[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Dark Lord DERPatine.jpg (438 KB, 1162x1500)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else Star Wars Related.

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk
Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin
All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>https://pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Have your characters ever crossed paths with younger versions of known characters from canon/EU?
>>
>>57231630
>Having four vastly different types of armor and equipment just makes it look ridiculous.

Eh, I always took that pic as a showcase rather than something you'd actually see in the field. I love Rebel stealth armor.
>>
>>57237091
>Have your characters ever crossed paths with younger versions of known characters from canon/EU?
No, my characters are relative nobodies.
>>
A few threads ago some said they're knew Bail's ability for Armada. What was it?
>>
File: RSBloodHonor-FC.jpg (370 KB, 1065x1600)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
Best pilot in the galaxy here to say hi.
>>
Profundity!

>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/

I'm absolutely in love with both versions of this ship. I'm now planning to buy two.

And a couple more MC30s.
>>
File: Blade_Wing_fires.jpg (509 KB, 1920x1080)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
So someone, what was stopping them from firing Missiles and or Proton Torpedo at the Mandator IV exactly, instead of doing that costly bombing run, which as far as I know took more casualties than the one that took down the Executor.

Heck, what was stopping the New Republic from perfecting this version of the B-Wing over that Star Fortress if the writers aren't going to pull EU innovations like the K-Wing and what not?

I think this version of the B-Wing would have did a much better job than any of those Bombers.
>>
>>57237340
So you got your Armored Cruiser, with every upgrade slot in existence, feels like. Monster of a ship. Feels like a Rebel ISD.

And you've got your Ordnance Cruiser, ready to wheel and deal black dice all over the place. And it has TWO ordnance slots, so there's not only finally a use for Fire Control Team, but you can also stich together all sorts of ridiculous builds with Rapid Reload, External Racks, etc.

This might already have taken the title of my favorite rebel ship.
>>
File: 4630156-7144802183-44613.jpg (1.03 MB, 1000x1465)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
About to replay Jedi Academy for the first time in a few years.

I've only been able to do the dark side ending once and only once, because it was too depressing to see Kyle be so disappointed in losing both of his apprentices to the dark side.
>>
>>57237389
And, of course, it comes with a beast of a Task Force title. Dial + token + an MC30/MC75 nearby for 8 Engineering points!
>>
>>57237479
And then you've got a Weapons Team upgrade that is Ordnance Experts for any color of dice you want, including all those red Ackbar dice the Armored Cruiser can throw.
>>
File: swm30_card_jyn-erso.png (137 KB, 200x309)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>57237515
Meanwhile, a Hammerhead with Jyn Erso can disable a Quasar from resolving squadron commands, or an ISD from navigating or engineering. And maybe get you a victory token to boot.
>>
>>57237538
And last (and least), you've got this weird situational card that's kinda neat if you get it off.
>>
File: RebelShip_Bridge_CleanB.jpg (156 KB, 1300x554)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>57237091

I'm planning a starfighter-centered campaign, and I'm trying to gauge the size/composition of the Rebel task force the PCs will be operating with. The campaign's set in the Greater Tion region a few months after Yavin.
>>
This question was asked in the previous thread but I'll re ask it here and give my take on it.

What uniforms should the rebels/New Republic/Resistance have?

I would argue that it should be a combination of British/French WW1 uniforms, and the stuff we already see. Give the rebels some brown, tan or khaki great coats and trousers, have the enlisted wear a WW2 tin pot style helmet and the officers could have Red Khepri. With a gold rebellion/resistance insignia(lets be real, camo is not a factor here). Hell, maybe they even keep the sperm style helmets, as those actually look like they could deflect a blaster shot maybe.

One thing I liked about Rogue one was when all the different Rebel groups were present, they actually seemed as if they were from different world's and cultures, and thats exactly what the rebellion should be. We see that in the movies too, where you have the troopers on the Tantive IV, the troopers on Hoth, and the commandos on Endor, all looking very different in terms of uniform and equipment. The closest we have to a unifying uniform is the orange flight suit that the pilots wear.

Actually. It looks like in the Award Ceremony at the end of a New Hope there's a variety of uniforms on display, including the vest and shirt, the flight suits, but also some people in tan and green overalls and soft covers. Mechanics or officers maybe?
>>
>>57237784
Make it one blockade runner, a gutted Lucrehulk loaded with mothballed R-41s, one understrength X-wing squadron, and one mixed Y-wing squadron led by a single B-wing. They're currently training new pilots to fly the R-41s, but none of them are combat ready and the fleet admiral would rather avoid using them anyway due to the R-41's poor performance.

Add in a PC squadron or have them fill out the X-wings. Or have them be the green pilots after things go Bad.
>>
File: Shipfag.jpg (57 KB, 1024x246)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
So I'm looking at Shipfag's changes to starships. I understand increasing HT/SS, it makes all ships less likely to get gibbed, especially larger ships.

What I do not understand is the starfighter changes. To what are we adding Piloting+.5*Handling setbacks and why?
>>
>>57237870
>To what are we adding Piloting+.5*Handling setbacks and why?

I think that's basically treated like a defense rating; setback dice to enemy gunnery rolls.
>>
who's ready for this trash thats about to be unleashed
>>
>>57237549
>you've got this weird situational card that's kinda neat if you get it off.

That card is purpose-built to wreck Gallant Haven fleets.
>>
File: sad skelly.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>tfw have a small but very solid group of affecionate players
>tfw have a very strong desire to play star wars saga
>tfw nobody in your group likes or even knows Star Wars enough to even care about trying it out
>>
Claim you're droidfu!
>>
>>57238052
If we are lucky it'll get Kathy Kennedy fired.

If it bombs it should be a sign to Don Mickey that this current status quo of continuing the Empire vs Rebellion isn't tenable that SW needs to change and go in a new direction (instead of say more CW or Jedi v Sith).
>>
File: 8t88.png (835 KB, 950x1130)
835 KB
835 KB PNG
>>57238266
I've had a love for 8t88 ever since playing DFII: Jedi Knight as a child. Snarky droids are best droids
>>
Two questions: What is more in Luke's character: to reestablish the Jedi order, or did what they did in TLJ?

Second, where should the First Temple be, in a thematic standpoint? Way out in the outer rims or in the core?
>>
>>57238482

1. Re-establish the Jedi order after a period of further reflection on the force

2. Mid-rim backwater
>>
>>57238241
>even knows Star Wars enough
How is this physically possible in this day and age? Star Wars has become such a normie thing that I figured everyone everywhere knew a good bit about it at this point.
>>
>>57238516
You'd be surprised
>>
>>57238570
you'd be dead
>>
File: rebelone.png (80 KB, 400x275)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>57237822

I'm a big fan of Sepratist surplus, but Lucrehulks aren't my favorite. Maybe a Providence instead?
>>
File: maxresdefault-1481315060.jpg (149 KB, 1896x1066)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>57238583
you'd be in jail
>>
>>57238516
Almost everyone has heard about star wars, roughly. But very few people actually know it. And as time passes, fewer and fewer people see the OT
>>
>>57237326
That’s... not Dash Rendar.
>>
>>57238583
>>
>>57238516
There’s “OOH THEY DID THE MILLENIUM FALCON FIGHTING TIE FIGHTERS THING, I CLAPPED BECAUSE I RECOGNIZED THE STAR WARS” and then there’s “Wait, how are they engaging the hyperdrive within a planet’s atmosphere? What happened to hyperspace mass shadows?”

Continuity is extra messy now, which isn’t helped by Rule of Cool solidifying its reign over the films.
>>
>>57238614
yeah, i actually think in 10-20 years no one will have watched the OT, but they might have watched the ST
>>
>>57238482
1) to recreate the njo, the crap in tlj made no fucking sense.

2) core/tython where the republic started
>>
>>57237349
>So someone, what was stopping them from firing Missiles and or Proton Torpedo at the Mandator IV exactly, instead of doing that costly bombing run, which as far as I know took more casualties than the one that took down the Executor.
They didn't have any Ys on hand to do bombing runs with. All they had laying around were some shitbox bombers that seem designed for planetary work.
>>
File: sad_batman.jpg (13 KB, 400x290)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>57238614

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XECJyWaqz4
>>
>>57238589
Aren't the Providence and Recusant made be Quarrens?
What's the deal with the two mon cal species? They are one of the few than make Capital ships outside human for what I can see.
>>
>>57238629
Dash Rendar is only good in his own drunken, rambling recollections in cantina dives, which is how I rationalize the difference between the SotE comics and N64 games.
>>
>>57238507
>>57238680

Alright. Now, should Luke have gone AWOL to:

1) Find the First Jedi Temple to study a way to defeat the dark side/whatever

2) Find the First Sith Temple to study the ancient evils to find a way to defeat them

Basically, I'm just trying to find a reason to have Luke be missing, so that the retreatment I'm doing for my own satisfaction is similar enough to what we actually got that it doesn't just read as incomprehensible fanboy wank.
>>
>>57238668
Not a chance. The original along with ESB is a classic and is part of movie history. The sequel trilogy is equivalent to Fall of a Nation what ANH/ESB is to Birth of a Nation. The ST is a poor made followup that'll be forgotten and probably lost to subsequent generations.
>>
File: Rogue_One_EW_08.jpg (151 KB, 1680x1050)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>57238266
>>
>>57238266
HK-47, obviously
>>
>>57238731
He was ashamed not because he almost killed Ben but he was ashamed that he couldn't prevent Ben from falling making him doubt his ability to teach so he goes to find the first Jedi temple to learn from the old masters about how the OJO failed during Yoda's time
>>
>>57238731
My personal idea(after TFA) was that he went far away from the FO to train a new generation of jedi that would be different from the Old Jedi Order. And potential candidates like Rey would end up there and undergo training. Like how in the writing of ESB, Dagobah was a jedi training ground instead of Yoda's place of exile..
>>
>>57237091
Probably asking for trouble with this question but:
Is there any site that has a collection/archive of all the official WotC Web Enhancements from the d20 editions PRE Saga? Every search I look for brings up either SAGA Edition or homebrew stuff.
>>
File: Krath_Deneba.jpg (380 KB, 1023x642)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>57238266
>>
>>57238731
The Sith are dead, any new threat is a different (or homegrown) doctrine of Dark Sider rearing its head in the absence of Sith bullies.
At least that’s what Pablo’s been saying about the Sith, god knows most of the audience can’t distinguish between the Sith and their source of power.

