[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: atalya.jpg (79 KB, 312x445)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Never Forget Edition

Previous: >>55740907

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Who's your favorite artist? What potential commander do you wish said artist had illustrated?
>>
>>55750302
as good as adam rex's art on oona is, i really wish rebecca guay did it instead.
>>
>>55750302
>Thread Question: Who's your favorite artist? What potential commander do you wish said artist had illustrated?
John Avon. I wouldn't really care for him to have done any of my commanders though, I just love his lands.
>>
Goblin tribal; Grenzo or Wort Raidmother?

Been playing Krenko for a few years. It's fun but burns out fast. I need more draw power and/or ramp.
>>
how do you guys decide on a commander

I've gone from WBRG to WRG to WG and haven't liked any of the commanders I've tried. I think I suck at deckbuilding for EDH first and foremost so my decks don't consistently do anything. Are there articles on how to build better EDH decks?
>>
>>55750355
I am now sad that this didn't happen. Damn you, I had never considered that.
>>
>>55750527
Wort. The extra color and the ability to play GR spellslinger is interesting.
>>
>>55750528
no but let me give you a tip.

if a card isn't helping you, or working for you. Take it out of your deck. Then play it a few more times and see how it works.

That's how you deckbuild.
>>
I want to make a Black Knight deck with Haakon, but not sure what else to do with it aside from the usual tribal stuff. I know it'll be janky as hell, but I feel it needs a subtheme or something. Ideas?
>>
>>55750528
dickride edhrec or learn the popular strats in other formats to see what kind of playstyle you like then ask what commanders do that for edh

better deck building comes with better game knowlege, a new player sees divination and thinks its a better card than serum visions
>>
>>55750302
>Who's your favorite artist? What potential commander do you wish said artist had illustrated

I wish that OG Marchesa had art of her actually doing anything like her card implies she would (raising the dead or dethroning bitches). Instead she looks older and uglier than she does in her new art. Regardless of what it was, Rebecca Guay doing it would be fucking fantasitc.
>>
>>55750716
God, I wish Rebecca guay would do kaalia and every creature that goes in there. She's so perfect.
>>
>>55750528

Is it atleast in part Red? Yes? I'll play it.

I think my only deck that doesn't have Red is Isamaru, and that's more of a joke deck.
>>
>>55750761
>Guay for angels, demons, and dragons
>not Nielsen
>>
>>55750801
God, I wish Basandra had been a good card. That art is painfully wasted.
>>
File: 2937971_orig.jpg (205 KB, 878x800)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>55750302
I'm not trying to be an edgelord, but Harold McNeill. His art is just so fucking cool and doesn't look like anything else. I wish he could still do art.
>>
I want to make a green/white Horsemanship deck.
What commander should I go with?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (64 KB, 288x400)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>55750801
>>Guay for angels, demons, and dragons
she makes nice Vampires too
>>
>>55750861
Yeah everything about the card looks great but it's just another red/white "combat matters" legend
>>
File: 635032498905786080.jpg (49 KB, 640x622)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>55750302
I really like how horriby, intentionally edgy daarken's artstyle is, he's no guay or nielsen but shit man I still think he's a decent digital artist with his own distict style.
>>
>>55750873
Agreed. It's really a shame about the whole "Such a nazi it seems like a parody" stuff because his fantasy stuff is usually beautifully shadowy and ethereal without being unable to be 'read' as representational art unlike, say, Drew Tucker's abstract pieces. I don't know about commander... Maybe Lazav could have been his iconic cloaked shadowdude... but I wish he could illustrate a fistfull of black or otherwise sinister instants, sorceries, and enchantments.
>>
File: 5518567_orig.jpg (69 KB, 464x542)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>55751014
Wizards is the company that hired a black "consultant" when they were fleshing out the story for Kaya from the Conspiracy set so we can be absolutely sure that we'll never see art from Harold McNeill again.

And yeah, some of the stuff on his website is so stupid you almost can't believe you're looking at it.
>>
File: 18464.jpg (69 KB, 417x305)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>Thread Question: Who's your favorite artist? What potential commander do you wish said artist had illustrated?
Nils Hamm
Wish he'd done Saskia. Her art would actually stand out for something other than the copypasted goons.
>>
>>55750873
He is one of the best mtg artists of all time, no doubt.

Harold McNeil, Drew Tucker, Brom, Quintin Hoover, the older ones are many of the best. Puddnhead and Thomas M Baca were pretty sweet too.
>>
>>55751239
+1
Nils is the best current mtg artist.
>>
how does one play 5c spellslinger?

I want to play pic related and I'm curious how other people are running him
>>
>>55751435
I love Brom so much. He's one of my favorite artists just in general.
>>
>>55741733

my Phel deck,

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/99-problems-but-a-phelddagrif-aint-one/
>>
File: Glissa-the-Traitor1.jpg (98 KB, 620x450)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Tips/necessary inclusions for a guy making Golgari artifacts with Glissa, the Traitor as the commander.
>>
Had a couple sweet games yesterday, felt I should share.
>Game 1, My Sydri deck vs New Odric, Rhys, and Dino King
>I drop a bunch of rocks, Dino ramps, Rhys does token Stuff, Idric kept a 0 land hand (he does nothing all game)
>Dino guy taps out and plays Miraris Wake, threatening his commander into the exposed Odric next turn
>I cast new draw 7 off my rocks, find and cast Winter Orb
>Table tried to curb stomp me, jokes on them I can still cast spells
>Drop to 13, then wrath and cast Sydri and Caltrops for the combat lock
>Kill everyone 20some turns after the Orb with animated Gilded Lotus and copies of it
>End the game at 37

Was good stuff playing the archenemy, but that deck needs a faster killcon that isn't an infinite combo. I have Kozilek2 but feel like I need something like Inkwell Leviathan. Suggestions?
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 190x265)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>55751893

Thornbite staff. Because you're playing Glissa might as well go the whole nine yards with degeneracy.
>>
>>55751896

