[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



Disciples of Tzeentch Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread:
>>52788845
>>
File: 1492718885160.jpg (322 KB, 1425x1058)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
Reposting the leaks from the kind anon from the previous thread
>>
File: 1492718967959.jpg (420 KB, 1527x1044)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>
File: 1492719054554.jpg (540 KB, 1561x1082)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
>>
File: 1492719122788.jpg (485 KB, 1510x1006)
485 KB
485 KB JPG
>>
>>52809371
>These Are Just Guidelines
Based Vetock.
>>
File: 1492719198048.jpg (442 KB, 1561x1058)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>
File: 1492719266267.jpg (409 KB, 1601x1079)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>
>>52808640

SHUT UP AND BUILD YOUR ARMY
>>
File: 1492719336442.jpg (460 KB, 1589x1049)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>
File: 1492719470681.jpg (457 KB, 1532x1051)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>
File: 1492719538765.jpg (476 KB, 1611x1073)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>>
File: 1492719606354.jpg (432 KB, 1544x1062)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
Barak-Urbaz best city port
>>
File: 1492719680221.jpg (495 KB, 1616x1092)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
Final one
>>
>>52809316
>>52809316

Yeah I just wanted to know about the keywords, so it would work. We always plan to play atleast 4-5 days like 5-6 times a year, we bring alot of lists, in WHFB and 40k and now AoS. Day 1 will be setting up and play 1k lists, and the next days we do 2k and pick 3 lists, Lore/Fluff, 2v2/3v3 and lastly a pure powergaming faggot list for tourney, loser has to pay for the food that night.

I speak German, so If you wanna take a pic for me that would be awesome! Just gonna use it for one game and don't really want to buy the book for it.
>>
>>52809470
Pay close attention where it says that you can make the fleet from one of the major skyports "simply by painting it" in the colours of that skyport.

So its in the rules if it's not painted as Barak Nar it's not Barak Nar, and so on.

No more "pick your rules based on your opponent", if you wear the colours of a skyport, you come from that skyport, no arguments.
>>
>>52809355
The Gunhauler is in no way worth 220 when a frigate costs 280. 60pts for transport capacity, more guns, better special rules and more wounds is a bargain.
>but the monster table
The frigate barely decays at all, even when on its last leg it looses a measly 2" Movement, two shots from its secondary guns and two melee attacks it has no business ever needing.
>>
>>52809691
Yeah, the gunhauler is basically unusable at 220. That being said everything else seems well costed.
Edrinriggers are fucking godlike
>>
>>52809652
pffff please i will paint them in my colour and will choose what i want even in Tournaments and everybody will agree with that because thoes are my models and i can paint them like i want
>>
File: 1488320017995.jpg (215 KB, 1466x1050)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>tfw the south coast GT is this weekend and like 15 mins from my house
>tfw cant go because ticket only and sold out
>>
File: IMG_2759.jpg (908 KB, 2448x1861)
908 KB
908 KB JPG
>>52809588
Knock yourself out. Please excuse the potato quality of the photo, my tablet camera is really fucking shitty.
Dom, is that you?
>>
>>52809691
>>52809728
It more or less exists to soak up wounds for the other ships.
>>
>>52809855
Not according to what's written down. You get rewarded for painting them a certain way
>>
>>52810175
The other ships that have more wounds, can selfheal and house more repairmen? For fucking 220pts? Yeah, no thanks.
That only makes sense if the escort is either significantly cheaper (since I can get a second frigate for barely more or a ironclad for the price of two gunhaulers) or can take hits like a champ, which the Gunhauler with its lacking armor and healing can't.
>>
File: goblin newspaper.jpg (30 KB, 453x353)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>52810130
>abhorrant ghoul king
>gore-slick talons and fangs
>move wounds bravery save
Wow, germans are FUCKING cucks, even more than expected.
>>
File: IMG_1376.jpg (692 KB, 2913x1413)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
My dads 10 year old beastmen army that's mostly unpainted and some parts are broken off.
>>
>>52810396
Proper minotaurs
>>
>>52809500
>Khemists Supreme

Jesus fucking Christ.

For the price of 500 points, you can get a Khemist and two units of 10 Thunderers with Mortars. That is 40 shots at 36" , 4+/3+ that each do D3 wounds every turn.
>>
>>52810550
If you are going to buy enough sets to build 20 thunderers with mortars, I suggest you see a therapist.
>>
just quickly, what are the rough power-level rankings for the following armies- if you had to rate them from best to worst?

stormcast eternals
ironjawz
demons+mortals of nurgle
mixed ogres
>>
>>52810624
It's exactly as you listed them
>>
File: IMAG1267.jpg (880 KB, 1324x1716)
880 KB
880 KB JPG
Who says in order to be a follower of Nurgle you must be fat and grotesque? Who says you can't be jaundiced and get mad gains? Well pretty much any law of health, but I'm ignoring all that for these guys! The /fit/ side of Nurgle. They don't get swollen, they just get swole.

These are starter set blood warriors converted into my counts-as Chaos Marauders with mark of Nurgle. Shields are Ogor gutplates.
>>
>>52810624
That order is spot on, though it could be argued that the last two spots are roughly equal.

>>52810550
Just throw those Thunderers into one unit and go Mhornar. Same output, but with rerolls to hit.
>>
>>52810579
Why did you crush my dreams Anon.

For real though, GW needs to start providing enough weapons to outfit a unit in every legal way. Even if it means opening up a bit shop.
>>
>>52810654
>Who says in order to be a follower of Tzeentch you must be a skinny nerd? Who says you can't be jaundiced and get mad gains?
>>
>>52810654
>bare bases
1/10 wouldn't play with
>>
>>52810884
They're not done yet. I plan on doing a rotting pirate ship theme with my army, but I'm going to get them all painted up first.
>>
>>52810550
Khemist stack up to 20 in a unit anyway, full cheese is pumping the one unit with five chemist and getting 120 shots.
>>
>>52810884
I have literally never seen a single person with a based army. Hell I'm lucky if people here paint/undercoat their armies.

Are bases really this important to people?
>>
>>52811333
Where do you live?
>>
>tzeentch is a faction full of birds and birdmen
>dont even have the best bird in the game

Lmao what a shit faction
>>
>>52811754
>best bird in the game
>can only fly because it is propelled by a stream of its own shit
>>
>>52811778
aetherstrike literally shitting all over every other list
>>
>>52809652
>So its in the rules if it's not painted as Barak Nar it's not Barak Nar, and so on

I didn't believe you so I read the rules. >>52809470


You are correct.
>>
>>52811807
Fucking Paint-to-Win rules.
>>
>>52809455
>These ones are gold
>They are also in the sky

10/10
>>
>>52812090
on the one hand I am concerned about this because I don't always want to paint things the way they are painted in official books.

on the other hand it will for sure encourage people to actually paint their shit if they cant get the bonus without doing it.
>>
>>52809401
>artyle that lets every hero unbind
>footnote that once per game each hero can unbind 2 spells each
>barak-nar ability to add 1 to unbinding rolls
>aethersight loupe lets 1 hero unbind on 3d6
Damn thats legit
>>
how do i make bretonnia good?
>>
>>52812283

Grail knights, 16 man units of knights of the realm, peasant archers, hurricanums. King Louen.
>>
Hi. New player. Just finished my first army and wanted to try some local tournament play. There's 4 FLGSs in my city and a lot of support for AoS, but over half the armies here aren't painted. They just put the models together. A couple of these guys are playing with just "counts as" bases. Is this normal everywhere else?
>>
Alright guys, question time. Might be a stupid question, but how do you go to the game store to play? Do you pack all your minis and head to the store, and ask a random stranger if they want a game? Or just sit around twiddling your fingers until somebody asks to play a game? Or do you always have to go with a friend?
>>
>>52812691
Well I play at a GW. When me and my buddies got started, we went up together, but as we got busier and less time to play, I started playing against the usuals. This is usually done in two ways. I either talk with the manager and ask if anyone was looking for the game I want. He will ask the store in a call out. Or I start to learn who plays the game I want and if I see them, ask if they brought their models. If yes, and they want to play, we discuss point values. i usually bring about 2k worth of points for any size game, and since I'm ironjawz, I really don't have to change my list up cause we went to like... 1.5k, its pretty much taking a few more units and calling it a day.
>>
>>52812691
I just moved to a new city and here's what I did

>Find local GW and FLGS
>visit them, speak with managers and customers to see if anyone plays AOS there
>ask if they have a specific night set up for AOS. if not, try to set one up
>find relevant normiebook groups
>slowly build up regular gaming group
>look up tournaments and participate

GW stores are the best place to go if youre new, there are almost always people there willing to play

>>52812646
its pretty common to see unpainted/just built armies in the AOS scene because lots of people are just getting into it

>"counts as" bases
That's unacceptable. At least put a model on the table and tell us it represents something else, a base is not enough
>>
File: 1492743091605.jpg (254 KB, 1280x1024)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>
>>52812691

Great question. I knew a guy who got mad about this.

>Do you pack all your minis and head to the store,

Some players see "all the minis" as cheesy and WAAC. I don't. But some do.

>ask a random stranger if they want a game?

If you see them with minis out, this can work, because they're sometimes there waiting for someone to ask them. Other times, they're waiting for their opponent for a game they previously scheduled via text or whatever.

- Take initiative; don't wait for others to do it for you.

- Schedule meets ahead of time.
>>
>>
File: flames.jpg (88 KB, 800x640)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>
File: 4359757.jpg (35 KB, 430x369)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>52812849
>its pretty common to see unpainted/just built armies in the AOS scene because lots of people are just getting into it

Which is easy to exploit. Simply switch out netlists ad infinitum on ebay or craigslist until you get your big winnar and then whine that you're "just getting into it" when called out on the carpet.

No painting necessary. After all, "I'm just not talented, and it's too hard anyway, so why bother?"
>>
File: romans.jpg (829 KB, 2570x2407)
829 KB
829 KB JPG
Should I use these for Age of Sigmar or Kings of War? What system has the better rules?
>>
>>52812994
Youre in the AOS thread, what do you think we'll say?