I’d say Luke was looking for ancient philosophies of the Force to get a better perspective on the development of Force-based codes and schools in the absence of pre-existing doctrines (i.e. before the Jedi and Sith became the two big names in the galaxy) so as to better guide the Force into a state of balance (because there will always be a Dark Side and those who choose to draw on it, and if left to amass power will inevitably lead to imbalance in the long run).
>>
>>57237515
An AF with these boys, Ackbar and some ECMs is going to be a nice efficent bully that lets you hit above your weight class and tank above your weight class. Very excited for these guys.

>>57237479
Garm or Leia MC30 Mon cal spam? Both are going to get you really good engineering spam.
>>57237538
Raid is going to need more of an explanation. Do you spend a token or dial to remove the raid marker?
>>57237549
Good way to deal with a flotilla hanging off a big ship, gallant haven style fleets, or even just punishing a clustering enemy. Probably not replacing APTs on Demo, but still really good.
>>
>>57238482

1. He would reestablish the Jedi order. No if's or buts about it. TLJ was pure character assassination.

2. No idea. He probably would want to avoid the trap the old jedi order got into, where they got too involved with the republic's politics.

>>57238731

If you ask me the whole premise is trash, but if I was forced to fix it up I would make it that Luke was actually pursuing Snoke, fell into a trap and got stranded. The first order made sure to erase any information to his whereabouts so no one could rescue him.
>>
>>57237426
>too depressing to see Kyle be so disappointed in losing both of his apprentices to the dark side
Almost like having a guy who had struggled dealing with the dark side train TWO apprentices at the same time was a bad idea.
Yoda trained Dooku...Dark Side.
Obi-wan trained Anakin...Dark side.
It's as if it's important when training people who are going to wield great power via space magic to be very hands-on and attentive to them and not sending them off for fucking errands.
>>
>>57238810
>>57238821
So how about this: First movie, Luke is gone for the majority of it, only to be found somewhere in the Mid Rim on a planet called Tython. And then, in the second movie, after Main Character finds him, he explains why he was gone for twenty years and what he was trying to accomplish(namely, trying to create the perfect Force-User Code/Philosophy), then Luke and Main Character go to Korriban to find the Sith Doctrines to study them. This could also be a could point to test our Main Character(the evil forces there are overwhelming, digging up their demons).

>>57238870
Exactly. He's out there to try and find/develop a way to make sure the Light vs Dark bullshittery never happens again. Could also be a good commentary on the black and white morality that the Force poses(thus making fans talk philosophically about, thus generating more interest, yada yada mo' money)

>>57238886
>He would reestablish the Jedi order. No if's or buts about it. TLJ was pure character assassination.

Couldn't agree more. I understand what they were going for, and I could sort of see it, but I just recently watched the OT again and I can't say that young, brave man turned into a cowardly recluse.

>If you ask me the whole premise is trash, but if I was forced to fix it up I would make it that Luke was actually pursuing Snoke, fell into a trap and got stranded. The first order made sure to erase any information to his whereabouts so no one could rescue him.

Another interesting idea.
>>
>>57238977
>Couldn't agree more. I understand what they were going for, and I could sort of see it, but I just recently watched the OT again and I can't say that young, brave man turned into a cowardly recluse.

He wasn't cowardly, he was beating himself up. He didn't run to escape his problems, he ran because he lost confidence in his own ability to not fuck everything up. (Note: the theme of TLJ is people fucking everything up.)
>>
>>57239015
Does that include the writer?
>>
>>57239015
>Note: the theme of TLJ is people fucking everything up.

Including the director. HI-YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>57239015
>the theme of TLJ is people fucking everything up.
Then why didn’t Rey fuck up anything?
>>
>>57239061
Rey's not a person. She's this pink thing that kinda appears at plot relevant points and jump-starts the story when they can't think of a way for a fleshed out character to drive things forward.
>>
>>57239061
She fucked up turning Ben, and left her training early. She also frequently on the island let her emotions get the best of her, from trying to probe the dark hole to pulling a lightsaber on Luke. She also didn't actually do anything about Snok, and if he had survived would have given up Acht-to to the first order.
>>
>>57239100
>from trying to probe the dark hole

Go on.
>>
>>57239111
All I'm saying is, she felt a darkness and went 'oh hey I should go in that'. What happens when she does? Weird vision that ultimately gave her nothing and left her feeling sore, disappointed and wet.
>>
>>57239144
Sounds like luke druged her and then fucked her silly. Lewd.
>>
>>57239144
She's nothing if not impulsive
>>
>>57239172
But does she ever face any major consequences for her flaws/choices that say Luke or any of the PT/OT characters do?
>>
>>57239218
Thus for nothing aside from massive disappointment
>>
File: 1455670634496.jpg (367 KB, 1268x1422)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>57239144
>left her feeling sore, disappointed and wet.
>>
>>57239218
losing a limb would be too similar to what happened before

I would be down with horrible disfiguring scars, but I don't think disney would want to do that with their squeaky clean star wars protagonist.
>>
>>57238685

This New Republic disappoints me.
>>
>>57239248
Kylo Ren has some facial scarring already anyway.
>>
>>57239248
She hasn't grown a bit. Anakin or Luke suffered like motherfuckers for every inch of power they got, Rey simply waltz trough the Force using powers like she was trained be masters since a child.
>>
>>57239306
you can never have too many facial scars
>>
>we're back into sequel arguing again
>because somebody thought Traditional Games was the right board to ask for input on his fan movie script
>>
File: ShepScars.jpg (116 KB, 636x700)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>57239337
I guess.
>>
Why don't the walkers in SW get some hands?
>>
>>57239372
Because that's du >>>/m/ b and you're dumb.
>>
File: sw_armada__nebulon_b.jpg (314 KB, 1500x750)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
Alright, boys, that's enough Sequelposting for one thread.

On another note, anyone have any good adventure hooks for squadron/fleet-focused campaigns?
>>
>>57239349
/tg/ is one of the most creative boards on the site, and /tv/ is a shithole that will tell me to make Fynn chimp out, and Luke go on a spic murdering rampage and to make a loli take it up the ass. Also, /lit/ would scoff because >movies being an artform.

And besides, I've got my ideas already, I'll just be leaving.

>>57239406
The fleet has to make an emergency landing on a primitive world.
>>
>>57239406
You first need a campaign structure.
A really basic one is the “hunting” one, akin to classic naval warfare; your fleet or battlegroup or squadron has a very specific target, and the entire campaign is spent cat and mousing then all over a sector or subsector or whatever, hitting their resources and supplies while looking for traces of them, landing on planets to gather information and look for weaknesses, all the while trying to ferret out those Rebels/dodge the Imps until you’re in a position to strike.

The finale of course being finally locking down their rebel base and fleet or finally trapping and ambushing that Star Destroyer with enough supply problems and exploited weaknesses that you can finally engage them in a straight-up fight.
>>
>>57239406
What system?
Also the Imperials have got a link about a Quarren mobile shipyards than is doing CW era capital ships to sell to local navies than scoff the rebellion and the Empire, with the intention of destroying it.
The Rebellion stumbles about it acidentally, and want to capture it, after the Mon Cal embassy failed to sway the Quarrens.
With all that atention, the Quarrens are making the preparations to get the hell out of there, contracting Mercs to delay the Rep and Imp forces.
>>
>>57239406
There is a lost Sep fleet out in the rim causing trouble. Are you a bad enough ISD squadron commander to juggle supplies, repairs, combat and crew moral?
>>
>>57239406
>>57239441
>fleet forced to land on Weik
I'd play it.

>fleet forced to go though mining guild space
>intel on a SSD about to be enter trials at Kuat so you have to take it out before it's operational
>Squadron forced to go through Mining Guild space
>some dumbskull accidentally wakes up an old CIS factory and now there are vulture droids everywhere
>>
>>57239406
I've allways been interested in running the sw equivilant of a submarine wolfpack. You would have to get an interdictor, a mothership to repair and run everything off, a squad of talented scouts that know the ins and outs of the local hyperspace and try to find sneaky attack and espcape routs, an espionage cell trying to snoop out the supply lines that would hurt the empire most and a fighter squadron capable of hunting down even moderately escorted ships your interdictor pulls out of hyperspace.

The Operation would try and target the weak spots in the supply lines of the empires military industrial complex, striking especially at vulnerable connections to the outer rim and unknown regions that ship precious minerals and volatile gases. That would also be the perfect distraction to cover other rebel activities.
The roles in this kind of fleet can of course be occupied by one of the same ship/person, depending on the scale of it all. Also, this would draw a fuck ton of attention of course, so the players should expect the most capable imperials hunting them after a time, and at some point they will have tracked them and try and tear them a new asshole. You would also need to interact with other rebel cells a lot to refuel and restock, which could compromise everything if one of the two parties gets compromised, or could really help out the rebellion by supplying whatever you can steal from your raids.

Alternatively, for more "squad of aces" style of play, you could have your players be distraction and cover for another big operation, striking the empires communication abilities by destroying small outposts and holonet towers to inhibit the enemies ability to coordinate.
>>
>>57239406
Time paradox, rakatan ships pour out to cause a problem.

Also has anyone made use of the system's that allow the creation of custom races? And if so what did you or the other group members make?
>>
>>57237389
>>57237479
>Rebs get what is possibly the best large chassis in the game
>Empire gets ISD recolours

Because the Rebels were hurting so badly for a brawler. Meanwhile the only things that have ever shaken up the Imperial playstyle remain the nerfs to Rhymer and Demolisher. Is it too much to ask that for something that isn't just another bloated space triangle with a single useful arc?
>>
>>57239674
What kind of ship would you like to see for the Imps?
>>
File: brawl.png (726 KB, 599x516)
726 KB
726 KB PNG
>>57239674
They're pretty comparable.

