[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Image.ashx.jpg (32 KB, 223x310)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
A Very Puzzling Edition

Previously: >>57385877

RESOURCES

>Latest News:
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info

>Thread Question:
What's the worst card you deeply love?
>>
>>57398391
>What's the worst card you deeply love?

Ashes of the Fallen in Isamaru Hound of Konda, so Oathkeeper brings Isamaru back.
>>
File: gorilla munch.jpg (32 KB, 223x310)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>57398391
Really weak in edh, but I'm glad my locust god finally has a use for it with kindred discovery and exiling the monkey for a R to cast firestorm and win. I love fast mana so I usually put this guy in any deck with red, same with dark ritual, etc.
>>
Any feedback on this? It doesn't have to be too competitive but I'd like to be able to win every once in a while. I'm trying to think if it's worth making room for some of the cards in the Maybeboard.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dino-tribal-rix-copy/
>>
>>57398418
field of ruin if you want to be a bro and like ramp. it also makes everyone shuffle.
>>
File: Ultimate Mairsil Jank.png (716 KB, 1115x347)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
>>57398391
>thread question
Debt of Loyalty, Jabari's Influence, and Preacher

That aside, would pic related work the way I want it to?
Cage everything in the pic, and then use Mairsil's copy of the library search, then before it resolves untap himself and use the extra turn ability, and then after that tucks him use the resolving search ability to bring him back.
Or, like with graveyard returning things, would he have to already be in the library before the search ability even goes on the stack for him to be a legal search target for it?
Or, since the search doesn't target, would he still be a legal search result even if he entered the library after the search ability was activated but before it resolved?
>>
>>57398489

You got too much going on. I mean, I like your Myr Landshaper + Splinter Combo, but it doesn’t really do anything for Gishath. Not to mention you don’t have enough creatures for Gishath to work and get atleast one Dino every swing.

If you want a Naya Hate deck, do that, but if you want a Dinosaur deck, you’re off the mark.
>>
>>57398391
I love me some Dismiss into Dream, really bad but oddly satisfying to resolve.

Question for you all. I'm trying to set up and EDH community in the New London / Waterford area of Connecticut. Anyone have any tips on starting a play group from scratch?
>>
>>57398466
Funny monkey is legit good in edh.
>>
some of your guys favorite Naya card draw?

Permanents only, I'm taking full advantage of Primal Surge.
>>
>>57398391

The card I probably most deeply love is Trinket Mage, I put him in every blue deck i make along with a package for him.

That being said, I don't think people would call him bad, so its probably actually Commit//Memory
It is way too mana intensive to actually be good, but I just love that it will answer literally fucking everything. Spells? Yeah. Problem permanents like enchantments that most colors cant answer? You bet. No hand? Get a full grip. Someone needs to discard? You got it. Graveyard hate? I can do that.
>>
>>57398720
Not sure if it works either. Because the activated ability for Timestream Navigator is explicit for Timestream Navigator, unless if Mairsil substitutes the name with his own upon placing a cage counter on Timestream Navigator.
>>
>>57398997
Check Facebook and leddit for existing nerd groups to snag up members. Find a decent place and bring friends until it takes off. Post about it in said existing groups and also make your own. Mostly pray
>>
File: 12824_200w.jpg (23 KB, 200x285)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>57399104

Slate of Ancestry is right up your alley.
>>
>thread question
Squee. He's a really good loot card, and good emergency blocker. But half the decks I put him in he has no business being in. I just really have to run my copy because Squee is the best goblin.
>>
>>57398997
Facebook, reddit (big maybe), discord?

desu I feel like EDH is one of those game formats that just doesn't work if you don't know the people you're playing with from a completely unrelated context.
>>
>>57399150
Any activated ability of a permanent that references that permanent's own name is automatically substituted with the new permanent's name if another permanent gets a copy of that activated ability.
Experiment Kraj is a prime example of copying activated abilities.
>>
>>57399456
>>57399150
It's important to remember this doesn't apply for text templated as "a card named ~," like Mirror-Mad Phantasm. This is relevant because if you copy Phantasm's effect you'll shuffle back the card copying it, and flip your whole deck into the grave since you (probably) don't have a Mirror-Mad Phantasm in your deck.
>>
File: KumenaTyr.png (179 KB, 265x370)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
How strong can this guy be? Anyone gonna build him?
>>
>>57400053
has a lackluster ability and is too expensive to be awesome 1v1 , maybe kitchen table for group play
>>
>>57400110
>judging a card based on the objectively inferior format variation
>>
>>57400110
>GU1
>expensive
wat.
>>
>>57400143
And? He is still garbage either way. Compare him to edric and he will appear like complete garbage
>>
>>57398720
>Or, since the search doesn't target, would he still be a legal search result even if he entered the library after the search ability was activated but before it resolved?
Right there. Portal isn't asking you to target a permanent card in your deck. Once the ability resolves, you search your deck for any permanent card that's in it. If you toss Mairsil in there before it resolves, you can go search him out.
>>
>>57400053

Seems lackluster as fuck

>a 2 can't be blocked this turn
Shit
>Tap three merfolk (even assuming they're tokens), draw a card
Shit. Cheap as shit cards make you draw
>Tap five
Lmao.

There are better unblockable tron commanders, better card draw commanders, and better counters commanders. This is lackluster and useless.
>>
>>57400202
He means the abilities, All those merfolk require initial resource investment.
>>
>>57400053
a strong value engine after the right setup. you want to be packing all the tutors to grab your lords as soon as you can. find a way to pump up your dudes with +1/+1 counters each turn and hold up mana for blue control spells.
>>
>>57400143
>>57400202

That card isnt worth a fuck even as a creature in a GU deck.
>>
>>57400385
>3cmc commander that draws your entire deck as it resolves
>powerful tribal synergy that makes its own combos
>bad

don’t take advice from /tg/
>>
>>57400544
How the fuck does it draw your whole deck as it resolves. Did you misread the card?
>>
>>57400595
Not him but i guess he mistook the card for Tishana
>>
>>57398997
Hey! I live on the Outer Cape!
We might as well be on opposite sides of the country.
>>
>>57398391

Void Shatter or Praetor's Grasp. Also a fan of Ring of Three Wishes.
>>
>>57400595
untapping merfolk is the easiest thing ever, my dude
>>
>>57400544

It really doesnt draw you shit and uses tons of resources. It's a shit tribal synergy, it just requires tribal creatures to do things, only the +1/+1 is synergetic, and you have to tap five fucking merfolk
>>
>>57400794
Go ahead, show me the combo so I can laugh in your face over your 4+ card combo that will be a total pile of shit.
>>
https://company.wizards.com/article/news/making-magic-spaces-safer
The safety of Magic events is of paramount importance to us.

Recently, a few former judges and players had their sex offender status posted to social media. In accordance with our policy, the majority had already had their access to Magic organized play suspended indefinitely, and were not active in the Magic community.

We learned, however, that an individual reported to the Judge Conduct Committee was inadvertently not decertified by Magic Judges nor reported to Wizards. You can read more about that here. However, once this was brought to our attention, Wizards immediately coordinated with Magic Judges—an independent community-run organization that operates and manages the judge community and its Judge Conduct Committee—to address the situation. That individual has now been indefinitely suspended as a player and the Magic Judges decertified the individual's status as a Magic judge. When Wizards learns that a DCI member or a Wizards Play Network (WPN) retailer is on a sex offender registry, we take immediate action to remove them from organized play and our promotional programs. We have a zero-tolerance policy. Sex offenders have no place in the Magic community.