>Game 2
>Odric and Dino's stick around, I switch to my Ramis ramp/good stuff list, another guy shows up with Hokori (2 other players were there too but they left in the middle)
>Oh boy time for a taste of my own medicine
>Hokori goes all in on artifct mana, Dino's gets a board and his commander out
>I draw Fracturing Gust, ruin Hokoris day, he casts commander in retribution
>I make deal with dino guy, he kills other 2 players before me in exchange for me doing whatever I can to help him
>jokes on him I'm screwed
>Finally drop Defiler of Souls, kill 3 guys with it, hokori kills it
Hokori is also a tool saying "you forgot the trigger", even though I said it like a half dozen times before his turn, no I have to pause him in his upkeep instead of socializing, old faggot. He acquiesces in the end tho.
>Dino guy forces hokori to chump with his commander, allowing me to set up Fist of Suns
>Hokori drops Elesh Norn to stem the bleeding after Dino guy played wrathasaur to wipe out the field
>I cast clever impersonator to copy the wrath Dino and kill Norn and play a random dude, Dino guy finally kills the other 2 leaving me alive due to my political maneuvering
>At like 12 at this point, Dino guy has a bunch of 7/7s and other assorted bad Dinos
>Using Fist, I cast Bolas Planeswalker, stealing his commander, and another random Fatty
>Trade with his guys, Steal another one of his dudes and send his commander in to trade with his guys
>Make good blocks, kill one of his lands to keep him off 12 to recast his commander, then drop Novablast Wurm
>Attack, kill his board, he scoops when he draws nothing
Always play politics kids.
>>
>>55751896
Deck? I have no clue how to build Hermione Granger.
>>
>>55751979
Basically I play all the good mana Rick's (and plenty of bad ones), X-spell card draw/big draw, and counter magic, winning through either Mycosynth Lattice killing their lands, Winter Orb being orb, or assorted beatdown once I have control. Typically most people concede so I haven't really needed a way to ever actually win.

It's hella fun, but admittedly scoops to a early/midgame mass artifact kill spell. But once you cast your first draw spell for a good amount you should be in the clear.
>>
>>55751524
I have a 5c Karona deck. It includes about 20 wrath effects + ways to recur spells + utility and draw + a couple insta-win combos. I try not rely on permanents as a number of my wrath spells hit artifacts and enchants in addition to creatures.

Green/blue are the primary colors because they help me ramp and dig for answers early in the game. White is next for the wraths, black is next for tutors, and I barely run any red cards. Ramp is mostly land-fetching cards like Rampant Growth and Harrow. There are about an equal number of ramp cards as digging cards like Brainstorms, Impulses, and Worldly Counsels. A few permanents like Rhystic Study and Mirari's Wake are worth the risk that I blow them up, usually because someone else beats me to it.

It plays like a control deck and it helps that my Commander has haste and hits like a truck. I'm not sure how Ramos would fare with this shell because he needs to stick.
>>
File: Commander - Decks.png (1.13 MB, 1115x620)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
Post 'em birds and gulls.

Just finished my Atraxa deck because of the new legendary rule. Ulting Jace, Cunning Castaway with Doubling Season out into unlimited tokens is fun.
>>
>>55751065
Even before Wizards went full SJW, McNeill would be the kind of person a corporate entity wouldn't like to be affiliated with.
>>
>>55752030
well damn, that sounds pretty spot on for what I was thinking of doing with Ramos. I just want a mecha dragon at the helm of my deck

>>55752140
got a list for Karametra?
>>
>>55752140
What's your Atraxa deck like? I'm building one right now myself.
>>
File: edhdecs.png (788 KB, 1024x768)
788 KB
788 KB PNG
>>55752140
been debating what to add to breya on top of combo. I'm playing around with a control-shell, but combo/stax sounds fun...

I just don't want 2 stax decks. My group already hates me.
>>
>>55752030
Also: because you'll have fewer permanents than most people, you want spells that have BIG effects when they resolve.

For instance, despite my best efforts, I take a lot of damage when people focus me down and I have no blockers. I have exactly 2 cards which gain life: Invincible Hymn and Beacon of Immortality, both which can easily gain me 40+ life and are easily tutored.

Oh and Fated Retribution is secretly the best card to tutor up with Mystical Teachings
>>
>>55752241
Sure. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/artifacts-offend-the-gods/

>>55752256
Its based around playing the best possible cards and keeping the curve low. The goal of the deck is to ultimate any of the Planeswalkers with emblems as they end the game if it happens.
>>
File: Image.png (124 KB, 223x311)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>55752267
Kambal would be a better commander for your tax deck.
>>
>>55752309
We run him in the 99. I just really like having exile in the command zone.
>>
Hell yeah the last few cards I need for my.naya deck got here today from TCG, stoked to try it this week. Gonna put together a bigger cart this week with some.more expensive stuff to really upgrade my existing decks I think
>>
File: LEQnTi6.jpg (48 KB, 530x800)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Could someone please help out with my Alesha hatebears deck? At this point I have stared at this thing too long and I cant tell what is good and what is bad anymore. All I need to do is move cards from the maybeboard into either the main deck or the bin but I cant even manage that anymore. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-but-from-scratch/
>>
File: dicks.jpg (566 KB, 2092x1124)
566 KB
566 KB JPG
>>55752140
I never got the point of 1v1 decks, still gotta work my mizzix deck tho so its more spellslinger and less combo
>>
>>55752140
List for Gisela?
>>
>>55750302
I would love a Seb McKinnon Ayli or a Stephanie Law Azami. Or just for Stephanie Law to have done more Magic art. I love her work on L5R and Blue Rose.
>>
>>55752527
Yep. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-is-the-stax-iest/
>>
if you cast a spell without paying its mana cost can you overload it? can you pay additional kicker costs or can you cast the kicked version without it?
>>
>>55752790
If you cast a spell without paying its mana cost you have the option to overload it by spending mana. Not sure about kicker.
>>
>>55752790
>if you cast a spell without paying its mana cost can you overload it?
No, Overload is an alternative to the normal mana cost, and cast without paying already does that.
>can you pay additional kicker costs or can you cast the kicked version without it?
You can pay kickers to get their effect, they are additional costs (not part of/alternative to the mana cost) so they aren't covered by cast-for-free but can still be done.
>>
File: 1506438419019.jpg (89 KB, 500x417)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>55750621
>popular strats
>>
File: 1505191140916.jpg (29 KB, 640x636)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>55751916
>'Glissa'
>implying Gisa is a problem
>>
>>55750801
Nielsen is one of my favorites too.

>>55750302
When I started, I really loved Jason Chan, and I discovered that because most of my favorite arts were from him.
>>
>>55752881
Nope. If an effect says you can cast something without paying its mana cost, you can only cast it that way.

>>55752790
You can pay additional costs, like Kicker or Buyback, but not alternative costs, like Overload.
>>
File: Descendants' Path_AVR.jpg (247 KB, 672x936)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>55750302
>Thread Question
Terese Nielsen, ez.
>>
File: 12[1].jpg (62 KB, 312x445)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>55750801
I tried making Basandra work once with token spam and silly shit like Crescendo of War, Master Warcraft III, and Angel's Trumpet. It worked occasionally, but I got so frustrated with "the Boros card advantage problem" that I gave up after a few matches. Going into topdeck mode after turn 5 kinda sucks ass. I'll probably attempt it again some day.

