[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/t/ - Torrents

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: gakiDVD.jpg (220 KB, 640x861)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Torrents from the previous thread:

31gb personal collection
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2d490c42b656e41adb5c7e54580cb74ce34ff961&dn=Gaki+No+Tsukai+Personal+Collection&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

And anon's 212gb collection (contains everything in the previous torrent)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E0D6D3FA2193D47EE5E9E63B7D79E356A279BD8F&dn=Gaki%20no%20Tsukai%20Collection%20%281989-2013%29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce
>>
>>788318
Long live the thread!
>>
>>788318
are there subs?
>>
>>788318
A third thread? How long did the previous one last? It's like I'm watching a phoenix revive
>>
>>788318
Can I get a quick rundown on what this is?
>>
>>788460
The previous 2 lasted about 2 years each. These threads are usually active during the subbing of the yearly batsu games but not so much after that
>>
>>788461
It's a very funny Japanese variety show. Look up "japanese silent library" and watch those. I think those are a great example of how funny the show can be. If you like those, watch more and more episodes until you're as big a fan as all of us
>>
File: mpv-shot0006.jpg (149 KB, 1424x1076)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Man is there a better quality version of the earlier batsu? That re-release version of the 24hr tag looks great compared to the on in torrent.
>>
>>788724
Time to import it and upload it, friend. Though some of them are quite expensive, ranging from $10 to $100 per DVD.
>>
File: mpv-shot0004.jpg (248 KB, 1424x1076)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>788790
That's what I was thinking, I might see if I can purchase the earlier DVD's and subbing them using existing subs. Though I wouldn't be able to re-translate as my Japanese is 1st grade equivalent with little to no knowledge of kanji. My listening skills are decent.

I have come by subs that don't add up to what's being said so I might retranslate to the best of my abilities. I'll come back if I EVER end up doing it.
>>
File: 1497599829305.png (525 KB, 654x539)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
>>788902
Even uploading the raws would be a big help as I'm sure someone would reuse the older subs and fix it up to make it look nicer. Well, either way it's your choice. Good luck, lad.
>>
TY for this torrent. I watched it ages ago on YT and have been keeping watch for it ever since. You've made my day.

Speaking of rare/odd Japanese game shows does any remember the premise where a guy had to live on his earnings from magazine contests for a year? The name escapes me but would love to watch it again.

Thanks!
>>
>>788922
Denpa Shounen Nasubi Prize Life Contest
>>
>>788924
thank you kindly!
>>
>>788318
I think the 212gb torrent is defective
>>
File: C3PO.jpg (224 KB, 1426x1076)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>Space music starts playing
>This C-3PO opens your doors
>Gives you a look
>Walks away

What do?
>>
Was the DVD version of Newspaper agency Batsu every translated? It's like more than a hours worth of footage.

The one in torrent is 3 hours 17 minutes the one in DVD is 4 hours and 37 minutes, or does anybody have the sub file if one exist?
>>
>>789863
call yoda to pulverize him for me
>>
>>789755
It stopped at 97.5%

Did something like that happen to you as well?
>>
Any other game shows worth DL'ing besides JAVs?
>>
So I'm only just getting into this, loving the no laugh ones, did they stop doing batsu games after 2013? Also I remember seeing a webm of one of their sons writing a heartfelt letter to their father and then he gave him a thai kick, what one was that from?
>>
>>793844
they are still doing the batsu game every year as a special (I think it started from 24 hour tag game and the latest one was science professor or something similar).

The one with the Tanaka's son reading out the letter for he's father was in the 2013's 笑ってはいけない地球防衛軍24時(no laugh earth defense force)
>>
>>793746
Japanese ones? Maybe GCCX. There's tons of Japanese shows but most of them never get any subs or only have a few of the episodes subbed. You could also give Korean shows a chance. For some reason they're really popular internationally so most of the shows get subs 4-8h after it has aired in South Korea. Most popular ones now are Running Man, 1 Night 2 Days, Infinity Challenge, Knowing Bros and so on.
>>
>>793746
Knights Scoop was OK and someone was translating them a few months ago. They're on dailymotion/reddit unless they had to move again due to takedowns.

