[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 0.png (3.48 MB, 2200x4345)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB PNG
My name is Mary.

I now own a dungeon.

Not by choice, mind you. I was forced into this when the previous owner placed a curse on me after I tried to audit him. Now I'm the ruler of this place until someone manages to fix this mess.

So, anywhere between a month and forever.

But I'm trying to make the most of it while I'm here.

Today we have a guest...
>>
File: 1.png (216 KB, 726x712)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>1677898

Known Runes:
Water
Fancy
Stone
Comfy
Explode
Sword
Metal
Wood
Container
Fist
Cloth
Magic
String
Fire
Mind
Oil
Music
Mithril
Psionic
Levitation
Wind
Light
Tech
Law
Dark
Mundane (Anti-Magic)
Plain
Chaos
Gravity
Candy
Poison
Time
Glass
Heal
Shield
Aqua
Lightning
Thorn

===Items===
Chests: G10
Food: Good- G10, Excellent- G20

===Tier I Units===
==All Unlocked==

===Tier II===
==All Unlocked==

===Tier III Units===
Archiver II: Cost of conversion to opposite runes dropped to 1. New runes can be created randomly by destroying two runes. G- 9000. Price drops by 200 for each rune known.
Carpenter II: Allows for the creation of a second dungeon or added floor. G-3000
Demonologist III: Price to create demons dropped by 1 rune. 5 rune demons will cost 4, 3 will cost 2, etc. Demons can go on Expeditions to retrieve material for the dungeon if they are 3 runes or higher. Higher runed demons bring back greater rewards. G- 4000
Dungeoneer III: Allows for the creation of 7 rune monsters. Can alter the runes in a demon once, only. Allows Final Boss rooms to contain 6 rune monsters. Allows Extra Boss runes to contain 7 rune monsters. G-5000
Calculator: Invests money into otherworldly affairs. Money is generated as more money is poured into investments. G-2000

===Tier I Rooms===
Kitchen: G-200
Barracks: G200
Empty Room: G50
Treasure Room: G100

===Tier II Rooms===
Mini-Boss Room: G100
Final Boss Room: G1000
False Final Boss Room: G500 (Must contain a trap of some kind)
Trapped Room: G75 (Requires Builder)
Magical Trap: G100 (Requires Dungeoneer)
False Wall: G25 (Requires Dungeoneer)

===Tier III Rooms===
Entrance Repair: G300 (Requires Carpenter)
Dungeon Outside Change: G500 (Requires Carpenter)
Slime Breeding Room: G500 3 Water Runes. Additional rooms cost G600. 1.5x rune production per room.
Extra Boss Room: Holds 6 Rune Monsters. G-1200

===Tier IX Rooms===
Added Dungeon Floor: ??? (Requires Dungeoneer II. Requires Carpenter II. Requires 2 Boss demons to have been made)
Extra Dungeon: ??? (Requires Dungeoneer II. Requires Carpenter III. Requires 3 Bosses to have been made)

Note: Rooms are furnished with the bare minimum. They can be enhanced with runes.

===Spells===
Unlocked:
Audit: Takes 1 item from target. 20 Mana
Calculate: Tells the worth of target. 10 Mana
Multiply: Temporarily creates a copy of an object. 20 Mana
Bankrupcy: Target loses all items. 100 Mana
Summon Lawyers: Summons a lawyer to distract target. 20 Mana.

https://pastebin.com/4gAZ7sWf
>>
File: 2.png (84 KB, 800x600)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
".... I know I agreed to repair this..." Novem says, "But I didn't quite get a good look at it the last time I was here... Still, a deal is a deal. We will repair how your dungeon entrance looks. Do you have some sort of theme you were going for?"
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1677909
Lewd sex dungeon. Say it mary.

As a joke
>>
>>1677909
It should have a cutout of Lily next to it, holding a ruler that says "Must be this long to ride."
>>
>>1677909
Yes, something like the background of this image, but with a slimegirl instead.
>>
>>1677909

Well, it is Slimecrown Citadel. Perhaps a large gate with a crowned slime on top would be a good place to start?

Or maybe some double doors that both from a mosaic of Curie and her various attendants?
>>
>>1677909
Take a look inside. The first trap should make it obvious.

>>1677904
I misread Law as Lewd D:

Lewd rune when?
>>
>>1677909
Well, I think because we are a big ol' Citadel. We want some large walls and a largr gate, the walls have towers at the end of each to help emphasize the majesty. And then a few banners running down the top of the walls, displaying the Slimecrown Citadel Emblem.

Perhaps some foliage too? A few trees to help look a bit more lived in as opposed to sparse
>>
>>1677909
The dungeon is full of wet girls, with a few big buff dudes and a plant of nondetermined gender. Work with that.
>>
>>1677909
Traditional castle, with slimes: Short, stout rounded castle doors surrounded by a relief of a giant slime wearing a crown (basically what the skull was trying to do here) with a porticullis behind them.

That's the citadel itself rising behind the cave, right? Let's get our entrance to mesh with the rest of the dungeon's wall.
>>
Does anybody have the picture of the big slime covering the citadel?
>>
>>1677942
I'm liking this. We had a concept drawing earlier, but can't find it...
>>
>>1677909
Needs a moat filled with basic 1 rune slimes. Thousands of them.
>>
>>1677909

Castle-esque with a large slime canopy. The entrance will be a gate with slimecrowns name carved into the upper archway. Add a fountain out front as well and make it pretty, because that's where the supporters/founders plaque will go, and on which Yum's name will feature. Otherwise, Yum mentions are not to be on the outside of the building.

Also, pitch BRAWNDO to her.
>>
>>1677968
We'll pitch Brawndo to her when we've got the entrance finished.

It can't just be an add on, this is the defining moment of the thread, after all.
>>
castle gate with turrets for slime guards to stand on.
>>
>>1677909
>>1677961
Yes, a slime crowned citadel, if you will.
>>
File: 1486229376361.jpg (120 KB, 1230x1174)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>1677909
>>1677961
Found it
>>
>>1677909
Woohoo! New Audtist Quest!

A Citadel, made with Slime, preferably near the crown of it.
>>
>>1677909
One final thing I want to add.

We should have a rather ornate statue at the beginning, or at the fountain. One of Curi. That way, it also doubles as a convenient vehicle for sponsorship plaques. Things that are always subtle and won't break lore too hard.
>>
>>1677993
I remember some other idea where instead of over the whole citadel, the slime dome the highest tower.
>>
I always thought the dungeon was inside a mountain, am I the only one who did that?
>>
>>1678002
It's kind of nebulous really, I kinda assumed that the rock wall and shabby entrance always lead to a pocket dimension, that was our dungeon. It's just the one remodeling aspect that's lagged behind, for admittedly good reasons.
>>
File: 3.png (129 KB, 800x600)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>1678002
It was. We're changing that. No more inside of a mountain super spooky aesthetic.

We're making this a proper citadel.

>>1677993
This is just for the entrance. For now. We'll change the whole thing later.

>Mary gives some pointers to how she wants the dungeon to look to Novem. The woman takes notes and crafts a draft.

"How's this? It has the fountain, sentry towers, and just a more castle-like entrance."
>>
>>1678025
Yep, that's a good un' Novem.
>>
>>1678025

Any chance the turrets can shoot lasers to deter future vandalism?
>>
>>1678025
Where's the Lily cutout?
>>
>>1678025
Add a huge neon sign shaped like Lily being smug.
>>
>>1678025
I'm liking this. I'm liking this a lot.
>>
>>1678025
I like it but let's make it slightly slimier by adding goo waterfalls. Maybe thin ones either side of the banners with semicircular pools for it to drain into?
>>
>>1678046
Seconding the Smug Lily.
>>
>>1678025
Can you make it ooze?
>>
>>1678048
Semicircular ones across the whole width of the diagonal pools I mean. So two waterfalls per pool.
>>
>>1678046
eeeeeeeh that's pretty gaudy. I like this look.

We just need a variety of Smug Lily shots for promotional material!
>>
>>1678057
We could make a shield with her smug, make it our dungeon's banner.
>>
>>1678025

This is fine. No neon Lilies or slime-falls, please.
>>
>>1678047
No wait actually. Mary.

We need YOU.

YOUR FACE. A SILHOUETTE. OR MAYBE A STATUE.

But people need to know that this was because of you. YOU. You came in here with nothing, and are changing this into something amazing. What is soon to be the greatest dungeon complex in the world is something wraught by YOUR hands. I mean sure, we advise and suggest. But YOU are the final arbiter, and YOU are where all the praise should land. This place would be nothing without YOU. And everyone should know it, now! Think about it, MASTER MARY.

Has a great ring to it, eh?
>>
>>1677909
Fat king slime and you enter through his mouth. There should be parapets poking through his "shoulders," and a banner that says "Welcome!" Maybe a Yum!-brand concession stand outside and carnival games. Remember, Mary only controls the inside of the dungeon.
>>
>>1678049
>>1678045
>>1678047
That seems to strip clubish. Doesn't fit the theme.

Ooh add torch sconces for night time adventurers
>>
>>1678025
Needs more Lily.
>>
>>1678064
Blasphemy. We need a Smug Lily Cutout, or a Neon Smug Lily, or a Smug Lily Photoshoot or something.

Something to tell the adventurers "We have Smug Lily here."
>>
>>1678070
I didnt vote for a Lily cutout. That's not me.
>>
Can we get Status of Mary and the royal slimes?
Maybe put them in the fountain?
>>
>>1678072
What about a balcony where lily could address potential Adventurers? Nothing like the real deal
>>
>>1678070
It's a sneak peek at the most regal slime! Every serious dungeon does that.
>>
>>1678082
Can she speak?
>>
>>1678062
Well, we do kind of have an emblem out already...

Maybe she's on the opposite side of our citadel tokens?

Even though if it should be anyone, it should be Curi...serriously guys, Curi IS Slimecrown way more than Lily is...

Besides adventurers haven't obsessed themselves over Lily. Don't need to force popularity, that just makes things unpopular!

>>1678070
I do think the torch sconces are a nice idea though. Classy look for a Classy dungeon.

>>1678083
Which is Mama Curi...
>>
>>1678025
Geez, that sign was huge.
>>
>>1678080
That might be better suited to a hall of statues later.
>>
>>1678086
Only in Slimish that we know of. The other three rune princesses speak Common, but I think SOMEONE skipped Common lessons...
>>
>>1678087
Technically, it's Bloops.

Also, haven't you heard? It's normally $1000 PER Smug Lily.
If adventurers know we have Smug Lily here, they'll be lining up to give us money.
>>
>>1678082
I dig it. Someplace where we can take a look outside would be nice. It'd be great for us when we can go outside.
>>
>>1678095
Actually, considering that Mary has to make herself known sometimes, like during raids. It's not a bad idea to have a much more safe spot for Mary to speak to adventurers.
>>
>>1678099
I thought we would be behind the slime bubble, though.

>>1678092
Pretty sure she can speak actual human by this point.
>>
>>1678099
That's a really good point.
Agreed and seconded

We should probably build something like that in the dungeon proper. In the final boss room.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (128 KB, 800x600)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>1678092
>Lily points out that it is not her responsibility to learn the language of the common folk. They must instead learn to rise up and speak her tongue.
>>
>>1678116
Lily, go post outside the dungeon with the new entrance for Smug Photoshoots.
>>
>>1678116
This is very, very noble like.
>>
>>1678116
Nobody understands her blind tard language. She is mercilessly mocked.
>>
>>1678120
Excellent idea.
>>
>>1678116
Told you guys.

Guess Slimish Syrup is going to be a big seller one day. Or RSJ. Or the Slimeheart Locket(as a drop, that is)
>>
so, what are we doing this time? im hoping for some fun mary trying not to freak out because now she's a mother things!
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1678116
I'll make her tongue serve the common folk
>>
File: 4.png (302 KB, 800x1200)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>1678080
>>1678066
Oh god no.
Statues of oneself is something that like... A dictator would do. I'm just running the place.
With absolute power...

No statues of me.

>Mary adds some sconces for nighttime adventures and a podium where she can address people who enter. Or she can send someone else to address them. One or the other.

"How is this?" Novem asks.

".... I think this is it. This is good."

1/2
>>
oh yea the dark souls like item drops with realy cool descriptions.
>>
>>1678135
Well we have the YUM deal to Iron out And watch Anon try to/not to bungle it based off the last time, the YUM! test run. And there is also that call we got from the League Of Dungeon Masters...
>>
>>1678116
>expecting commoners to be more educated than nobles
I question Lily's standards for what nobility entails.
>>
>>1678139
>>1678116

>>1678116

Actually, most accomplished royalty learned to speak a menagerie of tongues. It was a mark of pride showing intelligence, wit, and culture. Failing to learn more than your mother tongue at best was deemed just lazy, if not an indication that the royalty in question lacked the intelligence or aptitude.
>>
>>1678137
Sorry, she only tongues alternate dimension elves
>>
>>1678139
awesome sauce, now then, lets make more dark souls item drops.
>>
>>1678139
AESTHETIC AS FUCK!
Are you sure you don't want a statue, Mary? It's free, we don't have to pay for it!
>>
>>1678139
Where is Lily's smug? It can be as statue too.
>>
>>1678139
Hide a slime token in the tuft of grass along the right side.
>>
>>1678139
>and a podium where she can address people who enter

Oooookay not!dictator.
>>
>>1678139
Oh my god. We look...we look beautiful!

>>1678147
Keep in mind that these item drops are actually programmed in, more or less. We don't actually have to make them. Bosses drop them automatically off the table.
>>
>>1678139
Mary, needs more Smug Lily.
>>
>>1678158
yea but we can make cool descriptions that add cool lore and make people sad that they killed certain people!
like if they kill the shy princess, they should always feel bad for doing that.
>>
>>1678116
Lily, educated commoners tend to start revolutions. Think about that for a minute.
>>
File: 5.png (94 KB, 800x600)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>1678157
It's... You guys suggested it!