>>55750972
Technically, most Boros legends care about your own combat step. Basandra is more about forcing attacks, so she's different from other Boros commanders in that you need to plan for defense as well as offense.
>>
>>55752403
Add:
Duplicant
Linvala
Merciless Eviction
Mother of Runes
Utter End
Vandalblast

Would bin the rest.
>>
File: 96[1].jpg (62 KB, 312x445)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>55752939
Are you a moron, anon?
>>
How do you guys order the amount of counters, tokens, tokens with X counters and X new tokens with Y+Z counters you generate in Mazirek?
D20s on everything?
>>
>>55751893
For years I thought corrupted Glissa was a lamia due to how tiny her artwork is on the card and only a few weeks back did I first see this art in larger size.

I still can't believe it.
>>
File: z.jpg (23 KB, 343x192)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
damn I wonder what this says about me as a deck builder
>>
>>55753056
Man, Glissa's story is sad. She basically gets fucked out of becoming a planeswalker, gets the blame for all the bad shit she worked to stop, then gets turned into a villain by the Phyrexians.
>>
Grimlock, the werewolf/transformation general we need.
>>
>>55753120
Get 3-5 tokens of every kind your deck produces, get a bunch of D6s in 2 different colors to indicate number of tapped and untapped tokens of each kind and get a third and/or dice block in yet another color to track separate counters.
>>
>>55753222
You understand the BR CMC sweet spot.
>>
>>55753222
stupid question, but how do you get that info?
>>
>>55753426
its on the side on tappedout when you have a deck loaded up

>>55753335
only one of those is BR and its the 3.48
>>
>>55753222
That's basically the Golden Ratio of mana curves.

I have a storm deck with 3.03 avg cmc
I have a control "go tall" deck at 3.87
And 2 normal value-based decks both at exactly 3.44
>>
>>55753222
>tfw your average CMC gets fucked up by split/aftermath, X spells, Overload, etc.

Can't trust it.
>>
What's a good number of token generators and anthems to have in a token deck?
>>
>>55754069
Depends on the commander and what you intend to do with your tokens.
>>
Has anyone got a spicy Sen triplets decklist?
>>
>>55753156
Holy shit I'm not the only one.
>>
>>55754084
Brago, flicker ETB generators like no tommorow.
>>
>>55754096
what does spicy mean?

does it mean less than optimal if it runs cute cards instead of esper control staples?
does it mean everything is a staple minus 2 cards that are the spicy tech?

what does it MEAN?
>>
>>55754187
Not the anon you're replying to, but I usually assume it's your second option.
>>
File: 1492583424571.gif (1.72 MB, 270x340)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB GIF
>>55754187

I think spicy means something interesting or fancy. I mean when I first figured out that Whitemane Lion acts as a repeatable instant speed white Rampant Growth in Karametra I considered it "Spicy".

Could be wrong though.
>>
>>55754235
well shit then every deck I make is spicy
feels pretty gud
>>
How do I create a good mill deck?
>>
>>55754319
infinite mill combo + tutors
>>
>>55754319
>>55754330

But it has to be with Oona or a Leyline of the Void. If an opponent has a Titan you're pretty much fucked.

Alternatively you could run Lazav and not so much mill them out but use their mill to hit them in the face.
>>
>>55754357
I fail to see how any mill deck could possibly be better than winning the same way with an izzet rituals + blue suns zenith
>>
>>55754319
You mill yourself with someone like Tasigur or Sidisi or Lab Man
>>
is everyone else as rusted as i am that isn't legendary?
>>
File: 1486352422618.jpg (72 KB, 312x306)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>55754380

Because some people don't want to see Izzet durdle for ten minutes before then go, "okay everyone draw ten thousand cards"
>>
>>55754436
fuck, that was supposed to say rustled
>>
>>55754438
well I feel the same way but a "good" mill deck is going to be doing the same way

if youre just playing shit like consuming aberration (cute and fun card in my own opinion) its not going to be very good
>>
What are your top 3 red mass removal?
>Blasphemous Act
>Star of Extinction
>Chain Reaction
>>
>>55754436
it can still be a pauper commander
>>
File: 1488724149690.png (1.92 MB, 1910x1420)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>55754538

>Repercussion + B-Act.

It removes everyone! Including me!
>>
>>55754538
>Volcanic Vision
>MIzzium Mortars
>Hour of Devastation
>>
>>55754585
Not if you have Glacial Chasm out.
>>
>>55754538
Blasphemous Act
Vandalblast
Arcbond
>>
File: 1376283119372.jpg (113 KB, 960x810)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>55754436

Would be cool, but it would kinda spoil it for the other formats it is designed for. Definitely intended to be a solid limited card where they'd like you to be able to have more than one on the battlefield.

That said, I really, really want to build a Dimir deck with my latest pirate foils, plus my love for Faeries/Rogues/Pirates/Ninjas (and the snazzy foil hostage taker I opened at pre-release). But everything just seems a little weaker than other decks that already exist. I was thinking maybe Vela for bounce and control mechanics since my group really, really likes boardwipes and 1 hit k/os with their commanders. Does anyone here have a solid Vela deck?
>>
>>55754319
Undead Alchemist.

Either you exile problematic cards before comboing off, or you cast Lazav and chunk them with traumatize. My idea of a Mill deck is a little different: the objective isn't to deck them, but to disrupt them with your library fuckery until you get rid of some of their key cards. Fraying Sanity, Mindcrank + duskmantle guildmage, or dumping mana into Oona work well. My favorite interaction is getting Sphinx's tutelage + jaces erasure to set up some fuckery, then wheel them with a dash of trepanation blade and Mirko Vosk until they run out of lands.

You won't win against a group, but you can make one player VERY sad.
>>
>>55754538

>Jokulhaups
>Obliterate
>Ashling the Pilgrim, gone critical.
>>
>>55754706
Why don't you just I don't know, loop with altar of the brood? You're milling and winning.
>>
>>55754096
1x Paradox Haze
98x esper stuff
>>
>>55754772
Because I run that in my Ghave combo deck.

Plus, you'd be surprised how strong a Lazav deck with that setup, some counters, reanimator, and some clone effects is. Combo is boring, I just like to smash face.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>55754658

How have I never heard of this one? I usually just Lich's Mirror because, honestly. Are you going to use removal on a guy's Lich's Mirror?
>>
how much will my group hate me for playing stax? Is it even worth spending money on
>>
>>55754837
The answer is pretty simple, its fucking Ice Age and when it hits the board you sac a land, cumulative upkeep. Still love to crop rotation into it. Along chasm, we also have Mystic Remora into "cards no one ever uses because they haven't ever heard of them or because of cumulative upkeep".
>>
>>55755028
They'll hate you a lot, but if you have an asshole like me who runs Food Chain Prossh and consistently fucks their shit over, you'll be their saviour.
>>
File: Emmara Tandris.png (376 KB, 375x523)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>someone shows up with this as their commander
wwyd?
>>
>>55755080
allow it cause holy shit is her original card pure shit. this is if voice isnt in the 99 though
>>
>>55755080
I would ask them why didn't they just outright say they wanted to test Voice of Ressurgence as a General for shits and giggles, and promote a "Any creature can be your general" night.
>>
Do "Play a spell" and "cast a spell" trigger the same things?

