[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1507412483617.png (695 KB, 777x512)
695 KB
695 KB PNG
>just found out I missed an online test worth 25% of my overall grade for a course that was supposed to be a bird

How is everyone doing?
>>
>>50921720
good. final semester and only one real serious course, the rest are 100s so ive been playing a lot of etrian odyssey and drinking lately
>>
Got a group project that's going to absolute shit, bros. Started with a group of 4 (myself included). One of the fuckers dropped out without telling any of us in advance so his share of the work got dumped on us. Another guy is just completely ghosting us; he reads everything in the group chat but never responds or does any of his share of the work. The only other guy besides me does do his fair share, but he's thick as shit so I end up having to correct/edit most of what he does.

This is such bullshit. College meme is absolutely not worth it.
>>
>>50921720
Just apologize to your professor and ask if you can take it for partial credit or if there's something you can do for extra credit.
>>
>>50921820
I thought about telling him I was very sick over the weekend (which I was, and still am), but he'd surely ask for a doctor's note (which I don't have).
>>
File: c7c.png (98 KB, 612x491)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>50921720
None of the girls here are worth a long-term commitment and idk what to do
>>
>tfw probably got a 19-20 on the ACT because brainlet

Looks like I'll never be a unifag anons.
>>
>>50921863
What's the real reason you didn't take it? Did you just forget? Don't feel like you have to bullshit people. It's probably not that big of a deal for him to let you take. Uni professors in general don't really give a fuck.
>>
>>50921883
Don't worry lad. Most of us going to uni go because of familial pressure anyway. There's plenty of good opportunities in the trades. If all else fails just use your brainletism as an excuse for sweet and comfy neetbux
>>
>>50921883
Just say you're Native American. You could be president one day.
>>
>>50921720
Go to a business school, so obv all the girls are pretty (and gold diggers).

My autism and my inability to talk to them makes me reeeeeeeeee
>>
Can you post more uni wojaks?
>>
>>50921960
>trades
It's not 2010-2014 anymore lad
Trades got mobbed and suffer the same issue of too many people now along with boomers holding onto their positions until death
>>
Which stem majors have the most girls? Anything else than bio?
CS and physics are sausagefests
>>
File: 1549069992897.jpg (71 KB, 626x631)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>50921720
>mfw I just found out that all my classes are cancelled tommorow.
Noice.
>>
>>50921980
I have zero native American ancestry. I think you need proof of ancestry.

>>50921960
Most Trades are a meme and you still need to be decently smart for decent trades like electrician. I might be able to get NEETbux because I have autism (asperger's) and ADHD. But I have no employment history and have a wealthy family so I'm not sure. Neet or minimum wage is probably the only option for someone like me.
>>
>>50922441
Psychology is full of women, which says quite a bit about the field.
>>
>>50922679
It's not stem though
>>
>>50922696
Shit, you're right. Psychfags always get mad when you tell them that.
>>
>>50921720
>have an exam tomorrow
>can't bring myself to study for it
>>
>>50921953
>What's the real reason you didn't take it?
It's pretty stupid honestly, but its because I didn't know it was due last night. I received an email about it on Friday, but I didn't check. I also haven't attended the last 4 lectures.
>Don't feel like you have to bullshit people
I spent all of high school bullshitting my teachers, but I'll try to break away from that habit.
>>
>>50923003
>exam about IR, NMR and Mass spectroscopy in 14 hours
>asked a girl in my course for advice
>discovered that I did all 90 exercises our professor gave us without knowing 80% of the intervals
>Anxiety rising by the minute
>>
>>50921720
I am slowly dying with anxiety
the girl I asked out said no
I guess at least I asked her out so theres that
>>
>continuing to apply for grad school
>interview for a program
>it can take 10-12 people a year
>11 of us show up to the 1 interview day
>I didn't get in
God fucking damnit if you could only imagine the rage right now.
>>
>>50922696
It can be. There's science-psychology which is more statistics oriented and social-science-psychology which is more "Freudian" and patholigizing Conservatives oriented.
>>
About ready to kill myself. Haven't had any meaningful human contact since last semester. The only thing holding me back is that my frat would look bad
>>
>tfw semester is starting in a week
I don't want to go back, bros. This time was bad enough, I went home in the middle of the exam period and have to retake every course from last semester because of this. I just want it to be over.
>>
I'm so unhappy here. I don't know why the fuck I picked this path.
>sleep schedule is fucked beyond repair
>eating habits and hygiene destroyed
>always anxious about assignments
>classes are unbearably difficult and I can't grasp hardly any of the material, yet everyone else gets by with ease
>I only have one year left and then that's my degree, despite having learned nothing
>can't get an internship because I always am so awkward with the interviewers
>maybe 2-3 good friends, spent the last 2 years with no friends
>miss my parents every day
I hate it so much. I'm not gonna make it in this life.
>>
>>50921720
>taking bare minimum credit hours for full time since I'm graduating in the Spring
>need to do a paper due at midnight for something I have almost negative interest in
>been completely burned out since winter exams, still haven't found a job for when I leave this place since I have no interest in grad school
>literally did a double major because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, still have no idea what I want to do. the closest thing to an idea is getting a comfy bank job
>no friends or references, everyone had their friend groups after a week and a half into the first semester at my dorms. moved out and into an apartment starting my junior year
fuck me. i'd consider grad school but imo it's just an excuse to not work for another 3-7 years and slave away at schoolwork. the few people I've talked to about that either feel the same way or are clearly hiding it, considering that the salary gains vs loan costs aren't anywhere near worth it
>>
>>50921720
I wish I was uni all my classes are only avaiable online and my professors are cunts that wont answer their emails
>>
>Be me
>typical r9k shut-in
>Have to do basic math assignment with partner
>EzPz
>He tells me to meet him at 530 to work on it
>He is late, so invites me to dining hall for dinner first
>Bumps into like 4 people he knows on the way there, we end up eating together with all of them
>The socialization physically exhausts me by the end of a 30 minute meal
How do normies do this every day?
>>
File: 1486504785404.gif (1.41 MB, 280x210)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
>>50921720
>Started uni today
>Got an email saying i must work as a trainee for at least two years in order to graduate
>Live in the fuck of middle of nowhere villa
>The nearest school is 3km away

How the fuck i am going to work as a trainee in a fucking school that is 3 kilometers away from my fucked up house
>>
>>50924580
Did you do any internships anon? If so you could ask the professors you researched with for some connections. They sometimes are a ton more connected than they look
>>
>>50923173
Just say you were sick and therefore forgot about the test. Apologize for missing it and ask if there's any way to get at least partial credit. If he says no, then you're just back to where you started, so you have nothing to lose.
>>
>>50921720
Start treating Uni like a job. Get on a consistent routine, eat right, sleep well, go to the gym, wake up early and crank out 8hrs a day and then chill. Stop procrastinating and letting the whole rigmarole of uncertainty stress you out. Stop tying your self worth to your grades, positive feedback and recognition by others. Focus on being better in mind and body a little everyday. Focus on getting educated and skilled. Fuck thots and be ascetic. Make it a mission to graduate in 4 years. Don't let procrastination be an option. Have a core focus but also a breadth and depth of knowledge outside your chosen area. Don't downplay writing skills and other non-STEM subjects such as philosophy, history and classics. I did literally the opposite of this and I am warning you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikigai
>>
File: 1549766910931.jpg (18 KB, 320x320)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Im proving to myself that im a failure. I had three weeks to right a 5 page paper and i have 4 days left. Why did i think i was cut out for uni. Why are all the great careers locked behind a stupid degree.
>>
>>50924869
I've started this, 3rd year. It's never too late
>>
>>50923920
How are you in a frat and have no human contact?
>>
>>50924895
If your college has an english tutoring center go there. Legit they get half your shit done for you because they have to deal with all the illiterate jocks
>>
Are there any comfy, brain-dead jobs I can get with a CS degree?
>>
>>50925087
I'm considering doing something like this once I graduate. I don't care if I have a salary much lower than the average CS graduate, I'm just not very ambitious
>>
>>50924813
I tried to get internships but failed at that. That was the issue I was having before, so now I'm just saying fuck it and trying to find a job. There is a required "career course" for one of my majors that I took a year ago, but it was completely fucking useless. Some of the speakers gave conflicted advice, and honestly I'm probably just going to go to my uni's career center later.

