[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: IMG_1230.gif (2 KB, 432x216)
2 KB
2 KB GIF
What's the most Irish thing you ever did in a game?
>>
/int/ and/or /pol/ whatever get out
>>
>>55754085
Agreed.

>>55754062
Nothing, I'm not a racist stereotype of the Irish, who have a rich and fascinating culture and don't deserve to be reduced to "lol drunk people" stereotypes.
>>
Played a leprechaun trickster who befuddled and swindled his way across the land with illusionary gold and fanciful stories.
>>
>>55754062
Blew up a truck full of soldiers
>>
Got into a drinking contest with a gnome, a catfolk and an Aasimar, came out on top.
>>
I played a tall dwarf.
>>
>>55754103
We've reached a point where to troll somebody you have to act like a kind and compassionate person. We've truly come full circle.
>>
>>55754062
Ate a potato.
>>
Died of famine
>>
>>55754062
I once played a bard from Breland
Who traveled the world with his band
He drank every night
And got into fights
And skipped town after knocking up a stagehand
>>
>>55754062
I'm always Irish in all my games.
>>
>>55754062
Ruined everything
>>
>>55754062
Arrived to the session drunk, threw up on the table.
>>
File: golfclap.gif (1.85 MB, 450x345)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
>>55754486
>>
>>55754103
t. paddy o'brien
>>
Blew up a car, killed nobody
>>
>>55754062
got pregnant
>>
>>55754062

Harshly admonished a girl for having a rear that was, in my personal estimation, too large.
>>
>>55754062
Didn't eat a potato
>>
So what's the /tg/ scene like in Ireland anyway? I imagine that it's pretty lively up in Dublin, but down here in Cork there's maybe, like, a single store?

Is Other Realms still open? Haven't been there in years.
>>
File: 100368305484.jpg (86 KB, 472x600)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>55754103
Sure you do, mick.
>>
>>55754103
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
Fifteen minute rambling character introduction lost to time.

Also secret drinking.
>>
A Wyatt Mann memeing aside, despite whether or not I have "muh heritage", I probably have no similarities with the Irish, at least common stereotypes. There may be some obscure shit that I don't know about.
I guess I've thought about making a plucky fighter PC that carries around trinkets of good luck and exploits luck-manipuation mechanics, but that could easily apply to being Japanese, Chinese, or a lot of other cultures.
>>
>>55754154

Underappreciated. The Irish have spent centuries killing every side of every war in the Western Hemisphere, and a fair sight of 'em in Europe.
>>
Played a character that starved to death.
>>
>>55754841
>>55754255

Wonder what the Irish ate before potatoes were brought to Ireland.
>>
>>55754062
I'm not a retarded drunk so I can't be irish.
>>
>>55754062
had a drinking contest with a waifish elf woman woke up in her bedroom
>>
>>55754062
Died from hunger because our crops were blighted.
>>
>>55754062
Starve
>>
>>55754062
Died after a leprechaun hid a bomb in my potato.
>>
>>55755122
Top kek
>>
Got drunk with the DMPC and we vomited so much that the tavern began to fill up with vomit and we floated out of it on a table like a rowboat
>>
Had red skin
>>
>be me
>move into house with other travelers
>one roommate is an Irishman
>thickest accent I ever heard
>skittish, rarely seen
>short little fellow

Is my roommate a leprechaun, /tg/? What are my next steps?
>>
>>55755256
I'm sorry for her...
>>
Got drunk, got in a bar fight, took the redheaded bar wench upstairs and had a threesome with her and the guy I'd fought, vomited in the middle of the bed, passed out, woke up, found out the bar wench had deliberately set that guy up to fight me so I beat the hell out of her, left, got killed that day in a religious war.
>>
>>55755584
>buggering a man
>Irish

Sure hope you're joking, cara.
>>
>>55755608
>thinks a MMF requires buggery

You are a sad, sad, little homosexual.
>>
>>55755564
Capture him so you can steal his gold.
>>
caused a crop blight and embargoed the island
>>
>>55755564

When you say traveler, do you mean that he's a member of the traveling community? Steal his gold.
>>
>>55755690
That's a anglo thing
>>
We literally once stole an experimental submarine, then didn't know how to pilot it because we killed the creator on accident.
>>
>>55754103
Rich history of drinking and beating their wives.
>>
>>55755701
as in we're both on working holidays in Australia

Don't you need to capture leprechauns to get their gold? What kind of trap works best?
>>
>>55755785
>Don't you need to capture leprechauns to get their gold? What kind of trap works best?
>>
>>55755785

"Traveling Community" carries a specific connotation in Ireland. Plant a trail of whiskey shots leading to a pint of Guinness under a box trap for him.
>>
>>55754062
Got black out drunk and the DM said I fucked a dog.
>>
>>55754085
>>55754103
Have some fun you fucking uptight faggots
>>
Got black out drunk at the table and punched another player. They kicked me out after two more sessions.
>>
>>55755904

