[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces
https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
https://rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons%20%26%20Dragons/D%26D%205th%20Edition/

>5etools
5etools is currently hosted at https://lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html, however it could be chopped down at any time. Get yourself a local copy below to be safe.

>5etools latest update-
https://mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on /5eg/: >>56797019
>>
>>56807397
>no thread question
Fine I'll do it.

What's the class you're playing next? What kind of personality are you going to give that character?
>>
File: A Natural Mistake.jpg (261 KB, 700x444)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>56807397
>No thread topic
>>
>want to play a simple, classic fantasy build like the sage wizard, the wise and cautious cleric, the tough and bold fighter, the cheerful and big hearted bard
>tfw can't stop thinking about silly class subversions and meme builds

>>56807448
That's what I'm trying to figure out! I have about 50 concepts cooking.
>>
>>56807448
>>56807451
I made this whole thread while phoneposting and you fags complain that I didn't jumpstart your discussion for you?
>>
>>56807476
Making a thread topic takes like 5 seconds dude, but at least we have one now so it's all jeezy.
>>
All gold to the awesome anon who's keeping 5e tools alive!
>>
>>56807448
>SKT game
Generic Cleric who believes he is literally the chosen one by his deity. I'll probably play him like my friend irl who always tells people how great jesus is and how his life became better because of his friends that were brought to him by the lord almighty.

>Curse of Strahd
Generic Knight in shining armor. I'm making a list of inspiring words and things to say for my Inspiring leader feat.
>>
>>56807476
If I can't complain about inconsequential things, then what's the point of coming to this board?
Speaking of, why the fuck doesn't Warlock get Chaos Bolt? God forbid I want to cast something other than Eldritch Blast.
>>
File: Pleasehelp.png (19 KB, 453x614)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Please help me, I'm stupid.
I followed the instructions in the readme (as shown in pic related) but it still won't work. I know that there's an online version up now, but I'd still rather have it downloaded just in case they decide to take that down too.
>>
>>56807568
Just run it in firefox my man
>>
>>56807572
Tempting offer, but I'd rather not have to swap browsers just to open up 5etools
>>
File: John Green Head Scratch.jpg (291 KB, 2000x1000)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>56807556
If you wanted to cast something other than Eldritch Blast, why did you pick Warlock?
>>
>>56807568
Check out the op.
>>
>>56807579
Fair enough, in that case I can't help ya.
>>
>>56807476
>Uses phone posting as an excuse for being a lazy cunt
As a fellow phone poster you're the reason memes about them exist. Not once have I had an issue making a topic when creating a thread.
>>
>>56807591
Already have, I'd just rather have the option to run it offline in case it gets taken down
>>
>>56807448
Aarakocra tranquility or kensei monk for a campaign that hasn't been fully fleshed out yet. She was a handmaiden or possibly nurse for some royal. She was caught having a romance with a gargoyle and was shunned to the outer edges of the kingdom. She's a paranoid hermit who hides her identity with lace veils and scarves.
>>
Can I get some advice for the plot of a campaign? I have the setting (a world in a millennia-long ice age due to an impact winter caused by a jealous god killing another and sending them crashing planetside), and I have a minor villain/faction that wants to stop the pcs from fixing anything (Fey Queen controls a vast majority of food and agricultural resources, wants to keep the winter around to continue to make bank off of mortal reliance on fey realm goods).

I have the idea of the pcs wandering the world in search of the felled gods scattered armor, or perhaps they themselves finding out the reason the god was killed and unleashing some sort of powerful artifacts into the world?

If anyone has any advice on where this campaign could go, I'd really appreciate it!
>>
>>56807448
baron of waterford
he's an authoritarian prick who micromanages even the underground crime in his city
>>
Rolled 23 (1d24)

>>56807635
>>
>>56807448
Gonna try to write a werebear for a podcast next year. Writing it will be easy, getting the DM to let me roleplay it will be the hard part.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>56807651
>>
Best spells to take as Divine Soul Sorc?
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>56807661
>>
>relatively new DM
>started running my first game a few weeks
>5 sessions in, 6th coming up in a few days (run 1 session a week)
>everyone says they're having fun, getting praised for doing cool things none of the other DMs in our community have done or tried
>quickly becoming the "premiere" DM in my community
>having more fun DMing than i ever did playing
>only started DMing because all the other games i played in sucked
Feeling good, /5eg/. Feeling real good.
>>
File: 1459814351115.jpg (94 KB, 601x508)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>56807669
Mokosh it is

>>56807672
you forgot
>realize you're forever DM and playing is forever ruined because no one will ever DM like you do for you
>>
>>56807685
unrelated question

do slavs all have slava in their names?
>>
>>56807448
Blood Hunter.

Doesn't even look good, but I am hooked on the concept now after playing Bloodborne for 192 hours since I got it beginning of November. I need this so badly now.

It will probably be a CoS campaign (GM has bought the book and everything, at least) and the idea is a Dex fighter whose backstory will be formed based on "This is your life" from XGE. I want a challenge in what my character is this time, and I dont want to fall into the same type as my old vengeance Paladin was.
>>
For those who have ran ToA, what level were your players when they entered the jungle? I feel like my players could get wrapped up in the Port for a while and I don't really do XP.
>>
>>56807448
I'm gonna play High-Charisma CN Human Divination Wizard inspired by Dylan Alvarez from UNSONG (but not a terrorist, mind you). I'll refluff Divination as Narratomancy: my PC will treat everything as a story, and be the perfect character for that story that would never be able to lose. Convincing the universe that what he wants to happen should happen.
>>
>>56807754
1st, they didn't bother much running around Nyanzaru. They got halfway to Camp Righteous, got into a couple of random encounters and got to level 2. And then I had to put the campaign on hold ;-(
>>
>>56807672
So are you gonna tell us some of the things you're doing differently?
>>
>Level 2
>GM has us running on the third session with no exp because "You only get exp at he end of an adventure"
>Several good milestones could have been used already, but nothing.
>Only 100 exp from level 3
FUCK.

THIS.

I dont know why some GMs are this fucking retarded, but you don't fucking keep level 3 from your players. The game literally hasn't begin until level 3.

Even worse is the fact that he keeps being surprised that a bugbear can one shot us. No fucking shit Sherlock, you are keeping us at level 2 where our average HP is between 10 and 15, the fuck did you expect?

It is even worse when you consider the fact that he switched to this after giving us exp every session at first, and then cuts it literally right as we should have hit 3. Fuck you, retard.
>>
>>56807792
It's nothing impressive by /tg/'s standards. It's just stuff previous DMs in my community didn't do. Stuff like:
>unique voices for NPCs
>actual battle maps (we play on roll20 and in past games only did combat through theater of the mind or a blank grid with a green square to indicate grass)
>integration of character backstories into the game, giving them hints and nods to certain things relating to them
>actual dungeon crawls
Honestly just basic stuff that I felt should be a standard of any game but wasn't in any of ours.
>>
>>56807828
>integration of character backstories into the game, giving them hints and nods to certain things relating to them

This is always the most important thing for a DM to do in order to make the world feel compelling, and something too many don't bother.
>>
File: dudchill.jpg (18 KB, 250x190)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>56807822
Have you tried talking to your DM like an adult?
>>
Can ToA be run with three players? Especially if one of them is new?
My friend back home (currently away for college) got it as a Christmas present, but we don't have a large group anymore since everyone spread to the winds (or realized that they didn't want to play RPGs) so now it is me, him, his brother, and a good friend of ours.
His brother has not played before (to my knowledge) and I know that my friend wants to play a bard. I think the brother would like to play something simple to get used to the rules or whatever like a fighter or something, but I can also easily see him get drawn into playing a rogue like almost every one of us has done for our first characters.
I really don't wanna spoil the fun by trying to carry the campaign, but I also don't want it to just fall apart because of our own stupidity, you know? Is it possible with just three people? What should I play? I was thinking Paladin or Barbarian if he goes Rogue, but I'm not sure what to do if he goes Fighter. Maybe a Druid? Or a Cleric?
>>
>>56807822
Leave, or gather the group and talk to the DM and say you're not enjoying his style.

If he's an experienced DM he's probably trying something 'new' and will take those concerns into account. If he's a newer DM he might just be shit, but it's worth a shot.
>>
>>56807822
Bad GM is bad.

It goes beautifully into why some people should never houserule or homebrew. Sounds like your GM legitimately doesnt know how 5e works, and when thst is thr case, hr should never try to fiddle with any of the mechanics. He needs to understand why the base game is set up like it is, in order to fully understand how to adjust it.

Nothing wrong with awarding a bunch of exp at the end of a 5-6 session arc, just very important to make sure it doesn't hinder the party too much, and even worse, results in a dead party member becauae of the withheld exp. I have seen a GM literally get shittalked so hars he stopped showing up, after he pulled this exact stunt, and as a direct result of it, and trying to upscale encounters, he TPKd them against a threat they shouldn't have been able to deal with. He used a campaign book, so the book assumed level 5, but he had kept them at level 4 for arbitrary reasons, and that got them killed. He didn't understand just how much 1 level matters at that point in the game, and neither does your GM. Give him a warning on this, bevauae I can garantuee none of you will ever forget this if any of you die as a result of artificially being kept at a lower level.
>>
>>56807448
Inquisitive Gloom Stalker. My DM usually starts us off at level 5 or higher, so I'm confident I'll be able to have some decent leeway with his backstory. I'm going to say that he was picked up as a kid by some two bit thief who wanted an apprentice/accomplice/patsy because of his keen eye, and trained to be a rogue. Then shit went wrong on a heist and he never saw his mentor again, so he just left to be innawoods and learned he was pretty great at it. I'm thinking Rogue 4/Ranger 1 to start and then only going Ranger from then on out. I'm taking expertise in Perception, Observant, and pumping the shit out of Wisdom. If I'm lucky, I'll get 30 Passive Perception before the campaign ends. Also Inquisitive will help boost insight. The plan is to dump the shit out of Charisma and be an autistic social retard who can always tell when someone's lying and never misses any subtle gestures. Can't wait to just fade away into the darkness mid-conversation with my party.
>>
>>56807448
Kobold Bard or Rogue, haven't decided, but he's going to be a southern gentleman.
>>
>>56807715
Kinda, if it's a name of a Slavic origin. Slavs use Greek, Roman, Germanic and Hebrew names a lot as well.

Most modern Slavic names come from ancient Slavic noble names and have two roots, usually 'Slav' is one of them.'Slava' means 'glory'; Svyatoslav is 'Holy Glory', Vseslav is 'Wholesome Glory', Borislav is 'Fighting Glory', Mstislav is 'Vengeful Glory' etc. The other common root is 'Mir' (meaning 'Peace' or 'World' depending on the context). Vladimir, for example, is 'Ruler of the World'.
Older names are usually twin-rooted as well, but have variation: old Russian name Yaropolk would mean 'Shining army', and Svyatobor is 'Holy Warrior'

I jokingly proposed to my wife to name our first son 'Yaropolk'. She likes old Slavic names and they're in fashion in Russia these days. But this one has... Chaotic Evil connotations to it, thanks to two completely crazy Great Princes in early Russian history.
>>
>>56807862
Just tone it down a bit for them so they don't get blasted in the encounters
>>
>>56807853
>>56807863
Yes, but he is one of those faggots who has watched some stream or whatever, and seen how "UNREALISTIC" it is to gain several levels during an adventure, and he doesn't want to be like *Insert whatever campaign he apparently watches but doesn't like*. That literally seems to be the reason.

>>56807877
>I have seen a GM literally get shittalked so hars he stopped showing up, after he pulled this exact stunt, and as a direct result of it, and trying to upscale encounters, he TPKd them against a threat they shouldn't have been able to deal with. He used a campaign book, so the book assumed level 5, but he had kept them at level 4 for arbitrary reasons, and that got them killed.
I think this guys needs actual treatment, because he sounds like a braindead faggot. How is he even remembering to breathe?
>>
File: Vampiric Smite.png (135 KB, 508x328)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>56807397
Post homebrew spells.
>>
>>56807667
Guiding bolt is good to twin at lower levels.
>>
>>56807586

i wanted to cast fire bolt/sacred flame
>>
>running LMoP
>players are level 4 and havent even cleared cragmaw castle yet
>realize this whole time i wasnt dividing the xp earned among them

FUCK
>>
File: Untitled.png (47 KB, 1567x415)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>56807568
make sure you closed every instance of chrome and then launched it using the shortcut with that tag in it. chrome divides itself into a million processes so check your task manager, if you've got weird extensions or tabs just hitting X on your window might not be enough

after you do that you should just be able to open any of the webpages in chrome and it should work normally, I've bookmarked the header page myself
>>
>>56807919
>he doesn't want to be like *Insert whatever campaign he apparently watches but doesn't like*
Ah yes the flipside of "tryhard tries to be a voiceactor and pretend they're on Critical Role".

If you've already talked to him and this is his response, leave. Gaining levels during a game is meant to show how the characters are growing from the ridiculous shit they're surviving, it also allows DM's to use cooler monsters/encounters. Your DM is a boring faggot.
>>
File: likifucrierrytim.png (8 KB, 300x250)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>56807899
>tfw not allowed to do my southern gentleman accent in character anymore
>>
>>56807919
>think this guys needs actual treatment, because he sounds like a braindead faggot. How is he even remembering to breathe?
Didn't know him much. I saw him play with his group, but I never cares enough to listen in on it. I just heard the story a lot, and it is used as a very cautionary tale at my local store.
>>
>>56807635
It could be interesting putting the PCs on a journey to find a god of heat or fire to put a stop to the cold.

