[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Conversion Chart.jpg (63 KB, 701x360)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Funny dice edition

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous: >>57402643

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>https://pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

Legion AT-ST preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/

What dice roller do you all prefer for running FFG Star Wars online, if you do?
>>
File: Ultimate Quickdraw.png (60 KB, 1109x438)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>57414708
Pic related is the Final Form of TIE/SF builds.

It has Alpha-strike capability, late-game capability, it can arc dodge, it can joust, it has cool tricks, it's self-sufficient.

It leaves you with 60 points to build the rest of your Squad.

What goes best with it?

I'm torn between

- 2x Delta Squadron TIE Defenders with TIE/x7 and Mk2 engines

and

- 3x Omega Squadron TIE/fo with Crack Shot and Advanced Optics.

What are your thoughts /tg/?
>>
Sheev, Anakin, Obi-wan, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, and Yoda get together for the weekly gaming session.

Sheev wants to continue the EotE campaign, but the others are sick of his "I am MAKING it legal!" DMing style. Mace is still arguing with Obi-wan over "Qui-gon did it, I thought it was normal!" as Obi-wan's excuse for using the force to manipulate a roll in X-Wing, Ahsoka is pouring all her focus into sneaking more vodka into Anakin's drink without his noticing and Yoda just keeps trying to pester Mace to hook him up with some space-weed. That leaves Anakin to pick the game, and he suggest Legion as if it was something that just popped into his head. Secretly, he built an incredibly janky combo list a week ago and has thought about nothing else in the interim.
>>
File: 1492235327417.jpg (417 KB, 607x1798)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
Xth for Katarn

>>57414777
FO's for more Crack

Might wanna trade Optics for Comm Relays if you can spare 3 points
>>
File: Kyle.jpg (80 KB, 1232x600)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>57414708
Still miss Kyle.
>>
So my players are going to learn soon that an ISB agent has caught whiff of their trail and they'll probably want to stop him./ but how secretive would his base of operations be? and how would you track down an ISB agent if you needed to? I need a bone to throw the players if they hit a wall on the plan to find this guy.

>>57414777
More ships is generally stronger I would say.

>>57414708
>What dice roller do you all prefer for running FFG Star Wars online, if you do?
Roll20 is really good for running the FFG game, but I lucked out and was able to mooch off a friend when I made my room. So that being a viable option for you may be different.
>>
>>57414944
I actually put thought into this- If you outnumber your opponent, Optics is more useful, since you can expect to have a potential use for that token each turn. If your opponent outnumbers you, Comms is potentially more useful, as it acts as pseudo-regen.

Since those TIE/FO are going to outnumber most stuff, I'd be choosing Optics over Comms.

I'm not sure if I should go Delta for the late game though, as opposed to going all Frontloaded damage, especially since you can't block a Delta if you didn't just eat a shot from one.
>>
>>57414934
have any legion squadbuilders came out yet?

I'm probably going to get the following-

- Core
- Speeder Bike expansion
- Trooper expansion
- 2x Snowtrooper expansion
- AT-ST expansion
- Veers expansion

Or is there no unique content to the Stormtrooper and Scout bike boxes? (making it easier to buy partitioned cores)

I'm definitely going all empire.
>>
>>57414978
My counterpoint on ship count is that while it seems like it would be better against conventional lists, against lists that utilize large quantities of Bombs, the lower health and increased model count of the TIE/FO seems like it would be very detrimental.

Or is the Super-Quickdraw good enough to scare off all of the Nym and Miranda?
>>
>>57414966
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>57415087
Odds are you can kill Nym or Miranda before they become too much of a problem
>>
File: ohaimark.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>57414966
Threadly reminder that Rey is a Mary Sue and Mark Hamill is dead inside forever.
>>
>>57414708
can that pic be in decent resolution?
thanks!
>>
File: file.png (554 KB, 852x556)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>57415240
>>
File: cockpit interior.jpg (131 KB, 1680x1050)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>57415200
I guess it's settled then, I'll try out the 3 Omegas and QD next-

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good screencap of the inside of the Silencer's cockpit, looking out?

This is all I could find- I'm trying to print a full-art Advanced Optics card, but I'd need a larger shot to make it look good.
>>
>>57415059
You get Grappling Hooks and Comms Jammer, respectively. (Although strictly speaking we don't *exactly* know which upgrades are in the core set, there's still some unaccounted for.) But that's it.
>>
>>57415416
don't grappling hooks come in something else as well?

I'm probably going to buy just the empire stuff and go complete collection-

Will Stormtrooper spam be a workable list? I'm thinking something like 3 squads of troopers, an ATST, and 2 scout bike squads would work well.
>>
File: 200w.gif (984 KB, 200x150)
984 KB
984 KB GIF
Talk about cards reminded me

I heard someone was making meme art carts, may I make a few suggestions?

First is an image of pic related for Omega Leader with the pilot ability text "Can't mod that"
>>
File: Omega Leader Front.jpg (636 KB, 739x1040)
636 KB
636 KB JPG
>>57415562
That's me-

Omega leader Lockdown? Is it better than Movie Still Lockdown though?

Actually, this is a general rule for these threads-

Post an image and the style of card you want (FFG standard, FFG expanded art, all-art, or something specific (such as all-text Fenn Rau) along with any text you need changed, and I'll make a card.

If you send me a non-animated file, I can crank out MC Hammer Lockdown pretty fast.
>>
>>57415229
Dont worry they'll bring him back in six or seven years (even if Mark the actor is dead). And we can all ignore JJ wars and pretend it was a bad dream.
>>
File: stork.png (3.9 MB, 2148x949)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB PNG
you see, when a mummy Y-wing and a Daddy Y-wing love each other very much...
>>
File: Resistance Bombers.jpg (158 KB, 1119x497)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Did these resistance bombers appear in any sequel era NuEU fiction?
>>
>>57415814
Not that I'm aware, if they had had those the strike on the dreadnought would have gone way smoother
>>
>>57415059
Starting with just
-Core
-T-47 Landspeeder
-AT-ST
-General Veers

for now anyway. Mostly just picking up Veers to paint and try my hand at a snow base which I've not done before. I don't want to overload myself with units because I have a tendency to get overwhelmed with painting projects. Still got a few random minis and half of one of me new Guild Ball teams to finish.

Also I'm not sure what to grab since I haven't seen hardly any solid numbers anywhere for force building. And do the extra packs of troopers/bikes/etc come with more upgrades that aren't in the core box? Seems like a FFG thing to do
>>
File: mchammerpic.jpg (13 KB, 287x430)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>57415623
>>
>>57416062
to clarify on what I would need to make a card.

I would need

- Art that is at least 300 DPI for the intended format, 400 DPI preferred. (a pilot card is 3.5" by 2.5", an upgrade is 1.625" by 2.5")

- You to specify which card design would work best for the card requested.
>>
File: 1513953032715.jpg (28 KB, 509x492)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>57415623
>>57416062
Another idea I had was the normal version of this pic for Kylo Ren Silencer and the Max Swolo version for the Upsilon pilot
>>
>>57416147
Alright will keep that in mind
>>
File: Ben Swolo Front.PNG.png (1.3 MB, 1000x1400)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>57416158
Too late, I already did this.

This card will be at Krayt Cup, alongside the other 4 Kylo meme cards.
>>
>>57416028
>>57415059

Legion kits seem to be pretty self-sufficient. Bikes and AT-ST both come with their own set of Comms Jammer and Long-Range Comms, for instance. Snowtroopers and Stormtroopers both have Impact grenades and Grappling hooks for instance. But the Speeder Bikes also have an unrevealed Comms upgrade, and we don't know if the AT-ST pilot will be specific to it or not, etc.

The individual trooper kits do seem to have different stuff from the core.
>>
Thrawn's Revenge 2.2 coming end of March,

Fuck yeah, can't wait (even if ground battles are shit)
>>
File: Deal with it, Mark.gif (1.52 MB, 400x255)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB GIF
>>57415229
Oh hi, Mark. Can I direct the next movie?
>>
File: rebelsquads.png (1.01 MB, 855x442)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>57415524
>don't grappling hooks come in something else as well?
All three trooper boxes so far (storm/rebel/snow). And like another anon pointed out, there's also a grenade upgrade, which I forgot (core set includes some second type of grenade).

>Will Stormtrooper spam be a workable list? I'm thinking something like 3 squads of troopers, an ATST, and 2 scout bike squads would work well.
It's waaay too early for me to try to give list-building advice. I'm at least semi-competent at Armada (top 8 at regional), but I've yet to even play Legion.

All I can say is that 3 squads of troopers is the *legal minimum* (max of 6), and between extra bodies (10-11 points) and heavy weapons (20-30 points) there's a lot of different ways to field troopers. But with the suppression system and losing actions and objectives and etc etc... until we get some table time in, who knows?