Fuck you. You can't "make" me have fun.
>>
>>55754865
There's a GW and an FLGS called Gamers' World in the city centre and according to one of the lads in my group there are other places that rent spaces to run games and such in, but they're all a rip off.
There are a bunch of people who play but not much of a "scene", at least not one that I'd be plugged into. The front room is the ideal place to play anyway.
>>
>>55754103
All the Irish I've talked to online call me either a nigger or Steve. My name is not Steve.
>>
>>55756024
Steve
>>
I find it curious that the Irish, who are famous for potatoes and drinking massive amounts of alcohol, are not known for any kind of Vodka.
>>
File: Sergeantpaddy.jpg (12 KB, 230x219)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>
>>55754062
Hacked off the top of a mountain in one blow.
>>
>>55756114
I take it you're not familiar with poitín then?
>>
>>55754486
But that doesn't fit the limerick scheme
>>
>>55755187
Mostly dairy, it's why there's so many Irish myths involving cattle raids, shit was important.
>>
>>55754062
Filmed an irish spring commercial while beating a man to death in our shower.
>>
>>55756024
Shut the fuck up, Steve.
>>
File: Just Fairy Things.png (428 KB, 500x502)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
Y'know.... normal Sidhe stuff...
>>
>>55756923
Sorry I tried. In my defense I'm pretty drunk
>>
I accidentally knee'd myself in the chin trying to pick up a map.
>>
>>55755785
What city, Anon?
>>
I'm Irish, I live in Ireland, we play games in the pub.
>>
Played a Strontium Dog game as a back-alley luchadore wrestler known only as the Shankhill Felcher. We invaded Stormont and ousted the anti-mutie govt with poteen and petrol bombs, some of which may also have been poteen.
>>
File: pol.jpg (327 KB, 900x900)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>
File: 6ec.jpg (91 KB, 767x575)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>55754154
>>
>>55755926
That should be on one of the site page banners.
>>
>>55754865
Its gotten huge mate, other realms is dying a slow abd painfull death but there's 2 new games stores after opening, a warhammer store and a general lgs. Theres also a bunch of boardgame nights and rpg nights being hosted in the hipster bars.

Feels good man
>>
>>55754103
>Live on an island surrounded by water and fish
>Starve because no potato
What did you mean by this?
>>
File: 1504024258346.png (422 KB, 950x960)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
Flying kicked a Radical Inquisitor out of a hive spire window. Never meant to make a Space Potato, but he grew into one throughout the campaign.

> uses grappling kit to tether ankle to brass pew
>"Bork? why are you doing this?"
>"You'll see"
> Explain my intention to the group GM is hesitant.
> "hmm, Anon are you sure this would fit the character of Bork?"
> "well he comes from a feudal world and you allowed me to imbibe liqueur to shrug off a flesh wound"
> "Jesus Fucking Christ. . .FINE, allowed"
> Dodge autocannon fire, hit Inquisitor, make the roll for breaking reinforced window, Inquisitor fails dexterity roll to grab onto ledge.
> "BORK!"
> Retinue mop up remaining heretics
> Crawl out of shattered window.
> "Has a bit of a kick to it, Amsec *smacks lips"

Know this is similar to an old greentext, but I swear this happened independently, years before I first saw it.
>>
>>55759480
Because it was genocide. If you ate the fish or didnt hand your crops over to the British you'd be hanged.
>>
Left without giving notice
>>
I've hit several women during my games. Non of them were my character's wife however. Does it still count?
>>
>>55759635
>tfw I figure out he didn't write 'on' between 'hit' and 'several' & the cheering comes to a screeching halt ...
>>
>>55754062
Me and my entire group are Irish. So it is pretty easy.
>>
>>55759497
>Irish fairy tales
>>
>>55756024
Nigger Steve! It's been too long m8
>>
Moved to a new place and got a job as a cop.
>>
>>55754062

Spent all my money on potatoes and then died from starvation when blight hit them.
>>
>>55754062
pol on tg? Damn, you people must be getting bored or something.

I just spend my time enjoying myself and my career. Not much else to do.
>>
File: Sheperds Prayer.jpg (136 KB, 736x552)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Me and a friend of mine played a pair of Gun powder inquisitor brothers in a pf game.
>>
>>55754062
Die of starvation
>>
>>55755565
>tfw french and 16cm
>>
>>55755187
Snakes, that lead to another unfortunate famine.
>>
I got drunk
>>
Killed some Englishmen, then some Irishmen, then more Englishmen.
>>
I've [car-bombed] the [colonial power] of my setting.

Because they deserved it.
>>
>>55754062
>Cthulhu d20
>Play male journalist. Work for shitty fake spoopy magazine in hopes of finding the real shit.
>Get drugged and raped by a redhead girl who is a diehard fan of the magazine.
>>
>>55755061
Except they were neutral in WWII. The one war worth fighting and that's the one they choose to sit out.
>>
>>55755565
>tfw below all of these
>>
>>55761555
because they were recovering from the brits bombing them for trying to be independent
and hating the brits so much they were thinking about letting the nazis launch at attack the uk from irish soil
fuck we hate the brits so much
>800 YEARS OF MURDERING BRITISH CUNTS ON OUR LAND RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
>>
>>55759457
What about this thread is /pol/? We're discussing a nation's culture and how it relates to characters we've played. Are you so chickenshit that even the simple mention of a country causes you to shiver in your booties for fear of the /pol/ack?
>>
>>55761602
Because letting the Germans do that would basically sign the death warrent for Ireland.

