[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qa/ - Question & Answer

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 35 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: chris_poole_moot.0.png (653 KB, 1200x800)
653 KB
653 KB PNG
why in the world does this guy get any recognition? he just copy and pasted a website
>>
He was the first to appeal to a booming online market with an imageboard that lucked out to be one of the best for self expression.
>>
>>1903967
>that lucked
And lucked
>>
he was a pretty good admin. also, he brought interest for these simple bulletin boards that do not require registration to the english speaking web.
>>
Right place, right time. Also was probably in the .01% intellectually for his age at age fifteen, though he seems like a bit of a dumb dumb these days. That gave him the cultural perception of his half of the generation along with the means to create a discussion platform for them. Copypasting a website doesn't really mean you won't get recognition, either, not sure what's up with that implied premise. That's how facebook came about.
>>
Because he was daddy
>>
>>1903965
What's ironic is while Hiroshimoot gets recognition for 2channel and moot gets recognition for 4chan, the admin of futaba/2chan is completely unknown. She is so unknown that people think Hiro was admin of 2chan because people don't know the difference between Japanese reddit and the website that 4chan is based on.
>>
>>1904010
Funny thing how both 2ch and 2chan like reddit more than 4chan, really foggin me noggin.
>>
>>1904030
website rivalries are dumb and immature. i am hopeful one day move past it and just isolate ourselves from the rest of the web and not care about what they do. granted, reddit is corporate as fuck so is prone to being cheesy and gay and lacking of personality when compared to something like 4chan. the user interface is ugly and nearly unusable, and the website is massively popular so obviously norms love it and use it. i don't really care though, i dislike all websites that require registration so to me reddit is just another ugly feature-bloated corporate-owned type website so irrelevant to me.

i feel like at this point simply calling people out for being dumb norms is more effective than calling people redditors. they're synonymous, one is just more direct.
>>
>>1904030
2chan isn't like reddit, it's more like old 4chan. This is because 2chan never had a massive community. It's maintained a culture of being incredibly niche and as a result it's far more comfy. Even its /b/ equivalents are superior to ours.

On the other hand 1/3rd of the entire jap population uses 2channel and this means many of the jap equivalent to redditors are on there being generally unfunny, incompetent and completely lacking in talent.
>>
>>1904066
i think the post you replied to meant that both 2channel and futaba users prefer to use reddit over 4chan.
>>
>>1903965
I don't know how he did it honestly. Creating a website out of poorly-translated Japanese coding and keeping it from being shut down, all whilst being a 16 year old high schooler with no money, seems rough.
>>
>>1904072
>keeping it from being shut down
Took him several tries to get it right.
>>
>>1904080
Overall though he succeeded. Not only that, but he somehow kept the site from stagnating despite questionable moderation policies.
>>
>>1904042
Most of the current posters on 4chan are literal redditors, though.
>>
>>1905299
4fag since 2005, redditurd since 2006. I can't see how your argument works when the goal of anonymity was that posters' identities and habits wouldn't matter.
>>
>>1904030
>2ch and 2chan
>>1904068
>2channel and futaba
???
Are these not all the same thing???
>>
File: あかり_500.jpg (374 KB, 1280x720)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>1906363
2ch, now known as 5ch, is the text board Hiroyuki made. It is also referred to as 2channel or2ちゃんねる in Japanese.
2chan, still known as 2cahn, is an imageboard which was created by anons on 2ch. It is also referred to as futaba channel/futaba or ふたば・ふたばちゃんねる・ふたばちゃんねる in Japanese.
2chan/futaba:
https://www.2chan.net
2ch/5ch/2channel:
https://www2.5ch.net/5ch.html

Anons have been getting these two sites mixed up for years so I understand the confusion.
>>
>>1906825
Isn't that what anon said?
>>
>>1906829
I reread it and deleted my post out of shame and embarrassment
>>
>>1906808
lmao I've been visiting these for like ten fucking years and I have been confused the entire time until this post. Sometimes when I visit 2ch the UI makes complete sense and other times I can't navigate whatsoever. Now I know why, I'm a fucking shit-eating imbecile.
>>
>>1903965
Ordinary Magician
>>
>>1904010
>she
>>
>>1903965
The Unidentified Fantastic Flying Girl
>>
>>1906808
forgot to add 5ch now is owned by jim watkins known for datamining his users over both 5ch and 8ch
>>
>>1906324
If identities and habits don't matter, why moderate what gets posted? Doesn't matter who posted it or who sees it, no?
>>
>>1903965
Eternal Shrine Maiden
>>
>>1903965
where do you think you are?
>>
He once famously wished to be the Little Girl.
>>
>>1912224
The content of the post is all that matters, that's the fucking point of anonymity and why moot and shii were so adamant about it. But of course, all I'm saying works in a vacuum and is extremely detached from our reality.
>>
>>1910392
Not anymore, he sold it to some Japanese company which changed the name to 5ch to avoid copyright issues.
>>
>>1903965
Moot is divine in our lives. Without him we'd be nothing.
>>
>>1903965
Yeah but he did it before anyone else did at least on the English speaking internet.
>>
>>1916057
Yeah, but other imageboards started poping up left and right within such a short period.
The fact 4chan lives on while countless others have died before it is simply due to the fact that the goons picked it to be their hideout.
>>
>>1903965
Who's that?
>>
>>1903965
4chan had so much potential but it never rose above being the cesspit of the internet. Meanwhile reddit has become like the 7th most visited website in the whole world and actually makes money. Moots is a fucking failure of a businessman
>>
>>1919766
This, 4chan even eightchan has more functions than this shithole (multiple Images/gifs)
>>
>>1919766
>>1919852
why do you want 4chan to be popular, and why do you want it to be bloated with features?
>>
>>1920936
>wanting to hoard things for yourself

popular and profitable = more boards more topics better moderation and if we were profitable moot wouldnt have had to sell the site. 4chan is pretty much free speech internet and if we were bigger the anti pc culture might just spill over irl. its sickening that reddit with its censorship and hugboxing has became the defacto forum for all things online.

>but i want my comfy neet hideout!

thats selfish, and you can always go to smaller chans for that.
>>
>>1920953
I blame the goons. Outside of the Rage/Macro faggotry, reddit was a pretty alright place up until the early 2010s.
>>
>>1903965
Because of his kissable face.
>>
>>1921328
The problem is the up down vote system
>>
File: 1377973356431.png (4 KB, 237x203)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>1921587
Yet anons are proud of their "filtered xd" list.
Truly a perplexing, self-conflicting bunch.
>>
Why did world2chan, which had an English language imageboard before 4chan, not take off and 4chan did?
>>
>>1922912
Shilling.
>>
fk moot
>>
>>1903965
Hudson Hawk
>>
>>1903965
The mods play the instruments.
He plays the orchestra.

The mods moderate the boards.
He runs the website.

The mods make do with his dried cum.
He produced it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.