As part of our commitment to safe and inclusive spaces, tournament organizers and retailers will be explicitly required to conduct background checks for all staff (as permitted by applicable law). This includes CFB Events' Grand Prix, local store events like Friday Night Magic, and professional events like the Pro Tour and World Magic Cup as well as convention play run by Wizards.
>>
how do i as a green blue player counter huge board states other than cyclonic rift?
>>
>>57400964

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/7pyvey/making_magic_spaces_safer_new_background_check/

ITT you will find people legitimately defending pedophiles

I posted the original article by the person who did the doxxing (on a different account), and was banned instantly. As in, /r/magictcg recognized what I submitted and instabanned me without mod intervention.
>>
>>57400984

Other similar cards. Evacuation, Whelming Wave, etc. Otherwise you need to beat their creatures down with your own, or make it hard to attack you with stuff like Propaganda and Statecraft.
>>
>>57400984
Illusionist's Gambit, Clone Legion, and Mirror Match favorites of mine. (remember you can still assign the creatures you had before casting mirror match as blockers in addition to the new clones)
Also, if you need to deal with noncreature things, The Great Aurora and Wave of Vitriol are fun.
>>
>>57400984
>>57401086
Oh, and Aetherspouts and War Tax.
>>
>>57400964
>>57400987
>Wizards forcing stores to pay money for background checks on employees
>Wizards forcing VOLUNTEERS to get a background check, something that once again they aren't paying for

Literally killing WPN participation and the judge community.

As is being a judge gets you fuck all compared to what it used to, and they are making it even harder. Slowly killing their own community.

To top it all off, a blanket ban for being a sex offender is fucking stupid. Sure, its a terrible idea to have someone that molests kids in a position to take advantage of them, but a lot of sex offenders are people that drunkenly pissed outside or mooned the wrong person.

If they go much further with this kind of stuff WPN stores will be completely gone, you miss out on so much just to get into their special club in the first place. Start making stores pay for the privilege and no one will join in.
>>
>>57400984
Make a Huger board than your opponent, faggot.
>>
>>57401300
its literally a free database and takes all of 2 minutes to use
>>
>>57401300
>If they go much further with this kind of stuff WPN stores will be completely gone
Ok? WPN does fuck all anyway, most people do not even go to store anymore.
>>
>>57400987
>ITT you will find people legitimately defending pedophiles

Looks like it's the only place.
>>
>>57400053
I can see it having potential. Give merfolk unlockable - get some token generating, using with Wanderwine and Paradox engine for intense card draw and casting - if you can get omniscience out even better. Maybe early ramp and token generation into a late game draw + cast deal. I see potential, certainly for only 3 mana a 2/4 with those abilities is good value either way.
>>
>>57401422
You need a full background check anon, you can't just check the website of sex offenders. This is because they are also including violent crimes against minors.

Read the shit.

>>57401443
>Most people do not even go to store anymore
This is not OK. Even if you are a kitchen table chad you want an LGS around to recruit players from when players from your own group die, move away, or just stop playing. The stores die and the game dies.
>>
>>57400053
Azami is strictly better, but she's not a fish, so yeah.
>>
>>57401587
>Azami is strictly better

I don't think you understand the term "strictly better".
>>
>>57401587
I don't think you know what strictly means.
>>
>>57401580
>This is not OK. Even if you are a kitchen table chad you want an LGS around to recruit players from when players from your own group die, move away, or just stop playing. The stores die and the game dies.

Good goy anon. How will the like 97% of players who never set foot into an LGS survive?
>>
>>57400053
Although it has a lot of text all abilities are lackluster. I would give it 35/100.
>>
>>57401628
>How will the like 97% of players who never set foot into an LGS survive?

Probably by playing on middle school cafeteria lunchtables.

I don't think you would be able to join them though.
>>
>>57401580
Is everyone at your LGS a sex offender or something? How is this going to kill Magic this time?
>>
>>57401677
or at their house at the kitchen table like god intended. why anyone would support jew LGSs is beyond me. they over charge for everything, are packed with sweaty NEET virgins, and filled with try hard fags. they are a dying business for a reason anon
>>
>>57401738
Just read the link anon, pretty much stores are required to do background checks now. Not just on employees, but volunteers and other people closely affiliated with the store as well. A check is about 20$ a pop. Depending on turnover or the number of volunteers or people affiliated with the store this is a relatively steep cost just to be part of the shitty WPN, that barely gives you anything anymore. Just access to FTV, foil tokens, and some lands and shit.

It is also means that stores have to pay money to do a background check for you if you are a judge. If you do it at multiple stores each store has got to shell out.

On top of that, you now have to be comfortable sharing sensitive information (like your SSN) at each store you judge at. Its essentially entirely too much hassle be a traveling judge now. (Or a judge at all really, considering how many hoops they are making you jump through for damn near no reward anymore)
>>
>>57401882
>$20 per
that is not even bad
>>
>>57400855
Unwinding clock, Paradox Engine, Merrie Commerce. Any of those (or all) and a few merfolk and you can be using his abilities multiple times per your own turn or per other people's turns, which could help you churn out card draw or counters.
>>
>>57401843
Have you never moved anon? You have to go to an LGS when you move to find the good players and poach them, otherwise you will have no group.
>>
>>57400964
>Safe and inclusive spaces
>Sex offenders have no place in the Magic community.

That doesn't sound inclusive. Are they seriously discriminating based on sex offender status? I'm so triggered.
>>
>>57401924
That does not draw your whole deck after he resolves. It only draws you a handful of cards assuming that you already have those 4 permanents out on the board. You know what I could do with less than those 4 permanents? Just combo out and win the game.

Also unwinding clock doesn't work here.
>>
>>57401882
>It is also means that stores have to pay money to do a background check for you if you are a judge
Just make the prospective judges pay for it themselves.
>>
What's the best card to combat super friends? Something that stops activated abilities of non land permanents, but not just revoker or pitying needle. Anything?
>>
File: 1486491455410.jpg (13 KB, 400x384)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>57398720
>Preacher
>Bad
>>
>>57402002
Immortal Sun.
>>
>>57401919
You have to weigh it against what WPN status gives you. If you make less than 200$ extra from being a wpn store and have to check more than 10 people its now just not worth it.

Plus you are now free to do all sorts of stuff you couldn't do as a WPN store before, like host proxy tournaments or have alcohol on site, both of which could work to bring you more money.

If the only reason to be in WPN is to get free stuff, and the cost of being in WPN is more than the free stuff, then its not worth it to be in WPN, savvy?
>>
>>57402002
It's not the best but it helps to Shut It Down™
>>
>what's the worst card you deeply love?

Form of the Dragon
>>
File: Image-292.jpg (28 KB, 223x310)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>57402066
Derp, forgot pic
>>
>>57401988
Oh wow, not only do I have to train myself, then volunteer on my own time, then get no promo cards because of the dumb new system I also have to pay for the priveledge at each store I go to?

Do you not see how this shit is fucking stupid and would stop any new judges from bothering?
>>
>>57400964
this has nothing to do with EDH. Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>57401980
>That does not draw your whole deck after he resolves

I never said that, although you could with Paradox Engine and Omniscience out.
>>
>>57402105
No, because most judges do it anyway despite all the shit they already have to put up with.

