[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1b3.png (997 KB, 680x1209)
997 KB
997 KB PNG
You say millenials are no worse than any generation before them but they are. Kids these days are literally worse than any kids before.

One example that we can prove empirically is bedtime. I've noticed that teens today stay up incredibly late even if they had to go to school. Going to bed at 2-4am is considered normal these days and their parents never seem to mind. They get a few hours of sleep and try to survive with that - no wonder they're stupid.

This is all because social media and the Internet fucks up your brain so that you literally can't sleep until your brain thinks it's had enough entertainment for the day. Know that feel? It's a 1am, you're not even doing anything, you just stare at the screen and wish for something fun to happen. This is actually a more serious phenomenon that people realize. The dopamine boosts that social media gives you are addictive.
A friend of mine once proposed that our species will eventually die of sleep deprivation. Each generation demands more entertainment and at one point you can't even sleep because you just want more and more lulz, attention and fun.
>>
In the 90's you'd go to bed at 10pm because there was no entertainment like the Internet.
There was nothing to do so you would just sleep. Now there's an endless amount of entertainment at any given hour of the day.
>>
>>46740702
Alright, then how about kids who don't have social media?
Why are they up till 4 am?
Maybe you should just get your fucking boomer self under a train.
>>
File: Barbaar.jpg (12 KB, 184x184)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>46740702
Reddit spacing too.
>>
>>46740741

>Alright, then how about kids who don't have social media?

Do they even exist?
If they do, they just play Habbo hotel, Overwatch or something else till dawn.
Kids with the Internet don't sleep.
>>
True OP. I haven't slept outside of the 2AM-3AM range in months. I want to stop but I have nothing else in my life.
>>
>>46740702
The concept of bedtime is ridiculously stupid. Why would you force someone to go to bed if they're not sleepy? All it does is keep them spinning in bed till 2AM anyways, time they could be having fun. It never took me more than 15mins to fall asleep because I always go to bed qhen I get tired. The few times I tried going to bed early to get the vaunted 8h of sleep all I did was fall into some weird limbo shit where you're neither awake nor asleep. When i woke up I felt more tired than after my typical 5-6 hours of sleep
>>
>>46740806
>time they could be having fun.

The idea that constant fun around the clock, even at midnight, is your basic human right is killing the planet.
Your mindset is the cancer that's eating us away.

>Why would you force someone to go to bed if they're not sleepy?
I know a guy who fucked his biological clock so bad he can't function normally in society anymore because he sleeps whenever.
He's 35 and been unemployed his whole life, just sits at home complaining and whining.
>>
>>46740847
These would be good arguments anywhere else but here, desu. You can't win this one.
>>
>>46740806
While I agree with this anon to a certain extent, you really have to force yourself to sleep if you're going to be going to school or work. People that can operate on less than 6 hours of sleep are filthy energy drink/drug users.
>>
>>46740847
>I know a guy who fucked his biological clock so bad he can't function normally in society anymore because he sleeps whenever.

This.
We're gonna see a lot of these people in the future.
I've always maintained a somewhat constant sleep cycle and I'm glad. Not all of my friends could wake up at 6am, they're NEETs and literally couldn't do it. I have an unemployed friend who wakes up at 2pm every day and it's a pain in the ass when we're trying to go on a road trip or something.
I just know that when their welfare checks stop coming, they're dead meat. If you're a NEET long enough, there's no return. You've hardwired your brain to sleeping only when you're sleepy. In life you need to sleep when your boss lets you, and that's during the night. Sad but true.
>>
>>46740880
>People that can operate on less than 6 hours of sleep are filthy energy drink/drug users.

I'm a high-IQ individual and I absolutely require 8 hours of sleep every night.
I've always had a theory that people who sleep 2-5 hours nightly are idiots. Their brains are simpler than mine so they need less sleep.
And from what I've seen, this is true in most cases. Filthy "sex, drugs, work" normies don't need that much sleep.
>>
>>46740847
You've got the cause and effect all wrong. Most people have structured sleep cycle because they have jobs or school, not the other way around. It's not like job interviewer will ask you to prove you can doze one off from 9PM to 6AM

>>46740880
I never drink that shit or do drugs. I drink coffee but only for pleasure since I'm wide awake the moment I get up and it does nothing to keep me awake in the evening. I could have a cup at 1:30AM and be fast asleep at 2:00AM

>>46740949
Many of the world's greatest minds were known to sleep only a few hours at night. Tesla, Napoleon, Fermi, Ford. Churchill Stalin and Hitler all slept at erratic times, few hours at a time and worked late into the night
>>
File: 1469739943675.jpg (192 KB, 1039x1365)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
I always went to sleep late because that was when all the girls gone wild shit would start.

Also not true, remember playing pokemon silver late at night as a kid
>>
nigga when did you grow up that this is a new thing?
>>
>>46741051
>Tesla

You provided only one great mind.

I love it how IQ 80 normies who just fuck and party all night think they're Tesla because they sleep 2 hours a night just like he did.
>>
>>46741308
Nowhere did I say I was akin to Tesla, only invoked his particular example to counter your broad sweeping statements.
I'm starting to think your claims of high IQ are simple bluster.
Also
>claims high IQ
>never heard of Fermi
>>
It's like 90% of modern people go to sleep late and wake up late.

This annoys me because I wake up at 8am and I have to wait like 7 hours for my friends to get up.
Fucking lazy fucks GET UP.
>>
Yet another "internet is bad" post. Not every millennial does this. You tell it like the entire world except for boomers does this. This is nothing new, nobody cares
>>
>>46740806
It is worth noting that our technology is disrupting our circadian rhythm, so there is a precedent for not using screens or blue lights after certain times
>>
>>46741074
I think I do it because as a kid I was hooked on my PC and tv, but I continued to do it for the guaranteed alone time.
>>
>>46741308
>claims to have high iq
>is retarded
every fucking time.
>>
>>46740847
>The idea that constant fun around the clock, even at midnight, is your basic human right
What I do in my freetime which is not illegal is my human right to do though.
>>46741051
>Hitler
>literally allowed D-day to succeed because he was sleeping and couldn't give the order to move the Panzer divisions in Paris to Normandy
>These divisions could be moved only by his direct order because his generals disagreed where they should be
>>
Hitler forced his little 13 onshlaughten to bed every nacht by AIGHT AHEM SHARPEN!!!!
its the devices. my 3 yr old can stay up past 12 if I give her a tablet. the internet is a curse
>>
>>46740806
are the people who post on this board 12 years old or something?
this is exactly the kind of argument you would formulate against bedtime if you were a literal child
>>
File: 1529194998826.jpg (194 KB, 726x724)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>46740702
Past midnight is the only time i can get comfy because people barge in my room non-stop.
I should move out soon.
>>
>>46741875
I can't speak to your second point, but I feel like you are being intentionally obtuse, just because it is your basic right doesn't mean it is good for you in any way
>>
File: 1473390151843.png (96 KB, 192x193)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>46740702
Yeah, but i'm heavily depressed and if i don't distract myself all i think about is how to kill myself.
I don't want to die, Anon.
>>
>>46740702
>>46740702
>The dopamine boosts that social media gives you are addictive.
So what youre saying is we should never have fun amd only work? Nice try schlomo
>>
File: 1531321312822.jpg (23 KB, 400x400)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>46742985
>implying that isn't the masterplan
You go to work to be able to go to work.
Fun?
You had your childhood
And you have the weekends.
Now go work for 50-60 years until you reach your 70s and can't do shit anymore.
>>
Wagecucking is shit, but there is such a thing as good labor. What is fun doesn't necessarily improve your life or even make you a happier person.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.