[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: download (5).jpg (8 KB, 277x182)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Unlimited subs. Subbed off players can be subbed on again
>>
no offsides

no penalties
>>
>>82935181
>t. yank on holiday
>>
multiball
>>
give the players guns
>>
2 balls, 4 goals
>>
give the players tanks
>>
the answer is always multiball
>>
File: Smug Apu.jpg (69 KB, 699x485)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Dive in the opposing team's half = yellow
Dive in the opposing team's box = red
>>
give the players fighter jets
>>
>>82935443
t. c*lchonero
>>
twenty players on each side
no goalkeepers
you have to clench the ball with your asscheeks and run with it
>>
give the managers nukes
>>
>>82935181
Time outs
>>
clone pep
>>
No penalties, VAR, diving is rewarded with straight red card.
>>
How to improve the world: Nuke america and israel
>>
Instead of awarding a penalty kick, force the fouling team to play with 10 men for 10 minutes

Penalty kick in soccer is the most disproportionate penalty in sports by far
>>
>>82935181
that's gay. football should be improved by realizing that rules are there to stop the game from turning into a slaughter, not for actively influencing the game. if referees and rules were as minor and irrelevant as possible, the sport would benefit.
>>
Indirect freekicks instead of penalties. To be taken where the player was fouled within the box.
>>
>>82935662
I wonder who is behind this post.
>>
>>82935404
*America wins the world cup*
>>
1. round off the corners of the pitch to avoid time-play in the corner-area

2. replace the linesmen with lasers to determine offside

3. some sort of sticky vanishing paint on the ball to reveal wether a player touched it or not
>>
>>82935181
You are American, aren't you?
Yeess of course. It's impossible for European to be that stupid.
>>
Unlimited subs would make it so already overpowered teams like Real Madrid only become stronger and the weak teams become even shittier. I think up to 5 subs (subbed off players can't come back on) would be enough and it'd make the game a bit quicker.

Also, no penalties and ban Real Madrid and Barcelona from european competitions so they can't buy the refs. It ain't getting any better than this, fellas
>>
>>82935525
This but unironically.
>>
>>82935181
this is actually a great idea to keep the players fresh and allows them to play this huge amount of matches they're required to play because of (((marketing))).

>>82935400
>>82935427
these
>>
>>82935400
>>82935407
>>
Multiball would destroy football. Fuck off with that.
>>
Make goals worth 5 points. Add a 2-point penalty kick conversion opportunity after scoring a goal, like in rugby.

Make penalties worth 5 points still, but no extra penalty kick. Instead, as punishment, use a power play system

This would:
>reduce chance of draws
>reduce the disproportionate power of PKs while still discouraging fouls to prevent clear goals
>increase excitement due to more high-pressure moments after every goal
>not drastically change the fundamentals of the game
>>
File: 1523826874275.png (555 KB, 1280x720)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
>>82935400
>>82935427
>>82935525
>>82935617
>>
>>82935842
This
>>
strap oxygen tanks on the players back so they can run faster and longer
>>
*saves your semen slurping sport *

-Use objective time keeping with a stopping clock, unlike the guesstimating joke they have now
-Flop = automatic yellow card. 3 cumulative flops by a team = red card
-elimunate penalty kicks in favor of a free kick 10 yards back
-Allow timeouts
-technology lasers for offside
- Allow 2 challenge reviews per team

Leave it to an amerifat to once again fix the world's shit
>>
Playoffs and salary cap would save the sport.
>>
>>82935181

football should take some advice from ice hockey:

