[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why do people on 4chan get so angry over petty bullshit?
>>
Everything is petty unless you actually like it.
>>
What I'm trying to say is that people who genuinely like something generally won't shitpost it like it's nothing.
>>
>>948749
I get what you mean. And it also offers an explanation for the anger. When I see someone take something I like and treat it like dirt, it makes me furious. People have anonymity as a shield so they feel like they don't have to put any thought or care into what they say and I hate that.
>>
>>948760
It's even worse when they're breaking rules and nothing is done about it because nobody reports anything and there aren't many mods.
>>
>>948760
I agree, low-effort shitposts bother the fuck out of me, and I wish mods could be a little less lenient on idiots who've clearly put 0 effort into a reply.

But of course, many people'd disagree with that suggestion, and I'd probably get told to fuck off to Reddit if I mentioned it to a wider audience.
>>
>>948760
Why are you here if you don't like anonymous?
>>
>>948760
Oh, and the worst is when other "fans" join in on the shitposting. What casual turd starts shitposting the thing they like?

>>948772
Most of the time people bring up Reddit, they're really just telling you they don't like what you said and have no counterargument to back up their poorly formed opinions.
>>
>>948772
>>948769
>>948778
I'm glad to see others who feel the same way. 4chan has a reputation as a "harsh" website and all but it's just annoying when you see someone who's put a lot of thought into their post and in response they get something like "LMAO stay mad DCuck." Just for a random but prevalent example.

Sad thing is, even if they did get their posts moderated, they'd learn nothing from it. Ban evasion is too easy and people believe they're above the rules.

>>948775
I actually do like anonymity. I like being able to express my opinion without someone snooping into my post history, and I like that I can easily enter or leave a discussion without anyone having to know. What I don't like is how it's used as an excuse to be an asshole for no reason.
>>
>>948784
>4chan has a reputation as a "harsh" website
I've noticed that a lot of people confuse "harsh" with "posting garbage and insulting people just because". They think 4chan is /b/ or now /pol/.
>>
>>948735

Because it's OUR petty bullshit and nobody else should be allowed to have it
>>
>>948735
It's complicated, but the short story is it all ultimately still comes right back to the oldest of rivalries. The rivalry with 4chan and normalfags.

If you think it's all confusing then you're probably on the other side of the fence looking in and think it's all just memes and stuff. (No offense)
But trust me. If you're autistic enough to see it, everything is as crystal clear today as it was many years ago, except for the solution to the problem which is why it continually gets worse and worse.
>>
>>948814
Normal people aren't exactly the problem, the problem is people who go into a thread about something without having respect for it.
>>
>>948835
Not at all. You know the saying 4chan was never good.
That's because it's always been like that. There has always been people going into threads they don't respect and shitting everything up.

Honestly not much has changed in that regard. What has changed is the atmosphere of rolling with the punches and having fun, has turned into an atmosphere of actual hatred and debate.

and that's a change that has occurred all over the internet. In my opinion social media is the culprit.
Social media teaches people that being online is not about being in a group it's about being an individual. It teaches people that it's not about having fun it's about "winning", and it teaches people to pretend everything has inherent value to be judged rather than to just have a good experience.

The difference is honestly so obvious I have no doubt that anyone who thinks social media didn't ruin the internet probably never used the internet before myspace was a thing.

and just to reiterate. Because I'm starting to think when I talk like this newfags think it's all about "muh quality" but that is so fucking wrong. It has nothing to do with that at all.
>>
>>948858
TL;DR git gud newfag
>>
>>948858
>There has always been people going into threads they don't respect and shitting everything up.
And as 4chan gets bigger that happens more often.
>>
>>948858
this guy gets it
>>
>>948735
Because we're anonymous and we can
>>
>>948864
What's your point though? I was saying that's not the problem so who cares if it happens more?

You know a lot of 4chan's "culture" only exists because of people trolling and shitposting.

This is one of the big differences between the old internet and the new internet. It's the NEW internet that seems to want to take people's right to act like immature asshats online. The old internet celebrated it.

We didn't overanalyze everything. Take mod abuse for example. We'd just laugh at it. Nowadays people act all entitled to quality leadership or some shit. Everything just takes a backseat to having fun.
Do you realize we don't even have an acceptable way to laugh online anymore? We used to have TONS of ways to show appreciation for stuff or laughter. Now the only thing we have left is the ability to post a laughing reaction image (which 9 times out of 10 is still interpreted as ironic or smug)

We would even put up with attention whoring more (remember boxxy?)
Because by and large we were living in a digital world. It was like what happens in cyberspace stays in cyberspace. But as social media took over and the real world started creeping in more and more it started to piss a lot of people off.
Normalfags and social media did their part in making everything really serious, and (unfortunately) we also played a role in that too because we hated what was happening. We stopped saying "lol" because normalfags started saying it, etc..

Both sides are at fault, but at least as far as 4chan is concerned normalfags are the bigger problem because they couldn't lurk when coming here. They don't know the first thing about 4chan's past and culture and assume our way of doing things is basically like an older version of reddit or some crap.
>>
>>948889
More people who shitpost move in. More people who actually respect a shitposted topic leave. Even more new people come in and see all the shitposting and start to believe that's how thing should be done. In the end there are few people who actually like a topic. /v/ is a great example of this. You are right about social media making things worse, because they are taught that their individual opinion, no matter how false and poorly formed it is, matters more than what's actually true. It's an over inflated sense of self worth, an "I'm important/right because I'm me" mindset. A selfish way of thinking that often damages the way they think.
>>
>>948858
>Social media teaches people that being online is not about being in a group it's about being an individual.
Is this really true or it just attracts these self-centered individuals instead of teaching them to do so?
Isn't these kinds of people always exists but only come to the internet with the social media trending?
>>
>>948934
Either way. Even if they already existed they didn't really exist as much online. Social media pulled them in.
>>
>>948787
I agree completely anon. I'm an adult and can take insults and brush them off, but I like to view imageboards as a refuge for all the harsh treatment I had in real life and all the angry and agressive people out there.
>>
>>948910
Yeah but you're talking about the degradation of quality which is just a different topic altogether.

The OP was talking about why people get on each others case for every damn thing now.
Most of the fighting and "go back to le reddit" spewing isn't really caused by low quality so much. (although some people seem to think quality implies reddit users one way or another now)
>>
>>948987
People get on each other more now because anyone that actually likes something that's shitposted up and down The Great Wall of China is sick and tired of it and are always at the breaking point. It's the buildup of garbage around things they like that pisses people off. Everyone has something that genuinely makes them upset and they can't take it after a certain point.
>>
>>948995
>something that's shitposted up and down The Great Wall of China
Not him. But I would add that even something I enjoy, if the topic has been covered 1000 times, eventually I get tired of typing up a meaningful contribution. It's not that I'm pissed off, just tired of rehashing my point. Yeah, I probably should just leave it alone and not get in the thread, but I will sometimes shit them up instead
>>
>>948735
4chan is a dark case study of "ironic" bigotry and contrarianism, and where it eventually leads. It's not the same people now as it was then. The initial crowd of edgelords were just taking the piss. They've been outnumbered; bigots show up and eventually take over, because bigots can't understand irony.
>>
>>949017
I wouldn't go back and shitpost out of boredom, it's not good for it because then other people will see it and think that's what you're supposed to do.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.