[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

You are a Hero, a wandering adventurer of great power. You have Four Stats which display your might.

> Martial: Your physical prowess, skill at arms, strength, and dexterity
> Vigor: Your toughness, resisting poison, wounds, and possession.
> Cunning: Your cleverness, education, and mental sharpness.
> Charm: Your charisma, inspiring, convincing, and intimidating.

As your adventure progresses and you accumulate boons and artifacts your Stats will grow, but as you suffer agony beyond compare and wounds beyond repair, your Stats will decline and falter until your Vigor has drained to nothing and death's cold hand finally takes you.

> What is your name? No Titles yet, you'll earn those in time.
> Do you want to receive a bonus to your Martial, Vigor, Cunning, or Charm?
>>
>>2480539
>Delgado
>Cunning
>>
>>2480551

You are Delgado, and the depths of cunning are matched only by the sharpness of your wit.

> Martial: 1
> Vigor: 1
> Cunning: 2
> Charm: 1
> Boons:
> None, so far

You are a youth of eighteen summers and already, adventure calls!

> On which quest do you embark?

> A) Slay the mighty Troll Lord to prove your power!
> B) Explore the ancient tomb of a dead Emperor to test your courage!
> C) Challenge the riddle-master to make your wisdom plain for all to see!
>>
>>2480568
>C
>>
>>2480571

> Roll 1d10+2 to defeat the riddle-master
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2480579
Let's hope this works.
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2480579
In case this is a best of three thingy
>>
>>2480587
>>2480631

> 6 ≥ 6

You decide that the only appropriate foe to one of your intellect is the riddle-master, the fabled mountain sage who is said to know every riddle there ever was, is, and will be. Legend has it that any who defeat the riddle-master in a game of riddles will receive a mystical boon befitting a brilliant Hero, and you intend to be that Hero.

It takes you half a year to locate the riddle-master's mountain which is an adventure in and of itself, and it takes several weeks to navigate the cavern maze to reach the top without succumbing to the frost above. The riddle-master is as you'd expected, a wrinkled bespectacled man with a resplendent flowing beard. You announce yourself and your challenge, and without further ado, the game begins.

You thought yourself clever and the riddle-master puts that to the test. A month of verbal dueling flies by like a sparrow, and his tact is impressive, but yours is equally so. To your mutual astonishment, your capacities are entirely the same, and you find yourself locked in a draw, before the riddle-master's attention slips and a single word undoes the mosiac thread of questions he'd assembled.

> Through chance alone, you've bested the riddle-master at his own game!
> +1 Cunning

The riddle-master chuckles and for the first time, speaks plainly. "You've beaten me Traveler, and as such, a reward is in order." He waves his hand to encompass his cabin in a grand gesture. "Choose, wisely or not at all."

> Which gift do you take?

> A) The riddle-master's carved wooden ring
> B) The riddle-master's smooth stone cup
> C) The riddle-master's yellowed but serviceable notebook

> Delgado

> Cunning: 3
>>
>>2480762
>None

Defeating a master is a reward in its own
>>
>>2480762
> C) The riddle-master's yellowed but serviceable notebook

>>2480779
I respect where you're coming from here, but we gotta get those titles.
>>
>>2480807
Surely we'll earn titles from our deeds, not from... stone cups?
>>
>>2480813
Hey, don't diss the power of a stone cup.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>2480779
> 1
>>2480807
> 2
>>
Too late to vote?
>>
>>2480779

You ponder for several hours and then decide. "I require no reward, for the act of besting a master is a worthy reward in and of itself." The riddle-master nods and after a moment's contemplation, speaks, "In all of my centuries, I've never witnessed one so modest. For this, I bestow upon thee the Title, The Humble. May thou find great success in thine journeys, fare thee well."

He waves his hands once again and with a flash of light, you reappear at the base of the mountain where you began your climb to the summit. It seems the riddle-master was more than they seemed.

> For his worthy deeds, Delgado has gained his First Title, "The Humble"

"The Humble." It is a Title sure to be spoken of in tales to come, no doubt.

> Adventure beckons, where do you travel?

> A) To the North, where the savage clans dwell!
> B) To the East, where the turbulent seas sway!
> C) To the West, where the sorcerer-king Telton reigns!
> D) To the South, where the lesser kingdoms stay steadfast!

> Delgado The Humble

> Age: 18.5 summers
> Boons: N/A
>>
>>2480863
>>> D) To the South, where the lesser kingdoms stay steadfast!
>>
>>2480865

To the South you shall go, where a dozen lesser kingdoms and a hundred petty fiefdoms hold sway!

> Roll 1d10 to determine what you find!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>2480878
Here you go

>>2480842
Your time to shine buddy, I'm going to bed.
>>
>>2480880
Nice roll
>>
>>2480880

Your journey though the stony hills of the northlands takes a mere two months and when you've reached the first of the many kingdoms, you decide to find your rest in a poor roadside tavern. You lack coin, but such is your tale of your duel of minds, you're able to persuade your way into free drink, stew, and lodging.

The drink is excellent, the stew is even moreso, and the straw bed nothing short of divine, but the best part of your stay are the rumors you've heard. So grand is your Cunning, you find most to be naught but falsehoods and half-truths and so you discount them, but a few are worthy of a Hero's effort.

> Which truthful rumor do you pursue?

> A) Koenig the Frost Giant has kidnapped the King of Rednuk's firstborn daughter and taken her to his ice keep far to the North! The King is in mourning, and has offered a magnificent reward to any who can save her!
> B) The tomb of Balthaghast the Grand, an ancient wizard has been unearthed and is said to contain treasure beyond compare, but so deadly are its deftly-hidden traps, none who've delved it have lived to tell the tale!
> C) A heartless bandit has stolen the Flaming Sword of Alteu, a sacred relic of the church, and is abusing its powers to gather a host around himself and rampage across the land!

> Delgado The Humble

> Age: 18.6 summers
>>
>>2480910
>A
We gotta save some lives here.
>>
>>2480918

The firstborn daughter of the King of Rednuk must be rescued by any means available! Frost Giants are clever and Koenig's ice keep is sure to be hidden, both by isolation and enchantment, but with your keen mind, you're certain you can find it! The crippling cold is another matter, considering your rather lackluster Vigor, but time will tell if you were right to worry.

> Roll 1d10+3 to locate Koenig's ice keep
Then,
> Roll 1d10+1 to withstand the icy chill of the North

> Delgado The Humble

> Age: 18.6 summers
>>
Rolled 7 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2480935
>>
Rolled 7 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2480935
>>2480942
I'll roll for chill.
>>
>>2480967
Nice mah doode
good rolls
>>
>>2480942
>>2480967

Now that you've already traveled along its paths, the trek to the North takes only a month. The cold is cutting and bitter, but luckily, you manage to trick a nomad into giving you his spare pelt, allowing you to survive. A month after you've began the search for Koenig's keep you've begun to worry you'll never reach it when you notice a pattern in the snowfall.

Realizing this, you sit cross-legged and watch the snowflakes for two weeks, attempting to solve the puzzle to their fall. Once you've discovered the direction of the drift represents the lines on a map of the region, it's child's play and within a mere half-month, you've solved the enigma. Such is the difficulty of the mystery and the ease with which you solved it, you find yourself impressed with your own brilliance.

> +1 Cunning

From there, it takes only three day's walk, and then you see it. An enormous fortress formed of blocks of chopped ice, stacked and fused into one mass. Even from a far distance, you can feel the cold emanating from it and you only hope your furs are enough.

You can see at least a dozen Frost Giants standing guard, and though you have a spear and some measure of martial skill, you're smart enough to know you've no hope of taking them head-on. If you want to save the King of Rednuk's firstborn, you'll have to enter this imposing bastion of ice.

> How do you attempt to get inside?

> A) You'll attempt to climb the side of the wall as best as you're able.
> B) You'll attempt to puzzle out an exploitable flaw in the keep's architecture.
> C) You won't bother with any treachery, you'll simply walk up and ask politely.

> Delgado The Humble

> Cunning: 4

> Age: 18.8 summers
>>
>>2481031
> C) You won't bother with any treachery, you'll simply walk up and ask politely.
>>
>>2481047

> Roll 1d10+1 to enter without controversy
>>
Rolled 9 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2481054
ez
>>
>>2481057

You see no need to bother with arduous climbing and tedious scheming. Instead, you'll approach the gate and make your intentions clear. As you approach the gate, you notice the Frost Giants cease their patrol and stand at attention. For creatures their size, their senses are unnaturally potent and you feel relieved you didn't attempt to scale the sides of the keep.

When you stand a hundred paces from the gate, a colossal guard cries out, "WHO GOES THERE!" You reply, shouting as loudly as possible, "It is I, Delgado The Humble, and I come to meet Koenig on official business!" The Frost Giants turn to mutter to themselves, then turn back to face you. "VERY WELL, WE'LL SEE YOU TO HIM!" That was much easier than you thought it would be.

> +1 Charm

One steps forward, lowering his hand so his outstretched palm is level with the ground. Immediately grasping his intent, you step onto the Giant's hand and curl into a fetal position to avoid falling off. Little over ten minutes later, the Giant carrying you grunts and you stand. You're in an unimaginably vast hall, and no less than a dozen guards stand to flank an enormous throne carved of ice.

If the rest of the Giants are large, the figure of the throne has earned his name. He holds a massive stone hammer which he wields like a scepter and diagonal to his head, an iron birdcage dangles, it would be enormous before any man, but in this hall, it is an insignificant trinket. Within the cage, a heavily furred figure tiny like yourself grasps the bars and watches you. If that's the princess, the figure on the throne must be...

"Koenig, Chieftain of the Frost Giants! I am Delgado The Humble, and I have come to talk with you!" The hammer-wielding titan nods, "WELL MET TRAVELER, WHY HAVE YOU COME TO MY HALLS?"

> You must provide an answer.

> "Mighty One, I have come to gaze upon your magnificence!"
> "Chieftain, I have come to retrieve the princess on behalf of the King of Rednuk!"
> "Greatest of Giants, I have come to match wits with you in a game of riddles!"

> Delgado The Humble

> Charm: 2

>>
>>2481120
> "Greatest of Giants, I have come to match wits with you in a game of riddles!"
>>
Rolled 7 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2481135
Oh right, i might have to roll for that
Going to bed btw, loving the quest so far
>>
>>2481135

"Greatest of Giants, I have come to match wits with you in a game of riddles!" The Frost Giant's booming laugh is nothing like the riddle-master's, but the staggering intellect in his eyes is every bit as clear. "AFTER ALL YOU'VE DONE TO GET HERE, I SUPPOSE I CAN'T LEAVE YOU WANTING, CAN I?"

And so, a game of riddles much fiercer than challenge of the riddle-master begins!

> Roll 1d10+4 to defeat the Frost Giant Chieftain!

> Delgado The Humble

>>
Rolled 1 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2481145
last post
ez
>>
Rolled 9 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2481145
>>2481153
lmao we fucked
>>
>>2481172
Never lucki
>Last post btw
>>
>>2481141

> 11 > 10

For all the blither and blather about dimwitted Giants, Koenig proved himself to be a worthy foe and then some. The game went on for no less than a month, interspersed with short breaks to rest and sup for your sake, before resuming to continue the battle of minds.

He's far smarter than he looks and you had your hands full with him, but by all reckoning you're just a hair cleverer, and it's only a matter of time before the you've ensnared Koenig in a web of words even his godlike strength cannot sunder. When he is forced to concede defeat, the while of the hall is silent and you begin to fear for your life, before he begins to laugh once again.

"I, KOENIG THE WISE, HAVE BEEN BESTED BY A MERE MORTAL? I CAN SCARCELY BELIEVE IT BUT IT MUST BE TRUE! DELGADO, YOUR HUMILITY IS SORELY MISPLACED! YOU'RE THE FIRST MAN TO BEST ME IN A THOUSAND OF YOUR GENERATIONS, AND FOR THAT, I MUST REWARD YOU!"

> You've beaten the Frost Giant in a game of riddles, but only barely!
> What do you claim as your reward?

> A) Enough treasure for a King's ransom, to be hauled by a team of snow oxen!
> B) A fearsome magical artifact, such as the lands to the South have never seen!
> C) The freedom of the fair maiden, the princess you came here for!

