[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1507705363448_trimmed.png (1.05 MB, 1080x1704)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
How is age of sigmar doing. Finally got some friends to go to gw with me and one of them wants to play Seraphon (he's a weirdo that likes reptiles). I normally do 40k but always kinda wanted to do aos. Is it popular/growing enough to be worth investing in an army?
>>
>>55808903
I heard the setting was shit, but the rules are fun.
>>
the game itself and your own armies are fantastic, but the lore and world itself is gash.

pick a faction with a 'battletome' and you'll be satisfied.

its very geared towards you creating your own setting and army theme, rather than giving you characters to play. think D&D but with an army.

there is lore and books etc but tis all stormcast, who are truly truly bad (and not bad as in badass).
>>
>>55809267
Eh, not ALL of it. There's some Chaos and Undead material here and there (Call of Archaon for example), and the "Legends of the Age of Sigmar" books explicitly focus on whatever faction is on the cover. So far, those books are Black Rift (a Stormcast one, you'll avoid it), Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, and Skaven Pestilens.
>>
>>55808903
Depends on your area. I heard it's dead in continental Europe, and not really popular in the US. A bit more in the UK.

The game and the armies are mostly unfinished, with a sliver of hope it will get better in the future.
>>
>>55808903
I heard that even though it's more popular than fantasy, it isn't the success they expected and in contrast 40k is in it's all time pike of popularity and for those reasons GW will try to give AOS one last chance to improve or pull the plug to focus on the more popular games GW currently have.
>>
>>55809708
its been doing pretty well around melbourne australia. Mostly new gamers.
The grognards all moved to warmahordes, but PPs handling of mk3 basically killed the game here so the grognards aren't playing much of anything fantasy.
>>
>>55809964
Here it's pretty dead. T9A and KoW are doing well, however, but there was a big WHFB scene so they just jumped over to the alternatives.
>>
>>55809964
I'm my area is pretty much the opposite, AOS is pretty much non existent and Fantasy is getting more popular, I have some spare SCE I was gifted and I'm planning to use warriors of chaos+empire to use them.
>>
>>55810076
I have a SCE I got a painting initiation, I want to use it as some sort of armored half-ogre and use him as a unit filler.
>>
>>55808903
If you gets into it, you better stick your minis on square bases, just in case GW scraps the game.
>>
>>55810118
>Squares
Why even live
>>
>>55810708
Well, most of the successful games around here use square bases, and AoS is base agnostic. So better use square.
>>
In the UK its popular. Every GW store seems to have a weekly AOS night, and the are more tournaments than you could possibly hope to attend.

I guess in other countries it has not reached that level where games are available willy nilly with a variety of opponents.

Other countries are more anti-semitic than the UK, so I guess its more of a big deal elsewhere that stormcast are jewish.
>>
>>55809964
What's PP been doing with MK3? I haven't kept up with it since it first launched.
>>
>>55810867
Slavposter stop trying to force your meme.
>>
>>55810867
>stormcast are Jewish

Literally only slavposter uses that stupid meme
>>
>>55810867
What is a GW store, I though GW only has this big web store. Or GW stores, those stores that sell and run GW games?
>>
>>55811127
well aside for jews and arabs no one else believes that souls can be reforged. If we could check , if they were circumcised, we would be 100% sure.
>>
>>55811145
They're literally einherjar with art deco designs
>>
>>55809931
Well since they toned down on the new releases the sales tanked. Same as WFB.
>>
>>55811178
bull. oneyears were man, and they couldn't come back over and over again. In fact if they died the second time it was the end for them. Soul reforging on the other hand is the base why half the chasidic community is ok with abortion, because the claim of god just reforging the soul of fetus over and over again.
>>
>>55808903
>How is age of sigmar doing
Not so good apparently. Haven't seen a game being played in ages personally.
>>
Literally depends on the area, especially after 40k stol AoS niche.
>>
Not very well sadly. It's not really a good time to get into.
>>
>>55810938
basically they just shit the bed PR wise with their updated rules.
they handled complaints poorly just blameing players for doing it wrong or just denying things were a problem but later releasing errata for the clearly broken faction they claimed was super balanced and playtested (skorne).

it was probably compounded by poor timing as this went down while GW was fixing its PR leading up to 8e 40k.
>>
>>55811231
>Because Stormcast get reincarnated, they are now Jews.

Actually Slavposter, the way Stormcast reincarnate but with less and less each time fits more in with Dharmic beliefs of Hindu and Jianism.

Jews don't believe in reincarnation.
>>
>>55812037
Nobody is saying that they are actual jews, it is merely being pointed out that jewishness is clearly one of the inspirations behind the concept of stormcast. Which is fine, designers take inspiration from all sorts of ancient cultures, why not the jews?
>>
>>55812090
No it's not Slavposter.

You literally have no leg to stand on and you're just eternally butthurt nobody but you spams your Jew meme.

There is literally nothing from Stormcast that can in any way be inspired by Jews.

As always your Inbred Baltic mind literally does not understand how much of a moron you sound.
>>
>>55812037
>Jews don't believe in reincarnation
>who druze are?
>>
>>55812141
He isn't Slavposter
>>
>>55810867

GW stores aren't very good metrics at the end of the day.

They are a controlled environment and will make people there play what they want them to to an extent.

Generally speaking it's mostly kids, and a few adults, who either don't know about or don't have access to an independent club/store or a table at their own home.

>tfw you introduced a bunch of kids to mordheim one holiday and got banned from playing it because the area manager asked why the store wasn't hitting their holiday campaign games played target
>>
>>55808903
It's not really growing, even shrinking since the new 40K edition hit the shelves.
>>
>>55812141
but balts are not slavic. To give you a comperation, it would be like calling an inuit a hispanic.
>>
>>55812141
I'm not sure what a slavposter is desu. But anyway, I'm not sure why jewish things get you so offended. Do you get sand in your vagina every time other ancient cultures might have influenced fantasy armies? How do you feel about Spartans?
>>
>>55812500
Because the only reference to Jews in Stormcast is Slavposter using /pol/ tier shitty memes because he's butthurt about WHFB.

>>55812280
>Very specific Abrahamic faith
>Compared to Jainism and Hinduism.

It's literally nothing but shitposting But go ahead, point out the Jewish Influences in them.
>>
>>55812539
Stormcast are clearly based on Archangel Michael, a winged angel guy in gold armor that fought against satan himself during a war in heaven, and is described as the protector of israel, and is particularly popular amongst jews. He led armies of men against evil spirits.
>>
>>55812539
>Because the only reference to Jews in Stormcast is Slavposter
Nope, you idiot, I have nothing to do with Jew-posting anon
>>Very specific Abrahamic faith
Yet still they also believed in blessed warriors of chosen people
>>
>>55812786
>The Entire army of Stormcasts is based on Archangel Michael

If that were true, they'd have flaming swords, which they do not.

>>55812798
Which are not Stormcast, as Stormcast are not picky about "Chosen people"

I'm convinced it's Slavposter starting all of these AoS threads, as they all start and end the same and all contain the same bad grammar and Jewposting.
>>
>>55812823
>Which are not Stormcast,
Yes, but we talked about reincarnation in abraamic religions.
>as Stormcast are not picky about "Chosen people"
People of Azyrheim, no?
>I'm convinced it's Slavposter starting all of these AoS threads,
You are wrong anon
>>
>>55812884
>Constantly greentexts
>Constantly spells shit wrong
>Constantly goes on about "Jews"

Yes, you're Slavposter. The fact that you are so inately butthurt you constantly try to misrepresent the Stormcast in such childishly stupid ways shows How you're the same slope brained Proto-Russian Who cannot let his own stupid memes die.