I'm running a scavenger hunt style uncharted-esque campaign right now so I'm biased towards location-hopping and visiting different locales, so if I was running that I'd probably throw in a revelation that that god was killed during the events that caused the cold, and then it turns into a quest to try and find relics to replicate their power or to revive them. or the god could be weakened, so the PCs need to help them regain their power.

could also come up with a mechanism, object or force that caused the cold in the first place and the goal of the PCs is to stop/destroy it. it'd be interesting to have a campaign where as you get closer to the destination things get colder and harsher, I haven't personally played or ran a campaign that ever had interesting environmental factors.
>>
>>56807954
>it also allows DM's to use cooler monsters/encounters
The problem is that he DOES use cooler monsters and encounters. And he doesn't understand when we tell him that this shit isn't meant for level 2 parties. He claims "but you have more experience than a level 2 does", as if that somehow helps.

We have only been able to stay alive by cheesing as hard as possible. That's not fun. That is frustrating, and I am fully expecting us to either lose party members, or outright wipe, if he has some boss encounter we need to face at the end of this shit. So far it has only escalated, while we are for some reason kept at level 2.
>>
>>56807997
>"but you have more experience than a level 2 does", as if that somehow helps
So he's fucking retarded then? Leave.
>>
>>56807839
>too many don't bother.

too many 27 page manefestos about how they're actually the lost heir of the king, and a golden dragon with amnesia to boot.
>>
>>56807954
>Ah yes the flipside of "tryhard tries to be a voiceactor and pretend they're on Critical Role".
The worst GMs are always the people who seem to be /tg/ assholes.

We had a GM throw a beholder at our party at level 3, and after we got TPKd for obvious reasons, he started saying we were bad, and that the wizard player should pick a class he knew how to play, because a beholder is easily soloable by the wizard alone, and should have been a cakewalk for the entire party.

It is just those people that cant keep their powerlevel hidden. I know you are here somewhere Gray, you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>56808025
>playing with people from /tg/
Ask /v/ how that works out.
>>
>>56807822
>tfw my level 1s have like 1900xp because I forgot to divide
>>
>>56808039
I didn't know. But when that happened just a month or so ago, I just instantly knew he had to be from here. Didn't reroll a new character. Not going to bother with retards like that.
>>
>>56807754

my players also just ran into the jungle. i would wait to doll out exp, there's a lot of ground to cover in the jungle and you don't want them to hit 5 too early
>>
>>56808025
>A full party containing a wizard being unable to take down a beholder at level 3
Holy shit, how fucking bad at the game are you? Do you need to be handheld and fed goblins until you hit level 5?
>>
File: panzier vodka division.png (288 KB, 1152x378)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>>56807905
>Yaropolk

Wasn't expecting an answer, but fascinating stuff. Going to make it Baron Yaropolk then, I mean the dude is evil after all.
>>
>>56807910
I'm not the DM
>>
>>56807905
Slavic language is so fucking rad
>>
File: annoyedMichaelBolton.jpg (68 KB, 357x418)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>be a elf who's a rogue
>we start as slaves who got caught
>roll d10s to see how long we've been there
>roll a 1, so only been there for a day
>ask all the other prisoners who have been there longer if they've noticed any ways to exploit the place we are and escape
>etc
>eventually talk shit to two guards
>they take me out and beat me to 1 hp
>the fucking new guy decides to escape right fuckin there instead of waiting
>DM ends it there
>mfw realize my character is fucked and won't survive the next session
>>
>>56808022
I'm playing a the son of a somewhat important noble who ran away from home to have irresponsible fun with fire magic and is a gold Dragon Sorcerer. No amnesia though. Should I be transcribing his rants about how he's the greatest Sorcerer who ever lived and totally part dragon into 27 page manifestos?
>>
>>56807937
the important question is: are they enjoying it still?
>>
>>56807962
What happened?
>>
>>56807448

Japanese businessman Necromancer.

maybe magical savant sperg Loremaster
>>
>>56807962
too much foghorn leghorn?
>>
File: 1408585516348.png (136 KB, 1126x580)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>56808121
It amazes me how little awareness of a situation some people can have.
The amount of times my group has all but wrapped up some social encounter only to have it ruined because our token idiot has to go stick his foot in his mouth or escalates a situation to get us dragged into a fight at the worst possible time for no reason.
Constantly makes me REEEE internally.
>>
File: nutshot.jpg (50 KB, 640x480)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>56808129
you might as well, I'm not reading that shit
>>
>>56808175
I've literally asked the DM to make the token idiot roll a wisdom check before saying/doing what he says/does. God that guy was a fucking sperg.
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82 KB, 336x347)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>56808175
>The amount of times my group has all but wrapped up some social encounter only to have it ruined because our token idiot has to go stick his foot in his mouth or escalates a situation to get us dragged into a fight at the worst possible time for no reason.

Oh, those slob my noggin something fierce, but you know what's even more frustrating? When the party idiot commits some horrible atrocity on Session 1, and rather than do the sensible thing and shirk away from the crazy, the other party members see the big fat PC tattoo on the Party Idiot's forehead and decides we need to save them.
>>
>>56807448
Cruel, evil, aztec-esq yuan-ti bard who plays war-drums made of huminoid bones to motivate allies by fear and sick beats. Seeks the power of a an ancient lich to further deny the death gods their dues (will most likely die horribly, looking forward to it)
>>
>>56808175
Like, I was laying in the cell bleeding, he calls everyone over to talk about an escape plan to enact the next day or the day after, but then decides to do it right then a few minutes later. After the session wrapped I literally said to the guy "I'm still fucking lying on the ground basically dead" and that's when he fuckin realized it.
>>
>>56808231
>After the session wrapped I literally said to the guy "I'm still fucking lying on the ground basically dead" and that's when he fuckin realized it.

Let's be honest, there's some delicious vindication that comes from being righteously outraged at an idiot fucking you over.
>>
Am I a dumb-dumb or is there nothing in any of the Player Option section for 5etools?
>>
>>56808241
I deserve to get the crap kicked out of me, but if I die in the second session, I will get so mad and I probably won't play that campaign period.
>>
>>56808247
works for me
you got javascript disabled or something?
>>
File: Sviatopolk_I_of_Kiev.jpg (78 KB, 444x600)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>56807905
>>56808088
Shit, I messed up.
Just for the sake of historical accuracy: Yaropolk is a pretty ok name. There were a few decent princes with it and no BBEGs.
Evil one, weirdly, is Svyatopolk ('Holy Army'). Picrelated, Svyatopolk the Accursed, murdered a bunch of his brothers, took relatives' daughters, wives and mothers hostage, tortured them; brought in Polish mercenaries; sacked surrendered cities, minted coins with 'This is HIS silver' on them... Basically, all the stuff your Evil Fantasy Lord would do.
>>
>>56808264
>but if I die in the second session, I will get so mad and I probably won't play that campaign period.

Be honest with yourself, after the kerfuffle that was Session #1, do you really see yourself having fun with the rest of the campaign, one in which you seem willing to drop the entire thing out of sheer rage at a bullshit PC death?

I don't want to try and persuade you into dropping the campaign outright, but just consider if this is company you want to keep 5 hours every week for months.
>>
>>56808271
No, and it's doing the same thing on Chrome in which I'm pretty sure is a clean install.
>>
>>56808311
This guy showed up once last campaign, then didn't show up, and then was here again. I don't know if he'll be here next week. Everyone else is fine, but this guy came out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1511929931143.jpg (132 KB, 750x744)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
So my friend may have just lost his character in today's session (we ended when he fell unconscious) probably because the DM was panicking and wanted a week to come up with a reason for him to survive

He sent 3 Shadows against a single PC, and positioned them so that the PC couldn't escape by blocking the sole entrance to the room. Didn't let him attempt a check to push past them or anything, just didn't give him any chance to escape.

Looking at the stats for CR 1/2 creatures, Shadows seem disproportionately powerful for their CR range. 16HP with resistance to 8 damage types and immunity to 2 means they have 32 effective HP, they deal 2d6+3 on a hit which is more than most other CR1/2 creatures.

Would you say this is a fair death or did my friend get unfairly fucked over?

>his face after his character fell unconscious
>>
>>56808288
>Svyatopolk the Accursed

well consider it added to my DM tips reading list.
>>
>>56808341
I feel like I've read this story already. Is your DM on /tg/ too?
>>
>>56808354
I don't think so? Maybe.
>>
>>56808315
well I'm on FF57.0 and it just werks for me
>>
>>56808354
I feel like I read it today.
>>
>>56807448
>What's the class you're playing next?
Gnome Oath of Ancients Paladin who stacks Charisma for saving throws with maybe a dip into War Wizard for the Arcane Deflection

>What kind of personality are you going to give that character?
Uhhh likes to swing a big sword?
>>
>>56808370
yeah the whole shadow blocking the door. hmm

found it >>56807528
>>
>>56808139
>>56808161
Turns out I'm really good at capturing my contempt and expressing it in that accent. Unfortunately, this discovery was made during an Ironclaw one-shot where I called the pyromancer a "no-good monkey," on account of him being a a worthless cunt and a literal monkey, because Ironclaw. There was about 5 seconds of silence before the black man I had just so contemptuously called a no-good monkey asked me to repeat myself.
We all laughed it off after that but now no one can take me seriously in character in that accent and it ruins serious games
>>
>>56808175
>tfw trapped between an idiot player playing an idiot character and a know-it-all player playing a know-it-all character
>Know-it-all bitches constantly about everyone's actions except his own
>Idiot literally can't stop doing arbitrarily retarded shit and fucking up plans

I've honestly never been in a more dysfunctional party in my life. It's miraculous that anything happens in these sessions.
>>
>>56808341
>CR 1/2
>32 effective HP
>2d6+3 on a hit
jesus

>>56808382
>level 3
hot damn, that's a deadly encounter

I'd say it was bullshit unless there was some warning ahead of time
>>
>>56808382
That's the one.
>>
>>56808386
that's one hell of a faux pas
>>
>>56808396
Travis, it’s okay. Critical Role is over. You don’t have to bitch about Scanlan and Percy/Vax anymore.
>>
>>56808401
>unless there was some warning ahead of time

so unrelated I was going to have a Froghemoth (Volos CR 10/5,900 XP) kind of shitkick a city and I want to give my level 2s plenty of warning... how do I warn them properly?
>>
>>56808311
Also just want to add that the campaign seems fun. It's just the thought of dying right at the beginning kills all my excitement
>>
>>56808382
>>56808401
Ah, I guess I should check the archive before making posts in the future, didn't realize he'd already posted here himself.

Basically i'm not sure if I should confront the DM about it or not. In my opinion he fucked up by giving the player an unwinnable fight and then shutting him down when he attempted to escape.

It was weird too, in previous sessions the DM had let the Monk make acrobatics checks or spend Ki points and stuff to do things like move through enemy occupied spaces, but this time he just said "nah, can't do that." He even sent some NPCs to help out in the fight, then rolled some dice behind the screen and said "they're too scared of the monsters and they spend their turn cowering." Like, cheers for that mate.
>>
File: Untitled.png (43 KB, 1904x984)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>56808365
I'm on an older FF, 50.1. Newer versions broke my favorite add-on so I just use the old one. But my Chrome is up to date and I'm getting the same thing.

This is what it looks like.
>>
>>56808438
A strange meteor falls from the sky.

Monsters and animals start migrating away from it. First regular ones, and then stranger ones, like vegepygmies.
>>
>>56808386
> be at board game night
> token black guy is at next table in my line of sight
> guy across from me says something about the black ones (referring to meeples or resource cubes or something)
> look right at him and go "that's so racist!"

everybody's eyes turned to saucers then they realized it was an obvious joke about the game pieces, couldn't actually be taken out of context and everybody laughed with relief. shit was cash, and of course I know our one and only black guy is pretty cool and would think it was funny if he'd overheard.
>>
>>56808453
he certainly shouldn't have shut him down for trying to escape, that's just silly
>>
Why the heck isn’t there a Bandit/Poacher Background? We’ve got Sailor (Pirate) for the asshole, but it’s still a touch too nautical.
>>
>>56808455
I was thinking more it kills everything in it's path but they might, you know, feel heroic. I also thought about having it do a smash n grab to the city wall (they see it in the distance the day before, the next night...) and have enough guards/commoners that it's about dead, dead, or fled by the time they get there.
>>
>>56808477
well gosh golly why don't you write it out and ask the DM

I mean as long as you don't triple the prof bonus on every skill on your sheet or claim to be the long lost son of Ilmater you should be fine.
>>
>>56808479
True enough. It's just with Frogemoths being aliens, I figure crashing containment pod might be a decent sign.
>>
>>56808507
kind of have a tear in reality thing going though. I'll have to think about it.
>>
>>56808477
Make one. Custom Backgrounds are a thing for a reason. Don't expect Wizards to publish too many Backgrounds for the more evil professions.
>>
>>56808527
>tfw no Big Book of Evil Stuff
>>
>>56808477
Well, there is Criminal, which has the speciality of Highway Robber.
>>
>>56808477
The written backgrounds are basically just suggestions. The book basically says you can freely change out the proficiencies and such.
>>
>>56808541
lets not and say we did. last thing we need is bloat.
>>
>>56807448
Jamaican Stereotype Tortle
>>
>>56808598
What do we need besides more content?
>>
So I'm looking to make a College of Swords Bard, level 8. I'm also doing variant human and Hexblade 1 for W1/B7+, mostly for the +charisma to attacks.

My question is this: what feat should I take? Warcaster seems spicy, but so does Defensive Duelist. DD seems a bit underwhelming at lower levels, but I'll be at a level where it seems potentially relevant.

