[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 165 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

File: QTG.png (160 KB, 640x480)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
This is a thread created for the discussion of quests and all things regarding them.

Please do not shitpost and please ignore at any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. Or at the very least make your shitposts entertaining. Outing yourself as severely mentally handicapped for example, while briefly entertaining, sort of derails discussion like nothing else.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities. It is recommended that you give this a glance if it's your first time to the board and highly recommended if you are thinking about QMing.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net
[Hogbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net

Discord server: https://discord.gg/ZgBR5gy
(Can provide useful feedback and critique to QMs looking for help and is another way to promote your quest. Is also a way for players to get in touch with their QMs if they are also on the Discord. The only rule is if you need to shitpost at least be entertaining about it.)

Archive of quest reviews (It has now been almost a year since the last linked review. Don't be shy, go ahead, take a big fat dump all over a quest, or give it a sloppy blowjob. It's not like you're tripping, right?)
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
Do you have a favorite character to write, and do the players like them as much as you do? Are you bitter that your players don't like your personal best girl? Why didn't you make her first girl?

>Player Question
How many threads does it take before you don't even bother to catch up with a quest? Or does longevity make you more interested because you know the quest is at least somewhat successful
>>
>>2305001
First for predquest
>>
>>2305001
>QM Question
Yes, I like writing the MC's best friend quite a bit. Unfortunately, he rarely shows up at this point in the plot.

>Player Question
Honestly, none, I love catching up with quests.
>>
>>2305001
>QM
If your personal best girl isn't the first girl then you're a fool. You're also incorrect.

>Player
I rarely have strong ideas for how a character should behave early on in a quest if they aren't already strongly characterized. When I catch a quest early my votes are usually "do the most interesting thing, disregarding safety or sanity". I like having a solid characterization to work with for decisions. I also enjoy reading through quest archives, so I generally prefer to catch a quest on something around the 4th thread. I'd read a hundred threads of a quest to catch up if I enjoyed it though.
>>
>>2305001
>>Player Question
>How many threads does it take before you don't even bother to catch up with a quest? Or does longevity make you more interested because you know the quest is at least somewhat successful?

For me, I usually skim the first post and see if it interests me, then I go looking at the backlog. I used to not care at all how long it was back in high school, but now my limit is ~20 threads. Any more than that and I won't want to go thru it. Longevity is nice, but quests can wear out their welcome sometimes.
>>
>>2305001
>>QM Question
>Yup. She's pretty hilarious. Players seem to enjoy her, too. Honestly, nope.

>>Player Question
>It usually takes me about a thread to see if I'm interested or not. If I am, I just keep going. Sometimes the premise just goes in a direction I dislike, though, and, well...
>>
File: Quest Header.jpg (32 KB, 564x564)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2301604
>>2301604
>>2301604
>>2301604
Metahuman Quest is live again
>>
>>2305001
>QM Question
I hate every character I've written equally.
>Player Question
The more threads there are the more likely I am to give it a chance.

Now for a better question, why haven't you formed a QM-Cabal that operate together to maintain a living world.
Allowing the 'Main' QM to handle things happening immediately happening to players, and the others handle the rest of the world keeping it up to date, from the politics between nations, to the price of tuna in the markets tanking because the players turned a large section of the ocean into a magically irradiated hellhole while fighting some super demon.
>>
>>2305001
>How many threads does it take before you don't even bother to catch up with a quest? Or does longevity make you more interested because you know the quest is at least somewhat successful

I have problems motivating myself to reread even one thread
>>
>Do you have a favorite character to write, and do the players like them as much as you do?

A sassy and sociopathic old woman (very old). I'm not sure if people like her.

>Are you bitter that your players don't like your personal best girl? Why didn't you make her first girl?

Plot separated MC and first girl, now the players refuse to take the time to reconnect with her.
>>
>>2305091
What quest?
>>
>>2305001
>Player Question
I basically have no limit. All that matters is that the quest is to my taste and meets my standards. Very few of those quests go on for long. I've rarely found quests I like that have been running long enough for me to have to go archive diving for days.

Like, take a look at that Death Beyond the Stars or whatever. While the tone and writing I like, I don't like grand strategy, huge scale quests like that where you play as the leader of a civ, so that's out.

>Now for a better question, why haven't you formed a QM-Cabal that operate together to maintain a living world.
>Allowing the 'Main' QM to handle things happening immediately happening to players, and the others handle the rest of the world keeping it up to date, from the politics between nations, to the price of tuna in the markets tanking because the players turned a large section of the ocean into a magically irradiated hellhole while fighting some super demon.

Because the different QMs will have a conflicting vision of what to do with the setting.
There is no need to flesh out a world in detail. Just outline it, and if the plot brings you to somewhere you have not thought of much you can just make some shit up then.
Of course if you are running large-scale shit like Death Beyond the Star that is harder, but I pretty much exclusively run things where you play as one guy who is not practically omniscient. I keep things close to the ground.
>>
>>2305105
>There is no need to flesh out a world in detail
>accepting an inferior false illusion of a world that is alive
>not being able to communicate with your peers to come to an agreement on how to handle things within the setting
>not just giving the 'main' qm veto power for things that seem too contrasting when the players run into them
The MCs ability to experience the depth of the world is irrelevant. The worlds depth will show itself in its ripples that will affect the MC and create a superior experience.
>>
>>2305099
Star Wars: A Fragile Balance
>>
>>2305115
I want to kill your players for allowing Hacna to demand Jevan as a sex toy.

And the old bitch is the best waifu in your quest. Actually, is she a GGGGGGGGGGILF only because of being possessed or was Zhahn like that before? Because if that ass is cottage cheese I rescind my statement about her quality.
>>
>>2305111
I feel like wrangling these other QMs and forcing them to serve me in the first place would just take too much time. That's like a full time job.
>>
>>2305122
They do not serve you, rather you all serve the players as all QMs do.
>>
>>2305001
>Do you have a favorite character to write, and do the players like them as much as you do?
Yes, and sometimes.

>Spoiler
No, they didn't even really like first girl after a certain point. The childhood friend never ever wins after all.

>How many threads does it take before you don't even bother to catch up with a quest? Or does longevity make you more interested because you know the quest is at least somewhat successful
It depends on the quest, if it's absurdly long though I might speedread it.
>>
>>2305199
>>2305199
A new thread up for Valkyria Chronicles: Pacific Theatre.
I'll see if I can try making updates a bit shorter this time around.
>>
File: th (6).jpg (22 KB, 474x398)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
I swear I'm actually back this time!
>>2301213
>>2301213
>>2301213
>>
>QM question
There are two characters I love writing in my story, one being a tsundere cunt, the other person hasn't shown up yet per se.

>Player Question
The latter for the most part since I binge stories more than I follow them
>>
>>2305317
>tsundere cunt

Isn't that redundant?
>>
>>2305321
Nah, not with light tsundere tendencies. The cuntishness only happens if they're physically violent and constantly aggressive.
>>
>>2305091
Sebuk seems pretty popular, especially for a character who has been bitchy to the MC at every opportunity
>>
>QM Question
I've yet to introduce my favorite but I'm confident she'll be well received once it finally happens, players reacted nicely to my cast and aren't taking advantage of their position despite having countless opportunities to do so, little things like that are adding up nicely.
>>
>>2305001
>QM Question
My favorite character changes depending on what they can bring to the scene. As for Best Girl... She's not even an option.

>Player Question
There are a lot of quests I like, but can't bring myself to stay up to date on. So on the contrary, I actually prefer to just let them get ahead by a large margin and then binge through all the backlog at once.

I say this being well aware that it is the worst form of lurking, since I won't even be there for emergency votes. I try to make it up in other ways, though.
>>
How long does it take for a thread to be unbumpable? And would people mid if I just made a new thread?
>>
>>2305409
Current autosage is 5 days. I don't think anyone cares if you make a new thread after that. Most wouldn't care even if you made a new thread before then.
>>
>>2305409
Whether or not a thread is bumped literally does not matter on this board. Most people have set their Catalog sorting to Last Reply instead of Bump Order.
>>
>>2305409
It's seen as pointless and rude to make a new thread if the old one isn't about to die; say, if it's on page 10 for example. This is because threads last plenty long even after they stop being bumped, so it's pointless to make a new thread when the old one's still there.

Sure, you're not being bumped, but anybody who hasn't switched to latest reply after some time on /qst/ is a brainlet and not to be catered to.
>>
Just out of curiosity, how many /qst/s have had gay protagonists? Going for traps doesn't count.
>>
>>2305447
Even counting the lesbians? Very few. XS basically has the market cornered there, but you know exactly what you're getting into if you join something she runs. It's just a meme.
>>
>>2305447
That's more of an anonkun thing but there's nothing stopping one from starting here. Aside from a probable lack of interest.
>>
>>2305449
Didn't the original /qst/-tan quest have /qst/-tan go with /cm/ in the end? Other than that I can't think of any others. You would think with how gay this site can be at times that there would be more quests with gay protagonists, or at least protagonist that players make go for gay options.
>>
>>2305460
As mentioned, there's a whole meme that people like to screech about. "FeMC? Dropped, because they're going to become a slutty lesbian!" etc... To their credit, we've had plenty more lesbian MCs than we've ever had gay male MCs, but the actual ratio of homosexual to straight (or asexual) MCs is really low.

But because this meme persists, a lot of new QMs just avoid it. It doesn't help that many people treat writing women as some arcane art beyond understanding. Yes, it is different. There are different strokes in the balance of masculinity and femininity, but it's no greater divide than handling a balanced cast of developed characters would be otherwise.

The whole thing is silly.
>>
>>2305485
Its not a meme, FeMC is a sign a quest is going to be terribly, most qms are poor authors and as they are most likely a man their ability to write a female is piss poor, which is fine if the female is a 2d waifu character, but its shit if its the MC.
Anons also develop a special kind of autism when they're in control of a female character which leads to them turning into smut machines who want to do nothing but eat dick of munch rug, which is just boring to read eventually.
Those things combined lead to downward spiral of utter shit that will 90% of the time utterly destroy a FeMC quest, that and like a good 60% of FeMC quests just have a shit premise, as opposed to MaleMC quests that have shit premises a mere 50% of the time.
>>
>>2305460
>>2305511
See?
>>
File: 1483859753384.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1200)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>2305001
>QM Question
The MC's old military buddy/best friend is probably my favorite character to write, though I also really enjoy writing antagonistic characters in general.
>Player Question
If the premise interests me I'll read through a large archive. Thread count doesn't really matter if it's a good quest.

Also, Starcaller Quest is running after a brief hiatus.
>>2305487
>>2305487
>>
>>2305518
Not an argument.
>>
>>2305001
>QM Question
>Do you have a favorite character to write, and do the players like them as much as you do? Are you bitter that your players don't like your personal best girl? Why didn't you make her first girl?
Yes, the MC’s daughter. Also yes, she a cute. Didn’t have a “best girl”, so first girl won before I’d even introduced the second.

>Player Question
If the premise interests me, I’m in. Longest backlog I ever read through to catch up to a still-running quest was over 60 threads. Longevity makes me more likely to try and catch up, if there’s a lot of threads the QM more than likely knows what they’re doing.
>>
File: angry-pepe.jpg (7 KB, 236x236)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
> new quest
> three votes pick race
> fuck u op i no play
> no be mean :( Im srs this time
> its ok op, fck the haters, ill play with you
> thanks anon, lemme run qst
> runs qst
> abandons thread in <3 days
> new quest
> three votes pick race
>>
>>2306119
>WarlordQM
>>
>>2306119
LOL, I went through the reverse of that. Had this incredibly tedious voting process laid out with four players and they dumped the qst almost before it could begin.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Why aren't you guys reading Trump Quest with me... I'm so lonely in that thread.
>>
>>2305054
Good work, man
>>
>>2305001

>QM Question
Current waifu for the quest is also my favorite to write, as her being there was kind of at a whim. It's difficult to gauge my player's involvement or enjoyment, though I am going to assume that if they're not actively wishing the quest to die, then maybe I'm doing something right.

>Player Question
This can factor in two ways. If it's just missing a ton of threads, like about 5 or more, then I may either try to catch up if the quest is recently ongoing, or I may just give up on it.

If it's a matter of a QM not knowing when to stop a quest, then it turns into a matter of keeping a player's attention. Long quests are both good and bad because they show that the quest may be well written enough to garner that many threads or it could be seen as too intimidating to start on given how long it is.

I got a question for /qst/ as a whole, and feel free to call me retarded for not knowing this, but what is a preferred wait time between posts and player action in a quest?

Like, say I post for a quest and I give the players options. They choose, and I wait my usual 15-20 min to assess their choices. It usually takes me about 10-15 min to write up a defined scenario to their choice or roll in the game. Is that acceptable or too slow?
>>
>>2306329
>10-15 minutes
>too slow
I can’t speak for all of /qst/, but in my own quest updates generally take half an hour to an hour, unless something delays me. I’m not a slow typist I swear, but you can only post updates via phone so fast.
>>
>>2306329
Bruh, maybe back on /tg/ 20 minute updates were regular but on here an hour is the rule, if not more. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>2306329
How big is your update? That's an important factor. If it takes you an hour or two to write up a scene of careful dialogue and political exchanges, filled with subtext and hints, then so be it. If it takes you an hour or two to write up punching some guy in the face, you might want to speed it up.

Unless your players specifically ask for certain speed changes, you're usually golden.
>>
I just realized that I forgot to type in my name, but yeah I run Gantz: Quest and one of the biggest issues I encounter with running it is the posting consistency, timing and detail.

>>2306346
I could not imagine how horrifying phone posting a quest can be, but you have my condolences on that fact. What quest is it, if I may ask?

>>2306351
I started a small Persona: Quest on /tg/ a year ago, but it only made it to the second thread before everyone abandoned out of waiting frustration. Ever since, I have been practicing to speed up my typing, and can consistently get at least 20 min on a post now. Though, I only do so much proofreading, so there are typos here and there.

>>2306355
Most of my updates aren't too long, but I try to include as much detail as neccesary for my players to understand the scenario. Time management causes me to consider what parts of a post to weed out, and sometimes details gets lost in this trimming for time. If it's important dialogue or story, then I won't skimp out on heavy detail but I try to write shorthand for most action or fight sequences. Unless of course a nat 20 happens, at which point I may let the players have a bit more embellishment.

I was unaware that the 40 min to an hour was normal here, but if that amount of time of allowance, then I suppose I can use it to proofread on posts since I make a lot of typos when I write fast as well as include more detail with them as well.

Thanks /qst/, you guys are a big help.
>>
>>2305460
>implying anyone actually cares about board-tans
>>
>>2305511
>look at me, I have opinions
>>
>>2305518
He has a point, most QMs can hardly write male MCs, how can you expect them to handle female MCs when they're just cellar dweller men themselves?
>>
>>2306406
/his/ beats off to their board tan incessantly. Because Joan of Arc is their perfect woman.

To be fair, Joan of Arc is pretty close to the perfect woman though.
>>
>>2306424
I thought their board tan was some sort of weird ass pregnant confederate Anne Frank.
>>
>>2306424
I was under the impression Pregnant Anne Frank was the board waifu, even if it was half ironic.
>>
>>2306392
Might as well put my name on for this post, I run Saiyan Conqueror Quest. And don’t worry too much about your update times, as long as they’re reasonable. /qst/ as a board is a lot slower than /tg/ quests were. Quality content is far greater that rapid-fire replies. There’s at least one QM running right now who usually only does 1-3 posts a day.
>>
>>2306428
No, that's a separate but equally prevalant part of the board's culture. But it's just a meme, I think.

Because if the South won the Holocaust wouldn't happen? I think.
>>
>>2306430
Like I said >>2306435 it's a different thing, but Anne is more of a waifu where Joan is put more on a pedestal.

Because Anne Frank was pregnant? Allegedly. I don't know, I really really don't, I just enjoy their memes more than /pol/'s or /int/'s or /bant/'s.
>>
>>2306440
No, no, it wasn't because Anne Frank was pregnant. She wasn't.

It's because of this long, in depth smut fiction about plowing Anne Frank in the attic over the course of several years. Evidently dead underage dutch jew fetish is rampant.
>>
>>2306446
I thought it was a mix of both, or something like that.

Because her father left a bunch of the diary on the cutting room floor.
>>
>>2306281
Appreciate it, anon.
>>
>>2306433
>There’s at least one QM running right now who usually only does 1-3 posts a day.

> At least

Lol.
>>
The Raiders Continues with more lesbianism.

>>2306776

Musclegirl today.
>>
Brettonian Knight Quest using the Pendragon System, Character Generation.

