[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: exalted_op_image.jpg (554 KB, 1920x1080)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned them on.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view
>>
>Arms when?
>>
>>56377897
Soon(tm)
They sent in the proof with the "See Pg X" stuff filled in to WW central. After that, it's just organizing the specifics of release on RIch's hands I believe.
>>
>>56377102
For it. The person it was replying to was saying stuff like "why have a Night Caste when you can have an Exalt of Shadows?" the Exalt of Shadows only taps into a narrow band of what a Night Caste is capable of.
>>
>>56378453

But at the same time I feel the Exalt of Shadows would be able to do things the Night caste wouldn't be able to. Like many making a weapon hit multiple times due to shadow striking.
>>
>>56378916
Absolutely. Though the example you picked doesn't seem beyond the realm of custom charms for a 3e Solar.
>>
>>56378453
>>56378916
Also the effort of actually... making the Exalt of Shadows, or even if it's pregenned for you, it's probably never getting expansion material. Or the advantage of resonance with all materials and Mastery effects for MA.
>>
>>56378453
I also like that it provides an answer for players who like to put a lot of effort into chars but also like to stray outside of splat themes in pursuit of that goal and don't seem to care about thematic dissonance. I'm looking at you, (some) Infernals and Abyssal players. This gives them a potential reward mechanism via the ST and even better the ST gets to work with them to prevent it from getting out of hand. I don't see how this is bad.
>>
File: SouthernCity.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>56377668
Now, as for an actual thread topic, how did your campaign start, Anon?

> Bonus Points: How did it end?
>>
I forget, can you steal somebody's bound demon by summoning it? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but not 100%
>>
>>56382832

No, and neither ca a Twilight use his Anima powers to steal a sorcerously bound demon.
>>
What previews were we given in the Kickstarter? Abyssals and Infernals?
>>
>>56386414
Dragon-blooded?
>>
>>56377102
To me it doesn't sound like that. To me it sounds like everything else is different, except for healing, since everything else is based on healing in the exigent but not in the solar. Even if you assume that the two are otherwise on the same power level, just with different focuses, that's a big difference.
>>
>>56377897
Before Thanksgiving with any luck.
>>
>>56381320
Sidereal fucks with doors to push Solars together, essentially.
>>
>>56388137
>luck
Does this look like a game of luck to you, bub? You jinxed it. Arms 2020 now.
>>
File: EveryDamnTime.gif (961 KB, 245x250)
961 KB
961 KB GIF
>>56389043
>implying Exalted 3E has had ANY luck
>WW dying
>the IP getting tossed around
>delays out the ass
>the dev's trying to scam money out of people for illness stories and shit
>hurr "natural language"
>durr no eratta file fuck you you don't need it
>rape ghosts
>Holden and Morke literally trying to hold the entire line hostage
>more delays
>still not a single book other than the core out
>>
>>56389108

Kickstarter - 2013, May
Exalted first leak - 2014, Jun
rpgdrivethru pdf - 2016, April 20 (only 3 years since kickstater campaign)
new developers - 2017, March 17

Just kill me.
>>
>People complaining about waiting for 3E for 4 years

Been waiting since 2011 to continue the campaign we were on with my buddies.
>>
>>56379256
>Or the advantage of resonance with all materials and Mastery effects for MA.
The Exalt of Shadow can resonate with the material the player so chose, and mastery Ebon Shadow if he wants. Why would it not? You can choose everything about it. It's a Lego exaltation. A DIY.

I want my Exalt of Shadow to have all the good stealth and throw charms of a night caste, but I don't really like the Solar socialize, so I replace it. Lunars are absolutely useless: here's the Exalt of Beasts. Terrestrial are useless: here's the Exalt of Flame. Also the Exalt of Flame can pass his exaltation to his descendant (though only one), because why not. I like it.

Instead of a player playing with the particular bounds and themes of an exaltation, one can instead just decide to create one serving his particular needs. The oulipo is right, true art is created by constraints. Removing all the constraints does not free you, it impedes your creativity and ultimately the setting's.

Exigents (or generic exaltations, don't kid yourself, that's what they are) dilutes and pollutes other conceptual spaces, without the creativity gain feeling like it outweigh the loss. This is why so many people have a deep and instant loathing for the idea of generic exaltations, though they often express themselves more crudely.

There are several hotfixes to that issue, though none even approaching perfection. All of them are, very obviously, additional constraints.

You can make generic exaltations less powerful than other Exaltations. You can enforce strongly a 'no encroaching on other Exaltation' rule, either in or out setting. You can give a hard-limit on the number of generic exaltation existing on Creation at the same time, if only to somewhat prevent a circle of five generic exaltations together. You can say that generic exaltations need to be 'refilled' with divine essence after a while, forcing them to have an active divine patron at all time. Not good solutions, but a start.
>>
>>56390699
>You can give a hard-limit on the number of generic exaltation existing on Creation at the same time, if only to somewhat prevent a circle of five generic exaltations together.

...the fuck, no it won't
I've never seen someone making a character go "we've already got 3 Solars in this circle, a fourth would be unrealistic so I'm going to play a Dragon-Blooded instead"
>>
>>56390699
>I want my Exalt of Shadow to have all the good stealth and throw charms of a night caste, but I don't really like the Solar socialize, so I replace it. Lunars are absolutely useless: here's the Exalt of Beasts. Terrestrial are useless: here's the Exalt of Flame. Also the Exalt of Flame can pass his exaltation to his descendant (though only one), because why not. I like it.

I once saw someone present a Celestial Martial Art to their Storyteller for their Chosen of Battles that was literally a chunk of Solar Melee with some prerequisites moved around and Fivefold Bulwark Stance renamed to Heavenly Guardian Form.

I didn't think the game system was at fault for not specifically stating that you couldn't copy/paste a combat tree and call it a Martial Art.
>>
>>56390699
>This is why so many people have a deep and instant loathing for the idea of generic exaltations, though they often express themselves more crudely.

hahaha oh my god are you trying to defend being a fucking moron over imaginary things by typing up a nice couple sentences then hamfistedly squeezing this in there? Man, tell me more things you think. At least it'll be entertaining in it's moronic flair!
>>
>>56390699
>The Exalt of Shadow can resonate with the material the player so chose
As long as the material is associated with shadows, which includes...none of the five magic materials, not even soulsteel.

>and mastery Ebon Shadow if he wants
Mastery of martial arts is not a quality associated with shadows, and Ebon Shadow is only partially abotu actual shadows, so no, this wouldn't work.

>You can choose everything about it. It's a Lego exaltation. A DIY.
You can build an Exigent around some specific theme. You can't just throw wandom shit together.

>I want my Exalt of Shadow to have all the good stealth and throw charms of a night caste, but I don't really like the Solar socialize, so I replace it.
Then you replace it with worse, or at least more narrow and shadow-y, than Solar Socialize. Also you get to take only the parts of Solar Thrown that are about shadows, which leave syou with a pretty sad-looking Thrown Charmset. Also you can forget about Solar Stealth Charms like Mental Invisibility Technique, because that doesn't fit the theme.

>Instead of a player playing with the particular bounds and themes of an exaltation, one can instead just decide to create one serving his particular needs.
As long as your needs are served by a single thematically coherent set of Charms.

Originally I intended to address all of your claims, but fuck if I can be bothered. We don't have the Exigents book yet, we don't know shit about them, and yet pretty much everything you say somehow manages to contradict what little we do know about them. Did you intentionally set out to try and be as wrong as possible?
>>
File: UncleDeath2.jpg (68 KB, 400x400)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>56390699
>There are several hotfixes to that issue, though none even approaching perfection
No, there is one perfect fix. Fucking ignore them. They don't exist. Problem solved, 100%. Don't allow them in your games, and take every chance to tell the dev's you don't want this so don't bother making it. Enough negative feedback and it'll be dropped, just like the other new Exalt types should.
>>
>>56389108
>hurr rape ghosts

Why do banned faggots from Something Awful keep coming to treat /tg/ as their blog?
>>
Is there 2.5 core with errata in text, not in comments/notes/whatever? Plain text instead of pdf is fine too.
>>
>>56396281
Didn't you know that words used by someone you don't like can only have the meaning you want them to have?
>>
>>56396641
Yes. It's a technique I perfected while interacting with these people.
>>
>>56395871
what about people who like them?
>>
>>56397884
They're the equivalent of furries in terms of being healthy for anything in the game line. We don't want them.
>>
Any must-have charms or good abilitiy recommendations for a melee+athletics focused fire aspect in the west?
>>
>>56397920
what about infernals and alchemicals? can they stay?
>>
>>56397995
Yes, because they've been here since 1E in terms of actually being mentioned.
>>
>>56398012
aren't liminals mentioned in 2e or was that some kind of DB my memory is fuzzy
>>
>>56398041
Mentioned at the very ass end of 2E only because Morke/Holden was already planning on inserting their shitty OC Exalt's into the game because they knew they were going to do 3E, so added some mentions as a "teaser" for that garbage.
>>
>>56398082
You know what you could do? You could not be assblasted about every change to the setting.
>>
>>56397920
So they’re Lunar fans? Because I’d rather have Liminals than Lunars.
>>
>>56398548
No, they're the equivalent of furries. ie: Something cancerous that needs to be ignored for the health of the game line as a whole. In this case, because Liminals are a shitty idea with themes that take away from an already sort of boring Exalt type (Abyssals).

You can like Lunars without being a furry.
>>
It makes me so sad that White Wolf is dead.
>>
>>56398587
No, I definitely think Lunars are the biggest cancer, of all time. They’re just shitty waifu-bait and furry pandering. Just excise them and replace with Liminals.
>>
Is there a guide to make custom charms somewhere? Or where can I find the rules in the books?
>>
>>56398647
Its not going to be a thing until Exigents
>>
>>56398629
Years of shitty rules, and terrible mismanagement makes you miss them? Is this beaten housewife syndrome?

