[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Clash of the Titans.jpg (82 KB, 640x640)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Previous >>81443860

>Friday February 16 - ESPN US
Raymundo Beltran vs Paulus Moses

>Saturday February 17 - WBSS ITV Box Office UK Fox Sports Australia
George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jr
Ryan Walsh vs Isaac Lowe

>Saturday February 17 - Showtime US
Danny Garcia vs Brandon Rios
David Benavidez vs Ronald Gavril

>Saturday February 17 - FOX US
Devon Alexander vs Victor Ortiz
Caleb Plant vs Rogelio Medina

>Saturday February 24 -WBSS ITV UK
Callum Smith vs Juergen Braehmer

>Saturday February 24 - BT Sport UK
Anthony Yarde vs Tony Averlant

>Saturday February 24 - HBO US
Sor Rungvisai vs Juan Francisco Estrada
Donnie Nietes vs Juan Carlos Reveco
Carlos Cuadras vs McWilliams Arroy

>Thursday March 1 - NTV Japan
Luis Nery vs Shinsuke Yamanaka
Ryosuke Iwasa vs Ernesto Saulong

>Saturday March 3 - Sky Sports UK
Kell Brook vs Siarhei Rabchanka
Gamal Yafai vs Gavin McDonnell
Lenroy Thomas vs David Allen

>Saturday March 3 - Channel 5 UK
Josh Taylor vs Humberto Soto

>Saturday March 3 - Showtime US Sky Sports UK
Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz
Andre Dirrell vs Jose Uzcategui
Jermall Charlo vs Hugo Centeno Jr

>Saturday March 3 - HBO US
Sergey Kovalev vs Igor Mikhalkin
Dmitry Bivol vs Sullivan Barrera
>>
Kalle basically confirmed yesterday on TalkSport that neither HBO nor Showtime will be getting involved with the super series at any point, though he didn't totally rule out ESPN. He also said that American fighters with American promoters won't really be the focus of the WBSS because getting any of them into it is too difficult.
>>
>>81533969
Right decision. It was Richard Schaefer who insisted on doing a show in America even though they didn't have a tv deal and it got low interest. The US scene is too much of a racket. Spike O'Sullivan wanted to fight Daniel Jacobs for the money being offered and Golden Boy said no because they've basically signed him to lose to either Lemeiux or Canelo. Eastern Europeans are cheaper and Eddie Hearn is willing to loan matchroom fighters and Kalle has his stable to use.
>>
>>81533969
Is there a video of the interview?
>>
>>81534126

pretty shitty tho. American promoters/networks who arent willing to work with each other is terrible for the sport.
>>
File: Tyson vs Douglas.jpg (379 KB, 1497x2106)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>48 years ago today
>>
>>81535534
they'll all be dead soon so thats a plus

american boxing has so much potential but the promoters are such cancerous rats

highly look forward to seeing errol spence fight 5 more times before he retires at the age of 39
>>
>>81535534
The format is really the antithesis to the way business gets done in American boxing. Hard career shortening fights back to back, can't be sure of the opponent, no biased judges to swing it for the home fighter, promoter loses the fighter for a year, a cash cow fighter with a rep can be thrown into a hard fight before the final risking their reputation. Great for fans, not orchestrated enough for promoters.

Then on the WBSS side they need to cut back. They have probably lost money on the first series, it has high production value that puts Sky and BT to shame, full of good world level fights and they've done 2 fights in Latvia and 1 low attendance fight in the US which won't have made much on ticket sales. Lack of major sponsors. If they go for Light Heavyweight division next I could see them leaving out Kovalev (money) and Gvozdyk (promoter problem)
>>
>>81536058

I think the fact they're holding the Cruiserweight final in Jeddah might make up for it somewhat, possibly laying the groundwork for some Arab investment
>>
>>81536058
consider the fact that the positive impression they've made while losing money on this tourney will allow them to make much more next time around without a significant drop in production value
>>
>>81536138
Your most likely right.
>>
heem here. Want to get better with my boxing skills for MMA since most fighters can't box for shit. The boxing gym near me is run by the Charlo brothers. Are they good boxers?
>>
>>81536478
Yes lol. anyone got that gif where lubin or something has seizure, right after charlo thrown one to his temple?
>>
>>81536478
>>81536516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZByXRl44jjo
>>
File: charlo_lubin_slo_mo.webm (2.16 MB, 640x360)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB WEBM
>>81536516
I have this
>>
>>81536478
theyre good

but do they own it or train at it?
if they simply own it but don't personally train there that might not mean much
>>
>>81536555
According to reviews I think they coach/train there sometimes
>>
>>81536058
great post lad. spot on
>>
>>81536598
worth checking out, chances are if you only have MMA-level boxing skills you'll benefit from spending time in any boxing gym. Though if you want to get significantly better quickly you have to obsess over it, practice every day, shadowbox constantly, visualise your leverage and balance on every shot, every punch you throw think what you can throw next and how to defend from the opening you create by throwing it, then drill all that shit into your muscle memory with repetition
>>
>>81536656
I'm probably gonna put a hiatus on MMA and train there for 6 months. Obsession is my middle name, so I'm ready get gud.
>>
>>81535575
van der vaarts 7th birthday
>>
>>81536787
also watch lots of boxing
imitation is a great skill of humans and you can really learn a lot by seeing how the greats do certain things, frazier throwing a left hook for instance, if you learn to emulate his head and body movement as he loads up the shot you really feel the difference in the execution
>>
>>81536879
Recommendations? Some unorthodox ones would be neat as well.
>>
>>81536998
height, weight and reach
so I can tailor my recommendations to your physical capabilities
>>
>>81537042
5'9
Around 170 lbs.
74 inch reach
>>
naoya's technique is triple g esque, except he retreats more
>>
>>81537484
decent stats
check out the best current welterweights and middleweights

errol spence jr
canelo
the charlos
Kieth thurman
GGG
terence crawford (hot shit and somewhat unconventional switch hitter)
shawn porter
danny garcia
kell brook
danny jacobs
billy joe saunders

these are all active and highly skilled active guys who represent a wide range of styles, though for yourself don't try and develop too specific of a particular style for your boxing too early on, i've found if you focus on your fundamentals as much as you can a particular style will tend to reveal itself in your strengths the more you train

some guys have heavy hands, some have fast hands, some have great head movement or upper body movement and some have fast feet, the more you practice the more evident this will become to yourself

good luck
>>
>>81537763
Thanks bongbro!
>>
https://youtu.be/72jr9QWRd5s
>>
>>81537484
>74 inch reach
holy shit are you a cuban by any chance?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (74 KB, 900x900)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
What is your opinion on Boxing legends TV? Is he /box/ approved?
>>
>>81539219
keep in mind as an MMA guy he likely measured his reach to the tips of his fingers and not his knuckles as thats how they do it in MMA
>>
>>81539345
Thats still long af
>>
>>81539386
pretty similar to someone like floyd
definitely advantageous but not exactly a freak of nature

i'm a reachlet with less reach than my height :( 5'11 and 69 inches
monstrous power on the inside but I have to focus so much on footwork and movement to be able to deliver my payloads x
>>
>>81539308
no, lurk more
>>
/heem/bong here
Only ever watched MMA and know nothing about boxing. Want to try and get into it more but it seems like there's a lot of differences to get my head around.
Anything I can read or watch to understand how all the competitions and everything works?
>>
>>81539461
immersing yourself is honestly the best answer

just pop in here on saturdays, read the threads and watch the fights and see whats happening, next week through til end of may we have a lot of interesting stuff going on
>>
>>81536004

Oscar will go until he dies ODs in a hotel with a tranny prostitute and Arums son will run the business when his old man croaks so don't be too sure.
>>
>>81539617
once arum dies fast eddie will dempsey roll on the american boxing market
>>
>>81539446
What's your top 5 Evil Intentions boxers
>>
Fireman Jim Flynn
>>
>>81539702
I don't think Bob Arum really does much anymore I think his son in law does a lot as well
>>
File: 1517453878788.jpg (103 KB, 750x724)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Boxing is literally WWE
>>
>>81540109
You're thinking of mma
>>
File: pro_wrestling_boxing.webm (1.29 MB, 600x337)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB WEBM
>>81540109
Depends
>>
>>81540153
lmao what is this
>>
>>81540141
No, I'm talking about that ameriburg thing with undertaker and the funny midget
>>
>>81540153
what's he looking at?
>>
>>81540153
>>81540244

guy should have learned you never hook with a hooker
>>
>>81538229
Was expecting a shitty podcast type deal but this is pretty good
>>
Anyone think we'll see Inoue fight the winner of Yamanaka-Nery 2? Or is he going to go after Tete or Burnett?
>>
Light Heavyweight WBSS

Sergey Kovalev
Sullivan Barrera
Eleider Alvarez
Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Marcus Browne
Artur Beterbiev
Dmitry Bivol
Anthony Yarde
>>
>>81543102
He wanted that fight IIRC but we'll have to see. What weight was his last fight at?

