[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

EXPOSED
>>
>>88845078
Elite
>>
*dabs*
>>
*doogie*
>>
>panthers are elite
>>
File: Reaction (27).png (572 KB, 600x580)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
Is it me, or does his face here really resemble this?
>>
File: psstvonmiller.jpg (54 KB, 640x853)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>88846571
kek
>>
>>88846571
When the gimmick works, yes.
>>
File: fuck scam newton.gif (3.44 MB, 500x279)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB GIF
>>88845078
we already knew this
>>
>>88846638
I have never lost more respect for an athlete after a single play than when this happened. I was convinced at that moment Cam will NEVER win a ring.
>>
>>88845078
>gets exposed every year
>people unironically think hes a top 15 qb in the league
tiresome is tiresome
>>
>>88846748
he definitely is top 15 though
>>
>>88846748
wow one play where he's surrounded by super gigga niggas and avoids risking physical harm to himself I guess he must suck
I guess you're a poltard too, right?
>>
cam doesn't want CTE in 10 years ok. thats a smart football play
>>
>>88846791
ok but when he proves you wrong dont come crying to me
>>
>>88846815
>one play
>implying this game is an outlier
>implying i havent watched his entire body of games
literally wut are u on about
>>
>>88846815
Yeah it was only SUPER BOWL 50.
>>
>>88845078
>6-3
Hey anon, what’s >your team’s record?
>>
>>88847111
6-2-1
>>
He unironically wasnt the problem
He didnt have a great game but the OL was the worst thing ive ever seen
>>
>>88847121
ya blew it
>>
>>88847133
that pick six/safety play that put Pitt up 14-7 told me they were losing
>>
>>88847133
>He didnt have a great game but the OL was the worst thing ive ever seen

As a neutral party I definitely agree. The blame for the early pick six is 50/50, but the O-line was a straight up nonexistent for most of the game. I would also blame the shitty play calling for mostly being checkdowns and screens, but when you no line, throwing deep is impossible.
>>
>>88847248
That play literally didnt matter at all in the long run
And that was also cause of the shit OL
>>
>>88846748
>>88845078
how exactly was Cam Newton, specifically, exposed anon? Was he playing defense? Did he give up 52 fucking points? No? He didn't? You're just another casual pleb who hates him because of the color of his skin?
>>
cam is notoriously bad in cold weather
>>
>>88847626
Nobody brought up skin color until you
>>
>>88847694
>Nobody
well except for the million other threads /spee/ has had about Cam over the years. Perhaps you should lurk more
>>
Why do mostly niggers and faggots like cam newton?
>>
>>88848017
Ask this nigger >>88847794
>>
>>88848017
>Why do mostly niggers and faggots like cam newton?

Because he's a nigger and a faggot.
>>
I'm working 2nd this quarter so I record PTI. When they went on the air at 530pm EST, Kornheiser and Wilbon called the CAR-PIT Thursday game a "quality" match-up and have talking about everything Newton is going to do in the game.

Games like this are how Newton gets exposed. Just as people outside of the Panther fan base, just as he and his team begin to appear in the consciousness of NFL fans nationwide, Cam and the team lay a fucking egg like last night's game. Yeah, it wasn't all his fault and it wasn't even mostly his fault, but Cam Newton is the NAME 99.99% people think of when they hear Carolina Panthers and every time the Panthers appear on the big stage they and Newton end up failing.

The Panthers meaning the team, coaches, and management were exposed as a group Thursday. Newton is just a convenient name for people to use.
>>
>>88847263
>The blame for the early pick six is 50/50
that was entirely cams terrible decision making. He should have just taken the sack, not run backwards 10 yards into your own endzone
>>
>>88848530
he would've never have had to do that if it wasn't for the OL blowing coverage
>>
>>88848370
McCaffrey didn't get exposed at all
White boy is elite
>>
>>88845078
Lol damn that nigga a chinlet
>>
>>88848538
but that only works as an excuse if you're not used to getting sacked
>>
>>88848568
the OL has been pretty good the entire year
I don't know what happened this game
Reminds me of that awful Bears game the Panthers played last year but since it was the Bears they didn't score 50 points
>>
>>88848547
>McCaffrey didn't get exposed at all

Doesn't matter. This isn't apehoop or even luckswing. This is handegg where one player's skills matter the least relative to the team's and coaches' skills

In apehoop, LeBron took the Cavs to the Finals last year. This year without LeBron that same Cavs team is 1-10. In luckswing, a ot batter can carry a team for weeks or months while a hot pitcher can stop losing streaks and spark winning streaks. Nothing even remotely comparable to those examples can happen in handegg. Look at Darrelle Revis for example. During his prime, he was a shutdown CB. Opponents didn't even try to throw to his side of the field. Despite that, the Jet's secondary as a whole was below average and the team couldn't get past the AFCCS.

One player can be the final piece a team needs, but one player can't be the only piece.
>>
>>88848658
>one player cant be the only piece
could've fooled me with the way the talking heads talk about Aaron Rodgers :^)
>>
>>88848660

As you well know there's analysis and then there's saying shit for ratings, anon. Ninety percent of those talking heads either have little idea about the game or are too inarticulate to explain what they do know.
>>
>>88848658
>Doesn't matter. This isn't apehoop or even luckswing. This is handegg where one player's skills matter the least relative to the team's and coaches' skills
The best baseball player of the modern era can't get his team to the playoffs despite being a league leader every healthy year in multiple categories.
The NFL and MLB are kinda similar in that aspect, except they rely on different mechanics to keep a good player from running the whole thing
>>
Is the Carolina defense really THAT terrible, or is this a "crisis game" situation for Pittsburgh where they were handed this feel good victory?
>>
>>88848721
>The best baseball player of the modern era can't get his team to the playoffs

I didn't say they could, anon. I said GOATs (for the lack of a better term) in luckswing can create winning streaks and stop losing streaks. Compare that to GOATS in apehoop who can take teams deep into the playoffs and hot goalies in puckfight can actually win Stanley Cups for otherwise average teams. GOATS in the NFL, on the other hand, can only win games rarely.

Handegg is too much of a team sport for excellent play on an individual basis to make a difference in a single game let alone an entire season.
>>
>>88848775
>Is the Carolina defense really THAT terrible

I'd say the Carolina defense was THAT terrible for this game. For whatever reason, on Thursday night Pittsburgh out schemed/coached Carolina so, when Carolina fell behind and had to start pressing, the disparity got even worse.

The real test is what will happen after this game. Everyone, including Carolina, is going to look at what Pittsburgh did either to copy it or, in the Carolina, fix it. Carolina has Detroit next which won't be much of a test, but they've got the Seahawks after that plus the Falcons once and the Saints twice. It will be interesting to see how those teams scheme against Carolina on both sides of the ball. Pittsburgh may have "solved" Carolina. If that's true, Thursday was the end of the Panthers' chances to go deep in the playoffs.
>>
cam didn't lose this game. yeah he threw that pick 6 but the offense wasn't bad overall. wtf happened to their defense
>>
>>88847794
God damn you’re a nigger faggot lmao
>>
>>88848069
>>88849576
>>88848260
>>88848017
thanks for proving my point that only brainlet white supremacists don't like Cam
>>
>>88846638
Bizarre, not sure why this isn't talked about like the seahawks play

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.