[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: critrole50.jpg (780 KB, 970x545)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
Last-week-we-got-nearly-2000-posts-across-the-board EDITION

>What is Critical Role and where can I watch it?
http://geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/

This is it, boys. Vecna's been beaten (even though the fight was a complete disaster) and we've reached the final episode of this campaign. Loose ends will be tied up, stories will be resolved, and we'll bid Vox Machina farewell.

How do you feel? Stoked? Sad? Still disappointed about the Vecna fight? Will the Raven Queen give Vax a "last day on Earth" or will he disappear completely?

Share your thoughts, your rage, and remember that it's okay to bash Keyleth here.
>>
I'm actually feeling relieved about the campaign ending. Really hoping for a more interesting PC lineup for the next one.
And I would bet my favorite d20 that Vax will get exactly the "last day on Earth" kind of deal today.
>>
File: against the cinder king.jpg (95 KB, 1000x707)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>55839148
>Really hoping for a more interesting PC lineup for the next one.
You and me both, brother.
>>
What episode was it on when you first found it?

I jumped on at 12 I think
>>
>>55839301
Oh, man. Early to mid 80's, I think? I started watching in late Feb and it took about 3 months to catch up to the live shows. The first episode that I saw live was 98 or 99.
>>
>>55839301
I'm only on 50 some but I kinda skipped ahead and watched live since 110. I get sad when other people are sad and they will clearly be sad.

Also if you haven't yet, watch their interviews on DnDBeyond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9FM8VjWc7M (Sam)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-AS6C5vBhM (Liam)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWM-mfPCTU (Taliesin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJFYNZugksU (Marisha)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdNUHfX_Dko (Matt)

Marisha seems pretty down to earth and eloquent and it gives me the slightest bit of hope Keyleth is just a shitty fit for her
>>
>>55839301
I'd heard about the show from a friend of mine back when they were just starting out (like episode 5 early) but wanted to wait a bit as my interest in tabletop gaming at the time was waning.

Picked it up fully around the end of the Briarwood arc by binge-watching all the episodes up to the most recent one (right before they go into the tunnels beneath Whitestone) and they had their final fight at the top of the ziggurat.

Been watching ever since.

I'm really hoping that the next campaign has everyone playing a different archetype/style than what they've currently played. One of the interviews that the D&D Beyond people did with the cast of CR was with Taliesin, and he said in it that he's already got a character in mind that, "is almost going to be the complete opposite of Percy, but still let me be a smarmy jackass," which makes me think he's going to be a Archfey Warlock in service to Artagen, assuming that's approved by Matt.
>>
>>55839301
Somewhere around ep.48, April last year. The first one I saw live was their second Battle Royale.
>>
>>55839463
She said previously (either at one of the panels or on a Talks episode) that Keyleth's personality was meant to be almost the complete opposite of hers, because this was only going to be a one-shot, why make Keyleth into a character I actually want to play for 4-5 years?

But then we saw how that turned out. She has done one-shots with other players and played other stuff. Probably the most notable one was her being a Dwarf Bard during the Tomb of Annihilation event stuff that WotC threw a few months ago and she was actually not terrible at it.
>>
>>55839463
Yeah, I was surprised with how likeable she was out of character, in that interview. Here's hoping she won't be such a terrible fuckup in the new campaign
>>
Bets for tonight:
>Everyone will cry at least once
>Matt will break down crying mid exposition at some point
>At least an hour for Vax's goodbye between Vex/Keyleth/Everyone else
>Keyleth will get very VERY close to rolling initiative against The Raven Queen
OR
>If Marisha's hint from the Talks Machina from last week (I think) Keyleth may end up throwing away everything and joining Vax in the afterlife (She hinted that Keyleth is a jaded fuck now)
>Someone will meet the younger version of their next character
>Percy will get a bad ending by choice
>Scanlan and Pike end up together briefly
>Vex and Grog go off on other adventures alone
>>
>>55839463
I don't like Keyleth sometimes and I'm not even a guy, that stereotyping in the toxic fanbase has to stop.

Marisha seems fine but she's not tactical minded and not very good. She's visibly surprised in some instances when she either fucks up or nearly fucks up. Most important is that what she envisions in her mind isn't what is represented by the rules and she has a disconnect between that. When she played a goblin she did fine because she didn't expect to do much or to show off.

Considering Keyleth's actual stats the way Bluejay plays Arcturus on Roll20 Presents is a much closer to what you might expect from good rp. Unfortunately it seems Marisha has charisma and wisdom confused.

I always find the D&D Beyond interviewer such a shlurp slurp shluuuurp suck up. But it's entertaining to see designers on there admit that really they don't know what on earth they're doing, and just band-aiding concepts together.
>>
15 minutes.
>>
>>55839668
She seemed fine on everything I have ever seen her on except CR. I think here its a mix of:
>Being the leader
>Having a character she can't relate well too
>Playing Druid (Which is IMO one of the hardest classes to play well)
>Trying to do too much, being a bit showy
>Feeling the pressure from internet mouth-breathers who write her 500 word attacks whenever she fucks up
>A little too much whiskey

Hopefully the next campaign she makes something she will be happier with (Since she made Keyleth for a one shot)
>>
I don't even have to post it this time. She might confront the Raven Queen but to join Vax instead

Who knows
>>
>>55839770
That would probably be the best ending for her character, since Keyleth pretty much hates the world and REALLY hates the her father for not warning her how shit life is before sending her off on her Aramente
>>
>>55839770
Are you ready to see the cop-out answer, because Vecna is not really dead Vax will live on.
>>
>>55839668
>stereotyping in the toxic fanbase has to stop
>Marisha seems fine but she's not tactical minded
You're not fooling anyone, Marisha.

Kill yourself.
>>
calling it Laura will be crying before the intro is over
>>
>Critical Role Ep115: "The Chapter Closes"
tfw a show you have been watching for 2.5 years ends. (I mean the story of Vox Machina, I know there is a new campaign)

>>55839819
Technically Vecna isn't dead, so if I were Matt and he tries it I'd give it to him if he RPs a very strong argument and then rolls a strong persuasion check.
>>
>>55839849
Laura is too pure for this world
https://twitter.com/LauraBaileyVO/status/917997717313474566
>>
>>55839758
>>A little too much whiskey
She's a stoner too (apparently anxiety problems?)
>>
5 minutes.
>>
>>55839301
I don't remember the number, but the first one I saw live was the last one with Orion.
Pottery
>>
>>55839614
I don't think vex would let percy have the bad end, I think she'll at least stay with him or drag him along on whatever they do next.
>>
>>55839877
She can sing, too? Damn. Is there anything she can't do?
>>
File: Sad.png (119 KB, 1000x1000)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>55839931
Be my wife
>>
I'm just trying to imagine playing a campaign for 4 years, almost every week, and then having it end.

Like I remember all my friends getting legitimately sad after a year long one we did. Fuck man it must be so hard
>>
>>55839758
Well Keyleth has legendary stats that she might as well be Mahatma Gandhi and Fredrick The Great rolled into one. Instead she plays like a village idiot most of the time. Her charisma isn't even that low.

Like I've already said I'm not into demonizing her critics. Writing 500 words or more means you actually put thought and feelings into your opinion rather than mindlessly love or hate something. There are some things that make for good topics of discussion and criticism that get shut down and turned into flamewars by toxic mods. She put the entire campaign in jeopardy more than once like with the Kraken, with the hell prison break, with the damaged trammel.

Face it Keyleth is a bit of a That Guy character.
>>
>>55839923
Taliesin's said that because of Vex's influences on Percy, it's possible that if he does take a downward turn she can pull him out of it or stop him before he goes too far.

Conversely, Laura's said that she can definitely understand the circumstances behind the tale of the Briarwoods and wonders if the Vex/Percy relationship would be able to resist a similar temptation given similar circumstances.
>>
i'm excited for the new campaign, I want to see some different things from the cast.
>>
>>55839962
If she didn't have the antlers on, Keyleth's Charisma is an 8.

The conversion from Pathfinder to 5e gave her a free +2 to Charisma. Back in Pathfinder she had a 6.
>>
>>55839962
>I will defend the right of people to go unchallenged who cannot let a single slip go unchallenged

Sounds a little GooberGatey lad, sure she's a tosser but let's not pretend there's anything healthy about how it got discussed.
>>
>>55839962
>The broken trammel

There was nothing wrong with that though. Everyone told her to do it, and Planetar has 24STR in 5e so she probably only had to roll =>6

>>55839980
>>55839923
At the same time, Percy is pretty fucked up for using Animus after experiencing first hand how horrible dying to it is (And how the demon almost devoured his soul)
>>
>New campaign starts around the New Year
Why even live
>>
>>55840023
Marisha and Matt are getting married in like two weeks, and then the holidays so it makes sense

Plus One Shots are fun
>>
>>55839301
21 I think. I skipped the whole underground arc, the Whitestone arc drew me in it was awesome.
>>
>>55840016
>At the same time, Percy is pretty fucked up for using Animus after experiencing first hand how horrible dying to it is (And how the demon almost devoured his soul)
Wasn't that just because he was on Ripley's List?
That said, did they ever discuss how that probably happened to all the people he killed with the original List gun?
>>
Shit I might buy that artbook.