>>81544560
>Light Heavyweight WBSS
>Marcus Browne
who?
>Anthony Yarde
who?
>>
File: Inoue-Boyeaux.webm (1.9 MB, 640x360)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB WEBM
>>81546901
He fought at 115 but it's clear he can't make the weight anymore, and he said he's moving up this year.

>Marcus Browne
Hot American prospect that's been blowing away his competition for awhile and is in desparate need of a step up onto the world level proper.

>Anthony Yarde
Hot British prospect that's been blowing away competition for awhile and is in desperate need of a step up onto the world level proper.

Both I think have the potential to take a world title in this already stacked division, and both for some reason are being overlooked in immediate clashes in the LHW division despite the fact that they will probably beat at least half of the top guys once they step up.
>>
>>81541433
Blood is a weirdo but he knows boxing history
>>81543102
Fuck I hope he does the same to that cheating spic bugrat
>>
>>81544560
You know this will never happen right?
>>
>>81547682
He's going to get destroyed by Nery again. That stupid nip is going to regret coming out of retirement.
>>
File: toney.jpg (19 KB, 306x374)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Post wasted talent
>>
>>81535404
https://talksport.com/boxing/fight-night-podcast-talksport-february-10-180211272023

It's like 45 minutes into this or something. Also says that Briedis is likely to be on the final's undercard but Dorticos won't be because he won't be ready.
>>
What exactly did he mean by this?
>>
>>81547322
Marcus Browne ducks everyone with a pulse
>>
>>81550578
Kalle+NisseSauerland

Verified account

@SauerlandBros
Feb 9
More
Board Meeting #WBSS today in Zurich....initial weight class decisions for Season 2 coming up shortly.....BOOM!!!!! #AliTrophy

https://twitter.com/SauerlandBros/status/962016820583526400

Light heavyweight is the best guess.
>>
>>81553266
#ThankYouAlHaymon
>>
joan guzman (undisciplined)
Mike Tyson (prison)
Ike Ibaebuchi (prison, madman)
Dimitri Pirog (early forced retirement)
Salvador Sanchez (killed)
Yuriorkis Gamboa (delet'd by Bud)
Meldrick Taylor (delet'd by JCC, arguably robbed)
Tyson Fury (undisciplined)
Edwin Valero (madman, killed)
Riddick Bowe (undisciplined)
James Tony (undisciplined)
Joe Calzghe (should have went to America earlier)

Any other big wasted talents?
>>
>>81537763
>crawford
>hotshit
Why you think so
>>
>>81554713
Ali would've been nice to see in those draft years when he was suspended.
>>
>>81554713
People say Wilfred Benitez was lazy in a lot of his training due to being uninterested.
>>
lets share some kino all acess and hbo 24/7s

mayweather vs hatton/de la hoya/ mcgregor were 10/10
>>
Name one, just one boxer more comfy watching then Foreman.
>>
>>81555337
I can't because thats a stupid memeword
>>
>got a problem, whiteboi?
>>
>>81554398
Yes but

>Sergey Kovalev
Possible, dunno if he has some multi fight deal with HBO though

>Sullivan Barrera
Possible

>Eleider Alvarez
Impossible, the PBC will never let him take part

>Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Impossible, Arum will never let him take part

>Marcus Browne
PBC

>Artur Beterbiev
Possible, some reasonable doubt he might avoid it though

>Dmitry Bivol
Would 100% take part

>Anthony Yarde
Not fought at anywhere near a high enough level yet
>>
File: Mick'd.jpg (137 KB, 620x500)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>81555519
>>
>>81547932
>>81547932
>>
>>81556244
>whitebois can only beat up senior citizens
kek
>>
>>81555611
I think these tournaments in the future will be more like the super middleweight tournament this time as opposed to the cruiserweight tournament, contenders and world class boxers mixed in rather than definitively settling the elite. Ramirez, Benavidez, DeGale, Zeuge were missing but it still had 4 or 5 good names.

4 seeded:
Bivol
Beterbiev
Barrera
Badou Jack

4 unseeded:
Frank Buglioni
Joe Smith Jr
Isaac Chilemba
Enrico Koelling
>>
>>81555611
I think Kovalev isn't that farfetched as his reputation dropped alot after the Ward ordeal, taking part and winning would do him good.
>>
>>81547322
joshua buatsi looks like he could take a title at LHW too
>>
>>81556467
Might as well start with the semis in that case. I believe Kovalev, Beterbiev and Bivol would 100% be up for it. Would be awesome if Gvozdyk could then fill the last spot somehow
>>
>>81556467
Jack advised by Haymon and Kalle basically said in that same interview yesterday that it's Haymon who's trying to block the WBSS most. Think you can rule him out.
>>
>>81556619
If he isn't tied in with HBO he'd absolutely enter yeah, if he is he won't be able to
>>
File: DV1vkL6WAAEWD7h.jpg (112 KB, 1200x675)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Seems as though Burnett has vacated the IBF, presumably so Eddie can get Paul Butler a shot at it. Can't see anyone in their rankings particularly worth avoiding unless they have news Inoue is going to try for it.
>>
>>81556872
>it's Haymon who's trying to block the WBSS most

What is this guy's end-game? To destroy boxing? He can't even be making any profit
>>
>>81556904
>Can't see anyone in their rankings particularly worth avoiding unless they have news Inoue is going to try for it.

Burnett seems shit-scared of Rodriguez. Butler will definitely lose too
>>
>>81556904
Eddie said they had 2 mandatories due but he could have delayed the WBA if they really wanted to keep the IBF
>>
File: toney1.jpg (64 KB, 650x368)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>“I’d have knocked Hopkins out, he was a simple, easy fighter to figure out,” blasted Toney. “The only reason y’all consider him a great fighter is because he held and head butted his way to titles and defences of the titles.”
>>
>>81556872
Well they have to have at least 4 boxers that represent the best so maybe they'll put up the money for Kovalev or just not do that division. but middleweight, super welter, welter are all impossible.
>>
File: teragon-dianabol-10.jpg (131 KB, 1292x1292)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>“When you watch him, when you see all the training,” Parker said, “it’s like they are doing all this new training and it looks really hard, and it looks intense, and it looks like the type of training that will prepare you for 12 rounds. But in saying that, just maybe their team need to work on a few things. We know that our team has a good structure and a good training program that will allow us to fight for 12 rounds if we need it. But I’m not sure why he tires. That’s something he has to sort of figure out.”

heh, i wonder why Joe.
>>
>>81557008
Based Hamburglar.
>>
>>81557047
It's not just his muscle mass, he just has a style that takes much energy, of course hell gas faster than a deontay wilder who keeps throwing jabs and straight rights from the distance the whole fight
>>
>>81557083
Then they should change his style to something more economical, if Blad wasn't a pussy he would have decked AJ when he was so tired in round 5/6. Heavyweight is a division which having a shit engine is even more dangerous then being slow or having a shitty defense.
>>
>>81557083
Okay. But why he take drugs? I don't understand shit about the drugs but what I get he is stamina problems due his mass. Then what are the pros of getting more mass by that methods if all are cons
>>
File: aj sponsors.png (2.44 MB, 1048x4958)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
>>81557297
>>
>>81556885
You never know, HBO might just air his fights only
>>
>>81557382
>>
>>81557297
Your punch are heavier, you can be dominant during clinch, you're less easy to knock out.
George Foreman for instance wouldn't have been able to push and manipulate as easily Frazier if he was 30 pounds heavier.
>>
>>81557297
some drugs give you more stamina

some even give you more speed, remember the balco case
>>
>my beautiful wife and i
>>
>>81557780
jesus christ, poor lad.
>>
>>81557792
Bet she looked better when she was younger. The future is grim for gfs.
>>
>>81557819
she looks 45.
when she was younger jeff was probably 10 years old.
>>
>fuck off mate, this is the chad section, virgins are over there.
>>
>>81557819
Man he must really love her or something. I cant imagine why a elite boxer with decent looks stay with a girls who looks like that.
>>
>>81557893
he was a cuck who got bullied in school, so he probably still has the beta manlet mindset.