Are you just looking for confirmation bias or what
>>
>>52813029
>confirmation bias
Not at all, to be honest I assumed it was much like the 40k general where people openly admit their game system is shit and easily abused/broken.
>>
>>52812994

Dear Troll,

AoS is not a wargame.
>>
File: Warhammer_Tyrion.png (961 KB, 574x653)
961 KB
961 KB PNG
>>
>>52813068
Legitimately not trolling. I'm not familiar with AoS, what would be best to use those as count as? With monstrous human-like infantry
>>
>>52813062
well im super biased so take this as you will

i love aos, its my favourite wargame to play casually and competitively

the models are great

its really easy to learn the rules but theres a TON of depth to the game

it doesnt cost much to get started

each new release is making the game better and better

the community is the best ive ever experienced, theres very few WAACfags and the few out there are still very chill
>>
File: Teclis_bigsdds.jpg (30 KB, 399x446)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>
>>52813161
If you don't mind helping me out, what would you suggest for this question? >>52813148

Could I just load up my round based minis on movement trays and play Kings of War as well?
>>
>>52813216
The shape of the bases don't matter for AoS. You can stick each roman on their own individual square base for AoS, then you can line them up in formation for Kings of War.
>>
>>52813325
Aren't non shooting focused armies really bad now?
>>
File: Count.jpg (12 KB, 303x268)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
What does Soulblight need to be a good faction?

In my opinion, I think they're desperate for (a) Plastic Bloodknights and (b) a cheaper Battleline. For the Battleline, something of a Liberator/Blood Warrior level perhaps, like young Vampires that fight on foot. A unit like that with fit well in all of Death since there's only really Grave Guard that holds the role of "elite infantry".

Plastic bats would be neat too, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>52813343

No some shooting armies are top tier but they aren't the only viable armies even competitively.

Casually it's not an issue at all
>>
Thoughts on self recasted bits?
>>
>>52813681
Watch out for cancer
>>
File: Untitled.png (95 KB, 486x190)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
which overrules the other, this ability, of the rule of one stating no extra attacks may generate further extra attacks? the wording on this seems to mean it takes cancels out the rule of one.
>>
>>52814146
Rule of 1
>>
File: rules of 1.png (136 KB, 668x438)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>52814146
what do you think?
>>
>>52814205
>>52814224
I understand the rule of one, but why would he even have this ability if the rule of one cancels it?
if it were published before the rule of one was established, shouldnt it have been updated to reflect it?
>>
>>52814205
>>52814224
oh shit i didnt realise the ripperdactyl was actually the example. my bad.
>>
>>52814300
Because in narrative and open play Voracious Appetite et al, can generate infinite attacks potentially. Only in matched play is it limited.
>in b4 waaaaaa noone ever plays openz!!!!!11oneoneeleven
>>
>>52814314
don't feel bad. at least once every couple weeks someone asks exactly the same question about exactly the same unit and gets exactly the same answer every time.

that's actually why I made that pic.
>>
Is out there anyway to make Fyreslayers competitive?
>>
File: night-watch.jpg (261 KB, 800x1069)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
Quick questions about the Free Guild.

Can Freeguild Guards take shields along with halberds or militia weapons?

Does Shadow over Hammerhel contain any more fluff regarding the Freeguard? Has anyone uploaded the fluff book for it yet?

If the Freeguild are the fantasy police, is there a Sam Vimes?
>>
File: PointsUpdate-3.jpg (402 KB, 1000x975)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>52814464
use the new points costs for them

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/07/the-generals-handbook-ii-wip-points-sneak-peek/
>>
File: sam vimes.png (156 KB, 236x460)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>52814477
>>
>>52814503

Thank you so much!
>>
>>52812994
>>52813148
this is better for KoW for a number of reasons my historical bro.
1. it's not meant for skirmishes
2. there are approximations for Romans in KoW and they have their own historical book
3. kings o war allows you to play with whatever models you want.
4. you don't need to remove models in KoW when a unit breaks it just breaks.
also AoS is a skirmish game it just doesn't fit
>>
>>52814477

Any unit of free guard can have shields except ones with militia weapons

Remember halberdiers and spearmen could have shields in fantasy too
>>
File: goo.png (14 KB, 864x619)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
skeleton ashigaru/samurai or slimes done up like this with clear green colored resin?
>>
>>52813528
Its never going to be fleshed out. Its just a microfaction for old models that will eventually be phased out
>>
File: Sad Vamp.jpg (177 KB, 612x792)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>52814950
Don't tell me things like this anon. I'll hold out hope.

On a serious note, have they phased out any old armies since the start of AoS? GW killed off Tomb Kings and Brets, but I think they're done with executions now.
>>
>>52809451
Im painting it now!
>>
File: jesuschrist.png (175 KB, 246x486)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>52809652
>>52810237
>>52811807
>Never heard of Space Marines

It says you CAN organize your KOs by painting them to the corresponding Sky Port, not that you MUST. There is a fucking difference. Don't be a TFG and argue semantics when you aren't even right. People can paint their KOs however the fuck they want and pick w/e sky port they please or make their own at any time.
>>
>>52815397
Fucking this. Thankyou for saying it.

It's just like fucking space marine chapters. You can make your own 'your dudes' chapter and call if an ultramarines successor if you want, then use the ultramarines chapter tactics.

Fuck, you can make it a black templars successor and use ultramarines chapter tactics if you want. Really the only thing that matters is you are consistent with it, like at a tournament or some shit.

GW is not stupid enough to say "YOU MUST PAINT YOUR MINIS THIS WAY TO USE THESE RULES"
>>
>>52815397
Except that in the chapter tactics rules it doesn't mention how you paint the models AT ALL, and has a specific section about Successor Chapters and how the rules apply. This Kharadron book has now set a precedent even mentioning painting as a qualifier to obtain certain rules. I'm super happy if it gets enforced as it reduces WAACfaggotry, as opposed to me being a TFG.

>implying a duardin, even one as removed as an overlord, would appreciate change to the extent that WAAC netlists do in reaction to the meta
>>
>>52815397
>>52815591
In fact, the ONLY qualifier mentioned for the 6 big skyfleets is the painting. They don't have any required units or warscrolls, unlike the other Battalions from other recent battletomes. The major skyports don't even cost points, which again is unprecedented for AoS. And the theme so far is you don't get something for nothing with this game, so the cost for selecting the big 6 is that you have to put the effort into painting them as such.
>>
>>52815810
The shit you get from picking one of the skyports is the Kharadron's allegiance benefits though, so it's more like you give up on some bonuses in return for being able to choose your own code if you don't use one of the main six.
>>
>>52815844
True, but the cost you've paid to get Allegience benefit is just picking from that battletome, which is the same as any other. What is different is that this specifically calls out painting as the qualifier to get these rules.
>>
Since Chaos Lord has been replaced by Lord of Chaos, can you play Chaos Warband formation anymore?
>>
>>52814631
AoS is not skirmish game, it just doesn't force your units into even ranks. You still move units as cohesive units, making it a battle game.
>>
>>52815591
>>52815810
Don't be an ass. What if my fleet is a mercenary from one of the main ports. They follow their home port code but have their own colors.
>>
>>52816280
Then you're out of luck. The game is WYSWIG.
>>
>>52816348
DEATH player detected. Don't be salty lad. Undead are getting new stuff for Shadespire. Let the stweamy dwarfs have sum fun too ok? Mom is going to pick you up soon. Dont worry
>>
>>52816461
think about what you posted. in a conversation between adults, do you think this is a meaningful or insightful comment?
>>
>>52816473
It seemed to hit. Very nice. Sportsmanship is part of the hobby you seem to lack it. So why should i try and discuss anything with an anonymous person on an anonymous board if he lacks what i desire in a good game?
>>
>>52816510
i'm just some random guy, not the guy you replied to. i just dont like to see thread discussion descend into name calling. i mean, what, do you think you're going to somehow convince him his opinion is invalid by calling him a child?
>>
>>52816524
Well excuse me young sir. My behaviour shall be corrected and i will step back from my argument.
Kinda nice to know some poeple fight for a proper thread amidst all the bullshitting on the chans of the four. Have a nice day.
>>
>>52809500
Barak-Zon guys will always look like Super Mario to me.
>>
>>52816549
Is this a bad thing? Super Mario themed army would be brilliant & funny as fck on the table.I would love to fight them
>>
Anyone got a good shot of the destined duel rules in the latest white dwarf?
>>
how are lizardmen these days? if built to a formation like the shadowstrike host, are they capable of tabling non-competetive armies?
>>
>>52816650
I only remember them being downright broken before AoS because salamanders, temple guard block with slaan and saurus vet on cold one
>>
Spire of Dawn set has like £100 worth of models for both Skaven and High Elves, for £50 total
could you realistically buy this set for only one of the armies, and make back all that money by selling the other army on ebay?
>>
>>52816639
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag

Pdf of the issue is in this mega
>>
>>52815810
>And the theme so far is you don't get something for nothing with this game

Except banners, musicians, champions, artefacts, traits, the ability to fly ...
>>
>want to play themed army
>don't want to have a themed army

Can you smell the powergaming in the air?
>>
>>52816856
>https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag

thanks a lot man
>>
>>52816795

Only if you manage to sell it to someone who can't buy the set themselves for some reason.

Think about it, would you buy half the set for £50 when you know the whole thing is £50?

People try shit like this all the time on ebay and it just doesn't work, you can make some of your money back but you're never going to get the full value.

You'd be better off finding someone who wants the half you don't want, convincing them to buy a set and then swapping.
>>
>>52816795
Not all the money, but some for sure. There are frequent sales on ebay with only 1 part of the box tho.
>>
>>52812984
Frontline says they will give it another year or two before disallowing this and going back to their usual 3 color scheme thing.

Sounds reasonable to me.
>>
>>52816911
you sell the set in bits to people who may not want the whole set
>>
>>52817060

Ok, but most people still try to sell for too high.