> Delgado The Humble

>>
>>2481183
>> C) The freedom of the fair maiden, the princess you came here for!
>>
>>2481153

You feel a sudden sense of luck at doing something you've done earlier, what could it mean?
>>
>>2481183
> C) The freedom of the fair maiden, the princess you came here for!
>>2481190
I love you man
>>
>>2481183
>C) The freedom of the fair maiden, the princess you came here for!
>>
>>2481187

"Great One, I may select any reward within your keep?" The Chieftain nods, "ANYTHING WITHIN THESE HALLS, SAVE MY HAMMER AND MY CROWN IS YOURS, SIMPLY SAY THE WORD MORTAL!"

Excellent. "Then I ask for the freedom of the King of Rednuk's daughter, that I might return her to her father!" Koenig tilts his head, "ARE YOU SURE?" You say, "She's what I came her for!" He rubs his grizzled chin. "VERY WELL, SHE IS YOURS TO KEEP!"

His colossal hand grips the bird cage, unlatches it, and throws it toward the guard holding you, who catches it with ease. The guard undoes the clasp, and after a moment's scrambling, a weeping young woman with skin as pale as the snow and a head of fiery red hair runs out. She embraces you and without asking consent, kisses you. Taking a moment to comprehend your first kiss, you return the favor with great gusto to the great laughter of the hall.

Her face is beautiful by anyone's standards, even it's marred by rivers of tears, and you feel you've chosen well. Koenig speaks, "LEAVE MY HALL MORTAL, TAKE THE MAIDEN WITH YOU, AND NEVER RETURN UNLESS IT'S WITH A BLADE IN HAND! FOR THE SAKE OF GOOD SPORT, THE GIANT HOLDING YOU WILL CARRY YOU BACK TO THE SOUTH, AND FROM THERE, YOU'LL FIND YOUR OWN WAY! FARE THEE WELL DELGADO, FARE THEE WELL!"

> Companion gained: Cynim the beautiful maiden, firstborn daughter of the King of Rednuk! She's little over 17 summers of age, and while she possesses no skill, her gratitude is immeasurable!

> With Cynim in tow, what shall you do?

> A) Return her untouched to her father and claim your reward, as is the right thing to do, and as is your right!
> B) Resume your adventures, with her to keep company, your nights will be lively! May the King choke on his ire!

> Delgado The Humble

>>
>>2481223
>A) Return her untouched to her father and claim your reward, as is the right thing to do, and as is your right!
>>
>>2481223
A
>>
>>2481223
>A
>>
>>2481238
>>2481241

As much as you and Cynim want to wander the land together, you decide that the right thing to do is return her to her father. A week's walk goes by and when you've reached the beginning of the end of the Northlands, the Frost Giant releases you and turns back to return from whence he came. After the time you've spent in the ice wastes and with Cynim's guidance, you reach Rekiok, the capital of Rednuk in a mere two months travel, where you get to know each other very well, though not intimately.

> Cynim's Stats
> Martial: 0
> Vigor: 0
> Cunning: 1
> Charm: 3

She's a dainty and feminine maiden, not learned in the ways of war, nor accustomed to the rigors of travel, though her beauty is truly awe-inspiring and her mind, while undeniably lesser than yours, is learned enough to at least keep up with the content of your conversation. It's a shame you'll have to be leaving her soon.

The capital is made of bricks and mortor, laboriously put together from the clay surrounding the river which flows beside it, and for all its tall towers, the royal palace is easily the most impressive building in the city. You and Cynim approach the gate, stopping at a hundred paces, and as you feel a strong sense of deja vu, you state your business, and within minutes, you've been ushered in to see the King.

The King of Rednuk, Parthas the Mercurial is a short, portly man with a great crimson beard and not a patch of hair upon his head. At the sight of his daughter, he breaks into tears, and they run to embrace each other. Several minutes pass before they seperate, and the King turns to face you with a serious expression, "Great Hero, you have saved the life of my beloved only daughter, and at great risk to yourself. You cannot imagine the magnitude of my gratitude, and for this, I shall give you anything you ask of me, save Cynim's hand in marriage, for she is betrothed to the prince of a neighboring land, and their union will bring peace to our kingdoms."

> Claim your reward and Choose Two!

> A) Your very own fiefdom on the outskirts of the kingdom, home to rich soil and a stout fortress.
> B) A King's ransom in treasure, the equivalent of a hundred million in an alien world's dollars.
> C) The rarely-given gift of knighthood, and with it, entry into the ranks of minor nobility.
> D) A powerful magical artifact, forged by the court wizard at great cost for your benefit.
> E) Marriage to a lesser noble of the court's plain-faced daughter, and with it, entry into the ranks of major nobility.
> F) You saved her life, nothing else will do, ans you've more than earned it, you want Cynim's hand in marriage! (Roll 1d10+2)

> Delgado The Humble

> Age: 18.9 summers
>>
>>2481280
>Continue being humble as fuck, ask for nothing.
>>
Rolled 9 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2481280
Wait, did our stats just go down from the trip back?

Anyway, I agree with >>2481301 that we've already established ourselves as humble and need to keep that up, but we can do more than just say now, let's request.

>A king's ransom in treasure...spread out to improve the lives of the kingdom's people.

And

>Cynim's hand in marriage, if she desires it.
>>
>>2481280
>Be humble mah nibba
>>
File: Patracing.jpg (20 KB, 480x372)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2481280
>Parthas the Mercurial is a short, portly man with a great crimson beard and not a patch of hair upon his head.

Pat?

> D) A powerful magical artifact, forged by the court wizard at great cost for your benefit.
Make us strong
>>
>>2481301
>>2481313
>>2481329

"Noble One, first I ask of you a fortune of treasure, fit to ransom a King." Parthas nods, "Certainly, I'll see it sent to-" You interject, "To be distributed to the poor and needy of the land, to improve their lot in life." The King's eyes widen, "You would give your reward to the commoners, for no motive but pure altruism? Truly Delgado, you are a Humbler man than I. I will see to it that your desire is fulfilled to the best of my ability."

You nod, then kneel before the King amd Cynim. "Your Highness, you have my sincerest thanks but there is but one more thing I must ask of you. Cynim, will you be bound to me in holy matrimony, and Parthas, would you allow me to take your daughter's hand in marriage?" Both stand still, in shocked silence as you wait in suspense.

> 11 > 10

Tears well in the princess's eyes, and the King is the first to break the silence. "Her love for you is true, this even a blind man could see, and were I to seperate you, she would never know the happiness she deserves. You have braved the Northern ice wastes and faced the mightiest of the Frost Giants for her, and Prince Hokron has done nothing to earn her love but crawl out his mother's womb. Even if I were to enlist a Hero as wise as yourself, I could never hope to find a better groom for my daughter. Delgado The Humble, your proposal has my blessing. Cynim, what say you?"

The tears building behind her lashes burst forth in a flood, and when she speaks, her voice cracks. "Yes. Yes, a thousand times, yes!" Her embrace is soft, and her lips, softer. When you part to stare into each other's eyes, the King speaks. "I'll furnish a grand palace, a mansion with a hundred servants in the heartland of the kingdom, it shall be unlike anything anyone has ever seen, it shall be-" You interject once more, "With all due respect sire, I have no need for such ostentatious lodgings. A secluded log cabin is more than enough."

"I see your namesake wasn't given in vain, but be that as it may, my daughter is a princess and I would never see her reduced to such squalor. You'll receive a minor estate, a three-story fortified manor with half a dozen guards and no less than twenty servants to tend to it. That is my final offer, Hero, take it, or leave my presence this instant." A bit pricier than you'd prefer, but, "I'll take it, for her sake." Parthas's face lightens up. "Excellent! I'll arrange the ceremony immediately!"

> Delgado The Humble has married Cynim, the firstborn daughter of King Parthas!

> Cont.
>>
>>2481578

One month, hundreds of introductions with the nobility, and tens of thousands of thanks from impoverished peasants later, you've been wedded to Cynim, and she, to you. You don't think either of you will ever forget the night after the ceremony, and you're both the happiest you've ever been. The estate isn't luxurious, but it's comfortable, and you're pleased to note the servants are servants in name only, and live in a small hamlet surrounding the stone manor.

> You've just married, but the question remains. Will you honeymoon with your wife for a year's time, or will you resume your adventures immediately?

> A) You'll honeymoon at the manor, a year time is a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.
> B) You'll resume your adventures, you're in the throes of youth, and have no time to waste!

> Delgado The Humble

> Boons:
> A small estate in Rednuk
> Marriage with Cynim, the firstborn princess of Rednuk royalty
>>
>>2481578
>B) You'll resume your adventures, you're in the throes of youth, and have no time to waste!

There's still so much work to be done.
>>
>>2481581

> A) You'll honeymoon at the manor, a year time is a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.

Let's take a year to enjoy marriage with our wife while we're both still young and lusty, and get her knocked up so she isn't alone when we're on our next adventure.
>>
>>2481581
>C) You'll do as your wife wishes of you; you may be clever, but you won't presume to know her wants. If she'd have you stay with her at the manor, you will; if she'd have you seek adventure alongside her, you will. She deserves as much consideration.
>>
>>2481611
>>2481619

There is more work to be done and you thirst to see it finished, but you can't abandon your wife mere days after marriage, that would be unspeakably selfish, and the very thought of doing so hurts you. One night after you've both spent yourselves sanctifying your bonds of matrimony, you ask her, "Cynim, my love for you burns brighter than the hottest torch, but my desire to seek adventure and right wrongs wherever they can be found is yet greater."

You smother her with a passionate kiss before continuing into her ear, "My love, would you have me honeymoon here for a year's time and beget my children that we might start a family together, or would you accompany me in my trials abroad, and there, forge a loving union unlike any other?" Her crisp blue eyes almost bring you to tears and you shudder as she whispers, "Stay with me for a year's time, that we might love each other while we are yet young, and fill me with your seed, that I might bare your sons and daughters!" She pulls you into her arms and you relinquish yourself to your lover's embrace.

The next morning, you stand, look to the sparse luxury of the room and sigh. You'd rather be on the road, but the closeness with your spouse more than makes up for it. Hopefully, this will be a long year.

> Roll 1d4!

> Delgado The Humble

> Boons:
>>
Rolled 1 (1d4)

>>2481677
>>
>>2481686

Over the course of a year's time, in-between bouts of love-making with your spouse, you dedicate yourself to sparring with the guards and honing your skill with the weapons of war. You don't want to see yourself die a premature death at the hands of any foe, and seeing your loving wife's belly swell with child only strengthens your resolve.

> +1 Martial

Before you know it, one year has passed and your wife has given birth to your first child, a bouncing baby boy nearly fifteen pounds large! You name the boy (Write-In) and spend a few more months with him and Cynim, both dreading and anticipating the day you must go. Alas, but the day has come, and so once again you must adventure!

> But where to?

> The North, you've yet to grow tired of the cold, and you can test the sharpness of your wit and sword on the savage monsters there!
> The West, where the lesser kingdoms give way to the mystical woodlands and beast-man tribes!
> The East, the southern frontier of the sorcerer-king's holdings should hold bountiful opportunity!
> The South, where civilization grows ever-denser and the people's there were once united in one empire!

> Delgado The Humble

> Martial: 2

> Age: 19.9 summers
> Boons:
>>
>>2481732
>Name: Cyngaldo
>The West
>>
>>2481732
>The East, the southern frontier of the sorcerer-king's holdings should hold bountiful opportunity!
>>
>>2481732
>The North, you've yet to grow tired of the cold, and you can test the sharpness of your wit and sword on the savage monsters there!
Test our wit!
>>
>>2481749
>Cyngaldo
*Cyngado
>>
>>2481732
>Montero
>The East
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>2481749
> 1
>>2481750
> 2
>>2481762
> 3

You named the baby boy Cyngado, after his mother and father, and spent much much time considering where you would travel.
>>
Being sharp of wit and humble of spirit is fine, but we also need to be strong in body and indomitable in will.

We need to get swole.
>>
>>2481824
The north would have held all we needed for that
>>
>>2481824
Hey, we can duke it out with some beastmen.
>>
This quest is much more fun than you'd first think.

We are very very smart. Perhaps we should go wizard route? Try to get some magic?
>>
>>2481732
>> The East, the southern frontier of the sorcerer-king's holdings should hold bountiful opportunity!
>>
>>2482131
So sick of magic in every quest like this
>>
>>2481732
>The North, you've yet to grow tired of the cold, and you can test the sharpness of your wit and sword on the savage monsters there!
>You will tame these harsh lands, for there are riches here more valuable than material wealth.
>>
>>2481803
>>2481749

You pack your belongings, say your goodbyes, and set off to the West, where the mystic woods grow! At first, the kingdoms that border Rednuk to the West, Burkil and Demth, strike you as similar to Cymin's homeland but you notice the father you go, the thicker the trees become before you reach the end of the central kingdoms and from there on out, the grassy plains give way to shrouded woodland. The journey to the forest took you a month a half, and finding civilization took another two weeks.