>>1678151
No statues.

"Excellent." Novem says. "I'll finalize the changes in just a moment. We also have a cheque for G2,000 ready for you if you will agree to a trial run in your dungeon. We have the chests and products ready to go."
>>
>>1678185
I think we're ready to give this a trial run.

Lets see how this goes people!
>>
>>1678185
Oh hey, those look pretty lore friendly
>>
>>1678185
Mary, tell her that we were considering her request for a boss and we'd like access to the YUM! Rune for it.
Pitch the shit out of Brawndo, Mary.
>>
>>1678185
Now is the time to pitch BRAWNDO, the Mutilator (of Thirst).
>>
>>1678197
>>1678198
Wait until we see this work out first! We don't have a mini boss room ready for him yet.
>>
>>1678185
Okay, but I think we should structure the Yum! shop in a more lore-friendly way' like having it shaped like a traveling merchant's wagon. That looks a bit too much like an obviously tacked-on advertisement, which would clash with the dungeon atmosphere.
>>
>>1678203
Nah, man. We do it now, and pitch it as an event. He'll take over Boss Room from Curi during the YUM! Trial Run.
Then at the end, when people beat him or lose, he tells them to come back and CHALLENGE HIM FOR REAL AT THE COLOSSEUM!
OHHHH YEAH~!
>>
>>1678203
So cycle him out with someone else! We already had more minibosses than rooms.
>>
>>1678185

We will do her one better, a hidden boss with a YUM! theme. BRAWNDO the Slime Gladiator.

As for her tagging of the shop, it's a little blatant. I'd suggest allowing our restaurant to have an "Out of this World" menu with YUM products on it. Clever, punny, and subtle.

YUM! chests are fine as is. Maybe add a storyline/piece of lore with each that talks about a merchant losing his cache and abandoning it to hungry slimes.
>>
>>1678203
Agreed. Let's wait to sweeten the pot when we know it's worth the effort.

>>1678209
Also agreed.
>>
>>1678185
Looks good to go. They don't play music or anything right?
>>
>>1678185
Wait, we've looked over the contract for any unexpected and unfortunate hidden clauses, right? For example, if either party decides to cancel the sponsorship, that doesn't mean they'll revert the entrance to the way it was, does it?
>>
>>1678185
Is that a pocket protector or a Minia patch?
>>
>>1678185
>>1678203

What we need is to use the money we are getting for a miniboss room upgrade to the colloseum. That way, we can setup a roster of fun fights for adventurers to enjoy.

>>1678209

I approve of a merchant's wagon or similar serving as a stall for YUM products. Have them offer a reward for YUM chests returned from throughout the dungeon, with a special reward for finding all of the hidden chests.
>>
>>1678227
The intent of a trial run is to see if this contract is beneficial. I don't think there is any intent to sign and hand over the money until all parties are happy with the data they saw.

>>1678209
>>1678230
Ooh I like this!
>>
>>1678230
>What we need is to use the money we are getting for a miniboss room upgrade to the colloseum.
Full Boss Room. That way we can do a boss run in there if we want, or the standard colosseum set up leading up to Brawndo, who is a full Boss.
>>
>>1678185
Thats what they all say Mary! Next thing you know, you are marching columns of slimes through the street, banners unfurled in conquest. Tsk Tsk.
>>
>>1678230
I like both of these, but lets build the collosseum upstairs when we build the Rest of the city. Adventurers can fight there against monsters from the dungeon at their pleasure, against a Small Fee and without the drops. This way they can train or reenact fights without entering the dungeon itself.
>>
File: 6.png (102 KB, 800x600)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>1678209
>>1678230
>>1678212
I'll keep the boss idea to myself for now. Just until we see how the trial run goes.

"You know, I think I may have a better idea. Instead of being in the store, how about having a wagon selling the goods? The lore could be that they came to visit the citadel and, along the way, lost some of their goods to the slimes within. That's why the chests are all around.

Maybe even add a reward for finding all the chests."

>Novem looks quite taken by the idea.

"I hadn't considered something like that... I think it blends into the lore very well. Not only that but they are rescuing a member of our brand and actively hunting for our product... This is a great idea, Mary. Very good. Normally I would have to check in with others before changing something like this but, considering it's the trial run, I think we can just do it now.

Is there anything else or shall we move forward with this?"
>>
>>1678251
There! Let's run it!
>>
>>1678251
Lets give er a go!
>>
>>1678251
She looks like she has impressive juggs

See if you can convince her to wear something more revealing.
>>
>>1678246
Colosseum needs to have prizes, or nobody will do it.
Perhaps Colosseum Points or something?

>>1678251
>I'll keep the boss idea to myself for now. Just until we see how the trial run goes.
Mary, we need Brawndo to hype the Trial Run and Colosseum though. That's the point, he's the draw.
You've got to have your draw.
>>
>>1678262
I don't want our dungeon investigated for handing out CP. Just integrate it into the greater dungeon token system.
>>
>>1678251

Let's do this! Still a fan of updating the Colloseum into a miniboss room and setting up a roster of our bench warmers to be ready to fight adventurers there if they want an extra challenge.
>>
So who are we hoping to show up today?
>>
>>1678287
Marauder and Demon
>>
>>1678262
Hm i think Training and Strategy testing should be good Motivation to go there. For other rewards, we already have a token System we can add this to, i guess. Maybe for completing challenges, like defeat 100 random slimes without rest, or fight reginald with one Hand tied behind your back.
>>
>>1678251
Locked and rocked. Let's do this.
>>
>>1678287
I'm hoping this episode we can see someone try out the lockets or fusion goo. Maybe Ronin and Psion, or Rogue and Mage.
>>
>>1678251

Oh right, Mary, don't forget to look back to the previous thread where we discussed the multi-tier dungeon. Essentially, changing the dungeon challenge level and monster setup to accommodate adventurers of different levels and party sizes.
>>
>>1678296
Nah, man. It can't just be a "Pay some gold, fight a think." There need to be full Colosseum Tournaments, a Ladder Bracket people can run through, ect.
You get points based on how well you do, which can be exchanged for special colosseum rewards and if you reach the end you can fight Brawndo for his drops.
If you win the tournament, you get to challenge Brawndo for the Rare and Mighty 「Championship Belt」

And then have him do promos and interviews and shit.
>>
>>1678296
Different types of Coliseum fights maybe.

>Boss Rush (Take on the toughest of Slimecrown's inhabitants in back to back battles! Can you make it all the way?)
>Tournament Event (16 man tournament, half slimes, half adventurers. Who will take home the gold?!)
>100 Slime Kumite (You against 100 slimes, one after the other! Try 1000 Slime Kumite for ultra rare prizes!)
>Dream Team Match (Ever wanted to fight ALONGSIDE a boss slime you don't normally get to in an arena situation? Now's your chance!)
>>
>>1678323
AT that point zts going to be a dungeon level on its own. Not that im completely against that. It's one idea for a new Level theme/layout
>>
>>1678323
>>1678336
My hope is that if we do proceed with this line of thinking in the future, that we trial it, and then put it into practice as it's own dungeon like >>1678340 brings up.

When Mary's Dungeon Enterpises expands with more varieties of dungeons, it's going to be a very useful too for cross dungeon promotions.
>>
>>1678287
Sparky and Psion.
>>
I think it might be best to save this kind of discussion until the end of the thread. We want to keep things pretty stable until we wrap up this special princess event and then we should have a nice pile of runes and gold to roll out a new thing all at once.
>>
>>1678340
>>1678349
The reason for the Colosseum Setup though is that it doesn't have to be it's own dungeon.

We can literally stick a large boss room with spectator seats, a small entrance/reception hall, and a room in back for the monster competitors.
Then use that for all our colosseum needs.

>>1678364
We are getting Brawndo this thread. I didn't wait however many weeks just to have to wait until next Audit.
>>
>>1678364
oh yeah the princess thing is still going on.
>>
>>1678375
Yes, I get that part, I'm just saying that in the future if we get more and more dungeons, the Colosseum is better served as an all purpose dungeon for all monsters against all our various realms to show up. That and then we can run a Colosseum run AND a Slimecrown run, doubling our revenues.

But for now, yeah it's fine as a future plan for Slimecrown.
>>
File: 7.png (141 KB, 800x600)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
"This is good. I think we're ready for a trial run."

"Great. Do you mind if I stay around to watch?"

"Of course not. However, I have complete control over everything, okay?"

"Of course."

>The front of the dungeon is repaired completely. It looks like a proper entrance to the citadel.

The outside still needs to be fixed but this is so much better.
I'm... Kinda proud of it. This is a weird feeling.

>>1677904
... Why do our assets not include... Well, our assets.

Assets

G: 4940
Runes: 16
Mana: 1
Staff: 5
Money Given to Caluclator: 0

That's better.

>She makes her way back into the citadel and is greeted by her newest worker.

"Auntie Mary!" Isabelle says, holding her arms out for a hug.

Oh god.

"Uh... Hello... Curi, can you watch over her for a bit?"

>She assigns one of her slimes to Isabelle duty and goes back to her chambers with Novem.

"So, this is where we do most of the actual work." She points to the multiple screens. "Right now we're doing an event so we have quite a few heroes ready to..."

>Mary notices a flashing icon on the screen. She has 7 missed messages.

>6 are from Red Widow and one is from Lord Savage of the Dungeon Keepers.

... I could just ignore all of these and start picking heroes for the dungeon.
>>
>>1678389
Oh, yeah definitely. Eventually making it, it's own thing would work pretty well.

I wonder if even though it's connected to Slimecrown, we can find a way to make a second entrance so we can do Colosseum Runs while it's connected.
We also need to find a way to allow people who want to spectate in, that way we can run betting on the side.
>>
>>1678375
The single most tiresome thing about these threads is when someone decides to push their pet idea when it's not the right time for it.

Let's at least get an adventurer run in first, please?
>>
>>1678400
Hey, read those messages, Mary
You're gonna be part of the guild!
>>
>>1678400
Look at the one from Lord Savage
>>
>>1678400
Mary! You give that girl a hug and let her watch how the dungeon is run.
If we're going to raise her into a proper heir, she needs to be involved.

Also don't open the ones from Red Widow until we get our halo. See what the one from Lord Savage is and send him a message saying we're with a sponsor at the moment and will be with him at the earliest available time.
>>
>>1678400
>Neglecting your child abomination

Tsk tsk.
>>
>>1678400

Read the messages, Mary.
>>
>>1678400
You know Mary, it's pretty bad form to not hug your niece/daughter. You're going to have to get better at this.

Check all the messages, Red Widow's is good for laughs, and Lord Savage is good for business.
>>
>>1678400
Let's give 4000G to Calculator, assuming we can pull it back out pretty easily, and see that message from Lord Savage first.
>>
>>1678406
No, the most tiresome thing about these threads is when you have four people say to pitch an item, versus two who didn't and it gets ignored.
Pushing an idea hard is the only way to get anyone to listen, otherwise we sit around jerking off about theme.

>Let's at least get an adventurer run in first, please?
The fuck do you think we're doing? Did you think a "YUM! Test Run consists of sitting on our ass getting a facial?"
>>
>>1678416
>>1678400

Also, yes. Hug the damn kid, Mary. You think she's bad now. Wait until you neglect her and she gets tearful and emotional. You don't want that.
>>
>>1678416
Hey, she's no abomination! She has runic items, but that doesn't make her less human!

>>1678420
I was under the impression we gave her 500g

Also, don't just stuff all our money in, that's bad business.

>>1678424
Theme is important, no matter how many times you say it isn't.
>>
>>1678432
>Theme is important, no matter how many times you say it isn't.
Theme is only important to a point. But around here, theme has become "I don't like this idea, better screech about theme until it gets dropped."
>>
>>1678435
>Theme is only important to a point.

HERESY!!!
Just kidding. Sorry couldn't resist. You are right anon
>>
>>1678432
I'd like to make back the money we spent on buying her some time this century. If it's hard to withdraw money we've given her, sure we can loan her less.
>>
>>1678435
Brawndo has electrolytes. I don't think we have a salt rune yet.
>>
>>1678424
That's a problem, not a solution. The reason every thread is five times as long as its actual content is because of people constantly bringing up their pet projects and talking about them for the entire thread when they don't have anything to do with what's actually happening at the time. The actual events of the quest have to share threadspace with that, and the people who want to participate in the thread have to constantly sift through it.
>>
>>1678450
It was more about testing out her returns first. That and we should always have a reserve, because remember, adventurers want loot. If we gave it all up (not what you're suggesting here, but bare with me) then we have nothing to give people. Not to mention its good to have reserves for projects LIKE the aforementioned Colosseum.
>>
>>1678400
Hey Mary, you should make sure the proper paperwork is filed so that you are Isabelle's foster mother, not her kidnapper.

And also, I'm really proud of you for stepping up like this. I know it's not easy for you. Isabelle's a good kid, you'll be fine.

You should make a point to find out how much gold she needs for those resurections though.
>>
>No smug lily gateway.
The entrance will forever be incomplete.
>>
>>1678452
I'll make you one and mail it in.
Though, I was thinking more along the lines of Water/Fist/Fist/Stone/Fancy or something.
>>
>>1678466
Maybe we can do Smug Lily Photoshoots showing off the new Entrance, eventually.
>>
File: 8.png (88 KB, 800x600)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>1678425
>>1678416
>>1678413

Okay, geeze.. I'll hug her or something.

>Mary has Curi bring the girl up. She opens her arms wide for another huge. Mary awkwardly responds by giving her a quick hug.

I am not good with kids.

"Yay~" Isabelle says.

"... So, Isabelle, you uh... Wanna watch me work for a bit?"

"Okay." She says with a smile.

Guess she'll just... Stand there.

>>1678463
ugh.... I guess. Yeah. Thanks.

I should probably look into making sure there is actually no one that could legally care for her and, if not, that I can.

