[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 230 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Attention: All work safe boards are soon going to be on the 4channel.org domain.

For now, all boards are accessible through either domain.

Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: qtgbutt.png (180 KB, 550x800)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
This is a thread created for the discussion of quests and all things regarding them, as well as general whinging about different platforms and fatalistic predictions about the board's future.

Please do not shitpost and please ignore at any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. Or at the very least make your shitposts entertaining. Outing yourself as severely mentally handicapped for example, while briefly entertaining, sort of derails discussion like nothing else.

Useful links:http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities. It is recommended that you give this a glance if it's your first time to the board and highly recommended if you are thinking about QMing.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net
[Hogbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net

Discord server:https://discord.gg/ZgBR5gy
(Can provide useful feedback and critique to QMs looking for help and is another way to promote your quest. Is also a way for players to get in touch with their QMs if they are also on the Discord. The only rule is if you need to shitpost at least be entertaining about it.)

Archive of quest reviews (It has now been very nearly a full year since the last linked review. This may sound shocking, but people like to hear opinions about quests. If you're feeling saucy then you ought to take a crack at it. It's not like you have a reputation to ruin.)
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
What is the one type of main character you would never write, whether because you hate them or you wouldn't be able to write as them.

>Player Question
How much established characterization for the MC do you prefer when starting a new quest?

>Bonus Activity
Describe a quest in the most vague terms you can and see if anybody can guess it. Don't feel bad if nobody can guess it since we aren't all reading the same quests.
>>
>>3034075
>QM Question
Dude bro or girly girl with no real character. Just flat and basic bitch characters in general really.
>Player Question
Some or a shit load. It's best start off with some and slowly introduce more characterization in time.
>Bonus Activity
Ain't got none; feel free to rec
>>
>QM Question
I would never write the stereotypical harem protagonists; whether they're the stupid oblivious type or the cocky, "every girl loves me" type. The worst kind of protag & worst genre, IMO.

>Player Question
I feel that starting quests should begin right in the action, with facets of the character's personality showing through little by little. It is the QMs job to create prompts in-character & reword suggestions to fit the character, rather than for the sake of pleasing the crowd.

>Bonus Activity
Modern, lighthearted 90s fantasy (if dead quests count).
>>
>>3034100
>I would never write the stereotypical harem protagonists; whether they're the stupid oblivious type or the cocky, "every girl loves me" type. The worst kind of protag & worst genre, IMO.
Oh god, this too. You've seen one you've seen every fucking one of them. It's bad fanfiction come to life and it is just awful.
>>
>>3034075
>What is the one type of main character you would never write, whether because you hate them or you wouldn't be able to write as them.
Yeah, a well written one. Have you ever watched or read something where you're just like "wow I will never write dialogue this good or witty, why am I even alive? These characters are so compelling and play off of each other so well and I have no idea why. I am literally a waste of oxygen." That's me right now. I want to drop my quest and hide because I will never even come close to reaching that summit.
>>
>>3034125
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7SQ2Wu6PvI
>>
>>3034075
>Describe a quest in the most vague terms you can and see if anybody can guess it.
Cave dwelling barbarian autist gets tard wrangled, refuses to die
>>
>>3034125
yeesh sempai you're writing quests not war and peace, just have fun
>>
>>3034075
>qm question
A Mc with more qualities then faults

>player question
Established, room to grow

>extra
cyanide and happiness but with elves n shit
>>
I miss Kae so much
>>
>>3034125
There is a saying that goes "fake it until you make it". You should listen to it.
>>
>>3034075
>Qm question
As a main character? Probably couldn't do a full on bubbly optimist. Less about being able to write one, more about the style i like to write. But i also like to somewhat leave characters personality up to the players usually, so if they decided to play one to some degree id go along wirh it.

>Player question
Any is fine, so long as its somewhat clear how much is supposed to be there.
>>
>>3034125
Nah man. Keep on trucking. Yoi only get better by trying.
My first quest took days if not a week to get any playerbase, but once it did it got decently popular.

Sometimes it takes it a while. Though, ive noticed the board seems alot slower then last time i ran something here, but its no excuse to give up.
>>
>>3034183
I think she got bad ended.
>>
>>3034075
>Bonus Activity
Mike Tyson goes to space.
>>
>>3034270
She took it up the butt and got a terminal disease?
>>
>>3034270

it never did end tho, or did the QM come back after our interaction with the lord of the keep?
>>
>>3034166
When is seeker quest updating again?
>>
>>3034392
In like, 17 days
>>
What's the deal with that NotQuesty quest? I keep seeing it pop up but it always seemingly has sub-30 replies per thread.
>>
>>3034424
>what's the deal with (quest with few replies)

All a quest needs to survive is for the qm to keep posting. Low reply rate doesn't matter for somebody who'll keep going regardless.

As for what's up with that thing itself...really, looking at it just answers any questions by itself in my opinion.
>>
>>3034424
It looks like Pokémon fetish fanfiction, so I avoid it.
>>
File: Kae Halloween.png (296 KB, 550x800)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>3034476
Kae must've had a very lewd and naughty Halloween.
>>
>>3034477
>>3034477
>>3034477

Shovelhead Quest 3 is up and running for the evening
>>
>>3034425
I think it's more that it starts with a deviant art link. Even if a quest doesn't get a lot of replies they usually get into the 50s before dying.

Plus it's an excuse for someone who plays it to shill it.
>>
name a quest you really like
sum up that quest's plot
give a reason why you like it
talk about the MC and their development

go
>>
>>3034585
>Magical girl for hire
>You are an interdimensional magical girl/mercenary that does dirty deeds done dirt cheap
>i like it because you can't really "lose" unless you screw up really badly and there is no real plot going on, just a series of mini plots that are linked to their respective mission.
>The MC has become more used to being a leader(maybe again, since we don't know all of her backstory) and is allowing herself to show a more soft side of herself rather than her usual business no-nonsense atitude
>>
>>3034270
>>3034382
No, it died.

Player count dropped steadily after the whole possession thing, and then it just stopped updating.
>>
>>3034585
>name a quest you really like

Peasant Lord Quest.

>sum up that quest's plot

We play as a peasant turned noble who's awarded a tiny hamlet and has to grow and expand his power.

>give a reason why you like it

The story is character driven and makes you actually care about them.

>talk about the MC and their development

William start's as the lord of a tiny hamlet and works his way to rule a county with a town. I like how he succeeds at resisting a certain thot and marries the purest waifu. He also grows to respect his liegelord and considers him a mentor.
>>
>>3034075
>Bonus
Lewd anime shadowrun.
>>
>>3034585
>Mid boss quest
>You are a slightly better than average goon in service of the evil queen.
>I doesn't go the way you expect, and failure or death is a very real possibility.
>The Sergeant is a flawed man, but unshakably loyal to the queen. He is growing more ruthless in his duties as he comes to understand what needs to be done.
>>
>>3034075
>Bonus
Gotta grind that paperwork exp
>>
>>3034585
New mutant quest

Kojo Reyes, a horned mutant sociopath, plots and manipulates his way to being the new crime kingpin of New York.

Kojo has such strong characterization, the updates are consistent and meaty, Afungi does quality work.

Opened his 3rd eye, starting to recognize feelings aside from murderous rage and sadistic glee, will probably eat your soul anyway. Might be able to swing a hefty inheritance if our plans on out.
>>
>>3034632
we stopped before the bird got in the window right? QM let us know that he would be busy or something but he never came back from the hiatus, that is what I remember at least. was there anything else after the bird?
>>
>>3034585
Deep Red
During the 100-year war, we are the oldest daughter of Ozai an Ursa, sister to Azula and Zuko, the heir and princess to the throne of the Fire Nation, and we think our father may one day kill us.
A deep look into the fucked up relationship and dynamics of the royal family, how Ursa is almost as much guilty in it as Ozai, with vast potential for the future, all supported by great writing and characterization.
We are with Akane from the starry-eyed age of four, to being basically abandoned by both of her parents, to becoming a perfectionist and devoting herself fully to the image of an ideal princess as a coping mechanism, to slowly starting to crack under the pressure and slip into a possible breakdown. It's all pretty great.
>>
>>3034675
No, it just stopped there. But the player activity had been in a decline long before that I think.
>>
>>3034704
>>3034675
The story went in a bad direction and everyone just abandoned ship I think.
>>
>>3034075
>>3029269
>>3029269
>>3029269
>>3029269

Necromancer Detective is live once more now that my test is over.
>>
>>3034722
Not so much the direction as the railroading it took to get there. After that blew over I noticed player engagement dropped, people just voted like any normal quest and just stopped giving a shit, less debate, theories, ideas etc.
>>
>>3034738
QM didn't hide the tracks very well?
>>
>>3034752
It was pretty obvious, 2 posts where the MC did whatever the fuck she wanted and player input was twisted or completely disregarded. Some damage control was attempted but it didn't really work.
>>
>>3034738
>>3034752
>>3034755
>Railroading
I never understood this. If you want to ignore player input, then just write a story, not host a interactive story/game.

Hell ive gm'd enough in things like this to know you should do the opposite. Expect your players to drag things in a different direction then expected and be willing to adapt. Only excuse i can think of is if their actions would get them killed with no real way to simply twist their actions alone into saving them, and even that might be a big if.
>>
>>3034075
>Bonus Question
Worst girl wins the MCbowl.
Not that she's necessarily bad but she is the worst.
>>
>>3034780
There is an argument with maintaining structure of your story and not letting it get too off the rails, but blatantly taking away player agency is a terrible move.
>>
>>3034786
I can see that yeah. A serious tone shouldn't be made into a comedy or anything like that dont get me wrong, i suppose ive just never had a situation myself where i felt it had gone so far off track to get angry enough to fully ignore the players, but maybe ive gotten stupid lucky so far, or something.
>>
>>3034585
Iron: A Tief's Quest

In the land of autistic goat-people, you are an autistic goat-woman who gets caught in stuff and tries to either embrace or overcome with the autism of her species along the way. But mostly she just goes with the flow, bashes people's and monsters' heads in, and exasperates her caretaker/friend/possible boyfriend to no end. There is also some stuff happening with a prophecy and a warlord or whatever.

The world, the magical system, the races that inhabit it are all unique and atmospheric, the writing is very good, the characters are loveable, and the story/lore are interesting to unveil.

Tris is an autistic goat-woman. She likes her pet bear, aimlessly staring into the distance for hours, and bashing heads in with her metal spiked boots. She is likable as hell.
>>
No One Gets Left Behind has updated.

>>3034826
>>3034826
>>3034826
>>
What's the deal with Sworn to Valour? It seems interesting and well written, but reading thread 2 it seems like the players are pure cancer. And the QM is encouraging or actively participating in the shitshow.
>>
>>3034846
The intro/first thread was a colossal meme.
>>
>>3034846
Large playerbases mean there is going to be a higher chance of getting those extremely vocal guys that'll argue about everything.
>>
>>3034851
Argument is good, when its about the quest decisions. From what I read at a glance it looks like a /pol/ and /b/ and made a containment thread for their lower quality posts.
>>
>>3034846
Welcome to players not being flexible and the QM trying to put out the fire with gasoline. Because make no mistake, this shit's gonna happen again regardless of the QM's feelings on the matter.
>>
>>3034075
>>Bonus Activity
>Describe a quest in the most vague terms you can and see if anybody can guess it.
One is a loud billionaire seeking new worlds of development for his company. And the other is a plucky robot detective just going by his gut. Together they... have no interaction with each other whatsoever.

Alternatively, for a different Quest:
Horny guy crushes it.
>>
>>3034860
Doesn't help that we just got introduced to another part of chargen, a Knight's Oath which is a set of rules a Knight must follow.

This of course lead to our ''''big brained'''' players trying to find ways to bend the rules/find loopholes and arguing about it.
>>
>>3034965
Yeah, that shit should have been brought up in the first thread instead of just chucking it out by the second thread.
>>
>>3034965
>give an oath
>try to bend the rules of it
That's not very chivalrous.
>>
>>3034972
>>3034970
>>3034965
All this knight drama.
I fear for my eventual Quest.

>be me
>finally decide what quest to run
>Quest centers on knight moving on with his life
>Draw parallels to Peasant Lord Quest
>Start thinking of it as a spiritual successor to PLQ
>Develop NPC to provide avenues of growth for the mc
>The mc may choose to change his oath in this way
>Develop all NPCs individually and mostly randomly
>One npc is a diminutive, sweet girl
>Another is a murderous noblewoman who is canonically the most beautiful woman the mc has ever seen
>Mfw I realize it
>>
>>3034585
>Name a quest you really like
Lizardfolk Ascendancy

>Sum it's plot
Started as a civ thread now we have expanded to the human continent. Really solid blend of trad quest and civ. We have dragons, a cylops Smith, and have taken land via sword diplomacy.

>The QM seems dedicated and I enjoy the setting he puts forth. Our character doesn't know much about the world and so we get fed these snippets of info from other characters or events. The pacing is also pretty comfy, we don't get bogged down with meaningless tasks, everything pushes us forward.

>Talk about the MC and their development
We play as Granak a lizardfolk chieftain. Initially he was proud and shortsighted, but over the campiagn, as our problems have gotten larger than "Bite it" he's learned how to be diplomatic, a father figure, and has shown that he cares for the members of his tribe. I'm hoping the other anons start voting for less combat based strategies, the QM writes some good dialogue when the characters get together.
>>
>>3035017
>>3035020
well murderous noblewoman wouldn't be so bad if she kills your enemies for you
>>
>>3034972
And it's also very boring. What's the point of the putting the system if it won't have any substantial effect on the roleplay and story?
If you're just gonna adhere to it in the most convenient way possible, then it would just become a minor chore.
>>
>>3034972
Some of them really aren't.