It did nothing but piss me the fuck off because of how those assignments were structured. One assignment had you turn in your resume, and you'd get criticism/improvements that you could make to it, and everyone just got bitched at. One of the "Criticisms" that a classmate had was that she didn't have enough workplace references or past job experience, despite the fact that she was an international student that fled north korea or some other shithole like that when the assignment was for how to get a temp job in town at a place like McDicks.

Fuck team taught courses. I have no idea why the fuck my uni thought it was a good idea to have some courses have 7+ professors for a class like this, since it's a fucking meme idea that only works for certain gen-eds where having that many professors could actually be helpful.

the university reddit had people bitching about it once and it got swept under the rug by mods, and you bet your ass that a lot of us reported that class come evaluations.
>>
File: 1549936186548.webm (129 KB, 480x298)
129 KB
129 KB WEBM
>>50921720
>3-5" of snow forecast tomorrow at a commuter school
>"lol no notifications on the website until tomorrow at 6am, we're closely monitoring the situation :^)"
>other schools already getting delayed opening til noon or closed
>first class isn't until 11am
>>
File: 1543811080910.jpg (52 KB, 380x380)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>Information doesn't get stuck in my brain unless I study everything daily
>4 out of the 7 days of the week I'm busy as fuck and can't afford to do it without losing a ton of sleep
>The remaining 3 days is just studying if I want to break even
I should had never listened to my parents and just stayed in trades
>>
File: 1549758215409.jpg (113 KB, 882x731)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>50924954
Thank ypu for the advice. Ill try it.
>>
File: courage.jpg (53 KB, 500x375)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>50925200
>3 to 5 inches
>close down schools
what the fuck are you talking about and where in the hell do you live that you get classes canceled over that little snow? unless you fucking typo'd that and meant feet, and even then that's not that much
>t. midwest
>>
>>50925295
it's not a lot and shit didn't use to close down when i was in school for that little unless we were getting at least a foot. but they've fucked up things with insurances, injuries, and school buses so they close earlier now. i just want to be able to sleep in more.

it's an urban area and things get really fucked up for parking and traffic, 15 minute ride taking 3+ hours just to get back home. i'd prefer to avoid that if i can.
>>
>>50925112
I relate so much, anon.
>>
>>50921863
Just apologize and admit you fucked up. Nobody is perfect and taking ownership will give you the best chances.
>>
>>50921720
>would be my last semester but i skipped a class all semester and ended up dropping it because I'm lazy af
Now i have to go another semester for 1 fucking class... I prefer school to working full-time so its w/e.
>>
>>50921720
Last semester I got a C in my Speech class bc I missed the midterm and 2 journal entries out of forgetfulness. My GPA for that semester would've been closer to 4.0 had I done those assignments.

I will always regret.
>>
Every year I just lose my will to continue the university, may drop the next year and finaly I will try to find a damn job
>>
File: 1548832888652.jpg (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>50925338
If shits bad, stay in. No need to risk your life over some basket-weaving course. I go to a regional campus, and everytime it snows they don't cancel, because the dumb fucks at HQ say "lol, what snow?". Fucking dumb.
>>
>>50925449
it's a shame because any time it's below 20 or you have to clean off your car, all the riff raff don't show up lol
>>
>>50921876
Don't go to uni for women.
>>
>>50921876
seconding >>50925541
I should add though that it is highly dependent on where you are looking. If you are going out to clubs to try and find a gf, you're going to find nothing but barsluts and trashy whores. That said, there is no guarantee that the quiet girl in the library isn't a whore either, but you get the idea.

Women should always be second to whatever your interests are.
e.g. If you go to a rock climbing club or DnD club or w/e because you enjoy it, then it's that much easier to find people that are worth your time.
>>
File: endless suffering.jpg (362 KB, 500x484)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>all this talk of classes canceling
>classes at my uni have only been canceled once in the entire time i've been attending, and it was a few weeks ago when it was -40 outside
reminds me of the time I visited florida and saw that everyone was fucking crying at 50 degree weather
>>
File: 1549894173696.jpg (54 KB, 799x800)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>Have dorm mates with a sleep schedule different from mine.
>Have to wake up at 7 while they get to sleep in
>One of them always does their work at like 1-3 in the morning
>Whenever they take power naps during this they leave their bright ass lamp on making it difficult to sleep.
>Always wake up feeling like shit because of it.
>>
>>50921720
Just roaming the campus like a ghost. So a normal semester...
>>
File: FUCKME.jpg (230 KB, 1000x1000)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
Fucking awful, my semester started on January FUCKING 2nd and got a shit load of homework from the very first day so I stopped attending 2 different classes and essentially failed because my stupid fucking uni won't let me deregister/remove any classes until I'm in 5th semester and my major is full of self important little shits as teachers who want to make everything a problem to gain something or fuck over students and are constantly infighting and my classmates are all marxists who romantizice poverty even though they are poor themselves and I'm not 100% integrated because I come from a high end high-school and I hate it here and I can't even choose my teachers yet. Worst part is that I'm in a fucking meme degree because it's the only thing I can moderately do well in and I sort of like and STEM is extremely out of reach because I'm a brainlet and math and logic is beyond boring for me.
>>
>>50924895
Dude 4 days is more then enough for a 5 page paper. I'm assuming double spaced, so its even easier.
>>
>>50922441
environmental engineering lad
>>
>>50925696
if they're being cunts about it then tell em to at least turn off the lamp.
if they need to use a PC for online work then make them get an RGB keyboard or any other backlit keyboard.
if they won't stop fucking your life up you can get your RA involved

>>50924895
you can do it anon, I just bs'd a 3 page paper in only a little under 2 hours despite freaking out about it earlier. you just have to work yourself into the zone
>>
>>50925969
2nded, bitches love flowers and shit
>>
>>50925295
Without winter tires in an area where people aren't used to driving on ice/snow it's a big problem. Seriously winter tires make all the difference in the world.
>>
>>50926131
Kinda makes me wish I hadnt done AAE which is 99% autistic men
>>
File: howdy birb.jpg (41 KB, 487x650)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>50922441
psychology or biology if you don't think psych is a real stem

>>50922679
>>50922696
>>50922960
>>50923847
it depends on the school and type of psychology. There's cognitive psychology focused on the nervous system/physical body which is pretty close to medical shit, and then there's psychology focused on disorders and what usually causes them, and how people live with them. The only bullshit "psychology" if you can even call it that is shit like sociology and social work and even that depends; Social work and therapy can be a real science but the problem is that 99% of dumbfucks that do it aren't properly certified, which is why there are so many memes about people here going to a psychologist and getting nothing out of it.

then again I go to a based school where we learn proper psychology. I had one professor that got pissed anytime he saw people reference meme statistics like IQ and myers-briggs tests (aka 16personalities/ISTJwhateverthefuckyouare), since those are some of the biggest examples of bullshit psychology our there. They're practically horoscope tier with how bad they are.
>>
Just stopping by to let you all know I finished my graduate degree and never have to post in these threads ever again
>>
>>50924869
>philosophy, history, and classics
philosophy is a bunch of airheaded prattle, history is written by the winners, classics are mostly boring but i guess they wouldn't be around so long if they completely sucked
>>
>>50924513
Fuck, anon. Every single point except the one about internships applies to me. What are you studing? Math here.
>>
>>50925087
>comfy
>job
pick one originally
>>
>>50921720