>another bloated space triangle
Hey, FFG doesn't make the movies.
>>
>>57239321
From what I understand, Rey and Kylo have so much power because of the awakening of the "Cosmic Force" which has been sleeping for a while.
>>
>>57239720
It's basically The One but with Jedi, yeah.
>>
>>57239720
Then why is Kylo such a little bitch (even Snoke laughed at him) than needed Rey to kill the last pretorian guard, even when in Theory he has been trained be both Luke and Snoke, apart of killing with his edgy gang the rest of Jedai in training?
Kylo actually grows thanks to his misteps, Rey is barely a character because she doesn't even have to try.
>>
>>57239674
>Meanwhile the only things that have ever shaken up the Imperial playstyle

You do realize one of the biggest Imperial archetypes was added in the last wave, right?
>>
>>57239286
That appears to be the theme
>>
>>57239644
>a submarine wolfpack
>not a raider battlecruiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gBo3iLLIts
>>
>>57239697
Small mid range combatant with a blue/red armament and a conventional nav chart (fuck you Arquitens). Neb B2/Dreadnaught/Carrack would fit the bill.

Or else go full retard and give us a bigger point sink than an ISD. Interdictor SD for that blend of expensive and useless I guess?
>>
File: Eaw_at-aa.jpg (66 KB, 729x549)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
So if the Empire has walkers as their primary combat machines, what did the New Republic-Rebel Alliance use for warmachines in the EU?

I heard they had a lot of old Republic warmachines in their ranks, in addition to things like Snow Speeders, but anything else?
>>
File: Swx22-moff-jerjerrod.png (104 KB, 196x300)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>57239904
>Small mid range combatant with a blue/red armament and a conventional nav chart (fuck you Arquitens).

Keep in mind Chimaera brings you Thrawn (Arqs can ConFire *and* Navigate) as well as Intensify Firepower (fleetwide dice fixing).
>>
>>57239787
If you're talking about BT/Avenger that's just an efficiency upgrade for the ISDs people were already taking.
And if you're talking about fighter heavy lists, the Quasar is just taking over from the VSD-I as cheap carrier.

Sloan's a thing I suppose, but she's had a pretty soft impact on the game from what I've seen. She's buffing defender/interceptor/ace balls to be sure, but those were all extant before her - she didn't suddenly enable them.
>>
>>57240000
They didn't really, the Rebels mostly chose speed over slow, heavy armor. They couldn't really afford using anything like walkers often because they usually performed hit-and-run attacks. Holding the line and laying siege were not the specialties of the Rebels.

So usually they just stuck with aircraft, fighters, and landspeeders. Maybe fast hover tanks.
>>
>>57240035
>Sloan's a thing I suppose, but she's had a pretty soft impact on the game from what I've seen.
Sloane was 1/3 of all Imperial fleets at regionals so far.

>She's buffing defender/interceptor/ace balls to be sure, but those were all extant before her - she didn't suddenly enable them.
130 points of Interceptors wasn't really a list until Sloane. And to the extent that it was, it struggled against big ship lists with minimal squadrons to farm from points - Sloane (as well as BTVenger) excel against large ships.

I share your mourning over Rhymer, though. He needed to be nerfed, but his loss (and Sloane's rise) have left the TIE Bomber shelved, which is a shame.

Hopefully they get some love in the unspoiled Chimaera cards (Goran looks like he might give Heavy squadrons Counter 1, maybe?)
>>
>>57238886
>redeemed his dad's failure by swimming in lava
WHICH BOOK. I must know.
>>
>>57239406
When the droid armies were shut down at the and of the Clone Wars, a huge CIS fleet was in hyperspace at the time. They dropped out of hyperspace in the empty interstellar void and have been drifting, inert but completely intact and combat ready, ever since. They recently drifted briefly into detection range of a deep space probe, and this huge anomaly has attracted the attention of both sides. A race to find and claim the pristine warfleet waiting somewhere in deep space ensues.
>>
>>57240070
I wish there was some way to mix Tie Bombers and YV-Satans without it just being a hot mess. Hell I wish the YV-Satan on it's own wasn't a hot mess. At least I still have Bossk.

Hopefully you're right about Goran - it'd be enough to make me try something stupid like Flight Controller Tie Bombers with Valen on point.
>>
>>57240385
>Hell I wish the YV-Satan on it's own wasn't a hot mess. At least I still have Bossk.
The YV's big drawback is that there's no Imperial fleet in which they make sense.

I would take 4 of them in an MC80 token-farming fleet, for example. But the Empire doesn't have a comparably slow / defensive archetype outside of, like, Interdictor stuff maybe.

That being said I do think they're underrated. TIE/d dice with Rogue and an extra hull is really good, and while speed 2 and no bomber is pretty bad, there's Squall and FCT these days - and yeah, that means you're pushing Rogues, but only one that one vital turn after which they can care for themselves, and they're one of the most cost-efficient sources of hull so they don't care about going last.

>it'd be enough to make me try something stupid like Flight Controller Tie Bombers with Valen on point.
Flight controllers doesn't stack with counter, if that was your plan.
>>
>>57239286
The New Republic fleet was in orbit around the planets that got destroyed in Episode VII.

Except for Admiral Ackbar's ship, the rebel forces in the new movie are equipped with nothing cheap milsurp from the Galactic Civil War that Leia bought to support her private militia.
>>
File: neofalcon01.jpg (163 KB, 1024x768)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
I'm running an edge of empire game, and my smuggler is interested in using a yt friehger but doesn't want to use the 1300.

they made a suggestion instead of coming up with a custom one based on unused cocnept art from when they were coming up with designs for the Falcon.

Any tips on how this would be statted? My player suggested higher speed at the cost of maneuverability
>>
>>57237538
>a CR90 B zooms up the table towards you
>Raddus reaches up its thrusters, and pulls out an entire MC75
>the MC75 reaches up *its* thrusters, and pulls out an entire Hammerhead
>Jyn pops out of the Hammerhead and disables your carrier for the rest of the game

I want to get off Raddus' wild ride
>>
>>57240643
Here's an example of the other concept art falcon which was originally used for the pitch in A New Hope before being phased out
>>
>>57240633

I know.

Which seems like a blunder to me.
>>
>>57240643
Honestly, it looks a bit like a YT-2000.
>>
tlj = caca
>>
>>57240777
Actually it reminds me more of the yt-1000. same kind of symmetrical saucer and no gaps
>>
On the topic of Sheev, how vital is Palpatine crew card for x wing? I'm interested in imperials but I can't find a raider for sale (even though I'd rather not pay $80 for the thing) and there's no crew card for sale on eBay.
>>
I got a question, are the sith species still canon? And what ever happened to the? Did they die off?
>>
>>57240882
Is it wierd that I feel like TOR would have actually worked better as a game set in the legacy era?
>>
>>57240882
They aren't canon at this time, no. They sort of died off off-screen, with the ones in TOR being basically the last known ones.
>>
>>57240854
>>57240777
>>57240643
okay, here's a rough idea using the SWRGP data base as a guide line

Silhouette 4, speed 4, handling -2, Defense (F/P/S/A)1 - - 1, armor 3, hitpoints 20, ss threshold 12,
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 2 past lightspeed, Backup: Class 15 past lightspeed
Navicomputer: Yes
Sensor Range: Short
Crew: One pilot, one co-pilot, one gunner
Encumbrance Capacity: 150
Passenger Capacity: 6
Consumables: Two month
Cost/Rarity: 120,000 credits/5
Customization Hard Points: 5
Weapon emplacements: 1
>>
>>57240935
That's a bit lame.

>>57240882
Honestly I could see it, the one sith and the fel empire and the republic all trying to survive in the world post Krayt
>>
>>57240854
Could see that too.
>>
>>57239761
speaking of which where did the edgy gang of kylo's go?
>>
>>57241060
RJ didn't use them like so many other things from TFA.

And Abrams wants to do an entire movie about them so likely we'll see them back in Episode 9 as side-bosses or foreshadowing a larger role in a spinoff movie.
>>
>>57240993
It's more accurate to say the sorcerers of tund and whatever remnant massassi abominations were the last of the sith race. Tund got btfo though and the massassi are just monsters.
>>
>>57241086
Knights of Ren as quirky miniboss squad when?
>>
File: E4eZC3g.png (190 KB, 413x293)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>57240735
Looks terrible.
>>57240643
Why not just use a yt 2000?
>>
>>57241099
Game is set 8 years after the clone wars. Yt 2000 isn't released for another 10 years. plus it's supposed to be a hand me down ship, passed on by the smugglers mom
>>
>>57241096
One of them better be an evil qt3.14, if only to bring us a reprieve from the Reylo shippers.

But really, Star War is seriously lacking in female villains.
>>
>>57240881
Pretty good still. The nerf only further cemented the types of ship he flies with though.

I'll mail you a copy of the Krayt Cup 3 one. Email postingontg@gmail.com

What type of list were you thinking of running with Palp?
>>
>>57241121
Okay then yeah, YT-1000 for sure.
>>
File: tri-final(3).png (1.87 MB, 1260x1937)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>57237091
Sup /tg/- I need your help. I'm making another batch of joke X-wing alt-art cards (I made Trioculus, agency burgular, cheaty palp, Carl Horton, etc) and i'm in search of ideas and art.

One of my ideas so far is to make an alternate version of Intensity that has the following sides-

Front side is *Intensity intensifies*- with the original art with a shaking effect.

Exhausted side is "Why didn't you intensify it?", with the image macro that shows up in these threads every now and again.

However, I can't find the original art for Intensity to edit.

Also- is the following card in bad taste?
Lowhrick pilot, but the ship name reads "Auzitist Gunship" and the art is a wookiee with a "please be patient I have autism" hat.

Also, any artist suggestions for a Wampa alt-art where the pilot is a literal wampa in a cockpit?
>>
>>57238933
Or at least jam implants up their arsehole so you can poke your head in like solid snake's control room and say "It's evil to decapitate the milkman!"
>>
File: Jedi.jpg (101 KB, 548x800)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>57238886
Greatest image ever.

