[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 167 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: QTG.png (160 KB, 640x480)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
This is a thread created for the discussion of quests and all things regarding them, as well as general whinging about different platforms and fatalistic predictions about the board's future.

Please do not shitpost and please ignore at any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. Or at the very least make your shitposts entertaining. Outing yourself as severely mentally handicapped for example, while briefly entertaining, sort of derails discussion like nothing else.

Useful links:http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities. It is recommended that you give this a glance if it's your first time to the board and highly recommended if you are thinking about QMing.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net
[Hogbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net

Discord server:https://discord.gg/ZgBR5gy
(Can provide useful feedback and critique to QMs looking for help and is another way to promote your quest. Is also a way for players to get in touch with their QMs if they are also on the Discord. The only rule is if you need to shitpost at least be entertaining about it.)

Archive of quest reviews (It has now been very nearly a full year since the last linked review. This may sound shocking, but people like to hear opinions about quests. If you're feeling saucy then you ought to take a crack at it. It's not like you have a reputation to ruin.)
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
If your quest had a cute mascot character who or what would it be?

>Player Question
What's your favorite combat system that you've seen in a quest?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

Hey you. YEs you! I'm rolling to kick you in the nuts. defend yourself fool
>>
>>2960815
>If your quest had a cute mascot character who or what would it be?
A Japanese girl who gets too embarrassed in certain situations involving a certain someone
>What's your favorite combat system that you've seen in a quest?
Quests don't really have that much in depth combat systems. I'm not one to talk but I like combat that reads like its flowing between one person and the other, which would be attributed to a combat system reliant on picking out specific targets on a body or performing specific moves. Something akin to these kind of fight scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2MmlMxuDFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7N6MZJQeTg

i know they're anime but they fit well
>>
>>2960867
Goddammit, how I could possibly forget this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBmRl4q8Gl0
>>
>>2960815
Lamplighter, Thug Quest, and Panzermagd Quest for fantasy, "modern" and low scifi combat respectively.
>>
>>2960815
>>QM Question
Squishie. Squishie is squishy.

>>Player Question
FASERIP
There are a lot of others that I have enjoyed playing, but the system was largely hidden on the QM's side.
>>
How to make good Dmc quest
>>
>>2960926
Include Knuckles.
>>
>>2960926
>How to make good Dmc quest
>Dick Main Character?
>Deep Meaningful Conversation?
>Degenerate Mind Control?
>Dungeon Master Convention?
>Dude Missed Clicking-"F"?
>>
>>2960953
Alternatively, include knuckles?
>>
>>2960960
Devil May Cry you double brainlet
>>
HOW THE ACTUAL FUCK CAN SOMEONE NOT KNOW THAT DMC = DEVIL MAY CRY

WHAT IS WROOOOONG WITH YOU YOU TREMENDOUS FAGPACK??
>>
LIKE HOW

HOW ARE YOU THE PERSON THAT YOU ARE

EXPLAIN YOURSELF
>>
>>2960960
>>Dick Main Character?
>>Deep Meaningful Conversation?
>>Degenerate Mind Control?
>>Dungeon Master Convention?
LIKE HOW
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EXIST WITH SO FEW BRAINCELLS
>>
>>2960815
>quest is going great
>suddenly QM leaves without notice
>not even a "Sorry, guys, but I need to leave."
Why?
>>
>>2960964
>>2960970
>>2960976
Don't Motherfucking Care?
>>
>>2960982
That is a real thing at the very fucking least, and not "deep meaningful conversation," christ on a pancake.
>>
>>2960979
Dante Mouths Cock
>>
>>2960985
Google "dmc", you Douche Mongling Crapsack.
>>
>>2960988
It's the third result, what were you trying to accomplish?
>>
>>2960926
>Dmc
>>2960964
>>2960970
BTW, FYI, Dmc =/= DMC
At least, not necessarily.

When I read it, I saw it as "D mc" because we see FemMC & mc here so much.
Capitalization and punctuation are the friends of clear communication.
>>
File: PFERD.png (27 KB, 150x186)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Ich bin ein pferd.
Pferd ist gott.
>>
>>2961175
wow learn grammar, nazi.
>>
>>2961188
Ich bin ein pferd.
(I) (am) (a) (horse).
Pferd ist gott.
(Horse) (is) (god).
>>
>>2961175
>>2961190
Shit CK2 meme, consider suicide.
>>
>>2961193
Don't know what a CK2 meme is. Just telling you who I am.
>>
>>2961202
kys degenerate horse poster
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

>>2961223
rolling for inches on your little human dick
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>2961229
rolling for mine
>>
>>2961231
Fucking lol
>>
>>2960981

which quest
>>
File: 1468705664587.jpg (80 KB, 600x450)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>2961231
Hah, get fucked
>>
>>2961231

trololol
>>
>>2960981
Sorry, I honestly thought I would have more time then I did and didn't want to end my quest by telling everyone its over. Maybe ill be back one day
>>
>>2961231
bruh...... look at this DOOD
>>
File: stars.jpg (58 KB, 849x1200)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Long Lost Stars begins again in around 2 hours.

> Let the shilling commence

The tale of a horned girl wandering through eternal night. Of her meetings and partings with what’s left in a frozen land. Of her trials, of seeking, and of dimming light.

Let this lonely star burn out with wish fulfilled.

A post-apocalyptic fantasy. At times comfy, at times bleak. A journey to find warmth in the cold.

First thread here >>2927237 if it's still alive
>>
>>2960815
When can we finally admit that the board is dead?
>>
>>2961408
When have we ever denied it?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>2961408

board isn't dead there are still 1d20 players
>>
>>2961231
At last! /qst/ has a banner!
>>
>>2961418
But half of them are competing in dickwaving multiplayer games
>>
>>2961408
it will forever live.. in my heart
>>
>>2961408
It's still alive.
>>
>>2961408
>>2961426
Nice false flag tg.
>>
File: The Spider.jpg (32 KB, 505x716)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2960815
Shilling my quest which shills for the webcomic whose setting it shares.
https://tapas.io/series/The-Power-of-Stardust

>>2954744

Play as a dark vigilante, one of the last mystery men in an alternate 1940's changed by the rise of superhumans. A chaotic, nightmarish war is waged half a world away. But here, on the homefront, you hunt evil that lurks in the shadows.

Come join us. We're fun!
>>
Can we write smut yet or is it still taboo?
>>
No One Gets Left Behind has updated.

>>2958788
>>2958788
>>2958788
>>
>>2961596
People write smut in their quests all the damn time. We literally had a Fuck Quest.
>>
File: frozen.jpg (115 KB, 1303x613)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>2961359

Long Lost Stars is up
>>2961643
>>2961643
>>
Neet Quest is up

>>2957468
>>2957468
>>2957468
>>2957468

Have fun as we play in a sandbox world, where anons try to not fuck everything up
>>
>>2961239
>get fucked
With one angry inch?
I doubt it.
>>
>>2961283
>Sorry, I honestly thought I would have more time then I did
>Maybe I'll be back one day
If more QMs put their quests on indefinite hiatus like this instead of disappearing, /qst/ would be a better place.
>>
>>2961596
>Can we write smut yet or is it still taboo?
Not taboo.
But if it transcends from smut-like to actual smut, a rare but lovely /qst/ might delete the post, or possibly the thread.
QMs have gotten around this by posting the smutty smut in a pastebin.

What's the line between okay and unacceptable? Mod only knows.
(Seriously though, I'm still curious, but I'm assuming we can't describe anything network/cable tv can't show. No genitals, etc)
>>
>>2961408
/qst/ was stillborn.
And yet, slowly, we breathe life into it...
Long Live /qst/!
>>
I have been gone for a while, are their any new or active empire building or nation/territory management quests?
>>
op of >>2961290 here. this is my first time on this board and just wanted a bit of feedback. the scenario is pretty closely based on a WIP story of mine, so don't be surprised once it catches up and totally goes off the rails.
>>
>>2962085
Literally and figuratively shit.
>>
>>2962113
good, that's what I'm going for.
>>
What's a "chargen?"
>>
>>2962154
character generation
>>
File: Shovelhead Quest Title.png (1.15 MB, 672x961)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
Interest check for Shovelhead Quest: play as a newly turned vampire/cannon fodder in the nascent Sabbat as you fight through horrors, atrocities, and intrigue, losing yourself to the Beast or evolving into something greater...
>>
>>2962273
>title
not bad

>newly turned vampire/fodder
meh

>Beast/evolve
okayish, very dependent on writing ability
>>
File: ODSTMist.jpg (17 KB, 320x330)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
ODST Quest is live right now. Jump feet first into Hell!

>>2962353

>>2962353

>>2962353
>>
Filling up this board with yet another Pokémon Quest.

Will our autistic hero manage to get himself killed this time? Let's find out.

>>2962324
>>2962324
>>2962324
>>
I thought this board was dead
>>
>>2962488
It is.
>>
>>2962376
I'm curious as to how many quest protagonists are autistic.

...Alright, change that up, how many are NOT autistic?
>>
>>2962499
Protagonists are played by 4chan.

Do the math.
>>
File: ODSTSniper.jpg (28 KB, 384x480)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2962503
Character Sheet:

Corporal Dannie “Winnie” Churchill, Sharpshooter, Marines

STR: 3 - Controls melee, lifting, etc.
CON: 3 - Controls health, damage resistance, etc.
DEX: 4 - Controls vehicles, reflexes, shooting, etc.
WIS: 3 - Controls spotting, healing, etc.
INT: 2 - Controls operation of equipment, knowledge, etc.
CHA: 1 - Controls persuasion/intimidation, certain dialogue options, etc.

Two years, not counting Basic, in the UNSC Marine Corps has seen you go from “an okay shot” to an ace sniper. You tallied thirty-four confirmed kills before your Sergeant recommended you for the ODSTs.

As a Marine, you have undergone advanced physical training, giving you +1 to physical attributes (STR, CON, DEX) and as a Sharpshooter you gain +1 DEX and WIS, as well as -1 to CHA.
>>
>>2962539
Traditionally speaking, Halo quests die horrifically.
>>
>>2962544
Usually cause the QM bails I've seen
>>
>>2962548
Yup.
>>
>>2962544
Well, let's violate tradition then.
>>
>no Crusader quest sequel
>Solomon wil never wreck muslim shit

Why live?
>>
>>2962503
What about the ones played by Akun or on the Big Three?

>>2962553
I'll violate you.

>>2962722
Why make a sequel to something with a conclusion?
>>
>>2962750
>ones played by Akun
sluts

>on the Big Three?
Double autism
>>
And finally, the Future Trunks/Cell Saga is just about finished. One or two more sessions.

>>2960815
>>QM Question

Bulma

Puar

Oolong
>>
>>2962917
How OP was your husbando Cell this run through?
>>
>>2962920
Absolute bullshit. Glad to be rid of him.
>>
>>2962917
>>2962924
Oh God, he's been reduced to shilling here.
>>
Ah, tomorrow.
>>
Is Captcha not working for you guys?
>>
>>2962955
I've posted here from time to time in the past.
>>
>>2963057
and on /a/ of all things in the dbza finale threads
>>
ONCE MORE ANOTHER ISEKAI REVIEW

This quest makes me feel things, and not good things. QM, if you’re reading, stop. You have plenty of players happy with what you’ve done and they’re eager to follow. Not to mention, I have a feeling you aren’t the type of person who would handle derisive vitriol too well.

That being said, we need to talk about this quest.

PREMISE

You are Fuuma Nagaro, a schoolgirl isekai’d into another world when the train you were riding on “spontaneously went up in flames”. The quest is written in first person, but I’ll continue referring to Fuuma as (You). Your classmates join you, though only five others survive being injected with magic isekai juice to give them broken powers. However, you’re split from the other five and are thrown into the wilderness to fend for yourself, and the first action you take is to punch a bear with enough strength to crack its neck and send it into a tree.

The purpose of your summons, you learn, is to defeat the demon king and his army with the other heroes. This goes nowhere. Instead, the quest is actually about subduing animals and playing house.

BEING EVIL IS BEING AN ASSHOLE

>Creating a strong and steady stream of water over the boar's face I watch it shake more violently to keep out of the water. Struggling, the boar is unable to breathe, its squealing nothing more than a muffled gurgle under the water.

>Just about it was gonna drown I stop the torrent, watching the boar haggardly breath desperately. Thinking that it was gonna live I continue the rush of water onto its head, taking its life in my hands as it has no means to escape me. It dies when i want it to die; this process repeats over a course of a few minutes. There was nothing stopping me from enjoying its painful screech, playing around with its life like a toy.

The main character is a psycho. Excusing it as “wanting to play as an evil character”, the players in the first bit of the quest are lunatics devoid of any compassion or empathy. My favorite bit is how after going the unnecessarily nonlethal route of stopping a monstrous wyrm that feasted on a demihuman village, you befriend it and convince it to follow you. When you decide to leave, the village asks you for help and you decide out of the kindness of your heart to give the village a charm of protection. You, of course, take your new wyrm friend, open his mouth, and rip out a tooth without any hesitation.

Then, under slightly different circumstances, you do this again with a wolf. Both of them still follow you as if nothing happened. It’s normal thing, I guess.
>>
>>2963167

MOMMY ISSUES

At some point in the story, a traumatized enslaved bunny demihuman is introduced. She suffers a psychotic break, breaks free, kills the slaver, and runs away to search for her mother. Eventually, you run into her, and when she sees you, she instantly believes that you are the one whose vagina popped her out. She runs into your arms a vulnerable mess and calls you “mommy”, and that’s when something snaps. Both the QM and the players, in a coordinated effort, decide to make the wyrm, the wolf, and the bunny girl into your adopted children, going so far as urging the former two to stop calling you “master” and instead “mommy”. From thereon forth, the three are always introduced as your children, and the players have a laugh over other characters’ confusion. It does not stop. It never stops.