>>2306925
>>
File: nazsuit.png (350 KB, 1024x683)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
New Space Nazi Thread

>>2306936
>>2306936
>>2306936
>>2306936
>>
>>2306418
Not an argument
>>
Are there any quests similar to psion academy quest? It recently ended and I still need to quench my thirst
>>
>>2306949
I think what anon is implying is that your premises are empirically wrong.
>>
>>2306964
I think what anon is implying is that hes a little faggot whos pissy that I won't accept that yuri is magically the best making all FeMC quests the best.
Or hes a faggot like you.
>>
>>2306966
not an argument
>>
>>2305120
I was gone 1 fucking threat. What the fucj
>>
>>2306976
t. not an argument
>>
>>2307006
>literally implying tfw
>>
File: 1510509298184.png (22 KB, 833x926)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>2306781
>lesbianism
>Musclegirl
>>
>>2305091
>Plot separated MC and first girl, now the players refuse to take the time to reconnect with her.
FORCE IT. MUH TWI'LEK
>>
>>2307373
What is with everyone's problem with yuri? Legit, I want to know. I know most people here are men, but is it just that you all are giant homos? It's like every time some says the word everyone loses their minds.
>>
>>2307506
From what I've heard, not seen, mind you, it's newtonian faggotry: equal and opposite reactions. This is more when yurifags are pushing for their way and not when it's built from the ground up, because when it's that case who even cares if you don't like it don't go for it. I'd presume it's equally annoying if a yuri story had straightfags trying to dive onto dicks.

Again, pure speculation based on past shitposting in generals.
>>
>>2307506
I don't know about anyone else, but it's just a fetish I usually don't like.

When I want to see sex, I want to see, well, sex, not tribadism or oral.

Also that irony of calling people who don't like yuri homos when yuri itself is gay.
>>
>>2305373
She's trash, Hurts favoritism toward her is really obvious and annoying too
>>
>>2307547
Pleb detected.
>>
File: Happy.gif (2.2 MB, 352x200)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB GIF
>>2307373
Submissive musclegirl lesbianism.
>>
>>2307534
This is about 70% of it, I'd say. 20% is probably to do with how 4chan understands "yuri": the connotation is usually cutesy girls doing cutesy things with a hefty dash of "girls-can't-love-girls" drama that eventually gets handwaved.

The other 10% is probably people having a legitimate aversion to any mention of homosexuality.
>>
>>2307534
Maybe I just don't get out enough, but I've also not seen these fabled "yuri fags pushing for their way" while perusing and/or participating in quests. This is the explanation most often trotted out for it, but their actual existence seems far rarer than the people who throw hissy fits over it.

It's not dissimilar to how /tg/ bitched about quests taking up all the catalogue/front page real estate.
>>
File: vlan.png (796 KB, 559x797)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
continuing school quest in a new thread

>>2308130
>>2308130
>>2308130
>>
>>2308152
At a certain point whether it IS happening becomes irrelevant. It has happened in the past and when people start thinking that it's happening again they respond with what that anon called "Newtonian faggotry". At least that's how I see it.
>>
>TFW the FeMCs of my quest were musclegirls
>MFW nobody complained and /u/-shipping wasn't really discussed seriously

Hot damn, questing really has changed since I left.
>>
File: 1518474929708.png (2 KB, 160x192)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>2308192
Forgot my picture.
>>
Why is /qst/ and /tg/ incapable of picking chad backgrounds in character creation?

In the original predator quest cunning instead of strength or dexterity overwhelmingly won.

Now in Hunter Quest, out of these three options:

>[A] - Your strength, size, and resilience made you a fearsome opponent in the duels which formed a large part of your training. Sometimes, your fellow sucklings would attempt to block your imminent blows, only for them to break their weapons and bring them crashing down to the ground. You remember how you won the mock gladiatorial games at your dojo, your face and body bruised and from all the blows you had weathered. Your injuries did not stop you from claiming victory. You also remember how the few times your mentor allowed you to train with heavy weaponry at the shooting grounds you handled them more easily than your fellow students.

>[B] - Your agility, speed, and reflexes were shocking in the duels which formed a large part of your training, where more often than not you blocked or evaded the attacks of your opponents. When they attempted to do the same and block a blow aimed at their head, they suddenly found themselves struck in the gut. You remember the marksmanship contest which you won. You did not miss a single reflex disc with your plasma caster even as they moved by you incredibly quickly.

>[C] - Your cunning and perception were noticeable in the duels which formed a large part of your training. It seemed that for each opponent you faced, you were able to find the weak spots in their fighting styles, which you then exploited to win. You remember how you staged a masterful ambush of the enemy team during a game of Seize-The-Elder, where most of the enemy was disabled by your wire triggered traps, lying battered on the ground after being stricken by a log and wretching in disgust after being splattered with foul-smelling fruit. After you found the Elder had escaped, you managed to see what others could not and track him down.

Cunning, again, overwhelmingly won.
Why do people want to play the same shit? Is it because Chad was buff in highschool, so they pick the school shooter backgrounds? It perplexes me. Sneaky and bookish characters always are chosen rather than the brutal ones.
>>
>>2308295
First off anon you have autism for not being able to figure this out yourself.
Second off its because of the belief/understanding that strength/speed will only get you so far, you can run into someone stronger or faster than you, or someone who was just able to outsmart you in a way to make your natural abilities worthless.
Whereas anons think by choosing to be cunning and smart they will avoid such situations and rather be the cause of them for others.
>>
>>2308295
Word format lends better to player interaction- you can get a lot more in-depth in terms of planning and the description and execution of said plans. Not to mention for most, you get a lot more enjoyable flavor out of it than your basic Mr. Strongguy punching the shit out of everything- which would likely be more entertaining in a moving visual formal.

At least, that's why I usually pick the sneaky/learned sorts.
>>
>>2308304
What do you do when the QM makes you come up with all the silk-tongued cunning you wanted to embody?
>>
>>2308312
...Come up with it? That's kinda the entire point of me picking such a character. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.
>>
>>2308295
I would say it's because people around here (and tg before that for that matter) liked to think of unique and clever ways out of a problem; often to game their way into easy mode whether they were aware of that or not.

Whether they actually come up with something clever is entirely scattershot, though.

If I were to do something like though I absolutely wouldn't include "intelligence" as a choice. People try to smartass their way through things anyways so I'd say have a smart chad instead of a smart faggot.

If I were to provide an example of a brawn over brains character, and how to do them, as well as how a playerbase sometimes does them wrong, I would easily point to Orion from Lamplighter. He's basically a zealot in armor who sets things on fire and hits them with sticks, but even then people have a tendency to try and have him execute plans that are far too smart for him. I should say, smart, not cunning, because even a dipshit can be cunning, but when you start planning around things the character wouldn't know or think in ways they wouldn't think then you're doing it wrong.

>>2308312
In my limited experience when anon tries to play "silk tongued cunning" they become "autist."

Don't ask me to list off autistic MCs because we'd be here all day.
>>
File: angry cat noise.png (393 KB, 986x1187)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
>anons pick smart and cunning build
>votes for MC to do stupid things
>>
File: Stinger2.jpg (49 KB, 459x750)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Come play as Alice Cherna, a regular high school girl who might be just a bit spookier than is average. Plus she's got an invisible friend that lives in her head, soul-eating powers, and a menagerie of unusual characters who are trying to court her.

>>2308311
>>2308311
>>2308311

Spooky Girl Continues.
>>
>>2308192
It's a good thing you left.

>>2308295
Players prefer le smart and crafty option to what they perceive as "Grug smash all problem with rock." I've seen them pick agile, but it's not really popular. I guess they just think that's a boring playstyle.

Flourescent lightbulbs aren't full of poison, are they?
>>
>>2308321
>votes for MC to do stupid things
They'll invariably do this.

>>2308318
>Don't ask me to list off autistic MCs because we'd be here all day.
Do it, I dare you.

>>2308324
Ah yes, I remember when Clayface was the Pope.
>>
>>2307506
It's less yuri and more yurifags being obnoxious. Sometimes girls can be friends and not want to jump each other's bones, but that fact seems to be lost on them. That said though, I've seen it much less on /qst/ nowadays so it hasn't been a problem. Maybe they are all contained in XS's quests?
>>
>>2308295
>char gen
>>
>>2308346
>they are all contained in XS's quests?
Are Pokemon Quests not all terrible yuri fests anymore?
>>
>>2308352
Haven't read them but knowing Gobble and that playerbase they probably are.
>>
>>2308352
its hard for the MC to be a lesbian when's he a man but they'll probably find a way
>>
>>2308346
XS wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind, if it got more players.
>>
>>2308351
What is wrong with it?
Sure, it is shit if it is something like
>Name
>Race
>Sex
>Age
>Background
Straight from the OP, but if they just choose from stuff the QM has selected, all of which he would like to write, seems fine to me.
>>2308325
I guess Warlord Quest has a Grug kind of MC, but it doesn't appeal to me for some reason.
Still, Grug is underrated. More Grug MCs please.
>>
>>2308431
>What is wrong with it?
Picking background/play-style isn't that heinous.

>More Grug MCs please.
Great, now someone's going to make a 2 post Grug Quest with Wojak as an OP pic.

More Grugesque MCs would be fun though.
>>
>>2308295
The primary MC of Mecha Space Pirate Quest is literally Chad. He wins by punching things both inside and outside his mech. He is so good at punching things he only started carrying a firearm because his old boss told him to and it's almost purely for show.

The Anons chose this...

Okay to be fair they also min maxed the shit out of his charisma so they could smooth talk their way out of everything and get all the bitches. Not sure if that counts as being cunning though.
>>
>>2308464
Man anons weren't kidding when they said that quest is a total power fantasy.
>>
>>2308464
>Not sure if that counts as being cunning though.
I wouldn't say so, it's just gaming the system.

>>2308482
It took time to become a power fantasy, but the dice constantly critting didn't help.
>>
>>2308482
No shit you autist, all interactive forms of media turn into escapism and power fantasy. Would you play a quest about working 9-5 and the local walmart where your manager overworks you but you can't fight him on it because he'll just fire you and then you won't make rent?
>>
>>2308482
They're not wrong but... It's more than that. It's quite well written, the backstory is well thought out and there's enough stuff going on with multiple plot threads and side characters to make it engaging despite the blatant power fantasy elements. I rolled my eyes at the bullshit the MC gets away with, but I also want to know what happens next.

In short it reads like an epic space opera anime.
>>
>>2308501
This is perhaps the most depressing rationalization for enjoying stories that I have ever seen.
>>
>>2308505
Any other form of media is just power fantasy anon
>>
>>2308501
Projecting a little? You can have interesting games or whatever without needing to go on a power trip. Character interactions, unique gameplay, interesting lore, there's more than one way to create intrigue and fun.
>>
>>2308508
All of that is power fantasy and escapism, as lord of deciding things related to quests those are wrong bad and you have to stop.
>>
>>2308501
>>2308506
What about all the media that has a downer ending? Or where the good guys lose?
>>
>>2308515
Power fantasy and escapism, because the reader/viewer still gets to pretend they were important even if they lost.
>>
>>2308515
Yes, for example, The Plane Scene.
>>
>>2308504
>it reads like an epic space opera anime.
That's a good way to describe it, it isn't a mecha quest, it's a space opera quest. Space operas are meant to be over the top and somewhat corny.

>>2308515
It's still escapism, but it's not power fantasy. Pretty much every work of fiction, and a lot of works of non-fiction are escapism.
>>
>>2308517
>The Plane Scene.
But the good guys win, Bane is clearly in the right.
>>
>>2308516
Well, in that view all fiction is escapism, aside from maybe literature which is consumed for the "aesthetic experience", when you empathize with all the characters without seeing yourself as them.
I'd say quests are better than other forms of escapism because there is more creative opportunity for the players, to suggest courses of action and whatnot.
>>
>>2308523
All forms of fiction are a cancerous blight upon society.
>>
>>2308482
I'd say that power fantasies aren't bad; however, I would say that a power fantasy where you never lose is awful. There's no drama if you do nothing but win and never suffer.

That and suffering is fun on its own.

On the subject of Mecha Space Pirate, I know absolutely fucking nothing about it (besides that whoever makes the fucking OP pics needs to learn how to properly cut out images, fucking holy shit they're so obviously hideous chop jobs) except that it is space politics with big ships and robots, and that it has a harem. Now, I also have no idea if it does a harem well, but harems in general, imo, are sort of another "can't lose" state.

Wow, you can have all of them! And nobody will complain! What drama. Whether this applies to MSP, again, I couldn't tell you, but if it does, then I'd say that's classic droll haremshit.

Not that I expect quests to do romance well in any case. My favorite quests basically don't do romantic development at all, and only have established relationships or developing platonic ones. The quest I run does romantic development, but if you ask me (and anybody else) that development is an utter shitshow that nobody actually likes.

Which prompts me to ask in general if anybody has a romance they like in a quest, or if not, one that they fucking hate, just to get more info on this subject.
>>
>>2308516
What about those movies about sad everymen who try to not be sad only to find out that they can't escape the sad.

Or the entire cosmic horror genre.
>>
>>2308529
>if it does a harem well
Better than average but it's still the weakest part of the quest.

>if anybody has a romance they like in a quest
Not that I can think of, unless you count the love Palpatine has for UNLIMITED POWAHH in Dark Empire Quest.
>>
>>2308532
Power fantasy and escapism.
They were still the main character even if their journey meant little or even nothing at all.

when do you understand my point is to not be a cocksucking faggot who tries to police what other people are allowed to enjoy?
>>
File: laughing moe.gif (253 KB, 480x270)
253 KB
253 KB GIF
>>2308532
>Or the entire cosmic horror genre.
He doesn't self-insert into the Lovecraftian monstrosities.
>>
>>2308529
>Trusting anons to handle any kind of romantic relationship
>>
>>2308529
I enjoy romance happening in quests, as long as it's developed properly. Unfortunately I also find myself frustrated with the other people playing when they screw up relationships and pretend to be a retard like they don't understand why doing Thing was a bad idea.

It's an unfortunate catch-22. I think the most important thing to take into account with romance in quests is that it doesn't need to take center stage. If your quest is about romance and relationships, that's one thing and there's plenty of potential for that. If it's not, if you're focusing on some greater story or motive, then don't try and shoehorn romance into the spotlight. You can have it develop on the side, and naturally, as time goes on.

Also, the best romances are rocky. A fairytale couple that never seriously fight or clash is boring. It's not a romance if your potential partner exists just to be waifu-bait, you've got to earn that shit and have it earned in turn.
>>
>>2308535
When you fucking tell me that's what your point was instead of triggering my autism with your over-generalisations
>>
>>2308542
>not being able to tell when someone is merely pretending to be the moral police
>>
File: Spoiler Image (40 KB, 349x642)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2308543
>>
>>2308543
I just read the post chain again. Yes okay I was being a faggot... Still wondering if cosmic horror is a power fantasy...
>>
>>2308540
The only quests I remember focusing on romance were ones on /a/ or from there.
>>
>>2308553
>Still wondering if cosmic horror is a power fantasy...
>>2308536
>>
>>2308553
When done incorrectly yes, when done correctly where all the main characters work is dashed at their feet as its revealed they are a speck of dust in the cosmic order, no.
>>
>>2308560
That doesn't work too well for an interactive story though.
>>
>>2308572
I agree
>>
File: Votf.jpg (165 KB, 433x359)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Has there ever been a good Fallout Quest?
>>
>>2308582
Not one which lasted.
There was one where you played as some kind of droid which was well-written. I didn't follow it actively though.
>>
>>2308582
I can't remember any quests that lasted long enough to qualify as good or bad.
>>
>>2308431
First of all, memes. I didn't actually read it, I just saw someone complaining about char gen when we've been through so many iterations of telling people why char gen is bad and yet people keep doing it.

But if you're taking the effort on me, I'll do the same.

In that choice, the thing front and center isn't the background itself, but which of the 3 ideals you arbitrarily prefer. That's the same as picking a weapon, that's the same as picking a hair color. It doesn't fucking matter since noone is knee-deep in the QM's interpretation of the setting.

But okay, the background is supposedly more important. It tells you who the MC will be. Sure. So...why not just have char select? Hiding behind a background takes more words and gives a blurrier picture of who the person is than a straight char select.
>>
>>2308622
I'm actually the QM of that quest so I can answer why I did some stuff.
That wasn't even the first chargen option. The first was the MC "mentally preparing" himself for his coming trial. The players had a choice between good old bug hunt and hunting down renegades of their own race.
The option which was posted here happened after that. I wrote that the MC basically remembered what he was most proud of in his training as he walked to his mentor in the training grounds. Isn't it more immersive to have it phrased like that rather having OOC chargen at the start of the thread? The blurriness is good IMO because later on is when I planned to reveal (or rather come up with) things about the main character not immediately relevant to his trial.
And as for why I had the names of those skills or qualities front and center... it is just tradition. The quest which I am making a homage to or rather ripping off started with that. You can take a look at the differences between the first threads of each. They are largely identical in some places.
>>2274803
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/24310462/
Yea... I don't really compare to the real thing, they finished thread 1 in one day, and it took me a week and a half, but I tried!
And it is not the same as picking a weapon or hair color because those things wouldn't significantly affect how I write the character in the future, and how I judge the difficulties of certain actions.

