[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1438749462150.jpg (32 KB, 500x410)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
did you have any grandparents that served in WWII? what did they do?
>>
>>48128328
yea gramps was a bomber pilot in wwII and korean war. total chad. left my grandma and his 3 daughters for a mistress. grandma became bitter miserable cunt and never remarried. kicked her three daughters out and the most psychotic one became my mom.

what a chad
>>
>>48128328
>grandparents

That war was almost 80 years ago.
>>
>>48128386
and some of us are old and had grandparents that served in it, and families that don't reproduce in high school,what's your point man
>>
>>48128328
My grandpa was a motorcylce courier for the Canadian Army during the second world war
>>
>>48128386
I'm 20 years old, my father is 65 and his father would be ~96 if he was alive today, and he indeed served for his country in WWII.

4chan is for people over 18 kid
>>
>>48128328
My dad's dad was in the Polish army and then wound up in the Soviet army. Just a typical soldier, though apparently was an amazing shot.
>>
>>48128386
>t. 12 year old with 25 year old parents and 40 year old grandparents
>>
>>48128476
That's not the norm. My grandfather was born in 1931 so there's no way he fought in WWII.
>>
>>48128503
I'm older than most of this board at a venerable old age of 27.
>>
No they were too young
Palestine tho
>>
Both grandpas were in the air force during WW2. both died when I was very young so I don't know too much other than that.
>>
My family was heavily involved in partisan action during the occupation of our territory.
>>
>>48128539
I'm 29 and my gramps died in 2008. He was on the Yorktown. I didn't make this thread to trigger youngfags that descend from rodent people, I just thought it might be an interesting topic to discuss among the usual drivel that's posted here.
>>
>>48128328
One great grandfather served in the chair force. He was held prisoner of war by the Nazis. He eventually escaped in the middle of the night, stole a truck from a nearby farm and hauled ass away from there. Sadly he died a few years before I was born.

Another great grandfather was in the navy. I don't quite remember what he did but I'm sure he could tell you. He's 93 and sharp as a tack aside from being basically blind.
>>
>neutral country
nah man
>>
>>48128328
One grandpa was Anti Air support in the late stages of the war, being only 8 years old
>>
>>48128588
Swiss? Swedish?
>>
>>48128328
Not that I know of. My grandparents were all born during the war or after I think. As for my great grandparents, I know one of them was in the navy. Though I have no idea if he fought in WW2 or not
>>
fought in north Africa, got captured by Germans, escapes on the way to Germany, lived in Italy for a year got across the alps, got captured again
>>
>>48128328
My grandfather was a black man who went to war with Nazis to fight for a country that hated him. So did a lot of other black guys in an attempt to prove their American-ness to a bunch of Ellis Island immigrants who came over last week.
>>
Not grandparents, they are boomers. Great grandfather and alll his brothers are from Guam and they all joined the military when the US liberated them from Japanese occupation. My great grandfather was a cook on a navalship. Never met him, but I did meet his brother who was a marine.
>>
My grandfather was on the German side of the war.

His job was to take out tanks. He lurked near roads with a magnetic mine. Then, when a tank drove by, he ran to it, latched the mine to it and ran away to watch it explode.

Sounds pretty cool being a tank assassin.
>>
My great grandpa served in the US Army. I have his M1 Garand and his canteen.
>>
>>48128328
Great grandfather on mother side was German field surgeon, brother of my great grandmother was straight up SS-Soldat.
Don't know about the others.
>>
Great grandad was a radio repairman in the jungles of New Guinea I think, he had the job of going around to different outposts and making sure that their equipment wasnt fucking up, pretty crazy job having to evade japs while traversing a jungle alone. Also have a great great uncle who fought in WW1
>>
My grandfather was present at Pearl Harbor during the bombings
>>
>>48128328
My great-grandfather was pressed into Red Army service in 1941
>>
>>48128328
My great grandpa died in the holocaust at the tender age of 8.
>>
>>48128328
My grandfather was in the 442nd infantry which was almost entirely Japanese Americans. They suffered a ton of casualties but grandpa was a cook so he wasn't in the line of fire.
>>
I have a great uncle that fought for the Polish army against the Nazis, he was a tank crewman , after the war he relocated to Canada. My grandmother and her brother came to Canada at the start of it, they left their parents behind and came as children
>>
>>48128328
Not WWII, but my grandpa was a Minesweeper in Korea
>>
>>48128328
He was sent to Mobile AL to learn to become an airplane mechanic. After that, he stayed there to teach classes to other mechanics. Then, he was put on a plane to China, to join the ground crew for the Flying Tigers. When his plane landed in China, they were informed that a nuclear bomb had been dropped on Japan. He was sent back to the US within a month and discharged. He had served a total of about 3 years.
>>
Great-grandfather from my father's side fought in Monte Cassino, in the actual successful take by the Poles. He told me that when they captured it the Brits wanted to take down the Polish flag that they hung up, and the Poles told them that they will shoot them if they try. True story. He also saw the famous soldier bear, Wojtek, pic related. He came back to Poland from the UK in '47 and basically as soon as he came off the ship, he was arrested and put into jail for 8 years. He was paranoid of the commies till the day he died.

The great grandfather from my mother's side fought against the Soviets, he was captured and sent to a Gulag, after he served his sentence he walked back from around the area of lake Baikal back to Poland. Then he was part of the AK (anti-commie underground army), killed a few Ukrainians and then participated in Operation Vistula where he forcefully migrated Ukrainians.

Both of them died peacefully in their beds sometime after Poland stopped being communist.
>>
>>48129377
forgot Wojtek, pic related is him wrestling with the soldiers
>>
>>48128476
In 25, my dad is 57, my grandfather is 85.
>>
File: herewegoagain.jpg (38 KB, 500x389)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>48128328
yup both my great grandfathers fought in the east
both basically volksgrenadier one went mia near stalingrad and the other fell in berlin
>inb4 volksgrenaiere didn't fight in stalingrad(both were drafted and they really just renamed the units)
and my grandfather on my mother's side build u-boot batteries and after the factory was bombed he served as a flakhelfer(AA crew)
>pic somewhat related
>>
File: file.png (330 KB, 506x800)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
>>48129377
The Brits got scared and decided to hang their flag beside ours on a broom.
>>
>>48128328
Brazilian Expeditionary Forces. Served as a lightweight mortar operator on the italian front near the end of the war. After the war was over he came back and was hailed as a hero in the small city he was born, quit the military soon afterwrds and them opened a textile shop
>>
File: communist spurdo.jpg (46 KB, 517x488)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
My grandpa was part of the Voronezh Front/1st Ukrainian Front

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.