I'm not going to buy 3 juggernauts for £30 when I can get a whole start collecting khorne for £37 online.
>>
>>52808322
Grinder stormfiends with shock gauntlets for charging not warpfire, for that you'll want their battalion
>>
>>52816639
does it work for aos characters?
>>
Seeing as this is the Tzeentch edition and I got no replies yesterday I was curious to hopefully get some feedback on my list

(also side question, with the battalions you will see I had certain units overlapping between the different battalions, is that allowed?)

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
- Artefact: Lord of Flux
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- General
- Staff of Change
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
The Changeling (140)
- General
The Blue Scribes (120)
- General
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- General
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline

Battalions
The Hosts Duplicitous (50)
Changehost of Tzeentch (60)
Multitudinous Host (30)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1990/2000
>>
>>52817200
So about that battleline...
>>
>>52817200

Battle line consists of
Pink Horrors x 10
Pink Horrors x 10
Pink Horrors x 10
Blue Horrors x 10
Blue Horrors x 10
Blue Horrors x 10
Flamers x 3
Flamers x 3
>>
>>52817200
>(also side question, with the battalions you will see I had certain units overlapping between the different battalions, is that allowed?)
No
>>
>>52817208
this army looks all kinds of wrong man...
>>
>>52817229

Would you be able to give me some pointers? Or is it more in write off territory?
>>
>>52817241
Well you cant cast bolt of tzeentch twice in a turn, also chaos talisman is from the chaos allegiance not the tzeentch. herald of tzeentch and the changling are pretty trash. Flamers are cool but if you dont run the right battalion there just in the way and squishy for what they do
>>
>>52817161

From what i see so far, yes. The stats of the minis are not used, it's basically just a card game in which you use 2 minis to better represent what's going on.
>>
>>52817255

Thank you for pointing those things out. Just for future planning, if I wanted to run the host duplicitous would I need to have a lord of change for the changehost and an additional one for the host duplicitous?
>>
>>52817325
yeh man
>>
Still haven't found the warscroll for the Endrinmaster - can someone please share it or direct me to where it was posted? Thanks!
>>
>>52817356

Level of wrong intensifying or abating?

Lord Of Change (300)
- Command Trait : Magical Supremacy - Tzeentch Daemon Hero
- Artefact : Lord of Flux
- Lore of Change : Tzeentch's Firestorm
Herald Of Tzeentch On Disc (120)
- Staff of Change
- Lore of Change : Fold Reality
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Artefact : Souldraught
- Lore of Change : Bolt of Tzeentch
Units
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
- Lore of Change : Treason of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
- Lore of Change : Treason of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
- Lore of Change : Treason of Tzeentch
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
3 x Flamers Of Tzeentch (200)
3 x Flamers Of Tzeentch (200)
Battalions
The Hosts Duplicitous (50)
Multitudinous Host (30)
Warpflame Host (30)
>>
>>52817472
Its so over the top and confusing there seems to be no focused theme, try building a 1k point list thats sold then build on top of that instead of going 300% from the begining
>>
>>52813343
one of the best armies in the game (tomb kings) uses zero shooting units
>>
>>52814146
Can we make a new bingo card? This post has come up far too often
>>
Apparently there will be an announcement about GHB2 this weekend
>>
>>52816650
In matched play theyre mid tier. not bad, not exceptional. they can handily beat most armies in the game but struggle against mortal wounds

used to be high tier but new tzeentch & stormcast are both hard counters

theyre the jack of all trades, master of none army. their niche should be powerful spellcasting but Slann are only good for summoning other units, which is neutered compared to Open play

all their battalions are overcosted trash. literally all of them.

they need an updated battletome with allegiance bonuses and spells for the slann. some people have made custom allegiance packs, like this one here
>>
My flgs has already house ruled that paint schemes are irrelevant for Kharadron, just pick the skyfleet you want.
>>
>>52818087
>struggle against mortal wounds

They really do, been playing a friend of mine and my Slaughterpriests have been zapping lizards left and right, last game the pair of them must have killed about 300+pts worth of stuff.

They seem to have a lot of units with great defences but they only have one wound each so mortal wounds just decimate them.

My friend had taken some small units to send off and claim objectives, needless to say 5 man units are a bad idea when a Slaughterpriest is about, one lucky Blood Boil and they're all gone.
>>
>>52818215
this

this is why saurus guard are bad, and why everyone says the eternal starhost is a shitty meme trap battalion waste of points
>>
Any plans for getting something new stuff for your armies Anons? I am currently on my way to GW so I can buy myself some disgusting blight kings and a sorcerer
>>
>>52818283
A man of culture I see, the lord of plages is also a fantastic mini which I had a lot of fun doing desu. I suppose you are doing chaos mortals or just whatever you fancy? If it's random trash the wight king(s) (if they have some of the axe ones for some reason get it) are also really fun to paint
>>
>>52818283
SCE: 2 Fulminators, 2 Concussors, Drakesworn Templar, 5 Protectors.

Sylvaneth: Durthu, Alarielle, Drycha, 3 more Kurnoth Hunters, 1 unit of Spite Revenants.

Khorne Bloodbound: more Reavers, more heroes, 5 Wrathmongers.

In due time....
>>
>>52818283
No plans to expand my current armies. I've still got to paint 200 skeletons, 4 morghasts, a bunch of tomb king heroes, 3 seraphon monsters, and >4000 points of stormcast

Thinking about buying some zeppelins for a display, though
>>
>>52818283
Unfortunately, I'm kind of in the "rebuy and paint things I need multiples of" part of my army, buy I guess the more unique things are that I'm getting a Lord-Heraldor and a Knight-Azyros for
>>
>>52816348
Who cares as long as everyone knows whats what before you start playing. If you are that kind of a dick about it you probably won't get many games going forward.
>>
>>52818167
as it should be
>>
>>52818535
Anyone who isn't a competitive player won't care what Skyfleet you have your Kharadron counts as, and anyone who is competitive will play just as well against a Kharadron army that is painted as a specific skyfleet and one that isn't but counts as that skyfleet.

Nitpicking over color schemes is an easy way to out yourself as neither laid back nor actually competitive.
>>
>>52818283
I really hate to assemble stuff (weird, I know), so I'm not buying until I'm free for painting.

Then, I got a bargain. A guy was throwing away a lot of stuff for cheap and I bought it.
Now I'm overwhelmed.

I'm not gonna buy anything for a very long time.
>>
>>52818587
competitive players wont give a shit about colour scheme

nobody will care
>>
>>52810388
It's untranslated in other languages as well, GW's fault you fucking cunt
>>
>>52818597
>competitive players wont give a shit about colour scheme
That's what I'm saying.

I'm just pointing out that, if you're actually a good player, whether or not the Kharadron are painted wouldn't affect the raw question of "Can I beat this army?"
>>
>>52815591
>>52815810
>>52816348
>Hasn't refuted the CAN vs MUST argument

You do realize that, by your interpretation, the player must choose to not be able to play 6 out of 7 of the skyports(personal mix included). That is a horrible value of a battletome and ruins any opportunity to explore.

Again, by your interpretation, unpainted or primed models cannot draw rules from the 6 main ports.

No decent human being is going to interpret and enforce such douchebaggery. I can tell you right now that it won't be enforced by anyone but you, whom will likely never face KO players because no one is going to put up with that shit.

Go back to your mountain, sky duardin are a bit more opportunistic and flexible if prosperity is to be found. "These Are Just Guidelines," after all.
>>
>>52818633
Pretty much. Anyone who raises a fuss about the way a KO army are painted is just outing themselves as someone you shouldn't bother playing.
>>
>>52818633
Does savage Orruks have something similar with their war paint?
>>
Friendly reminder that measuring from model to model is RAW and anyone trying to measure from base to base is an autistic fluffbunny ignoring the rules of the game.
>>
Friendly reminder that AOS is not intended to be played RAW all the time, even in Open play

The point is to talk to your opponent and not be a grognard faggot
>>
>>52818283
Working on my Nurgle Mortals army right now. Planning to pick up the Start Collecting Nurgle Daemons box when I have a chance. Honestly all I need are the Nurglings and a single Plaguebearer to make my counts-as Morbidex, but fuck it. Might as well pick up the whole set and toss the extras in the bitz box.
>>
>>52818666

Dunno, but it's a neat idea you've got their Satan.
>>
File: IMG_2294.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>52818781
Thanks, but it's pronounced Sa'tan
>>
>>52818666
I've never seen a Bonesplittaz player in my life, but of the one's I've seen online, very few even paint on the warpaint.
>>
File: 20170122_203426.jpg (3.56 MB, 4160x2340)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB JPG
>>52818838
ive never seen a fully painted bonesplitterz army in person, its always just built or primed

its a shame because theyre really fun to paint
>>
>>52818283
Just bought the blood bound battle force on eBay for under $130. It's the old one without the aspiring deathbringer, but I already have him so I don't care.
I'm kinda excited because I've never built so many units simultaneously. Usually I buy 1 kit and convert with leftover bits or change built models with new bits. Now I'll actually get to build a whole force at the same time.
>>
>>52818676
I feel that the term "grognard" has lost what little meaning it had left at this point.
>>
>>52818896
>I'm kinda excited because I've never built so many units simultaneously. Usually I buy 1 kit and convert with leftover bits or change built models with new bits. Now I'll actually get to build a whole force at the same time.
I haven't thought about it, but that is a cool feeling. I'm like you except I only build what models I plan to paint in the same day, but there's something nice about just beasting them all out in a sitting or so.
>>
>>52818859
I like the ice theme you have going on, really nice!
>>
>>52809455
Oh wow cant wait to play Age Of 40K
>>
>>52818595
It's not weird mate, I hate nothing more than assembly.
>>
>>
>>52810388
In Chinese they use a local name
>>
>>52818935
Yeah building/converting is my favorite part of the hobby. I see people's conversions online where they're like "I had enough components in my bits box to build this entire guy" but I can't stand having the parts to build a model but not doing it. Buying multiple kits at once allows for conversions without much patience.
>>
File: IMG_20170411_141149.jpg (4.11 MB, 3968x2976)
4.11 MB
4.11 MB JPG
Here is an example
>>
>>52819102
an example of what
>>
>>52819102
Here is an exemple
>>
>>52819051
OH BOY MORE STORMCAST
>>
>>52819180
i hope so, stormcast are cool
>>
>>52818283

I just bought Spire of Dawn for the helves. After I paint them I'll probably get some white lions, phoenix guards and dragon princes. I'll need some more sea guard too and shadow warriors are cool.