>>3035017
I think this particular brand of autism in Valor comes from all the chargen, the first thread and the first MC's death, and leftover feelings from Black Company Quest. They keep referencing it and having it influence their votes in the quest a bit. Probably because they know what the QM is capable of or something.
>>
>>3035026
True enough, I just can't believe I recreated Ophelia and Miriam
>>
>>3035017
If you are going to do character creation, I suggest that you keep the crunch mostly hidden so that the autismos don't come out. Especially if it involves the concepts of morality.
If you can do that you shouldn't have too much trouble theoretically.
Also make the starting abilities that you do have not be batshit retarded and broken so that it doesn't force players to go for the clearly obvious ones that have an extreme effect

>>3035027
There really shouldn't have been any bonus crunch towards the Oaths. Or hell, it would have been fine if we took up an Oath in passing or simply didn't choose because our character was unsure. And it would have been alright.
>>
>>3035031
>Some of them really aren't.
> and leftover feelings from Black Company Quest. They keep referencing it and having it influence their votes in the quest a bit. Probably because they know what the QM is capable of or something.
Yeah, that's the biggest problem. Some of them just want a rehashed version of Prince and BCQ. They kept trying to get that peasant girl to join them because they wanted another version of Kid. It's gonna be really hard for the QM to keep the quest original.
>>
>>3034382
Its still on going, although I plan to finish Kae's story through a different quest. Kae letting the bird in is a good cliff hanger.

>>3034632
>>3034722
Player count dropped because I updated less and less due to school work. From every day to 5-4 times a week to 3 times a week. So less things were happening, it took a month of RL time to get through a day of events in the quests, but even then unique IPs and imgur visits only dropped by like 10% surprisingly. I wouldn't say Kae flipping out on Jackson changed anything, most understood there was no railroading. If people were leaving then I was getting new players at the same rate which is the best you can hope in a quest since bigger backlog = less new players+slow desertion.

>>3034752
There was no railroading, some anons got mad that a boomerang they threw eventually came back and hit them. I dont think many people dropped the quest after that even if they got a little upset.
>>
>>3035017
Can't you just continue Peasant Lord Quest?
>>
File: LQ_OP_3.jpg (95 KB, 492x750)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>3035017
Please don't spiritually succeed a quest that hasn't been finished yet. It's coming back soon I swear

>mfw I'm trying to rewrite all 70k+ words of the quest and I've been stuck at the first scene for almost a month, rewriting it over and over
>mfw I've been reading books on writing craft to improve my storytelling (both in the existing text and for the future) because I want to give new players something enjoyable to read instead of archived brain-dumps (seriously, fuck immutable archives) and I've just been getting depressed by how many amateur mistakes I've made
>mfw I put in all this "work" and come back and can't even scratch together enough players for a dice roll

The last one hasn't happened yet, but it's my biggest fear.
>>
>>3035176
>It's coming back soon I swear
Finally. Can you please tell the exact date when it will start? I wanna make sure I don't miss it.
>>
>>3034846
yeah. I haven't read forgotten since BQ ended but it can't be that bad. What the fuck did they do
>>
>>3035215
First MC died in the first thread during only his second battle. The second MC is just a copy of the first one.
>>
>>3035222
so its just.... that? well thats underwhelming. Why you get me all worked up like this?
>>
>>3035199
I don't know yet. It's taking me much longer to rewrite everything than I expected and I don't want to rush. I'll post on QTG with progress as I get closer. At the earliest it'll be late December or January.
>>
>>3035233
It isn't just that though. You should read the chimp out and arguments of the players to understand what people are saying here.

>>3035240
>I'll post on QTG with progress as I get closer. At the earliest it'll be late December or January.
That's enough information for me. Thanks.
>>
File: 1540856246923.png (407 KB, 478x456)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
"Hands in da air, muthafucka'. Name da first quest ya played eva and if you liked it, or imma bust a cap in yo white ass wit dis here gat."
>>
>>3035258
Cop Quest.
>>
>>3035258
Can't remember exactly but if I had to say it would be Joker quest.
I then dropped it 50 threads in
>>
>>3035258
Some ms paint adventure on /v/ back in 2010 or 2011
those were some good quests
>>
>>3035215
>>3035233
Here's a rough summary of the first thread
>Generate up character
>During creation a fuckton of (1) posts was going on swarming the vote boxes
>End up with Talky Knight
>Game starts with a bit of combat, then we investigate an attacked caravan and we chase off the stragling raiders
>Find a woman who is slowly dying
>Be given a choice between attempting to save the woman for Lawful Good points or avenge the carvan and dying woman for Chaotic Good points
>Players pick going after the attackers despite not having any backup (it's only us and our horse)
>Successfully track down the encampment and slaughter most of the raiders leaving only one cowardly beastman alive
>Players try to finish off the last one
>They roll a nat 100
>End up dead due piling shit rolls and damage fucking with our combat stats and the fact that the game system rewards not solo'ing fights and bringing in back up (Which one anon brought up bringing a lynch mob to go attack the encampment but was ignored)
Now to clarify a couple of things, a nat 100 is basically the equivalent of a critical fail, and regardless of what combat stance or special ability you pick, if that 100 pops up, you're VSF'd (Very Severely Fucked)

Now here's where the Autism REALLY kicks in
>QM is temporarily stumpted after writting down death for Talky Knight because he did not comprehend that players are bloodthirsty and would 1v1 a fucking dragon if he placed it down in their path
>Takes a break and allows the players to generate up characters in a quick and dirty fashion for speed's sake
>It goes okay with some damn good concepts (like Shekel Knight), some completely Drizzit Tier (Like that one knight who was based off of a real life knight 100% without any real bother to make it interesting or fun)
>And then an Anon who shall be known as Moutbruefag decided that no matter what starts harping on and on about how the one origin that gives a measly fucking +5 to actions regardless of health would be the superior choice and tries to use Talky Knight as the example of why we shouldn't have picked the Talky ability despite the fact that what really fucked over Talky Knight was a literal Natural 100 roll and would have fucked over his choice as well
>Moutbruefag either ignores responses that point this out to him or tries to bring up the most retarded mental gymnastics to counter what was being brought up
>Cue this constant argument for a good 1/3rd to 2/3rds of the quest

And then the QM came back and we went through the knight choice where he makes the choice of allowing us to vote for certain things that were already voted on before, which ended up having a supposedly different knight with the same personality.
I'm sure there was more to it but I would like to bring up that Mapfag and Heraldryfag were the true MVPs of this quest in actually getting shit done.
>>
>>3035258
oh god I've been here for almost 20 fucking years
>>
File: 1425720905603.jpg (44 KB, 400x508)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>3035258
boone quest
>>
>>3035258
Cultural evolution
>>
>>3035258
Gundam Musou quest on /m/. I Loved the shit out of it, although it had a massive amount of problems.
>>
>>3035258
How the fuck am I supposed to type with my hands in the air?
The first memorable quest I played was Seeker Quest.
I never got into quests on /tg/. The archived ones seemed fun but every single live one I checked out was a bastardized anime, inside joke filled, elitist shitshow.
>>
>>3035258
Be the BBEG. Basically we were a divorced overlord that took care of his daughter while rebuilding our evil empire. Very comfy, very fun, but the quest died because QM decided to spend more time with his daughter
>>
>>3034846
And the QM got hit by a fucking car.

>The curse is real
>>
>>3035258
Novice Heretek Quest
started good, got worse due to handling of a timeskip, went to shit around thread 80
>>
>>3035517
I keep warning people every five QTG's or so to be wary of getting hospitalized by rogue cars and be more wary of the curse, and do they listen? No. They never listen. Because the curse is a manifestation of destiny; shattering hearts, giving ass cancer, sending cars and refrigigators tumbling into faces, setting apartments on fire and putting their place of work out of business.

Imagine a force of nature, only evil and patient because it is filled with the souls of all spiteful abandoned players and weakling QMs who couldn't hack it. It waits until you have everything together, your plans are set, things are going 'ok' if not pretty good, and that's when it decides to bend reality into fucking your ass sideways over a chargen prompt.

This is the curse, and you'll know it best when you're already dead.
>>
>>3035258
Good old totemist quest. RIP
>>
File: crying bat.jpg (32 KB, 292x214)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I am full of embarrassment and shame.
My file names are just words I'm bound to use so that I can easily sort them into folders later, but I never get to the sorting part and it's all a huge mess.
>>
>>3035144
Well, I enjoyed it greatly and didn't even mind the possession thing, hoping you get it back so we can head north and save Jackson
>>
I think if the split was handled better than it was and the mod wasn't being an incompetent, there'd be less spam quests.

I'm guessing at least 3/4 of them are just /tg/ fags trolling, but really. What mod action has been taken by them in the last year or so?

Can anyone tell me?
>>
>>3034075
>How much established characterization for the MC do you prefer when starting a new quest?
Blank with some defining characteristics related to what he does, i like when me and anons fill the character with past deeds.
Normal mode: first quest from a popular series here to break the norm
Easy mode: one thumbnail looks like boobs/face
>>
>>3034075
>Bonus Activity
Failure and self-hate everywhere, yet great things are somehow achieved.
>>
>>3035703
My life minus any notion greatness or achievement?
>>
>>3035711
Is your life a quest?
>>
>>3035744
Sometimes, man. Some fuckin' times. Yea I know you didn't ask me.
>>
>>3035258
Magical Girl Noir Quest, first thread.

I got shouted down for a write-in and wandered off, never to return.

Probably didn't help that I hadn't seen Madoka yet.
>>
File: libra.png (290 KB, 1210x1600)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
I'm gonna write about weird nonsense soon.

Long Lost Stars comes up in about 12 hours.

Onto thread #4. Previous stuff: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=autistichornedgirls
>>
>>3035144
Well, hope you're planning on coming back soon, I enjoyed that quest.
>>
>>3034846
A turboautist is fucking around there and people are getting tired of his shit. Just that. One fucking person to derail arguably the most successful quest on 4chan
>>
>>3035176
No matter when you start, I will bend my sleeping schedule to you PeasantQM
>>
>>3034075
>No Crusader quest sequel

Why live?

>>3034585
Crusader quest

FUCK BITCHES, DEUS VULT, SOLOMON APPLIED TO PROBLEMS FIXES PROBLEMS

It was well Written and gave you a lot of investment in the MC's and the Cast.

Wilhelm didn't change much really, but Hugo went from a PTSD ridden child to someone who actually stood up for what he believed in and kind of a badass.

Mathilde also went from a child to someone who wanted to escape her predetermined destiny as a lordlings wife and gain control of her life.

Hats off to the development with Orlando though he really got most of it.

>Bumbling commander who fails his lord cousin and has his property revoked
>becomes Bumbling sad sack companion
>Betrays Wilhelm for Gold
>Said Betrayal bites him in the ass and has him Ostrachised from Jerusalem nobility
>Ends up saving Wilhelms life and redeeming himself
>Finally dies defending the queen(?) from Saracen attackers and having Manly tears shed for him
>>
>>3035258
>Nazi in fantasyland quest
>Tavern owner quest
>>
>>3035674
>What mod action has been taken by them in the last year or so?
I've seen three inappropriate threads get deleted (one was mine because I'm a stupid) and twice seen smut posts deleted.

Although, the kind of "quality control" modding you're whinging about will never happen, should never happen, and is entirely unnecessary.
>>
>>3034075
>Describe a quest in the most vague terms you can and see if anybody can guess it. Don't feel bad if nobody can guess it since we aren't all reading the same quests.
My Captain
;_;
>>
>>3035258
Magical Girl Noir Quest.
>>
>>3035955
>>3035955
>>3035955
A New Mutant Quest has updated.
>>
I absolutely love House & Dominion.
I think That Slow Typing Guy strikes a good balance between spreadsheet autism for the average /tg/ citizen and writing little that yet describes a lot. I am probably doing a terrible at explaining it, but during the action scenes for example he doesnt get lost in the details, yet flashes it out just enough for me to go 'Woa, Sonia a badass'. I also love the worldbuilding he's done. As I understood the setting has been his baby for a long time, and things are happening before and after the period the quest is set in, but as players we were really able to shape that time period, even causing him to have to alter future events.

tldr: For House and Dominion is great, ya'll.

I also liked Joker Quest a lot, but cringy af namefag write-ins ruined it for me. The setting, while edgy at times, felt dark and threatening enough for me, esp at the beginning, to really be careful whom to trust, etc. Persona-style waifu-wars though kinda took their toll on my willingness to stay up to date

A big thank you also to all ya'll CIV QM
>>
Is there a recommended program, tool or something to make skirmishes? To help to automate the grind and all that. I suppose that it can be all done with just photoshop or something similar that has layers, but I was looking for something to facilitate it.
>>
>>3035258
I don’t remember the name but it was about a Finnish X-men student who could control time. It was comfy and awesome.
>>
I take it this isn't a good place to pitch quests?
>>
>>3036158
It's the only place there is
>>
>>3036158

people even come from other sites to pitch their quests here
>>
My upcoming quest will be a tragedy focused on moral corruption, brotherhood, and dehumanization. Are these themes too complex for the average quest player?
>>
>>3036188

don't expect write-ins to go in the direction you're planning things to go

put at least three option by the end of each post and players will figure things out just fine, the average quest player is a smart cookie
>>
>>3036158
It is the only place to pitch, but it isn't a good one. You get a lot of mixed opinions or conflicting advice. At least, that's what happened to me the past few years of probing peoples' interests.
Having a catch-all board for every genre of quest isn't a good idea, but this board wasn't made to accommodate questing, it was made to placate whiners.
>>
>>3036158
>I take it this isn't a good place to pitch quests?
It's fine.
But it's like an early term home pregnancy test: a negative reaction, or an absence of a positive reaction, means nothing. But a positive is definitely a positive.
QTG is only a small part of /qst/.
>>
>>3036160
>>3036163
>>3036199
>>3036210
Gotcha. I won't pitch it, but good to know.
>>
>>3036237
Pitch it anyways dork you have nothing to lose
>>
>>3034075
>QM question
Well-written characters :^)
On a serious note, I do feel like I have trouble writing well-rounded, realistic characters, which is why most of the characters in my first proper quest were all borderline autistic AIs.
>>
>Akun quests have 100+ idlers when not live
shit
when did it get so huge
>>
>>3036261
The IP counter gets stuck sometimes. I've seen 80 disappear all at once before when it gets reset.