>>57416028
>>57415059
Here's the only list builder I know of so far, incidentally:
>http://tabletopadmiral.com/legion/
>>
>>57416352
I really like the mod, even though the enemy AI is a pain in the ass most of the time and some of the unit design choices are pretty weird. What's gonna be new?
>>
>>57416478

Double-checked the Wiki, trooper expansions have Impact Grenades, I think the core has Concussion Grenades but I don't think we have clean shots of the difference.
>>
I'm planning on having the party serve as scouts for a newly-formed Rebel Alliance. It'll start with simple missions and slowly gravitate towards them hunting down a Mandalorian Wars-era Old Republic fleet to refit for the Rebellion as well as race against the Empire in taking command of an old CIS fleet and its massive complement of B1 and B2 battle droids.

Right now, I'm looking at a smuggler who's wanted by a Hutt based on Nar Shadaa, a consular who discovered and trained themselves using an old library of Count Dooku's that survived the Clone Wars, a former Imperial engineer who is having some issues killing his former comrades, a bounty hunter(the smuggler's sister) who is just trying to keep her brother alive and an ace who's just there to fly the ship but secretly wishes she could get into more firefights.

My intent is to follow the OT story until Hoth and when Luke goes to Dagobah, that's when the consular feels something calling out to them as the Rebels flee. Enter the Old Republic fleet and an ancient, destroyed lightsaber whose crystal is calling out to the consular so they finally get a lightsaber.

Story changes. Now, the Rebellion has a sizeable fleet with multiple Victory II-tier capital ships. Not an amazing one but a decent one and they realize, holy shit. There's a bunch of old ass fleets just chilling in space since the end of the Clone Wars. Why not take them, refit them and use them against the Empire? Why not reactive those droid armies and put them to use against Stormtroopers?

Guess who gets called up to track those fleets down?

Anybody see issues with this that I'm not?
>>
>>57416621
As long as you're prepared for the possibility that your campaign will turn into fleet battle from Gurren Lagann (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYFC2NSahg), seems like a fun time.
>>
File: SheWasntAGoodFriend.jpg (200 KB, 616x1296)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>
Lots of ship to ship combat. I've planned for a Raider to discover them with the Old Republic ships and they're going to be in command of a Hammerhead, three Foray blockade runners and ~50 Aerok class starfighters, one of which the Ace will be piloting, when they fight the Imps for control of the CIS fleet.
>>
>>57416745
>prequels get a free pass
>>
>>57416761
was meant for
>>57416676
>>
>>57416768
Fuck off Reddit Letter Media
>>
>>57416937
>someone talking about sequels
>somebody whatabouts muh prequels
is one thing

>disney ruined our beloved characters and removed hope for new films
is another thing

Vader was reduced to an angsty teenager and Yoda started backflipping and playing pong with lightning dragonball z style, lots of things from the OT were retconned or made nonsensical, and at no point following the premier of phantom menace was there a single day of hope for the future of the franchise
>>
>>57416745
Nothing you can do will change what's happened. Move on.
>>
>>57416990
>at no point following the premiere of TPM was there a single day of hope for the future of the franchise

Do you have any evidence or are you just going to shit yourself and scream about MUH PREQUELS WERE SHIT like a brainlet ledditor?

>>57417005
Jog on mouseboy
>>
>>57416990
Then why are you here?
>>
>>57417035
Is this the part where you try to convince us that the "world building" of turning the Jedi Order into monolithic order of moronic celibates that have their head office within viewing distance of the senate building and lead it's armies into battle thus making the idea that they were somehow forgotten and made into myth in ~20 years utterly ridiculous.
>>
>>57416990
Vader wasn't in the prequels dumbass. What part of "Anakin was weak, so I killed him" don't you understand?
Why wouldn't Yoda a noted Jedi Master not know how to fight? So what if he flips how else does a 3 foot being fight against normal sized humanoids?
>>
>>57417035
Literally nothing you can do will change the direction it's headed. You're powerless and you know that. You can keep complaining as a coping mechanism, or you can toughen up and scour through all things Star Wars to come up with a fun campaign or character.
>>
>>57417086
>Tatooine is in the outer rim and Jedi rarely visited that part of the Galaxy.
>At their height Jedi were only 10000 strong in a Galaxy full of countless quadrillions.
>Jedi were secretive and never did interviews/news casts
>>
>>57417099
Yoda should be above direct fighting, not even needing a lightsaber, similar to how the emperor needed none in return
>>
>>57417165
That's your head canon. A lightsaber is the weapon of the Jedi and a symbol of their station. He should know how to use one.
>>
>>57417165
But palps also uses a lightsaber in the PT.
>>
File: look up stay alive.jpg (264 KB, 984x1500)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>57417099
>how else does a 3 foot being fight against normal sized humanoids?
In the woods, with logs and sharp sticks!
>>
>>57417165
>>57417215
You are absolutely right! Yoda was a good space wizard and The Emperor was an evil space wizard. In the PT they should have used new and different kinds of force spells. Like Yoda could control plants and the weather while The Emperor evoked lightning and fire.
>>
>>57417229
[yub nub intensifies]
>>
>>57417131
yeah yeah mouseboy go drink your green milk
>>
File: 1515794829397.gif (1.6 MB, 540x319)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
>>57416990
>>57417035
>>57417305
Fuck off nu-canon has been great with the exception of TFA and R1. TLJ is easily in the top 3 SW films and is great addition to the franchise. It added mysticism back to the force and showed even heroes can fall but still be redeemed. It also shows that the force isn't restricted to certain bloodlines and anyone can be powerful in the force.
>>
>>57417386
>TLJ is easily in the top 3 SW films and is great addition to the franchise

i actually don't think TLJ was utterly irredeemable but you still tried too fucking hard here dude lol
>>
>>57417305
You sit here being mad at garbage, and fully aware that you can't do anything to change it. But you'll complain anyway because it's how you cope. Learn to move on and you will be happier.
>>
>>57417410
1. ANH
2. ESB
3. TLJ
4. RotJ
5. TFA
6. RotS
7. TPM
8. R1
9. AOTC
>>
>>57417449
uh huh yeah whatever. your milk's getting warm.
>>
>>57417386
Anon, is time to stop baiting.

Also, guys, apart of jedi do you let players to use light sabers.
>>
>>57417470
ESB > ANH > ROTJ
There are not other Star Wars movies
>>
>>57417479
Han could use Luke's in ESB.
>>
>>57417497

A rigid mind breaks when it should bend.
>>
OT Luke wouldn't want you to behave like this, anons. Don't let him down.
>>
>>57417386
50 cents have been deposited in your account.
>>
>>57417470
ANH > ESB > RotJ > R1 > RotS > TFA > TPM > TLJ > AotC
>>
File: 1514943795666.png (115 KB, 1080x809)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>57417479
>>57417538
Oh fuck off eutist. Even Pablo who was critical of TFA loved TLJ.
>>
>>57417518
But I don't hate the Sequels, I simply don't care about them. They have aported nothing of interest to the SW universe.
Old EU can half its faults, but I'm finding it wasn't that bad as other anons said (here or in /co/), Dark Empire was great for example.
>>
>>57417386
The nucanon demonstrates to us that democracy is a corrupt, weak and illegitimate form of government.
>>
TPM > AOTC > ROTS > R1 > ANH > ESB > ROTJ > TFA > TLJ
>>
>>57417576
Anon, is time to stop posting. Let it go.
>>
File: Absolutely Halal.jpg (8 KB, 248x250)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>57417600
>>
>>57417600
This guy gets it
>>
File: 1488595948629.jpg (749 KB, 1200x1200)
749 KB
749 KB JPG
First time AoR GM here. I've run one FaD and two EotE campaigns, one of them was my introduction to the system and the other was a oneshot and the third was never finished, so I'm pretty inexperienced.

What are some unique ideas for an Imperial campaign set just after the Battle of Yavin? Assuming EU canon here sans stupid shit.
>>
>>57417633
Have it be about hitting the Rebels back hard for the Death Star. Perhaps culminating in having a hand in the Empire finding out about Echo Base on Hoth?
>>
File: he.jpg (85 KB, 530x530)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>57417576
>R1 not dead last tied with TLJ
>TFA better than AotC
>TLJ not dead last tied with R1
>TLJ above 3, 6, 1, and 2
>>
File: 1515889140586.jpg (510 KB, 1041x1600)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>>57417633
Stop playing as the bad guys for one. AoR isn't built around that mode of play
>>
File: chuckling sheev.gif (2.47 MB, 550x220)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB GIF
>>57417518
It's much too late for that. Look at the power it brings them, the hate flows like a mighty river. All it took was one mediocre experience and they rushed towards the true power of the Dark Side.
>>
>>57417633
They have to exterminate a rebel cell in some jungle planet. But something in the planet is way, way worse than the rebels. Perhaps they will have to team up with the rebel scum to survive.
>>
File: 1510945319766.png (80 KB, 272x199)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>57417666
>the bad guys
>>
>>57417633
Skip forward in time until Operation Cinder. Then have other imperials burn the player's homeworld, and the players defect.
>>
>>57417714
Don't start
>>57417715
This is acceptable
>>
>Legion looks fun as fuck
>probably going to take forever before they get away from OT stuff

I just really want to field Grievous and Dooku with a fuckhuge droid army
>>
>>57417714
Satan's right. Empire is still the bad guys.
>>
>>57417658
Yeah, my loose starting concept was "Fuck guys we gotta strike back". Helping locate Hoth, or maybe hindering reinforcements that were supposed to go there, that sort of stuff could definitely work!