>>56398647
There is no official guide yet. Honestly, the easiest way to make custom stuff is to just look at what currently exists, and keep it around the same power level.
>>
>>56398647

I made one in my ST guide. Head down to the charms section.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sG52v0QCij7-vI0Y3Mb2s2gusu8dfkzdUOLkmMshw3Q/edit
>>
>>56398682
I liked playing NWoD and Vampire a lot so probably yes
>>
>>56398116

Liminals were created because they hated Abyssals and wanted to steal conceptual space from them.
>>
>>56398639
ok holden.
>>
>>56400281
The same can be said about Infernals, but they're everyone's darling so you just get shouted down.

Free-willed servants able to grow and achieve a dark transhumanism, but tied to static and ancient primordials is a massive pillar of the Abyssal Exaltation. It's a real shame that rather than make an MOEP 2.5 for Abyssal we got Infernals instead.

The main issue is the idea that the Yozi would ever create free-willed servants again. There's a reason why in 1e they have Akuma instead. (And don't start about Infernal Exalted references in 1e, they're just WW constantly feeling the need to call things by alternate names.)

Infernals are just as bad as Liminals, Exigents, and whatever further fanfiction-tier Exalts they keep stapling on over 1e's lore.
>>
>11/12/17(Sun)
>49 posts
>29 unique posters
You can't make this shit up
Fuck you, Rich, Morke, Holden, this ans Werewolf 20 were going to be THE RPGs for me and instead your assholery, both personal and professional, has killed Exalted and WW/OPP in general for me
>>
>>56401914

They consider it worth it. They needed to help their own careers/pedal social justice. Everything else is a means to an end...
>>
>>56401914

I don't think those two are alive, only to post sjw bullshit on their twitter accounts. I'm seeing this as few desperate souls trying to keep /exg alive. Buty yeah. 60 posts in 2 days....
>>
>>56401548
Fuck off Inugami
>>
>>56401993
...Help what?
Did they really think for an instant that they could ever have achieved something outside of OPP freelancing contracts?
They were just random scrubs put on a pedestal from their catamites on the official forum for having written a couple right Charms at the right time (and an endless stream of shitty and/or redundant ones, see The Dawn Solution)
Their biggest work, 2.5, was basically "Yo guys you have been asking no Combo for years so here you have it, no Combo, use whatever the fuck you want every round"
Their writing style is one word of concept, three words of Thesaurus roulette, which was barely tolerable in the 90s when "adult" gaymerz thought that it was the price to pay to read soemthing barely more engaging and mature than AD&D's spell list
How could they ever think any employer outside OPP/WW would ever look at their work twice?
>>
>>56402128
ok sunder
>>
>>56401914
Sometimes threads are fast, sometimes threads are slow. For me, the reason why I don't post much lately is because I don't want to read the same bitching ad-nauseum.
>>
>>56401548
I have to check though, do you really think Holden posts here or is it just a lazy meme?

Because some people are really being serious, apparently.
>>
File: 058[1].jpg (54 KB, 658x525)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>56401914
Back when we were incredibly excited about the hope 3rd Edition woudl come out in a reasonable time there were hundreds of poster. We could go on talking about nothing endlessly and often every day saw multiple threads hitting bump limit.
Now we finally have an actual game to talk about and, well... Pic related is all that comes to mind.
>>
>>56402227
Old lazy meme
Not particularly smart either, it gets used to mock anything, both stuff Holden would say himself and stuff Holden would hate; for example Holden loved Lunars and whatever he and Morke were cooking up for them (which now we may never know)
>>
>>56402234
The issue is, largely, that there's not all that much more to talk about. We've examined the book to death, and people largely agree that it's the best one. There hasn't been new content for a while, so everyone's either busy playing their game or talking about something else.
>>
>>56402417
Then where are all the neckbeards overeager to share with us they exploits of their amazing suepr special characters? You know we love to talk about that shit
They aren't all waiting until we have rules foir playing catgirls again, aren't they?
>>
>>56401787
yeah for years people used to shout at you for even wanting playable free-willed Infernals, funnily according to one friend of mine Holden used to be one of those people
>>
>>56398548
I'm kinda getting there... I've realised that the big problem Lunars have is that they keep miss-selling themselves as the Solars rightful co-rulers and equals but with lots of elders in the Age of Sorrows so when they're doing anything besides ruling the world with an iron fist they come across as hopeless retards and of course bullshitters when they're saying things like "oh we had Solar Circle Sorcery but the Solars took it away from us"

I fear this thing with the Caul is going to be the same, that their success with taking over most of it is going to be overshadowed by the fact their attempts to take Faxai is a humiliating string of failures against 'lesser exalts'
>>
>>56401787
>>56402582
I personally found the concept of Akuma boring and unnecessary.
The reason the Yozi and Neverborn couldn't make Exalted without free will is that Exalted need to be human, and human have, well, free will. Every Exalt character should be about choosing their own path. Yet there comes Akuma, who can get reprogrammed to be willing slaves to the point that the Yozi have to carefully word their Urges lest the Akuma be crippled in fucntion for following them to the letter. (Hence the Infernal: the Yozi realized that they couldn't figure out how to program the Akuma to fre them, so they made a bunch of free-willed Solar tier Exalts hoping they would figure it out for them)
It's just stupid, this whole Akuma thing.
>>
>>56402234
The only times I remember that happening were during Big News style moments like the actual KS or the game leaks
>>
>>56402153
haha cool
so which random scrub and their catamites would you prefer?
>>
>>56403938
Sufficiently woke posters from the Something Awful forums or Sufficient Velocity.
>>
>>56404262
2/10 bait
>>
>>56404401
All right then, Kevin Crawford, as Godbound is already a perfect system.
>>
File: laughing kelso.jpg.gif (602 KB, 320x213)
602 KB
602 KB GIF
HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Ex 3 Arms of the Chosen – Advance PDF on sale Weds on DTRPG.
>>
>>56405580
Also might as well add the cover.
>>
>>56405580
Holy shit it is true
>>
>>56405608
I've dropped that kind of giant FA armory on my players before. Watching their eyes goggle when they realise what they're surrounded is almost as much as stealing it all from them afterwards...
>>
>>56405580
YISS
>>
>>56405580

"Advance" means that we can buy it, spot typos or weird wording in the rules, and then send it to the devs for correction, right?

How many pages does it have?
>>
>>56406133
Yes. Also pages count is around 300 last I heard.
>>
File: fqvJ5xd.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1008)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>56406206

>300 pages

I mean, I get that there's an intro and Warstrider rules at least, but god damn that's a lot of Artefacts.
>>
>>56406361
Its probably going to be more like 250-200 as they probably tried to slim it down.
>>
>>56400281
No they weren't. They were inspired by Promethean: The Created. I know it's a popular fear that they will do so, and one that may in time prove to be founded but the devs explicitly said at every turn at every turn that it was mot their intention to do so, and judging by what little we've seen of Liminals in the book they seem to have been telling the truth.

Abyssals are still Blades and Vampire Hunter Ds and whatnot. They're still the uncontested champions of the Underworld. They're still between the living and the dead if they want to be. They in fact seem to have the potential for way more definition with the playing up of the "knight" aspect of their concept and this "chivalry of death" business. It looks like they have every chance of being treated better than they were in 2e and a lot of Abyssal fans are actually excited for their prospects.

Liminals seem to be something new. They're freaks who were never alive made from the dead. They don't drink blood for power (I don't think), but everything about them is stolen or repurposed. They seem to mainly fight freako in between things like themselves, which is admittedly something Abyssals also do, but seem to do so in a different idiom, with different tools, and at different power level. They completely lack the dark glory of the Abyssals and seem to occupy a radically different position in the setting.
>>
Immaculates don't even consider Liminals anathema.
>>
>>56406542
They consider Liminals fucking horrifying monsters that walk with the flesh of man, but they are not one of the nine types of Anathema.
>>
OP

>"world that turned them on."

>Welcome to my magical realm...

Why tho
>>
>>56406728
>>56377668
>>
>>56406728
I'm glad that someone finally noticed. This is your fault for not making a new thread for so long I had to do it.
>>
>>56406763
I don't and never have played exalted, I thought I would stop to read the general and get a feel for it...
>>
Can we talk about sainthood and deification for a bit? Obviously, the role of living saints, rishis, Buddhas, avatars, and demigods is occupied primarily by the Exalted themselves. And any ghost may gather a cult and hand out blessing, mainly to descendants. But I also know that people, especially mortals, are sometimes deified, sometimes while living but often upon death.

I'm not too interested in the game mechanics of this, although it's obvious how it might be done in 1e and 2e. I'm more interested in who might be deified, by whom, under what circumstances, and how this is regarded by different cultures of Creation.

For example, I understand that in the Realm's Immaculate orthodoxy, the Immaculate Dragons are revered and emulated but not worshipped and that a Dragonblood's ancestors are respected, but are there orthodox Immaculate saints aside from the Dragons? What about heretical cults to the Empress and notables from Realm and Shogunate history?
>>
>>56406763

Oh, has it only been like that for the one thread?
>>
>>56406410
>>56406206
>>56406133
It's 128 pages, up from an originally planned 64.
>>
>>56406792
Yes. Though I'll probably keep doing it whenever people fail to keep the thread alive and I have to be the one who remakes it.

>>56406769
Then you still have time to run away.