>>55840053
I'm not sure about the list, but you can assume whatever happened to Percy happened to them (if they were on the list), except the demon consumed them
>>
>>55840023
The Battle Royal will be wonderful at the very least
>>
>>55840023
Matt and Marisha are getting married in like 10 days, then going on a honeymoon, and then this gives Matt time for more campaign prep time.

This also lets them do a bunch of one-shots for the holiday season and a Critmas episode.
>>
Has anyone read the comic? Is it any good?
>>
I usually catch the video when it's posted on Mondays so I can skip the intro and the break, but it seems wrong to skip the live version of the final episode when I can watch.
I guess I'll watch tonight
>>
>>55840115
Better than Rat queens, worse than Fell's Five.
>>
>>55840122
I use my free Twitch sub so I watch the VOD Friday, but im gonna stay up will like 2am for this
>>
>>55839994
But they did switch and he charisma isn't a 6 or even a 4 which is often more like how she plays it.
>>55839999
A lot of the comments weren't bad actually, there's nothing goobergatey about it and if you read my other post you might know I'm opposed to that for obvious reasons. That again is part of the toxic community that shuts down discussion by inappropriately painting any rules discussion as necessarily evil.
>>55840016
Still messed up and convinced everyone it was a good idea, without advantage mind you.
>>
>>55840115
I've seen bits and pieces, don't know much about the writing but the art is high tier
>>
>>55839958
I have. We started another one. And that's been going 2 years.
>>
>>55838909
>im still a planetar
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
>>
>>55840279
I wan't to neck myself
>>
>>55840279
Get over it anon, they weren't going to retcon it
>>
>>55840279
No surprises here

>They're not you on the cliff
Laura is truly best girl
>>
>They still alive

Oh come on
>>
>>55840363
And no one actually died and it was all a dream you had riding atop a unicorn that farts rainbows.
>>
>>55840363
To be fair they had more HP than max fall damage and were close to full when they fell off
>>
>>55840363
They cast Death Ward on themselves
>>
>>55840363

Marisha cheated and Mercer played Vecna like a bitch, they were never going to lose.
>>
>liam already trying to get his brooding sad face going
>>
>>55839999
There are two other women on the cast and also other regular female guests. Marisha is the least openly feminist of the bunch. Ashley Johnson is openly feminist and Laura Bailey mentions feminist things too.

If it was the same thing then Marisha would be their favorite female player of the group. At the very least they would persecute the others for their open feminism.
>>
>>55840430
This, he should have cast Meteor Swarm > Turn1 > Legendary Action: Meteor Swarm > Turn2 > Legendary Action: Meteor Swarm
>>
God the live chat is full of imbeciles. They can't even remember major characters and think everything's a twist.
>>
>>55840430
How did Marisha cheat? I didn't catch the last episode live
>>
>>55840478
She didn't make any concentration checks on her Shapechange and there's good reason to think she didn't just forget about it.
>>
>>55840478
Misinterupted the resistance of Planetar, and didn't concentration check her shapeshift
>>
>Grog find out Fly can be cast on people

Why didn't Keyleth just cast it on him? Way better than the pillar idea
>>
>>55840478
>>55840505
Sam reminded her and she ignored him.
>>
will friedle is hilarious
>>
File: 1362782321061.png (167 KB, 310x295)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>zara holding kash with her tail and forcing him to cum inside her

WEW

also, where's Silus
>>
>>55840549
My guess is the coffin was in the tower. So he's either dead (again) or fleeing and trying to get away fast enough before the rest of VM notice that he's still "alive."
>>
>>55840549
>you will never have an after session threesome with laura and mary while they use their shin-chan and major voices
>>
>>55840511
Because that would require Keyleth to be played by a player with more than 4 INT IRL
>>
>>55840475
Why the FUCK would you look at twitch chat?

>>55840549
Hopefully somewhere safe because even if he jumped them here there are a fuckton of riders
>>
File: 1471802856585.gif (101 KB, 500x513)
101 KB
101 KB GIF
>>55840549
Don't do this to me, anon.
>>
>>55840574
TO BE A MAN YOU MUST HAVE HONOR
>>
>>55840591
it aint me, came right out of Will and Mary's mouth. it's canon
>>
>>55840602
HONOR AND A PEEENIS
>>
Are they crying over this NPC they've known for like 2 sessions?
>>
>Valora getting Simon

So Liam's next character next campaign?
>>
>>55840620
Actors man.
>>
A̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ only one bites the dust
>>
>>55840549
I always knew Mary was into the good stuff
>>
>>55840620
Yep. Be prepared for that to happen for the rest of the session. There will be more drama than any Soap Opera ever to exist.
>>
>>55840625
It's honestly probably why they brought her in to begin with. Vecna had no particular reason to find her, and she was hardly a relevant character.
>>
>>55840620
It's the twins half-sister.
>>
>>55840620
They interacted with her a bunch pre-stream

>>55840631
Nope....
>>
>>55840620
Wouldn't be unusual, but I'd also imagine she figured more prominently in the Pathfinder game.
>>
Who died?
>>
>>55840644
Literally no one
>>
>>55840640
>They interacted with her a bunch pre-stream
>>55840640
Not Zarah or Kashah.

The twins being sad makes sense though.
>>
oh wow she lived i'm so shocked, so many people die in this show

no way, i'm cryyyyying
>>
>>55840644
Vex/Vax half sister but they rezzed her cause 5e is super lenient on death, even with Matt's more difficult rez rules

>>55840667
I don't know how many campaigns I have had with zero major character deaths.
>>
>>55840620
>this mong didn't watch the feywild arc
>>
>>55840689
I mean its like bitching no one died when a fuckton of NPCs have died
>>
Think we can make this thread hit 1600 like the last one?
>>
>>55840701
Nope. Nothing to rage over like a certain redhead fucktard. It won't break 400, if that.
>>
>>55840701
not unless something serious happens. i bet for a FACT vax is going to find a way out of getting soul sucked
>>
>>55840718
The night is young, my man.
>>
>Tiefling tail action
>>
>>55840701
That was the first thread I've ever been in that made it over 500. What's the record for mostposts in a single thread?
>>
>>55840750
i mean i'm sure that hit it, for a non stickyed thread
>>
File: 1499221681483.jpg (28 KB, 480x552)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>55840741
Where were you when you found out Mary has top-tier fetishes?
>>
>>55840750
What makes me happy about that, if it's true, is that I made that thread :)
>>
>>55840718
Don't worry, they haven't gotten to her trying to stand up against the Raven Queen yet
>>
literally all this game needs is matt, laura, travis, sam, and tal
>>
>Already an hour through
>>
>>55840856
and asholee
>>
>>55840856
plus one or two of joe, will, mary, and de paul
>>
Travis a best boy
>>
>>55840856
I'd add Darin, Mary and Ashley Burch to that list
>>
Grog on a quest to find his man-crush and kill him. Damn that's a cool background plotline.
>>
>>55840865
she's nice, but she's honestly not that great

>>55840876
guest characters, of course
>>
>>55840900
You forgot Perkins
>>
>>55840919
>Willing to play a fighter with 1 arm
The best
>>
>>55840939
green flame
>>
>>55840919
>>55840939
Having Perkins back as a reaccuring guest would be great

Maybe even Patrick, since they're won't be anymore Keyleth cringe
>>
File: 1367964529766.png (537 KB, 500x620)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>Decide to watch series a month ago while i'm cleaning my apartment
>Neat, i'll have to get caught up
>Don't have the patience to watch over 80 episodes that are 3-6 hours long when i could be running a campaign myself
>>
>>55841004
Don't you drive to work or something? Just use it as a podcast.
>>
So lets be hopeful for a second

Victor survived some how didn't he? Probably handless though
>>
>>55841004
well the next season starts in January
>>
>>55841004
I listen to it when im playing games and shit
>>
>>55841011
Hes probably limbless
>>
>>55841011
Yeah, but he's subject to the same restrictions as any other evil god (no physical manifestation, have to act through intermediaries).
>>
>>55841010
My office is a ten minute walk from my building, so i rarely drive. Is there an audio-only version?
>>
>>55841067
i believe so, actually
>>
>>55841045
Get Tary to rebuild him into Victor 2.0

>>55841046
Victor the Black powder salesman, not Vecna

Though Victor with the Hand of Vecna would be funny. "Learn from my mistakes" *cast Finger of Death*
>>
>>55841067
http://criticalrolepodcast.geekandsundry.com/

They add more every few weeks
>>
File: 1361585327397.jpg (55 KB, 410x380)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>55841080
>Victor with the Hand of Vecna would be funny. "Learn from my mistakes" *cast Finger of Death*
>>
>>55841083
Thanks. Might load a bunch onto my laptop or iPod when i leave for the holidays since i'll be stuck in a hotel after Thanksgiving.
>>
>Silus got away

thank god
>>
>>55841080
I hope they both show up atleast
>>
File: lauging and pointing.gif (832 KB, 252x188)
832 KB
832 KB GIF
>>55841080
Literally the only good chaotic neutral character

>"Learn from my mistakes" *cast Finger of Death*
>>
Are they gonna do anything with Vax dying or what?
>>
>>55841175
They'll get to it presumably
>>
>>55841175
i mean it would be a dick move to kill him off at the start and have him just leave
>>
>>55841175
It'll probably be the very end of the episode
>>
>>55841175
People are saying they'll probably pull the "technically Vecna's not dead per-se ".
>>
>>55841175
Probably after the break/last hour of the session.
>>
>>55841175
Theyre building up to it, though I'm sure they'll find ways to stall
>>
>>55841197
>People are saying they'll probably pull the "technically Vecna's not dead per-se ".

ah FUCK
>>
>>55840457
Do people actually think this way? If I did something like that to my players they would probably just leave the table (and we've only been playing together for a year and a half). Why would you spend 5 years on a campaign to end it with a boulder falls and kills the party?