>Thrumming Stone
>Vanquishers banner

If I revealed two cards and played them for free, would it trigger the banner and draw me 2 cards as well?
>>
>>55752267
>enchantment tribal
list?
>>
>>55755195
When in doubt, check the oracle text.
>Spells you cast have ripple 4. (Whenever you cast a spell, you may reveal the top four cards of your library. You may cast any revealed cards with the same name as the spell without paying their mana costs. Put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
>>
>>55755195
Yes, the Oracle text has Thrumming Stone's 'play' to 'cast'
>>
>>55754837
I like the story that card tells
>>
Is Nissa Nature's Artisan a bad planeswalker or is it good for the lifegain?
>>
>>55755209
>>55755226
Thanks anons, I was looking at the card on Tappedout and it's got different text, will check the oracle text on older cards.
>>
>>55754837
I remember once one of the people at my table memnarch'd a Lich's Mirror, but then got 21 commander damage...
>>
File: 89[1].jpg (53 KB, 312x445)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>55755195
On older cards, "play a spell" is often errata'd to "cast a spell" because they are separate mechanics, although casting a spell does count as playing it too.

The primary difference is that you "play" lands and "cast" spells, but casting also counts as playing for the purposes of cards like Recycle or, as I prefer to call it, Null Profusion.
>>
File: IMG_8214.jpg (267 KB, 750x805)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
I'm doing a phantom draft with friends for my birthday next weekend.

What should I get a box of, Modern Master 2017 or Eternal Master?
>>
>>55755233
shes a draw engine, if your gameplan is to ult her youre a goober
>>
>>55755270
What is in the Eternal Masters set? Because I do believe they've reprinted Liliana of the Veil in Modern Masters 17
>>
>>55755269
cards like this scare me

what if someone forces you to discard?
what if you dont have the mana to cast the upcoming cards?

id rather play one with nothing
>>
>>55755233
It's bad. Unless you've got lifegain triggers then 3 life really isn't great, even once per turn. Her -4 is okay, it's basically a draw 2, though you're only likely to use it once. Her ult is shit. If you want a mono green planeswalker at around the same CMC I'd go for Freyalise. She's good even if you're not in Elfball, as a repeatable Naturalize is pretty strong.
>>
>>55755270

Conspiracy!
>>
>>55755299
>what if someone forces you to discard?
>what if you dont have the mana to cast the upcoming cards?
All these concerns and more for the Grixis Storm player. It's that risk that provides the thrill.
>>
>>55755276
>>55755310
Got it. Thanks for the advise. I happen to have both Freyalise and Nisa currently so this should work out nicely.
>>
>>55754319
Oona and include plenty of ways to exile graveyards or else you can never beat a deckt that uses an eldrazi titan.
>>
>>55754187
Let's go with option 1. Playable to win games, but not infinite comboing.
>>
>>55755367
>no infinites

good luck against my turn one vamp tutor
>>
>>55750302

>
Thread Question: Who's your favorite artist? What potential commander do you wish said artist had illustrated?

Brom, and nekusar
>>
File: die.jpg (92 KB, 500x667)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>55754170
She isn't? I've lived a lie...
>>
>>55752421
Hey.

Illuminate.

He reduces kicker costs.
>>
>>55755461
oh wow thats a hot card, if it was an instant and hit an opponent then kicked to hit the creature I could justify it but it kinda seems meh since the enemy needs to have a creature in play in order for you to even be able to use it unless you wanna burn one of your own guys
>>
Putting together an order on tcg, which card does freyalise want first: Craterhoof or that new enchantment that flips into Cradle? Making all my shit huge for a turn sounds great but so does having all the Mana forever
>>
>>55755490
Yea my Mizzix is basically x-spells tribal with a lot of hand manipulation, I have never had a problem casting it but I don't play against a huge variety of decks either.
>>
>>55755290

https://scryfall.com/sets/ema

Some pretty cool stuff, but nothing as straight up as worth as much as Liliana, I think.

>>55755322

Maybe! How many of the draft only cards take up the Rare slots?
>>
>>55755494
Craterhoof dude.

It's fuckin craterhoof. It's best of the effect you get really.

You could bitch out and get a pathbreaker(razer?) ibex?
>>
>>55755494
Craterhoof is slowly sinking in price, but Growing Rites seems likely to have the bottom fall out on its price unless someone shoves it in a Standard deck, and soon.
>>
>>55755530
You're right, those cards actually seem pretty good.
>>
>>55755515
well actually it seems very good, I cut comet storm since I took out a bunch of the rituals in my deck but im looking through to see if I can find a cut

illuminate is pretty sneaky tech that I didnt see on edh rec so I love it especially since mizzix works with X costs and kickers so thats radical

I might start cutting one drop cantrips since they end up being pretty poor midgame and thats where the infinite combos happen
>>
>>55755541
So hold off on Growing Rites for a minute. Seems reasonable, not like elves has trouble making mana as is
>>
>>55755389
>Swan song

Enjoy your 2/2 bird you mouth breathing cuck
>>
>>55755530
Looks like EMA has Jace the Mind Sculptor
>>
>>55755634
>pact of negation
>kill you turn 2

heh, nuthin personnel kid
>>
>>55755586
Yea honestly the mvp's of mizzex for me is anything that lets you dig cards on an X value or anything that untaps lands.

Snap, Frantic Search, Pore over the Pages, Turnabout, etc are great.
>>
>>55755739
yeah I use to run it with a turnabout/reality spasm, inner fire/mana gayser, clone spells, then end with a big X spell but then I got tired of jerking off on the table so I took all that shit out and now im just running creatures that give my spells value

the decks probably worse but I have more fun actually playing with people instead of being watched while I play with myself
>>
Can you make a good Wolf Token deck with Rhys as the commander? Or rather, a good Rhys deck with wolf tokens as the focus?
>>
>>55755633
I think the opposite of that is what they were saying. They believe Craterhoof has room to fall further, but Growing Rites is at a volatile low point where it could shoot up in price if someone figures out how to break it and doesn't stand to go much lower than it is right now until it rotates. If those suppositions are true, Growing Rites is the safer purchase. Craterhoof is a solved card, everyone knows how it fits into every metagame it's legal in, and Rites isn't yet.
>>
So I just got the Vampire precon and I've been umming over Teferi's Protection. My flgs is offering me $21 for it at the moment, I'm wondering if it would be better to keep it and sell it later.

From what I've seen they pretty much never reprint cards like this from commander sets so I'm wondering if people think it'll go up in price down the line.