Not everyone is an Ayn Rand wannabe like you.
>>
>>57401980
Oh and also combos might be frowned upon depending on the meta. If you want to win that way then that's fine but most of my playgroups have combos banned.
>>
>>57402088
I'm playing Grixis :c
Immortal sun probably is the best choice, it's just expensive to play, and I really don't benefit from its anthem effect
>>
>>57402114
>Announcement that affects judges has nothing to do with the format made by judges for judges

OK then. Did you even bother reading wizards announcement? I don't think this is a /pol/ thing, I think everyone can agree that putting child molesters around children is bad. Wizards fucked up by not offering this service themselves for free to WPN stores and maintaining this database themselves.
>>
>>57400544
>>3cmc commander that draws your entire deck as it resolves
>>57402136

Yeah, you fucking did, or you responded to this reply chain without reading shit like an idiot.
>>
>>57402175
Frankly it's something that all LGSs that host any sort of events for any sort of game should have been doing in the first place for volunteers.
>>
>>57402028
>If you make less than 200$ extra from being a wpn store and have to check more than 10 people its now just not worth it.

Are you thinking they have to do it every event or something? Background checks have expiration dates, so it's good for however long that is, which tends to be a measure of years rather than months.

If it were good for a year, that's $200 a year. That's covered by selling like three FtVs.
>>
>>57402175
>>57402206
It's been pointed out that Pokemon does this shit already, because they have a much larger child audience, and it doesn't seem to have killed it despite it already being a much smaller market.
>>
>>57402206
I'm not handing over my SSN to someone unless we are really close or he is my employer.

If we are really close then he would automatically assume I'm not a child molester.

If you think handing out your SSN like candy is normal you need to reevaluate how secure your identity is.
>>
What are some 4 cost targets for derevi birthing pod i should look for?
>>
>>57402175
I mean how many children even play this game? Most people are at least 15+ and fat nerds, if I was gonna molest someone it wouldn't be a lardass nerd. I literally havent seen a minor playing magic for a few years either way. I don't think it's that big a "threat" to the players, particularly since many sex offenders are not necessarily child predators. It's still a bit of an oversight on wizards part but it's not like anything has happened (no kids murdered yet) and I honestly don't think it's too likely to happen either.
>>
>>57402196
No, I didn't, so take your belt off and hang yourself. Why are dumb cunts like you always the kind hanging in these threads? I'm obviously a different fucking poster you dumb virgin cunt. Kill yourself and learn to fucking
>>
>>57402220
You don't get the ftvs for free, you still have to pay for them. WPN stores are just guaranteed to be able to order a set number based on rank. Low level stores get like 5, so no, its not covering it most years.

And don't forget, you miss out on a bunch of shit like proxy tournaments that could make you money just by going WPN. Many stores already don't feel its worth the hassle, so it just might be the straw that breaks the camels back is all I am really saying.
>>
>>57402331
Honestly it's probably a good thing if more stores leave wizards support so that we *can* do proxy events and change the player base attitude towards proxies in general. Sick of having to pay 30$ for a piece of cardboard if I want to be even mildly competitive.
>>
>>57402331
>You don't get the ftvs for free, you still have to pay for them.

Yeah, you buy them at cost well below the $35 MSRP, and then sell them for $80-$100. That's pretty much the entire point of FtVs.
>>
>>57402413
And?
This combined with the other horseshit that already drives people away from WPN could stop people
>>
File: fantastic.png (187 KB, 395x296)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>Look around collection for some jank cards for EDH and replacements for Phyrexian Reclamation before I order it online
>Find some boxes of Urza-period cards my big bro left me
>Looked through it once before, found some Rancors, Thran Dynamo, not much
>Check again; no big money, but tons of jank I never noticed before
>Avalenche Riders, Malevolent Awakening, Black Market, Splinter, No Rest for the Wicked, Wellwisher and 2 Phyrexian Reclamation+Plaguelords
Any stories of finding jank again, that you previously never thought was usable, but find out is gold in EDH?
>>
>>57402028
bruh if your store cant spare an extra 200 annually the background checks are probably the least of your issues
>>
>>57402028
>our store cant spare 200 to make sure there are not child molestors around

t. pedo
>>
>>57402470
then dont be WPN if it bothers you so much, but i wont be going to a store without background checks and the fact that this is even a thing prove a lot of other people wont either
>>
The background check is going to keep out more new legit judges than pedos. It's yet another hastle to get the joy of >doing it for free
>>
>>57402580
It's more about how worth it is to be WPN versus paying the money.

WPN has been shit for a while and it really only was worth it for the stores that were just barely making it. This decision will likely kill it.

Assuming of course that wizards even bothers to enforce this shit. I can't honestly see them policing stores in any way other than making them lose their wpn status if their is some big social media outcry over one of their judges raping kids or something.
>>
File: Preacher_DK.jpg (139 KB, 488x680)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>57398720
>Preacher
>bad
Kys
>>
>>57402708
I don't think "Hey do you mind if we make sure you aren't a pedophile or rapist?" is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
>>
>>57402713
then dont be WPN? im not see a problem here
>>
>>57402694
Great, since you are so closely affiliated with a store that you get to see their employees background checks, I'm sure you have no problem sharing your SSN with me so we can do yours.

Hello, new victim of identity theft.
>>
>>57402733
It probably isn't but handing out your SSN to a LGS will wig some people out
>>
>>57402752
644-27-6831
>>
>>57402768
Thanks for the Bad Dragons, sucker!
>>
>>57402733
You realize you have to provide sensitive information to people when you do that, right? Assuming the store is bothering to pay for it in the first place.

Also, you have to do this at every single venue you judge for, because wizards are retards and not handling it themselves so there isn't going to be a database for this.
>>
>>57402752
are you implying that to be employed in the US you dont already have to give your SSN?
>>
>>57402752
>>57402786
desu anon you protesting this hard just kinda makes me think your a pedophile judge
>>
>>57402796
That's the thing, it's also required for volunteers or other people closely affiliated with the store. If it was just employees that would seem normal.
>>
File: Lightning Reaver_ARB.jpg (127 KB, 488x680)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>57398391
>thread question
I love many Alara block cards, this and Spellbound dragon for example look awesome in foil
>>
File: Image.png (132 KB, 223x311)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
i just put humble defector into my boros deck. pretty sure it's a pipe dream but i'm gonna run it for a while to find out the hard way.

>>57398466
i run this monkey too in a combo deck.
>>
>>57402816
Mostly how it was handled is why I am bothered. If wizards handled this themselves it would be much better for everyone. I wouldn't have to trust my sensitive information with every jack off at every lgs I go to, and however shitty their security systems are (if they even have any). Along with forcing each venue to do it's own check (or making me pay for it)

On top of that they are going to be shit at policing this since they aren't handling it themselves, so it won't necessarily stop a judge that's also a child molester from getting to a kid if the store is lazy or doesn't care too much about their WPN status.