You know the British sentiment for the Irish has always been the wayward brother refusing progress.

You really wouldn't have wanted to actually make enemies of the British proper.
>>
I've got a guy who gets drunk on every single session I run.
>>
File: 1498477960921.png (392 KB, 487x457)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
>>55754865
It really tickles me that a lot of RPGs and TV series use Belfast accents as a typical "Rough townsfolk" accent. DnD nights here are good craic desu, never had an encounter with any 'that guy's.

Skellige in TW3 killed me
>>
File: 1505221311022.jpg (47 KB, 371x348)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
What part of Ireland are you from, lads, and what effect do the little intricacies of your county culture/accent have on your /tg/?

Don't let this fucking thinly-veiled /pol/ shite take over the thread
>>
blew up the british museum
>>
>>55762419
>what effect do the little intricacies of your county accent have on your /tg/?
Cad atá tú ag caint, anaithnid? An bhfuil an-ait blas agatsa, nach bhfuil fhíos ar do ghrúpa?
>>
>>55754062
Shitposted about Sersh yes, within the game
>>
>>55761555
There is an interesting History with Ireland during the war.

The government was officially neutral but they secretly shared info with the British.

What would later be known as the IRA made contact with Nazi Germany and tried to encourage them to invade, in a plan known as "operation green"

A few political parties saw the success of fascism in mainland Europe and tried to mimic their tactics, with uniforms, rallies and salutes.

Meanwhile plenty of Irish people joined the British army to fight in the war, they were even trained and deployed from Dublin. After the war however, they were disowned by the British and Irish governments and treated like shit for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>55762419
Im from Cork.
I speak Irish as a stand in fantasy language when an NPC speaks something other than "common".
>>
>>55763333
Scottish islander here, do the same thing, but in Scottish. Wish I recorded my American players' faces the first time I did it. Still gives me a giggle remembering it.
>>
Married a Catholic, fucked a Protestant, and proved that, just like Jesus, I'm too hung to be a Jew.
>>
File: pip.png (155 KB, 936x590)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>55755565
TFW hungarian and have 17cm

GET READY FOR THE BHC EUROKEKS
>>
>>55763333
I've considered doing this in PbP, but spelling all the words phonetically so no one can use Google Translate.
>>
File: yA8u8rJ.png (250 KB, 716x716)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>55755565
>>55763621
MFW German and beating the average by 4.5.
>>
>>55755565
This cant be right, According to this im above average but I've never gotten a compliment for it.
>>
>>55754062
Made a character in the homebrew game at the rpg club in highschool. His name was Gilpatrick O'Toole, he was a baker who specialized in magic meat pies and his main weapon was a potato masher. Literally all of my stat points I dumped in Luck. Because his homebrew was shit (I know, it's a tautology.) Luck was op though we only found out after I had run Gilpatrick through a few sessions and he kept critting on nearly every check, including those outside of his profession/class. After that the GM made me redistribute two thirds of my stat points out of Luck.
>>
>>55763875
Size doesn't equal skill anon
>>
>>55763299
To be fair, they were disowned by the British because the hammerdown of Irish-American money during the cold war effectively made Ireland an Anti-British proxy state almost from the get go.

Plastic paddies have been poison against British-irish relations for decades.
>>
Better yet just use ogham
>>
>>55764155
intended for>>55763771
>>
>>55756351
>implying you played as Ulric
>>
>>55755565
I am gonna save this if I wanna derail a thread.
>>
>>55764427
Cunning
>>
>>55763994
Oh yeah, its not a popular fact in Ireland but as soon as foreign money got involved, the "struggle" turned from a legit civil war into a money spinning meat grinder on both sides.
Its not a War that is meant to be won, just continued for the sake of those in power.
>>
>>55754062
Played paladin.
Burned down church of slightly different branch of pelor faith.
Built a church on the rubble.
Had it burned down.
Good times.
I am Irish, so it's a bit difficult to judge.
>>
>>55754062
I won a fistfight due only to the fact that I was drunk and wearing a big woolly sweater.
>>
>>55755565
lol, I thought this was impressive until I realized it wasn't in inches.
>>
File: 1507433130650.png (225 KB, 960x640)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>55764427
>>55764996
step up your game
>>
>>55768159
Nice.
>>
>>55754062
I trained a goat to use a crossbow so he would protect my alcohol store.

Which was barrels of whiskey strapped to the goat.
>>
>>55754062
Win in the end.
>>
Played a halfling rogue called Conall Stickyfingers.
>>
>>55754255
>>55754257
>>55754580
>>55754653
>>55754841
>>55755394
>>55761098
>>55755413

Came here to post these, y'all beat me to it.

/thread




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.