>>57417683
This too. I've always wanted SpaceNam.

>>57417715
EU canon only, my man.
>>
File: y8Ea8jB.gif (1.14 MB, 480x358)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>57417666
>>57417714
>>57417734
>>57417752
>>
>>57417666
Oh this subject, how would you do an Empire FaD campaign? A group of Imperial Inquisitors?
>>
>>57417755
>EU canon only, my man.
...How much EU we're talking about here?
>>
>>57416250
Where is the Krayt Cup

how do I get in so I can get this card
>>
>>57417836
Yuuzhan Vong and everything, my man.
>>
File: brian-matyas-16b.jpg (291 KB, 1920x960)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>57417836
He said it already mang, the good bits, the most silly/bad bits can be eliminated.
>>
>>57417854
why would you do that
do you hate your players or something
>>
File: 1515557914912.gif (3.72 MB, 456x181)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB GIF
>>57417785
Please don't use based Michael Jordan to shitpost.
>>57417803
As they grow in the power of the Darkside they inevitably begin to backstab and kill each other until only one is left. Than he dies to a real jedi.
>>
>>57417836
>>57417854
>>57417871
>>57417876
Basically
>the good bits, the most silly/bad bits can be eliminated.
that. Stupid stuff's gone, good stuff's in.
>>
>>57416768
>prequels get forgotten

FTFY
>>
>>57417895
Using Michael Jordan to respond to shitposters is not shitposting in and of itself.
>>
>>57417803
I ran a game about a group of Inquisitors, it's totally do-able, there's even rules for playing dark siders. My PC's were Inqs in training, set out on their first assignment to investigate rumors of force users, and kill or apprehend them. Generally they played them as being pretty conflicted about what they were doing, sometimes justifying it bust mostly sticking to the line of "Peace and justice" and all that - not like they knew the Jedi didn't betray them.
One player got into a drawn out fight with a Jedi, eventually resulting in the Jedi healing him up because it's what Jedi do, and lost his faith in the Inquisition, which led to some PC on PC violence in the last session, which was more a battle of words than weapons.

We also had a guy who's usually a moralfag who decided that playing the bad guys meant being stupid evil. He was the sort of guy that was always threatening to choke bitches and the like.

Overall it wasn't anything astounding, but it was fun for being something different and had me GMing investigative gameplay, so it was a chance for me to try my hand at something new at least.
>>
>>57417803
A bunch of Imperial Inquisitors. The Empire makes the choice on behalf of the players to start with dark side alignment instead of money or XP at character creation. All of the players are encouraged to make characters that are edgy and dark in an amusing way.

The sessions consist of the party being sent to chase reports of jedi sightings, of various levels of credibility. Life inside the inquisition is terrible, and any time there is a time skip between missions each player is required to tell how the inquisition mistreats their character.

While out on missions the characters get to boss around other Imperials and chase various leads. But be careful: if you seem too competent you are a threat to be eliminated. So any time you are in danger of actually capturing some lost jedi padawan make sure you have an excuse, such as "he really was kind of a pussy", or "we all ganged up on him at once!" It really is probably the safest choice for you to be left standing on a starport landing pad, shaking your fist at the rear lights of an escaping ship carrying your quarry.

A game of Paranoia set in the Star Wars universe, coated with an amusing layer of self aware edginess (mostly handled by players themselves).
>>
>>57417518
OT Luke is gone though, and ST Luke would say "shit's fucked forever, find an island and brood about it". /swg/ is that island.
>>
>>57417951
I mean, the Jedi DID technically betray the Republic.

And Jedi aren't going to be battlefield healing Sith either. Don't forget that even back when they weren't as bad as they were in the PT they had no qualms with genociding every Sith in existence a few thousand years prior.

I hate knocking other peoples' tastes but I feel like too many FaD campaigns on Dark side users fall into the "oh no we're actually evil" stuff that the latest Battleflop did.
>>
>>57418007
>and ST Luke would say "shit's fucked forever, find an island and brood about it"
I think you missed the part of the movie where a muppet turned up and reminded him that shit was not in fact fucked up forever. Once you hit rock bottom, the only direction you have left to go is up.
>>
>>57418049
If only Yoda had reminded him to get on the Falcon a little bit earlier. Then he would not have had to die of exhaustion.
>>
Has anyone tried the Resistance Bomber yet? I'm thinking Jan/Roark/both might be good with it
>>
>>57417576
50 cents have been deposited in your account.
>>
>>57418073
>Not coming back as a Force Ghost
>Not attacking the knowledge
>Not spooking Ben constantly
>Not having sick ghost parties
>Not tricking Ben with the shrinking thing
>>
>>57418073
Yeah, then he could have been blasted into vapor and then the resistance dies because they don't have anyone to stall for time. As far as deaths go, transcending into a luminous being while contemplating the binary sunset P O T T E R Y is a pretty good one.
>>
>>57418073
Hahaha so fucking true.
>>
>>57418156
>Not tricking Ben with the shrinking thing
Ben doesn't even have knockoff Sheev to pester about it.
Ben's going to lose his goddamn mind.
>>
>>57418162
Well since Ben wasn't surprised that Luke survived the bombardment Luke could have probably force shielded the blast or even better he could have force projected from the falcon instead of all the way at ach-to.
>>
>>57418156
>Not giving ghost blowjobs

Woo-woo!
>>
>>57418073
That's like saying "If only Obi-Wan could have retreated a bit earlier, he would have been alive for the rest of the OT."
>>
>>57418203
Kylo wasn't surprised because he's fucking terrified of his former master and has no idea of his capabilities. Luke going and getting himself wrekt would have given Kylo confidence instead of making him a nervous, paranoid wreck.
>>
>>57418156
>>57418196
>Luke keeps subtly moving things when Ben isn't looking
>Luke convinces everyone else to get in on the action
>Yoda keeps hitting Ben on the back of the head and disappearing
>Obi-Wan messes with his lightsaber settings
>Annie just leaves sand fucking everywhere
>>
>>57418244
Obi-Wan didn't plan on confronting Vader.
>>
>>57418089
Something like this

Firepower of this Magnitude (100)

"Crimson Leader" (35) - B/SF-17 Bomber
Fire Control System (2), Bomblet Generator (3), Deflective Plating (1)

Jan Ors (36) - HWK-290
Swarm Tactics (2), Twin Laser Turret (6), Inspiring Recruit (1), Pulsed Ray Shield (2)

Roark Garnet (29) - HWK-290
Twin Laser Turret (6), Sabine Wren (2), Pulsed Ray Shield (2)
>>
>>57418313
Fuck off idiot you don't know more about Star Wars than me
>>
>>57418156
>>57418303
>Kylo keeps confronting security footage
>"I know it's there, it keeps happening!"
>Luke moves his stuff back so it looks like nothing's happening
>Kylo keeps getting weird looks from everyone every time he triple-checks his saber settings or adjusts his bedsheets or something
>Kylo gets weirder looks when he starts photographing everything to try and convince people
>All the ghosts have stopped actually doing anything, just watching Kylo freak out every time the wind moves something
>>
>>57418313
From a certain point of view
>>
>>57418156
>>57418303
>>57418372
Trolling Force Ghosts will never get old.
>>
File: Going somewhere green.jpg (37 KB, 640x417)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>57418007
>/swg/ is that island.
We're just here for the green milk

Also raises the question about blue milk and where that comes from
>>
>>57418372

>Hux loudly mocks Kylo for being afraid of ghosts
>Luke & Co. exchange silent nods with one another
>>
>>57418461
>Also raises the question about blue milk and where that comes from

isn't it just bantha milk?
>>
File: LandoBlueMilk-SWGTCG.jpg (49 KB, 266x226)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>57418461

>where that comes from

It's Bantha milk.
>>
Oh good, I was worried it came from Beru
>>
>>57418203
>Well since Ben wasn't surprised that Luke survived the bombardment
Pretty sure he was. He sat down once Hux called off the bombardment, and when the pilot went "Sir." he was right back up to look out the window.
>or even better he could have force projected from the falcon instead of all the way at ach-to
Which completely kills the impact of the scene when it cuts from ben impaling the projection to Luke meditating so hard he's floating at the seat of power on ach-to.
>>
>>57418599
>Oh good, I was worried it came from Beru

Should we tell him?
>>
>>57417734
>Don't start

Shutup faggot.
>>
>>57418612
I would rather the latter than Luke dying because he was a stubborn coward. Better yet just have him do the Ach-to projection and not die.
>>
>>57418493
>First Order ends up collapsing in on itself due to Jedi hauntings
>>
File: urk.png (374 KB, 680x643)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>57418621
I've been living with a 2ft tall milk monster for the last year or so, nothing scares me.