Fuuma is 16-years old, by the way.

4chan’s demographic consists mostly of little girls--I mean, men, so I find it incredible in how it manages to tap into the hidden maternal instincts of anons. No one seems to say anything, and everyone is even supportive if one were to go by the votes. Who knew so many anons wanted to be mothers?

POT AND KETTLE

One of the six heroes was gifted the power of slave magic, which is pretty self-explanatory. Let me give you some juicy quotes from the players.

> The first part of him being lazy and unmotivated doesn't bother me much personally. It's the second bit with being a super fan of isekai crap and having slave magic that gets my goat. Imagine you have the power to force anyone to be your slave through shenanigan powers and he absolutely loves the idea.

>...his main god gift is the instant enslave skill and being a lazy jackass pretty much all but confirms that he's the type of person whom left to his own devices will immediately become a sort of degenerative tyrant...

>Is having slave magic not an immediate red flag?

>There's still the chance that he's a decent enough guy to ask before he uses it? That's probably just my wishful thinking.

>probably a bad person and he uses slave magic

Completely unrelated, but the main character has a skill called “Marking Hex” which is a spell that inscribes magic tattoos on a target. By the powers of QM fiat, this hex can pretty much do just about anything, ranging from physical transformation to telling an arc to march back to a demon king’s general and explode when he reaches him.

>Casting marking hex on the orc, I brainwashed him, letting me have full control of his actions.

Oh, but it’s okay since it’s on an orc, right?
>>
OH GOD YES I LOVE THESE
>>
>>2962917
>not running a Dragonball AU where teen Bulma is not only an awesome mechanic & pistolero, but also is able to stand toe-to-toe with great martial artists.
>>
>>2963170

I mentioned a wyrm earlier. This is what you do to it.

>"What? Want me to cast obedience over you?"

>Seeing this, I took advantage of the hex, "Yoshka~ Open, please!" And just like that Yoshka's mouth opened. Grabbing one of the sharper ones I gripped hard, pulling a sizeable fang from the jaw.

The wolf also gets a “Marking Hex of Obedience”. If those aren’t the same as slave collars, I’m not quite sure what is. To add on, you also get this skill:

>[Imperfect Poison of Lust: Masochism]
>- The user is able to kiss a female target, putting her into a deep state of masochistic lust. Males are not affected.

It’s okay when you do it, right?

AND THEY DON’T STOP COMING

There are a gorillion fucking characters and they don’t stop coming. Though the main characters are unique and varied enough, the side characters turn into a blur as everything blends together into a horrid mess. The worst part is that nothing’s ever done with any of them. Characters don’t go through arcs, and things just sort of happen. Every single member of the “party” simply exists. The wolf always says something about not being happy with her human form and the wyrm has some witty reply; it’s like a played out comedic routine where they’re going through the motions. There’s also the demihuman, which, after her five minutes of fame, just calls you “mommy” and requires you to dote on her.

The closest the quest has ever come to anything thoughful was with the main character. You are a power-tripping, self-righteous psychopath, and after getting your ass handed to you by an unfortunate series of bad rolls, someone finally offers you solace and safety in her home. When you hear this, you turn into a sobbing mess, relieved that for the first time in your pathetic, uneventful life even before the reincarnation, someone cares about you. I thought maybe, just maybe, this quest would have a moment of meaningful introspection and what it means to have a friend. Perhaps there’ll even be some self-reflection.

And then you kiss her in the mouth and try to stand back on top because the players can’t stand being vulnerable.

The story also meanders; plot strings are picked up and forgotten immediately, the main arc of killing the demon king is dropped for shenanigans, and as of this writing, you’re a teacher at a school. More characters are introduced, more that I can’t give a fuck about as they all don’t do anything nor mean anything.
>>
>>2963174

WRITING

No.

There’s some attempt at thoughtful prose, but it doesn’t work. It’s awkward and riddled with grammatical errors, so much so that I often find myself skimming rather than actually parsing every word. Still, the effort is very much appreciated. The sheer volume output is also incredible with eight threads in a little more than a month.

Often times, there would be bits of narrative where the perspective changes and the world is fleshed out through another character’s eyes. As clunky as the writing is, these segments help elevate this quest from the unspeakable depths below to something that approaches memorable. They give life to the world and turns it into something that is more than a simple cardboard prop that serves only to fulfill fantasies.

MECHANICS

The dice are 1d100 with criticals enabled, where successes override failures. You gain EXP and you can allocate them into different stats. Alternatively, you can invest in a field of magic, allowing you access to many varied skills, so many that you lose track and forget some of them.

Still, this is where the quest shines. The sheer flexibility of Marking Hex means it’s only limitation are dice rolls and your imagination. You also have another ability where you can create magical items, meaning you can theoretically do just about anything given the time and will. Surprisingly, some of the solutions that players come up with are clever. You could, for the most part, tackle any problem in any way you want, and the sheer freedom given means this quest actually delivers.

IT DELIVERS

The quest delivers. That’s all the matters. The only reason why any person would read this is for the power fantasy it offers, and it gives precisely that. Despite all of its massive, glaring flaws, it’s good because it manages to achieve what it set out to do. If this sort of thing isn’t your cup of tea, then this quest will change nothing.

But that mommy shit is weird. Y’all need Jesus.
>>
>>2963167
Wow, this quest sounds like an absolute mess.
>>
>>2963179
It sounds like the dark side of isekai. You know, the self-insert power fantasy kind.
>>
>>2963178
I'm almost starting to suspect the player base on /qst/ is less than outstanding.
>>
>>2963233
>I'm almost starting to suspect the player base that willingly plays a isekai quest is less than outstanding.

ftfy
>>
File: this sort of frightens me.png (1.62 MB, 2560x1440)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>2963170
> Both the QM and the players, in a coordinated effort, decide to make the wyrm, the wolf, and the bunny girl into your adopted children, going so far as urging the former two to stop calling you “master” and instead “mommy”. From thereon forth, the three are always introduced as your children

Why?
>>
>>2963258
Degeneracy.
>>
>>2963178
based reviewanon
>>
>>2963178
>The main character is a psycho. Excusing it as “wanting to play as an evil character”, the players in the first bit of the quest are lunatics devoid of any compassion or empathy.
>You are a power-tripping, self-righteous psychopath,
I honestly think that this is the main appeal. Also, regarding slave magic, the MC clarely lacks any level or kind of introspection and is extremely biased towards her own actions. That is too a important part of her character.
The rest of the review is more or less on point, but I also think that many of that things(the mess of the plot, the side characters not changing and begin to many uninterestin among them) are, at least, partialy intentional.
There is a quasi socialist quality on this quest, it is isekai trash at its finest.
The whole mommy thing is really odd, in that I completely agree.
>>
House and Dominion is legit fucked atm, can’t believe the Count is dead
>>
>>2963193
You mean, the dark side that's so big you can't even see the light side anymore?
>>
>>2963551
At this point the only good isekai are the parodies, the self aware ones that take the piss out of the average trappings of the genre or the comedy ones where the author is actually funny.
>>
Did all asoiaf quests die while I was away
>>
>>2963577
They always do.
>>

>>2963640
>>2963640
>>2963640
>>
>>2963580
As God intended.
>>
>>2963691
>>2963691
>>2963691
A New Mutant Quest Issue #10 is up!
>>
Wars of the Free continues with Chapter 11

>>2963755
>>
>>2963547
Wait, how bad is it? That's one of the longer running quests, isn't it?
>>
>>2963178
Yeah that was my big problem with Marking Hex, it's the fact that it's TOO flexible. And any argument I have for wanting to create different types of magic gets shut out with "Why? We have marking hex."
And I was wondering why the hell we had made the other two call us mommy. There really was no reason for it.
As for the whole plot pick up and drop. That's what happens when game moves at the speed of plot on "slower than trash can rolling uphill in medium speed wind"
>Y’all need Jesus.
We're gonna need the full Holy Trinity to get us through this.

>>2963258
Because there were other players that wanted to be parents, I legit don't know why we had to bring the others into it outside of the Rabbit Child
>>2963260
Yeah pretty much
>>
Newbie prospective QM here. What in /qtg/'s opinion is the best way to start a quest in the OP? Long in-story opening or entirety outlining what the quest itself is about?
>>
>>2963806
Do you have character creation picks or are just jumping into the meat of things?
>>
>>2963806
>Long in-story opening
This one though don't make it super long. I'd say two posts worth with the second post giving prompts.

>entirety outlining what the quest itself is about?
Doing meta stuff at the start isn't advised. Show, don't tell.
>>
>>2963167
>>2963170
>>2963174
>>2963178
Nice in-depth review. You wanna review another quest like that? Try Do Your Best quest?
>>
>>2963837
Didn't that one get a review already?
>>
>>2963838
Did he ever do a review on Fuck Me, My Daughter's A Magical Girl! Quest?
>>
>>2963838
It did, but more reviews of quests are always nice.

>>2963841
That guy who did that one DYBQ review didn't, but he's an oldfag from /tg/ times.
>>
>>2963848
>more reviews of quests are always nice.
I agree. But I'd rather see other quests reviewed instead of more of the same one.
>>
>>2963850
I was heading out, but when I get back I could try my hand at an indepth review of Gantz Quest and New Mutant and maybe one other one.
>>
>>2963858
>Gantz Quest
Be sure to note how jarringly fast the love interest latched on the MC's dick
>>
>>2963872
>Be sure to note how jarringly fast the love interest latched on the MC's dick
How fast are we talking here? Within the first post or beyond ludicrous speed?
>>
>>2963820
It's more of a game quest. The readers aren't so much characters as just an army being directed via their vote. I'm going with something pretty simple and nothing too complex. The story will naturally follow said army and the results of said votes.
>>
>>2963879
After the first fight
>>
>>2963903
Damn that's pretty fast.
>>
>>2963915
They woke up from the fight with her on their dick. Then her actual introduction started.
>>
>>2963915
>>2963920
I'm lying, by the way, but that's how I imagined it had goo.
>>
>>2960815
>Player Question
> What's your favorite combat system that you've seen in a quest?

Black Company and Banished.

Also Valen.
>>
Overmaster Quest updated
>>2963957
>>2963957
>>2963957

Since I cannot do a session on Sunday as I promised, I'll do periodical updates instead as long as the thread lasts, or next weekend arrives.
>>
>>2963949
>Combat system
>Valen
I'm gonna need an explanation, chief.
>>
>>2961475
Okay.

Holy shit.

That first issue was amazing.
>>
>>2962273
Is it V:TM or the new one?
>>
>>2963998
I think it's Masquerade because the Sabbat aren't really a thing in Requiem.
>>
>>2964003
Well colour me interested then.

At least for Chargen.
>>
File: 1538419798666.jpg (102 KB, 1019x1024)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>2964024
>>2964024
>>2964024
Shovelhead Quest is off!

>>2963998
V:tM/oWoD setting
>>
>tfw no one will ever review your quest
>>
>>2964282
I feels you.
>>
File: 1538985164498.jpg (115 KB, 610x458)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>OP promises to start the quest on the weekend
>doesn't
>OP promises to start next weekend
>doesn't
>>
>>2964282
>tfw nobody will review your quest but its okay because they'd only have bad things to say about it anyways

Always look on the briiight side of life.
>>
>Plan out quest
>Time to post
>Overthink the early details
>Bitch out
Fuck not like this
>>
File: GetFuckedKongming.webm (2.91 MB, 1280x720)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>2964300
>Always have to add 3+ hours to an QM's twitter ETAs cause he is very bad at managing time.
>>
File: Darkness.jpg (106 KB, 736x1041)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Dark Queen Quest is live.
Come help us fight against king Filarion,
>>
>>2964282
>>tfw no one will ever review your quest
I thought this:
>>quest is going great
>>suddenly QM leaves without notice
>>not even a "Sorry, guys, but I need to leave."
Was a decent, if a bit succinct, review.
>>
>>2964300
do you want a qm who treats you right, babe?

i'll give you a hint[/spoiler]i'm right here[/spoiler]

now scroll up until you see A New, click the thread link, and vote
>>
File: jdia5.png (3.45 MB, 1920x1080)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB PNG
>>2964300
>OP promises to start quest sometime in the week
>they give an hour warning before start
>they start
>you play
>it's great
>everyone's happy
>discussion and activity abound
>everything went better than expected
>can no longer tell if I'm living in reality or within the shadow of a coma dream
>>
>>2964349
>>they give an hour warning before start
should start doing that
>>
>>2964349
You'll find out the hard way, nothing is what it seems
>>
>no Saiyan Quest
>no Generic Anime High School Quest
>RDR2 doesn't come out for 13 days
Guess I'll die
>>
>>2963526
>Also, regarding slave magic, the MC clarely lacks any level or kind of introspection and is extremely biased towards her own actions. That is too a important part of her character.
It was a critique on the players.
>partialy intentional.
I also like to break my quest's kneecaps partially intentionally.

>>2963837
Couldn't get into it, sorry. I do have another review planned, but I need to wade through a tremendous amount of shit first.

>>2963848
I'm not reviewanon from tg. I'm too bitter to be him.
>>
>>2964306
I can relate
>>
>>2964441
>I'm not reviewanon from tg. I'm too bitter to be him.
You're at least putting time and some amount of effort into the reviews. Which is better than nothing at all.
>>
>>2964441
>>2964499
Better than finishing every review with detailed instructions on how the QM should be engaging in coprophagia.
>>
>>2963526
>psychopath
>play as an evil character
When did this happen? What have anons done since thread 3?
And I think the demihuman mom stuff makes sense given her circumstances, or at least what I know about them.
>>
>>2964512
>Better than finishing every review with detailed instructions on how the QM should be engaging in coprophagia.
This is also true.
>>
>>2963774
The Count of House Jerik-Dremine is dead (making the MC the highest ranking noble in the house), the capital world is in the hands of the rebels that killed the Count, there's fighting on other worlds near the capital, the MC and her fleet are over week of travel away and most of the Barons are even further away invading Neeran space with other Dominion and Factions Alliance forces.

