[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 2.png (7 KB, 321x468)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
Previously on Gun Quest:
>>2470131
http://archived.moe/qst/thread/2470131

>>2477179
>Offer a coupon from the pawn shop in town
>That's all I have, after all they've taken. But I'll have their loot if I can kill them. It's yours. I just need enough for my family to escape the gang. Teach me well enough and I might not need even that.
This proposal finally shines a little, greedy light in the old man's eyes.
"Well that sounds like a mighty fien offer, now. Tell ye what, I'll teach ye right, on how ta fire that gun ye have in yer purdy lil' hands. I'll get ye to fire wi' a steedy hand, and not shoot yerself in the side. I want most o' the gold for that. And I'll take the coupon too, b'cos I han't had a new coat in years."
You briefly contemplate what Higrin's wardrobe must look like if he considers the contents of Ganars' pawn shop to be "new", but quickly reconsider. There are some things man was simply not meant to know.
Higrin beckons you into his stinking shack. "Come on in. We'll start by learnin' how ta cock yer gun."

>Commence training montage?
>Yes
>No
>>
>>2478779
>>Yes
>>
>>2478779
>>Yes
Live to win!
>>
>>2478779
>Yes
We're gonna need a montage
>>
File: 10.png (38 KB, 784x806)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>2478784
>>2478791
>>2478876
>Oglona: Commence training montage.
For some reason, you imagined that you’d have to do all sorts of strangely unrelated housework for the old man that would eventually turn out to be useful for your gunslinging skills, but Higrin’s training is surprisingly simple and straightforward. He teaches you the ins and outs of gunmanship without any considerable amount of mystical bullshit - this is how you load, aim, shoot and care for your gun, and this is how to behave in a shootout. From his lessons, it seems to you like there is no artful dance to using a gun at all. You just point the barrel, pull the trigger and wait for death to be dispensed upon your foes.
Of course this is not to say he doesn’t make you do housework, but he isn’t being pretentious about it at all. He just says “sweep out me hut or I won’t teach ye aneymore”, and you just gotta do it like that. To be frank, the geezer is quite the exploitative jerk, but he’s still the best shot you’ve got.
During the day, you keep the house, care for your mother and let yourself be pushed around by Skeik and Krast. It’s even more infuriating than before, but they must not suspect a thing. When you go out to Yunt to buy supplies, you sneak out to Higrin’s cottage to practice your gunplay. Revenge is coming fast.

There is a single occasion when the old man says something weirdly mystical to you.
“Sey, girl. Have ye named that gun yet?”
The question is somewhat jarring to you.
“N-no, I don’t think I have. I’m supposed to?”
“Aye, ye shuld gie it a name. Names are powerful things. If ye name yer gun, then ye control it. Go ahead.”
>>
>>2480240
Equaliser
>>
>>2480240
Vindicta(its revenge in Latin)
>>
>>2480240
Persuader
>>
>>2480240
BAMF
>>
File: 11.png (7 KB, 321x468)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>2480259
>Persuader
Names are powerful. What you name, you know. What you know, you control. By naming your weapon, you have given a little of yourself to it, and you have taken a little of it for yourself. You feel a stirring while you hold your gun, that you just quite cannot put into words.
ITUANL has acquired a given name. Henceforth it shall be known as Persuader by its wielder, a foolish young woman with dreams of justice and vengeance.
>>
File: 12.gif (39 KB, 641x652)
39 KB
39 KB GIF
With revenge set in her heart, Oglona Selt has left adherence to the Law of the Land. She has stepped upon the path of Bullet Law.
>>
[The plot is going to be on autopilot for a short while, not for long though.]
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 299x168)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2480274
Let's hope the name helps us to become as skilled with this gun as its namesake's owner was.
>>
This sounds like KSBD. Is it KSBD in disguise, QM?
>>
>>2480288
Shit, you got me.
Well, if KSBD was a western based on the aesthetics of the Inuit instead of weird pseudo-Hinduism, that is.
>>
But if you mean that, this is not [b]literally[/b] KSBD. It's just inspired by KSBD. Qanaq is not a realm on the Wheel.
>>
>>2480362
>>2480288
>>2480366
KSBD?
>>
>>2481736
KILL

SIX

BILLION

DEMONS
>>
>>2481739
Shoot six billion bandits?
>>
>>2481930
This is the story of a gun, not our girl.

Cross westward through violence!
>>
>>2481943
Kill six billion of arbitrary people while moving westwards?
>>
>>2482449
Flower up your language if the title's to be that length! Else simplify it ironically.
>>
>>2482492
Cross to the west over six billion corpses?
>>
>>2482546
Getting there. Topple the vengeful and sunset their ambitions!

A shame this tale will outlive Oglana. Deep Six Billion Bandits would be a fantastic riff if it were appropriate.
>>
File: 13.png (41 KB, 641x652)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>Oglona: Return home for the day.
Dusk is upon you by the time you return to your forest house from Yunt. It has been two weeks since Higrin started tutoring you, and you have gotten a little bit cocky. Skeik and Krast are dumb as two separate backs of rocks, and they haven't noticed your slightly-too long disappearances yet.
As you approach your house today, however, things are... different. Instead of the rowdy yelling and laughing of your two unwelcome guests, an uneasy silence hangs in the air. Your intuition tells you something horrible is going on.
>>
>>2482877
>Sneak closer and see what's happening
Do we have the gun with us? Keep it hidden if so.
>>
>>2482877
>Keep quiet and sneak closer
>>
>>2482877
>Sneak closer and see what's happening
>>
File: 14.png (7 KB, 641x652)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>2482971
>>2483016
>>2483021
>Sneak closer, examine house
You keep the Persuader hidden beneath your coat, but you keep your hand near it, just in case. Quietly, so as not to disturb the snow beneath your feet, you sneak to the tree by the front porch, hide behind it, and stop to listen. There's indeed way too quiet here. You can barely hear anything else than the faint clucking coming from the chicken coop on the other side of the house. The front door is crooked slightly open.
As you eavesdrop a little more, you eventually manage to make out a little bit of noise coming from the house. It's a set of slow, careful footsteps, coming from your parents' bedroom.
>>
>>2484095
>Enter the house sneak while carefully looking around. Move towards the noise as silently as possible, ready to fire and run if needed.
>>
>>2484095
>Sneak to the bedroom window and try to get a look inside.
>>
QM, you better not have fucking abandoned us!
>>
>>2487048
I have not, I'm just busy as shit
>>
>>2485339
>Peek in through the bedroom window
Slowly, but surely, you stalk to the outer wall of the bedroom. The steps are getting more distinct as you get closer. They're slow and heavy, probably boots. Mom wears boots when she goes out, but then again, she's shot in the leg.
Trying your best not to show up in the windowframe, you try to peek through the drawn-together curtains. However, your attempts are futile; it is way too dark in the room.
>>
>>2487392
>Hide around the corner and make noise by throwing a rock at the tree in front of the window or something.
The intent is to make whoever's inside open the curtains to look outside. Then we can steal a look at them.
>>
>>2487439
>Hide around the corner and make a noise
You duck away from the tree and crouch down next to the porch. Hopefully you're hidden from view.
You pick up a rock from the earth in front of the porch. You take aim and chuck the stone at the tree you were hiding behind just a few seconds ago. The rock collides against the trunk with a loud *thud*.
The steps cease for a moment. Then they start again with more urgency. Whoever is inside hurries to the window and stops. You can hear a quiet clicking sound - thanks to Higrin's tutoring, you now instantly recognize of the sound of a gun being cocked. The unseen person inside opens the curtains just a little bit to peek outside, but not enough for you to make out their face.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.