Resurrections are NOT cheap, though. Last I saw one that drains EXP costs like 45,000 gold. True resurrections are even more expensive.

>>1678420
>>1678432
I.... Totally forgot to give her anything. I'll give her 500 and see what happens.

Now...
Let's see these emails real quick.

======================

To: Mary Smith
Subject: Entering the Dungeon Keepers Guild. Offer Within

Hello once again, Mary Smith. I know that our last chat was cut short but I hope this email reaches you at a good time. Please get in contact with me again at the earliest convenience.

We would very much like to discuss with you what our guild has to offer.

=======================

Uhm... Should I respond now? I also have a lot of potential heroes looking to come in right now.
>>
>>1678475
Oh, promotion material is nice too.

Hmm, we could have her be like an announcer of events, or put her on fliers and marketing campaigns.
>>
>>1678484
The faster you reply, the quicker we get guild privileges
Then we'll let those Heroes in!
>>
>>1678484
As we have a line of contact now, we should run at least once, and then see if the time is right to talk with Lord Savage, it does not appear to be time sensitive.
>>
>>1678484
Mary, look at it this way: Most people suck ass. This is your chance ti mold somebody who will not only ideally share your values and goals, but actually care about you... like that house plant you kept in your apartment to stave off the crushing loneliness that has most likely died by now.
>>
>>1678484
>DONT IGNORE ME,I WILL CRUSH YOU
oh god she's tsundere
>>
>>1678484

"Apologies, Lord Savage. We are presently in the middle of a special event with many customers waiting. We'll respond at end of business day."

Also, heh, I wanna keep ignoring the bitch.
>>
>>1678484
Respond after the trial. With Novem here, this is not the earliest convenience.
>>
>>1678510
Ignore her until we get our Halo, then respond with our Smuggest Mary face wearing the halo and be all "Oh sorry, didn't notice your messages. I was busy working out details with my new sponsor and finishing my application to the Dungeon Master Guild."
>>
>>1678484
Bully the Red Widow. She seems really easy to bait. Just reply "K." or something. Guaranteed replies.
>>
>>1678520
hahaha yes
also say your reply later
>>
>>1678484
This is not your earliest convenience, so don't respond yet.
Red Widow's funny. Don't respond, but don't block her either.
>>
>>1678484
Best to wait until you can devote your undivided attention to him. I feel like the two of you can have a good working relationship based on respect, he seems pretty reasonable.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1678484
bully her about lewd pics, since she's obviously a cam whore
>>
>>1678530
Speaking of Lewd Pics and Cam Whores, I wonder if we can convince Novum to pose for a Daki.
>>
>>1678484
Politely decline Lord Savage's offer, ideally your stay as a dungeon master is temporary.

With regards to Widow, invite her over for tea, snacks, and perhaps a visit to the spa? She must be lonely if she worries about the new DM not paying attention to her.
>>
We could have Demonologist watch over operations for a party or two while Mary takes care of administrative business. She did well last time.
>>
Yeah, hold off on it for now. Let's get this test over with and then we can focus on his offer.
>>
>>1678484

Don't respond for now, save it for after the current dungeon run. Savage seems to be aware that DMs have their own daily schedules, unlike Mrs. Spider.
>>
>>1678593
Naw, send Red Widow a 'lol k,' and THEN reply again after the run.
>>
>>
>>1677993
Drawanon here. Glad to see that my work has made an impression. and is beginning to be implemented into the dungeon.
>>
File: 9.png (65 KB, 723x600)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>1678520
>>1678524
Very tempting...

>>1678517
Also tempting.

>Mary replies to Red Widow's message with: "k"

Now to respond to Lord Savage.

>Mary drafts a simple reply: "Apologies, Lord Savage. We are presently in the middle of a special event with many customers waiting. We'll respond at end of business day."

>There is no reply email from him.

Probably gonna take a minute.

"Isabelle, watch. I'm going to bring up the groups that want to enter."

>Mary uses the Dungeon Manager 2.0. Three groups spring to the top of the list.

Hmm. Which to choose.
>>
>>1678674
GROUP 1
LET'S DO IT
This is the best chance for us to show our new entrance!
>>
>>1678674
OH HEY, IT'S PSION, RONIN, and MUSCLE WIZARD. And TWO NEW FRESH FACES.

GROUP 1!
>>
>>1678681
I think Marauder is Fighter-girl back for yet another go, only she's gotten ULTRA SWOLE.
>>
>>1678674
Group 2 seems interesting. An Aberration, eh?
>>
>>1678674
Group 3.

Though I mean, I'm fine with any of these groups.

Group 1 is definitely going to be the test to see how we do for lore though. That's for sure.
>>
>>1678674
GROUP 3!

DRAGON RUNES!

DRAGON SLIMES!
>>
>>1678674
Group 3! I bet they're lovers
>>
>>1678674
Raid group!
>>
>>1678674
I hope we can squeeze in group 2 because I want to see how their party works and get spooky runes for that basement idea but yeah, group 1. Love those guys.
>>
>>1678674
Group 1
>>
>>1678683
Who? You mean ronin?
>>
>>1678683
Possible, but I think its more likely a new class altogether.

>>1678685
Also now that I think about it, we're going to need to figure out how the raids are going to work for this iteration. I'll see if I can dig up the general template.
>>
Before I vote, remind me- what's the overall level of Curi?

I'm actually wondering if we might be underleveled for once. Which, I mean, fine if they win. Just something to note.

>>1678695
No, I mean OG girl. She was decked out in knight armor before, I forget her actual class name.
>>
>>1678674
Group 3, I hope it's Tali!
>>
>>1678674
This is always the hardest part for me...

If we have the lockets, group one.
Otherwise, group three.
>>
>>1678674
Eh... I really like that psion and wizard are such loyal repeat customers, and raid mode is fun, but I kind of think we should let more new people pass through.

Group 3.
>>
>>1678674
Group 2, I want new runes and dragons are overdone.

Sorry Group 1. Another time, not in the mood for a Raid.
>>
>>1678705
Warrior.
>>
>>1678715
Her. I think Marauder is her, just max classed.
>>
>>1678674
Raids can be fun, but they take forever to do and we already saw some of them way too many times.

I'll vote for group 2, the mystery option always paysoff.
>>
Anywho, for my ACTUAL vote...as much as I'd be hyped for the old standbys, I kinda wanna see if we can impress some new blood.

>>1678674
Group 3.
>>
>>1678674
>>1678679
Actually, I'll change my vote to Group 3
I want to see another Dragon Rider
>>
>>1678674
>>1678685
Switching vote to group 1.

I just realized, if we want to pull the YUM deal off, we best try it with the people that might be sad that we have branding now.

Group 1 it is.
>>
>>1678674
Group 2
>>
Also, that dude just LOOKS like a guy who'll stop and check the lore.
>>
Reposting some ideas mentioned in the previous threads in case we go raid mode:

Anonymous (ID: 72oNYh/5) 04/02/17(Sun)19:00:23 No.1329567

So I took a walk to mull this over and here's what I've thought up.

What we got wrong in the previous fights is that we've put Reginald in the spotlight first and focused on the fight aspect instead of the social aspect with the nobility and such, this led to raid parties ganking RSK to skip to second stage (the part where Lily and RSK merge) or adventurers instantly gunning for Lily in hopes to end the fight altogether.

What we should do instead is put Lily as the focus. Lily likes the attention as the firstborn and what she likes more are the moments where Reginald swoops in to save her like a slimeknight in shining slime.

Here's what I'm proposing:
>Adventurers will enter the room and find Lily on the chair center stage with Reginald standing close by just behind the princess.
>This sets up emphasis on the initial challenge having a social aspect with the threat of a fierce fight behind it should adventurers break the social rule of conversing with nobility.
>Lily will set up a challenge for adventurers which she will ask to the adventurers. If they succeed, they get a key.
>Lily will use her magic to have adventurers dodging slime geysers and ice balls cast at her leisure and with wizard slimes and squire slimes supporting her for five minutes with Reginald entering the fray 3 minutes in.
>Adventurers at this stage may attack the wizard slimes, squire slimes, and even kill Reginald without repercussion.
>The challenge is a "sheath your sword" social challenge. Adventurers will be presented with the option to break the social code and take a pot-shot at Lily who is casting all of these spells, or they can endure the onslaught and wait for Lily to become exhausted at the five minute mark.
>if an adventurer somehow survives the whole five minutes without taking a pot-shot at Lily, Lily will stop and congratulate them for surviving and providing her wonderful entertainment. If the adventurers somehow get a kill on Reginald, she will be very impressed and give them 1 piece of loot from either Lily's or RSK's loot table determined at random. Don't worry about Reginald, Lily will Resurrect Reginald at the end of the challenge.
>if they do take a pot-shot at Lily, everything stops and adventurers face RSK's wrath. This starts the Miniboss fight where RSK fights the adventurers and Lily supports Reginald Lorian&Lothric style. This is the stage where adventurers can choose to either kill RSK first and fight Lily Queen, or kill Lily first and face The Royal Right Hand. Upon their death they get the key and loot.
>>
>>1678721
Actually good point. I'd like to change my vote to group 2

>>1678693
>>
>>1678674

Group 1
>>
>>1678674
Group 1!
>>
>>1678674
I wanna see the dragon. Also dragons tend to have stupid weakness that are easily to exploit, for example they can't resist loot. So is easy to bait them.
>>
>>1678758
>>1678674
they also have overwhelming egos don't they? I wanna break a dragon into becoming Masochistic in running this dungeon! A dragon humbled by slimes!
>>
>>1678688
>lovers
Well one IS riding the other so...
>>
>>1678766
None of our slimes is that high leveled not even our final Boss. And we cannot use raid mode with just two people. Maybe add a bait switch that says "If you are great and powerful to want a challenge.pull this lever." So the switch ends activating raid mode if an adventurer uses it?
>>
...I just realized.

What if the dragon + rider just don't want to do any of the non-combat challenges? They're REALLY high leveled, so...
>>
>>1678674
Changing to Group 1.
>>
>>1678789
Given the dragon's high level relative to the rider, i think this is the type of party that lets the dragon take care of most if not all the things.
>>
group 1 please, i like ronin.
>>
>>1678674
Group 3
>>
>>1678806
Hence why we are gonna exploit dragon weakness.
>>
voting over
>>
>>1678816
So mimic? We should create a gold/treasure mimic. But a dragon would notice the mimic. I guess trap with treasure used as bait to attract the dragon to it.
>>
>>1678833
Explodey Mimic!
>>
Wait, so what won? I think Group 1?
>>
>>1678839
ya i think group one.
>>
>>1678836
Explody tresure mimic.
>>
Have the updated loot tables with the lore passages been implemented Mary?
>>
I just realized, that one day we may have a gummy wyrm...

If there was ever a time to hope for the dragon rider to show up...
>>
>>1678855
Yes, dragons bane everywhere.
>>
File: 10.png (108 KB, 800x600)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
Mary chooses... Group 1

===Warning: Dungeon is entering Raid Mode.===

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a special mode for me the Dungeon Master. They are allowed to add and remove monsters as much as they want in order to increase or decrease the challenge. The normal restrictions for that are lifted and any monsters sent in are given the same special revival as a monster that was placed in at the start.

Also, the dungeon master must appear at the end in some shape or form.

There must also be a piece 'Epic Tier' loot at the end.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

>The Marauder enters the dungeon, her group behind her. She hefts an axe bigger than herself over her shoulders.

"So... This is the famous citadel... We'll be relying on the veterans to guide us through most of it, though I've heard it's changed since then. Even so, I feel confident that we can win..."

1/2
>>
>>1678970
Well gang. Time to pull out that possible breakdown for various levels of hero.
>>
>>1678970
>epic tier loot
Come on Lockets...
>>
>>1678970
Eeeeh.
>>
>>1678983

YAY!
>>
>>1678970
Fuck, we actually have to win!
>>
>>1678970
I KNEW IT. MARAUDER IS A FRESH FACE
>>
>>1678970
Hey Marauder, are your legs OK?
>>
>>1678970

Fret not--the sisters and Muscle Wizard will carry us through this day. Their experiences previously running the dungeon will be invaluable here.
>>
>>1678992
Wellllllllp

Looking at the last thread. It would be assumed that this group should be right about here

> Slimecrown Conqueror
Recommended group level: 160
Likely Group Composition: Four level 40’s, Five level 35’s
Description: Something hides in the heart of Slime Crown Citadel, and you’re going to find out what. Let nothing stop you on your way to what lurks beneath. [Princesses become hostile and actively work against adventurers.]
> Boss: Curi, Final Defender of Slimecrown
> Bonus Boss: What Lies Below (Jeffrey)

But we'll still have to work out how we want to do the rest of the event.

After all, they still get to have a princess tag around with them! It's a special event!

Let it be Sophie time!
>>
>>1678970
I hope she drops brozouf runes.
>>
>>1679002
It should be Lily or Ms. Bloops.
>>
>>1679002
>>1678970

And the scaling of each room should break down as follows for them, in theory.

Lvl 125 Composite
Easy: 6.5 runes
Avg: 8 runes
Mod: 9.5 runes (Boss -)
Hard: 12.5 runes (Boss+)
>>
>>1679002
But if the princesses become hostile why would the adventures have then in their party? Shouldn't it be Simon instead of the princess?
>>
>>1679008
>Lily
>Working together with the adventurers
Ha. Cute.

That and people kind of want to push for their special loot item.

Anyways. One princess, whichever one they run into first, is not hostile, as this is a special promotion.

>>1679018
I noticed that and think we override slightly because of the special event.

Essentially, run into one princess, they join you. Fight the others.
>>
>>1679008
Nah let it be Slimon. We need to give the girls and christmas cakes something to daaaw to.
>>
>>1679020
oh okay. Makes more sense.
>>
File: 11.png (226 KB, 800x600)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>1678970
"ONWARD!" She commands the group.

"I hate running dungeons..." Cleric says.