Except the wolf-man in the cantina, that scared the shit out of me
>>
File: dohohoho ghosts.jpg (83 KB, 853x461)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>57418372
>They keep heckling him when nobody's around
>They also keep heckling him when everybody's around
>"You know, Kylo, that wasn't half bad!"
>"Yeah, it was all bad!"
>"DOHOHOHOHO"
>>
File: CSN12qHXAAAWX41.jpg (22 KB, 500x231)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>57418919
>Hux suddenly gets bodyslammed by an unseen force
>"OOOOHHHH YEEEEEEAH"
>>
>>57418948
>SW Christmas special
>Force ghosts of Life Day past, present and future
>>
>>57418919
>"That was some fancy flying, Ben. Only 2 more Death Stars to go! You're welcome, by the by."
>"Ben, your grandfather and I were good friends. I don't suppose you know what those are."
>"Big, your torso is; to the rest of your anatomy, apply this does not. But do not have apprehension; size matters not, hmm?"
>>
>>57417633
I always figured the Imperials would have had to have covered up the Death Star destruction. Might be cool to have your players as a multi-agency group hunting down journalists and agitators on Coruscant; a former clone, ISB agent, couple stormtroopers, depends who your PC's are.
>>
>>57418313
Escape was not his plan.
>>
>>57419176
I doubt it. The Death Star was a huge project, and it was't kept THAT big of a secret. The main concern was Rebels.

After it was blown up it was used as a recruiting message if anything. A lot of dudes died on it, meaning a lot of grieving families and friends, so just like with the Alliance propagandizing Alderaan the Empire propagandized the Death Star to get people to fight.

Makes sense too. Remember that the edgy name of "Death Star" wasn't its actual name, but a codename based off its designation DS-1, which is what the common folk knew it as.
>>
>>57414708
Just wanted to say thank you to the people that suggested me to look into Dawn of Defiance, when I came here asking for "full" SW adventures.

Our 6man group is going well, at this pace we'll be running hot for another year or so before we're through with the campaign. A lot of entertaining ad-hoc sidepaths.

I wonder if there's other similar RPG material for SW, anything larger than "1 mission: the end" is applicable.
I'm taking suggestions.
Thanks again guys, it sounds small but our group really REALLY hate the new "movies" and DoD revitatilized 30+ years of fandom. You gifted us the best combo of RPG experience and nostalgia ever.
>>
>>57419253
Maybe not before it's use, but it was top secret as hell before Alderan. R1 pushed that hard about they had to keep the senate from knowing.
>>
>>57419253
No, it was definitely named the Death Star. The DS-1 orbital battle station was the name of it's type, not the name of the base itself.
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (9 KB, 250x268)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>57419233
>>
>>57419371

Is it bad that I've based the ISB agent currently chasing by EotE group on CIA?
>>
>>57419304
DS-1 was its design schematic. Death Star was its codename. Basically how Soviet docs for example used "Kuzma's mother" for a few of their projects, like their fuckhuge nuke that was known in public as the RDS-220.
>>
>>57419464
Only because I couldn't get away with it in my group.
>>
>>57419253
I don't know, man. Half the galaxy thinks the Jedi were basically a myth after they had been gone for only decades. Hard to say what gets on the holonets and what doesn't, but there's precedent in the new Marvel comics that Sheev personally delivered propoganda and misinformation via the holonet on Coruscant. I know Alderaan was well known to have been destroyed, but I wonder if they would have advertised their massive failure w/ the DS
>>
I like star wars traditional games
>>
File: IMG_2168.png (1.29 MB, 640x1136)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>57419623
Forgot image. This is a cool issue, btw; feels like a neat little role playing adventure, honestly, with an OC rebel spy trying to take out the Emperor and falling into his honeypot instead. Star Wars Annual 1 written by Kieron Gillen
>>
>>57414708
Is there anywhere else to download Oggdude's character generator? Or does anyone know when his bandwidth cycle restarts so I can download it again?
>>
>>57419665
>plastering the emperor's ugly mug all over the place

feels both ineffective and out of character desu
>>
So what is the best thing to come out of Star Wars since Disney acquired the series? Just what FFG is doing with the license to produce tabletop games?
>>
>>57419655
I do too. I just wish there were people near me to play Armada with.
>>
File: lttn_wily.png (1.89 MB, 1920x797)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>57419665

>Televised propaganda broadcast on giant screens
>Tricks resistance fighter into blowing up shit so he can justify martial law

So is nucanon Sheev just Wily from the Protomen?
>>
>>57417844
https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/1844
>>
>>57419723
Where ya at? If it's one of those weird European countries I can't help you, but if you're within 45 minutes of a city there should be a group somewhere.
>>
>>57419726
...Does that make Luke, Rock?
Oh god and Ben is Light.
And Vader is Blues.

Fuck, between this and the MMX thing last thread I'm seriously getting too many Star Wars ideas from Megaman.
>>
>>57418089
Crimson Specialist (Bomblet, Defective plating, Trajectory Simulator, Hyperwave Comm Relay)-33 (maybe optics for 34)

That's by far the most effective build for it. The ability to drop bombs wherever the fuck you want is powerful.
>>
>>57419855
Oh there was a group of people at my LGS. They just stopped showing up one day. And the only two who still show up only ever play(non-Armada games) with each other.
>>
>>57419705
U-wing is pretty cool. TIE striker is pretty cool. Rebels had some genuinely good episodes, like the finale of season 2. A lot of people seem to be excited about Legion and the models look nice but I'm not into it.
>>
>>57419910
>>57419705
don't forget my boy

also I unironically enjoyed TLJ, although it didn't produce any interesting ship designs
>>
>>57417386
I’m sorry it’s time for you to leave anon
>>
>>57419861
>between this and the MMX thing last thread
The what now?
>>
>>57419950

Somebody brought up Mega Man X in the last thread as a way to re-imagine Star Wars.
>>
>>57419926
the only good ship design from Disney Wars (besides U-Wing) and it honestly kinda looks like a redesigned Dauntless Light Cruiser
>>
>>57419910
>U-wing is pretty cool

I'm legit stoked that Dawn of Rebellion will probably have FFG stats for it. It's just the right size and capability to be a perfect little transport for a small AoR group.
>>
>>57420012
Is Dawn of Rebellion its own thing like EOTE, AOR, and FAD?
>>
>>57420024
It's an overarching setting supplement that can be used for all three game lines (though it will apparently have a slight AoR bias).
>>
>>57419950
Here you go >>57403335
>>
>>57419726

Seeing this makes me think Wily would make a pretty decent Moff for someone's campaign. Maybe a slick ex-COMPNOR type with a penchant for propaganda and surveillance?
>>
>>57419965
>>57420051
That's actually a pretty fuckin' good campaign idea.
>>
>>57419673
He canonically has statues of himself and appears before the Senate for 20 years after his disfiguration. Not like they were hiding him in the PT and OT.
>>
>>57419705
Darth Vader comic series by Kieron Gillen and Salvador Larocca. It's the best Vader story outside Empire.
>>
File: 1512767536321.png (35 KB, 625x626)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>57417386
>>
>>57416478
thanks for the link to the list builder. Looks like it's pretty easy to build an 800 point force by just picking up an extra box of troops and the factions Heavy unit and cramming as many upgrades on as possible. Going to be interesting to see this game play out. It looks like there's a lot of room as far as unit limits go, but you wouldn't be able to do hardly any upgrades
>>
>>57419673
Welcome to all of nucanon
>>
File: 1515638090178.png (1.31 MB, 1359x557)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>57417386
I love how everyone replying to you doesn't have any arguments except for crying bait. The Last Jedi was good and Luke's projection outfit and duel against Ren was absolutely fantastic.
>>
I'm interested in doing something horror-ish in a campaign (FFG system). Is there any precedent for Lovecraftian dark side monsters; really anything Lovecraftian or monstrous in the Outer Rim, preferably with some relationship to the Sith or Nightsisters to keep it feeling SW
>>
>>57420468
Aboleth is a thing, then there is cronal and lord shadowspawn
>>
>>57420466
I really loved TLJ (not baiting, it was the first TV or movie stuff since the Disney buyout that I liked; mostly dislike TFA, think Rebels is unwatchable for adults, etc), but it isn't really surprising that /swg/ doesnt like the new movies since it's a community that has spent 30 years thriving on EU lore and content. To have that all swept out (hundreds of books, thousands of comics, dozens of games, multiple RPG systems and sourcebooks, audio plays, all of it) for the relatively thin content we've gotten for post-ROTJ in Nu-Canon...it's understandable. I think that once VIIII comes out we'll finally start to get some really rich ancillary stuff that'll flesh out more of Luke and Ren's lives post-ROTJ and folks will feel better about stuff. I really hope they do a significant time skip before VIIII a la the OT and PT, opening in media res and implying a really grand interim period of galaxy-spanning warfare, like we had with the Clone Wars.
>>
>>57420569
FUCK OFF shill. TLJ was a million times worse than TFA.
>>
>>57420630
Luke Skywalker is portrayed as a flawed human being who is capable of the same black and white morality choices that faced his father, and isn't shown as some immortal infinite power space wizard paragon of righteousness. Instead he experiences character development as he comes to grips with his own failures, and learns from them, making his failures part of his life lesson and experiencing catharsis, as his internalized battle is won and he simply moves on peacefully.
They draw a subtle parallel back to anakin skywalker's struggle and fall. Just because Luke blew up the emperor and faced his father didn't mean his own struggles were done and he was somehow now the perfect person