It's a fairly crunch heavy RPG set in a bronze age, swords-and-sorcery setting that draws as much from Greek, Indian, Chinese and Japanese mythology as it does from high-flying wuxia and anime. The setting and system are extremely intertwined. Third Edition is probably the best one so far, but due to mismanagement it took 4 years for the book to come out and interest largely died in the meanwhile. It's unfortunate.
>>
File: H8JA4BS.gif (309 KB, 342x512)
309 KB
309 KB GIF
>>56406798

300 pages was admittedly too good to be true. I am still reasonably erect, however.
>>
>>56406823
The book has only been out for a year and generated quite a bit of attention. I'm hoping that Vance and Minton are faster than the previous fucks though.
>>
>>56406823
>Yes. Though I'll probably keep doing it whenever people fail to keep the thread alive and I have to be the one who remakes it.
Why the fuck would you do that? Making a new thread isn't any specific person's responsibility, you can do it the same as anyone else, and just using the pre-existing OP is both the easiest and most decent way of oing on about it.
>>
File: 85e.jpg (75 KB, 600x650)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>56406871
>>
>>56406951
Moooooooddddssss
>>
>>56406869
Of course they'll be faster after so much work was done for them.
>>
>>56407028
Exactly. The core is done, that's the hardest part. Now roll out the supplement treadmill already.
>>
>>56407036
The big indicator will be the gap between Arms and Dragonbloods. Arms probably took a bit longer to complete because of the bullshit with John and Holden's departure mucking things up. Now that Vance and Minton have been working on Arms and DBs at the same time the only difference should be their input vs John and Holden's. Let's hope we don't have to wait another full year for Dragonbloods.
>>
>>56407192
Dragonbloods is already complete in text, just awaiting layout and art.
>>
>>56405608
I'm about to nut
One of you fuckers better get it out here when it finally hits godammit.
>>
File: Napoleon Bonaparte.jpg (145 KB, 800x1200)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
When a splat comes out for one of the new Exalt types and we still don't have a book for each of the terrestrial directions, or we don't have books for gods, elementals, fey, or demons, or we don't have an adventure module, I'm going to come back to this fucking general and shit on everyone who ever thought that the new Exalt types were a good idea. This setting was already enormous and we need content for what already exists, but noooo, let's introduce some Frankenstein bullshit and some anti-Sidereal bullshit and let's even throw in some Super Special Snowflake bullshit. God fucking dammit, just finish what's already on your plate.
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (18 KB, 600x450)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>56407520
>>
>>56407520
I'm going to call you a faggot then just like I'm going to call you a faggot now.
You're a faggot Anon.
>>
>>56407520
Okay, but what if we're all enjoying our new thing when you come back to call it shit? Will you really still find joy? I mean we won't be, because /tg/ is a fucking contrarian mongfest, but I'd laugh at you ala >>56407586
>>
>>56407520
That's a better point than usual, but one of the explicit goals of prioritizing the Exigents book is to alleviate the very situation you've described by helping us fake it until the appropriate books come out. Getimians (and Exigents, for that matter) as a concept provide much needed material for Sidereals to deal with and will probably be NPCs in the Sidereal book long before they get their own release. Or so I hope. I've got no real defense on Liminals other than it's something new to differentiate this edition from previous ones (I personally hated how much of 2e was just inferior, regurgitated versions of information I already had) and that it's something they wanted to do. It's very often a good idea to let your creative energy take you where it will rather than churn something out from a sense of obligation, but I'll admit that I'd be put out if I was waiting for my favorite splat while this weird Frankenstein thing got a book.
>>
>>56407520
>terrestrial directions

Can mostly use the expansive 2e stuff for it.

>gods, elementals, fey, or demons

valid, spirit charms at the very least, though I can kindasorta see them wrapping spirit rules into Exigents.
>>
Ok guys, what do you want Lunars to be this time?
>>
>>56407688
I didn't have much of a problem with 2e lunars desu. They could rip and tear something fierce.

Stuff to help them do their sneaky shit that didn't get fucked over by easily-spotted tells of overly obvious moonsilver tattoos would be nice.
>>
File: Cars.jpg (170 KB, 1280x634)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>Lunars will never be anywhere near their ideal peak, pic related
>>
So who is actually buying arms? I had to be one of the most fanatic fan boys of exalted for years and avid official forum poster but even I've lost interest with this slow release rate.
>>
>>56407688

Released
>>
>>56408107
I'm buying Arms. Buying it would encourage them to speed things up.
>>
>>56408155
Ditto, I'm gonna go ahead and buy.
>>
File: GuiltyGearElphelt2.jpg (275 KB, 900x967)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>56377668
>in a world that turned them on.

So, what REALLY gets your character's anima flaring there, if you know what I mean, everyone?
>>
>>56408165
same
>>
File: 1506783335670.png (289 KB, 375x613)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>56408155
>>56408165
>Buying it would encourage them to speed things up.

Naive children.
>>
File: Rance time.jpg (19 KB, 320x313)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>56408166
She Who Lives In Her Name.
The more challenging the conquest, the better.
>>
>>56408107
I'm buying it for sure. I'm actually excited to see what's in it.
>>
>>56407204
remains to be seen how Rich will manage to fuck this up
>>
>>56407204

I'm more concerned about the next splat - dragon blooded was in various degrees of drafts then edits for years. Another 2 year dry period after the Realm would kill the line.
>>
>>56408019
I'd bet on Ultimate Kars in a fight against any Lunar desu
>>
File: Ninja.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>56394012
>Mastery of martial arts is not a quality associated with shadows
>>
>>56407663
>much needed material for Sidereals to deal with
How much more did the Sidereals need to deal with? Basically everything in the setting is against them, including each other.
>>
>>56410303

Ninja
Mastery of martial arts
>>
>>56410303
Maybe he was thinking marital arts.
>>
>>56402538
Why would you need rules? Just play one ;3
>>
Arms wh-

>>56405580
Oh fucking christ finally
>>
>animated .gif file of Ashton Kutcher laughing mockingly
>>
File: Laughing Ashton.gif (478 KB, 500x375)
478 KB
478 KB GIF
>>56411738
>>
>>56408107
Not the PDF no, I'll buy the actual physical book whenever it decides to finally come out. That could be another few months though.
>>
>>56410303
We were not talking about the Exigent on Ninjas. Ninjas use shadows to their advantage, sure, but they aren't actually shadows, shadow spirits or anything of the sort. At least not by default, though they probably are just that in one setting or another.
>>
>>56410303
>>56412531
I mean, of all the technically unrelated concepts to martial arts, this one is pretty related to martial arts. In the pop culture sense at least, and let's be real, that's what matters the most in a context like this.
>>
>>56401787

Infernals and Abyssals are opposites though. Abyssals are evil solars in terms of power, but thematically are hugely different, bound tightly into the hierarchy of death and charged with carrying out the policy of their dread nation by their direct superiors. Infernals have crazy world-bending powers that they get from blendingthemselves with the shackled titans, but are thematically very close to Solars, being only lightly directed by distant masters and otherwise simply being free to reclaim and shape the world that was stolen from them ass they see fit.

They work quite well as two quite different dark mirrors of solar glory. Condensing this to one splat would either mean doubling up and having them be badsolars in terms of both powers and themes, which would be boring, or only pick one, which woukd leave half of the badsolar design space.

Now, the Infernals splat could definitely stand to deemphasize he'll and the yozis to make this distinction more clear, but we already know that needs to happen.
>>
>>56406542

Can't be anathema if you aren't exalted.
>>
>>56406542
well yeah, they only consider solars and lunars anathema, abyssals are grandfathered in as solars, fiend infernals also fit in because their caste mark is identical to an abyssal one (i guess the ebon dragon probably thinks that's hilarious) and if sidereals or non-fiend infernals ever reavealed their caste marks the immaculate observer would be confused and highly suspicious but it would not be definitive
>>
>>56407688
survivalists mostly.
>My name s Bear grylls and I'm goint to show you how to survive in the wyld
>Intro music plays with clips of him swimming up a waterfall and eating an animals heart
>The Wyld is an easy place to hide from the realm, but can be dangerous if you aren't careful
>Today I'll be showing you how to apply moon-silver tattoos
>We always have a tell when we change shape, It's visable in all our forms but some forms hide it better than others
>Clips of bear eating an actual bears hearts blood.
>I chose a bear because it looks like it could have honey stains on it's mouth
>>
So, how long after the book hits are we getting leaks? Is there like a process to this or something or did those things in the op just kinda get there by chance?
>>
>>56414013
Be the change you want to see, anon. All anyone has to do is buy the off and put it on a download site.
>>
>>56407688
Something.
>>
>>56414055

OPP doesn't deserve a single cent of my money. Not after the delays of the 3e core, not after the disaster of a kickstarter, and certainly not fucking for how Rich handled all of it.

I'm pirating everything they release until they earn back my favor.
>>
>>56414055
I considered it but I'm poorfag and want to save up for the actual physical book and maybe trinity Kickstarter
>>
>>56414342
Then get gud at hacking and acquire the book that way.
>>
Alright boys, betting time. What's going to be the first major internet fight once the text of arms gets around:
Balance arguments over some particular artifact
Warstriders being to weak/to strong
Thematics of the artifacts (belonging to NPCs, metaphysics arguments about the magical materials, evocations being out of theme for some artifact, or the like)
Re visiting craft fights now that more focus is put on artifacts
Other
>>
>>56414370
Advance PDF may or may not give you a coupon for a discount on the PoD physical book equal to the price of the PDF. So that's something to look into, at least.
>>
>>56407688

Zoo exalted. Just really really run with it.
>>
>>56414856
My bet is on Warstriders. Them being too weak, too specialized, not enough like mechas in some show some anon likes and the devs should therefore obviously aspire to imitate. All these arguments will take place simultaneously, mixing with each other and causing much confusion.
>>
>>56414856
my money's on the art.
>>
>>56414856
>Warstriders being to weak/to strong
>Re visiting craft fights now that more focus is put on artifacts

One of these two.
>>
>>56414342
>THEY DESERVE NOTHING, BUT I STILL DESERVE THE BOOK, AND THEY BETTER KEEP MAKING THEM WITH NO MONEY TOO!