The quest is neary 7 years old and only one month since the start hasn't had a thread.
>>
>>2964300
>OP says possible thread on wednesday
>now saturday and she went silent
Give me my thread riz you slowpoke
>>
>>2964585
>making the MC the highest ranking noble in the house

Christ when did Sonia get that high up? (I haven't read since the initial Neeran invasion)

What about the rest of the Dominion or JD's allies? Can't lend a hand or is this solely a JD matter so they are staying out of it?
>>
>>2964626
>Christ when did Sonia get that high up? (I haven't read since the initial Neeran invasion)
During the Dominion Civil War Earl Jerik was promoted to Count and he promoted Sonia to Viscount (from Baron).

>What about the rest of the Dominion or JD's allies? Can't lend a hand or is this solely a JD matter so they are staying out of it?
The new Ruling House doesn't interfere with internal matters of it's allies and J-D's other allies don't have territory near J-D homeworlds .

The rebels are younger nobels, that grew up during the neeran war and the actual rebellion was about one or two days ago in quest, the news haven't reached other south reach, forces at the front or other house yet
>>
>>2964704
>The rebels are younger nobels, that grew up during the neeran war
Man how long has it been since it started? How old is Sonia now?
>>
>>2964338
> no link
>>
>>2964718
Sonia born: 2nd June 4004
quest started in 4023
neeran war started in 4024
Dominion Cvivil war starts in 4031 and ends in 4035 (Neeran war still ongoing)
28th January 4039,
Sonia marries Troy Harmen
5th November 3039 Leon Hildebrand Reynard-Harmen and Eleanor Franceska Reynard-Harmen are born
now late march (maybe april) 4042
>>
>>2964772
>Sonia marries Troy Harmen
Holy shit I thought she'd be salvage-sexual forever. Good on her.
>>
>>2964718
I believe early to mid 30s? She's calmed down a lot, got married, and had two kids. Her challenges are mostly on the strategic level now, she married into the Harmen family to Troy Harmen. You might remember him from such threads as the Lat'tham Ball where we picked a pretty dress with the highest voter turnout record. His uncle is the Baron whose plane we "borrowed" and is really into Mecha, and our first meeting we saved Troy from a fake sniper assassination his Uncle set up.

He's the main Heir to their Terraforming company that we were allowed to buy a 5% share in, the largest amount held by a non-family member. This stabilized our political position because they're one of the Old Guard families that we had been having friction with.

We're also leading a coalition of Houses and planets in The Run, protecting each others economic interests against the larger Houses.

We have enough money to affect entire economies and just invested in a bunch of Terran worlds that are being terraformed.
>>
>>2964778
> The AM torpedo use during the civil war

We actually started blowing salvage up.
>>
>>2964787
>>2964791
I'll have to catch up sometime. It's a lot to binge, but I do miss it.
>>
>>2964282
I can't really say I know that feel.

I mean sure, no one ever reviewed any of my quests, but they never went beyond thread 2 anyways, so there wasn't anything to review in the first place.

I am fairly certain that once I'll start writing a quest that takes off, I'm going to get plenty of unsolsticed opinions about it either way.
>>
>>2964778
She has salvage Company with two heavy carriers custom build for salvage work making billions of Seni each year

>>2964787
> Troy's Uncle (Baron Archivald)
That the starfighter fanatic, the Mecha enthusiast is Baron Dante Zvonimir from a different house
>>
>>2964808
>She has salvage Company with two heavy carriers custom build for salvage work making billions of Seni each year

If I remember right this Company all started from her being incredibly opportunistic during the power gap after the Run got cleared of pirates yeah?
>>
>>2963806
>What in is the best way to start a quest in the OP?
Long in-story opening or entirety outlining what the quest itself is about?
The goal of the OP is to draw in players, both returning and new, from the catalog, with just the title, image, and first few lines.
Typically for a narrative quest, jumping right in with some engaging lines that help sell what the quest is about helps.

For more unusual Quests, like ones where "it's more of a game quest and the players aren't characters but an army being directed via their vote", then an introduction might helpful to explain how this quest functions.
The more a picture says, the less text is needed, such as in Seeker Quest where it's clearly a drawquest. But whether through the image, lines, or subject, the idea remains to attract the interest of the player.
Never clog the first part of the OP with links or blogging about how you are new or whatever. Think elevator pitch.

Not necessarily for the first few lines, but for continuing quests remember to clue in (or maybe have a brief summary) for new players who won't know what's going on until they read up, but conversely won't know if they want read up until they check out your quest.
See:
>"You couldn't believe what Dick had done and now he was furious at your reaction.
>"Fuck you, Bruce!" he shouts as he moves to walk past you.
>Hit him.
>Apologize
>Demand he stay and explain himself.
>Tell him to never come back.
>Write-in

Versus:
>"You couldn't believe that Dick had stood and watched, letting Jane die and now he stood in front of you rubbing his jaw, furious at your reaction. Your knuckles protested as well, but as usual, you ignored your body's complaints.
>"Fuck you, Bruce!" he shouts as he moves to walk past you.
>Hit him again.
>Apologize for hitting him.
>Demand he stay and explain him willfully letting an innocent be killed.
>Tell him to never come back.
>Write-in

Also, it's entirely possible to run a mysterious quest that explains literally nothing in the OP, but you still have to intrigue the viewers. Black screen Mystery Wat Do Quests always fizzle.
>>
>>2964816
mostly from salvaging factions wars era battlefield very close to FTL harzard areas in South Reach. Specificly finding to heavy cruiser wrecks, one of them quickly repaired to salvage the other. The former was used for salvage work until being converted fpr station construction and the latter was sold to the house
>>
>>2964844
Don't forget finding all those Rovinar ships and building up favor with them. Also working together with the Terrans always ended well for us.
>>
>>2964306
Rereading my first Quest, I forgave myself for committing literally all the mistakes that I warn others of now (except the image ones).
Because I just jumped in and did it before I was "ready" with the little details, literally stating so in the OP. Oye.
But by the second thread I was already improving and I'm actually proud of the rest.

Step One is failing to get everything right. Step Two is improving and then going on to Step One.
>>
File: yt9v78tf00r01.png (680 KB, 1440x900)
680 KB
680 KB PNG
OH SHIT
the Wormquest ran by that one guy who almost died multiple times is back! looks like he won the British legal battle over the fucker who failed to rob him while he had a crippled leg
so yeah, I'm just advertising here for him, thanks
>>2965019
>>2965019
>>2965019
>>
File: 1439415931388.jpg (58 KB, 540x429)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>Saw Princess Quest in the catalogue
>thought it was the Princess Guard Quest 3.0
>>
>>2964369
Wait, what happened to Saiyan Quest?
>>
>>2963173
So just the ultimate Mary-Sue?
>>
>>2964888
What are those mistakes?
>>
File: Horror.gif (572 KB, 1024x768)
572 KB
572 KB GIF
>Started playing Frostpunk
>Lost track of time
>I was supposed to post the next update an hour ago.
Shit.
>>
>>2965109
Frostpunk will do that
>>
>>2965109
It's not my fault that X-Com 2 was on sale either.
>>
>>2965197
>>2965197
>>2965197
Dragonball Quest is running
>>
File: Hue Manson.jpg (153 KB, 1200x961)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>2960815
>QM Question
An adorable, super fluffy little speaker drone.

>Player Question
That's honestly a bit of a trick question I think. In my opinion the players should see the results, not the guts of the combat system. Sure, they should know what various weapons or attacks can do, but the strength of the Quest medium is that any kind of crunch that the QM has made can be kept behind a curtain and displayed as a more refined looking narrative combat. As a DM, when my player deals damage to an enemy, I have to constantly find a way to describe how the player deals damage to the bandit without putting him out of the battle. It's actually spawned the in-joke in my group that everyone in the setting has shoulders the size of refrigerators. In a Quest, I can hide away the hit points and to-hit DCs and just melt it all down into a smooth and interesting combat narrative.

As such, I think the best combat systems in Questing are those that offer consistency in their results without showing the players how the sausage is made.
>>
File: blue.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
You’re here again. The same place, maybe one night ago. It’s hard to tell when you can’t see the moon, and when it’s always night.

Long Lost Stars updates.

>>2961643
>>2961643
>>
File: One shot.png (36 KB, 1100x800)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
Im running a oneshot
>>2965363
>>2965363
>>
>>2960815
>QM Question
For Black Company it's a toss up between a pile of living paperwork, a possessed legionary eagle and Trooper Kid ;_;

>Player Question
All the ones I've seen in a quest are either too lenient (best of x rolls) or too arbitrary (average of x rolls) and rarely seem to encourage player choice.

>>2963949
Cheers mate!

I'll admit that my homebrew system wasn't perfect though, and its flaws become more obvious later on in the quest. You players stacked yourselves as a combat daemon solidly enough that the MC could reliably use the most aggressive stance possible , the only combat related vote that was ever really changing was what order/skill to use while Prince went Full Carnatour erry round. Another downside of my system was that, barring catastrophic rolls, personal combat was either brutally short in the MC's favour or tediously drawn out. And that latter one only occurred when the MC tried to take own dozens of opponents at once.

Plus that one cheeky anon that figured out how to completely break the system with a few skill/order combos.

That said, I am very proud that the platoon combat system managed to elicit panic from the players every time we had a casualty roll. Hopefully I've ironed out a few of the kinks with this system in the upcoming Sworn to Valour Quest this Friday. I guess we'll see.

>>2964585
>The quest is nearly 7 years old and only one month since the start hasn't had a thread.
Dayum.
>>
Halfling Tribe Quest
Gonna try and run an encounter in an hour or so. Would be faster and more fun with more than one player.
If anyone cares to drop by >>2940994
>>
>>2965538
Il read up on it :)
>>
File: OSDTPowerstance.jpg (21 KB, 373x479)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>2962353
>>2962353
>>2962353

Let's fuck up some Innies

ODST QUEST
>>
>>2965522
Pokemon Island Adventure Quest is live!
>>
>Uchiha Curse returning NEVER
I always end up being hurt, but I keep coming back for more.
>>
>>2965636
New thread! Only two and a half hours late!
>>
>>2960815
>Player Question
The combat system from that one quest where we played a soldier shot out of a spaceship in a drop pod.
>>
>>2965811
Combat Chain from Deniable Assets
>>
File: 1539477869684.jpg (129 KB, 609x622)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Oh boy, Cell's finally going to be gone for good, I never have to write him ag-
>>
>>2966305
Cell's your husbando nigga whachu talking about?
>>
>>2966324
Even I got tired of him after a while, anon.
>>
Someone told me to shill here, so here

>>2966352
>>
File: 1517780642102.png (259 KB, 536x409)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>2966328
>the most infamous quest writer piece of shit ever to exist on /tg/ and /qst/
>tired of Cell
>>
>>2966387
M-most infamous, do you really mean it? I mean, it's an honor just to be considered, but....
>>
File: 1517780505214.png (212 KB, 485x383)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>2966394
>falling for easy flattery that's ultimately meaningless
I expected more from you with your experience fucking with your players like the piece of shit you really are
>>
>>2966405
>Cell calling me a failure

P-pls Cell-Sama, no bully.
>>
File: 1517808074857.png (94 KB, 353x301)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>2966412
>>
>>2966387
>>2966394
>>2966405
>>2966412
Anon stop he's obviously getting off on this
>>
>>2966428
Nah, if I was a masochist, I'd be a lot happier.
>>
File: 1517786073798.png (209 KB, 351x385)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>2966428
>>
>>2966441
SOM stop beating off and put your dick back in your pants.
>>
>>2966532
Don't tell me how to live my life, you aren't my mom!
>>
>>2966574
You don't know that.
>>
>>2966606
Yes I do
>>
>>2960815
>QM question
It's a bit early to say, but in my last quest it would probably be a little baby dragon.
>>
>>2965102
>What are those mistakes?
Let's see, off the top of my head, there's:
>Don't prattle and blog about how you are new.
>Don't run when nobody interested in your quest is up and around
>Run the session when you said you would (fell asleep once and blew it off for the premier of the Walking Dead)
>Don't blow off a session for the premier of the Walking Dead
>Don't switch perspectives as it lowers investment in the mc
>Don't present pointless choice options: "Do you open the mysterious Mystery Box or stand there and do nothing?"
Probably others.
>>
File: 1529880633032.png (21 KB, 438x469)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>Quest that's not Resident Evil or Girls' Frontline but a crossover of both.
That's quite the weird combination, I must say.
>>
>>2967278
>Don't *consistently* run when nobody interested in your quest is up and around and only then
God I had a shit available time. 12am to 4am EST, Thursday through Monday.
>>
>>2967313
Riz?
>>
>>2967381
Reading this anon's last posts, you can tell it is definitely Riz
when thread pls
>>
>>2963971
Thank you anon!
>>
File: Haunting groundsa.jpg (199 KB, 631x382)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Want to play as a Ghost? Devil? Supernatural Evil? Misunderstood Eldritch creature? Or maybe you want to toy and torture your victims first?

Come and join The Haunting Grounds! Pick the haunter and location before it's too late!

>>2967462
>>2967462
>>2967462
>>
>>2967278
>>Don't present pointless choice options: "Do you open the mysterious Mystery Box or stand there and do nothing?"