I'm also impressed I can pretty much get the Vampire precon for over half price just by trading in one card.
>>
File: IMG_4380.jpg (289 KB, 562x535)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>play tested my three commander decks to see how good they were when they were pitted against each other
>ended up wasting 30 minutes because I comboed off with my Vialsmasher/Thrasios deck and casted torment of hailfire for 363 mana

Anyway how has your Saturday night been so far?

Also my favorite artist is Mark Zug mainly because he also illustrated MAGYK, this book series that looks a lot like a discount Harry Potter but isn't
>>
How would rain of gore interact with sulfuric vortex? Do I get to choose which one triggers first if I control both?
>>
>>55756014
>From what I've seen they pretty much never reprint cards like this from commander sets so I'm wondering if people think it'll go up in price down the line.
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/164811102068/will-there-be-more-of-c17-printed-my-lgs-and#notes
Sell it.
>>
>>55756133
Well there we have it, I'll sell it and put the money towards another 2017 deck. Maybe get a voucher and buy Dragons when it gets a reprint. Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x763)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
will planeswalkers EVER stop being buffed?

I hope Maro loses his job, fuck this guy.
>>
Speaking of prices, what the fuck is going on? It's been about 4 years since I've bought any cards but now when I see the prices of some of my collection they're nuts. Chromatic Lantern is $12? $7 for Academy Ruins? There's no way I paid more than a few cents for each back then.

Is there some general huge upswing in prices in the past while? Seems like literally everything is more costly except for Counterspell.
>>
>>55756187
>Errata to every burn spell ever printed. or PWs now immune to bolt
FUCK. Not a fan.
>>
>>55756190
Those two have both held value for some time. More insane is the wild west reserved list bullshit. Gwendlyn at 80? I've got 2 and picked her up for 5 bucks, if that. She's a fun commander but she's not worth that kind of cash.
>>
>>55756187
For starters, you're a moron.
Follow up, you're a fucking moron.

This isn't "buffing" anything, it's a formatting change. Old cards will be errata'd to say "target player or planeswalker" or other similar wording. Secondarily, MaRo has nothing to do with formatting changes, that's the rules manager Eli Shiffrin.
>>
>>55756187
Has it even been a month since the massive legendary buff to PWs? Now they are almost certainly being buffed again?
>>
>>55756227
Held? They were so cheap not too long ago though.
>>
>>55756228
>this isn't buffing anything
>opponent has a counter
>Bolt you.
>Okay.
>Redirect to your Walker.
It's a subtle buff but it's a buff.
>>
>>55756127
rain of gore says if someone would gain life, they lose it instead
vortex says you cant gain life

there are no triggers happening, those are static effects
Mogis is a great commander, play heartless hidetsugu and a furnace effect and hold the game hostage
>>
>>55755673
>Force of will
>Teleports behind you
>"Nani?!"

Nice try kid, you made me use 10% of my power
>>
>>55756246
Lantern has been multidollar for at least a couple years. Ruins, similarly. Both see play in competitive formats. Now I don't remember what the price of Ruins was back when it was in (or just rotated out of) Standard, but I'm fairly sure it's commanded at least a few bucks since the inception of Modern.
>>
>>55756209
I thought hes saying all those cards will have that errata
>>
>>55756247
Maybe if your opponent was retarded.
By the same logic, it's a nerf because now cards like Aegis of the Gods and Psychic Rebuttal can't protect your walkers.
>>
>>55756228
Mark my words, it will be a buff. Just like the legendary/planeswalker uniqueness rule change was a buff.

>>55755657
LotV actually costs about 20$ more than JTMS. It's definitely the effect of Modern.
>>
>>55756236
>>55756279
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/166162774138/what-planeswalker-redirection-rule-change

The relevant cards will get errata. This isn't a functional change outside of things like >>55756278 mentioned, which stands to make Planeswalkers actually slightly weaker.
>>
>>55756277
It's unclear if "Old relevant cards" will mean all burn that can hit players, all burn that can hit creatures and players, all burn that can hit players but not creatures, or some cards from recent sets they thematically feel like should hit PWs. Frankly I hope for the first of those options despite the hell of errata but we survived the Grand Creature Type Update. And I'm fairly sure there are corner cases right now that would fall away.
>>
>>55756266
>heh he fell for the bluff, I almost killed myself with that pact next turn Ill just imperial seal and if that fails mana crypt + demonic tutor

pass...
>>
>>55756190
2 big things increased prices:
-Modern became popular and drove up the prive of random Modern-legal cards. Some cards are only played in Modern and might not be good enough for Legacy but still have high value.
-Magic players are older and the cards are older. People have been doing lots of buyouts on reserved list cards. Even a random unplayed card like Gaea's Avenger is a very high price like $40. People are just collecting and old stuff is rare.
>>
>>55756380
Kinda glad I just use Cockatrice now.
>>
>>55756380
Gaea's Avenger sees play in 93/94, hence the price spike.
>>
>>55756403
It's more speculators trying to male money off of Old School than actual Old School players. The format is extremely fring but "investors" want to bet on it. Old School is much harder to find than competitive Vintage.
>>
>>55756478
the only vintage tourny Ive ever heard of in my state allowed proxys
I legit went in with an entire deck made of proxys
>>
>>55756478
People at my LGS and nearby ones are all over that format. I like it since I can get rid of my unlimited duals and reserved list jank for much cheaper revised duals and fetches.
>>
>>55756502
All the ones that I've played in were 15 proxies except the official Vintage Champs which is all real cards. I play 15 proxy Vintage but the stores don't have 93/94 tournaments or anything.
>>
>>55756517
So the people around you actually exclude Revised? You must be in Europe.
>>
>>55756564
Yup, unlimited and no proxies allowed, I've also seen black-border only and no foreign cards (so no foreign black border duals etc).

It's super elitist but I'm fine with it since they throw money at cards I acquired by chance years ago.
>>
>>55756612
>no foreign cards
But you are in Europe right?
>>
>>55756620
Yeah, I meant no Italian/French/German, English only.
>>
>>55756646
Foreign cards are nice when the add spice to your deck. Spanish Grand Abolisher is great
>>
>>55756646
It's so elitist
>>
Does anyone run Marchesa the Black Rose? How does it usually work?

To me, it seems like it's going to be a combo reanimator deck with +1/+1 synergy, but Ghave already has that place in my heart. Is there anything particularly unique about it, or do I just tutor a combo-piece, a sac outlet, and win? What about using her with Purphoros and Impact Tremors for a sneaky monored deck?
>>
>>55756762
Threaten effects have great synergy with her. Also Unspeakable Symbol.
>>
>>55755270
MM17 has a lot more EDH cards. Namely the fetch lands.
>>
>>55755812
Eh, I mean, they just have to kill mizzex to stop me usually.