10 year old me loves Helves so much so here I am in the present starting an army of them.
>>
File: 1469780768999.png (75 KB, 157x262)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>52819051
>>52817823
>>
>>52819169
Fucking called it!
>>
>>52819206
>Helves
What are those?
Elves that only write in Helvetica?
>>
>>52819251

Oh my bad. I meant Haelves.
>>
Does anyone know of a kid with some decent human heads? Preferable, with little to no heraldry or faction-identifying fancies?
>>
>Kid
Meant kit, my bad.
>>
File: 1451773598190.jpg (38 KB, 500x709)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>52819285
>Does anyone know of a kid with some decent human heads?
>kid
What are you up to, Anon?
You are scaring me
>>
>>52818087
wish slann could cast the and aelf lore spells too
>>
>>52815397
>It says you CAN organize your KOs by painting them to the corresponding Sky Port, not that you MUST

right. and if you choose NOT to paint them then you do not get the bonus.
>>
>>52819051
Yes!!!!!! give us more flying midgets in power armour and machineguns!
>>
>>52819354
And if you choose to be a stickler about that rule, no one will want to play with you.

This is no less autistic than trying to enforce everyone doing model to model measuring because that's RAW.
>>
>>52817803
Skull catapult.
>>
>>52819407
>wasting points on ssc instead of taking more necropolis knights

lol
>>
>>52819328
I suppose I walked into that one.

Regardless, does anyone know of any kits with good human heads.
>>
>>52819372
why should one battle tome be given an exception to following the rules in its book if the other tomes aren't?

So I get to pick and choose what rules to follow from the Sylvaneth book now?
>>
>>52819461
Khorne Blood reavers, all the Khorne stuff is easy to file down
>>
>>52819339
>wish slann could cast the and aelf lore spells too

lmfao the Aelves wish they actually had a spell lore to cast.
>>
>>52819477
>So I get to pick and choose what rules to follow from the Sylvaneth book now?

If you opponents allow it, yeah. Ignoring the Kharadron paint rules is no less of a deviation from RAW as base-to-base measuring.
>>
Back when AOS landed, there was talks about allowing mutibasing of miniatures and playing as is, is this still true after the General's Handbook?

Would I be able to base orcs in neat dioramas (in a 40mm or 50mm base) in packs of 2 or 3 and call it a day?
>>
File: 1492361965702.png (1.26 MB, 1334x503)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>52819362
definitely not a terminator.
>>
>>52819532
Looks like the monopoly man is taking his vengeance on all the socialists
>>
>>52819532
Shitty forced meme pls go

You don't have to post that exact image and post any time someone mentions Kharadron and their armor.
>>
>>52819532
And people say this new faction ain't American as fuck. God damn I love these guys
>>
>>52819477
>why should one battle tome be given an exception to following the rules in its book if the other tomes aren't?
Implying they aren't?

If you want to deviate from your battletome, ask your opponent to see if they're cool with it.

If you're talking more about tournaments or FLGS leagues, talk to the guy in charge or see if they've made any relevant rules. Judging from this thread, at least a few FLGS' have already ruled the Kharadron paint scheme rule to not apply there.
>>
>>52819518
>If you opponents allow it, yeah.

frankly I don't give a damn if people paint their blimps bright pink and want to call it whatever port affiliation suits their fancy.

I am just playing devils advocate on it because setting up the precedent where one faction gets to strait up cherry pick what tome rules to follow isn't going to fly very well in a competitive setting.

The rules exist for a reason, to create a structured experience two people can enjoy within well defined boundaries created by the rules.

Just assuming everyone will be cool with you ignoring the rules isn't a safe assumption and will rub people the wrong way.
>>
>>52819477
Aesthetic rules based on what color your flying dwarves are should have no benefit on how they play one way or another. Its the same thing has having successor chapters in 40k. Who cares besides a WAAC just trying to be a dick to screw someone over.
>>
>>52819604
>one faction gets to strait up cherry pick what tome rules to follow isn't going to fly very well in a competitive setting.
Why? It's just a battle trait.

Tzeentch gets Destiny Dice, KO get to pick from a bunch of bonuses.
>>
>>52819604
>I am just playing devils advocate on it because setting up the precedent where one faction gets to strait up cherry pick what tome rules to follow isn't going to fly very well in a competitive setting.

No one is saying Kharadron get a unique power to cherry pick, what they're saying is that, as with any rule in any battletome, you can ignore it if the people playing you are cool with it.

As mentioned, people already ignore the RAW mechanic of ignoring bases and measuring from model-to-model, and the General's Handbook explicitly mentions that any group of players are free to modify the rules as long as it's agreed upon.

So like, sure, if someone wants to go to their FLGS and insist the Kharadron player follow that rule, good for them, but there's no reason why other people can't choose to ignore that rule.
>>
File: greatsword.jpg (109 KB, 934x1280)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
I'm looking to start painting my Freeguild again. Since I'm no longer bond by the colour schemes of the Empire, what are some good sources for inspiration for colours scheme a bit out of the norm?

Also, since there are now various different flavoured realms now, how can I make my Freeguild Guard look like they came from one of the more exotic realms?
>>
>>52819604
>Just assuming everyone will be cool with you ignoring the rules isn't a safe assumption and will rub people the wrong way.
I mean, yeah if you're a wandering player it's never a good assumption to think that any place you go to will be cool with your house-rules, but a lot of players have a stable community or group that they play with, where they can be relatively certain that people will be okay with it.
>>
Tomorrow GHB II will be announced/showcased in SCGT at 14:00pm (GMT+0)
>>
>>52819518
>base-to-base measuring
>>52819655
>ignoring bases and measuring from model-to-model

the fact that official GW video (link below) uses base to base measurement is demonstrable evidence in favor of the base to base argument.

at the very least I would like to see a FAQ clarifying the situation on what colors the blimps must be painted and if it actually matters.

for now RAW is you don't get the bonus if you don't paint the scheme.

>>52819604
>frankly I don't give a damn if people paint their blimps bright pink and want to call it whatever port affiliation suits their fancy.
>I am just playing devils advocate on it because setting up the precedent where one faction gets to strait up cherry pick what tome rules to follow isn't going to fly very well in a competitive setting.
>The rules exist for a reason, to create a structured experience two people can enjoy within well defined boundaries created by the rules.
>Just assuming everyone will be cool with you ignoring the rules isn't a safe assumption and will rub people the wrong way.

^this
>>
>>52819751
>link below
https://youtu.be/SRB12Ol4l94
>>
>>52819680
In terms of making your freeguild look like they're from a different realm, you can try painting in the colors of that realm and trying to find associated bits. Plus, shields, heraldry, and basing goes a long way.

Like, if you want to have some realm of beasts guys, you could paint them in drab natural shades, high-grass bases, and paint their shields and standards with a bear motif or something like that. Maybe add some pelts from the chaos marauders kit or something to make them look more "wild". That sort of thing.
>>
Lads. Which Bloodthirster is best? I was looking at them and the new Blades of Khorne book and saw how insane you can make them. Pick any Bloodthirster (though I guess Unfettered Fury is best. Then pick the following

>Immense Power
+1 Damage to ALL melee weapons

<Deathdealer Daemon Weapon
+1 Damage to Melee weapon of your choice


So your Lash of Khorne becomes

8"/4A/4+/3+/-1/D3+1

Your Mighty Axe of Khorne becomes

2"/6A/3+/2+/-2/D3+2

This means, potentially, your Lash does 12 Wounds and your Axe does 30 Wounds. That's more than Insensitate Rage can do (D6+2 x4 = 32 Wounds with 1/6 chance to do 3 Mortal Wounds to nearby units). Plus 4+ is a pretty shitty To Hit for it, but it does re-roll if it charged.

Either way, this shit is pretty fucking good.

I have a question though, how does things work. For example, there is, for Mortal Khorne shit a +1A Trait and a Double Attack gift. If the melee weapon of choice has, say, 3 attacks base. Is it (3x2)+1 or is it (3+1)x2? In other words, with both choices is the weapon doing 7 attacks or 8 in that example? This is important especially if you make a Gorechosen with x1 Exhalted Death Bringer and x7 Aspiring Death Bringer (latter gives +1A to units within 8" of it) As if you gave the above gifts to an Exalted Deathbringer in a Gorechosen unit with 7 Aspiring. That's 8 extra attacks (7 plus 1 from Gorechosen). If that means your Exalted Deathbringers Ruinous Axe is (3+1+8)x2, so 24 attacks, at 2 Damage. It's vastly superior to (3x2)+9, which is only 15. That's 9 less attacks.

I can't remember reading if you do it like 40k (apply multiplication then the addition after) but it might be somewhere.
>>
>>52819751
>for now RAW is you don't get the bonus if you don't paint the scheme.
Right, and it's also RAW is that you measure model to model.

Base-to-base measuring is literally cited in the GHB as an example of a common house rule in the matched play section, which implies that it's not RAW.

People are free to ignore any rules that their opponent/community allows. Some communities are already pre-allowing non-scheme Kharadrons to get the bonuses, just like some communities house-rule that you measure from base to base.
>>
>>52819785
Sorry, ignore the +1 for the Lash, I dunno why I put that there.
>>
>>52819804
the method of measurement both players agree to use for a game is not the same thing as one player in a two player game cherry picking what rules apply to his army.
>>
>>52819751
>>52819804
From the AOS rules, page 1
>Distances in Warhammer: Age of Sigmar are measured in inches ("), between the closest points of the models or units you’re measuring to and from. You can measure distances whenever you wish. A model’s base isn’t considered part of the model – it’s just there to help the model stand up – so don’t include it when measuring distances.