I don't understand.
>>
>>55840610
I need confirmation
>>
>vord wants to make 100% sure vecna fucking dead
>People in chat gives him shit
>>
>>55841220
autists do
matt could have made it reasonably harder but shit like that is so dumb
>>
"Thank the academy"
kek
>>
>Keyleth speech
Yeah this is going to go well.
>>
>as long as there isn’t a kid around you’re set
Fucking savage
>>
oh no speech
>>
File: 1375844383912.jpg (101 KB, 854x859)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>Keyleth making the final speech
>>
>>55841238
I do agree he could've made the fight harder, but Sam did snuff a lot of the attempts.

Also Keyleth sounds like she's running for mayor.
>>
ok this speech wasn't terrible
>>
oh wow, that actually wasn't bad at all
>>
>>55841295
>>55841289
>>55841300
She didn't do that bad desu
>>
>>55841224
Oh it happened, there was a whole conversation about it and the table erupted into laughter but we all know she's kinky. Watch the first 30 minutes ore so when the episode gets re-posted.
>>
Wow it was actually not bad
>>
This wasn't actually a bad speech.
>>
File: lizard.jpg (128 KB, 1024x768)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Who was he again?
>>
Best girl has arrived
>>
>>55841326
McGlynn already left.
>>
>>55841323
I've been rewatching some of the older episodes and the show seriously flowed so much better without Tibs. He was pretty clutch in some fights but his playstyle definitely didn't mesh.
>>
>>55841326
But Laura was in the room the whole time, anon
>>
Tfw I will never have a group of friends as close as the CR cast

Tfw I cant even find a game of D&D in my area and none of my friends care
>>
here we go
>>
>>55841356
TPK in 5
>>
I think Sam is going to cry more than Liam with this interaction.

Also they can't expect to fight the Raven Queen after that battle.
>>
Time for goodbyes
>>
ITS HAPPENING

>Percy stepping in instead of Keyleth
>>
Percy and Keyleth better fuck off with this bs
>>
>>55841323
Clyderius Borewin
From Strigonia
>>
i feel bad for tal, feel like he's been getting shafted lately
>>
>Matt trying to soften the blow by playing Raven Queen as a caring person instead of a cold bitch who doesn't feel a fucking thing
>>
File: sadseal.jpg (32 KB, 400x258)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>55841370
Actually got a little fucked up over that
>>
This dramatic moment is really doing nothing for me.

>Travis is just smiling during all of this
>>
oh hey someone is finally dying for real
>>
>>55841463
>and I walk away
>>
>Liam and Sam can't even look at each other
>>
half hoping he brings back tiberius in some form with the raven queen. would give some neat closure imo
>>
>>55841418
I'm just fucking glad he's going through with it.
>Fuck your shit Wis tal
Kek
>Liam now gets to sit there for the next 3 hours
>>
File: 1424311233907.jpg (63 KB, 294x361)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>55841479
oh fuck
>>
I kinda want pike to divine intervention. and fail
>>
>>55841483
I still think the climax of this campaign was when Sam had to burn his spell last episode. It was more upsetting than this scenario.
>>
File: cestlavie.png (8 KB, 193x261)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>55841483
>You will never be this good of friends with someone
>>
>>55841487
Tibs is dead and gone. Get over it all ready
>>
>>55841493
Mercer isn't retarded and more than likely Liam would be against it.

>>55841507
Burned it last episode

>>55841511
Matt and Laura are getting to me, esp with Mercer starting to break up
>>
>>55838909
>The patented Liam hand-sandwich
Classic
>>
File: 1502844553753.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>55841518
>I will never have the emotional baggage from being this close of a friend with someone
>>
>>55841531
What did she use Divine Intervention for? I don't remember that?
>>
>>55841531
Yeah when the DM gets broken up over something in game, especially one with a good poker face like Matt, you know it's real
>>
>As I walk closer to the Raven Queen, I click my boots of haste and do 7 actions
>>
>>55838909
Oh fuck me....that got me hard
>>
>>55841546
She just burned it cause she could and probably was going to try to ask for the 2nd trammel back or just anything to help really
>>
>takes a level in druid for emotional stuff
10/10
>>
>>55841559
the druidcraft almost got me then i read this fucking post and burst out laughing
you cunt
>>
File: close up tears.png (10 KB, 474x517)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>the twin's mother showing up
>>
the druidcraft is a nice touch
>>
I kinda held back, until the druidcraft shit
Damn you Liam
>>
druid craft was nice. good ending

and thank god someone finally died
>>
Am I the only one who saw Matt's pokerface fucking shatter before the cut?
>>
I'm not crying, you're crying.
>>
That went 100x better than I excepted. They actually pulled some real emotion and didn't drag it out.

Im also pretty shocked Matt didn't hold it till the end.

>>55841592
It was already cracking before that but yeah. I think he wanted that break as much as the players did.
>>
Didn't get choked up like others but throughly enjoyed that.

Glad they didn't try to pull anything as well. Would've cheapen it
>>
SUPER DRAMATIC DICE ROLLING

What the fuck was that?
>>
>And now, time for us to shill our SJW ideology
>>
>>55841581
Same
>>
>rolling for stats
>>
File: Rain.jpg (44 KB, 638x627)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>
>Tfw you think you will hold it up and then you remember they will probably run into Gilmore before the episode ends.

>>55841605
It was pretty classy. I think for as much melodramatic shit as Liam pulled he probably told them that he wants his character to end like this.

Also that was some fine acting
>>
>>55841612
Jamon Sa Ord is a faggot.
>>
>he didnt say goodbye to gilmore
>>
The chat spamming wish proving they missed the highlight of last episode.
>>
>>55838909
That was a great end to his character and that entire narrative. Well done for them all honestly, no dragged out melodrama, no attempts to cheat or cheapen it, a fantastic rp moment via gameplay mechanics and a touching final gift for him.

Moments like that are why this show is special.
>>
druidcraft was a nice touch
i know scanlan blowing his 9th level was a great moment, but i do wonder what matt would have allowed if scanlan still had it
>>
wait what's the druidcraft thing
>>
That was pretty good. I honestly wish I could cry more sometimes.
>>
>>55841638
He took a lvl in druid
>>
that girl in the red pants was thicc
>>
>>55841638
He multiclassed into druid for level 20 for zero mechanical gain, just pure rp reasons. Classy as fuck.
>>
File: w00a2pp2scdo20d0.jpg (46 KB, 476x350)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>55841628
"And that's why I moved closer."
>>
>>55841641
Same. Nothing here.
I got close watching blade runner 2049
>>
>>55841636
If you watch Matt's reaction to Scanlan using his 9th level spell for counterspell you could kind of tell that Sam has mentioned his plan. Sam is for sure a considerate player and wouldn't have sprung a narrative-changing wish on Matt without mentioning it.
>>
File: dnd.png (13 KB, 943x70)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>Critical Role has 39k viewers right now
>More than everything but Warframe (Just got a new expasion) and League
>>
>>55841641
i literally cant cry
i keep trying but it doesn't work
it's not some trying to be tough shit, i just have some inability to do it anymore
it's unfortunate, i feel like it's a nice release
>>
>>55841627
He didn't even say good bye to his youngest sister, what a dick.
>>
>>55841592
He was able to hold it together until the part when Liam and Laura started to hug it out. That's when he started tearing up a bit and was trying hard to remain stoic and emotionless.
>>
>>55841628
the chat spamming wish because its the giveaway codeword
>>
>>55841663
Had
>>
uhhhh
oops
>>
>>55841612
Stupid SJWs making games like D&D with sexless monsters since the 70s.
>>
This Asian is making my dick soft. I don't get it.
>>
>>55841691
What's next, gender neutral bathrooms in our own homes?
>>
>>55841675
He literally hugged her at the end.
>>
File: keyleth.png (552 KB, 573x608)
552 KB
552 KB PNG
Marisha has Neutral spelled wrong on her character sheet
>>
>>55841706
You don't already have those? Fascist pig.
>>
>>55841694
But Blizzard's offering up their thicc's and qt's for the longest most mind numbing skit in the world. Dunno if it's worth it, but it's something.
>>
>>55841716
sounds about right
>>
>>55841716
Well she is from Kentucky.
>>
>>55841112
No you got that wrong.