There are no Chosen People, People of Azyrhiem are refugees taken in by Sigmar, but the Stormcast were specifically made NOT to protect Azyrheim, they were created to strike out against Chaos and free the Realms from Chaos.

I mean fuck me

>Azyrheim

The constant Nordic overtones of the Stormcast are blatantly obvious, yet you Constantly drag everything down to your /pol/ grade stupidity

Do the world a favor slavposter, Shut up, you're stupid and contribute nothing but impotent passive aggressive butthurt.
>>
>>55812927
>Yes, you're Slavposter.
And I'am not the anon who posting jew-pictures.
>, they were created to strike out against Chaos and free the Realms from Chaos.
So just like after WW2?
>The constant Nordic overtones of the Stormcast are blatantly obvious, yet you Constantly drag everything down to your /pol/ grade stupidity
Stupid nigger, it was joke about "chosen people" in setting.
>>
>>55812981
Yes you are.

You are literally dragging out and grasping at the further straws you can ever find to try and find some connection to jews.

Because you are a stupid flat headed Slav who literally cannot understand anything said to you.

Literally all you can do to tie Stormcast to Jews is vague Analogues that could be contributed to fucking everything; ignoring their two biggest, Literally the most obvious fucking Inspirations are Norse Mythology, Complete with fucking Sigmar as the Odin expy. And fucking Art Deco Design, right down to the fucking Goldenrod wing designs.

You know WHERE the Jew Analogues come from? Your shitty /pol/ pictures Slavshitter.

End yourself, you have no fucking argument. I could literally draw more parallels to Japanese Mythology than you can to Jews.
>>
>>55813060
>Yes you are.
Nope, and you are just butthurt, because someone mocking your golden boys in blue.
>Literally the most obvious fucking Inspirations are Norse Mythology,
Except their design.
But I agree, most obvious inspiration was pop version on Norse mythology (like Thor movies) + multiracial gender neutrality.
>End yourself, you have no fucking argument.
So as you.
>>
>>55808903
In my area it was lively a few months ago, but it died pretty quickly.
>>
>>55808903
It's doing okay. It will not be as popular as 40k ever, but it's got it's pool of players. Not as many as WFB at it's absolute height, but probably more than 8th ed had players.
>>
>>55813110
>Multiracial gender neutrality
>They have fucking sculpted pecs and tits as well as LITERAL male and female faces for helmets

See Slavshitter, you fall onto your stupid /pol/ buzzwords and stupidity.

And yes, I do have an argument, because I proved all your supidity wrong.

Do you want me to show you the Japanese Analogues? Because it'll fucking wreck your Jew Argument.
>>
>>55813060
Friendly reminder, the slavposter is a Czech, literally the cuckistan of Europe.
>>
>>55813110
>Their Design.

Pretty much Enlightenment-style Romans and Greeks turn into big chunky metal men dude.

You can't actually draw much Christian Imagery from them.

Stormcast are quite obviously designed to avoid as much Gothic design as possible.
>>
File: 14876905342780.jpg (104 KB, 920x950)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>55813142
>your stupid /pol/ buzzwords and stupidity.
>sigmarines including both females and males no matter of their skin colour
Remind me, where exactly I was wrong?
>I do have an argument
Such as..?
>>55813211
>Enlightenment
>Romans and Greeks
>full plate
>MMO shields and weapon
Anon, please, you are hurting me.
>Stormcast are quite obviously designed to avoid as much Gothic design as possible.
More like they designed to avoid low-fantasy design as possible
>>
>>55813269
>Doubles down on memes and buzzwords
>Forgets what the word "Inspired" means

>Thinks Black people and Women should suddenly be except from being Magical lightning men for reasons.

Slavposter, you can't even deny being the little /pol/tard you always were.

Being Reforged as a Stormcast literally Equals all playing fields, All people are chosen for is their Hatred and willingness to stand against Chaos.

You could have been a 8 foot ubermensch who hated chaos or a 2 foot tall Pygmy retard who hated chaos, Stormcast are all made the same.
>>
>>55813269
Man you must really have hated 40k. The catachans must have given you an blood clot.
>>
>>55813306
>>Forgets what the word "Inspired" means
Okay, where exactly they re inspired? And where exactly it's more closer to Romand and Greek than to picrelated.
>>Thinks Black people and Women should suddenly be except from being Magical lightning men for reasons.
Lolwut? Where the fuck I ever talked about reasons? What in you posts contradicts with my >>55813110
>multiracial gender neutrality.
?
Or you just butthurt about mentioning of these words?
>>
>>55813326
>Man you must really have hated 40k.
Why?
>>
>>55813350
The fact that you try and lump buzzwords on them like they're bad shows your intent of those Buzzwords slavshitter.

Also, Where exactly is it more closer to Roman and Greek?

>Storm Gladii
>Tower shields
>The little skirts of Leather strips
>Constant mentioning of Legions
>the Quasi-Greek sounding names.

Stormcast are basically the Enlightenment counter to the Space Marines Gothic.
>>
>>55810076

This. Total Warhammer (and to a lesser extent Vermintide before it) brought a lot of people my LGS and groups of friends who were interested, most give up after finding out what happened, but still a few stick through it.

Had they just done a revamp to the rules, kept the setting and actually pushed some marketing / models for fantasy instead of ignoring / ditching it i think they could have ridden a bigger wave than what AoS is surely costing them.

GW is always one step forward two steps back, must have got blinded by that copyrighting potential i guess.
>>
>>55813385
Oh and I forgot the Horsehair style plumes on the helmets

Sculpted Abs on the armor

Anything else obviously Hellenic or Roman?
>>
>>55813406
>He thinks AoS is costing them anything
>Muh Total War
>Muh Copyright

Go back to /Whfb/ and play with Proxy minis as always scum.
>>
>>55813428
Well ofc, now that Warlord does better State Troops than GW ever did, or that AoW does better chaos as well, it's pretty easy.
>>
>>55813452
And you then wonder why GW killed off WHFB.

Also no, they don't.

People who use Historicals for the Empire are just poorfags.

People who use AoW only buy the heroes, because the Multiparts are gorilla armed invalids.

My Empire friend does nothing but use Empire models, because he adores the Fantasy design.
>>
>>55813408
Lion theme. Both Romans and Greeks loved their lion theme for heroes (no surprise, since it was the most fearsome european animal of the time)
>>
>>55813428

Compared to just printing a new rule book, i'd say new moulds and the necessary larger marketing push an entire new game needs over one they have had established for years it undoubtedly cost them something. And the vidya is introducing loads of people to the setting they nuked, free advertising in tandem to what they might need to push a 'retooled WHFB.' And one of the main motivating factors of AoS was clearly copyrighting.