Alright, first room is coming up... Any changes to the slime pit or should we just leave them be til they make it to a major area?
>>
>>1679021
>>1679008
>>1679002
Simon then! He'd be great to seduce the female Heroes
>>
>>1679025
Replace bloops with an explodey that wants hugs.
>>
is it wrong i want people to argue over the lore in universe? like, the magical equivalent to reddit or what ever site you go to to argue that kinda stuff.
>>
>>1679027
never bloops is needed
also that cleric looks so fucking done oh my god.
>>
>>1679025
Give Ms. Bloops some glow sticks for her to wave at the adventurers when they run by.
>>
>>1679025
Put gravity slime on the other side. It doesn't directly attack, it just makes crossing the pit painful and dodges.
>>
>>1679025
Oof that's a mighty Axe...

Also Cleric is rather moody. This should be fun.

Note that Ashley will not be generating as much gold unless Cleric dies herself.

Add a few archers maybe to protect the moat, but that should be all.
>>
>>1679025
Leave 'me be. Someone usually gets antsy and gets whapped. If they don't, it'll give us an indication of their competence.
>>
>>1679025

Bloops is go. For the comfy moat, have the comfies reaching up and trying to drag them down, actively. Maybe fuse a psion slime into the pool for added effect.
>>
>>1679025
>Install a non-hostile Gravity slime! or several gravity slimes. Btw, the trap still works. They have to time their jump in a way that they have to use the rope to cross without getting fucked by Gravity shifts.
>>
>>1679025
Add some Archers! It's a Moat! on Raid Mode! Give them the Slimecrown regal welcome!
>>
>>1679039
Nah. The fountain and Ms. Bloops is a test of character. It gives us an idea of how much of a bastard we should be.
>>
>>1679039

>>1679044
Never mind, reading is hard and I am retarded.
>>
>>1679044
Heres me wondering if the newer people might splat Ms Bloops before the veterans can stop them
>>
>>1679032
I know her pain...being a healer is hard.
I can't remember precisely, but, in Raid mode we don't have Ashley giving heals right?
>>
>>1679025
Gravity slimes in the moat, archers. Make them earn it.
>>
>>1679049
I think it was more expensive or limited.
>>
>>1679049
I thought they were more expensive, and Ashley is targetable, though she will only fight back if provoked.
>>
>>1679025
Bloops, SURPRISE ATTACK! Glomp the nearest adventurer! it'll probably do like, zero damage anyway. Remain stuck on their face til they cross the moat successfully.
>>
>>1679057
Man, I get the feeling Cleric's gonna snark at Ash.
>>
>>1679049
More expensive. Not limited, can't recall if it doubled exponentially.
>>
>>1679025
Replace the comfies with explodeys like last time, and maybe include a dark slime to obscure them and a gravity slime to fuck with them.
>>
>>
>>1679049
Ashley gives out limited quantities of heals and revives. 3 revives pool for the whole party. Also some of the general shop items are in limited quantities
>>
>>1679036
>Also Cleric is rather moody. This should be fun.

She must be new as a healer. Because eventualy this apathy will be so overwelming that she will stop giving zero fuck and star giving -10 fucks
>>
>>1679070
DUDE! I don't come here for sad feels!
>>
>>1679070
no dont make me sad stop
>>
>>1679070
This hurts my heart...
>>
>>1679070
Lamb. You better make a happy sequel!
>>
>>1679070
MAKE A WAIT WARMLY WHERE THE KIDS ACTUALLY SLEEP IN A CUDDLE PILE WITH CURI NAO LAMB!
>>
>>1679070
Look at this picture and never forget that one time there was two thrones in this room instead of just one.
>>
>>1679082
all her kids glomp her, especially lily, she's a mommas girl after all.
>>
>>1679025
>>1679049
>>1679055
>>1679068

Previously, the cost of the revivals during a raid was 500 gold and healing was 100 gold. Exponentiation and limitation never factored in, I don't think.

Also, reposting the suggested tier list from last time.

> Level 10-20 dungeon: Healing is 25g for a heal, 150 for a res.

> Level 20-30 dungeon: Healing is 40g for a heal, 200 for a res.

> Level 30-40 dungeon: Healing is 50g for a heal, 250 for a res.

> Level 40-50 dungeon: Healing is 75g for a heal, 350 for a res.

> Level 50-60 dungeon: (Essentially raid mode) Healing is 100g, 500 for a res.
>>
>>1679070
Why isn't Curi hanging out with her mom?
>>
>>1679096
Because is a secret who her mother is.

In Supef Raid mode Miss Bloops revives and fuses with her daughters and grandaughters creating the Empress of Slimes! Sure is just a few runes more and we don't have a room for it yet, but when we do it, is gonna be awesome!
>>
>>1679086
But that's made-up lore to immerse the adventurers, not something that happened.
>>
>>1679102
yea it would be cool
also the name would be the primordial goop
>>
>>1679104
Wait what? Oh gods dammit.
>>
>>1679102
Eh, bloops doesn't need to be part of that.
>>
>>1679105
In the lore for the adventures. Did the primordial goo gave birth to both queen and king?
>>
>>1679077
>>1679079
>>1679080
>>1679082
>>1679085
>>1679086
>>1679087
>>1679096
>>1679102

They're mana constructs...
>>
>>1679107
I know, it gets super immersive. It doesnt help that a lot of demons behave the same on and off the clock. Lily really does act like a princess, (I think she believes she is one) even though slimecrown citadel is a high-octane theme park, not a real country.

>>1679113
The lore might not be real, but their feelings are.
>>
File: 1404499242775.gif (580 KB, 480x360)
580 KB
580 KB GIF
>>1679113
>>
File: Fight Me Bruv.gif (156 KB, 200x200)
156 KB
156 KB GIF
>>1679113
They are family!
>>
>>1679112
all life comes from the primordial goo
>>1679113
thats rude.
>>
>>1679112
I'm going to say not in a literal sense because that would be incest.
>>
>>1679113
Ms. Bloops actually is Curi's Mother, though. She's the slime left over from when the Skeleton Dude owned the place and is the source of the Water Runes that we used to make Curi.
>>
>>1679124
she is what was left over once the slime goddess gave life to curi and the slime people. sacrificing her own giant core to give them intelligence
>>
File: 12.png (272 KB, 800x1734)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
I know just what to do...

>Mary places a single extra monster into the comfy pit room... A Gravity Slime.

>The group passes Ms. Bloops fountain with no problem, with the Psion, Ronin, and Wizard even give a polite nod or bow to the tiny slime.

>When they arrive at the comfy pit, they already know what to do.

"We just have to leap across, right?" Marauder asks.

"Correct, but we have to use the rope to do so. If we don't we'll get thrown back. And if we fall in... It's over." Psion explains.

>She walks to the edge of the pit.

"I'll show you how it's done." She says, before leaping to the rope.

>The Gravity Slime activates, sending her flying down into the pit below.

>Once she makes contact with the comfy slimes, they coil up around her and begin to pull her in.

"N-no! Someone save me! I can't lose this quickly! Help!" she yells, even as the comfy slimes begin to work their magic.

1/2
>>
>>1679121
nah, the Primordial Goo is the Evil counterpart of the Slime Goddess. He is that that is the most primal and opposes the slimes. He is... Goo-nondorf.
>>
>>1679141
I like the idea of Psion never being able to handle the rope puzzle without a complication, no matter how many times she tries.
>>
>>1679141
..just smack the gravity slime psion cmon
>>
>>1679141
This pleases me! You've done well, Gravity Slime!
>>
>>1679141
Let her out if she gives up the hat.
>>
File: tegaki.png (3 KB, 400x400)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>1679141
Behold the face of terror.
>>
>>1679162
We already got that though. No sale!
>>
>>1679141
is it me or did Psion went from a A-cup to a C-cup in her boobs department?
>>
>>1679171
If she gives up anything else, she's naked.
>>
>>1679177
I like that idea.
>>
>>1679173
I think those are ripples in the goo pool.
>>
>>1679173
She's probably wearing the Slime Bikini under that robe.
>>
>>1679177
Excellent.
>>
>>1679182
Why, did her chest get bigger? With a 10% chance if she wears it a lot she would eventually get bustier.
>>
>>1679168
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XIxVCqYncOY

What do you guys imagine for gravity slime's sound effect?
>>
>>1679191
Half life gravity gun, no question
>>
>>1679191
A muffled bass drop
>>
Gravity Slime should lower the gravity, allowing the comfy slimes to float up from the pool!
>>
>>1679191
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qJQlfMMNmw
>>
>>1679191
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqpfwDEibCE
>>
>>1679191
https://youtu.be/0T6go6EOuG4?t=37
>>
File: 13.png (364 KB, 800x1765)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>A blade is thrown into the pool, stabbing it's way through the comfy slime pool and hitting the gravity slime below. It's effects are turned off but Psion isn't strong enough to pull herself up.

>She feels her eyelids growing heavy... They begin to droop... How easy it would be just to slip down and take a nap...

"Hold my hand, lass!" Punch Wizard shouts at her.

>Psion blinks. She looks up. The hand is so close but so far...

>She reaches out but can't quite reach the man.

>He pushes himself as far as he can and grabs her hand, then, pulls her up in one swift motion.

>He lifts her out of the pool and practically throws her back onto land.

>Outside of the comfy slime pit, it's not long before she regains her senses.

"I hate that stupid puzzle! It's not fun and made it too difficult for someone like me! It is not built for short people at all! I-"

"Hey, guys!" Marauder calls out to them from the other side. "What's taking you so long?"

"................."

2/3
>>
>>1679241
Oh, the embed doesn't start at the time marked. 37 seconds, YOOOO.
>>
>>1679245
Psion is 2cute!
>>
>>1679245
This will be a wonderful journey, I can tell.
>>
>>1679245
Marauder pls. You're like that one guy that just aces the thing and makes the veterans look horrible.
>>
>>1679245
Plz tell the Psion that it's ok she's still a cutie
>>
>>1679245

Ms. Bloops should offer her a towel.
>>
>>1679245
Gravity Slime, peek out for a moment so people can figure out what's going on. Maybe put pit gravity on -0.01m/s2 so some comfy slimes float up with you.
>>
>>1679210
Yes, fuck, thank you, that's the sort of sound I was looking for.

>>1679225
Gravity+water+music, switching between gravity and reverse gravity.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XmDtvKD236U

>>1679241
Pfft.

>>1679277
He dead.
>>
>>1679265
Seconding
>>
>>1679280
Yeah just realised I misread the post.
>>
We need to put a suggestion box somewhere, apparently the reviews aren't covering everything.
>>
>>1679293
We could just ask them at the end of the run
>>
File: 14.png (158 KB, 800x631)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>1679245
>With Psion latching onto the Wizard's back, the group eventually makes their way across the pit.

>They arrive at Ashley's room. He bows and greets the adventurers.

"Hello," He says, "And welcome to Slimecrown Citadel. You have joined us during a very special time. One of the princesses is looking for adventure and wishes to join you. Whoever's room you solve will join you during the rest of the encounter.

>She points out three of the paths and where each princess is.

"After you have joined up with one of them, work together to best the others in their trials, earn their tokens of affection, and use them on Curi, the Mother of Slimes."

"Can't we skip all that and just fight the boss?" Wizard asks.

"Oh, you can... But the battle will be that much more difficult. I do highly suggest you meet each princess. Also, this is a Raid so... I do hope you are all prepared. I will be here to heal and revive you should you fail. Are you ready?"

"Of course we are!" Marauder says.

"Wait..." Cleric asks. "There's a healer right here? Why did you bring me along?"

"To heal us in the field, of course." Marauder says.

".... You guys know that potions exist, right..? And wands. And Phoenix Downs. Whatever..."

>Having never seen this particular layout, they choose a spot at random.

Oh boy... They're entering the slime maze. It's already tricky, but we can make it more difficult.
>>
>>1679315
RAISE THE DIFFICULTY!
It's a raid after all!
>>
>>1679315
Mary, put Metal Slime on full on bait mode.

Also, if they enter the shop/spa make sure that Isabelle is there to greet them.
>>
>>1679315
Put music slimes in some of the dead ends. They put Explodey into free roam mode by playing loud music if you get too close.
>>
>>1679315
Add explodeys.
>>
>>1679315
Grease the floors, and add spike walls!
>>
>>1679315
Hm... toss in a couple of darkness slimes with the explodeys, and maybe a second Douglas Fence.

>>1679324
Good idea with the metal slimes, but Isabelle is with auntie learning the ropes right now.
>>
>>1679315
Darkness slimes to make navigation harder than ever. More explodeys, more POWERFUL explodeys
>>
>>1679324
This. Considering what happened last time,I Dont think you need to raise the difficulty anymore than that.
>>
>>1679315
Of course, we've gotta put a ton of explodeys in the maze.
>>
>>1679315

Put in metal slime, shield slime, and three extra Explodey's. Unfortunately, we don't have a plain plant slime, but if Curi can conjure one, we can reallocate it to the room to have it manipulate the hedges actively.
>>
>>1679315
If the heroes run into D.Fence, D Fence, instead of pushing heroes out of the maze, he pushes them towards Explodey!

You have to either trick him into taking the blow, dodge him, or run away and find a new path before he makes you take the path he wants you to!
>>
>>1679335
She has time to get from the Control Room to the Shop/Spa using the Employee Corridors.
>>
>>1679324
Metal rune + Gravity + Water = Pinball minigame room?
>>
>>1679315

Do the princess slimes ever feel embarrassed knowing they ran around naked before they got their third rune?
>>
>>1679315
MAKE THE MAZE PITCH BLACK.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (188 KB, 800x600)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
Pausing for the night! We'll resume tomorrow. Thanks for reading, everyone!