After much searching you stumbled upon a settlement, more a logging camp than a village, who claim they pay their dues to Odak the Forest King, who rules all men in these woods. They had no tavern given that travelers are incredibly rare, but these secluded folk were nonetheless hospitable and you found lodging in the home of their mayor, who spoke of a great many things of great interest to one such as yourself.

> The tapestry of fate reaches out, which thread do you pull?

> A) The children of settlements have been disappearing in the dead of night and judging by the unholy symbols etched into the trees, a vile coven of witches is responsible, and no doubt plan to do unspeakable things!
> B) The beast-folk tribes have raided and plundered manfolk homes since the beginning of Western settlement and until now, they've always fought amongst themselves and kept their numbers low, but a great chief has begun unite them beneath his rule and if he isn't stopped, they'll attack the center kingdoms in an unstoppable warpath!
> C) Legend has it that in the Northern swamps a great and terrible seven-headed lizardbeast dwells and if one of its heads is severed, two more grow in its place! Legend says any who slay it by their own hand and wear its hide upon their skin will gain a measure of its healing power!

> Delgado The Humble

> Age: 20.1 summers
> Boons:
>>
>>2482683
>A
>>
>>2482683
>A
>>
>>2482698
>>2482702

You will hunt the witch-cult!

> Roll 1d10+4 to locate their whereabouts!
>>
Rolled 10 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2482722
>>
>>2482728

You deduce that traipsing about the woodland in search of a hidden lair is the least efficient course of action and instead you resolve to wait at a village until a witch arrives to kidnap a child. Sure enough, after a week's time a cackling warty hag on a broomstick arrives, scoops up a child who was out alone in the middle of the night, and flies away. Upon realizing that with the witch's confidence they'd almost certainly fly straight back to their lair, you're quick enough to deduce the broom's trajectory and from there, the precise geographic location of the coven's shelter, which you deduce must be some sort of cave from the gray dust clinging to the bottom of the witch's rags.

> +1 Cunning

> Now that you know the whereabouts of the witch coven, what will you do?

> A) Travel to nearby villages and do what you can to enlist the services of a bona fide angry pitchfork and torches mob! Burn the witch!
> B) Travel to the witch's lair yourself, you don't know what sort of supernatural evil they could muster, and you don't want innocent peasants getting hurt.

> Delgado The Humble

> Cunning: 5

> Boons:
>>
>>2482742
>A
Pitchforks yes
>>
>>2482742
> B)
Lets try talking some sense into her
>>
>>2482750

> Roll 1d10+2 to BURN THE WITCH!
>>
Rolled 7 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2482742
>A) Travel to nearby villages and do what you can to enlist the services of a bona fide angry pitchfork and torches mob! Burn the witch!
>>2482755
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>2482750
> 1
>>2482754
> 2

On second thought, you feel a sense of uncertainty.
>>
So what are the average person's stats? Is 5 in cunning just really smart or absolute genius level?
>>
>>2482771
See Cynim for reference, I suppose. 3 in Charm is legendary, but even a 0 in Vigor doesn't make a person sickly and notably frail. Starting with all 1s already makes you HEROic.

>>2482763
Use Cunning to organize an effective mob. Pitchforks, torches, hunting bows, group leaders, and watchers to guard against ambush.
>>
>>2482775
Makes sense, I suppose.

On a side note, with our current level of Cunning, I suggest picking up a hobby for tinkering and inventing when we've got nothing else to do, and maybe selling our one of a kind creations for mad amounts of cash.
>>
>>2482763
>>2482759

And decide to go ahead with it anyway. Without wasting a minute, you awaken the entire hamlet, tell them what you saw, and how you've discovered the location of the witch's lair through the use of mathematics!

> 9 > 8

The peasants are so impressed by your explanation they believe you without question despite your lack of proof, and dub you The Witch-Finder!

> For discovering the location of the Westwood witch's coven through wits alone, Delgado has earned his Second Title, "The Witch-Finder"

From there, you take charge and send messengers to the nearest settlements, to gather an army to rescue the children, or at the very least avenge them! Within a week's time almost three-hundred burly lumberjack and cunning hunters have answered your call, a stupendous feat considering there's only two dozen men a village, and only one village every three day's walk.

Following your lead, they march long and far, and eventually come upon a massive cave. The rotting human bones and suspended skull-candles confirm your suspicions, this is the lair of the vile witch-cult! Luckily, they don't have a sentry keeping watch, and they must not know of your presence.

> What is your plan?

> A) The angry mob will storm the cave full-force, stab any old ladies with pointy hats, burn the bodies, and rescue the children, simple enough.
> B) The angry mob will do its best to sneak into the cave as far as possible, and then, they stab, beat, and burn the witches.
> C) The angry mob will stay at the mouth of the cave and make sure no witches escape while you sneak in and defeat them yourself.

> Delgado The Humble, The Witch-Finder

> Boons:
>>
>>2482787
>C
The witches might be able to escape in the chaos if we fill this place with our angry mob, but if we can get them to run right INTO the angry mob, then we're golden.
>>
>>2482791

> Roll 1d10+2 to sneak into the cave!
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2482792
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2482792
>>
Rolled 8 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2482792
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2482792
>>
>>2482797

You tell the angry mob to remain by at the mouth of the cave while you sneak in and use your trickery to send them into a panic, when they'll flee right into their arms. They agree it's a good plan and wish you the best of luck in the evil witch's lair while they wait, nice and safe outside.

> 7 < 8

As you enter the cave you feel a sudden chill, and as you reach the middle, you begin to hear chanting in a strange language you only vaguely understand from your great cunning. Something about roasting the turkeys for the lemon king, or something along those lines. Wait, roasting turkeys for the lemon king? Roasting... Lemon... Demon... DEMON KING! Oh no oh no oh no!

You hurry as fast as you can and stumble upon the bottom of the cave. A massive cavern with perhaps two dozen witches, holding hands and surrounding a massive pentagram, with over a hundred crying children bound hand and feet in the middle. The pentagram is faintly glowing and you don't think the red tint is paint. You're about to sneak up and knife one of the witches to disrupt their ritual when your foot slides on gravel and the noise carries through the chamber.

You hear a shrill screetch and the chanting comes to a stop. The witches turn to face you, and each is more hideous than the last. You move to run and curse, your own limbs won't obey you. The witches laugh and the most hideous of them all, a withered crone with skin like rotting flesh and a pointy hat as tall and wide as a child laughs the loudest. She walks up to you and as you squirm, she strokes your cheek with clawed talons.

"So handsome... A man this fine could be nothing but a Hero, come to put a stop to our summoning, no doubt!" Your cunning alone saves you, "No, vilest of hags, never! I have come to-"

> A) "Learn from the evilest of all witches of the Western wood!"
> B) "Bring you a worthy offering to put a curse on my greatest foe!"
> C) "Smite you in the name of GOD, you craven wench of the devil begone!"

> Boons:
>>
>>2482831
Might as well finish the job, plus, might get us a boon from God.
>>
>>2482831
>C) "Smite you in the name of GOD, you craven wench of the devil begone!"
>>
>>2482831
>B
Fighting them head on is not a good call, but trying to take up their time by asking for knowledge probably won't work either. The chance for profit is the best way to keep them distracted until we can figure out how to defeat them.
>>
>>2482835
Altho i dubt they actually will get smited, we might trick them into thinking they are about to be
>>
>>2482843
Yeah. Maybe launch into a loud dialogue that may or may not include subtle hints to the villagers to come in and help.
>>
>>2482835
>>2482838
>>2482843

> Roll 1d10+2 to bluff for your life, in the name of GOD!
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2482860
Come on Dice Gods!
>>
Rolled 8 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2482860
LET'S DO THIS
>>
>>2482863
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDMz2ml0gw
>>
>>2482863

> Roll 1d10+2 to see if GOD bails you out!
> +2 for selfless humility
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2482873
Oh boy
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2482873
+2 on top of Charm?
>>
>>2482873
I'm never rolling again.
>>
>>2482876

> Roll 1d10+1 to survive the witch crone's curse without the help of GOD!
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2482886
100% ded
>>
>>2482890
Oh boy.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (78 KB, 1024x496)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2482890

> Roll 1d100+3 to see how your deeds are remembered...
>>
>>2482890
>100% ded
i guess we should have taken the crowd with us huh
never lucki
>>
>>2482896
Fuck me, dude. This was a failure beyond failures.
>>
File: 018_1489919302.jpg (86 KB, 329x910)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>2482890
Roll stats for Cyngado, our next character
>>
>>2482890
RIP IN PEACE
>>
>>2482896

>>
Rolled 97 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>2482896
>>2482915
Oops, thought this was a joke. Doing it now.
>>
Rolled 10 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>2482896
Kind of surprised that instantly killed us rather than draining our Vigor.
>>
>>2482916
OH BABY
>>
File: 1216705470833.png (15 KB, 497x501)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>2482916
Praise GOD
>>
>>2482916
Moral of the story: not 100% dead
Oh boy im glad this quest can continue
>>
>>2482835
>>2482838
>>2482843
Ffs what were you thinking?

Whatever, no point fighting over spilled milk and unlucky rolls
>>2482916
At least, while we do are 100% ded, we made for a good legend.
>>
>>2482947
>Ffs what were you thinking?
Deus Vult.
>>
>>2482947
They forgot to be HUMBLE!
>>
>>2482954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FdnA4SyYzE
Delgado The Humble, patron saint of riddles and witch hunting
>>
File: glorious-light.jpg (22 KB, 400x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>2482835
>>2482838
>>2482843

> 7 < 8

"No, vilest of hags, never! I have come to smite you in the name of GOD, craven wench of the devil begone!" The witch smirks, "Is that so, Hero?"

>>2482876

> 6 < 10

You struggle to strike the witch or flee, but your limbs are bound steadfast by a force you cannot see! The whole coven cackles as the head crone wraps her hand around your throat and squeezes. "Any last words Hero?"

>>2482890

> 3 < 8

You don't give her the satisfaction, and spit in her yellowed eye. With a scowl, she mutters the words to a vile curse and you scream in agony as every drop of liquid drains from your body, leaving you a mummified corpse. The last sight your earthly eyes see is the arrow piercing the crone's throat, and as you hear the shouts of righteous rage and dying witches, you weep to think of the family you've left behind.

> Delgado The Humble, The Witch-Finder has met his end at the age of 20 summers!

>>2482916

> In death, Delgado gains a new Title, "The Martyr," and is forever immortalized for selflessly sacrificing himself so that the children of the Westwood could be saved from the wicked witch of West! Such is the tragic beauty of the tale of He Who's Wit Bested the Riddle-Master and the Frost Giant King, Ending at the Hands of the Witch Crone, the legend is glorified throughout all of the land, The Humble One is canonized as the Saint of Modesty, and he is remembered in children's tales until the stars go cold!

> --FINAL STATS & BOONS--

> Boons:

> --FARE THEE WELL DELGADO--
> --MAY THOU REST IN PEACE--

> Who will take up the Hero's mantle now?

> A) Cyngado, the son of Delgado, who's forever trapped in his father's shadow!
> B) Delgado's Tale is told! It is time for a new Hero, with a new legend!
> C) Enough of Heroism, it is time to put this quest to rest.
>>
>>2483052
> A)
DADDY ISSUES, GOOOOO!
>>
>>2483052
>A
THIS BLOODLINE SHALL CARRY ON
>>
>>2483052
>B

Kinda shitty that one failed roll did us in.
>>
>>2483052
>B

Charm-heavy Casanova with bastards and wives galore, you have my vote!
>>
>>2483052
>A
>>2483085
I think its fine, it makes the quest more interesting
>>
>>2483067
>>2483072
>>2483102

You are Cyngado, Son of Delgado! Ever since the death of the father you never knew, his legend spread to all corners of the earth and such was the generosity of the common man, your mother never wanted for anything. But you have, to stand and follow on your father's footsteps, and now that you're 18 summers of age, your mother cannot keep you from your destiny!

Unlike your father, you are a large and muscly man with a face only a mother could love, and while you're nowhere near as clever as your father was, you're no fool either. The sages have claimed your stature is the result of the Frost Giant's magic, and after uprooting a tree with your bare hands and weathering winter without so much as a shirt, you're not inclined to disagree.