Alright man. Well I'm sure the download will appear but that's a hilarious stance to take.
>>
File: tL0j4YXN2.jpg (232 KB, 640x480)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
As long as I can make this I'm happy.
>>
>>56414933
I'm pretty sure they've blacklisted the people responsible for the terrible art in core.
>>
>>56415327
sure, but that doesn't mean they didn't get new terrible artists for the supplements.
>>
>>56407688
I want them to be more magical and less Mr. Fantastic meets Beast Boy
>>
>>56414905
Zoo Exalted is fucking stupid and I hate you, just so you know.
>>
File: the lunar experience.jpg (366 KB, 988x1298)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
Lunars are always going to be shit. If you're a Lunar fan, you might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>56415710
Can we agree to at least drop the dumb shit like stretchy arms or not having developed charm trees because "lol just turn into an animal"
>>
I really like the charms Irked built for them.
>>
>>56414856
Definitely Warstriders. After that leak/preview, there is 0 chance of them being good, like all past editions. We'll have anon's pointing out how shit they are, only to be hit with retards trying to defend it.
>>
File: LunarExaltsInANutshell.jpg (139 KB, 1008x390)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>56415710
>>
>>56415839
What, you mean the ones that are basically just silver infernals? Fuck that.
>>
>>56415866
what was wrong with older warstriders? I might be retarded but they seemed like decent armor and warstrider weapons seemed strong. Granted, they weren't much better than what you were without it and needed charms to get around the dexterity modifier, but I didn't see them being bad.
>>
>>56415866
Maxed out wings & AI makes them decent in 2e.
>>
>>56415908
In extreme extreme high optimization 2e, they make it so you have no practical way to hit a foe that you are otherwise evenly matched against.
>>
>>56415866
Well now I know I can bet on at least one Anon baiting about them being terrible regardless of whether they actually are or not.
>>56415908
You pointed out the basically problem. They were really just fancy heavy armor, which didn't really fit how they were presented as these amazing things.
>>
>>56415969
I'll be honest, unless its outnumbered by superior exalted types, every time I've seen warstrider exalts vs non warstrider exalts, the former curbstomp the latter.

>they were presented as these amazing things.

In the fluff, are there even any victories by warstrider equipped exalts vs non warstrider equipped exalts? All they really do is get used as booby traps or fall into mud.
>>
File: ZatoRevelator.png (217 KB, 823x1063)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>56412531
>Ninjas use shadows to their advantage
So mastery of a martial art focused on shadows is entirely in theme.
>>
>>56416116
I can't speak for your experiences I guess, but the math is all there and the odds weren't in the warstriders favor, or else only gave them a slight edge. But then again, that was more of a symptom of the larger problem of the utterly atrocious 2e combat system.
Not that I can think of, but then again distinct battles aren't commonly described at all. Though yeah, all the fluff on warstriders talked about them like they were these terrible awe inspiring super weapons.
>>
>>56416131
No, anon, where are you getting that? We're still not discussing a hypothetical Exigent of Ninjas, and considering that shadows are only a part of Ebon Shadow's thing, there's no particular reason a hypthetical Exigent of Shadows should be able to master it the same way Solars and Sidereals can. Let alone other MAs.
>>
>>56415474
>>56407688
I want more shit like illusions and misdirection and ninja magic. Why everything has to be body horror or obscure biology facts I don't understand.
>>
>>56416191
Except of course that it's a shadow martial art focused on doing things from shadowy things from the shadows. Give up already.
>>
>>56416131
No? If you're assuming some exigents of shadows you need to make a logical leap to associate them with ninjas and then with martial arts. It doesn't work like that, you don't get to chain associations as long as you feel like. All an exigents powers come directly from the themes of their god
>>
>>56416232
That's a good reason for the Exigent of Shadows to have some similar stuff in his own native Charmset, I guess.
>>
>>56416331
Fortunately that logical leap was made for me centuries ago. Also you do get to chain associations as long as you feel like, that's literally how exigents work.
>>
>>56416411
Shadows need light to exist, Sun is a source of light, Unconquered Sun is the god of the Sun, Solars are the Unconquered Sun's chosen, therefore all Solar Charms are in-theme for the Exigent of Shadows. Does that sound about right? I hope not, because it isn't right, and it isn't how it works. Nothing we've heard about Exigents indicates that they work like that. You get to pick a god and then build an Exalt around that god's theme. That's it. You still need to have a clear, coherent theme that makes sense in the setting, and you have to actually stick to that theme.
>>
>>56416190

>but the math is all there and the odds weren't in the warstriders favor

I don't know about that. There's a shit ton of "popular wisdom" in Exalted, esp Exalted 2e, that never pans out. My personal favorite is the stuff about solars always curb stomping lunars or DBs in 2e, stemming from people who don't understand mutations and haven't read TCA, respectively.

>all the fluff on warstriders talked about them like they were these terrible awe inspiring super weapons.

I don't know about that. Most anything I can think of portrays them as expensive, difficult, exhausting, and cumbersome; I don't know of anything indicating, say, a warstrider exalt would beat a non warstrider equipped exalt.

The *3e devs* hype them as they hype everything, of course, but I don't think they actually claim it'd let you beat an un-warstridered exalt either.
>>
>>56416411
i'd like to know where someone on the writing team for 3E said you can chain associations on to make exigent charms that are that far away from the original god.
>>
>>56416411
Nope. Devs have already talked about this, you don't make exigent of [this thing], you make exigent of [this specific god], and if you try to do it the other way you end up with awkward stuff for walking outside of their intended use. Also if your ST let's you use real world associations to base your powers along he's shit.
>>
>>56416479
>Does that sound about right?
Yes actually, that's almost literally the justification used for Five Days Darkness so I guess the Exigent of Shadows now has a proper god.
>>
>>56416510
>you make exigent of [this specific god]
And you can make up a god of [whatever the fuck you want] therefore you can always have an exigent whose themes move as wide or as shallow as you desire.
>>
>>56416487
And I should say on a per charm basis; DBs having about half as many charms definitely means they will usually lose against solars if everything else is equal, but they're gonna usually have more experience, age, or numbers.
>>
>>56416522
>that's almost literally the justification used for Five Days Darkness
What? What are you smoking? Five Days Darkness is Unconquered Sun's shaodw, sure, but the doesn't get to 'chain associations' to claim any Sun-powers for himself. On the contrary, he can't be in the presence of his 'father', because he's a fucking shadows and while shadows need light, they can't exist in direct light.

>>56416532
>And you can make up a god of [whatever the fuck you want] therefore you can always have an exigent whose themes move as wide or as shallow as you desire.
You can make a god who makes sense in the context of Exalted. I have a hard time picturing a god whose themes could handily encompass everything.
>>
>>56415908
>what was wrong with older warstriders? I might be retarded but they seemed like decent armor and warstrider weapons seemed strong

Massive investments at every level. It was (still is? I dunno) 3-5 dots (been a while, it was 3-5 I believe, don't quote me here)+3 dot hearthstone+whatever level of resources (2?)+needed either an Ally or another circle member, just to keep the stupid thing operating. Then atop all of that heap of trash, you needed to attune the thing, which started at 10 motes IIRC. But wait! Now you needed a weapon (unless you were unarmed), which added more costs and possibly more attunement if it was an artifact weapon. Then of course, you hit upon the fact soak was useless in 2E thanks to Piercing and just outrageous damage in general.
>>
>>56416613
You can use a big mortal weapon.
>>
>>56416532
Again, not really. There are specific ways that gods do and don't work, and having gods who encompass multiple elements like darkness and also ninjas don't really exist. So you could have say, an exigent of the god of ninjas (maybe, that God would likely be to weak to create his own exigent) who's good at being sneaky and assassination style martial arts, or an exigent of the god of darkness in general, who's good at sneaking and cold/still related things, but having a god of both has no precedent in the setting.
>>
File: Farmer.jpg (177 KB, 630x720)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>56416207
>Why everything has to be body horror or obscure biology facts I don't understand.
Because thats cooler to most people. Thats all. People like horrible monster godbeasts and weird shit in the animal kingdom like shooting blood out your eyes, or punching so fast you make sonic death shockwaves.
>>
>>56416642
A setting about sneaking around murdering people in which the one thing that unites primordials, gods, mortals, and exalts is that they are all sneaking around murdering each other 24/7, in which that is also the primary currency and engine of political change, can't have a strong enough god to empower an exalt of sneaking around murdering people?

I mean, there's an exigent of something petty like harvesting crops, right? By comparison, harvesting crops is minor and trivial.
>>
>>56416642
But the God of Darknesses exigent would have a ton of charms that would lend themselves to being a ninja. Sure there wouldn't be Amazing Ninja Prana, but Silent as the Darkness Approach + Stike from Shadows Strike + Dodge to the Unseen Technique = Ninja.
>>
>>56416722
Sure. You don't need to be an Exigent of Ninjas to be a ninja, obviously. An Exigent of Darkness would make a pretty awesome ninja, but not everything associated with ninjas would have place in his Charmset. That's all that's being argued here.
>>
>>56416700
I specifically I meant I don't think 'ninjas' as a profession is wide spread enough yo have a distinct god. Unless you expanded it into general god of sneaky assassin's, in which case the martial arts association would probably vanish.
>>56416722
Yeah that makes perfect sense. I'm specifically talking about they probably also wouldn't get mastery affects on martial arts, as opposed go like a god of a martial arts style would give his exigent mastery affects.
>>
>>56416207
>body horror

Well that's lunars for you... til it was decided infernals would be "lunars but creepy xDDD" and lunars were relegated to "????BOMBASTIC VAGUENESS, we'll discuss it later????"
>>
>>56416700
Harvesting crops is pretty much objectively more important than assasination, but I agree that there could be an Exigent of Ninjas. Or a more general Exigent of Assassination. Or a bunch of Exigents representing gods of various ways and motives of murdering other people, each tasked with raising his god's specific brand of murder to prominence over those of his colleagues.
>>
>>56416607
Being the shadow of the big S means he's a reflection of perfection, which is a gimme in terms of theme. Being unable to stand next to his idol is natural, he's the shadow of the sun, that's another piece of theming but it doesn't conflict with anything. And hey he created Ebon Shadow so there's a super direct connection for the EoShadows now!