>>1679350
They really don't have much to hide. But they know that clothes make them appear more human and civilized so they emulate it.
>>
>>1679315
Make the Maze so dark it's pitch black!
spoiler BotW gameplay on reference to pitch black maze experience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymFo31Ww6oc
>>
>>1679363
Good thing Sophie has an aptitude for magic. Otherwise she might develop a complex/envy about her sis.
>>
MAXIMIZE MAZE FUN BY CHANGING THE DIRECTION OF GRAVITY PERIODICALLY WITH GRAVITY SLIMES
>>
http://johnsu.deviantart.com/art/Mock-Dullahan-685028333
what if
>>
>>1679578
This is an imageboard, dumbass. You can post pictures here.
>>
>>1679578
first of all you can post images.
second of all it is a cool.
>>
File: IMG_1427.jpg (131 KB, 730x1095)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>1679578
For the lazy.
>>
>>1679675
>inb4 she's 8 runes
>>
>>1679578
>>1679675

I like the description that goes with the image, but I don't think most people are inclined to read more than they have to.

> tl;dr A really dumb, timid slime gets a suit of armor, a sword, and inadvertently becomes a 'dullahan'.

I can see a monster like that working well in a spooky maze or during a halloween event. There's just not much we can do with it right now.
>>
>>1679675
>>1679695
Better idea would be alternate costumes for events.

Then sell copies of outfits for cash.

Have event only items so people feel obligated to get them before they're gone forever.

Go full MMO
>>
>>1679732
>I've played too much fgo
>>
>>1679695
Yeah the blurb definitely adds a lot. That slime is a fantastic dumbass.
>>
>>1679736
>You have defeated Curi, Mother of Slimes! Now, prepare yourselves to face the true final boss:
>THE GATCHA ROLL"
>>
>>1679820
That's just way too evil. Even for us...
>>
>>1679820
I've rolled on this event so many times, me and all my friends.

Not a single one of us has Gil yet.
Hope is but a shallow dream.
>>
Only after readin MAQ i understood why anons like Psion so much.

She looks a lot like Vasi.
>>
This quest is great. Fun to read.
>>
>>1679675
>>1679695
Yeah I'd totally be down for having this type of monster in the future. Would be a really fun and simple challenge, in theory.

Maybe in the eventual armoury?

>>1679948
Honestly, I like Psion more because she tries so hard and she still has probably my favourite dungeon run we've had. She had a blast and we too had a blast!
>>
>>1679948

Nah. She doesn't really look like Vaisi, lacking the short hair, sharp teeth, etc. She's just someone who's a little stiff and serious and wears her emotions on her sleeve which makes it that much better when she willingly plays along with our shenanigans.

Like, as you can see from just this, her reactions are pretty great.
>>
Oh cool, a new thread. Did we reach an agreement about how to handle difficulty last time? I don't remember if we decided something or just randomly threw ideas about how to make the dungeon variable to suit adventurers of all level ranges besides raid mode being hard mode.
>>
>>1680807
>>1679013

System from last time seemed functional. Means 8 runes of mobs should be a fair fight.
>>
File: 7.png (239 KB, 878x752)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
We're starting up but this update is a big one! Sorry for the delays, everyone.
>>
>>1680841
I hope you took your time reading some of our suggestions Mary.
>>
File: Toxic sister.png (377 KB, 1200x1200)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>1680856
I read all of them
>>
>>1680883
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU
>>
>>1680819

Sounds good, although I'm not sure about the whole using a combined level pool to measure difficulty level. I mean, group 2 and group 3 had in common having a very, very powerful member and another member being basically carried by the strong member. Even if combined or averaged in their levels, we would end up with somebody who might have troubles while the other curbstomps the minions.

Maybe something else that takes into account the highest leveled member and maybe is affected slightly by weaker member? I wouldn't want to end up with a few weaklings simply looting and leveling up while a single or two members pretty much soloes the dungeon just because it was balanced to a level average they reach but due having a super leveled guy and a low leveled one.
>>
>>1679948
Isabelle is the Vaisi/Hana/Robin of this quest.
>>
>>1680901
Balance fights around the combined level of all party members, but make XP gain based on the percentage of damage that hero dealt. Hmm, actually should it be a percentage or a flat amount of damage dealt?
>>
>>1680901
I think the ideal method would be to have a set of mobs for each level range we support, and spawn all the appropriate mobs for each level range preset and send them against the appropriate party member(s).
So say, the 1-10 for room X might be "1-rune slime", the 11-25 might be "three 2-rune slimes", and the 26-50 might be "two 3-rune slimes".
If a party of a 4th level and two 16th levels came in, we'd spawn a 1-runer and six 2-runers. The 1-runer would go for the 4th level, the 2-runers would go for the 16th level characters.
>>
>>1680936
The high level opponent would just curbstomp the weak enemy and go back to fighting the big one, though. Unless, we set a trap in the dungeon that separates the party...
>>
>>1680943
Level imbalance will be an issue no matter how we handle it. Having low level foes is, to me, superior to forcing the lowbies to fight above their level and the highbies to fight below their level.
>>
Hmm... how much control we have over the rules and how the citadel works? We could place something like a level protection in our minions. Something like if an adventurer is for example ten levels above the mooks, they cannot be damaged, thus forcing lower leveled characters to actually fight and not expected to be carried by the stronger ally.

So yeah, that way the high level adventurer simply cannot do everything, which would make having a balanced party important unless they want the low level guys wiped out and miss the experience and loot.
>>
>>1680983
I don't like the idea of them being undamagable, but having them give out less exp if they're one-shot by an overleveled adventurer doesn't sound bad.
>>
>>1681027

That would work too, but the issue i had would still persist, the whole having somebody solo the place for others.

Or if we do it just with penalties, then we would have to also reduce the item drop rate and rarity/quality level and maybe also lower money gains. After all, most adventures comes more for the loot than for the experience, and I would find bad sport for a weakling to get all our quality drops just because he/she found a tough as fuck warrior/hired him/her to farm item drops
>>
I forget, do classes have level caps?
>>
File: 15.png (399 KB, 800x1796)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>The maze is changed to hard mode. The place is almost pitch black, removing visibility for everyone. Plant slimes, summoned by Curi, mimic hedges and create or cut off paths. Mary also has more Explodeys placed within it.

"Everyone, we have to stick together..." Psion says. "I can't sense the slimes too well due to their negligible intellect but I'll do my best."

"Direct me," Marauder says, "You be my guide while I tank any hits that may come."

>Psion nods.

"Excellent strategy. Alright, group, together."

>The group goes ahead at a brisk pace, the Cleric barely able to keep up with them. The Wizard spots Metal slime and, knowing the lore behind these creatures, sprints towards it while casting magic.

>The others follow suit, leaving Cleric behind. A Plant Slime forms a wall, making the Cleric believe she hit a dead end and lost them.

"Son of a dick... I'm not going to try to keep up with you guys pace... Stick with mine or wipe. See if I care..."

>She trudges along, mumbling complaints the entire way.

>An Explodey slime spots her and moves up to her, arms opened and ready to accept a hug.

"... Huh?"

1/2
>>
>>1680953
Lowbies should be forced to fight above their level if they insist on going into the same fight as a high-level character. No free rides in this citadel.
>>
>>1681063
oh no
>>
>>1681073
Oh yes. The group will pay for their (and/or their healer's) hubris.
>>
>>1681063
Good thing you can heal, right Cleric?
>>
>>1681063
>>An Explodey slime spots her and moves up to her, arms opened and ready to accept a hug.
Right, two rune slimes are like kids. She'll get to live if she hugs it, right? Killing people through cuteness just seems unfair.
>>
>>1681113
That is correct. It's as it always has been.
>>
>>1681113
Last I checked, hugging the slime only excites them more.
>>
>>1681133
only the elf has ever hugged one so...
>>
>>1681069

Yeah. Unless you are a healer/support, you have no business being in a high level team that tackles high level enemies and even then, it might not make the cut.
>>
>>1681113
>Explody decides to let cleric survive after she breaks down and tells her that she doesn't feel appreciated enough.
>>
File: 16.png (442 KB, 800x1800)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>1681063
================================

>Meanwhile, the other team, having lost track of the Metal Slime, found themselves surrounded by Explodey slimes and a D-Fence.

"A lot of enemies..." Marauder notes, axe in hand. "Alright, here's the plan. Psion, take out the exploding ones from afar. Ronin, Wizard, try and break through those things shields. I'll keep Psion safe so that way none of the exploding ones can sneak in. Cleric, stay behind. Heal as needed. Everyone got it?"

>Psion lifts up orbs, Ronin gets out her blades, Wizard flexes.

"We're ready." Psion says.

>It takes all their effort to keep back the hoarde. Explodeys attack from every angle while the shield demon is able to tank every hit throw at him.

>Marauder does her best to keep any other creatures at bay the moment they try to get closer to the Psion. Her axe cleaves through weakened Explodies and chips away at D-Fence every time he gets too close to her.

>One of the demon's shields is shattered, the other is damaged. A final punch from the Punch Wizard is enough to finally bring him down.

"We did it!" Psion says.

Alright, time to really fuck them up.

>Mary sends in a bunch more Explodeys.

".... Retreat!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

<BOOM>

>An explosion knocks them into a startled Sophie's room.

Huh... I didn't actually expect them to make it. What was Sophie's trial again? Did she even have one beyond just making it to her? Cause even making it to her is hard enough.
>>
>>1681187
Nah, give them some respite.

Have Sophie comment on their lack of a healer in their party composition.

Douglas Fence is a champ.
>>
>>1681187
Where's Cleric?
>>
>>1681200
>oh shit
>>
>>1681187
Well, there was a fetch quest idea in which one would fetch the little misshapen pearl for Sophie, because she lost it and is fond of it.

If we did go that route, we could always put it in the light/dark room, it's not really combat heavy, dodge the bolts, and spot the pearl.
>>
>>1681214
>>1681187
SUPPORT THIS. ALSO RESCUE THE MISSING CLERIC.
And add the "FIND THE MISSING YUM Chests" quest chain.
>>
>>1681187
Let's make it official you don't have to do the quest for the first princess you find. Consistency is key.
>>
>>1681227
also supporting this. Because honestly, Cleric needs a good dungeon experience.
>>1681187
>>
>>1681187
Send the cleric to another princess slime and start a competition
>>
>>1681227
Yeah, the princess event's still running. She just joins them.

Be sure to have her comment on there only being for of them.
>>
>>1681239
Ooh! good Idea! But that would mean Cleric would have to quit the main party.
>>
>>1681249
We can adjust challenges for each princess team. Have the cleric work with the slimes and healing them instead of the other adventurers, let her sabotage their attempts at solving puzzles, etc.
>>
>>1681265
Side with Slimecrown. GLORY TO THE CITADEL.
>>
>>1681272
>>1681265
>>1681239
>>1681234

When a Cleric had to many bad dungeon runs he will be so corrupted by the sas that he will join forces with the monsters to kill the party.

This is also what they get for not protecting the healer.
>>
>>1681187
Can we make a new challenge on the fly?
>>
>>1681307
Dance dance the slime!
>>
I'm just hoping Cleric will mellow out with a well deserved Spa visit.
>>
>>1681323
I was thinking lore quiz show.
>>
>>1681234
You can't please everyone, and by the way Cleric is going out of her way to be miserable, I don't think she's worth it.
>>
File: 17.png (137 KB, 800x600)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
"Ah, uhm..." Sophie seems to have forgotten her lines. "W-welcome, adventurers! M-my name is-My name is Sophie! It's a pleasure to meet you all! I will- I'll be going with you for the rest of your dungeon run! But uhm... But first we need your help! A merchant lost some of his wares in the dungeon. If you can find all 10 boxes he dropped, we would really appreciate it. And uhm... There's a reward."

"I fucking love side quests" Ronin says.

"Also... You're missing a party member."

>The team looks around at each other. Who could be missing...

"Cleric!" They say in unison.

>They run back into the maze, Sophie following behind them. The Cleric, while a powerful healing class, had almost no fighting capabilities. While they could somewhat defend themselves it was hard and they would quickly be destroyed by any monster at over half their level.

>These exploding slimes were no joke. A single one could-

>They find Cleric sitting with an Explodey, eating a bag of chips she obtained from some chests.

"I know I'm needed... But I don't feel like I'm wanted... Like, if I couldn't heal they would just leave me behind... There's a person attached to these healing hands you know..?"

"-sounds of a slime eating candy.-"

"I know I should be proud but... Sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm in the wrong field..." She looks up. "Oh, hey guys."

1/2
>>
>>1681341
I like that idea.

It's too bad we don't have a source of canon lore from which to base the veracity of answers.
>>
>>1681345
Aw geeze. I like you, Cleric.
>>
>>1681345
Maybe Sophie can seduce Cleric towards the Slime Side.
>>
>>1681345
Oh shit, Cleric gets bonus points for being the first adventurer ever to interact with an Explodey and not having it explode.
>>
>>1681187
Dammit Mary, you had a perfectly good chance for them to fuck themselves over for once instead of having to rig the dungeon against them. Doesn't the constant dance of stringing adventurers along to get both their money and a return visit get tiresome?
>>
>>1681361
Thats called running a business.
>>
>>1681345
Make sure she doesn't give Explodey too much junk food, it'll increase her yield.
>>
>>1681361
>>1681361
We should have like tiers for this.
>Normal
>Used Car Dealer
>Jew
>CAPITALISM, HO!
>>
>>1681345
At least the Cleric is gonna give us a good review.
>>
File: 18.png (145 KB, 800x600)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>1681345
>With their Cleric back in the party, the group returns to Sophie's room.

"Here..." Sophie hands them a pearl. "This item means a lot to me... But it will help you later on. I know you guys have been through a lot but... I have somewhere you guys can have fun. If you want."

>Marauder nods.

"Battle is important, but so is relaxing. Good for morale. Lead on, princess!"

>Sophie smiles and clasps her hands together.

"Excellent! Let's go."

>She leads her through the slime playpen and to....

"SO! You think you can slime!?" Curi calls out as she strikes a dramatic pose.