-two 30 minute halfs. clock stops when the ref whistles
-more physicality
-goal line technology
-offside technology
-more flexibility with regard to checking offside goals etc
>>
File: americanos.png (45 KB, 200x188)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>82938039
>elimunate
>>
>>82938156
first two will never happen. have to remember that dinosaurs rule this shitty sport. other than the excruciatingly slow acceptance of technology, I would at most expect stricter time measuring and slightly more flexibility with substitutes.
>>
>>82935181
but then the managers couldn't sit around yelling VAMOS
>>
>>82935181
If the game is a tie, overtime is played after a Tiger is released onto the "pitch"
>>
Like all sports.
Professional, legal, competetive doping. Also cyberware.
>>
>>82938377
Wow I would pay to watch that
>>
>>82938377
this but actually release tiger woods
>>
File: 1523255200076.jpg (685 KB, 600x737)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
Just make roids openly legal my man.
>>
harsher penalties for diving, i mean Duterte level harsh

1st offense: 2 game suspension and 2 weeks pay fined
2nd offense 5 game suspension and 5 week pay
3rd offense: 1 year suspension and 500 hours community service going around to schools and youth clubs to preach the dangers of diving in soccer
any further offenses: lifetime ban from the sport
>>
>>82935698
Agree
>>
>>82935181
Move penalty spot back to the centre of the half circle. Or at least to a point where it's roughly . 50/50 chance if the ball is put on the net.

Harsh penalties for diving

Some sort of electronic offside system or perhaps a coaches challenge

I would even be in favour of having 10 men from the start to open up the play a bit as coaching has created systems that stymie the flow of play.
>>
>>82935842
This is actually a pretty good idea
>>
>>82935698
then what about making the penalty a harder shot? move it farther back, allow a wall or something idk

when the NFL realised XPs were too easy they moved it back, its time FIFA realised players are too good at penalties and change the shot to something harder to score? it's hard though because the shot still has to be better than a corner
>>
-Only Europeans allowed on European clubs

>Sorry France
>>
>>82937865
>reduce chance of draws
Why is that good?
>>
>>82938102
Why would playoffs be necessary in small european countries?
>>
>>82939311
Americans are unable to tolerate the idea of two teams cancelling each other out.
>>
>>82935662
Have fun with the free for all trying to fill the power vacuum
>>
>>82939390
I hate the "avoid ties at all costs even if we have to produce artificial outcomes" mentality here but you should aim to reduce the ties a little bit
>>
Why are there retards in this thread who wants to kill the fluidity of the game? Time outs would kill the game. That's only for dumb americans to watch advertisement and shiet
>>
>>82938039
>no timeclock still but players are fined for causing excessive stoppage of play
>flops- no cards but fines later if deemed a true flop
gotta keep PKs or else defenders would just aggressively challenge everything even in the 18.
>>
File: Stupid idiots.webm (2.91 MB, 960x600)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>82935842
Then you get this shit
>>
LEAVE IT BE AS IT IS!

You people are so stupid to listen to Burgers. What makes football fun is the uncertainty! I love when the game is "over" but the ref hasn't blown the whistle yet! How many times have teams not scored during the end game? Would you seriously give up all of those amazing moments? You are probably not a football fan to begin with.
>>
>>82939941
I don't fuck with time outs either, but VAR must be used in suspicious plays, and the clock can't be running while the refs are checking out the play.
>>
File: 1478054450680.png (237 KB, 276x474)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>82939941
>the fluidity of the game
Why the fuck is that sacred? Is it some sort of semen reference?

Besides, diving and all other shit already ruin fluidity.
>>
>>82940216
Imagine if there was VAR 10 years ago, nobody would have remembered the Chelsea - Barcelona game. Now people are still talking about it lel

Jokes aside I am all up for VAR but still its not in perfect condition to be used all the time, they need to improve it more so it can be implemented in the game.
>>
There is one player that plays on his own, not part of either team.
>>
>>82940390
We already have someone like that, called the referee.
>>
>>82935181
No british refs
>>
>>82940380
You don't want to kill the fluidity of the game but are open to VAR? It's a slippery slope prone to being used for more and more shit when "egregious calls" get missed. No matter your view of the NFL it's use of instant replay should be a cautionary tale not to dive headlong into replay without reservation. Most loved it when it first came out, now it's mostly despised
>>
>>82940454
You now remember George Reader.
>>
>>82940390
What happens if he scores?
>>
>>82940210
>LEAVE IT BE AS IT IS!
This
>>82940309
Because I know there will be 90 + 2/3 minutes played and that's it. When I watch NBA for example I fall asleep and lose interest because of the too many breaks and the game is prolonged to the maximum, plus I don't know when it will end. In NBA you play 48 minutes and yet the games take longer than football to finish even tho it has twice the playtime.