Also, does anyone happen to have art of any star-warsy looking apartments or homes? Hell, even some sort of jedi cell.
>>
>>57241173
Not that anon but what's the Krayt Cup 3?
>>
File: Padmebedroom.png (1.93 MB, 1919x816)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>57241349

You've got Padme's apartment from AotC and RotS, but it might be a bit fancy depending on what you need. The Coruscant-centered episodes of Clone Wars (Lightsaber Lost, Pursuit of Peace, etc.) also have a lot of apartments you could use.
>>
>>57240881
>>57241173
Ok X-wing talk! I just started and got most wanted slave 1 a quad jumper and a Starviper. Then the blue and red starters and my girlfriend got a tie striker and the upsilon shuttle to complement the starter ties. I’m planning on getting the guns for hire soon for another starviper because I like the way it flys. What are fun scum lists that aren’t jump masters or shadow casters? And what should my gf get next ship wise?
>>
heres a armada list i have made using feedback from the other thread

MC80, independence, Sato
Neb B, Yavaris,
CR90a

Luke, Dutch, Wedge, 2 Y-wings, 2 B-wings

i am going for major bomber action commanded from the mon cal, while the CR90 and Neb B provide some long range fire support
>>
File: Rebel Trooper.png (542 KB, 533x947)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>57237801
I always thought the rebels had a little bit of colour to differentiate them from the stark black and white of the Imperials.
Oranges, blues, greens, they're all very colourful - though not always as overstated as the bright orange pilot suits.
>>
>>57237426
The light side ending almost could grant him a measure of peace , almost.
>>
>>57240283
>>57238886
WHICH BOOK!!!!
>>
>>57241630
Best of luck, anon. Report back with how it goes!
>>
>>57241631
There should be some guys that go full US in Nam' with no sleeves and a vest, and "Master Blaster" wrote on their helmets
>>
I've got a store tourney that I'm going to next weekend and I'm trying to decide between four different scum squads. Out of these four, which one would you recommend?

>1
Asajj Ventress — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft 37
Push the Limit 3
Latts Razzi 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Shadow Caster 3
Ship Total: 49

Syndicate Thug — Y-Wing 18
Twin Laser Turret 6
Unhinged Astromech 1
Ship Total: 25

Twin Laser Turret 6
Unhinged Astromech 1

>2
Torani Kulda — M12-L Kimogila Fighter 27
Veteran Instincts 1
Harpoon Missiles 4
Unhinged Astromech 1
Guidance Chips 0
Ship Total: 33

Fenn Rau — Protectorate Starfighter 28
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
Concord Dawn Protector 1
Ship Total: 34

Thweek — StarViper 28
Fire-Control System 2
Autothrusters 2
StarViper Mk. II -3
Virago 1
Ship Total: 30

>3
Viktor Hel — Kihraxz Fighter 25
Veteran Instincts 1
Harpoon Missiles 4
Scavenger Crane 2
Stealth Device 3
Munitions Failsafe 1
Guidance Chips 0
Vaksai 0
Ship Total: 31

Thweek — StarViper 28
Fire-Control System 2
Autothrusters 2
Virago 1

Torani Kulda — M12-L Kimogila Fighter 27
Veteran Instincts 1
Harpoon Missiles 4
Unhinged Astromech 1
Guidance Chips 0

>4
Asajj Ventress — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft 37
Lone Wolf 2
Latts Razzi 2
Glitterstim 2
Glitterstim 2
Countermeasures 3
Ship Total: 48

Twin Laser Turret 6
Unhinged Astromech 1

Twin Laser Turret 6
Unhinged Astromech 1
>>
>>57237091
The fuck is Snoke's deal?
>>
What are your favorite lists featuring the tie defender? It's my favorite tie in x-wing and I want to run at least one and still be mildly competitive, just starting out.
>>
>>57241725
dont forget the U-wing kitted out with side mounted twin autoblasters and twin concussion missiles to suppress the enemy before unloading troops
>>
>>57241750
An aborted NuPalpatine.
>>
>>57241570
Check out this website: http://meta-wing.com/ships?

It takes data from tournaments and it shows which ships are popular along with the squads and builds for each ship. I'd say let your gf pick a ship or two that she likes and then find a squad with those ships and get everything else you need
>>
>>57241750
>>
>>57241774

... What if he actually was a clone that got the plug pulled on his tank and was strong enough with the dark side to survive?

That might actually be the best explanation we've got.
>>
>>57241757
Follow what >>57241779 said. Here's the page for defenders, take what seems fun to you
>>
>>57241485
I'll eyeball those episodes. Thanks. Just need setting pieces.
>>
File: RaOPkG4.jpg (32 KB, 271x302)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>57241784
Snoke was trans all along? Truly, Star Wars is incredibly diverse. Sadface.
>>
>>57241725
>>57241772
You know, now I'm just thinking about a SW version of Apocalypse Now where a group of (exceptionally buff and sleeveless) Rebels are hunting down an Imperial lord or something through the hell and highwater of some planet the power mad bastard has taken over.
>>
>>57241839
Imperials might work better, actually. Fighting a guerrilla force, trying to justify that all the killing they're doing and have done is okay, their fancy equipment breaking down at the same rate their owners are, all to hunt down a rogue Imperial Governor who's gone native.
>>
>>57241772
U-Wing? Nah, we're going LAATi
>>
>group wants to play a Star Wars campaign
>DM this one since we just finished the campaign I've DM'd for four years
>Old Republic

So....are there resources that cover Old Republic-era weapons, armor, vehicles, droids, etc.? Or am I going to be forced to go data mine KOTOR1/2 for ideas?
>>
File: palp crew.jpg (417 KB, 484x744)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>57241415
This card. The best bit is that since the Errata, this card text is just as accurate as the text on the other cards.

It's one of the many prizes that you can get at Krayt Cup 3- It's a tournament in Carolina hosted by the Krayts in 3 weeks.
>>
>>57241757
All defenders, or just some defenders?

3 Glaives with Crack Shot and /x7 is workable, swap one to Vessery and/or one to Ryad if you want.

Ryad with Push the Limit, /x7, and Mk2 engines is 36 and packs a serious punch. Vessery is always good. Rexler with Expertise and /x7 is pretty damn mean, and Juke Maarek is good as well.

I could make you some lists now if you wanted- What ships do you want to run? What ships do you have?
>>
File: Profundity_SWA.png (1.06 MB, 1024x820)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>57237340

So how common are MC75s supposed to be? The Rogue One Visual Dictionary makes it sound like the Profundity was a one-of-a-kind city hall/evacuation ship.
>>
File: Hi,-I'm-Snoke.jpg (306 KB, 1440x816)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>57241750
He's one of the aristocrats that Palpatine briefly met with in his throne room in RotJ.
>>
>>57241976

Semi-related question: how many fighters can an MC75 carry? Armada gives it a squadron value of 3 (on par with a VSD), and it's able to carry an entire Corvette in its hangar, but we've never gotten a solid number.
>>
>>57241570
Really, choose whatever looks good for Empire, it's at least not garbage. If you have no idea what looks good, get Imperial Veterans.

For Scum, Literally, whatever the fuck you want. It's such a versatile faction, any jank is at least workable.

>>57241735
I've flown the first list, but with Contraband Cybernetics thrown on to Asajj. It's very good and good in almost any scenario.

Is your goal to win the event, or just to place pretty-well? If it's to win, I'd avoid Thweek- He's not good enough to be top tier, as he occasionally fucks himself over and dies pointlessly in games unless you are very good.

No idea on actually flying the invinci-asajj in number 4, but it might be pretty damn good- My concern is the Lone Wolf being hard to pull offf with 3 ships, and no title on the Lancer.
>>
File: The Emperor!.png (724 KB, 712x401)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>57241926

Found a new favorite image.
>>
>>57241884
>Want to make Rebels cool
>"Works better with the Empire"
Does this cycle ever end?
>>
>>57241779
She needed the upsilon because it had Kylo as a pilot and it was bigger than the slave 1 initially so I guess we’ll build around that. Thanks for the resource m8!
>>
>>57242004
I read somewhere he was Adonis-like until he got fucked up. He looks neither here.
>>
>>57242024
How’s Thweek fuck up and kill himself?
>>
>>57242033

The Vietnam War American aesthetic works better with the Rebels (grungy, more recognizably human, etc.) but America's actual role in the war is more in line with the Empire. Hell, Lucas himself has said that Star Wars was in part a Vietnam allegory (small insurgent group defeats massive, technologically-superior military force).

It's a shame that there aren't many Vietnam movies that focus on the VC/NVA.
>>
File: palpatine art.jpg (213 KB, 742x571)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>57242032
here's the actual art.
>>
>>57242076
Lucas must have been pretty uninformed to believe that.
>>
>>57242024
It'd be nice to win but realistically that probably won't happen since I'm pretty new to the game so I'd settle for at least winning half of my games.

I definitely get your concern with Tweek, the only reason he's there instead of Guri is that Thweek is just cheaper. I like how the starviper looks and I've always wanted to fly it but I'm open to suggestions to different lists with a starviper
>>
File: 2352345.jpg (62 KB, 806x539)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>57242063
That was from the TFA concept art where he was going to have a sort of Two-Face look going on.

It's a shame they went with the version on the right instead.
>>
>>57241926
Sorry if I'm being that guy but would that version be allowed at an official event?
>>
>>57242141
I can see why, to be honest.
>lol snoke is a prometheus when ya giving birth to a bug you space jockey fuck
>>
Amazon is selling the mist hunter expansion for $12.20. I know the ship isn't very good but is the expansion worth it at that price for the upgrades and crew it comes with?
>>
>>57242074
Thweek has this problem where in order to be reliable, he almost always takes PS, instead of ability.

And when he does so, he realizes that his action economy is really fucking limited. He can't use the funky barrel roll to get out of killboxes easily, and he can't get the green tokens needed to survive a killbox.

Soontir fel would still be good at a lower PS- He's got the action efficency to not die to pretty much anything due to his 3 actions a turn.
Thweek just sometimes fucking dies because he gets stuck in an arc and he can't do anything about it. Hell, without enough actions, some hard-hitting turrets can still hit him out of arc.

This is why although thweek is super fun, and isn't bad, he's not a ship that will support you- he needs to be propped up by your skill.
>>
>>57242113
And yet, they still lost. :^)
>>
>>57242172
Its worth 12.20. Hell, I'll trade some cards for 2 Adaptability and 1 Electronic baffle if you aren't sure about getting it.

>>57242146
Technically, no. There might be a sperg at your LGS that actually gives a shit about it. Per the actual high-level judges at major events though, you would have to have a pretty big stick up your asshole to actually care though.

>>57242123
If you want to fly thweek, fly thweek. He's fun, although he sometimes eats shit really quickly.