I have nightmares about this
>>
>>50926237
Have you seen the MBTI threads on here? Shits hilarious.
>>
>>50925766
don't go to university if you're getting a useless degree and you don't even enjoy it
>>
>>50926307
not that anon i did math and i learned nothing. i learned a bit more in compsci but not really much.
>>
>>50926212
What's AAE?
>>
>>50926345
I hold retail in a much lesser regard and below me. I'm probably going to kms.
>>
File: What a Deal.jpg (27 KB, 148x216)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>50926318
It can be, just don't expect a high pay. I work in a newsagents type of shop, 5 hours per day and half the time I'm sitting on my ass phoneposting here with you guys.
>>
>>50926237
>I had one professor that got pissed anytime he saw people reference meme statistics like IQ
Lmao you go to a meme school anon. IQ is incredibly supported by the scientific evidence.
>>
File: 404.jpg (15 KB, 428x418)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>50926260
I graduated with a meme degree, doesn't mean I can't be alumni of the threads as well.
>>
File: noodle time.png (555 KB, 450x562)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
>try to improve myself
>too fucking lazy sometimes and as a result remain the same piece of shit I always am
>>
>>50924895
C'mon anon. I could easily do 7 pages single spaced in a couple of hours. You just need some motivation and focus. Drink more water and get active. Also listening to music without lyrics works to keep people focused and engaged.
>>
>graduated last May after five years of torture(switched majors after first year)
>find work even harder and more torturous
>would give anything to only care about bullshit school stuff again.

enjoy it while you can unibros.
>>
File: Toecutter.png (708 KB, 1366x581)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>50926569
>enjoy it while you can unibros.
You say that but my degree is worthless versus proper CS degrees. Also I hate programming. As a result I've been wagecucking for 2 years now.
>>
>>50924806
drive, you broke nigger.
>>
please help there's a guy and a girl sitting next to me and they won't shut the fuck up talking about normie shit like getting drunk i don't even know what a tequila is i'm trying to do my fucking homework but i can't concentrate because of them so instead i'm playing ninja masters HELPPPPPPPPPPP

I'M FUCKED I NEED TO STUDY RIIIGHT NOW OH MY GOD SHE'S TALKING ABOUT HAVING MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES FROM BREAKING UP WITH HER BOYFRIEND SOMEBODY FUCKING KILL ME I HAVE TO STUDY
>>
>>50924513
Try again and more interviewers. For internships it doesn't matter if you're awkward people still get 'em. Do more.
You'll make it.
>>
>tfw dropped out and got a job
seeya, unicucks
>>
>>50921863
Uh just get a note now, like tomorrow or something. If the doc asks why you didn' come in earlier, say you were too sick or couldnt get a ride to the medical center. Ask the doc to put in you were already sick a few days ago. A lot of docs should be amenable if you just explain your school/workplace requires notes even though you expect to get better alone
>>
File: 1519211534131.jpg (92 KB, 1200x1396)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Haven't made it to uni yet, thinking about taking one class at a time at community college for a couple years to get my associates while I study cyber security at a certification training facility. Already have a job as a web-developer too. Want to get my masters some day. Is taking college slow the ultimate meme?
>>
File: study time.jpg (32 KB, 480x403)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>50921720
am i the only one that had a heavier workload in highschool than college?
I'm getting consistently 50-100% more sleep than in highschool
>>
File: 1511581764423.jpg (67 KB, 633x758)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>50921720
it's my first semester at a shitty local college. i decided to give cs a go, since i didn't really know what else to take. i always figured a deeper understanding of computing would be pretty sweet. intended to do a year here, then transfer to a proper university. however, i feel like i'm dying. i cruised through highschool with honours, without an ounce of actual studying. stayed up late playing video games and shitposting, pretty much every night. now it's really biting me in the ass. always figured i was decent at math but i'm getting my ass handed to me. taking discrete and calculus. in hindsight, i probably overestimated my abilities. also taking english, which i fucking hate. i don't even know why i took it. at least i'm enjoying my introductory programming course, but it's almost too easy. i guess most introductory courses are like that. but fuck, i can't study for shit. easily distracted, always in a haze. never feel like i'm actually learning. I feel like garbage and i'm afraid i won't succeed in anything at this rate. i feel so fucking stupid. its been nothing but anxiety and stress. anyone else feel like this first semester? did the whole routine eventually start falling into place? Fuck.
>>
>>50927297
your best bet is to set aside a small amount of time per day to working and increasing it every day so that you get better anon
you might be able to drop classes if it isn't past the deadline yet.
worst case your school might have a grade replacement program where you can retake the course and the failed course won't count for your GPA
>>
>>50921720
Dropped out recently, fucked up most courses but also didn't like any of them really. Luckily it's only my first year so not too much of a waste. Did throw away a couple years before this though. Have to start looking for a job soon till at least next school year since i moved out of my parent's house. Now I'm just sitting at home all day doing nothing feeling like shit. My last few normie friends were really worried about me drinking a lot (alone) so i promised not to anymore, and keeping to it. Doesn't make me feel better tho. Started a bit of reading recently to fill the time and it helps somewhat. And of course i can browse here all day.
>>
>>50921720
I literally missed three quizzes for one of my Comp Sci courses cause I decided to skip on the days I thought I had nothing. I am barely keeping up because I decided to go ahead and play Resident Evil 2 since release. Hopefully I can get my shit together since tomorrow I have an essay due for some short story i never fucking read.
>>
Can someone explain to me why uni threads get deleted so quickly while the r9gay, imouto, and fucking drugfeels threads last longer than they should? I just want a comfy space of my own. Isn't that the point of this board?
>>
>>50922441
nursing, psychology, and bio are notorious for wymynz
>>
>>50927728
Idk man I lurk here a lot to see other people fucking up like me but its always Asians or foreigners and their absurd uni schedules that make no sense
>>
>>50927526
>I literally missed three quizzes for one of my Comp Sci courses cause I decided to skip on the days I thought I had nothing
why are you ever skipping?
>>
File: 1525021459375.png (6 KB, 221x228)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>didn't go to class at all last week because I had to go to the other side of the state for my grandfather's funeral
>e-mail my teacher tonight to tell her that the "LockDown Browser" she made me download for the quiz won't let me log in to canvas
>"sorry should have emailed me earlier because it's due tomorrow"
>tells me that my grandfather's funeral thing was an excuse I made up (it's not)
>failing this class now
>I pay thousands f dollars for this

I'm just so tired of it all. Never go to college
>>
>>50927769
And sociology, but theres going to be some wacky women in there.
>>
>>50921720
How can you have thousands of dollars spent and on the line and do irresposible shit like this? Whenever I felt lazy in uni I thought about the ridiculous amount of money I would lose by having to retake a class or fail all together and I got right back at it
>>
>>50921720
I'm so pissed. They changed the instructor for one of my classes at the last moment. I got some African guy who speaks so quietly and with an accent. He's also new, and it's obvious how inexperienced and unorganized he is with the class so far. The whole thing's just a mess.
>>
>>50928181
why in the fuck didn't you tell her about the funeral until the assignment is due anon
if you told her a week ago you'd probably have gotten extensions. if you come out with that shit right before the due date most professors will tell you to fuck off
>>
>>50921720
TALK TO YOUR PROFESSOR RETARD

a-am I too late?
>>
>>50921720
>>just found out I missed an online test worth 25% of my overall grade for a course that was supposed to be a bird

literally 90% of my class this week

i'm doing good i'm actually enjoying my major this semester
hope to open up a networking firm in colorado after i graduate so i can smoke weed off work and no one can give me shit about it
>>
>>50927297
>i cruised through highschool with honours, without an ounce of actual studying. stayed up late playing video games and shitposting, pretty much every night. now it's really biting me in the ass.
sounds about right
>taking discrete and calculus
sounds like a bad idea lol
>english
gen ed courses suck dick but it's best to get them out of the way as soon as possible.
>did the whole routine eventually start falling into place?
you have to learn to not be a lazy sack of shit. it took me over a decade to learn that because i had a similar high school experience. get ahead of your work, stay ahead of your work. games, 4chan, shitposting, group chats, none of that shit matters until your homework is done. get a physical planner, one with month and weekly/daily views. write down big dates on the month and your todos on the daily. if you keep writing the same shit on your dailies and still haven't done it, observe if you really are going to do it or want to do it. it's a good way to confront lingering issues in your life. you can still have leisure time but try to work it like pomodoro where you break and then go back to working. there's a lot of time you waste daily that could go towards getting shit done or studying.