You can also check out the Japanarama mixtapes.
>>
File: i want to die.png (427 KB, 1011x571)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>no translations of new batsu's
>can't find Hamada and Matsumoto's stand up routine either
>>
File: 1385834008498.gif (1.92 MB, 180x205)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
can you guys recommend a top 3 or some of the best? there are so many already. I've watched the one where they are trapped in a gym and one where they are prisoners.
>>
>>795293
All the yearly batsu games are translated though. Unless you meant the mini ones that air like regular episodes.

>>795295
Just watch them all, m8.
>>
>>795295
Onsen part 1 and 2 (Yugawara)

If not batsu game look for Matsumoto Chousen, Kiki, Absolutely Tasty
>>
ded thread
>>
I enjoyed the personal collection so I'm going to go for the whole shebang here now and hope I can get it downloaded and start seeding this wonder.
>>
>>795295
Don't watch batsu games, they are boring.

Watch these:
- Yama no Ichimatsu
- any Absolutely Tasty
- any Hamada's Cram School
>>
File: 1411685335345.jpg (51 KB, 566x549)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>798125
>Don't watch batsu games, they are boring.
>>
File: 1464179592994.jpg (20 KB, 317x330)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
2 months left till the Batsu game. They usually start recording it around this time too, so some leaked pics might be incoming.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (894 KB, 1723x929)
894 KB
894 KB JPG
Not sure if this belongs here, or in a separate thread, but here is a magnet to a bunch of Tantei Knight Scoop clips, all subbed afaik
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f5f4a9f59633f8cf9e79b7f3c0de3bb1d0b989e2&dn=Scoop&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.pirateparty.gr%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce
>>
>>802290
Cool, desu should be a Japanese variety thread instead of just Gaki stuff
>>
File: Paruru.jpg (1.27 MB, 1000x1450)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>788318
>>802290
oh man I love you guys
>>
File: Batsu.jpg (49 KB, 632x621)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Another police batsu.
>>
>>802531
Can someone read what it says on there? I was hoping it was something different like park ranger or something. Police again could be fun but I just like when they do new things
>>
File: WFH.jpg (10 KB, 350x260)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>802531
Wow, They are actually changing things up? It's not going to be a Suga mascot it's actually our World Famous Heipo's turn as mascot?

Last time it was Japanese police but had "American punishers"

Now they are doing American Police or atleast what Japanese think American Police departments is?

>>802550
"Heipo State Omame Central Police"

So I'm guessing we are going to get a Jimmy Onishi English call center type skit this year?

They have probably just realized they have run Suga jokes
>>
>>802553
Someone on the Gaki fan page said that Heipo is the new mascot because Suga is not on the team anymore. Don't know if this is true or why he left if it is..
>>
File: Itsuji_Itao.jpg (17 KB, 250x359)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Itao has been caught having an affair with a 27-year old gravure idol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GakiNoTsukai/comments/7dxu8b/itao_has_been_caught_having_an_affair_with_a/

(yeah i know reddit wahh wahh. it's the best source for gaki no tsukai related news and subbed episodes)
>>
>>803409
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171119-00000074-spnannex-ent
>>
>>803409
Man I wish I can still pull some ass when I'm in my 50-60s
>>
File: heipo.jpg (61 KB, 623x682)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>802553
>Heipo is back

I got kinda worried when news came out that he was absent during the recent shows because of health issues. He's /myguy/. Pic related is literally my profile pic on the fan forum.
>>
The hype is real.

Btw if you guys don't know about this yet, the subbers over at gaki-no-tsukai.com have been doing a (kinda messy) live translation for the batsu games in the last few years. You might want to check that out if you don't want to wait half a year until the complete subs are released. It's super comfy to watch it live with other fans.