But hey, I welcome a review, /qtg/. How do I measure up to the old PredQuest?
>>
>>2308699
>How do I measure up to the old PredQuest?
Better than nothing.
>>
>>2308699
I think you're misunderstanding what I mean by blurriness.

>planned to reveal...
Here's a question: if you did a simple name, one-liner representing their overall tone, then mention a little bit of the background when the choice gets picked, what things are you PREVENTED from "revealing later on"?

>tradition
eh. I accept it as an answer, but I can't say I agree. Personal opinion, though.
>>
Check this out. Isn't bad.
>>2308513
>>
>>2308773
Ree I'm always the only guy responding in quests I like.
Which reminds me I have to come up with Bants for this Trump Quest updat... No one has responded yet and by now the QM has probably committed suicide.

Why must I bear this burden, making sure all the good quests on this board don't die?
>>
>>2308803
>Trump Quest
>Good
>>
>>2308807
That shit is funny, even if you voted for Hillary.
Is /qst/ more left-wing than other boards?
And man, in that quest, I might as well get an assistant QM title because I came up with probably four times as many dialogue options as anyone else.
>>
>>2308773
>>2308803
>this is my first quest
>this quest is about

well it doesn't look very good on the catalog, I can say that much
>>
>>2308821
Yea, but it is his first quest. How is he supposed to know saying "it's my first quest" in his first quest is a bad idea?
It's caught my interest, for whatever reason.
>>
>>2308813
No, I'm very right-wing I just don't like quests that have a meme concept.

>>2308829
Don't say it at the very beginning, say it after the first vote or after the OP. There should be multiple posts in the OP though.
>>
>>2308838
>I just don't like quests that have a meme concept.
Just for you maybe I'll run a CIA quest later.
>>
>>2308841
>for you
I see what you did there. And I like memes, the good ones at least, they're just poor concepts to build quests on.
>>
>>2308829
Never say it's your first quest and hell don't even do any meta shit in the beginning. Just open up with the narrative and try to hook people.
>>
>>2308900
Yea, I know that. It was obvious from me to the start, but sometimes people make a mistake in talking about meta shit in the OP but still end up running a good quest.
>>
>>2308829
honestly? By lurking even a tiny bit. Half the problems of nuQMs would be solved if they looked at literally any quest at all and decided what bits looked wrong and what bits looked good.
>>
>>2308929
>literally any quest at all
What if they have shit taste?
>>
>>2308813
>wanting any kind of /pol/ here, whether left, right, up, down, A, B, or Start
>>
>>2308963
Did you even read the quest? The writing is actually good and humorous.
>A lone wanderer walks forward, loudly clapping to himself. His face is hidden under a hood, his stature short and back crooked. The crowd parts, not wanting to be too close to the peculiar stranger. The man laughs to himself, and addresses the angel.

>"Who do you think you are, pal? One of us? You don't know what the hell you're talking about, you angels have never lived a life as a man. You have no experience leading these people! Not like me." the stranger throws off his cloak, revealing a beaked, reptilian face and hard terrapin back. The crowd shrieks in horror.

>"It's Jebbarus, the Tortoise King! He sold his soul to the demons to become a terrible creature and lead the nation as a king himself!"
then
>"Behold, you scoundrel mil-yun-aires and bil-yun-aires---I am the demon spirit known as The Bern!" The old man rises up, elevated on a pillar of fire. His white sideburns grow infinitely long, tickling the sleeping villagers into being woke. "Wake up, people! Don't you see what these damned mil-yun-aires and bil-yun-aires are doing? They don't care about you! Join me, and you'll be taken care of for life! Imagine it -- free healthcare, free tutors, free food, everything free!"

>"What....are you.....doing here....Bern?"

>"What does it look like you damned mil-yun-aire? I'm freeing the people! They've been ignorant their whole lives!"

And finally

>“You think you can be king?” The rat man paces back and forth, approaching bystanders who refuse to leave. “You don’t know anything about these people! I’m a family man, see?” The rat pulls back his robe and grabs a nearby woman, kissing her sloppily on the mouth. “See this woman here? She loves me! She loves me because I’m family!” The woman dry heaves as the rat man goes elsewhere. “These are my parents, here. Even after I sold my soul to become a rat man, I stuck around to help them out! Because I value my kin! And I will value these people like my kin!”

This shit is gold! I just don't have the motivation to come up with the next dialogue option.
>>
File: abandoned.gif (778 KB, 244x300)
778 KB
778 KB GIF
Why did you abandon your quest?
>>
>>2308980
Burned out "hiatused" it, did a bunch of terrible shit and killed the base.

>>2308972
That's pretty juvenile and base humor. Also what >>2308963 said.
>>
>>2308958
Then the quest they'll make will be for the same shit taste audience?
>>
>>2308997
Such a snob for someone who reads quests and likes baneposting.
>>
>>2309001
Baneposting is a universal language.
>>
>>2308972
That's fucking dumb.
>>
>>2309025
Shit taste.
>>
>>2309040
Yeah, whoever wrote that does have shit taste
>>
>>2309048
Do you like anime or something?
>>
>>2309055
You've said you're the only person even posting in that Trump quest, you're not right.
>>
>>2309055
I like lots of things. I think this: >>2308972
is stupider than a /r9k/ copypasta. I don't see how anyone can find it funny unless they wrote it themselves.
>>
>>2309059
>>2309058
I guess I'm just still in the old /qtg/ which preferred Waifu Quest to Tax Quest, and read GermanSchteel quests unironically.
>>
>>2308980
Because I am a terrible person who didn't deserve my 1 player.
>>
>>2309065
Are you implying that this is better than a GermanSchteel quest, or on the same level as a GermanSchteel quest?

Because it's not, it's, and may Allah forgive me for uttering this name, on a lower level than a SOMNIUS quest.
>>
>>2309083
I guess I just don't understand you guys.
I would put that Trump Quest above 99 percent of quests in terms of quality.
I've been shitposting all day. Time to sleep.
>>
File: 1332137672003.jpg (92 KB, 555x545)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2308540
>when your players keep trying to force sex/romance into the game even when its not contextual
>>
>>2309211
>when your QM AND majority of players keep trying to force sex/romance into the game even when its not contextual
>>
>>2309219
Your QM is probably just playing to his crowd
>>
>>2309265
Whether you're right or not, both conclusions are not good for me.
>>
>>2308482
Dice made it a power fantasy, most of the fights we were in were way out of our league and we literally lucked our way to victory plenty of times.
>>
>>2305317
Fuck Hibari and fuck tsunderes
>>
>>2308529
The thing is it actually makes sense for the mc to have one in this. The girls also have their own opinions on the other girls ranging from being best friends to literally wanting to kill some of them so it's nowhere near an ideal situation.
>>
>>2308516
>>2308516
>the plague is a power fantasy

really makes you think
>>
>>2308980
some just petered out, some had cunt players, some I took too long to update and was ashamed and so didn't return
>>
>>2309092
>Hey guys why you all avoiding meme quest, I swear its good.
>I wonder why nobody agrees with the only player of meme quest.
>Why does everybody except from me have shit taste?
>>
>>2309211
>when your players actively ignore sex/romance wherever offered to focus on their duties
And because they hate what their waifus have become
>>
File: 1476985739382.jpg (69 KB, 699x485)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2309211
>>when your players keep trying to force sex/romance into the game even when its not consensual
>>
>>2305001

> Are you bitter that your players don't like your personal best girl? Why didn't you make her first girl?

Technically, I've done my best to make every girl best girl. In order to write a girl convincingly, you must learn how to love your players a little. Every heroine has her own neuroses and lovable aspects, it's really all about who you decide on. The path of true love never runs smooth, though.
>>
>>2308980
Because I wasn't fast enough with updates to run on /tg/ back in the day and because I wasn't experienced enough to deal with a player dynamic.
>>
>>2308295

JQOP tends to write Chad protagonists, weirdly enough. His oneshots are all about protagonists who smash their way through problems, except the Madoka one. Meanwhile Red Joker became a rather vicious shoujo lead, you know the kind.
>>
File: elf slave.jpg (126 KB, 565x800)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>Are you bitter that your players don't like your personal best girl? Why didn't you make her first girl?
Because my personal best girl, for the most part, fills in the antagonist/villain role. I would much rather have the playerbase hate her than love her.
>>
>>2309092
>I guess I just don't understand you guys.
>I would put that Trump Quest above 99 percent of quests in terms of quality.
>I've been shitposting all day. Time to sleep.
>guy who shitposts all day until he has to sleep doesn't understand why one-note sophomoric, obvious mockery of a quest isn't the height of popularity.
Yep.
That nutshells it nicely.
>>
>>2309903
>posting elf slave
Shameless.
>>
Wizard Apprentice OP where's my thread?
>>
>>2310098
>He can't tell which qms are giant flakes instantly
>>
>>2310204
You think the QM behind Gothic Quest will come back?
>>
File: 1498883807400.jpg (688 KB, 1200x1600)
688 KB
688 KB JPG
Do you guys think we've got too many Star Wars/Pokemon/DC Comics quests? What can we do to write more interesting quests in more niche settings?

I've got a fun little idea for a Pokemon Trainer quest but I don't want to compete with arguably the most successful QM in here
>>
>>2310291
Just do it, unless there's a billion quests currently in that setting, it should be fine.
>>
>>2309983
What can I say? I enjoy the finer things in life.
>>2310291
There's only one good Star Wars quest. You can guess which one it is.
I haven't even noticed a single Pokemon quest. Do they exist?
As for the DC, what is there aside from that Teen Titan one? I haven't opened it anyway since I dislike comics.

Oh, is the pokemon quest the one with the girl leaning on the Toucan? There's no way I'm opening something with such an anime OP pic.
>What can we do to write more interesting quests in more niche settings?
I don't know. Maybe I'll binge Robert E. Howard stories and run a Conan or Kull type quest. We seem to be missing that sort of thing.
>>
>>2310311
>There's only one good Star Wars quest. You can guess which one it is.
From you're tastes I'm guessing it's the one starring "Tyronius Black?"
>>
>>2310315
No... I stopped reading that when that meme name was picked.
The difference between that quest and Trump Quest is the Trump was made with memes in mind from the beginning. The memes weren't forced in by a dumb vote.
Im obviously talking about A Fragile Balance.
>>
At what point do you drop a quest because of the qm being a humongous flake?
>>
>>2310350
Feudal Civilization Quest begins. In the rugged land of Cerlant, tensions are rising between the Terlanx conquerors and their Cerlanti subjects.
>>
>>2310368
Never.
The hope will stay in my heart until my last day.
Riz please come back!
>>
>>2310368
Depends on my investment level and if they keep talking on Twitter about being flaky so I know they exist. Radio silence is the worst.
>>
>>2305001
Thread 7 Session 1 Starting now!

>>2310378
>>2310378
>>2310378

QM question: My favorite side character to write so far has probably been Hans Konig, (aka KampfyKommandant). /pol/ is fun to write because you can do a lot of silly shit with them. I will probably write another intermission from his POV soon, if I can scrounge up any spare time that is...
>>
>>2310382
Are you Rizlust anon
>>
>>2310444
There is a Rizlust anon?
>>
>>2310448
there's a guy who wants to plow Riz but only if he turns out to be a girl fat chance
>>
>>2310455
Who is Riz?
>>
>>2310455
Huh.
No, I just want Valen back.
I thought Riz was a girl? Based on an ask.fm answer.
>>
>>2310458
QM of Valen Quest, which is absolutely great and hellishly hard.
>>
>>2310462
You can't really call a quest hard, anon. Or are you trying to say it's the Dark Souls of Quests?
>>
>>2310462
I'm still sad Valiance Quest died.
Jesus Christ I've been here for too long. Why am I still here?
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/31369122/
>>
>>2310448
>Rizlust
I'm howling with laughter.
>>
>>2310475
Well, the quest has a ton of ways to fail, and anons fail much more than succeed, so I would say that means it's hard.
>>
Wondering, would people prefer to play as an initiate or someone thrust into their role by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
>>2310489
Honestly either is fine for me. Two different styles of characters that can be good or bad depending on the QM and player's execution/writing.
>>
>>2310489
An initiate of what

Interpretive Dance?
Sandwich Making?
DUKW Tour Piloting?
>>
>>2310486
>Failing
>In quests
lol.
>>
>>2310486
By that metric, Earthbender Quest was the hardest quest in questing history.
>>
>>2310515
Have there ever been any QMs with the balls to just kill the MC if they roll poorly?
I don't mean in game like quests where the MCs are obviously disposable.
Imagine if you rolled poorly a few times in your favorite quest and the QM would just write "that's it, you die, quest over"
Most will pull stuff out of their ass until there is nothing left to find a way to save their beloved MC.
>>
>>2310493
>>2310494
Vanquisher Club, an entity wants humanity to prove their worth and sets them against two kinds of enemies, Lost Souls which are corrupted souls, and Twisted Souls which cannibalise Lost Souls to grow stronger.
>>
>>2310525
>if they roll poorly
That's usually seen as pretty poor QMing.
>>
>>2310531
So you're saying there is no one with the balls to pull out the old "rocks fall: you die". Just as I expected.
>>
>>2310525
I think Warlord had that happen? In conjunction with bad choices. But also >>2310531

If your QM kills you because of just bad rolls, your QM's a shit. I'm here to make choices, not live or die by the fate of the dice.
>>
>>2310532
Sominus. But less RNG and more he's tired of the quest and is going to kill you off.
>>
>>2310525
>being the modern version of "you are eaten by a gru"
Anon thats not how you qm
>>
>>2310525
That's the stuff, killing the MC usually spells an end to the quest, so QMs are understandably loathing t odo it. The trick is to have ways for the players to fail without the MC dying, and make them FEEL their failure.
Valen has these ways.
And even with that, we were one vote away from just fucking dying once.
>>
>>2310535
the DC for the infamous avatar quest killcheck was like 95 or some bullshit. Followed by "fall asleep and die". There was no rng there, just death.
>>
>>2310532
Rocks fall, you die is shitty storytelling. If the MC deserves to die it's because they've made poor choice upon poor choice that's lead them to an unwinnably bad end.

>>2310535
No, his roof collapsed on him :^)
Or was that when he fucked up bad in the DB Quest?

>>2310538
>Valen has these ways.
And they are?
>>
>>2310547
>Or was that when he fucked up bad in the DB Quest?
Man it's happened so many times I don't even remember. Pretty sure every MC in his avatar quest gets intimate with a rock.
>>
>>2310545
Damn, Somnius is based, almost as based as the guy who ran that lamia child quest bait and switch and killed the lamia MC in thread 1.
I subsisted off the tiers of those monstergirl-loving moefags for weeks.
>>
>>2310553
The first one got stabbed or something, didn't even have a name.

But I was talking about the time he ghosted his quest then went with the story that a car had hit his house and his roof fell on him. Or at least he never refuted it.
>>
>>2310545
I thought he ran DBZ Quest
>>
>>2310547
>And they are?
Killing beloved NPCs, making future challenges harder, closing off storylines and opportunities, making the players feel stupid, making the players feel like failures of human beings, likely also other things I can't recall right now.
>>
>>2310557
>Damn, Somnius is based
Go back to hell SOM.

>>2310562
He ran a lot of quests, Earthbender being the most recent he ran alongside DB Quest.
>>
>>2310563
>Killing beloved NPCs, making future challenges harder, closing off storylines and opportunities, making the players feel stupid, making the players feel like failures of human beings, likely also other things I can't recall right now.
That's not so hard, I've done that.

Where's my medal?
>>
>>2310569
You have to ask your players for that.
>>
>>2310571
But I hate them.
>>
>>2310461
trap, most likely
>>
File: is suffering.jpg (30 KB, 600x630)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2310594
Tbh if you don't want your players to go after a waifu, just make her a trap.
>>
>>2310602
They'll just waifu the qm.
>>
>>2310607
Treat them like complete and utter shit, make it clear you aren't being tsun, you're just being an asshole.
>>
>>2310609
Then you wouldn't have any players.
>>
>>2310616
There's a balance you can strike.
>>
So, I'm sorta new to /qst/ and I'm planning on making a Dark Souls quest. Any suggestions on how I should go about it?
>>
>>2310634
Make sure to preserve the sense of mystery, apprehension, and gloom. You're not going to translate the combat or whatever into words and mechanics, so focus on the atmosphere.
>>
>>2310634
Don't bother, dark souls doesn't lend itself well to quests, its a setting thats mostly just combat.
The best part of quests is discovering things, learning things, feeling as though you are making progress to your(the main characters) goal, theres very little gained from killing random bosses
>>
>>2310634
>So, I'm sorta new to /qst/ and I'm planning on making a X quest. Any suggestions on how I should go about it?
Read quests that you like and pay attention to what you like and how they do things.
Make the first post of your quest as engaging as possible in order for players to pick it from the catalog.
Never let the players generate a character that wouldn't want to run.
Be patient and persistent for as long as you can.
>>
>>2310525
>Have there ever been any QMs with the balls to just kill the MC if they roll poorly?
I would if it was the final straw.
As in, the final roll after a series of unfortunate events, decisions, and other bad rolls.
But my current quest is a capeshit quest, so true death is never fully on the table, as they ain't playing Ben Parker.