From GHB, pg 109
>For instance, one of the most commonly seen house rules asks players to measure distances from base to base, ignoring limbs and weapons that hang over the edge of the model’s base

QED, base-to-base measuring is a house rule and no less of a deviation from RAW than ignoring Kharadron paint scheme requirements.
>>
>>52819838
>the method of measurement both players agree to use for a game is not the same thing as one player in a two player game cherry picking what rules apply to his army.
Yes it absolutely fucking is. Both players are choosing to ignore RAW and play by a house rule.
>>
NURGLE PLAGUE BLIMPS WHEN?!
>>
Why is the idea of a gaming club or FLGS allowing house rules suddenly a federal fucking issue?

Have you morons every played a non-wargame tabletop? Houseruling when people agree to is the norm. No DM worth his shit is just going to doggedly follow the book if the rules seem stupid.

Not even most tournaments for wargames doggedly stick to RAW, given how tournaments tend to have additional rule packets.
>>
GW shouldn't have bothered desu with those KO rules. It's a bit like the Bloodbound Mortal Army Warband types. If you go with Goretide you're FORCED to run the Mighty Lord of Khorne as Khul. Even though it is not stated as such, as one of the rules specifically states that is him leading them and so on.

Forcing people to change their armies to get a specific bonus only works if people agree with this. As in, to get Goretides bonus you have to run your guy as Khul and paint them that colour and so on so forth.

This would be fine if there was a way of applying it to your custom paint scheme. It makes people (who like fluffing their own people) feel like they're forced to do something somebody else has come up with in order to get crunch bonuses.

It's a nice idea but if I paint my guys bright pink, I don't get the bonuses if we follow the rules to the letter. You'd have to ask people to let it happen; which you then see as looking for any and all advantages. I think this was a mistake on GW's part. Yes in a way you're limited (you have to run certain formations and can only run certain formations etc) but to some it's a bit annoying.

I fear the Seraphon ones as I dunno how they're gonna work it. Constellations types? In WHFB it was the cities names which determined possible differences, I don't think they have cities any more (sadly) in AoS. I also find the Yellow spined ones to be a nicer mix (blue skin, darker scales, yellow spines, black + gold weapons and red shields is a wonderful colour scheme). Alas I don't want to do that if it'll lock me into a specific Rule list because I'm 100% sure the yellow spined ones will be one of the choices along with red.
>>
>>52819898
>Yes it absolutely fucking is.
No, it isn't.

In the base to base measurement example the decision impacts both players equally.

in the cherry pick your tome example the decision only benefits the cherry picker.

different.
>>
>>52819974
>in the cherry pick your tome example the decision only benefits the cherry picker.
The fact you think this is a meaningful difference only accentuates your autism.

Do you throw a shitfit when tournaments put out rule packets that affect specific rules from specific factions?
>>
>>52819461
Chaos marauders might work if you like beards and a wild look.
>>
>>52819974
and if both players agree to it, whats the issue?

not everyone really gives a shit about sticking to DA RULEZ!!! just because it was written by some britbong on gw pay, and even gw acknowledges your free to ignore or change rules
>>
>>52819998
>insults and straw man fallacy

not a convincing argument.

Like I said before this is my opinion here >>52819604

I don't care if you paint your blimps bright pink and pick a different port every game. You wouldn't need to worry about me personally giving a shit. But just to gloss over the problem with the situation isn't a good idea.
>>
>>52820057
Don't need a convincing argument, people house-rule and deviate from RAW all the time, and if their group or FLGS wants to house rule that the Kharadron player can just pick their fleet, that's their prerogative.
>>
>>52820057
once again, whats the issue?

if someone insists that the kharadron player follow their battletome, their free to do so, just like the kharadron player is free to just not play with you and play with someone who is cool with ignoring that rule
>>
>>52818283

I'm currently really trying to not make a gryphon theme free guilds army with lots of demigryphs, two generals on griffons and pallador buddies. Supported by crossbows and greatswords.
>>
>>52820084
>Don't need a convincing argument
okay. well since you don't need a convincing argument then nothing really matters.

hear that everyone? that's just the way it is cause he said so. No more arguing because he is the authority.

I just hope you are as gracious with your cherry picking your tome house rules for the rest of the armies since that is the precedent you're setting.
>>
>>52820099
I think the point is people will see it as WAACing if they pick and choose what they want based on who they're facing, then when you go "I'd rather the rules in the tome were followed" they can spread around you're a "WAAC ASSHOLE!!!!" when it's the other way round.

tl;dr nobody wants to be the one to go 'i'd rather we stuck to the rules so it's fair' and be labelled as a douchebag.
>>
>>52819524
Bases don't matter. It's an insane 4chan meme. Some crazy guy actually broke half the legs off his miniatures trying to rebase them. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, I guess he had it coming for being that thick.
>>
>>52820136
>I just hope you are as gracious with your cherry picking your tome house rules for the rest of the armies since that is the precedent you're setting.
Uh, yeah, fine by me.

If anyone I'm playing wants to house rule something, I'll talk it over with them and allow it if it seems okay to me. This isn't really much of a "Gotcha!"
>>
>>52819524
Bases don't matter. Square or circle, whatever. I use square cause my old army is square and I ain't rebasing them and because I got into WHFB because I liked blocks of units, it looked better.
>>
>>52820150
>tl;dr nobody wants to be the one to go 'i'd rather we stuck to the rules so it's fair' and be labelled as a douchebag.
Sucks for them? If a FLGS or a gaming club doesn't want to follow RAW and you're super hellbent on sticking to RAW, consider finding a different place to play at?
>>
skelets reboxed
>>
>>52819628
Maybe I'm just bad at them, but Destiny Dice don't really come into play that much, nor are they necessary to win. At the end of the day, it's still a gamble.
>>
File: airship5.jpg (42 KB, 564x419)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>52819952
>NURGLE PLAGUE BLIMPS WHEN?!

Same time as when Freeguild get this flying stormships.
>>
>>52820197
yeah youre bad at them

destiny dice are insanely powerful
>>
>>52819680
Just look at real flags and heraldry.
>>
>>52820166
I don't want to have to follow the limitations on the formation requirements from my tome. I want the bonuses to apply to all of my units even though they haven't met the formation requirement and I also want the bonuses from multiple formations to apply to multiple units.

since you are ignoring your rules I assume you don't care if I ignore mine?
>>
>>52820234
I don't play Kharadron, but sure, let me see your battletome and I'll see how I feel.
>>
>>52820234

I know this get bandied about a lot but are you genuinely, for reals, autistic?
>>
File: 67b2efbb9c.jpg (39 KB, 620x450)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>52820234
>you're okay with doing this specific thing, therefore you must be okay with it in every similar occasion, fuck nuance
every_tournament_organizer_laughing_at_you.png
>>
>>52820234
If you want to make a houserule about free battalions, sure, why not
>>
>>52820243
>I'll see how I feel
either you can feel like agreeing to let me break my rules or you can feel like following your rules. that's your options.

>>52820247
>insults
fuck off
>>
>>52820211
Another guy here, this is how destiny dice work in reality:
>need to roll over X number
>I use my destiny die of 6
>roll dice
>got X number anyway
>of well, who gives a shit, time to die to six thousand disks
They're not as shitty as the other guy says, but not insanely powerful either
>>
>>52820260
fuck tournament organizers anyways

bunch of power tripping nerds if you ask me.
>>
Any hints of overlords having rules for gyrocopters or ways to bring along ironweld?
>>
>>52820275
>Hey bro can I use this house rule
>I'll see how I feel, let me see your battletome
>No, fuck off, it's a yes or no question
>Okay play someone else
>>
>>52820275
>either you can feel like agreeing to let me break my rules or you can feel like following your rules. that's your options.
>I don't play Kharadron
Reading comprehension is a skill worth learning.

That said, answer's the same. If you want to ignore the rules of your battletome, let me see and I'll decide whether or not I want to. If you don't like my decision, feel free to play someone else.
>>
>>52820303
right. so the asshole is the person who would prefer for the rules to be followed?

I don't like where this is going.
>>
>>52819051
MORE MEMECAST
MORE FUCKING ORDER ARMIES
FUCK DEATH
>>
>>52820185
I didn't disagree, I'm just saying that some people may disagree with it. What id 50% of the FLGS want people to follow it and 50% don't care? What do you do?

Some people see it as akin to buying, I dunno, Freeguilder Swordsmen then running them as Greatswords because whatever. If everything can be thrown out the window then people will start arguing that X and Y should be changed and then that starts arguments.

It's literally going "I don't want to have to follow THESE rules because I don't like them". Well, then we're entering "Well I don't like MY rules" at which point why are you playing the game? How many people have to agree to let shit change? If only 30% don't want change then you're basically saying "Fuck you, we're not going to play for you because you're not following the rules".

The picture of the guy playing Tic-Tac-Toe and playing it wrong and going "HUR DUR IT'S JUST A GAME WHY YOU TAKING SO SERIOUSLY????" seems apt here.

>>52820303
>okay play somebody else
>FINE

>Hey guys! That guy wouldn't let me change rules to whatever I want, WHAT A WAACFAG! DON'T PLAY HIM GUYS

And if the latter hasn't been seen by you, then your group isn't big enough.
>>
>>52820289
>its not that good because you have a 1/6 chance of rolling the same result anyway....

Full

Retard
>>
>>52820328
I didn't call anyone an asshole.

All I said was that if you want someone to play RAW or with house rules, and they don't want to, they're free to refuse to play with you.
>>
>>52820275
>fuck off

Aww diddums is upset.

I'm going to take that as a yes btw.
>>
DEATHRATTLE RENAMED TO REVENANT LEGION!