It's like a twitch stream but for GnT with the subbers in the chat.
>>
>that fucking feel when no translated gaki left to watch
>>
>>803807
I just hang out in the ducktoaster channel. These past few months have been slow as we only got like 1 or 2 episodes in the last 2 months. We'd usually get 2-4 subbed eps a month, but I haven't been really following any news or anything like that to know why everyone pretty much stopped subbing. Maybe it's because a new school year started and everyone's busy at college/uni.
>>
>>803807
I feel worse when those subbed two part episodes are still left incomplete.
>>
>>802635
Suga has quietly retired. I believe he has mentioned when he stepped down from his high-end NTV job.
>>
I just watched 24 hour tag for the first time in probably 6 years.

It's weird how you watch shit for so long and you start thinking its good and then you watch this show and wonder why you ever started watching shit in the first place.
>>
Recent episode of the cast talking about American Police batsu that they filmed not too long ago.

https://mega.nz/#!ATBklKbA!u1U_JHMEroHGMEMs6L5r74OpYdXNDIlJ2KKKN_GgzA8
>>
>>806501
I lied, my bad. Just watched the episode and it's them talking about previous batsu games. The only one who said anything this year's batsu game was Yamazaki. He said they changed up a lot of stuff for this year, but I doubt that's true. He could just mean changing the items in the drawers, DVDs, skits and so on while the formula is still the same like almost every year.
>>
File: shot0092.jpg (84 KB, 872x480)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Only two more weeks guys. I'm getting ready by bingewatching old stuff

Remember not to miss the livestream with on the fly subbing at the fan forum.
>>
212GB one stalling at 1.4%, where all the seeders gone?
>>
>>788318
In your "personal collection" torrent- is the "batsu game" section the only thing that's subbed??
>>
>>803440
I know you.
>>
>>788318
Senpai... About 5 hours into the batsu game (IS it the only section that's subbed??) section in your personal collection. Hands down the BEST wasted Sunday I can remember. x
>>
This could be a really dumb question, so, apologies in advance, but are the RAWs in the 212 gb collection just untranslated/unsubbed episodes?
>>
>>807146
>>807281
I'm OP, but the "personal collection" isn't my personal collection. I copied both of these links from the previous Gaki thread and the previous OP copied it from the 1st Gaki thread, if I'm not mistaken. So the torrents are pretty old by this point.

>>808197
Raws usually mean that it's not subbed.

Nyaa has a few torrents.
>Batsu games 2000-2014 (subbed):
https://nyaa.si/view/695265

>Gaki no Tsukai Collection (1989-2013):
https://nyaa.si/view/508141

Right here are almost all episodes (maybe even all of them, I haven't checked). New episodes are regularly uploaded after they have aired. Quality of newer episodes is good. Can't say the same thing about older ones though. Of course, most of these are not subbed.
https://vk com/videos-7016284
>>
1 week left until the new batsu
>>
>>808227

>807146 (You)
>807281 (You)
>"In your "personal collection" torrent- is the "batsu game" section the only thing that's subbed??"

Soooo... (Fingers crossed) Third time lucky!!?

(I know I could have very, very easily checked for myself by now, but, honestly- I'm curious as to whether I'll get my answer this time)
>>
>>808346
I forgot to mention that I haven't even downloaded them to check, so I don't know.
>>
>>806507
>Just watched the episode and it's them talking about previous batsu games. The only one who said anything this year's batsu game was Yamazaki. He said they changed up a lot of stuff for this year, but I doubt that's true. He could just mean changing the items in the drawers, DVDs, skits and so on while the formula is still the same like almost every year.
>>
American police? Oh so its a police batsu again
I thought they might do the post office or fire department, but they keep doing the same things over again
>>
File: 1467982797330.jpg (194 KB, 1877x1026)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
Tomorrow's the day.
>>
File: hamada reveal.webm (2.84 MB, 800x450)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
goddamn
>>
>>809778

ho lee shit hahaha
>>
>>809778
>all those triggered snowflakes throwing a shitfit on twitter
kek