> Cyngado's Stats

> Vigor: 2
> Charm: 0

> What shall you do for your first adventure?

> A) Find and slay every last witch in Rednuk to avenge your father's death and your mother's loss!
> B) Go to the capital and challenge the foreign King Hokron for his throne, as true royal blood flows in your veins!
> C) Travel to a foreign land, if you're to escape your father's legend, you'll have to go where no-one's heard it!
>>
>>2483124
> C)
Daddy issues run through our blood.
>>
>>2483124
>A
We are going to make witches an endangered species.
>>
>>2483124
>C
>>
>>2483133
This
>>
>>2483133
>>2483137

> Roll 1d10 to determine what you find!
>>
>>2483124
>A) Find and slay every last witch in Rednuk to avenge your father's death and your mother's loss!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>2483140
>>
>>2483144
Off to a good start
>>
>>2483151
Of course.
>>
>>2483144
I love your name
>>
>>2483144

You begin your journey to leave the Rednuk to the North, where you feel the call to adventure in your very bones! It takes less than a month to reach the southernmost Northern lands and you thirst to reach out and find glory, but as a cruel voice cries out, you realize that glory has found you.

You turn to see eight men walking onto the trail, each of them wielding a hefty club or sharpened axe. You're equipped with a chainmail shirt, iron spear, wooden shield, and iron sword. The biggest of them, who's almost your size, repeats himself. "Drop yer spear, yer shield, n' yer sword! Then throw down yer shirt and wha'ever coin ye got, n' we might let you live!"

Bandits.

> How do you react?

> A) You lift your spear and charge the roadside thieves, death before dishonor!
> B) You run and flee, no matter your parentage, you're but one man, and they're eight in number!
> C) You laugh and challenge their leader for the right to rule! Damn your father, you'll strike your own path!

> Cyngado, Son of Delgado

> Age: 18.1
>>
>>2483170
It's my title, my legacy.

It's what the future generations will remember me as.
>>
>>2483174
C
Our father died because he didn't have backup until it's too late. We're going to take over this bandit group for ourselves.
>>
>>2483174
> B
>>
>>2483178
He died because you guys didn't follow my lead and take the crowd in.
>>
>>2483174
>C
Daddy issues lead us to become a villain.
>>
>>2483186
Yeah, he didn't have backup until it was too late.
>>
>>2483199
Our fault, we could have had backup but we chose not to.

If we're going bandit leader route let's at least reform them into robin hood band of merry men or something
>>
>>2483222
That is indeed the case. As for reforming them, we'll see.
>>
>>2483222
Oh yeah, I actually do think that we can turn these guys into a merry band of misfits and vagabonds. Cyngado needs to find himself right now.
>>
>>2483178
>>2483187

> Roll 1d10 to challenge their leader!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>2483286
>>
>>2483290

> 6 = 6

You laugh, "I am a mighty warrior, and I challenge your leader for the right to rule!" The bandits mutter to themselves for a moment, then their leader steps forward. "I accept." He lifts his club and charges, "RAAAAGH!"

> Roll 1d10+2 to fight!

> Cyngado, Son of Delgado

>>
Rolled 1 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2483305
BIG MONEY BIG MONEY NO WHAMMIES NO WHAMMIES
>>
File: 9e3.gif (79 KB, 600x450)
79 KB
79 KB GIF
>>2483317
>>
>>2483317
Starting off strong, I see.
>>
>>2483085
It was like four failed rolls.
>>
>>2483317

> Roll 1d10+2 to endure the strike!
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2483919
GIVE ME THE POWER I BEG OF YOU!
>>
>>2483920
What a character arc
>>
>>2483934
>>2483934
Cyngado's new theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMmXCKxwa0k
>>
>>2483920

The bandit chief charges you and you stab at him with your spear, but his hands are quick and be deflects your attack with a parry, a moment later, he draws back and swings his club with his full weight behind it, smashing into your forehead- where it shatters into no less than a thousand pieces.

> +1 Vigor

You grunt, lift your spear and pierce his midsection. He stumbles, you release the spear and shove him onto the ground where he struggles to remove it from his stomach. Then, you take a stone the size of your head, and slam it down into his face, one, two, a dozen times until nothing remains but red paste. You lift your spear, spit on the ruined corpse, and turn toward the bandits. "Is that good enough?"

Their frenzied cheering is more than enough of an answer, and they make you their new chief on the spot! While they're praising your martial strength, one of the criminals nicknames you "Club-Breaker," you like it, and it sticks, so you think you'll keep it.

> For the act of shattering a hefty club with his forehead, Cyngado has gained his First Title, "Club-Breaker"

Half an hour later, they bring you back to their camp where you find two more ruffians keeping watch. When they see you, they draw their weapons but after one of the bandits explains what happened, gesturing to a pile of what's left of the former chief's club, they get on board without a second thought.

> Followers gained: 9 Bandits!

> You have your own raiding band, it's small and it's poorly trained, but it's yours. How do you put it to use?

> A) We'll waylay travelers and steal their belongings!
> B) We'll raid a settlement and steal their belongings!
> C) We'll find more bandit gangs so you can challenge their leaders!
> D) We'll hunt down a great monster for you to slay and prove your might!

> Then, there's the matter of your parentage. Do you keep the identity of your father a secret?

> A) Yes, you don't want anyone comparing you to your father, you want to be your own Hero!
> B) No, you're proud of who he is and what he's done, and your legend will be all the greater once you've overcome his!

> Cyngado, Son of Delgado, Club-Breaker

> Vigor: 3

> Followers:
> 9 Bandits
>>
>>2483963
>D) We'll hunt down a great monster for you to slay and prove your might!
and
>A) Yes, you don't want anyone comparing you to your father, you want to be your own Hero!
>>
>>2483963
> C) We'll find more bandit gangs so you can challenge their leaders!
and
> B) No, you're proud of who he is and what he's done, and your legend will be all the greater once you've overcome his!
Lets reform em people
>>
>>2483980
On second thought, let me change this to
>D)
and
>B)
I imagine Cyngado is more angry about his father than proud, but he'd probably want people to know who he is just so he can also prove he's better than his dad right away.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>2483985
> 1
>>2483992
> 2
>>
>>2483992

You gather the bandits and tell them, "I am Cyngado, Club-Breaker, Son of Delgado The Humble, The Witch-Finder, The Saint of Riddles, Martyrs, and Witch-Hunters!" The bandits are astonished and one says, "Your father is a legend!" You spit onto the ground and lift your spear above your head, "I never knew him, and my legend will be so great, he'll be forgotten at the mere mention of my name, and you're going to help me get there! Onward, we're hunting the biggest, baddest monsters we can find!"

Little over a month of hunting down rumours and following footprints later, you find three worthy beasts.

> Which do you hunt?

> A) Far to the North-West, in a cave in a mountain mere days away from the everfrost, a living stone sculpture the size of a giant dwells, and you will slay it!
> B) Far to the North-East, deep in the tundra there dwells a hideous bat-demon as large as ten bears whose breathe is death, and you will slay it!
> C) Months of travel to the North, in the coldest temperatures imaginable, there dwells a ghostly monster formed of twisting blizzards and sharpened icicles, and you will slay it!

> Cyngado, Son of Delgado, Club-Breaker

> Followers:
> 9 Bandits
>>
>>2484043
>B
I feel like we should go after something a little more organic before we try taking down ghosts and golems.
>>
>>2484050

> Roll 1d10+3 to survive the journey!
>>
Rolled 9 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2484052

Let's also train our bandits to be better at fighting along the way.
>>
>>2484059

You travel for many weeks and by the time you've reached the tundra, you've put the bandits through three months of grueling training. They're now much more competent, and could fight on equal footing with almost any peasant militia.

> The 9 Bandits become Raiders!

But they're not fighting peasants. You're deep in the tundra there's only short grass and clouded sky as far as you can see, except for a gray hill in the distance. Wait, a hill? You haven't seen a hill in months, which must mean... The demon you came here for! It hasn't moved after half an hour of watching and it's daytime, which means it must be asleep.

> How do you attack it?

> A) Boldly, you'll shout who you are at the top of your lungs, and slay it in glorious combat!
> B) Subtly, you'll sneak up to it, and sink your spear through its jaw and into its brain, killing it instantly!

> Cyngado, Club-Breaker, Son of Delgado

> Age: 18.4
> Followers:
> 9 Raiders
>>
>>2484090
>A)
We want a fair fight with this creature.
>>
>>2484099

Are you certain you're your father's son?

> Roll 1d10+4 to slay the monster!
> The +2 is from the Raider's assistance
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2484116
Good roll pls
>>
>>2484124

> 9 < 10

"FOUL FIEND, I CHALLENGE YOU TO SINGLE COMBAT!" The hill snaps awake, stands to reveal that it is no hill at all, and turns to stare down at your merry band. To your surprise, it opens its mouth to speak, but a flood of black gas flies out to envelop the two men who were too slow to dodge it! Their screams are hideous and when the gas disperses, you see only skeletons cleanly scoured of flesh and cloth alike!

> Perhaps you've gone over your head. But there's no going back now!

> A) Charge the monster as one mass, he can't slay us all!
> B) Scatter, then charge the monster from all directions!
> C) Leave the men to fend for themselves, throw your spear to pierce its heart, then draw your sword and charge!

> Followers:
> 7 Raiders
>>
>>2484150
>B) Scatter, then charge the monster from all directions!
>>
>>2484156
Seconding.
>>
>>2484156
>>2484163

> Roll 1d10+4 to slay the monster!
>>
Rolled 8 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2484171
>>
>>2484171
>>
>>2484198

> 12 > 10

You bellow, "SCATTER!" and charge the monster in a sprint, hoping beyond hope that your companions understand. Half a minute later, one of the bandits has been rendered naught but bones, and the rest of the seven, yourself included, have reached the monster. You shout in red-hot rage and pierce the monster's stomach! As you pull back the blade, it glistens with black ichor, and as you duck, the raider behind you is ripped in twain by the beast's claws!

Its screetch is horrific and it attacks the rest of your band, severing one man's arm at the elbow, but missing the rest. The freak of nature is too large for its wings to take flight or it would've done so, and it has yet to breath its fog on any of you, suggesting it's not immune to its own poison. Despite your four, soon to be five casualties, the wounds are beginning to build up, and if you keep at it, soon it will fall.

> How do you attack?

> A) Continue stabbing it with your spear until it has breathed its last!
> B) Throw your spear into its face, then draw your sword and slash!
> C) Cast your weapons aside, climb its filthy pelt, and strangle it with your own two hands!

> Followers:
> 5 Raiders, 1 maimed
>>
>>2484360
>C
>>
>>2484360
>C) Cast your weapons aside, climb its filthy pelt, and strangle it with your own two hands!
>>
>>2484409
>>2484432

> Roll 1d10+2 to strangle the beast!
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2484596
May our hands strangle true!
>>
I was writing an elaborate answer and 4chan thought it would be funny to eat it and force me to write it again goddamn
>>
>>2484613

> Roll 1d10+3 to survive the beast's blow!
>>
Rolled 8 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2484667
Vigor don't fail me now!
>>
Rolled 3 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2484667
>>
>>2484681
We one sturdy mofo
>>
>>2484725
We will be known as the world's greatest meat shield.
>>
>>2484667
Bay12 user, QM?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (28 KB, 400x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2484751

Ye, Ardent Debater, running this as a proof of concept. You?

>>2484681

> mfw
>>
>>2484952
We're going to one-up our father by becoming never taking damage.
>>
>>2484952
I don't know what a Bay12 is, but consider this concept proven.

>>2484956
Can't be killed if they can't break through us.
>>
>>2484613
>>2484681

> 8 > 10

You are bound by fate to pass into the annals of legend, and no monster, no matter how massive, will stand in your way! The fury of a thousand wailing berserkers fills you, you fling your shield and spear aside, run forth, grip the demon's wooly fur, and to the shock of both your men and the beast, you begin to climb.

As the monster thrashes and wails, you reach the summit of the hairy peak and with a howl to the heavens, you lock your arms about its bony neck and begin to squeeze with all the might your mortal physique can muster. Its shrieking breaks off into a sputter and as a bandit hacks into its ankle, it stumbles, but to your dismay, soon uprights itself and rips the warrior in three with a swipe of its talons. Moments later, it reaches to tear you asunder, and lacking room to dodge, you press yourself against the back of the monster's sweaty, sinewy throat!