I REPEAT DEATHRATTLE RENAMED TO REVENANT LEGION!
>>
>>52820301
doesnt seem like it

you can always play mixed order and choose not to take the KO bonuses
>>
>>52820328
Now you're getting what I said here >>52820150
either side can be called a WAACfag. It depends on who is butthurt enough to do it. Which is why the default -- following your tome -- avoid problems.
>>
>>52820338
>I didn't disagree, I'm just saying that some people may disagree with it. What id 50% of the FLGS want people to follow it and 50% don't care? What do you do?
Play with the ones that want to follow it and don't play with the ones that don't.

>>52820338
>Some people see it as akin to buying, I dunno, Freeguilder Swordsmen then running them as Greatswords because whatever. If everything can be thrown out the window then people will start arguing that X and Y should be changed and then that starts arguments.
I personally wouldn't play with someone who insisted on that, but some people probably would.

>Well, then we're entering "Well I don't like MY rules" at which point why are you playing the game?
Love of the models/lore/basic game system, but not necessarily the specific rule in question?

>>52820338
>And if the latter hasn't been seen by you, then your group isn't big enough.
Then find a group/flgs that wants to play strict RAW. People aren't obligated to play the way you want.
>>
>>52809297
Death anon here; Does the Wight King Infernal Banner stack with Deathless Minions? As in, I get to take both saves? Also, which is better in a points limited army? Necromancer or Wight King? I need to cut back on some points, so I can toss in another Behemoths, to complement my Necrosphinx.

I think if I go with the Necromancer, I'll go with a Mortis Engine

If I go with the Wight King, I might get a Bone Giant
>>
>>52820388
What the fuck are you doing son? This isn't Reddit. That's not how you reply to people.Not him, sort it out.
>>
>>52820366
nah
>>
>>52820354
>Aww diddums is upset.I'm going to take that as a yes btw.

lol youre an idiot

>>52820353
>I didn't call anyone an asshole.
right. don't get it twisted, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone preferring that games be played by the rules. Especially when breaking the rules (i.e. cherry picking your tome) only benefits one of the players.
>>
>>52820405
>right. don't get it twisted, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone preferring that games be played by the rules. Especially when breaking the rules (i.e. cherry picking your tome) only benefits one of the players.
Sure, and nothing is wrong with people refusing to play with you if you want to play in a way they don't want to.

Want to play strict RAW? Cool, find someone else who wants to.

Want to play with house rules? Cool, find someone who is fine with that.
>>
>>52820398
Yeah, my bad, don't know why it copied the post number more than once.
>>
>>52820405

And you're a buttmad autist
>>
>>52820377
>either side can be called a WAACfag.
Not every flgs is full of autists cannabalizing their community because one person wants to house rule and another person doesn't.

My flgs is like 50/50 competitive players vs fluffbunnies, and they realized that they both wanted different things out of the game, and just limit who they play with along those lines.
>>
>>52820339
So AoS is the game of rolling 1d6? Who's brain damaged now, retardinho?
>>
>>52820477
Anon was referring to whatever roll the destiny die is replacing, which would be a 1d6 roll.
>>
>>52820388
But then you're splitting the group and people refuse to play you out of principle and that just fucks over numbers.

There is a limit to what you can and can't change. I don't have a problem with them doing it if they want, but I haven't got the book yet. If there is a huge range of powerful bonuses that will make defeating certain armies easier, being able to switch regardless would make me a bit upset. It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but you're gonna feel like "Why can't I do X instead, then?"

As for the next point, you can do all that jazz, that's fine. But if you're doing it for models; then bonuses don't matter. If you're doing it for the lore; you're gonna paint them the colour you want (and then changing the rules would seem a bit counter-productive) and the basic game system I guess is valid enough but you're unlikely to be going WAAC at that point.

As for being olibgated to play the way you want. That isn't the problem. The rules state one thing. You gaining an ADVANTAGE which is only specific to YOUR ARMY is what some may consider to be UNFAIR. This isn't the same as going 'All charge is increased to 10"+D6". It's you going "I want an advantage on a per battle basis when the rules state I do not get this advantage". This would be fine if you went 'No thank you'. But the point is when the guy you said 'No thank you' finds somebody else to play and you leave the store, starts going "That cunt wouldn't let me change this ONE TINY RULE. I'm so glad you were COOL anon!". This shit happened in my FLGS over 20 years. People would come in, join, play, then demand little changes, which were fine... Which ended up being big changes. When people said 'no, sorry', they ended up shit talking those people behind their backs.. Especially when KO Player 1 might be happy with the limitation of colours but KO Player 2 isn't, changing because KO Player 2 either moans or shit talks people and gets mad because people don't want to play him with the change is shit.
>>
>>52820447
>And you're a buttmad autist
juvenile bait 1/10

>>52820426
>Want to play strict RAW
>implying following the rules in your tome is strict RAW play

this is obviously where we disagree.
>>
>>52820476
Oh for sure, I've just suffered that shit before. Where I've played a guy and he's shittalked a couple of other people for refusing to play him.

I mean if a guy ran a Exalted Deathbringer as a Exalted Deathbringer with spear, you can understand that. But if a guy is playing Sigmarines one battle and is picking, I dunno +1 bonus to save for that fight, then fighting Fyreslayers another and is picking +1 to rend that fight and so on, regardless, people resent it their army HAS to follow those rules.
>>
>>52820514
>But then you're splitting the group and people refuse to play you out of principle and that just fucks over numbers.
Not really, I've never played in a store that didn't have at least some degree of division based on competitiveness or RAW following. It's not some death knell of a community to have people disagree on how to play.

>There is a limit to what you can and can't change.
Right, and that limit is "what your opponent will agree to play with".

>Which ended up being big changes. When people said 'no, sorry', they ended up shit talking those people behind their backs.
So put on your big boy pants and deal with the fact that people might talk shit if you don't do what they want. This is a fact of life.

If wanting to play RAW makes you some kind of social pariah in a community, you are totally free to find a community that suits your taste better.
>>
>>52819410
>uses zero shooting units.
Just correcting a factually wrong statement. Non WAAC-fags certainly use them.
>>
>>52820540
>this is obviously where we disagree.
How is "I want people to follow the rules in the battletome and not houserule" anything but strict RAW?

>>52820561
>I mean if a guy ran a Exalted Deathbringer as a Exalted Deathbringer with spear, you can understand that. But if a guy is playing Sigmarines one battle and is picking, I dunno +1 bonus to save for that fight, then fighting Fyreslayers another and is picking +1 to rend that fight and so on, regardless, people resent it their army HAS to follow those rules.
Okay, and? If those people are that resentful, they can either ask to play RAW, or find somewhere else to play.
>>
>>52820477
if you dont see the value of guaranteed, pre-determined results then youre a dumb person
>>
>>52820566
the fact that you don't see the problem with a house rule that allows one faction to break its tome rules to the exclusive benefit of that one faction over all others is... well the reason we are apparently even having this conversation.
>>
>>52820625
>the fact that you don't see the problem with a house rule that allows one faction to break its tome rules to the exclusive benefit of that one faction over all others is... well the reason we are apparently even having this conversation.
I don't see a problem with literally any house rule, as long as all the players agree to it. No one is obligated to play RAW, and if people in a group want to collectively ignore it, that's their prerogative.
>>
>>52820566
Oh it isn't, but a simple argument over rules can break up groups into 'factions' (Those are the WAACfags, those are the fluff guys, those are the any game guys etc) and I've personally never liked that. That's me though.

The point is 'what your opponent agrees with' is a lot easier when it isn't a specific faction gaining an advantage. You must understand this. Generic rules is one thing, but KO gaining a noticeable advantage by being able to pick and choose is another. The point is when this is set, you open up "Well you got to change that rule, so let me change this rule" and "Well Anon 1 lets be play with X rule, so I'm not going to play with you".

Which leads me to this point... When there wasn't a PROBLEM before. When the entire group either had generic houserules (like I said, Charges become 10"+D6) OR you use what is written in your tome. Suddenly having an army which may or may not want a specific tome only change gives an advantage to them and even if the FLGS goes "okay we agree" then this opens up potential "I want this rule changed" and so on. When it was simpler and 'more fair' when it's as the rules state.

That's all. Furthermore, 'dealing with shit talking' when that didn't exist in the first place before the demand for the rule change isn't nice. Secondly, finding another community is not always as easy as going to another store, especially in countries with smaller populations or hobbyists.
>>
>>52820514
Wait, is your argument literally "people shouldn't play house rules because it hurts my feelings when people talk shit about me"?

Holy shit, man the fuck up, people aren't always going to like you and a hobby store isn't a hugbox.
>>
>>52820641
>I don't see a problem with literally any house rule, as long as all the players agree to it
why on earth would anyone agree to a house rule that allows one faction to break its tome rules to the exclusive benefit of that one faction over all others?

The only possible way that would happen is if they were being bullied and pressured to go along with it. Like if you were insulting them and talking shit about them and calling them some kind of asshole for wanting to follow the rules.

I know how this shit works. Everyone has seen it before.
>>
>>52820404
>original box had 10
>this one also has 10
What did GW mean by this?
>>
>>52820607
I SEE the value, it's just not that big, especially in an army which is OP as it is.
>>
>>52820566
>>52820641
You're missing the point and I think those other guys are better off not replying. You're either trolling or trying to defend bullshit. You don't get to pick and choose to gain an advantage, if that was the intended result GW would have stated that. They did not. You paint it the colour you want to apply to the rules you want. Want a different rule? Get different colours or more models. GW specifically said the rule is dependent on the colour, going "NAH LET'S CHANGE THIS" would be 100% fine if every faction had a 'dependent on the colour' rule. But they don't. Only 1 (ONE) faction does. This is an advantage. Going "WELL DON'T PLAY LOL" when this was never an issue in the first place, which can result in fracturing of groups, arguments, friendships being lost and shittalking should not be hand waveable as 'part of life LOL'. Stick to the rules as written otherwise you're basically allowing any and all changes to take place.