The vote counts will tell you how popular a quest is or an estimate at least.
>>
>>3036245
Nah, I'm fine.
>>
So how do you people deal with being hungry during your session? Do you just stop writing on the spot to make some food or do you save a few snacks to be ready for a nibble?
>>
>>3036375
You ignore the hunger pains until you no longer can, then start devouring your own limbs until you have free time for an actual meal.
>>
>>3036375

put something controversial up to vote then go fix yourself a meal
>>
>>3036375
Depending on the quest you're running, votes/rolls usually take long enough to not have to worry about waiting.
>>
>>3036199
>Having a catch-all board for every genre of quest isn't a good idea, but this board wasn't made to accommodate questing, it was made to placate whiners.
True. However...
Let go of all that salt. It's just weighing you down. It feels so much lighter when you simply move on.
>>
>>3036375
This >>3036449 is how I usually end up having meals. If I'm going out, I'll tell them I'm going out so the update will take longer.
>>
>>3036375
>Do you just stop writing on the spot to make some food or do you save a few snacks to be ready for a nibble?
Finish the post and prepare food while the votes roll in.
Are you hypoglycemic, write several buildings away from any food, or have just never cooked anything before in your life?
>>
Those anybody know if the drawfriend QM will come back and continue Kae's adventure? I have a mighty need for Ass and murder knights.
>>
>>3036375
Yeah. I just make the post usually, then fix something while votes happen. Not hard.
>>
File: pitter patter.jpg (281 KB, 1680x1120)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
Long Lost Stars #4 is a thing now

>>3036521
>>3036521
>>3036521
>>
>>3035876
>Nazi in fantasyland quest
Solid quest!

We never got to finish our star fort...
>>
>>3034585
Saiyan Conqueror Quest
A random low level(to start with) squad leader for a group of saiyan's taking planets for lord Freezia, and his yandere waifu(and actual wife recently) Meloka.
It isn't a page for page retread of every dragonball z story quests with insert character in it. It mixes a bunch of random anime series and other influences into the story, such as wiping out the Grey's from Destroy All Humans and creating our bane and recurring nightmare for a LONG time, Dr. Nefarious, killing Godzilla at least a dozen times. Literally. And taming a Yandere wife, adopting Broly, and having a very happy family of 6. Being bros with Freezia and his personal trainer, drinking buddies with Lord Boros from OPM, getting into Stand Battles with Jotoro Kujo and his grandfather. Taught the Ginyu Force Telepathy so that they may style on their enemies even harder then they ever could in cannon, caught a teenage kryptonian who is currently being "close" friends with Raven from the Teen Titans whom we semi adopted and lives on our space ship with us, along with a very large list of other noticeable shit to have been done in the quest. Such as kicking time Patroller Trunk's ass so hard, and so thoroughly, we gave him mental conditions so bad he has nightmares about us at night more so than the androids, Cell, and Gohan dying put together. Getting a natural bonus when we fight completely naked. And cock slapping Lord Beerus while Whis complemented us on our dick size. I'd like to see you faggots beat this shit.
>>
>>3035258
What got me into quests? Vox's Dungeon Life Quest before we were all shoved here.
>>
No One Gets Left Behind is updating again.

>>3036653
>>3036653
>>3036653
>>
>>3036618
Well I'm glad I kept putting off reading the archives on that.
>>
>>3036618
Jesus Christ how horrifying
>>
in other news

>>3036846
>>3036846
>>3036846

Psi-Hunter Quest is updating now! Session get!
>>
>>3036618

I might give it a read someday
>>
So, I kinda just want to get this out I guess...

I'm running Psicademy and would really appreciate it if you checked it out.

>>3034543
>>
>>3036878
Ill trade a checkout for a checkout.

opinion so far? Not bad, but too early in your game to honestly give a solid one. It has a solid enough base concept though.

>>3028417
>>
File: The Sculptor.png (439 KB, 547x799)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
I AM working on something, but its not going to be a direct continuation of Kae's quest. I feel it would be too hard trying to pick up from where I left off. If it means anything, im not done with the misadventures of Kae and friends by any stretch.
>>
>>3037107
>>3036491
forgot to (you), als
>>
File: 239Elekid.png (92 KB, 431x431)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>3037092
>>3037092
>>3037092

Pokémon Urban Quest is once again live to fill up the catalog with yet another Pokémon themed quest.

Does a socially awkward Poké-maniac has what it takes to become a Pokémon Master?
>>
>>3036618
While some parts of this are either made up, ideas tossed around by anons, or really exaggerated, this is not entirely wrong. Also you left out the time you went a round with the retired arena champion, who was then gifted to you by Crazy Hassan himself. Pic very related
>>
>>3035703
Yes or no question: Does your quest involve angry trees?
>>
>>3037303
It's exactly what you're thinking about, anon.
>>
>>3034638
>hating on Ophelia
>wanting William to marry a woman he doesn't truly love

You're what was wrong with that quest.
>>
>>3035176
No, fuck that. That dude should absolutely spiritually succeed Peasant Quest. There's a niche that isn't being filled. He should fill it. If you want to fill it instead, then do so.

You say you want to give players something enjoyable to read. Do you know what they'd really enjoy reading? New content. Your content was great. Everyone involved adored it. If you think your writing isn't up to snuff, that's on you. It shouldn't deter other QMs from giving people what they want to play.
>>
>>3037816
Nah, she was a clear thot fron the moment we saw her, and it isn't just me, the majority of the players didn't liker her.

>wanting William to marry a woman he doesn't truly love
Eh, that can change with time. There were already moments where William was clearly falling for her.

I'm not what was wrong with that quest at all, you're taste is just trash and you're mad that we didn't end with up it.
>>
>>3037838
Same. I didn't like her, either. Both for personal and logical reasons.

She was just an ACTUAL thot. No respect for her husband even on a basic level, and in general just came off as a subconsciously selfish and kinda desperate (in a bad way) person.
>>
>>3037847
Yeah, in my opinon Mary was just way better both as a person and as a waifu.
>>
>>3035258
Joker Quest. Still reading it to this day.
>>
>>3037107
Oh, that looks interesting. Well, can't wait seeing your drawings and quest again, be it Kae or not.
>>
>>3035258
Doppelganger Damacy. It was fun.
>>
File: Dread.png (2.51 MB, 1333x827)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
I'm developing a strategy/skirmish game in which one hex represents not one unit, but a squad (but is nevertheless represented by a unit pic).

I'm not sure how to incorporate ranged attacks. The way the map and units are scaled right now, a realistic solution would be to allow ranged attacks only to adjacent hex. However gameplay wise, ranged attacks should be able to reach up to 7 hexes.

What approach seems more sensible? How much immersion breaking are bows able to hit a target which is several kilometers away?
>>
File: big_1519095496_image.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>3038358
>>3038358
>>3038358
The newest Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Quest's game us up and going! (Christ what a mouthful)
Come in if you're interested, we're in the middle of Part 4 where the story's picking up again
>>
>>3038355
Not enough information on game mechanics. Being able to hit 7 hexes usually means that movement is similarly fast. Why can your cavalry run several kilometers in the time it takes to shoot 2-3 volleys?
>>

>>3038365
>>3038365
>>3038365
>>
>>3038363
That's what I'm asking, how much this disprepancy in scale is ruining the immersion? Art assets are pulled from another game so accomodating them to gameplay is out of question.
>>
>>3036079
From what i've seen you have to hand process *everything* some people use photoshop, some use gimp, some use paint Sai . I use gimp because im poor :P
>>
>>3038384
paint.net masterrace reporting in
>>
Wars of the Free Chapter 13 continues

>>3038394
>>
>>3038437
>>3038437
>>3038437
>>
Test
>>
>>3035258
Fereal Necromancer 4 life bitch!

I suppose Mortal Kombat Konquest and Darlo's DBZ quest get bonus prizes
>>
>>3036079
I tried to use Maptools for a skirmish, but discovered that manually moving around layers is actually more expressive.
I used Maptools macros for processing though.
>>
>>3038355
Doesn't wesnoth have map editor? Can't you just use that to move units around?
>>
>>3038782
I move units around in paint.net layers, that's no problem. What I'm asking about is how damaging is the wrong scaling to suspension of disbelief. If you look at pic you can see a treetop settlement occupies one hex but at the same time an archer should be able to hit units which are several hexes away from him - which would mean an arrow travelling the lengths of several villages before hitting its target. Also what >>3038363 says.

TLDR the scale is fucked up, do I just handwave it as troops making movements or is it so immersion breaking I have to change the gameplay?
>>
>>3038796
You should use several houses if you want it to look like a village. if you want to represent one house = village its going to be retarded looking for sure. I mean that would mean that bridge is an entire village length long. And if none of the other units / terrain follow this rule it would be pretty weird.

quite honestly I dont see why you WOULD want it to represent 1 village as a single house. Whats the game play mechanic you're trying to accomplish by representing it that way?
>>
>>3038771
Could you please tell more about these macros? Which ones you use and what they can do?
>>
File: disappointed.gif (1.53 MB, 300x170)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB GIF
>Haven't updated the quest in three days
I'm just so low on creative juices right now
>>
>>3038973
I wrote them myself to perform the many rolls and table lookups that I foolishly implemented in my system. The code got so large the macros sometimes crashed.
My advice to you - make your system simple.
>>
>>3038923
So the only thing in pic which seem out of scale are the treetop dwellings?
>>
bread getting go
>>3039012
>>3039012
>>3039012

we're professionals at Psi-Hunter Quest
>>
File: qtg.png (203 KB, 550x800)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
I cleaned up the OP picture, it was bothering me.
>>
Ok folks, I'll be to the point with you. What's the demand for a mecha quest? How many people would flat out just not look at it? How many of you would consider it if it were well written? Should I just bring it over to Anonkun and be done with it?
>>
>>3039222
I want a mecha quest.
>>
>>3039222
Mecha are nice.
>>
>>3039222
There is probably a bunch of people missing Mecha Space Pirate so you could tap into that. Just don't try to pull the same haremshit as it did for your own sake.

As for me personally, I'd look at it if it were advertised and the opening thread looked promising.
>>
>>3039225
>>3039230
>>3039232

good, in fact, great. Maybe I should have asked in my original post, but what kind of story would you like to see? Something like Gundam, with war and politics? Something like Dai Guard or Patlabor? Something profoundly eerie and introspective like EVA and Ideon? Something ballsy but thought-provoking like Shin Mazinger and Getter Robo?

So long as it's not haremshit I might just run it.
>>
>>3039236
Personally I'd rather have something you were interested in the most cause if you end up choosing a setting you're lukewarm about the whole quest suffers.
>>
>>3039236
I prefer real robots.
>>
>>3039236
I'd prefer real robots with customization opportunities, but >>3039242 is right.
>>
>>3039236
>Something like Gundam, with war and politics?
Yes, I would really like a gundam like story, with war and politics. I also really like the escalation of conflict of the first gundam and other things like L-gaim.
>Something profoundly eerie and introspective like EVA and Ideon?
Yes, as long as it is not an EVA fanfic, there is already just too much of it. It can get tiresome. Something like Ideon would be fine.
>>
Test
>>
>>3036107
You, anon, you are my mugga.
>>
>>3039236
I am not too deep into mechas, but I like eerie monster fighting rather than mechas vs mechas.
But>>3039242 is the true fountain of wisdom here.
>>
>>3039319
Robot fighting tournament would be a fun quest
>>
>>3039536

but how to make decent robot fight without rolling crazy amount of dice?
>>
>>3039578
Maybe a rock paper scissors(ish) type combat, with bonuses thrown in for type of robot and specific player input strategy.Use a car as a bar, +3 to blunt attack. Ambush via bashing through a building to get to them? Auto hit, but -1 to next roll due to rubble.

Mind you, dont need only three attack types like in rps, and to avoid too much dice each robot can haveceach attack type have a preset number, with bonuses for countering the other type.

Just as an example, not saying its perfect or anything.
>>
>>3034075
OY, I AM BACK FROM THE LAND OF THE DEAD AGAIN.
MY REGULARS OR ANY NEW PLAYER CAN FIND THE NEW THREAD HERE

>>3039828
>>3039828
>>3039828
>>
>>3039242
1000x this. Qms need to do what they feel lik instead of doing what they think players want
>>
File: 1530314377813.jpg (20 KB, 600x398)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
sometimes I want to know how long I've spent on an arc
but then I realize I'd just get embarrassed at how bad I am at pacing and just want to fade away from existence and hope everyone forgets
>>
>>3040118
What if what the QM want is to subtly manipulate the players into the story they want?
>>
>>3040118
Do what they feel like, huh? It is good advice that sounds good on paper, but if it doesn't line up with what anyone wants, how does it run? With no players, is the QM expected to samefag or roll a die to determine the story direction?
>>
>>3040821
If I can samefag a quest I like to the point where the QM believes they have 3-6 posters until they reach the point where they have 12-20 and then relax myself to being just one person why can't a QM just do that themselves? Other than it being an almost infeasibly soul-crushing effort, of course.
>>
File: 1456633383481.jpg (42 KB, 412x426)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>3040821
I've run a single quest for three years, started on a whim at 5AM on a school night when I didn't do homework, my only experience with quests having been /v/ adventures
I'm getting a nice few
Doing what you feel like works
Not knowing what you're doing works
You just have to have relatable taste, whether they know it at the time or not
>>
>>3040821
>Samefagging your own story

Do folks do that? Id rather just run a story with one dedicated, slow responder them that anyday. At least then yoi know the person is actually interested.

I get being desperate for a story to continue but i feel theres a line to draw, somewhere.
>>
>>3040830
This, if you samefag your own quest then it's over
>>
File: Arthaspaladin1.jpg (6 KB, 185x185)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>3040826
I won't allow it, Anon! Better that these quests die by inactivity than exist as samefag zombies!
>>
>>3040864
Listen, all the quests I've ever done it in wound up having active playerbases even when I wasn't participating, some pulling absolutely ridiculous numbers until the QMs decided to quit for non-player reasons. It's likely a lot of them would have lived even if I wasn't being a paranoid turbofaggot about trying to "fix" their playercounts. Most of them were on /tg/, anyways. The few /qst/ ones got vanishing QM syndrome, so I doubt the technique had ever really kept things here alive.
>>
QMs, read the first few threads/chapters of your current or last quest
how does it hold up
>>
>>3040884
Ive mentioned it before but this board is also alot slower then it used to be too. Only my second quest here, but my first was awhile ago nearer the beginning then now for sure.

Back then your quest wasnt popular it went away in a decent amount of time. Now i see quests(my own included) able to last days of little to no activity with little to no posters and still be in the top side of the pages. It feels like an unnecessary thing to do now unless the qm simply wouldnt continue with less players, and maybe then it shouldn't then continue if hes not willing to build a playerbase over time.
>>
>>3040896
My last quest is stuck on my old computer at the moment sadly. But it probably doesn't hold up, to me at least, compared to my current one. But i still have fond memories of it and do not regret my time with it.
>>
>>3040896
Fuck no it doesn't.