> 11 > 10

Wind rushes past your back, a sudden force almost flings you to the ground, and you feel a sudden cold. The lack of feeling of furs and mail upon your flesh confirms your suspicions. In one blow, this monster has torn your maille shirt and your furs from your body, mere inches from turning your entrails into offal! Truly, fate is with you on this day. A sudden spasmic slavering from the bat-demon reaffirms your men are doing their best on the ground.

> Do you continue to choke, or will you release?

> A) You've gone this far, and there's no going back! This is the stuff of legend, and soon, the beast will fall!
> B) You'll climb back down, grab your weapons, and join your men! This is far too dangerous!

> Followers:
> 3 Raiders
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>2484983
> A) You've gone this far, and there's no going back! This is the stuff of legend, and soon, the beast will fall!
>>
>>2484952
Bay12 is usually filled with a bunch of wankstains, but given your writing talent (and somewhat pleasant attitude), I want you writing more around here. You hear me?
>>
>>2484997

> Unless you want to use this,
> Roll 1d10+2 to strangle the monster!

>>2485002

Depending on how things turn out, maybe we'll turn this into a TWOSHOT!
>>
>>2484983
>>2484997
Seconding.
We've got a death wish, but that beast will fall.
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2485005
Let's do a proper roll.
>>
>>2485012

> Roll 1d10+3 to replicate your miracle!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>2485025
>>
>>2485026
WE SHALL OVERCOME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMYbd2ZhhjE
>>
>>2484997
>>2485012
>>2485026

> 7 < 8

You've gone this far, and there's no turning back! Either this beast will fall or you'll be made into mince-meat! This beast will die by your own hand, no mercy, no remorse! Your ironclad arms refuse to buckle and break from the rapid back-and-forth manic thrashing of the behemoth, and little by little, you feel its life-force drain to naught! Only a little longer now, and then, the satisfaction of its death will be yours to cherish!

> 11 > 10

But the beast manages yet another blow, and this time, your skin is not shielded. White-hot whips lance across your back as your flesh is laid open and the beast's claws are drenched in crimson, but you do not give in, and you do not falter! This beast will die, no mercy, no remorse!

> Roll 1d10+2 to strangle the behemoth bat-fiend!

> Followers:
> 2 Raiders
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2485048
>>
>>2485054

> Roll 1d10+3 to replicate your miracle a third, and last time.
>>
Rolled 7 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485057
>>
File: 1523843954265.gif (1.64 MB, 659x609)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>>2485060
>>
File: archermiracles.jpg (9 KB, 222x228)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2485060
Nice
>>
>>2485054
>>2485060

> 5 > 6

Your wrathful embrace holds steadfast and you shout in exultant fury as you feel its throat begin to give, but to your woe, its arm flies up and slashes your skin once again!

> 10 > 10

"RAAAAAGH!" You scream your throat raw as the beast's cruel claws impale your midsection, but by the grace of whatever GOD is watching, he stumbles at that very instant, and its vicious talon rips outward instead of upward, keeping your intestines in, rather than out, even if you will have one hell of a scar.

Your bleeding is severe, and you need to end this SOON!

> Roll 1d10+2 to put an end to this beast!

> Followers:
> 2 Raiders, 1 maimed
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>2485086
>>
File: ripandtear.jpg (51 KB, 600x533)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2485093
>>
>>2485093

> 12 > 4

"NO MORE!"

The beast screams in defiance,

"NO LONGER!"

It wretches, and its gaseous bile flows like a river but such is your fury, you pay it no heed,

"SHALL YOU!"

It falls to its stubby knees and as its air fades, its hands reach to grasp your limbs,

"DEFY!"

Your grip tightens and it gasps,

"CYNGADO!"

Its death screetch is so loud as to carry across a thousand leagues,

"SON OF!"

The beast's windpipe collapses and as it wheezes its last, both man and beast know that you have sealed its fate,

"DELGADO!"

Its throat caves inward and with a furious wrench, you twist and shatter its spine in one fell blow!

As the demon falls breathless, slain by your own hand, the world goes dark, and you breathe your last...

> Cont.
>>
>>2485150

Or so you thought! You awaken, wrapped in bandages and makeshift furs next to a roaring fire and as you groan in pain, the man tending to it notices. It's Jernik, the sole remaining bandit. He stares at you with the face that only true reverence can bring. "Ye strangled it. A demon monster half the size of a feckin' castle, and you feckin' strangled it. I never seen nothin' like it, n' I don't think I ever will again. For that, I'll call you Beast-Choker, and ye've damned well earned it."

> For strangling the bat-fiend of the Northern tundra, Cyngado has earned his Second Title, "Beast-Choker"

> Cyngado has lost each of his followers in battle!
> Companion gained: Jernik, the sole surviving witness of the bat-fiend's death!

> Jernik's Stats

> Cunning: 0

> You've slain the bat-fiend, and you have the right to a trophy!
> Which part do you claim? To take more than one is to invite its vengeful spirit to wreak disaster.

> A) Its gnashing teeth, to wear around your neck and display your power for all to see!
> B) Its bloodied claw, to grind down to the shape of a sword, and wield as a nigh-unbreakable cleaver!
> C) Its frostbitten fur, to wear about yourself as a permanent remainder of how close to death you came!

> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
>>
>>2485153
Damn boi we didn't get stronger from that?
> B) Its bloodied claw, to grind down to the shape of a sword, and wield as a nigh-unbreakable cleaver!
>>
>>2485162
Seconding.
>>
>>2485153
Also:
>Loot the bat-fiend's lair
>>
>>2485162
>>2485163

> Roll 1d2
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>2485172
>>
>>2485153
>> C) Its frostbitten fur, to wear about yourself as a permanent remainder of how close to death you came!
Please tell me it includes the wings on the back
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>2485172
>>
>>2485169

Though you search long and heartily, you find no cave where it laid itself to rest, and deduce it must've stalked the tundra, moving from place to place, sleeping where it stood when dawn broke.

>>2485174

The wings were part of its arms, and the beast was easily half the size of a castle, no man, no matter how mighty could wear the entirety of such a pelt, only a piece, and so you leaved it where it lay.
>>
>>2485153
>Take a keepsake from our dead comrades so when we return to civilization we can get their bounty
I assume we have a bounty on the monster as well and we can cash that in too. Fu fu fu all according to keikaku.
>>
>>2485162
>>2485163
>>2485173
>>2485175

When you stand, you feel a surge of new Vigor and energetic, you flex your scarred sinews in a boast that would've shamed your father. Jernik whistles, and says, "Ain't ye gonna loot the sum'bitch?" Without another word, you set off to find the corpse.

> +1 Vigor

Luckily, it's quite large and close enough nearby a blind man couldn't miss it. Intent on taking your trophy, you walk to the felled beast and spit in its glassy eye as your father did the witch-crone. Then, you take up its hand, and heaving with all strength, rip its bloody claw from its talons, and step aside as the black ichor stains the snow.

You shift the natural weapon in your hand, and find its balance much to your liking, though its sharpness isn't as keen as it could be, and it lacks a proper handle. It's no legendary sword, but with the right smith, it very well could be. Your spear has been shattered and your sword trampled, so you'll wield it for now.

> Boon gained: The Bat-Fiend's Claw, (+1 Martial)

You've taken what you came for from the corpse and will now leave it to rot. Fatigue fills your body, and you find yourself longing for the warmth of the southlands.

> What shall you do?

> A) Travel to the kingdoms of the South, spread tales of your Heroism, and bask in the warmth before returning!
> B) Find yet another great beast, you've slain but one, and already, you hunger for more!
> C) Find an ancient dungeon or ruin yet to be plundered and pillage it, so you won't head South empty-handed!
> D) Now that you've grown twofold in strength, you'll challenge a great many bandit chiefs and build yourself an army!

> Martial: 2/(3)
> Vigor: 4

> Boons:
> The Bat-Fiend's Claw, (+1 Martial)
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
>>
>>2485204
D)
We have an army to rebuild.
>>
>>2485188
>>2485204
>>
>>2485212
>>2485220

> Roll 1d10+1 to find bandit gangs!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>2485229
We can't do what I am proposing?
>>
>>2485234

There's not much left to take, but you've taken what little you can and more likely than not, it'll net a sum of coinage upon return to civilization. I'm tired, this'll be it for the night.
>>
Rolled 10 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2485229
>>
File: 1512991725592.png (22 KB, 181x245)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>2485329
>>
>>2485234

Your men are dead and you have an army to build. "We'll head to the South, I'll challenge the bandit chiefs there, and once I've slain them, their men will join us and we'll repeat the process, until we've gathered a vast horde!" Jernik nods, "What then?" You ponder for a minute. "I don't know yet. Maybe steal from the rich and give to the poor?" The bandit scratches his head, "We're pretty poor, I could get on board with that." Excellent! "Then to the South we go!"

Little over two months of hiking through frigid tundra and thick woodland later, you've finally found a pack of little over a dozen bandits. Granted, they're ambushing you in the middle of the night, but you've found them!

> How do you bring them under your sway?

> A) Cleave a few of them apart, then demand the rest submit!
> B) Raise your claw, and loudly challenge their leader to single combat!
> C) Take your belongings and flee, you'll find some less hostile robbers to persuade!

> Cyngado, Club-Breaker, Beast-Choker, Son of Delgado

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
>>
>>2485558
>B
It worked last time, right?
>>
>>2485566

> Roll 1d10 to issue the challenge!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>2485570
>>
>>2485572

> 7 > 6

You lift the bat-fiend's claw and bellow, "HALT! I am Cyngado, Club-Breaker, Beast-Choker, Son of Delgado, and I challenge your chief to single combat!" Upon your bellow the bandits cease and one man steps from the trees. He's skinny and wields an iron long-sword with great finesse. His voice is somewhat nasally and it irks you, "I accept your challenge Saint-Son, prepare to meet your father!"

He moves to slash you and you dodge to the side, a moment later and he'd have sliced you open. The bandits cheer him on, and Jernik watches with wide eyes and shouts an encouragement, "Split 'im in two!"

> How do you fight?

> A) Sever his head from his shoulders with a mighty blow!
> B) Pierce his heart with a well-placed thrust!
> C) Toss the bat-fiend's claw aside and strangle him as you did the beast!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
>>
Rolled 3 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485590
>B

Hoist him up by that claw, RARGH
>>
>>2485590
>B
>>
>>2485590
>B)
>>
>>2485594

> 6 = 6

You stab at him with a raging giant's strength but he moves like the wind and your thrust goes wide. You circle one another like rats in cage, and without warning, you strike!

> Roll 1d10+3

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
>>
Rolled 1 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485604
>>
Rolled 4 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485604
>>
>>2485605
>>
Rolled + 3 (1d0 + 3)

>>2485604
>>
>>2485605

> Roll 1d10+4 to weather the blow!
>>
Rolled 2 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2485609
>>
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2485609
>>
>>2485605
>>2485611

> 4 < 6

You step forward and the claw darts to strike, but the bandit chief dances aside, steps diagonal to your rear, and slashes your back!

> 6 = 6

"AAAAGH!" The ruffian has hacked a long and thin wound into your side and as the blood pours, your battle-madness reaches a fever-pitch!

> Roll 1d10+3

> Age: 18.5
> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
>>
Rolled 3 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2485616
>>
Rolled 1 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485616

that >>2485617 doesn't count because of the wrong bonus. r-right
>>
File: Why oh why.png (46 KB, 321x460)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
Can everyone stop rolling <5 please?
>>
>>2485631
>>2485632
This is the curse of Cyndago.
We can never hit things, but we refuse to die.
>>
Rolled 7, 8, 9, 2, 6, 8, 1, 10, 4, 1, 8, 4, 9, 10, 3, 2, 6, 2, 1, 4, 8, 4, 10, 10, 1 = 138 (25d10)

>>2485633
Could the curse kindly fuck off? Rolling to get rid of bad vibes
>>
>>2485631

Of course anon.

> Roll 1d10+4 to endure beyond all reason!
>>
Rolled 1 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2485638
Pain us up, Scotty!
>>
>>2485641
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>2485641

> Roll 1d10 to avoid death!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>2485647
No way I get two in a row. The power of GOD compels me!
>>
>>2485650
HAHAHAHA
UN-FUCKING-BREAKABLE
>>
>>2485650

> Roll 1d10+3 to slay the bandit!
>>
Rolled 2 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485656
Not this one
>>
Rolled 2 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485656
>>
>>2485658
>>2485657
I'm thinking if our Vigor lets us whittle our enemies' difficulty rating down by outlasting them, that's kind of like a solid win, eh? Makes for a good tale too; the foes use all their tricks until they can withstand Cyngado no more, and they get to really stare their death in the eye before it comes for them.
>>
>>2485669
He doesn't resort to tricks like his dad. He just powers through.
>>
>>2485631
>>2485641
>>2485650
>>2485657

> 5 < 6

Furious, you turn and strike, and again, he sways to the side with practiced ease.

