[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Omuamuamuamua.jpg (191 KB, 1280x731)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
It's not alien ship. It's [spoiler] ALIEN [/spoiler]
>>
>>10063311
Why didn’t this make bigger news? I realise there are all sorts of interstellar objects passing by, but that it was the first of its kind we have spotted and that they had to make an entirely new designation should have wowed people more
>>
>>10063311
What is this
>>
>>10063311
It's literally an animate rock? That is the most boring alien I've ever seen.
>>
>>10063318
>it's something in between an asteroid and a comet
WOWWWWWW
>>
>>10063379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYpMZnmjHps
imagine bart's voice saying that because for whatever reason the sound is not working
>>
>>10063318
Starting next year, we'll be able to detect 12 of these things per year.
>>
>>10063387
Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree. They're gearing up for something big, and it won't be good for humanity.
>>
>>10063311
I think this is interesting.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/our-solar-system-s-first-known-interstellar-object-gets-unexpected-speed-boost
>>
>>10063387
elaborate
>>
>>10063853
A new observatory specializing in this will become operational. We found oumuamua completely by accident. It is estimated that extra-solar objects visit the solar system about 12 times every year, but we'll see
>>
is this iron wood? or a joke?
>>
>>10064141
aaaaa that's what you meant. I thought maybe some aayyyyylmaoooos
>>
>>10063318
There wasn't much to tell about it. An extra solar object that by the time anyone noticed it, it was already well on its way back into interstellar space.
Neat, definitely, but not something that's going to stay at the top of the news cycle for more than a day.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.