One issue with DD, however, is that Hexblade gives me access to Shield. It takes a slot, but it lasts a whole round instead of against a single attack.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: Distract & Deceit.png (1.86 MB, 1712x1076)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
Hey so these dual shortswords are artifacts in my game, they both will be attained after my party completes a sidequest dealing with one of the Party member's (Elf Rogue) hometown being overrun/in a war with Undead + a Death Tyrant. After the whole fiasco, the party will be level 11 and also be informed of the location of other artifacts like it.

Upgrading it to its higher forms takes some heavy role-play and completion of certain sidequests throughout the game, alongside reaching certain levels (Awoken level 9, Exalted 16+).

Any tips for balancing these a little more? Features that should be switched around or changed?

Yes I know they are not as good/cool as the Vestiges.
>>
Im building a custom warlock patron that represents mischief, deception, fire, riches and protection of said riches, mostly using the first three
Basically, she is a selfish and greedy prankster-dungeoneer entity that took interest in the party's bard for reasons

Any tips on spells or abilities? I was thinking of refluffing and doing some changes to the Fiend but it's kinda boring, specially when the contender is the raven queen
>>
>>56808454
Can anyone help?
>>
>>56808720
turn off addons
upgrade your old browser :^)
>>
All my players TPKd because they were idiots, admitted by themselves. They got killed by jumping into a put with an undead golem like creature they didn't have to kill, and indeed seemed like something they likely couldn't fight. I am trying to salvage the campaign, and I actually had a fun idea.
>The necromancer owning the dungeon, a detached but very human guy, finds them dead in his golem pit.
>Decides to raise them as undeads as an experiment
How should I rule this? Just make them undeads and leave it at that? What about rest mechanics?

I intend to have him drag them out of the pit, and then talk to them and ask them if they will agree to become a loyal minion of his, retaining their free will (more or less) but helping him with some stuff in exchange.

He isnt actually strictly evil. He has the "raises undeads and defiles graves" aspect that definitely puts him in the category, but he doesn't kill without a good reason, and just want to research. The "fascinated by death" kind of wizard, who wants to study as much as possible about death and undeath, before dying himself and experiencing the entire process of dying. Worshipping some God of death that doesn't turbohate necromancers (havent looked for one yet tough) with the hope that it will take him in. As the party is Neutral, he should fit in more or less with their general morals.

I mostly want to do this as a way to make a semi Dark souls campaign, where I can up lethality to insane degrees, and have them all return if just one of them gets out.

Good or bad idea? I don't want to mess with their race templates, just add undead elements to them. None of them have any features that would fuck them over for being undeads, already checked to make sure of that.
>>
Is there any utility in summoning a mount with find steed or find greater steed (or both?) and NOT riding them, just having them act as a combat pet like an ersatz ranger companion?
>>
>>56808920
Yes.

A warhorse is pretty strong when you get it, Paladin or Bard alike. You dont need to ride it to have it be effective.

I had a Valor Bard Gnome summon a Wolf as a mount/beast companion. It was pretty good for quite a long time.
>>
>>56808919
A better option might be he raises them as sentient undead under his command, however he botches his ritual circle and they have free will to fight him.
>>
Resurrection magic is bullshit and PCs shouldn't have access to it.
>>
>>56809007
Would you prefer resurrections done by NPC only?
>>
>Playing a paladin Knight
>group uses grid system
>I only move my guy in 20' increments in an L shaped pattern
>Party hasn't caught on that I always move that way
>They just noticed I do really weird shit
>The charade continues
Its stupid but fun. I will stop once someone in the party catches it. I think the DM may be suspicious but he hasn't said anything yet.
>>
C... could a blade pact warlock make their pact weapon a shadow blade, created from the spell? Could he then summon the sword indefinitely

Jeremy Crawford has said a shadow blade is eligible to be a Kensei weapon, as it is a simple weapon.

Relevant parts of the Pact of the Blade feature:
"You can transform one magic weapon into your pact weapon by performing a special ritual while you hold the weapon."

Relevant part of Shadow Blade:
"This magic sword lasts until the spell ends. It counts as a simple melee weapon with which you are proficient."
>>
>>56809022
That's pretty damn cool. Mind if I steal that for one of my npcs? She's a cleric of Form but fancies herself a knight.
>>
>>56809014
Not that guy, but I share his sentiment. Personally I like resurrection magic to just be non-existent in the setting. Neither PCs nor NPCs have access to it. Death is final, with the exception of "journey out of the underworld"-type adventures.
>>
>>56809070
Sure. Have fun with it. I know I am.
>>
>>56809075
Sweet, thanks bro. I of course mean Torm.
>>
>>56808964
The idea is that they cant fight him initially, but that his experiment doesnt go as planned, and makes him unable to control them as they near his CR, letting them fight him when they actually have a chance.

It is less due to story and plot, and more as a way to stop the idiots from suiciding again. If they dont want this plot to happen, I'll just have them reroll new characters instead, this isnt really forced, hence why they are being asked if they even want to be reanimated. It also seems fitting - sure, he can control level 3 PCs, but once they reach level 8, this CR10 necromancer have a fair chance of getting rekted by them, especially since he wont see it coming, thinking they cant attempt to cause harm to him.

The original setup was that they wanted to thrash his dungeon while they knew he was gone, because someone pais thrm to do it. They were not intended to fight him here, and he was aupposed to be a sort of BBEG that they followed around and made his life miserable, rather than the other way around. Having them work directly for him sounds fun as well though.

And i mean, the bounty is a standing one. If they kill him and come back in a year to claim the bounty, that would be pretty funny.
>W.. why are you undeads??
>Long story. We did your job, now pay up.
>>
>>56809063
Pretty sure shadow blade doesn't last long enough to make it the blade pact.
>>
>>56807448
Warforged Artificer
Hunter from Jumanji
>>
>>56809022
IM STEALING THIS
>>
>>56809063
Technically this >>56809156

But as a GM, I would allow it if you used an invocation for it, at the base level of the spell.

I never mind giving boons to a Blade locks.
>>
>>56809022
I want to make a cleric that only ever moves diagonally.
>>
>>56809022
fuck this is prefect for my dwarven palaldin
>>
So on a very technical level, the glamour bard does not have to give a good performance for his Enthralling Performance feature to work.

Your character can spend a minute twerking to no music with no ass, and people will still get charmed.
>>
>>56809201
Magic.

Literally nothing to do with the performance act. It is all magic.
>>
>>56808341
It would have been fair if it was absolutely anything aside from shadows, those sorts of things shouldn't be blocking doors. Grapples could have worked too.

The player could have just made ranged attacks if the enemies refused to move away from the door. If you don't have a ranged weapon, you're too dumb to be allowed to live, unless it's some sort of character honour gimmick for a paladin or something.
>>
>>56809203
I mean, he did say that they had him trapped which implies melee range.
>>
File: Spider-Witch-Colored.png (1.09 MB, 1181x1772)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>56807448
I've had a few ideas, some of which haven't been fully fleshed out yet though:
>Spider themed warlock
A spider witch that comes off initially as condescending, but shows a more playful/mischievous side to people she trusts. Looking for her lost sister who was afflicted by a curse, perhaps maybe a medusa.
>Oath of Redemption Paladin of Lathander
Basically a cocky and somewhat smug paladin that tries the bring out the best in people around her, even if they were once her enemies. Following a divine quest given to her by a powerful angelic being (one of the rolls in Xanathars)
>Lizardfolk Grave Cleric
Old and indifferent lizardman with his hunting days long behind him wandering from place to place and putting the dead back to rest. Sort of a team grandpa that makes sure the kids don't roll over and die on his watch.

Any suggestions on how to improve the fluff of these three would also be appreciated. Haven't found any games where I can use them yet, should find one eventually.
>>
>>56809164
honestly you can kinda cheese it saying since my focus is my blade then, and the spell is channeled through the focus. you can transform your pact blade into to shadow blade
>>
>Player just died after 3 sessions of NEVER rolling above 8.
>Literally never. Not once. Out of 60+ rolls
>He wants to roll a Rogue instead
>only because of reliable talent
Holy shit I feel so fucking sorry for him.

Do I buy him new dice or something? I know this is a game of chance, but his past few sessions have been insane. This is not just bad luck at this point.
>>
I need some advices for my character progression.
Setup is: I play in some kind of campaign league sort of thing.
It is mostly outside and the groups are always different. We are on an rather unexplored continent and try to explore and make a settlement to survive and florish.
I playing a human Paladin Damage dealer. 16,Str, 12 Con, 12 Wis, 9 Int, 8 Dex and 16 Cha. HP is the average 32 HP
I have variant with heavy Weapon Mastery and Two Handed Weapon Fighting style.
Now I turned Level 4 and am not sure what I should take for Attribut/Feat.
Should I go for more strength, more HP or something else?
I only played lvl3 one shots and am no sure how long I last with 32 hp. Do my healing skills cover up for that?
>>
>>56809217
You really can't by RAW. No matter how you spin it, the shadow blade spell doesn't last long enough no matter what you do. It will never be permanent by using RAW.

Still so fitting for a Bladelock, and a very nice boost to their power, that I can easily justify some minor homebrewing to allow it anyway, but at least at the cost of an invocation.
>>
>>56807448
human, celestial warlock
she was too physically inept to be a paladin or a cleric, so an angel gave her another way of serving Tyr.
I'm still fleshing out some details based on the group dynamic i'll establish with the others, but she's willing to put herself in danger for her cause, because she wants to prove she's worthy to those who (rightfully) rejected her.

It's also an excuse to actually put her in danger, since her defensive and healing tools are strong and efficient and I dont want to spend the whole campaign shooting cantrips from an armchair
>>
>>56807448

The god of aristocracy and oratory of a pseudoroman pantheon put in the body of a level 1 kobold swashbuckler rogue as a joke after the gotterdammerung came.
>>
>>56809234
Give him the Lucky feat and tell him to roll a Cleric instead. Focus on buffs and save attacks instead of rolling dice himself. On skill checks he has lucky to ensure at least the more important ones are successful.
>>
>>56809211
I suppose if he's already at the door and opening the door it would make sense, but if they're in the room and shadows appear and block the door he won't be in melee yet. Then he could just disengage or dodge and run to the door if they're not by the door.

Basically he'd have to already be in front of the door when the shadows get there. I suppose if the shadows came out of the door after he opened it.
>>
>Pact of Tome gets you a bunch of free cantrips that use CHA and can come from any class
>Pact of Chain gives you a super familiar
>Pact of Blade gives you a shitty magical sword with no special properties, on a class that absolutely doesn't synergies well with melee
I will never understand why they thought being magical was at all enough to make it even close to the same power as the other two.

Fuck your invocations, they are irrelevant to the base value of the pact boons. It doesn't help that Blade also has by far the worst of the bunch, but it should still have been equal -or at least closer- before evocation are considered.
>>
>>56809290
Me neither. Put those 3 options on a fighter, and Blade pact would still be terrible and never worth it.

I really can't figure out how they determined the value of those pacts.
>>
File: Sword of the Vampire.png (32 KB, 554x492)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>56809290
I mean blade pacts new Improved Pact Weapon feature works pretty well. Since it also works with magic weapons like Sword of Wounding, Flametounge, Frostbrand, and Sword of Sharpness it can work pretty well. Lifedrinker also adds Necrotic Damage to your strikes. I do wish they had Haste though, it would up their damage a little.
>>
I'm playing a game with a coworker. His group is from what I'm told weaboos. He wants a veteran so its me and my life partner roleplaying grizzled but funloving adventurers. Originally I wanted to do a cleric and a bard (I have a really cool love cleric homebrew. File related.) But I'm thinking Blood Hunter would work better. For our personalities in-character imagine Reinhardt and Ana from overwatch going on one more adventure before we retire. Life partner is currently rolling a Satire Bard but any good combos will be considered!
>>
>>56809243
So, kind of like the at-will invocations, but with the note that you can turn it into your pact blade?
>>
>>56809290
I think blade pact's problems aren't its power.
It's
>Tying the decision to be a melee warlock to a level 3 utility feature
>Giving the option of a couple of cool utility features and then a 'if you're melee you must take this combat utility instead' feature
>If it had armour proficiencies or something it would also urge non-melee warlocks to take it just for the armour in campaigns that don't use the utility
Bladelock should have been a variant warlock
>>
File: 1510333281566.jpg (62 KB, 679x379)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>56809334
>Should I play homebrew or homebrew?
>My partner is playing UA!
>>
>>56809234
Rogues still rely quite a lot on rolls.
If he wants to play something that doesn't require rolls, play a fucking wizard. They have tonnes of shit that involves no rolling, or makes an enemy roll instead.
>>
Does anyone still use revised ranger?
>>
>>56809424
I'm sorry. I don't see the problem. The others are playing homebrew and my DM said it was okay. I asked for suggestions of all kinds so if you have any core suggestions just tell me!
>>
>>56809457
Who doesn't use it?
>>
File: 1480420655768.png (369 KB, 617x883)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>56809235
N-no one?
>>
>>56809334
I was going to help you, but then instead of describing your characters you referenced a shitty video game. That isn't adequate, and the fact that you think it is means you aren't worthy of help.
>>
>>56809477
I mean I wasn't, but then I thought of a cheese build that involves having turn 1 advantage.
>>
>>56809512
I was appealing to the lowest common denominator, anon. I could also describe them as a few other things but it was the simplest solution at the time. Thank you for replying though!
>>
>>56809290
If weapon swapping actually did anything, bladelock would be interesting. As it stands, the 5e weapon system is so basic I'm surprised they even bothered giving them different damage dice.
>>
What happened to 5etools on astranauta?
>>
>Group runs a pretty light session for a good 6 months or so. We're mostly goofing around, and are pretty bad at RP, to the point where one guy is basically cardboard. Campaign ends on a decent note though. We accidentally the BBEG and he dies like Palpatine.
>New dm. Writes their own world with history and maps and shit.
>Paints minis and makes terrain for us to use, which is fucking awesome.
>But group still can't into RP at all and is still somewhat in the habbits of off topic chatter and even phone-staring during "not my turn, not my problem" moments.
>Dm is understandably mad that they are putting in a shit-ton of effort and we're basically picking our noses waiting to roll.
How do we reconsile this? The DM is clearly way more into this than most of us. We used to treat D&D like a poker night, but now the players are unhappy that they have to be really strict with the gameplay, and the DM is unhappy that they can't realize their vision. Wat do /tg/?
>>
>>56809235
Polearm master or sentinel. Probably polearm master if you want to be ready for level 11, since GWM becomes less useful at level 11 and PAM becomes more useful.