> 5 < 6

As your frustration mounts and you begin to curse the day your father bedded your mother, he lunges with blinding speed and an instant later, his sword has embedded itself in your chest, mere inches from your heart.

> 10 > 6

The gathered rabble goes completely silent, and the bandit chief's smirk evaporates as your naked off-hand reaches, grips the razor-sharp blade, and tears it from his hand with nothing more than a muttered curse from yourself. The black ire in your voices surprises even you as your opponent stumbles back and draws a dagger. "Gaze into these eyes wretch, these are the eyes of a man who is stronger than you, hardier than you, and soon to see you die!"

> +1 Vigor

> 5 < 6

Your next blow would see a titan rend asunder, but this bandit is a hair faster and your claw goes wide. His dodge brought him out of arm's reach and his dagger is useless. He crouches and prepares to once again evade your onslaught. You won't give him the satisfaction!

> Roll 1d10+3 to kill the bandit chief!

> Vigor: 5

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
>>
Rolled 6 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485698
>1d10+3
DIE ALREADY FUCKER
>>
>>2485703
A 9. That's gotta be a killing hit, right?
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2485727
>>
>>2485703
>>2485708

> 9 > 4

You advance in a furious charge and your claw arcs down to carve the bandit in twain, but he is an instant faster and shifts to the side. On instinct, you drop the claw, spin to face your foe, and grip his right arm's wrist mere inches before its knife would've slipped between your ribs. You squeeze and as his wrist cracks, breaks, and shatters between your fingers, his daggers falls fast from his limp grasp. You pull his face to yours and as you seize his hair, you whisper into his ear two words, "Never. Again."

Your bloodied hand rips with all your might, and as his neck snaps, you scream in triumph. You push the inert corpse to the ground and stomp on its skull once, twice, a dozen, a hundred, nay, a thousand times before Jernik forces you away from the bones your foot has ground to dust. "Careful there Blade-Gripper, don't want to hurt yourself now!" Hmm, "Blade-Gripper? I like the sound of that!"

> For gripping sharpened iron with his naked fist, Cyngado has earned his Third Title, "Blade-Gripper"

The bandits are so awed by your resilient ferocity every one of the twelve swears realty to you on the spot. They're untrained thuggish scum, hardly worth the effort, but they're a start.

> Followers gained: 12 Bandits!

You have the beginnings of a proper warband, but you're nowhere near finished yet. Hopefully, the next gang's chief isn't so skilled at swordplay.

> Roll 1d10+1 to find another bandit gang!

> Cyngado, Club-Breaker, Beast-Choker, Blade-Gripper, Son of Delgado

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 12 Bandits
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2485732
Haha, good thing that post was deleted so this roll doesn't count...right?

>>2485733
>>
>>2485732

Lucky for you, I deleted the post you quoted over the typos, feel free to reroll.
>>
>>2485734

Yep.
>>
>>2485734

After you've finished staunching the bleeding with a patch of the corpse's shirt, you regale the pack of theives with tales of your strangling of the bat-fiend all into the night, using Jenrik's testimony, your massive claw, and back scars as proof. You don't think you told the story well, but they're so enraptured by the fresh memory of their former chief's slaughter they nonetheless cheer when you've finished.

When dawn breaks, you begin your search for worthy foes. Little over three weeks later, you stumble upon a hidden ambush and before you can react, two of your men are killed by arrowfire!

> What do you do?

> A) Slay the (rival) bandit filth with your claw until they submit!
> B) Issue a challenge to the strongest among them for the right to rule!
> C) Flee, the last thing you want is to bleed out in the deepwoods, before any have heard your legend!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 10 Bandits
>>
>>2485741
>Issue a challenge to the strongest among them for the right to rule!
>>
>>2485744
Agreed. Keep up the winning strategy.
>>
>>2485744

> Roll 1d10 to issue the challenge!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>2485750
>>
We're not getting great rolls, but we are apparently made of titanium or something
Nice
>>
>>2485751
>You lead bandits like a giiiiiiirl, hiding in ambushes and firing arrows!
>>
If we continue uniting bandit groups, we should take one of our stronger opponents as our second hand.
>>
>>2485751
We may not be charming but we sure can issue a challenge.
>>
>>2485751

You scoff, then shout, "ENOUGH! Cease your cowardly ambush lest I slay you myself! I Cyngado Club-Breaker, Beast-Choker, Blade-Gripper, Son of Delgado, have come to challenge the strongest among you for the right to rule, though I doubt any craven wench you could call on would be worth the effort!" The arrows stop flying and eight men reveal themselves from behind their makeshift concealment. One of them walks onto the animal trail you're walking and seeing his small stature and weak jaw, you feel far more confident.

> +1 Charm

The bandit chief says, "And if I kill ye, what do I get for it?" You laugh, "If by some miracle you prove victorious, you'll have my entire band and the privilege of boasting you slew the only-begotten Son of a Saint!" The challenged man ponders for some time, then nods his head and draws a pair of daggers, which he twirls with obscene balance. When the realization that he's ambidextrous strikes, you feel a slight dip in your earlier flood of confidence.

> How do you fight?

> A) STAB STAB STAB!
> B) SLASH SLASH SLASH!
> C) GRAB GRAB GRAB!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 10 Bandits
>>
Rolled 5 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485765
>B

We'll try slashing, that's a neat trick!
>>
>>2485768
We don't roll yet ye focker

>>2485765
B
>>
>>2485765
>B
Sloosh sloosh sloosh
>>
>>2485765
Nice, now we have at least 1 in every stat!
>B
Let's keep the fucker at bay
>>
>>2485768
>>2485771
>>2485774

> Roll 1d10+3 to chop the bandit chief apart!
>>
Rolled 10 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2485785
I call this one the Slice and Dice!
>>
>>2485751
>>2485786
Finally something's going according to keikaku.
>>
File: 1508864250445 (3).jpg (48 KB, 580x894)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2485786
>>
>>2485786

> 13 > 8

The bandit moves to dance like the last but you've learned your lesson and he falls for your feint. A second later, he's missing an arm at the elbow, one second more, and his head is on the floor. A duel to the death between two men, over in as many seconds. The bandits don't even cheer, they just stare as you punt the severed over a tree, and fall in line behind your men.

Ten minutes later, you've recruited the man they had keep watch at their camp, and if you don't say so yourself, you think you've been doing a great job at this whole bandit fighting business, even if that second swordsman almost sealed your fate.

> +1 Martial
> Followers gained: 8 Bandits!

> Roll 1d10+1 to find one more group of bandits!

> Martial: 3/(4)

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 18 Bandits
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2485803
Title Gained: Bandit Lord when
>>
>>2485805
another feckin' ambush, eh?
would be nice if it was an ambush but of a big group, so we almost double in size or something
>>
>>2485805

You've been traveling for a full month with no success, and one night when you're about to sleep, you hear the shouts of dying men and clashing iron. This is what, the third ambush in the past two months? How many bandits are there in the North anyway?

> Roll 1d10+1 to issue another challenge!

> Age: 18.6
> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 15 Bandits
>>
Rolled 6 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2485810
>>
>>2485807
We are witnessing the formative years of the Katamari Raiders bandit gang.
>>
>>2485811

You grab your claw, stumble out of your tent, and shout your Titles, a dozen-odd insults, and a challenge. The fighting slows, then stops when a backstabbing thug from the other warband takes a mace to his skull, then a man easily twice your size lumbers out, and he's got a club brought up to match. "I AM BORKEK, BIGGEST N' BADDEST OGRE THERE EVER WAS, N' NOW I SMASH YOU!"

> Damn, this is gonna hurt, but at least he won't dodge

> A) Choke him like the bat-fiend!
> B) Spill his fat guts onto the dirt!
> C) Severe his ankles and stab him when he falls!
> D) Throw your weapons aside and challenge him to a battle of strength alone!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 15 Bandits
>>
>>2485823
>B
>>
>>2485823
>> B) Spill his fat guts onto the dirt!
Using our weapons worked really well last time. Maybe we're not meant to be a grappler.
>>
>>2485823
>C
The bigger they are...
>>
>>2485823
>B

If that pic is accurate his belly is by far the easiest target
>>
>>2485826
>>2485827
>>2485897

> Roll 1d10+4 to spill Borkek's guts!
>>
Rolled 7 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2485946
>>
>>2485949

> 11 > 10

The ogre swings his club to crush you, but you roll to the side and his swing goes into the tent, ruining. He's overextended himself, and as you leap to your feet and slash through the gut he screams and in a blind panic, slams his club into a tree branch several feet above your head.

Borkek swings his club again, and taking a page out of the swordsman's book, you leap backward and roll to stand diagonal to the bloated bandit's backside. One stab, he swings, one dodge, wash, rinse, repeat. Several minutes later, he's bleeding out and lashes out in a final fit of rage, intent on seeing you die with him! "RAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

> Roll 1d10+4 to fell the ogre!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 10 Bandits
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2485963
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2485963
Claw, meet ogre skull
>>
>>2485965
>>2485967

> 10 > 8

When the ogre swings he puts all of his weight into the blow, knocking him off-balance enough for you to slide behind him. A quick slash and both ankle's tendon are undone. He screams in agony and turns to strike but own feet won't support him and he collapses, wailing curses. As the fallen ogre tries to stand, you run toward him and an instant after drawing back your arm, a single stab of the claw goes through the jaw and into the brain, killing him instantly.

The bandits are impressed by the skill you've demonstrated, even more when you begin to boast of your parentage, your Titles, and legendary deeds. When you declare yourself chief, a few of the new-theives are hesitant, but once you threaten to slay anyone who leaves, they get on-board without complaint.

> Followers gained: 23 Bandits!

The ogre's gang was almost twice your size and there would be close to thirty but several on both sides were killed in the ambush. You have thirty-eight armed men under your banner, the beginnings of an army, and near the upper limit of how many can be sustained by foraging the snowy wilderness.

> What do you do with your warband?

> A) You'll travel to the Southlands and enlist your services as a mercenary, fighting and dying for coin!
> B) You'll travel to the Southlands and make a living as a bandit, razing and plundering villages for fun and profit!
> C) You aren't through yet, you'll challenge every bandit chief you can find and swell your host until you have a true horde!
> D) Glory awaits, and you'll search far and wide to find a legendary quest worthy of you and your men!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 38 Bandits
>>
>>2486027
>A
Give us good formal fighting experience
>>
>>2486027
>A

Fighting and dying for coin might be a bit below a Hero of our ambitions, but our men need experience. We can also take on stragglers and members of other mercenary outfits here and there, perhaps.
>>
>>2486027
>A
>>
>>2486027
A sounds good.
Can we attempt to train these guys during travel?
>>
>>2486032
>>2486034
>>2486037
>>2486043

> Roll 1d10+1 to travel South!
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2486050
>>
Rolled 9 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2486050
>>
>>2486053

It takes you several hours to decide, but eventually, you come to the conclusion that the best way forward is selling your services as a mercenary in the Southlands. That way, you'll be able to spread your legend, train your men, and grow their numbers with impunity! The coin is a bonus.

When you explain your plan to the outlaws, they're hesitant for fear they'll be caught and hanged but after you explain no-one in their right mind in their right mind would investigate an armed, "law-abiding" mercenary band headed by a Hero for criminals that fled North years ago, most agree it's a good idea and the few that don't keep quiet.

The journey doesn't go half as well as it should've, you get lost a dozen times, run out supplies every other week, not a single man learns a lick from your constant drilling, at least a dozen men somehow die or disappear overnight by the time you've reached warmer climate, and morale is at an all time low. When they start demanding they're paid for their work, knowing full-well you don't have anything to give them, you get pissed. One near-fatality later, you're desperate to find work and hope to high heaven that someone in one of the outskirt towns here has need of a mercenary company.

> Roll 1d10+1 to find work for your mercenary band!