Fucking this.
>>

>>2967641
>>2967641
>>2967641
>>
>>2965092
Joking aside, there are plenty of ways to make her competent without turning her into a Sue.
At least, not as much of a Stu Goku is in the source material. Don't deny it; Goku is 100% a Gary Stu.
>>
>>2967669
Mostly, aside from his idiocy.
>>
>>2967678
>>2967678
>>2967678
A New Mutant Quest has updated.
>>
>>2961475
Goddamn that’s actually a good webcomic. You seem to actually be creative, and that worries me because I’m not sure you’ll have much of an audience here. This board is filled with horny fanfic writers and isekai shit.
>>
>>2967381
>>2967396
Sadly, not Riz, whoever that is.
>>
>>2967746
A vampire.
>>
>>2967794
This man speaks the truth
>>
>>2967746
>>2967808
So...
The Riz is a vampire, sent to drain
Anon destroyers, hold you up to the flames
And what do you get, for your pain?
Betrayed desires, and a piece of the game
Even though I know, I suppose I'll show
All my cool and cold, like old job
Despite all my best I am still just anon in a quest
>>
>Anons start to namefag in a non-RP quest
>>
>>2968050
Such is Life in the Zone comrade anon.
>>
File: 1527597162312.png (356 KB, 436x617)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>2968050
Fucking hate that shit.
>>
/qst/, I want to run an agricultural simulation/character action quest. I've wanted to for quite a while, and I have no idea how to do it in an interesting way. At the moment I've got three main ideas.

>Small Scale - Players control one man, in Bronze Age Scotland, and have to manage keeping him fed and raising a family for him. Quest ends when he dies, consists of managing his family farm and his interaction with the people he meets. Will include both mechanical farming simulation and personal combat, as the character goes on "adventures" every few seasons. Pretty comfy stuff, interspersed with surviving the elements, fighting off raiders and trying to raise enough barley and sheep not to starve over the winter.

>Mid-Scale - Players control a bloodline, beginning a century or two after the invention of agriculture proper, either in a low fantasy near east or a low fantasy Scotland, both running between early Copper Age and Early Bronze Age. Focus is on managing family wealth and ensuring that the family line continues. Interludes of adventure when perspective shifts to more adventurous members of the family, or when the estate is involved in raids, warfare etc. Could expand into an Ancient City State game. The twist would be that at the end of each character, the players would have to give the character a funeral, and would have a session playing as the deceased character travelling through the afterlife, with their funeral giving them bonuses or maluses depending on its quality, and victory in the afterlife giving bonuses in the living world or magical blessings.

>Large Scale - Basically a civ-game based around managing the mechanical survival of a group of humans in a realistic early bronze age/copper age societys, a la Egypt or Mesopotamia, with magical elements. Focus will be on societal management and providing for the settlement, building industry and the like.

I've got just about enough autism to pull off any of them, but rest assured, not enough to make more than one spreadsheet.

So, which of these would seem to be the more interesting? Which would you like to play? Anything you think I should change with any of the ideas?
>>
>>2967878
You think most people here are old enough to get that reference? Like they were from 1979?
>>
>>2968050
> when this happens so everyone uses their name.
>>
>>2969331
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZS0UKAIbI

>>2967381
>>2967396
I've never been proud of my quest, only of my cute anons! It's a wonder anyone has stuck with me this long and put up with my shit, both as a person and in typo-littered narrative. Besides, you should know I can't get anything done in four hours.

I've been rereading Foxfire though, and made some bad decisions during the week. Valen will be up either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how much of a failure I am as a human being.
>>
>>2968884
The mid-scale idea sounds interesting.
>>
>>2963167
>>2963170
>>2963174
>>2963178

This made me doubt being a qm. What if I have readers that think these things about my stuff? Shit's demotivational yo.
>>
>>2969728
>This made me doubt being a qm
Remember that despite all of that, the isekai QM has a healthy number of people who genuinely enjoy the ride and what's being written. Not everything you write will be for everyone, and nothing you make will receive universal praise. Accept criticism as something to help you improve, but don't let it discourage you from enjoying yourself with people who appreciate what you can give them.
>>
>>2969728
Just a write a good quest lmao
>>
Do Your Best is starting thread 51 today!
>>2969720
>>2969720
>>2969720
Don't you just love it when one single bracket and / sign gets fucked in the OP that you can't delete? FUCK
>>
>>2969728
He also pointed out some of the good things about it, so it's not all doom and gloom despite what was being said.
>>
>>2969375
Riz we love you and I'm just happy you're still willing to indulge us.
>>
Banner designs when
>>
>>2970475
of what exactly?
>>
>>2970518
For the board you dum dum
>>
>>2970565
What quests, I mean.
>>
>>2968050
>>2968259
What's wrong with it
>>
Thug Quest 34

>>2970563
>>2970563
>>2970563
>>
>>2968050
Pre ID, it was kind of useful as a QM to have namefags when a course of action was being debated, or a contested vote.

With IDs, I kind of agree with you.
>>
File: IMG_20181014_235547.jpg (52 KB, 1207x291)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>2970475
>>2970565
>>2970572
I say we just try to come up for some universal ideas and design some. For shits and giggles if nothing else.
>>
>>2970593
If there is literally no reason for anyone to need your name, like you do need in Game or RP threads, then putting on a name is pure attention seeking.
It's literally:
>"HEY EVERYONE! I'M HERE! ME! NAMEFAGANON! REMEMBER AND ACKNOWLEDGE ME AND MY NAME! NOTICE ME!"
On an anonymous website, it's asinine. On other websites too, but less so.
>>
>>2971192
this. if you want to have a name and have ebin circlejerks you belong in reddit
>>
>>2960815
Fluffy owl. I don't know why, but owls are just adorable.
DC-based resolution with a powers system. Basically, either roll above a DC or use a limited-use power. Had an idea for a party system where you have a list of power cards, each of which does a specific thing, but each party member also contributes a 'free' card you can use once while they're in your party.
>Healer adds (Regain 50% HP) card
Stuff like that.

I'm a former QM who's been feeling nostalgic. What do the kids these days like?
>>
>>2971886
>What do the kids these days like?

Poop.
>>
>>2971889
Ah. I remember the shit taste we had back in my day.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
>>
Are lore dumps for upcoming quests welcome?
>>
>>2971920
Is it dark fantasy?
>>
File: Smug Jug.jpg (330 KB, 1749x933)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>2971173
pic related saying

>/qst/
>>
>>2971192
>>2971288
I think there can be a merit to it though.
>>
>>2971944
if the quest requires you to have a name then sure, there's merit. If not then you belong in reddit namenigger
>>
>>2971943
If there's a message there, I'm not getting it.
>>
>>2971944
>I think there can be a merit to it though.
Do you?
Do you actually think that? With actual thoughts that you could articulate into an argument describing those merits? If so, please do so and we can discuss.
Or, do you just want to believe there is merit to it because you like it and want there to be a better reason for it beyond simple attention seeking?
>>
>>2972185
from what I understand, the tablet goes vvub to notify that your quest just got updated, hence dude smiling
>>
Discount drawfag & part-time namefag here with a small update: letting anyone expecting a Dawn-blade session today know that I won't be running; I'll give an update as soon as I am certain I can run again.
No matter what happens, short of losing internet, full-body paralysis, or death, I WILL let you guys know the situation.
Party on, fellas.
>>
>>2968884
Mid scale game set in ancient Greece will be fun
>>
>>2972223
>>2972223
>>2972223
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

LC3
>>
>>2968884
>Mid-Scale - Players control a bloodline, beginning a century or two after the invention of agriculture proper, either in a low fantasy near east or a low fantasy Scotland, both running between early Copper Age and Early Bronze Age. Focus is on managing family wealth and ensuring that the family line continues. Interludes of adventure when perspective shifts to more adventurous members of the family, or when the estate is involved in raids, warfare etc. Could expand into an Ancient City State game. The twist would be that at the end of each character, the players would have to give the character a funeral, and would have a session playing as the deceased character travelling through the afterlife, with their funeral giving them bonuses or maluses depending on its quality, and victory in the afterlife giving bonuses in the living world or magical blessings.

Sounds neat
>>
>>2972185
Its a blank slate for editing in shit you want IE the Banner
>>
File: PicsArt_10-15-11.32.17.jpg (172 KB, 1080x1182)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>2971173
I have two ideas but they're but comics due to the absurdity that is questing and comics
>>
File: PicsArt_10-15-10.44.09.jpg (222 KB, 1080x1511)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>2972262
>>
I'll make a banner as soon as the mods start accepting them
>>
>>2971886
>DC-based resolution with a powers system. Basically, either roll above a DC or use a limited-use power.

I like that idea a lot. If I ever decide to try my hand at QMing again, that sounds like a solid way to do it.

I tend to prefer combat systems that don't rely on a roll for every single action you could conceivably do. Some things don't necessarily need to be rolled for, and almost nothing takes me out of the action faster than and entire thread of nothing but rolling for twelve seconds of combat.

And on that note, I think I tend to prefer 3d6 rolls to d20 or d100, since it tends more toward the middle. Fewer critical hits and failures, but better for a more consistent level of what the character is capable of.
>>
>>2972264
This is the best one. It perfectly captures the batfuck insanity that is questing.
>>
File: IMG_20181015_150507.png (109 KB, 720x933)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>2971173
What do you mean come up? We already have the perfect design (that needs more cropping)
>>
>>2968884
Is there a story behind all this farm autism?
>>
>>2972532
You summon a succubus who tries to seduce you but your farming autism converts her into a vanilla demon wife
>>
>>2972547
Gay
>>
>>2972547
Well, they did say she was a hoe fo'sho.
>>
File: 1499886990502.jpg (158 KB, 1024x806)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>2972752
>>2972752
>>2972752

My spur of the moment cold is semi-gone, so we can continue. Okidoki Odyssey resumes. Recaps, rules, chapter archives, and a small introduction can be found in this directory pastebin: https://pastebin.com/my72UJDu. Thanks for your patience and continued support.
>>
File: 1485977531337.jpg (381 KB, 1024x638)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>2972264
>>2972262
>the absurdity that is questing and comics
I like the general idea, and that Dracula bit is perfect, but we should come up with a few different ones.aybe touching on some non-/co/ material and maybe some universally /qst/ metaphors.
I'll think about it.

>>2972417
>We already have the perfect design
>/qst/: Come for the adventure, stay for the little degenerate community
>>
Do Your Best is running now! If you like it please vote! why the fuck has /qst/ been dead slow since Friday? this is unreal
>>2969720
>>2969720
>>2969720
>>
File: Spoiler Image (354 KB, 404x640)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>2960815
>QM Question
>had
>implying it doesn’t
>>
File: cellwoke.jpg (117 KB, 540x612)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2972989
You don't need mascot characters for your quest if you are the mascot character.
>>
>>2972965
rip
>>
>>2973032
it's not just this quest, it's the entire board since like Thursday or Friday
fucking weird man
>>
>>2973036
I stopped samefagging as 6 people in every single thread
>>
How about a quest where you are a slave and you have to avoid getting raped and killed by your master?
>>
>>2973084
wouldn't work, people would fuck up on purpose in hopes of getting a rape scene.
>>
>>2973090
this, the worst part about about eroges is that they reward you for losing and punish you for winning.
Unless you unlock an awesome gallery at the end, its better to just enjoy playing masochistic sub quest.
>>
>>2973439
So if i run the quest I should make them get raped anyway?
>>
>>2973463
Hm, if you could offer a way to avoid rape but also a way to use it to advance the plot some other direction, that might work.
Perhaps the rapist drops his keys, or is too distracted/exhausted to defend themselves. Or you pretend to be mindbroken to gain their trust or something.
Maybe hide this fact from the players so that rape is still considered dangerous and your loopholes are appreciated instead of expected.
>>
Has anyone ran a dungeon crawl? Like you you get your team and just dive into a dungeon room by room?
>>
File: Vampire Quest.jpg (335 KB, 1044x1306)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>Vampire Quest 2.5: Lups d'Occitionia
The quest with knights, a Vampire noble, and Werewolf assassins is up now that All Hallows Eve is approaching fast.
Archive link for the story so far: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=sfartalheim

>>2968771
>>2968771
>>2968771
>>
>>2973615
I thought about doing something like that. But in my own thread I have to wait like 5 hours for a reply, so I'm not sure if having to wait 5 hours for "roll to see if you open door" is going to end with me tearing my eyeballs out.
>>
>>2973615
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Fungeon%20Crawl

shilling for a really cool guy
>>
>>2973615
>Has anyone ran a dungeon crawl? Like you get your team and just dive into a dungeon room by room?
Yep

>>2973725
>Fungeon Crawl
This
Very well done.

And, you know, ones like this one:
>>2957089
>Dungeon Delve
>>
>>2972264
>>2972262
>>2971173
I see it as a tidal wave about to crush a small boat, the boat would have labels like "femC", "original content", "Rich Story" and the tidal wave would have labels like "iseki", "anime", "fanfic", "waifu", "heram", "mindcontrol" etc
>>
>>2974102
Not bad.

My ideas were:
>Pick-A-Path book altered to have /qst/ features

>An iconic Vidya dialogue selection scene with the choices altered to be like /qst/

>A forking path leading to a trapped chest, a Waifu, and an Ogre (with the player obviously writing in to Waifu an Ogre Trap.)
>>
File: running a quest.jpg (29 KB, 418x315)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>2974102
>>2974181

Too much going on if you ask me.
Listen boyos I think we already know the perfect banner.
Pic related
>>
>>2974253
This one gets my vote.
>>
>>2974253
Nailed it.
>>
>>2974253
yes
>>
File: Dm9LbbkWsAIWTUa.jpg (68 KB, 1200x675)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>still not January
It's so far away, bros.
>>
>>2961408
For what it's worth, I think the recent slowness is due to CAPTCHA problems. I'm unable to post on my phone, and my work computer can't process it either, which has cut down on my posting rate. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing the problem.
>>
tfw For Hire dissappeared
>>
>>2974253
That's the one.
>>
File: tenor.gif (4.02 MB, 250x188)
4.02 MB
4.02 MB GIF
>No firebender quest where you realize your responsibility as Avatar and that you'll have to betray your nation and your love Azula.