The first list (with Contraband Cybernetics possibly) has a very high floor though, and if you are actually bad at the game. will ensure you at least win half of your games unless you are actually mentally disabled.

Of the two thweek lists, list number 2 (The first thweek list) is the better one. I'd throw a cybernetics on Torani though.
>>
So I finally saw TLJ and it made me realize that my issue with Rey in TFA wasn't with Rey at all. It's that Disney's turned the force into into obnoxiously blatant plot magic that serves as a blank check for writers.

At least instructed force users are doing more interesting shit with it I guess.
>>
>>57242113
its a pretty common belief, both back then and now, that the americans lost the vietnam war to the viet cong

while the tech disparity isnt as wide as most people think, the NVA were fairly well equipped with soviet and chinese stuff that fell off the back of a truck, its still a real life david and goliath story that ended with "vietnamese victory" on the wiki page
>>
>>57242278
The force has always been that. My issue with Rey is that she hasn't ever had to struggle and instantly gained everyone's friendship.
>>
>>57242298
I cannot remember a single instance in the Lucas movies where the force even approached the same league of obnoxious plot magic as a total novice teaching herself mind tricks and preserving a life in the vacuum of space (With the generous assumption that Luke taught Leia at some point.)
>>
>>57242246
Thanks for you advice man, I've really wanted to try out the kimogila so I'm leaning towards taking list 2 but if I end up changing my mind I'll go with the first one.

Also gonna grab a mist hunter expansion, thanks again.
>>
>>57242298
Who's everyone? Finn and Chewie are the only friends she has. The rest of the resistance just needs all the help they can get.
>>
>>57237091
Hey, off topic question but what's swg's recommended way to run a star wars pnp over the internet?
>>
>>57242320
>and preserving a life in the vacuum of space (With the generous assumption that Luke taught Leia at some point.)
A person is capable of maintaining consciousness for about fifteen seconds in a vacuum. Judging by Leia's apparent velocity as the camera was focused on her, I'm inclined to believe that the footage was implied to be slowed quite a bit down. Her force-pulling herself into the ship was one of the few bits I have no problem with.
>>
>>57242320
Now your Jedi or Sith can stop laser bolts midair with their minds! And astral project hundreds of light years away! Get used to the new meta, scrubs!
>>
>>57242329
I'll admit it's been two years since I've seen TFA.
>>
>>57242362
That's understandable.
>>
>>57242182
>>57242246
Good advise anons thanks!
>>
>>57242353
>Now your Jedi or Sith can stop laser bolts midair with their minds
assuming blaster bolts are plasma like most people think it is, then there no reason you couldnt catch it if you were fast enough
>And astral project hundreds of light years away
its the most impressive force feat to date, and it was luke who could do that
i have no problem with luke being the top dog force user
>>
>>57242141
I hope someone comes out with a 'how it should have been' version of TLJ and TFA. They managed to make the prequels seem really solid, I'm sure they can even turn those dumpster fires into real movies.
>>
>>57242328
The thing that actually will help you win is practice and knowing what to do.

The best piece of advice I ever got was "If two people have the same strategy in X-wing going into a game (be it rock placement, deployment, engagement, etc) one of them is making a horrible mistake.

This applies doubly for setting up to joust. The second list does NOT want to joust.

Practice flanking and baiting with those ships, as practice makes better.
>>
>>57242396
>I hope someone comes out with a 'how it should have been' version of TLJ
They can't, Rey joining Ben and Finn sacrificing himself would change too much.
>>
>>57242385
He's not really the top dog force user. He's turned into, I don't know, an Eldar Avatar or Batou from GitS - something people wreck to show how good they are.
>>
>>57242385
>its the most impressive force feat to date, and it was luke who could do that
>i have no problem with luke being the top dog force user
I have no problem with it because it literally killed him.
>>
>>57242413
If they could CGI recreate Tarkin from grainy 40 year old film, some autist can remake the second half of TFA in the mid-2020s.
>>
>>57242336
I dunno, depends on what kind of GM you have/are. I am entirely improvisational, don't use maps and only do rough sketches when my players ask for them, so over discord with a dice bot would be enough, but honestly I hate doing online because you allways cut each other off with the ping even when everyone is low ping and not seening each other face to face kind of makes roleplaying and improvising harder, so we used Table Top Simulator for the one time we played online. I like it a lot better than roll20
>>
>>57241976
>>57242016

Bumping these.
>>
>>57242448
Sorry, I should have mentioned I was thinking of these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y

And the mythical cuts of the movies that apparently fix all the problems and cut the runtime down to like 25 minutes.
>>
>>57242353
Vader was already shown to be able to stop blaster bolts from hurting him with the force in Episode V. Kylo is just doing a flashier version of that, it's the same end result of "My force powers mean your blaster means nothing to me."
As for force projection... what's the issue people have with that (as an actual power rather than it's use in the plot)? If it's because "the force doesn't work that way", then there wasn't any indication our old pal Sheevy P could shoot lightning out of his hands before he just upped and did that.
>>
>>57242362
>>57242372
I don't hate the movie like other people do, but it has got basically 0 rewatchability. I haven't made it farther than 20 minutes before being bored and offput by Jar Jar Abrahms direction. TLJ holds up a lot better in that regard, I've seen it twice in the theater and it was at least not jawn inducingly boring the second time.
>>
X-Wing isn't Canon is it?

I'm wondering how they'll treat things like the K-Wing in regards to the new Canon.
>>
>>57242471
Vader was catching them on his glove. Which for the movies is a creepy magic murder suit, and for EU is a magically treated gauntlet stuffed full of artefacts and narrative fiat.
>>
>>57242457
well, supposedly even the MC80s are unique as well
but maybe its my imagination, but i think i saw duplicate winged MC80s at endor, so maybe they have a template they build them to, even if its just the innards
so you might have more than one MC75, but only a single profundity
that being said, no MC75s appeared in endor, so they were all destroyed, we can pretend they were there we just didnt see them, or they were busy somewhere else

the wook doesnt give fighter complements, so we will have to eyeball it
a squadron of 3 puts it in the same neighborhood as an MC80, which the wook says carries 10 squadrons of 10 fighters, for 100 fighters

so an MC75 would carry just slightly less than that for maybe 70-80 fighters
>>
>>57242449
Yeah, I also prefer real life but that's not geographically possible atm. Thanks for the solid advice though imma give roll20 a try and just use it like a whiteboard.
>>
>>57240284

Katana Fleet, but better because Seppies?
>>
>>57242474
X-wing was i think, but it existed before the buyout. It's not canon anymore unless otherwise specified.

You get strange shit like the Raider- It was initially invented purely for X-wing, made canon by Lucas, uncanonized along with all of the other EU by Disney, and then re-canonized by Disney as part of BF2.

Honestly, the K-wing would have made a lot more sense than the new resistance bomber though.
>>
>>57242511
Pretty sure the idea was that the MC-lines were unique to each ship but there were general patterns that they fit into overall.

Whereas the MC80 HO's and Lib's were just two iterations of the same generation of production. The MC90's that would come out represented the next generation of production.

At least that's how it worked in legends and I don't see a better explanation but I might just take a look into the making of RO stuff to find out.
>>
>>57242468
I hate all these "let me fix the prequels/sequels for you" bit, they are allways utter horseshit. And that even with god damn hindsight and a shit ton of analysis by different kinds of people done already for you! God damn it no matter how good you think you are at taking apart movies (which you most probably aren't, most critics are just really good at making their points seem important, so who the fuck are YOU to be better than them?), it doesn't actually make you very good at writing them.

I am always thinking about how I should write/make a video about how you could do it better, showing the kind of writing process you could employ for that, but then I snap out of it again and realize what a massive waste of my time it is when people are still going to spout this kind of garbage.

All of it sucks for the reason most fan ficiton sucks, but it never seems to be the few good fan ficition writers who do this kind of stuff.
>>
>>57242550
>the K-wing would have made a lot more sense than the new resistance bomber though.
K-wing is more of a mitchell to the B/SFs flying fortress

there hasnt really been a dedicated heavy bomber, since even the B and K wings are more like torpedo bombers or medium bombers in action
though the B//Sf has the same crew size of 3 as the K-wing, its much bigger in size and has a payload would be hilariously huge in armada to say nothing of X-wing
>>
>>57242612
Cool. You should go to hollywood, then, and show these people how to do literally everything. Since so far literally anything would be better than what we have.
>>
>>57242628
I am a writer, but not for movies. I wrote theater plays and worked as an editor at a publishing company, but now I am a writer in the video game industry. I hate hollywood with a passion, but I would rather have fun than waste my time "showing" them tbqh
>>
>>57242678
Have you wrote for anything notable?
>>
>>57242678
>I am a writer in the video game industry
>inb4 worked on mass effect andromeda
>>
File: E-9.jpg (19 KB, 510x175)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Hello guys I am getting ready to GM a game of EotE and I have a few questions. The party is comprised of >Human female Smuggler: face and I am guessing will end up the owner of the ship and the defacto leader
>Human male Sentinel: Survivor of 66 and was never knighted
>Commando Droid: Heavily modified combat beast
>Devaronian female BH: Martial artist/assassin and old friend of the smuggler

My question is why would these 4 be traveling together and how would I create jobs for them? The smuggler would want to smuggle while the Bounty hunter would want to bag targets. I wish there was a shadowrunner like profession in Star Wars. Also since the party doesn't know anything about Star Wars ships they asked me to pick for them. YT? 1300 is boring so I thought between maybe the YT2000 or the E9 explorer. What would you suggest?
>>
>>57237091
I have one question.

Would you a qt Yuuzhan Vong?
>>
>>57242754
Well how close to the clone wars are you?

Also, you could have an action prologue if your pc's know each other in a patchwork fashion and then you could weave them together through co-operation.
>>
So.... Snoke is a fucked up Palpatine clone, right?
>>
>>57242764
>Grade-A masochists
Abso-fuckin-lutely
>>
>>57242754
Smuggler who owns the ship had the droid as part of a pirate raid that he managed to repel by venting the ship and throwing.. emps? Droid shut down, was re-awakened minus.. restraining bolt or whatever, said it'd sign on for the joy of money.

Smuggler's home port is the BH's home, that's how they met, a thematically appropriate bounty appeared at the smuggler's next destination.