the cs courses are definitely worth it later on, it feels great when you're only taking cs or major/elective courses. i would be wary of transferring to a different school. you are bound to get fucked over on credits and take longer to graduate. look into maybe doing research or working with some profs there if you're interested. after you start your career school doesn't matter as much. make sure you finish hard wherever you are. transferring and being around another group of people you don't know can set yourself up for failure. transferring also requires you to have so many courses done at their school to get a degree for it and you might have to retake some bullshit classes you're already taking.
>>
>>50928530
forgot to say, use a fucking 3-5 subject notebook to take notes. do not have your laptop or tablet open during class. pay attention and you'll be fine in math. electronic notes are not a substitute for pen and paper.
>>
>>50927377
i can drop a course by mid-march to receive a w (withdrawal) on my permanent record. but at that point i'm not getting a refund and i've wasted money. hardly seems worth it. to apply for university transfer i need 24 credits, so 4 courses per semester. if i drop a course i'll not only end up missing the application deadline due to lack of credits (mid-september, i was planning on taking courses over the summer to apply for the winter semester), i'll have to spend an extra semester at college, which only covers up to second year cs. transfer at my local universities is absurdly competitive. a gpa of 3.4 was the average for transfer students at my university of choice. even higher at the larger, more prestigious university. i'm so fucked. the biggest problem i'm facing is my ability to focus on a single task. whenever i'm studying for a certain subject, all my other subject and their respective assignments are constantly on my mind. i'm always on the edge and can't study, effectively. i can sit down for hours but it doesn't feel like i'm doing anything meaningful in terms of learning.
>>
>>50927297
best advice i can give you
is study all everyday
play games on the weekends to relax
don't let that chad stacy meme fuck with you in college
people don't give a shit about viriginity
they do however give a shit if you're only hobby is video games.
hang out with people
if you have an hour between classes
you should either spend it studying
or
hanging out with friends
>>
Brehs im gonna ask the cute girl in my machining class out tomorrow, ive catched her glancing at me several times now in class
Wish me luck
>>
>>50928605
dating in college is risky but good luck
pray things don't go down hill and she reports you to the uni for harassment
>>
>>50928630
this only happens to creeps like you, anon
>>
File: 1548811499202.png (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>signed up for max hours because I want to get ahead of my major
>already pulling all nighters
>have another 8 week class starting in 4 weeks
>>
>>50928530
thanks for the advice, anon. i'll grab a planner tomorrow. transferring is a necessity though, since my school only offers up to second year cs, but luckily the transfer system in my province is pretty straight forward and i've planned my schedule in a way such that it mirrors the courses i would be taking at the school i want to transfer to. it should be relatively smooth. i just need fantastic grades.
>>
File: 1549833211907.png (221 KB, 464x440)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>50921720
I have an economics midterm the day after tomorrow which I never attended a single class or studied for.
I'm so beyond fucked I want to fucking die. Macro econ too.
>>
>>50928713
alright, good luck with that then. down south our county colleges sometimes get fucked by transferring to the state schools even if they get the associates. as i said, make sure you knock out whatever general requirements are necessary. look up the college you want to transfer to's diploma requirements to see how many courses and which you need to take there as some get very weird no matter how much everyone tells you "it's easy to transfer"
>>
>>50928722
if you've taken enough econ courses then there's a decent chance that you've got an idea of what'll be on the test anyways
a lot of classes start to blend together after a while
>>
> cant find an alcohol guy
> cant find a gf
> my elliot rodger complex is really bad
> classes going poorly even though I'm way overqualified for them
> taking my pills so I don't rope
> sequences and series TA is a jackass

also elizabeth you're a judas bitch i hate you
>>
Freshmen broke the bathroom door. Also, they stole a fire extinguisher and some wet floor signs.
>>
>>50928827
first econ course ever. I feel fucked for the equations and what not. My mistake lads... my horrible horrible mistake
>>
File: Satou.jpg (19 KB, 704x400)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
I've been posting this everywhere but I just got my first F in English and I'm starting to feel like I'm not as smart as I thought I was.
>>
>>50928874
if it's a basic macro class like 103 or something like that just basing it off of what my basic econ class was called and your class doesn't have online notes or anything online whatsoever just do a quick internet search for macro economics midterm 1 review stuff
quizlet is a good source for some notes/review material too
>>
>>50928886
>F in English
Ya you might as well quit man. Not trying to be a dick but English/History/Psych/Sociology/Math up to Algebra II/Biology/Politics are basic bitch classes that are only there to test if you're stupid or not. Try trade school maybe. Good luck.
>>
>>50928886
what level english anon? if it's basic bitch english then you're in for a rough time. What was the F for, the entire class? if it's just an exam or paper then you'll still be able to get a good grade.
>>50929010
remove psych and math from that list depending on the school and it'd be correct. it's 99% dependent on course level. some of the 400 level math and psych courses I've taken completely fucked some people up
>>
>>50926456
not him but anon was probably referring to the general IQ number, since measures like fluid/crystalized intelligence are much more accurate
there are definitely retards in the world, but anyone that unironically brings up their IQ is a fucking retard 99.9% of the time

>>50926237
>>50929049
>there are other psychfags on this board
>>
File: 1538434129722.png (54 KB, 500x394)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>50921720
I skipped class last Monday so I decided to drop the lab I missed. Yet somehow despite not being there my phone number got put in my lab group's group chat.
We have a term project in there, and my partner is mad at me for dropping. I hadn't even been in class to hear what the project was. I don't know what they want
And Op that pic is accurate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deB_u-to-IE
>>
>>50929049
It was English 101. The only reason I got an F was because I decided to watch anime and play Vida the entire week instead of work on anything but when I finally got to the essay I had to skim through the book that I needed to write about and basically failed because the essay was complete and utter shit due to sentence structure and punctuation errors. Probably just fucked up my gpa
>>
>>50921775
Oh sweetie, be ready for more group work. Almost every class Ive had has tried to incorporate group work in some way, and Im an engineering student
>>
I'm getting hit by the random bout of laziness I get every semester. Glad it's early on this time so it isn't during something important like finals, or a research paper.

>>50921876
Disregard uni girls, they're mostly total skanks. I stopped giving a shit and several girls have tried to get me to hook up with them. Turning them down is fun.
>>
>>50928037
Mostly because I overslept those days. I felt so unmotivated but that's just a dumb excuse. After some shit I finally got my head straight and I'll do my best to get my work done.
>>50928722
I attend my classes and I managed to do fine on a quiz we had with minimal studying. As long as you get the basic concepts down it's only a matter of reasoning to get the smaller details.
>>50929225
This is why I refuse to have contact with anyone. I only have away my number once but I know it will bite me back soon.
>>
>>50929278
Last group I was in everyone was actually contributing to different aspects, no dead weight.
We had to team up with EE students this time around tho, so now I'm in a group with 2 normalfags and an useless friend, really sad
Hoping I could carry a bit
>>
>failed another job interview
I can't take it anymore
>>
>>50929385
I've had a lot of group projects. As such a lot of people have my number cause
>let's get a group chat and a Google doc going
Then next thing you know people you don't know and have never met have your number
>>
>>50929389
Normal fags have killed engineering. It used to be an area that you could get a degree with less group work (sans labs) but oh no
Gotta have a group for everything. I wish you luck. I'm tired of the group meme
>>
>>50929429
Know that feel. You just gotta keep at it at least that's what I've heard. I still haven't been able to get an internship. Had to work retail last summer, haven't even bothered applying for an internship this year
>>
>>50929524
>never get an internship
>never get an interview until my final year
>spend all that time just doing research, data science and programming
>finally get calls back
>fucking bullshit behavior questions
It's the fucking worst and then every self serving asshole says "you just want a paycheck and not a job, that's why they don't want you"
>>
>>50928181
Do you have a career director or something like that? I bet he could help you if you explain what happened
>>
File: 1549847614761.png (222 KB, 583x616)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>parents won't let me just go to college
>have to have a McJob too
>>
File: 1548726834998.jpg (109 KB, 956x918)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
If I fail this semester again I'm going to kill myself
Fuck, I almost want to fail again so I fucking kill myself for real. Not gonna pussy out anymore, I'm tired and want out
>>
File: RAGE.jpg (166 KB, 396x409)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>50929429
>>50929524
>>50929576
>Wow anon, why don't you have 7 references from your professors and 6 past jobs/internships/research positions?
Fuck the career center at my uni. Those fucking faggots are supposed to HELP YOU GET FUCKING WORK AND INTERNSHIPS
i'm surprised someone hasn't fucking walked in there and shot up the place yet with how useless their advice is
>>
File: 1549327259469.jpg (42 KB, 400x524)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>Don't understand anything from class and material is unclear to me (im reatord)
>Schedule is fucked so I can't take office hours with the professor
Another year of watching YouTube tutorials it is then
>>
>>50929629
Never go to them, they're fucking useless and braindead. I learned that the hard way when I had to make my first resume and they didn't ask me anything at all
>>
>>50929629
I constantly get emails from mine.
>get your resume reviewed
>mock interviews
We had to have them review our resumes for an intro engineering class
I got marked off for no t having work experience he legit wrote
>No work experience, Really?
Was a real confidence booster.
I can get phone interviews typically, but they never go well.