Not only did Silas get away but he also got three new spawns he found and fed on in the forest.

Nobody has realized it yet.
>>
>>55841716
Druid as fuck.

>>55841727
Not at all, but thanks for playing.
>>
File: 1490865393976.jpg (96 KB, 2000x2000)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>55841716
>>
File: ohhhhohoho.jpg (78 KB, 500x500)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>55841716
>>
>>55841716
Fucking hell lol
>>
>>55841741
Is... is that my baby girl?
>>
>>55841741
>got three new spawns he found and fed on in the forest.

wut?
>>
Anyone else which Orion could be there?
>>
>>55841741
Oh shit. That's dank af
>>
I'm looking forward to them telling Tary
>>
>>55841769
Orion isn't a bad dude but he didn't mesh with the party. Honestly glad he's gone.
>>
>>55841769
Only if he RP's being a frozen impaled corpse
>>
>>55841664
>>55841658
I hear tons of people talking about how much better they feel when they cry. It sucks not being able to

Closest I've gotten was Kyuranger
>>
>>55841781
i hope they actually get to him this episode
>>
>>55841769
why do people care about tiberius
he's been gone for 4/5ths of the game and was a complete cunt for at least half of the time he was there
>>
>>55841716
Low charisma means you can't spell for shit.
>>
>>55841769
Nah, far too messy for the narrative. Dudes also a tool.
>>
>>55841783
Totally disagree (with the second part that is).

>>55841784
lol
>>
>>55841785
the closest i've gotten in recent memory was when scanlan died and they did the ritual
>>
>>55841706
Fucking shouldn't put up with it. They even have male and female succubi too, everything has gone to hell since the middle ages.
>>
File: gasp8.gif (875 KB, 500x318)
875 KB
875 KB GIF
>>55841741
Are you saying what I think you're saying?

That Gilmore, Kaylie, and Cassandra only got far enough to fall into Silas' hands? Because that would be sick
>>
>>55841769
Nope

>>55841784
Hahaha Ok maybe only for this
>>
>>55841758
>>55841762
>>55841777
Gilmore
Cassandra
Kaeley (sp?)

>"Gilmore take them somewhere safe, go to the forest"
>"You scry and Silas is in the forest"
>>
>>55841797
>was a complete cunt for at least half of the time he was there
IRL sure, he was on too many drugs, but in game I think the hate is undeserved.

>>55841804
I don't mean Tiberius, I mean Orion. Just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>55841664
Only after the fact. The actual act of crying sucks, but the catharsis is worth it.
>have to put my nearly 18 year old dog to sleep
>only one available at home
>go to vet alone
>start crying as soon as the vet tells me to hold her down
>bawl my eyes out in the car alone
>i am now fine
>go home alone
>bury dog alone
>>
>>55841846
Gilmore said he could get them to Emon so he probably took them there
>>
>>55841831
That is what the person is implying.

Personally, I think Gilmore would have just BAMFed them to Emon or Whitestone, which is so far away as to the point of being utterly removed from the primordial titan that they can be safe and start to prepare defenses there in case Vasselheim falls.
>>
>>55841769
Face it they replaced their group's dragonborn with Chad Tiamat.
>>
>>55841850
He burned his bridges man. Behind the scenes shit happened that broke the camel's back, the cast hates his guts now.
>>
>>55841850
Pretty sure the drugs were post-game.
In game, he was a min-maxing spotlight hog with a massive case of USI. He also fudged rolls.
>>
When did the break start?
>>
>>55841869
>the cast hates his guts now.
>Matt went out of his way to say he doesn't hate his guts
>>
>>55841867
>>55841869
"I don't accept this."

>>55841873
Nah, I think he said in the HIV video that that was part of it. He was a sorcerer... what else can you do? Source on foll rudging?
>>
>>55841893
About 15-20 minutes ago, should be coming back any minute now.

I think they're all busy doing a crying fest while stuffing their faces with food/booze while in line for the bathroom.
>>
>>55841831
>>55841846
>>55841857
>>55841864
While he could take them to Emon if Matt was actually an "epic" DM like people say he is then he would have used this. A bitter ending, with no winners in war. You took his love from him now he turns your friends and loved ones against you.
>>
>>55841873
He put out an explanation/apology video where he talked about his drug use (and cancer) in depth, he was using a little while before he left and the eventual building tensions and his inability to quit were what contributed the most to his leaving.
>>
>>55841893
A long ass time ago.
>>
>>55841716
Meh, better handwriting than mine, so I'll give it a pass.
>>
>>55840457
that is just un-creative
>>
I'm Jason
>>
>>55841904
He literally used like 25 sorcerer points during the kvarn fight, dunno about rolls specifically, but matt started to not believe him and come over to check
>>
>>55841912
>cancer
HIV
>>
>>55841911
>If he was an epic DM

An epic DM writes his narrative for the players. There is no fucking way to justify a character who trusts these people to say he is going to Emon and then teleporting somewhere else.
>>
>>55841927
I think he got called out by Matt during one of the Slayer's Take episodes as well but i dont remember which one
>>
>>55841929
Well, he is a faggot.
>>
no liam
>>
>>55841904
>He was a sorcerer... what else can you do?
Not be disruptive to the flow of the game? He spent an entire episode shopping and abandoned a boss fight.
>Source on foll rudging?
Sorry I'm thinking of the Marisha thing. Orion's biggest mechanical problem was sorcerer points - you only have as many sorcerer points as you have levels in sorcerer, and the only way to get more is either long rest or burning spell slots. They were like level 11-14 during the fight with Kvarn in the ilithid temple, but he spent upwards of 20 points without using spell slots.
>>
>No more Liam at the table
I don't see the point of not letting him sit there

>>55841928
Literally both
>>
>>55841927
Yeah but he did all that while using hard drugs, dealing with HIV, cancer, death of family, and coming off playing the role of Elminster. What's Keyleth's excuse?
>>
Scanlan saves it with a joke
>>
>>55841945
He's likely just chilling in the same room, it makes for a better representation of the situation.
>>
>>55841928
>>55841945
He was feeling consistently under the weather, he went in for a checkup and they did bloodwork.
>you have cancer
>also HIV
>>
>>55841927
>>55841935
>>55841943
I'll have to go back and check. I don't think that's accurate. Yes, he was shopping high, that was dumb, but he did NOT abandon the boss fight. Check it, they all agreed he should go talk to the Illithid.
>>
>>55841929
No they talked about the forest and the group just now even mentioned Gilmore went to the forest. A good DM isn't a story teller that gives you good feels and everything you want. A good DM makes you feel and uses the game mechanics to do so.
>>
>>55841951
LOL.
>>
No mercy Percy goes insane and TPKs everyone.
>>
>Matt has the Golden Snitch now

So, TPK in over or under 5 sessions beginning of next campaign?
>>
>>55841992
I'd watch that.
>>
>>55841990
Best end
>>
Grog better use those fucking cards.
>>
>Fuck that raven bitch
The Euphoria is nauseating
>>
>>55841990
>I'd like to invoke the pact to summon a bunch of demons to kill everyone and everything
>>
>>55841968
I rewatched the scene like 15 times because watching people react to things is my favorite thing.

Gilmore says he can teleport them to Emon, and they say yes, and then he says he will

Also he has done dark things to the cast before. The whole Chroma Conclave was a big kick in the dick
>>
Pike is such a sweetheart, hearing her is such a warm comfort
>>
>>55842047
I am going to play The Last of Us soon just for her
>>
>>55842059
>Jesus Grog!
>>
TRAVIS FUCKING WILLINGHAM
COMMITS TO THE BIT
>>
>>55842074
Travis is actually the best roleplayer there by an extreme margin.
>>
File: lol16.jpg (10 KB, 296x376)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Grog sounds like he's about to destroy his own anus with a gigantic shit
>>
>>55842047
It's really heartbreaking that Ashley has to play this last one remotely. I'm curious to see what her presence will be like the next time around, if she decides to start.