Does joy fear to molest this blackened heart?
>>
>>2974532
Azula is a bad waifu and should have been put down like an animal just like her father should have been.
>>
File: 5268125-7.png (190 KB, 331x542)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>2974549
You're not a people person, are you?
It's not her fault she had dogshit parents.
>>
>>2974563
Your waifu is as ruthlessly evil as she is autistic even without her father's influence.
>>
>>2974532
>Azulafag comes to /qst/

Oh goddamit
>>
File: wp2495233.png (183 KB, 902x886)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>2974568
That's just wrong, though.
>>2974571
What's wrong with Azula? I thought her character was fine.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (320 KB, 564x468)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>2974587
>Avatarfagging
Reported you get it? AVATAR-fagging
>>
>>2974587
Nigga don't pretend you aren't autistically spamming Azula threads on /co/.

Your Waifu a shit
>>
File: 1447395268828.jpg (15 KB, 360x266)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>2974587
>What's wrong with Azula? I thought her character was fine.
But that's wrong, though. Anon wasn't complaining about Azula. He was complaining about you being a faggot.

>>2974592
Heh
>>
File: knights_n_knaves.jpg (188 KB, 760x596)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>2974253
Recent Oglaf fits perfectly too.
>>
>>2974623
>/co/
I only use /qst/ and /trash/
>>
>>2974714
>>2974714
>>2974714
>>
>>2974592
Reported for announcing your rep-wait a minute...
>>
>>2972532
What, for me personally or in the game?

If me personally, I just really love economic history and looking at the way ancient people lived, along with natural imagery and comfy creative writing. I've always been annoyed not to be able to find a small scale fantasy game based around simple historical economics. I don't even study economics.

I've spent a few years wanting to run a game where you play as a regular citizen in some ancient/early modern society, living through their life as they trade, farm and work. Boring to some, but it makes me happy. Merchant quests seem to be the ony;l way to pull it off, sadly, since there needs to be adventure to back up the economic stuff, and they seem like the only way to wring out enough collective economic autism to back it up.
>>
File: rq3rt52wtya3y.jpg (319 KB, 1000x620)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>2974927
merchant guest you say? we might be willing to finance this venture
>>
>>2972193
The reason i didnt post any argument is b/c i havent ever seen anyone being receptive to that viewpoint on here, and seeing your demeaning way of asking all but confirms it again
>>
>>2974102
I thought that mind control was relegated to akun and other sites. Is there any of that here?
>>
>>2975114
not really, fetish quests like that usually go exclusively to akun
>>
>>2975122
As I thought then, everything else was more or less on point with /qst/, but mind control is more a thing of quests in general than of /qst/ in particular.
>>
File: 1468414327841.png (1.52 MB, 1200x675)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>2975754
>>2975754
>>2975754
>>
>>2974253
This is it. But maybe the gif version works better?
>>
File: running a quest.gif (2.24 MB, 418x315)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB GIF
>>2975942
I did think of the gif, though I wasn't sure if those are allowed as banners so I just capped it to err on the safe side
>>
>>2976175
>I wasn't sure if those are allowed as banners
They are, /jp/'s comes to mind first.
>>
>>2976175
Yes they are
That's the perfect gif for a /qst/ banner
>>
>>2975014
>>2974927
I’d kill for a good merchant quest. Since demonologist quest dropped the merchant aspect that was basically the only decent thing in that bloated shitshow I haven’t been able to scratch my capitalism itch.
>>
>>2976314
>bloated shitshow
What about Demonologist Quest was bloated? Also it's fucking dead AGAIN
>>
>>2976323
The QM took ridiculous mountains of text to say anything. And the prose wasn’t even good, just a jumbled mess of unnecessary filler that seemed to be there solely to cover up the signs of ESL.
>>
>>2976314
>>2976390
Most QMs have trouble being succinct.
Same with newbie writers not getting it; content isn't words, it's your point. Style happens after.
>>
>>2974253
>>2975942
>>2976175
The gif is better, and the idea is perfect, the thing is that I can't help feeling I've seen it as the banner for another board. Transportation maybe?
Is there some way to check?
>>
>>2976442
am i succinct?
>>
>>2976442
I always felt that if I didnt write several full boxes of content per update people would get bored of my quest since I only updated 4 times per week.
>>
>>2976488
> write several full boxes of content per update
> only updated 4 times per week
That’s what demonologist quest did and it’s probably the worst thing you could do. Just look at the rating in sup/tg/. In the space of six threads it plummeted from 33 all the way down to 1 because everyone got sick of that shit.
>>
>>2976520
I did what I could with the time i had available. Besides, my player base stayed consistent in size per thread so I dont think people were too put off by it. I ended up stopping my quest because I couldn't even do the 4 updates anymore.

Also the 1st thread always has the most votes because people will vote up the 1st thread when looking through the archives then the automatic system will stop them from voting up the subsequent threads because you are limited to 1 vote per 30 min or something.
>>
>>2976536
>30 min
2 minutes
>>
>>2976540
Still too long to sit around.
>>
Sworn to Valour in TWO DAYS.
>>
>>2976557
GET HYPE KNIGGAS!
>>
>>2976557
Finally a reason to bust out my Crusader quest folder
>>
File: Crusader.jpg (1.12 MB, 1920x1080)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>2976557
>>2976567
>>2976568
https://youtu.be/m5UX38J1UoU
>>
File: (You).png (448 KB, 736x981)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>2976557
Get hype!
>>
>>2976557
I hope people don't go all smite happy.
After Black Company I'd like to have a decent person as an MC for a change.
>>
>>2976603
>mc
>decent person

Name quest MCs that are good people, really. Not normal, not okay, but Good people.
>>
File: 1421416782388.jpg (202 KB, 1100x950)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>2976603
>Doing God's work
>Not a decent person
I don't follow.
>>
File: IMG_2006.jpg (51 KB, 640x356)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2976603
I just want to play Chad knight who won't take shit from people talking shit about honor or vows

maybe smack a thot or two
>>
>>2976568
Shield Quest? Was that it, the one with the Lamia and the "You must be THIS paranoid" artfagging?
>>
>>2976605
Do Your Best.

House and Dominion, I mean technically no war crimes were committed.

Just don't let Ouros players in.
>>
>>2976619
No, the one thats was historically based and the Mc was a spoony bard knight.
>>
>>2976621
What is up with Ouros and his players? I skimmed his quest Court of Swords and apparently they joke about off and on about how it's light hearted when it's probably some of the most depressing writing I've seen in a while. I'm probably going beyond full retard but if they consider that to be "light hearted" then it just leaves me wondering what is going on in their normal quests.
>>
>>2976630
Ouro said that this is going to be a more light-hearted quest in comparison to his other ones. But as it turns out he lied, so now anons keep making jokes about what Ouro perceives as "light-hearted"
>>
>>2976630
Oh boy.

Ohhhhhhh boy.

Well pretty much Ouro writes realistic, fleshed out characters with their own values and motivations and views separate from being vehicles to allow player power fantasies.

So Anons decisions have actual consequences, not just narrative progression.

Snake Catcher Quest? They played possibly the best representation of an Evil character ever *by accident*. Not like Saturday Morning Cartoon evil, but a realistic version of someone who just doesn't really give a damn beyond their own personal desires and justified atrocities in the name of love and self entitlement.

It's a fantastic quest. I highly recommend the read. Ouro is the GM people need, not the one they deserve.

Lamplighter has them playing full Deus Vult and murdering the last of Humanity for being heretical. Or inconvenient. Slightly more self aware than Snake Catcher, he writes the MC with a conflicted sense of determination and regret for what's necessary and a growing resignation that he's never been the Good Guy and that what he does isn't forgivable but is necessary that the players don't deserve individually but well described the conflict between players who want to be noble and players who want to Deus Vult all day.
>>
>>2976605
The Dad from "Fuck, My Kid is a Magical Girl"
>>
>>2976644
Actually yeah. Shockingly wholesome and focused on being a responsible parent and adult.

Despite the now infamous Heat arc which I hope to God is never repeated. Or Sue.
>>
>>2976557
When are you going to run Garret P.I. quest?
>>
>>2976630
>>2976640
The funny thing is that this happened in another quest, can't remember the name of it. But they explicitly said it was going to be 'light-hearted' and turns out it was horribly dark.

I think it's more a board in-joke at this point that whenever someone says their quest is going to be 'light-hearted' that means it's gonna be horrible.

>>2976643
I mean, you're not incorrect, but that doesn't mean it's not light-hearted. Kinda ignored the point.
>>
>>2976442
How am I? I try not to write too much but I have to put in some asides here and there for the sake of worldbuilding.

>>2976643
>evil character
>by accident
What.

>>2976605
Well damn. And here I thought I would stand out having a dark vigilante as the PC. Oh well. Captain Marvel quest will be different.
>>
>>2976646
>Despite the now infamous Heat arc which I hope to God is never repeated. Or Sue.
Or every dumbass choice that turns the thread into a slog and outlast it's welcome.
Or the fact that anons keep jumping back into the whole "should we or should we not sleep around with other people while married" shit despite the fact that this never was a thing with the MC during the entire time we were married before the start of the quest. For fuck's sake, I understand that Haiku tries to be inclusive and shit, but he really needs to shoot that fucking horse out of it's misery and never bring it up again or bring it to a final conclusion for good.
>>
>>2976654
Molochs Magical Girl quest.

Body horror, cyber horror, existential horror. Shit was fucked.
>>
House Blacksand qm disappeared without a word :l
>>
>>2976682
Yes. That's all I have to say to this. We've stood up to Gods, but Anons keep almost falling to teenage girl wiles.

So glad the MC has realized that he's got responsibilities and a situation where a threesome with anyone directly in his social circle would be a Bad Decision.

>>2976675
> Accidentally

They accidentally apocalypsed a world at which point they realized that yes, THEY are the baddies. The quest started out with them waifuing the Villain and getting into an abusive (with them being abused) relationship with them.

They didn't realize it despite several times being told straight up that they were evil and aiding and abetting a non-human amoral evil spirit.

To be fair, the good guys were kind of dicks so . . .

Honestly, I'm shocked at how well they roleplayed a relatable villain who didn't see themselves as a villain but definitely was. Chaotic Evil done right.
>>
>>2976690
A lot of GMs have dropped off the face of the earth without a word.
>>
>>2976654
It's not lighthearted when people actually get hurt by the decisions made, and that pain is weighed and found to be acceptable for the MCs goals.
>>
>>2976692
>its a creative writing exercise where a paucity of attention and praise alternates with venomous mockery
It's a struggle to write paragraphs of story just to get a single post in reply. Being a GM is absolutely soul crushing. I probably wouldn't be doing it if it didn't provide both a way of fleshing out my webcomic's setting and getting it attention.

>>2976691
>They accidentally apocalypsed a world at which point they realized that yes they are the baddies
It feels like there should have been a few steps between start and genocide where they should have clued into things.
>>
>>2976703
>It feels like there should have been a few steps between start and genocide where they should have clued into things.
There were, and they should have.
But they didn't.
>>
>>2976703
>It feels like there should have been a few steps between start and genocide where they should have clued into things.
I have seen players go full bore in completely disregarding even basic information shit for a single goal. What anon is saying does not shock me in the slightest, and I'm probably sure there WAS a middle ground.
>>
>>2976693
>>2976691
>>2976706
>>2976712
The Spider kills criminals and leaves his mark on their dead bodies but I'm starting to feel he's not near as messed up as most qst protags.
>>
>>2976713
Oh man, you have no idea how right you are.
>>
>>2976703
> They didn't realize it despite several times being told straight up that they were evil and aiding and abetting a non-human amoral evil spirit.
>>
>>2976713
That is correct.

Also we forgot Crackbitch! JJ! From HMQ!

He was decent. If a criminal.
>>
>>2976605
Funnily enough, I think the MC of Demonologist Quest qualifies. Generally speaking, he's a pretty good guy. He lies constantly, but most of his actual action are good. Really, I can only think of one time where he hesitated to do the right thing.
>>
>>2976605
Gantz DC has a good guy for the MC working at Wal-mart Ash Williams style and living life in DC. Now he has psychic powers (straight outta the manga) thanks to some /x/ thot, is the hero everyone needed, and eventually ended up dying heroically to Steven Jewniverse ayylien gems. But because it's Gantz he's gonna be brought back whenever someone hits 100 points real soon.
Pokemon Urban has a good guy MC. He's an autist who talks to mons, is into girls in cosplay, has a thing for actual pokemon food, and tries to help his friends. He willingly made a connection with a broken psychic girl to prevent his mons from being hijacked - who occasionally possesses his body in an attempt to flay mons alive.
Do Your Best has a good guy MC with his own faults and mistakes, and other characters actually call him out on shit that happens thanks to him fucking up. And oh boy does he fuck up, though not as much as other people would have you believe.
Harem Romcom has a good guy MC but the world he lives in is outright confirmed to be out for his blood, so everything he does (as well as all the write-ins people do) are as pragmatic as possible to account for best possible outcomes. Then again, BSG railroads rather frequently because it's apparently an old script of a VN of his or something? It got pretty bad when he misconstrued write-in intents to railroad more overty, but I think he stopped doing it when everyone called him out. He still railroads though.

On the other hand...