probably lost his virginisty to her too kek.
can't believe people are rooting for this dork.
>>
>>81557908
Jesus Christ, crawford is gonna eat him.
>>
>>81557908
I give him props for manage to be a champion with that mindset tbqh.
>>
>>81557893
>>81557908
Maybe his sexual frustration is his route to success, looking at 3D projections of her over 5 years before fights.
>>
what is currently the best /box/ meme and why is it ronny mac posting?
>>
>>81558181
the canelo posting is always funny.
>>
>>81557109

posted without comment
>>
>>81558683
stopped at AJ
not worth a (You)
>>
>>81558683
what an awful post
absolute state of that
>>
i think the most respectable thing about mike tyson is that he doesn't do interviews with women unless he fornicates with them first.
man of class and prinicples, tbqh.
>>
>>81558683
Go back to /brit/ you autist
>>
>>81558885
havn't gone on /int/ for well over 6 months you rude motherfucker

that post i linked was from spee
call me an autist again and you shall taste the wroth of my left hook
>>
>>81558455
>whowhat eef my fren Golobkeen knocks me out?
>>
WBSS probably lost so much money it's hard for me to consider it long term viable although that's complete speculation on my part, hopefully not it's been the best thing in a long time for boxing
>>
>>81557893
Not like Crawford has the best looking wife on earth. The Hornet gonna sting him to death
>>
File: kalle.webm (1.94 MB, 720x404)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB WEBM
Kalle on it at the presser again today
>>
>>81559066
s n o r t b o i z z
>>
/ourguy/ on the comeback trail lads
>>
>>81559228
>get brought over to russia because you're assumed to be an easy touch
>win in such a way that people think it was luck so you get an easy unification fight
>manage to get the first chance to become undisputed champion in any division in like a decade
>even after you lose someone pulls out injured so you get a shot at an interim belt

Is based Julius, dare I say it, the luckiest man in boxing?
>>
File: bud.webm (2.58 MB, 640x360)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB WEBM
>>81559228
lol oh boy
>>
File: IndongKo.webm (2.72 MB, 720x404)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>81559272
2 can play at that game
>>
>>81559259
African magic
>>
>>81559336
what a stupid fucking ruskie.
>let me throw out this weak as fuck jab and just keep it there, i'll see what happens.
>>
>>81558908
>Golobkeen ease too goood, I can't do eat
>>
>trying to get me to pay even £3 for that trash in Germany

fucking lmao no thanks
>>
DAILY REQUIRED /box/ VIEWING

https://youtu.be/356pHwRIGiw
>>
File: usyk.jpg (117 KB, 1022x998)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Dunno how he manages to be simultaneously 100x more man than I'll ever be, but also a goofy weirdo at the same time.
>>
>>81559619
>I am feel- I am very feel
>>
File: dead meme.png (14 KB, 808x159)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>81559796
>>
>>
>>81560453
>>
File: DV2yAr4X4AIzrPw.jpg (242 KB, 1536x2048)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>81560470
>>
>>81560474
>>
File: DV2wjAwXkAM7Ogf.jpg (499 KB, 2048x1536)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
Name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.
>>
>>81559872
Well yeah his team killed it when they made tshirts
>>
>>81560524
>>
>mfw watching James Toney highlights

he was the slickest.
It's true he barely even trained and only sparred ?
>>
>>81559578
https://youtu.be/WL7KnkWWXbQ
https://youtu.be/SC-U180rLk0
>>
File: naughtykugan.png (15 KB, 585x162)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
really makes you think
>>
>>81539840
1.Mike Tyson
2.Mike Tyson
3.Mike Tyson
4.Mike Tyson
5.Butterbean
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (150 KB, 1280x720)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>81562243
>>
File: are kelle.jpg (29 KB, 532x265)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>81561414
>>
>>81562491
pfahahaha his new video got demonetized
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL2L0lVzt5k&ab_channel=BoxingLegendsTV
based jewtube
>>
>>81539308
Well edited but entry level opinions designed to impress casuals.
>>
>>81540244
>what's he looking at?
God
>>
>>81561414
>>81562751
haha Kalle and his serious drug problem and nobody cares, what a chap
>>
>>81564378

like in most jobs, if you're absolutely crushing it people will turn a blind eye
>>
>>81564378
One thing I discovered on the first month of my adultness is everyone do coke.
>>
what's the overall consensus on groves vs eubank here?
>>
>>81564863
Groves via SD
>>
>>81564863
Close to a 50/50 fight. I think /box/ must have played some small role into memeing Eubank into being priced as a favourite, he's a middleweight who has never been in a fight like this where as Groves has. Groves is a slow starter, Eubank's best chance is to start fast and KO him inside 4 rounds. The longer it goes on the more I think Groves will get a handle on it, box long when he needs to, prevent Eubank getting inside where he can be devastating. Groves decision.
>>
>>81564863
Poobank is a dead man. Stick the house on it.
>>
>>81565090
Can't. Lost it betting on Doriticos
>>
>>81565219
what about the vacation house?
>>
>>81558181

>tfw no more froch-posting

miss it tbqh.
>>
>>81560569

does ric flair even know what planet he is on?
>>
File: ronnie.jpg (153 KB, 1200x900)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>81558181
>he has bamboozled the opponent with a shuddering right hook to the solar plexus that has elicited a response of withering agony!
>>
File: Big Ron on the scene.jpg (111 KB, 951x549)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>81558181
>>81565616
Whats his secret ?
>>
Wait a second
He's an undefeated mexican world champion with skills who fights at a bigger weight class and has good power. Why the hell isn't he more well known and talked about? What the hell Bob, he's not even verified on social media
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (105 KB, 1280x720)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>81565785
pic related, the champ in question
>>
>>81565785
>>81565805
if he entered the WBSS he'd probably be more well known
>>
>>81565805
captain jack called
he wants his sunken chest back
>>
>>81565805
He hasn’t been fighting high enough level of competition. Like Callum Smith he’s a light heavyweight who fights at super middleweight so he’s dangerous but you can’t claim to be the best when your biggest name scalp is Abraham who Eubank beat. I saw them saying they’d go to England to fight Eubank but it’s a big presumption that Eubank will win the tournament who has 2 hard fights to get through, he has to fight the winner or move to light heavyweight.
>>
Reminder that Wilder's girlfriend is more famous than he is in America
>>
File: shannon-briggs.jpg (456 KB, 2000x1067)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>81565805
>the champ in question

there is only one Champ™, champ
>>
>>81558181

I fink u ment Bert posting m8? Watching your favorite fighters fights is for casuals. True /box/ patricians only rate fighters based on newspaper articles.
>>
>>81559066

Are Kalle. I wish I was loaded enough to be cooked out 24/7.
>>
>>81559444

Jurgen "Teutonic Sliccnes" Brahmer is worth it. You can tell your grandkids you watched the last ethnic German boxer fight live.
>>
File: 1462946704845.jpg (206 KB, 2900x2355)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>81560549
>well yeah
>>
File: Canelo.jpg (6 KB, 183x275)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
HOLY SHIT GUYS I THINK I JUST SHOT SAUL CANELO ALVAREZ

I was duck hunting with some friends (none of us are spics btw) in Mexico when we came across this one duck. I shot at it and clipped its wing. Strangely it started shrieking out a bird call I've never heard before. It sounded like " ADA LAID ADALAIIID". I don't know, guess it was calling out to another bird for help?
Anyway, we walked up to after it collapsed and were about to finish it when it weakly gasped " Ples jus don take me to Senor Golobkeen, estoy muy asustado".

pic related, does this look like him?
>>
>>81572251
I am unsure if I am unaware of a joke or if it was just shit.
>>
Memes aside, the best boxing memes are Bert and Barber, but Bane is the best meme.
>>
>>81559872
>mature culture of memes
>>
>>81574799