>>55842031
I just feel like there's no need at this point. Let this campaign end so the next one can start.
>>
I hope travis gets more sentient items
>>
I'd love to see Travis play a more cerebral character.
>>
>>55842117
The one shot where he played the rogue was badass. So was his Blood Hunter.
>>
Grog's brain has become to new battleground.
>>
>>55842124
>The one shot where he played the rogue
When was this?
>>
>>55842117
Heard he's going valor bard next year
>>
>>55842131
It was the all-rogue party one-shot with Ashley Burch. he ended up outsmarting and double-crossing the rest of the group
>>
>>55842132
>next year
That sucks.
>>
Shit, i got late. What happened until this point?
>>
>>55842097
Next campaign new party hears of an all powerful Goliath that apparently hears voices and talks to himself alot
>>
>>55842131
geekandsundry.com/critical-role-extra-the-return-of-liam/ The best one shot they've ever done IMO
>>
>>55842132
>Next year
Fucking whaaaaat? I thought they were coming back sooner.
>>
>>55842143
Vax is officially dead
>>
File: IMG_0241.jpg (122 KB, 628x788)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>55842132
My dick would be diamonds.
>>
>>55842143
Liam ded with a pretty classy goodbye.

>>55842142
Matt/Marisha are getting married
>>
>>55842140
Oh, Liam's evil game?

>>55842143
Tower crumbled. Sister raised. Goodbye to Will/Mary, goodbye to Vax. Percy tried to stop it but Raven Bitch got him. Vax dead as fuck. Grog trying to get rid of sword
>>
>>55841904
>Source on foll rudging

Watch the videos, you see him reroll multiple arcane checks and also does the classic, I'll keep rolling until I get a good roll and then tell the DM what I was rolling for.
>>
>>55842143
They brought back the twins' half sister back to life, vax went with the raven queen in a surprisingly subtle and moving sequence, grog is currently in a battle of will with the sword of kas
>>
>>55842142
We'll get a string of one-shots or mini-campaigns until Matt and Marisha get done with their nuptials.
>>
>>55842159
>>55842163
No way. They weren't capable of bullshitting him back to life?
>>
>>55842163
>Matt/Marisha are getting married
Isn't that in like, two weeks?

>>55842155
I guess they're doing one shots till then.

>>55842178
Meh. We'll see.
>>
>>55842184
nope, it was actually sad
>>
>>55842184
Matt gave them no leeway.
>>
>>55842184
Percy was going to get cocky with her and he failed a Wis save and got held

They really didn't try anything after that and just let the moment happen

>>55842191
Yeah, Matt is probably getting surgery for his Scatia as well
>>
>>55842181
>I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Skeletal
>>
>>55842184
Percy tried. Couldn't beat her DC with a 22 Wisdom Save. He's still pissed.
>>
>>55842184
Nope, Percy literally shielded him but his wisdom save was too low and the Raven Queen froze him in place. Vax told everyone to stop trying and said individual goodbyes before leaving, which is why Liam isn't at the table.
>>
>>55842191
He fudged rolls, ignored rules to powergame in a group of people focused on role playing, and argued with Matt constantly.

I liked him until he got the boot and I rewatched older episodes.
>>
>>55842206
>surgery for his Sciatia
Lucky cunt.
>>
>>55842206
Sciatica
>>
>>55841966
How about how he metagamed that fight then? The refusal to fight it in the temple because he knew what lair actions were
>>
>>55842155
Matt and Marisha are getting married next week, then going on a honeymoon. Then they want time to decompress and give time to Matt to start doing more prep work.

They'll probably start doing some one-shots for the holiday season.
>>
>>55842184
They're a group with three primary casters and they function at the level of an all martial group. You would be expecting too much if you thought they could do anything.
>>
>>55842227
Also started creeping on Marisha, but he's not hers and Matt's gimp like Tailesin so they didn't put up with it.
>>
>>55842229
I wouldn't consider it lucky

>>55842232
I don't even think they can honeymoon right now cause of Matt
>>
>>55842232
It makes sense I just thought they'd be back around December.
>>
NO
MERCY
PERCY
>>
>>55842227
Marisha argues with Matt way more than Orian did. I rewatched them too. I just don't see it.

>>55842231
Dude was a Sage. Fighting up high was what he did.

>>55842251
I have sciatica and scoliosis. I'd love to get it fixed.
>>
>>55842249
Yeah and I forget the episode but you can tell Travis was getting annoyed by the comments he made towards Laura.
>>
PERCY'S PULLING OUT DEMON RECEIPTS :0
>>
PACT TIME?
>>
why the hell not? is matt bullying him?
>>
Did they really not tell the priest of Bahamut that the guy with the Hand of Vecna worships Tiamat?
>>
>>55842285
Did they even mention he was a red dragonborn?
>>
>>55842284
Demons weren't going to do shit to a gods will anon. It would be stupid to entertain the idea.
>>
>>55842275
>I rewatched them too. I just don't see it.
Then you're probably a little out of touch with normal human interaction.
>>
>>55842284
>>55842295
Also, the piece of paper isn't a telepathic link, lol...
>>
>>55842293
they could probably tell from the hand
>>
>>55842312
it activates on a phrase doesn't it?
>>
>>55842312
But Percy doesn't know that, he's a guy that thinks guns are cursed and evil unlike magical swords.
>>
File: mirror.jpg (131 KB, 2000x2000)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>55842275
>>
>>55842305
Well... yeah.

>>55842314
Pic related.

>>55842322
But that doesn't mean he could talk to him through it... whoa laura just said what i typed.
>>
>>55842322
Contracts must be signed, usually in blood.
>>
File: 1434068789597.jpg (30 KB, 461x348)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>55842337
pic super related
>>
>>55842275
Being a Sage involves researching a creature ahead of time, not abusing outside knowledge of the game at any point and claiming you researched it at some point in your history.

Also he didn't fight for almost the whole fight because of his god damn powergaming.
>>
>>55842351
It was. Invoking it is another matter.
>>
>>55842366
And then packed it in like an asshole while the DM was still expositioning, AND THEN got the true final hit
>>
>>55842366
>Also he didn't fight for almost the whole fight
BULL say it with me SHIT
>>
Finally VM is getting down to the six of a normal group.
>>
>>55842366
>not abusing outside knowledge of the game at any point and claiming you researched it at some point in your history.

In reality, it's more like

> Hey DM, what do I know about X
> Roll for X
> Oh I, you know < this much info > based on your research.
>>
>>55842385
He spent the entire first phase outside the temple talking to Illithid

>>55842400
He didn't do that. His character just insisted not to fight it in his lair, and when he finally got convinced to make a check Matt told him he never knew about it
>>
About how much longer do you think it'll run?
>>
File: why.png (16 KB, 185x149)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>55842388
>Six of a normal group
>Never played in one that large
>>
>>55842385
Dude even the party commented on him not being there for so much of the fight. I don't have anything against Orion but I'm honestly perplexed on how you think he was an alright fit in the group.
>>
>>55842366
Plus, what's he supposed to do, die because he had to pretend not to know how best to use his character? That's idiotic. Vex didn't go in either. Is that metagaming too?
>>
>>55842388
I'll miss Ashley. But she could easily be a regular guest.
>>
>>55842416
Oh I know. I think he's an asshole who went about everything he did the wrong way.

I'm just refuting the idea of what being a Sage means in regards to what that anon said.

He could or could not have had in-game knowledge, if it came to a roll.

He just borked that whole thing up.
>>
File: Sage feature.png (342 KB, 516x275)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>55842400
No, that's not how the feature works.
>>
>>55842417
Probably another 45 minutes max, this is essentially the epilogue
>>
>>55842427
Yeah the next week when they didn't remember clearly. If you actually watch the fight, he was just as active as the rest and the choice for him to go down to Illithid was a group decision.

>>55842416
See you need to go rewatch. Talking to the Illithid was the LAST thing he did. He had to spend two rounds out there because he didn't realise matt wasn't going to let him dash (for some reason).
>>
>>55842429
Vex is a markswoman and hangs back in every fight. She also still fought.
>>
>>55842400
The problem with rolls like that in a system like 5e is that you don't separate things properly. It's easy to know everything.
>>
>>55842429
>Plus, what's he supposed to do, not use out of character knowledge about lair actions? That's idiotic. The archer with better range than him stayed outside. Is that metagaming too?
>>
>>55842450
Please don't make me break this down for you sentence by sentence, I'm tired enough as it is. I'll just ask this: Based on the first sentence of that feature, how do you propose we find out if the PC does or doesn't know or recall a piece of information?
>>
>>55842453
Grog has to use the cards at the very least.

>>55842471
SO DO FUCKING SORCERERS.
>>55842477
The archer with better range than him stayed outside.
Fire bolt goes 120 feet. You're drunk.
>>
>>55842495
>Fire bolt goes 120 feet. You're drunk.
Longbow is 150/600, it is several times longer ranged.
>>
>that moment when tiberius first finds out that alura and kima used to be an item and alura may not like men
>"story of my life"
that shit was 2real
>>
>>55842506
The temple wasn't 200 feet floor to ceiling. Just stop.
>>
>>55842468
Matt didn't let him dash because he was literally trying to do a million things per turn every time.