I haven't watch an NBA finals/playoffs game live in years, I record them and skip the useless shit. I record 3 hours and watch only 50 minutes.
>>
>>82940454
This
No "british" players would be good too.
>>
>>82940474
VAR is still much better than time outs, plus it faces a real problem which are the refs. Seriously there are too many big mistakes from the refs at every second game, shit's retarded. Plus it can stop the refs to favorize big clubs like Real, Barca, Bayern and so on.

Sure if people want the game to stay more "human like" then I guess they have nothing against their teams being refballed hard from time to time.
>>
>>82940709
VAR only for Penalties and red cards.
Also diving being punished if it becomes obvious even after the game is over.
>>
>>82935181
Increasing the subs limit to 5 is the only thing I'd change
>>
>>82940504

The team he scores against either loses a goal/opponents get a goal or concedes a penalty
>>
>>82935181
>be brit
>invent the word football
>calls it soccer
What a cuck
>>82935400
>>82935407
>>82935427
And the team that catches the snitch scores 15 additional goals
>>
The losing team have to vote on one player out of the 11, and play bare arse against him
>>
>>82935181
Make divegrass the official name of the sport.
>>
Get rid of draws in league matches and non-knockout stages of cups. Go to extra time and penalties if necessary in every single game. 0-0 draws are the most boring shit alive
>>
you can only touch the ball once
if you touch it twice you get a warning,after 5 warnings you get sent off for 10 minutes
>>
>>82941069

>No more ripping teams apart with beautiful dribbling

Shameful
>>
>limit the possession time: each team only have 30s to shoot the ball
>backpitch violation: players can't go back with the ball to their side, or make a pass there, if the ball in their possession crossed the half way line
>diving is penalized with monetary fines and suspensions
>no draws: teams play extra time in every league match
>change penalty kicks into shootouts https://youtu.be/RRITqS6WEn0
>>
More entertaining than vanilla soccer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQt3-ezBQs
>>
>>82935181
multiball
>>
>>82935181
>Unlimited subs. Subbed off players can be subbed on again
This should eliminate Penalty Kicks to decide games.
>>
>>82939365
it's especially important in the smaller countries
cuz those leagues are all one horse races, and smaller clubs deserve a chance to win the league and compete in europa / champions like the normal contenders
>>
>>82940194
What set piece is this...
>>
>>82940194
this is how shootouts should go; 3 rounds, 9 v 9
>>
>>82938156
fuck that, i live watching hockey but for fucks sake stopping the game every min is stupid
>>
How would you fix offsides?
>>
>>82935181
Only if there's a commercial break during said subs, otherwise it's still semenslurping.
>>
soccer is boring as fuck. finnish football association and the national team should be dissolved as waste of time and money. they will never make it even to the UEFA european cup

finnish soccer fans are most butthurt sports community here, they get salty over the fact that ice hockey is more interesting to watch because its fast-paced and not queers running around in knee socks and filming
>>
File: Jaden-Smith.jpg (85 KB, 500x600)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>82936401
tfw ur so smart u lose the war of 1812
>>
>>82945805

Finland speaks the truth. Ice Hockey is basically soccer on ice that cuts out the bullshit and faggotry.
>>
>>82938751
>roids
dat flag
>>
Players can use their hands
>>
>>82940194
This is good though
>>
>>82935381
There should definitely be penalties for fouls and shitty behavior and misconduct and stuff. What there shouldn't be specifically are penalty *shots*
>>
>>82939644
>>82939390
>>82939311
I don't hate draws but more scoring variation means teams have to come back and score more often rather than settling for a draw.