Strength is definitely less useful than PAM, but if you don't want to go for damage and don't want PAM and use a load of bonus actions already or whatever that aren't GWM bonus actions then try either sentinel for team protection or upping charisma to help give everyone neat saves.
>>
File: this_dog.png (186 KB, 372x365)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
I got introduced to 5e by my current group a few months ago and discovered that I like it a lot. My group stopped playing however, mostly due to exams and Destiny 2. How should I go about finding a new group to play when I live in a medium Scandinavian city (about 90k pop)?
>>
>>56809477

I don't. Companion beast options are way too limited in RR.
>>
>>56809592
Lucky you. I live in a somewhat rural town of 2500. I'm stuck with my group forever unless I want to drive 30 minutes to the LGS every week.
>>
>>56809582
See >>56788866
>>
>>56809582
It was mostly likely taken down by DMCA or something like that. There is a backup for now! You can also save a local copy pretty easily.
>>
>>56809587
>>56809235
Oh, also, an odd choice since paladins kinda want their stats but inspiring leader is both fitting for paladin and just plain good.

>>56809475
I mean it's okay if the rest of your group are homebrew too, but honestly it sounds like a fuckfest if everybody's playing homebrew.
Homebrew is rarely balanced, has no official reference you can look up for rules abjucation (which means your DM might accidentally rule something abusable and broken and players can't have fun finding something broken they can do with the class because it's not intended, but instead a flaw of their class, whereas it can be fun finding legit combos)
Also the PHB content and then adding on XGtE content is more than enough. When people resort to homebrew before they're even at my level, where I've played plenty yet still haven't felt the need to resort to much non-core shit, it feels like they're being incredibly fickle and they're trying to play some sort of snowflake fantasy where they can't use the system to make what they want but instead want an already made package of 'I want to become the guy' already put in front of them.
I suppose all that sounds a bit harsh and all but as long as your DM isn't going for a serious campaign it should be fine.

>>56809523
Everyone should be using revised ranger really unless they're multiclassing with it. UA revised ranger doesn't suit multiclassing well.
>>
>>56809583
Get a better Dom, and tell your DM to get better players.
>>
>>56809334
You're a terrible human being. Also why not just call them your boy/girlfriend or wife/husband? Life partner is a thing only all those 20 year old women who have a butterfly tattoo and a baby say.

>>56809583
Really I feel like in situations like this one it normally comes down in the DM's favor. He's putting in a lot of work to run you guys an enjoyable game, and isn't being a knob about it, so I feel like the players either need to buck up or stop playing.

>>56809582
WotC got him.
>>
>>56809592

Go look online. "D&D 5e group [insert city name here]

Check out your LCS, see if they run any open games. Great way to meet people who are into D&D who might invite you to their other group

If you have the patience to sift through a lot of shit and autism, Roll20 can be a way to find an online group. Sturgeon's Revelation definitely applies though.

Consider waiting until the new year begins, anon. The holidays at the end of the month tend to throw everything into chaos.
>>
>>56809583
You can't easily change their opinion or your own opinion unless your group is willing to try harder or your DM is willing to loosen up. Either part ways or compromise in some way. The DM might be fine with accepting RP in a more casual fashion.
>>
>>56809631
>Everyone should be using revised ranger really unless they're multiclassing with it. UA revised ranger doesn't suit multiclassing well.

Advantage on initiative, Advantage on turn 1 attacks, and +2 to Humanoids doesn't suit a 1 level dip, and more than PHB Ranger does?
>>
>>56809587
>Probably polearm master if you want to be ready for level 11
But I actually don't want to go for Poles. My primary weapon choice is maul or great swort, so 2d6 damage types.
>since GWM becomes less useful at level 11
How comes?
>try either sentinel for team protection or upping charisma to help give everyone neat saves.
Again I am more the damage dealer type.

Also my question ist for a Paladin average HP of 7 per level enough? Would tough be a worthy feat?
>>
>>56809647
I understand you dislike my choice of wording, but why the hostility?
>>56809631
That was well thought out and I see the point you're making. Its his first campaign and I feel like the players might have conned him into allowing homebrew, coupled with him being a poor college student (pay what you want/free homebrew packs etc.). Did you have a suggestion for a class combo?
>>
>>56809583

>in the habits of off topic chatter

That's fine, sometimes its hard to stay focused if your group doesn't take breaks while playing.

>phone-staring during "not my turn, not my problem"

Easy fix. Phones go into a basket that sits out of reach while the game is going on. If anyone NEEDS to reach you during a game, they'll call.
>>
>>56809235
Just up strength, you're clearly new and don't need to worry about grabbing the most optimal feats and shit unless you're playing with people form this website.

Just pick what sounds cool/fun or fits that character. Your CON could serve to be a 14 for HP but it's not too bad.
>>
>>56807448
A friendly, naive Water Genasi Arcane Archer
although he's just an NPC attached to the actual PCs
Stuck in the DM seat for far too long to quit now
>>
>>56809338
More or less, except it would be concentration free.
>>
>>56809439
I know, i think the gist of it was that Expertise + Reliable talent means the important things are very unlikely to ever fail.

I did suggest a spell caster, especially since reliable talent doesn't really help in combat.
>>
>>56809531
>I was appealing to the lowest common denominator, anon
>Referring to "who?" Characters from a shitty waifu bait game.
I would have to Google those names to have any idea of what you are talking about. I was about to help too, as I absolutely love the Blood Hunter, but I am not going to bother, when all I am given are names that mean absolutely nothing to me.
>>
>>56809234
Magic Missile
>>
>>56809535
Bladelock can switch between ranged and melee weapons.

It takes an action, but I mean, the option EXISTS. It does require the invocation though.
>>
>>56809664
>>56809647
>>56809636
I am >>56809619 we are kinda stick with each other if we want to play D&D at all. DM is a player's fiancee and they host our game. We don't really have many game materials or a great place to play outside their place.
Also one of our players is figuratively a cardboard cutout that occasionally throws dice. We have him all sorts of means to attemp RP. In the last game he was even an Aasimar Samurai with an intricate personality about justice. The (then) dm revealed he is the reincarnated king who was destined to reclaim his ruined city. The best we got out of him was occasionally quipping and a couple of decent combat encounters.
>>
>>56809736
Overwatch is a pretty popular game anon. I'm not sure where you're getting the waifu stuff if you claimed to have never played it. You seem pretty conflicted. I hope you get that figured out.
>>
>>56809736
>waifu bait game
I don't think I've actually heard a more fitting description of Overwatch.

Wasn't there some statistics about pornhub having MORE hits on their Overwatch videos than the actual copies of the game sold?
>>
>>56809759

...that wouldn't be hard. I mean, if someone watches one overwatch video they'll likely watch another.
>>
>>56809743
No, you can't. Read bladelock again. And that is still pretty boring.
>>
>>56809758
>Asks a question that requires you know more than what the game would actually tell you by playing it normally
>Acts coy when people tells you to give more information
Go suck a dick, faggot.
>>
>>56809758
See >>56809759
Just promos and ads alone makes it painfully obvious how much waifu catering this game is. You dont actually have to have played the game to know this.
>>
>>56809767
Read XGE, Black man.
>>
I feel like I might be the only person to not have characters preplanned out. When I start a new campaign I start from the ground up, no idea what I want to build and let that lead me to wherever.
>>
File: 20171207_124202.png (165 KB, 606x296)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>56809767
>Readniggerread.jpg
>>
>>56809767
Actually, read improved pact weapon.
>>
>>56809691
A paladin's better off getting the tough feat than increasing their con. If they want better con saves, they can increase their charisma.

>>56809672
Even if a polearm is 1d10 instead, it's still stronger than a 2d6 weapon with PAM.
Don't forget that GWM's +10 damage becomes less relevant the higher your weapon's damage is. Improved divine smite essentially gives all attacks +1d8 damage which thus makes the +10 worth even less, because the -5 to hit matters more because you may miss that extra damage.
>Again I am more the damage dealer type.
If you want the most damage you can get out of your ASI, PAM.
Gives reaction attacks, bonus action attacks to use when GWM doesn't trigger and you can use +10 damage on all the attacks, as well as the 10ft reach occasionally coming in useful. Also, more attacks means more chances to crit, which allows you to critsmite.

As above, if you want more health, tough is an acceptable choice.
Inspiring leader is also a good choice for health - at level 4 with +3 charisma it'd give you 7 temporary HP at least once a short rest to the entire party, compared to tough giving you 8 max HP at that level.
>>
File: 6665095077_795473f76f_b.jpg (216 KB, 1024x576)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
How do I go about making a Hawkman in 5e?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1EfVlRYEw

DIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!
>>
>>56809773
He didn't ask me to give more information, though. He just sort of antagonized me. Anyways, I was gonna play the characters like an old married couple who're still in love and still playful so lots of dumb jokes and "Yes dear." Type stuff.
>>
>>56809799
Even the theorycrafters don't stick to their build. Sometimes you need to change your build because something's more important in that particular campaign.
Many people have a rough preplan even if it's just 'take lots of levels of fighter' but nobody ever has a very strict preplan. Many even only start thinking about feats once they hit ASI.
>>
File: `````````````````````.jpg (320 KB, 500x572)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>56809767
>>
>>56809818
>As above, if you want more health, tough is an acceptable choice.
I would recommend HAM instead
>>
>>56809801
>>56809838
We really need pics edited with XGE
>>
>>56809799
I have a rough idea on what I want at high levels. Like "Oh Soul Cage looks cool I'll take that spell" rough.

That's all though.
>>
>>56809801
>More invocation taxes.

The second point still stands as well. I was wrong, but this doesn't help and bringing it up is stupid.
>>
>>56809875
The point remains that you're wrong and that you're a fucking autistic retard.
>>
>>56809801
>No Sling
I take it they didn't want people getting Charisma use slings without Hexblade thanks to Magic Stone being on the Warlock list? How else will I play my Halfling Fiendlock?
>>
>>56809821
STR Arrakocra.

Refluffed winged Dragonborn.
>>
>>56809821

Aaracokra
Winged Tiefling
Protector Aasimar
Draconic Sorceror Origin
>>
>>56809885
I was wrong that you can't switch to ranged weapons. I am not wrong that bladelock is fucking nothing right now
>>
>>56809900
I feel the same way about Battlemasters, however some people do manage to find them fun.
>>
>>56809887
Why did they not include the dragon wing feat in xge?
>>
>>56809671
RAW you cannot multiclass with UA revised ranger.
RAI you shouldn't allow multiclassing with UA revised ranger.
It's too frontloaded.
>>56809679
If you want two classes that work together, a paladin and wizard combination is quite simple as they tend to cover all the things the other doesn't cover, or a barbarian and wizard sort. Kind of thinking dragonlance with that with the brother that's a dumb brick but the wizard needs them for protection, since they're frail. Or you could go for similar characters - A warlock with repelling blast and a battlemaster fighter who uses the pushing battlemaster manoeuvre a lot, so they keep enemies away. Or a rogue and a shadow monk, both stealthy characters but contributing different aspects of stealth and subtefuge.
Your DM would be better off not accepting homebrew but honestly if they're a first time DM they wouldn't understand how the core classes work either. However, running homebrew classes won't really help him understand how the game works, I guess. It might be fine, but this sounds like a recipe for disaster. If any of the players have started taking homebrew from the D&D wiki that must not be named, purge them immediately. They're playing shit that is probably made by some 10 year old who's basing their class off of Rick and Morty.
>>
>>56809885
Being factually wrong and admitting it doesn't make one autistic or retarded. Thinking that is the case however. Anon, have you been tested?
>>
>>56809905
Champion fighters are the best with 2h mastery
>>
>>56809900
You're still wrong about that, especially with the hexblade now in the mix, and you're still a fucking autistic retard.
>>
>>56809913
Having autistic and retarded opinions makes you autistically retarded. Have you been tested? Not for the meme kind, the actual illness kind.
There's also need to be this buttblasted.
>>
>>56809910
Because fuck dragonborn they get nothing good.

On one hand I feel bad for 'em, but on the other I've seen quite a few people pick them because they're a fucking furfag degenerate and that's the closest they can pick to one in the PHB.

It really is pretty baffling, like, they shoehorn Darkvision onto fucking everything, but not the dudes directly related to motherfuckin' Dragons, who have both Blindsight and Darkvision?

