[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: xerox.jpg (16 KB, 455x284)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
crazy to find out ... had to switch supplier .... this stuff happen frequently?? electronics on a network mining BTC? would this slow down a connection???
>>
>>216324706
It would fuck your power bill before your connection.
>>
>>216325047
a single machine dedicated to it would fuck your power bill. But if you have thousands/millions of machines, you can distribute it and get away with it without anyone noticing high power usage.
>>
>>216324706
>would this slow down a connection?
not really no.

as for
>>216325047
>It would fuck your power bill
has no idea what he is talking about, since you can mine BTC on 5w Raspberry pi.
>>
>>216325532
And hypothetically you can lift a piano by hand, that doesn't mean someone sneaking a piano-moving crane into your budget isn't going to get some significant fuel costs.
>>
>>216324706
brainlet of brainlets here. How would this work? I don't get it. I didn't think you could really do proof of work without serious investment in hardware. Even as a weird Beowulf cluster, I don't think this would do it. Right?
>>
>>216324706
Yes. They are stealing bandwidth.
>>
>>216325532
You can mine btc on a fucking graphing calculator too. Good luck. The real miners switched to asics ages ago.
>>
>>216326196
Asics?
>>
>>216324706
I just checked my Jewbase and the CEO’s a Jew.
>>
>>216326845
Your normal processor is like a spoon, its good for a lot of things but not excellent at eating icecream
An ASIC is a specially engineered processor that does nothing but eat icecream. As such the amount of icecream its able to scoop per watt of power consumed is increased significantly

Replace eat icecream with mine bitcoins
>>
>>216325910
you're making extremely assumptions based on zero fucking knowledge of how they implemented it. stop acting like a retard.

>>216326196
it doesn't matter, in fact the cheaper (lower hash rate + energy consumption) they can install in their fax machines would mean the break even point is lower.

so you make 1000 cheap btc miners in bulk, add the price of a single unit to the retail price of your fax so you're already break even then everything after that is profit, since you aren't paying electricity.
and if the energy consumption is low, then people have more incentive to buy your fax/miner
>>
>>216327017
Thanks.
>>
>>216327017
I would of used a fork in that analogy, but it's okay anon
>>
>>216324706
>This company Mines BTC on all their fax machines they put in everyones business
BASED

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.