As for a god with an everything theme? Jack-of-All governor of adaptation and versatility; who can do anything pretty well, but nothing incredibly well.

>>56416642
>having gods who encompass multiple elements like darkness and also ninjas don't really exist.
Did someone tell Ahlat, God of War and Cattle? Or Siakal, Goddess of Battle, Slaughter, and Sharks? Shining Flower, Mistress of Hearts and Knives? etc. etc.
>>
>>56416979
Ahlat specifically got put in that position, not naturally occurring. I beleive it's the same thing with shark lady
>>
>>56416979
well, those are high level gods, and they're not going to make any exigents since they have enough pull to get other exalts to solve their problems for them.
>>
>>56416839

>Harvesting crops is pretty much objectively more important than assasination

Its hard to see how. Assassination is a universal constant among the strongest and weakest beings of the setting with massive repercussions.

Humans are so minor and beneath contempt that they're weaker and less relevant than the deities within grains of sand; the only relevance or worth humans can have is that sometimes they produce exalted. Literal specks of dirt are more important than humans.

Its important to remember that harvesting crops only has relevance to this single race that ranks below *literal specks of dirt*... but it only has relevance when some god, primordial, exalted, or manse isn't producing their food for them.

In other words, it is not only the most worthless activity performed by the most worthless race in the setting, but something that only matters when something less pointless hasn't shown up to feed them with less work.

So even a god of the least important activity of of a race less important than individual specks of dirt can create at least one exigent. I can't imagine how assassination (something that has broken and reformed reality several times) could ever compare to harvesting crops (something that no one who matters cares about, and even they wouldn't care about it if anyone who mattered would show up and provide unlimited food hacks for them).
>>
What are the important horse nomads cultures in Creation? Where can i read more about them?
>>
>>56386414
>>56387111
And liminal and I want to say one more but I forget which
>>
>>56417053
The point is that he has multiple domains, how is irrelevant.

>>56417057
Those are high level gods, so of course they'll want their own Exalt to stunt on those lesser divinities who couldn't make one without killing themselves.
>>
>>56417159
why? getting a true exalt to do something for you is a lot more prestigious than making an exigent ever would be.
>>
>>56416671
>>56416831

The problem I have with Lunar design like that is that Lunars who have similar specialties end up using the exact same imagery to do things. Dragonblooded who use melee aren't bound to one specific way of using their powers, but Lunars who just have animal powers totally are, else they risk losing what little images they do have.

That's why I think we need to move away from animals and shapeshifting tricks to explain charms. Use things like mist on a moonless night, the way that the moonlight can play tricks on your eyes, the fear of the unknown, and whatever else to base Lunar magic on. Have shapeshifting be just one part of their package.
>>
>>56417263
You don't think them being the guys who are stronger, smarter, faster, and sexier is enough of a niche?
>>
File: 1509751632374.png (52 KB, 500x501)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>56390699
>See pic
I think a fire related exigent's socialize and presence stuff would focus on burning down relationships in some way.

>>56404484
I'd rather Exalted 3e than Godbound.
>>
>>56417084
Guy, most gods focus on mortals since mortals, through the extension of Exalts, are the pinnacle race in Creation.

The gods in charge of Lintha shit? Barely ripple on the Heavenly stage. Gods of the Dragon Kings? There's barely any of them anymore. Mortals are by far the largest and most populous sentient species in Creation which means most gods' domains involve mortals.
>>
>>56416979
>Being the shadow of the big S means he's a reflection of perfection, which is a gimme in terms of theme.
But it's not. I mean, 5DD has had a writeup in both of the previous editions. We know his powers and themes. We know for a fact that he doesn't get to stretch the whole 'shadow of the Sun' thing to do whatever. He has clear and relatively starightforward themes. The same will be true of a possible Exigent of his.

>As for a god with an everything theme? Jack-of-All governor of adaptation and versatility; who can do anything pretty well, but nothing incredibly well.
Well, making a Solar But Worse wouldn't exactly break the game, but I don't think verstatility is the kind of clear, unified cocnept that would have its own god. Adaptation might have a god, but his Exigent would probably be about developing resistances and countermeasures about specific things he's encountered, not about all-around competence.

>>56417084
There are plenty of concepts whose importance is primarily about their significance to mortals. Wargods are powerful because war is all the rage in the Creation. The God of Slavery is immensely powerful, and takes an active interest in the state of slavery in Creation because that's the basis of his power. Individual humans may not be worth shit as far as gods are concerned, but humanity as a whole matters, because humans are the only guys around doing a lot of the things gods oversee.
>>
>>56417334
Not when Solars do that already.
>>
File: AstrologyDevice.jpg (542 KB, 1200x881)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>56417263
I think they need to move away from the idea that it has to be just animal shapeshifting. Shapeshifting is their whole thing, they should pretty much be unrestricted by it, whereas currently, it's not but a mess of restrictions. With Holden and Morke gone too, this would be the perfect time to reinvent the shapeshifting wheel, so to speak. I've got no objections to what you said either as a thing Lunars can do (and traditionally, illusory shit IS supposed to be something they an do), but I do want the shapeshifting to really go wild. And before anyone goes "buh buh buh Infernals", fuck Infernals. They're barely on anyones radar, and they shouldn't have had any kind of shapeshifting.
>>
>>56417334
You pretty much described literally all the Exalted there. They're all superhuman, so no, there's no niche protection.
>>
>>56417085
>What are the important horse nomads cultures in Creation? Where can i read more about them?
Delzahn in the Compass: South are partially nomadic, so that's one horse nomad culture.

>>56417159
>Those are high level gods, so of course they'll want their own Exalt to stunt on those lesser divinities who couldn't make one without killing themselves.
Yeah, who wouldn't want to cut off his hand in order to be able to show off a cool new prosthetic?
>>
>>56417337
I am pretty sure the largest and most populous sentient species in Creation are the individual gods of dirt specks. There aren't even that many mortals around. 500 million or so, scattered across a plane with the surface area of Saturn?

How many times has farming gone awry broken the cosmos?
>>
>>56414342
>I'm mad about unimportant shit so I'm gonna grandstand on my first world problems with petty acts of theft

Kill yourself and spare the gene pool
>>
>>56417368
I don't mind Lunars getting crazy with shapeshifting as long as it's a part of a wider selection of powers and themes. I think they should be broad enough to where you can make a Lunar who merely dabbles in shapeshifting (and isn't gimped).
>>
>>56417368
Shapeshifting without restrictions is too borad to beanyone's thing. It's significantly broader than Solars' heman excellence taken to superhuman heights, and even Solars get some complaints about their perceived lack of clear, focused themes. Shapeshifting is about being able to change yourself and to turn into other things, which is kind of insane without limitations or qualifiers. Insanely broad, insanely powerful, insanely lacking in any thematic coherence.
>>
>>56417394
>Yeah, who wouldn't want to cut off his hand in order to be able to show off a cool new prosthetic?
You're trying to use sarcasm, but you know there are thousands of people waiting for Deus Ex to become reality.
>>
>>56417433
Little gods don't exist anymore in 3e and even in 2e they couldn't be called sentient. Additionally, gods can't worship gods and give them prayer.

It's less about cosmic importance, because yeah Creation as a whole isn't cosmically important, it's about importance in Creation.

The God of All Farming is likely an incredibly powerful god because farming is an incredibly important thing to mortals who are the most populous worshipping race in Creation. Which means a fuck ton of people pray to the various gods of fields, lands, rivers, and other farming related shit a whole lot. Which elevates the importance of the Domain (Farming) to a rather high level of importance conferring upon the god in question a large amount of power in Heaven.

The God of Farming probably has a lot of sway in the Bureau of Seasons because that has a large impact on him and so he spends his shit tons of prayer bucks to make things go his way.
>>
So, lorewise there where around:

150 Solar Exaltations
100 Abyssal Exaltations
50 Infernal Exaltations
300 Lunar Exaltations
60 Sidereal Exaltations (I heard one for every solar circle)
Dragonblooded Exaltations as long as they can breed and no fucking clue about Liminal, Geminal, Exigent and Alchemicals? Do I have at least the important ones right?
>>
>>56417497
>insanely powerful
Don't even try to pull that bullshit excuse because the power is directly based on the rules supporting it. If Lunars get a "GROW BIGGER MCSTRONGHUEG MUSCLES" Charm for example, it doesn't matter how you fluff it, all that matters is the actual limit ingrained in the charm itself, which would likely be a little lower than whatever Solars can do with Str. Increasing Exercise.