>>50929662
Get chegg , it got me through cal 3 and 4
>>
>>50929662
don't listen to >>50929796
use https://textsheet.com/ instead
if that doesn't work try yahoo answers or quizlet
don't give money to chegg
>>
>>50929629
>>50929796
i'm going to go to the career center and try to get my shit reviewed, and I'm probably going to drag someone along with me to hold me back if they say some shit like this
the career class was a complete fucking joke, and if the actual advisors are anything like that I'll end up strangling them
>>
I'm doing better in uni as an adult working full time than as a young man without any other responsibilities. The fuck.

But yeah I'm smashing this semester, got around 82-88 in all my classes. Fuck yes.
>>
>exam in 7 hours
>studied a lot, will probably pass
>anxiety building up to the point I'm starting to feel sick
Why does it have to be like this...
>>
File: Isabelle.gif (1.32 MB, 360x360)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB GIF
>Essay contest to enter in 4 days
>Paper to write in 3 days
>exam in 4 days

I wont sleep early this week
>>
>study math and easily get 4.0 in hardest classes
>have 200k+ offer for after graduation from CS internship
>rarely speak to anyone and have no genuine friends, interests are only for ego protection
>in a haze completely alienated
now i have alienated you with big numbers
what do i do
hahaha XD fuck FCK
>>
>>50930125
Talk to people and take it from there? You beautiful mind.
>>
File: 69 Just.jpg (197 KB, 481x714)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>Academic quarter begins
>Motivated, studying hard, feel good
>1-2 weeks before the exams
>Lose all motivation and hope, can't concentrate, feel almost suicidal, act in weird self-sabotaging ways (like getting drunk for no reason on a weekday)
>Receive bad grades since I didn't revise properly or at all
Fucking every time. I've sort of figured out that I fear trying and failing more than just failing so I get these un-conscious needs to self-sabotage. But even if my analysis of myself is correct, what the fuck am I supposed to do? I feel like such a weak bitch.
>>
>4th year of uni out of 5
>finally realized that I don't give a shit about 75% of my courses
>too deep to give up now
>exams I haven't done yet are piling up
>no way I'll be able to finish in time
>parents have high expectations for me
>they know I'm falling behind on schedule but don't really understand how bad it is
>don't want to let then down
>anxiety is starting to kick in
>>
>>50930667
>5 years
>finish on time
what fuckin undergrad are you doin? most places are 4 years anon. masters programs generally take anywhere from 3-7 years depending on what you're specifically doing
>>
>>50930721
(Not the same guy) But no, it is pretty much expected here to finish school in the given time. So a five year programme should be completed within five years, otherwise people start suspecting that you are a retard.
>>
>>50929590
Just quit, and tell your parents that you were fired. After that, pretend to constantly be putting in applications, but no one will hire you. Worked like a charm for me.
>>
what degree should I get. Because of how high school in my country works I can literally choose anything but I don't know what to choose
>>
File: 1541565391254.png (249 KB, 384x406)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>50921720
I'm switching degrees next year and studying for subjects that don't matter and I have no interest in is a terrible thing
>>
>>50931526
For the love of god study something that interests you, don't fall for the "compsci to get a job" meme
>>
Any london bongs here?
is City univeristy worth its really high standards
>>
>>50921720
Uni fucking sucks and I hate it. Been at it 6 years, every day feels like a piece of me is getting crushed.
>>
>>50931586
Nothing is worth staying in that shithole.
>>
>>50931632
t.educated by /pol/ memes
>>
>>50931670
Enjoy your acid attacks.
>>
how are you accountingbots doing and what accounting courses are you taking?
>>
>ordered transcripts to be printed and shipped to uni im transferring to on the 6th
>transcripts are due on the 15th
>today is the 12th and they still haven't mailed it off
What the fuck
>>
Returning to study as a mature age student at 35.
>>
>>50931685
enjoy your sister cletus rodriugez
>>
File: 1549094967517.jpg (71 KB, 960x788)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
First year Biochem here
>Struggling to keep 70% average
I'm fine with my bio and Chem classes, and my physics is alright, but stats last sem fucked me over. Calculus now is a bit better, but if I don't pick shit up I am going to lose coop placement, honours, and scholarship $$$.
On the other hand
>Going to gym more, eating lots (too much for meal plan)
>Bear through some of the "friendships" I have, met a girl through friend recently, we've been talking and it's looking potent
>Becoming slowly better at managing schoolwork and organization
>Becoming better at guitar, learning how to play and sing
>Joined intramural soccer team
Things are going alright and they seem to be getting better, it's a tough fucking journey but you really just have to push yourself up over these steps you face, and as certain things become easier new challenges come, and uh that's how you grow as a person or whatever
>>
Reminder CS is a meme degree and you should just be an electrical engineer if you're not a complete brainlet

Also I'm enjoying my intermediate dynamics course a lot.
>>
>>50931526
Do you live in Sweden?

Muted for two seconds unfortunately but ignore this sentence
>>
File: bie.jpg (127 KB, 828x622)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Glad to see these generals are back, I only browse /r9k/ during the semester to post with other unifags. This semester looks good for me, we'll see if all the work I did over winter session will pay off
>>
File: 1335595878342.png (41 KB, 645x773)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>finally in last semester of university
>only have one class
>have been told for over a year how I should be applying for jobs
>haven't even looked at a single one

Just thinking about doing it makes me want to puke. I don't know shit, they're going to know it, and I'm going to fail spectacularly. cs student btw
>>
>>50923588
Were the others minorities and girls?
>>
>>50926779
With what car, the only car i had was a Vw Beetle that my oldman gave to me and some hillbilly faggot set fire on it for unknown reasons. fucking meme education degree
>>
Fuck lads, I have 3 exams this week startijg with physics today and 2 next week and I havent studied at all. Why the fuck do I do this to my self?
>>
File: emergrence avgn.gif (1.05 MB, 300x369)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB GIF
>tfw had test today
>classes cancelled because snow storm
Wanted to get it over with but whatever
>>
Who else is off today because of the snow?
>>
>actually passed an exam today
>with a score of 28 out of 30
Woah, guess I'm not a useless waste of oxygen for today.
>>
>>50922441
Rule of thumb for you: the more difficult a major is, the less girls are going to be there. So go for Chemistry, if not Biology.
>>
>>50935790
There are no girls in chem
It's a lot of memorization but still pretty difficult
>>
I'm gonna start computer science this year. I actually don't like programming at all but at this point I need a degree, and CS is one of the shortest courses with 7 semester.
>>
File: aha.jpg (82 KB, 750x736)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I know for a fact there are normalfags among us, help me out pls. I've got a date tomorrow night, b urself has worked really well for me and we've hung out together before but for some reason I'm starting to overthink things this time around. Maybe because it's so close to Valentine's, or because it's a more "real" date than what we've done before. How do the few of you who go on dates get rid of nerves/stress so you can keep bee-ing yourself without limitation?
>>
File: the ride never ends.png (79 KB, 482x427)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
my day today so far
>two hour break between classes
>decide to drink 3 bottles of coca cola with 24 cl of rum, tequila and gin
>skip class because of that
>still haven't gone home
hate my life
>>
>>50935860
>There are no girls in chem
this is a lie. of all the stem shit, i've met the most female grads from chem e or chem. that said they have the most boring jobs and basic bitch lives lol
>>
>>50921720
>tfw uni orientation in two days
I'm nervous lads, I spent a year after high school as a NEET and now I'm sorry to start an economics degree. Any tips for someone trying to prepare for uni? Feeling extremely stressed
>>
>>50937736
>the most are in Chem E or Chem
As a Chem E that's pretty grim
>>
>>50938007
honestly, think about your job prospects? process control? lmao

and yeah, i was mech e then cs. more in cs but i wouldn't date either
>>
Caught my stoner friend crying earlier today, I think I helped her cheer up but it was stressful as fuck, I was certain some passing normalfag was going to assume I was the reason she was bawling. What do non-autists do to console a crying friend, I just sort of kept her talking until she stopped crying and started laughing.
>>
>>50938111
Yeah I gave up with getting a job in ChemE. There's no technical work, it's all management now and because of that I fail to get past the interviews. I'm getting a minor in cs and it's much easier getting my foot in the door
>>
>>50938299
why was she crying? if it was over a boy or her family then lmao don't be captain save a hoe
>>
Completely fucked up one of my exams at the end of semester 1 and it's fucked my chances of getting to study abroad from this shit hole.