Also for knockout competitions makes penalties or replays less likely, which are either luck or an added burden for many clubs
>>
>>82940962
It's clearly a joke post making fun of americans, you sperg. We also invented the word "soccer" by the way.
>>
>>82946557
Honestly most people balk at the scoring variation thing but I've said the same thing. Our football only has about 6 complete scores(touchdowns) a game but ties are almost impossible

More importantly it rewards cumulative successes that aren't an autistic all or nothing 1 or 0 point outcome
>>
>>82935181
whay not just flip a coin and decide the winner that way?

are we really this retarded
>>
Tackling
Get to carry the ball

Basically make it into some kind of rugby derived game like Aussie or American footy
>>
>>82940962
Soccer was called association football back then, since there were other football games. Soccer came from aSOCCiation. Both terms are English.
>>
2 refs, 1 for each half of the field

make the offside rule so that attacker is only called for offside if he's clear of the last line of defense. basically so that whistles arent blown when the attacker's foreskin is flapping slightly in front of the defender. you know what i mean. fuck
>>
>>82940390
the more i think about this the better it becomes.
brilliant idea
>>
>time-outs
>>
No cards or fouls can be given in stoppage time
>>
Hire players with 4 legs
>>
>>82935181
make the field and number of players smaller
>>
>most popular sport
>conquering USA
>conquering China
>Conquering India
>Conquering Middle East
Why change a winning recipe?
>>
>>82949505
That's fútbol sala. It's not that good.
>>
>>82949520

The only reason it's winning is not because of the sport but because of the billions of cretin muslim and africans getting accessible technology
>>
Players can swap teams any point during the game if the score is too one sided.
>>
>>82935525
there should be one two minute timeout per team per half. Clock is stopped and the result is indirect freekick from any spot 40m from the opponent's goal line. You can't call a time out if you have the ball closer than 30m from your goal line. If you do that, the ball goes to the opponent after the time out from the spot where the ball was when the time out was called.
>>
>>82940474
VAR is better than the american-style challenges because it can be done just as an overseerer referee with twenty camera referees that tells the main ref it there was a penalty or a dive. >>82940490
>>
>>82946004
Ice hockey suffers from too fast play. I just can't watch that shit because there is no variation. Same goes for basketball, more scoring does not always result in entertainment. Volleyball and handball hit the sweet spot perfectly.
>>
>>82949594

Jesus christ dude, all you have to do is watch it for a few minutes and you'll start to understand the strategies. The speed of play and difficulty scoring is half of what makes it exciting.
>>
>>82949658
I cant see the puck. It's just a bunch of ugly Canadians slipping around to me. To fix this, they should put a camera on the puck. Or multipuck so that when you lose one puck you can look at the other one. Or make the puck bigger, and circular, and have them play on grass, and instead of using big sticks to hit the puck, they use their feet.
>>
>>82935181
If you concede a goal, the whole team has to remove one item of clothing.
>>
>>82935181
Over the course of a decade or 2 that would make the sport unrecognizable.
>>
>>82935950
and the Euro® and the Copa America™ and the African cup of nations©
>>
-3 points for both teams if its 0:0 tie

we want football not diving animals on grass
>>
>>82936554
Injured players should get free subs, other than that 3 subs is fine. Faking injuries for free subs = automatic loss.
>>
File: pulisic.jpg (31 KB, 600x315)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>82935394
>tfw spammed Pulisic threads with British and French flags when I visited Europe