But failure and disaster? Oh yeah.
>>
back
>>2310638
>>
>>2308163
continuing

>>2308130
>>2308130
>>2308130
>>
>>2309893
>shoujo
Sorry, I don't watch anime aimed at young girls. What are some tropes involved?
>>
>>2310204
I wish I could tell. I've been disappointed so many times.
>>
>>2310291
We have too much fanfiction in general.
I'm not bashing the quality of the fanfiction quests, some of then have been quite good and I've enjoyed such quests in the past; it'd just be nice to have more OC. I understand it's a bit more thankless though, since players don't have an established setting for familiarity and meta-gaming. It is a bit intimidating both as a QM and a player, plus it's difficult in it's own right (not necessarily more or less difficult, just a different kind of difficult).
>>
>>2311128
the ones with an OC setting aren't very good at advertising to their strong points.

.....or knowing what to do with votes at all, judging from the last few weeks.
>>
File: sufficientvelocity1.png (336 KB, 2401x1200)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
Damn, SufficientVelocity is moderated by mega-SJWs. I think I'll stop reading quests there.
Check this shit out.
>>
File: whatIposted.jpg (183 KB, 823x1200)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>2311213
I think I will stick to sites where I can say nigger without getting banned. Being polite doesn't mean shit if you are sufficiently right wing.
>>
>>2311213
Funnily enough, this would clear out akun of so much shit it would be almost readable.
>>
>>2311216
I entered the political subforum and got banned within hours after posting for a week on the quest board.
I shudder to think what would happen if I revealed my power level in real life.
>>
>>2311211
Some examples would be appreciated
>>
>>2311228
That only around half(and that's being generous) bother to link through qtg at all, and neither put a proper hook here or in the catalog text?
>>
>>2311248
No no, I was referring to the other thing. I don't doubt that people just don't link or shill their stuff here, because, let's be honest, the effect is so variable as to both be recommended and futile at the same time.
>>
>>2311263
i'll think about doing it later, but no promises. I was mostly referring to people who by all rights should not be QMing attempting to QM, and flaking at the drop of the hat when they realize it isn't their thing.

.....so I would mostly have to find single thread ded quests, and that is a tiresome job.
>>
>>2311272
...Oh, those. Yeah, don't really need much examples of that, sadly. I figured you were referring to things that were established.
>>
>>2311113

Shoujo manga tend to have extremely competent male love interests (assassins, rock stars, athletes, doctors) who are also kind of dicks. They're very appealing, very 'alpha male' (no woman loves a loser) and their behaviour can go right up to 'sexy emotional abuse'.

Contrast Reinhold from PGQ who is fundamentally a nice guy inside and out, and is more of a traditional male lead.
>>
If I want to do a quest set in feudal Japan how much cheese pizza do I need to consume to make it as good as Rurouni Kenshin?
>>
How do you guys handle your journeying, you know. Level up system. I'm trying to get one down pat but I'm torn.
>>
>>2311282
It makes sense now. Thank you.

>>2311372
Wasn't Rurouni Kenshin set in the Meiji Era, which marked the close of the feudal era? I'm not well-versed in Nihon history.
Also... what does cheese pizza have to do with anything?
>>
>>2311443
>Level up system
Why do you feel you need one?
>>
>>2311457
search cheese pizza in urban dictionary, then search what scandal the author of rurouni kenshin went through.
>>
>>2311457
It's still a series about a Samurai/Ronin during an era of change.
>>
>>2311470
>Urban dictionary
Nah, I'm good, I've heard enough.
>>
>>2310602
>Tbh if you don't want your players to go after a waifu, just make her a trap.
Didn't work in MSPQ
>>
Why is Black company quest so METAL?
>>
>>2311457

>Also... what does cheese pizza have to do with anything?

The mangaka was apparently fingered for having child pornography on his computer. 'Cheese pizza' is a reference to the Pizzagate thing, where people believed that a child-prostitution ring was run out of a pizza store.
>>
>>2311808
Cheese pizza is a lot older than that. People have been using that phrase on the internet for years, since Child Porn and Cheese Pizza have the same initials
>>
>>2310821
I would, 100% but i feel like my players don't think i will. I should have made and killed a MC in the 1st week just to show how serious i am.
>>
>>2311813
Are you the Dark Souls of QMs anon?
>>
>>2311817
no
>>
>>2310525
It has been hinted that XS has no qualms about killing the characters. She definitely doesn't mind maiming, mutilating, hurting, abusing, or causing them emotional turmoil.
>>
>>2311813
Are you a fan of books written by GRRM?
>>
>>2311715
That's the one exception to the rule. Also, he made the shy, quiet girl a trap. It works best with more boisterous ones. And those horny waifufags will fuck anything that looks like a girl that isn't green or too evil.

>>2311813
Kill a major character, or one the players like to show how serious you are. It's best if you make them watch/feel powerless.
>>
>>2312272
We haven't seduced anyone in a while.
>>
>>2312318
You have as the side characters that sometimes get played.
>>
>>2312320
Not even, we never tried to seduce Tabitha and Amos has been committed to Irina since they got together.
>>
>>2310291
>I've got a fun little idea for a Pokemon Trainer quest but I don't want to compete with arguably the most successful QM in here
You could shelf it for now and run something other than the regular Pokemon shtick if you're that unsure of yourself.
Instead of a trainer, you could make a Pokemon Conquest Quest, now that would be distinctive from other Pokemon quests.

>What can we do to write more interesting quests in more niche settings?
>more niche settings
Wish someone would run a Resident Evil quest like the first games.
Have players explore some decrepit mansion/facility/part of a city filled with zombies and mutants, with limited resources and limited inventory, either as a civilian trying to simply survive it or as a guy on a mission either solo or with a squad.
That shit would be sweet.
>>
>>2312182
Nah, im a tolken man

>>2312272
I don't want to railroad a death

also

>can i fuck the ground?
>well what about this chair can i fuck this chair?
>what about this wall then? can i fuck this wall? does this wall have any big sloppy holes i can fuck?
Im a lewd man myself but i think some people dont understand that edging for 30 min is 100x better then poping after 30 sec
>>
>>2312516

Just throw a few mimics into the mix; that'll solve that issue.
>>
File: 1502636063663.jpg (37 KB, 400x392)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2312527
>I want to fuck this thing
>Roll for mimic
>Roll poorly and get dick bit off
>Can't fuck things for the remainder of quest
>>
>>2312553
>lose dick
>next thread "number of posters:0"

Its a hard game
>>
File: 1457124819393.png (2.07 MB, 1372x1352)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>2312558
>Lose dick
>Next thread starts an entire arc to get dick back either through magic or satanic rituals and if that doesn't work use science to build adamantium dick superior to other dicks in that it won't get bit off.
>>
>>2311372
Something similar to Rainan's Three Kingdoms Quest except it's set in the 1580s Sengoku Japan?
>>
File: potionmango.png (181 KB, 500x530)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
What would be the plot of a Potion Seller/Traveler Quest?
>>
>>2312607
The knight should be trying to get potions by any means necessary, if you have a potion and escape the town with it or drink it you win.
>>
>>2312623
Man, that would actually be difficult to set up.
I think the dialogue of the video would serve as the introduction. The quest itself would start right as he leaves the potion's shop with tears in his eyes. Then he will have to decide how to get the potions.

Maybe he can try to break into the potion seller's cellar with the aid of some thieves guild people in the town who want to steal and sell his potions.

I'm not sure what other options he has. He'll need to find a way to identify the potion he actually wants to take, too, to not undergo some awful transformation.

And maybe, getting caught by the Potion Seller would result in him deciding to take justice into his own hands using his many potions to aid his combat abilities.

I'm not sure it ever could really work as a quest, desu senpai.
>>
File: 1223452_large.jpg (223 KB, 940x528)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>2312607
>>2312648

The plot is already there.
You could always try it as some experimental oneshot thing both here and on Akun based around the interior of the shop only.
/qst/ plays the traveling knight that is going into battle and requires only the strongest potions and Akun plays the Potion Seller who curtly tells him that he can't handle his potions and he should shop elsewhere.
Knight must use his wits to try and get his potion
Potion seller must make sure the knight does not persuade him for his potions are of the strongest and he is clearly of the weakest.
You work their responses into each quest as if they were NPCs.
They roll against each other.
Back and forth until one of them has his spirit broken.

Probably would crash and burn since there's plenty of crossboarding between the sites but could be interesting for a single session
>>
>>2312579
Not as much politicking if I'm remembering that quest correctly. More of a 1560's Japan too.

I got reminded of the idea I've had for some time while skimming a previous qst.
>>
>>2312792
>qst
Qtg, though I suppose I've had the idea in my head since before qst was the only place for quests.
>>
Microscope on /qst/
Bad idea?
>>
>>2312813
Probably. Maybe a clusterfuck. Hardest part would be doing the scenes. Might be impossible.

I say: Try it.
>>
File: Yorkist Forces attack.jpg (84 KB, 782x577)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
It's Christmas Eve. A time for family, and togetherness. And unification of the Kingdom of England under a member of House Seymour.

>>2312979
>>2312979
>>2312979

War of the Roses Continues
>>
>>2312990
Hey boss, Star wars when? Rather not bug you in quest.
>>
>>2313028
It's around. I have three quests, including that one. I will not be starting anymore until they are all properly concluded. I can't tell you when that will be other than "in the future".

It's certainly not forgotten.
>>
>>2313043
Wait, Fucks the third one. You did star wars and then war of the roses.
>>
>>2313028
War of the Roses is pretty good, it's worth bothering him in.

>>2313043
Star Wars after Spooky Girl or after War of the Roses?
If it's 13 or 14 ABY now in DE Quest (I forget which you said), doesn't that mean there's no fetus for Palpatine to bodyhop into?
>>
>>2313050
He took over Spooky Girl from someone who flaked or something, I'm not sure on the specifics I don't actually read that quest.
>>
>>2313053
I more meant, hop in and detract from the other people actually there for the quest about another one that I was worried died
>>
>>2313062
Get involved in War of the Roses there's plenty of NTR to go around :^)
>>
>>2313050
>>2313053
>>2313057
>>2313062

>Spooky Girl
The black sheep of TK quests. I don't have a reaction image with enough shrugs. I enjoy it, it is what it is.

>Dark Empire Continuation
Will happen. I'd run it now if I had the time. I barely have time for the two I do run. At some point things were get shaken up and the line up will change.

>War of the Roses
Will likely be "episodic" and take breaks between episodes because, like Dark Empire, it takes a lot of planning and tracking to run well.

This is all TMI, but I'm just trying to be a bit more transparent. I do appreciate the enthusiasm!

Would a Dark Empire "reunion" Discord room be a fun idea? Please tell me why it wouldn't.
>>
>>2313077
I hate the concept of discord for quests, but I also allegedly hate fun.

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>2313077
Ah, Got ya boss.

We'd probably argue about who has the better Tech or Starfighters or something nerd.

>>2313082
Stop hating fun you fucking faggot.

>>2313064
You need to be tazed
>>
>>2308346
>It's less yuri and more yurifags being obnoxious. Sometimes girls can be friends and not want to jump each other's bones, but that fact seems to be lost on them.
You said the thing I wanted to have said.

Can't run a game with a female MC without at least half the players demanding that she seduce every female she encounters and then getting pissy when I ignore them because she's already established to be straight.
>>
>>2313084
>Stop hating fun you fucking faggot.
No, it killed my father and raped my mother.

>>2313085
Just don't write any other female characters.
>>
>>2313082
>I hate the concept of discord for quests

Most do. I had the wacky idea that it could be fun. Enthusiasm seems low. I won't sweat it.

Because what I really need are more avenues for being reminded that Dark Empire is still on hiatus.

>>2313084
>Spoiler
Most definitely. I could be relentlessly bullied for my thought over the new movies, and we could all end the day miserable.
>>
>>2313115
If you really want to I may consider joining, but the fact you don't hate the Last Jedi means you're my enemy.
>>
>>2313118
>Spoiler
Only a Sith deals in- oh. never mind, carry on.
>>
>>2313115
Goddamnit Boss.

Why are you like this, How can you like the new movies in any fashion. I bet you think Hitler was the worse person to ever exist.
>>
>>2313124
I could give you my real, detailed thoughts on all the movies, but I don't think this is the proper forum for long debate about movies and shit.

Suffice to say: they don't grievously offend me. They're fine. They have flaws, but nothing unforgivable.

If you're really interested in talking about it, you can hit me up on Twitter or discord or something and we can debate and rage all night.
>>
>>2313146
>I could give you my real, detailed thoughts on all the movies, but I don't think this is the proper forum for long debate about movies and shit.
Okay, make the discord. I want to see what drives a man to such shit taste.
>>
>>2313149
You know you can just DM people on Discord right
>>
>>2313159
This.

TimeKiller21

Feel free to chat or harass me or whatever.
>>
>>2313171
Wow your in nither of the Quest general discords.
>>
>"lets takes the conversation to my discord"
>anon writes a guide on how to kill /qst/.pdf
>>
>>2313175
I left. I'm in the one from OP again.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (52 KB, 400x266)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>2313190
Just trying not to fill the QTG with Star Wars Film discussion.
>>
>>2313190
>Thinking /qst/ isn't already kill
>>
In ten years if this place still exists and we're still here, you'll probably notice that all of the SW fanfic quests being run will be using George's canon, not this new Disney shit.
Nobody is going to run a quest with the First Order, or in that era. It is just a totally uncompelling setting.
Even now it is still all Legends. It is not merely inertia and slowness to adapt. It is out of dissatisfaction with the new material, the new themes, the direction taken with the story. I'd rather have a thousand cringy "you're not like sand, you're soft and smooth" quotes than what we got from Kathleen Kennedy and Rian.
>>
>>2313190
To be fair I really don't want to clog up QTG with a discussion about the Star Wars Sequels. That's a topic so toxic I wouldn't be surprised if it was being talked about in Akun's main chat right now.
>>
>>2313233
>Nobody is going to run a quest with the First Order, or in that era
Well, that one cunt is, but he's an uncompelling QM.
>>
Does anyone have an invite to the civ general discord?
>>
>>2313260
https://discord.gg/n6BxzX
>>
>>2313262
thanks
>>
File: zGHQb4O.gif (475 KB, 320x240)
475 KB
475 KB GIF
>>2313262
Do we really need any more discords?
>>
File: SxJXeTT.png (339 KB, 680x680)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>2313146
>Suffice to say: they don't grievously offend me. They're fine. They have flaws, but nothing unforgivable.
FUCKING NORMIE DISNEY SHILL!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2313236
What are you high? The simple act of talking about some off topic bullshit for 10 posts creates community and makes /qst/ a place people want to visit. Something like twitch TV wouldn't even be a thing without a chat function

Quests themselves are offtopic original content that got created by /tg/s thriving community. If you honestly think people come here just to read the quests youre off your rocker, the only quests that thrive here are ones where players start talking among themselves and discussing the quest or even off topic things.

But please, keep making discords lmao.
>>
>>2313293
If people really want to see /tv/ on /qst/ then let's hear what TimeShiller has to say about the Sequels.
>>
The Sequel Trilogy is superior to anything that came before for the simple reason that it actually has a message behind it - and an important one, at that. The originals and prequels are just "rawr white man smash other white man with shiny stick, big explosion." The sequel trilogy has things to say about the current political climate and encroaching fascism in America.
>>
>>2313323
>Dissing the CIS

I bet you fucking love the rebellion
>>
>>2313323
Star wars was never about political messages and pushing agendas like the Disney trilogy is doing. That fact alone makes the new trilogy inferior, without going into detail on how it throws all the previously established setting rules out the window + no actual character development, destroying Luke Skywalker as a character, and its mary sue issue.
>>
>>2313323
>>2313336
>>2313365
>falling for this bait
>>
>>2313369
I'd rather fall for a bait and prove it wrong than stay quiet like a good cuckboi.
>>
>>2313365
Well, there are political messages, but they're all pretty broad ones like "fascism is bad" or "don't let democracy be subverted and destroyed; especially by wizards" or "letting businesses become too powerful and giving them similar rights to states is corruption."
>>
>>2313323
>That'sBait.Gif

>>2313310
>Sequel thoughts

They're fine. They're not terrible trash like the prequels are. The characters are likable and not weird or boring. There's some fun action sequences and interesting visuals and 8 has made some pretty bold choices to try to stir things up and keep them from being re-hashes of the originals. But at the end of the day all they can do is tell the same story with some twists.

The hate toward these movies isn't deserved. You can dislike them for content, that's fine.