Stop shitposting or you'll be late for your shift at Jollibee.
>>
File: 4L_a57pLDtl.png (592 KB, 750x1334)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
The absolute state of boxnation social media
>>
File: ab.png (384 KB, 633x867)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
ABOUT MOTHAFUKIN BILLIONS BABY
>>
Floyd knows that if he loses to Conor in MMA that's still a loss on his record, right?
>>
>>81553266
Thats not roy jones
>>
>>81565805
bum
>>
File: cowering in fear.webm (1.98 MB, 640x360)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB WEBM
>>
File: IMG_20180213_094551.jpg (368 KB, 1536x2048)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>*blocks your path*
>What did you just say about British boxing?
>>
>>81535575

Tokyo Douglas vs Dusselfdorf Fury

Who you got?
>>
>>81565616
top commentary
>>
File: 1515473609905.png (216 KB, 588x589)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>81559420
Remember when little g fans said canelo would be KOed early? LOL
>>
>>81577657
no?
>>
for me, its always going to be Orlando Canizales
>>
>>81576628
Yall are all bums
>>
File: images (4).jpg (5 KB, 275x183)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
Stop rating bums.
>>
>>81576628
dillian looks like a manlet here
>>
>"In their prime, I think Pacquiao is the better fighter. He had more power, he had more knockouts, he was the better puncher," Roach said.

>"Lomachenko has good foot work, but he already has one loss on his record [to Orlando Salido]. He lost to a guy who didn't care about foot work and just outfought him. He is beatable, he has lost before. He is a very good fighter, but do I fear him - no."
>>
File: pttyldt.png (523 KB, 402x442)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
>>81580875
>>
>>81581189
would you?
>>
>>81581368
Fuck no
>>
is chris eubank the lavar ball of box?
>>
>>81581676
>comparing a warrior to a jester
>>
>>81580875
Same motherfucker who two months ago was saying Lomachenko is unbeatable unless you have a gun
>>
>>81581840
>unless you have a gun
or call for an uber
>>
>>81581693
But as far as being a father to a talented kid, yeah he is. You can argue that Sr has slowed down juniors career by keeping him at British level for too long
>>
>>81581848
>hey, you called for an Uber?
>>
>>81581855
he also hypes his kid up like lavar which is what you're supposed to do as a father, I don't get how people can criticize them for that
>>
>>81581960
His father shouldn't hype him like someone who would destroy everyone from mw to hw. Juniors record is all bums and got humiliated when trying to box with saunders.

I honestly hope Groves pulls a Gutknecht on him.
>>
>>81580875
Muh power
>>
>>81582146
yeah but he was young and saunders is a top 4 middleweight
>>
>>81582197
they're the same fucking age
>>
>>81582197
and bill was barely top 10 at the time in rankings.
means nothing, he's just not as good as BJS.
>>
>>81582197
Junior got schooled because he was against someone who wasn't a high guard forward plodding bum.

Senior's only good win is Benn. Fight me.
>>
>>81582491
>schooled

How about watching the fight retard? It was anyone's fight and Eubank had BJS rocked in the 12th. Another round and he would've been KO'd
>>
>>81582551
>12th round
>Another round and he had him ko'ed
Just stop lmao
Honestly do you think before you post something
>>
>>81536552
funny part about that is the same exact sequence had already happened once (maybe twice) before. so it was exactly as planned
>>
>>81582604
Imagine being this handicapped. I bet you think I'm a Eubank fanboy as well just because I made a point you didn't like.
>>
eubank is gonna kill groves. anyone who doesnt see this is officially a boxing pleb or a blinkered fanboy
>>
>>81533877
any reports on why adrien broner was arrested yet?
>>
>>81582993
groped some chick in a mall.
>>
>>81582993
grabbed a womans crotch
>>
>>81583009
>>81583018
why tf would he do that
>>
>>81583024
he's a pill head
>>
>>81582927
No I think you're a dumbass from bringing something up like 'another round and he would be out'.>>81582948
>>
>>81583024
its broner m8 hes JUST incarnate why wouldnt he do it
>>
>>81583063
You're the retard who said BJS schooled him when the fight could've gone either way. I was making a point you toothpaste faggot
>>
>>81583134
he did school him until he gassed because he wasn't in 12 round form
>>
>>81583161
Ah the old "Kell Brook would have beaten GGG if GGG didn't punch him really hard and win the fight" argument.
>>
To be honest, from the moment the seedings were announced to a couple of days ago I thought Groves would murder Eubank and it was a joke anyone thought it was close, but thinking about it Groves was massively in trouble against Chudinov and actually got pretty lucky. If Yoobz can withstand the early storm he is in with a genuine shot.

Still think Groves will merk him though, no defence and elite power.
>>
>>81577657
If the fight happened in 2015 like it should have, Golovkin absolutely would have stopped him. That's not me being a fanboys or anything. Golovkin was on a hot streak and still a good age, while Canelo was still in 154/155 and less experienced
>>
>>81577657
maybe some retard. The concensus was if Ggg dont KO him theres no way he would win. I was expecting canelo getting the decission tbqh
>>
File: 1518532085016.jpg (153 KB, 877x1224)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>
>>81583407
I want the big one to step on my balls
>>
>>81583275
>early storm
Groves is a slow starter my man
>>
File: ay rudeboy.jpg (153 KB, 1080x1146)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>81580791
ya tarkin absalute rabbish
>>
File: DVl5KuwXkAA9NUc.jpg (121 KB, 750x946)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
How long until he dies in a drink drive car crash or something lads?
>>
>>81583655
not soon enough
>>
>>81576628
who is the giant old man in the middle
>>
>>81583655
What is legit wrong with him though? Why is he freaking the fuck out?

I don't get why he didn't just retire and take up rapping. Even if it is shit, he'd still be happy doing it.
>>
>>81584025
>i need a xan and a perc
he's a junkie bro.
he'll check into rehab soon.
>>
File: DV7zvggX0AAW3Yo.jpg (166 KB, 750x1248)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
the absolute state jesus christ
>>
>>81585001
>win a meme belt sparring with grandpa Helenius
>ranked #1
>>
File: Picture1.jpg (68 KB, 627x326)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>81585001
>>
>>81585001
>>81585495
state of all of them tbqh
>>
>>81585001
lmao
>>
Wake up George, it's all over.
>>
File: DV7nGR7W4AEf9H5.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Heard from a good source that the Hugie announcement that was supposed to happen yesterday is Sexton for the British btw, will happen when fatso decides to stop being a shambles of a human being (ie probably never)
>>
>>81586084
what will Sr say when his manlet son gets absolutely smoked by /oursaint/?
>>
File: wheres-wallace.png (626 KB, 901x507)
626 KB
626 KB PNG
where's rigo, /box/?
WHERE THE FUCK'S RIGO?
>>
>>81553266
The most talented but Laziest fighter freddie roach ever trained. Freddie says this himself
>>
>>81555519
He should still be in prison
>>
>>81557780
Australian women are gorgeous blonde white angels and he’s already a living legend by breathing pacquiao no idea why he picked a thick waisted woman like this. I dunno maybe she has an amazing heart
>>
File: succer.png (182 KB, 377x405)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
/heem/ here, can we have Paulie? You guys can have Conor, deal?
>>
>>81588038
You can keep them both desu
>>
File: werdum.jpg (88 KB, 1152x715)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Why do boxing fans seem to be stuck in the 80s when it comes to understanding what works in little as possible rules fight?

Why do boxing fans think that MMA is a style instead of a platform where anyone can test their style in?

It's basically a place with the least amount of rules acceptable. You can elbow, punch, knee, kick, wrestle, use your bjj on the ground.

That's why people can punch when you fall on the ground. You guys probably don't watch many fights but high level fighters sometimes submit guys who follow them to the ground. See pic related.

Also olympic wrestlers, judokas, the highest level of bjj fighters, kickboxing champions and even boxers have tried MMA.
>>
File: triangle.jpg (54 KB, 800x533)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>81588377
Another example. The current interim lightweight champion defeated his opponent by using a triangle on the bottom. See pic related
>>
>>81588226
Lol /box/ doesn't appreciate based sidepieceman?
>>
>>81588377
>>81588468
Why are they hugging? are they "close" friends?
>>
Live Now
BG Podcast #86 - Previewing Chris Eubank Jr Vs George Groves & More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGQRAeDnKCg
>>
File: 1503825468463.webm (2.98 MB, 853x480)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>81588377
Fuck off, your faggoty ass sport got BTFO in 2017, and you should have been forced to stay in /asp/.