They could literally just do this check themselves as part of the shit you deal within the judge program and solve the majority of problems.
>>
>>57395605
Honestly you might as well just build it from scratch, the cards are pretty cheap compared to a lot of other decks
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>57400053
Thassa Bident can help him
>>
File: IMG_9788.png (146 KB, 223x311)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>57402002
This is a thing
>>
>>57402995
I fucking love Humble Defector in Feldon

>making 4 copies of the guy
>bouncing all the card draw around the table
>>
>>57403336
yeah the deck i have him in also runs feldon/mimic vat/sac outlets/homeward path.

seemed like enough synergy to give him a try. i feel like ultimately i'll probably drop him for a less complicated form of card advantage but it's a really unique card.
>>
File: hokori.jpg (30 KB, 480x360)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>57402276
how competitive are we talking here?
>>
>>57402995
>playing a Humble Defector with a Consc Sphinx in play
BEAUT
>>
File: Razzle Mazzle Dazzle.png (231 KB, 637x358)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
I need some cuts for Ashnods Altar and 2 of Ulvenwald Hydra, Regal Behemoth or Woodland Bellower to smooth out my Birthing Pod curve.
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meat-for-the-maggots/
What should go?
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (135 KB, 223x310)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
Its time for me to build my first mono-black deck.

I have this guy and I want to be an evil dark wraith dicklord. What cards do I need?
>>
>>57403817
Sadistic Sacrament might be fun in mono black. Also the standard Gonti, Mikaeus, Triskelion, Vampiric, Demonic tutors.
>>
>>57403817
Maralen of the Mornsong
Field of Ruin
Ghost Quarter

Reanimation for these things.
>>
File: 1497760835266.png (303 KB, 540x539)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>57403392
Holy shit, I had the stupidest game with Consecrated Sphinx and Humble Defector a few weeks back
>play Sphinx turn 6
>nobody has an answer to it
>Atarka player drops Humble Defector next turn
>it gets passed around to everyone but me
>end up drawing 20+ cards off of just Humble Defector activations before my Sphinx gets killed
>everyone at the table wonders why I won
>ask why nobody killed it sooner
>they assumed I had a counterspell
>mfw I didn't have a counter for a full 2 turn rotations after playing the Sphinx
>>
>>57403817
Painful Quandary, Polluted Bonds, Price of Knowledge for punishment.
Bitter Ordeal, Nightmare Incursion, Sadistic Sacrament, Praetor's Grasp to remove combo pieces. (and Neverending Torment if you're really crazy)
Head Games to fuck over one guy in particular.
Curse of the Cabal suspended for an ever-present threat.
Tainted Strike with no other infect in the deck for a surprise kill.
Asylum Visitor, Bottomless Pit, Gibbering Descent, Necrogen Mists for discard shenanigans and to keep their hands empty.
>>
>>57404134
Oh, and Uba Mask to stop anyone from drawing a ton and keeping what they draw.
>>
File: Image.jpg (34 KB, 223x310)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Just bought pic related, suggestions for a budget build?
>>
File: 5.jpg (63 KB, 312x445)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Who are they All-Stars in your 99 that always carry your team to victory?
>>
File: Image.jpg (31 KB, 223x310)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>57404422
Pic related in Captain Sisay.
Instead of 1 search per turn round, get 1 each player's turn.
Or even more with Seedborn Muse / Quest for Renewal.
>>
>>57398418
>Field of Ruin or Ghost Quarter?
Strip Mine > Wasteland > Ghost Quarter > Tectonic Edge >>> Field of Ruin
The more you have to pay to activate, the worse they get
>>
File: lazav-dimir-mastermind.jpg (103 KB, 666x308)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>57404422
I love these guys
>>
File: Friend.jpg (197 KB, 623x414)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>57403757
Bump
>>57404770
Field gets you and the the opponents not LD'd a land, giving you some good will
>>
File: OkOLk.jpg (82 KB, 775x1077)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>57398391
This guy right here. He was best demon. Now he's just some schmuck in a deck I should build, but I'm too lazy to build.
>>
>>57403373
Low level that avoids lockdown actually, but i still wanna see my options. Had to cut him cause its too not-fun.
>>
>>57404864
>Strip Mine/Wasteland
>you and the target is -1 on lands, other opponents are at +/-0
Field of Ruin
>you and the target is +/-0 on lands, other opponents are at +1
>except it also costs 2 to activate
I'm not impressed.
Ghost Quarter is a shitty budget alternative but I'd rather hold up 1 mana instead of 3 to stop an about-to-trigger Dark Depths or a High Market in response to a Kokusho/Yosei being cast etc.
>>
>>57404948
ones I run in my Derevi stax:
Captain Sisay
Grand Arbiter Augistin IV
Hokori, Dust Drinker
Linvala, Keeper of Silence (if your meta isn't competitive this one probably isn't too important)
Lodestone Golem
Sakashima the Imposter

Some other ones that might be good:
Academy Rector
Brago if you're running blink synergy
Felidar Guardian can blink the pod and then get eaten to get you to a 5 drop
Glenn Elendra Archmage is a counterspell
Restoration Angel, again if you're playing creatures with ETBs
Solemn Simulacrum
Venser, Shaper Savant is bounce (can also bounce venser himself if you want to keep it up as a counterspell)
Wickerbough Elder is a disenchant
various normal clones, notably Phyrexian Metamorph and Clever Impersonator, which can clone the Pod or other shit
>>
File: 1498221503081.jpg (90 KB, 612x716)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
I got a new custom playmat and it stinks to high hell of rubber. Do I just have to wait for the smell to fade or is there something I can do about it?
>>
>>57401587
>>57401602
>>57401608

what he should've said was, the guy's best ability is a bad version of what azami does
>>
>>57404422
I love this guy so much. He either forces a board-wipe that doesn't phase my mostly creatureless boardstate or he makes everyone immediately hesitate casting anything important.