Why you heff be mad? I'm not even shitting on age of sigmar, just pointing out 1.) what i'm seeing in my local community and 2.) basic logic.
>>
>>55808935
The game isn't bad. But holy shit rolling who goes first each round was the worst idea ever.
>>
>>55813452
>Literally proves the reason why WHFB was killed off.
>>
>>55813385
>lump buzzwords on them
Where the fuck I've used buzzwords, if they are perfectly fitting SCE fluff?
>>Tower shields
Okay, show me roman or greek shild which look like SCE.
>>Storm Gladii
Existing in shitton of fantasy settings along with broadswords.
>>Constant mentioning of Legions
>>the Quasi-Greek sounding names.
>Sculpted Abs on the armor
>Anything else obviously Hellenic or Roman?
Blood angels and Adeptus Astartes Legions.
>>
>>55813526
Because GW released shit minis for 10 years?
>>
>>55813517
I mean one of the Stormcast characters in the Books is literally supposed to be a Greek hero, complete with huge Ego, As by word of the Author.
>>
>>55813548
I mean, one of them is named Hamilcar ffs. Not that I'd expect our slavfag friend to recognize the name.
>>
>>55813507
>And you then wonder why GW killed off WHFB.
Because they fucked up rules, balance and prices?
>My Empire friend does nothing but use Empire models,
How to spot WAAC player.
>>55813526
He named only one army, retard.
>>
>>55813570
>WAAC player for Empire
>When he uses Demigryphs and other Fantastical monsters

You what? WAAC Empire is Massed State troops and cannons.

>Fucked up Balance rules and prices

Blame Alessio for those amazing Balance trends.

>He named only one army

He named two.
>>
>>55813535
You know Blood Angels are ALSO based on Enlightenment and Renaissance designs right?

>Slavshitter STILL doesn't understand what "Inspired by" means
>>
>>55813428
I mean it is pretty weird that they licensed a fantasy game when they already knew they were going to end the setting. Total Warhammer is really popular and would have almost certainly drawn a large influx of new players to Fantasy if they hadn’t literally just destroyed the Old World. It’s pretty clearly a major missed opportunity.
>>
File: 1506477575155.jpg (67 KB, 1024x576)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
/tg/ is unable to have an objective debate about Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>55813667
Despite the Anecdotal evidence, the turnover hasn't been massive.

The setting ending was simple, They ran out of ideas.

As a Dwarf Player, the 8e Release was proof of that.

What would they release for 9e? Plastic slayers? We'd have every fucking unit ever then and it just goes downhill.

I mean were you here to see the utter gigantic BUTTHURT when the Demigryphs were released?

AoS is fanatstic because it expunged people like that from the community wholesale.
>>
>>55813667
Which would encounter a toxic, hateful community of grognards that did noting but design WAAC ECT lists and shit on GW online. Removing that part of the fanbase was a very sensible move, even if they miss out on some new customers.
>>
>>55811136
How would GW have functioned in 1987 if it only had a webstore?
>>
>>55813603
>monster cavalry
>not WAAC in 8thy edition

>Blame Alessio for those amazing Balance trends.
Except it was Ward who designed rulebook and elves armybooks, and Kelly who made Vampire Counts.

>He named two.
Oh yes, I forget about brets who wasn't supported since 6th edition.

>>55813626
>You know Blood Angels are ALSO based on Enlightenment and Renaissance designs right?
You know, that most of all Blood Angels, are SPACE MARINES?
Also, any answers why this picture >>55813350
looks more simmilar to SCE armor >>55813269 than any of real Roman or Greek armor?
>>
>>55813667
I would have agreed with you, but Literally 2 years ago I wanted to start a Tomb Kings Army and these are my responses from WHFB.

>Don't, They suck and have no Proxies, Play Elves using these WAAC lists or just buy perry minis for Empire.
>>
>>55813711
yes, I remember. These people were pillars of the community and newfags like you need to be shown that they are not welcome. I bet you like the new Star Wars, too
>>
>>55813711
I think the dedication to the canon and IP was a huge detriment to Warhammer as a tabletop game.
>>
>>55813711
>What would they release for 9e?
I really wanted to see Southlands dorfs.
>>55813711
>I mean were you here to see the utter gigantic BUTTHURT when the Demigryphs were released?
Because people expected new knights, instead of WoW.
>>
>>55813789
>People expected a releases of an Old kit to be boring and dull
>Instead of a totally understood Fantastical element.

See, that is why WHFB died, the fanbase were literally Historical fags who joined in 6e and thought the setting was "Low magic" forgetting the Empire was founded by Jesus-Conan who killed a thousand Orcs with the jawbone of an Ass and then wrestled with Nega-Jesus powered by the Super Satan Bros.

>>55813744
Hello, I am the Archaic Era, Where Bronze Armor was fucking silly.
>>
>>55813711
It's a shame that a lot of the new ideas for Age of Sigmar are objectively worse. I definitely also don't like that they are trying to do ongoing stories in the settings with the special characters, because there's no way in hell that I'm gonna keep up with that soap opera.
>>
>>55813845
>Special characters

Wat? AoS isn't Special character driven at all.

We have like 5 special characters at the most and very few of them are Specifically Plot Driving.
>>
>>55813711
>I mean were you here to see the utter gigantic BUTTHURT when the Demigryphs were released?

I just didn't like the art design for them. They looked way to over the top and flamboyant for my taste.
>>
>>55813837
>totally understood
nigga, if I want to play high fantasy, I go to the High Elves. If I want to play low fantasy, I go to the Empire. Shitting on that distinction is what showed us that GW did not care anymore about its fanbase
>>
>>55813878
Well, I haven't kept up with the fluff because it was shit. I just remember Sigmar and his Justice League having ongoing stories or something.
>>
>>55813837
>>People expected a releases of an Old kit to be boring and dull
Nope, you idiot, people wanted to see awesome models of cool knights in gothic armor.
>the fanbase were literally Historical fags
>ignoring the elves popularity

>forgetting the Empire was founded by Jesus-Conan
More like Conan-Martell who funded HRE.
>Hello, I am the Archaic Era,
Hello, you are shitty cosplayer, post actual armor (especially hands, seriosuly, if it's you armor, then fix it)
>>
>>55813954
They do have ongoing stories, but only a handful of characters make it to the tabletop. It's usually one, two per army tops, and not all battletomes have them.
>>
>>55813978
Literally look up Archaic era Armor, it's all a laugh.

And also pretty much the Inspiration for Stormcast.
>>
>>55814017
I guess it's not as bad as I thought it was then. Although, I still can't get hyped about anything they do in the setting.

The most interesting thing they did so far is the Flesh Eater Courts and I still think that they completely botched that one by giving everyone silly names.

The typical trend for modern GW writing seems to be that they have a cool idea and then fucks it up in the execution of it.
>>
>>55813954
You mean the Other Gods?

Man that is literally the "And Zeus Banished the titans" tier Myth backstory in the fluff.

Firestorm has the cities of Order founded and culture flourishing, and the other Factions wanting to destroy/corrupt them.
>>
>>55814099
>And also pretty much the Inspiration for Stormcast.
Except it doesn;t looks like SCE, from head to shield
>>
>>55814134
You know Stormcast also have round shields.

They also look much better WITH the round spears.
>>
>>55814162
>You know Stormcast also have round shields.
Then why do you start from
>Tower shields
?
>They also look much better WITH the round spears.
Except their armor
>>
>>55814184
Because the Tower Shields are Romanesque.

And before you Sperg, I mean they are inspired, not "Literally taken from X thing" like you seem to assume Inspired means.

Face it, I have produced far more evidience for this than you have for Jews.
>>
File: img02.jpg (79 KB, 366x902)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>55814296
>Because the Tower Shields are Romanesque.
Because..?
>I mean they are inspired
Irrelevant because we have more closer examples.
>>
>>55814356
Large flat topped tower shield.

True enough it's shaped a little more like a kite shield, but far larger.

It's more generic fantasy style, but JUST the shield design cannot debunk the entire inspiration.
>>
>>55814296
Honestly, Stormcast looks like Greeco-Roman aesthetics spliced with Art Deco.
>>
>>55814415
That's exactly what I think too.