Top MMA PPVs of 2017:
>Bisping-St.Pierre did 875k
>Cormier-Jones II did 860k
>Cormier Johnson II did 300k
>Woodley-Thompson II did 300k
>Miocic-Dos Santos II did 300k

Top Boxing PPVs of 2017:
>May-Mac did 4.3 million
>Canelo-Golovkin did 1.3 million
>Joshua-Klitschko did 1.2 million
>Canelo-Chavez did 1 million
>Haye-Bellew did 800k

A real shame. Sideshow Bob vs 'Pretty' Ricky Conlan did about as much as your best PPVs.

Top MMA TV ratings of 2017:
>3 million peak for UFC on Fox 26
>3 million peak for UFC on Fox 23
>2.9 million peak for UFC on Fox 24
>2.7 million peak for UFC on Fox 25
>1.6 million peak for Bellator 175

Top Boxing TV ratings of 2017:
>30 million peak views for Murata-N'Dam II
>11 million peak views for Murata-N'Dam I
>5.2 million peak views for Inoue-Rodriguez
>5.1 million peak views for Thurman-Garcia
>4.4 million peak views for Pacquiao-Horn

Top MMA Gates for 2017:
>$6,105,306 from 18,201 tickets for Bisping-St.Pierre
>$2,662,645 from 17,834 tickets for Miocic-Dos Santos II
>$2,448,870 from 16,610 tickets for Jones-Cormier II
>$2,275,105 from 15,628 tickets for Holm-de Randamie

Top Boxing Gates for 2017:
>$55,400,000 from 13,094 tickets for Mayweather-McGregor
>$27,059,850 from 17,318 tickets for Canelo-Golovkin
>$10,808,400 from 90,000 tickets for Klitschko-Joshua
>$9,777,125 from 51,000 tickers for Pacquiao-Horn

You follow a dead, garbage sport and you should feel like garbage because of it.
>>
>>81588641
Ignore it lmao, he craves the (You)s
>>
>>81588641
Mfw WME is ruining UFC
>>
>>81588641
>>81588468
>>81588377
>>81588038
was is this shit
>>
>>81588564
Because "hugging" is a effective way of fighting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhmuZRe9ECc
but there are many KO's in MMA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMhOUJvwF-4

Before the first UFC many people thought like you. Stand up is the way to go but a skinny royce tapped out all the styles. This was in the fucking 90s. People who follow MMA already know that if you don't know grappling you're fucked in a 1 vs 1 fight.

>>81588641
>>81588660
I'm not craving yous or anything I'm just talking and using arguments. wtf? I'm talking purely about fighting and not what's more popular.
Ray Mercer got beat by a literal youtube street fighter on MMA rules:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DahOLe5z3Ek

James Toney got beat by a geriatric randy couture
Art Jimmerson got beat in the earliest ufcs by royce gracie.
>>
>>81588484
He's a pretty good commentator but he spergs out constantly these days
>>
>>81588794
Ray Mercer also knocked out cold a guy who just months before was a UFC Heavyweight champion.
>>
>>81588818
Do you refer to the Conor situation? He was done dirty, Conor is a scumbag
>>
>>81588853
And this was a 40 something year old Mercer. Not even the same one who mauled Tommy "White Hope" Morrison.
>>
>>81588468
>>81588377
>>81588641
I kinda miss this thing hahaha. Is like that crazy ex gf who keep coming at you just to throowing shit.
>>
>>81588853
That's one example and because he tried to box with him.
Ray Mercer lost to (read this carefully) a LITERAL LITERAL youtube street fighter. Do you realize this? He lost to a fucking LITERAL BUM a guy who fought on youtube in backyards, dude.
He also got his ass fucking in kickboxing, look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXkcYul1LRo

It was fucking sad.
>>
>>81588794
>MMA already know that if you don't know grappling you're fucked in a 1 vs 1 fight.
why do 99% of street fights end with a KO by punch, grappling is only useful under certain rules, no rules grappling is not as effective as you can bite and poke
>>
C'mon man, butthurt >>81588910
>>
>>81588891
James Toney was born in 1968 and he was embarrassed by a guy who was born in 1963 (randy couture)
Watch the fight
>>
File: NEXTGEN.jpg (165 KB, 1280x640)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Share price of NEXTGEN apparel about to shoot through the roof
>>
>>81588988
are you sure?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3SktSgFRPI
>>
File: NG.jpg (164 KB, 1364x2048)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>81589023
fuck wrong pic
>>
MMA and kickboxing has zero use in real life, it only work under restrictive UFC rules, bring in soccer kicks allow biting of the body and face and it's a different story
>>
>>81589052
watch security fights, it takes one punch as soon as your in range it's over.
1 shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSgWRS8R58g
>>
>>81588794
MMA isn't anything goes, it's a sport with its own particular rules that reward certain things. All the talk about what works in a "real fight" is just marketing
>>
>>81588962
Kimbo Slice also whooped a bunch of MMA fighters, Mercer didn't fight some pasty white youtube nerd. Never mind the fact that Mercer is in his fucking 50s.
MMA likes to take Boxing's old men and then beat up on them and pretend their sport is the more utilitarian one. In reality put Anthony Joshua in the street with Stipe Miocic and the little MMA figher wouldn't know what to do when a horde of angry street monkeys toss him to the ground and start stomping on him.
>>
>>81589071
MMA is not a style, dude. It means "mixed martial arts"
Anyone can fight in it but people who watch already know that if you only know one style you'll get fucked. You have to have a notion of grappling and takedown defense or you're getting raped

You ignored my link of people getting fucked in street fights with wrestling:

If you allow biting and soccer kicks the people who can get a dominant position will win the fight.
>>
>>81589052
>says 99% of fights end in ko by punch
>posts a 52 second comp of slams like it proves something
well done living up to the stereotype of a typical dumb shitzilian.
>>
>>81589164
>Kimbo Slice also whooped a bunch of MMA fighters
He beat some 90 yo fighters. He got embarrassed by anyone good.
>>
>>81589189
He pulled that number out of his ass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfZlhpEF5Oc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQWUnzXYoqc
>>
^don't (You) me
>>
>>81589297
I'm the only one providing source and videos. All of you are all talk and numbers pulled out of your asses.
>>
>>81589168
If you take a fight to a ground in Europe you get soccer kicked and your head stomped on, the ground is the worst place to be, BJJ only works if you are fighting in a desert with no one around.
>>
https://youtu.be/fGQRAeDnKCg
>>
>>81589336
>>81589297
same fag
>>
>>81588991
That's a powerful thirst for (You)s
>>
>>81589448
literally and unironically what did you mean by that?
>>
>>81589515
proxies, I assume
>>
>>81586984
Rigo is No Mas
>>
Wake up /box/, walk to recover go on.
>>
>>81565805
He's saying he'll fight the winner but his opponents getting talked up between then are bum city. Could try and beef w Truax/Degale or Benavidez if he wanted a big fight. Disappointing because I think he's solid.
>>
Broner is innocent
>>
adrien broner turned down 40mil for 6 fights

taken unashamedly from reddit

>Remember when he turned down 40 mil for 8 fights from RocNation b/c Jay z didn't personally call?
>AB's social media post: These the type emails I turn down. F-ck JAYZ Sh-t real out here #AboutBillions What the f-ck is 40 million for 5 years ha somebody go tell JAYZ to suck my d-ck with a elephant tongue WE GOOOOOD!!!!!!”
>>
>>81590503
Biggest waste of talent in the current wave of boxers
>>
>get into a streetfight
>try to grapple my opponent
>smash my head off the concrete

So this is the power of MMA...
>>
>>81589343
I'll give you that BJJ is bad if your foe have friends but MMA also includes wrestling and when you take someone down on concrete they get ko'd. I already posted the videos but even bjj can be handy in a 1vs1 situation
proof:
This one is crazy. The description claims that it's a thief disarming a policeman with bjj
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPi9agFQbvE
Small dude owns big dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSiYUOS--Ng

Also come on, you have to be very good to beat more than one guy even if you are good at striking.
>>
File: snap city.webm (2.9 MB, 270x480)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>81590930
yea, about that
>>
>>81590920
watched the videos I posted above

Also this

Actually there are many videos:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=slam+street+fight
>>
>>81590958
lmao that dude probably wasn't trained. i'll post a counter example of the same technique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btQOsttPhos
please watch
>>
>>81590962
get a grip

boxing is by far the most real world applicable martial art, while you're doing your mantis stance I'll just chin you once and that will be that
>>
>>81590920
>get into a streetfight
>guy takes mma fighting pose
>pull out a pair of scissors and literally kill him with quick left jabs
Lmao realistic mma for you, a boxer with a knife>>>3 mma plebs with a weight advantage
>>
>>81590990

I thought you northern lads just glassed cunts.
>>
File: dancecomander.png (779 KB, 838x635)
779 KB
779 KB PNG
>>81590958
kek what the hell he was trying to acomplish
>>
>>81590930
>>81590962
>>81590987
Why are you still here? We like boxing and we're going to keep watching boxing. You like UFC and you're going to keep watching UFC.