Empire > First Order any day, everyone will agree. But just because they don't measure up to the originals on every level doesn't mean they are terrible or trash.

>>2313365
I basically disagree with everything yo said to the point where I don't know if this is bait.

>Political messages
Episode 4 "We don't serve their kind here!" for instance. Hamfisted social commentary. Not to mention the numerous War on terror references in the prequels.

>Destroying Luke sky walker
I disagree on this, but that's really just interpretation of a character.

>Mary Sue
Who, Rey? Because I hear that a lot but I don't see it, she's hardly perfect and seems pretty analogous to Luke from the OT.

>>2313384
>>2313282
Wait, was this not satire? I assume this was. How deep are you, lad?
>>
>>2313391
>They're not terrible trash like the prequels are
And that's where I stopped reading.

There isn't a single line in the Prequels that's half as bad as Holdo's cockpit line. Also Jar Jar is legitimately a better character than Rose, at least he's meant to be hated.
>>
>>2313386
>or "letting businesses become too powerful and giving them similar rights to states is corruption."
This one is very timely, desu
>>
>>2313401
>at least he's meant to be hated.
Are prequel fags really this delusional? Jar-Jar was meant to be a lovable buffoon, his antics were meant to be endearing.
>>
The Star Wars sequels have no-joke very nearly brought my family to blows. My brother hates it with a passion and, while I don't love them unconditionally, I do get a sick enjoyment from needling him about it and defending it's strong points. It's visually fantastic for example, and I loved the B-52 WWII vibe in the new resistance bombers for example.

Our argument got out of hand at one point, and it is pretty much a taboo subject at the family dinner table or drinks with the boys.

>>2313323
>You
Enjoy
>>
>>2313417
>Jar-Jar was meant to be a lovable buffoon, his antics were meant to be endearing
He was the one that gave Palpatine emergency powers. That's not very endearing.
>>
>>2313401
hey man, to each their own. Though for the record Jar Jar was definitely not meant to be hated.

My biggest issue with the prequels is how they toy with pre-established Star Wars canon and make things confusing
>>
>>2313422
>It's visually fantastic
This is true. Canto Bight looked like shit but the rest of it is visually great.
>>
>>2313424
Have you not seen the clip of Lucas saying that Jar Jar is a "funnier character than we've ever had"? He's clearly intended as plucky comic relief.

>>2313422
The hero we need.

>>2313428
I actually liked the look of the Casino, though it was very out of place in the rest of the movie and the "war profiteering" angle was kind of ham fisted, although, that's Star Wars for you.
>>
>>2313427
>toy with pre-established Star Wars canon and make things confusing
The Sequels do this 10 times as much, even discounting the EU.

>>2313441
>plucky comic relief
He still puts the Empire into power. And even leaving that aside, he's comic relief. Mongolian Shrek is a serious character.

>kind of ham fisted
Not the right kind of ham fisted. It made Watto look subtle.
>>
>>2313457
>CanonWhat have the sequels retconned, canon wise? Remember that the EU doesn't count.

The prequels make the timeline janky and add extra confusion to certain references to the past. Han Solo literally does not believe in the force. There were Jedi 19 years before this. He was a ten year old when the Clone Wars were going on by prequel timeline. He forgot they existed? People collectively decided to ignore them?

It's confusing, should have been further back.

>Jar Jar
Regardless on if he makes good decisions he was NOT intended to be hated. Remember that nominating Palpatine is (I think) the very last thing he does in the prequels. I think George was trying to make him relevant.

>Ham fisted
well yeah, it was bad, but that doesn't make the prequels good.
>>
>>2313468
There were only 10,000 Jedi, I would be surprised if it wasn't said in the canon lore that some people didn't even believe in the Jedi when they were around.

>that doesn't make the prequels good.
They're better than the Sequels. Give me Hayden instead of Daisy any day. John Boyega isn't even bad but he's no Ewan McGregor.
>>
>>2313484
They led armies in a war and were heavily involved in galactic politics is the problem. I'd buy it if the were a reclusive order of monks, but they weren't.

And hey, to each their own. I won't tell you that what you like is wrong.
>>
>>2313391
>Episode 4 "We don't serve their kind here!" for instance. Hamfisted social commentary. Not to mention the numerous War on terror references in the prequels.
Isn't about political messages =/= not having political messages. The new Trilogy is all about political agenda pushing bullshittery. Try again.

>I disagree on this, but that's really just interpretation of a character.
Wrong; OT Luke Skywalker saw the goodness in Darth Vader and tried to save him at any cost. Disney Luke Skywalker tried to kill his Nephew at first sign of a potential fall to the dark side. They butchered and tarnished hid character. You can't argue that. You simply cannot.

>Who, Rey? Because I hear that a lot but I don't see it, she's hardly perfect and seems pretty analogous to Luke from the OT.
Wrong again; Luke spent years training under Ben and Yoda to become the Jedi Knight he is in RotK. Episode 7 and 8 span over 5 days - potentially a week - and during the course of this time Rey is shown to have the know-how to fly and repair the millennium falcon without prior experience with it, every single OT character likes her, She has no inherent flaws, and she quite literally breaks the setting rules established in the previous 6 movies by using force abilities without prior training.

GTFO of my face with your shit-tier taste and while you're at it, mcfucking kill yourself.
>>
>>2313489
Han lived on a space station/ship for the early part of his life, I know the Solo movie is changing the parts of his life covered in the Solo trilogy of books, which is really good by the way legitimately good, but I'm not sure his childhood has changed too drastically.
>>
>>2313495
>Han lived on a space station/ship for the early part of his life
He lived on Corellia, a major core world.
>>
>>2313494
>You can't argue that. You simply cannot.
I could but I'm not going to bother, too much open to interpretation. Luke had ab reif moment of weakness, he's had those before, like when he viciously hacked off his father's hand. Whoops, I accidentally argued it.

> Luke spent years training under Ben and Yoda

When was this? He spent 5 minutes on the falcon and like maybe a few days on Dagobah, then left and only came back when Yoda fucking died.

And everyone liked Luke too aside from some very breief friction in ep 4. I mean, I just don't think it's a big deal to have main characters like each other. Star Trek did it just fine. Main characters can all be friends. It's maybe not the best way to tell a story, but it's okay. And YES I know the Star Trek crew had their differences. it just doesn't automatically = Mary Sue.

Keep in mind that when Luke moves his lightsaber in Empire he did so with no training on how to do that. I think you overestimate how much time Luke was trained for.

It's honestly not a big deal. She's also a little rash like Luke was in making dumb decisions and things. It really don't bother me, she's a likable character. It's fine.

Also, are you that guy who had that big melt down here and posted individual insults to everyone who talked to you? It was a little while back.

>>2313495
Yeah, but he's not a total clueless bumpkin. Luke WAS a total clueless bumpkin and knew about the Jedi. I just think it's too much of a stretch that he's a TOTAL force atheist when there was hard proof well within his lifetime. Doesn't add up.
>>
>>2313518
>a total clueless bumpkin and knew about the Jedi
He also had friends running off to join the Rebellion and the people raising him were related to Darth Vader by marriage.

And having never seen a Jedi in action one could assume they were simply superhuman or altered beings like General Grievous.

>He spent 5 minutes on the falcon and like maybe a few days on Dagobah
He's still hardened by years of fighting in the Galactic Civil War and has actual experience as a pilot.

>he viciously hacked off his father's hand
When he was in the presence of the strongest Dark Sider in the galaxy and being taunted simultaneously by Vader and Sidious while being attacked by Vader? That's not like waking up one night and deciding to waste his autistic nephew at all.
>>
>Unironically defending the sequel trilogy.

Look TFA and R1 had some decent moments but after TLJ the whole thing is fucked.
>>
>>2313540
>Jedi
It's possible I guess, just a bit less likely I think. A New Hope made it seem as if the Jedi were forgotten, but with a timeline like that it's hard to imagine people, galaxy wide, forgetting something so huge in less than 2 decades. I think the timelines for the prequels are very wrong.

>Training
Being a good soldier/pilot =/= being a good Jedi. Yoda even told him he had to unlearn what he had learned. It's just as much of a stretch that Luke as good as it is that Rey is good at it. You could make the same argument about Rey and a life of struggle on Jakku.

>Vader attack
It's true, they're different, but by his own admission it was a fleeting thought, not a pre-meditated plan. I think it was just a moment of weakness at the worst time, I don't think Luke woke up and went down there to murder him, but I forget what exactly he said.
>>
>>2313323
Wasn't the prequel trilogy kind of anti-Bush or something? I never saw the connection but that's what I've heard.
>>
>>2313554
I can agree with this, and Solo will be even worse.

>>2313565
That's why a lot of the EU was good and necessary, it rationalizes a lot of this.

>Training
I wasn't really going into Jedi training, just everything else Rey is irrationally good at.

>I don't think Luke woke up and went down there to murder him
Pretty much, he thought about it, but not for much time at all. He didn't even talk to all those ghosts about it.

They fucked up Yoda's character too. Qui-Gon would have made more sense in that role.
>>
>>2313571
It can be seen that way, but it's not nearly as overt or purposeful as the Sequels are.

There are other points in history that align with the Prequels better than the Iraq War.
>>
Have there been any Survivor Quests or Builders?
>>
I'm new, what quest should I start with? Something that I can understand and get into easily.
>>
What we need is MORE Star Wars arguments. Those are never annoying
>>
>>2313592
Colonial Marines Quest
Summer Land Saga
>>2308513
>>
>>2313518
>Whoops, I accidentally argued it.
Not at all. It would have been a valid argument had Luke killed Vader, but he didn't because he still thought his father could be saved. Claiming wanting to kill his nephew to be a 'moment of weakness' has no ground.

>When was this?
It takes the Empire 4 years to build the second death star, meaning Luke still had a LOT more training than Rey needed to perform the same feats. Try again.

>And everyone liked Luke too aside from some very breief friction in ep 4.
How is that any same to a character that easily wins over characters from a previous trilogy? Luke starts off as a brat and becomes a wise Jedi - Rey remains the same character from the first time we see her on Jakku to the end of TLJ. She is a Mary sue with zero development.

How can you be such a blind shill, or are you masterly pretending to be this retarded?
>>
>>2313554
They're not that bad. Some problems, but not that bad. For the record, I still vastly prefer the originals, I just think the sequels get more hate than they deserve on their merits as movies.

>>2313571
It was. Some paralells to fighting a mysterious enemy in a war to consolidate power and things like "You're either with me or your my enemy." I don't agree, but I see the comparison.

>>2313580
Solo is going to be garbage. The Obi Wan movie is going to be even more garbage. I hold some hope for the stand alone trilogies, but we'll see. Star Wars doesn't have a lot of stories that can really be told well in movie format.

>EU
Some EU was great (Thrawn)
And some had Warru in it.
Not to mention the books that blatantly contradict the prequels that came later and made everything super confusing. Children of the Jedi is a classic example.

>everything else Rey is irrationally good at

I mean, Luke was practically an Ace fighter pilot on Day 1. Sure he flew before, but that's not combat experience. I just chalk it up to the Force.

>Yoda

Except that Qui Gonn is a boring ass character with no defining traits other than making really bad decisions. I think they did get Yoda a little wrong, but it was kind of like a wise, flippant monk/priest thing going on which is the same way he appeared to Luke initially, I didn't mind.

>Luke had killed Vader
I mean, he would have if that arm had been his face instead. It wasn't like he consciously decided to only go ape shit on his hand.

>4 years to build the second death star
Except that Luke didn't see either Yoda or Ben in that time frame.

>Mary sue

Zero development = flat character. Not a Mary Sue. Remember we're only 2 movies in. Luke was still a whiny, stubborn brat in Empire. The events of that movie change him.

And you are definitely that guy, aren't you? Just looking for a yes/no on that one.
>>
>>2313592
Anything genre or something you looking for specifically? Do you know how to use the archives?
>>
File: wrong.gif (1.21 MB, 480x287)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>2313613
>The Obi Wan movie is going to be even more garbage
It will be better than Solo only because it will have better actors.

>Qui Gonn is a boring ass character with no defining traits other than making really bad decisions
See pic.

>Zero development = flat character. Not a Mary Sue
Rey is both of those things. She's like Anakin in Episode I, but he was fixed by Episode II. I don't know anyone who would want to be Anakin, besides psychopaths.
>>
>>2313613
Zero development, but still has the character do amazing things other characters in the series had to train there asses off to accomplish is pretty Sue-ish. The fact that she is a boring, flat character on top of that makes her even more annoying.
>>
>>2313613
>I mean, he would have if that arm had been his face instead.
A scenario that didn't happen is not an argument.

>Except that Luke didn't see either Yoda or Ben in that time frame.
Except he did, because it's during that time that he met Yoda and Ben as a force ghost, and then there's an entire year between Empire strikes back and RotJ where he went back to finish his training.

>Zero development = flat character. Not a Mary Sue
That's EXACTLY the problem that creates Mary sue/Gary stu characters; they're too perfect to need any development to their character. And you STILL haven't justified how Rey could perform the same feats as Luke without any training.

>Just looking for a yes/no on that one.
No.
>>
>>2313644
>the same feats as Luke
Rey performs way better feats than Luke. Even if Kylo is a complete spud.
>>
>>2313653
True, which makes it even worse.
>>
>>2313624
>>2313626
>Rey
Yeah, I mean I can see it. I think given the precedent of Luke it's not such a big deal to me, but I can see why it would irk people. All I'm saying is, I don't think it's such a cut and dry case. An argument can be made for either side to a degree I think.

>Better actors
Garbage with Ewan MacGregor isn't much more appealing than garbage without. Plus I get the suspicion people just want to hear him say "Hello there" again.

>Qui Gon
>Doubt.jpeg
I mean, to each their own, but he doesn't exactly do anything.

>>2313644
Luke violently attackedh i father and cut off his hand. He slipped from his Jedi mindset briefly and gave in to hate and fear.. That's all that matters for my point.

>Met Yoda and Ben as a force ghost
When? You mean breifly in Empire and again in Return? He's literally with them for just a little while. Unless you're talking about the EU or something which doesn't count in a discussion comparing movies.

The whole point in Return was that he had not been back in a long time. He actually goes back to finish his training (which he had started and interupted in Empire) and Yoda dies, telling him there's nothing more to teach him. Force Ghost Obi Wan never teaches Luke anything, about the Force and how to use it I mean.

>Rey Training
Because my point is that she had the same training as Luke, which is to say very little. And whihc "feats" do you mean? Flying a ship? Swinging a sword?

She uses the force to move a light saber, which Luke does in Empire with no training on how and she force tricks that one guy in TFA which felt kinda like an accident to me? So I don't think it was some kind of amazing power, just something she didn't know she can do. I just don't see how either is a tremendously huge deal, it doesn't really change the story of either.
>>
>>2313653
But that's a part of the "power creep" probl;em in Star Wars in general. Any random Jedi in the prequels seems like a stronger force user than Luke, even though Luke beat vader who was supposed to be crazy powerful.

And yes I know all the explanations and theories and things, it still makes the movies seem out of place in terms of what "power" is.

Plus I feel like arguing about what super powers a characters should have unlocked is missing the point of the film.

I don't know, it's not a big deal really, to me anyway.
>>
>>2313670
It's also important to note that Luke's father is the Chosen One.

Rey's parents were gas drinking nobodies on Jakku.

>very little
It's still a lot less than Luke had. Yoda was actively training him the whole time he was on Dagobah.
>>
>>2313673
>Any random Jedi in the prequels seems like a stronger force user than Luke
Not from what we see in the movies alone. Even in TCW which I am absolutely loath to bring up, but it is canon, only Anakin, Sidious, Yoda, and Darth Maul's Autistic Yellow Brother are really that impressive.
>>
>>2313678
>>2313680
Fair points. I definitely agree with you on some of them, Luke being given more screen time training, I just don't think these are horrible, unforgivable movie sins. It's just sloppy writing.

But definitely not a point in their favor.
>>
>>2313670
>That's all that matters for my point.
Not the same as suddenly wanting to kill his nephew without being fueled by neither hate nor anger. Your point is moot.

>He actually goes back to finish his training
This plus the fact that he spent time with Yoda in ESB proves my point that he had more training than Rey and she still outshines him.

>Because my point is that she had the same training as Luke, which is to say very little.
She doesn't have the same amount of training as he and she is more powerful than him at that point.

>And which "feats" do you mean?
>she force tricks that one guy in TFA which felt kinda like an accident to me? So I don't think it was some kind of amazing power
She also beat Kylo without ANY training. So it's settled then; you know jack shit about the rules of the Force within the star wars setting. You tried and it just didn't work out for you. Don't trigger my autism again with your shit-taste, fallible logic, and poor arguments. It takes time and energy to prove you normies wrong.
>>
>>2313684
>I just don't think these are horrible, unforgivable movie sins. It's just sloppy writing.

TLJ's failure was a death from a thousand cuts. Rey's bullshit, Luke's character assassination, Admiral Tumblr's entire character, Snoke's pointlessness, Casino planet adventure's pointlessness, killing off the cute asian girl instead of the fat one. I could go on.