"Hehehe..." Psion starts laughing. "I won't lose this time, Curi..."

2/3
>>
File: 19.png (114 KB, 800x600)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>1681432
"I've been taking dance lessons!"

>Propose a challenge for the group<
>>
>>1681440
>>Propose a challenge for the group<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw

They have to sing, dance and do the sight gags.
>>
>>1681440
I'd hate to dissapoint with anything short of a dance-off.
>>
>>1681440
NO PLEASE.
>>
>>1681440
Extremely suggestive dances! And distracting tentacles for a + difficulty modifier!
>>
>>1681440
Lessons, eh? But can she... WALTZ?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaxTRX9oAV4
>>
well first daughter mother hugs that embarese the daughter is needed
>>
>>1681440
>>1681460
Six party members (counting Sophie) 3 pairs for a waltz. have SLimon step in to dance with dear old mum.
>>
>>1681467
na thats for cute shy daughter!
>>
>>1681440

Add dramatic spotlights that highlight the current dancer(s), and add an audience of slimes. Practicing in private is a very different matter from performing in front of a crowd.
>>
>>1681440
Jets Vs Sharks

*snap* *snap* *snap*

>>1681460
>>1681480
Very good suggestions too.

And can I mention that Psion is wonderful?
>>
odds on Maruader being Warrior's elder sibling?
>>
>>1681440
Well the key here is to find a way for them to test how in sync they are. Some sort of flowing dance that tests their cohesion and flexibility.
>>
>>1681488
Sharks with Jets! And freaking lasers!
>>
>>1681509
Oh like square dance?
>>
>>1681462
Also, of all the family members, Sophie seems the least likely to get mom embarassed. She can st least hug mom without ruining clothing then.
>>
>>1681516
she is a cute little slimy girl. she looks like shes very huggable
>>
>>1681440
A musical medley karaoke that switches styles rapidly, focusing on a different hero for each part. Like the post-credits scene from Shrek!
>>
guys, remember, not all of them will be into dancing, they act as guards for the dancers from the encroaching slime mob.
>>
>>1681543

How about various slime audience members that get too enthusiastic and try and rush whoever's dancing in the spotlight? Could act as a sort of add management fight.
>>
>>1681543
have a lot of slimes spawn but have them approach in waves while in sync to the music.

Have the slimes slowly encraoch the dancers into a gooey death if the fighters cant rush the slimes down in time.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1681440
One of your party has to ballroom dance with curi. The others, with princess, have to match her grace.

RAID MODE

MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>1681543
I think its fine to test the waters first. The general mood seems to be up for it. But we can reserve combat too if need be.

>>1681521
She is very huggable. Alas being a Mud Slime means she is very concerned about causing a political embarassment.
>>
>>1681440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPqOWA2GyBc

This is what i would choose. Also, another obstacle you might put is to put an explodey with a spotlight on it walking in a line. The adventurers can't go within the spotlight or the the explodey will explode.

Aslo Just Dance is great at this thing.
>>
>>1681570
>>1681521
>>1681516
and she sometimes helps auntie oilivia with the spa, mudslime baths >>>> regular mud baths
>>
>Slime audience surround the room
>Lights dim
>Spotlight appears on Curi and dancing adventurers

Optional for players who wish to fight
>Audience slimes will occasionally move onto the dance-floor to try and stop the dancers
>These slimes are part of a cult to the Thing Below trying to stop the sacred dance that keeps it bound in its prison.
>The amount of slimes that attack is scaled to the amount of fighters.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (13 KB, 488x870)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
drawing
>>
>>1681613
Future Spa services, future revenues!
>>
>>1681619
Who's writing?
>>
>>1681634
Dungeoneer.
>>
>>1681634
bear is writing
>>
You know, I'm kinda surprised we don't have a splitting slime yet. One that turns into two separate slimes every time it's cut. That's kinda one of the basic types, right?
>>
>>1681725
you mean ASTEROID SLIME?
>>
File: 20.png (362 KB, 800x1200)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>1681460
>>1681480
>>1681543
>>1681618

>Curi smiles and holds out her hand for the Psion. The short adventurer takes her hand... And the dance begins. A waltz plays, one that has them practically gliding across the floor, standing close to one another, moving side to side.

>As they dance, slimes begin to pour in. Some of them are there simply to watch, others are more... Hostile.

>Marauder hefts her axe.

"We got company! Don't let them interrupt the dance! Cleric, be ready to heal!"

"Of course..."

----------------------------------------------------------------

>They dance for nearly five minutes, the normally fumbling Psion able to match all of Curi's moves.

"Oh my... You're doing quite well..."

"Hehe, of course! I told you, I took lessons!"

"I'm impressed... However, let's see how well your ally does."

>With a twirl, she spins Psion away and grabs...
>>
>>1681725
How do you think we got all the water runes?
>>
>>1681733
CLERIC!
She looks fun to dance with!
Put her in, Curi!
>>
>>1681733
Marauder!
>>
>>1681733
>CLERIC
>>
>>1681733
Cleric, clearly, deny them a healer.
>>
>>1681733
MARAUDAR! ALSO YOU MUST DANCE ACCORDING TO THE DRESS CODE! HELMETS OFF PLEASE!
>>
>>1681733
Cleric. Give the backstage some spotlight.
>>
>>1681733
Fist Wizard, his slime mode will surely turn the tide
>>
>>1681733
Ronin and the Psion are related, right? Ronin.
>>
>>1681733
Cleric!
>>
>>1681733

Cleric. Also, tempted to have Curi switch to the tango and overwhelm her.
>>
>>1681733
Cleric
>>
>>1681759
I also vote for the no helmet Maraudar but it seem Cleric will win out.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1681733
Ronin.
>>
>>1681733
Cleric.

Also, Psion best girl.
>>
>>1681733
Ronin
>>
>>1681733
Ronin.
>>
>>1681733
Ronin. Cleric is a close second.
>>
>>1681763
Pretty sure that was only due to Royal Slime Jelly. And that was a basic consumable.
>>
>>1681733

Wizard. He got real intimate with Curi when he used the slime transformation trinket to get to her core.
>>
>>1681733
ronin
>>
>>
>>1681826
I do look forward to Curi's little interaction with Sophie.
>>
>>1681826
Cloth slime is so cute.
>>
>>1681826
Cloth slime remembers mama, even if people don't remember cloth slime.
>>
>>1681863
Cloth for Princess 2017
>>
File: 21.png (378 KB, 800x1200)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
>Curi reaches out to... Cleric.

"..... Huh?"

"Come on dear, time to dance~"

".... HUH!?"

>Cleric is now suddenly aware of how many people are staring at her.

1/3
>>
>>1681892
YOU THINK YOU CAN SLIME?!
>>
>>1681892
Aaaaaand Breathe, Cleric. Breathe.
>>
File: 1448243089663.png (365 KB, 1024x1024)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>1681892
OH MY. STRAP IN BOYOS. THIS IS MOVIE GRADE POPCORN MATERIAL HERE!

LOOK AT DAT BLUSH.
LOOK AT HER FLUSTER.
LOOK AT ALL DAT SPAGHETTI SHE'S SPILLING FROM HER ROBES!

THIS IS GONNA BE GUD.
>>
>>1681892
CUTE! CLERIC A CUTE!
>>
File: 22.png (114 KB, 800x600)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>1681892
"Cleric!" Marauder yells to her while holding back a slime. "You can do this! I believe in you! This is your moment, Cleric! Your time to shine! Now go, shine like you never have before!"

2/3
>>
>>1681892
Ian that a new rune on her necklace?

...we should kill her.
>>
>>1681905
It's so hard to tell her facial expression!
>>
>>1681907
All in due time. All in due time.
>>
>>1681905
marauders helmet looks like someone put a bikini top on a basketball and glued horns on the sides
>>
>>1681916
I was thinking it was Black Manta with a crown.
>>
File: 23.png (466 KB, 800x1800)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
>But it was horrible.

>For everyone.
>>
>>1681944
Curi, she may need a little bit of guidance, give her a bit of a hand.
>>
>>1681944
>console
>>
>>1681944
WELCOME TO EXTRA HARD MODE FOR ANXIOUS PEOPLE, ENJOY YOUR STAY.
>>
>>1681944
Curi come on! Give her confidence, she needs to know her party can rely on her!
>>
>>1681944
Take it slow at first! Use your motherly instincts to guild her along.
>>
>>1681944
Console the poor Cleric, Curi
>>
>>1681944

Gently hug her and make comforting/encouraging people and slime noises. Draw her out of her shell.
>>
>>1681944
AWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>1681944
Go all out Curi.

Can we please let adventurers face hardship?
>>
>>1681944
YEAH THERE WE GO APC DESTROYED MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
>>
>>1681955
Nobody wants consequences.
>>
>>1681944
The Cleric has fallen! Another hero must rush to her aid, quickly!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (30 KB, 458x477)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1681944
Give her a gold star
>>
>>1681944
Set back progress by half, grab the Marauder next.
>>
>>1681958
I see someone else plays SS13
>>
>>1681961

Time and a place. We want repeat customers who have had positive experiences, not people who'll associate our dungeon with crippling phobias.
>>
>>1681955
Hey remember five minutes ago when we made them go through a pitch black maze full of living bombs, moving walls and a super tough guy intended to hold them up while the explodeys piled in?

This is a breather, we can go hell mode next encounter. Pacing's important.
>>
>>1681944
build her up
>>
>>1681944
HAVE THE SLIMES OVERWHELM THE GUARDING ADVENTURERS. PUT THE STAKES ALL ON CLERIC. MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THIS IS AN ALL OR NOTHING MOMENT. WILL SHE STEP UP TO THE PLATE? OR WILL SHE CRUMBLE?

Alternatively:

Take it slow. Slow down the waltz tempo. Slow down the tide of slimes. Curi shall guide Cleric's hands and feet slowly. Have some (cloth) slimes cheer for Cleric. When Cleric gets comfortable, escalate the cheering for cleric. Then go full hog.
>>
>>1681969
We're in Raid Mode, we're all about the crippling phobias.
>>
>>1681944
Oh, oh, even better. Curi, envelop the Cleric and do your dance together! Feel the rhythm surround you, literally!

Minor joint damage and bone breakage is merely a side effect. It's fine, she's a healer and it's Raid Mode anyway.
>>
>>1681944

> Music slime, hit the motivational score
> Curi, use your mom power and get ready to sing
> IT'S DISNEY TIME!
>>
File: 24.png (115 KB, 800x600)
115 KB
115 KB PNG

I'm too nice for this.

I'll murder them all next room. Or this, if they fuck up again.

"Curi, step it up. But remember, we're in raid mode. She messes up again, that's it."

"<Understood, Mary.>"

1/3
>>
>>1681983
Behold! Compromise!
>>
>>1681983
Mary, ask Isabelle if she has any idea on how to make this Raid more fun.
If she has a good one, praise her with headpats.
>>
>>1681983
Mary, train the youngling in how to be a dungeon master! She'll have good suggestions!
>>
>>1681983

Mary, pass the crown off to your heir a moment!

Isabelle! How are you enjoying seeing Auntie Mary at work?
>>
>>1681999
>>1681987
>>1681990
>>1681983

All of this! Also, Mary... Nah, you'll see it when the time is right.
>>
>>1681983
Did widow reply yet?
>>
>>1682009

Who cares? Certainly not us.
>>
File: 25.png (451 KB, 800x1800)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>Curi turns off the lights on the audience and walks over to Cleric. She holds out her hand.

"Hey, it's okay. That was some pretty complicated dance moves. Not everyone can do them, especially if it's their first time. Come on, take my hand. We'll go super slow, okay?"

"..."

"C'mon, you've almost won."

>Cleric stands up and take's Curi's hand. She goes through a much slower dance with the Cleric. It's one she can follow along with easily enough, mostly because Curi is guiding her every step of the way.

>Any mistakes she makes, Curi compensates a bit for. Perhaps even too much, considering the nature of the raid, but Curi can't help but want to mother the girl. Until she reaches her boss room, at least.

>When the dance is over, Curi twirls her away.

"You did it! Congratulations!"

"... I did it..?"

2/3
>>
>>1682018
SHE DID IT!
YEAAAAAAAH!
Congratulate her, Mary with some sorta loot thing!
>>
>>1682018
What is this, easy mode? This is a raid!

Now let's play twister!
>>
>>1682018
Awwww Cleric got her moment!
>>
>>1682018
It's like my heart has a boner. It's weird.
>>
File: 26.png (329 KB, 800x1200)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>1682018
"Guys, I did i-AAAAAAA WHAT THE FUCK!?"

>All of her group has been slaughtered. The longer it took for Cleric to dance, the more monsters Mary sent in. Eventually, she sent in Ruth.

Hahahaha.
Oh man. How much are we charging for revives during raids again?
>>
File: daww.png (14 KB, 209x200)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1682018
daww
>>
>>1682018

"You did it, dear. You can do anything you put your mind to. Remember that on the road ahead, okay?"

We'll murder them later, but for now, feels.
>>
>>1682037

It was set at 500, which the Mage at the time noted as a fair, reasonable price. 50 starting cost on heals with scaling cost each time.
>>
>>1682037

OH WHAT THE HELL RUTH
>>
>>1682037
Good question, Mary
Let's see if Cleric can revive them all
>>
>>1682037
I mean.

I'm laughing. No, seriously. I want to be sad but I'm laughing.

Anywho, 500 a pop. Don't we also sell revives for tokens?
>>
>>1682037
Well, at least its the cleric who survived.
>>
>>1682037
hahahaha, well handholding does have its perks.

Guess Ruth isn't doing the baseball challenge today...or is she?