Either way this year was pretty good, I enjoyed it more than last year's Batsu. Though, there were some things that were obviously cut out or cut short. Most of the stuff felt pretty short this year. Will be interesting to see the deleted scenes.
>>
>>809778
Fuuuuuck
>>
>>809812
yeah a lot of the stuff did feel a bit short
still pretty great though
>>
The nightmare begins

https://www.teamgaki.com/statuspage/
>>
>>809873
Did they remove the donation list? Last year they removed nicknames of who is subbing/typesetting which part because there were a few guys who just stalled the whole project for months since they did fuck all. I'm guessing they did it since a lot of people said they're waiting for donations as to why it's also taking longer, which I'm guessing is true as well since 5h content shouldn't take half a year to sub. Not to mention they did EDF in 1 month and a half.
>>
>>809873

Is there an HQ raw?

Missed it when it aired, and I wanna give it a watch.
>>
>>809881
I agree with everything you've said here. And anyone who defends them taking that long is a moron. I can see them taking 3 months to sub if they're all really truly busy with other things in their lives. But having subbed by May or June? That's ridiculous and obvious procrastination due to wanting more donations. If one guy can live sub the 5 hour batsu as it's happening, it shouldn't take 5 months to sub that same 5 hour batsu, even if they need to check for spelling errors and make sure it's accurate. Honestly, most Gaki sub teams are slow and lazy. It's amazing how few episodes of the show have been subbed when there are so many people who supposedly have the capability to sub them.
>>
File: 1474395657651.jpg (109 KB, 353x449)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
At this rate I'm genuinely tempted to learn moonrunes to the point where I can understand most of it.
>>
>>809978
Yeah, but it also applies to moste Japanese shows, not including anime. Just look at the Korean show scene. 1-1.5h shows get subbed in a matter of hours with smaller teams than Team Gaki. I remember following Tofu Panda Subs subbing status page. They've started subbing Endo Mori Shinichi and it took them over a fucking year to do it. That Lincoln Matsumoto 44th Birthday Special has been sitting on typesetting for more than 2 years as well. And on that note they've released a new subbed video. Last one was 7 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uFt5-GtRg&feature=youtu.be
https://mega.nz/#!vFp0XRaY!I9sQ7LNpy3mlZE9p5_iMdsCVxQuAc766rUtksE55EkQ
>>
>>809998
Yeah Korean TV gets subbed super quickly. Especially if it's a show with a famous idol group on it. Honestly, Team Gaki, Tofu Panda, and any other groups have no real excuse. If they don't have the time to sub this shit then they shouldn't be these official groups. Just sub when you can and post it on reddit or something when you're done. That way people don't expect much out of you. I remember there was a guy who tried his hand at subbing a couple episodes of Gaki and called them "loosely translated" even though they were great quality. He only ended up doing two episodes but he subbed them almost immediately after they aired in Japan. This really shows me that it can't be that hard to sub a tenth of a batsu game. I get that they color code and make sure the translation is perfect, but even if that adds two more days to the process, it shouldn't take that much longer. I mean, I'm looking at the status page for Team Gaki and they haven't even started yet
>>
File: 1487592030105.gif (764 KB, 245x183)
764 KB
764 KB GIF
>>810042
Yup. There are a few people who just showed up, subbed a few episodes and moved on. I remember some guy did a few Gaki episodes and someone asked him how long it took him to sub an episode. Said he has done it in a few hours, but most of the time he was doing something else as well, he wasn't working on the episode non-stop for those few hours.

I'm still grateful that they sub Batsu games and release some regular episodes occasionally but I wish they were more transparent. People criticized them on their own site's chat, so they closed it down. People said they were waiting for donations, so now they take down the donations list, but still accept donations. They take months and sometimes it's radio silence, you don't know what the fuck is going on, then they show up and say "sorry, busy with life xD." How is it possible to be so busy for a few weeks or even a month that you can't take 2 minutes to write that you just can't be arsed to do it.

I also remember some guy saying he would like to sub the Batsu game on the gaki subreddit, but he didn't want to join TG. I think it was for the 2015 Batsu. He got downvoted to hell and a few people just straight up said he's not needed because they have Team Gaki. He shouldn't even bother if it's not as great as Team Gaki's subtitles.
>>
File: UtQ9ISs.png (41 KB, 1102x941)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>810042

Last year was pretty weird since we had like 2000 people translating, so people happened to drop off the radar is what I noticed.