It proved to me Disney and it's stable of directors won't be doing something interesting with the IP and actively ruin the OT while trying to turn Star Wars into the new Marvel Cinematic Universe with hundreds of movies churning out.

Solo's director fiasco further solidifies these feelings. Say what you want about Lucas, the man had a vision.
>>
>>2313715
Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>2313678
>Rey's parents were gas drinking nobodies on Jakku.
I liked that. I hate special blood lines and messianic figures. That the Force is strong in a desert dwelling nobody was imo really neat.
>>
>>2313734
>I hate special blood lines and messianic figures
Inferior atheist taste.

>>2313705
>>2313715
I agree.
Tbh it takes a lot for me to get worked up about the Sequels, they're just so bad and don't claim to try to coexist with the Star Wars lore I love.

People shilling for The Clone Wars really brings out my power level.
>>
There is a distinct difference between Mary Sue and Overpowered. Rei is certainly the latter but probably not the former.

She has significant flaws, such as her obsession with the significance of her parents, and is completely blindsided by Renn/Snook. She hardly 'saves the day' beyond helping the pitiful remnants of the Resistance not die to the last man.
>>
>>2313705
>Not the same as suddenly wanting to kill his nephew without being fueled by neither hate nor anger.
He was being fueled by fear though. Fear of Ben becoming a powerful avatar of the dark side, falling to the mental predation of Snoke, who had been slow roasting Ben for years now. And as Yoda said, fear is the path to the dark side. It was enough to let the darkness in, and in a moment of weakness use Luke's good intentions to drive him into a dark action and help realize his ultimate fears. It was, in /tv/ terminology, kino.
>>
>>2313742
>Rei is certainly the latter but probably not the former
Yeah, especially Rei 3.

Rey though, she's definitely a Mary Sue.

Why are we talking about Evangelion now?
>>
>>2313744
And its worth pointing out that Luke had been tutoring Ben for years at this point, trying to undo Snoke's influence. Not only wasn't it working, Ben was getting worse. Luke's moment of weakness was his greatest failure, and all part of Snoke's plan to fully drive Ben into the embrace of the dark side.
>>
>>2313734
I agree entirely.

Messianic bloodlines are old school. Having the galaxy saved by a literhal 'who?' is where it is at.
>>
>>2313742
>>2313744
>>2313749
But Snoke is a terrible character/plot device as well. One of those red droids from Battlefront 2 or some stupid shit like Triclops would have worked better.
>>
>>2313758
>But Snoke is a terrible character/plot device as well.
His role in the story was to be the malicious figure that lured Ben into the dark, and for the most part he did that fine. I'd have liked to see him developed more, but it doesn't impact the role he played in the story. The mistake imo was making Snoke the Supreme Leader, and not the predatory Force vampire in the shadows of the First Order. A private benefactor rather than public leader.

But that's just my preference. I really enjoyed the fact Kylo Ren pulled a Starscream and killed him, successfully taking over. I'm curious what an emotional and barely together guy like Kylo will do as a ruler.
>>
>>2313747
>Hoho

But she isn't though. A Mary Sue is a character without flaw that can do no wrong and is loved by the entire cast without reason. The term is also supposed to refer to fan fiction inserts but let's ignore that for now. They are not just someone with poorly explained powers taken to the next level. There aren't a whole lot of flaws in Rey's character, but they certainly exist. Like her obsession with who her parents were for example, or thinking that she had nearly convinced Kylo to come to he Light Side when really she had only convinced him to carry out a coup.
>>
>>2313777
It's really easy for me to see the parallels they used for Snoke in the EU and they're all shit, or at least interpreted in a shit way.

>>2313779
Mary Sues can have a few nonmajor flaws, a lot like Rey's.
>>
>>2313777
Also, Snoke is a bad name even by Star Wars standards. I'd have called him something different.
>>
>>2313796
Honestly you come off as an EU fanboy whose main gripe is that the ST isn't the EU.
>>
>>2313777
>implying snoke is dead for good
>>
>>2313808
I'd be fine if he was, and fine if he wasn't. I don't think Snoke is important. Kylo Ren is the important character here. Snoke's only purpose is to be the thing that lead Luke's nephew from the light to the dark. People who don't like the ST get way too hung up on Snoke.
>>
>>2313806
I could have accepted it if it was better than Legacy of the Force.

That's a really, really low bar by the way. Which nothing except the Tarkin and Thrawn novels have passed.

>>2313802
It's worse than Sheev.
>>
>>2313815
Because he's made out to be this ultra-important character who does nothing but cyberbully his subordinates and die.

A holocron would have been a better device to use.
>>
>>2313817
>I could have accepted it if it was better than Legacy of the Force.
Nah, let's not pretend you would have. You are way too emotionally invested in the EU to give ground on this. Its fine if that's your preference, but don't act like your preference is objective fact.
>>
>>2313822
>Because he's made out to be this ultra-important character
You'll have to point out where that was, because I never got that feeling. Hux gets more spotlight as the face of the First Order than Snoke does. The only thing important about Snoke outside being leader of the First Order is his relationship to Ben/Kylo, that's the main thing Leia/Han/Luke bring up when talking about him. His role as Supreme Leader is barely relevant to the characters.

I don't think Snoke was the best idea or even particularly well executed, but he wasn't the dumpster fire you guys are making him out to be, which is how I feel about the ST as a whole. It has good stuff, some bad stuff, and overall isn't the dumpster fire you guys make it sound.
>>
>>2313823
They copied LoTF and did it worse, that's terrible. I do love being written of because "hurr EU fag" though.

>>2313832
He's the leader of the First Order and turned Kylo without ever meeting him. That's pretty important.

Saying he's not important is like saying Palpatine wasn't important in the Original Trilogy. Sure, Snoke isn't on the same level as the Emperor unless you're a huge Disney shill, but he's still supposed to be important.
>>
>>2313838
>and turned Kylo without ever meeting him
That's an assumption, actually. Its possible it was entirely mental, its possible they had a chance meeting. I'm sure the books will fill it out.

Palpatine wasn't relevant until RotJ, and his role in the story is very different from Snoke's. Their broadly similar but fundamentally different.

And the fact you actually used the term 'Disney shill' with a straight face pretty much ends this conversation, because there's no talking to you and reaching an understanding. You've got your views, I've got mine, and nothing I type will convince you the ST is anything other than trash. So I'm going to spare us both any more time and just end this conversation here.
>>
File: awakenmymasters.jpg (35 KB, 529x526)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2313832
With just The Force Awakens, the sequel trilogy could have been good as a whole.

But after The Last Jedi... it's dead Jim. There is nothing to salvage. The only good thing is Wide Kylo.
>>
Odd question to ask, but are there any boards that are more normie friendly yet have the same kind of content as /qst/? I know some people who like this shit but would loose their minds and get themselves banned from sperging out at the first utterance of the word "faggot"
>>
>>2313865
The only other website that does quests (with a sizable playerbase anyway) that would let you get away with that is anonkun.
>>
>>2313865
That's just how 4chan is.
>>
>>2313874
That's the thing, the only sites I know of that have game threads are this board, and Anonkun. Normie friends would not be able to take the general language, let alone the bants they would start against themselves.
>>
>>2313865
>>2313874
Go to spacebattles or sufficientvelocity. They both have quest subforums.
Sufficientvelocity is the most hospitable to your faggoty friends, since it was created when a tranny mod was banned on spacebattles and "her" and a bunch of friends went to create a new site.
But yea, SV is literally full of commies, something obvious if you venture out of the quest subforum. Just send them here, /qst/ is tame compared to other boards.
>>
>>2313883
Oh right, I though you meant a website that would sperg about you using the word faggot in quest. You may as well go with: >>2313887
>>
File: catalog tiers.png (1.93 MB, 1532x3344)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
I don't think that many people have noticed the current state of /qst/'s catalog. To help you all, I've made a tier list. Please, make your threads less shit.
>>
>>2313900
wait, what's the first tier supposed to mean?
>>
>>2313900
>>2313905
O-oh, i got it.

I thought one of these tiers was supposed to be GOOD.
>>
>>2313905
Look at the thread text that appears directly under the title.
>>
>>2313874
Normies would disown you if you told them about Anonkun.
>>
File: 1516929565421.jpg (44 KB, 234x228)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2313900
My quest isn't on this. Is that a good thing?
>>
>>2313932
>running a quest
>a good thing
good joke
>>
Anyone got the name of that Naruto quest where they waifu Tenten?
>>
>>2313865
This board is usually more on topic than other boards. Faggot doesn't come up much.
>>2313852
TFA was just as bad as TLJ. Why did the rebels let Rey go alone to Luke Skywalker? I know why the writers wrote it, but what In universe reason did it happen?
>>
>>2314037
Trash.
>>
File: Red-Purple Diamond.jpg (80 KB, 300x300)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Which, Craft, witch part 2. Caitrin goes to school.

>>2314405
>>
Shilling my quest here. Just started. Only time i will ever shill it. I DMed a well-received quest in August of last year and am using a different trip now.

Hope to see you there
>>2314421
>>
>>2313900
I like deathmedal and ironborne conceptually but I have no idea wtf is going on its way too convoluted so i dont read / participate.

>>2313865
/i/? There are girls on that board so its a bit cleaner
>>
Is Titmouse dead?
>>
>>2313932
What connects all of these is that they open with archive/twitter links or "welcome to" posts rather than a brief recap of the previous thread or meaningful story content. The poster's point is that ~10 lines of metagame information don't amount to a good hook.
>>
>>2314511
>way too convoluted so i dont read / participate.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Skirmishes look and sound great but require more from both the QM and players.
>>
>>2314513
RIP Titmouse.

He never bang
>>
>>2314513
Very dead
>>
Star Wars: A Fragile Balance #6 is up

>>2314755
>>2314755
>>2314755
>>
>>2313865
God, /qst/ is already too normie friendly.
>>
>>2315041
>normie friendly
>severe autism required to QM
>similar autism required to role-play

I don't understand
>>
>>2315046
>bare minimum basic bitch prereqs called severe
This is exactly what poster above means, anon.
>>
>>2315052
Being a minimum prerequisite doesn't make it not autistic.
>>
>>2315056
Yes, and?
>>
>>2314538
Problem is, where else do you put your external links without breaking up the internal flow of your opening post?
>>
>>2315066
At the end of the post, of course, below everything happening.
>>
>>2313084
>You need to be tazed
Tease.
>>
>>2313744
I just want to point out that narratively having Luke give in to a "moment of weakness" like that is actually a nice way to thematically tie the story back to when he was tempted by the Dark Side in the original trilogy. It shows, not tells, that the possibility of falling to the Dark Side isn't something a Jedi defeats or surpasses, but a risk they have to learn to live with. Any Jedi can fall, at any time. It highlights the both the danger of a Jedi having too much faith in their own righteousness and the importance of being able to accept their fallibility when they fuck up in order to move past the fear of doing so.

Compared to Anakin who was so convinced that he could "fix" his mistakes that he was driven to do so at any cost instead of accepting failure and moving on.

It ties themes from both the old and new trilogy into the Disney series.
>>
I wonder if there are any girls reading my quest
>>
File: Dark Things.png (122 KB, 350x460)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
Ryukuza Quest starts.

>>2315235

Spooky Stuff.
>>
>>2315227
What quest?
>>
>>2315264
Not revealing that
>>
>>2314037
You're thinking of Leaf Ninja, but Tenten did not win in the end.

As it should be.
>>
>>2314513
>>2314689
>>2314767
He fell for the reboot trap. Protip guys: unless you're actually changing something, don't fucking reboot.
>>
>>2315668
It can actually work if you change something?
>>
File: F-14 with harpoon.jpg (184 KB, 1000x711)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
Pilot Quest is up!

>>2315944
>>2315944
>>2315944
>>
>>2315066
>>2315078
Or in a separate post immediately after the first vote. Or at the very end of the thread as a reminder. Or in multiple places, just not in the lines that people see as a preview.
>>
>>2314426
>Has a tripcode
>Ran a quest before
>Links in the qtg
>Fucking dies after the first post

Good joke.
>>
File: Space Marine firing.jpg (170 KB, 937x1024)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Chapter Master Quest is currently running:

>>2315906
>>2315906
>>2315906

Help guide a chapter of astartes through the chaos and conflict of the 41st Millennium.
>>
>>2313614
I like me a good fantasy story.
>>
>>2316651
seeker quest is the only fantasy rpg we have
>>
>>2316907
It's not nice to lie anon.
>>
>>2316939
name them then
>>
>>2316947
Does Lamplighter count? Or are we talking straight up Tolkien fantasy with the elves and dwarves?
>>
>>2316947
Look at the catalog. I was going to list them, but there's enough there to immediately tell that you've not bothered even looking, to claim there to be only one.

But, benefit of the doubt. Maybe "fantasy" is incredibly specific for you, instead of staggeringly broad. Tell me what a fantasy rpg is.

Unless it's the same thing as an "adventure".
>>
File: close your tabs.png (629 KB, 1919x1048)
629 KB
629 KB PNG
>>2316947
If you put "fantasy" in the search box there are 11 results. There are probably more that just don't have the word fantasy in the OP
>>
>tfw enjoying a quest, but the QM barely manages one update a day
>>
File: kyuubey sings.gif (122 KB, 400x400)
122 KB
122 KB GIF
>tfw enjoying a quest, but the QM barely manages one update a year
>>
>>2317573
>>2317005
>>2316978
Im not going to argue semantics with you, Obviously when someone thinks fantasy RPG they are thinking Tolkien esc equip sword, gain exp, kill dragon. You can stretch the meaning of "fantasy" to encompass pretty much everything if you really want to.

>Does Lamplighter count
Yeah, i guess it does
>>
File: DGkytkcUQAAkOuu.jpg (51 KB, 817x1200)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Which, Craft, Which continues with hot werewolves and embarrassing best friends.

>>2317857
>>
>>2315668
Explain
>>
STAR WARS! Machine Minds Quest!

Shameless shilling for a great quest! LONG LIVE THE CIS!

>>2317999
>>
File: 1510369204754.jpg (18 KB, 232x232)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2317720
>>2317779
>enjoying a quest
See, that was your first mistake.
>>
File: Mayu08.png (249 KB, 990x700)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
After some delay, a new Dark Gate Academy is here:

>>2318464
>>2318464
>>2318464
>>
>Re-reading DWMA, and the Three Kingdom quests.
>Desperate for more
>Akun three kingdoms focus on waifus for first few sessions and not even a soul eater quest

RIP in peace
>>
>>2318499
>Akun
You fucked up.

Is it just Romance of the Three Kingdoms you're looking for, or Eastern Pseudo-History in general?
>>
>>2318518
Is there other Eastern Pseudo-History in general?

Nobunaga's ambition is a great potential
>>
I have a foolish and oddly specific question to any who has done a quest where giants walk among men; how do you handle collateral damage? Whether it's kaiju or mecha fighting each other, or hell, just moving around in general, a lot of shit is going to get wrecked depending on their size. How do you account for all that widespread damage steadily worsening over the course of the quest?
I suppose the easy answer would just be to do it in DBZland and have fighters relocate to random convenient wasteland A, but I wouldn't mind some actual insight on the subject and how to realistically avoid accidentally destroying the people you're trying to protect.
>>
>>2318499
To be fair 4chan ROTK quests usually have a focus on waifus eventually.

The first one had Lu Lingqi and then Sun Ce

I think the other one focused on Cai Wenji for a bit.

It's the inherent problem with all fanfic quests, the waifus are already established and everyone has a preference going in.
>>
>>2318612
It's even worse when there's also a ton of generalfus.
>>
>>2318612
The thing about Akun Waifuism is that they actually want to go into brothels for the first few sessions, even if the MC is still a teen or something. Exotic harem consist of Russians or blondes

But I loved the Latter ROTK

>Aimed for SSX
>Charmed by her head handmaiden
>>
>>2318618
That's true as well. Everyone wants their favorite general (or just wants all the talent for their kingdom) and will argue for hours on how to get them, not understanding that you can't catch them all.
>>
>>2318634
Yeah I can see how that's a bit much and right at the start too.
>>
>>2318636
All you need to win is Zhuge Liang and Lu Bu.
>>
>>2318645
>The perfect Brain and Brawn

But chaining those mad dogs are difficult for those with small ambitions
>>
>>2318649
>small ambitions
If you have small ambitions why are you trying to claim the Dragon Throne in the first place?
>>
File: GetFuckedKongming.webm (2.91 MB, 1280x720)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>2318645
Fuck Kongming. Give me Sima Yi, Zhou Yu, or Xun Yu.
>>
>>2318645
You also need Lu Bu's daughter to make your Empress.
>>
>>2318655
t. Weilet
>>
>>2318652
I...I dont know actually. The first quest was following Lu Bu like a lost puppy. The second quest started like Liu Bei's origin.