But if it weren't for those first few chapters I'd not have gotten as far as I did.
>>
>>3034075
>What is the one type of main character you would never write, whether because you hate them or you wouldn't be able to write as them.
Someone who's evil to the point of self-desctructiveness.
Even the literally least pleasant person I ever wrote (the MC of Convinct Cyborg Quest) always sought to minimize pain on his part and maximize the amount of influence he had.

>>3040896
>For House and Glory
Decently enough, I think.
>>3040821
>Do what they feel like, huh? It is good advice that sounds good on paper, but if it doesn't line up with what anyone wants, how does it run? With no players, is the QM expected to samefag or roll a die to determine the story direction?
In general you'll be surprised how many people happen to like what you like, and indeed many a time your sheer conviction can be attractive.
>>
File: 22.4.jpg (539 KB, 1280x1901)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
An update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
https://fiction.live/stories/The-Paladin-of-Avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/32-Traitor-s-Mask/u69XfGkq6rBjfqEzN
An acceptable mess a flap away from stumbling back into a full-on nightmare

Important announcement:
Starting from this update, the translation has officially caught up to the original game.
The votes cast will now be counted when determining the characters' further actions.
From here on out, please enjoy playing!
>>
>>3037107
Looks noice.
>>
>>3037107
Looks promising. But why put Kae in the upper left corner
>>
>>3041123
Because Kae is cute and must be put everywhere?
>>
>>3041136
Kae is many things but cute is not one of them
>>
>>3041137
Dem's fighting words.
>>
>>3041139
They are, and you are outnumbered.
On the day of the rope Kaefags will hang by the thousands, and we will finally be free of her shitty story arc
>>
>>3041146
If there are thousands of Kaefags then it's you who are outnumbered, two anons.
>>
>>3041147
I would put two anons of reason above a million kaefags.
SAY IT LOUD SAY IT CLEAR
KAEFAGS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE
>>
>>3041148
It's okay if Kae's sumptuous image is making you doubt your sexuality, anon. It doesn't make you a bad person.
>>
>>
No One Gets Left Behind is updating.

>>3041268
>>3041268
>>3041268
>>
File: 1449146683286.png (73 KB, 838x768)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>3040794
Subtly is fine.
"Subtly" is shit.

For example, I 100% saw what PeasantQM did when manipulating us to hate our rival/enemy. It wasn't even super subtle and I loved hating him anyway.

Alternatively, I still remember the choice (but not the failed quest), where the options were:
>Walk around battle camp
>Go to commander's tent
>Some third thing

I chose to walk around camp, it won with this result:
"You walk around the camp, nothing interesting happens, so you go to the commander's tent."
I'm still pissed.

At least the blatant railroading in works like the middle of "Prequel" were tied directly to themes, story arc, and were (eventually) redeemed.
But hell, this was essentially just a "Fuck you, this a story, not a quest. I can't be bothered to think of something."
>>
>>3040956
>In general you'll be surprised how many people happen to like what you like, and indeed many a time your sheer conviction can be attractive.
This

>>3040821
>But what if...
Those three words prevent more QMs from starting than anything else.
I ripped my bandaid off, posted rushed before I was ready, made a lot of the classic mistakes, and limped along for six threads with a couple posters before ending my first quest.
My third quest got over 34 unique IPs, which was nice.
"What if" will always be there to stop you if you let it. Run what you want, then run what you want better. Do what you need to do, to do what you want to do. Even if that's samefagging your own quest like bidding on your own eBay auction.

The idea is to avoid doing stuff you don't want to do (like run an uninteresting quest because you think it'll be popular) in the hopes that someday you'll be able to enjoy your hobby.
If you aren't enjoying most of your hobby, then something is wrong and needs to be remedied.
>>
>>3041327
>But what if...
>Those three words prevent more QMs from...
Is this a thinly-veiled metaphor for life?
>>
>>3041343
If by thin you mean translucent and by life you mean anything everything ever forever.

At some point, which is the point that decides success or failure, questions stop mattering. Usually this is also when you learn if the ether ratio in your handkerchief has done its job.
>>
>>3041343
>Is this a thinly-veiled metaphor for life?
It could be, but only as metaphor.
There's a great many real life continuations of that question that should be asked, answered, and considered.
>But what if...
...they are HIV positive?
...the pictures end up online?
...there's a way the police could find out that I've not thought of?
...my drug dealer lied to me?
...the other car doesn't stop?
>>
>>3041516
>>3041516
>>3041516
>>
>>3040826
>>3040830
The whole fiasco with Velo proved how negatively people think about samefag QMs.

However, I still don't have a grasp on what people think of about rolling a die to determine progress if nobody has voted in X number of hours.

>>3040827
>>3040956
>>3041327
>just do it, in so many words
I like your outlook. I will remember this when I decide to, full stop, run what I want without being swayed by what I think others want. I will remember this, whether it gets extremely popular, or whether I waste an entire day sitting around with no replies. I will remember this, regardless of any regret on my end that develops either way.
>>
>>3041672
>of about
Wow, that sure is some improper English, right there. I do words good.
>>
>>3041672
I feel like rolling a die isnt much better, i mean isnt it kinda just openly samefagging? I think the best course of action, at best, is a subtle post trying to gain attention (hey ill be back in an hour guys), or simply a single bump once yourself to keep it alive, but after that it feels like without actual player(s) theres no point trying to force it.

Also yes. Dont give up on your dreams. Sometimes a failure is down to just timing, those that might play simply being busy.
>>
File: newtype.jpg (83 KB, 375x500)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>3035258
First quest I read was Zeonquest, though I don't remember if I actually participated in it before it ended.
As quests go it probably went on too long for its own good, there weren't many points where players could actually influence where the story went after the first arc or so.
>>
Other than A New Mutant and Homeless any other Mahvel out there to read?
>>
>>3041118
>>3041123
Thanks, ill try to not disappoint. All the comics I read as a kid had something like that in the corner. I put it there for fun, no real reason.

>>3041137
What did anon mean by this?

>>3041146
>>3041148
You just made an enemy for LIFE
>>
File: 1541352037671.jpg (2.15 MB, 3200x2400)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
>>3034075
>Bonus Activity
pic related
>>
I have a task for anons willing to put their autism to work.

Players assume the role of commanders responsible for sections of a front. At the start of the game, player builds up his section from available units according to his own preferences. Once this is done, the entire section gains traits and stats from the units it was built up and from then on, for the sake of simplicity, is considered one entity.
Example, available units:
>Fighters (d4), trait: xxx
>Ambushers (d3), trait: yyy
>Archers (d2), trait: zzz
One section consists of 5 units.
>Player selects 3 Fighters, 1 Ambusher and 1 Archer
>His section's stats are 3d4+1d3+1d2 + relevant traits

Player makes opposing roll versus NPC section facing him on the front. Difference between these rolls is called Breach. Example, Clash phase:
>player rolls 3d4+1d3+1d2 = 10
>GM rolls 5d4 = 13
>GM can now use 3 Breach to accomplish his goals against player

How to simulate damage? Removing dice means player would have to roll with different dices after every turn he took damage, which is unnecessarily complicated. Flat penalties are quite debilitating and don't represent casualties well. Should I introduce HP or % effectiveness stat? I hope there is simpler solution which is eluding me.
>>
>>3042140
Id think losing a unit/dice when you lose is the best way to represent casualties and makes the most sense. Not the most complicated either, but your never going to avoid some complications.

Otherwise hp would work best for simplicity, but doesn't really account for the lost soldiers lowering effectiveness.
>>
>>3042140

>>3042161
>this

Otherwise, if you are worried that players can't put up with this kind of complication, either do it yourself or have it happen out of the player's view, entirely under the hood.
>>
>>3041814
>>3041139
A tramp strumpet can be attractive but not cute. Cute doesn't harden your cock, it softens your heart.
>>
got us an upd8 here

>>3042281
>>3042281
>>3042281

Investigation n shit ahoy!
>>
>>3042284
Curious, is it really common/more effective to post updates here? Or is that more for quests with odd update schedules? Seems like people would watch the actual quest thread if interested, rather them here, but ive been wrong before.
>>
>>3042309
if you want to catch the most fish you must string lines in more then one lake
>>
>>3042309
It's rare, and usuall only done by quests with an odd update schedule. Even then I don't understand why they do it, if you have a following of anons they'll be there when you update
>>
>>3042161
>>3042174
Thanks anons.
>>
>>3042323
>>3042324
Both of these make sense yet sound conflicting.
>>
>>3042379
I saw others do it, joined in. Figured there wouldn't really be any hurt in doing so. I've got a few regulars and they're pretty awesome. If I can get more from somewhere, I'll blather on there.
>>
>King of the hill quest
Bobby joins a blood magic cult. Hank has to get him back with the power of propane and stolen blood magic
>>
>>3034075
Diplomancer. We have enough of those as is.
>How much established characterization for the MC do you prefer when starting a new quest?
Enough to get a feel for their personality so I can keep my votes as In-Character as possible.
>Describe a quest in the most vague terms you can and see if anybody can guess it. Don't feel bad if nobody can guess it since we aren't all reading the same quests.
Father of the century blows up Snake Jihadis for his best friend.
>>
>>3043080
> Father of the century
Fuck me my daughter is a magical girl?
>>
>>3043102
Nope
>>
>>3042324
>if you have a following of anons they'll be there when you update
Nice assumption.
Also, be where?
Staring at the catalog or thread hitting refresh?
Or shooting the shit in the QTG?

It helps catch some anons that otherwise missed the update and takes almost zero effort. What's not to understand?
>>
I miss Okami Quest.
>>
>>3043065
Neat. I remember that episode.
>>
>>3034075
>>3029269
>>3029269
>>3029269

new chapter has been started after like 2 months! Necromancer Detective!
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5eEImRQv4
I'm making a sexy brutale I'm sure what to do with the mask and character mechanics but not sure what to do with the time mechanic and stealth/invisibility mechanic
>>
>>3041312
kek I railroad and samefag my quests all the time and there's nothing you cucks can do about it
>>
>>3043791
That just sounds boring honestly but ok if that really gets yer knockers knockin.

I mean the point of writing a quest rather then a book is the player input.
>>
>>3043791
>Samefagging can't be stopped
In other news, water is wet!

However, if you railroad like a hamfisted virgin removing a bra for the first time (which I suspect to be the case with you), then your shitty novel is dropped.
Obviously.
>>
I wouldnt mind rolling some stuff behind the scenes myself, but if i dont have ANY voters, then ill drop the quest, bc then whats the point
>>
>>3034075
>>Player Question

I think it's more important to start with the MC in established relationships with people and the setting, and to let the players determine the "tone" of the MC in the first two threads and then be able to build a play style as the quest progresses.

>>Bonus Activity

>>3034098
With answers, 4 u

1) Crackbitch. Homeless Mutant Quest

2) Don't touch my hair or else I'll RIP 'N TEAR Valen

3) Heat Axe Zeon Quest - Original /tg/ quest. Worth reading on SupTG

4) Heavy Metal Harem Mecha Space Pirate Quest. Also worth reading. Possibly the first realistic Harem quest, earned by rolling natural crits on a truly silly amount of seduction rolls.

5) Capitalism and Sharks, IN SPACE! House and Dominion, still running after all these years. We are RICH, bitch - in space
>>
>>3043977
I'd like to have that one sliver of hope. Only like to roll for the quest itself once though and pray to god for the rest.
>>
>>3043957
And here I thought it's the (You)s you get after every few paragraphs.
>>
>>3044002
Nah, there are much easier ways to farm (You)s, like shitposting on /tg/.
Quests are about the interaction.
>>
>>3043957
>>3043970
>>
>>3044068
we need more virgin qms, too much chads around doing flake quests.

funny how my favorite quests are some that have very few players and I'm constantly afraid the qm will drop it because of the low traffic
>>
>>3044068
>proofreads 300 times
>doesn't get (you)s
I feel personally attacked
>>
>>3044068
Shit I'm like 3 from each what does it mean?!
>>
>>3044072
there there

have one on me

I've seen too many qms and quests I loved die because of lack of nurturing (you)s to be able to feel your pain even if I never ran one.
>>
File: half_breed.jpg (80 KB, 424x596)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>3044077
(you) on the left
>>
>>3044068
>>3044071
We need the virgins but deserve the chads
>>
>>3034585
Paladin of Avalon

You are a young Paladin of Light who's ever really seen the truly dark and 'evil' shit in bestiaries, stories, and heard of them from others, mostly because your faith and kingdom have achieved almost complete triumph against all opposing forces around the time you were born. You get sent as a part of an expedition to a faraway, half-legendary island that houses the remains of most of the creatures, cults, and other undesirable elements that your predecessors have all but wiped out. Your goal is to kill the escaped necromantress, former princess of your kingdom, who has found refuge on the island. Your ship crashes during a storm, and you end up as the only survivor of the crew.

Despite being mostly derivative, as in stitched together like a quilt out of parts of various stories, worlds, and systems, with some original content added to the mix, the setting is surprisingly coherent and consistent. It feels like an incredibly large and complex universe, vast and ancient enough to house eons worth of struggle and tales. Somehow, the QM managed to create a world where King Arthur, Valinorian elves, Baba Yaga from the Slavic folklore, the Catholic Inquisition, the lot of DnD's races, a good number of pagan gods from various mythologies, and many others are not only present, but their (co)existence is absolutely believable. It's really quite something.
The scope of the story grows with every chapter, and the unveiling of the bigger picture with each new reveal and bit of information is genuinely engaging.
The characters are dynamic and don't feel like mindless NPCs. They are up to their own shit and constantly do something unexpected disregarding the MC's desires or expectations, especially when left to their own devices. This, compared to the variety of personalities, the sheer scope of the cast, and the state of the world, make it so that there is almost never a downtime or boring moment. If anything, there is so much stuff going on at any given point that it's hard to decide what to tackle first.