I posted in the previous (I think) thread last year as well saying pretty much the same thing. Not sure if any of you remember.
>>774087

Good thing is the team is a lot smaller now, and the load is sensible.

>I get that they color code and make sure the translation is perfect, but even if that adds two more days to the process, it shouldn't take that much longer. I mean, I'm looking at the status page for Team Gaki and they haven't even started yet

We have started. I'm a subber so atm I'm writing up the subs separately, and transfer them over once a typesetter has finished my part(s).

>>810081
>They take months and sometimes it's radio silence

Depends how you define radio silence, there's pretty much always at least someone online on the Discord. Internally, however, I'm hoping last year's "Sorry I can't help" won't happen as much, and if it does it should happen early so the rest of the team can pick up the slack.

>How is it possible to be so busy for a few weeks or even a month that you can't take 2 minutes to write that you just can't be arsed to do it.

Agreed 100%.

>Said he has done it in a few hours, but most of the time he was doing something else as well, he wasn't working on the episode non-stop for those few hours.

Also agreed. 80% of any one segment can theoretically be subbed in a day, literally while at work (depending on what your job is.)
>>
>>810106
I remember you, anon. About the radio silence thing, I over exaggerated a bit, but there was no Discord before last year, at least not that I know of. So you had to scroll through the chat on the site and see if any of the team members said anything or not. Usually from what I remember it's just "we're busy" and "it's coming out when it's ready, stop asking". Anyway, good luck to you, anon.
>>
>>810108

No worries on the over-exaggeration, mainly because it isn't an exaggeration. Hit the nail on the head in fact.

The team is 3-4 times smaller than last year, and everyone got asked how many hours a week they can dedicate to the project, so that should have filtered out the quote-unquote busy typesetters/translators.

But yeah, final sentiment remains a strong "Hopefully we can do it a lot faster this time"
>>
>>810081
Also one thing I forgot to say to you about the donation thing is that donations have no effect on translation speed or quality or when any member of the team starts/continues work.

No-one sees a single cent of any donations. All of that money goes to server hosting and other related costs. It's on the statement:

https://www.teamgaki.com/statement-about-donations/

Stuff may have gone the way they did last year, but no one is scamming people or hold parts hostage.
...Unless you decide to define scam as "taking long to translate" I guess, but that's another issue.
>>
>>810081
>I'm still grateful that they sub Batsu games and release some regular episodes occasionally

Yeah I don't wanna sound completely ungrateful since they're giving me something I would otherwise not have. It's just frustrating that they could be so much more efficient with their time management. I mean, they've proven they can get it down much faster in the past. If they can finish this Batsu up by at the latest mid-March you'll see no complaints from me.

>I also remember some guy saying he would like to sub the Batsu game on the gaki subreddit, but he didn't want to join TG. I think it was for the 2015 Batsu. He got downvoted to hell and a few people just straight up said he's not needed because they have Team Gaki. He shouldn't even bother if it's not as great as Team Gaki's subtitles.

That pisses me off. People who discourage shit like that make it so that they get less content. People can be so fucking dumb sometimes. There are so many episodes of the show that are pretty poor quality, but at least they exist. If it wasn't for those low quality subs we wouldn't be able to watch those episodes at all.

>>810106
I remember you too. I've been following these Gaki threads since the first one 4 or 5 years ago. I feel like it's the same three anons talking about it in this thread and the last thread.

>We have started.

I see that now but when I posted what I posted everything was still red. Though I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised you guys actually did start today. Based on last year I was expecting it to get started in a week or so.

I'm glad that you seem to be on the same page as us though. It's good to know there's at least one person on Team Gaki who understands where we're coming from and isn't just giving the "we have our own lives" excuse. If you don't mind sharing, which parts are you subbing?
>>
>>808347
Hehe, ok.
Still can't believe I've never come accross this amBROsia over the years! I fucking love it!
>>
File: aaa yaponski DIF.png (389 KB, 1023x609)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>809993
>At this rate I'm genuinely tempted to learn moonrunes to the point where I can understand most of it.