What's the fucking point in wasting your afternoon on this shit? Get a life.
>>
>>81591070

Backdrop suplexes are fucking retarded on the street. You're supposed to turn so when you slam the fuck you end up in side guard. That's like judo 101
>>
>>81591047
only if I'm really angry with someone
(the real reason is any sentencing I'd recieve would be much harsher), plus theres really no point when I can easily beat the shit out of 95% of people with my bare hands anyway
>>
>>81591093
I'm just talking, dood. I'm not telling you to stop liking boxing. I think boxing is great. I'm just arguing a point because I think boxing fans disrespect mma too much so I presented my arguments. No need to get hostile.
>>
>>81559092
the best part is his bantz with people that make fun of him. other promoters wouldnt take that so well
>>
>>81591133
>No need to get hostile

Except the fact that you're shitting up our thread just because you're insecure about your sport?
>>
>>81559619
what is it with heavy 6ft+ men liking sticc women.
>>
>>81583024
he voted trump. no joke
>>
N
>>
O
>>
M
>>
A
>>
S
>>
File: dooran.jpg (109 KB, 1310x873)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>81591394
>>81591418
>>81591431
>>81591454
>>81591603
>>
>>81581189
el goblino...
>>
File: gasp.jpg (32 KB, 374x419)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>81581189
>>
>>81585495
>Charr
how the fuck did that happen?
>>
dont really rate shane mcguigan as a trainer
feel like he's a bit of a yes-man
>>
>>81592283
hey shane i know ive got a fight coming up but i want to ride a jetski in miami... is that cool?
>>
>>81588641
McGregor will come back to MMA late this year and break records again, no worries
>>
>tell Manny that I'll get the WBO to make him mandatory at 140
>>
>>81591213

It's funny until you realize he has a serious problem.
>>
>>81593782
Everyone has problems, like me man. I can't stop thinking about her ;_;
>>
>Floyd wants to fight CM Punk in an MMA match

*inhales*
>>
>>81596426
lmao what a joke
>>
>>81596426
just threw up in my fucking mouth.
>>
File: 9999 belts.png (72 KB, 1174x528)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
How do you guys follow the champions and contenders of all these weight classes?

Serious question
>>
>>81596808
I don't really follow champions and contenders, only follow fighters that I like to watch
>>
>>81597514
What are some good fighters to follow?
>>
File: 1345502651502.jpg (101 KB, 598x900)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>Broner arrested for grabbing a woman by the pussy
>Omar Figueroa arrested for DUI
Not sure I've ever seen both fighters try this hard to get out of fighting one another
>>
>>81597575
Everybody has their favorite styles. Are there any fighters you think are interesting or fun to watch, whether active or retired? I can go from there
>>
>>81596808

when most of them only fight once or twice a year it's pretty easy
>>
>>81597608
>Figueroa, listed at 5-foot-8, 170 pounds -- 30 pounds heavier than the contract weigh for the fight -- was booked into the jail at 6:28 a.m. Jan. 29 and released on his own recognizance.
30 POUNDS OVER THE WEIGHT LIMIT
>>
>>81598003
3 months to lose like 15-20 lbs and a 10-15 lb weight cut. He is probably less than 170 aswell, with all his clothes on and full of booze.

he'll be ok.
>>
anyone see romero knock out rockhold
>>
>>81598003
Probably a guess, I doubt he stepped on a scale when they booked him
>>
>>81597575
To be honest following fighters isn't even the best because great fighters can be in a lot of trash fights depending on various factors. These are the announced fights between top guys that seem closeish to 50/50 on paper

1. Eubank vs Groves
2. Rungvisai vs Estrada
3. Wilder vs Ortiz (and Dirrell vs Uzcategui on the same card)
4. Joshua vs Parker
5. Lara vs Hurd
6. Canelo vs GGG 2
7. Stevenson vs Jack
8. Usyk vs Gassiev
9. Eubank/Groves vs Smith/Braehmer

Good year for boxing actually, very very strong lineup
>>
File: 4L_PVG0FdCQ.png (138 KB, 750x1334)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>81586151
There we go
>>
File: linarescrolla.webm (1.96 MB, 1280x720)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB WEBM
>>81596808
The boxing community is a small group and you always can keep an eye on what are they watching for reference.
>>81604784
You can always get a good fight on the undercard of the big fights and discover some promising prospect to follow.
>>81597514
Like this anon say, eyetest. I dont follow other sports but in most of the cases follow big events or teams and they are themself a seal of quality. Boxing is an individual sport with tons of guys having different styles, there are some guys how more pleasing to see. At first you just want to see guys hitting hard but by watching more and more fight you start to apreciate other things.
>>
>>81605123
Is Linares the heaviest hitter at light weight?
>>
>>81590958
Fuck did he die?
>>
>>81577657
Yeah lol. GGG fans are faggots
>>
SHADES OF ALI
>>
>>81606521
nah just quadropedialised, which is kinda worse
>>
>>81605609
I'd say Berchelt but I'm not sure
>>
File: 550.png (64 KB, 600x704)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>81583289
by hot streak you mean back when he was fighting 2nd rate opposition. hmm maybe thats why he looked good?
>>
>>81588641
This guy gets it. mma is losing popularity. hitting record low rating year after year, lol.
>>
>>81596808
It's really honestly not that hard.
>>
>>81606814
he beat canelo and danny jacobs, why do you think he's shit again?
>>
>>81606814
I get what are you implying but ggg is on decline, yeah he is stepping up the competition but you can see he is slower. He still have and insane workrate and precision but he is not as fast on the feet
>>
>>81605026
This is in with a shout of being the worst heavyweight fight of all time.
>>
File: Nsgmz7d.gif (1.51 MB, 320x240)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB GIF
>>81606712
>quaDROPedialised
>>
>>81606712
Really? Fuck man. How can be someone that fucking retard and do that to himself
>>
Jake Paul hates boxing
>>
>>81608208
/ourguy/
>>
>>81588962
yea so on old mercer knocked out a younger ex-UFC heavyweight champ

And a young prime MMA star go his ass kicked by a 40 year old midget in a boxing match.