It's the "You should probably hold removal" tutor deck.
>>
>>55757081
yeah I get that, im not saying its bad thats just not the way I like to play magic
I also personally hate infinite and go out of my way to prevent someone from winning that way
>>
>>55757109
>Deadeye
>Peregrine Drake
>Niv, Dracogenius
>>
>>55757134
I dont play any of that, I use to be a big deadeye infinite mana guy but after the 5th or 6th time I get bored

maybe its just because I make my decks too consistent so its ALWAYS going to come up during a game and I found out that I always had more fun if someone stopped me from doing it than if I just ended the game right there
to each their own tho, im just going to be the one preventing infinites instead of doing it myself
>>
File: Quickling-MtG-Art.jpg (142 KB, 1024x607)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>55750302
I'm a pretty big fan of Clint Cearley. I got to meet him awhile ago and he signed my foil Whispering Madness :D
>>
File: IMG_0327.jpg (94 KB, 850x500)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>55750302
Izzy never disappoints
>>
>>55757183
I have that in my Ur-Dragon build and it pisses people off when it happens.
>>
>>55757440
my groups tolerant of infinites since its a valid way to win, none of us play them though since we dont see the point in multiple games of one guy going off
lots of us actually started with decks who mainly won that way till we played more often and eventually got rid of em
>>
>>55757183
>>55757477
Eh, I like people having to run a lot of removal. I do it too.

Tight games, we're all about 15 years into the hobby, though.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (35 KB, 223x310)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Favorite artist is Michael Komarck. Rafiq was the first mythic rare and legendary I ever pulled and my first commander.
>>
>>55757502
yeah weve been in for a while too, we still hold lots of removal its just that when someone is comboing out they actually run spells that require knowledge of the game not just "I have infinite mana now and ima play this ezuri"

hell one of our best players runs a yidris deck
>>
>>55757545
Ugh. See, I had yidris for a while but that deck was just fucking ridiculous.

It just fuckin flipped half the library onto the battlefeild half the time, shit was too much.

He would be fun if gimped a bit and I'm considering rebuilding it into some sort of chaos deck.
>>
>>55757564
well I also hate that too, which is another jerk offy deck like I took my own mizzix deck out of that playstyle
I personally just think I hate combo, but I respect a yidris or other storm deck more than I do an infinite combo since it at least requires deck knowledge and allows for many moments when interaction is crucial, with yidris sometimes you dont HAVE to kill yidris to stop the combo sometimes its just a crucial spell you need to drop

with an infinite its either you stop right as it starts or you pick up the cards
>>
>>55757624
I'm happy to just scoop desu. They can decide for themselves if my reaction is what they want in their decks. I always do this and they usually change their decks a tad in the coming weeks/months.

Works for me.
>>
>>55757718
>>55757624
On top of that, I enjoy the first few turns of the game & setup interactions/hate a lot so scooping is just straight back into the fun for me.
>>
>>55757718
>>55757738
yeah I get that, I just want a little more out of my games so I want to fight out of the auto-scoop moments
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Also
>>55757109
>>55755812

MOTHERFUCCIN BOSIUM STRIP

THIS SHIT is HYPE
>>
>>55757758
you know what im gonna play this just for you babe~
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (31 KB, 223x310)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>55757765
Here's another spicer

I don't run this anymore but I've gotta put it in something else. It's cool.
>>
How do I build a deck that's "fair" to my friends but also fun for me to play? The most money my friends have dropped in their decks is maybe like $70 from upgrading their precons

I'm thinking a simple UG timmy deck with cards like Thassa, Kiora, and Leviathans
>>
>>55757792
Leviathans is a good timmy. Why not limit yourself a bit and go mono U though?

There's actually a lot of tribal support for any tribe now, with all these new artefacts from the recent commander precons.

You could go Tromakratis? I like Lorthos. A lot. Octopus Tribal.

Shit I think that's my new deck now.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-rising-tide-1/

check this shit for example.
>>
>>55757821
That seems pretty fun honestly, half the reason why I want to go UG also is because Thassa and Kiora are my lesser waifus but I've never actually had a deck with them in it
>>
>>55757791
I run this in UR chaos already so I know about it
>>
>>55753225
But she's a damn good heroine in her books.
>>
>>55754319
>all these basic plebs telling you to use Oona

ima brew up a Circu lantern control deck here for ya give me a sec
>>
File: en_ulChNTz1mz.png (194 KB, 265x370)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
Just opened him in a pack at home, do I sell him? Keep him for when more dinos come out? Maybe even start making him now?
>>
>>55757916
Sell now honestly he'll never be this high again, the next set for Ixalan is probably going to focus more on the forgotten Merfolk and Vampires while giving Dinos and Pirates the treatment they got for this release.
>>
How to deal with Gruul faggots?
>>
>>55757995
What's faggy about gruul?
>>
>>55757916
I made a deck with it as the commander and it’s pretty sick. If you send in Gishath against a tapped out opponent, it usually decides the game by summoning up three or four other giant dinosaurs. It’s not even fully fleshed out, but if it were it could be pretty powerful. This is coming from some dude who just started playing this shit a few months ago.
>>
>>55757995
>counter spells
>field wipes
>a faster Gruul build
don’t be stupid
>>
>>55758265
>If you send in Gishath against a tapped out opponent

By the time you can summon him everyone will have a few bodies on the board and know better to not tap out
>>
>>55758265
I too started playing recnelty, you make me want to look into building this guy
>>
>>55758277
8 mana is nothing. You can get Gishath out if need be by turn 4 or 5.

>>55758285
Id post my build but my deck’s at home and I don’t have it built online anywhere. I never did try to do a real build using all cards. I built it only with cards I already had, but I’d like to see what a “perfect” version of it would be like.
>>
>>55758215
they like bara?

gruul is the most gay bear color combination right behind naya
>>
File: 72.jpg (73 KB, 312x445)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
I would suck multiple Wizards employees' dicks for a Zur that cost 1WUR instead of 1WUB. I just want to make a Wild Research deck.
>>
So what's the consensus on the new commander precons? Is the Vampire deck as broken as everyone says it is? Anything competitive playable?
>>
>>55758608
Kess is competitive.
>>
>>55758608
There are some cool new cards but the precons themselves are mostly trash. Just TERRIBLE manabases. Half of the lands in the 2-color cat deck come into play tapped, which is just unnecessary. All basics would be better.
>>
>>55758657
You see, the thing is that the precons are a cart being pulled in three directions. They need to be something to print new cards in, regardless of how they fit into the deck, hence why you see cards that have absolutely no inherent synergy like Daxos and Karlov in the same decks, they need to be something that gets some amount of general reprints into the hands of new players, which is why you see things like an unnecessary number of dual lands for a two color deck in order to give new players options for branching out, and they try to make them vaguely playable, which tends to be the least prioritized of the three.