Learning conversational Japanese (meaning- NOT reading and writing) to a level where you're able to watch tv and understand 90 - 95 percent of everything, isn't super hard believe it or not.

If you've spent years watching subbed anime/tv (and look where you are... of COURSE you have!) and you then go back and start learning the very basics- stuff will all kind of start to fit together and you'll realise just how much you've soaked up over the years.

tl;dr -
DO IT FAGGOT!!! (I even made you a motivational picture)
>>
>>810195

I could understand most of the batsu games after just a semester in Japan.

Still come across some things I don't understand, but can figure most of it out due to context.
>>
>>789863
ahahahhahaha, the blag star wars music is in my head now
>>
>>810195
Any suggestions of what books, software, etc., to use for "casual, non-literate" Japanese?
>>
I know this is not the thread for this at all, but does anyone have a torrent for Takeshi's Castle with the original Japanese commentary and English subs??
All I can find is the British version, and I just find that commentary annoying.
>>
Looking at the status page it looks pretty good all things considered. Hopefully it doesn't slow down. The deleted footage has also aired yesterday. Also the new batsu got already subbed in Chinese.
>>
>>795295
watch in order of release, they get worse (or, more accurately, repetitive) as we go along
>>
>>811209
I guess it depends on what you would call the "start". Is it the 24 hour tag? The no-laughing onsen? Or maybe the high school since that was the first one where they were all together? I'd agree the last 3 or 4 have gotten formulaic but I'd say the best ones were the ones in 2008-2013. I think 2014 is where it starts to get a bit old (I still love them). Though I do agree it's best to start watching from the beginning of the 24 hour games, which I would consider to be the 24 hour tag.
>>
File: dQ3w36z.png (33 KB, 300x739)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>811197
Translator dude from above here. Things are looking fairly optimistic in the TL discord, plenty of active chatter and online people.
>>
>>798125
>Don't watch batsu games, they are boring.
HAHA what terrible advice.
>>
For the life of me I can't find a hardsub of just the Haunted Hotel Batsu Matsumoto had to do for losing that swimming race. Could someone please please upload just that Batsu game?
>>
File: matsumoto kiki.gif (987 KB, 500x452)
987 KB
987 KB GIF
>>812123
i was about to say just go to teamgaki's site but i guess the dailymotion links were taken down within the last few months
try the torrents from >>808227
both of them should have it
the vk link has it too, although it wants me to sign up using a phone for auth. to watch there
>>
part 1 done
part 2 almost there
at the rate they're going it'll be done by late march/early april
better than last year at least
>>
Part 2 soon. Part 3 is almost done as well.
>>
Part 2 released. Ded thread
>>
Seems like we're gonna be getting 2 parts a month? Guess it'll be finished in May
>>
>>815112
Third part is being encoded now - TL
>>
>>815551
Apparently some shit fucked up when encoding. Aegisub boxes were screwy so trying to figure out a fix for that. -TL
>>
>>815551
>>815625
Dang, well you guys made it. If you guys do three a month and maybe an extra one in February or March you could actually finish in 3 months
>>
>>811248
you definately gotta watch the 24 hour tag and the one w/ the blowdarts. nothing really matches them especially the recent ones
>>
Seems like the translation for part 4 came to a halt.
>>
>>816812
They've been playing it way too safe these last few years, they could at least go all the way with the guest idea from the Detective Batsu.
>>
>>818240
>they could at least go all the way with the guest idea from the Detective Batsu.
Agreed. I was so excited to see someone new and thought that this should be fun since it would change up the team's dynamic, but he was gone after like 20 or 30mins. They could invite a new guest every year desu.
>>
>>818240
>>818297
I've always thought that bringing in guests as participants would be the natural progression if the series were to continue, with the casts getting older. The other members could then be moved into the position of instigators as in the earlier series. I think it would be more interesting than having guest cameos as inside jokes.
>>
I need one of you lovely niggers to post the new years specials