Because that's what you shitheads wanted: A gary stu, incapable of doing wrong, who would "never" make a flawed choice or feel anger or succumb to the dark side even for a second. You somehow think that when Luke Skywalker, who was tempted in his original trilogy and struck down the vaderbot in anger, is confronted with Baby Hitler and sees a future where billions of people will die all because of one child that has already passed to the dark side, that he wouldn't consider even for a moment whether he should strike him down then and there and save the galaxy. When the moral weight is so incredibly skewed to killing one person to save billions, and you think the guy who experienced the first empire and the heavy costs of its downfall, wouldn't be tempted?
>>
>>57420569
The issue I take in putting the old EU on a pedestal is that 2/3 of it was just awful, and only 1/6 of it was all that great. The Vong, all the fucking Solos running around, Sheev's "Good luck I'm behind 3 million clones" shit, the retarded Sun Crusher and everything about it, Lord "I AM EIGHT LIGHTSABERS" Nyax, I could go on for hours listing all the stupid shit in the EU. Trying to ignore all that when faced with the mediocre new content is disingenuous.
>>
>>57420697
So how big is the screen?
>>
File: Trioculus_shot.jpg (311 KB, 1200x450)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>57420739
Remember that time the fake son of the Emperor tried to marry Leia but she was switched out with a droid replica with heat vision, who killed him during the vows?
>>
File: Lord_Nyax.jpg (178 KB, 483x516)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>57420739
>Lord "I AM EIGHT LIGHTSABERS" Nyax
In some dark corners of the Star Wars fandom, somebody somewhere still thinks this is cool.
>>
>>57420739
The Sun Crusher is beautiful you take that back.
>>
>>57420840
Cool, no. Awesome in that stupidly goofy way that Jedi Prince is? Yes.
>>
>>57420840
He's got that Metal Gear boss kind of appeal.
>>
>>57416990
>When I left you, I was the learner. Now I am the master.
>this doesn't imply Anakin was flawed when he left
>>
>>57420855
>My ship has INVINCIBLE ARMOR
>So strong it tanks DEATH STAR SUPERLASERS
>And has STAR EXPLODING TORPEDOES
You're shipfu a shitty mary sue who looks like a buttplug, and Anderson's a hack who jacks off to superweapons.
>>
>>57420952
Not that anon but that prototype death star's laser grazed it & still dealt some damage.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.21 MB, 1918x815)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>57420697
>and struck down the vaderbot in anger, is confronted with Baby Hitler and sees a future where billions of people will die all because of one child that has already passed to the dark side, that he wouldn't consider even for a moment whether he should strike him down then and there and save the galaxy
Good point, he should have gave into the dark side to save his friends. He shouldn't have waited and hesitated for a long time as he was watching the rebels all die. He should have struck down the emperor with all his hate immediately so his journey to the dark side would be complete.
>>
>>57419981
I think their X-Wings and TIE Fighters are neat.

But yeah, that's about where it stops for me, along with the U-Wing. Capital ships are largely a let-down.
>>
>>57421056
>I think their X-Wings and TIE Fighters are neat.

Yeah, I don't mind the T-70 or the FO TIEs either. Not a fan of the ST otherwise but still.
>>
>>57421039
Agreed. Luke should never have behaved like he did on the second death star. The fucker actually waited. Fucking waited. That's everyone he knows either getting fucked by a garrison of the Emperor's best troops or getting fucked by the Death Star 2. He should have went for the lightsaber the second the cuffs were off & killed everyone. Hesitation & dark side my ass. This is for the Rebelion.
>>
>>57420983
That's still a PLANETKILLER against a buttplug the size of a normal fighter, with its magic super duper infinity plus two armor. Everything about that damn ship and the stories it was involved in were a bunch of spicy taco shits. The only thing good I can say about her is how she ultimately ended up in a giant space asshole.

Anderson's Superweapon fetish was the bane of the EU, and that ship was one of the worst examples of it.
>>
>>57421086
honestly I think the sun crusher is possibly the least stupid of all the superweapons. it's just a small, compact fighter with ridiculously tough armor. not built on a ridiculous scale, not equipped with some flashy weird super beam or something. all it does is induce stars to go nova. tame compared to most other SW superweapons.
>>
File: 1505073146539.png (59 KB, 211x193)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>57421039
>Death star
>to Luke's knowledge, his friends & entire rebellion are completely fucked NOW if he doesn't do anything
>still resists urge to strike Sheev for minutes
>Kylo
>foresees everyone getting fucked in the FUTURE & not now
>knows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt7-WKXL5vw
>pulls out lightsaber instantly
Sleeping Kylo > Sheev confirmed
>>
>>57420876
Sundowner has the feeling of a sith empire type.
>>
>>57421191
For what it's worth he didn't lay down Papa Sheev and delve into his very mental faculties.
>>
>>57420876
His body looks like a face that has a ball gag in.
>>
>>57420876

>Like the good ol’ days after Alderaan!
>>
>>57421316
>all Sheev needed was for Luke to touch him in his sleep
>>
File: 915LRhnfbXL._SL1500_.jpg (497 KB, 1193x1500)
497 KB
497 KB JPG
>from last thread
>star wars as retold as a rock/metal opera
>written by Jim Motherfucking Steinman
>and a bunch of other peeps that write rock and motherfucking roll

SAY A PRAYER IN THE DARKNESS FOR THE MAGIC TO COME
NO MATTER WHAT IT SEEMS
TONIGHT IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE YOUNG
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (175 KB, 1438x809)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>57421413
Naw son.
>>
>>57417386
>It added mysticism back to the force
>It also shows that the force isn't restricted to certain bloodlines and anyone can be powerful in the force.
b8
The PT did not demystify the force at all, and anyone could always be powerful in the force.
>>
>>57421431
NO MATTE WHAT IT SEEMS
TONIGHT IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE YOUNG
>>
>>57421431
Why not both?
>>
>>57421432
Nope not true at all kid. The force is like xman superpowers that only certain people have. It's biological with the midichlorians nonsense and all the Skywalkers are powerful because reasons. It's fucking rubbish kiddo. In the OT and TLJ the force went back to being space magic that anyone can learn as long as they believe.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (627 KB, 1211x941)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
>>57421432
I kinda agree. Oddly, the vast & diverse range of aliens we see as Jedi show that force sensitivity is far from exclusive to humans & whatever species Yoda was. We see human Jedi Masters like Kenobi & Windu along side Shaak Ti & so many more.
>>
File: 1498540001033.png (58 KB, 600x468)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>57421513
>biological with the midichlorians nonsense
>energy field generated by all living beings
>implying it wasn't biological from the start
>>
>>57419673
You have to remember that the official explanation for Palatine's appearance is that he was disfigured during a coup attempt by the Jedi. Presumably at least some portion of people believe that.
>>
>>57421513
>the force went back to being space magic that anyone can learn as long as they believe.
It was never like that. Ever. Except in the minds of deluded retards.
>>
File: 1388310408374.jpg (57 KB, 919x720)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>57421533
>>57421569
Did you PT defense force kids come here fresh from leddit of /co/mblr? The PT butchered the force with shit like force powers that the Jedi overused every five seconds.
>>
>>57421602
Yes, the PT butchered the Force with midichlorian bullshit.
But it was never something anyone could learn. Only a select few ever had the possibility of being Force-sensitive. Much less able to become a Jedi.
>>
File: (You).png (80 KB, 211x244)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>57421602
>literally doesn't remember Obi wan explaining the force from OT
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RroB_8Lhogs
>Jedi overused every five seconds
>Space wizards shouldn't space wizard
>Oh shit, I'm out of Jedi MP points
>This was ever a thing in the OT
>>
>>57418244
If it had been Mr.Mifune and not Alec 'to hell with this cheesy nonsense' Guinness, probably he would have
>>
>>57421602
Wasn't it established the midichlorians were a middleman between the force & the user? That the force still existed & that all they were is a bridge between & an easy way to test force sensitivity via blood sample?
>>
>>57418599
Just because Jodie finally got your wife pregnant doesn't mean you gotta bring that fetish evil here
>>
>>57421640
>Wasn't it established the midichlorians were a middleman between the force & the user?
Never by any official source. Just fan theory to try to not make it so stupid. Same sort of thing as the fanon that the midichlorians are just a measuring tool for force sensitivity and absolutely nothing more.
>>
>>57418156
After the backlash TLJ got, I fully expect JJ to bring Luke back. Do a Gandalf type thing where he "dies" but comes back stronger. I also expect Snoke to be back to give them a big bad to face since Kylo is clearly turning face.