And the breath weapon is a fucking joke.
>>
>>56809916
>Hexblade, the best Eldritch blast turret makes bladelock interesting

Nope.
>>
>>56809840
Doesn't Tough have a better scaling on higher level? Escpecially since +1 on Strength doesn't increase the bonus in this case.
>>
>>56809959
It also makes melee fun. Do you hate fun this much.
Your opinions are still shit.
>>
>>56809978
Tough gives you 4 CON worth of hp/level, but it doesn't go to your CON saves.
So pick based on that and if you couldn't find something more useful for a feat.
>>
>>56809981
How?
>>
>>56809995
Do you actually play the game with friends? Or do you only form shit opinions because you have no friends.
>>
>>56810010
Yeah, I regularly dm for two different groups, composed of players that also have other dms. A common complaint is that melee is just doing the same action over and over again. How does hexblade fix this?
>>
>>56809853
We really do. I unfortunately dumped my Photoshop skill, so I am not of much use in that endeavour.
>>
Flint and Steel
>Both 1h +1 Finesse slashing weapons. 1d8.
>Once per day, as an action, if you are weilding both Flint and Steel, you make strike the swords together, and they alight in flame. When the swords are aflame, add 1d4 fire damage to any successful hit. Duration: 10 minutes. You may dismiss the flames as an action.
>If Flint and Steel are aflame, as an action, you may make a slashing motion, crossing the swords together, and sending a flaming X shaped projectile at a target. 20yard range. Make a ranged attack. If it is successful, It deals 4d8 fire damage. This expends the magic within the swords. Flint and Steel are no longer treated as +1 for the remainder of the day, and the flaming effect is dismissed.
I'm paraphrasing a bit, but my DM just gave me these as an 8th level rogue with Dual Weilding feat. Am I wrong, is this a bit overpowered? The fire action seems inconvenient to activate, but 10 minute duration gives me +1 and +1d4 fire for an entire fight. Also isn't 8th a bit early for +1 weapons any way?
>>
So whatare some of the most useful spells to grab for a level 10 Glamour Bard?
>>
>>56809875
>Oh I was wrong
>Better call everybody else stupid to defend myself
Turn yourself into, Mr. Autism.
>>
>>56809875
>BRINGING UP PROOF THAT I WAS WRONG IS STUPID!
Dear God, the sheer stupidity we see here is staggering sometimes.
>>
>>56810036
I don't want your resume. If you and your players don't have the creativity and imagination to make melee fun that's on you and your players.
Learn to use terrain and the environment, use traps, use all sorts of things. Why and how are you this bad of a DM.
This is a role-playing game you're playing, you do realize.
>>
>>56809886
Ask your GM.

I sincerely doubt hed have a problem with it. I think they felt the need to do this, so people didn't try arguing they could summon a rifle or handgun or something like that, and along missing might very well be an oversight.
>>
>>56809900
You're right, Blade Pact is still shit, but stick to the actual reason for why, don't make up new ones that are clearly wrong. That makes you look like a fucking retard.

>>56809916
Hexblade doesn't fix blade pact, they are two separate things.
>>
>>56810063
I was wrong about a fact, but I don't see how it changes things for the bladelock. Being able to switch on an action to ranged is not very interesting, considering you could just carry a ranged weapon and switch for free during your turn.
>>
>>56810088
No shit they are two different things, you fucking autistic retard. No one has been saying they're the same thing.
Actually play with the blade pact.
>>
File: Capture.png (27 KB, 555x247)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
How much should it cost for my Rogue to buy some frags? I assume they won't be cheap for that damage, but as a level 11 Thief my Alchemist Fire and Acid vials have long since lost their bite.
>>
>>56810091
Except, you know, losing all the benefits like extra attack, bonus damage, magical weapon damage...

Oh wait, you don't actually play the game, and know fuck all about how a Bladelock works, right?
>>
>>56807448
I wanna play a Wild Magic Sorcerer, I'm thinking tiefling (but not an edgy one).

Really wanna play a criminal who's constantly way in over his head and just threatens to cast a spell, knowing it could go horribly wrong. Like someone who runs around with a gun yelling "I have no idea how to use this so do what I say and I won't try!"

But I'm ForeverDM and won't ever play it because the one time I wasn't DM I desperately wanted to be DM again
>>
File: Capture.png (45 KB, 563x344)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>56810101
Or do you think Frags are a bit much and I should look into some Dynamite instead?
>>
>>56810091
You realize what the pact weapon is though, right?
It counts as magical, you're proficient in the weapon.
You realize because you play the game don't you?
>>
>>56810107
If you use your action to switch weapons, you don't make any attack that round Anon.

Why would you even switch when you have eb?
>>
File: Vaarsuvius.jpg (49 KB, 401x409)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
How much of a dick will I be if I play my Wizard like this but specifically go out of my way to avoid picking bullshit spells? Just overconfident and quick to want to show it off.
>>
>>56810100
Chill faggot.

I havr played a GOO Warlock before Hexblade dropped, and Blade Pact is not fixed by Hexblade, it just has ridiculously good synergy with it. Blade pact is still bad for a Hexblade because of how little it actually offers, and how much you have to invest in it.

It is fun, because the synergy makes a melee lock both viable and fairly easy to build, but saying Hexblade fixes Blade Pact is like saying a Sorcerer is good if you MC 2 levels into Warlock for EB+AB invocation.
>>
>>56810100
i played Hexblade Bladelock and I still used EB bc it deals more damage. Bladepact sucks even with Hexblade
>>
>>56810140
It about accurately summarises what a Wizard does, so I wouldn't call it too dickish at all.
>>
>>56810140
>How can fighters even compete
>>
>>56810127
>Why would you even switch when you have eb?
Slippery slope, buddy. Why would you ever use a weapon instead of EB? Even a Hexblade is better with EB.

The answer: Because fun. You want a weapon using Warlock, not an EB spamming warlock.

Besides, first you need to be proficient with the weapon, which you may not be, second of all, since you have extra attack with your pact weapon, switching to a bow is worth it only if 1 attack is all you need. The following round, it is equal (but still in favour of the blade pact due to +1 hit/damage), and third round the pact weapon is pulling ahead by a large margin. Even worse if you have Charisma damage bonus invocation at this point.
>>
>>56810101
Scroll of Fireball is consumable uncommon magical item, thus it costs 250gp.

This does about 5/8 damage. I'd say 100gp seems more or less reasonable price.
>>
>>56810140

Seems par for the course for Wizard. Though trope-wise, perhaps more the arrogant recent-graduate from a magic apprenticeship than the wizened old sage.
>>
>>56810145
>it just has ridiculously good synergy with it.
You're a fucking autistic retard. Keep being one and never stop being one
>>
>>56810166
>>56810195
Yeah I wanted the level 1 Wizard right out of teaching who quite simply thinks magic makes him much more powerful and effective at solving issues then he actually is. Basically arrogant and sort of a dick, but only because he sincerely believes that he is responsible for much more then other people.

Now to decide on Evoker or Conjurer.
>>
>>56810174
You still haven't shown how "I hit it with my sword/bow" is fun.
>>
>>56810127
I dunno, maybe you want to benefit from SS and CBE. And it's also fun.
>>
>>56810220
Did you forget to take your meds this morning? I can't even tell what you are this mad about anymore.
>>
>>56810164
You tried a hexblade bladepact with hexblade curse and eldritch smite and the EB still did more damage?
>>
>>56810186
That seems fair, in character it's basically going to be reformulated Alchemist Fire made to burn super-fast (DM has been dancing around if gunpowder exists in setting) and tightly packed with ball bearings, and it costs 50gp for a vial of Alchemist Fire as it is now so getting some "special order" alchemist fire for twice the cost sounds about right.
>Captcha- stop buy this
it is destined.
>>
>>56810233
Severely autistic. Remember, this all started when he didn't appreciate someone saying "being able to switch between ranged and melee as your only strategic considerations is boring, and bladelock especially suffers from this"
>>
>>56810233
Did you forget to take yours? Your mistake was thinking that I'm mad when I'm only telling it like it is.
>>
>>56810233
>>56810260
Keep being this buttblasted though.
>>
>>56810225
>Prove how this is fun
This is an actual sign of autism, you know that, right?

I obviously can't tell you. For all intents and purposes, EB is objectively better in all but that rare case where the GM gives you some ridiculously powerful weapon you can use as your blade pact weapon. From a math standpoint, you should never pick blade pact. It is a massive trap option.

However, the power gap isnt large enough that taking it means you are utter thrash. Pick Hexblade and you can be very decent at the whole "melee warlock" thing. Decent being the key word. But hey, if all you want is optimised shitfests, there are tons of subclasses - even classes in general - which should never be played, because they aren't the most effective choice. But sometimes, people have a specific kind of character they want to play, and if they want a melee Bladelock, and they find EB spam boring, then that is all that matters. As long as they aren't playing with severely autistic faggots who want the entire party min/maxed, they will likely still have a lot of fun, even if their numbers aren't necessarily the highest.
>>
How do you give a Brad a fun and unique personality?
Is "pretty boy coward that's way too optimistic and gullible for his own good and doesn't get when people are pissed off" too plain boring for that?
>>
Would a level 8 EK / 12 War Wiz/Abjurer with Tenser's Transformation as the end goal be an effective character?
>>
>>56810290
I dunno most Brads I've met have been total cunts.
>>
>>56810264
>>56810260
Keep being severely fucking autistic retarded.
>>
>>56810145
>Ridiculously good synergy with it
The only synergy it has is allowing you to use the shittier melee weapons with charisma. Doesn't even let you do it with polearms. The curse benefits eldritch blast more than it does those weapons since EB eventually attacks more.
Hexblade is just plain better on paper than all the other patrons, though in practice the other patrons can prove potentially useful, kinda depends.
There's still no reason to go melee instead of EB.
>>
>>56810233
See >>56810316
>>
>>56810264
>Keeps swearing every post and calling people stupid, retarded and autistic
>Not mad at all, but EVERYBODY ELSE clearly are!
So you are not mad, just 10 years old?

And you didnt answer the question. What exactly are you screaming "AUTIST!!!!" for? Because I said hexblade isnt a fix to Blade pact, as much as it just has enough synergy to at least make it viable? Because that is absolutely true. A fix would be to change what Blade Pact gives you. A fix is never adding another option, which prevents existing options from being possible. A fey bladelock is still not viable. So blade pact isnt fixed by adding Hexblade.

But sure, if your only form of argumentation is calling others autists, then I gues we're done?
>>
>>56809991
I meant HAM is weaker at higher levels compared to tough.
>>
What do you guys think about paladin? Is it a good class? Some friends said that it falls off a bit later on
>>
If you're aiming for a level 20 build, wizard20 blows whatever shit you're thinking out of the water, because high level spells. Not to mention, EK8 only gives you two levels of spellcasting with that multiclass, which is pretty pitiful when at higher levels a wizard can cast a powerful spell every turn and instead you're casting low-mid level spells and getting a single bonus action attack, or just going boomingblade+bonus action attack.

However, it's still okay. I'd say to only go to EK7 for war magic and to pick a real wizard school instead, but then again I guess since you're not a full wizard and don't have as many spell slots going war wizard isn't so bad since unlike a full wizard you can't spam shield quite as much.
So, I'd say it's not optimal but you should do it if you want to do it. It's not bad.
>>
>>56810323
That is the unfortunate result of making EB so god damn strong.

I have tried to fiddle with it and try making it better than EB, but that is just super difficult without making a 4 attack Fighter with SS worse at dealing damage than the bladelock. The sheer power of EB has created a situation where Bladelocks can never be a better option, baring the GM giving you retarded strong magic weapons.
>>
>>56810346
Actually read the posts then instead of having a screechfest. Actually play with actual people instead of being severely autistically retarded and having shit opinions.
You being this upset just proves you are an autistic retard.
>>
>>56810348
HAM doesn't really drop off too much.
It's still +1 strength, so it's only a half-feat. Enemies tend to attack more, which means you're applying HAM several times, and more HP means lasting longer to apply HAM more. Enemies don't really have magical weapons, but it's true that enemies are more likely to do non-physical damage, I suppose, even if only a bit.

HAM is always worth it instead of upping strength if you have odd strength, but PAM/GWM/SS/CBE and all the 'compulsory weapon feats' always come first.
>>
>>56810369
Not an argumemt.
>>
File: 1510834620939.jpg (214 KB, 600x620)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>56810369
>Can actually hear the REEEE coming from your post full of swear words
>Calls others mad
Also, you may want to improve on that vocabulary of yours, a solid 20% of all words you use are "retard" or "autist".
>>
>>56810369
>Actually play with actual people
I fail to see how that is relevant to any of the discussions is far.

Do elaborate, I'll grab myself a cup of coffee while you provide the explanation.
>>
>>56807448
>What's the class you're playing next?
Whatever best suits the personality below. So, what class should I play?

>What kind of personality are you going to give that character?
Chad Thundercock
>>
>>56810382
>>56810393
Keep being severe autistic retards. Actually play with actual people.
>>
>>56809767
>>56809801
>>56810369
>>56810382

>over an hour later
>still REEEEING over the same point

This had better end up in some amazing hate-sex anons.
>>
>>56810366
You're thinking about this wrong.
There is no point to having melee just be 'Eldritch blast but more damage'.
It needs to be distinct. Yet they've gone the path of 'Well just give them more armour and make them essentially just a fucking fighter except warlock spell slots'
Bladelock, in order to be distinct, should be some sort of dangerous glass cannon melee fighter. Easily the best damage, but also clearly very vulnerable. However, it's not an easy concept to get in.

Even if you do as much damage as EB, EB's advantage is that it has tactical versatility. Repelling blast works on everything. 120ft range is great in all cases. If an enemy gets too close there are plenty of ways to deal with that shit. It deals force damage.
If you nerf EB you nerf the point of being a warlock, since their spellcasting is worse but they have a better cantrip.

What a bladelock with extra attack does have is being able to make more than one grapple a turn. If you have items that can be used instead of an attack to allow extra attack martials to have further utility, it may be worth being a bladelock, provided the damage doesn't outright suck. That aside, I feel a bladelock should have limitations on how much armour they can use but also then make sure they do plenty of damage.