Henry is a charming guy. Well-read and not exactly inexperienced at the start of the story, he is already a character with some baggage, connections, and personality, far from a blank slate.
He goes from a pure-hearted romantic who truly believes in everything the Order has been teaching him to trying to combine those teaching with a new position he finds in the world and the abundance of new viewpoints, to settling into a completely different role and purpose than at the start of the story while still managing to preserve his moral compass and sense of right and wrong, to a degree. He is really a well-written and delightful MC.
>>
>>3044094
Kek

>>3044101
What you feed is what will thrive, or something silly like that.
>>
File: 1525470252873.png (865 KB, 1672x939)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
/qtg/, recommend me some quests with suffering. Active, finished or even dead, all is fine.
>>
>>3044149
Court of Swords and Heavenly Child
>>
>>3044149
Promises of Power.
>>
>>3044149
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Blood%20Moon
>>
>>3044157
Eh that one wasn't written very well. Forced deaths and hamfisted timeloops
>>
New Quest if anyone's interested:

>>3044187
>>
>>3044134
After months of searching and travel, /qst/ finally arrives at the feet of the wise and reclusive master:
/qst/:
>"Moot! Please tell us! Why do we languish?"
Moot:
>"You have two wolves fighting for control within you, the Virgin and the Chad. That conflict within weakens you. Plus, you know, you are a slow board that is never advertised and you probably should never have been born in the first place."
/qst/:
>"But Moot, which wolf will win the fight?"
Moot:
>"The one that you feed."
/qst/:
>"...fuck."
>>
>>3043027

Don't know if I'm allowed to, but here, open for the time being. Not very original though.
>>
Just to clarify, you can samefag via pass + switching exit IPs in VPN?
>>
>>3043080
Black Company Quest
>>
>>3044154
Court of Swords has suffering? I stopped reading fairly early, due to MC's internal soliloquy about how "handsome" some dude was.
>>
>>3044323
ha
>>
>>3044323
Yeah.
>>
>>3044068
Regarding the issue of the span between these two, IMO, Bo Burnham said it best, when it comes to art and its audience:
"I can sit here and pretend that my biggest problem is pringle cans, and burritos. The truth is my biggest problem is you. I wanna please you, but I wanna stay true to myself. I wanna give you the night out that you deserve, but I wanna say what I think, and not care what you think about it
A part of me loves you. A part of me hates you. A part of me needs you. A part of me fears you."
>>
>>3044323
Come back, we have pretty maids.
>>
>>3044347
do you fuck them or do you go after posh sleezy bastards like the one the other anon mentioned?
>>
>>3044371
We stop them from immolating themselves because of a shit situation and found them a place to stay after they lost their home and job.
>>
>>3044399
>>3044399
>>3044399
>>
>>3044149
The Forests Grip is not going to be a ride of rainbows regardless of otherwise quality.

>>3028417
>>
File: 1445884232654.jpg (4.17 MB, 2160x2184)
4.17 MB
4.17 MB JPG
>>3044347
>Literally described only as an "older woman"
>Anons: yeah! Hot maid!
>>
>>3044464
But Sofia thinks she's hot.
>>
>>3044469
Source pls.
>>
>>3044469
Also Sophia thinks everyone is hot. She's thirsty AF.
>>
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 1799x42)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>3044470
>>
>>3044472
That's Sophia being scared shitless of having her ego eaten. Where is prettyness even mentioned?
>>
>>3044476
>Hot housekeeper

That's what you asked source for right?
>>
>>3044483
In this case, see >>3044471
>>
>>3044485
I wasn't responding to that though. Whatever it's not really important.
>>
>>3044464
Why can’t it be both?
>>
Chapter Master Quest is currently running.

>>3044495
>>3044495
>>3044495

Join the Ghosts of Retribution as they battle the millions of orks that have infested the world of Triot.
>>
-shameless atempt to grab attention-
Just got a new job today so im wanting to put all this energy into some fun writing to celebrate.

>>3028417
>>3028417
>>3028417
>>
>>3044609
Congratulations
>>
Waking up to find (you)s is what keeps me alive
>>
File: oddshuttles.png (334 KB, 617x575)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>3034075

Come help a would be interstellar rebellion get back on its feet as it navigates the rigors of space exploration, MSpaint, insurgency management and non-descript heroes.

>>3044325
>>
>>3045236
As qm or player?
>>
>>3045236
this, based Europe bros always leave walls of text and write ins
>>
>>3044068
t. SOMNIUS
>>
>>3045295
You already samefagged at least once havent you?
>>
>>3044149
Joker, everyone suffers. No one gets to be happy, ever. Things are starting to look up, but it's right after the lowest point of the Quest.
>>
File: 1393565489021.jpg (216 KB, 837x477)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>when your QM gives you exactly what you want
Yes, this is a good feel.
>>
>>3045760
what quest?
>>
>>3045775
Fuck Quest. Can't wait for January.
>>
File: IMG_20181112_232214.jpg (185 KB, 720x1073)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>3041793
>Other than A New Mutant and Homeless any other Mahvel out there to read?
Depends on how short of a run is too short to bother reading.
Marvel Quest Presents: Featuring Vibrant and Intuition Drive lasted three and a half threads before the Curse triple-fucked the QM into an 8 month and counting hiatus.

Link:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=FaceripperQM

Summary:
>>3034947
>One is a loud billionaire seeking new worlds of development for his company. And the other is a plucky robot detective just going by his gut. Together they... have no interaction with each other whatsoever.

>Horny guy crushes it.
Obviously this was A New Mutant Quest
>>
In Banished Quest, what was the mask and the thing it latched on to the MC? I thought it was part of a cult. Wear the mask, god eats you, get closer to resurrection. Is that it? Is that the entire mechanic?
>>
>>3034658
Lessons in Knighthood Quest aka Clarissa paperwork simulator
>>
newbie here, how do I archive my quest?
>>
>>3035535
I'm the QM of Heretek Quest, two years later and now I have most of my shit organised, so I'm back at QMing!

The Quest started well because I didn't had a job back then, but then I had to deal with both class and working and I simply didn't had enough time.

I now have a Marvel Quest!
>>
>>3046300
>Heretek quest was two years ago

Sweet jesus
>>
>>3046297
Go to /suptg/
>>
File: Questoo.png (1.1 MB, 609x925)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>3046300
Giving myself some blatant self promotion:

Alternate Marvel Quest will run from Friday to Sunday! Don't miss it!
>>
>>3046297
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/requestqstinterface.html
>>
>>3046297
Go to suptg then on to the /qst/ archive then click on the button near the Add Thread text.
>>
>>3046308
I saw some of my posts in the ruby quest thread when i went through it last month. 4chan needs its own retirement home.
>>
>>3046317
really liked your quest man, miss Lanky
>>
>>3046390
Thanks! And yeah. I really miss them too. I might add them in the Marvel quest in the form of reincarnated or parallel versions
>>
I'm the one who made the review archive.
Haven't been here in a while.
Have there been any new reviews?
>>
>>3046262
clapclapclapclap
>>
>>3046403
I think I've seen two real reviews, but I can only remember the Do Your Best review.

I keep meaning to do bookend reviews, but I've had less time than usual. And my l
first/last one came out anemic as hell.
>>
>>3046195
It was the point at which the quest truly became shitposter central
>>
>>3046403
Do Your Best and some isekai one
>>
How would you name a skirmish quest in which Cthulhu-like creatures assault a fantasy forest kingdom?
>>
File: smokey_the_bear.jpg (137 KB, 1000x1424)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>3046469
>Only you can prevent/bring about the apocalypse

Depending on who you play crop out smokey and put in something lovecraftian
>>
>>3046469
Is it a skirmish or is it a quest?
>>
>>3046469
"Welkenwood Assault: a Skirmish Quest"
"Assault on Welkenwood (or kingdom name)"
or
"Magical Woodland Soggoth Tussle Adventure!"
>>
>>3046528
>>3046528
>>3046528
>>
>>3045808
I miss this. I wanted to see the trade with alter verse flourish and the stock prices soar. But at least it ended with protagonist in Danvers’ embrace. And the robot and the alien were cool too.
>>
>>3046521
Skirmish but you control a Company instead of one guy plus it has some RTS elements
>>
>>3046519
>>3046526
Thanks guys but perhaps something more serious?
>>
>>3046561
I think you'd be better off naming it after something in the setting if you want a serious name.

(Kingdom's name) Quest or (Company's name) Quest may be not very descriptive, but it's exact and literal, like all the best quest subject names. Over time those become memorable enough to work and bait the correct form of interest.
>>
>>3046403
Link?
>>
>>3046560
All GuardsAnon Party?

I'm all about shamelessly cribbing from successful people.
>>
>>3046569
Thanks, seems like a solid approach
>>
>>3046584
Sorry, I'm not on the same page here.. what do you mean?
>>
>>3046588
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=All%20Guardsmen%20Party
>>
>>3046588
>>3046595
I envy that you get to read this for the first time.

If you don't like it, just lie anyways. Nobody here will believe you aren't just trolling

>>
>>3046595
B-but that's not a skirmish...? It's not even a quest..? Just a guy posting a story..?
>>
>>3045594
Nope.

Currently running some MSspeesh adventures.

>>>3044325
>>>3044325
>>>3044325
>>
>>3046584
Those two things have nothing in common. AllGuardsmen was a tabletop storytime
>>
>>3046613
Anon was suggesting you crib the name to mislead people who may be tangentially interested in a similar subject. Or through some bizzare luck maybe wind up making something similar and great but with interaction. The joke does not work much now that I've explained it.
>>
>>3046623
The frog is dissected.
>>
>>3046623
Well at least I now understand it was a joke to begin with. Flew completely over me.
>>
>>3046412
>>3046445
so what's the deal with Do Your Best? what's good about it?
>>
>>3046561
>perhaps something more serious?
"Welkenwood Assault" was totally serious.

>>3046569
>better off naming it after something in the setting if you want a serious name.
This, only I was coming up with one appropriate if you didn't have one.
>>
>>3046469
The colour out in Elfwood (elfwood being interchangeable)
>>
>>3046469
Abysswood's Cinders; the beasts from beyond the veil.
>>
>>3046559
>>3045808
I wasn't sure if there were still fans of this quest kicking around.
>>
File: IMG_20181009_002133.jpg (53 KB, 1187x598)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>3047063
I do still plan/hope to return to running this quest. I want to at least resolve the storylines still rolling around in my head.
I had at least two diehard awesome players that I want to reward too.
Unfortunately, I'm only halfway out of being "triple fucked", which leaves me at 1.5 fucked.
When I could eventually run, I probably would be stuck running sessions over one or two weekends a month.
>>
>>3047085
Hey, we share fans.
>>
*casts old net full of holes*
Quest updated
Appreciate the few folks interested, and any input of course.

>>3047098
>>3047098
>>
>>3047105
i think
>>
>>3047109
Therefore i am
>>
>>3046578
Link to what? The archive? It's in the OP
>>
I ripped off the bandaid and posted it. Reading it now it looks like shit.
>>
>>3047197
Cant get better without trying though, and you cant have started shittier then i did, guarantee it.
>>
>>3047203
Can I see it?
>>
>>3047214

>>3028417
I messed up the spoiler and had a glitch make it not recognize the thread as mine.

Its also clearly a very niche idea by player count, though im fine with that. Dont put yourself down before you even start my man, your doing this for fun and experience, let it be both as it will be.
>>
>>3047224
Thanks fren. Here’s mine if you’re interested >>3047188
>>
>>3047244
That was yours? Oh well, your over worrying at least a bit, it had already caught my attention haha.
>>
>>3047105
It seems likely.
(I like your quest too)
>>
>>3047263
Aww, that makes me feel fuzzy.
>>
Are these
>>3034617
>>3034638
>>3034649
>>3034668
>>3034692
>>3034804
>>3035025
>>3035872
>>3036618
>>3044117
useful? Has anyone picked up any quests thanks to these mini reviews?
>>
>>3047368
I was going to check out Iron: A Tief's Quest til I realized it was on akun.

I still might sometime down the line.
>>
Hey fellas, there will be a new Sworn to Valour thread this Friday at roughly 12:00 AEST if all goes well. It won't be a long session though, we'll have a couple of posts starting things up and hashing out our next goal but then I'll switch back to a once-a-day schedule because I'm away for a bit next week.

And for those waiting out on the BCQ pastebin, sorry. It will be a while yet. Maybe look at it as a terrible Christmas present.
>>
>>3047368
I picked up Lizardfolk Ascendancy

Sounded like an Interesting enough idea and it updates frequently enough to catch my Interest
>>
>>3037847
No respect for her husband because he killed her child.
>>
>>3047392
>Valour
Valor
>>
>>3047460
Its spelled valour you filthy American peasant.
>>
>>3047469
Color, not colour
Chocolate chip COOKIE, not biscuit
Bar, not pub
>>
>>3047469
Gun, not rooty tooty point n shooty
>>
>>3047469
I bet you call them crisps instead of chips too. Frakking animal, to the Pit with you.

>>3047475
Actually they're called Flim Flam Never Jam, depending on the weapon performance.
>>
File: gross.png (98 KB, 287x380)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>When Americans call a dart, "cigarette"
>When Americans call a hoser, "loser"
>When Americans call "a rip", "getting high"
>>
>When Americans call poutine "cheesy gravy freedomfries"
>>
>Calling Storytime-with-Rum-and-Wine "quests"
>>
>>3047484
Do you have a different name for an actual dart or do you call two different things darts?
>>
>>3047517
I will admit, it does make asking for someone to chuck you a spare cigarette a very dicey game.
>>
>>3047392
Nigger. I got a birthday that day.
>>
>>3047484
Found a Leaf!
>>
>>3047372
Is there some difficulty with checking out quests on Akun?
>>
>>3047560
Site layout. It's just poorly built.
>>
File: tegaki.png (7 KB, 400x400)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>3047560
Yeah, they are MY players. You cant have em.
>>
>>3047560
>>3047561
That reminds me, anybody know if that Gargoyles Quest that started here is still going on Akun? It had a slightly edgy seeming magic user Gargoyle mc.
QM fucking nailed the narrative tone of the series but I'm not going to fucking look for it there.
>>
>>3047590
Ah.
The MC was Avalon.
The QM was Moon, if that helps.
>>
>>3047392
Is there anything you can do about Mountbrunfag?

His autism is offputting, and it makes me feel like I'd rather not participate in conversation because he dominates it with whatever subject he's harping on *constantly*.
>>
>>3047640
What would you suggest?
>>
>>3047590
>>3047592
https://fiction.live/stories/Gargoyles-Magic-and-Clan/LAvtqPHD8F6stNumk
>>
>>3047668
"Now that we've decided that yes,there will be smut in this quest from now on, I think we can all have happy little dreams of the glorious Gargoyle tits that will shower us soon enough.