The sentinel slipped out ahead of the inquisition inside a crate of space drugs/spice and will burst out of the smugglers hold as the world's highest man halfway through the first session.
>>
>>57240000
A mix of donated tanks from sympathetic companies (TB series and AAC series), Clone Wars surplus and salvage, captured Imperial hardware, and contributions fromregional defense groups
>>
>>57242754
you should make sure to ask your players. giving them a reason to come together as a group is fine but it works better if they manage to find a way to work it out for themselves, especially if they can integrate it into their backstory and obligations
>>
>>57241976
>>57242016
Going off of usual canon, keeping in mind that no two mon calamari ships are the same, I'd personally guess that the MC-75 was an early production run that they did on their escape craft and cruise liners before they eventually decided on following Ackbar's MC-80 design (whether its Ackbar's or just the capital ship he's known to be aboard is of course up for debate.)
As such, the MC-75 would be rare, but more common before ANH than after. I'd wager the concussion missile launchers were eventually decided to be unnecessary and the additional hull plating we see could be better used as space for more powerful shield generators, as represented in the MC-80s higher shield count on the sides.
As to its fighter compliment, I'd imagine that's dependent more on the ship itself than the model line. Keeping in mind rebels are funny with how many squadrons they bring into the fight, I'd estimate 3 squadrons can be maintained on the MC-75's hangar bays if they aren't docking a CR-90 or other small ship.
Of course, most of this is guess work, but I'd like to imagine once we get some less defining MC-75s in canon we'll get a better judgement on the subject.
>>
>>57242721
kek. i'm european though

>>57242716
Nothing I can say that wouldn't pretty much dox me and I have no interest in that. I'm not that old or experienced though and don't have the hubris to claim I could do something amazing, it's just that I can not believe how much this shit always blows because I have literally read better fan fiction. You could write better crap with nothing but a decent high school writing class.
>>
>>57242754
There kind of is a Shadowrunner like profession in Star Wars: It's called "Mercenary". Strictly speaking mercenary refers exclusively to paid soldiers, but more generally it just means "does morally dubious things for money". It's a big galaxy, and people always need to get shit done under the nose of the Empire.

Hell, if you just want to run it AS a game of Shadowrun you totally can. Your party has a contact who hires them out to various anonymous individuals (e.g. wealthy senators backing the Alliance, Hutts, possibly in-fighting on the down low between Imperial higher-ups) who need to have things acquired or destroyed - sometimes objects, sometimes people, and sometimes to be delivered to specific locations. There, you're now playing a bunch of modular encounters with the option of some kind of master plot open for you to tie a bunch of separate missions together.
>>
>>57242768
>>57242793
>>57242818
>>57242900
These are good suggestions. The game is set between ESB and RotJ. I'll ask the players but I do know that the smuggler and BH were childhood friends. I also think that the Sentinel was supposed to be hired muscle for the smuggler. I'll ask the droid player how he wants to integrate himself into the party. Do you guys have any ship suggestions? I think the e9 might be too OP for a beginner ship now I read more about it.
>>
>>57243037
EotE ship suggestions?

How about a YT 1000?
>>
>>57243037
the EOTE core book recommends starting the group out with either the Firespray patrol craft (Fett's ship), wayfarer (huge cargo space), or the yt1300. if you don't like the yt1300 you could go for the 2000, it's pretty much the same without great laterations
>>
>>57243077
Technically you're supposed to stay at 120,000 credits or less for the starting ship, but there's a few ships slightly above that that wouldn't break things in half to use, yeah.
>>
>>57243037
Go advanced. Give them a tie defender and try and jam them all into the cockpit at once.
>>
>>57243077
Reminder that the firespray a shit because it doesn't have something for most party members to do, meaning they'll feel left out and be disengaged from the game.

Anything is fine as long as "it costs no
more than 120,000 credits and is approved by the GM." That means you can get something with tons of crew positions like the Wayfarer (EotE p.263) or E-9 Explorer (EtU p.62).
>>
>>57243144
>Reminder that the firespray a shit because it doesn't have something for most party members to do, meaning they'll feel left out and be disengaged from the game.

Eh, only in ship encounters. Boots on the ground, everything'll be fine.
>>
>>57243165
>If you're not in the ship then your choice of ship isn't important
>>
>>57243185
Yes, that is a thing that I didn't say.
>>
Playing a star wars tabletop for the first time. My character is a commando droid ( rebellion era). I have relatively little star wars info beyond the movies and the clone wars tv series. Is there anything I should keep in mind or advice you guys can give me?
>>
>>57243417
Discard anything you learned from the sequel trilogy.
>>
File: TheRevenge_1.jpg (71 KB, 624x408)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>57243077
>>57243144
People need to stop recommending this ugly piece of shit to new players/gms. It's the fucking garbage truck of starships
>>
>>57243417
Play emotionless and direct, but do cute things that pay off for emotional impact when you die
>>
>>57243436
>piece of shit
Name one ship with a better cargo space or number of crew positions to cost ratio.
>>
>>57241772
Couple rocket racks grabbed off an old Hailfire or HMP?
>>
File: Ghost-Fathead.png (543 KB, 1000x500)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>57243454
It looks like shit. Vcx-100 is a billion times better
>>
>>57243504
>more expensive
>less than 1/4th the space
>less crew

VCX is garbage for a silhouette 5 ship. It should've been 4 with the ghost as a unique thing for the ship like the guardian 5e speeder gets.
>>
>>57243549
>ghost
Phantom*
>>
>>57243436
>It's the fucking garbage truck of starships

But garbage is so fitting for new players; it lets them know not to expect too much.
>>
Commander Bly and Aayla Secura is best couple
>>
Snoke was actually Rosh.
>>
>>57243653
Didnt he shoot her in the back without q seconds hesitation and have his men fire on her corpse to make sure she was dead?
>>
>>57243670
read: tragic romance
>>
File: TheRevenge_2.jpg (113 KB, 666x857)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>57243436
But its best ship
>>
>>57242876
t. writer of shit-tier Piranha Bytes games
>>
>>57239372
Because that'd bring in the Mecha fanboys and Disney is against doing anything consistent or realistic with their vehicles
>>
File: window.png (684 KB, 1074x592)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
>>57241349
West End Games has got you covered senpai.
>>
Is there a version of Oggdude's Star Wars Character Generator where all the force powers and shit are filled in and not these pussy "Please check the books see disney I'm being a good boy aren't I a good boy?" notes he leaves for everything?
>>
File: Battle_Droid.jpg (160 KB, 518x594)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>57238266
>>
>>57243810
Hmm, maybe you should check the OP links, anon?
>>
File: Repwardroid2.jpg (70 KB, 640x1280)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>57238266
Repostin'
>>
>>57243998
I'm having trouble. They don't have files for the newest version and it's causing errors.

Is there a place where I can get older versions of the character creator?
>>
File: 1460515479362.png (1.06 MB, 736x1056)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>57243853
hmmm, I am thinking about making a b1 as a character for an upcoming campaign. you guys think i should go with the given stats for them or make a "unique" one?

The characteristic lineup is;
>Brawn 2; Agility 2; Intellect 1; Cunning 1; Willpower 1; Presence 1
So it is pretty shit, I would end up spending all of the rest of the xp on skills and talents i suppose.
>>
So I get that the rebels sometimes use some old pre-Empire equipment on the battle line. Where is the CIS equipment that you think the rebels would be using. it seems like planets that remember fighting against the republic would only be happy to give old gear and equipment away to the group that fights the empire.
>>
>>57244247
Anon you replied too. You should make your own stats.

I played an antique B1 in GCW era. It was fun. Basically got to play like an idiot. I ended up getting a sick black imperial paintjob to masquerade as an imperial security droid though.
>>
>>57244145
I hate to reply like this, but please, can someone spoonfeed me the solution just this once?
>>
>>57244358
If I remember correctly, the error is associated with a particular xml file in the data folder. Check the error message and it should tell you which once.

Just delete that and it should work.
>>
>>57244358
Your other option is to fill in the descriptions yourself. Honestly, I don't like oggdude's app; its way too clunky, but it's all we got sadly.
>>
>>57244448
Thank you.
>>
File: 1451866087864.png (993 KB, 1060x816)
993 KB
993 KB PNG
>>57244346
Yea, thats probably for the best. Was just looking at the stats for the e5 blaster carbine and theyre also not great, with that inaccurate 1 quality so i'll need to make up for that

i might just save most of my starting xp and instead spend it all after the first session to get useful skills up to max
>>
Are there any good web-based character builders for FFG?
>>
Is going for 5 in a stat in character creation always overkill?
>>
>>57244651
usually since it makes it the only thing you spend xp on. but it does make you really really good at all of those related rolls
>>
I got 2 FaD Beginner Boxes for christmas, what do?

Get another beginner box, FA, EdtE or AoR? Get the dice and store credit? Get a rulebook?Buy another game?
>>
File: BX commando droid.jpg (127 KB, 624x352)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>57238266
>>
Is it wrong to feel there are parts of Star Wars the EU does better than Canon and vice versa?

And has all material in the EU been halted?
>>
>>57244767

No. Canon from OT is fine, obviously. Canon from ST is absolutely abhorrent and you should kill yourself if you like it.
>>
>>57242385
Force Stasis is an established power in the EU.

Projection is not.
>>
>>57244824
As someone else in this thread said, force lightning wasn't established until it was.
Gotta come up with new shit sometime, Anon.
>>
>>57244247
>that pic

Suddenly, I want to play a an old B-1 that managed to survive the mass shut down, somehow gained independence, and decided to wander the galaxy, exploring and learning, never drawing a blaster again.
>>
>>57244884
Totally possible in FFG Star Wars; just play a Droid Explorer or Colonist and say he's a B1,give him similar stats with possibly higher Cunning or Willpower than normal.
>>
>>57244713
Return one, get EotE beginner and that will give you plenty of shit to run a few games and work out what style of campaign you want to run.
>>
>>57244907
If I had the desire to play ffg, and had an actual group to play it with, I totally would
>>
>>57245046
Thank you, this was also my go to option. I was just wondering if there was something else, that might be a great idea.
>>
>>57241750
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsTm3LhtGqA [Embed]
He misses jerked chicken and good ganja
>>
So I got a few X-Wing miniatures things for Christmas. Original starter set, original Falcon, Y-Wing, and TIE Striker.