It's a very strenuous balancing act, and they've almost never gotten it right.
>>
>>55755197
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/stax-enchantment-tribal/
only 50% sure this list is up to current. Gonna finish the stax part before I work on the Tribal part more.
>>
File: 1468247133141.gif (1.98 MB, 324x265)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>can't play Search for Azcanta in Daxos
>>
>>55758755
Wrong Daxos then frand.
>>
>>55758755
search is dogshit anyway, the only good ones are the black and green one with the white one being praised by white players so use to abuse they see that shit and dont think its that bad
>>
>>55758800
You're bad at evaluating cards.
>>
>>55758823
git gud
>>
>>55757882
>>55754319
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/08-10-17-yyE-deck-paste/
here ya go bud, its funky as hell and expensive to boot but it gets the job done
you can replace expensive tutors like imp seal with more draw spells ala blue suns zenith/pull from tomorrow/stroke of genius
>>
>>55758800
The white one slots perfectly into my Modern tokens deck and flips under the same conditions that let me use Windbrisk Heights.
>>
nth for Utvara Hellkite
>>
File: Spoiler Image (127 KB, 223x311)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>55750302
It's gotta be either Nielsen or Foglio
>>
>>55759450
too bad modern tokens is garbage
get real, if a card just barely makes it into a tierless fnm friendly deck that doesnt make the card good
the green and black are staples for any edh decks that run those colors

the white one is a wasted slot that couldve just been a better card in edh, the blue one falls to the same category considering how mana intensive it is to use and how much better that mana could be used in the first place, and the red one is just cute at best
>>
>>55750302
Kev Walker fro Marath of Prossh.
>>
File: How_About_No.jpg (52 KB, 500x299)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>55759573
>>
>>55759596
>black
>staple
>bad greed that requires you to go down to 5 to flip into Diamond Mine when you could have just played High Market or another sac outlet
>at which point you'll lose the greed unless you want to be even more suicidal
>staple
>>
>>55759596
>all this butthurt
>>
>>55759632
how come both erebos and greed are staples?
at 2 mana and with no restrictions on the amount of times you can use it its pretty much just second erebos
honestly id be willing to argue the blue one being the worst of the enchantment/land cycle

the green and black are tied since both the enchantment and land are using some of the colors most powerful tools, each are goodstuff tier
the red one is the third best since after you manage to flip it out of the pseudo-draw trash that red is, at a 4 mana investment thats bolt every turn
not too shabby but nothing id consider for every deck in red
white being a niche token producer if im making a token deck ill consider it but its outclassed in edh by a ton of shit I doubt ill find room
and lastly the worse draw than impulse topdeck filtering trash that is the blue one
not much to say other than you could put any X draw spell and be better off than having this shit out by the time it flips
same 4 mana investment every turn for bad impulse tho so thats a plus, I dont see why it has to be revealed considering its not tutoring and isnt affiliated with jeskais noncreature nonland fetish
>>
>>55752267

Add a fun gimmick. For my Sydri combo I added a small "steal yo girl" subtheme with cards like Gonti, Daxos, and Hostage Taker. Takes some heat off me while while I assemle my combos.
>>
>>55758285
Gishath is a pretty good commander for newer players, assuming your playgroup isn't super competetive.

He can be made pretty strong too.
>>
>>55759845
post meta Gishath build
>>
>>55754187

The deck has obscure, fragile, or overcomplicated interactions, tends to fall more under "janky" than "competitive".

A good example would be Sydri, Galvanic Genius with Voltaic Rig, which she can turn into an unreliable boardwipe that says "you gain ~80 life".

It is between hopeful brewing, but not Magical Christmas Land delusion territory
>>
>>55759897
A friend of mine runs the deck, I'll see if I can get him to upload a decklist.
>>
File: 1494719619461.png (10 KB, 645x773)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
How the FUCK do you build a "creatures matter" deck while still having enough non-creature answers and utility?
After adding board wipes, spot removal, ramp, Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots, Lifecrafter's Bestiary/Zendikar Resurgent etc. it feels like I can't justify using creature synergy like Vizier of the Menagerie or Sapling of Colfenor anymore when they brick 75% of the time.
>>
>>55760217
Remove the sorcery ramp, add creatures that ramp. Remove stuff like lifecrafter's bestiary and zendikar resurgent, add cards like Garruk's Packleader and Regal Behemoth.

There's creature versions of pretty much everything a sorcery spell can do.
>>
>>55755917

iunno, can you?

https://scryfall.com/search?as=&order=&q=%28o%3Awolf+o%3Atoken%29
>>
>>55759901
give me a magical christmas land delusional combo
>>
>>55760590

not that guy but

sydri + aetherflux reservoir + having 51 life
>>
>>55760590
Magical Christmas Land is where I vacation in the summer.
>>
>>55760834
this might be the dumbest combo I've ever seen but it's great
>>
>>55760834
>>55760967
According to EDHRec, the card most commonly played alongside Battle of Wits is Spawnsire. These are truly our people.
>>
>>55761172
It's pretty much the only way of making it work in commander, of course it's the most played combo piece.

Also, to cut almost $90 from the cost of the combo, replace 2x Emrakul with Ulamog and Mirror Entity
>>
>>55757758
SPICY

Time to just fucking end someone in Dranlu storm with paradox engine, thran Dynamo and grim monolith.
>>
>>55760834
oh neat there IS a way to win with BoW in EDH.
>>
>>55750302
>Favorite Artist
Daarkin shill reporting in!
>>
>>55761426
>>55761199
You actually can't do this without prior agreement from your playgroup, otherwise probably everyone would be running wishes and they would be more powerful than demonic tutor.

You CAN still win with battle of wits though. Just turn it into a creature and beat someone to death with it.
>>
>>55756319
>Slightly weaker

you mean easier to protect by giving them hexproof, right?

Also what does he mean by "relevant" cards? there are hundreds of cards that can deal damage to an opponent that you can redirect.

I don't like this rule change
>>
File: 289.jpg (50 KB, 312x445)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Man, I wish it was easier to get foil sets of specific basics.
>>
How do you guys track life totals in commander? I've been using a phone app to do it but it drains my phone battery pretty quickly.
>>
>>55761727
I just use D10s
>>
File: edh decks.png (1.36 MB, 1552x1059)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>55752140
>>
>>55761727
2 d20
>>
File: Image.png (152 KB, 223x311)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>55753056
Are you?
>>
>>55761727
I'm using a D8 and a D10.
>>
>>55754319
You dont. You take those cards and you burn them.
>>
>>55761727
calculator
>>
>>55761689
There are more cards that give you hexproof than cards that give arbitrary permanents hexproof.