That and Elisa is hot as fuck. Nighty night."

I feel bad for the one anon who voted to keep it clean
>>
>>3047672
A true martyr to our great board.
Soon we will rise up and destroy the anonkun kuffars, inshallah
>>
>>3047663
Just asking him to tone it down when he starts dragging conversations out.

I know you love his autistic deconstruction of your world but honestly it's turning the quest into like 90% shitposting, and other people asking him to move on results in him throwing tantrums.
>>
>>3047672
I feel bad for everyone that plays on Anon-kun.

Not because of the board, but because of the other players.
>>
>>3047663
Alternatively you could just resign yourself to becoming Soma 2.0

I'm honestly not convinced you aren't his alt.
>>
>>3047679
What is this place you speak of and on a scale of extra chromosome to REEEEEE just how autistic is it and thus how far away from it should i stand?
>>
>>3047693
It's pretty much for people who can't play quests WITHOUT explicit smut.

So despite any good intentions every quest devolves into /b/ style quests.

Imagine Fanfic anime quests filling the board, with people being too focused on tapping their waifu out of a harem of one dimensional fetishbait.
>>
>>3047693
I'm not saying there aren't any good quests, but it draws in the most autistic tryhard edgelord permavirgins on an unprecedented scale.
>>
>>3047700
Oh so its /r9k/ fantasies with no control.
Just typing that makes me feel the need to shower.
>>
>>3047702
>>3047702
That's a concise way of putting it.

Imagine, 80% of the playerbase being from /r9k/ instead of only the %15 or so here.

The trick is to get a diversity of autism.
>>
Alright guys I need some help.

My quest is finally getting into the meat of a kingdom we seek to conquer. I want to flesh them out with powerful units, technologies and an Interesting social and political dynamic

Any ideas? They don't need to be crazy or over the top but something for my players to sink their teeth into beyond "I hit thing"
>>
>>3047714
What tech levels are we talking about? Medieval? Industrial? Contemporary? Futuristic?
>>
>>3047714
A triple king kingdom. The three kings debate and decide actions via vote, but otherwise work like usual, via bloodline, each owning roughly a third the country, though like usual marriages and internal politics would leave such things uneven.

Each focuses on a separate elite unit type they specialize in and control, with all three contributing to a standard joint army of regulars.

Each kings land in theory is supposed to be able to supply themselves and be fully self sufficient, but over the years they have somewhat specialized, such as one king owning most of the iron mines, another most of the farmland, making them disturbingly efficient in quality and supply of goods, but horribly vulnerable if any one of the kings lands fall.

Technology wise no idea.
>>
>>3047722
I see a lot of intrigue and shady power plays between the kings.

>Technology wise no idea.
How can you run a quest for some time and not know what is the tech level of its setting?
>>
>>3047561
Akun's features are the only reason I manage to be able to run
akun can be buggy shit but having a countdown timer stare me in the face every time I go there helps me not flake from my quest
>>
>>3047728
You may want to check the I.D.s

I am merely a semi-helpful nobody offering siggestions to the person running the actual quest as he so asked for such things. The tech level was not included in his post so i did not wish to offer suggestions on that without knowing, while the rest of my suggestions could be used in a variety of settings/tech levels.
>>
>>3047734
Hah, my fail.
>>
>>3047739
Happens to the best of us.
>>
>>3047714
For an interesting political situation, you might make an elected monarchy with the kind being elected by the top landowners (dukes), like a mini-HRE. Suppose the kingdom is too strong to be conquered outright, so the players will have to bring some of the dukes on their side... the problem is, all the dukes want to be the next king, and unless the players promise the throne to them, their next best chance is to fight against the players and distinguish themselves.
>>
>>3047722
Cavalry, professional heavy infantry, and large peasant armies that have a significant number of archers.

Cavalry is high mobility reaction force and comprised mostly of Nobles. They can be sent out to chase players down as well as act semi-independently in rural areas without any direct oversight, but are similarly limited by political considerations in different lords territories. Diffused semi-political command structure as well with "bands" of Cavalry acting under a leading Noble. Depending on the requirements of their Honour, they may make only a token attempt to fight the party or they may chase them down to the ends of the earth no matter the cost.

Heavy Infantry is what is says on the tin but small in numbers so they tend to be more focused in urban areas and are unlikely to be encountered accidentally. Highly trained semi-mercenary professionals that aren't Nobles but instead have a single command hierarchy. That being said, their duties are limited in scope by their numbers so they often won't pursue an enemy driven off and they will withdraw if enough casualties are taken. Of course, they can also just be bought off by paying a "fine".

Peasant armies can spring up anywhere in small numbers, and are driven by their devotion to one of the three Kings who has a religious following. While a small number of them isn't much threat, they can rapidly swell in numbers when called upon officially and often act as support for Cavalry and Heavy Infantry. Wiping out a group of them alone isn't too difficult, but there's always another group so they have to be dealt with long term by means other than "kill everyone". Usually though they aren't much of a threat unless their God-King is offended, or if the players represent a threat to the stability of their lives directly, or if they are working with one of the other two.

So you have three diverse groups that can work together to complement each other, but present different strategic threats on their own. As well, they have different concerns that could draw or deflect their ire. Got Cavalry chasing you around? If the locals like you more, they won't support them, and maybe you can challenge the leader to a duel. Heavy Infantry would have no truck with that though and is willing to fight you AND the Peasants if they don't assist them. However they can be bought off or just ran away from. Have you commit6ed (or been framed for) atrocities that hurt the people? At best they'll make constant hit and fade attacks and nowhere will he safe to rest unguarded, or they might get support from some local Heavies or their Lords Cavalry and try to delay you long enough for them to come and deliver punishment.

Mobile medium situational threat.

Stationary heavy threat.

Blobby variable threat.
>>
>>3047881
>>3047881
>>3047881
>>
A few of the games I follow use stuff like traits and bonuses to rolls. Are these a good idea to try out as a new QM? I like the idea of characters having talents and being better at some skills than others but I'm not sure how balanced they are when using 1d100s. Otherwise it might end up feeling like even if the character has no skill in something within the story, they're still as likely to succeed at that than at something they should be really good at.
>>
>>3047953
Definitely. Adding modifiers to rolls, positive or negative, makes it less of an RNG fest and if the players earned those modifiers it helps with agency and accomplishment.
>>
Any other qms get sore fingers after typing a lot?
>>
>>3047961
I once typed so much the tips of my fingers legitimately ached. It felt like I had worn down the very bone into a flat surface and was tapping it directly against the keys.

It is training. You become stronger.
>>
>>3047956
I'll give a go sometime then. I didn't want to drag out character gen for too long because I wasn't sure how many players would be interested. Maybe if they start to favor a weapon or skill I'll offer a trait or bonus.
>>
>>3047963
kinda like learning guitar to play then? lol
>>
>>3047953

Before you add bonuses, I recommend you examine the rolling system you use in Anydice to analyze your chosen resolution:

https://anydice.com/program/12473

For example, Best of 3d100 hits DC 80 half the time, so adding a +10 bonus gives you a 50% at a DC 90. Despite what you would think, adding another dice (Best of 4) only bumps the 50% chance to a DC 85.

It's good, especially if it's player choices that give the bonus: It adds to engagement when players can go "My choice gave us the bonus for this roll."
>>
>>3047953
ANMQ?
>>
>>3047978
I shit with graphs but thanks for the advice. So it sounds like a +10 to rolls would be a bit too much. But I do agree it's way better when a player can say that they had a hand at influencing success beyond "I rolled really high."
>>3047980
Sorry anon, I don't know which quest that is. I'm running the Star Wars quest but I didn't want to make it sound like I'm asking these questions to advert my game. Just trying to be a decent QM.
>>
>>3047994
It stands fow A New Mutant Quest. NMQ might be a bwttwr abbreviation though.
>>
>>3047996
Oh yeah. I've been meaning to read and catch up on that. Looks pretty damn popular. I don't think I'm quite there in terms of writing though.
>>
>>3047998
Not really all that popular. Like, four people at most vote on most threads not including myself. The qm shills here a lot is all.
>>
>>3048002
Ah ok. I tend to binge read threads on my breaks so there's always tons of votes and discussion on some quests that built up during class.
>>
>>3048002
>Not really all that popular.
I'd disagree. Like Seeker Quest, it receives much more praise and consistent following than votes. But I have no facts to back that up.

>The qm shills here a lot is all.
I make a distinct from Update Alerts, Shilling, and Shit Shilling. Also, there's Akun Shilling, but like the sixth stage of drinking, we won't discuss that now.
>>
>>3048019
Damn it. I typed distinction. Phucking phone posting purgatory.
>>
When starting a quest with a fight to introduce the themes and general flow of combat, do you think picking character class then choosing how the character looks, or vice versa? Ive run the scenario various ways with my test players and half the time they ended up being a little girl with the ability to form a hugeass muscular exosuit and the other half they were this big badass girl who ended up being a mage type class. I'm not sure how to start on here.
>>
What makes a man Samefag in a quest? waifus? A lust for control? Or was he born with a heart full of sameness
>>
>>3048002
>The qm shills here
Mainly updates. As one of those 4 players I shill a hell of a lot here.
>>
>>3048080
This one dude was the only player in my quest and every time I took a break he would spam 1 posts by this ID. They were all one minute after the other and they were all the same vote.
>>
>>3048098
>no replies for an hour
>suddenly 2 replies within 1 min of each other
>the votes cancel each other out
>>
>>3048098
I guess he wanted to make it seem like you had more players I guess
>>
>>3048080
The intense desire to kill other quests. First you write in the dumbest most ooc choice you can think of. Then you use your alts to spam +1, THIS, Supporting until the qm is forced to write that. Cry RAILROAD from a dozen alts if he tries to veto your dumb write in. You keep doing this until the main character is a bipolar schizo and the qm hates his own quest. You then laugh your ass off when the qm finally gives up and drops the quest. This works 90% of the time and I killed over 30 quests kek.
>>
>>3048036
>character class then choosing how the character looks
Also:
QM chosen mc > character selection > character generation > chargen including name, gender, and orientation
>>
>>3048080
This post is Sworn to Velour.
>>
>>3048102
Recently I saw that after 6 hours of dead silence. I was the 2nd poster so I know it was accidental.
>>
>>3048129
I feed on the tears of fools, so your tactics hold no power over me.
>>
File: manual.pdf (341 KB, PDF)
341 KB
341 KB PDF
Can I upload PDFs on this board? If I can, this is also a convenient opportunity to hopefully reap some (You)s to keep me going
>>
>>3048201
this seems pretty interesting, I always wanted to play a skirmish like but that usually requires the player to be available for long periods of time, it would be cool to play a single player campaign, our guys against perils or a powerful army/enemy
>>
>>3048129
Should there be a rule that votes from 1 posts shouldn’t be counted?
>>
File: 1542053692612.jpg (157 KB, 550x800)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
I want to fuck a dark elf
>>
>>3048277
I think so, not just to stop some of the same fagging but to stop drive by voting from none commited players.
>>
>>3048282
What's wrong with drive-by voting?
>>
>>3048277
No. The only time you should do that is if you do suspect samefagging on a contested choice and need a final destination vote.
>>
What text formatting options do OPs have? I've seen people post in blue and red. How do I do that for my games?
>>
>>3048277
I'm solely on mobile and my ID changes constantly since I travel a lot in my day to day. Why should my vote not count?
>>
<Test
>>
>>3048302
You read the damn sticky
>>
>>3048320
[red] Fuck me
>>
>>3048302
>>3048320
Only works for the OP IP.

Also >>>2
Autosage hits after longer than it says. 5 days if I recall. Takes roughly a week to fall off the board.
>>
>>3048323
Get fucked
>>
>>3048280
They do have a certain quality to them.
>>
>>3048283
>committed group of players makes a in character vote
>gets circumvented by a lol random write in backed by people who won't be here in a week
>>
>>3048304
Explain this to the op and get a trip
Anonymous!!whatever
>>
>>3048370
Was the format at least correct OP?
>>
>>3048370
Do it op, say it in red:

Magic does not exist.
>>
>>3048396
I am still waiting for a murder mystery clusterfuck umineko inspired quest.
>>
File: Untitled.png (55 KB, 1322x661)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>3048395
You forgot to end the format. Check my pic

>>3048396
Magic does not exist.
>>
>>3048402
Thank you
>>
We come to perhaps the most important part of any quest.

Naming the main character.

>>3048405
>>3048405
>>
>>3048409
>Naming the main character.
Should've done that yourself, homes.
>>
>>3048413
Of course, but its always an interesting time giving that option to the players.
>>
>>3048450
I grantee you that your actual players wont be the ones who end up naming the character
>>
>>3048450
Hot take here. Feel free to ignore it or call me a faglord, because ultimately what you do is you, and if your time isn't being ruined then it doesn't matter.

Your players are the least well equipped to name a character. Consider that a name is often one of the first things asked after, at a time when players are still trying to grasp a setting. Without a firm hold on what would fit in a setting besides sparse details (A fantasy name would be appropriate? A weeb one? Maybe some nonsense Gundam or Star Wars name?) they'll resort to something safe; boring. Or worse, they'll fuck about and congratulations you're stuck with Harry Long Boehner.

No. Name your characters yourself, give a selection of names/characters, everybody'll be happier in the end. At best it's a superficial aesthetic choice, at worst it spoils everything.
>>
>>3048389
But then I'll use my dozen alts to cry NAMEFAG CANCER and kill your quest xD
>>
>>304845
Potentially, but i have my work arounds and standards.

Plus my player count is so low it probably wont matter, only someone actually interested will probably actually do anything to continue the story, not just joke around.

That and im not against the dude having a silly name, hes kinda a hillbilly type anyways.
>>
>>3048456
You are entirely right, but it the story has progressed far enough without it being given, and i honestly out of all the things was stumped on it myself so wanted to see what id get if i fished.
>>
>>3048409
>Naming the main character.
>inb4 Alex
>>
>>3048469

Let's make that happen
>>
Sworn to ValoUr in 24 hours or so.