Can you explain how his playstyle fit with everybody else? Sometimes people just don't mesh at a table and Orion didn't mesh with this one.
>>
>>55842514
Dude was funny. Fact.
>>
>>55842516
>post
>goalposts
>>
>>55842516
https://astranauta.github.io/spells.html
Go there. See how many spells he could have used if he just wasn't metagaming.
>>
>Pub is called "The Quarry's End"
Fucking Matt
>>
>>55842506
The rule used to be that certain projectile spell effects continue moving past the range. I assume that's too much tactical detail for 5e though.
>>
File: smile1.png (779 KB, 1280x544)
779 KB
779 KB PNG
>>55842529
>"they're just friends!"
>Tibs' face when
>>
VM is celebrating while there are still wounded on the battlefield, shitheads until the very end.
>>
>>55842583
>Wounded in a city of clerics
The healthcare's probably better than LA
>>
this is the most drawn out and boring epilogue I have ever seen.
>>
>>55842550
No, it's that maximum range on spells is actually maximum range. It's a spell that shoots fire, it doesn't create a physical object.
>>
>>55842603
It's like no one wants it to end, and they're doing what they can to draw it out.
>>
>>55842603
Thats because it's not for us as much as it's for the players
>>
>>55842603
Don't know what you expected, they saved the day and Matt dropped Liams arc at the beginning. Victory laps are always shit.
>>
>>55842603
It's fine, quit complaining.
>>
>>55842620
Oh right so not like ice dagger or crystal shards. Do they still do that though?
>>
Press F to pay respects
>>
PULL A CARD MOTHER FUCKER PULL A MOTHER FUCKING CARD
>>
Is it cringey that I took a drink too?
>>
The Grand Pooba De Doink of Greyskull Keep
>>
>>55842669
No but it's cringy to post about it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A
>>
So like, Tailesin is involved with Matt / Marisha in like a free love kinda way, right?

There's no way he's this much of a gay best friend irl.
>>
ashley better mention the promise to scanlan
>>
He was always the best man we had.
>>
>>55842686
He has a girlfriend, can't tell you/
>>
>>55842686
I think Taelsin is married/has a girlfriend.
>>
>>55842686
>>55842699
Yeah. I think they just pity him because he's a fucked up child actor
>>
>>55842686
As of the end of the Whitestone arc (The first Winter Veil) his girlfriend made them all cookies.

I think its one of those friendzoned so hard but he doesn't really care scenarios
>>
HE'S DOIN IT AND LAURA IS STILL TRYING TO COCKBLOCK IT
>>
>>55842686
I sincerely hope they don't sit near each other next campaign, shit is insanely weird.
>Grog cards
FUCKIN FINALLY
>>
File: wink3.gif (375 KB, 200x200)
375 KB
375 KB GIF
>>55842686
He admitted he was bisexual on another show so you never know~
>>
Please please please someone get banished
>>
Card time
>>
It's the last session and they're actually debating this...
>>
DRAW CARD
CUT TO CREDITS
DO IT MERCER YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
>>
Goddamnit Laura, please don't ruin this.
>>
>>55842740
I fucking swear to god
>>
I hope he gets the one that reduces his XP
>>
>>55842692
I'll actually be a little disappointed if Pike and Scanlan don't end up together at the very end
>>
Cocktease
>>
COCKBLOCKED
>>
fucking just let him
>>
aaaaaand Travis bitches out because everyone is vetoing it
>>
>>55842723
>I sincerely hope they don't sit near each other next campaign, shit is insanely weird.
Not gonna lie, it did get distracting after awhile.

>>55842725
That's why I'm thinking he's definitely involved. The three of them are inseparable Burning Man crew and very close.
>>
BITCHES
>>
>>55842758
me too
>>
>That trollface from Travis
>>
FUCK, PULL A FUCKING CARD
>>
>>55842768
Matt and Talesin are very very close friends.

I have no idea what they did at Burning Man
>>
File: WHORES.png (106 KB, 600x680)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>mfw he puts it back
>>
>>55842768
I've been to that giant party and what happens at Burning Man stays at Burning Man
>>
>>55842793
Matt milked Talesin's prostate and asked him after he announced he was coming How do you want to do this
>>
>>55842797
Same here. Which is why I'm convinced.
>>
>... in your own room. Spread eagle on the bed.

Is it weird that that's immediately where my mind went?
>>
>ending the campaign without a scanlan story
Fuck, man, sam was right
>you never cared for me, you never did anything for me, [list of party sidequests], what's my mother's name?
>>
>>55842842
>what's my mother's name?
Patty?
>>
>patrick rothfuss pops up in the chat to ask about his character
>>
>>55842842
I'm sure Sam was happy enough to get to play Tarry (Who seemed to mean a ton to Matt as a lot of the coming out party was based on his real life uncle)
>>
This is rough. Not because of the content itself, but seeing all of them fidget and fight so hard to keep it from ending as it fizzles out, like pretty much all the great stories in media.

Fuck.
>>
>>55842881
Probably fine. What would Vecna need with a backwater like... I can't even remember the name.
>>
>>55842876
Not even close. Juniper
>>
>>55842910
>Juniper
What a stupid name. I'm glad she's dead.
>>
>>55842890
>As soon as I read that Matt's voice cracked and he clearly was stalling for something else to do before the Epilogue
>>
>>55842887
good thing critters are so understanding and supportive of representation of gay characters :^)
>>
>>55842920
I hated that faggot shit.
>>
>>55842920
The funny part most of the fans were fine with it, and the only people who got pissed were gay people who thought they were making fun of gays/their plight.
>>
>>55842941
>and the only people who got pissed were gay people who thought they were making fun of gays/their plight.
"i am trying to support your cause"
"why do you mock us so?"
>>
>>55842842
Paying for his girl to go to school is the most beautiful story ever though.
>>
>>55842972
https://ladygeekgirl.wordpress.com/2017/03/11/sexualized-saturdays-critical-role-and-the-complexities-of-lgbtq-representation/
>>
>>55842941
I was hoping his night with the big chick would knock some sense into him, but alas, no. We were stuck with more gay shit.
>>
>>55842980
>complains about not adhering to preferred pronouns
She can't even keep up with indefinite pronouns. If you use "one' or "you", you stick with one of them for the sentence and don't switch over.
>>
>>55843003
>preferred pronouns
Fucking batshit nonsense. LGB is fine. FUCK T.
>>
take the knot pike
>>
>>55842941
I still liked that moment. Part of me thought it was a little fucked that a beat after Tarry revealed his relationship with Larry, a whore had his way with him. But another part of me thought that was some good drama. Sometimes situations are fucked up.
>>
HE'S DOING IT
>>
>>55843061
Thats exactly what Matt was going for
>>
FINALLY
>>
HE DREW ONE
>>
File: 1445364604277.jpg (18 KB, 413x395)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
TRAVIS IS OUR MAN
>>
Suuuuure she did
>>
BEST BOY
>>
DONT YOU FUCKING DARE PIKE
>>
"Oh shit" -Matthew Mercer
>>
>>55843083
she said it before it hit
>>
PRAISE TRAVIS
>>
>>55843083
Talk about fudging rolls.
>>
>>55843022
When T is normalized people will just find another minority that isn't normalized or protected to turn their hate on. It seems like a pretty reductive way to live to knowingly choose to become a social artifact.
>>
VOID
>>
>>55843072
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS WOOO BEST END
>>
HAHAHAH
>>
>Grog drew The Void

Bye-bye Grog.
>>
AHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
VOID!
>The Void: This black card spells disaster. Your soul is drawn from your body and contained in an object in a place of the DM's choice. One or more powerful beings guard the place. While your soul is trapped in this way, your body is incapacitated. A wish spell can't restore your soul, but the spell reveals the location of the object that holds it. You draw no more cards.
>>
VOID
>>
HA
>>
>VOID
>>
VOID
>>
FUCKING GROG
>>
He voided Ashley
>>
SOUL BANISHED LOL
>>
>Travis just made himself a McGuffin for the next campaign
>>
>>55838909
OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOD

im laughing so fuckin hard
>>
BEST END
>>
TRAVIS!!!
>>
File: I feel it.jpg (69 KB, 702x515)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
TRAVIS'S WILD RIDE CONTINUES
>>
>>55843101
Yeah, that'll never happen. It's NOT normal. It will never be normal. It's not culture that makes me not like them. It's fucking instinct.
>>
A SWORD With HIS SOUL NEXT CAMPAIGN
>>
PUT HIM IN A SWORD
PUT HIM IN A SWORD
PUT HIM IN A SWORD
PUT HIM IN A SWORD
>>
No ragrets
>>
While i'm glad they finally pulled a card

why couldnt have been Keyleth?!
>>
>Marisha having a breakdown in the background
Holy shit it's everything I've ever wanted
>>
Grog sentient weapon next campaign
>>
>>55843108
Can you wish to be able to control your body like that of a lich?
>>
He's in Arkhan's hand. But I want him to be in a sword for next campaign.
>>
>Matt letting them off easy
>>
>>55843163
Can't cast if incapacitated.
>>
Grog has literally become Sleeping Beauty.
>>
aw
>>
>>55843163
Nigga, your soul is stuck inside something, and you are incapacitated. You can't do jack shit.
>>
>>55843143
>>
File: 1464926656692.jpg (102 KB, 630x627)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
GODDAMN YOU MATT
>>
>>55843170

I mean it's a shame Matt is retconning it but that was a fun fucking moment.