Necromancer Detective main character, while he does seemingly "good" and "altruistic" things, is only in it for himself and his skeleton buddy. A combination of demon-induced PTSD and trauma, being a guy in his early 20s in a medieval setting where the industrial revolution is only just happening alongside the creation of magitech, as well as messing with the dead for a living - it doesn't make for a "good guy" protag so much as a "whatever furthers his own ends, within reason" pragmatic survival protag. What? He saved multiple people multiple times, risking his own life when he could've just ran away? Nonsense, it's all to keep his cover up. :^)
Saiyan Conqueror main character is based as fuck and the true hero and father the Saiyans need AND deserve, but he's not a good guy. Having a body count in the potential billions, blowing up a couple planets, eating your enemies, and working with a demon princess who (unbeknownst to him) wants to break time and make all worlds a merged clusterfuck hellscape with the Demon Realm - these do not exactly make Karn a good person.
A New Mutant protag is absolutely evil and menacing and devoid of most good or pure emotion, just like how you would expect the Diablo from classic literature and myth to be (completely with outright devouring souls!). Except he's also a teenage mutant who's a tsundere for those close to him, knows how to have fun in his own way, hums a lot, and has endearing qualities despite being a literal complete monster.
>>
>>2976605
I'd argue Roarke from Mecha Space Pirate was at his heart a good person. Sure he was a thief and would kill his enemies but he did care about his people and would help out against threats to all of Sol.
>>
File: Lighter_Tone.png (105 KB, 948x1022)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>2976687
>>2976654
>>2976630
All in all though I wouldn't call Heavenly Child horribly dark. It had dark moments for sure, but never strayed into grim. Bad shit happens but they overcome it.

Ouro's Court of Swords is a different kind of dark that hits closer to home. Social anxiety, one's place in the world, so inept at most things that most people don't really want you around, etc.
>>
>>2976782
>BSG railroads rather frequently because it's apparently an old script of a VN of his or something? It got pretty bad when he misconstrued write-in intents to railroad more overty, but I think he stopped doing it when everyone called him out. He still railroads though.
Thank fuck I dropped that quest when I did, because I just grew sick of the railroading, especially when we specifically wanted to be the sane man.
>Oh what's that, you want to tell the tsundere friend that you're not interested in her because you want to have a stable relationship with your girlfriend?
>Too bad, get overridden, you're just a mob character XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDD
>>
>>2976911
>>2976911
>>2976911
>>
>>2976913
>6 update notifications in this thread
dont you want to tone it down. I can understand announcing a new thread but this is cuh-rah-zee
>>
>>2976916
I thought posting an update alert after a long period of no updating was normal. Like, first update of the day gets an alert that tells people, (Eurobros), things are back on.
>>
>>2976605
I know of an MC who was altruistic, wanted to help in every way he could and wanted to look cool doing it.

But that Quest was trash and boring and died before thread 4.
>>
>>2976921
People don't use the qtq as a source of alerts. If you are going to pause the updates for a long time just tell them when they will resume and they will be there.
>>
>>2976934
It's not like our reply count matters all that much and he isn't spamming. Nothing wrong with getting as much coverage as possible
>>
>>2976942
it just seems pointless to me.
>>
>>2976913
Honestly I was just checking the qtg while I'm archive diving and noticed it. So it does help someone at least.
>>
>>2976480
I'd say so, yeah. Aside from the the descriptions call for more flavor, which is good.
It's clear you do research to throw in accurate details, but you don't wax on poetically about them.
>>
>>2976488
>I only updated 4 times per week.
Then yeah, you should have chunky posts and Important and Vital choices that have Impact on the narrative.

That said:
>If I didnt write several full boxes of content per update people would get bored of my quest
Never measure content by the box. The writing should be clear when it is sizeable and done.
NEVER PAD YOUR WRITING.
Not that you necessarily did, it just needs saying.

>>2976520
>In the space of six threads it plummeted from 33 all the way down to 1
Dude, that's a shit metric.
>>
>>2976675
>How am I? I try not to write too much but I have to put in some asides here and there for the sake of worldbuilding.
IMO, your writing is not what I would call succinct, but it is good and compelling enough to keep reading.
>>
>>2976934
>People don't use the qtq as a source of alerts.
I do.

>>2976921
I appreciate it Afungi.
>>
File: long_ouyang_01.jpg (207 KB, 1240x562)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
Establishing connection..
User Molly Andreson, Xenobiologist has been stranded on an unknown planet.
Requesting secondary processors to supplement UNIT EVE in aiding the user
Command Line found here
>>2975789
>>2975789
>>2975789
>>
>>2976970
>It's clear you do research to throw in accurate details, but you don't wax on poetically about them.
Thanks.
>Aside from the the descriptions call for more flavor, which is good.
Wait, my descriptions need more flavor or do I need to focus on other things?
>>
>>2976983
Hey thanks, I'll take that as a compliment!

By the way, we're in the middle of deciding whether to spare an enemy or not. Come help us decided one and all!

>>2954744
>>
File: Pulp Spider.jpg (66 KB, 400x616)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>2977115
Forgot pic.
>>
With the news that the World Trigger manga is going off hiatus is anyone going to make a Border Agent quest?
>>
Should players be allowed to write in for dialogue? Should you give them preset choices?
>>
>>2977301
yes and yes
>>
>>2976896
Personally I don't see CoS as that dark at all. I just see a bunch of shittyyl people feeling personally attacked because once again they're choosing to be terrible.

It's a place of magic and whimsy.
>>
>>2977346
It's not any darker than your average fairy tale. What with that colony of hundreds or thousands of wasps who were forcibly changed into human beings and then cursed to revert to their natural wasp life style if they ever fell in love, thus killing them instantly as the ravages of time devoured their long-expired insectoid husks for ever having dared to experience emotions that were thrust upon them.

Basic fairy tales, really.
>>
>>2976975
Wait.

Do QMs actually care about votes on Suptg? Just because I've been here since 2011 (lol tg) and I've never voted because it seemed gay.

I'd give the fag who runs suptg money though. I appreciate his services.
>>
>>2977358
QMs care about every way anons have of showing them affection. Fan-art, write-ins, talking about their quest, feedback after session, giving them imaginary internet points, etc.
>>
>>2977092
The descriptions that call for more flavor, you provide more details, which is good. Juicy steak, Third-eye-speak visons, and whatnot.
>>
>>2977352
Yeah. They're only dark if you ignore the fact that they were given the chance to love and live as something to more than themselves, and that the price might have been high but it was *fair* and within their control.

> Granny Lawyer was right

People are so focused on the curse and being a bitch about it and moping and whining and trying to rules lawyer out of it.

Let me tell you, as someone with a classical education, that shit is going to end badly. I'm saying it right now, people don't know what they're doing and they're going to regret it.

Gloriana Quest has the right of it. Ignore society and the shitty humans, play in the Wake, enjoy the magical absurdity of the setting, accept that you aren't the all important dancing singing shit of the universe and have some fun.

I'm going to stick around though to feed off players pain when they realize how badly they fucked up.
>>
>>2977362
> MFW I a totally give money

To one. My favorite, because he's been writing for goddamn years consistently and he hit a rough patch in life and I didn't want a hiatus while they went job hunting.>>2977362
>>
>>2977364
Ah, I see.
>>
>>2977373
>they were given the chance to love and live as something to more than themselves.
>the price might have been high but it was *fair* and within their control.
I'd debate these two, on the principle of whether it's a "gift" to grant sapience to something long enough for it to experience existential dread, and then tell it that it will die when it experiences one of the greatest parts of that life... Which is similarly arguable over whether someone really has a choice as to whether or not they fall in love.

However, that's moot because I'm fine with it. I also totally agree everyone's bitching too much over the curse, and Gloriana is the best. Count me in with sticking around to soak up everyone's suffering.
>>
>>2977385
Personally I saw it as a Costanza. Go out on a high note when they're as happy as they can ever be.

Then again I like Schopenhauer so . . .

And it's just as fair a shake as anyone else gets, more some might say because they don't suffer the crash.

Nobody asked, were those wasps happy?
>>
Excuse me.

I just wanted to say that Overmaster Quest returns on Saturday 12pm EST and 4pm GMT.
Thank you, have a good day/night.
>>
File: 1378177826655.gif (796 KB, 500x281)
796 KB
796 KB GIF
>>2977378
>that one guy who said I should compile everything into an ebook so he could buy it.

gud feel.
>>2977358
>>2977362
This.
>>
>>2977358
Yeah I care. It sates my ego. I know going out of your way to vote is a pain in the ass, which is why it's all the better when I see my threads hit green and that my anons care. Which they don't apparently, because they're always lurking and rarely come out to vote.
>>
>>2977542
What quest senpai?
>>
>>2977493
>>that one guy who said I should compile everything into an ebook so he could buy it.
luuucky
>>
>>2977493
That's me.

I dunno how long I can keep the big donations going for though. If you're TSTG, you got a job yet? I ain't rich, I just thought the quest was worth it.

I don't really see it as a donation, I see it as a fair price for 7 years.

> MFW I accidentally almost donated 10000 and he got investigated for fraud

I missed a decimal.
>>
>>2977652
No, Im not TSTG. I only ran for 6 months.
>>
>>2977673
I can do 3.50 in that case.
>>
File: tegaki.png (11 KB, 400x400)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>2977774
Thats ok, I dont accept money from my friends.
>>
File: images.png (2 KB, 225x225)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>2977802
Awwwwww
>>
>>2977802
This was actually really nice and made me smile. I dunno why, but I've been in a bit of a bitter mood lately but this just cleared it up.

I'll be honest, it beat my donation flex.
>>
Sworn to Valour in 24 HOURS.
>>
>>2978078
Valor
>>
>>2976782
>tfw anon likes your quest
>>
>>2978323
same
>>
>>2978361
It’s a good feeling
>>
Why is it 40k quests never take off unless they include Yuri/fapbait in general? Is the questing community just not inclined to play in such a setting? Or is it simply that QMs to date have done a shit job of it?
>>
>>2976782
>>2978323
>>2978361
>>2978414
Honestly, just knowing that an anon reads your quest feels great
>>
>>2978451
40k is super lethal.
>>
>>2978451
Rather play Fantasy tbqhfamalam
>>
>>2978451
I personally don't have a taste for needless grimdark edge and zealotry, so the entire 40k setting is pointless to me.
>>
>>2978078
MY THROBBING HARD PURITY FOR THE HOLY LAND!
>>
>>2960815
Okay, what the actual fuck is going on in Joker Quest? What's with all the vivisection shit? I don't understand what we're trying to accomplish at this point.
>>
File: 1462263746354.jpg (18 KB, 228x249)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2978323
>tfw anon reads your quest but doesn't seem to like it much
>>
>>2978482
For all the claims of this I've never seen a QM just up and go "you die" in 40k quests. Instead they just flake and never show up again.
>>
File: 1438215088977.gif (2.9 MB, 200x170)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB GIF
>>2978520
>that feel when anon same fags in your quest then deletes his post hoping no one saw him
>>
>>2978451
I can't help you.
>>
>>2977887
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6LovY_DdEE
>>
Halfling Frontier CivQuest is back up.
>>2978743
Summoning old and new players alike.
Sorry, I got busy for a few days and let it die.
Be warned I am kinda slow even under normal circumstances
>>
>>2978451
>Warhammer Isekai Quest
>Local anon gets hit by a truck
>Wakes up in warhammer 40k universe
>Knocks out chaos gods with Gary Stu powers
>Rapes established lore like there's no tomorrow
>Knocks up cute female space marines after pure consensual vanilla sex
Yay or nay?
>>
>>2977373
>Gloriana Quest has the right of it. Ignore society and the shitty humans, play in the Wake, enjoy the magical absurdity of the setting, accept that you aren't the all important dancing singing shit of the universe and have some fun.
One problem though: it would make for a shitty boring quest.
You classical education should've taught you that fiction requires conflict.
>>
>>2978850
>fiction requires conflict
What is Slice of Life?
What is Aria the Animation?
>>
>>2978868
Aria works on visuals, it's not so much a narrative as it's a moving painting.
SoL works on cute girls and/or comedy, it's not much of a narrative either.
>>
>>2978451
Probably because 40k has proper RPG systems to play, not to mention the wargame. People who want warhammer go there and do that.
If you take a look, very few of the quests are about RPGs you can play properly with a group of friends instead of a group of unreliable strangers.

Not that is to say that Quest Players are unreliable, but most of the times they are strangers who are either there to participate or not, you cannot replace them consciously, and establish a trustworthy circle like with a tabletop game.
>>
>>2978905
I ask because I'm having literally the opposite problem: i.e. the group I play 40k with is unreliable as fuck while the one quest I'm running consistently gets views and votes. And regardless of how and who I recruit the 40k games always devolve into boring as shit combat after combat. Whereas questfags love RP and shit.
>>
In your opinion does using stats in Quests have a beneficial or negative impact?
>>
File: [Chivalry Intensifies].gif (118 KB, 490x375)
118 KB
118 KB GIF
>>2978078
>>
>>2978850
> Gloriana wouldn't have conflict

Nigga did you read the thread she was in?
>>
>>2978627
Rogue trader quest where Anons decided to fight a DE fleet.

>>2978503

That's pretty much Joker Quest.
>>
>>2978503
>>2978962
>Vivisection shit
Okay. I think I'll have to change my assessment again. I don't think The Spider is simply more moral than most PCs. I now think he'd try to kill most PCs on general principle.

>>2977358
>>2977362
>>2977542
We're like infants. If you don't give us attention we die or grow to be really fucked and depressed people.
>>
>>2978990
Spider . . . Wouldn't be wrong to do so.

But then he has to solve the problems left behind.

Or else he's a worse villain than them.
>>
>>2978960
That would be other people's conflict with her, not her own conflict. That's the whole point of >>2977373
>>
>>2979023
Oh yeah, because Gloria CLEARLY is a person without internal conflict.
>>
>>2979084
Did you read >>2977373? Its whole point was to ignore and run from any conflict, internal or not.
A conflict does nothing if it's ignored.
>>
>>2978753
OH MY GOD ARE YOU ALIVE OEKAKI QM???
>>
>>2979250
>>2979250
>>2979250
A New Mutant Quest has updated for the first time this day...see you inside
>>
>>2979091
> A conflict does nothing if it's ignored.