I'm pretty new to the game, and I was wondering what ships out there come with the best pilot cards? Also, is there any chance they made any of the EU ships? Would love to play the Outrider or the Ebon Hawk.
>>
>>57245228
>Outrider
Good taste.
>>
What's the /tg/ system of choice for SW?
D6 Here.
>>
>>57245754
For RPG? Big fan of the FFG one.
>>
>>57245228
Quite a few EU ships have been made into XWM models before and after the Disney buyout. My personal favorites were the TIE Phantom and Defender back in Wave 4, and the Assault Gunboat (Alpha Star Wing) from the old TIE Fighter games just got an expansion which is pretty strong.
>>
>>57245754
D6, running a D6 campaign currently.

Posted around Christmas in the generals about how it started, and now the party went to Korriban, explored the sith academy, basked in the dark side and removed a holocron possession from a black sun member.

My players are excited. One of them basically wants to throw the character because it's so out of character - and is basically a conduit for the dark side now, he would have to pray the dark away for years.
>>
File: 21b.jpg (94 KB, 330x400)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>57238266
21B as Im going into surgery tomorrow for some mangled tendons in my hand
>Nurse quote for today-
>"you have the body of a careless 30 year old"
>>
>>57237340
>>57237389
The card art on the Ordnance Cruiser is comfy as fuck.

I've seen multiple people express interest in getting in Armada after seeing the MC75 model, hopefully this wave ushers a bunch of new blood. MC75 and Thrawn are much more iconic than the Hammerhead and Quasar were.
>>
Ben?
Obi-Wan Ben Larry Kenobi?
>>
>>57246170
>people express interest in getting in Armada after seeing the MC75 model
Count me in.
I liked the MC30 but wasn’t feeling the heavy flagship designs until they teased the Raddusmobile. I’d honestly been hoping for it since my first viewing of Rogue One
It’s just a shame how expensive Armada is per model, not to mention the half-dozen other minis games that have taken over my existing living space.
>>
>>57246238
>It’s just a shame how expensive Armada is per model

True, but there's not so many to buy. The ($40?) Profundity box is the first thing for Rebels since July, and it's probably not out until March (there was a delay and the wave got pushed back.)

The real shame is the buy-in cost being $200, or slightly more if you actually, y'know, want the MC-75. They could skim $60 off that with an essentials only core box. Add the ~20% FLGS discount most places have and it wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>57244346
>implying Imperials would use CIS tech

They are like number 1 enemy, their main argument on the Rebels is that they're Separatists 2.0
>>
>>57238266
>Likes: Destroying the Republic's enemies, pro-Republic messages, courage
What's not to love?
>>
>>57246340
Who is the cute droid? Also what weapon is the one used be the clone comander?
>>
>>57246350
M1-4X, and it has been literal years since I logged in so I have no clue what that gun was called.
>>
>>57238847
D6 < ??? > Saga

But what are you looking for?
>>
>>57246391
>Log into SWTOR, not expecting much, no idea of what's to come
>Run a sith inquisitor, yeah, that was some okay storyline. Let's keep going.
>Run a sith warrior, lightside. Holy shit, that was great. That was everything I would expect from a star wars novel or movie. I really fucking enjoyed every minute of that. I hope that's not the high water mark.
>Decide to run a lightside Agent. Jesus christ, that was good

And then I made the mistake of looking at the lightside ones. What the fuck were the republic writers smoking?
>>
>>57246410
I liked the sheer Bugs Bunny-tier goofery of the Smuggler, but other than that I agree.
>>
>>57241976
MC75 was probably a one-off. The MC80s only ever had, I think, 3 canon vessels in the class?

MC90 was a half dozen.

The Rebels never really had a large fleet, and neither did the New Republic.
>>
>>57246410
Who the hell knows. Also did some googling since I remembered where that gun comes from, it is the Fusion-Bolt Cannon, and assuming that the vendor hasn't vanished since I last played, he's one of the PvP vendors, not the class-specific ones but there'd been a guy hanging around that just sold a handful of guns.
>>
File: boardingpartyof1.jpg (121 KB, 1064x600)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>57242754
>My question is why would these 4 be traveling together and how would I create jobs for them?
That's something your players should have established when they were creating characters. You did sit down and do a Session 0 to create characters and talk about why they're connected, yes?

Oh. You didn't.

Well, you done fucked up. Should probably start over.
>>
>>57245205
How the fuck would that even make sense for a deformed gungan? Their mouth couldn’t reced that far without massive scarring and damage, and would make communication impossible with no visible cybernetics
>>
>>57246442
>MC90
officially, there were 13 MC80s of all kinds at endor

looking at RotJ despecialized, i count 3 MC80s for sure, and maybe 2 more in the background, but i cant tell for sure
>>
>>57242754
>>57246468
It's easy. Run the Beginning Game and they'll all end up together on the same ship. From there on, hijinks ensue. A smuggler can do smuggling consistently as you travel around, and serve as a reason why you're going where you are, and a bounty hunter still needs a ride and makes for a good plot hook or adventure seed when necessary.

Just because a smuggler smuggles and flies does not mean he's not going to assist his bounty hunter friend, and vice versa, etc. Use their careers to reinforce their connections and needs of eachother. It is not a barrier in their friendship and unhealthy co-dependence, it's the glue.

If you feel it sounds unfair, just do a round-robin system where you try to focus an adventure around the themes of each character in sequence, i.e. do a smuggling job that goes sideways, followed by a promising bounty, and then maybe a fake bounty that turns out to be a trap for the jedi, etc.

Lots of potential.
>>
>>57246589
>looking at RotJ despecialized, i count 3 MC80s for sure, and maybe 2 more in the background, but i cant tell for sure
Yeah I recall there only being 3.

Wookieepedia says canonically there are 9 but several of them are from the new filler material between 6 and 7.

As far as the MC75, there were at least two variants so at least two ships, but Profundity was one of the first to be finished.
>>
File: Impeller carrier11_12-1.jpg (256 KB, 1920x1200)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>57246238
Its not 'cheap', but I do see good value for money in the sense that you do get a painted, fairly high quality model and you don't have to go balls deep in 'buy everything', kind of like the GW products where you really need to pay to play. That and FFG doesn't shit on us poor bastards as the arse end of the world with ridonkulous prices, so I have a bit of love for them in that regards.
X-wings probably the slightly better value per $ though and a good entry level game for plastic crack addicts, though cheap-ish its got many games to get some mastery of
>>
>>57245228
Outrider is th the game, Ebon Hwk is not yet. Go to the wiki to see what exists and what does not, and have fun!
>>
>>57246468
That pic is basically what happened after my Old Republic-era mandalorian managed to put his hands on his old armor
>>
>>57237178
People have speculated that he's the inverse of Governor Pryce, and allows you to specify a round to activate first that round. His visible text says something about what are probably command tokens, possibly as a consolation if you're first player anyways.
>>
>>57239406
>the russian atlantic fleet during the russo japanese war in space
>>
File: YellowStaff.png (245 KB, 2611x914)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
Thread's nearly up.
Post lightsabers.
>>
>>57244767
>>57244793
nucanon isn't limited to ST era, the new darth vader comics are pretty dope, and then again some of that ST auxillary material is bound to be good and useful no matter how horridly bad the rest is, just like the EU
>>
File: luke saber.jpg (23 KB, 390x425)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>57247109
oldie but goldie
cant beat the classics

in the RPG
how much would a near-perfect, fully functional, replica of lukes lightsaber sell in the immediate aftermath of the battle of jakku?
i imagine if you can convince someone its the real thing, you can swindle them of quite a bit

i also imagine training sabers would make very popular souvenirs on new republic territory
>>
File: IMG_20180104_055434.jpg (649 KB, 2048x1536)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
>>57247109
We've got a few hours left in it, anon
>>
File: Image-84-600x441.jpg (56 KB, 600x441)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>57247113
Didn't the new Vader comics retcon artificial kiber crystals and now red lightsabers are 'bleeding' kiber? I don't understand why they'd throw out the 'Nature vs Technology' theme in favour of just being edgy.
>>
>>57247163
>HA!

I like to imagine Vader cracks Palpatine up constantly and that's why Sheev tolerates him
>>
>>57247156
Definitely top tier.
I reckon any functioning lightsaber at any point after the destruction of the Jedi council would be worth way more than the book says. If it was "Luke's" then you could probably just name your price. Maybe not ISD prices, but at the very least you'd get a couple of fighters or light freighters out of it. Probably more from the right collector.

>>57247160
I guess. I just want to see some cool laser swords.
>>
>>57247163
Remember when lightsabers were just a civilized weapon from a civilized time, rather than a special force crystal only Jedi can use that attunes with its user or whatever?

Most of the stuff nucanon does poorly was started under George.
>>
>>57247062
What ship would be the Kamchatka-chan?
>>
>>57241839
A rebel commanders methods are seen as unsound. Turns out Luke just wants Kyle Katarn to chill out.
>>
File: 1514998951223.png (886 KB, 1837x2153)
886 KB
886 KB PNG
>>57247062
For the anons than don't know about that feat of naval history, here another anon posted the extracts.
I know there was another time stamp with a very clever anon explaining it.
>>
>>57247484
Oh god. I didn't know about the memorial service. I hope he gave a speech.
>>
>>57247563
Imagine the humiliation. Poor Rozhy didn't deserve it.
Also what side would this fleet best represent it?
I'm thinking an old Separatist admiral than has joined the Rebelion, than has to operate with ancient pre-Cw planetary defense forces, god knows how much different species and vessels, than barely can maintain at is it.
>>
>>57247160
My friend and I were gonna play Armada today, but he had to bail. I've been list crafting like crazy, but I can't figure out my favorite ship. How effective are Interdictors? They seem like a huge points sink for a very awkward ship.
>>
I need Star Wars d6 stats for the New Republic Bombers that get wasted in the first 10 minutes of TLJ.

Thinking of running a early New Republic game and some Imperial holdouts need to be blown up.
>>
>>57247675
>How effective are Interdictors? They seem like a huge points sink for a very awkward ship.

Pretty much. Interdictor are overpriced, but their experimental retrofits are underpriced - the cost is already baked into the frame. So you've got to use them, and use them effectively, to justify the ship.