But Slavposter brings up Jews, for literally no reason that because he's an edgy little /pol/let
>>
>>55814406
>the entire inspiration.
Your entire inspiration based on few unrelated elements, while the whole armor looks more closer to generic fantasy posted here >>55813350

>GW even tried to imitate their names
>>
>>55814436
He is just sperging out. I find it to be best to not feed him with the attention he desires so much.
>>
>>55814441
>GW even tried to imitate their names

Of what? Because Stormcast names all sound Greco-Roman.

Face it Slavshitter, you have no fucking arguments left.
>>
I think one of my least favourite things about the setting is that there are just 8 kinds of worlds.
>>
>>55814482
They're not very limited in their scope.

Firestorm has half the cities that sprung up in the realm of Fire, all set down along the same coastline.

Anvilmar a City ruled by mostly Dark Elf Pirates and Drakespawn ( Cold ones ) riders is surrounded by a sweltering jungle. Makes me think of Morrowind almost.
>>
>>55808903
I've seen more people playing it than I ever saw playing fantasy. I guess it depends where you live, I guess.
>>55813525
Some people like the added tactical depth required for contigency planning if you don't make the roll. Or you can house rule it out. I don't have a preference myself.
>>
>>55814469
>Of what?
>Sromwind army are the posterboys of Alliance army named Stormlords wears gold and blue
>GW naming their gold and blue posteboys in the same-looking armor Stormcasts

>Face it Slavshitter, you have no fucking arguments left.
>say the guy who unironically claiming that pics >>55814162 >>55814099 related because of shields
Also, your picture is just conversion,
>>
>>55808903
It tanked badly after 8th dropped. It's pretty dead here
>>
>>55814556
>Anvilmar a City ruled by mostly Dark Elf Pirates and Drakespawn ( Cold ones ) riders
Except it's populated by all races and rules by Stormcasts.
>>
>>55814571
>Ignores everything else and Just shields.

>Literally doesn't even know WoW lore.

The Elite of the Alliance army are the 7th Legion you fuck, and their armor is Mostly Blue with a gold trim.
>>
>>55814556
>Anvilmar
so AoS literally steals names from WoW? Sad.
>>
>>55814592
Stormcast Hold their bastions there, but they don't rule the cities, read the novels.

They're sort of like the Police in each city.
>>
>>55808935
I felt the same at first, but since they've been fleshing it out more I've changed my mind. Still not as cool as the old world IMO, but I believe it has the potential to be one day.
>>
>>55814624
>Wow invented taken an item and adding -Mar on the end.

Wow invented the word Scholomance too right?
>>
>>55814564
Apologies for the redundant guesses.
>>
>>55814625
>read the novels.
citation ...
>They're sort of like the Police in each city.
Wrong, the mortals are city guards, while SCE keep controlling all major cities functions,
>>
>>55814631
I just find everything they add to the setting to be so shallow and uninspired that it doesn't matter how much they flesh it out.
>>
>>55814644
>Wow invented the word Scholomance too right?
Nope, but Tempest Keep, or Highborne...
Just as Ametyst eye from Hallowheart symbol
>>
File: 1503500224337.png (256 KB, 476x477)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>55814625
>read the novels
I rather not read another Black Library book in my life.
>>
>>55814717
You know the Eye from the Hallowheart symbol is basically the Eye of Horus from 40k right?

You know the High Elves were called Highborne in WHFB too as well right.

You know Tempest Keep is literally two generic words.
>>
>>55814644
Scholomance is the archetype of the magic school, retard. That's common knowledge on which you can build.
Naming something "Anvilmar" is both uncreative and lazy from GW and just demonstrates that they let their 8-year old children design the new setting
>>
>>55814732
Fair enough.

Basically Stormcast mostly keep to themselves in their big Garrison city, apart from Lord-Veriants, who run around shining light onto chaos cultists then smashing their faces in.
>>
File: eyehorusgolden450.jpg (64 KB, 450x291)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>55814735
The Eye of Horus is literally from the real world, you doofus.
>>
>>55808903
We had alot of Grognards here in Europe, but now most of them, including me, have switched to AoS. The lore may be barebones but the game is better than ever and I say that as someone that grew up with 4th Edition Herohammer and sticked with 8th until the end.

It's simply a good, easy to-learn, hard to master game. Very satisfying and through the years it will only grow and adapt. Still some rules I'm iffy about but we learned GW listens to consumers now and I'm semi hopeful for the future.
>>
File: Tempest_Keep.jpg (178 KB, 1568x980)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>55814735
>You know the Eye from the Hallowheart symbol is basically the Eye of Horus from 40k right?
Now, post the picture, please, please.
>You know the High Elves were called Highborne in WHFB too as well right.
citation please.
>You know Tempest Keep is literally two generic words.
Sure...
>>
>>55814844
>double turn
>master
>>
>>55814844
where do you live? The situation here is completly different, even 40k players left after Fantasy was replaced by AoS. We mostly play Malifaux or X-Wing by now
>>
>>55814556
Anvilgard
>>
>>55812141
Slav poster isn't Baltic, they're Czech.
>>
>>55815316
How can he even post here? Shouldn't he be busy squatting around, being poor?
>>
>>55815501
Even people in Africa has smart phones.
>>
>>55815816
Fair enough, being a slav he might've stolen it from a european person.
>>
>>55808903
Over all I would give it a 6/10

Pros:
-solid models
-cheaper then 40k
-lots of room for narrative play
-game over all is decent
-good game for socializing

Cons:
-lore is shit and gone by all hope
-LOTS of random Tom fuckery in the game to the point of the game is so heavily favored to one side you should just pack up.
-double turn bullshit
-wombo combo is the only thing that matters, who ever gets theirs off first generally wins
-lots of "codex" creep.
-only a handful of armies are really good.
-lots of rule inconsistency
-lots of ambiguous rules, that can be debated heavily

Sigmar is not without it's fault, stay away from the lore, only do matched or narrative play, pick your dudes, and stay away from power gamers.
>>
>>55812798
Don't lie. We can track your IP. Antisemitism is a known trait of slavs.
>>
>>55809931
I find it funny that people say "it's doing better then fantasy" like it's something impressive. Fantasy sales tanked because AoS was being rumored for so long, and there was no answers so no one wanted to start an army. Secondly an army in the height of fantasy required like 600 bucks to get started, and fantasy was already not a very new player friendly game
>>
>>55813673
I can objectively say that the fluff is not great, while the rules are a model of simplicity without being bad.
>>
>>55813306
Just call them what they are: Space Marines

>Live in big WHFB state
>Had 5 grand tournaments with 80 plus people each at one point
>Every body started getting wary with 8th edition
>Age of Sigmar drops half quit the other half switch to Kings of War
>Only AoS models selling are for 40K or other uses
>Have never seen a game played even at GW store
>MFW
>>
>>55816619
Name the state and give the name of the store. I wanna check it out for myself.
>>
>>55816263
>Don't lie. We can track your IP.
Do it, faggot.
>Antisemitism is a known trait of slavs.
Or new europeans
>>
>>55813326
Well, Catachans are some of the ugliest models still produced in today's miniature industry.
>>
File: 1503195670405.jpg (75 KB, 849x590)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>55814870
"Tempest's Eye" are also two generic words, and they're more relevant ones, because that's what the AoS city's actually called, you dumbass.
>>
>>55821696
>Tempest's Eye
Wow, what an original name.
>>
File: Madness detected.jpg (12 KB, 123x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>55822552
>complains that a place name is a ripoff
>gets shown that he is wrong
>changes complaint to one about lack of originality
>when the game he's talking about is entirely unoriginal, and is made by a company that has never done original stuff
I mean for God's sake GW started out printing the British editions of D&D, and only continued doing other companies' shit for the first 5 years of their existence.
Source: http://www.bsfa.co.uk/www.vectormagazine.co.uk/article.asp%3FarticleID=42.html
>>
>>55822954
>>gets shown that he is wrong
Except Tempest Keep are the city name from official city name generator for AoS.
>GW started out printing the British editions of D&D, and only continued doing other companies' shit for the first 5 years of their existence.
Yes and? How it's related to WHFB and AoS names?
>>
>>55813667
To be fair, I'd expect the prices to turn them away anyway.
>>
>>55824897
>I'd expect the prices to turn them away anyway.
>if only we have technologies to make rules for small skirmish-games
>>
>>55823226
"Tempest" and "Keep" are possibilities for the first and second parts of a city name, along with 35 other words for the first word and 35 other words for the second, and it is up to the user whether to make them conjoined, keep them separate, or otherwise alter the result.