I mean with Carrie Fisher being dead irl and Han being dead in canon, they need an original cast member to survive to the last film.
>>
>>57421640
I don't fucking care it's stupid scientific bullshit
>>57421624
Wrong
>>57421630
>this fucking kid dares to use an OT quote to support PT bullshit
Where is the midichlorians?
Where is the force speed and jumping
Where is force healing
Where is only certain blood lines can use the force?
>>
Question for you lads on the topic of saga edition. Making a meme heavy mandalorian (jet pack, dual blaster pistols, probably a light carbine for extended engagements, the works), because fuck it, sometimes I like to ham it up.

Anyway, the question is, is there a smaller, wrist mounted type flame thrower, other than the bigger, presumably two handed weapon in the core rulebook, or could I get away with home brewing a smaller one? The rules entry for the standard flamethrower says it has a 5 shot canister, so my idea was to make a single shot model, with a smaller cone of spread. Sound good? And the reason why I'm asking you guys, and not my dm is I'm the dm, this is a character I'm making to meme on the party with, and I'm playing him like 'south will rise again' fanatic whose a bit too respectable to associate with deathwatch
>>
File: Suncrusher-smash.jpg (397 KB, 904x575)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>57421167
Its armor is so indestructible that it's able to smash through other ships at full speed, through their shields and everything, and come out unscathed. It can take out STAR DESTROYERS without firing a shot. I will agree that it's not the ABSOLUTE worst, but it's up in the top 5 easily.
>>
>>57421691
There might be stats somewhere in Saga Edition for the wrist flamethrower. Couldn't tell you where though; it's been years since I've played.
>>
File: 1502690169495.jpg (321 KB, 665x786)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>57421681
>literally ignores a quote saying the force is a biological thing even in ANH
>>
>>57421663
It's literally stated by Qui-Gon that they speak the will of the Force to the person. They are not the Force.

>QUI-GON : Midi-chlorians are a microcopic lifeform that reside within all
living cells and communicates with the Force. [...] Life forms living together for mutual advantage. Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force.
>>
>>57421681
Oh, you're retarded.
>>
>>57421681
Force jumping was in EP5 & it's been established numerous times that a Jedi's strength flows through the force. Watch the original trilogy first before you post here.
>>
>>57421704
It is mystical biology not science superpower biology kid.
>>
File: 1502606392373.png (81 KB, 640x799)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>57421728
>it's not magiscience, it's science magic
>it's not 1 + 2, its 2 + 1
>>
File: 1515907895070.png (560 KB, 737x571)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
I have yet to see a ST hater especially TLJ hater with any argument for why they dislike the movie that doesn't involve Mary Rey sue or muh Holdo not share the plan.
>>
>>57421714
>reside within all
living cells
>all living cells
>all
>faggot anon >>57421513 claims only certain people
>all living cells
WAAAAH. WHY CAN'T DROIDS USE FORCE?
>>
>>57421699
I've checked a couple of the hard copies that I have on hand, and the clone wars book has wrist fired missiles and like needle dart things, but the only flamethrower I've seen is the one in the core book
>>
>>57421167
>>57421698
So what are the worst old EU Superweapons?
>>
File: 1515698894816.png (292 KB, 528x663)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
>>57421761
I agree but the prequelshitters are here tonight. I'll see in the morning and hopefully to some good discussion
>>
>57421761
Low quality bait
>>
File: leaving thread now.gif (78 KB, 237x115)
78 KB
78 KB GIF
>>57421761
>>57421780
The general idea of Hermit Luke becoming disillusioned with the Jedi after seeing how the PT Order fucked it all up is great.
The rest of the movie is dogshit though.
And Rey isn't bad because of her sex, she's bad because she's a boring blank nothing character.

And yes, the ST so far is incalculably worse than the PT.

>pic related it's me
>>
>>57421761
>arcing turbo laser shots
>canto blight. The entire arc
>it's salt
>those slow ass bombers
>green tiddy sea sloth milk

Related to your post

>provide an argument as to why you dislike the movie, without using details from 2 of the main plots of the movie
>>
Y'all nuts. I'm gonna go read Wraith Squadron again.
>>
>>57421774
>So what are the worst old EU Superweapons?

Darksaber. Not the one from TCW. The OTHER Darksaber.
>>
>>57421772
Since you're basing him on the meme fellow himself, maybe see if you can find Boba Fett's own Saga Edition stats and look for it there?
>>
>>57421829
I'm currently reading it the series all the way through for the first time. Currently on Isaard's Revenge, I think it's called
>>
>>57421875
Ooh, good point. I'll have to do that when I get back to it
>>
>>57421679
Chewie?
>>
>>57421774
The Hutts' Darksaber (literally just the Death Star Superlaser as a ship), the World Devastators, the Galaxy Gun, that Yuuzhan Vong thing where they just drop a fucking moon on someone (how Chewie died in the EU), and who could forget the good ol' Eclipse.
>>
>>57421904
>>57421979
>(how Chewie died in the EU)
Ironic. Chewie was the first major movie character to die in the old EU, while PT only has Chewie and the Droids left.
>>
>>57421979
>>57421840
Is the Darksaber really that awful conceptually? Isn't miniaturizing Death Star tech semi-reasonable?
I'm sure there's something with the lore I'm not aware of given I haven't actually read Darksaber so feel free to tell me I'm a dumbass.
>>
Hey, so, to answer a question to a completely different argument from forever ago, people should not be mad X-wings fire in flight configuration.

>“Gold One, very impressive. Five kills, an instant ace if it were real life, including one snap-shot while your strike foils were still in flight position."
>>
>>57421979
I feel like the Suncrusher is far worse than the Eclipse.
>>
>>57422009
You mean ST, right?

>>57422047
It's not miniature. It's literally JUST the Superlaser. The best you could really say about it is that even in-story, it's treated as absurd and a disaster waiting to happen.

>>57422101
I seem to have misread anon's post, thought they meant excluding the Sun Crusher. Yeah it's definitely really retarded.
>>
Post great and keyword obscure ships. Tired of seeing nebulons, imperial, y-wings and other normie-core.
>>
>>57422047
The reason why the darksaber was so bad, was because the hutts who had it built cut as many costs as they could. Shitty materials, low quality computing hardware, and a work force, that while semi hiveminded, was easily distracted, didn't follow instructions properly, and were generally super incompetent. If I remember correctly, it blew up on its first test fire, it was built so sloppily
>>
>>57422097
What's that from?
>>
>>57422221

Wraith Squadron, chapter four.
>>
File: 1449031290731.jpg (799 KB, 1400x1400)
799 KB
799 KB JPG
>>57421761
Because it doesn't actually take place in the SW universe, it's that obviously disconnected. Nothing is shown of the First Order taking things over. Apparently all those people who wanted to overthrow the Empire 30 years ago just waltzed out the red carpets once their redheaded stepchild successors showed up. The Wookies and Mon Cals just agreed to go back to being in chains. We know this because 1: there is no mention of fighting elsewhere and 2. their super duper star destroyer is busy chasing a lone Mon Cal ship instead of fighting somewhere else where it would actually be useful.

The ST has produced what is probably the smallest and most bland universe of any sci-fi ever. Even B-grade schlock like Chronicles of Riddick does a better job with worldbuilding.

But the worst part of the ST for me is that it makes a decent case for the fascism it supposedly despises. The Republic is incompetent as fuck, can't get anything done, and when push comes to shove gets utterly destroyed overnight. Whatever would remain of the Republic has apparently been pushed to the Outer Rim, which is literally space Somalia. That is apparently how badly they were defeated. Worse than that, no one is willing to try and save what remains of the Resistance when things go to shit and they call for help. They don't care and no one is actually willing to fight the First Order.

This is beyond a lot of the other shit that's wrong with the movie, but those things I'm more willing to forgive. Even great movies have plot holes and stupid shit when you think about it too much. But this desire to make sure that they always have the good guys be the underdog against the overpowering villains has broken their fundamental view of the SW universe. Which is a real pity because I think an underdog FO going up against a somewhat lethargic NR would have made for an interesting setup. This, on top of a seeming desire to literally never world build has made VII and VIII really awful films.
>>
>>57422151
Where my Nantex-classes at?
>>
>>57422300
That's part of my many, many problems with the ST. They don't establish shit. The OT & PT at least know to establish how things are doing i.e. EP4's Death Star council scene. I'm left wondering "Wait, how did that happen? Where did that come from? Did that really happen 40 years after ROTJ? How?" the entire time.
>>
>>57420739
That's mainly what I do. I've got zero interest in the new canon and what I've seen of it isn't for me, but I also don't wear rosey glasses for the EU either. A 2/3 ratio definitely isn't an overstatement, and there really is some shockingly bad stuff in it. The good thing though is that it's very easy to cherry pick the diamonds out of the trash heap, even moreso now that it's all technically noncanon (though, to be fair, new canon is definitely not any better).