>>50935860
There are girls in chem.

t. a girl in chem
>>
>>50938575
>There are girls in chem.
Obviously some, but it's not 60% like in bio
Or is it for you?
>>
>>50929251
That's pretty dumb, anon
>>
>>50931526
do >>50931551
engineering and comp sci are overrated as fuck
although i'd recommend that you at least try to pick something employable and don't go towards the other extreme of picking something like underwater basket weaving
>>
>>50932812
email both the uni you are transferring from and the uni you are transferring to
if you can, add in some timestamped shit or forward emails that show that it's the uni taking fucking forever to send your shit
>>
>>50922441
it heavily depends on the school. >>50935790 is somewhat true, psychology counts like a few anons have mentioned but that also depends on if the school teaches proper psych and that's been talked about in the thread plenty of times

anything that would result in some kind of clerical work will usually have a fuckton of women in it
>>
>>50938635
I'd say it's about a 35 to 65 split of girls to boys in traditional chem modules.
Medicinal chem it's more 50:50 and energy 20:80.

Bio definitely has more girls, but they're usually less tolerable.
>>
File: 1549652162716.jpg (26 KB, 275x275)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>had a progress report worth 20% of my grade for that module
>99% sure I uploaded it a day before the deadline
>even remember the time I submitted it (9pm)
>deadline was middle of December
>just looked now and it says I haven't uploaded anything

What the fuck. Do any UKbros use blackboard for uni? Does this kind of thing happen?
>>
>>50938725
Generally speaking, from most to less women, stem fields go
Medicine > Biology > Chem > ChemE > Math > other engineering > Geology > CS = Physics
>>
>>50921720
>Have to write a 2000 word essay on A Canticle for Lebiowitz by Fri
>Have not even opened the book yet
It is over bros
>>
>>50921720
I was sick today, and I know for a fact that 80% of test questions will be on whatever my professors talked about today
>>
>>50938725
>>50938918
it definitely depends on the school. geology had a fuckload of women at my undergrad.
>major that has people going outside to do geological mapping and collect samples
>comfy as fuck, often had camping field trips
>incredibly social compared to other stems, geologists are well known for drinking heavily, etc.
>>
>>50938997
Geology sounds indeed comfy, I wish it was more interesting, also no fucking jobs unfortunately. But camping trips sound nice.
>>
File: 1533432662329.jpg (156 KB, 514x1024)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
community college is the true red pill. it's much easier than regular university
>>
>>50939256
real redpill is 2 years community for gen eds, 2 years at a good and well known uni so that you can get good jobs
>>
File: 29e.jpg (36 KB, 600x885)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Holy fuck, how do I get good at seminars?
I read all the required reading but I'm too much of a brainlet and miss all the important talking points and I'm just too shy to be talkative and the professor thinks I'm an idiot for not participating in the discussions.
>>
>>50938918
I think geology has more women than Chem
Also biology has more women than medicine, unless you count nursing
>>
File: hail to pitt.jpg (354 KB, 1125x1857)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
I have a /uni/ story. Not exactly /r9k/ material but it'll do
>Sunday night before a full week of classes
>Dining hall sends out a university wide email. >Typical gay shit
>Some fag responds to it
>hits reply all
>massive school-wide email chain
>people start replying with memes and pictures of dogs and ratting friends out for various bullshit
>most people just emailing "take me off this group chat" and hitting reply all
>rumor starts that replying to all with "Force remove-1573AQ" will get them removed from the email list
>everyone falls for it
>so many emails now that people can't open their inbox
>server goes down
>riots start in the quad
>people are questioned by campus police, some are cited
>Fag who started the group chat apologizes for it on twitter
>pic related
Institution of higher learning my fucking dick
>>
>>50921720
Classes are going well right now so I'm just out here trying to make friends. It's been so long bros, how do I talk to people?
>>
Getting my exam results this friday. Does anybody have experience with UK/EU universities? How likely am I to get the boot for shit grades during the first semester and bad exam results? Do I have a chance at redemption? How lenient are they to shit students? What happens in these situations? I am also scheduled for an ADD test, but that won't be soon, hopefully that will help a bit. I am an international student, if that matters (not from EU). Back home I got kicked out before I could finish the second semester and I am terrified of getting kicked out again.
>>
>>50929478
This. I hate those group chats I always avoided them in High School because it's only really used for cheating and homework sharing.
>>
File: 1534080497295.png (681 KB, 1366x768)
681 KB
681 KB PNG
>be stemfag
>start bachelors thesis in a few days and I have barely any clue on the topic (microcontroller programming)
>got fired from my internship today and I started crying at work and during my commute
>probably won't be able to find a job if I manage to graduate this year
>no friends and no gf
yeah life sucks
whoever said college will be the best period of your life might be right because I imagine the coorperate world to be hell and I'm not cut out for it obviously
>>
>>50939256
I had some harder cc classes than higher level uni classes. it's all about the teachers and how much they give a shit.

>>50939414
this or just no private/stick with in-state schools that give you a lot of money

>>50940011
US but usually there's some form of appeal where you can speak with your advisor and it goes before a board review. you have to write a letter explaining your situation and a study plan for improving next time. you being international, there's probably a lot less lenience since they could fill your spot with hundreds of kids that will actually do their work. it doesn't seem like school is for you so you should work for whatever rich family member sponsored you.

>>50940100
>got fired from my internship today
how
>>
>>50921720
Went to first couple of lectures in my 2nd year and haven't been to any since. They're just so pointless when all the material's online and I hate sitting alone feeling like i'm being watched in lecture halls. I've got a group project where I do two presentations too which i'm dreading, haven't been to any of the group sessions yet, feeling like dropping out especially after my terrible attempts at exams last month.
>>
>>50940100
why'd you get fired from your internship anon?
>>
>>50926945
What job did you get? When i dropped out i worked at a warehouse for 2 months and it was honestly worse than uni.
>>
>>50940151
>>50940190
>why'd you get fired
I was asking too many questions regarding the CAD program they used that I was supposed to know the answers to, which is true but I didn't want to make any mistakes so I asked them the same stuff every now and then.
Because of that I got into a little conflict with my superior and he had enough of me.
I wasn't really efficient at my task and the job kinda sucked anyway.
Pay was good but I probably won't get an employer's reference which annoys me the most.
>>
>>50929949
Honestly slightly jealous, when i get exams i don't study until the last day or two but i also don't get nervous or anxious at all.
>>
>>50940011
depends on the uni. also depends on your medical history.

FWIW, I'm an overseas student currently intermitted from my UK uni for depression. I got approval to disregard my whole first year after doing virtually no work and attending no lectures or supervisions after first term. However, I had a long history of therapy and medication and was taken to hospital twice during lent term for suicide attempts. I also was recently diagnosed with narcolepsy, which will support my application to return.