Maybe I am not destined to sit upon the Dragon Throne
>>
>>2318655
Wait, wtf happened?

Is water his weakness or something?
>>
>>2318453

Come along and join in with the first thread of Dark Ages Civilization Thread.
(Maybe help us choose a race?)
>>
>>2318661
Not with that attitude.

>>2318665
He doesn't like the rain, it's wet and dousing and gets everywhere.
>>
>>2318659
I'd rather just have people that actually did something historically instead of getting fanwanked into greatness.
>>
>>2318668
Truly. The perfect opposite of Anakin.

What about becoming Shogun? Anyone interested?
>>
>>2318670
>Sima Yi
Good luck not getting stabbed in the back.
>>
>>2318665
After getting BTFO'd constantly by Sima Yi in the Northern Campaigns Zhuge Liang finally cornered Sima in a base with a fire attack.

Then it rained and doused the fires.
>>
>>2318670
>did something historically
>fanwanked into greatness.

explain
>>
What are some good quests for first time readers?
>>
>>2318678
Psion Quest.
>>
>>2318671
That sounds like it could be interesting.

I've been thinking of a more ronin-y quest myself desu.

Also what period were you thinking? The end of the Sengoku Era is interesting, but it's used a lot. What about the end of the Kamakura Shogunate/Kenmu Restoration?
>>
>>2318672
If my dynasty is falling apart by decadent grandsons and officials then they deserved to get hit by the Sima coup.

Remember Sima Yi was very loyal to Cao Cao, Cao Pi, and Cao Rui. It was only until the ineffectual Cao Fang and the decadence/mistreatment from Cao Shaung that he went 'Fuck this' and rebelled.
>>
Does /qtg/ approve of orc warlord quest?
>>
>>2318688
>Implying he wasn't just waiting for his chance
>>
>>2318685
Restoration era?
The one with musket pistol?

Man, Are we going Kenji of Serpent clan?
>>
>>2318696
>Restoration era?
No, that's the Meiji Restoration, the Kenmu Restoration was a short period when the Imperial Court held power between the Kamakura and Ashikaga Shogunates in the 14th century.
>>
File: 1515626912668.jpg (31 KB, 639x424)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2318677
Wu did everything at Chibi. Zhuge Liang and Liu Bei stole Jing from them (a debt repaid at Fan Castle later). Pang Tong was the main factor for them getting the Riverlands and Shu. Zhuge Liang was Prime Minister after Liu Bei's death and lost again and again in failed Northern Campaigns. He executed Wei Yan, a fantastic general, because Wei Yan didn't agree with him a lot. Then he died and his successor Jiang Wei failed again and again in more Northern Campaigns.

He is attributed to creating the wheelbarrow but there are records suggesting that invention was used years ago.

The most records we have of the man is his own biography and the Shu wank that is Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

The only thing I can say positive about the man is he was a good statesman and had good taste in women.
>>
>>2318699

Damn, gotta learn them jap histories other than sengoku.

>>2318707
Reality is truly harsh
>>
>>2318678
You want a live one or one that's finished?
>>
>>2318528
There was anon in last /qtg/ I think, that wanted to run low fantasy Sengoku Quest. I don't know what happened to him.
>>
>>2318776
He stole my idea, that's what happened to him.

To be fair, it can't be that uncommon an idea, and I hadn't thought about it until that /qtg/.

And that idea was probably lower fantasy.
>>
>>2318781

If it is lower fantasy, does it mean we are playing L5R?
>>
>>2318791
I don't know about that anon, but mine is around L5R, maybe a little more fantasy than that but set in a more real world.
>>
>>2318599
Obviously you need to pick where you fight, if your to busy saving and defending you can't go on the offensive, unlike the enemy.
>>
>>2318599
Depends on the tone you're trying to set.
If collateral damage is not meant to be a big deal then don't mention it or hand wave in some way (the aforementioned DBZ wasteland, or there's a huge clean up organisation that deals with it.)

If you want your players to take it into consideration implement consequences for causing it. Failing to mitigate collateral damage will cause backlash or have some kind of resource cost as you have to deal with weakened supply lines or a population that begins to question your ability to protect them.
>>
File: Knives.jpg (206 KB, 387x819)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
LGA2 is up.

>>2319140

> QM Question
I really like Knives. She's a good girl I'm told by my players.
>>
File: top lelliel.png (109 KB, 400x612)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>2319149
>my players
>GermanSchteel's players
>Having taste
>>
>>2319149
Just how many quests in god know how many websites this clusterfuck of a setting has?
>>
>>2319252
Too many.
>>
>>2319252
Not enough.
>>
File: 1483859718411.jpg (117 KB, 601x800)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2318689
>orc warlord quest?
I would definitely check it out to see if the execution was worth continued attention.
So, that's one maybe vote.
If every QM waited for majority approval, few quests would ever get run.

Fantasy seems popular.
MC in charge seems popular.
"Villain" MC seems popular.

If a QM feels it's something they can maintain an interest in running, I say go for it.
>>
>>2319337
>MC in charge seems popular.
Why do people like this so much? I think its more fun to be the Luke Skywalker of a quest then the Cloud Strife
>>
>>2319381
MC in charge allows a lot of freedom and agency for the player. When you're in charge, you basically dictate what happens in the story more so than just the options your QM gives you. It's probably one of the easier ways too of allowing the player's actions to have impact on the story.
>>
>>2319337

Do people like Cold Hearted soldier MC?

Compared to Prince of Black Company, this is his Father's Champion form
>>
>>2319381
>Why do people like this so much?
Anons like playing a shotcaller.
>>2319393
This basically.
Although, you get more freedom playing Luke Skywalker than you do General McArmyton.

>>2319533
>Do people like Cold Hearted soldier MC?
Not seen it enough to gauge it accurately.
Players and Cold Hearted soldiers both love pragmatism though.
>>
File: F-14 and Buff.jpg (71 KB, 960x720)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Pilot Quest is up!

>>2315944
>>2315944
>>2315944
>>
Just noting another update record. 69 posts long, breaking the last record of 41 posts, from Mass Isekai. >>2317783
>>
>>2320399
I swear, one day, if /qst/ still exists, there will be an update that on its own reaches the bump limit.
>>
I'm thinking of doing a demonologist quest, and I'm wondering how much knowledge/experience/power people would generally be interested in starting with. This will have a lot to do with how mysterious the demons you're dealing with will be.
>>
>>2320419
I would prefer starting at the bottom of the ladder and climbing all the way up.
>>
>>2320419
Was about to ask what kind of demons before realizing that'd probably defeat the point.

Enough knowledge to start with, but not enough power or experience to just power through mistakes. IE a novice.
>>
>>2320432
> novice level
In that case they're the spoooooky kind of demons.
>>
>>2318707
>good statesman
to be honest, that's reason enough for Liu Bei to recruit him. A shame that wasn't enough in the grander scheme of things.
>>
>>2320597
Maybe it was just an Act of God, the Han had lost the Mandate of Heaven after all.
>>
>>2319393
So if I wanted to write my MC as a skilled but nonetheless ordinary soldier in a war, what would be best way to ensure that the players' actions impact the story?
>>
>>2320935
he survives a slaughter, and hears the last words of the captain or noble in command to deliver a message somewhere
he falls into a well during the storming of the castle and needs to get out, and then he comes across some wizards or some shit escaping the battle for the town through some portal in the sewers
sheeeit like that. He just gets lucky somehow.
>>
>>2320399
>Valencia
Of course.
>>
File: DRXaIDHU8AE8j0b.jpg (120 KB, 979x1200)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Which, Craft, Witch beings again.

>>2321345

Kinky pixie.
>>
>>2305001
Dragon ball quest when?
>>
>>2321570
When you make it.
>>
>>2321570
When SOMNIUS comes back again under another different name that people call him out on in the first thread.

For real though, that well's poisoned forever now.
>>
>>2321570
Hopefully never, like >>2321611 said the well's been poisoned, but also Super just memed the entire thing to death.
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614 KB, 890x890)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
An update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
https://fiction.live/stories/The-Paladin-of-Avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/32-Traitor-s-Mask/u69XfGkq6rBjfqEzN
A new cycle will begin
>>
File: Miss Gallel.jpg (307 KB, 1000x1000)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
school quest is back with more snoopy snoops

>>2308130
>>2308130
>>2308130
>>
>>2321870
>>2321870
>>2321870

Yu-gi-oh Aspiring Duelist Quest is live again!
>>
File: 1ggwg.jpg (301 KB, 1600x848)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
16th MS Team back, despite a long absence.

>>2322543
>>2322543
>>2322543
>>
Anyone know what happened to Stray Demon Quest? I thought it was supposed to continue last week but didn't see anything. Another ded quest?
>>
File: F-14 Paveway.jpg (66 KB, 560x600)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Pilot Quest is up!

>>2315944
>>2315944
>>2315944
>>
>>2320963
So basically make him (and optionally his squad) the one unlucky guy who finds his way into the center of everything important? Like a spanner in the works type of deal?
>>
Seeker Quest is live

>>2323524
>>2323524
>>2323524
>>
Gotta say, I'm liking the fact that no one posted that gay whomst've meme shit. Glad I don't have to beat anyone's ass.
>>
>>2323671
I'm sure whomst isn't even a real word. Irregardless, it is kind of a meme.
>>
>>2323676
> Irregardless
ARGH
>>
Anything to read on how to create a warrior culture? Been reading up on Mandolorians, just saw Black Panther so I'm most likely gonna use a whole bunch of ritualistic totemic bullshit, anything else I should check out?
>>
>>2323713
>basing a culture on mandalorians and shit from black panther
Anon delete all your setting notes, its already shit.
>>
>>2323713
>just saw Black Panther

stopped reading there
>>
>>2323721
>>2323723
Never was basing it on the mandos

Just examining ideas and themes from them and planning to use them

There's a bunch of cultures irl that have totemic bullshit and I can't really think of any that overexemplify the nature of being "X" and family bonds that aren't blood related that Mandolorians do
>>
>>2323730
The Mandalorian warrior culture is only really like that because Karen Traviss (god bless that she doesn't write for Star Wars anymore) deemed it so. The way they're portrayed in nuCanon is much closer to how their society would actually function.
>>
>>2323737
>is much closer to how their society would actually function
The ToR era (overall, Great Sith War to Darth Bane Trilogy in particular) did them a bit better desu, also places like Concord Dawn in the EU where Mandos were the military but the day-to-day operations were left to people who weren't retarded.

>>2323671
You mean like this?
>>
>>2323995
The position of the first and 2nd should be switched.
>>
>>2324008
Nah, the SOMNIUS method being on the bottom works better imo.
>>
File: 24ci8k.jpg (103 KB, 500x701)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>2323671
>>
File: Really makes you think.jpg (78 KB, 1024x576)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2324021
>Reverse trap tom-girl
Wait, a tom-girl is a boy, but a reverse trap is a girl.

So said doujin would be about a character perceived at first to be a boy, who then reveals themself to be a girl, which is then revealed to be false when their pantsu come off.
>>
>>2323995
>>2324021
Banned from future quests I make, including my current one.
>>
>>2324063
I'm glad not everyone here is a little fag, whats your quest I wanna read it
>>
>>2324095
What?
>>
>>2324132
You said your current quest, what quest do you run?
>>
>>2324137
Waifu club.
>>
>>2324137
What are you talking about?
>>
>>2324137
He doesn't actually run a quest anon. He just likes to shitpost and get dem (You)s occasionally on here.
>>
>>2324137
I don't know why any QM except Trick would out themselves as a shitposter.
>>
>>2324221
You're supposed to leave subtle hints that nobody would be autistic enough to derive your identity from.
>>
>>2324221
Attention mostly, I think.
>>
>>2324252
So uh, where's that GLT quest at?
I want to Chi Yuu's Yuus, Schteel, and you're going to enable me.
>>
>>2324262
I've told you this before, but I don't believe I could do a Girls Last Tour Quest justice.
>>
>>2324272
There are like two doujins for it senpai.
If you don't read the Youjo Senki novels or manga before you do that Civil War thing you talked about you're not going to do it justice either.

And if it's anything like the existing Youjo Senki doujins it's going to suck. I just want Tanya in a relaxed setting that doesn't involve rape, but that's apparently too much to ask.
>>
>>2324272
Huh. It's been a while since I've seen you chatting in the general, Schteel.
What ever happened to KuatColle? I haven't seen it around in a few months.
>>
>>2324281
Well the point of Youjo Senki is that God is actively trying to get her killed so that she'll start believing in God. And Tanya is like "nah fuck that shit" so therefore she can never live in peace because God does not want her to.

As for the Civil War thing, it's more or less just an excuse to write about the American Civil War.

>>2324290
I've softdropped KuatColle unfortunately. I'm getting to the point where I probably won't do anything on /qst/ except for LGA2.
>>
>>2324295
Akun appreciates the revving cores more? ;)
>>
>>2324295
>Well the point of Youjo Senki is that God is actively trying to get her killed so that she'll start believing in God. And Tanya is like "nah fuck that shit" so therefore she can never live in peace because God does not want her to.
Just don't be an anime-only baby, the manga and light novel have important differences. And Visha looks different, weird looking Visha grew on me desu.
>>
File: iOYf6uBjfPBf3.gif (2.93 MB, 480x271)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB GIF
>>2324300
oh god PLS

But seriously. It's because /qst/ as a whole feels way too slow to me and unfortunately it means I'm slowing down (which is causing me to start slowing down my post update rate whatever). I want to be able to be active and chat with players like I do on akun like it used to be on /tg/. /qst/ unless you hit a really good spot where you get a lot of players (which IMO isn't ideal) isn't too active and requires more lengthy commitment to a session.

>>2324321
I've read the manga. LN probably won't get around to it cuz I don't read light novels in general.

I didn't mind anime Visha from the start. I thought she looked adorbs.
>>
>>2324295
>dropped kuatcol

Damn it SCTEEEEEEEEEL. where can i find daughterus now?
>>
File: Finalizer.png (2.21 MB, 1920x800)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>2324342
I'm sorry anon but you'll never get to canonically bone any of the Imperial Starships.

Shame too, I wanted Supremacy to appear and be an even Chuunier version of Finalizer.
>>
>>2324342
>where can i find daughterus now
Moeblob garbage.

>>2324333
Having a discord and choosing to use akun probably contribute something to the slowdown. Though /qst/ is slow both of those things can be issues.
>>
Quest ideas:
Judge Quest (as in Judge Dredd, but you aren't Judge Dredd)
Potion Seller Quest (described further up in the thread)
Colonial Marine Quest (PredQuest style. Hell, you could be the test subject in a supersoldier project Weyland is running to help them win their conflics vs the preds, to not have a pitiful human power level in a world of yautja, synthetics, and xenomorphs)
Weyland Yutani Executive Quest
Classic Fantasy Quest (witch captures your peasant gal, you train to go get her back. music for ambience) https://dreamtroll.bandcamp.com/track/blood-moon
Not-Conan Quest
Marathon Quest (Bungie)
Generation Ship Quest (You are some guy on a generation ship. Factions are loyalists, who are loyal to the mission, revolutionaries, who want to abandon the mission, and some religious fucks. I'm stealing these ideas from that one game developer who is making a generation ship game, iron tower studios)
Vampire Quest (Literally none of these. You'd think anons would like to play as this shit.)
/tv/ quest (meme-filled shit with plane scene, cowboy brendan and other nonsense)

What is most promising?

Also, /qst/, I've lost the motivation to samefag to keep quests I like alive.
It's just not worth it.
>>
>>2324347
Do it again but with Legends this time. I'm sure if we wanted to in Dark Empire, Palpaine would be fully capable of boning the Eclipse, but not in shipgirl form.
>>
>>2324353
Also who would win, David from the shitty new Alien movies or your average Yautja badass? I'm talking about hand to hand combat with no weapons.

My money is on the pred unless David pulls some tricky shit.
>>
File: 1400701656522.jpg (510 KB, 1748x1460)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>2324353
Wouldn't Generation Ship Quest basically be Space Mutiny?
>>
>>2324353
>Vampire Quest
Has potential, but I don't trust you to not fuck it up.
>>
>>2324363
I guess so. I never actually knew what the plot of that was about until now, despite watching those riff vids.
>>2324364
The problem with vampire quests, now that I think about it, is that typically vamps increase their power via age, and having to wait hundreds of years to get real power isn't really going to work in a quest.

Maybe the best way around that would be to introduce diablerie, where you gain power by draining other vamps.

Also I feel it is vulnerable to sandbox-itis, like that Faded Magic Quest which are largely aimless for a long time, with not much of a compelling plot hook.

Though Faded Magic could be interesting if the QM did more to push them in certain directions.
>>
>>2324353
Generation Ship Quest and Vampire Quest sound the most interesting to me.
>>
>>2324405
>>2324401
Regardless I agree, I think Generation Ship Quest has the most potential. I'm into that kind of stuff.
>>
>>2324401
You could do it like The Elder Scrolls where not eating makes you more powerful, but weaker to your weaknesses, and more susceptible to going mad.