Bonus points if my Homeward Path is already out.
>>
>>57405378

fuck i hate this guy so much. i always cast something that causes somebody to give it to me and then i kill it
>>
>>57405298
Have your girlfriend spray some of her favorite perfume on it so you can think of her whenever you bring it out to play Magic.
>>
>>57405421
>so you can think of her whenever you bring it out to play Magic.
I already do. It was a gift from her.
>>
>>57405378
I hate this card simply because of the amount of extra thinking it adds to casting every single spell.
>>
File: Praetors-Grasp.jpg (84 KB, 344x480)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
If I Praetor's Grasp your Caged Sun, then you return the Caged Sun to its "owner's" hand, does it go to my hand because I stole and casted it or his hand because its originally his card?
>>
>>57405492
Goes to your opponent's hand. The owner of a card is the person whose deck contained the card when it began. There's no way outside of unsets for you to end up with cards you don't own in your hand.
>>
>>57405378
Patrician Taste, the ONLY reasoon to ever run U
>>
>streamlining my Daretti deck to make it fluid and fast
>coming to realize the best way to stop daretti from getting raped while trying to combo is to use board wipes
>board wipes only have 1 time use and I come to realize that people use stax artifacts because the only way to make Daretti work well is to slow the game down
Damn
>>
>>57398391
>worst card I deeply love
This guy right here, why did it have to be mana instead of tap an artifact or something
>>
>>57404422
Invariably this guy.
Honorable mentions to faceless butcher and overseer of the damned
>>
File: Image-98.jpg (32 KB, 223x310)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>57404422
My turn is mine.
>>
>>57405784
Fucking adore this card. Great taste anon. Always lets my reanimation shenanigans go through unopposed.
>>
>>57404422
Sometimes it whiffs, but most of the time it gets a tutor or wrath
>>
>>57405378
I wanna run this in my clone deck. True hell happens when there are multiple on the board
>>
If I rite of replication my opponents Elesh Norn with the kicker, do the 5 Elesh Norn's anthem's stack to +5/+5 -5/-5 before the legend rule kills them? How do state based actions stack?
>>
>>57405954
the Anthem's stack, so your opponents creatures will temporarily get -10/-10, and everything with less than 11 toughness will die. Your creatures will temporary get +10/+10, but state based actions will mean all but one of your Elesh Norn's will die, and if anything references their power and toughness when they die(like Proper Burial) it'll see their toughness with the anthem.
>>
>>57406013
Nice, ty
>>
>>57405954
To add on, State Based Actions explicitly don't stack. The game resolves all of them simultaneously and instantly any time someone would get Priority
>>
>go to buy a Morphling for my Kraj deck
>it's fucking $11, spiking right before Ixalan came out
FUCKING WHY?
>>
>>57406177
M A I R S I L
>>
>>57404408
>whenever a creature...if it's a creature
Was it printed that way expressly to deal with things that aren't always creatures?
Like if an animated artifact went to a graveyard, could you activate the ability and get that card under your control, but it would just be a regular artifact?
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 483x272)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>57402494
>started playing around revised
>stopped around alliances
>started again for tempest block then quit again
>picked it back up around theros
>checked my old boxes 24 FoW and 15 wastelands, sold all but 1 of each and outfitted 9 EDH decks
>feels good man
>it gets reprinted to hell and price drops in the toilet
>feels even better man
>mfw
>>
>>57406336
Yes.
>>
>>57406336
>Lim-Dul sneaking into his enemy's corpse pile
>Finds some broken rusty junk
>"Pretty sure it was moving last time I saw it"
>Conducts the necromantic ritual
>"Arise, my minion!"
>Still does jack shit
>"Alright, mana is wasted, might as well take it to the headquarters"
Why is his type not a Goblin
>>
>>57406336
>Like if an animated artifact went to a graveyard, could you activate the ability and get that card under your control, but it would just be a regular artifact?
yes
>>
>>57402315
So you're the second option he gave.
>>
>>57407078
Imagine this, but it was an animated land that died.

>Lim-Dul surveying the coastline
>"Now where was that... Ah"
>He raises his hands dramatically
>"Arise, my minion!"
>An island breaches the surface of the ocean
>"It don't think that's technically undead, but oh well, no harm in keeping it"
>>
>>57404422
Hanweir garrison does it for me. It flavorfully wins with gisela in my boros deck, and clogs up the board without the damage doubler.
>>
>>57407739
How often do you get the Meld?
>>
>>57407778
Ive gotten it once, it was an amazing win
>>
File: supplant form.png (116 KB, 223x311)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
What are some cards to make Maelstrom Wanderer a little more interesting to play? At the moment my deck is just beaters and ramp, and it works well but it's a little boring to play.

I need more cards like Mind's Dilation and Blatant Thievery, basically. I've already looked through typical places like EDHREC so try to suggest obscure shit
>>
File: panda-pirate1.jpg (47 KB, 450x263)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>57407719
>"Thar she blows! All hands on deck! The ol' kraken is going down this time!"
>"But Captain Lim-Dul, it's just a desolate island"
>"Well, blow me down! We ain't ever leaving that island lads"

Alternatively
>Searches for a creature in a grave in the woods
>Grave is empty (it was just an animated Forest)
>Decides to occupy the grave
>>
File: odric.jpg (31 KB, 223x310)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>57404422
i play Boros
>>
>>57408231
I've been having fun in my Maelstrom Wanderer with Magus of the Mind and trying to get as many copies of him as possible before popping him.

Also, Bribery and Knowledge Exploration are really fun cards. Etali is showing similar promise.
>>
I’m working on a Gideon tribal deck for a theme game of Archenemy my friends and I are doing, but I want it to be useful outside of that. While I don’t mind having a lower-powered deck, I want to avoid unplayable garbage.

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gideon-jura-the-man-the-legend-the-deck/

Are there any solid hatebears or pillowforts or anthems that I definitely need to add? >>57402088 Caught my attention.

(Apologies in advance if there’s a double post)
>>
>>57404422
>>57405784
>>57407739

Are constant champions in my Aurelia deck alongside Hero of Bladehold and Bastion Protector.

>>57408401
Shows up less often, but when he does, the game’s over.

And if we’re talking non-creatures... Sunforger.
>>
File: 800 (8).jpg (38 KB, 800x450)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>"Would you like to play for Unifying theory, Anon?"
>>
File: Cute Mob.jpg (66 KB, 265x370)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>57398391
Love these buggers, shove them in every deck with green.
>>
File: hyperdrive.gif (841 KB, 500x250)
841 KB
841 KB GIF
>mfw playing Yidris and hitting mindmoil/Arjun
>>
File: salt ring.png (109 KB, 223x311)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>57404422
>>
File: 136.jpg (63 KB, 312x445)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>57404422
Do not own Toxic Deluge yet, but this card did me so much good I don't think I'll be taking it out.

Once I played 1v1 against Rhonas and drew it the very next turn after casting it, shuffling and presenting my deck for him to cut, he was rather mad
>>
File: 1503412774880.png (8 KB, 299x276)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>Built Ramos Charm/Command Tribal a few months ago
>Tempted to build Ramos Superfriends now

He just leads to so much fun jank and that's what I play Commander for.
>>
>Yuan Shao makes everything with Menace unblockable
OH BABY

>>57398391
Gift of Orzhova
>>
>>57409926
Or you could just play blue unblockables.dec

But playing red is more fun. Godspeed,
anon.
>>
>wake up
>check youtube
>everyone talking about the judge thing
>background checks required now

pedos BTFO
>>
>>57409966
I am going to partner it with Grusilda so all my combined, equipped, and enchanted creatures are unblockable.
>>
File: what.gif (436 KB, 280x158)
436 KB
436 KB GIF
>>57410191
>restricted list commander partnered with un-commander

Teach me how to achieve the level you operate on.
>>
File: Mairsil.png (554 KB, 400x600)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>57406177
>>
Question: If I cast Lazav from my hand and, while hes on the stack, I doom blade a creature with an ETB effect, can I have Lazav become a copy of that creature while floating and enter the battlefield to trigger the effect?
>>
>>57410278
I'm jumping right in in mr Jank's wild cage.
It seems so fun.
>>
>>57410367
Lazav's ability only works while he is on the battlefield, so it won't even trigger if he isn't already out when a creature hits any graveyard.

Same with any other permanent card with any kind of ability, unless the ability in itself specifies it works somewhere other than the battlefield.
>>
>>57405378
I run this in my roon deck. Fun to steal spells then exile it every turn to get it back
>>
>>57410391
The very most important jank for Mr.Jank is Quicksilver Elemental to bypass his "use each ability once per turn" clause.
>>
>>57410056
Its not pedos getting rekt, it's about how mismanaged it is. The fact that wizards isn't doing it themselves and only WPN are made to comply is the fucking stupid bit.