>>1679095
This was the chart we had. Though I do like heal scaling as suggested here >>1682041

Guess we get to see how much magic power/items Cleric has to revive

>>1682045
We have an item shop with Phoenix Downs, can't remember the rate for that, but we'll see what happens first.
>>
>>1682037
Five hundo.
>>
>>1682040
>>1682037

Also... I guess deliver this with a head pat and a hug. Assure her that her friends will forgive her. Next time, she just needs to take their confidence in her in good faith.
>>
>>1682045
Phoenix Downs are 500gold a pop and are limited in number at the shop.
>>
>>1682037
>>1682041
Let's toss in a Sophia revive for free on group revives. Kind of sucks having to pay for revives on a guest party member.
>>
>>1682037
>Eventually, she sent in Ruth

And then they all died. The end.
>>
>>1682025
Nah, this is the fun and games room. We don't need to go too hard on them.

I kind of want to something better than tokens, though. Maybe give the dancers even chances of tokens, royal slime jelly, and spa coupon?

>>1682037
...Okay, they definitely deserve something. Make it a full five drops.

Anyway, it's a raid, so I guess we can charge 500 per res. You know, assuming Cleric can't just do it herself and buy a mana recovery item from the shop afterwards to recharge.
>>
>>1682056
Nope, Raid mode.

Don't hurt the Cleric she won so give her the token. And a discount coupon for the spa. She needs it.
>>
>>1682051
>>1682037

If people are up for the idea, I'm certainly an advocate of flat scaling to 100 for heals and 500 for revives (probably in limited numbers). It encourages them to keep pushing.
>>
I do think, as Slime has often given tokens, we can definitely give 1 token for each Dancer. So one for Cleric, and one for the eventually revived body of Psionic
>>
>>1682066
>>1682037
Should have tagged that.
>>
>>1682066
At best one for Cleric and Marauder for the encouraging speech, but only Cleric passed.
>>
>>1682065
That works.

Also prizes could be cute dolls of our Boss slimes. Collecting them all doesn't unless the secret Boss Empress Of Slimes, don't be silly!
>>
>>1682037
Well the last one alive is Cleric, which means she'll revive some people by herself. No need to feel bad about it, because while they brought in a cleric for revives and heals in the field. Going for the Cleric is how you make money. They'll pay BIG MONEY to keep Cleric pampered, healthy, and alive. Reviving her every time she dies.
>>
>>1682037
Look at Marauder. She's barely alive and she's giving Cleric a thumbs up.
>>
We charged 500 for revives last time, let's keep it that way.
>>
>>1682073
That...is rather adorable.
>>
>>1682075
Yeah, is raid mode.

But let's give Cleric a coupon for the spa.
>>
File: 1494967815338.png (76 KB, 330x575)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
Gonna run to the store real quick! Be right back
>>
>>1682087
And there goes 6 hours.
>>
>>1682037
Dam Ruth is savage...
>>
>>1682095
Not as strong as a punished slime, Battle Bloops.
>>
>>1682037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KhZeVosMM
>>
>>1682087
RIP thread.
>>
File: 27.png (297 KB, 800x1200)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
"They all died..."

"I'm afraid so." Curi says, "But you live on. If not for you trying, despite your own feelings, you would have fallen as well. You can heal them yourself or take them to Ashley. But remember, you can do anything you put your mind to, Cleric. Nothing is beyond you."

Oh, right. She can revive. Ah well, I guess we won't be making... Oh,what's this?

>Mary sees Cleric going to Ashley and paying for revives. She revives her teammates and spends a total of 1,500 gold to revive everyone but Marauder. A tooltip pops up informing Mary that Cleric, at her current level, she can only revive someone herself once.

>Mary has Sophie revived for free and watches as Cleric heals Marauder.

"I don't know why you brought me to this stupid dungeon. You know I hate dungeons. I can't do anything. I'm not even strong enough to revive you guys in battle. I couldn't even fucking dance to save you guys..."

"Cleric..." Marauder's helmet folds away, revealing part of her face. "I brought you because you're the best. Because you would be the one who would still -try- to dance to save us. Because you're the best healer I know and my dearest friend. I don't need you here, Cleric. I -want- you here. There's no one else I would trust."

1/3
>>
>>1682163
Oh shoo you man of ill faith.
>>
File: 28.png (102 KB, 800x600)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>1682166
"...."
>>
>>1682166
Wow, Mary
This might be too much for my heart!
>>
>>1682166
Oh tank and a healer friendship...sigh i miss my buffy tanker
>>
>>1682166
God, Maurader is just the best.
>>
File: 29.png (120 KB, 800x600)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>1682168
"................"

>Cleric remains silent the rest of the time she heals.

>With the group patched up, they head over to Mirelle's chamber, with only a sole gravity slime in their way.

Murder time yet? Or shall I let them continue without alteration?
>>
>>1682175
HNNGGG! My heart.
>>
>>1682175
Add spikes to Gravity slime's chamber
Let gravity slime have some fun, Mary!
>>
>>1682175
This room is fine. The NEXT room is the murder room, remember?
>>
>>1682175
Lull them into a false sense of security
>>
>>1682175
Let's see if they can rock it fair and square. No more softballs, but we're not gonna ratchet things up to ridiculous levels. Raid mode is Raid mode, so the difficulty is increased as we suggested, but nothing beyond that.
>>
>>1682175
Ha ha!

Time for murder!
>>
>>1682175
Damn, girl, you sure you aint been runed yet? Thats stone cold.
>>
>>1682175
UNLEASH THE RUTH!!
>>
>>1682189
Hey there is nothing wrong with murder. insode the dungeon i mean.
>>
>>1682175
Have gravity slime pull them into a GROUP HUG

or ball of crushing
>>
>>1682189
That's an embarrassed blush, not a cold rejection.

She's too shy to respond.
>>
File: dungeon layout.png (216 KB, 726x712)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
Refresher on the dungeon for peoples!

Here's the current layout.

1. Enter the dungeon. Ms Bloops is the greeter. If treated kindly a token is awarded. If not... Bad things happen.

2. The Comfy Slime Pit. They must use a rope and leap across the pit. Any other attempts to cross the pit will result in then being thrown backwards.

3. The main room. It is from here that there are several branching paths. Also, Cleric Plant is here.

Starting from the bottom left...

4.The Cafe and Spa. Prices were already noted above.

5. A hallway with a Psion slime in it. This leads to a room where Light and Darkness slime are arguing and firing lasers everywhere. Light is trying to light the place up, dark is trying to keep it dark. The lasers are timed and there is a safe way through. Getting through that results in you meeting a bonus boss, Colt. He drops something. Haven't decided what it is yet.

6. The Armory. You can fix items here. Maybe enchant them with runes? Useful when you want to repair and not waste a powder.

7. Rosa's Study. In this, the players must mix the proper tea. Failed creations are tossed. These failed creations leak into Watcher's room and power her up. Too many failed attempts unleash her. You can also find her by taking a secret entrance past Magic Slime. After brewing the perfect tea, Rosa will reward you with her item.

Bottom right

8. Staff room and store.

9. Hallway with a gravity slime. Defeating it leads to an arena where the Paladin is ready to lay down the law as the heroes fight through waves of monsters. After defeating enough, Mirelle congratulates them and gives them her own item.

10. So You Think You Can Slime. An alternate path to Sophie's room. Leads to the slime play pen.

11. A hedge maze filled with Explodey and D.Fence. Getting past them leads to a music slime and mimic. Appease the Music Slime or battle it. Either way, you get to see Sophie who gives you her own item.

Finally, center path.

12. A fight against Lily and Reginald. Ice Elementals create a battle field that slowly erodes as time goes on. You have to win to move on to-

13. Curi. A final boss battle. Each princess's previous item helps weaken Curi in a certain way. Defeat her to win the ultimate prize.
>>
>>1682175
Lets see hoe things progress into Mirelle before we start going murder-happy.
>>
>>1682196
Have Metal Slime follow them around for awhile and see how long it takes them to notice.
When they notice, he gets a shocked/surprised look on his face and then runs away.
>>
>>1682175
This is wave attacks with RSP overseeing it to impress Ruth.

Let's put in some monsters intended to break up their formation and isolate individuals: D.Fence charging, psion slime telekinetic pushes, comfy slime hugs, mud slime bogs and time slime's slow effect.
>>
>>1682175
Wait, we didn't give them any rewards for SYTYCS! I'm gonna suggest 15 tokens, a spa coupon, and a royal slime jelly.

And for the next room I guess we should let time slime show off, too.
>>
File: 12434e0aac[1].png (49 KB, 438x567)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>1682175
>>
File: Psion Slime.png (5 KB, 64x52)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>1682175

Have a psion or magic slime appear and fuse with gravity slime. I want to see what happens.
>>
>>1682196
If we're going to murder them, let it be anywhere but the Paladin's arena. I feel that's a very unfun area and losing there would only compound the issue. And where are the YUM chests along their path?
>>
>>1682209
We haven't made the labs, so there's no fusion goo yet.

If Slime matron is too upset that we use so many slimes, I think we could adjust things to where our official theme is fusion, not slimes.
>>
>>1682196
ADD MORE GRAVITY SLIMES. AND PSION SLIMES. ZERO GRAVITY FIGHT!
>>
>>1682210
On the contrary. Its usually been well recieved.

The only reason it was unfun was because people couldn't handle Alchemist being, you know. An alchemist.
>>
>>1682213
It's Slimecrown Citadel, most of our monsters are slimes
We're totally not ripping her off
>>
File: Spoiler Image (79 KB, 397x472)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Pausing here for tonight! Gonna try to start again sooner tomorrow. Thanks for reading, everyone!
>>
>>1682222
Good show boss. I look forward to it.

So as it stands we are currently
>+1500g

Good start. Hope to see some more sales and some more tokens accumulated so our token store sees use. Not to mention the YUM! tie in working as intended.

After all, its not just about the quick gain with this trial.

I also expect that this will go on longer than Mary expects. Marauder is lower level than most of the party. But she knows what she is doing.
>>
>>1682222
Night, bossman.

So, I was thinking about BRAWNDO THE THIRST MUTILATOR, and I got another idea for another YUM! themed boss. We've got a few ice elementals around. If YUM! has a slushy based product, what would you folks think about a boss called Ice Cold Steve Frosty? Just imagine. The adventurers are going through the dungeon normally when suddenly, the sounds of shattering glass happens, and out comes Ice Cold, here to give them an Ice Cold Stunner.
>>
>>1682281
If you're gonna use a mascot he would need to work alongside the heroes. Otherwise you risk the brand appearing weak if the boss is pathetic, or being associated with failure if he's too tough. There is a sweet spot obviously but we don't have enough control over the outcome of these fights to really make that idea work. How about something that really shows off the thirst mutilating properties of the drink. A curse of eternal thirst on an NPC or better yet the adventurers that can only be broken by the thirst quenching power of YUM brand Brawndo.
>>
>>1682326
It's all about the marketing spin. Mascots can be winners or losers (think of the Lucky Charms leprechaun, or the cinnamon and apple characters for Apple Jacks) and promote the brand either way.
>>
>>1682363
I mean, that's true of the marketing we're used to. But have you ever fought the kool-aid man? Shit's hard.
>>
>>1682373
I'm not sure what your point is.
>>
The shop should sell a slimepedia to fill in and info on where to find rare slimes for collectors or people interested in starting. Maybe it will mess them up during the Curi fight as one of them will object to moving on to the next phase until Curi has spawned an Oil Slime.
>>
>>1682385
Oil slimes are basically cruelty though? I doubt she'd ever spawn one at all.
>>
>>1682414
The slimes she spawns are coreless and impermanent, probably not sentient by even slime standards. That's probably not seen as a cruelty.
>>
>>1682326
A debuff during the boss fight? There are chalices around the arena/the audience throws them in and you have to grab them and use them to catch some Brawndo, and remove the debuff?
>>
Well, while I'm not exactly the biggest fan of BRAWNDO, I just wish to advise that we don't go too overboard, we want to use him to help facilitate a deal, yes. But I fear we're getting to parody levels here, which just makes me nervous w/respect to clientele.

Though I'll admit the idea of a curse of weakness on players and having to sprint for antidotes is a unique boss mechanic.

>>1682385
I think this is a pretty cute idea.
>>
>>1682416
Cooking a lamprey isn't cruelty, but it's still a little hard to watch it continue to wriggle in response to the heat despite being beheaded and gutted beforehand.
>>
>>1682222
We'll wait for you then!
>>
>>1682563
>But I fear we're getting to parody levels here
Dude, he's an Energy Drink Elemental that's Champion of the Colosseum and Talks/Acts like Macho Man Randy Savage.
He literally is suppose to treat the Colosseum like Pro Wrestling, mocking the opponents, working the crowd, ect.

We've been at parody levels for awhile now.
>>
>>1682612
Who?
>>
>>1683068
An idea for the gladiator champion of the colliseum.
>>
File: IMG_1432.png (306 KB, 800x600)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>1681725
Sounds like what you want is an Ochre jelly.
>>
File: 30.png (129 KB, 800x600)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
Yeah, let's not make it too hard. We'll just add some spikes to the walls and let them

Oh god

Oh...

Okay

Gravity slime and spikes are a bit uh...

Damn.

1/3
>>
>>1683675
please tell me we didnt just tpk
>>
File: 31.png (245 KB, 800x1200)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>1683675
>Marauder, the only one with armor heavy enough to not be impaled by stone, makes it to the Gravity Slime and slices it in half.

"Phew... We did it, comrades!"

>She looks back.

".... Oh."
>>
>>1683675
I am very nervous. I wanted this run to keep going...
>>
>>1683691
Well shit...hope they have gold.

Guys this was a bit much...
>>
guys we made this to tough jeez
>>
>>1683691
Let's shelve that particular tactic for a while, shall we?
>>
I would have thought Psion would have been able to negate gravity for herself like usual, but I guess not.
>>
>>1683701
Hope they have phoenix downs. Always good to have reserves!
>>
>>1683691
Nice.
>>
>>1683691
Welcome back to Classic Platforming from hell: instant death spike edition
>>
>>1683691
THE SPIKES
THEY WORKED!
Let's get them to buy another round of revives
>>
File: 32.png (164 KB, 800x600)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>1683691
>Marauder revives Cleric and Ronin. Cleric revives Psion and Wizard, taking away her revive for them in battle.