Yes, the second point is related to WHFB and AoS names. Thank you for stating as much.
>>
>>55825354
>keep them separate
Why? The one of AoS cities are unironically copying the WoW name.
>Yes, the second point is related to WHFB and AoS names.
How?
>>
>>55811145
/pol/ please go
>>
>>55811865
>Sadly
Not really. It's Saturday morning cartoon garbage with lazy, dull, over designed models and about as much depth as a puddle, both in terms of rules and background. The massive popularity of the Total War games show how badly they fucked up but they won't admit it.
>>
>>55816619
It's exactly like that, but in my whole country.
>>
>>55813749
So you got told (by a neckbeard in the internet) not to play a less popular faction and that's why whfb was dead?
That's not an argument anon.
>>
>>55816326
The rules are actually pretty bad.
>>
>>55808903
The main problem is that it's unnecessary big for a fantasy setting and for most realms we now next to nothing, hell even the know realms we know next to nothing, too fucking big to focus on a single place and those mention are just vaguely explored.
>>
>>55814844
>but now most of them, including me, have switched to AoS
Gonna need to see some evidence of that anon, because it sounds like you're talking out of your anus.
>>
>>55825195
Total War is about mass battles you fucking retard.
>>
>>55816326
>I can objectively say that the fluff is not great, while the rules are a model of unnecessary simplicity by being awfuly bad and lackluster, with 40k being a model of simplicity without being bad.
FTFY
>>
>>55825926
>with 40k being a model of simplicity without being bad
Fucking hell, you almost had me there. Good kek anon.
>>
>>55814844
I'm sorry to hear your tragic story, I'll pray for you.
>>
>>55825943
>Easier curve of learning for new players
>Wrecked the old WAAC community
>GW actually makes efforts to balance shit
>Armies are powerful but balanced
>40k is actually killing warmashit faster than ever
>It's also mercilessly killing the AOS community
Denial won't help you anon, that's what killed most whfb players.
>>
>>55825709
>Why? The one of AoS cities are unironically copying the WoW name.
What's WoW?
>>
File: events.png (49 KB, 1542x333)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>55814844
That's the whole list of AoS events planned for the next 12 months in France. The list of 40k events planned for the last half of October is twice bigger.

Even T9A shits on AoS.
>>
>>55826806
Wow, this must be a new low for AOS, how many whfb tournaments did you had back in the day? For example the infamous 8th ed?
>>
File: events WFB.png (95 KB, 1547x846)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>55826832
Between 150 and 200 events for WHFB in 2015, doesn't really fit well on a screen. Even more in 2014.
>>
File: events 40k.png (91 KB, 1549x836)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>55826806
And that's the list for 40k.

You can barely fit october and november on a screen.
>>
>>55826806
>>55826981
kek AoS btfo
>>
You guys are pathetic regards. Go fuck your corpse of a Game.
>>
I like the lore more than I like the game so meh.
>>
>>55813711
>The setting ending was simple, They ran out of ideas.
Nigga, there's huge parts of WHFB's world that never got properly expanded (or at all).
>>
>>55827761
>the Vampire Coast will never get expanded upon
>Sudenburg neither
Worst timeline
>>
>>55809964
I'm in Melbourne too, getting into 40k, where is the best spot to get a game ? Would like to avoid gw stores though ?
>>
>>55826006
World of Warcraft, one of AoS parents, you know
>>
>>55827761
They could also have added the magical realms without blowing up the old setting.
>>
File: waytoolewd.png (412 KB, 600x764)
412 KB
412 KB PNG
>>55828111
>magical realms

OTOH - you just might be right - it's a total wankery.
>>
>>55828303
They could have just concluded the End Times with Sigmar summoning his Sigmarines to deal with Chaos. The aftermath could have left the world a kind of wasteland that slowly recovered over thousands of years. The other Incarnates could have fucked off to their own realms and Sigmar would be left alone to rebuild the world of men.
>>
>>55829883
Doesnt work for several reasons.
>>
>>55829917
>t.redshirt
>>
>>55816619
People who switch to to KoW prove they just want Netlists to win.

KoW is fucking hilariously bad.
>>
>>55827761
>DUDE X HUMAN SOCIETY LOL

Yeah, no.
>>
>>55830009
>Everyone who disagrees with me is MUH SHILL

This is the /v/ mentality that WHFB fostered.
>>
>>55830031
What?
>>
>>55830039
>Doesnt work for several reasons
>but I wouldn't list them
>guys I am not GW IDF, I swear
>>
>>55830018
Why ? It's a simple yet deep game with decent strategy, balance and not relying too much on randomness.
>>
>>55826806
>>55826904
>>55826981
Savage
>>
>>55830039
Shills are slowly learning Internet lingo! Impressive.
>>
File: 1507355729964.png (152 KB, 331x453)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>55826806
>>55826904
>>55826981
>kill off a profitable product to try and make something more mainstream
>make it like one of your bigger products and a Blizzard franchise
>invest millions in new moulds for new minis
>product performs no better than the one you killed it for, arguably worse since old product loyalists or 40k converters buy for the purpose of different games
>>
>>55814844
>>55826806
Lol
>>
>>55830217
Turns out what people wanted was a well-supported gritty fantasy block shuffling game and not a retarded kid-friendly He-Man large scale skirmish game.
>>
File: 1500557946081.gif (1.36 MB, 260x260)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB GIF
>>55826806
>Paris
>13 million inhabitants
>10 AoS players
Great success
>>
>>55830217
It's funny when you realise that despite these EPIC 200 events for WHFB It was still less profitable than Paintbrushes.

Almost as if WHFB was literally a pirated game, with nothing but Ebay resales and Proxies propping up the game.

I mean if was super super popular, we'd see all these KoW threads and KoW events everywhere right?

Oh wait.
>>
>>55830251
>People wanted a Faux Historical instead of a fantasy game

KoW proves it's literally just grognards.
>>
File: events kow.png (38 KB, 1452x302)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>55830356
Turns out it's just about as popular as AoS (>>55826806)
>>
File: events T9A.png (107 KB, 1449x872)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>55830764
And The 9th Age
>>
>>55830813
And the schedule of the miniature games of the second biggest convention in France. Notice which game isn't in ?
>>
>>55825995
Most aos players play both tho
>>
File: events AoS Germany.png (90 KB, 1456x468)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
AoS events in Germany
>>
>>55808903
Sigmar is kinda fun, sometimes a friend lets me play with half of his army against him.