Cause I know one of you has em, bonus for the one done for this year with subs
>>
>>818996
read the thread nigga a few links have been posted already
for this years though you're gonna have to wait a few months cause parts 1-3 are the only ones done so far
>>
>>818999
2 1/2 months in for text it is a really long video ill give them that
>>
>>788450
>788450
bumping for subs

i have 2014's dl'd and there are no subs, if anyone has a working file id appreciate it for 2000-2014
>>
>>819318
they finished part 10 of science lab in june last year for reference
and yeah its a long video but theyr'e just slow
someone was quicksubbing along with the raw back at new years and he kept up pretty damn well
>>
>>819337
>take quick subs
>clean it up
>release

doesn't sound too bad a method
>>
Knew it was too good to be true. A month has gone by with no new part
>>
Wtf is this XD
>>
File: 1464178280350.jpg (7 KB, 300x300)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>820284
It's happening all over again. TL anon was excited this year about the team, but it seems like it's no different from last year.
>>
>>820473
Yeah he seemed pretty proud about the progress they were making but it's slowed down to a halt and we haven't heard from him since
>>
>>788318
err subtitles? Wtf is the point of downloading 200gb of shit if nobody mentions that you won't be able to understand it. Sure it is physical comedy but they spend about half the time just standing around making jokes
>>
>>810081
Team Gaki isn't even that good, there's many parts where dialogue is just not translated or the part where they talk at the top aren't translated for long periods of time if there's two people talking at once.
>>
File: 1481170550261.jpg (51 KB, 640x640)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Is EDF still the latest completely translated batsu please I need to know.
>>
>>820515
Not even close. The only not fully completed translation on a batsu is the newest one. I think you have at least 3 more you can watch
>>
File: 1505608297891.jpg (28 KB, 469x409)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>820517
Where can I download them?
>>
>>820518
https://www.teamgaki.com/batsu-game-complete-collection/

Top right has a dropdown menu for the different batsu games
>>
File: 1500645636801.png (134 KB, 267x317)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>820519
Fuck yes. Wish there was an option to just download it all as one video though but god damn this is great anyway.
>>
File: gaki.png (42 KB, 632x959)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
TL anon if you're here, where did it all go so wrong?
>>
Is there any explanation why they say at night "If you're scared, you're out" even though no one is ever punished for being scared other than by Tanaka dragging them down?
>>
>>821367
I think the punishment is them being scared. That and it automatically puts them on edge since they are expecting scary things to happen. It's lost its purpose now since they are expecting this segment every year anyway
>>
>>821367
its mostly just to reference the old dont get scared batsu's i'd think
that and it gives them an excuse to drag them all outside to end the game
>>
So how about those faster translations this year? 1 hour a month. Breakneck speed.

I wish they would cut the dead weight from the team. People shouldn't volunteer to take on the responsibility if they're just going to to ignore it for months.
>>
>>821870
1h in January. 0h in February. It seems that they've released part 4 and part 5 is in quality check. Part 6 however is still on typesetting. So expect a timely release in April :^)

I do wonder what happened to TL anon. He usually came here every now and then, but we haven't heard from him for over a month when the updates slowed down. Maybe he was the main driving force for the translation team and something happened to him.
>>
>>821915
He went MIA just like every other person in Team Gaki
>>
>>821386
Which one has Tanaka hit his head on the deer head?
>>
File: tanaka baby.png (153 KB, 292x411)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>822119
fuuuuuuck
i cant remember tanaka hitting it off the top of my head but i remember hosei walked into a deer's head near the end of the yugawara onsen batsu
try checking that one out
>>
Part 5 is out.
>>
>>822124
It's Yugawara Batsu, 1:56, Tanaka runs into the mounted deer head.
>>
>>822348
ah shit so it was literally right before hosei did it
its been a few years since i watched the older stuff, i should really rewatch them
>>
>>822169
And after more than 10 days everything's come to a halt again.
>>
>>823646
All according to keikaku
>>
Wednesday Downtown is getting subbed. First episode (2018-02-21) got released not too long ago. We'll see how long they'll keep it up and at what pace they'll release them.
https://wednesdaydowntownp.wixsite.com/home/blog/wednesday-downtown-2018-02-21
>>
Still stuck on part 5. Guessing we'll probably at least get part 6 in April, but it's looking like the batsu will be finished by June at this rate
>>
>>825251
I'd like Team Gaki to write up one of these years how and why the schedule happens as it does - like, do they parcel out each part in advance and some sub-teams go AWOL?
>>
>when the sub group spends more time on making an april fools joke than subbing
>>
>>825321
I just don't understand TG most of the time. Sure it probably didn't take that long to make, maybe 1-2h, but that time could've still been spent actually working on the batsu game everyone's waiting for.