The best way to make a bladelock as part of warlock is to make a warlock clone class that is altered for bladelocking, with non-agonizing blast only and a bunch of features that EB warlocks can't then steal from them that make them unique.
>>
>>56810419
>Actually play with actual people.
See >>56810398
>>
>>56810401
Half-Elf Champion Fighter with GWM, no PAM because tactical fighting is for pussies. 16, 10, 16, 8, 8, 16 for stats.

Assert dominance over your party by saving action surge to kill them instantly if they talk back.
>>
>>56810398
You'll know how that's relevant if you play with actual people. Playing with yourself isn't useful to any discussion.
>>
>>56810419
Not an argument.
>>
>>56810429
See >>56810431
>>
>>56810422
Yeah, after my last Bladelock died, I made a Blood Hunter, and it was actually surprisingly close to what I had hoped a Bladelock would be.

High damage, squishy, and with curses that fucks with the enemy. Adds different kinds of damage to their weapons to deal with vulnerability (which is unfortunately rare in 5e for some retarded reason).

And fucking curses man. Why does the Warlock have a single damage curse. It is a fucking Warlock, WotC, GIVE US FUCKING CURSES YOU ASSHOLES
>>
>>56810459
What is a blood hunter?
>>
>>56810459
Have you looked at the hexblade.
>>
>>56810431
I do play with people.

So i ask again, how does playing with people show me that Bladelock was fixed with Hexblade?
>>
>>56810431
Is it just that anyone who disagrees with you must be autistic or not play with anyone?

>>56810459
Pathfinder has the witch class, and it has hexes, which are what invocations should have been.
>>
>>56810048
Oh, cool. I might steal those for my game. They are powerful, yes, but not really overpowered. If anything, i'd even remove the clause that after making the ranged attack they're no longer +1 weapons, cause that's silly. The ranged attack isn't even worth it, using action for 4d8 (avg 18) damage at an enemy within 60ft. You could just as well Cunning Action dash, get in melee, and attack for 1d8+1d4+Dex+1+4d6 (avg 25~27) damage. In fact, I'd probably just make it so they could cast Aganazzar's Scorcher once per day, probably at level 3 or 4.

Besides, you just the extra fire damage once per day. Unless your DM is one of those who have 15 minutes Adventuring Days, this is hardly a big deal.

>Also isn't 8th a bit early for +1 weapons any way?
wut, of course no. Players could be getting +1 weapons as early as level 5. Hell, Lost Mines of Phandelver has a +1 longsword at level 2.
>>
>>56810475
Check the curses a Blood Hunter gets. I really wish a Warlock got similar things.

>>56810473
A "homebrew" by Matt Mercer. Very well polished over a long period of time, and the final iteration, 1.8, is actually pretty good.

Ghost Hunter is so much fun. The thing to remember is that a Blood Hunter is technically just a weaker kind of Paladin sort of, so if you want a powerful character, dont bother. They are not 4elements monk terrible, but they are in the lower end, unfortunately.
>>
>>56810459
Pretty much. This is why I accept bloodhunter as one of very few acceptable homebrews, because it fills a gap that has been left unfilled, with a glass cannon-ey bladelock-like fighter. If only for that it deserves some recognition, and also that it's not written like some idiot on dandwiki wrote it.

I'm still iffy as to if it's really strong enough or really fills their role in the party well, but at least the homebrew has a reason for existing.
>>
>>56810476
>>56810477
You really sound like you don't. If you actually played with people then you'd know the bladepact is fun. Again, playing with yourself is no indication of anything. It's useless as a comparison. And please keep being this assblasted. It's cemented in my mind that you're autistic retards.
>>
Can you cast shape water on holy water to coat your blade?
>>
>>56810048
For a normal rogue:
Dual-wielding is already suboptimal. Hand crossbows are better.
The +1d4 per attack takes an entire fucking action.
+1 is fine at level 8, and doesn't benefit rogue much anyway since they already work well against high AC targets and don't attack often enough for the +1 damage to do jack shit.
I'm unsure if the ranged attack even adds your dex mod or even sneak attack (it might be the wrong type of ranged attack), but even if it did it wouldn't be awfully powerful. It's not entirely useless if you use it at the end of the day, but eh. More flavourful than anything.

Overall compared to most level 8 shit I see I'd say it's actually pretty damn weak. A rogue with a non-magical hand crossbow and CBE would be more effective than a dualwielding rogue with those weapons.
However, if your DM doesn't hand out weapons that're supposed to dramatically boost everyone's damage and are instead more fun in interesting, I respect that and he should carry on.
>>
>>56810544
>Can you cast shape water on holy water to coat your blade?
Pleb. Use shape water on holy water to coat peoples faces and fill their noses.
>>
Do you guys think that great weapon fighting style is good if you use a greatsword? I read in some guides that it's not really good since it's only +1 dmg on attack on average. If it's not good what should i get for a fighter with a greatsword? The defence fighting style?
>>
Reminder that magical weapons should always be polearms and hand crossbows because they are the best weapons and that the only reason people make other magical weapons are because whoever wrote the campaign thought it would look cool to have a flaming sword or some stupid shit.

>>56810544
It's no different to just splashing the holy water on the fucking blade yourself.

>>56810517
>If you played with people you'd form a subjective opinion that agrees with my subjective opinion, so clearly you haven't played
Here's a hint: Not everybody likes the same shit. Some people are okay with eating literal shit every day.
>>
>>56810502
>I'm still iffy as to if it's really strong enough or really fills their role in the party well, but at least the homebrew has a reason for existing.
GMd for it twice, it is not strong at all.

It has some neat tricks, but everything seems to have a drawback, and it makes the class in general feel very subpar compared to most other classes.

Not lowest tier by PHB standards, but low enough that I can't justify being concerned about it. The dual wielder got quite a lot of mileage out of it at level 10, but at that level, -20 max health is still a lot of health you are just missing.
>>
>>56810517
What basis do you have for your opinion, other than the fact that the people you are insulting disagree with you?
>>
>>56810592
It's an extra 1.33 damage on average. That said, it still adds up the more attacks you make. the defense fighting style is a valid choice, too, but so far none of the players I've seen using greatswords +gwf style have complained about it. It's very satisfactory to roll a 1 on damage and be able to turn that into a 5 or 6.
>>
>>56810592
It may be worth it on a fighter since you make so many attacks if you want to focus on damage, provided you actually remember to use it. Fighters are one of few cases where it's somewhat acceptable to not take PAM alongside GWM since fighters already make a lot of attacks n' shit, especially champion fighters having a higher chance of scoring that bonus action, so GWF is probably a good fighting style on a fighter. Actually, fuck that, I just remembered, something your guides are probably forgetting to tell you - Great Weapon Fighter boosts your effective weapon damage dice average from 7 to 8.33. The higher your damage, the less you benefit from GWM, though you should still have GWM. Thus, it's less like +1.33 damage increase and it's more like a +0.7 damage increase when you're making all your attacks with +10 damage.
On a paladin you should be using polearms anyway. It's less effective on polearms though polearms attack more, so it balances itself out somewhat, so it's stlil an acceptable choice.

Choose whichever, but the defense fighting style is probably better. If you don't think your DM is hardcore you might as well go for more damage though.

Also if you really wanted to be an optimal fag you're take archery fighting style instead and go CBE+SS because that's the optimal for fighter.
>>
>>56810661
>Also if you really wanted to be an optimal fag you're take archery fighting style instead and go CBE+SS because that's the optimal for fighter.

what's so great about polearms that you should use them on paladins, I kind want to make a strong character but also wanna roleplay a bit so i would like to fight with a greatsword
>>
>>56810604
Here's a hint: playing with actual people would allow you to form actual opinions. Playing with yourself and eating literal shit everyday like you're doing isn't helpful.
And here's another hint: your blathering about liking different things is irrelevant.
>>
>>56810517
>You really sound like you don't. If you actually played with people then you'd know the bladepact is fun.
...that is Literally what people have been saying from the very start. They are fun. Not the best choice in terms of numbers, but still fun.

Maybe read the post you are responding to, instead of just screeching autistically whenever someone replies to you.
>>
>>56810604
Your bias isnot helpful at all.
>>
>>56810661
>CBE
wot
>>
>>56810719
CrossBow Expert. You know, the feat that allows you to make bonus action attack with hand crossbow.
>>
>>56810714
If you have actually been bothering to read the posts instead of autistically screeching, "people" haven't been saying it's fun, they've been saying it's useless. Maybe learn how to read before autistically screeching.
Why are this upset?
>>
>>56810048
I mean, just compare that to Flame Tongues, which are rare items:
>bonus action to activate
>extra 2d6 fire damage on every hit forever
>>
>>56810703
Dude, your autistic rampage through tjis thread is really damn sad, when it is pretty clear you actually agree with the people you are instantly screeching at.

We know blade pact has merit as a build that some people might find fun. That was never in question. The question was always about why Blade pact is so much worse, baseline, than the other 2 boons. Even with invocations, it is still worse by a large margin.

This isnt about whether it is fun or not. Even my old GOO Bladelock was a ton of fun to play, but that doesn't change that the balance discrepency is too big.

Calm down and read, instead of enraging like that.
>>
>>56810742
So dual wield, melee in one hand hxbow in the other?
>>
>>56810744
No, we havent. No one has called it useless. People have said it was never the optimal choice, and that EB was always a better option. That is not the same as saying it is useless or impossible to have fun with.

Get yourself some reading comprehension. Several of us have stated to have played Bladelock and found them fun.

Read nigger.
>>
>>56810769
No, one hand crossbow is enough.
More attacks - more options to use Sharpshooter and its +10 damage benefit.
>>
>ITT 1 guy autistically screeching at people he has misunderstood entirely
This is why I love /tg/. Nothing better than having a nice cup of coffee, and a long thread to sit and read while having a chuckle at the expense of some poor Autist.

Every time. Never change /tg/.
>>
File: paladincharts2.png (42 KB, 776x597)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>56810747
Flametongue weapons is proof why the DMG is shit
>Wouldn't it be cool if we had magic items that, like, you know, just kinda
>Did more damage
>Yeah!

>>56810701
GWM is actually acceptable on a vengeance or devotion paladin since they increase their hit chance.
It's just at level 11+ GWM drops off in effectiveness and PAM becomes more useful.
PAM grants an always-on bonus attack and a frequent reaction attack.
GWM grants a bonus attack 'sometimes' and allows you to do more damage by making yourself more likely to miss.
GWM prefers it when your attacks do less damage so that the -5 to hit matters less. GWM likes it when you attack more, and PAM gives you more attacks.
PAM likes it when you do more damage on every attack, which improved divine smite gives.
Paladin has the most synergy with polearm mastery therefore, but the baseline is you should be taking either GWM or PAM or both.
Anyway, here's a graph. I could do with fixing it up a bit such as it's impossible to have 100% hit chance, but I believe it's entirely accurate, accounting for crits n' shit. However it does require a couple of arbitrary variables for reaction chance and bonus action chance.
>>
>>56810764
Why are you this upset? I just want "people" to not be autistic retards. Is this too much to ask? I guess it definitely is.

The bladepact has now been made relevant in the hexblade, even if you find it subjectively worse in comparison. That was always in question, whether something is subjectively worse because people are biased or don't play with actual people. This is an issue in these threads: comparisons in a vacuum with no irl play and limited understanding of simple rules, and only autistic screeching over numbers.
This is the definition of being autistically retarded and it's very sad 5eg has devolved to such a state.
>>
>>56810792
Would you go AA for the magic arrows or Champ for the larger crit range?
>>
>>56810818
>I just want "people" to not be autistic retards. Is this too much to ask? I guess it definitely is.
It starts with yourself, anon.
>>
>>56810814
>t. Autistic retard.

>>56810791
>>56810814
See >>56810818
>>
>>56810818
>Why are you this upset? I just want "people" to not be autistic retards. Is this too much to ask? I guess it definitely is
You know the term; Don't throw rocks when you live in a house of glass?

You might want to familiarize yourself with the concept.
>>
>>56810838
I'm not the autistic retard here. The change begins with an actual autistic retard like you. Why are you this upset?
>>
>>56810845
Maybe you should practice what you preach. You do you though.
>>
>>56810816
Oh, right, for reference, the arbitrary variables were-
I can't remember, but it was probably a 33% chance of PAM reaction attack or a 50% chance of PAM reaction attack, both of which I believe are entirely realistic, if not slightly lower than they should be.
The bonus action variable is that there's a 0.15 chance of killing a creature and then being able to make a bonus attack with that every round using GWM. Or maybe it was 0.2. However, it also counts the chance of getting a crit and being able to make a bonus attack based off of that.
It also accounts for using GWM's bonus attack instead of PAM's bonus attack if you scored GWM's bonus attack.

Naturally non-PAM paladins here are assumed to use greatswords. I don't think GWF was used here, but it might have been, but GWF would have a minimal impact because GWM lessens the impact of it and PAM makes more attacks so it may favour polearms more than you think.

Also I don't think the graph uses the IF function I set up to determine whether using +10 damage would be better or not, so naturally GWM is going to fall off at low hit chances in that case since it always has the +10 damage on, because if you didn't have the +10 damage on then PAM would be better at that hit chance anyway.
>>
>>56810814
Maybe you should actually play the game dumbass.
>>
>>56810791
Comparing if something is the optimal choice in a role-playing game is definitely being an autistic retard.
>>
>>56810874
Start playing the game and you'll be less autistically retarded.
>>
>>56810845
Maybe if you actually played I would think of this as throwing stones at my own house and not an NPCs house you autistic retard.
>>
>>56810819
I like Battlemaster with an xbow build. The maneuvers make for some pretty sweet trick shots.
>>
File: 1459781440566.jpg (114 KB, 947x1080)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Is there any spell that causes straight damage you would consider choosing as a Wizard? I like Fireball and Fire Bolt for their versatility and Shocking Grasp coupled with Blur is nice, being electric Neo is always fun
>>
What about a pally with longsword a shield and dueling fighting style? Is it any good? What feat would be good with that?
>>
Has anyone included kythons in their games?
>>
>>56810839
t. Autistic retard who doesn't play.
>>
>>56810962
If you are Evocation, Magic Missile.