It would be like if all gun control laws weren't checked when you went to buy a gun, but when you went to shooting ranges. It's completely ass backwards and accomplishes nothing but being a hassle for people that aren't doing anything wrong.
>>
>>57410391
Gotcha, thanks
>>
>>57410410
meant for >>57410383
>>
>>57410445
yeah yeah I'm althought it seems it's been errata so that you have to spend an additional U for every loop. Like a reloading cost.
Anyway it seems fun as it is, I'm just ponderng what to add to the usual suite of activated abilities everybody puts in.
>>
>>57410431
false equivalency, owning a gun and being employed or volunteering are not the same thing
>>
>>57400053
He's a good commander for 5-7/10 level play. Clearly better choices for everything he does, but offers a pretty good toolbox, and gives merfolk a good UG commander. I don't think tribal UG merfolk isnt a perticularly strong archtype, but the fact that he exists is positive because its a new deck that can be built.
>>
File: martyrdom.jpg (31 KB, 223x310)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Maybe pic related, nobody ever expects an infinite combo with it.
>>
>>57410546
I don't think that's the pertinent point of comparison in the analogy.
>>
>there are now seven cards from The Dark more expensive than Maze of Ith
lmao investors
>>
>>57411016
But the only one more expensive is Blood Moon?
https://www.mtgstocks.com/sets/57
Either you're using StarCity, which is notorious for jacking their prices to high hell, or your source is doing the same.
>>
Boseiju+Enduring Ideal -> Dovescape -> Humility -> Lightmine Field -> Starfield of Nyx

How do you stop this? Anything besides Stranglehold? I was thinking voidslime targeting the EI trigger but it would be countered by dovescape right?
>>
>>57411108
On MKM. More expensive are Blood Moon, Mana Vortex, Preacher, City of Shadows, Goblin Wizard, Cleansing and Season of the Witch. Maybe I should bulk buy Fasting so I'll lure some of these retards into buying it.
>>
>>57402245
Yeah, in pokemon, you can't even take the judge test without having a background check. This policy was put into place around 2014 or 2015, I think. Before then you could take the judge test, but you couldn't host a league or run a tournament. Part of Pokemon's background check even includes submitting letters of reccomendation from an LGS owner or some similar person. It's good to see that level of safety.
>>
>>57410229
>restricted list
Excuse me?
>>
>>57411124
First, a Boseiju'd Enduring Ideal is only uncounterable on the first cast. Every copy each turn after is still counterable normally.
Second, yes Dovescape counters all non-creature spells that don't have "~ can't be countered." so either use spells with that or your own Boseiju.
Third, Humility doesn't stop "When you cast ~" abilities on creature spells, so you can still get benefits from those. Dovescape also won't stop "When you cast ~" abilities on noncreature spells, since those trigger on cast and not resolution, and thus countering the base spell won't stop them.
>>
>>57410229
>Yuan Shao
>Restricted
???
>>
>>57411248
>Every copy each turn after is still counterable normally.
No, because you're not casting the spell, otherwise dovescape would counter them automatically
>>
>>57410546
Have you actually read what wotc is doing, or do you just try to make snide remarks on the internet while sounding like an idiot?

You can sell Magic the gathering cards, host tournaments and be a judge while being a child molesting sex offender. Nothing wotc did changes that. What did change is that you cant be a WPN store if WotC finds out.

Considering that WotC is not policing it at all, the only time they will find out is if someone tells them, possibly because a kid got raped or because there was another social media shitstorm.

Meanwhile everyone that is following the rules has to deal with the annoyance of background checking their judges. For traveling judges this is especially obnoxious since it could mean dozens of background checks every year, wince wizards isn't handling a database.

If they wanted to do this in any meaningful way they have to manage the background checks themselves when players become judges. Otherwise you are still stuck with pedo judges, you are just creating a hassle for everyone honest.
>>
>>57411302
The spells are copied straight to the stack, but not cast.
They still exist on the stack and are fully interactive there, meaning you can counter them.
Go look at any other spell or ability that copies spells on the stack (ex. Reiterate), and the fact that you can counter the copies. (ex. overloaded Counterflux counters every copy of a spell with Storm and the original, or both the original and the copies of a spell that someone else cast Reverberate on)
>>
>>57411325
>Meanwhile everyone that is following the rules has to deal with the annoyance of background checking their judges.
they should have been to begin with, the only people mad about this are pedos and those employing pedos
>>
>>57411333
Oh alright. But presumably if you took dovescape first it would be difficult to counter the EI copies since they would get doved and the EI copy would still go off, unless it was boseijud or whatever else
>>
A reminder that the only people against the background checks are pedophiles and those harboring pedophils.
>>
>>57411386
What
>>
>>57411379
True, if they searched Dovescape with the uncounterable EI it would make it harder to deal with.
You could also just exile the original EI and deal with it all at once, with things like Time Stop, Glorious End, Summary Dismissal, Mindbreak Trap.
>>
>>57411374
Read the whole post. If you are a child molester with an LGS that employs only child molesters and has child molester volunteers, literally nothing changed for you after this announcement. You can still be a WPN store, you only lose that if you get caught, which isn't any different than before since they already had a clause letting them boot criminals.

This literally only bothers legit people, especially travelling judges.
>>
>>57411386
>Being against rules that don't stop child molester makes you a child molester

No. The only kind of person that would say something like this is a child molester.

I figured it out.

If you support WotCs new policy change you are a child molester.
>>
File: Image (2).png (125 KB, 223x311)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
I've been wanting to get back into paper magic for a while, and I impulse bought this guy's deck for a bit under 50 bucks (the other option available was the RW one)

How badly did I fuck up /edh/?
>>
File: oketrasmonument.jpg (37 KB, 265x370)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Cards that do a surprising amount of work?
>>
>>57411836
Blaxos scales the hardest out of all the 2015 Commander but he is without a doubt the slowest. I love him and Kalemne.
>>
do you allow gold borders in your group?
they're strictly better than proxies for being a real card, but still not legal for play.
>>
>>57411836
Should've went for the RW one, it has by far the most expensive staples of the set.
>>
>>57411888
we allow all proxies as long as they are done well because paying over a dollar for a card is fucking retarded
>>
>>57411836
Get a Skybind. Daxos breaks that card in half.
Anointed Procession too
>>
>>57411888
My group doesn't allow proxies unless you also own the legal copy and are using a proxy to avoid damaging it.
>>
How disapointing would o-kagatchi kami/spirit tribal be?
>>
>>57412028
its actually pretty good in more casual metas

>cast 1 arcane or spirit
>resolve 15 effects
>>
>>57412102
So arcane was before my time but is it separate from instants and sorceries or is it a subtype of one or the other?
>>
>>57412121
It's a subtype
>>
File: Image.jpg (26 KB, 223x310)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>57412121
Subtype, pretty much only for triggering certain abilities and allowing you to use "splice onto arcane"
>>
File: heartless.jpg (34 KB, 223x310)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I want to play a deck that is uniquely "EDH" and not just a "usual standard deck, just use 3 versions of the same card effect instead of 3 of the same card" deck.

I think this bad mother fucker oni right here is the one for the job. Has anyone built a deck off him or have any synergy suggestions?
>>
>>57412121
>before my time

Makes me feel old. Kamigawa was when I originally fell out of Magic, but I was a casual teenager.
>>
>>57407739
Same- Meld or not, Grenzo loves extra bodies to swing with.
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>57411888
i've posted this a number of times but i'll codify it now: clyde's rules for edh proxies.