He is completely fucking right that it would be easy for them.

Plus this will PROBABLY be a One-Shot
>>
>could be a neat future campaign plot point
>lolnah

lame
>>
>>55838909
Best card...worst possible timing. Travis mvp, always.
>>
Literally an epilogue where they have to go to the Halls of Pandemonium for a post-credits adventure that happens.
>>
Travis is sleeping on the couch tonight
>>
Literally never seen Matt hand wave something like that. Holy shit. This is it boys. We epilogue now.
>>
"Oh! It got me a chair!"
>>
>>55843191
Quite right. Could be so cool.... could be so easy. But stupid autism.
>>
>>55843140
>repeats the same thing people have always said about everything, even gays, even race
I know man, I know, that's just who you are going to be in this life.
>>
>>55843191
>He is completely fucking right that it would be easy for them.
The intent is that it's a creature powerful enough to stop it from happening. In this case, it would be a jewel in the hoard of tiamat, who resides in the nine hells, or inside the stomach of the Terrasque.
>>
>>55843223
It's nice being right.
>>
THE MOST AMAZING COMEDIC TIMING
>>
>ashley blinks out and back in at literally the right moment
Holy shit
>>
>>55843225
If it were their personal game he would have done it, but this was for the audience, that simple.

Free 1 shot idea.
>>
This is like Korgoth of Barbaria tier. Love it.
>>
>Grog became a soul in a gem just like the skull he wanted
>>
That cake looks fucking tasty. I bet it's vegan or some stupid shit though.
>>
>>55843253
Seeing as how she tweeted about going to Taco Bell I HIGHLY doubt it
>>
Travis is the best. Holy shit.
>>
LAST CALL
A
S
T
C
A
L
L
>>
>>55843245
Honestly, the best answer would have been what was posted above, turning Grog into a sentient sword that they could come across in the next campaign.
>>
>>55843253
Hey make, vegan cakes can be great.
>>
>>55843269
>Implying its her personal cake.
>>
>>55843277
>vegan cakes can be great.
Don't even joke about things like that.
>>
TELL SCANLAN YOU LOVE HIM

REEEEEEEE
>>
File: bun.jpg (457 KB, 1600x1470)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
Ashley is too pure for this world.
>>
>>55843275
Oh abso-fucking-lutely. Would have been such a strong finish.
>>
>>55843292
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PIKE PLEASE
PLEASE
>>
Ohh PLEASE PIKE I NEED THIS
>>
>>55843325
Pike wants that big Grog dick.
>>
>>55843340
Who wouldn't desu
>>
YES
>>
SHE SAID IT
>>
Too pure.
>>
Das cute :3
>>
Here we go boys
>>
She's got to be doing that on purpose.
>>
What a rollercoaster
>>
3/3 Ashley Johnson perfect
>>
>>55843376
She has a lagswitch
>>
Ashley's internet has comedic timing on elder god levels.
>>
TARY!?
>>
>Scanlan was barely a man in his 20s when all this shit happened

Truly, the longest con of them all.
>>
THEY HAD NO IDEA HE WAS 69 YEARS OLD THIS ENTIRE TIME
IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS
>>
>Scanlan was 69 years old when they started the campaign

HAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>55843309
Part of me wants to do such dirty things to her.

The rest of me is disgusted by that part because she's too pure.
>>
69. This fucking guy.
>>
>>55843174
Let your team do it.
>>
TARY TIME
>>
>>55843425
She's with that scruffbag BWFoster. She's a dirty, dirty gnome. I wonder if she fucked Mel Gibson....

>>55843435
Well that's a whole different cup of tea.
>>
>Tfw Goodbyes make me super sad and im crying even though nothing sad is happening
>>
>i had written a letter
>but yours was much better
one last rhyme
>>
>>55843451
This is the "they lived happily ever after" part. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>55843465
that bastard

seriously, Sam's singing and rhyming was inhuman, he honestly just needs to be a bard again
>>
>>55843472
For some reason happily ever afters make me super sad.

I think things just being "over" makes me sad.
>>
GIVE HIM THE V
>>
GROGBLOCKED
>>
a wild liam appears
>>
>Liam presumably out of somewhere
>>
Ask Wilhand
Speak with dead
>>
"What you got?"
>>
>Pike, Scanlan and Grog living together
>Scanlan and Grog double teaming Pike forever
>>
>>55838909
I'm going to miss grog so much
>>
File: 1412573077953.jpg (79 KB, 719x689)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>You will never play with someone as classy as Ashley, Travis, and Sam.
>>
Man, Travis and Sam are so fucking good.
>>
>>55843529
I hope Ashley plays a fighter/barb with low int because she is pretty fucking clever too
>>
File: 1416569804102.png (3 KB, 210x222)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>grog crying at being asked to be best man
>>
>Percy
>Vex
I've been drinking this evening.
I know what will happen. I hate happening be sad/happy but this is what will happen.
>>
>>55843546
I meant Laura
>>
The clock he's referring to.
>>
>Vex and Percy start having lots of kids

Like the nobility of old, nothing changes.
>>
5 kids!

>>55843555
I don't know what you're implying
>>
Percy "I want to build a clock tower"

Vex "I wanna fuck and pop out tons of kids...oh and a bear statue"
>>
>Liam is just sitting there

I truly did no notice.
>>
>>55843561
He is literally building "The World's Faire", which might make next campaign interesting
>>
>>55843571
>I don't know what you're implying

>I know what will happen. I hate happening be sad/happy but this is what will happen.
>I hate happening be sad/happy but this is what will happen.
>I hate being sad/happy
>This is what will happen
???????????????????????
>>
>>55843593
What are you implying will happen?
>>
>>55843576
stealth bonus is a hell of a drug
>>
>>55843601
I see you cannot comprehend what will happen.
>>
That was the perfect Grog moment
>>
>>55843583
What's the world's faire?
>>
not a tear this entire fucking time, but Grog wanting to read and now i'm losing it god damnit
>>
>>55843614
what in the actual fuck.
>>
>>55843625
Literally what led to most of the technological advances

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_fair
>>
>grog nat 20's persuasion
it wasn't percy as the last crit
>>
>Final die roll of the campaign is a Nat 20
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
Travis never fails to break me
>>
>>55843652
He broke Taliesin as well.
>>
>Keyleth then Vax

ending ruined
>>
GROG FINISHES CAMPAIGN ON A QUEST FOR KNOWLEDGE AND MENTAL IMPROVEMENT
>>
>>55843639
As you know, autism is unfortunately tolerated.
Also, neck yourself.
>>
File: Bayterek.jpg (140 KB, 960x635)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>55843640
>Expo 2017 held in capital of Kazakhstan
Shit. I had no idea it looked that modern.
>>
>Liam with his sleeves rolled up
>>
They've really stretched a nothing game.
>>
>>55843689
It's called roleplay
>>
>>55843689
Do you blame them? Its the goodbye for their 5 year campaign.

It's been entertaining enough
>>
i'm gonna miss grog scanlan and pike as characters the most, but anything travis plays is amazing so i think it's gonna be fine
>>
>>55843697
Don't be a dick.
>>55843698
No, not at all, but it's over 4 hours!
>>
File: boy_of_culture.jpg (25 KB, 680x456)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>Scanlan and Pike get married, proceed to live with Grog
>Percy makes a clock tower and never creates another gun for the rest of his life
>Vex has a bunch of kids and focuses on bear-centric pursuits
>Grog turns himself in for his /crimes/, continues to be an unknowing bully, learns to read, and continues to just be a bro.
>Keyleth stays thirsty for a thousand years.