If you are an actually useful subclass why the fuck are you trying to do direct damage? Buff your allies and use control spells damn nerd.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>56810986
I didn't say I caused direct damage ofyen Anon, just for some fun occasionally ):
Also I divine this roll for your next bowel movement, who's the nerd now?
>>
>>56810986
Evocation is useful and fun and don't need no man.

Fucking autistic retard, I bet you don't play
>>
>>56810962
Fireball
If you're not against multiple enemies, don't even bother. Support the guys who are supposed to do straight damage instead.
Unless you're an evocation wizard in which case, yes, you should have magic missile.

>>56810887
>Le theorycrafters don't actually play the game meme
>>
>>56811032
B-b-b-but Wizards can't deal damage! That's muh Martial's niche you're talking about!
>>
Hexblade Warlock just looks like an Eldritch Knight but worse.
>>
>>56810818
>The bladepact has now been made relevant in the hexblade, even if you find it subjectively worse in comparison. That was always in question, whether something is subjectively worse because people are biased or don't play with actual people. This is an issue in these threads: comparisons in a vacuum with no irl play and limited understanding of simple rules, and only autistic screeching over numbers.
You havent been reading the conversation at all, have you?

EB is objectively better. Both in play and on paper. You'd know this if you have actually played a Warlock. Hexblade doesn't fix blade pact. It adds the one option that is mandatory if you want a somewhat effective blade lock.

Now, in some parties, you can definitely get away with a subpar blade lock. And if you aren't playing with autistic powergamers, you will likely have plenty of fun, regardless of whether another option is better or not. But someone having fun is, by definition, subjective, and some people will never find a handicapped option, where you are deliberately halving your potential damage, to be fun. That is just their subjective opinion.

But EB being better than Blade Pact weapons is not subjective. That is irrefutable fact, and it is actually one of the few cases where it is even better in play than it is on paper.

>This is the definition of being autistically retarded and it's very sad 5eg has devolved to such a state.
What, into a stats where you continue to scream Autist and retard without actually reading the posts?
>>
>>56810351
>One of the best classes since the game
>Falling off later on
Ha
>>
>>56811300
What is EB?
>>
File: 1510936174193.gif (622 KB, 375x211)
622 KB
622 KB GIF
>>56810839
>Has to lash out at someone not part of the conversation.
And this is when you know the train has fully derailed, and the wreck is going to be grand.

I am grabbing myself some popcorn, keep going anon.
>>
>>56811317
>>Falling off later on
What is the best way to play him?
>>
>>56811319
I sincerely hope you are not the guy who keeps screamig retard and Autist.

Because then you sir, have trolled me good.
>>
>>56810914
>I'll keep saying he does not play, maybe if I say it enough, I'll convince myself I am right!
>>
>>56811300
I have played a fiend bladepact and it was really good, have you actually played before?
>>
File: CloakOfTheMantaRay.jpg (185 KB, 1000x1000)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
If the party defeats a branch of a water cult they'll discover a small cache of items intended for "influential recruits". Two of these items carry curses that the water cult can help treat.

Cloak of the Manta Ray
Normally: Gives swim speed of 60ft and lets you breath underwater.
Curse: Must submerge yourself underwater once a day or suffer a level of exhaustion.

Ring of Swimming
Normally: Gives swim speed of 40ft.
Curse: Land speed of 20ft.

Should the curses stay on the player if they take the item off or just stay on the item?

Feedback would be much appreciated.
>>
>>56811357
>I sincerely hope you are not the guy who keeps screamig retard and Autist.
And im a newfag and dont know all the abreviations
>>
>>56811278
It's way different. More spells, more options and downright a different approach to the playstyle.
>>
>>56811374
Did you even read any of the posts up there? Like, just half of them?

Or, in fact, that post you quoted? Where it explicitly say, and I'll quote:
>Now, in some parties, you can definitely get away with a subpar blade lock. And if you aren't playing with autistic powergamers, you will likely have plenty of fun, regardless of whether another option is better or not.
Now, if you have even a tiny amount of reading comprehension, you'd know that you just agreed with me, only to then immediately say I don't play the game.

So are you actually saying you don't play the game? Are you just projecting here?
>>
>>56811400
Ah fair enough. I was getting a bit worried there.

Eldritch Blast, the bread and butter unique cantrip for Warlocks. So good that it practically rivals a fighters damage progression, but with insanely good range, and utility added on top.
>>
>>56811396
I like the Cloak. You could say the person grows vestigial gills that he needs to keep damp and moisturized, and being a cursed item, it can only be removed with remove curse.

The ring of swimming is a bit too much. Perhaps make so that the person can't use the dash action on land. That way you don't bog down travel speeds and makes it less of a chore to calculate movement and such.
>>
>>56811414
Isn't a hexblade a subclass of warlock tho? What you mean that EB is better than hexblade?
>>
>>56811414
Better utility now with the invocations, even. And hell, it even stacks up super well with hexblade too, since you can add the Curse + Hex to your damage pool.

Still, I always find that while the Eldritch Blast is amazing at pretty much anything, I still go with the Sadomasolock with Armor of Agathys. It is so, so much fun.
>>
>>56811344
Really depends on the Oath my man, Devotion and Ancients like to stick to allies due to their auras giving them a boost, along with stuff like the Ancients halving magic damage just because you exist in the area, but they're still a paladin so they can put out decent damage and that only goes up later due to more spell slots if you don't just dump them willy nilly you can make some fights a joke. OoV is a "I want that guy dead now" free advantage on an enemy with VoE, able to caste haste on themselves on top of smites. Also their capstone for each subclass is actually pretty solid, devotion is a little lack luster when compared to the others iirc. The biggest issue is resource management, your spells, in my opinion, should be used more for buffing in combat or smites and only as a last resort getting around a problem out of combat. Also a free healing pool that increases as your level goes up that requires no spells to use is handy.

Unfortunately I haven't encountered many of the UA or newer paladin oaths so I can't advise there. However paladins are a solid pick throughout a campaign,
>>
>>56811404
Did you read my post at all or are you content to be an autistic retard?
If you have the tiniest bit of reading comprehension, you'll grasp that I'm not agreeing with you, certainly not agreeing that EB is objectively better and the bladepact is not a subpar warlock. You are certainly entitled to your own shit subjective opinions, but you gotta work on the not autistically screeching bit.
Get some reading comprehension and actually understand the post before going severe retard.
>>
>>56811439
The builds, my friend. The builds. Eldritch Blast downright wins at damage output against bladelock Hexblade. Although Hexblade Eldritch Blasters do deal more damage than all other (published) warlock subclasses...

So there is that.
>>
>>56811300
The only irrefutable fact is that you're a screeching autist going full retard.
>>
File: 2ai4sqg.jpg (168 KB, 409x640)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>56811482
Hey, brother. Chill.
>>
Would a paladin with a shield and longsword + dueal fighting style be good damage wise? I wanna play pally but dont wanna play the kinda support role i more imagine it like a knight or some shit. Anyway thanks for the replies
>>
>>56811300
>autistic powergamer
Stop playing with yourself. How many times do we have to say this.
>>
>>56811396
>Should the curses stay on the player if they take the item off or just stay on the item?

DMG pg 138-139:
>Some magic items bear curses that bedevil their users, sometimes long after a user has stopped using an item. A magic item's description specifies whether the item is cursed. Most methods of identifying items, including the identify spell, fail to reveal such a curse, although lore might hint at it. A curse should be a surprise to the item's user when the curse's effects are revealed. Attunement to a cursed item can't be ended voluntarily unless the curse is broken first, such as with the remove curse spell.
>>
>>56811490
sounds cool can you explain a bit how this shit works? or give a link or something
>>
>>56811490
Have fun with the monsters being in your face.

>>56811501
Stop being an autistic retard.
>>
>>56811437
I like the idea of gills, that actually give them something to pinpoint to a curse.

How about the ring's curse imposes disadvantage on land based Dexterity saves and checks? Their feet become more like flippers and makes it awkward.
>>
>>56811439
No, better than blade pact.

Warlocks Warnock has two "major" choices. 1 is their patron. Hexblade is a patron, similar to Fey and Fiend. This is your primary choice from level 1.

At level 3, you get a pact boon. This is either a tome, a super familiar, or "Blade". They have specific invocations that can only be taken if you have the appropriate boon.

Blade pact itself is a way to simulate a fighter, sort of. A bit like an offensive Bladesinger, in that you get more damage and extra attack, but no defense at all. In the end, you still only get extra attack and +Cha mod to damage. This is fairly lacklustre, though without min/maxers present, it can be good enough.

Hexblade, however, adds proficiencies related to being better in melee, and lets you use charisma as your attacking stat. This alone makes it extremely good with blade pact, to the point where you are kinda an idiot for taking anything else.

The problem then comes up, that Hexblade is actually better at using Eldritch Blast than a weapon. This is only a problem if you are a bit autistic about taking the most optimal choice, but it generally rubs people the wrong way, to say the least.

Still, one should never write off a Hexblade Bladepact Warlock if you want a Gish like character. It is very good for that.
>>
>>56811549
>Have fun with the monsters being in your face.
I always do, brother. Sadomasolock, Armor of Agathys + Hellish Rebuke.

>Stop being an autistic retard.
Now that is just mean.
>>
File: 1505769884136.jpg (152 KB, 800x800)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>56811523
You'll do fine, grab Shield Master for bonus action shove then smite them as they lay on the ground.
>>
>>56811278
Retard autismo spazz, actually play the game pls.
>>
>>56811567
>disadvantage on land based Dexterity saves and checks
I could see that. Perhaps only on checks, since saves could be criminally fatal. The secret to cursed items is to make the player use them EVEN with the curse. So you have to give them just the smaller setbacks compared to the boost it gives.

Otherwise they will remove curse those bitches asap and that is just no fun.
>>
>>56811581
I played like that with my melee focused fiend bladelock. It was very effective and fun.

I just want people to stop being autistic retards.
>>
>>56811471
>Still, I always find that while the Eldritch Blast is amazing at pretty much anything, I still go with the Sadomasolock with Armor of Agathys. It is so, so much fun.
Agreed. EB is fun as well if you just make sure to fluff a bit, and play around with it. It is basically the equivalent of a fighter, so while you CAN say "I EB" every turn, you could also fluff it a bit, take ALL THE INVOCATIONS and just have fun with throwing chained eldritch spears and dragging them closer, and playing effectively a spear thrower with tricks he can do with them.

I have enjoyed both styles quite a lot. It depends on the character concept I have in mind, generally.
>>
>>56811596
You ain't helping anyone, much less yourself.
>>
>>56811621
Maybe you should actually play and then you'll realize you're the autistic developmentlly challenged person.
>>
>>56811621
It sure is!

I know, it just doesn't help to scream it at them. Best you can do is take a chill and move on.
>>
>>56811482
>certainly not agreeing that EB is objectively better
Then you are actually retarded. Learn to math. What kind of backwater country do you come from where you cant do simple math like this?

You are also pretty dumb for thinking this is different in play. I have had a 1-20 campaign with a level 20 GOO Blade Warlock, and I still had to resort to EB every now and then, because, as you'll find in most campaigns, you wont always have the option of going up and hitting things with a sword.

>You are certainly entitled to your own shit subjective opinions
So my opinion that bladelock is fun is shit? Can you make up your mind?
>>
>>56810351
Basically a fighter in terms of damage (if not slightly behind on damage) but they have extra magical utility n' shit to help the entire team. +Cha to saves for everyone and immunity to charms etc is big.
They don't get a lot of boons outside of combat but they're brilliant for combat at all levels, leave out of combat to the party wizard/bard/druid/etc.
>>
>>56811673
>Making up games.

If you actually played, you autiaitc retar, you would know that blade is better than blast in all conceivable situations. Try playing somwtome
>>
>>56811531
>Having the below average intelligence required to know that EB is objectively better automatically makes you an autistic powergamer
Wew buddy. I also find it hilarious that you'd think a guy making a Bladelock can be an autistic ppwergamer. That is an oxymoron if there ever was one.
>>
>>56811540
Well, it is simple, really. I don't have the specifics on me, but it goes something like this:
You use your eldritch blast (1d10 damage) and all the stacking bonuses you can put into it. So, Agonixing Blast (Cha bonus to damage), Hex (+1d6 damage), and Hexblade Curse (+ proficiency bonus to damage) and at level 5 you will be doing wooping 2d10+6+(chamodx2)+2d6 on a two attack hit. And a bladelock would be doing not as much free damage and at melee range, although Eldritch Smite kinda levels out the playing field for them lately.

If you want, google eldritch blast versus bladelock and you will get a nice rundown of the discussion everywhere.
>>
File: large.jpg (59 KB, 800x450)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>56811549
>Have fun with the monsters being in your face.
>Actually happening when you have repelling blast
>>
>>56811638
Your autistic screeching and drivel doesn't even make sense in this context. Never go full retard.
>>
>>56811718
Sure it does.

You don't play the game. This is obvious.
You're autistic. This is obvious.
You're retarded. This is obvious.