1. if you have a copy of the card you can proxy another.
2. if you are actively searching for a card you can proxy it in the meantime.
3. if you are testing out an expensive card to see if you want to buy it, you can proxy it.
4. if a deck has more than 10 proxies you shouldn't field it.
5. if you don't plan on acquiring a card in the near future you shouldn't proxy it.
6. proxies should be legible, and it is your responsibility to make sure that other players know what it is and what it does.
7. you should proxy cards that have irreplaceable effects, rather than those which simply raise the raw power level of your deck.
8. be open and honest about your proxies.
>>
So I want to make a Maelstrom Wanderer deck and I see a lot of decks that haven't been updated in a year or 2 and not sure which to look at, which variation of Maelstrom Wanderer is the most 'fun'?
>>
>>57412323
>you should proxy cards that have irreplaceable effects, rather than those which simply raise the raw power level of your deck
Aren't those usually one and the same? Why would a card be expensive if it isn't good? In the rare case of a bad card that's expensive, why would you want to use it?
>>
>>57409714
Ew, creatures that do literally nothing but get bigger and eat removal.

Doesn't even have evasion.
>>
>>57412214
>just use 3 versions of the same card effect instead of 3 of the same card
That's literally Hidetsugu though. It's a combo deck but monored has fuck all for tutors, so you need all the redundancy, card draw, looting and wheels you can muster.
>>
>>57412452
dual lands are the prime example of a card that raises the raw power level of a deck but doesn't actually have any other real impact.

other examples would be upgrades of affordable options that are marginally better.
>>
>>57412323
>>57411985
>>57411930
why don't anyone comment on the gold border part of the question?
>>
>>57412452
What he means is you should proxy Chains of Mephistopheles and not Underground Sea.
>>
>>57412323
I really only proxy if I already ordered cards and they are in the mail or I already own a copy of it and plan on using it in another deck, like Seedborn Muse.
>>
Is Silumgar's Command worth playing in Scarab god?
>>
File: en_iAFOpdiBrP.png (189 KB, 265x370)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
Any ideas for this card?
I like what I see here, but I'm not sure what to do with it.
>>
>>57412497
There's no practical difference between gold borders and proxies, neither are legal and both should be held to the same standards (e.g. clyde's rules for edh proxies seen above)
>>
>>57412562
i would've thought they were seen slightly differently since one is a real magic card and one is just a fake. but i guess it makes sense since neither are legal
>>
>>57412560
It's just passive advantage and draw filters. No thought required. You put it in green deck, green deck is better green deck.
>>
>>57412625
You can put it in a green reanimator deck and mill all the creatures you want when a creature ETBs
>>
File: EN_Xenagos_5_Gallery.jpg (170 KB, 1200x675)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Whoops, posted in wrong thread
Got myself a Reforge the Soul, should I use it in Edgar Markov, Melek, Neheb or Xenagos?
>>
>>57412460
>implying I give a shit
And if you burn removal on a fucking 1-drop that cost me a single G I'll laugh at you for weeks.
>>
>>57400053
>asking /tg/ to evaluate a card
Now why would you ever do that?
>>
>>57400984
All is Dust, Oblivion Stone, Ugin off the top of my head.
>>
>>57411845
It's a free dude with vigilance every time you play a dude and it makes your shit cheaper, what's not to love?
>>
Anyone have any banned cards at their kitchen table? I think right now the only card my table has up for discussion is Palinchron.
>>
>>57412871
rift is banned in my group
>>
>>57412886
Cyclonic Rift? Why?
>>
>>57412934
cause of all the reasons everyone wants rift banned. its too strong
>>
File: narset alter.jpg (104 KB, 540x716)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
My friends, i've been debating over which commander to use to lead a 1v1 deck, and rounded down my options to either Narset, Brago or Baral. Since i'm on a kinda short budget (around $200), i wanted to know if someone with experience on these commanders can reccomend me the best one, thanks in advance
>>
>>57412625
Most green decks would be worse with this. One +1/+1 counter is nothing and the shitty pseudo-scry is not worth 4 mana unless you're reanimator
>>
>>57412953
Everyone wants Rift banned? I think Rift is fine since blue doesn't have that much in terms of board clears.
>>
>>57412975
Pretty sure Baral is banned in 1v1 commander, so that helps narrow your choices.
>>
>>57413016
I thought only Poly was banned let me check real quick
>>
>>57412981
Cyclonic is an instant speed mono-U one sided Planar Cleansing.
Considering that everyone is going to have to discard down to 7 on their next turn, and is vastly unlikely to have the mana to re-play all that you bounced.
Not only that, but you still have your board, and thus have far more resources and can just counter anything they do try to re-play.
Plus, U is usually all about comboing out, while maintaining absolute control until they do so. The main way to prevent that is to aggro them out, but Rift is a get out of jail free card that they can just play on the person before their turn's end step and still have all their resources available while everyone else gets reset.

It's basically an Avacyn + Cleansing for far less mana and at instant speed, in the color that can easily counter anyone else trying to stop it.
>>
>>57413016
no he isn't on the french banlist so i can play him no problem
>>
>>57411888
>>57412497
Proxies are such a hot button topic around here these days that the very word gives people tunnel vision.

Our group doesn't mind reasonable proxies in general but encourages gold borders where applicable because it tends to keep people from going out of control with proxies.
I love them cause they're cheap(er) than cards I need to keep up with the power level of other, higher budget players in my area.
>>
>>57413072
I agree it would be better if it bounced your stuff too.
>>
>>57413072
Cyclonic Rift is overpowered but you're stupid if you claim it's equal to a one-sided Planar Cleansing.
>>
>>57412705
I'd say Neheb because that boi is hungry for cards to play out of hand.
Edgar also but less starved for card draw overall thanks to black; Melek and Xenagos should be fine without it.
>>
>>57412493
>dual lands are the prime example of a card that raises the raw power level of a deck but doesn't actually have any other real impact.

The closest scenario I can think of is that I bought a Taiga as a gift for my brother because he plays Valakut in his Borborygmos deck. It very marginally improves the deck's ability to close the game sometimes. If the only reason you're using it is mana fixing though, that's a bit much.
>>
>>57413101
>destroy all non-lands you don't control
>for 5WWW + 3WWW, both at sorcery speed
vs
>bounce all non-lands you don't control
>for 6U at instant speed
>those players try to re-play things, you counter the worst things, go to graveyard anyway
>then they have to discard down to 7, thus goes to graveyard anyway
>>
>>57413072
>>57413092
if it just wasnt instant i wouldnt mind rift. thats the part that puts it over the top imo
>>
>>57412975
plz help i always win through politics
>>
>>57400053
Why the FUCK wasn't he Bant? Standard Merfolk are trash, at least throw us a bone with a decent commander
>>
>>57413402
Yea, if it was Sorcery only and the overload cost was triple blue instead of only a single U, would be much more bearable of a card.
>>
File: shaperssanctuary.full.jpg (107 KB, 245x350)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
I'm of two minds about this card in edh
If you go wide, there will be wrath (notarget)
If you go fatties, why aren't they hexproof

In which scenario is this card okay?
>>
>>57413435
Standard everything is trash until Kaladesh rotates out, it's for block and future standards to be able to play Simic merfolk and not choke on their own mana bases.
>>
>>57413545
It's not very good in EDH, it's not meant to be.
It's good in modern and standard.
>>
File: Smashysmashrobot.jpg (154 KB, 768x432)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>57413578
>Standard everything is trash until Kaladesh rotates out
Excuse me, but Pummeler is the most fun standard deck in years.
>>
>>57413671
>one deck standard is the most fun standard in years
???
>>
File: DS Matte Jet.png (774 KB, 1080x600)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
Does anyone know the difference between normal DS Matte blacks and pic? Is it like a slightly different formula?
>>
>>57413746
The Jet's have little silvery speckles on them. I like them, they look pretty good IRL.
>>
>>57413746
It has almost a silvery sheen to it, almost a shiny black.