>>57421979
>>57422101
To be honest, the Eclipse is a cool ship, and it's actually practical. It's not as big and immobile as some other SSDs, it's got very good armor and guns, and a combat-practical superlaser. For all intents and purposes, it was a perfect ship, aside from being incredibly expensive.

The big problem is that it's confined to a bad story, and even beyond the clones the Eclipse's destruction and the arc's conclusion are incredibly disappointing and cheap, and I'm pretty sure the infamous cop-out of how it got blown up was because the author either wrote himself into a corner by making the Eclipse so powerful and then being too afraid to write an Empire victory, or he just literally ran out of ideas, so either way he practically handwaved it away.
>>
>>57421761
>>57422300

I actually liked Rey in TLJ, or at least I didn't hate her like I did almost everyone else in the movie. She wasn't nearly as insufferable as she was in TFA, and I found her scenes with Kylo to be the only redeeming thing the movie had. It's a pity she turned him down at the end, they actually had chemistry with each other, unlike the rest of the good guy cast. The FO continues to produce the best actual characters in this whole thing, seemingly because the writers actually let them be people rather than cardboard cutouts they can move around on screen saying "look how good we are."

I'm also fascinated to see what JJ makes of this trainwreck. For all I didn't like TFA it's not like he didn't give a decent amount to work with for coming movies. Rian of course then shits on almost every single one of them.
>>
>>57422381
>actually let them be people rather than cardboard cutouts they can move around on screen saying "look how good we are."
That's another problem I have with the ST. How the hell are they doing the characters? I can't be the only one who thinks they don't feel Star Wars, not even the prequels. Even the way they speak is nothing alike the more dignified (sand aside) way they used to. It's more like they want characters to be plot devices before characters.
>>
File: 1299735028973.jpg (153 KB, 1280x622)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>57422332
>EP4's Death Star council scene

All they had to do with each ST movie was have one scene like this detailing just what the fuck is going on. It'd take them 5-10 minutes of total screen time. That, on top of some established aliens showing up and a few clips of the FO actually fighting in different established parts of the galaxy would have increased the value of these films dramatically.
>>
>>57422381
I just wish she'd gotten a training montage and timeskip of several weeks.
>>
>>57422441
How long did TLJ take? A few days max? If I remember right, I remember Luke going through different clothes & a shot of clothes out to dry. Yoda did say "Nothing more will I teach you today" thus implying his lessons have been going on for days & planned on going on for days.
>>
>>57422481
*If I remember right in ESB
>>
>>57422300
>1: there is no mention of fighting elsewhere
There was a brief mention, but it was pretty indirect. A line was tossed out, I think by Rey(?), saying that the First Order is weeks away from galactic dominance. Which could also just mean systems are steadily rolling over for them, but could also reference attempts to resist.

On your other point, I semi-agree. But really, all factions present seem very incompetent to me, just varying degrees.

The New Republic is incompetent for collapsing just because their capital planet is destroyed. And, thanks to EU material, proves to be even MORE incompetent by forcing the remains of the Empire to sign a humiliating treaty that forces them to disarm, but then also orders the New Republic's military to dissolve as well. How the fuck did they plan to enforce the treaty without a military? Especially since the leaders of the Empire are probably extremely angry and shamed.

The First Order is incompetent because damn near every decision they make on-screen is idiotic, TLJ in particular. Why didn't they just shoot down Poe's X-Wing the second he showed up? Why didn't they scramble fighters more quickly? Why didn't they micro-jump some of their ships ahead of the Resistance fleet and surround them? Why didn't they launch bombers to finish off the Resistance fleet? Their primary flaw is arrogance, and flaws are good in most cases, but holy shit it's a degree that makes the First Order just seem worthless.

As for the Resistance, they come off as incompetent because they fall apart facing the First Order, despite the First Order being as incompetent as they are, not to mention being so insignificant to their "allies" that they're left to die. And then at the end of TLJ, the Resistance is reduced to what? A dozen people and one freighter? In a galactic war?

I don't even really dislike the ST per se, I think they're *okay*, but the factions present are made up almost entirely of idiots when you look at them in the macro.
>>
File: 1486441810210.jpg (199 KB, 1920x648)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>57422422
I think the loss of dignity with the SW characters is just a sign of the times. Even the loose social mores of the baby boomers are being washed away by an even less regimented social construct.

>>57422441
Would have also made a lot of sense. Luke actually giving her training would have helped quite a bit. But rebuilding the Jedi Order still wasn't hers to do, and is one of the things I really, really hate about TLJ.

>>57422481
Lack of time skips doesn't help things with the ST. TLJ picks up at most a day or two after TFA, and that takes place over no more than 48 hours due to the stupid chase plot. Which means that Rey could have only been with Luke for something like 2-3 days.

>>57422538
A decent summation. I'll agree the FO is stupid, but they're still winning harder than they have any right too. Also I must have missed that line because the only thing I remembered about the rest of the galaxy was from the opening crawl.
>>
>>57422538
Not that anon but I'm more confused about how many resources does the FO have. The loss of their Starkiller didn't seem to slow them down much & they somehow have resources for both the Starkiller & that fleet. Are the FO really that skilled at manipulating & hiding that they constructed both the Starkiller & an entire fleet strong enough to still conquer systems without the Starkiller & all without the NR noticing or being rich enough to bribe all those who noticed? For an organization that wasn't the dominant power pre-TFA, they sure seem magically competent at that stuff.
>>
>>57422596
>rebuilding the Jedi Order
That is something I have so many problems with. We've seen Luke grow from the OT enormously from impatient & impulsive farmboy to wise Jedi Master & he failed in TLJ. What does Rey have such that I would bet on her after seeing Luke fail? She doesn't have the emotional investment I had in Luke. Why should I think she'll succeed unlike Luke?
>>
>>57422538
>I don't even really dislike the ST per se, I think they're *okay*, but the factions present are made up almost entirely of idiots when you look at them in the macro.
I'm on the same boat with you, anon. I don't have a seething hatred of the sequels, but damn do they do a poor job actually explaining the bigger picture in the movies. You'd need to keep up with every minor detail in the sparse new canon to know things like
>First Order has sympathizers all over the Reublic that helped orchestrate its downfall
>The New Republic was super corrupt and just started shitting the bed almost the moment they were founded
>The whole big dumb thing with Leia leaving the Republic to form the Resistance

There's a few dozen ways you could make it all fit better, but they haven't been taken yet. And the cherry on top is apparently Thrawn is still alive somewhere and god, he must hate everything with the intensity of a thousand suns by this point.
>>
>>57422636
>Why should I think she'll succeed unlike Luke?
because if you don't you're clearly sexist. or at least that's what some of the media believes, as shown in >>57421761
>>
>>57422636
>>57422668
Nah, here's the dumber but actual reason: she stole the books.
>>
>>57422686
Given how Luke's thing was that he wasn't going to do it like the old but do it better & avoid their failings (i.e. everyone saying "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will." but Luke redeemed Vader regardless), I'm curious what in those books can make Rey better. If she follows them too much, we have something with their heads up their ass like the PT Jedi. If she follows them barely, it raises the question of why she has them.
>>
>>57422686
>Force Ghost Luke keeps frantically trying to help her
>Force Ghost Yoda keeps trolling them both
>Force Ghost Annie just keeps showing up and laughing at them
>>
>>57422707
Somehow I feel it's going to be something about how the Force needs to be in balance and further proves Kreia right.
>>
>>57422762
fuckin' potentium.
>>
>>57422713
>the rest of the force ghosts are perpetually depressed at how the ST made them wrong even in regards to how the force works
>>
>>57422776
Aren't there only like, five of them now?

Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Qui-Gon.
>>
>>57421761
I don't like that it resets the galaxy to Empire vs Rebels. It feels like the galaxy isn't actually moving forward, it's the same stuff just with a name change.

I don't think Luke was characterised correctly. Whether or not people jump up my ass about wanting "Muh Stu" is of their concern, but I'm totally fine with Luke giving up, just not the things leading up to it, and I actually like his final scenes.

The entirety of Canto Bight and Finn+Rose's subplot in general. It ends up leading pretty much nowhere and the whole thing felt so disconnected from everything else. The two, whilst good actors, don't save that scene.

The tone shifts due to consistent humour. I laughed at some of the jokes, but a lot of them just felt like they drained away a lot of the tension.
The Throne Room is actually a really good notable exception to this, everyone sobers up pretty much from there to the end of the movie and that onwards are easily my favourite parts.

The plotholes. I know every movie has them and that's fine, but they really urked me in this one.

I don't much dislike Rey because she's a Sue (in TLJ), I dislike Rey because her character seems really blank, like she doesn't seem to have a very strong personality - I dunno, maybe it's just me but I can't connect with her; whether that's from acting, direction or writing I don't know.
Rey's wardrobe design is easily some of my favourite in the whole franchise though, I absolutely love her character design.