I had to move out of college once my application to intermit was processed, and I will repeat the whole first year when I return. It's not in any way a decision to be made lightly, but if you are struggling with ADHD it may be right for you.

do you have a tutor/counselor you can speak with about this?
>>
>did a no call no show from work in order to study for exams
>work retail shelf stocking job
How fucked am I ?
>>
SQL exercises 1 & 2 due this Friday, didn't attend uni for 3 weeks because my ID was blocked so have missed every bit and piece of knowledge needed to complete those exercises.

Got work tomorrow, Thursday and Friday after class. Shityy night shift.

Got 25% for maths, basically failed and have to take retake for the biggest exam.

Idk how the fuck I got 5% for the exam which was worth 70% of the total module.
Life is going fcukking great.
>>
File: gt.png (43 KB, 1200x754)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
I'm at pic related, slowly losing my mind
If any femanons want to go to the aquarium with me and some friends this Thursday that would be nice

>>50940731
Should have at least told them you were sick. Exams are more important that a wageslave job though
>>
>>50940731
You are probably going to be fired. I had a similar job and did a no call once, and they said if I did it again I would be fired.
>>
>>50940731
You should never no call no show, you can't really get in trouble for calling sick unless you do it enough.
>>
>>50940731
>>50942035
the only time you can really no call no show is if something like a car accident happens and you're in the emergency room
>>
>>50921720
>Nobody but me cleans up after themselves in my townhouse
>I'm taking 21 hours
>I got rejected today
All in all pretty great. Much better than last year.
>>
>>50943089
rejected how? gf? job offer? internships?
>>
>>50943185
I asked a girl out and she said no.
Hmm, I wonder how much I'll have to say until I don't get muted.
>>
>>50927769
>nursing
ding ding ding best answer
>>
Started four weeks ago and an old dude from my marketing class is talking me into getting on his business once I graduate because of my proficiency or some shit, I don't know If I wanna take the chance bros.
>>
>>50944249
do the scummy networking dance
get his contact info in case he's actually successful and not some crazy motorcycle tiny home hippie and ghost him if he turns out to be the latter
>>
>>50944325
Thanks for the tip mate, I need all the oportunities I can get so I can get out of this shithole neigborhood.
>>
File: 1549771124430.png (184 KB, 483x470)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>50937938
No advice but I've also got orientataion and I'm also shitting myself. Social anxiety and anxiety in general is almost unbearable.
>>
barely 3 weeks in and already feelin burnt out, have minimal free time and I'm on campus for at least 10 hours every day

any tips for becoming a morning person? I know I'll probably get more done if I start my day earlier but it's hard to get to bed before 1am
>>
>>50937938
>>50944850
try to at least attend every freshie socializing event like quad day or w/e you guys call your "shill you clubs" day
be wary of any clubs where fuckloads of people quit it quickly
>>
>>50944860
tell yourself that you are taking naps instead of going to sleep
>>
>>50921720
> be a bird
gonna assume that means "easy", don't sweat it, unless you're a big GPA guy you can probably eat a c+/b-.
I've got a midterm tomorrow that I'm anticipating getting a 60% on.
>>
>just now starting on homework for a class at 9 am
>probably won't be able to sleep due to schedule, have homework for another class due at midnight on wednesday
>exam on thursday for yet another class
fuckin hell
>>
File: benisdance.gif (49 KB, 69x120)
49 KB
49 KB GIF
so what do you guys do while working on homework? do you watch something in the background? play music?
usually I just let a playlist run and change genres every once in a while
>mfw 1273 DOWN THE ROCKEFFALA STREET
>>
>>50945958
music is always my go to if I'm studying by myself
>>
>>50921720
>tfw share apartment with roommate/friend
>roomate and his gf decide they're gonna have people over
>she says this matter of factly to me
>tell her she doesn't get to decide that because she doesn't have her name on the lease
>roommate is gonna do it anyway
So guess I'm gonna bail that day as I hate being around people I don't know
What's the point of roommates? How are studio apartments anyway?
>>
>>50945958
Sometimes music sometimes a podcast or radio show
>>
>>50946226
>not even going to ask you if you're busy or just say it ahead of time in a reasonable manner, just being cunts about it
get new roommates
studios are okay but a bit cramped, you're much better off with a normal 1 BR. there are actually studios that are more expensive than 1 bedrooms it's fuckin stupid.
the point of having a roommate is to cut down on expenses and maybe be friends
>>
>>50946226
just have your own uninvited guests later on, see how they like it
>>
File: 1528418531073.jpg (136 KB, 544x371)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>50940265
worked in retail, then an electrical apprenticeship, and now im a toilet scrubber.
>>
>>50946281
>there are actually studios that are more expensive than 1 bedrooms it's fuckin stupid.
Who the fuck would pay for that?

>>50946313
Good idea
>>
>be classical music fan
>taking western art music appreciation course
>these two probably somali niggers in the back won't shut the fuck up and turn off what they're playing on their phones whenever the professor plays a beautiful piece
>literally start seeing red and fantasizing about putting all disrespectful, low IQ niggers in camps when they do this
>go to calculus class after that
>easily one of the star pupils in that class
>stuck in a study group where a post-wall roast and low IQ somali chimp mooch off of my work
>was too beta to say no to forming the group when the roast asked me, now too beta to leave
This is somehow still better than remaining a NEET of three years.
>>
>>50946362
if your class was taught by someone competent then you'd have forced groups and these groups would be changed every assignment or two
>>
>>50946406
The calc professor is a massive grown up autist (in only a slightly amusing way) who makes Monty Python and Rick and Morty references every ten minutes in his lectures. Just today he sperged out at me for simplifying the final answer to a differentiation problem because he wanted to "preserve the structure" of the chain rule so the class brainlets would have an easier time.
>>
>not in engineering (i mean traditional uni engineering, not meme engineering)
>complaining about workload
Lolololololol
>>
>>50946226
I had a studio apartment. It was great and also kind of fucked. I could go days without leaving or seeing people, I would skip class, go to bed at 7am and get up at 1 or 2, go for mcdonalds at 3am, watch youtube videos and shitpost all day. It affected my mental health i think.
>>
>>50946476
>I could go days without leaving or seeing people, I would skip class, go to bed at 7am and get up at 1 or 2, go for mcdonalds at 3am, watch youtube videos and shitpost all day.
I do this minus the mcdonals runs and I'm only up till 4 or 5 and I'm in an apartment with a roommate. Guess that stuff wouldn't affect my schedule much
>>
Is nursing hard? Im really bad at maths, always messed around im high school and now suffer from it. In Australia if that matters. Already dropped out of uni once before in commerce, only lasted two weeks but felt like everyone was staring at me and knew i was too dumb to be there kek.
>>
>raw sewage leaking through my floorboards
>girl i liked and talked to last semester now pretends i dlnt exist
>47% on latest midterm
>6 stem courses
>4.5 hour roundtrip commute
>woke up at 12 today and unproductively studied for the whole day
>fat, fuck ugly and probably smell like shit even though i regularly shower and wash clothes
>everyone is a tryhard normalfag who cant look me in the eye
>no friends, obviously
Whatever. Life is suffering. My will remains strong. I have to get a job apparently. Reading break is not far off anyways.
>>
>>50946533
Its more the utter isolation. I could go a week without sunlight or human contact. This would probably fuck with most people and i think it fucked with me too even tho i chose it. Kind of miss it still.
>>
>tfw intp
>tfw to intelligent for videogames
>>
>>50946581
I don't think it would bother me, aside from how it does now. If I'm not in class I'm sitting in my room. I've gone 2 or 3 days without leaving.
>>
>>50946553
>Reading break
Spring break? What are you reading? I've been reading the Iliad. Dont know what nect
>>
File: ahhahahahahah.gif (44 KB, 150x150)
44 KB
44 KB GIF
>>50946635
>mbti
okay brainlet
>>
File: 1517902617340.jpg (68 KB, 633x758)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>50921720
feeling like i want to die, fren.

I got fucking mono, lost gains (what little there were), and now im sitting here contemplating my sanity. I just can't sit down and getshitdone and its harder and harder to nap because of an utterly fucked sleep schedule.

Flip side, I managed to get laid in the fall, but now I just want a peaceful relationship and it is such a fucking hassle. Texting, snapchat, all that bullshit, feels like a prerequisite for a relationship at this point, but I just cant find it in me to entertain the people who use it, ie: everyone. It might as well be a foreign language that I only know a few phrases in. Anyone got advice for snap/texting, generally?

