[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Anyone have advice for serious hypothyroidism? Not sure what articles to trust on this topic. I'm going to an endocrinologist in about 2 weeks. But so far I've been suffering all of the symptoms, and they're only getting worse. For instance, I actually forgot to close my garage door today. It's the first time I've ever forgotten something so important.
>>
eat more salt
>>
>>9675757
M8 I'm a retard but I'm not autistic.
>>
>>9675768
salt has iodine
>>
>>9675772
I already include a decent amount of salt in my diet. But I really doubt that'll be enough to help if my symptoms have gone this far.
>>
>>9675781
have you tried consuming more salt
>>
>>9675750
Cho should be /lit/
>>
>>9675787
I guess now I should consume more salt
>>
>>9675750
Cut out caffeine if you haven't already
>>
>>9675809
Yep
>>
>>9675750
You forgot to close your garage door and you're beating yourself up over it... Have you ever considered that might be your disease (the way you stress and the way you treat yourself when you do something you see as bad)
>>
>>9675944
No the garage door was sort of just like my wake-up call to finally get my hypothyroidism fixed for good. I was already diagnosed by the doctor after some blood tests, and I suffered from constipation and fatigue among other issues.
My constipation has mostly gone away due to higher fiber intake and more water.
>>
>>9675955
That's awesome that your constipation is going away. How is the rest of you feeling? What are your exercise habits?
>>
>>9675750
See your doctor, take your pills, know the symptoms of shit getting out of balance and don;t ignore it when shit gets out of balance.

I have basically no thyroid, that works for me.
>>
>>9675962
I WAS exercising but school got in the way so for the past 2 or 3 weeks I haven't been as physically active. But I normally do 3 mile runs, and PT training for marines. I also do regular compound exercises like bench.
>>
>>9675972
Ok that sounds awesome. Are there any physical activities you haven't done that sound really good to try?
>>
>>9675974
Forgot to mention I also used to box.

Right now I also tend to do a lot of car work.
>>
>>9675750
talk to your doctor not 4chan

dumbass
>>
>>9675989
Ok. What would you like to do for a week if given free reign?
>>
>>9675993
I would go back to practicing stocks, doing my exercise, eating the way I'm supposed to eat, and study for my calc 3 final coming up
>>
>>9675750
You're going to a doctor anyway and as you said here >>9675955 you were already diagnosed. You'll just take pills daily and symptoms will improve. And from your other posts you seem to live a healthy life so I wouldn't worry so much.
>>
>>9676042
But what worries me is the forgetfulness. I actually forgot to close my garage door. Someone could've just taken my cars or come up stairs and murder my family for all I know.
>>
>>9675750
Lob your thyroid off
>>
>>9675750

Someone should update this table of shooters.
>>
>>9675750
Omg dude is your hyperthyroidism manifezting as fatness and balding? If so youre just a lazy loser with bad habits no work ethic and pathetic inability to exert will power or determined proactivity. Hyperthyroidism is a convenient scapegoat to help you cope and not have to fsce the reality of your failure.
>>
OP, you should probably go close the garage door.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.