I can think of Priviledged Position.
>>
>>55761727
2d10 (aka d%); good for 40-0, robust against gain.
>>
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/773212#paper

this is the current list I'm working off of to build my Mogis deck. Are there any obvious inclusions missed or cards to take out? Would like to keep the deck at around the same price. I have already added command tower

Also I'm pretty tempted to ditch strip mine for something else. I don't like single target land burn and the card is pretty expensive.
>>
>>55761815
Heroic Intervention
Simic Charm
Sigarda
>>
>>55761953
So, two instants and a card that doesn't actually do what you think? I think you'll be okay. There are a lot more that worked the old way.
>>
>>55761764
Why is this card $9 lmao
>>
>>55760217
Effects on legs. If you can't make a creature matters deck that runs at least 30 creatures, you've got a problem. Granted, color matters, but you list green cards so presumably you're in green. You can replace 2-3 cost mana rocks with 1-2 cost mana dorks. You can replace Rampant Growth with Sakura-Tribe Elder. You can replace Desert Twister and Beast Within with the goddamn elephant
>>
>>55762051
>Only printed in Commander, once
>Popular lore character from a time period a lot of players actually remember
>Actually a decent commander for a popular tribe (Zombies)
>Still good in the 99 of other zombie tribal commanders like G&G, Grimgrin, or Scarab God

Her current asking price seems just a little high, but there are contributing factors.
>>
File: IMG_8965.jpg (42 KB, 223x310)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
I want to get into EDH. Any kind of commander could be fine as long as it's a cute female character. Would Vela the Night clad work?
>>
>>55762166
Fuck off. Your kind isn't wanted here.
>>
File: stf24_esper.jpg (45 KB, 620x249)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Anyone wanna give me some pointers or thoughts? I needed to retire my Melek deck after realizing I was the guy ruining EDH for my friends with solitaire turns and infinite combos so I wanted to build something midrange and interactive. Some stipulations I put on myself was no fast mana and no infinites, though I didn't consider Thoptersword to be infinite since it's gated by mana. The deck still feels pretty explosive with 12 mana sources at 2 CMC letting me play a turn 3 Breya pretty often. Cranial Plating has been giving me a ton of reach to close out games, and I'm thinking about putting in Marionette Master and cutting Walking Ballista for that sweet Skullclamp Marionette draining for 10+ per sac.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-06-17-breya-edh/
>>
>>55758800
The black one is shit, it requires you to have 5 life or less.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (124 KB, 223x311)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>55762166
It would work really well if you could find yourself an infinite flick combo. I think there was fairly cheap one one with a whale and a soulbound creature for limitless mana and flicks but I can't remember the name of either card.

Pic related for cute a cute commander girl.
>>
File: 1424926395127.jpg (20 KB, 404x557)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>55762166
>Any kind of commander could be fine as long as it's a cute female character.
>>
>>55758579
Build zedruu you cuck
>>
>>55762233
i can't be the only one who thought this right
>>
File: Deadeye Navigator.jpg (53 KB, 620x453)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>55762233
You're talking about Deadeye Navigator and Great Whale (you could also use Peregrine Drake for lower mana cost or Palinchron if you have money).
>>
>>55762280
way to ruin this card for me. Totally thought that it was a helmet thing
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-09-17-daxos-enchants/

Something seems off what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>55762280
Holy fucking shit, that wasn't a helmet?
>>
File: 1502562727563.jpg (95 KB, 1200x500)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>55762292

>>55762280
For a little bit I thought it was a rock Sliver-esque type head but I actually looked closer because I cared about the card.
>>
>>55762280
I thought that was his head and didn't notice the eyes until now....
>>
>>55751524
My Ramos deck is full of charms and cascade effects.

It's really just a shitty voltron deck though.
>>
File: Image (1).png (140 KB, 223x311)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
Best way to build this thicc merfolk grandma?
>>
>>55762383
they should have removed the maximum hand size line and reduced her cost by 2...

7cmc is so much for this. i expect you'll have best results going for a token deck with lots of traditional hand-size-matter effects. you can voltron her and try and win through combat damage. all of the best options are going to be somewhat weak to removal and similar to other hand size decks.
>>
>>55762383
UG Elfball is probably the "best" way to build her. Tons of mana dorks to ramp into her and draw you more cards. Then win with commander damage or Hoofdaddy.
>>
>>55762383
Put her in the 99 with Zegana as the commander
>>
>>55750302
If I wanted to go full mono blue goodstuff/storm and didn't want to use JVP or Teferi, is Baral good enough for his ability or should I use an infinite mana sink like Kefnet or Ambassador Laquatus?
>>
>>55752421
Going in on 1v1 specifically is weird, but I like building decks to at least be able to survive a 1v1 game and keep that in mind since 1v1 commander can casually happen a lot in between stuff or just whenever.
>>
>>55762619
>>55750302
Also, I wish Noah Bradley had done any legendaries, honestly.
>>
>>55762289
Dont forget cloud of faeries for lands that tap for +2 mana
>>
>>55762166
How to build vela:
1: search gatherer for ninja
2: buy that list
>>
>>55762437
I guess they couldnt have puny merfolk etb with both card avantage and a larger body than the dinosaurs at a cheaper cmc
>>
>>55753222
You don't shit up your deck with too many expensive things?

It's hilarious when you see people treat commander like a format where they can literally do nothing for the first six turns and then fall over and die or whine at any early aggression.
>>
>>55754538
Hour of Devastation. Indestructible is annoying as fuck, and you can add damage to the turn to kill some fatass gods or avacyn with it too.
>>
>>55756187
Knew this would happen the moment they started printing all those "creature or planeswalker" burn spells that couldn't hit players.
>>
>>55762688
I was browsing magicgards.info and gonna ask about this, too. Really neat, I'm getting excited about this
>>
>>55754538

More people should be playing devastation, that card is amazing
>>
Are you madman enough to illusionary mask a scornful egotist?
>>
>>55757791

This card seems pretty dece besides the initial 5 mana do nothing investment. I like that you can steal your opponents spells from they yard
>>
>>55762383
Hand size matters.dec
Play Primespeaker Zeganna, Multani, Overbeing of Myth, Aeon Chronicler, Psychosis Crawler, etc.
>>
>>55762383
In the 99 for UG Ezuri
>>
File: come at me, bruh.jpg (713 KB, 1000x727)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>Thread Question
I don't think I really have a definite favorite but my favorite current artist is still probably Chris Rahn. Noah Bradley, Howard Lyon, Steve Prescott, and Bastien Lecouffe Deharme are other current artists I'm really into.

The list of artists is really too big for me to dig into the past roster of artists and find a favorite because there's just a lot of good art from all over the place.
>>
New Thread

>>55763664
>>55763664
>>55763664
>>55763664
>>
>>55760834
>He doesn't just use 201 Emrakul's
What are you, too poor for a multiple thousands of dollars casual commander combo?
>>
File: currentdecks.png (2.03 MB, 928x1328)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>>55752140
still working on big blue
>>
>>55762326
>his
>>
>>55761727

I don't run much lifegain so I can just do 2 spindowns

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.