>>3048145
>Velour
>>
>>3048388
>>gets circumvented by a lol random write in backed by people who won't be here in a week
If the QM is foolish enough to follow a lulrandumb write-in for a quest that isn't an "Aw Shit Nigger" tier drawquest, then it was doomed to be shit anyway.
>>
>>3048473
Velour indeed.
>>
>>3048473
>Vulur
>>
>>3048469
>>3048471
Why is Alex such a bad/meme name?
>>
To be honest I have always ignored 1 id posters but never said anything. Even in my current quest I plan to do so.

>>3048304
I know this is the case for some people and I feel like I can usually tell if they are active in the quest. But at the same time it creates a lot of confusion for me because It sometimes seems an opinion is much more popular then it actually is.
>>
File: Choose.jpg (318 KB, 1280x1683)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
The first session of Body Horror Quest is live for anyone that wishes to join in.

>>3048494
>>
File: Preview.png (71 KB, 1899x698)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Are there any QMs who would be interested in having a tool for previewing posts with all the formatting before you post them? Actually, does something like this already exist?

Either way, I ended up cobbling a thing together in service of my own plans to start a quest and I wouldn't mind sharing it if anybody else could get some use out of it.
>>
>>3048518
>people who use tomorrow

The OP image was NOT intended for these anons.
>>
>>3048518
Would be useful, but might already be in the op link with the other tools? I haven't checked myself but appreciate the effort and wouldn't mind having it.
>>
>>3048535
>>3048535
>>3048535

Shovelhead quest back around for the evening. Maybe I should get a twitter to shill or something.
>>
>>3048542
>36 posters
nah dawg, you doing fine.
>>
What are some good MC names you know that the players came up with?
>>
>>3048599
Kae
>>
>>3048490
Seems like I've seen it used and suggested far too often, is all.

>>3048599
I was kinda proud of Luvgoin.
>>
>>3048551
If you have less than 50 players, consider killing yourself
>>
>>3048640
>>
>>3048644
Damn dude, you didnt even hesitate.
>>
>>3048533
I don't think I see anything in that link with a tool like this. Regardless, I'll drop a link to it here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ybwfageetmh2zv/QST%20Thing.zip?dl=0
>>
>>3048660
Thanks.
>>
File: hachita.png (4.63 MB, 3000x3000)
4.63 MB
4.63 MB PNG
Could I get some honest feedback on my map? I'm going to be running an exploration and survival-based fantasy quest either here or Anonkun, haven't decided yet.
>>
>>3048811
Just a side note, this isn't an entire continent. It's based on Alaska.
>>
>>3048811
That's quite nice.

Reminds me of higher resolution art from a game from the 90s about taking a primitive tribe and traveling to a lost ancestral land to survive an ice age.
>>
>>3048811
Branching rivers are extremely rare, and ones like the one on the northern coast shouldn't exist at all. It looks like it's flowing uphill.
>>
>>3044287
still no
>>
>>3048811
Get rid of that ugly bevel effect

Otherwise looks good.
>>
>>3048811
Rivers don't branch out so far from the coast
>>
File: hachitanew.png (4.39 MB, 3000x3000)
4.39 MB
4.39 MB PNG
>>3048833
>>3048846
>>3048854

Tried to rework the rivers, made bevel much less intense.
>>
>>3048856
Nice.

I like Valour's Mapbro one better (what bias?), but the handwritten feel of yours is neat.
>>
When should I make another thread if it's lively? At post limit or once you start falling to far pages?
>>
>>3048939
Usually about page nine unless your reach a great break point.
Whatever works.
>>
File: Mekong_river_basin.png (1.16 MB, 800x1069)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>3048811
>>3048856
How does AnonKun community differ from this one?
>map
It's good enough. I find the various degrees of sharpness dissonant, but I gather others would consider it a feature. If you feel like putting more time into it, add fjords to the southeastern coastline.
>rivers
Just study the real deal. There's actually lots of branching but almost always upstream. Keep the lakes though, they are still being underused in fictional settings.
>>
In a good space to pick up and write again finally. Planning on sometime past midnight estbor Friday afternoon. For those that follow Greatest War I've got some questions regarding ideas I've been playing with because I've not been idle this entire time. How would you feel about a duel MC sharing time with Dietrich, a currently unintroduced character. Had some great inspiration awhile back that could be its own quest but that i could and would very easily work into Greatest War.
>>
What are we going to talk about today fellow posters?
>>
>>3049421
>story > prose
>post time > post quality
>regular schedule > frequent schedule
>well-characterized waifus > well-characterized villains
>char-gen > lore-dump
>same-fagging > dead quest
>new content > good content
>(you)s > everything
>>
>>3049427
I disagree with everything

Skub > Anti-skub
>>
>>3049427
That's been discussed to death, let's talk about the REALLY shit. You know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>3049427
>story > prose
>post time < post quality
>regular schedule = frequent schedule
>well-characterized waifus = well-characterized villains
>char-gen = lore-dump
>same-fagging =/= dead quest
>new content < good content
>(you)s =/= everything

The =/= means both are equally bad.
Fite me.
>>
>>3048080
There are two basic types of samefagging.

The first is the man who must absolutely have the quest go their way, and doesn't trust their fellow anons to make it so. This is the typical samefagging people get accused of, especially since the more anons are at odds with each-other about what direction to take the quest, the more likely it is someone will end up with this mind-set. This anon has no care for the fun of the playerbase as a whole and might often be a salty fucker who can't understand how people could enjoy things they don't enjoy. A hint of narcisistic personality disorder might be peppered in there. Else, they most likely put zero value on a long-term questing experience, and instead simply want to see a specific scene or event - most common when we're talking smutty quests or the like though. Finally, they could simply be trolls.

However I have in the past (years ago) samefagged to keep quests alive because I really wanted to read them and didn't want the QMs to give up on the quest or kill the session and wait for later. Typically these were quests that often had small but perfectly okay player-bases of 4 - 5 players, but sometimes ran into dry spells because regulars couldn't show up. I even made sure to delay my samefagging every update to give more players a chance to show up before I added additional votes, and sometimes I'd be able to stop doing it altogether halfway through a session.

Honestly this was what kind of burned me out on quests to a large extent, it gets exhausting keeping a quest going while you also feel bad for misleading the QM into thinking they have more players than they really do (even if there were generally just as many sessions where I never posted as more than one anon). That and shitstorms. I learned to not care about quests so much from these things.
>>
>>3049444
Oh, also I learned that playerbases can be really fucking fickle. There were some quests where one night there'd be a ton of players (20+), and the next there'd be like 3 of us. I'd suspect further samefagging by others to explain the big disparity except there was also a good amount of fanworks being produced of markedly different skill, general discussion and activity in QTGs and the like that doesn't match with samefagging activity, and plenty of triple and quadrouple-posts within a period of 60 seconds or less which makes things more complicated for samefagging purposes. Not impossible but being an expert in the ins and outs of samefagging I find it unlikely.
>>
Made this shitty meme plz no bulli
>>
>>3049449
>Oh, also I learned that playerbases can be really fucking fickle.

Damn shame isn't it?
>>
>>3049450
Heres your fix you addict.
>>
1:30 AM EST. Greatest War will be up and running by then.
>>
>>3049449
>Oh, also I learned that playerbases can be really fucking fickle

Almost as if people have lives that get in the way of sitting for hours questing waiting for updates day after day
>>
>>3049479
>A long time player quits and tells me my quest has gone to shit
I can't stop crying
Please send help
>>
>>3049495
I'm so sorry. I don't know if this is a shitpost or not, but I imagined this happening and my heart broke a little.
>>
>>3046526
>>3046569
Is Orlahil onslaught at least a passable name for >>3046469?
>>
>>3049495
Well? Did your quest go to shit?

Or did that player become shit due to not getting his way?
>>
>>3049495
>>3049444
>>3049479
>fickle players
I'm this anon.
>browse catalog
>quest catches my attention
>find the last OP post detailing a choice
>vote
>only after that start scrolling up, reading more
>reading previous installments on archives while continuing to vote in present thread
>get disinterested after few hours/days
>stop participating
>>
>>3049427
>>well-characterized waifus > well-characterized villains
>>3049436
>>well-characterized waifus = well-characterized villains
But what if the waifus are the villains?
>>
No One Gets Left Behind will update tonight. Stand by.
>>
>>3049521
Then you fufill both roles in one, saving time and space.

Or its yandere and the main character is gonna have a bad time, or a good time against his will.
>>
>>3049568
>>3049568
>>3049568

New Mid Boss Quest is up, let the interrogation begin
>>
>>3049495
Fake post, this has never happened.
>>
>>3049444
>That and shitstorms. I learned to not care about quests so much from these things.
I never understood this response.
>X has Y which is bad. So I learned not to care about X.
Wouldn't it be simpler, more direct, and healthier to care less about Y, if X is enjoyable?
Ignore shitstorms, the foul weather will pass.
>>
>>3049427
>story = prose (prose can help set a mood; no prose makes things bland, but no story is just as bad)
post time > post quality (as long as the simple shit like spelling, capitalization and punctuation are done right)
>regular schedule < frequent schedule (as long as there is advance notice for each run)
>well-characterized waifus < literal garbage < well-characterized villains (waifus are largely a tertiary concern, while villains can have a major effect on story and tone)
>char-gen = lore-dump < literal trash < character select < QM decides the character fromthe get-go (lore should be introduced organically through character conversation or narration/internal soliloquy as areas are visited/people are met
>same-fagging = dead quest (both are equally bad, but for different reasons)
>new content < good content (good is subjective to opinion, and just because something hasn't been done before, doesn't automatically make it good; sometimes there is a reason something hasn't been done before)
>>
Sworn to Valour is up.

>>3049678
>>3049678
>>3049678
>>
How many (You)s did you get today?
>>
>>3049743
Not enough. It's never enough
>>
I know civs and quests seem to have different generals now, but just in case my one player is still here:

Halfling Frontier Civquest is updated
>>3046067
>>
File: 1540065133613m.jpg (128 KB, 737x1024)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>3049763
Dat feel
>>
>>3049515
Dont worry, i dont hate you for this. I accept your fickle nature.
>>
>>3049743
None except in my shitpost quest.
>>
No One Gets Left Behind has started.

>>3050064
>>3050064
>>3050064
>>
Greatest War X is live!

>>3050278
>>3050278
>>3050278
>>
File: dolls.jpg (214 KB, 640x480)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
In 12-13 hours Long Lost Stars #4 continues. What mysteries will the landshark reveal?

Before: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=autistichornedgirls
>>
Is there a drawfag around? Or a good site I can find a one on? Need some some stuff done
>>
What's the easiest to use skirmish coordinate system for hex tiles with 6 sides?
>>
>>3050444
Ping Cegremo. He's the only one I know who did commissions for other QMs.
>>
>>3050446
just (x, y) could do, but it'll be a bitch to figure out the third line.

Use (x, y, z) instead.
https://catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/hex-map/part-1/
>>
File: MarvelQuest.png (960 KB, 579x879)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
Marvel Quest #2 will start running in around 6 hours!

I hope to see you there!
>>
>>3050444
Ive thought about asking a drawfag for a portrait for the protagonist of my setting as well. Ive seen drawfags at b, and tg as well. Havent actually asked any yet tho
>>
>>3050458
archive link for the first thread?
>>
File: thread3.png (44 KB, 1200x600)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
do you guys still do Cultural Civ quests?
I'm kinda tempted to restart one
>>
>>3050470
I read the archives of this one. It seemed really fun.
>>
>>3050444
>>3050451
>>3050460
>not having your own QM be your drawfag friend
get on my level plebs
>>
>>3050466
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/3017320
>>
File: concept.png (27 KB, 787x361)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>3050476
glad you liked it, I spent a lot of time and effort on it!
I was rereading it this morning and I think I railroaded it too much though. I got some ideas to restart from zero with a new and improved formula... If I find the time.
>>
>>3050482
>pic
Doesn't seem to have a lot of potential for cute waifus
How can it be played without the potential for cute waifus?
>>
>>3050460
>>3050444
I'm a drawfag, but it depends on how much stuff you need done. I don't have large project time.
Also depends on if you'd rather find and pay for a better artist.
Pic related was pretty quick and easy.

https://www.deviantart.com/s-a-dfriend/gallery/
>>
>>3050487
What if green female are driders and red females have mutantly huge tiddies
>>
File: green tribe waifu.png (3 KB, 249x234)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>3050487
>>
>>3050492
she's perfect
>>
>>3050492
Does she really have flipper like limbs? Because if that's the case we cannot hold hands with her and THATS A BIG NO NO!
>>
>>3050500
>hold hands with her
Take that smut to Akun.
>>
>>3050492
You've convinced me.

>>3050500
This anon has a point though.
>>
>>3050460
>>3050444
Tell me about the things you want done
>>
>>3050528
I want you to draw a BIG cock. Like massive. The biggest ever.
>>
>>3050562
It must have wings too, so it can traverse the space between asshole to asshole
>>
>>3050565
It is a multidimensional ghost schlong. Quantum assfucking samefags and turning them into average fags.
>>
First draft of my upcoming skirmish. Any feedback is welcome.
>>
>>3050659
Enchantress does the same thing as ambuser but has no requirement to use ability?
>>
Alternate Marvel Quest#2 is live!

>>3050695
>>3050695
>>3050695
>>3050695
>>
Could a drawfag or someone with good mapmaking skills help me with a map of a few cities? I'm thinking like three to flesh out the world to my players

Currently my skill is in MSpaint but I feel bad giving poorly drawn maps with zero detail
>>
>>3050672
Good catch. Gonna change Ambusher trait. Thanks. Abilities cost 1 mana to use - have to write that somewhere I guess..
>>
>>3050659
So you roll dice for a clash if you are in range to attack or not?
>>
why am I so slow at writing
I used to be so much faster
how do I write faster
>>
Greatest War Quest X is live again!

>>3050278
>>3050278
>>3050278
>>
>>3050809
https://www.typingtest.com/
>>
File: wpm.png (45 KB, 426x318)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>3050818
okay maybe the question of my intention was poorly worded
how do I parse what to write faster
>>
>>3050828
Gody, I can only do 49. Unless you are already well employed I would recommend getting a job as a typeset. They make good money for very easy work.

The answer to your question is: Mileage.
>>
>>3050828
Holy crap. How are you doing it, demon?
>>
File: file.png (26 KB, 467x208)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>3050828
hayai
>>
>>3050528
You have a something that i can message you on?
>>
File: float.jpg (149 KB, 642x900)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Long Lost Stars #4 continues. Together we head into weird territory.