>What? NO I GET THE ALLIANCE BONUS FOR STORMCAST AND SERAPHON UNITS EVEN THOUGH THE RULES SAY DIFFERENT BUT ONLY ME THOUGH. ONLY FOR SERAPHON + STORMCAST ARMIES WHICH I AM THE ONLY PLAYER. JUST ME THOUGH. NOT YOU. ONLY ME. IF YOU DON'T AGREE FUCK YOU LOL YOU FUCKING CUNT!
>>
>>52820675
>Oh it isn't, but a simple argument over rules can break up groups into 'factions' (Those are the WAACfags, those are the fluff guys, those are the any game guys etc) and I've personally never liked that. That's me though.
The hobby as a whole is broken up into those factions. What you see in stores is just a microcosm of those divisions. It's unavoidable, unless you mandate that your community only play a certain way.

>The point is when this is set, you open up "Well you got to change that rule, so let me change this rule" and "Well Anon 1 lets be play with X rule, so I'm not going to play with you".
Right, and I consider this a feature, not a bug. If someone else wants to have their battalion bonuses apply with no prerequisites, they're fine to ask the other player.

>Which leads me to this point... When there wasn't a PROBLEM before
And my point is that there isn't a problem now, and that this "problem" isn't remotely new. People asking their opponent if they're cool with playing with house rules has literally always been part of the game, and house-ruling is the norm for most non-wargame tabletops.

>Furthermore, 'dealing with shit talking' when that didn't exist in the first place before the demand for the rule change isn't nice.
Unfortunately, life is hard. If you can't deal with shit talking, a social hobby might not be your thing.

>Secondly, finding another community is not always as easy as going to another store, especially in countries with smaller populations or hobbyists.
Then either put up with the shit talking or change to suit the community you want to play in.
>>
>>52820694
>why on earth would anyone agree to a house rule that allows one faction to break its tome rules to the exclusive benefit of that one faction over all others?
Because they think the prerequisite painting idea is dumb, and don't care too much about playing perfectly balanced games?

I would be fine with any Kharadron player I play with just picking their skyfleet, as would plenty of other people upthread. It's just not that big of a deal to me.
>>
>want to talk about skelly rebox and what it means for potential new death BATTLETOME
>instead two autistic retards are arguing and posting walls of text about stupid fucking shit and derailing the thread

Get cancer you faggots
>>
>>52820757
>You don't get to pick and choose to gain an advantage,
You do if your opponent agrees to let you.

>>52820757
>You paint it the colour you want to apply to the rules you want. Want a different rule? Get different colours or more models.
Or, you ask your opponent to agree to a house rule and ignore that rule.

>Going "WELL DON'T PLAY LOL" when this was never an issue in the first place, which can result in fracturing of groups, arguments, friendships being lost and shittalking should not be hand waveable as 'part of life LOL'.
>Hobby stores should be my safe space hugbox

>>What? NO I GET THE ALLIANCE BONUS FOR STORMCAST AND SERAPHON UNITS EVEN THOUGH THE RULES SAY DIFFERENT BUT ONLY ME THOUGH. ONLY FOR SERAPHON + STORMCAST ARMIES WHICH I AM THE ONLY PLAYER. JUST ME THOUGH. NOT YOU. ONLY ME. IF YOU DON'T AGREE FUCK YOU LOL YOU FUCKING CUNT!
>Okay, play with someone else, then.
>>
>>52820694
>why on earth would anyone agree to a house rule that allows one faction to break its tome rules to the exclusive benefit of that one faction over all others?
Because some people aren't autistic retards like you
>>
>>52820830
>Because some people aren't autistic retards like you

ironically demonstrating the exact behavior I described in the second half of the post here >>52820694

>The only possible way that would happen is if they were being bullied and pressured to go along with it. Like if you were insulting them and talking shit about them and calling them some kind of asshole for wanting to follow the rules.

you're still an idiot, btw.
>>
>>52820688
I don't know how you got that from that post when firstly I am replying to a guy, so what you're reading is in response to him and secondly, is not the only thing I said. I'll cover some of my points here.


1. House Rules are fine; when they're generic. House rules that benefit one specific faction is an unfair advantage.
2. House Rules for a specific faction that gives them an unfair advantage opens the door for other people wanting their factions rules to change to gain a specific advantage.
3. This then splits groups up into 'Is OK with wholesale rule changes' and 'Those who are not OK with rule changes'
4. This has, does and will cause shit talking, when there wasn't any before.
5. What is the point of GW publishing any rules AT ALL when everybody will want changes?

>>52820766
They might be broken up into it, but if the default position is "We follow the rules" then nobody can have an argument unless it's a mistake (obvious or otherwise).

This is fine, but it unfortunately spirals out of control. Where a little change of "This guy is equipped with a sword, can we assume he's equipped with a spear?" changes to "I want this guy equipped with a spear which has +2" range +2 damage, +1 hit and if you don't play good luck playing somebody else after I've told them what a cunt you are". In close groups, this is fine. Again, in my experience with large FLGS, this just caused arguments instead of games and shit talking about friends.

That is correct, but prior to AoS there had never been a 'Gain a bonus for being painted differently'. Now there is. This isn't a case of 'Spend 10pts to gain bonus' or 'model differently to gain a different stat'. But 'If you paint this Red instead of Blue you gain +1 armour save'. This is a new thing to House Rules and so far it only applies to KO, really.

Did I say I couldn't cope with it? Where the fuck is this coming from?

And you missed the 2nd part of my sentence on purpose I guess.
>>
Why are you guys still responding to this shitposting WYSIWYG autist?
>>
>>52820826
>>52820766
I've been reading your posts; you're trolling. This is quite amusing but there is a limit. I'm out. Neither those guys but the 2nd guy you replied to is right. You're justifying being a cunt because "LOL PART OF LIFE NOT UR HUGBOXX LOLZ".

Don't reply, we're done here. I'll just hide it.
>>
>>52820888
>They might be broken up into it, but if the default position is "We follow the rules" then nobody can have an argument unless it's a mistake (obvious or otherwise).
Unfortunately, the rules for AOS explicitly make room for house rules, so that's not true in this case. The default position is "we follow whatever rules we, as players, agree to follow."

>Again, in my experience with large FLGS, this just caused arguments instead of games and shit talking about friends.
Life is hard. If you can't handle arguments and shit talking, don't play a social hobby.

>That is correct, but prior to AoS there had never been a 'Gain a bonus for being painted differently'. Now there is. This isn't a case of 'Spend 10pts to gain bonus' or 'model differently to gain a different stat'. But 'If you paint this Red instead of Blue you gain +1 armour save'. This is a new thing to House Rules and so far it only applies to KO, really.
Okay, and? Like I said, I don't really care about minor imbalances, I think the kharadron painting requirement is dumb and would absolutely allow any one requesting to house-rule them away to do so. That being said, there are house rules I'd refuse to play against - in which case, I'd just play someone else.

>Did I say I couldn't cope with it? Where the fuck is this coming from?
You shitting up a thread with the complaint that not playing people who house rule makes people shit talk you? If you can cope with it like any well-adjusted adult can, why whine about it?
>>
>>52820766
You ignored the part of his post where he said that there are smaller populations and hobbyists on purpose, didn't you? I live in Gibraltar (moved out here years ago) and we have a very very very small population. If the guys were dicks, I'd have nowhere else to go. This isn't a case of 'putting up with it'. But a case of 'everything was fine until this guy came along and demanded he got a bonus to his rules because he wants his bonus and when I/we said no, he shit talked us and soured the atmosphere'.

The fact you keep mentioning it's a 'social hobby' is hilarious. Social hobby doesn't involve shit talking behind peoples backs. I dunno where you're from where it's considered so, but in the UK Wargame community, it isn't and it certainly isn't in the Bastion.

>>52820826
I've read your posts so far and I've come to the conclusion you're trolling for (You)'s. A very common method, but it works wonders. You seem to be purposefully ignoring peoples points and when problems come up you resort to "not your safespace" which is really quite pathetic.
>>
>>52820888
Don't reply to him anon, he's already turned to the

>y-yy-ou're s-s-ss-hitting up the t-t-thread!!
>s-s-stop arguing with my b-b-bullshit!!!!!
>>
>>52820999
>You ignored the part of his post where he said that there are smaller populations and hobbyists on purpose, didn't you?
No,I just don't care if some autist has a hard time dealing with people talking shit about him.

>If the guys were dicks, I'd have nowhere else to go.
So? Life isn't fair.

>This isn't a case of 'putting up with it'.
Yes it is. Any normal adult can put up with a bit of snide shit talking.

> Social hobby doesn't involve shit talking behind peoples backs.
Literally every social engagement involves some degree of behind-the-back shittalking. If you're not doing it, people are almost certainly doing it about you.

>You seem to be purposefully ignoring peoples points and when problems come up you resort to "not your safespace" which is really quite pathetic.
No, it's just a fact of life. People are mean and will sometimes talk shit about you.
>>
>>52821012
You missed the point broseph.

He asked why I thought he couldn't cope with it.

If he could cope with it, why would he post so much about how he "suffered" through mean hobbyists?
>>
>>52820977
I didn't disagree about house rules. I said right at the start I have no problem. I stated what the peoples problem was. Furthermore, again, the problem is the advantage, no matter how minor, that only applies to one faction. It's difficult to house rule, fairly, for one faction.

Again, I don't have a problem with it. I merely stated it is not nice. It is not. Perhaps your group is small enough that shittalking is fun and well natured, but in a 100+ group, it isn't always the case. Social hobby = insulting people, their families and friends because they don't want to play with your house rules. Again, if you didn't cherry pick what I said in my posts, you'd have read I've had people shitpost about others to me, not about me (or maybe not, who knows).

Again, this is fine. But there are some small groups where the option is play with house rules or don't play. Play with the house rules, or be forced our by the manager/owner. Play with the house rules or whatever.

Why have you turned to this now? How is that in relation to ANYTHING I've said? I'm having a discussion with you. Others have also disagreed with you. I've kept myself perfectly calm and friendly. Nobody has shit talked me. Why aren't you reading my posts correctly? Is >>52821012>>52821054 >>52820757 correct, are you trolling? I didn't think you were, but you're acting like it. I'm not whining about it and the shit talking aspect was only PART of my point. Again, why did you focus just on that?