"That was hard... And we're almost broke..." Cleric complains.

"We were merely taken by surprise. Is the beast gone?" Wizard asks.

"Yeah." Marauder says. "I cleaved it in two. It will bother us no longer."

"Then we are fine." Wizard says, "Psion. From now on, whenever we enter a room be sure to push us against the ground so we are not moved."

"Understood." Psion says.

"Then let's go." Wizard gestures to the hall and takes point.

3/4
>>
Could we make faustian deals with any surviving party members? We rez the party, but the survivor who makes the deal owes us a favor to be rendered at the time of our choosing.

That way even if they have no money for rez they can still continue trying with full party instead of giving up completely.
>>
>>1683753
At least they are learning.
>>
>>1683753
>+3500G

Okay guys. Time to be a bit more forgiving with Gold Drops.

Got to maximize their time here and we're playing with house money.
>>
>>1683753
Hey, let's put some more gold in the chests since it's raid mode, Mary
>>
>>1683761
Maybe Rosalyn/Colt can drop a Phoenix down each?
>>
>>1683770
Phoenix down, 750g, some tokens and probably some minor items seem good.
>>
>>1683770
I can back that idea.
>>
File: 33.png (193 KB, 800x1200)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>1683753
>When they go into the hallway they find another YUM chest containing some healing items and even a bit of gold.

"Hell yeah!" Ronin shouts as she fist pumps. "That's three now, right? Just seven to go! I hope there's a really cool prize at the end."

>Mirelle's room is next. When they enter they see her surrounded by fighting slimes. Archers, Ruth, Rosayln, Simon. Mirelle rises from her little throne and puts her hands on her hips.

"Hey there! Glad to see you could make it to my room. You guys must be pretty strong, huh?" Her grin widens. "Alright! Let's see how well you do against my friends!

Oh, Sophie! Hey! Come here!"

>Sophie approaches her.

"Hello, Mirelle." She says.

"Heeeey. So they got you, huh? Hey, what do you say we spar while they take on my slime?"

"I'm good..."

"C'mon~ We never get to battle."

"I'm supposed to help them."

"C'moooooon~ Fight me~ Or I'll fight em myself!"

"... Very well."

I normally only have the archers and Ruth in this room. Should I leave it as is or add more?
>>
>>1683817
Leave it as is. As bad as it is to say it, we need to see how things go from a testing perspective.
>>
>>1683817
We've given them a hard time, let's leave it as it is.
>>
>>1683817
Take out Ruth, go with archers and footmen.

This is Mirelle's show. Lets see her perform solo. And the heroes may be able to assist the physically weaker(though magically stronger) Sophie.

I will say if someone wants Rosalyn, I would only propose judgement to be.
>+Shouting Attacks
>-Debuffing abilities.
>>
>>1683817
Yeah, we can just make the final Boss harder.
>>
>>1683817
I don't think this room's been done before, correct? Let's leave it as is if only so we have a baseline to understand where we need to improve.
>>
>>1683817
Ruth regicides Sophie.

Batter up.

Also, Ruth cooking challenge called "Batter Up."
>>
>>1683817

This: >>1683841
>>
>>1683817
Leave it as is
>>
>>1683842
Not in Raid mode.
>>
>>1683817
Take Ruth out, she's already beaten them to a pulp, and I'm not entirely certain she isn't the most powerful slime in that room.
>>
>>1683817
cmon sophie do something badass.
>>
>>1683875
Oh, if Ruth is in there, then I have to agree with this. I don't know what's up with her, but she's clearly got some kind of prestige classes out the slime hole or something.
>>
>>1683856
Maybe not.

But, what do we think of living slime chess sets?
>>
>>1683886
Not to mention that mithryl bat.

I am pretty sure this is a result of getting a pretty epic tier item.
>>
>>1683886
She got a better bat remember?
>>
>>1683893
could be cool
>>
File: TheGif.gif (146 KB, 800x600)
146 KB
146 KB GIF
Arting
>>
>>1683911
Reminder to stop bullying Dungeoneer with every idea she suggests. She just wants Mary's love.
>>
>>1683911
she just wants to make you happy, let her rune something.
>>
>>1683817

This room needs to offer some serious drops to make up for the heartache they've been going through. 500g, maybe a revive item, and one special drop sounds fair.
>>
>>1683921
I certainly wouldn't mind letting her make another demon, but no runing humans. (Yet.)
>>
>>1683937
Agreed. We need to get a reputation as a difficult but highly rewarding dungeon (and frankly we can tone down the difficulty a tiny bit even for raid mode). No cheaping out on the loot they get or only masochists will want to come here.
>>
>>1683917
People don't have a problem with any of the ideas she suggests. It's when she does things without asking first that's the problem.
>>
>>1683921
She never asks permission, hence why she gets punished.
>>
>>1683957
One spike per wall in the gravity hall is enough for raid mode, and no spikes for normal mode.
>>
>>1683965
But what if she actually liked getting punished?
>>
>>1683917

If she asks for permission, it's fine. Literally, the main point most people have been making for threads now.
>>
>>1683970
Is Raid mode, so at least three spikes. And all the spikes in raid mode plus dead Ms Bloops.
>>
>>1684056
Is that slime in the back suposed to be Cury?
>>
>>1684056
Mary this isn't a nsfw board.
>>
>>1684105
well it shows no nudity so its ok.
>>
>>1684056
man, who makes these?
>>
>>1684056

Lewd rune slimes, please
>>
File: 34.png (794 KB, 800x2400)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
>Rosalyn slams her blade onto the ground and decrees the new laws.

>+Shouting Attacks
>-Debuffing abilities.

".... Shouting attacks?" Psion asks. "Like... Sonic attacks?"

"TWIN BLADE SLICE!" Ronin shouts as she slices an approaching squire slime in half.

"... Oh."

>The attack begins. Archers and sword wielders move in with Ruth hanging around the back, bat practically vibrating in her hands. The archers release their arrows.

"Psionic Deflection!" Psion yells, catching arrows in the air and snapping them with her powers.

"Axe Fissure!" Marauder yells as she brings her axe onto t he ground and fracturing the ground with it's weight. A wave of energy slams into a nearby archer slime.

"... I'll just stand here til you guys need me." Cleric says.

>Meanwhile, Mirelle summons up magma gauntlets. Sophie conjures her elemental staff.

"You ready for this, sis?"

"I'll... I'll try my best..."

>A new wave of Archer Slimes appear. Psion doesn't seem to notice them. They draw their bow string and let loose.

>Cleric sighs and brings up a barrier.

"Half of healing is preventing the damage in the first place..."

"FIRE!!! PUUUUUNCH!" Punch Wizard says, his magical punch obliterating a group of slimes.

"TRIPLE BLADE CUT!"
"MARAUDER CLEAVE!"

"Guys, seriously, take the penalty! My ears!" Cleric yells.

>Sophie and Mirelle battle but it's clear who has the upper hand from the start. Sophie might have had a chance, had she not started so close to the Magma Slime.

>At such a close distance, it's easy for Mirelle to land blows on the otherwise defenseless Sophie. She doesn't have the time to cast a single spell before a hit blows away a chunk of her upper body.

>Sophie drops to her knees in shock.

"Oh.. Oh gosh..." Mirelle seems to panic. "Oh man... I didn't mean to... Please don't tell mom..!"

1/2
>>
>>1684181
She already knows, Mirelle. She already knows.
>>
>>1684181
Dam man that is the best
>>
>>1684181
MIRELLE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING
SHE'S GONNA BLAST YOU
>>
Mirelle time to taste the fury of a shy magic user.
>>
>>1684140
http://budino88.tumblr.com/
also known as pudding
>>
i just had a idea for the king slimes personality, he can be kamina for gurren lagann.
>>
File: 35.png (601 KB, 800x1800)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
>>1684181
>Before Mirelle can move much closer, she feels feels something pierce her skin and begin to prod at her core.

>At the very start of their battle, Sophie summoned a stone elemental. It has simply been biding it's time, waiting for the perfect moment to attack. And, with Sophie's guidance, it is the perfect hit. With a single command she could order that thing to crush Mirelle's core and end the fight right there.

"Oh! Sophie! You jerk! I was actually worried about you!"

"Hehe -sniff- I saw your guard was down so.. So I attacked. I win, sis."

>The sound of metal clanging against the floor fills the room.

"As do we!" Marauder says. "Princess, we have bested your trial and defeated your men!"

"Congratulations." Mirelle says. "Hey, Sophie, can you get this thing off of my core, this is getting weird."

Hmm. Impressive. Not a single death.

Alright, what prize should we give the group?
>>
>>1684273
There is no King, the abomination ate him.
>>
>>1684301
5 tokens, Slime Bell, 250g

Imagine Sophie when she's actually a boss.
>>
>>1684301
A copy of Mirelle's gauntlet? The wizard could probably use it.
>>
>>1684301
One slime bikini, two catkinis. And a map with the location of the treasure chests?
>>
>>1684301
Give them three tokens each and a minor loot for clearing Mirelle's trial. Gotta roll that loot gatcha and let them think about running this again soon.
>>
>>1684307
OR it only shattered him, i think we thought up a whole quest line that involved going to a sewer/dungeon and fight the two pieces, and getting the two cracked gems and combining him, or something.
>>
>>1684301

Some vanity item exclusive to our citadel, just so they get something out of their raid that is being rather taxing in their money.

Also, a YUM chest
>>
>>1684318
I don't want a powerful King slime, I prefer the Grandma of slimes idea better.
>>
>>1684301
10 tokens, 500 gold, and maybe an item like her Gauntlet or something like that.
>>
>>1684301
A few tokens each, some gold, and a (very poorly) sketched map of where the YUM chests are. Make them work for those chests.
>>
>>1684335
And a catkini!
>>
>>1684342
Yes.
>>
I really do feel like we should give them an actual item or two. Imagine if this were, say an actual game. The lot of us would feel jipped.
>>
>>1684333
>>1684301

This
>>
>>1684301
Add a Phoenix Down to the treasure pile. Also, they beat Rosalyn without killing her?
>>
>>1684301
>>1684333
Backing this
>>
File: 36.png (48 KB, 800x600)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
The gacha roll should be saved for the end, I think.
For now let's give them...

The gauntlet.

Let's give it some stats and some lore.
>>
>>1684367
+2 Defense, 25% chance of splash(lava) damage.
>>
>>1684367
>the gauntlets of fire
>mirelle forged these with her own hands, and some of her fighting spirit was imbued into it
>>
>>1684367
Mirelle's weapon of choice. A gift from her parents, it grants the wearer everything Mirelle values: a tough, powerful, direct aproach to problem solving. It fits like a glove.
>>
>>1684367
+2 Damage

10% More Damage vs non Boss slimes
15% Boost in fire attacks

Can be traded for revive
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1684367
you can now fist gril slimes as well as its old owner could.

and boy slimes too.
>>
>>1684367

"A princess with a fiery heart cannot have delicate hands. Said to be carved from the hide of a great stone beast, the insides are never more than pleasantly warm and oddly comfortable, worn smooth from countless hours of practice."

> Effect: Adds fire damage to attacks.
> When both hands are clasped together, forearms presented forward, the stone gauntlets form a shield resistant to heat and cold.
>>
>>1684367
> +3 Physical Attacks
> +3 Fire Element attacks
> Inflicts burning on touch

> A royal gauntlet that the princess herself assisted in crafting. Using a special foraging method, it is as hard as adamantine, and it is said that no liquid can truly quench it's flame.
>>
>>1684402
I like that better.
>>
>>1684402
this is good
>>
>>1684367
Ah yes, the Magma Smasher. Superheats for punching or can apply the effect to a held weapon and you can throw fireballs.

Also it's a gauntlet.

Did you know Slimecrown Citadel was built on top of a dormant volcano? The founders defeated it's terrible lava monster guardian, sealed the volcano away and tapped its geothermal vents to make the spa.
>>
>>1684367
>>1684402
Oooooh, this is good lore
>>
>>1684403
And the name is Mirelle's Obsidian Gauntlet.
>>
>>1684412
this is good lore i like it
>>
>>1684412
Oh and the gauntlet's made out of one of its hands.
>>
>>1684367
Let's say that they started out as Mirielle's actual hands. When she was training to be strong, she began absorbing rare, super-durable minerals into her body to increase her strength. Over the years, her punching training cause these minerals to coalesce into her fists, and eventually they became so dense that all of her slime was pushed out of them, with the sheer pressure of her relentless punches forging them into a pair of stone gauntlets.
>>
>>1684402
This.

But add a Level requirement, no one under Level 20 can equip it.
>>
>>
>>1684367
Raises Magic and Fire Defense by 10%

Strong Attack is replaced by a delayed jumping uppercut (Shoryuken)
>>
>>1684421
>missed the chance to offer suggestions due to spending too much time thinking about them
I still think it's a good idea.
>>
File: SRC_Gmaz24.jpg (43 KB, 677x369)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>1684421
This and also they can be launched as projectiles
>>
>>1684455
If you do that it doubles damage but self destructs.
>>
>>1684459
Which, in a boss fight, opens a window to attack Mirelle while she regenerates them?
>>
>>1684459

Self destruct sounds too harsh, maybe just like spells, the rocket punch secondary weapon has X amount of uses per day and after that it becomes a regular fist weapon?
>>
>>1684500
Is not a final Boss loot. And Raid mode has a loot penalty because the party is too big.
>>
>>1684511
That sounds a little backwards, though? Normal mode practically only has a drop for the boss fight. So, Raid mode should drop with every boss and mini-boss fight, yeah?
>>
File: Demon's Fist.gif (4.11 MB, 480x270)
4.11 MB
4.11 MB GIF
>>1684367
I feel like this should be able to pull off power geysers.
>>