It's all so tiresome
>>
yeah block the number
>>
I'm on my second semester. I've never felt so stupid and utterly inadequate in my life. I'm genuinely beginning to believe that i'm just too stupid to be in college. I failed three out of four classes last semester, and this semester isn't going so great. I've had nothing but lowpoints in my life since i've started.
>>
>>50947129
hey anon I'm about to go to sleep, but just know I believe in you. I am 31 and I am going to graduate with a bachelor's degree. I have been taking part-time classes at a community college for years and have been to jail 4 times, longer each trip. Just keep at it. You may have failed out of 3 or 4, but you still passed one. That's one more closer to getting your degree. Even though you've failed the class you've still picked up a little knowledge that might come in handy later. It's all experience for where you're headed, and I know you'll be just fine.
>>
>>50921720
Still on my fucking gap year. Bored flaccid, send help.
>>
File: dratini.png (171 KB, 378x314)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>50945448
>only done with 3 of 5 problems so far, with an optional 6th problem that I should probably do later since it'll be on the exam
fucking hell i hate tedious work. it's easy but time consuming as fuck
>>
took my first calc test today feel like shit
>>
File: 1537919314036.png (191 KB, 250x428)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
Bout to start my second year of med school
Really looking forward to it, gonna be working on cadavers and stuff this year.
>>
>>50946933
i wish i could help anon
i lucked out and got a gf that's as autistic as I am with social media. at most she has a facebook for shit like her extended family, and ignores it completely. all she uses her phone for is for texting coworkers for cover shifts, family, and myself

it sounds like you're just drained from social interactions, and it might be good for you to take a couple of days off from dealing with people. just lock yourself in your room this upcoming weekend if you can anon.
>>
File: 1549103403888.jpg (161 KB, 1566x875)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>50921720
>third year
>speaking to nobody
>still taking first and second semester classes
>no motivation to study at all no matter how I try
>getting anxiety attacks that leave me just frozen in place for minutes more and more frequently
I'm never getting this goddamned degree but if i dropped out, what the fuck would i do with my life?
A degree is basically a given today.
>>
>>50924806
Walk or ride a bike you absolute mong, 3 km cant take more than 30 min
>>
>>50924806
>3km is a problem
holy fuck, what a fat fucking mong
That's like 40 minutes of walking distance if you take your time
>>
> control f 'group'

yup fucking tired of this shit. Just started my masters in company/corporate law. following 3 subjects atm. 2 fucking group assignments that count for like 30% already.
>>
File: OH.png (211 KB, 350x350)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>first day in math course
>total brainlet so I took the lowest number course that still fulfilled the requirement, "Contemporary Mathematics"
>sitting in class reading over the syllabus
>in bold font and capital letters it warns that it is NOT a standard algebra-based math course
Did I make a mistake, and should I be trying to escape
>>
>>50921775
>>50929278
Imagine doing group projects lmao, just do them by yourselves (unless you go to a shit uni that doesn't let you)
>>
>>50925696
get a sleep mask and maybe ear plugs
>>
>>50940731
>all these people saying you can't no call no show
>used to no call no show on the regular at my warehouse job
>never got shit for it
kek retail is the absolute worst
>>
>>50931586
city uni is ok. London is expensive tho. Are you looking at any other london/uk unis? Where are you from?
>>
>>50924895
I did a 15 page paper in a afternoon, it wasn't really good but it was just enough to pass.
>>
>70% in first chemistry exam since I barely studied
How fucked am I?
>>
>>50938575
Studying abroad is fucking terrible. You dodged a bullet anon.

t. currently abroad
>>
>finished chem last semester with an 81%
>bombed the first test this semester but aced the labs
I-I'm gonna make it right bros?
>>
File: 1548863691168.png (218 KB, 500x340)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>50921720
>Once again missed and/or abandoned most of the work i needed to do and am probably only going to complete 2 or 1 and a half courses for this semester
i'm doing fine
>>
File: 1544421128645.png (28 KB, 917x548)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
Imagine not being god tier.
>>
>>50952494
I love chemistry but I actually hate the classical physics. For some reason all the formulas look the same and the letters all mean different things in different contexts. It's so damn confusing. In organic I usually just write (whatever salt, anhydrous) and that's sufficient. But in physics mg could be milligram or mass x gravity. I hate it. I'm going to die this semester if I cant get over this stumbling block.
>>
>>50952546
mg is a unit for something

m and g are placeholders for physical properties that can be filled with units
>>
>>50952494
>have absolutely no interest in anything and did random degree
>just went to uni to avoid having to work for 4 years
Where do I fit
>>
>>50952597
My point is that classical formula of physics is just boring as fuck, and all the dozens of formulas looked exactly the same way first glance. We cant just write (initial Velocity minus final velocity... whatever) and instead everything is variables and since the problems deal with the same issues my formula sheet looks like gibberish at first glance. It's awful.
>>
>>50951478
Do you think so? Why?
I had my heart set on it. Brit to Aus.
>>
>study and stress out over tests
>get low Bs

>say fuck it and wing it
>As and perfect scores

Every single time. What's wrong with me.
>>
>>50953210
It probably wont be so bad if you are traveling somewhere that speaks the same language. I'm in Paris and, even though I speak decent french, it adds a layer of unpleasantness to every social interaction. Plus you have essentially restart your social life which sucks.
>>
File: 1549025721058.png (510 KB, 850x474)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
I DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO FUCKING WORK AND FUCK THIS SHITTY COMPUTER SCIENCE COURSE
>>
>>50928655
nah, i've known it happen to a lot other people
some women are just crazy anon
besafe becareful
>>
>>50921720
I get a feeling my communications teacher is one of those people who hates handing out perfect scores on assignments, which is gonna fuck me since I'm trying to maintain a 4.0 again this semester.
>>
Going to uni soon. Dont wanna. NEET lyfe is best. Ngl I am a bit bored and secretly hope this time around uni will be fun, but I know it's just gonna be torture like the first time.
>>
>>50955493
It is. I'm on the second time around too. It's been nothing but anxiety and stress.
>>
File: waifu.png (133 KB, 449x466)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
Question for all the anons in /uni/, whats waiting for you if hypothetically, college doesn't work out and you walk away as a "drop out"?
>>
>>50956893
Nothing, that's why I haven't dropped out.
>>
File: 1514572592257.png (166 KB, 646x700)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>50952494
>tfw doing English because I love it and will happily grow up poor unless i write a best seller or gain recognition
>>
File: cadet annoyed.png (289 KB, 567x584)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>it's a Prof doesn't show up and didn't email the class episode
ffs he had to have said something since only 3 of us showed up today
>>
>>50956893
nothing but my parents' disappointment
>>
>>50957149
yes very likely. check your course syllabus. my professor lists the days that there's no lecture despite it saying so on the roster
>>
>>50956893
I already dropped out once and was a NEET for 2-3 years so dropping out again is not an option
I rather have no social life and sacrifice everything but I cant drop out
>>
>>50957239
not on the syllabus, though when I checked at 4 am or so the online homework assigned for today got pushed back to friday.

maybe he had an emergency or something. either way i'm more annoyed that i went instead of staying home to sleep more
>>
>got into college at 17 years old
>fucked up
>hard
>dropped out after a year and remained a neet for 4 years
>finally getting back to school
A bit nervous, not sure if I'm gonna make it. Everyone's gonna be younger than me and I have no way of explaining what I was doing for four whole years.
>>
>>50927769
>>50943673
Nurses make so much money, you have no idea. Starting wage is 32 an hour
>>
>>50959026
So you're 21 right? what year are you? I mean I'm a sophomore at 23, so don't feel too bad.
>>
>working on capstone project
>system co-lead for SAE team last term
>co-lead dropped out beginning of this term
>now i gotta finish this shit with no help
>capstone and car need to be built in next 3 weeks
im fucked boys, can't imagine what its gonna be like actually working for 40+ hours a week
>>
>>50937938
>Hasnt even started his degree
>Already extremely stressed

Its going to be torture for you

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.