I think it's best if we stop, you obviously have an agenda, whatever it is.
>>
>>52821054
>autist has a hard time dealing with people talking shit about him.

Ah. So you're not reading his posts as I said? I see. Carry on. I've managed to follow every conversation in this thread, including yours, without missing a point. I see you have. Never mind. I never said life wasn't unfair. I was just giving an example how it isn't simply a case of 'finding another group'. Snide shittalking is one thing, threats and 'blacklisting' is another. As for the next point, perhaps you're right, but wouldn't it be better if it didn't happen? They will do it, yes. But when the possibilities of it being small and low as it is go up when there is disagreements, it changes how shit works.

Whatever. This has gone on long enough I don't want to contribute any more so don't reply to this, not being rude, just don't wanna go in, waded into a convo anyway.
>>
>>52821093
>I stated what the peoples problem was.
Okay, and I think those problems are not actually problems.


>I merely stated it is not nice. It is not
Cool, I agree.

> Perhaps your group is small enough that shittalking is fun and well natured, but in a 100+ group, it isn't always the case.
Its not fun and well natured, but it is a part of life. Whining that people are being mean and shittalking you is going to get you nowhere when it's a fact of life that humans in large groups will say mean things about each other for stupid reasons.

>Again, if you didn't cherry pick what I said in my posts, you'd have read I've had people shitpost about others to me, not about me (or maybe not, who knows).
Okay cool, so what? I don't have a problem with shittalking. It's a fact of life.

>Again, why did you focus just on that?
I didn't only focus on that part, I have repeatedly said that my stance on this is "I don't really care about minor rule imbalances and think that it is the players prerogative on whether or not they want to play with house rules", regardless of whether that leads to shit-talking and community fracturing.
>>
>>52821148
> I never said life wasn't unfair. I was just giving an example how it isn't simply a case of 'finding another group'
Fine, it's a case of "find another group or suck it up and play in a way that fits the group you want to play with"

>Snide shittalking is one thing, threats and 'blacklisting' is another.
Sure, and those are bad things. They're also a fact of life and not likely to change any time soon. Any group that is going to shitlist you over house ruling is going to do that as long as they're free to do so, and there's no hobby police forcing them to play RAW.

>As for the next point, perhaps you're right, but wouldn't it be better if it didn't happen?
It'd be better if I got paid seven digits and owned a string of successful businesses, but real life isn't ideal and complaining about facts of life is pointless.

>But when the possibilities of it being small and low as it is go up when there is disagreements, it changes how shit works.
Sure, but anyone who's willing to shitlist and threaten people about hobbying isn't going to change their mind because you point out that it's mean to do so and RAW is more fair.
>>
>>52821154
And those people do; what's the problem here? This entire thing started because somebody said 'this is a problem for me' and you threw insults around when people replied to them 'it isn't for me' (wherever you started in this convo). They are problems because some groups have them. My group was very large and we ended up having to book specific tables which did and did not have specific rule sets on. Which would have been fine IF the other tables were playable without booking. Which they weren't. So while i had no problem with house rules or not, others did. So Table 2 became for House Rules, Table 1 wasn't and so on. Table 2 didn't become available in case House Rulers came up. Then this spread further into 2-3 different house rules. Which for WHFB was a clusterfuck. Which then spread into Edition Wars. Again, all problems that didn't exist.

Shit talking is a pointless thing and it's annoying when the shit talking did not exist before New Guy No.23 turned up and said 'My old group played with this' and so on.

I liked AoS over WHFB because it was easier to do and you can drop rules and add rules and so on. But those were simple things that didn't apply to one faction. Again, I have no problem with it. Just like I have no problem with my mate Steve running Goretide with his bloodbound when they're not painted Goretide and the Mighty Lord of Khorne is called Azkogar the Mutilator and not Khul. I FEAR for the shit that caused fracturing in WHFB to happen all over again because a new problem of 'if you paint this a different colour it gets a better stat in X Y or Z'. That's all. I was merely speaking up for what people were afraid of.
>>
>>52812819
>>52812849
>>52812905
Thanks guys. I got exactly 1k of stormcast, fully painted, and just gonna ask on their FB page if anybody is up for games. My usual gang is all unavailable this weekend and I want to get some more games in before joining tournaments.
>>
>KO battletome doesnt have the core 4 page rules
>BIG NEWS tomorrow

Is there a basic rules update coming to AOS?
>>
>>52821275
Sauce on it not havin the rules? Is it already available for download somewhere?
>>
>>52821251
>And those people do; what's the problem here?
There isn't one, aside from the fact that we disagree.

>They are problems because some groups have them.
I disagree that the things they described are actually bad things that need to be (or even can be) fixed.

>My group was very large and we ended up having to book specific tables which did and did not have specific rule sets on.
Sounds fine to me.

>Which would have been fine IF the other tables were playable without booking. Which they weren't.
Still sounds fine to me. Table space is at a premium and booking is the norm in a lot of FLGS'

> So while i had no problem with house rules or not, others did. So Table 2 became for House Rules, Table 1 wasn't and so on. Table 2 didn't become available in case House Rulers came up. Then this spread further into 2-3 different house rules. Which for WHFB was a clusterfuck. Which then spread into Edition Wars. Again, all problems that didn't exist.
And, again, I disagree that "a lot of people want to play with house rules and I have to book my table in advance" is a problem in need of fixing.

> I FEAR for the shit that caused fracturing in WHFB to happen all over again because a new problem of 'if you paint this a different colour it gets a better stat in X Y or Z'. That's all. I was merely speaking up for what people were afraid of.
Cool. You're more than welcome to be afraid of silly things that aren't actually problems.
>>
>>52821305
people with the book are reporting it
>>
>>52820726
Round bases. It's a good omen for Death players since it inticates that GW is at least paying attention.
>>
File: StDTzeentch.pdf (6 KB, PDF)
6 KB
6 KB PDF
I really love the look of armoured Chaos stuff and I know mono-StD isn't the best but I play with a semi-competitive group so I thought maybe this wouldn't be so bad?
>>
>>52821988
Try the sorceror lord on chimaera, his unique spell is fantastic with tzeentch destiny dice
>>
>>52818225
>Before I bought anything I asked if there were any bad things I should avoid
>Get told that you can't really go wrong with Seraphon
>I look at Eternal Starhost and think that looks cool, plus I like how Saurus Guards look so I base my army around that
>Little did I know that it's a shitty meme build that gets hard countered by mortal wounds
>In a campaign for my local GW so I can't just change my entire army out of the blue
A-at least the Bastiladon is good right?
>>
>>52820540

>replying to any bait let alone juvenile bait

Boy, that show showed me didn't it?

You absolute fucking clown.
>>
>>52822149
bastiladons are great

saurus guard are good at what they do, just dont fill your entire army with them. theyre an elite infantry unit, not something you bring in high numbers. One squad of 10 is enough.
>>
are there actually going to be KO people who refuse to play games if they aren't allowed to break the rules in their own tome?

what a bunch of whiney babies.
>>
>>52822157
>being this pissed off at someone for not taking your bait.

lmfao
>>
>>52822198
Well at least I don't have an Eternity Warden yet because he's never available. I guess I could turn those 220 points into something better.
>>
Why is death always bitching? Flesheater Courts was a great book. Tomb Kings is a top tier army.
>>
>>52822310
you could bring 3 salamanders with handlers for 220
>>
>big news

SERAPHON BATTLETOME 2.0 ???
>>
>>52822048
Can Destiny Dice be used for Wind of Chaos though? Sure you can use them to boost up the casting roll, but I don't think you can use them to effect the rolls you make to see how many wounds you cause.

While the Gaunt Summoner is squishier his spell seems more consistent and is much less of a target.
>>
>>52822417
You use them to boost the casting roll, since the # dice used in the spell is based on the casting value

I've seen people cast it with a bunch of modifiers and get to roll 14 for mortal wounds
>>
>>52820888

What you retard don't understand is this

"Hey bro, i know my kharadron are painted like Barak a, is it ok if i use the rules for Barak b?"
"Yeah sure go ahead"

You are now playing against a dude with a Barak b army

"Hey bro, i know my kharadron are painted like Barak a, is it ok if i use the rules for Barak b?"
"No i'm not okay with that, i'd rather play against someone whose army actually looks like Barak b"

You search for an opponent that plays Barak b, and are now playing against a dude with a Barak b army.

It makes absolutely no fucking difference.
>>
File: khaine.jpg (257 KB, 1280x1024)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>52822363
is this a good time to bring up the real victims in all this?

elf tome when?
>>
>>52822511
so you're one of the whiney babies some anon just referenced here? >>52822238
>>
>>52822417
The white dwarf released with the Tzeentch book explicitly lists one of the uses being to determine how many mortal wounds are caused by spells.
>>
>>52822461
Seems incredibly swingy to me. On average, if you get a 12 for the casting roll you'll get 6MW.

Admittedly this is better against heroes/multi-wound units, but the Gaunt Summoner is chaff clearer extraordinaire.

Plus the Manticore model looks proper gimpy looking.
>>
>>52822591
Thats something like "this spell does D6 mortal wounds"

The chaos sorcerer lords spell is a little different. You roll a number of dice equal to the casting value and each dice roll of 5 does a mortal wound, each dice roll of 6 does D3 mortal wounds.
>>
>>52822591
I'm not sure but I'm guessing that rolling for how many MW a spell does is considered a damage roll?

If that's the case it's debatable whether you can use it for Wind of Chaos' method of MW generation.
>>
nuthread?
>>
>>52814937
The slime concept is brilliant, please do it and post pictures!
>>
>>52814950
What about skelebones?
>>
>>52820808
The autists took over, next time maybe. Personally I'm extremely disappointed, as others I guess, that it's the same number of troops, for the same shit tier price, same sprues, but now with ROUND BASES FOR SKELETON BLOCKS.
Sasuga geedubs, now why don't you go back to the only thing that you do well that's creating broken order armies?
>>
>>52824440
>>52824440
>>52824440

run you fools




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.