But if you play Daemons, it works double action because you can play them in AoS and 40k
>>
File: T9A germany.png (54 KB, 1577x754)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>55830873
Events T9A in Germany
>>
>>55830343
The funny thing is you don't realize that WHFB kept going amongst the best sold wargames on the market years after GW stopped releasing things for it. So far, AoS entered this ranking for one semester and fell out of it right after.
>>
>>55830873
>>55826806
Fucking hell this game is dead.
>>
>>55830832
Runwars, really?
>>
>>55816063
The arabs taken the europoos phones you know. The leash is more reliable for white women, and the men don't need phones to work for their new master.
>>
>>55831516
>AoS shill forced to resort to /pol/esucking after being told
>>
>>55813060
Sigmar is Odin? More like Thor or Tyr.
>>
>>55831493
Well it has a fanbase already.
>>
>>55831741
isn't it always that way? AoS defenders have no real arguments on their side and they know it, they just like it because its "new" and you don't have to put much thought into it
>>
>>55827332
imagine being this mad when being told that your game is shit
>>
>>55830031
t.never read a warhammer book in your life
>>
>>55833870
>>55833870
Fair point.
>>
>>55830083
I didn't have the time to answer it, but now I do. I'm not also the person that mentioned /v/ mentality.

* It still has the same problem as it originally had that is that you can't create anything without stepping on someone's canon toes. And if it doesn't then what's the point of retaining the world.
* The end of the world is necessary to justify the power and limits of the Stormcast Eternals. Sigmarite can only be mined from Mallus, which only has it's Chaos-hating properties because it was the remains of a chaos-destroyed world.
* There are plenty of remains of the world-that-was in the Mortal Realms, which couldn't be there if the world didn't literally got destroyed and turned into chunk. Like the remains of the Oak of Age in Ghyran.
>>
>>55836200
Nah, they could just write that shit differently. There is no actual interesting reason for Stormcast to have their armour made out the old planet core.
>>
>>55836474
Part of their power is dependant on it, as it is hatred for chaos for destroying their world attached to Mallus that makes the metal so powerful.

It also puts a limit on how many Stormcast can Sigmar create.
>>
>>55836772
And they could have written that entierly different, just like everything else in AoS that's poorly conceived.
>>
You are better off playing any other fantasy skirmish game. Malifaux is pretty good.
>>
>The Good
Game technically works.
Mostly cheaper than 40K
Requires minimal effort, easier to talk it up while playing.
Geared toward narrative games if that's your jam.

>The Bad
Armies are not balanced.
Rules while functional are inconsistent and very debatable, with lots of holes that you'll stumble over often.
Absolutely terrible lore.
Cringworthy naming schemes for everything.
Double turns.
Don't expect support for your faction.
>>
>>55830356
>>55830764
>>55830813
>>55830832
>Being BTFO this bad
Somebody call suicide line, anon might end it all!!!
>>
>>55836795
That's your opinion and it's fine for you to have it.

However I vehemently disagree.
>>
>>55830879
>AOS is only viable if you play daemons because that way you can play 40k anyways
That's extremely sad
>>
>>55830853
Might as well just play 40k, AOS is walking the same path fantasy did at 8th edition this days, it'll most likely become a new specialist game since the new nuMordeheim game was released.
>>
>>55833579
Wow, that's pretty interesting, rules really so good?
>>
>>55836200
>* It still has the same problem as it originally had that is that you can't create anything without stepping on someone's canon toes
Because..?
>Stormcast Eternals.
>limits
kek
>* There are plenty of remains of the world-that-was in the Mortal Realms,
Nope.
>Like the remains of the Oak of Age in Ghyran.
It's just a big tree and irrelevant.
>>
We just started a fyrestorm campaign for the winter.

It is starting to gain traction since 40k is pretty similar.
>>
Where are the rules for aos armies these days? i checked the compendium for my Orcs and Goblins and it had like 5 entries and then just said to use substitute warscrolls for the rest without actually giving me the rules, i found invidual units rules on their product page but i'd rater not have 30+ tabs open on my pc
>>
>>55836949
>narrative games
>translate: shit rules
>>
>>55840274
It is rather fun, a mix of block-based tactics and classical FFG movement trays and special dice galore. Plays extremely fast as well compared to the slog that is AoS.
>>
>>55826806
>>55830873
My sides
>>
>>55843609
It's funny because rune wars is fucking horrible. But no by calls you out as a shill right?

It's fucking star wars armada with literal Wow style models
>>
>>55843655
Exactly. Not that different from AoS model style except with actual decent rules.
>>
>>55843655
>But no by calls you out as a shill right?
Because it's FFG game, not GW.
>>
>>55843691
>star wars armada
>good

Nice joke m8
>>
>>55843727
FFG are more likely to shill their over expensive shit here than GW by far
>>
>>55843732
>double turns are good for narrative
>>
>>55843732
You gotta understand that any ruleset on the market is better than the AoS ruleset.
>>
>>55843745
Wrong, since FFG doesn't need to shill themseleves, their name says a lot in positive way, unlike GW.
>>
I like both 40k and AOS but I like AOS more right now because it's more balanced. I also like Stormcasts more than my Primaris marines and dragons > vehicles.

The fact that this model exists makes me love AOS more than 40k right now.

I know it's purely a matter of taste but I think this model is fucking cool.
>>
>>55843762
>>55843748
Never has an issue with the Aos rules. They're simple but open enough of tactical complexity

I honestly don't mind double turns because learning how to react to then us a skill in of itself

No custom dice and facing tray stupidity helps
>>
>>55843840
FFG are wors than GW by far
>>
I have an old lizardmen army, can i still play them? I only ever played a few games and mostly just wanted to paint up the models a few editions ago.
>>
>>55844085
In AoS?

Yeah. They're called seraphon now and pretty decent
>>
>>55844100
Oh thanks, that's why i never found them on the website i guess.
>>
>>55844016
>t.kid

>>55844052
>Double turns
>shooting-magical heavy met
>tactical complexity
>No custom dice
>it's okay when GW doing it
>>55844063
Nice try redshirt, but nope. FFG made themselves from nothing to golden standart of game-design
>>
>>55844105
yeah story is only the slaanesh survived so now they use star magic to 'remember' armies of Saurus and skinks back to life
>>
>>55844052
To be fair there is not much skill in that but the blessing of the dice gods.
>>
>>55844016
I have a MegaBlocks dragon that looks exactly like that.
>>
>>55844123
Calling everyone who likes AOS a redshift is pathetic

I do perfectly fine with my all melee sylvaneth anyway

AOS has as much tactical depth as Warmahordes or X wing.

I think you're just misinformed
>>
>>55826806
>>55826904
>>55826981
o shit son
>>
>>55827866
Depends on where you live in the city.
>>
>>55844175
>I do perfectly fine with my all melee sylvaneth anyway
>playing most one of the OP armies
>doesn't have problem with WAAClist
>AOS has as much tactical depth as Warmahordes or X wing.
>guys I am not redshirt
BWAHAHA, take your unbalanced shit back.
>>
>>55844135
Nah. Going first two turns in a row can fuck you over sometimes.
>>
>>55844219
>Melee sylvaneth
>op

Lol son just admit you know fuckall about AoS
>>
>>55844286
>sylvaneth
>not op
>>
>>55844276
WOW, what a depth, to screw pure random roll
>>
>>55844357
>like one army showing in the top 10 in latest grand tourney
>op

By that logic Ironjawz are op
>>
>>55844387
>army have one of the best stats and numbers of mortal wounds
>can deep strike
>guys melee is perfectly fine and useful for anyone in this game
>>
>>55844370
Two turns is literally tactically neutral. You can make it advantage if you play well

Also everything in wargame is determined by dice rolls
>>
>>55844472
>relies entirely on terrain and magic to shore up pitiful defenses
>>
>>55844474
>You can make it advantage
Second turn is already advantage by default.
>>55844492
>>relies entirely on terrain and magic
And so..?
>to shore up pitiful defenses
>pitiful
>one of the best MW dealers.
>>
I think one of the reason why AoS is failing so hard is that GW didnt understand why WFB wasn't selling anymore.