A prime MMA superstar has no shot in boxing
But even a washed up boxer still has a shot at MMA
>>
>>81606977
he never was fast and its now much more noticeable vs a guy with fast feet like jacobs and a guy with fast hands like canelo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1L1L6Lwg4
>>
>>81608881
God I hate this cunt so much
>>
>>81608809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPhq5KK3Jno
He has no memefootwork but he used to be faster
>>
File: gervonta.jpg (32 KB, 400x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>81608881
I WANT GERVONTA TO KILL THIS FUCKING FAGGOT REEEEEE
>>
>>81608881
dork
>>
How many fights does a good boxer have in a year? Im trying to get into boxing but dont know where to find good fights. When is the next Vasyl fight?
>>
File: aunt vagene.jpg (362 KB, 949x1500)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>81609148
they've finally found /box/
>>
>>81609148
make an account on boxrec and follow all the boxers you're interested in. you can view them in a list which shows the date of their next scheduled bout
>>
>24
>45 - 0

is he en route to becoming TBE?
http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/568482
>>
File: alha.jpg (47 KB, 806x960)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>81609148
One in a year
>>
>>81609148
The greatest boxers only fight once every 2 years.
>>
>>81609305
King of supermanlets will beat him there
http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/383177
>>
>>81609148
Active pro at their peak fights 2 to 3 times a year. Lomachenko doesn't have a fight scheduled yet but it will be April/May time maybe against Linares. You can look at the OP for the fights over the next month that matter, look at boxrec.com or go to
https://www.ringtv.com/upcoming-livestreams/schedule/
>>
>>81533877
Joe Joyce v Rudolf Jozic is missing from the OP, on Dave this Friday I believe
>>
>>81609576
He's no CP Freshmart
>>
>>81609148
>Im trying to get into boxing

Good schedule on this weekend, Groves/Eubank has the potential to be a real war followed by 2 pretty good US cards. As others have pointed out, top fights fight every 6 to 12 months. And boxrec is a great website that tells you everything you need to know about fighters as well as what events are up and coming
>>
>>81609024
some tmt fighter push his shit a little already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjPhf2RGrIs
>>
File: dexter.png (154 KB, 337x304)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
Just Rewatched Canelo-Lara. If you think Canelo won that you are biased or you dont know shit about boxing
>>
>>81610118
this
>>
>Beristain about the Convention of World Boxing Council
>I dont like them because they rob the boxers, and they just make that to get alcohol and prostitutes.
>>
THIS FUCKING FEEL
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (66 KB, 1280x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>81609024
>Tank ain't ready yet
>>
If Canelo is so good, why didn't he convincingly beat Golovkin the first time?
>>
>>81611388
have a (you) for taking the time to come up with a troll post that will guarantee replies.
>>
hopefully this time calelo won't be on his bicicleta the whole fight.
personally, i can't wait to see the fire crotch spic get his head taken off.
>>
File: 1513182179605.png (104 KB, 362x363)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
First time since I've gotten into boxing where theres almost a dozen fights over a 3 months period that should be good and that I actually care about and it all starts saturday

I'm thinking Wilder Ortiz will be the biggest shitshow, The WBSS CW final could be too that Usyk guy seems shifty to me
>>
james toney or rjj?
>>
>>81612064
>that Usyk guy seems shifty to me
ban
>>
>>81612064
Yeah it's a good few months, last year was amazing too once it got going.

George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jr
Danny Garcia vs Brandon Rios
Callum Smith vs Juergen Braehmer
Sor Rungvisai vs Juan Francisco Estrada
Kell Brook vs Siarhei Rabchanka
Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz
Sergey Kovalev vs Igor Mikhalkin
Regis Prograis vs. Viktor Postol
Sergey Lipinets vs. Mikey Garcia
Oscar Valdez vs. Scott Quigg
Dillian Whyte vs. Lucas Browne
Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker
Jeff Horn vs. Terence Crawford
Saul Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin
David Haye vs Tony Bellew

Then theres Broner, Jacobs, Frampton, BJS, Taylor, with fights as well as plenty that I've missed and the WBSS finals
>>
>>81612248
>Regis Prograis vs. Viktor Postol

Regis Prograis vs. Julius Indongo
>>
File: hughie.png (664 KB, 612x789)
664 KB
664 KB PNG
Kek, bit of a step down isn't it?
>>
>>81612263
yeah my bad
>>
>>81612309
>sam sexton
literally who?
>>
>>81612398
British HW champ. Will only ever be domestic level. Beaten by Price and Chisora, chance for him to prove himself, which he won't. I don't understand Fury didn't go down the domestic route in the first place if he's as good as he says. Looks like he didn't want tough brawls with the likes of Chisora or Whyte when he comes back from the Parker defeat to fight the likes of Sexton
>>
>>81612248
>mentioning all those 5/10 mismatches and fights which are sure to be boring but leaving off Jack vs Stevenson, Lara Hurd the Cruiser final

Weird list lad.
>>
Even Inoue wants no part of Tete it seems, was guaranteed a shot at him if he wanted it. Shame that, was one of the matchups I was looking forward to most this year and thought it was more or less 100% guaranteed.
>>
>>81533877
Guys what should I bet on for the George vs Eubank fight?

Please help
>>
>>81612064
Uysk vs Gassiev is unironically going to be one of the best fights of the century. Half tempted go get the PPV just so I can watch it in my living room
>>
>>81612681
The one who isn't a britbum.

Choose wisely.
>>
>>81612688
Would be semi surprised if it's even on PPV, it's quite a niche fight with no casual appeal.
>>
>>81612681
Groves KO, stick the mortgage on it lad.
>>
>>81612799
just stuck 250 on a KO
>>
>>81612832
Good choice lad enjoy your free money
>>
>>81612784
Wait...does this mean we might get more ITV4 kino with /ourguy/?
>>
>>81608809
>that show
>>
>>81612658
They were negotiating it for after Navarez but Tete got injured. Inoue needs to fight so it may as well be for a bullshit belt while he's waiting to see if Yamanaka beats Nery. That'll be the fight he really wants.
>>
>>81612688
I'm worried Uysk is gonna fuck is up running for his life up on points and getting dirty down on points

its free to watch here thankfully I had to watch Gassiev v Dorticos on someone else's phone at work, Like 5 people ran over while I was screaming obscenities in the 12th
>>
>>81612843
Ronald McDonald commentates the PPVs too, just gets a colour commentator with him. No matter what we can expect plenty of salvos in the 2 finals.
>>
>>81612920
What even is a salvo?
>>
>>81612930
Must admit he's the only person I ever hear use it.
>>
ronny "salvo savvy" mcintosh
>>
>>81612688
>not plugging you laptop/pc in to the TV
>>
Amazing that Eubank is only a year younger than Groves. You think about the careers they've both had and it feels like Groves is on the tail end of his while Eubank's is only just starting.
>>
File: groves-starkey-wbss.jpg (108 KB, 800x533)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htVDCgUDG9U

full press conference for st george v eubank
>>
>>81613142
Yeah I was convinced Groves was older. How long can Eubank maintain the style he has though?
>>
>>81613195
Where is the prestigious IBO title?
>>
File: cocaine kalle.webm (1.79 MB, 720x404)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB WEBM
When you're pissed and getting near the club so you try and pull yourself together in front of the bouncer
>>
>>81613198
Eubank hasn't been in the hard fights that take a wear and tear on the body, he's still fresh so he can compete at the top for years yet. Whether or not that's at SMW depends on if he gets beat Saturday by a bigger man

This is an interesting assessment from Adam Booth who has worked with Groves, Eubank, BJS:

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/adam-booth-says-chris-eubank-jr-wont-have-been-hit-harder-and-george-groves-wont-have-been-hit-as-often-on-saturday-night/

>“Groves is more dangerous but less tricky. Billy Joe is not as easy to get to as George. Once George stops punching, he’s not difficult to get to, whereas Billy Joe is difficult to get to whether he’s punching or not punching.

>“In terms of difficulty, Eubank is tougher than anyone Groves has boxed. If he can’t keep Eubank on the end of that long jab, the fight is incredibly hard for Groves and Eubank will be the hardest opponent he has fought.

>“A lot depends on whether Groves can control the distance and whether he’s emotionally and technically competent enough when he can’t control the distance. But they are both wrong for each other. Eubank is potentially going to be hit harder than he ever has been hit. I don’t think George will be hit harder than he ever has been hit, but, if he allows Eubank to claim that space, he will certainly be hit more than he’s ever been hit.”
>>
>>81613245
>>
lol eubank got groves so pissed in this conference.
i think he's going to try and put eubz into a coma when they fight, you can tell he fucking hates him.

going to be spicy, boys.
>>
>>81612681
I wouldn't bet on that fight but groves has pretty good odds because of the memes
>>
>>81613195
>start video
>Kalle immediately twitching and touching his eyes
jesus christ pull yourself together mate
>>
>>81613530
I can't see it being anything other than a banger. Groves as the natural super middle should obviously be trying to control the range so Eubank can't let off 100 punches per minute and look to land the single big shots on Eubank. But I think in the first 6 rounds George won't be able to resist getting into a war with him and will want to show he can stand with him as well as box, they both believe they can get a KO
>>
>>81613530
Neither have that 1 big KO blow, and they both have badly hurt fighters. One of them could unironically end up being severely damaged from this fight
>>
https://twitter.com/KingWelbz/status/963799560933007361