Also with shapeshifting, that is the theme. Protean lifeforms that can adapt and overcome by becoming damn near anything.
>>
>>56417433
Gods of individual specks of dirt aren't necessarily a thing anymore, and didn't really do anything even when they were a thing. Gods giving a shit about humans because the importance of their domains to humans affects their own power and rank isn't fanon, it's something explicitly stated in the fluff of the previous editions. Creation isn't the size of Saturnuns, it's roughly the size of the Earth. I have no idea wherre people get these exxaggearted estimates of the Creation's size, but it isn't really ridiculously large.
Farming going awry might no break the cosmos, but it might kill the people waging wars, making and beraking laws and so on, which would kind of suck for gods of war, legislation, law enforcement and crime.
>>
>>56417573
>adapt and overcome
For years people have tried to make this a meaningful statement for design, but it ends up just falling flat. The reason is that everyone adapts and overcomes. Whether or not you become a squid to do it is irrelevant, and some people don't want to be squids.
>>
>>56417566
Lunars are at "around 400" in 3E
>>
>>56417084
>Assassination is a universal constant among the strongest and weakest beings of the setting with massive repercussions.
What? Like in the big places, nexus, lookshy, so on I could see it happening but you really trying to tell me random podunk town number 327 is seeing regular assassinations?
>Humans are so minor and beneath contempt that they're weaker and less relevant than the deities within grains of sand;
So is this bait or are you honestly that fucking retarded?
>>56417084
>but it only has relevance when some god, primordial, exalted, or manse isn't producing their food for them.
Which is never. In the first fucking age people still made crops from farming you retard, there sure as fucking shit aren't whole towns being supported through magical means all over the place in the current day
>>
>>56417555
>even in 2e they couldn't be called sentient.

We had stats for them. They had int 2. You can't deny they're sentient; you could deny they're truly sapient, except that they had the mental capabilities of your average human, plus essence use. If anything is in question, its how sentient mortals could possibly be.
>>
>>56417573
>Also with shapeshifting, that is the theme. Protean lifeforms that can adapt and overcome by becoming damn near anything.
That is not a theme. It's just too broad. It might sound good when you just throw around one-sentence summaries of what you'd liek Lunars to be, but it isn't going to work in practice.
>>
>>56417627
>Which is never. In the first fucking age people still made crops from farming you retard, there sure as fucking shit aren't whole towns being supported through magical means all over the place in the current day
In fact, the gods most likely to help mortals produce food are field gods, who have kind of a good reason to give a shit about farming. Also their help will take the form of offering guidance on how to tend to the land.
>>
>>56417628
And yet the importance of humans, which is the main point here, is still an explicit fact of the setting.
>>
>>56417628
What? Almost all reference to little gods treated them as glorified AI programs that people could occasionally tap into for info. Where the hell were they statted?

Regardless, little gods don't really exist any more and even if they did they can't provide worship just do their jobs which means they don't influence who has power in the Celestial Hierarchy.
>>
>>56417629
>That is not a theme. It's just too broad
>Elemental effects are not a theme, it's just too broad
>Superhuman powers are not a theme, it's just too broad
>Fate manipulation is not a theme, it's just too broad
>>
>>56417623
I think all Exaltations, except Sidreals(?), have dropped the hard limit. I think Solar Exalted have now hovered "around 300" for the majority of their existence, but it's not clear whether there have only been around 300 active at a time or 300 total.
>>
>>56417674
>Also their help will take the form of offering guidance on how to tend to the land.
Even that I don't see being very common, as gods are forbidden from interfering with the mortal realm in most cases. I mean with the empress gone and the wyld hunt slacking its probably for more common then it was before, but its not like every field is going to get a field god giving it help.
>>
>>56417702
People have tried and tried again with using shapeshifting or adaptation as the main theme and it doesn't work. Let's move on.
>>
>>56417702
>>Elemental effects are not a theme, it's just too broad
They are a far narrower theme than shapeshifting, and even then we don't actually have a type of Exalt with unrestricted elemental control as their thing.

>>Superhuman powers are not a theme, it's just too broad
Well, yes. Obviously. Superhuman powers would include pretty much everything. No one has that as a theme.

>>Fate manipulation is not a theme, it's just too broad
Fate in Exalted is a specific, relatively well defined thing. It's not a vague-all powerful force. Manipulating it is fine as a theme.

You aren't making a very strong case here, anon.
>>
>>56417702
It's not 'elemental affects'
It's the classical elemental associations. Fire is bright, passionate, intense. Earth is slow, sturdy, unshakable, unyielding, strong. So on and so on
It's not 'Superhuman powers'
Its arete, excellence taken up past the human, doing all the regular things humans do but with impossible skill, reaching peaks of perfection
It's not 'fate manipulation'
It's the appointed acting agents of the five maidens, the heads of the Most Excellent Designers of Destiny and Sidereal Conjunctions in the bureau of heaven, each given specific tasks and duties to carry out, interfacing with the loom of fate in a selected number of ways to fulfill these assignments without revealing themselves
It shouldn't be 'shape shifting'
It should be a little more refined. Shape shifting into these or those sets of things, or under these conditions, or within these constraints, or along these thematic lines.
>>
>>56417954
Shapeshifting into things associated with Luna or into things that you've consumed the hearts blood of is pretty defined constraints
>>
>>56418154
It was.
Then that started to include anything. Gods, elementals, demons, fair folk (all without actually gaining any of their powers for some reason), then fucking land fixtures and plants? What? And then it devolved completely into like prototype/the thing stuff, and it all went out the window
>>
>>56418328
If they hunt down and kill all that stuff, then they should be able to transform into that stuff.
>>
>>56418342
You can turn into a fucking lake by hunting it down and killing it? Tell me how that shit works.
And again, late game (or was it just TAW that people wanted for some reason) it left even that behind, full on body horror nonsense, you aren't shapeshifting into any distinct thing at all
>>
>>56417566
>2e numbers
Mean fuckall in 3e tho
>>
>>56418379
Killing the lake's god lets them turn into the lake. Sounds easy enough.
>>
>>56392500
Yeah...

The good thing about crap like that and this Exalt of Shadows is that you get to see up front if the ST has no idea what they're fucking doing or lets one of the players just walk over them.
>>
File: 1455382359739.png (254 KB, 400x600)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>someone invites me to a 3e game
>"Uh sure"
>cool first game is friday
>never played exalted before

Got my hands on the core pdf and shit and I think we are using core only is there anything I should know about char gen?
>>
>>56419516
The only book is the core. And you need to know about Supernal's the most.

You get 1 (one, uno, a single) Supernal, dependent on your caste. This is where you're going to specialize, more or less, so make sure it's something you want to do above all else, because for everything BUT your Supernal, you'll be stuck to low tier Charms for a long time.
>>
>>56419562
alright I take a good long look at that then. I was thinking of playing something like a fencer but I have to see everything first ofc.
>>
>>56419592
If you want to do a fencer, play a Dawn caste with Melee supernal, and work from there. Resistance is also a nice thing to have because it lets you buy extra health levels and such, and Atheltics covers general hero stuff-Lifting, running, swimming, climbing, acrobatics, etc.
>>
>>56395871
People still believe Ex3 dev circle cares about what people want or don't want?
>>
>>56402153
>How could they ever think any employer outside OPP/WW would ever look at their work twice?

Employers eat that shit up. You won't believe the retarded shit that I've seen inside the industry.
>>
>>56419562
there's also Miracles of the Solar Exalted with a few extra charms but personally I'd limit myself to the core until I knew what I was doing
>>
>>56419516
>anything I should know about char gen?

It's full of noob traps. The most obvious is the difference in costs during character creation and when spending experience later. Even minor min-maxing here can have long-lasting consequences.

Exalted is (used to be?) a game quite different from the norm in that it doesn't pose the questions "Can you do that?" or "How do you do that" but instead "Are you sure you want to do that?" and "You did that. Now what?" Make sure to know what kind of campaign GM wants to run. Nothing's as awkward as spending time on backstory and motivation that will never be relevant because of the GM's handcrafted railroad.
>>
Ah, looks like it's going to release later in the day though. Like 1-3 centeral, whatever that means
>>
>>56420979
Why not just give everyone 2000xp to build their character fresh?
>>
>>56417394
>partially

No half-assers!
>>
>>56417473

Theft involves stealing something, taking the original item.

Piracy duplicates something, leaving the original intact.

Piracy /= theft
>>
>>56422049
>Theft involves stealing something, taking the original item.
Nope, not what the word actually means, nor the legal definition either. It means taking something by unlawful means, whether or not it's the original or a copy is irrelevant.
>>
>>56422175

And I live in a country where I have read my laws. I legally allowed to download something for my own personal so long as I don't share it with anyone else.

I'm not doing anything unlawful according to the laws of my country, and if what I'm doing is not unlawful I'll continue to do it until OPP/WW/Rich gives me a reason to trust them again.
>>
>>56422211
>I'm not doing anything unlawful according to the laws of my country
Wrong again. The whole 'don't share this with anything else thing' goes both ways, you aren't allowed to take something from someone else when taking that thing violates the law.
Also for torrenting in particular (since in the case of OPP stuff I assume you won't torrent it specifically, just like download it through mega/mediafire) torrenting something inherently includes sharing it.
I mean I don't think you're particularly wrong, hell I'm not even >>56417473, but at least be up front about it dude
>>
Good god, we're all pirates here. There is no high horse.
>>
>>56422387
Your ship fucking sucks anon. I bet your canons are rusty as shit to
>>
>>56422406
Me real boat's with the shipwright, this be just a dingy for raiding the Spanish
>>
>>56414856
I think just like with the core some anon is going to come up with some charm/evocation combo that apparently wrecks the game only for it to not work at all. Maybe some amount of xyz magical material being too good/too bad just as like a bit of a child of the whole splat war thing
>>
>>56422211
Your sense of scale of outrage is so far out of whack that you are a detriment to yourself and others. If you're gonna pirate it don't be a smug grandstanding asshole. The reason you are downloading it is because you are lying consumer pig. You have to have it but you gotta get all your mad feels out too and you have no sense of irony about it. If you were actually upset and wanted to take a moral position you wouldn't be reading it at all.