Typically, that means going second, and abusing objectives. Tossing mines around, or tossing rocks into your opponents approach to the outpost, or making a Blockade Run ISD unkillable.
>>
File: a series of Slavic events.jpg (416 KB, 1807x1384)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>57239406
>>57247062
>>
>>57247705

Here’s some stats, and some decent art too.

https://shoguneagle.deviantart.com/art/Slayn-and-Korpil-MG-100-StarFortress-SF-17-Bomber-705672885
>>
>>57243128
>Technically you're supposed to stay at 120,000 credits or less for the starting ship
Gay
t. YZ 775 driver
>>
>>57247660
It's Russia. Russia's entire history from about 1890-1991 could have Yakety Sax backing music. His humiliation is drowned out by literally everything else that ever happened to the nation.
>>
>>57247761
Even up to the present day, the life for the Russian peasant has been shit. Russia is just a shitty country.
>>
>>57243454
YZ 775
>>
>>57247839
That thing is 500000 credits you fucking idiot
>>
>>57247796
Buy why though?
>>
>>57247931
Mainly their leaders have been kinda oppressive most of their history, Also big country which means even if you somewhat decent leadership on Moscow, it just means the local assholes can ruin your day anyway.
>>
>>57247931
It's a large land locked eurasian country governed from the European side whose basic strategy is almost always muh warm water port while being governed by a thieving elite.
>>
>>57247931
Well, originally because the Tsar might have been a mediocre ruler at best. But circumstances conspired to make things shit. Then: COMMUNISM. CENTRALLY PLANNED ECONOMIES. Etc, etc. And then the quick conversion into a near-formal oligarchy in the 90s and the nation's slow conversion to an oppressive criminal state since. I'm not being hyperbolic there, either.

Further, Russia's short on industry. They have some natural resources, Baltic oil is slowly working its way up. But they're stalled as what is really a mid level economy. Shit loads of land, not much to do with it. No real investment, especially with the looting that occurred at a state level by its leaders. Botnets are one of their biggest exports, for fucks sakes. It doesn't even have England's excuse of being an industrial nation gone to seed. It's just shit.
>>
>>57247675
I'm new and bad, but I really enjoy the Interdictor. Suppression refit w/ title, G-8, Scrambler, disposable capacitors has been nice. Dropping someone to speed 0 is back breaking.
>>
>>57247163
That was the Ahsoka novel first.
>>
>>57247978
Russia is not land locked and has access to both Atlantic, and Pacific oceans.
>>
>>57247919
so don't be a poorfag
>>
>>57247163
>>57247255
>>57248069
This also retcons how luke got his second lightsaber built as he had originally used a synthetic crystal, demonstrating to readers that synth crystals weren't inherently bad either. With them gone now we must learn where the fuck luke got his new crystal
>>
>>57248105
How about you read the fucking question before you reply dumbass?
>>
>>57246538
Maybe the lips are fat and muscle-really old people tend to lose tissue over time, my great-grandma looked like a skeleton but was still up and about in her late 90s baking cookies and scolding Dedushka for his choice of clothes...
>>
Am I a bluemilk boy if I put a scope on my blaster pistol?
>>
>>57248132
Luke should still have the lightsaber he took from Rodia in Heir to the Jedi. Granted, that one's crystals were purple and we haven't seen whether or not a Force user can change a lightsaber crystal from one non-red color to another.

He could find another crystal somewhere between ESB and RotJ. We haven't really seen much of that era in nucanon yet, but given that he's exploring a bunch of different Force traditions in nucanon, it wouldn't surprise me if he finds one or eventually gets to Ilum.
>>
>>57242414
Worf.
There's a reason it's called "The Worf Effect"
>>
>>57248193
han has one, so you should be fine
>>
>>57246409
The Episode 1&2 (And very early on Episode 3) time frame of the movies, WotC had a d20 Star Wars game out. The product listing is a bit confusing as they have the Star Wars Roleplaying game with Stats for characters from Episode 1, followed by a few splats, then the "Revised Core Rulebook" which was about as revised to the first as the 3.5 D&D PHB was to the 3.0 one.

Sometime after Episode 3, they switched over to the SAGA system, then the next iteration was Edge of Empire. Any time I search for "Star Wars d20 RPG Web Enhancements" I get Edge of Empire, or maybe SAGA, but not any of the official stuff (Species, Feats, Templates, Ships, Prestige Classes, etc) that was published on WotC's site. I was hoping there would be an archive (Site, MEGA, etc) of all the Web Enhancement stuff.
>>
>>57248160
I did, fool. Just because you don't like my answer doesn't make it wrong for the question asked.
>>
>>57246317
>implying most people would even recognize a battle droid
>>
>>57246317
Besides I wasn't an imperial it was just a disguise for sneaking into facilities and ships a d shit.
>>
>>57248560
newer, hotter, slightly more squidmen
>>
>>57245228
There are good 3d prints for the Ebon Hawk and a lot of other EU ships. Mel's Miniatures are the best of them I think and he's constantly making new shit. If you order any just have them printed in Frosted Ultra Detail or they'll come out grainy.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/WSDNH6EYX/ebon-hawk-1-270

After than you can use the program Strange Eons to make custom cards and dials or proxy it as something else.
>>
File: 1514673602360.jpg (74 KB, 400x466)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us; it penetrates us; it binds the universe together.

That's the first thing we ever hear about the Force, but people keep forgetting it, even in-universe. The Force is as we are. We create it, and every characteristic found in a living thing is found somewhere in the Force. The dark side is not a corruption of the Force; it is a reflection of real emotions and instincts found in countless species. How can anyone say that the predator's hunger or the prey's fear is unnatural? And how can anyone say that the Force's will is infallible when infallibility is not a quality possessed by any living thing, or indeed any group of living things?
>>
>>57248699
You sound like a fag.
>>
>>57248596
War was only like 10-15 years back, and I imagine they'd still have ongoing propaganda against the CIS. 'The Eternal Neimoidian' I imagine would be a thing pushed by Sheev and the Empire.
>>
>>57248913

Other than that, you're correct.
>>
>>57248913
Just think about how strongly people react to dudes that dress like nazis today.
>>
>>57247163
It makes Kylo Ren’s saber all the more tragic. Eventually he falls so far that he loses the connection he had with his lightsaber he built as a padawan, it’s crystal inactive. Snoke reveals through his collection of sith artifacts that Ben can use his lightsaber again, but first he has to focus and pour all of his emotions into the kyber crystal, and the sense of betrayal he has from seeing his hero of an uncle seemingly attempting to kill him, the confusion and anger are so great it overloads the kyber and causes it to crack. Nevertheless Ben probably tries to use his newly “bled” kyber, which maintains for a few moments before being destroyed from its own unstable power. So by studying a lightsaber relic from Malachor he hastily builds his crossguard lightsaber to help stabilize the erratic energy, using what pieces he can salvage from his first lightsaber
>>
>>57249444
>tragic
Shitty and edgy, you mean.
>>
Someone just said something in a confersation, in jest.

>The separatists did nothing wrong.

And it got me thinking. Didn't they? It occurs to me that the Separatists themselves actually did nothing wrong, and were manipulated by Darth Sidious, although they had legitimate grievances themselves, and were essentially attacked by the Republic who forced a confrontation by refusing all meaningful negotiation (at least in part orchestrated by Palpatine).

So is it true? Did the Separatists truly do nothing wrong?
>>
>>57249759
Maybe not at first besides being too greedy, but as the war went on they did a lot of atrocious shit
>>
>>57249759
I'll also point this out in the new thread, but the CIS were intentionally set up by Sheev as mustache twirling bad guys. They were a fabricated enemy for him to seize power, so they were to act as overly evil as possible under Sidious through his influence over Dooku. They might have had noble goals at the start, but even Dooku during ROTS thinks the plan is to throw the CIS under the bus and have himself defect to the Republic while all the atrocities of the Confederacy are pinned on Grievous and the Separatist Council.
>>
>>57249830
But war is war, the separatists themselves did try to avert it; they just didn't know that it was futile since Palpatine was only interested in escallation.
>>
File: 1491075455480.jpg (73 KB, 663x1024)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>57249949
Yea but were not just talking about war atrocities. Subjugation and exploitation of their own people, invasions of neutral states, blockades of neutral states, exploitation of neutral states. Basically, if you werent on their side, they thought of you as cash money to be taken, and if you were on their side, you were cash money already being taken. Then you add on top of this the war atrocities: targeting of civilians, unethical experiments on both neutral and enemy civilians, use of indiscriminate bio-weaponry, to name a few. So, even if they started out quite misguided, they end up being true villains by the end of the war.
>>
>>57249705
The dark side of the Force has always been 3edgy5me since it’s inception
>>
>>57250226
But how much of this could be attributed to misinformation and manipulation from Sheev and Dooku
>>
File: 1494120136196.jpg (1.12 MB, 4092x2893)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>57250664
Just cause you were told to do something, doesnt mean you didnt do it. I will concede that threat of death was probably a pretty good motivator and in those instances may be forgivable but I refuse to believe that it was the only motivator. Just watch TCW and you can see some truly horrific cartoon villains in positions of leadership in the CIS.
>>
>>57247675
Konstantine on an Interdictor Suppression with G8 and Grav Shift being supported by 2 VSD-2s with Quad Battery Turrets. Slow them down and speed them up at will. It's tricky and I'm not good with it, but a guy in my meta is unstoppable with it.
>>
>>57248397

check the Wayback machine. that's the only place I can find a lot of the d20 stuff they put up on line, and lost when the site got restructured.
>>
>>57251049
I have tried the wayback, but unfortunately, it (Seemingly) is only a html archive, and all links to download any pdfs of maps, supplements, errata, FAQs and additional materials are dead links. I was hopeful someone out there had an archive of it.
>>
>>57245205
Personally, I'm 99% sure Jar-Jar had access to a Drug synthesized from those lizards that suppress force signatures and was on it to not let anyone know, but Sheev kinda cuts that one off, because of how he remained hidden.

Also, Again, going by the alleged older plan, I've a feeling Jar Jar's true nature would be Baron Samedi/Is this guy undead? as fuck- there was probably some kind of nasty Sith Temple place back on Nabooru, probably though cursed by the locals or some relic of one of the older wars.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.