>all the British people that retweeted this

The state. The absolute state of Britain.
>>
wait does Yoobz really not have a trainer
I thought this was a meme
>>81613803
Ireland is a part of Britain you fucking idiot
>>
File: Humble AJ.jpg (109 KB, 1200x910)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>The text that saved the Heavyweight division
>>
>>81613841
Those knuckles
>>
>>81613822
Not a proper trainer. Ronnie Davies is 72 and can't do pad work with him anymore and Eubank doesn't listen to him treats him like a waterboy. Then he has those younger lads in for the last couple years for pad work. He spars random light heavyweights and cruiserweights who have no experience in Hove
>>
>>81613822
trainers are a meme anyways, when it comes to having a gameplan he can go to his father anyways. thats why I don't get why some of you are worried about tyson fury changing his trainer. he probably still gets advice from his trainer
>>
>>81613919
It's more to do with the relationship. Peter Fury could keep Tyson in line and make sure he was doing things properly, the last thing he needs is a yes man. It's no accident the biggest excuse Fury fans make for his performance against Cunningham being by far the worst of his career is that it's the only one where he didn't have Peter in his corner.
>>
What did Billy Joe Saunders mean when he posted this?
>>
anthony joshua would bang stipe out in a UFC fight in like 20 seconds
>>
>>81613631
You mean eubz
>>
>>81614120
eubank is 1,55 that's not enough
>>
>>81614156
1.70 on betstars.com I don't think he'll win though
>>
>>81614120
I think what Hans is trying to say is, Eubank is the favorite because of memes, therefore the odds on Groves are better
>>
>>81614203
You have to say Groves is the value bet, if you view it as genuinely 50/50 then you want the fighter above evens and Groves was up at 2.62 the other day. The odds will fluctuate a lot in play
>>
>>81613803
the second biggest of the "british isles" is a place called ireland you dip
>>
>https://youtu.be/2ybLgPNhvgE
Wow...... you can tell these two REALLY don't like eachother!
>>
>>81614326
>he'll probably blame his dad for sending him back down to middleweight
what did st. george groves mean by that?
>>
>>81613274
Poor guy gets the gurns so bad. I get them pretty bad myself but nothing like that. Some of my mates don't get them at all. It's just genetic, apparently
>>
>>81615440
I could definitely see how it would be easy to get reliant on as a big time boxing promoter. You'd have the cash for it and you'd feel invincible talking to the hundreds of people all day you must have to impress in that job.
>>
File: sometime.jpg (53 KB, 600x603)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>still no opponent
>>
>>81615742
cant wait for Keith Thurman vs Rod Salka lads
>>
>444 posts

>thread made 3 days ago

KEK

Nice """"poomunity""""
>>
Just watched the full press conference Eubank did have Groves a bit rattled
>>
>>81616765
It's the same idiots shitting up both threads. Nobody likes seeing that giant PPV buy spam here, either
>>
>this soylenta begging for (You)'s
>>
>>81616836
So did Sr with his referee comments. Groves losing the battle of the bantz
>>
>>81533877

Who's the better fighter P4P, Crawford or Lomachenko?
>>
File: vasilly and stepdad.jpg (509 KB, 1080x1080)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>81617571
>>
File: rocky.jpg (17 KB, 250x440)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>Manlet
>TurboReachlet
>Masslet
>White
>Undefeated Heavyweight Champion
how the fuck did he do it
>>
File: 000294.jpg (27 KB, 690x480)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>81620423
>>
>>81617746
>“We’re ready for whatever Terence brings. He can fight orthodox, southpaw, 'south-odox' or 'ortho-paw' – we don’t mind because Jeff is ready to change direction at any time. He and I are very confident that despite the heavy odds in favour of Terence, Jeff will shock the world again and be recognised as the best boxer in the world pound for pound.”

"The Hornet" Jeff Horn next P4P king
>>
>>81620423
reachlets tend to hit quite hard
>>
>>81620727
You faggots are the fucking worst. Rocky destroyed every opponent he faced because there was not a single fighter since him to have such stamina and pressure in the ring. Marciano was like prime Mike Tyson in the first two rounds except Marciano would last for 15.
>>
>>81620754
state of jeff horn.
honestly, i feel bad for him at this point.
>>
>>81620842
BJS would smoke him
>>
File: ringgirls.png (332 KB, 587x348)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
Kalle does it again
>>
>>81621287
what a legend
>>
>>81621287
he could have found a better blonde than that tbqh.
should have just added 2 more brunettes.

still a based move.
>>
>>81621287
Kalle monopoly when?
>>
>>81620423
He was a perfect athlete, stamina, chin, power, explosiveness.
>>
>>81620875
>become world championship prizefighter
>still marry a total dog
But why?
>>
>>81621472
She's one of the girls who got banned from doing the darts I think which I imagine is why she was chosen
>>
>>81606937
>ggg beat canelo
>>
File: 4L_OIrMGCzb.jpg (402 KB, 750x933)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
Hope you don't SERIOUSLY think any of those pleb uncultured MCs on showtime or hbo have my poise and class anons

*tips trilby and swishes dreads around, vanishing into the night*
>>
Lads how can I learn to box without having access to a boxing gym or personal trainer? The nearest gym is an hour and a half away.
>>
>>81623082
you can start by not being a stiff idiot
>>
>>81623082
Just buy a boxing bag and practice what you see on it.

You'll never become a good boxer but you'll at least learn self defense
>>
>>81622815
Wasn't he a schoolteacher or something before he started boxing seriously? I'm guessing he shacked up with her back then
>>
File: groves jab.webm (825 KB, 640x355)
825 KB
825 KB WEBM
groves really does have a great jab.
fast and hard.
>>
>>81621287
we unironically don't deserve kalle, he is too good for this world
>>
So is it basically that Kalle is the comedy frontman and Nisse isn't the autist brother who does all the work?
>>
>>81623627
*counters with 8 uppercuts*

nothin personnel kiddo..
>>
Floyd is legitimately mentally ill. I'm only starting to realise it now that he's retired.
>>
>>81613274

God bless Kalle.
>>
kalles accent is mad
genuinely would never guess that he's german
>>
>>81625557

What's Essex like?
>>
File: 1518068630300.jpg (30 KB, 762x574)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>81625044
you would be too after 30+ years of getting hit in the head
>>
I really hope Eubank Jr. ges back down to 160 and fights Canelo. That fight would be so fucking fun
>>
>>81625557
He grew up mostly in London, he’s a Tottenham fan
>>
>Chris Eubank Jr vs George Groves (TOTT) HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMBmt3W2p4
>>
>>81625720
No fight with Canelo is ever fun since it's impossible for any man to beat him by decision.
>>
>>81626231
TBE
>>
eubank jr is annoying i hope groves wins
>>
>>81628983

Eubz is the future. Get used to it.
>>
>>81629109
kid has dedication but his skills dont match groves
he might get knocked out
>>
oh and if eubank doesnt show improvement in this fight he wont be going anywhere
>>
>>81629171

I know sparring doesn't mean that much but Eubz gave Carl Froch good work when they sparred. Do I can't see Groves being that much better than him.
>>
>>81629313
groves dropped froch in a real fight.
>>
File: disappearing froch.webm (2.91 MB, 1012x720)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>81629357
>>
For a guy with such a talked about jab I don't think Groves throws it nearly enough
>>
>>81629439

Who won the fucking fight?
>>
>>81630475
When people talk about "british stoppages" this fight's ending is what they mean
>>
>>81609305
>unknown
>>
Y'all ready for the premature new thread announcement?
>>
>>81609305
http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/383177
>>
>>81634216
usually some brit makes the new threads.
>>
File: matthysse_kiram.webm (2.86 MB, 640x360)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>81635132
What's the deal with this guy? It's so weird seeing an undefeated fighter coming out of Thailand
>>
>>81635228
He is another fruit market champ who has made 14 defenses against some pretty good strawweight fighters. At lower weight classes as there is limited interest all big name fighters fight each other there is no ducking.
>>
>>81635228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uybPXAhNp5Q

>Matthysse couldn't get close to the iceman
>>
Y nuevo:
>>81635336
>>81635336
>>81635336
>>
>>81630475
I think Froch did. Something about him knocking Groves out in front of a million people or something? Anyone knows if his claim is legit?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.