Kill yourself.
>>
And yet both the law and popular culture treats theft, piracy, and copyright infringement very differently.

Now which one of ye scurvy sea dogs is prepared to make port on drivethru rpg and hand over yer doubloons for some of the treasure we seek?
>>
>>56422516
I'll do it if 24 hours passes and nobody else does.
>>
>>56422516
I'm gonna get the pdf but I have no idea how the download sites work and I'm a HUGE pussy
>>
>>56422516
I mean, >>56414342
is being enough of a faggot that I kind of don't want to even though I'm gonna be buying it tomorrow anyway.
>>
I just want Lunars and DBs, man, the waifu exalted
>>
how many bloodapes to take on a tyrant lizard unaided?
>>
>>56408166
Rewriting the known laws of sorcery.
Commanding armies of entirely never before seen elementals he custom created.
His lunar waifu's fluffy rabbit ears.
>>
>>56417566
There's explicitly 100 Sidereals; that's why they're called the "Fivescore Fellowship".
>>
>>56423162
YOURE IN LUCK! Those are the very next splats getting released. There will probably be another miscellaneous book between db and lunars, maybe like a sorcery book or some new setting book or something, but it's right after
>>
So what interesting and exciting things have you don with Sorcery? Have you transformed yourself int a barely human mockery of nature? Have you created works and miracles that inspire awe? Have you made a reputation for yourself using sorcery in any shape or form?
>>
Did anyone else take one look at the Eclipse caste powers in 2E and think they were far, far more powerful than any other caste power regardless of Exalt type? Just curious.
>>
>>56423606
>>56423162
Just another 3 years per book :^)
>>
>>56423648
>>56423606
>tfw no tsundere fire aspect waifu
>>
File: LunarWaifu9.jpg (523 KB, 834x1000)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>56423522
>His lunar waifu's fluffy rabbit ears.

Careful there anon, a Lunar rabbit waifu's superpower is to make beastmen by the hundred
>>
>>56423626
>Have you transformed yourself int a barely human mockery of nature?

>being a Craft-oriented Twilight sorceror
>not turning yourself into a super-human cyborg and giving yourself every relevant Innate Merit
>>
>>56423661
The game unfortunately fell apart before I had to figure out a solution to that problem.
>tfw game finder threads are dead, roll20 is full of high density garbage, and all my IRL friends refuse to run anything and hate Exalted's setting.
>>
File: Devil girl, sorceress.png (1.14 MB, 820x1536)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>56423693

>turning yourself into a super-human cyborg and giving yourself every relevant Innate Merit

Patrician taste, but Sorcrey is as readily available to every caste, with only those who've not favoured Occult falling a bit behind. Craft on the other hand is, well, Craft.
>>
>>56423769
>posts picture of the Hindu goddess Kali
>labels it "devil girl"
Well done, anon.
>>
File: BAsphomy in Virdigris.jpg (163 KB, 625x950)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>56423825

Yeah, I'm kind of starved for fantasy transhumans that aren't straight up monster girls. I ask around in some character art threads to no avail. You got any creepy transformed sorcerers that you could post, Anon?
>>
>>56423926
Well, there's always the Adeptus Mechanicus from 40k if you're doing >>56423693

Also, this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJ98o1IhT8
>>
>>56424182

I'm looking for transhumanism that leans heavily towards fantasy and away from Sci-Fi. Something that a mortal sorcerer could do to themselves that fits the "sword and sandals" fell of the setting.
>>
>>56424384
Did you watch the video I linked >>56424182, anon? That's totally fantasy.

And the Adeptus Mechanicus are pretty fantasy, too, with all of their axes, robes, and extraneous tubing.
>>
>>56424570

Sorry, I meant "away from technology and cyborgs" The Deus Ex video has people with who are partly robotic, I want transhumans that are wholly biological. Think of a change a character could make to himself using Sorcerous Workings, and not the Craft Ability.
>>
>>56424799
You do use Sorcerous Workings to make yourself a cyborg, anon, not the Craft ability. And also, the first minute of the Deus Ex video has the Icarus-Jenson being made by Renaissance-outfit men.
>>
>>56418860
>Killing the lake's god lets them turn into the lake. Sounds easy enough.
It also sounds completely nonseniscal in the context of Exalted, considering that gods aren't embodiments of their domains. A lake god is his lake's overseer, but he isn't the lake. Taking his heart's blood could let you transfron into the god himself, but there's no reson why it would allow you to turn into a lake.
>>
>dryads are gods instead of elementals
I'm irrationally upset about this
>>
>>56425213
It lets the dematerialize and live in a house inside their tree.

Also, it means that just about any suitably-impressive tree should have one, even if it doesn't appear very often.
>>
>>56422749
Agreed, the fact that someone's being extra faggy guarantees I'll not be providing. Plus something about the watermarks and shit, I'm not fucking with it.
>>
>>56425452
The watermarks on the bottom are pretty easy to remove if you don't care about quality.
>Get a tool like Freepdftools to split the PDF into images.
>Record a macro that does a content-aware fill on the bottom of the page in Photoshop
>Batch the macro on all the images you made with step 1
>Recombine the images into a PDF via Freepdftools again
I had a GM do this with a book for a different system he got because he didn't trust people in the campaign online to not share it.
I don't trust it though; something tells me that they have another watermark hidden somewhere less obvious they could catch you with.
>>
>>56425530
Exactly, one simple watermark is obv. Plus the part where if I shared it here a guy being a huge entitled faggot would get something nice. And I'm not into that. Someone else will. I don't have any venom for most people wanting to look at it first or whatever. Or being a poor fuck who just wants ref for a game he's in.
>>
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/61015/Exalted-Arms-of-The-Chosen
>>
>>56425643
Cheeky little fuckers.
I consider the Scroll of Swallowed Darkness canon in any Exalted game I run.
>>
>>56425643
I'm going to fucking castrate you you piece of shit
>>
Out of curisotiy, do they have ways to track if I just post cropped text?
>>
>>56425715
Theoretically they could have different spellings individually in each PDF, but there has never been any indications of that.
>>
>>56425789
That sort of thing would only be viable in playtest docs, I think. If it's a document that's being sold, they'd have to all be the same.
>>
File: 1494035324903.jpg (245 KB, 770x946)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>56417084
>>
>>56421801
Because the developers wanted to make the game unbalanced on purpose (I wish I was kidding).

What you suggest has been a popular house-rule since 1e.
>>
>>56427067
It's not the they explicitly wanted an unbalanced game, they just didn't think it being unbalanced XP wise was a problem.

A lot of people disagree with them, but to say their primary goal when making chargen was to make it unbalanced isn't fair.
>>
>>56422500
>Holden's merry band fuck over an entire popular franchise with their antics
>Your sens of outrage is out of whack, how dare you not want to give them money before thoroughly investigating a product
>>
>>56427067
>>56427120

but why
>>
>>56427123
I mean first of all, Holden got fucking canned. It's not him you're giving money to, it's the gameline. And also
>Fuck over an entire franchsie
The one that still sold fine and is the most solid mechanical version of the game to date? (lack of overall content notwithstanding)
Holden's definitely a twat, but the game that hit shelves is good.
>>
So remember the Anathema character creator guys talking about them doing something for Ex3? What happened with that?
>>
>>56422500
>>56427123

You both have a point but I'm gonna side with second guy. White Wolf and Onyx Path both have a history of publishing shitty products. I'll look at this thread for page screenshots and discussions. If the book is average (not great, not good but average. My standards are at all time low) I'll give them my money as incentive so the IP line continues. If it is shit I'll let it die.

Too make a comparison with newest thing: If someone payed 60$ for a Star Wars game he should be able to play as Darth Vader. He shouldn't spend another 200$ to unlock him.

Arms of the Chosen having double the page count is a promising start. So maybe we aren't given bread crumbs but a decent meal. I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>56427303
>Arms of the Chosen having double the page count is a promising start.

Bloat can be a real killer.
>>
>>56427354

as I said I'm cautiously optimisitc. Here is hoping that all these years waiting for HoldMorke to publish something resulted in a lot of material. Material that was put on ice while they had a game-line as a hostage.
>>
>>56427354
You can't go wrong with this book though. Having more artifact samples are always good. Books that have charms though I can understand as it usually is taking charms and making them shittier as to split them up.
>>
>>56427354
I don't think more examples of evocations could be harmful.
>>
>>56427208

Eh, it has many subsystems which are still close to unusable. Best version of the game by far but the more you try to ST it the more it falls apart.

That said yeah I'd be a lot more forgiving if it actually had some content for the bits that do work.
>>
>>56427443
>Eh, it has many subsystems which are still close to unusable

Craft is bad, but that's really about it. The combat and social systems are, I think, better than a lot of games on the market.
>>
File: AbyssalShocked.jpg (21 KB, 184x262)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>56427130
Holden and Morke were fucking retards is why. Same reason why Pathfinder char-gen is such a minefield of bullshit. Some people think including literal pitfalls and minefields in character generation is a "good thing", because it "encourages system mastery", when all it does is make people fucking whine at my goddamn table because Player A can do simple math and see that some choices are ridiculously superior, and Player B is a fucking mongoloid who thinks D&D 3.0 Toughness was an "alright buy".
>>
>>56427478
Combat is a literal ripoff of a video game that itself is a ripoff of Smash Bros, Martial Arts is trash thanks to the surcharge garbage and being generally unequal to other choices, and well...We all know how bad Craft is.