Also here's another video that got subbed recently:
https://vimeo.com/262977743
>>
lol gundam uc's OST throughout scientists batsu part 3
>>
File: 10526646b3.jpg (105 KB, 700x650)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
dont forget to pre-order your chono figma before it releases in october [spoiler]which'll be before the batsu is done subbing at this rate[/spoiler]
>>
File: DSYemQFUEAAiOlO.jpg (129 KB, 900x1200)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>826572
Looks like shit desu. Should've sold this instead.
>>
>>826592
Also, new Wednesday Downtown episode just got subbed:
https://wednesdaydowntownp.wixsite.com/home/blog/wednesday-downtown-2016-11-09
>>
>>826572
GOD DAMN
hes so fucking cool
>>
>>826572
He's got nicer, bigger boobs than some JAV stars.
>>
>>826593
Awesome, thanks
>>
>>788318
>And anon's 212gb collection
Is this just EVERYTHING, or is it just stuff in higher quality? I assume the 31gb collection is just all the stubbed stuff as well.

Only asking because I'm using a laptop it is not happy when I try to download a torrent to an external HD.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17 KB, 465x564)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>827440
this is the 212gb collection folder
the "everything" meant that everything in the 31gb torrent is also in the 212gb one
>>
anyone got the subs for the HD spy batsu?
the subs for the SD one dont fit.
>>
Oh, wow, didn't even expect this. Matsumoto's Documental series season 1 is out in English:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C63KLVV/
IIRC it was released in 2016, Japan only. Wonder what made them release it in English 2 years later since I think in Japan they've already announced Season 5. The 1st season has mixed reviews, but the later ones are getting better reviews, so keep that in mind. Also here's somewhat of a brief description about it:
>Matsumoto Hitoshi brings a little bit of what you fancy to Amazon Prime Japan this fall. Starting November 30th, Matsumoto, (one half of internationally known comedy duo Downtown), will host Documental, a 4 part series akin to the duo’s No laughing Batsu New Year specials. In Documental, ten hand-picked Japanese entertainers will be given the chance at winning a grand prize of ¥10,000,000. Under Matsumoto’s watchful eye each entertainer must endure 6 hours of no laughing as they are subjected to a comedy barrage by other contestants or else be forced out from the competition.
>>
>>828420
I just watched the whole season and goddamn was it great. I really really hope they keep making these because I loved it
>>
File: 1417330600856.jpg (56 KB, 800x600)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>tfw translating 10 minutes takes you a month
>>
File: 1499076465433.png (439 KB, 466x728)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>828420
>>828470
Is there a torrent or download link for this instead of amazon prime?
>>
>>828591
No clue. I have amazon prime so I just watched it on there. I guess if you wait long enough torrents will come out. If not, I'd say just wait til more seasons get subbed and pay for one month of prime to watch them. It was worth it for this season at least
>>
>>828583
I've honestly even forgot about it. Last part was released on March 13th. At this rate we're going to get part 6 next month. I wonder if this year will take them even longer to finish. Which would be funny desu. Last year IIRC they boasted about having the biggest team ever and it took them the longest to sub the batsu game yet. This year they claimed to have a smaller but better team than last year but it looks like nothing's really changed and it might even take longer.

>>828591
You can get 30 days free. If you've already used a trial just create a new acc.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.