Oh sweet summer child.
>>
>>2979123
Of course. What's up?
>>
File: F.png (71 KB, 512x512)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>2979293
Nothing. One of my QM friends missed you a lot and he was wondering when you'd be back if ever. Pic related is something he drew, you should be able to recognize his artstyle easily.
>>
>>2979298
I know, he messaged me on my blog. Which is surprising since I know he didn't read my quest.
>>
>>2978917
Because anons in a quest are interchangeable. You won't even notice if an otherwise core player is missing a session or five, because there will be others to vote in their stead.
If at a ttrpg a player misses two sessions in a row, then he can officially be considered dead to the campaign. Not to mention that the game usually cannot progress in his absence while the quest can go on with a single voter who showed up at the first time on thread #36
>>
>>2979349
>He doesn't even notice when one of his core players is missing
Either you don't QM, or your players are some one-line, vote-pasting chaff.
>>
>>2979357
Alright, you'll have no problem identifying a few of your players without a discord, or a tripcode right?
>>
>>2979360
Yes? Most QMs recognize their players from thread to thread after you've run long enough. Discords and tripfags have nothing to do with that.
>>
>>2979365
but how?
>>
>>2979369
How they type is a strong indicator. Common diction, ideas they like to pursue, their opinions on certain characters, previous events, or current plans, etc.

When someone shows up to your quest time and time again and they do more than just >vote, it's harder not to start recognizing them. Especially if your quest regularly includes write-ins, or you as the QM like to purposefully include details here or there that you know they'll enjoy. All of that is just part of QMing; The more you engage your players the more easily you recognize them.
>>
>>2979349
I've noticed when a core player leaves. It would be harder to not notice the absence of so much concentrated autism. Even with inconsistent ID's it's fairly easy to tell who is who when they bring up consistent points of focus and discussion outside of immediate circumstances or repetitive memes. Specific insights, perspectives, or ways of planning things can get pretty recognizable even without a name. However though, if any of them don't discuss anything I absolutely can't recognize them. It's not a random guess when someone uses the same phrasing & applies the same perspective for a given nth time.

Posts on an anonymous imageboard aren't as faceless in a quest that only so many people are interested in and available to participate at the run times it goes, is the other very large part of the equation.
>>
>>2979389
>>2979369
Also when players mention the ideas they had before, or how cool something or other would be if we did it, and so on. Some mention which way they voted before to support this or that argument as well. And there's that one guy you know is just really pushing what they wanted forever many threads ago because it's their golden idea they'll never drop who will occasionally test the waters to see if everyone else's opinions have changed. It's hard for forget such a lovable pain in the ass.
>>
File: note-taking.jpg (124 KB, 426x282)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>2979380
>>2979389
>>2979403
So what if their ideas are waaaay off the truth, but they are hoping for them so hard and pursuing it so dedicatedly?
>>
>>2979433
How important is their idea to you and the story? Is it really going to hurt to quietly reshuffle the truth in the background, or compromise and make it a little of both the original answer and what they were after? Do you think that you can make the experience of finding out their efforts were all wrong a rewarding or meaningful one? There's lots of circumstances there to consider.

For example I wouldn't change a major plot point, but if it was something like a character acting queerly around them and they're certain they've figured out why and do their best to address it, I would consider at least compromising and letting them be happy they figured out part of what was up, then use that to segue into the rest of it.

The bottom line to me is that what matters is the experience. If they feel like they've figured out how to reach the akashic records and spend 20+ threads doggedly following their plan to do so, do you as a QM feel like you can make the experience of finding out all that time was wasted worth while? If the answer is yes, and you're confident that you can shape the bitterness and broken hearts into something beautiful and memorable, then absolutely let them be wrong and push forward. If you're not, then consider that compromise, or at the very least, consider ways to discourage them before it reaches that point.

In the end there's really nothing to be gained from punishing your players for taking initiative and being invested in your world. It's why they're there, and it's what you as a QM should want more than anything from them. So to that end, your guidance in nearly every difficult situation should simply be whether you believe that the outcome you're pursuing will enrich their experience.

Sometimes this means you'll hurt them. Sometimes you'll make them happy. At no time, however, should you make them feel like they've wasted their time. To do so is a quick way to discourage them, and discouraged players lose trust in you. They lose faith, and more cripplingly, they lose interest. Once that happens, they may very well leave, and then you've wasted your time as well, and once you've reached that point you'll have to ask yourself whether it was really worth it to you to stand at that precipice over something you could have easily adjusted were it not for "the principle of the matter".
>>
>>2979433
Those are things you can take as inspiration and make a better version of that they didn't even know they wanted, to the consideration of your setting ofc.

Or make them plot relevant at your leisure, or have characters come along with similar misinterpretations as framing devices. Giving them an opportunity to pursue a confirmation or denial directly, as a reward, is a DMing strategy as old as our flat circle continuum. The discovery can go any way you want it to, you can disappoint their assumptions without making them feel like they wasted their time putting thought into things, or bait along the line of thinking with alternating hints and sabotage their incorrect thinking AND make them feel bad. It's your choice as to what the truth means and what it can do for the players, or to them, and strongly the same for their characters' perspective.

For a setting, speaking extremely generally, there isn't a lot that is mutually exclusive of what you have yet to present to the players. For example, say you have a few fundamental principles regarding its magic; limitations, deities, philosophies, etcetera. You should always be able to redirect truth in these things by allowing the character to try things and fail at them.

For characters, too. You can reward them by retooling things as needed behind the scenes, it's entirely up to what you feel is right for your specific situation, and the specific misunderstanding. Just don't fall into the trap of believing you need to correct everything, leaving things open allows you room to work and more things to build off of. If you write in a way in which your players don't get any impetus to search for answers, or feel like they have them all and no situations prompt better thinking, you'll lack discussion for those things. The more important the truth, the more relevant to them you should make it. But only so long as you don't annihilate their fun for no gain.

It's the same for what you believe is plot relevant truth. Or even an innocent, artifact or mechanics related assumption they've grasped whatever misinterpretation of.

Are they really, truly so certain? Test them, then.
Force them to think and confirm their ideas in a situation where it actually matters whether they're right or not. From their and the characters perspective, not yours. Using the things that matter to them, against them, for them.

And when they suffer- when you make them bleed and bring the pain, when you've killed and slain their smiles and made them lament their lost comrades and abandoned waifus, when every surface is rusted with old, black blood, when it all winds down to nothing and they cannot escape the mistakes they've made and they know themselves as responsible for the choices they made into fate and the opportunities they squandered into oblivion and all you have to do is chant kill, kill, kill, you'll know.

You'll know you succeeded as a QM.
>>
>>2979433
>>2979467
Or you can be nice to them, I guess.
If that's what you really want.
>>
>>2979309
at least tell us whats happening next time u dick. Nothing worse when a QM has to pause his quest and doesnt even tell ya about it
>>
File: 1467607083695.png (613 KB, 856x659)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
>Forgot to archive the first thread of my quest
What to do now? Re-create the thread and archive it? I have all the text from it in a log. Restart in earnest? Just pretend there was no first thread?
>>
>>2979783
Archiving will work for a few days after it falls off the board. If you've somehow waited even beyond that, I have no answer for you.
>>
>>2979783
archived.moe
>>
>>2979783
ayy
>>
>>2979784
No it archived on Sunday, and I was preparing for a job interview, completely forgetting about it.

>>2979785
Ah here it is, thank you.
>>
>>2979369
> always votes to solve problems with fire.

Get rid of evidence? Fire. Need a distraction? Fire. Outnumbered? Fire. In a socially awkward situation? Fire. Being forced to pay taxes? Fire. Trapped by a fire? Fight fire with fire (use tiebreak to starve the fire of fuel and air).

Gosh, WHO COULD THIS VOTE FOR FIRE BE FROM? A real clever and handsome dude, that's who. He's probably pretty good at dealing with crises IRL too. With fire.

Also people who call your MC Irulen. For a year or so. Before noticing the name Irue isn't just short for Irulen and by noticing I mean being told outright.

Or when they try to get the MC to hook up with Troy Harmen for literally years IRL.
>>
>>2979901
What is Valen Quest even about?
>>
>>2979935
Understanding the self.
>>
>>2979935
Talking for literal weeks on end.
>>
>>2979935
Becoming a better person.
>>
>>2979901

Heya guys. Doing my usual "Fernglas is in engineering school and is begging off for classwork" post.

I'll be putting up a thread on Sunday, but I need the extra time to get my head clear and finish some lab work. Sorry for any disappointment.
>>
>>2980063
Dont worry, at least you have the decency to tell us.

unlike some other QMs
>>
>>2979935
Saving the world to rub it in the faces of everyone who ever slighted us because they're too selfish and stupid to listen to us.
>>
>>2979935
Spite.
>>
>>2980121
Yes also Spite.
>>
For the record, I really don't think Court of Swords is all that dark. Anons just like to mess around.
>>
>>2980206
No, it's fucking fluffy and I want grimdark Ouro back.
>>
>>2979942
>>2979951
>>2979997
>>2980117
>>2980121
>>2980139
Huh. Thanks for the responses.

>>2980206
>>2980215
In the grim dankness of the far future, there is only snakes. Lots and lots of snakes.
>>
>>2980253
>>2980253
>>2980253
>>2980253

Sworn to Valour begins!
>>
>>2980335
*Valor
>>
>>2980335
Call me cynical but I wonder how many of those voters/IDs will disappear on the next vote due to not getting what they wanted/being samefags
>>
File: 6xuoEqd.png (192 KB, 989x486)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>2980360
>calling valour "valor"
>>
File: 1521426468672.gif (811 KB, 500x274)
811 KB
811 KB GIF
>tfw you're bringing your quest from the dead but don't remember what you had planned back when you stopped
Wut do?
>>
>>2980380
Make something up.
>>
>>2980380
Think of something better.
>>
>>2980360
Sorry, *Swurn to Vulur
>>
>>2979670
I didnt think anyone was very invested / cared since my updates came so sloooooow, and I was right. The only person who messaged me was do your best QM. Also I didn't think I was actually going to stop at the time and wasn't ready to say "thats it, bye, quests dead", im still not.
>>
File: bone club.png (288 KB, 620x264)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
Come and be a barbarian and do whatever the hell!

>>2980582
>>
>>2980335
>missed like 100 posts that are probably char gen after waiting like two months.

Well fuck, the whole thing then. Honestly cant stand missing char gen.
>>
>>2980602
There has been literally one vote decided, our Duchy background. We still have a ways of chargen to go.

Hopefully the fears of samefagging will abate with further votes down the line.
>>
>>2980585
I cared about oekaki quest
>>

>>2980772
>>2980772
>>2980772
>>
File: 163.png (15 KB, 422x700)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>2980612
>locked out of voting because 1 IP
reeee

>>2980643
Its for the best then, we were heading towards BAD END anyway.
>>
>>2980848
Given the shitty paladin you tried to husbando, this doesn't surprise me in the least.
>>
>>2980856
"I" didn't try to do anything.
>>
>>2980206
Yeah, when compared to Lamplighter it isn't, but in absolute measurements? It's certainly not a lighthearted SoL.
>>
Swurn to Vulur chargen has been a great success!
>>
>>2980380
I knew you'd be back. as soon as part 5 anime came around you wouldn't be able to control yourself and I was right huh
>>
>No replies in over a day
What did I do wrong?
>>
>>2981478
shit's been slow on the board for a couple weeks to a noticeable degree, not sure why
>>
File: 1499023504704.png (12 KB, 569x423)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
When will Peasant Lord Quest come back? It's the only quest that made me truly care for the characters and their fate.
>>
>>2981478
ayy, half a day for me tho
>>
>>2981755
>>2981755
>>2981755
A New Mutant Quest has updated for the first time in this lazy day
>>
>Promised to continue on Saturday
>But I am bored right now
>have no twitter to forewarn anyone
Should I be patient or let lose now, and condquences be damned?
>>
>>2981765
No no, I should keep to my word, even if probably nobody gave a shit about me declaring it. I should refine my notes further instead.
>>
>>2981772
>keeping written notes
look at this architect writer

Honestly afraid I'm going to write myself in a corner with the way I get by on the edge of my seat.
>>
Is tstg kill?
>>
>>2981789
It's usually just a collection of names so I am consistent about them, setting details - so I know what I've already revealed, and what I didn't - and finally cool unfleshed ideas I might have gotten during the day.
>>
>>2981789
Do you not worry about pacing?
>>
>>2981887
Things have been going at a snail's pace for a long time now.

but yeah, i am
>>
Anyone interested in a Predator Quest?
>>
>>2981923
no
>>
>>2981923
We had one for three threads or so, so there's a market for it.
>>
>>2981923
Do you even fis, fucker?
>>
>>2981923
Only if we get to play as a human in the predator ironman suit.
>>
>>2981930
Was it recent?
>>
>>2982033
>>2982033
>>2982033
Evil Sorceress Quest continues!
>>
>>2980856
Out of robo curiosity, what did you not like about Jackson? Did you actually read the quest?
>>
>>2982095
I'm not a fan of zealots. I think I was 100% off him after that scene where he cornered a girl and slowly crushed her eyes in with his thumbs because she might have been a witch.

How anyone imagines hooking up with a psychopath like that to lead anywhere good is beyond me, but I didn't see the kind of minds which led to going "Man what a hunk" after seeing that to lead us anywhere good later, and lo, behold, evidently I was right.
>>
>>2982116
I feel like we had this conversation in the qtg before, are you the same guy?
>>
>>2982122
I don't think I ever actually mentioned dropping the quest, so I doubt it. Just left in the night to pursue greener fields.
>>
File: 121A.png (15 KB, 422x700)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>2982124
Thats too bad, I think Jackson was a little bit more complicated then a simple zealot and would have liked an objective opinion.