It wasn't a matter of setting, everyone loves the WFB setting (as shown by the success of most games taking place in it). AoS replaced the whole thing, cutting one of the most loved thing about WFB.

It partly was a matter of rules, the very ruleset and balance of the game being built a way where you needed to buy, build and paint a couple hundred minis before even playing, whereas 2 editions ago you could start with a battalion box and be fine with it. The game itself was boring, rolling for charge distance had screwed most of the maneuvering you could do and every large infantry unit being stubborn just mean once your units collided it would be a slow grind till the end of the game. However, despite the shitty ruleset, people were still playing it because there was no real competitor. AoS even accentuated this stagnant gameplay where movement is just piling in the middle and everything is luck-based. The whole pretense of AoS as a small skirmish game also crumbled, most of the games have a hundred of minis on the table or more, for which you can't even have movement trays anymore.

It was also a matter of minis. From 2007 onward there was a deep change of aesthetics to make WFB more grimdark. That meant state troops going from landsknetchs to pajama-wearing bone-carriers, and other retarded shit. It also meant between 50% and 100% price hikes overnight. Faced with a radical tonal shift nobody really desired and GW pricing itself out of the market, alternatives sprout up very fast. Mantic or Avatar of War, for all their flaws, sells minis that would have been deemed good in 2005, at 2005 prices. GW on the other hand still sell 90s sculpts at 2017 prices.
>>
>>55844474
>Also everything in wargame is determined by dice rolls
But it's wrong. Movement isn't, generally. Turns neither.
>>
>>55844474
>Also everything in wargame is determined by dice rolls
Yet still any game provides better gameplay than AoS.
>>
>>55844601
>doesn't understand what defence means

Sylvaneth don't even spit out mortal wounds very well. He'll that's how daughters of khaine were so good
>>
>>55844712
>army of 2 units
>good
>>
>>55841667
Just get the AoS app nigga
>>
>>55844732
Literally has shown to be good though. And it had like 5 units
>>
>>55844705
I disagree.
>>
>>55844712
Daughters of khaine have like 5 7nits and spit out mortals wounds better than anyone else

Ten doom fire warlocks do 6 confirmed mortal wounds
>>
>>55844611
But mantic minis are fucking horrible.

Also it was 6e who started the regiment size creep
>>
File: IMG_20170924_132906_579.jpg (288 KB, 1559x1559)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>55844830
Their plastic undead Re perfectly serviceable. I'm using their Ghouls to make Flesh Eater Courts Bretonnians..
>>
>>55844830
Are they? They seem good enough so people buy them.

Also, from 4th to 6th ed the average regiment was 16 to 20 infantrymen. In 8th ed it was 40 to 50, including elite infantry.
>>
>>55844775
Not an argument
>>55844789
Untill they face with SCE
>>
>>55844862
This monster is pretty sweet, where does it come from ?
>>
>>55844862
Literally only poor fags from whg buy from mantis

The undead are the best and they look hilarious
>>
>>55844611
>AoS selling poorly

But a couple months ago people were saying it was selling better?
>>
>>55844886
>>
>>55844896
Now compare the ghouls and skeletons
>>
>>55844895
Anti AoS fags don't understand 40k is just the current cock of the town right now
>>
>>55844611
>It was also a matter of minis. From 2007 onward there was a deep change of aesthetics to make WFB more grimdark. That meant state troops going from landsknetchs to pajama-wearing bone-carriers, and other retarded shit. It also meant between 50% and 100% price hikes overnight. Faced with a radical tonal shift nobody really desired and GW pricing itself out of the market, alternatives sprout up very fast. Mantic or Avatar of War, for all their flaws, sells minis that would have been deemed good in 2005, at 2005 prices. GW on the other hand still sell 90s sculpts at 2017 prices.

This is true for me. Thanks to Warlord Games plastic landsknechts I can now finally make that Empire army that I always wanted before they replaced the miniature range with "muh aesthetic".
>>
>>55844902
>>
>>55844909
As a dwarf player I always found empirefags utterly pathetic.

Go play your historical sites you deadbeat Autists
>>
File: painted1.jpg (171 KB, 750x400)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>55844910
>>
>>55844909
Those guys have really long arms.
>>
>>55844902
I kinda like that Mantic ghouls don't have that retarded posture that the GW ghouls have and that they actually look like degenrate canibalistic humans instead of troglodytes with hair extensions on their pubes.
>>
>>55844920
>>55844910
GW ones are better because the look like feral half men not just Slavs
>>
>>55844908
>>55844895
AoS was selling a bit when all the semester releases were about AoS. For the record, as long as WHFB had releases it was the third best sold wargame on the market.
>>
>>55844926
I dunno. Their hands seems to fall right under the groin, which is about the right length for the arms.
>>
>>55844929
Warhammer ghouls always were degenerate nonpeople though.

Strigoi are supposed to look like big ghouls after all
>>
>>55844908
>40k is just the current cock of the town right now
>right now
More like for the last 1.5 years
>>55844918
>plays most unoriginal races
>call someone an autist
>>
File: 1498737654640.jpg (122 KB, 594x764)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>55827835
But VC actually had rules for their pistol zombies and cannons
>>
>>55844920
>>
>>55844918
>ad hominem
>>
>>55844948
>>
>>55844951
Oh well. Are you one of the same Autists who hated demigryphs because you sound it
>>
>>55844948
>literally just bones and weapon
>no place for any kind of heraldry
>>
>>55844940
Up until GW's plastic ghouls they always had a fairly natural looking body on the same level as Mantic's ghouls.
>>
>>55844960
Not every undead unit needs to be undead empire you mong
>>
File: zombie01l.jpg (116 KB, 1000x327)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>55844896
For the record
>>
>>55844969
Yeah, it should literally who pulled out of nowhere, nce try IDF.
>>
>>55844965
They looked like fucking nosforatu mate

And had fucking no necks
>>
>>55844959
Nah, I just disliked the overdesigned aesthetics on the State Troopers and the forced gothic meme they went for hard in 7'th and 8'th edition.
>>
>>55844920
>>55844910
Mantic

>>55844948
>>55844956
GW

>>55844972
>>55844896
Mantic
>>
>>55844973
Slavfag speak English
>>
>>55844959
Why ? The demigryph had a very imperial design. Only the state troops and the shooters were terrible, while the free companies and knights had the same old outdated boxes (except you had to pay more).
>>
>>55844974
Yeah, I consider the Mantic ghouls to be a step up for having a more prominent neck.
>>
>>55844981
>Slavfag
>le Slav boogeyman
Kek
Also, not only Empire have heraldry, and at least Mantic allow me to paint skellies as MY skellies
>>55844987
>Why ? The demigryph had a very imperial design
Except armor, weapon and mounts.
>>
>>55844902
Mantic ghouls are better honestly.
>>
>>55844959
Are you that autist that hates people that enjoyed the more modest pseudo historical look that the Empire used to have?
>>
>>55844746
but i want the rules on my pc and not on my phone
>>
>>55844995
>Except armor, weapon and mounts.
It's not entirely true. The mount is unfortunate (a better idea would have been to make white wolf knights), but it fits the theme. The armor and weapons are reminiscent of the plastic commander kit. They are not terribad sculpts, they aren't good either, but they fit the theme. Unless you are doing a northern province, that is.
>>
>>55844995
What the actual fuck are you trying to say you stupid czech motherfucker
>>
File: skelefinal.jpg (172 KB, 650x449)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>55844956
Mantic skellies are pretty lovable
>>
>>55845001
Yeah. Because they're the faggots that whined about fantasy elements in warhammer
>>
>>55845033
The whole shtick of the Empire was "Faith Steel and Gunpowder against the monsters and the darkness" you mong.
>>
I like that AoS has made canon entirely pointless. Now I just get whatever minis that I think looks fun to convert and paint. Most of the GW minis that I buy are out of production stuff of eBay.
>>
>>55845001
Modest sorry I come from 4th edition when Empire could field the imperial zoo with glee
>>
>>55845033
You seem to be the whiny one. Are you sure that you're just not projecting?
>>
>>55845045
So you forget the imperial Zoo and the colleges of Altdorf then.