>>3036521
>>3036521
>>
File: - o m n i p o t e n c e.png (73 KB, 1166x924)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>3050872
>>3050874
I grew up here. On 4chan. Ten years, since I was 12 years old. You learn a lot, here, but also surprisingly little.
>>
>>3050808
If enemy facing you rolls, you roll too. Perhaps that's not clear from the ruleset..?
>>
>>3050922
Maybe im an idiot, but from what I see it says that the 1st post is the "clash post", do you still make a clash roll if you are not near a enemys?

most of my confusion comes from the fact that MOVEMENT comes from converting your winnings in a clash, so what happens if you dont clash?
>>
>>3050889
If it something simple I may do it for free https://sojournerartblog.tumblr.com/ . It would be a better use of your time if you tell me what that is here before you message me.

If you are looking to spend some money here is some artists that do commission work.

http://cegremo.tumblr.com/
https://91m10.tumblr.com/
http://jooleanf.tumblr.com/
>>
>>3050945
>the fact that MOVEMENT comes from converting your winnings in a clash
Yeah that's a gaping hole I somewhat haven't realized. I'll add a rule specifying movement is a free action if no enemy is in range. Thanks.
>>
>>3050955
I probably shouldn't but I have to ask - Is the girl in the OP pic actually a ladyboy?
>>
>>3050971
No. Sorry, gaylord.
>>
>>3050976
That's not the kind of degenerate I am. Just the way her body is drawn - its seems like a man's body.
>>
>>3050971
>>3050988
You just made an enemy for LIFE.
>>
>>3050988
I concur.
>>

>>3051034
>>3051034
>>3051034
>>
>>3050955
One Piece fishman characters waist up and colored I can give more details later

Dunkleosteus is the type of fish
Body type would be like Arlong's from OP
>>
>>3050955
Hey would you draw the MC of a certain quest when you had time and motivation? Fanart fuels qms to run more often
>>
>>3051044
If I dont read the quest I dont make fan art because I dont know the character, also when reading a story everyone in the quest kinda gets his own idea what the MC looks like in their heads. I wouldn't want to mes with that unless the OP has put out an image of the character.

>>3051041
your best bet is https://91m10.tumblr.com/ for something like that. The moment you bring colour into it it falls outside of my range.
>>
>>3051110
Additionally:
https://www.tumblr.com/search/%23commission you can find people who will work for NOTHING and get some pretty good pieces by looking up artists using #commission

Anything that isnt furry art is a buyers market.
>>
>>3050971
Schrodinger’s benis
>>
>>3051117
That's actually been the problem all the stuff that I've been finding it's just furry art and I don't want that
>>
>>3050528
The one Im thinking of is a young female dark elf, looks to be around 17. I've looked through some different art for dark elves, and none really seemed on point for me, unfortunately. A lot of them are really curvy (which this one isnt all that much), and others have too... strong? faces. Like, willful and glaring or sth. Anyway, nothing has really been on point yet. Ive thought about saving a few pics to give a drawfag directions, ya know? like, "the body of this pic, the facial structure of this one, but with an expression more like this one, and this fourth one is for her hair", and such.
>>
Greatest War Quest X will return tomorrow!
>>
New Lizardfolk Ascendancy Quest is live!

>>3051293
>>3051293
>>
>>3051264
>elves

gaaaay
>>
>>3051016
>>3050988
>Just the way her body is drawn - its seems like a man's body.
Nah.
I mean, her shoulders are pushed up and her hair covers the angle, making them look broad, but that torso is all female.

She's got some Popeye forearm action going on though.
>>
File: 2mqboa.jpg (44 KB, 667x500)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Post /qst/ reaction images!

>mfw I play a DC comics fanfic quests
(No matter how well done)
>>
File: What could go wrong.jpg (45 KB, 594x383)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>3051532
This one works for any quest.
>>
File: Capture.png (66 KB, 467x361)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>3050818
It went outside the scale
>>
File: 1542143083760m.jpg (126 KB, 501x1024)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>3051532
>How a quests playerbase becomes over time/with growth.
>>
File: shipping in quests.png (159 KB, 1280x998)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>3051532
>When the players try to pair up NPCs
>>
File: PURGE.gif (41 KB, 422x612)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
>>3051532
>>
File: Teddy Guche.png (133 KB, 500x229)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>3051532
>>
File: 1486149101383.png (343 KB, 1024x1024)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>3051667
That guy wouldn't be out of place in EYE Divine Cybermancy. Nice artwork.

Speaking of artwork, Do Your Best thread starts tomorrow afternoon!
>>
File: 1539097565556.webm (613 KB, 500x374)
613 KB
613 KB WEBM
Pokémon Urban Quest is live.

>>3051659
>>3051659
>>3051659
>>
>>3049735
Howdy folks, there's a fun little RP going on over here that could benefit from a few more players. If you're interested, why not hop in and see if you want to gen a character?
>>
RIP Okami quest.
>>
>>3051719
I dont know... I dont want to play if later some guy is going to show up and call himself big nig daddy and you guys let him play only to have him leave after shitting up the game.
>>
>>3051532
fuck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ON8dcq-IiQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
>Write a reply and give players 3 possible options to choose.
>Go to sleep, return 8 hours later
>No replies

WHY LIVE
>>
>>3052212
what quest
>>
>>3052212
wait nevermind lmao, one replied a few minutes ago.
>>
>>3051580
kek that Slovenian just ruefully playing accordion

>>3051532
Capeshit quest?
Was really involved with that one, but it already went to shit
>>
New content, new thread.
New dangers.

>>3052252
>>3052252
>>
>>3052263
>starting a quest at 09:30 GMT
Bold
>>
>>3052271
Kek its 3am here.
Ive not had the time i start/post an update matter so far, but it is the weekend so maybe it would be different.

Im also a night owl.
>>
>>3052103
That's a fair enough concern, there was already at least one guy who tried to go full retard with it, but he didn't stick around. At the very least the two of us who have actually participated so far are taking it seriously.
>>
>>3052374
How can you take seriously a quest what that OP pic?
>>
>>3052388
'serious' is somewhat subjective. Something can be a 'sillier' quest while still having a certian tone and boundaries to adhere to, thus taking it 'seriously' is staying within said parameters.
>>
>>3052271
What do you think its the best time to start a quest?
>>
>>3052402
12-6pm?
>>
>>3052404
...of what timezone?
>>
>>3052406
I'd say Central US but that's where I live so I'm pretty biased
>>
>>3052402
1800 GMT

You will tap right into EU evening which will carry it into West Coast prime where it will peak, coming strong into East Coast. If you don't believe me check at what times are the most upvoted threads on askreddit made, or check the online graphs of EvE Online.
>>
>>3052402
>>3052411

Or you could check this: https://4stats.io/

Pretty handy tool to gauge when to start a quest.
>>

>>3052486
>>3052486
>>3052486
>>
>>3052571

Wars of the Free continues with Chapter 14: The Chopping Block
>>
How do you get back in the mood to continue a quest? I've had the next update nearly finished for 4 days but I've barely written a line since. I do want to continue even though my thread hit archive with less than 40 posts (I didn't really make the OP interesting enough) but I've just been playing games and looking at anime titties.
>>
>>3052708
Just have to get writing. Listen to music or look at what got you interested in running your quest in the first place.
>>
>>3052708
Did you enjoy running the quest?
>>
>>3052708
Listen to them.

>>3052769
>Did you enjoy running the quest?
"What do I really want from [activity]?"
"Am I getting that from doing [activity]?"
"If not, can I better achieve it by changing how I do [activity]?"
I've seen many people waste years of their lives chasing shadows in their hobbies by never asking themselves these questions.
But if you enjoyed it, or parts of it, there is something to focus on and pursue.

>>3052715
>Just have to get writing.
100% true when it comes to writing. Read and expose yourself to inspiration, but then shut off distractions, and tiddies, and just start writing. And keep writing.
>>
>>3052797
>not asking «Should I dump [activity] and find something which will fulfill me more?»
>>
>>3052803
Is there anything more fulfilling than a (you) thought?
>>
For >>3052901r life, maybe.
>>
Depressing Update. But still an update.

>>3053043
>>3053043
>>
The Game of Life Quest is live again with a new thread.
>>3053188
>>3053188
>>3053188
>>
File: underwater.jpg (810 KB, 2880x1800)
810 KB
810 KB JPG
(Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3apYfn05c)

Long Lost Stars #4 is up again.

>>3036521
>>3036521

UMI DA
>>
Do Your Best is running again!

>>3053311
>>3053311
>>3053311
>>
Am I slightly retarded or is /qst/ not on here?
>>
File: 4chan.png (30 KB, 817x322)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>3053467
>>
File: extreme penis.png (37 KB, 948x410)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>3053467
Anon, what?
pic related + guy above me
>>
File: hachitanew.png (4.69 MB, 3000x3000)
4.69 MB
4.69 MB PNG
This is probably the last time I consult with you folks on this. Do you think the map is fine in its current state? I might go with this.

I was going to add names to all the places and some kind of distance/scale reference, but I think it's better for an exploration quest if everything is vague. I might do a fog of war in the quest that's based on conjecture, and the accuracy of whatever chunk of the map I show is based on some kind of perception check. Then again, I don't know that it'll be that gamey. Or if I'll even run this, because it may not be interesting to anyone.

Maybe I'll go to Anonkun.

Decisions, decisions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>3052769
I like the idea. The story has already diverted into a direction different from what I thought but it was still flowing well. One of the reasons it was going so slowly was lack of participants though. Waiting for votes and only getting 1 or 2 it's a bit feh.
>>
>>3053487
You're vague enough that I don't know exactly what to input on.

The map's okay, but I don't know what your application of it will be. A fog of exploration is an interesting idea that I've only seen explored in sci-fi, here and on /tg/, with only few memorable exceptions.

Is the premise itself exploration, or is there a character reason behind the exploration premise? It's fine if you don't want to say, sometimes those things can be unnecessary spoilers or player generated after all.

As far as interest, exploration tends to be its own reward if players feel like the character is worth investing in. That's something that, unfortunately, a lot of people running games in genuinely interesting worlds don't approach very well. The world can be super interesting, but if the thing you play is just sorta "there" it ain't enough, y'know?

I only have opinions, but If I were to run a fantasy exploration quest I wouldn't have it be in bumfuk medieval hellhole #4133.14, and If I were to play one I wouldn't want to be meleemook 7, or magepenis 4. You mentioned survival earlier. I won't ask what that entails, because the basic idea of having to survive alongside another goal is already a good accessory to things. Most quests with adventure have it inherently in some respect- food, water, time limits, necessary advancement or necessary retreat, and intriguing rewards associated with the risks of exploring the unknown. You just need to have the skill to make interesting choices relevant to both, and if you've played fun survival settings you probably already have that basis to build off of.

As for specific interest, I'd love to play a super fantastical death continent exploration quest. If this isn't that, I'm only one person. You should still run what will be fun for you to run.
>>
>>3053569
I'm thinking that I'd zoom in pretty far on the map and mark a few things that the character finds, then zoom out in later posts as the character explores more, with a fog covering everything that hasn't been seen. It's a lot bigger than it seems; it's about exactly the size of Alaska.

I want to use player motives as a vehicle for exploration. Living up here would be extremely difficult, so although I have "comfiness" and self-reflection themes in mind, I would also have plenty of ways to motivate players to keep moving. (weather, natural threats, monsters, etc)

Players would choose between a few pre-made characters that each have their own goal. One is a hunter paid by the eastern colonists to move to the country and help their community, another is a homesteader in over his head, a deserter evading the authorities, and others.

I've developed the characters a lot, and I've thought a lot about how I can connect players to the world when there would surely be a lot less character interaction than most quests.

It's also not a medieval world (it's more Victorian), but it's fantasy. I have my own monsters and animals in mind. Werecreatures are the main monster threat this far north. As for survival mechanics, I made a system based on preparation (passive bonuses and detriments) and effort (users apply their own modifier to a roll that adds or subtracts from an energy pool).

There would be something about ancient civilizations that once inhabited the land and mythical creatures in there as well. Being far from civilization, the land would be brutal and untamed, but there are also plenty of rewards for those who take on the risk.

If it gives you any idea of what I'm going for, I got the idea for this quest after playing The Long Dark (survival mode) and the Red Dead Redemption games.

Sorry if that's not super coherent (I'm typing pretty carelessly because I'm doing some other stuff at the same time). As I'm sure you've realized, I haven't fully figured this out yet. My quests usually die due to low participation, so I'm trying to find the way I can best maximize that while also sticking to my original vision for the tone and story.
>>
>>3052797
Tiddies can be a huge distraction. Or small, if you're into that.
>>
>>3053467
O U S T E D
Welp, we all knew this day would come. The haters won.
>>
>>3053659
I'll play it.
>>
>>3051844
>>3051844
>>3051844

Happy Death Game! is updated
>>
>>3052250
I meant most every DC quest I've played. All but Suicide Squad had teen protagonists. I just can't care anymore about teen issues or perspectives.
I skipped Capeshit Quest because it seemed like the QM was a "till I get bored" type.

>>3052115
Hey, just one anon's opinion.
>>
/qtg/ IS DEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDD
>>
>>3054357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4hnA8jXwo
>>
>>3054357
No its just on page 6 with its bump timer run out so no ones seeing it get new posts via catalogue.

That and alot dont have much to talk about besides getting more interest in their quest updates.

Dont complain its dead, inject some life into it if you so feel it needs it.
>>
>>3054357
More than I, if truth were told,
Have stood and sweated hot and cold,
And through their reins in ice and fire
Fear contended with desire.
Agued once like me were they
I like them shall win my way
Lastly to the bed of mould
Where there's neither heat nor cold.
But from my grave across my brow
Plays no wind of healing now,
And fire and ice within me fight
Beneath the suffocating night.
>>
File: 1473603720674.jpg (657 KB, 900x1400)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
>>3053698
DFC 4lyfe
>>

>>3055069
>>3055069
>>3055069
>>
Anyone around?
>>
>>3055136
what up?
>>
>>3055142
Just checking if anyone is around

Overmaster Updated
>>3055168
>>
I'm not around.
I'm a straight.
>>
File: sxb9729e.png (9 KB, 272x370)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
if 4channel actually becomes a real thing im leaving /qst/ and starting a sfw quest on akun
>>
>>3055677
Okay?

I'