Lads I regret nothing.
>>
>Put a bomb in the ball and it goes off when there is no shot at goal after three-five minutes, blasting everything away in a radius of three metres.
>Not being able to kick a penalty, direct free kick at the goal should be rewarded with five to ten whips on the back.
>Diving will result in your family getting raped by the other team.
>Autistic celebrations like >>82950185 will be awarded with a fine that is half of your money earnings per year.
>Allow fights between supporters during derby's, before and after the game.
>>
File: GW298H223.jpg (22 KB, 298x223)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Players must have been born within 10 miles of their home ground.
>>
File: wojak.jpg (53 KB, 1600x900)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>82935181
let my team win the league again...
>>
Give the players tactical nuclear weapons
>>
>>82935181
I would say give each team 4 subs per half (with an additional 2 in extra time) and allow players to come back on at the cost of a sub. I would make the pitch a wee bit smaller to encourage more back and forth play. I would also allow 3 yellows to a red to increase the amount of risky challenges.
>>
>>82935181
>Give teams cheerleaders
>losing teams cheerleaders get gangbanged on national tv
Instant fix
>>
File: 1502826067050.png (39 KB, 344x517)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>82938102
The best thing about this sport IMO is that championships are determined by the best overall record. That makes every regular season game matter. You can introduce post season cups where the top eight teams qualify but in futbol every game matters.

A salary cap needs to come in though. A club should be exempt from it if it is paying homegrown talent signed before the age of 21 (ex. Messi, Harry Kane) but something needs to be done to keep clubs like Buyern from buying their leagues into irrelevance and reward clubs like Southampton and Dortmund for exceptional player development. The only problem is that you'll get big clubs getting into bidding wars over young players who may never pan out. But perhaps that's better than what we've got. That will force teams to invest more in insuring their young players get the opportunity to grow.

The Bosman transfers will allow good players to leave small clubs if they git gud, it will force cheap owners (like those at Tottenham) to pony up money for their best players and it will encourage teams to do more trading (ex. it's more efficient if a good player is starting at a small club than riding the bench at a big one). It would take power away from players (and their agents lol) but we'd get more one club legends a la Gerrard and Totti.

I would also consider a luxury tax (on a per match basis) for non starting players. It would discourage the big clubs from stockpiling good players (ex. Buyern, Refball Madrid) and disperse good players throughout leagues. A player like Gareth Bale should be starting every week for someone else.

I fixed your semen slurping sport. You're welcome FIFA.
>>
File: 1503345231933.png (450 KB, 1303x796)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
>>82949708
This would unironically make the women's game watchable and add another level of tactical depth to it.

>Mfw when roast beef saves the USA.
>>
0 points for a draw or loss, 3 points for a win. Stop teams parking the bus and not even trying to win.
>>
>>82940390
This is my favorite idea
>>
>>82951287
>bombs
>lashings
>raping
That flag isn't fooling anyone Mohammed
>>
>>82953190
No one would even bother to come back after being a goal down. Maybe 4 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss.
>>
>>82949697
FUND IT
>>
Penalty like hockey
>>
>>82935181
Van Gaal had the best idea for a penalty replacement: If the game is tied when the regular game time ends the game continues but every 5 minutes both teams have to remove one player each.
>>
>>82941056
You know what's worse than a 90 minute 0-0 draw? Dragging that same awful game out and still probably not seeing a goal.
>>
>>82949697
Look up Foxtrax.
>>
>>82935698
>>82939100
Maybe something like a penalty in hockey?
>>
let the keeper move freely along his line during PKs, and once the player taking the shot steps off his mark to run up to the ball, the keeper can rush forward too. I like the idea of PKs but it's too automatic with the level of skill now. this would add more tension/excitement as well as more strategy/mind games.
>>
let other murrican athletes become the new elite players
>>
>>82941017
losing team have to stand in goal with their shirts lifted and everyone on the winning team gets to take a shot
>>
>>82945136
Indirect free kick, the taker cannot shoot on goal.
>>
the gks should be biologically female, with weight and height limits (both min and max) to ensure they arent bulky

as time goes on without goals, sectors of the field get set on fire, reducing the allowed play area
>>
>>82967319
They should also have big tits

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.