There are flaws with Critical Role, undoubtedly, but it was a comfy campaign. Few campaigns ever get to really end, as most fizzle out, and few ever reach this level of fame. It's a game of friends, of of buddies, and while they're all actors... I dunno, there's just something pure about it.
>>
ok keyleth is officially ruining this ending by trying to be deep
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>sometimes its hard being a prodigy
>because you grow up to be a regular adult
>>
File: The Arbventure Zone.png (783 KB, 614x812)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
I wonder if Arby's will comment on the end of Critical Role?
>>
AAAAAAAND SCENE
>>
>>55838909
>Marisha once again doesn't know when to let it end
Sasuga Keyleth
>>
>>55843737
I mean the Aramente was supposed to take tens of hundreds of years and she did hers in like 2
>>
>Raven starts talking in Gilbert Godfried voice.
>"SHOW ME YOUR PUSSY LITTLE ELF GIRL"
>>
>no campaign until new year
reeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>bird comes to visit the druid every day
>she doesn't talk to the bird

22 WIS
>>
So when's the next episode going to be? 2 weeks? Did they say?
>>
RATE THE CAMPAIGN
>>
>>55843778
New year
>>
>>55843780
7/10
>>
>>55843780
With nothing to really compare it to - I'd say 7/10
>>
>>55843778
they'll be doing various one shots i assume every week, but next campaign starts next year
>>
>>55843778
Read the thread and chat ffs. They're doing a bunch of one-shots and what not until after the new year. 2018 is when Mercer starts the new campaign proper.
>>
>>55843775
I think that makes sense. Unlike Vex, who is constantly trying to contact Vax to no avail, Keyleth knows Vex is beyond her reach.
>>
File: 1437008109902.png (128 KB, 342x409)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
peace out faggots, see you in January
>>
>>55843788
New year is new campaign, they said they'll have "other things" in the meantime, although i expect time off, especially for the wedding.
>>
It's actually over. Wow. What a ride.
>>
>>55843780
bretty gud/10
>>
>>55843778
One shots until next year.
>>55843780
Solid 8 out of 10, miles better than anything I'll ever play. Shit was electric when it was good, average when at it's worst.
>>
>>55843804
>Fuck you. I wasn't asking about the new campaign. I said the next episode. One shots and shit.
>>
>>55843780
Campaign? 7/10
Players?
Travis 10
Liam 5
Laura 8
Talesin 6
Ashley 6
Sam 10
Marisha 1
>>
Goodnight Everyone

>>55843780
Comfy/10

It's not perfect, they fib the rules , there's some cringe and some very poor decisions but isn't that the same as our home campaigns, I will always love this series even if Marisha can be a bit of a ... well lets not ruin the mood. I had a great time and that's all that matters. Remember the 1st rule of D&D is have fun.
>>
>>55843778
Probably the battle royale next week.

>>55843780
>8.2/10
Unlike most campaigns, it had an ending and a great cast of voice actors. Marisha's everything and Liam's occasional autism is the only reason it's not higher.
>>
>>55843780
Based upon what we saw?

8/10.

A little cliche at times, but carried by the strength of the good roleplay moments (ie., most of the ones that didn't involve Vax and/or Keyleth), creative player ideas, and combined with some very hype moments make for an entertaining story to watch.
>>
>>55839301
Been here since day one, since I'm a fan of Liam O'Brien.
It's been a long road, getting from there to here.
>>
>>55843824
Well next week is the wedding. I would assume they would take at least a week off for that and honeymoon, but I dunno.
>>
>>55843780
8/10

Story wise it stayed pretty strong throughout, and in general the players were fun to watch. Keyleth/Vax and Percy were annoying at times, but they contributed enough to the story dynamic.

>>55843807
The only week that there probably won't be main cast content is Wedding week, but I know that Matt has said they wanted to play some board games, one-shots (Both 5e and other systems) during the break.

Essentially they need to detox themselves from their characters
>>
File: 1507767124906.jpg (47 KB, 640x480)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>55843737
That was physically revolting to listen to. Every time I think it can't get any worse, that i'm prepared for her cringeworthy nonsense, she somehow tightens the thumbscrews.
>>
>>55839301
my friend suggested it to me because i was watching the terrible somethingawful d&d lp
i binged 100 episodes in 3 weeks
>>
It was a good ride. I hope 2018 comes soon.
>>
>>55843292
>>55843325
IT FUGGIN HABBENED.

GROG BEST MAN

Best possible canon.

Shame there was no Gilmore ending, even though it was just going to be a rich flamboyantly gay merchant some more.
>>
I think I started just before the Briarwood arc.
>>
>>55843838
Matt and Marisha will probably be gone for a while, rest will probably rotate through one shots ran by Liam, Sam and others.
>>
>>55839301
The episode where Grog was dueling a monk. 80-something? I've known of most of the cast members for many years though.
>>
>>55843850
Poor Matt
>>
This was fun. I hope to see you all again during the one shots and new campaign
>>
>>55843836
My guess is there won't be an episode with most/all of the cast for at least three weeks. I suspect there won't be one next week as everyone will be at the wedding, then the following two weeks will be a series of one-shots and two-shots run by various other people at the table and other DMs they have on call.

Basically most/all of November and December will be a lot of one and two-shots, answering fan questions, a Battle Royale amongst the entire cast, and probably ending the year with a "session 0" character creation one where we get a bit of backstory and revelation of what everyone's new character is going to be.
>>
This show was genuinely good and anyone disagreeing is a fucking contrarian.
>>
>>55843850
Yeah, which is fine. Liam is a pretty great DM and so is Satine Phoenix as long as you don't stare at her

I am REALLY hoping for a Pandemonium One-Shot now.
>>
>>55838909
>5 year campaign
How the shit do you even reroll at that point. Growing pains are going to be rough in a few months.
>>
>>55843871
>Satine Phoenix
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>55843871
> Satine Phoenix
How about no
>>
I'm going to assume Matt is forever DM, but what would your thoughts be on him playing in the next one?
What would he probably play? Do you think he could do well, or would he run into issues from not being always the one who knows all?
Example: Our groups former forever DM has issues where he assumes any incongruities are mistakes, and not intentional, even when its pointed out to him. He never explores or experiments, he just moves forward
>>
>>55843882
They have all played pretty low level characters in One-Shots recently, and plus there is something fun about low level adventures

Also thats why the break is so long, so that they are remove themselves from their characters
>>
I can't wait for the new campaign, lads.
>>
>>55843898

they should bring in perkins
>>
>>55843898
I doubt he will ever not be DM, but when he has played in the past he has been fine (I have only seen him in Liam's one shot and Sagas of Sundry though
>>
>>55843898
the main problem with matt playing is that there's no one who could replace him with this cast
i'm sure he'd be great at something, he's created tons of memorable npcs
>>
>>55843898
From the few games I watched him play he tends to go more support oriented and just goes with the flow of things
>>
>>55843898
>What would he probably play?
He's said his favorite class is Bard and his favorite race is Dwarf so probably that.
>>
>>55843912
He was quite good in the Paranoia one-shot too, where Ivan Van Norman was GMing.
>>
File: This Guy.jpg (42 KB, 511x511)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>55843780
>8/10
The only thing that I never liked was just rules based things as this a show that garnered a lot of traction and brought a lot of people into the game which I think is great (Heck this was the breaking point to get me into the game), but they are being introduced with some loose interpretations of the way the game is played on a technical aspect which can ruin some things. Everything else I constantly enjoyed I love, LOVE the emotion and genuine passion these people put into their characters and lives and wish I could see this one day in my home games.
>>
>>55843911
Perkins is best dm
>>
Wish list
>lvl 20 BR
>pandemonium one shot where everything is fucking crazy and psychedelic, Liam dm
>non fantasy one shot, shadowrun or some scifi setting
>Laura dm anything and makes lots of npc voices
>travis playing some leader/paladin character
>evil mini campaign
>>
we still have this super long talks machina q8a to look forward to at least
>>
>>55843780
I think it's a solid 6/10.

Here's my breakdown:
Campaign structure: 3/10
DM rulings: 7/10
Setting immersion: 7/10
NPC acting: 9/10
PC acting: 8/10
Rules used properly/interestingly: 3/10
Not Mary Sue rating: 5/10
Interesting RPG esoterica: 2/10
Group interaction: 8/10
>>
>>55843946
Perkins is just the Matt before Matt, so Aquisitions Inc. is just the Critical Role before Critical Role. Yes I'm implying Matt Mercer might likely become a salaried WotC lead designer and they're both a kind of shit.
>>
>>55843960
I will give my hand and eye for an evil campaign
>>
>>55844072
A bunch of shady fucks doing a hit on Arkhan? Sold
>>
>>55844082
Or Arkhan teaming up with a bunch of shady fucks and betraying them at the last second again, love it either way
>>
>>55844072
Wasn't Sam's oneshot basically evil-oriented?
>>
>>55844292
It was more Chaos-oriented, to be honest.
Liam's second one-shot ('Shrew Job', is it?) was definitely evil though
>>
>>55844292
Sam's one-shot was more Chaos-aligned with one very evil character in it because Liam wanted to play a cute, super evil girl.

Seriously; you worship a god whose sole desire and the ONLY thing he cares about is the utter annihilation of the universe and total entropy. Can't be much more evil than that.
>>
>>55844308
I think Liam's second one-shot was called, 'The Screw Job,' and it was what gave us as viewers the first example/taste of Travis playing a smart character, as he played an Assassin Rogue with 18 INT and just ran circles around everyone with his planning.

Too bad he couldn't roll for shit in that one shot.
>>
>>55841951
She sucks Matt's dick.
>>
But who was Pike originally in love with? I NEED TO KNOW
>>
>>55844801
That massive Grog dick obviously.
>>
>>55844817
Well, that'll make their roommate life a whole lot more awkward... Or a whole lot more sexy, but in a sorta weird way.
>>
>>55844801
Probably Percy, as Ashley hinted that Pike had a crush on someone in the party for a time.

Combined with the necklace that she gave to Percy and the advise she gave to Vex about not hesitating to chase after your feelings, is what makes me think that.
>>
>>55841067
Can you just pop open jewtube on your device and listen to it?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.