Two areas just as big as the school of nuln
>>
>>55845051
I'm not the one creating Aos threads to whine about in

Also the irony of AOS having better game play for empire than 8e
>>
>>55845047
I got into the game in the 5'th edition, so I must have missed that. I still never had a problem with the Demigryphs. I remember thinking that the magical circus wagons looked pretty dumb, but not as dumb as the very top heavy war altar.
>>
>>55845019
>you stupid czech motherfucker
Oh is that you, buttblasted Jan, have you sucked crautcocks after toiletwashing today to get 5€?
>What the actual fuck are you trying to say
Mantic have much more place to paint skeletons as your dudes.
>>
File: IMG_20170716_220351.jpg (554 KB, 1600x1200)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>55845029
Most of the undead ranges really.
>>
>>55845065
>Also the irony of AOS having better game play for IG than 8e
>>
>>55845065
>Also the irony of AOS having better game play for empire than 8e
Well, except that both KoW and T9A have a better gameplay for Empire than AoS.

The good thing about GW ditching WFB is that AoS has to compete on an even field with the other games, and it doesn't really work in its favor.
>>
>>55845083
We'll as a former Kelly fan boy. The mantic skeletons are pretty piss poor Barrow risen skeletons. Which is the point of the 8ed skeletons
>>
>>55845096
>large Autistic blocks compare to literal mould able formation fighting

Nah mate free people's are fucking amazing than shuffleboard shit
>>
>>55845107
Are you having a seizure ?
>>
>>55844862
that's the tightest undead shit I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>55845096
The irony here is he's entirely correct. The skirmish format plus formation rules for free people makes it pretty realistic

Same with Darkling Coverns
>>
>>55845122
Well, it may be realistic but it's clearly not what people want, because if that was the case they would be actually playing AoS over T9A or KoW.
>>
>>55845122
>The skirmish format plus formation rules for free people makes it pretty realistic
It makes them IG.Nothing realistic in 40k.
>>
>>55845127
>T9A

Literally nobody plays 9th age.

And KoW is basically 6th edition no fun mode
>>
>>55844895
I think no one really has any numbers about AoS in particular.
>>
>>55845140
>he really believes this
If anything, AoS is LESS played than T9A

AoS
>>55826806
>>55830873

T9A
>>55830897
>>55830813
>>
>>55845140
>And KoW is basically 6th edition no fun mode
>KoW
>no fun
>>
>>55845188
>all monsters and heroes merged to be nothing but charge support for infantry to avoid ever having monsterhammer or herohammer ever happen
>>
>>55845269
>t. I love to play action toys with my sigmarine and autistic drake
>>
>>55844959
> Tries to argue idiotic point of view
> gets btfo by actual arguments and at least half thought out points of view
> retreats to calling people fags and autists
I think we know who the real problem is here, anon.
>>
>>55845269
>monsters actually useful and not one-shot by cannons
>flying monsters actually kings of the meta, even more so with breath attack
>magic is useful without being OP
>inspiring heroes quasi-mandatory except for two factions
Yeah no you don't know shit about KoW
>>
>>55845296
>>55845269
Also
>charge
>infantry
>>
>>55845296
>non flying monsters are useless
>heroes are buffers only

KoW is literally anti monster
>>
>>55845348
>non-flying monsters are useless
>what is the Hydra
>what is every Nightstalkers monster
>what is the Bone giant
>>
>>55845099
Not him, but I prefer my skeletons to look more generic. It makes them easier to modify to fit whatever theme it is you're into.

I also disliked that they ditched the more diverse aesthetic themes of the bloodlines in the 7'th edition and made them look like Chaos Warriors mixed with Dark Elves.
>>
>>55845392
Also the Steel Behemoth and the Elementals.
>>
>>55845099
>The mantic skeletons are pretty piss poor Barrow risen skeletons.
So as GW.
>>
>>55845400
>steel behemoth
>>
>>55845462
It's a nice thing that Mantic is less autistic than GW and encourages you to play with whatever minis you prefer to field on the tabletop. They have even showcased armies with third party miniatures on their blog.
>>
>>55845492
Yep, they aren't insecure like GW and know that people will buy their minis on their own merit.
>>
>>55845498
They also know that there is a demographic that prefers the more simpler look on their minis because they find the level of detail that GW puts on their minis to be an overwhelming experience to paint.
>>
>>55845013
That's not my problem, the rules are available on the app for free, so it's just you who don't utilize that
>>
>>55845492
>>55845498
>>55845524

Because mantic know they're knock off warhammer
>>
>>55845536
There's nothing wrong with that. Warhammer is a knock-off of a bunch of stuff. Competition is also good for the consumer and brand loyalty is silly.
>>
>>55845547
No but convincing yourself the competition is good out of brand hate is just as retarded.

Mantic dwarves are some of the most fucking terrible models they have ever shit out with the slope heads and massive hands
>>
>>55845536
>they're knock off warhammer
Lol no, Mantic made by people who made Warhammer.
>>
>>55845492
Did they use GW by any chance?
>>
>>55845585
No it's made by a few shitty interns and alessio who made 6e
>>
>>55845587
They cannot
>>
>>55845595
>t.PhilKelly
>>
>>55845567
I have done no such thing. I'm largely neutral towards GW and Mantic. I will buy their miniatures if I like the way they look.

I'm happy that the competition convinced GW that they needed to remember the value of customer service after forgetting about it for nearly a decade. That's why GW suddenly developed an online presence when they switched CEO.
>>
>>55845587
I think the minis I remember came from Reaper.
>>
>>55845635
>internet marketing somehow increasing quality of customer service
>>
>>55845687
Gw customer service has always been outstanding though
>>
>>55845635
Yeah but the hate boner for GW is strong and they could be paying people to take their minis and people would still complain
>>
>>55845595
And the rules they made thoroughly shit on GW's. Your point ?
>>
>>55845784
Why ? I play 40k but I do recognise that GWs fantasy miniatures and rules are either outdated, overpriced or shit nowadays.
>>
>>55845157
dude we don't care about the frogs
>>
>>55845687
Yeah, you need to have customer service outside the physical stores now. That's why Duncan is painting shit on YouTube for GW.

>>55845784
The only time I had a hate boner for GW was during the End Times because it was shit. The hate for GW is also not as overwhelming as people make it out to be anymore.
>>
>>55847541
>That's why Duncan is painting shit on YouTube for GW.
And that's was my fucking point, how is shilling increasing quality?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.