Or you wake up as a retarded squid monster one day.
>>
>>2324423
>wake up as a retarded squid monster one day.
Well now there's something to participate for!
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.77 MB, 390x230)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB GIF
>>2324423
>>2324429

OctoDad Quest when?
>>
>>2324429
A Sixth House Quest could be fun as hell if the QM knew their lore but didn't go full retard into speculation and noncanon Kirkbridisms.
>>
>>2324401
Increasing your power with age is some boring shit, but the fact you defaulted to how to gain power vindicates my distrust for people running a vampire quest.

Yeah, sure, I wanna start small and work my way up, but it's way too easy for a QM to just run some meaningless power fantasy where I gotta find some way to become stronger, and maybe throw in a couple THOTs with varying degrees of waifuability. At that point you're just changing skins out for any other supernatural creature, and eating the same shitcake with different icing.

Why are we a vampire? Were we born one? Made one? Who is our sire/matriarch? What kind of lore are we following? Is it classical european? More chinese? Are you taking bits and pieces of vampire mythology the world over and weaving something that feels immersive and genuine? If I'm gaining power, do I have a good reason for it? A cast of people I can get invested in, but will also have to make hard decisions over because their agendas and circumstances often run against my own?

Are you going to make me fucking earn my immortality, and care about my first thrall? Are you going to make me eat my blood-sibling's backstabbing betrayal when I least expect it because they chose power over loyalty? Are you going to give me a feeling of power and progression that isn't just rolling bigger numbers and walking around an expanding cast of literary eye-candy and yes-men?

Not too many QMs are gonna do half of that.
>>
>>2321712
Super, from what I've heard, has been stepping in the right direction, then immediately stepping backwards two or three times as much. I haven't wanted to look into it, at risk of not liking it and wasting my time/data.
>>
>>2324556
¡Esto es el fin Jiren!
¡Soy Goku Blanco!

I fucking can't believe that became a thing.
>>
>>2324448
It's easier to think of a goal for a vampire hunter than a vampire.
For a vampire, they should have goals before their turning, which their turning interferes with in an interesting way. Don't know how to set it up.
Ain't gonna be running any of this shit. I am already running a quest which I can't name due to all the shitposting I have done with this ID.
>>
>>2324565
Yeah... people were saying that was a twist, but isn't a 'twist' supposed to be something unpredictable? Maybe I'm just desensitized to all of Dragon Ball's BS by now.
>>
>>2324567
>Can't even think of good motivations for a pure vampire
>Thinks the vampirism should be treated as an obstacle to some dream they had as a human.
Disgusting. Leave me, and never darken this thread with your vampire quest ever again.
>>
>>2324049
There was supposed to be a comma there

>>2324423
Just make sure you include the rape
Like I did
>>
>>2324579
It takes me a while to brainstorm good shit.
And that is one way to run it. If you are going to run a quest about recently turned vampire does it make sense for them to immediately forget about everything they were doing before? The way that condition, and the commands of their sire, if we are running a quest where sires have control over their children, could interfere with the goals could be interesting to read and play.
Eventually they might just abandon the goals and accept their new role.
It is all idle speculation, don't judge me too much based on it.
>>
>>2324602
You had your chance. I can already see the players deciding to hold tightly to their humanity and rage against their vampiric fate in an attempt to maintain some misbegotten since of purity. I bet you wouldn't even make us feel deeply conflicted over whether or not we could trust our sire.

Cease your tripe until next thread, and try to return with something worth while.
>>
>>2324577
The twist was that for about a year the spics (and 4chan) were memeing about Gohan getting a new transformation called Gohan Blanco and he was going to be the star of the show.

Then months later Goku gets a white haired transformation. Shit is silly.
>>
>>2324448
You are a vampire because both your father and your mother were vampires, your lineage extends back to only a few generations away from the first to bear the gift.
Your Ancestor being a man who found the means to purge from himself the impurities that once being mortal had left him, and in secret slew his Sire firmly setting his place at the table.

Those who bear the gift are few and far between, those with such a long reaching ancestry are even fewer. Your kind was hunted to near extinction close to 200 years prior after a vampire betrayed you all by revealing to the cattle your existence and helping to drag his fellows into the streets. In the end he too was killed when he failed to find more blue blood to quench the cattle's thirst for violence.

With his death a meeting was called among the surviving families and it was agreed that hiding in plain sight was no longer safe, causing many lords and ladies to go missing, the cattle of course count them among the martyrs lost to the sinful creatures of the night.

Your families Elder has deemed it the time for the blue bloods to once again rule over the cattle. You have been sent out of the lair to act as a probe, to ascertain how much has changed and to begin rebuilding your families power.

>>2324602
>not bullshitting up terrible lore instantly
its like you don't enjoy shitting and then displaying it publicly
>>
>>2324662
Interesting. When would you set this technologically speaking, and would it rely more on family intrigue or your character's exposure to the outside?
>>
>>2324662
4/10, I guess. Setting's cliche, but you tried. Vampire backstory is pretty typical, but it tries to play up the whole "magic comes back" angle. Not really sold on a re-emergence plot being very deep or engaging, though.

Seems like it'll default pretty quickly to building a power base and making a list of key members of current society you want to subvert to your cause to reinstate your family's bloodstained lineage.

I don't trust you to not fuck this up either, but your pitch was moderately less trash, so it can stay.
>>
>>2305001
>>QM Question
Mamare Touno said it best:
>"Whoever I'm writing at the moment. My favorite characters are always the ones who appear in that scene."

I don't have a personal best girl for my two main quests. But I am surprised that in DOQ (sadly put on indefinite hiatus), the most popular girl for the anons is the one who I didn't even consider to be a romance option.

>>Player Question
I like the longevity for exactly that reason.
>>
>>2324706
>the most popular girl for the anons is the one who I didn't even consider to be a romance option.
yeah, Kathgriog is great
>>
>>2324673
The first thought was to set it around the start of the 19th century, whether set in actual earth or not!earth. I'd have to think on that some more before setting it in stone just like I'd need to fiddle with the setting since its shit made up on the spot and full of holes.

I think first few sessions would be more low to the ground retaking power stuff, realizing the humans never let their guard back down and have kept the stakes sharpened waiting for the night to crawl back into their cities, then once the MC has managed to gain a foothold he'd start having to deal with the other families desperately trying to expand their power in the safest way possible, namely just taking an already controlled city from some poor vampire.

I should make it clear I hate writing quests since I hate anons with all my heart for their unending ability to act like they have brain damage so this will never ever be written.
>>2324684
>he thinks humans ever assumed 'magic' died
>he thinks playing jenga with society is anything but god tier
>he thinks vampire quests can be done well considering vampires are overpowered little shits who quickly become either one man armies or emperors removing nearly all fun from the quest
>>
>>2324731
>playing jenga with society is but god tier
It's pretty fun, but I'm going to be totally honest with you here: Anons always want to do this. They always wanna be the suave shit with the plans, who pulls the strings, and it's never been very fun. I don't doubt that it can be fun, and I've had a few tabletop campaigns where doing exactly that was a blast, but when it comes to quests, one of two things tend to happen.

1. The QM just let the socially retarded anons get their way and it becomes a powerwank fantasy about "muh manipulashuns".

2. The QM themselves can't run a decent political intrigue or counter-espionage storyline to save their lives and it comes off hamhandedly.

When I say it'll default pretty quickly to that, I say so with the utmost fatigue of having to suffer through the same stupid shit, done the same stupid way, and frustratingly liable to be fucked up in the exact same places.
>>
>>2324353
>Quest ideas:
>Judge Quest
Potential

>Potion Seller Quest
Won't last 30 posts

>Colonial Marine Quest
Could be done well with good direction

>Weyland Yutani Executive Quest
Dunno

>Classic Fantasy Quest
Potential

>Not-Conan Quest
Potential

>Marathon Quest (Bungie)
No idea what this is

>Generation Ship Quest
Setting has potential

>Vampire Quest
High potential

>/tv/ quest
An Hero

>>2324567
>It's easier to think of a goal for a vampire hunter than a vampire.
wut?

>For a vampire, they should have goals before their turning, which their turning interferes with in an interesting way.
That is one myopic view of how a vampire story must be told.

>Don't know how to set it up.
Clearly

>Ain't gonna be running any of this shit.
Thank Jeebus

>I am already running a quest
I pity your players
>>
>>2324748
Anon all quests are shit, we were clearly discussing a hypothetical situation in which anons can stop gargling their own cum while they write up horrible cringe worthy write-ins that they think are amazing long enough to properly play a vampire removing just the right members of a city to gain control without causing the cities collapse into chaos
>>
>>2324762
This is part of why your pitch got a 4/10. The goal here is for the quest to be both unexpected and engaging to play, and we both already know how it's going to fuck up. This ain't about getting your dream audience, you gotta actually run a damn good vampire quest.
>>
>>2324775
Anon I've already told you good quests don't exist. They're all terrible, all qms are just jerking themself off publicly. All anons have severe mental problems. Quests are inherently a flawed medium even removing human error. A "good vampire quest" will never exist, never. No matter how perfect the qm, no matter how perfect the players.
>>
>>2324715
>You will NEVER feel the loving tentacles of an eldritch abomination's embrace as it pours insight into your mind.
>>
>>2324756
>It's easier to think of a goal for a vampire hunter than a vampire.
wut?

It's due to the difference in power. For a vampire hunter MC, simply killing the first vampire is a satisfying goal for the players, if set up well, because of how much stronger, physically, vamps are. It'll require prior planning and stuff which will make the payoff more satisfying.

But what about being a vampire? Nothing immediately jumps out at me like "kill a vampire" does for vampire hunters.

But this talk of ancient bloodlines and whatever is too grand for me. If I were to run a quest it would be something smaller in scope.

You could be a deserter after some awful battle, intent on making it to your family and taking them away from this war ravaged land, only to be turned by some bitch which houses you on your trek home.

The vampire hunter quest itself could turn into a vampire quest if the MC needs to be turned for some reason. It's a common trope.

I just don't like the CK2 style stuff. I'm fine with playing a noble but this stuff about "getting the city leader's support" or whatever is not something I am much interested in and would not be able to write well.

Though I don't mind playing as a noble, so long as the quest is not large in scale like that.

Now, to balance Revs and Loyalists on the generation ship quest, you will need to introduce flaws in each faction, unexpected ones. You don't want the revs to just be basic bitch libs or commies in space and you don't want to loyalists to be liek brotherhood of steel clones.

Among those idealistic loyalists should be many men of little true worth who simply want to use their authority to maintain their power. Among the demagogues and foolish masses of the revolution there should be men of worth, joining the side perhaps due to personal grievance, or perhaps because they believe they can provide a better mission for all in the ship to follow, not populists, but elites who simply wish to replace the code.

I don't know about the religious ones yet. Feel free to run with it.
>>
>>2324556
>>2324565
>>2324577
THE MEME MAGIC IS REAL GOKU BLANCO IS BREAKING EL GRANDE PADRE'S CONDITIONING

>>2324589
>the rape
That's only some kinds of vampires, the ones that wake up with a dick where their eyes used to be isn't Molag Bal's.

>>2324662
I give it a 3/10 desu, seems kind of cliche and the superiority angle is already coming off poorly.

>>2324795
Fuck off Hermaeus Mora, nobody wants your books here, go back to your bubbling library of the damned.

>>2324866
>something smaller in scope
Doesn't really fit with most people's more ideal Vampire Quest.
>>
>>2324905
>blanco memes
>doesn't love hermaeus mora
>has a gay ID
I give it a 1/10 desu senpai
>>
>>2324924
Hermaeus Mora has a time and a place, which are neither here nor now.

If you're trying to trick me into becoming a Mer you can fuck right off mate.
>>
>>2324866
>Nothing immediately jumps out at me like "kill a vampire" does for vampire hunters.
Okay, fair enough.
"Vampire Hunter" does sort of include a goal, much like "Vampire" includes the, oft handwaved as effortless, goal of drinking blood.

I was thinking of a character based quest arc goal.
My thought was that a vampire character could have any goal imaginable, just like a vampire hunter.
The MC's goal could be to break into the majors as a national baseball player while dealing with the issues associated with also being a vampire/hunter.
Not likely a popular first choice, but there it is.

>>2324905
>Doesn't really fit with most people's more ideal Vampire Quest.
You say this like you have the latest poll results in hand.
I doubt you have your finger on the pulse of what most questers want.
At any rate, your opinion does not represent me.
>>
>>2323713
In Conquest Born by CS Friedman, or the Dorsai Chronicles by Gordon R Dickson. You want a proper warrior culture, do it the fuck right.
>>
File: 3.jpg (30 KB, 630x340)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Hey guys, in case you didn't look on Twitter, Gantz: Quest for this week is moved to Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST.

My drawfriend had some life complications, so I am working with a new one at the moment and the new illustrations wont be out until tomorrow.

Sorry about that guys.
>>
>>2325330
Lowkey sounds like you murdered him for a replacement. Probably not, but good luck in any case.
>>
Thread 7 Session 2 Starting now!

>>2310378
>>2310378
>>2310378
>>
Reeeeeeee I want the quest that im interested to be updated now right now I'm tired of waiting
>>
>>2325628
Gotta wait that week.
>>
>>2325628
Which quest?

Also what's a good repository for fantasy images (locations, characters and equipment)?

Other than pintrest.
>>
>>2325753
Seeker, warlord, and oakaki

/tg/, literally make an image dump thread and post like 5 images
>>
>>2325753
Deviantart, artstation, and if you're desperate Google images. In my experience the best strategy is to find artist that you really like and plunder their portfolio
>>
File: Tripple Tomcat Takeoff.jpg (100 KB, 960x638)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Pilot Quest is up!

>>2315944
>>2315944
>>2315944
>>
>>2325628
I want the quest I'm following to stop being on hiatus and run again or just come and say its abandoned
>>
>>2326047
With that sort of post, you can totally just name the quest.

Unless you're just doing a bit.
>>
>>2325753
>>>/tg/58049020
>>
>>2326584
is /qst/ 80% Europeans? this place is DEAD at night
>>
>>2326846
How does it feel being named TiTs?
>>
>>2326846
Also I feel like this place is just dead.
You don't have to say "at night".
>>
>>2326857
hey now, the Trails series is GOAT
>>
>>2326883
Patrician taste, my anon.
>>
>>2326864
when i get up in the morning there are like 30 new posts every time
>>
>>2326047
Funny, I feel that exact same way about the quest I'm supposed to run. Strange, this power that guilt holds over the hearts of men.
>>
If Anon never theorizes or pursues any mysteries you leave dangling about us that them not catching it or them not caring?

I try to lay down crumbs without pointing to them and hooting but it seems there's no interest whatsoever in following them, whether or not they're set to turn out long term and important or if they're a short simple setting or character detail.

Is it just a sign that everybody reading is bored stiff?
>>
>>2327262
>If Anon never theorizes or pursues any mysteries you leave dangling about us that them not catching it or them not caring?
Yes. It might also be because you suck at it, or that your players are keeping their thoughts to themselves.

What quest you run? Have you bothered checking out some other quests with similar issues, or talked to any QMs that might have more experience?
>>
>>2327271
I'm almost certain that I suck at it, that would just leave the mystery of why anybody reads it in the first place.

I don't want to say what it is because I don't want any readers changing their reactions to anything out of pity. Yes, and yes.
>>
>>2327262
Needs good execution behind it.
>>2327275
Good luck, if you write enough shit you will get better.
>>
>>2327275
No one can help you if they don't know your quest and can't see how you're fucking up. Otherwise I guess just keep plugging along and hope it gets better? Or get better advice.
>>
>>2327282
Well, from what I've gotten from people familiar with it, they just forget details.

That's innocent enough but if things are being forgotten I like to think it's likely because it's not worth remembering.

...Although, at a few points people have failed to observe things that were clearly stated multiple times, though I prefer to see problems with myself rather than the people who indulge my writing in the first place.
>>
>>2327304
I follow a quest like that, and can confirm that often you'll just forget a detail, or not realize it's relevant until too late. Even important ones, depending on how it's presented. The QM's response to this was just to drive home a deeply seated trauma into their players until everyone in the thread breaks out into a cold sweat whenever it's suggested we may have forgotten something. Made an entire mechanic out of rewarding us if we could just stop forgetting things, and apply the relevant details to a situation.

Even with all of that, I'm still high and dry at least half the time, and then one day I'll be reading through the archives and just suddenly feel profoundly stupid after realizing how goddamn obvious some of the things we forgot actually were.

I don't know your circumstances, but what I'm trying to say here is that even if the details are very worth remembering, it doesn't guarantee anyone's gonna do that.
>>
>>2327328
>one day I'll be reading through the archives and just suddenly feel profoundly stupid after realizing how goddamn obvious some of the things we forgot actually were.

Divine Dryad

(T_T)
>>