The fact of the matter is that if you think bladelock is deficient in any way, you are all three
>>
>>56811621
You must realize by now, that you are all talking about how fun Bladelock are, right?

I am sitting here with my popcorn and enjoying the show, and I cannot find even 1 guy saying Bladelock aren't fun to play. You are all agreeing, there is just you screaming "STOP BEING AUTISTIC RETARDS" on repeat.

I am actually impressed at how often this happens here. /5eg/ is capable of spending hours telling and screaming at each other, while simultanously agreeing.

I dont even know if that is sad or impressive. But what I do know is, that it is FUN!
>>
>>56811687
Ok, first off, grammar, please. Sheesh.

Secondly, that is downright wrong. Blade Lock can be better than blastlock in a lot of situations, yes, but not "all conceivable situations".

EB is obviously better at sniping far away foes, for exemple.
>>
File: 1510506573965.gif (1.14 MB, 480x358)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>56811687
>If you actually played, you autiaitc retar, you would know that blade is better than blast in all conceivable situations. Try playing somwtome
You are getting so mad that half your post is spelling errors now. Take a break, my friend.
>>
>>56811616
Righto. I might just leave it to disadvantage on land based dex checks then.

Thanks for the input.

I learned my murderhobo party has a tendency to just wear items they found as trophies without even bothering to identify. A curse or two might instill some caution.
>>
>>56811753
Tell me about it. And by FUN! I bet you mean the Dwarf Fortress definition of fun. This is like watching someone throw a brick into a working washing machine.
>>
>>56811766
No, eb is better at sniping. Autistic retard.
>>
File: 1510247160626.jpg (40 KB, 960x737)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>56811687
This is pretty obvious bait guys. Just stop responding.
>>
Is the Humble RPG Bundle worth a purchase? As a DM it looks like an automatic buy. My players are asking if they should get it as well, and I'm not actually sure if they should.

And yes I know the Kobold stuff is in the trove.
>>
>>56811782
Try not to rain on their parade too much. People tend to react stronger to negative reinforcement as they do to positive reinforcement. So try to balance out always 3 to 1, or something like that.

3 rewards, 3 conquests, 3 victories to every 1 defeat, 1 retreat, 1 foiling curse. Etc.

I realized pretty soon players don't mind if you give them the world on a silver platter, as long as you make them think they deserved it.
>>
>>56811784
>And by FUN! I bet you mean the Dwarf Fortress definition of fun.
Indeed. Like a well built massive fortress, that suddenly just collapses due to 3 seperate events that fucks over the fortress all at once.

Not exactly the same though. More like watching a video of someone playing it, I guess. I haven't been part of the conversation.
>>
>>56811785
>EB is better at sniping
>No, EB is better at sniping, retard
??
>>
>>56811673
Learn to actually play and not be hyper specialized where you'll get your face pushed in in melee.
You are actually severely autistic and retarded especially since you insist in pushing maths comparisons for a roleplaying game. This isn't autismfinder you so insist on playing.
No fucking shit you would resort to EB now and again, no one is saying bladelock is the be and end all in all situations. Where the fuck are you getting that from, you're fucking dumb in assuming that's the case.

Your opinion is that bladelock is suboptimal, it's not. Learn to actually comprehend the words you're reading instead of autistically screeching.

>>56811710
Only 10 feet each time on each blast, autist.

>>56811750
This doesn't even make sense, you fucking autistic retard.

>>56811687
Learn to fucking spell, you fucking Porte piece of shit autistic retard.
>>
File: 1446455571346.gif (3.91 MB, 270x263)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB GIF
>>56811785
>>
>>56811840
By the second eb I meant every bladelock, you ar.
>>
>>56811753

Even better.

>this has been going on for almost 4 hours now

>>56809767
>>56809900
>>56809916
>>56810088
>>
>>56811842
Don't you think you are being somewhat overly aggressive there, matey? Perhaps dial it back a notch or two.
>>
>>56811887
Humility in the face of one's own mistakes is not really your fortè, is it?
>>
>>56811896
You should actually play instead of posting all day you obese, racist, white guilt, autistic retard.
>>
>>56811896
Don't be a pansy ass bitch.
>>
>>56811842
>Learn to actually play and not be hyper specialized where you'll get your face pushed in in melee.
Which I clearly wasn't. And it is about getting smashed in melee, it is about things flying out of sword reach, or something sniping me from out of my movement range.

>No fucking shit you would resort to EB now and again, no one is saying bladelock is the be and end all in all situations. Where the fuck are you getting that from, you're fucking dumb in assuming that's the case.
No where, but I don't think you can have played the game of you actually think this is true.

You have far too limites invocation slots. No matter how you may think when looking through the book, you'll be wishing you had far more invocations than you actually have, and Blade pact is only worth taking if you grab Thirsting Blade and Life drinker, and that is two invocations down already.

I dont know about you, but generally i prefer my invocations in non-combat options, and having to dedicate at least 2 to do it effectively, is a huge limit to what I can make my character do. EB only needs one, and then it is good enough, without having to worry about being in range, or even putting yourself in danger by staying behind your frontline.

My Bladelocks have all been in parties without a dedicated frontline specifically because EB would have to deal with people going into melee with them anyway, and then I might as well go for a melee build, especially because the flavour and style of a Bladelock is amazing fun.
>>
>>56811930
What the actual fuck are you dribbling about, you fucking autistic retard.
>>
>>56811930
Damn son, that is just plain hurtful. And downright untrue in every single account.

>>56811947
Well excuse me princess, for having behavioral standards to which I look up to.
But props for using pansy on a sentence, made me chuckle.
>>
>>56811930
I am beginning to think this guy doesn't actually know English, but has a few variations of sentences revolved around "You should actually play" "Retard" and "autist".

It it is an AI trying to simulate /tg/ behaviour.
>>
>>56812002
Simulate my dick, I guarantee you'll enjoy that game, you autistic developmentally delayed adult.
>>
>>56811523
Quarterstaff with PAM if you want to keep up on damage. With shillelagh or hexblade bullshit somehow.
Alternatively, as other guy said, shield master, though shield master isn't really damaging but instead stalls enemies / allows you to kite even as a meleefag / supports allies who attack within 5ft.
>>
>>56812002
More like a master baiter who knows how to get people to reply.
>>
>>56811956
>My Bladelocks have all been in parties without a dedicated frontline specifically because EB would have to deal with people going into melee with them anyway, and then I might as well go for a melee build, especially because the flavour and style of a Bladelock is amazing fun.
This is exactly the situation that calls for EB.

EB helps disengage allies and keep enemies away with repelling blast while maintaining a firing line that keeps enemies away. Bladelocks are hardly tough at all and a single bladelock trying to attack in melee is only just going to get you killed when nobody needed to be hurt.
>>
>>56811956
Then you're only agreeing with me on the first point.

Yes, the invocation limitation is an issue, which is why you plan your builds and why you should reinvest in different invocations when necessary. This is where the theorycrafting should lie, not in the autistic numbercrunching of damage output. That's fucking severely autistic.
And this from game experience with actual people.

The problem with EB is the melee downside but the bladelock can and should use EB to shore up any weaknesses in the range.

>>56811930
This fucking autistic piece of shit isn't me. Guess he really rustled your jimmies though.
>>
>>56812054
A bait has to have a reel, otherwise it is just a feeding pond, brother. Baiting with no other purpose than to get a response is like fishing without a hook.

At that point you have to admit you just enjoy the company of fish.
>>
>>56811831
Cheers for that. Good to get other insights.

They'll be getting some other non-cursed items and weapons.
I just wanted to throw in two cursed ones to show them sometimes it's not smart to instantly wear everything the crazy people make and sometimes those items are intended to be gifts to control others like bureaucrats.
>>
>>56812103
That is a very smart lesson. One that Baldur's Gate teaches on the very first challenging encounter in the game.

Next time you want to make them chuckle and screech, just drop a belt of genderswap mixed in with other magic items and I guarantee you it will be an adventure all of its own.
>>
>>56812081
He isn't agreeing with you. Now I know why you don't play. You can't read. Autistic? Yas. Retard? Yas.
>>
>>56811795
Anybody
>>
>>56808377
Just play Yuan-Ti you memeloving fuck
>>
>>56812072
>Bladelocks are hardly tough at all and a single bladelock trying to attack in melee is only just going to get you killed when nobody needed to be hurt.
We had other melee guys, but they were worse at staying alive than I was.

When I say dedicated frontline I refer to fighter, Paladin or Barbarian. Among Rogues, Valor Bards, Monks and Clerics, I was far from the only one in close combat.

I would never make a d8 melee character in a party with no other melee characters. That's asking to get your character killed.
>>
>>56812145
What the actual fuck are you blathering about, you blithering autistic retard. Stop dribbling and inform your retard wrangler you're loose and off your meds.

>>56812176
No. Kobold Press is shit.
>>
>>56812176
I got it, and like it. Supporting charity is nice. But I'm also an autistic retard who doesn't play according to someone, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
>>
>>56812084
To me baiting has been more about thread derailment and (you)s. Both criteria have been filled, especially with people still trying to reason with him this late in the game.
>>
>>56810401
I've been playing a Bard called that and it's been working about as well as I'd expect.
>>
>>56812195
Yes, this autistic retard is correct. Bladelock warlocks should never be frontline meleers, that'd be fucking retarded.
>>
>>56812214
See >>56812081
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>56812214
To be fair, my bad. I tend to be reasonable in this situations.
>>
>>56812221
Confirmed for not playing the game right or at all. Bladelocks belong on the front lines. Autismo Retardus.
>>
>>56812251
It's all cool m8, I've just been picking out the actual questions itt and chuckling at this back and forth so it's no skin off my nose.
>>
>>56812195
>Other melee guys that aren't 'frontliners'
>When the only 'dedicated melee guys' should be barbarians, paladins and cavalier fighters
What the fuck is wrong with them? Do they like having fun or something? They deserve death.

Monks are fine in close combat, but should move out of melee when they aren't dodging. Clerics who are using sacred guardians should be dodging. Valor bards should only really be in melee for grappling. Rogues should only be in melee for booming blade shticks, and then immediately move away.

But yeah, one of EB's biggest boons is synergy with distance fighting and that's not a big deal at all when the rest of your party are already trying to kill themselves in melee, since in that case you might as well be in melee even if you're using a hand crossbow since either you get attacked or your friend gets attacked.
>>
>>56812303
Not exactly. You can play a sub optimal skirmisher lock with javelins, spears or handaxes as your pact weapon.
>>
>>56812081
>which is why you plan your builds and why you should reinvest in different invocations when necessary.
That is not how it works.

Play the game, you'll quickly realize that. The evocation are too dependant on party composition, choices made by other characters as they build their characters, magic items, and GM direction of taking the campaign.

I cant imagine a group where you know exactly what will happen later on in the campaign. You can only change invocations on level up, that is not flexible enough to just change it up to suit your needs.

>Theorycrafting
Buddy, I have seen the theorycraft here, but I dont need to crunch numbers to tell that EB is objectively better than what you can do with blade.

Thay said, XGE adding a ranged option to Bladelock makes me very happy, because it means I can even forego EB entirely and not feel like a complete dumbass.
>>
>>56812339
I do play the game and that's exactly because of party composition, other character's choices and the like. It's the strategy that actually works, not the autistically crunching of numbers. It's entirely predicated on the party because 5e is the party game and not the solo spotlight game. Maybe you should try actually playing the game.

And yes, I am talking about changing the invocations on level up. How is this even in question?

I'm not talking about 5eg autistic theorycrafting and you shouldn't either. I'm talking about the slight theorycrafting that isn't useless and has actual usefulness in irl games.
>>
New thread:

>>56812682
>>56812682
>>56812682
>>
>>56812406
>And yes, I am talking about changing the invocations on level up. How is this even in question?
It wasn't a question. I was stating that that isnt flexible enough.
>>
>>56810323
what? you can use a polearm with CHA as long as it is your pact weapon, so the only limitation is you don't get it until level 3
>>
>>56812841
But it's workable and usable.
>>
>>56807448
>Class playing next
I honestly haven't the slightest clue, the campaign I'm in currently is closing soon, and I'm thinking if I can't continue on with them, I might make up a full caster like Wizard or Cleric since I've never actually played either of them before.
It will be a very trying learning experience.
Personality is also up in the air until I have something concrete.
>>
>>56811582
>You'll do fine, grab Shield Master for bonus action shove then smite them as they lay on the ground.
What is the best oath to go with that?
>>
>>56810966
shield master
>>
>>56811795
don't fucking pay for homebrew, if you want something not officially supported in your game just make it up yourself, it'll be more tailor-made for your specific situation, more fun and rewarding for you, and it's free
>>
>>56810174
Aren't you supposed to be arguing how pact of the blade (the boon) is NOT gimped?
>>56810286
The invocations are basically acceptable. The build has benefits on the whole. I think the complaints really started because the boon itself is so bad. It's subtle at first, because the description covers a lot of abilities, but when it's all done you have proficiency in one weapon with some of the benefits of a cantrip you know. It has a lot of special text, but awards something very plain.
>>
>>56810422
>What a bladelock with extra attack does have
Bladelocks don't get extra attack. They get thirsting blade, which means they cannot do anything other than attack with their pact weapon if they want to attack twice. No grappling, shoving, or other items. I do agree with making the blade build different, but I'd do that by letting them focus on str or dex instead of cha. Make life drinker 1d8 necrotic and the player could decide on their preferred balance of weapon and spell offense, as a start.
>>
What is better roll two d20 with -1 or roll 1 d20 with +1
>>
>>56812176
I've had a pretty good experience with it so far. It doesn't have the high level of production that 1st party stuff does, but some of the content is still pretty good.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.