Yeah, it's BETTER than 2E, but fuck. 2E is almost legendary for how shit it's systems were. 3E honestly isn't even that bad, but there some glaring shit that never should've made it past the early dev stage, let alone supposed "playtesting", and NEVER should've made it to print. And then we had shitheads saying we don't even need eratta to fix some of this trash?
>>
File: we don't care.jpg (47 KB, 625x524)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>56427660
>Combat is a literal ripoff of a video game that itself is a ripoff of Smash Bros

And? It's still fucking fantastic to play.
>>
>>56427782
I tend to look down on it because it's so obviously cribbed from Dissidia whole cloth. It's not a bad system, but fuck, they could've tried harder to disguise it.
>>
>>56427802
>>56427660
Most design is derivative. Even if we assume the system was 1:1 stolen from Dissidia (It really doesn't have to have been, the idea of building a thing, then cashing in the thing to gain effect is hardly unique to it. Though yes, it is VERY similar) that doesn't make it bad. Dissidia, by it's nature as a video game, didn't have a lot of the features added in there. The buildup didn't make you attack first, couldn't be used for weird shit like gambits etc etc, it's not whole cloth if design was built from the core concept.
>>
>>56427635
>Player B is a fucking mongoloid who thinks D&D 3.0 Toughness was an "alright buy".
It is, if you're playing a Level 1 Wizard in a one-shot game at a convention.
>>
>>56427823
To be totally fair, it was directly cited as the primary inspiration, but I agree, they do put enough spins on it to make it not a pure copy.
>>
>>56427840
I thought they had specifically said it wasn't, but I'm going off of memory, and memory is shit. (They had said yeah, that's close to it, and works as an example of how it works in a very basic way.)

But yeah, it jumped from that to what it is in entirety. Bitching that it's ripped off strikes me as throwing a fucking fit every time a game has graphics, or menus or... whatever because something else did it.
>>
>>56427862
Yeah, it's right in the suggested resources bit in the corebook itself:

>Dissidia Final Fantasy, Square-Enix
>Dissidia’s heroes wield giant weapons and over-the-top magic that fits right in with Exalted. Its agile, cinematic battle system was the single largest influence on Third Edition’s combat rules.
>>
>>56427802
Exalted 2E is a pen and paper ripoff of the Active Time Battle system in games like FF7. How systems like these are translated into a turn based format is way, way more important than what ideas they're derived from. I really liked the gameplay in Dark Souls, but turning that into a good pen and paper game takes a great deal effort. Turning it into a GOOD pen and paper game takes more.

Martial arts' surcharge is largely justified by the fact that you can progress through its charm trees twice as fast with regular XP and solar XP. Personally, I like that as a social character, I can put Solar XP into an MA style while still retaining my main focus on Performance and Socialize.
>>
>>56427913
Second paragraph was meant for
>>56427660
>>
Anyone? >>56427223
>>
>>56427660
>>56427802

Almost all fantasy games are fighters, rogues, clerics, wizards, elves and dwarves. Huge percentage of leftover fantasy is "these are not fighters, rogues, clerics, wizards, elves and dwarves" or "our fighters, rogues... elves are totally different". I'm not against Dissidia being a inspiration, although I don't like the game. I'm just baffled that it took so long and a recent video game for such a basic concept to finally be realized.

taking inspiration aside exalted is pretty much only implementation in any rpg that actually comes close to depict cinematic combat from movies, comics, manga and anime. Where two dudes are punching each other from 5 minutes (or 10 episodes) until last 2-3 strikes actually make a difference and end the fight.

From my experience other rpgs just add more types of hitpoints, to keep track of, to make a difference.
>>
>>56427922

The "official" Anathema program has been dead in the water for donkeys years. Anathema Reincarnated has similarly gone silent, and hasn't been heard of in the past 6 months or so. There are repositories for both of those if you feel like downloading and compiling them yourself.

Someone else has started making a third program but has, you guessed it, not updated in three months or so. I think you can download from the repository for that one as well.

As for what's currently working? I currently use Loom. (https://loom.webtelligence.com.au/) It's built for mobile decices so be in mind that you need to click and hold in order to edit any field. I think that the dev posts in these threads, but he doesn't use a name or trip, IIRC.
>>
>>56427922

original Anathema is currently dead in the water. Dude that was doing it is/was busy with earning a living. People need to eat, hobbies can wait.

Last I know someone else decided to thinker where he left of. Anathema Reincarnated

I'm not sure how functional it is.

forum.theonyxpath com/forum/main-category/exalted/882498

thread name: New Anathema Character Management - Anathema Reincarnated
>>
>>56427932
>Almost all fantasy games are fighters, rogues, clerics, wizards, elves and dwarves. Huge percentage of leftover fantasy is "these are not fighters, rogues, clerics, wizards, elves and dwarves"

No shit. If you have a Set A (the fantasy genre), and it has Subset B ("fighters,etc") and Subset !B (not "fighters,etc"), then B+!B=A. You just literally just described the entire fantasy genre.
>>
Who's buying?

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/226224/Arms-of-the-Chosen
>>
>>56428008
It's bought
>>
>>56428008
So, it´s finally out?! And of course, when I don´t have the money to spent.
>>
>>56428008

Upload please.
>>
>>56428008
Got mine, bitches
>>
>>56428008
>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/226224/Arms-of-the-Chosen
>preview document
>table of contents
>page 19
>Craft (Errata)
>>
>>56428002

you missed the point of quote marks. Very few games or fiction in general actually try different stuff
>>
>>56428220
>Craft (Errata)
I see fun times ahead of us.
>>
>>56428220
>>56428229

I don't reckon it's anything beyond expunging Design Beyond Limit, which interacts with mechanics that only existed in the leak.
>>
>>56428008
>inspirations:
>Manga: Fate/Zero
REEEEEEEE

It's a Light Novel series that got adopted into an anime! List it under Fiction where all the other novels were, or under Anime!
>>
>>56428257
Well there is a manga at least.
>>
>>56428244
Celestial Reforging Technique, too.
>>
>>56428008

Wow, this book is pure shit. Even if you disregard what a horrible idea evocations are you still have horrible artifacts, horrible art, and warstriders that are still unplayable.

Avoid like the plague.
>>
>>56428293

Oh shit, is that one gone? I don't remember any of us ever talking bout it here. What was wrong with it?
>>
>>56428316
It also had old-style interactions with the Evocation system.
>>
Okay, so from the Table of Contents of the preview, Arms will have Evocations for 31 new artifact weapons (one of which will be a magic crown), 9 suits of artifact armor (with Evocations), 23 miscellaneous artifacts (including 5 which have Evocations), 2 artifact siege weapons and 2 artifact vehicles (neither of which have Evocations), 8 pages of hearthstones, and 7 warstriders (with Evocations).
>>
Ahahah, there's an Orichalcum weapon that can Zorro-style write stuff on people and it glows holden. You can bully DBs by scribling a golden castemark on their foreheads.
>>
>>56429075
*golden,not holden
>>
>>56429075
>use the fire-manipulation hearthstone to pretend to be a dragonblood
>use this artifact to inscribe a Solar caste mark on an actual dragonblood
>convince a bunch of other dragonblooded to join in on a Wyld Hunt on the dragonblood you framed as an Anathema
>justaskeikaku.jpg
>>
>>56429075
>You can now switch roles with your DB waifu when playing "be seduced by the evil Anathema" and "purify the vile Anathema"
kinky
>>
Well, this changes things a tiny bit:

>Attacks made with warstrider weaponry are unblockable unless parried using an artifact weapon or defensive magic.
>>
>>56429219
Well, not like mortals had any chance, anyway. And everyone else has at least an excellency.
>>
>>56429254
Would also be helpful against certain spirit enemies.
>>
>>56429219
may as well make them stunt-blockable for all this changes
>>
File: unknown.png (476 KB, 1148x662)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
Best warstrider coming through
>>
>>56429584
That's the Evangelion-Numidium hybrid that had its charm tree teased, right? What do its Evocations actually do?
>>
>>56429607
The Evocation you get for attuning is called Eat the Heart of God. Do you really need to know more?
>>
Can anyone post a pdf of arms?
>>
>>56429687
No. Buy it you scrounger.
>>
>>56429696
M8 I'm just waiting on the PoD
>>
>>56429639
Yes. What does Eat the Heart of God do, exactly?
>>
>>56429701
Don't you get a discount on the PoD equal to the cost of the pdf you already brought or something? No real reason not to buy it then.
>>
>>56429696

Genuine scrounger here, pdf when?
>>
If I was home I'd buy it, seems it's worth the 15 bucks
>>
>>56429769
Don't upload it if you do.
>>
>>56429769

I'd have bought it in 2015. Far too late for me now. If whatever splat is after Dragon blooded is released within a year then they'll win my trust back enough to start buying books again.

Until then my deluxe core can just continue to sit unopened.
>>
File: YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE.gif (3.91 MB, 450x230)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB GIF
>>56429791
Back to OPP, faggotron. It will be leaked here and there's nothing you can do to stop us.
>>
>>56429850
Nobody has yet. Nobody will.
>>
>>56429800
Such a hard heart, anon. I'm probably going to pirate it and take a look at what's in it before I decide whether or not to buy it.

Possibly depending on how much feedback I feel I need to give to the devs beyond >>56428257
>>
There's an artifact made before time. Spooky.

Also you fuckers better remake the thread once it dies.
>>
>>56407688
Exalts of the kitchen sink.
>>
>Evocation called "on your knees"
Lewd
>>
>>56417566
I think Lunars got more.
>>
>>56422387
What about high Hidden Horse Stylists?
>>
>>56429876
>Also you fuckers better remake the thread once it dies.
NEW THREAD
>>56429924
>>56429924
>>56429924
>>
>>56427397
Oh anon, when they left, they took their notes with them.
>>
>>56428008
>their combined purchase amount will be the cost of buying the PDF/PoD combo.
Hmmmm. Anyone know exactly how much that's going to be? I'm kinda poorfag right now, and I wanna wait to buy just the physical book alone, how much more would the combo be?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.