> Age: 18.8
> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2486087
>>
>>2486090
>>
What would happen if we roll 1 on a Vigor check for some relatively easy task? Is it auto-fail?
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2486087
>>
>>2486090

> Roll 1d10 to determine the nature of the threat!
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>2486371
I wonder if this is a chart thing or a least dangerous to most dangerous thing.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>2486371
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>2486371
>>
>>2486383
>>2486472
>>2486751
>A cute pupper leaps out of the bushes!
>>
Cyngado: The man too stubborn to just fucking die already
Also
>3 "below 3" rolls in a row
JUST let a snake bite us
>>
>>2487253
I have a feeling investing in Vigor is a pro move even for HEROes.
>>
>>2487382
We gotta be careful about relying on it too much though. Soon enough we're probably going to wind up in charm and cunning heavy situations where our brute force and meat points won't cut it.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

rolling for OP to wake up and start writing
>>
>>2487461
>5 more hours
Melatonin-enriched brother, I beg of you
>>
Rolled 5 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2487468
How about them
SAVING ROLLS
>>
>>2487461

> 5 < 9

Just when the Anons start getting restless, your phone turns off right before the alarm clock would've rang, causing you to keep dreaming about sheep and the blue skies. You sleep in for five hours, and nobody in your family bats an eye.

> 8 = 8

Just as you're about to turn to the other side, a pidgeon starts cooing, stirring you from your sleep. It will take a few minutes before you wake up properly, but soon you'll be ready to start the day.

> Roll 1d10+4 to wake up and have a good day

> SPAMMER, Fast-Updater, Based OP, First-Pager

> Age: 24.5
> Boons:
> None
> Companions:
> None
> Followers:
> 39 Anons
>>
Rolled 7 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2487473
>>
>>2487473
Careful not to take over the thread ma doode
>>
Rolled 1 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2487473

> Rolling
>>
File: Spoiler Image (402 KB, 1068x566)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
>>2487506
>>
>>2487506

> 5 < 11

You slowly crack your eyes open only to meet the ugly face of a rat, munching happily on your pillow. You screech like a harpy, trying to knock it off but it bites onto your hand. You sit up and try to run out of bed but get tangled up in the sheets.

Luckily for you, you snap the rats neck. With all the wild flailing you smashed him on the bedframe. Poor critter.

What a shitty wakeup call.

> Roll 1d10+1 to withstand the pain and not cry like a little bitch when you disinfect the wound

> SPAMMER, Fast-Updater, Based OP, First-Pager

> Boons:
> A dead rat
> Companions:
> None
> Followers:
> 39 Anons
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2487518
>>
>>2487524
> 9 > 7

You rummage through the med cupboard while washing your hand at the same time. Through some miracle, your basic motor skills pull through and you dont knock anything over or try to grab the water itself.

You grit your teeth as you pour the antiseptic on the bite. Tears gather at the corner of your eyes but somehow, you pull through. You put a bandaid on the middle (of course) finger.

> + 1 Vigor

> For keeping his cool and pulling through with wound dressing, SPAMMER has gained his Fourth Title, "Battle-Hardened"

You are now ready to start writing.

> SPAMMER, Battle-Hardened Fast-Updater, Based OP, First-Pager

> Boons:
> A dead rat
> Companions:
> None
> Followers:
> 39 Anons
>>
>>2487506
Ayyy, welcome back, delivery us those delicious updates.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (192 KB, 600x600)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>2487536
>>
>>2486090
>>2486383

You gather what remains of your bandit rabble, march them to the nearest village, and loudly announce your mercenary status. When no-one answers you repeat yourself, and after several minutes, curse when the silence remains. You decide to investigate the village yourself, and gathering five of your strongest men, you approach the settlement.

Not a single noise is heard, even as you hoop and holler at the tops of your lungs. You realize something's wrong, and throwing common courtesy to the wind, enter the village. Something's afoot, the doors have been ripped from their hinges, the livestock have had their throats cut to bleed, and to your horror, in the center of the township a pile of charred corpses sits ten feet high. Someone, or something, has killed these people, gathered their corpses in a pile, and set it afire in a macabre pile. That someone or something might still be near...

> What are your commands?

> A) Sack the village for any coin, jewelry, and foodstuffs you can find, for your band is in sore need.
> B) Build a fortified encampment nearby the village, and wait for who-or-whatever did this to return.
> C) Flee to the nearest township and warn them of what you've seen, lest it happen again.

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
>>2487593
>Sack the village for any coin, jewelry, and foodstuffs you can find, for your band is in sore need.

We do what we have to in order to survive
>>
>>2487593
>A & B
We need coin, the dead don't. Also, it's a fine chance to fight something.
>>
>>2487593
>A
>C
>>
>>2487593

> *macabre PYRE
>>
>>2487596
>>2487597
>>2487601

> Roll 1d10+1 to ransack the village ruin!
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2487603
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2487603
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2487603
You make it sound so bad! Better than letting it go to waste I think
>>
>>2487605
on one hand, thank god it's not this, but on the other, damn shame it's not this >>2487606
>>
File: 1491140190206.png (350 KB, 899x811)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
>>2487610
OP has used several rolls before when a bunch of people post within like a minute of each other. I suspect we're getting an average - or maybe not. Maybe the pile of corpses is pissed off by our looting and attacks us.
>>
>>2487604

There's no need to let the village'd goods go to waste, the dead have no need for coin or food, and their houses are surely full of both. You send a pair of the more fleet-footed bandits to bring the rest, and with the help of three, get to pillaging. At first, you're convinced that aside from some bread there's nothing to be found, but the bandits are clever at this sort of thing and find all sorts of hiding places, filled the brim with peasant's fortunes and provisions!

Or, they would be, if the village's previous ravagers hadn't plundered it for themselves but there's still enough to be worth the effort and then some. You're honestly surprised there'd be so much in such a small village, but after everyone in the band has taken a piece of it, the portion you're left with seems a bit lacking. Still yours is the lion's share, and compared to the bits and bobs of the rest, you feel fit for a royal court. When all is said and done, there's roughly half a pound of coinage in your bag and the band has enough rations they won't need to hunt for at least another two weeks.

> 20 Wealth gained!

Now then, you'd best get moving to the nearest township, before whoever did this returns to finish the job.

> Roll 1d10+1 to travel to the nearest town and quickly!

> Wealth: 20
> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2487635
>>
>>2487640

Consulting a gut feeling, you decide to go West and little over three days later, you've reached a small town with a palisade. A besieged small town with a palisade. There's an easy forty burly men surrounding it, and judging by the well-kept maille, strange helmets, and heavy great-axes, these are no Southern outlaws. No, these are Northmen raiders, which would explain the brutality of the last village.

You very strongly doubt that your warband could fight them on equal footing, and you're equally sure that unless you do something, this frontier town is doomed. It's likely full of valuables just waiting to be taken though, food, coin, booze... Maybe you've been spending too much time in the company of bandits.

> What do you do?

> A) Announce your men's presence to the Northmen, and offer to join their warband!
> B) Announce your men's presence to the Northmen, and challenge their war-chief to single combat!
> C) Charge the Northmen, and do battle with them in the open field, consequences be damned!
> D) Ambush the Northmen when they least expect it, and dispatch them with minimal casualties!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
>>2487640
Good stuff.
>>
>>2487652
>B)
FUCK YEAH TRAINED WARRIORS
>>
>>2487652
>A)
We gotta make some coin here.
>>
>>2487652
>B
Time to survive 5 lethal blows and then win
>>
>>2487655
>>2487661

> Roll 1d10+1 to issue a challenge to their war-chief!
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2487663
>>
Rolled 8 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2487663
>>
>>2487664

> 6 > 4

You'll handle this the same way you do any warband, and challenge their leader to single combat! Your bandits approach the Northmen and you announce your presence at the tops of your lungs. "I Cyngado, Club-Breaker, Beast-Choker, Blade-Gripper, Son of Delgado challenge your war-chief to single combat to the death for the right to rule both our warbands!" The muscled warriors stare in incredulous shock for several moments before one steps forward.

He's roughly your size, perhaps slightly heavier, and much older, with a full red beard and at least a dozen vicious scars. The man wears iron gauntlets, iron boots, an iron helm, thick furs, and almost certainly layers of chainmail beneath them. Most disturbingly, around his waist, fourteen skulls dangle. In one hand, he holds a massive flanged mace and in the other, a shield emblazoned with a strange rune. He bellows in a voice that could put the fear of GOD in the devil, "I am Odlak Merkson, Slayer of the Black Troll, Breaker of the Spinning Wheel, Ruination of the Southlands, and I accept your challenge! Ready your skull whelp, for soon it will lay on my belt!"

He steps forward, his men step back, and you walk to face the man may be your greatest mortal foe yet.

> How do you fight?

> Offensively, the sooner he's dead, the better off you'll be!
> Defensively, you're not quite ready to meet your end!
> Filthily, he won't fight fair and neither will you!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
>>2487747
>Offensively

RARGH
>>
>>2487747
> Offensively, the sooner he's dead, the better off you'll be!
>>
>>2487753

> Roll 1d10+4 to RAGE!
>>
Rolled 9 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2487758
>>
>>2487762
RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>2487753
>>2487756
>>2487762

> 13 > 12

You beat your chest like a man possessed and with no words but an inarticulate howl to the heavens themselves, you charge and lift your claw to pierce. The Northman lifts his shield to knock the stab aside and swings his mace to shatter your spine, but you're faster than him, and he misses entirely as you step behind him.

Claw-in-hand, you slash his back and he screams in defiant hate as the razor-sharp claw carved through the chain like a knife through hot butter. The claw is covered in blood and Odlak's next attack lacks technique, allowing you to dodge with ease. "Feh, you Southlanders are all the same, always spinning, always dancing, never facing,!"

> Roll 1d10+4 to land another blow!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
Rolled 4 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2487792
OORAH
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2487792
>>
Rolled 9 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2487792
>>
>>2487803

> Roll 1d10+5 to weather the blow!
>>
Rolled 1 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

>>2487809
Is this how it ends?
Slain by a barbarian?
Such fate does not befit the son of Delgado.
>>
>>2487812

> Roll 1d10 to escape death once again!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>2487814
>>
>>2487816
>>
>>2487816

> Roll 1d3 for lost Vigor!
>>
>>2487816
Our attack was against DC 12, so this one was a tough cookie. But yeah, unless the original post applies and we can actually take hits to our Vigor score the same way the stats have been increasing on occasion, it's buhbye Cyngado, the Roaring Brute.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>2487819
F
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>2487819
Ninja me, will you? I see how it is
>>
>>2487823
>>2487824
We /highrollers/ now
>>
File: Spoiler Image (186 KB, 500x369)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>2487823
>>2487824
>>
>>2487823
>>2487824
>>2487826
I'm pretty sure we actually wanted to roll low for this one guys.
>>
Damn, been reading this for an hour, only to come to the end.
>>
>>2487970
There's still hope for Cyndago. Assuming the roll was just for how many vigor points he loses, he'll still have at least two left, which gives us another opportunity to either kill this guy or cheat and call in our troops for help.
>>
>>2487828
>>2487970
I don't think we dead yet, next round will probably be our end. F Cyngado "The headless".
>>
>>2487981
We are fighting a band larger and better equipped then us, starting to think our only hope is to puss out and leave our men to cover our escape.
>>
>>2487992
We've still got solid enough Martial though, if we can get in just one or two good rolls, we could still win this fight. Worse for wear, but still.
>>
Cyndago will rule the world!! He can do so without a head just you see
>>
>>2487803
>>2487816
>>2487823
>>2487824

> 8 < 10

He lunges to strike and you dodge, shifting around the blow. Your smooth movement comes to an end as his foot reaches and catches your shin, sending you tumbling to the ground.

> 4

You turn to the ground to leverage yourself up, but an instant after, you feel a spiked steel ball caving in the back your rib cage. A moment later, it strikes again opposite of the first side, and again, in the center. By some miracle, you aren't crippled, and through an inhuman effort of will, you force yourself to stand. The pain as your broken ribs shift inside you is indescribable, and already, you know you'll never be the same.

> -3 Vigor!

Your opponent's mace is covered in blood, and one of the spikes is dented. You wheeze, "You'll have to do better than that, old man!" His previous fury turns to a grudging respect, "What's this?!? A Southlander with a pair of balls!?! You're gonna make the thickest skull on my belt, boy!"

> Roll 1d10+4 to survive the Northman's onslaught!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2488059
PLS
>>
Rolled 9 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2488059
BEHOLD
>>
>>2488060
>>2488065
cmon QM, take the fucking average
take the average OP, WE LIKE CYNGADO TOO MUCH OP
>>
>>2488060

> 10 ≥ 10

Odlak brings his mace to bear as fast as lightning but you anticipated his attack and as he bludgeons mere thin air. An instant later, your claw gouges into his side and he sways, turning what would've been a killing blow into a mere graze. He grins with yellowed teeth, "You're a good fighter, shame you're gonna die so young! Maybe the gods'll have mercy and bring you back a Northman! That'd be something huh?"