Im almost 100% sure we have talked about this before though.
>>
>>2982146
since you flaked on the quest then you might as well reveal to us what was wrong with the MC, what is this "bad end" etc. do it now faggot
>>
File: LewdNathalieCrop.png (72 KB, 200x298)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>2982167
Im not ready to say good bye to /qst/, the setting, or the characters though.
>>
>>2982180
I knew it. the moment you started posting again without hiding ur identity is when I realized the quest is coming back. Now listen up u fag:

1. Be more succinct. I noticed this from your very first thread that you would drag posts out as admitted in >>2976488 it hurts your ability to update and was a often a bore to slug through (for me at least, dunno why I kept silent about it). So dont overburden yourself next time

2. Dont be so pessimistic, you said earlier that you worry about people not being invested in your quest but if that were true it would sit at zero replies. If there is a steady amount of anons consistently posting then they enjoy the quest and like it.

3. Don't be obliged to maintain a schedule. QMing isnt your job and there is no quota, so even if you cant maintain your set minimum of 4 updates per week thats perfectly fine, if there's an update within a week or a month then he quest is stll alive and thats all that matters.
Hope this helps
>>

>>2982361
>>2982361
>>2982361
>>
File: moon.jpg (59 KB, 1024x683)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Long Lost Stars begins again.

>>2961643
>>2961643
>>2961643

> post-apocalypse, fantasy, dark, bleak, comfy, autistic horned girls
>>2961359
>>
>>2982146
Jackson was garbage.

He was like a 13 year olds power fantasy.

Any same person would poison the dude in his sleep.
>>
>>2982423
this dude speaks truth, I never liked how anons tangled us with that guy permanently but hoped it would it all end sometime soon. or at least get better
>>
How does one get hid players to engage beyond just voting? I mean I get participation, but no discussion or feedback, and I'd like more than just vote posts.

I've tried being straight up and asking, but no one replies and I don't want to sound like a whiny or needy little bitch by harping on it too much.
>>
>>2982469
Get better players?
>>
>>2982469
I don't know, I usually get a question or two, and then they start to discuss possibilities and plans between each other.

Maybe try to hide some non-obvious setting info forcing them to inquire in some manner?
>>
>>2982469
Waifus.

Letting them decide what the MC has to wear to the Lat'tham Ball.

Card games.

Situational bonuses towards dice rolls / DC's.
>>
>>2982477

They take the time to play and enable me to run it, they good people.

>>2982486

...but I've been dropping so many little hints at all sorts of things I'm foreshadowing, and it just doesn't seem to be able to spark conversation.

>>2982487

I've dangled a potential waifu, I mean it isn't like I planned for this character to be the waifu, but I mean there is waifu potential. Not a peep.

Attempting to draw out discussion of mechanics got like one guy. For a little bit but...
>>
What do ya'll think of this new civ chart?
>>2974775
>>2974775
>>2974775
>>
File: wtegrty.jpg (25 KB, 323x454)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2982544
>animal kingdoms
is this some kind of furry thing?
>>
>>2982569
no, just sentient critters with opposable thumbs trying to make a living and/or rule the world.
Just trying a novel alternative to the classic fantasy race model.
>>
>>2982544
Why was this image taken using a potato wired to a firecracker?
>>
Hey Kids!

Do you like...fuck it. Look: I'm running a skirmish about cute robots that kill vegetable monsters in a fucked up post-apocalyptic world.

Also this mission is speshul so there'll probably be fewer cute robots and more unsexy humans, so if you saw this before and liked the idea of fighting vegetables but were turned off by the bug eyed robots, maybe this might be your chance to jump on board and...

Play Moe Drone Skirmish!

>>2982568
>>2982568
>>
File: N9.png (53 KB, 844x1200)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>2982569
Next you'll be talking shit about Mouse Guard
>>
File: PERCY.png (3 KB, 224x224)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
Pokémon Urban Quest is live, joins us and experience how a teenager tries to avoid death and get better at socializing while raising a team of superpowered animals while being.

Also, Armed revolutions and shady corporations
>>
>>2983008

>>2982976
>>2982976
>>2982976
>>
>>2982505
>I've been dropping so many little hints at all sorts of things I'm foreshadowing, and it just doesn't seem to be able to spark conversation.
My suggestion is boldfaced mysteries and cliffhangers. Like, giving them a choice to unravel one out if three big questions and lose the opportunity to learn about the other two for now.
Some anons can't handle subtlety.
When I ran, I gave one, tiny, tiny clue involving the inclusion of a geometric shape amongst other verbal descriptions and an anon guessed the mystery villain.
>>
File: cladogram CivQuest.jpg (191 KB, 960x720)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>2982594
because finding a phylogenetic chart that makes a decent thumbnail is surprisingly difficult.
>>
>>2982544
Stop making civ charts. They are only serving to hold civs back.
>>
>>2983441
No.
I haven't even finished mine yet.
>>
File: Red Plummage.jpg (60 KB, 564x766)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Is it OK if I just use QTG to advertise whenever I update my quest? (My update times have been sporadic and now I can't do a series of updates because it seems my players are all scattered)

I'm the QM of RANGER Quest by the way. You play as the titular RANGER, a cross between an explorer and a monster hunter in an open fantasy world inspired by ancient civilizations (in particular the Babylonians and Egyptians). Your job is to kill the monstrous spawn of your dead god and assimilate their body parts into your own flesh, gaining their powers.

So far you've killed and eaten the heart of a fire spirit, turning your blood into liquid living fire. Currently you're locked in battle with pic related. Please come check it out. I promise I won't flake before the third thread

>>2963389
>>2963389
>>2963389
>>
>>2983819
That's a promise I have not see many QM's do before god speed Anon.
>>
On another note, if you want to play as a mercenary in a fantasy skirmish. Now is your chance!
I got off my ass and Everwinter Company is continuing once more!
Join for the silver, stay because the hedge mage lightning bolt the boss and nearly fried the revenant in the process!

Hope to see you there, may ovon be with you :D

>>2983739
>>2983739
>>2983739
>>
Overmaster Quest in 3 hours
>>
>>2977413
>fucked up the convertion between EST and GMT
Well I was half right about our starting time at least.

>>2984390
>>2984390
>>2984390
>>
>jojo quest is coming back in two hours

MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY
>>

>>2984447
>>2984447
>>2984447
>>
File: Morioh.jpg (486 KB, 1920x1600)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>2984395
It is indeed back, anon! Time to hop in and fight some stands!

>>2984548
>>2984548
>>2984548
First time linking a thread here so I hope this works
>>
So how are you guys doing?
>>
>>2984664
chillin
>>
>>2984664

Kicking myself.
>>
>>2984665
Chilling is good. I hear winter is the perfect season for it

>>2984668
What bothers you anon?
>>
>>2984664
>just saw that Som went back to QMing
Feel like Joker in TDKR desu
>>
shit forgot to post this

>>2984833
>>2984833
>>2984833
A New Mutant quest has updated for the second time today....forgot the first
>>
>>2984664
Runnin' the quest!
>>
>>2984669

Shit decisions mostly. I know I'm to blame, that's why I'm kicking myself.
>>
>>2985128

Specifically I blew off training this morning and I'm really not looking forward to my next talk with my coach.
>>
>>2982544
>image is blurry so I zoom in
>blurriness intensifies
What the actual fuck? .jpg is only decent at larger sizes due to artifacting. If you're serious about running, just use a different format (like .png) or make the image large to begin with.

>inb4 Anon just resizes the blurry image, resulting in an even greater mess than it already is
>>
>>2984664
I'm torn up inside.
1. I started running a Quest at a turbulent time where I can't entirely predict when I will have time to run, and where my resources kinda suck.
2. I'm running a Quest that I resolved myself not to get attached to, but ended up getting bored with it before it really kicked off, so I don't want to continue it.
3. I have a few ideas I want to run instead, in a similar style but different settings and characters, however my style is very recognizable and people would immediately know who I am.
4. I'm afraid if I do flake, I'll have that scar on my reputation and people will be less willing to participate, which is entirely understandable.

Plenty of QMs flake without a word, but I don't want to be that guy. I want to be honest, but I also don't want to let down anyone who may be counting on me.
First and foremost, I want to find a way to rekindle my desire to run the Quest I've already set sail with. Does anyone have any advice for that?
>>
>>2985379
I'm not a qm so take it with a grain of salt.

Be honest with your players. If you're not having fun writing it they won't have fun reading it. Let them know you're putting it on a hiatus and run one of your other ideas. You'll probably get some ideas in the tank after awhile away from it.
>>
>>2982248
1.I have been thinking of just skipping over much of the writing and sticking with drawing more if i ever start up again, maybe make it a full comic instead of a LN. Honestly writing took more time then drawing anyway. Secondly, The length of my writing never changed update speed though, since the time I spend writing was during break hours at school and then I had to draw when I got home on days that had shorter classes. THEN I had to wait for the votes to come in so even If i blasted out a small update I wouldn't have been able to update again until 48 hours later anyway. It would be nice if I can get some examples where you felt my writing was over bloated. Not sure why you even read my quest if you found it a slog to read.

2. Its not enough always, I cant help but compare my quest to other quests and ask myself. Why is my quest not good enough? Why are people reading this quest thats so thematically similar to what im doing, and not my quest? It wears you down.

3. Consistency is king in quest I find, every time I have to lower my rate of updates or miss a deadline I see myself hemorrhaging unique IPs and visits to my imgur page. A part of why I QM is because I like entertaining people and if there is no people to entertain then im not very motivated to do my best. I could easily spend the time i work on a qst getting better as an artist instead so I can come back a year, or so, later and make a better quest.

>>2982423
>>2982466
>He was like a 13 year olds power fantasy.
Thats like saying Kae was nothing more then a sex object. Jackson was a high level character that granted access to pretty much everything due to his rank, I wanted his usefulness to be equally weighted by his faults so anons would always be asking themselves "is this worth it?". I would maybe agree with you if he was the MC that it was power fantasy shenanigans.

I also found that people who didnt like Jackson seemed to like Loki. I wonder what the connection there was.
>>
File: you tried.jpg (168 KB, 640x640)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>not a single vote for 4 hours
So how do you guys doing?
>>
>>2985565
Which quest?
>>
File: storm.png (282 KB, 1920x1080)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
Long Lost Stars updates

>>2961643
>>2961643
>>2961643

> A post-apocalyptic fantasy. A journey to find warmth in the cold.
>>2961359
>>
>>2985605
>>2984391
>>
>>2985544
Turning it into a comic could be cool, I dont know. you can keep writing as normal and as long as you are more succinct it will work

Though I worry that if your sole purpose in QMing is to achieve maximum (You)s you won't ever have a good time. All quests have their ups and downs, cant expect a million IPs unless you run a fetish quest. you do you
>>
I run quest
>>2985478
>>
How do I make a Google doc anonymous?
>>
>>2985802
extra google account
>>
File: Sofia_ceg.jpg (267 KB, 1500x1037)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
The latest thread in Court of Swords, an episodic fantasy slice of life quest, is up.

>>2985898
>>2985898
>>2985898
>>
How do I write a good quest?
>>
>>2986081
Just do it, it's what I did.

make sure to copy things off other peoples quests
>>
Don't mind me, just gotta test something real quick
>>
>players rape a character
>develop feelings for them

I always knew /qst/ were romantics at heart.
>>
>>2986860
ah, rough romance
>>
File: 1497055277488.jpg (245 KB, 1280x1450)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>2986880
>>
>>2986860
>and then promptly murdered them to prove how edgy they are.
I always knew /qst/ were 15yo atheists.
>>
>>2987311
They sort of felt bad about it though, kind of. Maybe.
>>
>>2986081
>How do I write a good quest
Why do you want to?
>>
>>2985379
>First and foremost, I want to find a way to rekindle my desire to run the Quest I've already set sail with. Does anyone have any advice for that?
Take a break for a few days.
Input.
Read related stories.
Watch related shows or movies.
Play related games or quests.
Read unrelated things.
Read more.

Also, there is no way to please everyone.
There is no way to tells anons that you're going on hiatus and have them orgasm.
Don't be the girl trying to find the "nice" way to break up with her boyfriend.
Never be the ass who drops off the face of the Earth without a word.
>>
>>2986860
>>2987311
I hesitate to ask, but what quest?
>>
>>2987593
The one he's running right now: >>2980582
>>
>>2985544
> Thats like saying Kae was nothing more then a sex object.

I mean, now that you mention it.
>>
>>2987727
A sexy sex object.
>>
>>2987727
>>
God of Quests, forgive me for what I am about to do
>>
DM tells us that we had the choice to either save the village, or we had to save the city. It was possible that the barbaric horde might be heading for the village.

We remember all of the niceness of the villagers. When our warlock was scourged from the flames of orc chief. They fed us. They gave us anything whilst they had nothing.

First time we walk in the city we were robbed, our female bard was even raped in the marketplace while no one cared, the king's knights blamed us for stealing and had us nearly executed, the cavern we stayed in was set on fire during a spontaneous riot and the owner refused to pay us back, and to top it off, we witnessed a bunch of kids drown an old-legless orc in the sewage water under the caste. While they were drowning him, the DM accompanied this with *PFFFFFT* farting sounds with his mouth, because the royals atop were shiting down the side of the castle.

We walk to the village and there's no barbarians. We notice a smoke eroding from the city area. We partied with the villagers and drank.

Great game, turned out the villagers were cannibals.
>>
>>2987965
But they were civil cannibals, right? They didn't try to eat you.
Right?!
>>
Overmaster Quest Updated
>>2988167
>>2988167
>>2988167
>>
>>2987311
That is the demographic for a Barbarian quest after all.
>>
testing
>>

>>2988447
>>2988447
>>2988447
>>
>>2988658
>>2988658
>>2988658
A New Mutant Quest has updated for the first time today.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.