Black is just black, and is more dull. Without something to compare it to most people would just call both "black"
>>
>>57411906
Should I get it anyway? I'd be buying it for the same price (a bit under 50 bucks), but it seemed like it was full of unplayable fatties and the commander looked boring. What cool Staples does it have?
>>
>>57413985
Magus of the Wheel, Grasp of Fate, Inferno Titan, Sun Titan, Vandalblast, Warstorm Surge, Aura of Silence.
>>
What does a general Newzuri manabase look like? How many basics, taplands, utilities, ect?
>>
>>57413985
>>57414077
Anon forgot the two most important ones: Fiery Confluence and Urza's Incubator. They're worth half the deck all by their own.
>>
>>57413985
>>57414077
Fiery Confluence, Urza's Incubator, Blade of Selves, Thought Vessel, and Gisela are pretty significant too.
>>
File: 1504501952507.jpg (133 KB, 444x453)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>hadn't had spare money to buy Rings of Brighthearth, OG Kozilek, Phyrexian Obliterator and some others from LGS
>nobody seems interested in buying them
>decide I will pick them up later, a bit worried that someone else would and I'd have to order mine, but who knows, maybe they'll get reprinted
>they aren't, and all have gone up to my psychological limit of spending on a single card
>cards are still at LGS
Do I just bite the bullet and buy them until they've grown even more?

At least now I can afford a set of Praetors and Kokusho without going on a limb
>>
/EDH/, I need some advice.

I just added Etali to my Grenzo Infinite Combat deck, and he's a damn house. Absolutely fantastic and a constant source of value. So much value that I've considered swapping him in as my commander.

Anyone feel like helping me compare the two from a pure stats and utility perspective?
>>
>>57414077
Just FYI Vandalblast is in the U/R deck, not R/W
>>
>>57414248
I am in your position anon. Shit like Vampiric Tutor keep climbing and I just can't buy a 40 dollar card.
>>
>>57414248
I wouldn't bet on rings or OG kozilek getting a reprint anytime soon. Koz because there are two different versions of him and he is legendary.

Rings was reprinted as an invention a year ago, so you are probably shit out of luck, and it has a setting specific name too.

You might get the others in M25 or nuDominaria. But I would honestly bite the bullet and grab them.
>>
>>57413212
>those players try to re-play things, you counter the worst things, go to graveyard anyway
>then they have to discard down to 7, thus goes to graveyard anyway
You won't counter 3 other players simultaneously
You don't hit lands so green timmy that ramped hard can play out his hand again
New ETBs being triggered could be more detrimental than beneficial
Players that had already played out most of their hand and were low on card draw don't have to discard anything
etc.

It's really not the same at all. Are you playing in a battlecruiser meta where every game is stalemate until everyone has 20+ non-land permanents on board?
>>
>>57414400
>Rings was reprinted as an invention a year ago
Not to give anon false hope, but that didn't stop IoK in Conspiracy 2.
>>
>>57414400
>Rings was reprinted as an invention a year ago, so you are probably shit out of luck
Consecrated Sphinx masterpiece and Iconic Masters reprint though
>>
File: guild.jpg (33 KB, 223x310)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>57398391
Used to run it only in a RG big boys deck, but now if my deck has red and has creatures this is included. Everyone at the table always gets a kick out of the flavor of the card.
>>
>>57414273
It also costs 50 cents instead of 20 euros like the Confluence
>>
What are some good counters to Animar in GW?
>>
File: false.gif (449 KB, 600x850)
449 KB
449 KB GIF
>>57415151
>>
>>57415151
solemnity
>>
>>57414641
That was really fucking weird when it happened.
>>
>>57415201
I love this gif so much

>>57415211
Already had this in consideration. It's a great card all around.
>>
>>57415338
>I love this gif so much
post a card you like and i'll give it the same treatment
>>
>>57415413
I don't even know what card I would have you do. I think it just works really well with False Prophet.
>>
>>57415488
well if anybody wants me to animate a card just post it here and i'll get to it eventually
>>
>want unstable lands
>they average around 3 dollars on tcgplayer
>don't want to spend 66 dollars for 22 basic lands
>>
>>57414804
Looks okay for Feldon, or am I mistaken?
>>
File: ttgGGcu.png (1.15 MB, 1200x877)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
If I hate my play group should I make this guy?
>>
>>57415674
No, play this sadistic fuck.
>>
>>57415519
I'd like to see an animated Saffi Eriksdotter
>>
>>57398997
Yeah, email a fellow NLfag: sansself@hotmail.com
>>
File: 75.jpg (62 KB, 312x445)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>Thread Question
Eater of Hope is so awesome to me. That flavor, those mechanics, dat flavortext. Truely GOAT. I really wish it cost one mana less...

>>57415413
Could you possibly animate this? If not, then I'd be fine with the regular version
>>
>>57416384
It would still be a bad card at 6
Would need a free sac to regenerate and 1b sacrifice 1 creature destroy target creature
The costs are way too fucking steep
>>
>>57416384
it make mad that wizards keep trying to shove this in commander precons
>>
>>57414248
Wait to see what gets printed in master 25
If no obliterator reprint just buy it, the card is fucking sweet, I got a play set back when they were only 27$ each
>>
>>57415674
>Purphoros
get out
>>
>>57414248
just proxy them my dude
>>
>>57414248
Why would anyone want an Obliterator?
>>
>>57415413
My main man please! It's Preacher >>57402728
>>
File: saffi.gif (885 KB, 672x936)
885 KB
885 KB GIF
>>57415991
sure

>>57416384
i'll save it for later
>>
>>57417060
It looks scary.
>>
>>57415991
What’s the story behind this?
>>
File: ice-252-lhurgoyf.jpg (266 KB, 672x936)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>57417367
it's a reference to lhyrgoyf
>>
>>57417418
So goyfs can talk?
>>
Where do you go to sell cards that you can't use in EDH?
Cards lose tons of value when they cycle out of Standard, so I'm looking to sell some things like a Rhonas and the Ixalan duals (just some examples)
>>
>>57417060
Because it's cool as shit.
>>
>>57417324
Cool, thanks anon.
>>
>>57417060
Centerpiece in a horror tribal
>>
>>57418232
Most card shops will buy cards, either for cash or for a bit more in store credit.
But for best value in cash, online is likely your best shot. Shops pay as low as they can in cash so they can make a good profit.
>>
I think I fell into an alternate reality. Last night I debuted my Nekusar-wheels deck with my casual play group, and they unanimously said that my Nekusar was their favourite deck to play against. They specifically kept wanting to 1v1 it and keep me on it all night.

What the actual fuck? I thought I'd get resistance.
>>
>>57418232
i just use the TCGplayer global buy list. im way too lazy to actually sell shit individually and some money is better than nothing
>>
>>57419124
>>57419124
>>57419124

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.