[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1563001242709.jpg (69 KB, 353x565)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
How the fuck do you talk to people? Are you able to entertain conversations longer than 30 seconds?
I always see people talk for over 10 mins and I wonder what the fuck they're talking about. They talk about music. I also listen to music, but I have nothing to say about it. This is the same for pretty much anything else. Any good speaking tutorials?
>>
>>53369176
There is absolutely no tutorial on talking. The best way to learn is to just get hands on about it.
Be nearby someone, start talking to them. About anything.
>>
>>53369176
Cant give you a tutorial, you need to go and do it yourself.
>>
>>53369176
Listen first and then ask questions. People like talking about themselves
>>
>>53369176
Pretend to care about the crap they say
>>
>>53369331
>>53369302
I do, but the conversation isn't sustainable without my contribution
>>
>>53369176
I think the best way to get started is either with a group of people around 4 including yourself. They can entertain each other, you can take note of how they form the conversation and progressively give more input.
>>
>>53369176
>>53369407
You dont do anything anon. You dont get out and live a life so you dont have shit to say about anything. Gotta do more things and talk to people about them to practice talking. Even just a nightwalk is worlds better than nothing.
>>
>>53369176
If you don't want to talk to people, then don't talk to people. Enough of this "wahhhh i wanna talk to people but im so lonely cuz im socially anxious omg", I just follow my gut... its very simple... if i dont want to talk to people, then i don't do it.

Usually there is a gut reason for it, too. social anxiety is an evolutionary mechanism for the socially awkward to protect against social ostracization. After traumatic social accidents at an early age, Autistic hunter gatherers became mute in order to avoid getting kicked out of the tribe for being cringy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.