> Roll 1d10+4 to see the war-chief's lifeblood spilled!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
Rolled 4 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2488133
>>
>>2488134

> Roll 1d10+2 to survive the blow!
>>
Rolled 10 + 2 (1d10 + 2)

>>2488145
>>
>>2488147
Lmao. I hope we get a +1 Vigor for this.
>>
>>2488147
Even now, we are still the ultimate meat shield.
>>
HOW LOOONG CAN THIS GO ON
>>
The Club-Breaker, the Mace-Smasher!
>>
>>2488134
>>2488147

> 8 < 9

With no time to spare for words, you lunge to slash and he shifts a quarter of an inch out of the blade's reach. You put too much force into the charge and as you fall forward, Odlak brings mace in a roundhouse swing to your skull...

> 12 > 9

Only for it to bounce off and have its spikes carve a gash into your face. The war-chief steps back and for the first time this fight, he looks uneasy. You shout and spit blood into the ground, "It's gonna take MORE than that to do Cyngado, Son of Delgado in old man!"

> +1 Vigor

You lift the claw, bellow your fury for all to hear, and charge the Northman warrior once more.

> Roll 1d10+4 to slay the Northern war-chief!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
File: WITNESSME.jpg (35 KB, 700x300)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Rolled 5 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2488178
WITNESS MEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Rolled 8 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2488178
>>
>>2488185

> 9 ≥ 9

The war-chief's shield blocks your claw and in turn you evade the mace, leap over his attempt to trip, and stab him in the back yet again. And again he sways like a master and a fatal cut is turned to a superficial scratch. He winces in surprise but is otherwise unperturbed "You'll have to do better than that whelp!"

> Roll 1d10+4 to slay the Northman!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>2488200
>>
>>2488202
>11
That's some nice looking death right there.
>>
>>2488151
Nah more like +2
>>
>>2488205
Honestly we ought to be rolling low for attacks in order to ace the Vigor rolls and build our immortality back up.
>>
>>2488202

> 11 > 8

"And I will!" Leaping forward, you cut with the bat-fiend's claw, and as you'd anticipated, Merkson blocks then swings to strike. You release the claw from your grasp and in the precious half second of the grizzled veteran's surprise, you slide behind him, grip his skull, and with all your strength, wrench it to the side. The snap you hear is nothing short of divine and his corpse falls limp, you fall to your knees and vomit.

Half a minute's heaving later, you climb to your feet, take the claw in hand, and sever your fallen foe's head in but a single stroke! You lift it by the beard in one hand, turn to face the Northman horde, and shout, "I, Cyngado, Club-Breaker, Beast-Choker, Blade-Gripper, Son of Delgado, have slain your war-chief in mortal combat, and in keeping with the agreed-upon condition, I claim rulership of you, and now, I am war-chief!"

The battle madness is wearing off and your knees are shaky, but you stand strong, and after a moment's silence, the Northmen erupt into praise of your ferocity and tenacity, and after seeing you slay their seemingly unkillable war-chief, accept you as his successor!

> Followers gained: 44 Northern Axemen!

Your "mercenary" company has more than doubled in size, you've been severely injured, and for the first time, you've slain another great mortal.

> What is your first command?

> A) Maintain the siege of the walled town, they'll run out of food and be forced to surrender soon!
> B) Launch a full-scale assault on the walled town, casualties be damned, you don't want to wait!
> C) Call for negotiations with whoever's ruling the walled town, and see if you can't negotiate a tribute!
> D) Halt the siege and head elsewhere, for some less wealthy, if more deserving targets.

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
> 44 Northern Axemen
>>
>>2488252
>C
We are a merciful warlord.
>>
>>2488252
>C
A regular tribute is good, makes it less likely for the town's people and militia to bite back
>>
>>2488252
> C) Call for negotiations with whoever's ruling the walled town, and see if you can't negotiate a tribute!
>>
>>2488257
>>2488258

> Roll 1d10+3 to negotiate!
> +2 for leverage
>>
Rolled 2 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2488263
>>
>>2488252
>C) Call for negotiations with whoever's ruling the walled town, and see if you can't negotiate a tribute!

"I killed the raider's former leader! The townspeople are safe with the condition they pay tribute!"
>>
Rolled 7 + 3 (1d10 + 3)

>>2488263
>>
>>2488264
Damn.
>>
Could we arm our bandits with bows/crossbows and make them a ranged unit?
>>
>>2488264
>>2488266

> 5 < 6

After a few minutes, you decide it's best to negotiate, and figure tribute would be ideal. Along with twenty-odd Northern warriors and Southern outlaws, you approach the palisade and stop a few dozen paces out of bow-range. "I, Cyngado Club-Breaker, Beast-Choker, Blade-Gripper, Son of Delgado have slain this raid's previous leader in mortal combat! Townsfolk, you have it on my honor that not a hair on your heads will be harmed, so long as you pay tribute to me and my band!"

You wait a solid fifteen minutes before they reply. A particularly loud-voiced man with a barrel-chest cries, "No True Son of the Saint Delgado would ever maraud the innocents of the Southland, and we refuse to pay tribute to any honorless curr who would take the Blessed Saint Delgado's name in vain! In the name of GOD we will never surrender! Burn in hell and wallow in the filth of your sick lies, blasphemer!"

Hmm, it seems negotiations have failed.

> A) Resume the siege, they'll be starving soon enough!
> B) Launch an assault on the town, hack down their gate, and behead their leader for doubting your word!
> C) Lift the siege, they could be swimming in gold for all you care, it's not worth the effort!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
> 44 Northern Axemen
>>
>>2488298
> A) Resume the siege, they'll be starving soon enough
>>
>>2488298
> C) Lift the siege, they could be swimming in gold for all you care, it's not worth the effort!
>>
>>2488298
>>
>>2488298
C
>>
>>2488298
Assuming we have enough food:
We should stay as a strong head figure. Backing out now would do us no good
>>
>>2488298
Backing down after being insulted will not look good to the northerners we just recruted, the town should have paid for it's ransom, now they get to starve.
>>
>>2488319
>>2488322
>>2488338

> 80/80 remaining

> Roll 1d20+10 to erode the besieged town's resolve!
>>
Rolled 12 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

>>2488372
>>
> Roll 1d10 for medical aid effectiveness
>>
Rolled 4 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

>>2488372
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>2488385
whoops
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>2488385
Doc Is In
>>
>>2488388
Oh fuck
>>2488396
Oh yay?
>>
>>2488659
We can afford some bad medical to start. We've got over 73 soldiers, we can lose a few.
>>
>>2488669
I was thinking more in Cyngado breaking a couple ribs and what they could cause in the long run
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>2488385
test
Also, OP, are we rolling best of 3, on a certain time window, first post?
Just checking
>>
>>2488742
Generally it seems like first roll is always chosen.
>>
>>2485005
I'd like a twoshot, Ardent. By the way, you need to get in touch with Toady for me.
>>
>>2488372
>>2488373
>>2488385

You were willing to let them live after paying a mere pittance for your time, but now they've insulted you, and you can't let that lie. At your command, the men get back into their positions, and you get ready to sit down for a long, long wait.

> +0 Vigor

Unfortunately, the medic (a bandit whose mother used to brew contraband potions), is unable to fully treat your ribs, and when they recover, they don't heal right, and you feel a bit more brittle where they were broken. Maybe this'll go away with time, maybe it's permanent, either way, Oklak gave you something to remember him by. There's almost certainly some way out there to heal wounds like these, but they're nowhere near and for the moment, you'll have to make do with what you have. At least the scars are manly.

This damned town is stubborn and won't budge an inch, but so are you, and you won't stop until these pissant peasants are broken over your knee. Hmm, you really are nothing like your father, are you?

> Walled Town, Month 1
> 58/80 Resolve

> Roll 1d20+10 to break the walled town's resolve!

> Age: 18.9
> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
> 44 Northern Axemen
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>2489090
>>
Rolled 6 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

>>2489090
>>
>>2489108

> Walled Town, Month 2
> 40/80 Resolve

It's been a month of waiting, and you're certain that bit by bit, they're losing their will to defy you and it won't be much longer now. All the same, your men's morale is plummeting because they're tired of sitting and staring at a palisade all day, every day. It'll be another month or two before one works up the balls to call you out, but still. Maybe you should do something to get them busy and keep their minds off of ennui.

> A) You'll sack a less defended village for food, coin, and drink, and leave a skeleton crew to maintain the siege!
> B) You'll go hunting for bandits to press-gang and intimidate into bending the knee, surely you aren't the only warband in the region!
> C) You'll go hunting for a great beast to slay, preferably one that's not deadly enough to make mincemeat of your army!
> D) No need, you'll maintain the siege at full force until the peasants inside break and surrender tribute, no ifs, ands, or bits about it!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 29 Bandits
> 44 Northern Axemen
>>
>>2489164
> B) You'll go hunting for bandits to press-gang and intimidate into bending the knee, surely you aren't the only warband in the region!
>Leave half our forces beind, mixture of bandits and axemen.
>>
>>2489164
>B)
It's time for our gang members to live out their fantasies of being us by forcing others into the gang.
>>
>>2489172
>>2489180

> Roll 1d10+1 to find other raiders!
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2489182
>>
Rolled 9 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>2489182
>>
>>2489184
>>2489185
>>
File: Spoiler Image (644 KB, 1190x1700)
644 KB
644 KB JPG
>>2489184

It's high time you swelled your numbers, at only seventy-three, you have barely enough men to challenge an angry mob, let alone a trained army. You gather 20 o the axeman and 19 of the bandits for an even forty, yourself included, and head off into the woods to try and find another group of bandits. After two and a half weeks of searching the wilderness, you find a group of raiders, but not the kind you were looking for.

You're marching between two snow-shrouded hills when you hear the groaning war horns and shouts of porcine, bestial rage and far-too human panic. Dozens of ash-gray figures burst from the ice and in moments, they're upon your warband. The only warning you have is a single axeman's mortally terrified scream, "ORCS!"

> Roll 1d10+4 to survive!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 25 Bandits, 4 maimed
> 43 Northern Axemen, 1 maimed
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>2489216
>>
Rolled 9 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

>>2489216
>>
>>2489228
That doesn't count, r-right? What with the improper roll. He didn't add the +4, it's wrong.
>>
>>2489259
Yeah OP actually does take the second roll if the first one didn't tack on the bonus, so we're lucky this time
>>
>>2489444
See
>>2489108
>>2489157
>>
>>2489228

> 9 > 8

A ragged club-wielder leaps from between the trees and rushes you. You raise your claw, and disembowel and behead them in one fluid motion. Two seconds later, four more charge, two with spears, one with a wood-axe, and one with a gnarled staff. The axe-orc cuts at you but you dodge, dance to stand diagonal to their back, and stab him through the heart, a moment later, a spear-orc thrusts but you're quicker, parry his weapon, and lay his throat open before he's realized what happened.

The staff-wielder strikes your back and as you snarl and turn, you see an axe-man chopping his skull in two. They're then pierced through the chest and with a shout, they run down the spear and sever the orc's head and two heartbeats later, fall dead. No more are charging you, and from what little you can see of the mayhem, the orc's initial element of surprise is gone, and while your men are being slaughtered by their superior numbers and ferocity, at least now they're putting up some semblance of a fight. You estimate there's two men falling per orc, and while you can't be certain, there's at least forty-five to your thirty.

> What do you do?

> A) Charge into the fray, claw raised, and hack them down until there's none left to fight!
> B) Find the biggest, deadliest, best-equipped orc you can and kill him, without a leader they'll scatter!
> C) Turn and run, this situation is hopeless and the last thing you want to do is die for some Northerners and thieves!

> Boons:
> Companions:
> Jernik the Bandit
> Followers:
> 18 Bandits, 5 maimed
> 41 Northern Axemen, 2 maimed
>>
>>2490054
>> B) Find the biggest, deadliest, best-equipped orc you can and kill him, without a leader they'll scatter!
>>
>>2490054
>B
It's kinda our thing at this point.
>>
>>2490054
B
>>
>>2490054
> B
>>
>>2490054
>B) Find the biggest, deadliest, best-equipped orc you can and kill him, without a leader they'll scatter!
>>
>>2490054
>B
>>
>>2490054
>B
>>
>>2490900
OP?
>>
hey OP i'm stealing this quest formula if you don't come back

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.