Snoke and Phasma being more or less wasted. I expected at least some kind of exposition to them, y'know? It's really little but at least the former was pretty built up in TFA; and yes, I know the Emperor had pretty much nothing to him apart from being deliciously evil in RotJ, and my critique here would be the same there, I'm not going to hold up the OT as some kind of flawless masterpiece, RotJ especially

There are plenty of things I like as well, but that's a few of my problems with it
>>
>>57422845
>I'm not going to hold up the OT as some kind of flawless masterpiece, RotJ especially
you take that back, RotJ is awesome
>>
>>57422707
You're thinking way too nuanced. She's gonna read the books and they're going to teach her exactly how to act perfectly to defeat the dark side, but not completely so that it can come back for another trilogy.
>>
>>57422845
>The entirety of Canto Bight and Finn+Rose's subplot in general. It ends up leading pretty much nowhere and the whole thing felt so disconnected from everything else. The two, whilst good actors, don't save that scene.
I've said this before, but I'll say it again: everything about Canto Bight felt like if the players kept rolling dreadfully and the DM kept trying to bail them out, only for them to keep getting distracted along the way. I really want to see how Darths and Droids deals with the scene, just for how much it feels like a DM frantically trying to get his campaign back on-rails.
>>
>>57422872
>so that it can come back for another trilogy
>Rey starts a new order
>it fails
>EP 4 or 7 all over again for EP10
>>
>>57422870
RotJ is great for 3 moments.
Jabba's Palace, the Speeder Bike chase, and the Finale with the space battle and saber duel.

Everything between those two moments is either full of Ewoks or is really dull; Jabba's Palace, aside from getting Han back, is completely disconnected from the rest of the movie plot-wise, and you didn't even really need Han back plot-wise, anything he did could have been fulfilled by Chewie and Leia alone. and let's not even talk about the music number that shows up in the special editions.
It's also full of plotholes - sure, they've been explained since, but within the movie they're not. You've probably heard them before; the SSD going down to a kamikaze, Luke pulling a blaster on Jabba in their first meeting but still waiting on R2 to get him his saber in the Sarlaac pit rather - you're using force either way, why wait? etc.
There's also the acting and writing in RotJ. It just feels really... off for the main trio (except Hamill, who's arguably at his best). I don't really know how else to describe it, it's not the same kind of appreciable cheese you can get out of ANH.

Jedi has some of my favourite moments in all of Star Wars - the Battle of Endor and Luke and Vader in general - but the movie itself isn't all that great imo. Not to say you can't enjoy it, it's absolutely enjoyable, but it has a lot of things that stop me fully enjoying it.

I suppose it's kinda like TLJ in that aspect, TLJ is just unfortunate in having the baggage of the series on it.
>>
>>57422890
>felt like if the players kept rolling dreadfully and the DM kept trying to bail them out, only for them to keep getting distracted along the way
Nah, it was more like a DM trying to get a brand new grill player (Rose) up to the same power level as the rest of the party in the first session she shows up for, and interrupting the regular plot line of the campaign with cutaways to her fucking around with bullshit challenges just so he can dole out EXP and have her catch up to the other PCs.
>>
>>57422890
It felt more like a DLC mission in a vidja RPG to me. You know, one of those mini-expansions you get that have a whole new map to wander around in but it's significantly smaller than the original and doesn't connect to the main game's story at all.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (35 KB, 638x487)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>57422872
Leaked screenshot of Star Wars Episode 9, Rey reading the ancient Jedi texts.
>>
>>57422946
>Rey trying to read them
>Oh fuck, I wasn't taught how to read this language
>>
>>57422845
I actually really liked Rey's characterization in TLJ, because she feels like a kid that's trying to act like an adult. Honestly one of my favorite little character moments was seeing her delighted by rain. I thought that was an adorable little character trait, and something I hope they keep playing with moving forward on occasion. I appreciate when characters from poverty appreciate gaining whatever they would have gone without when they're out of poverty.
>>
>>57420739
>>57420840
>>57420876
The actual story Nyax was from was pretty cool, as was his roll in it. A brain damaged darkside cyborg opperating on instinct and stolen memory, crafted from the body of what was basically Force Joffery from Children of the Jedi.

The extra lightsabers were just needless fluff though.
>>
>>57422960
Is she even literate at all? I mean, she was basically a slave before, there's no reason for her to be
>>
>>57421086
He wrote the solo babies pretty well in the JAT, and alongside his wofe the YJK books were amazing for YA fiction.
>>
>>57423041
I'd assume so. Her technical skill with various machines and vehicles is indicative of at least a passing ability in the reading department. I mean, at the very least, I don't know too many examples where technological savants are illiterate
>>
>>57423041
She's a scavenger and mechanic, reading on at least a basic level feels like it'd be important for at least one of those jobs even if only to be able to read and understand what parts go where, I doubt everything in SW has IKEA style picture instructions.

Beyond that, wouldn't a slave who can read be a more valuable slave? It might well have just been a good investment time-wise to be able to do that; if your slave can read and write they can do all your inventory, compose your letters, take notes as you speak, etc.
>>
>>57420697
I am fine with him failing, but have his failure come from a logical direction of say, OVERESTIMATING the ability to bring someone back from the Dark Side with love and respect. Not retreading shit he already dealt with.

Oh and don't have him bitch out for years after it, have him focused on figuring out a better way. Or have him foresee that he needed to take a secondary role.
>>
>>57422931
I'd almost believe that, but it still feels like they're just fumbling their rolls constantly. Get caught right as they find the codebreaker, get bailed out of jail by NPC, just barely miss their ship getting blown up, nearly fall off a cliff, have to get bailed AGAIN by the same NPC. Rose's player being new and easily distracted seems spot-on, though.
>>
>>57423041
>>57423065
Plus, Anakin was a slave, and he could and write, and was fluent in at least 2 languages. Meanwhile, Rey was at best a scavenger hobo, and was probably free in the sense that she could leave jakku at any time she wanted, provided she had a way of getting off the planet, and actually wanted to leave
>>
>>57422946
clever
sadly I doubt the film will end with Rey piloting the Jedi Robot.
>>
>>57421761
Actually I hate women because I hate TLJ. Good going Disney.
>>
>>57423031
The story works in concept, but christ in heaven the execution left so much to be desired. I could not really take Nyax's character seriously.
>>
>>57423122
I really liked the execution. The idea of essentially a dumb animal that thinks in pictures mindraping refugees to dig for a locus of Force Energy was pretty cool.
>>
>>57423122
>Crazy dark sider made of lightsabers who took on the identity of the space boogeyman and died to rocks in an Allston book
I don't think he was ever supposed to be taken seriously.
>>
>>57423200
Not even just crazy. Straight up brain damaged because Space Joffery sassed off against an actual inquisitor dueling instructor and got a lightsaber an inch deep in his frontal lobe. (I think it was Blackhole himself, not certain though.)
>>
>>57421457
You know I bet Carrie Fisher liked that poster as It makes her look sexy.
>>
>>57422930
>the SSD going down to a kamikaze,
both this, walker tripping, and the light speed ram fall under people thinking that it is something that is easy to do and repeatable

a battleship ran over a U boat in real life, but I dont think that kind of thing is plausible as anything other than luck and desperation combined
>>
>>57423383
Didn't the lightspeed ram hit the part of the ship where what's his face glitched the shields?
>>
>>57423402
The issue is the ram, not the shields in the way
>>
>>57422930
>but within the movie they're not. You've probably heard them before; the SSD going down to a kamikaze,

That's not a plothole you are just not remembering the scene correctly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbsIUX2LoJQ

Here's the scene. The bridge officer says they lost the shields protecting the bridge and Piett knows that the next thing would be fighters doing attack runs against the bridge, which was what the Rebel fighters where about to do when they got hit by the SSDs defenses. You can actually see a X-Wing blow up behind the A-Wing that goes out of control and smashes into the bridge, sending the SSD crashing into the Death Star.
>>
>>57423069
>Beyond that, wouldn't a slave who can read be a more valuable slave? It might well have just been a good investment time-wise to be able to do that; if your slave can read and write they can do all your inventory, compose your letters, take notes as you speak, etc.

That is true. IRL Roman times, greeks where valued as slaves as they tended to be literate and where used as teachers, clercs etc roles.
Gauls and other barbarians who could not read or write where used as manual labour and hence where not valued as much.
>>
>>57423031
>>57423122
>>57423200
Never mind he literally had lightsabers for armor, sticking out of his suit.

I think they were trying to go the Animated Grevious route.
>>
>>57423707
They really only mentioned them in the later fight as flashing on and off to parry strikes. He was never written as keeping them all ignited at once.
>>
>>57423752
>you will never artfully deflect a foe's blows with well-timed activations of your lightsaber nipples
>>
File: Spin to Win.gif (2.82 MB, 472x257)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB GIF
>>57423707
>Implying anyone that bulky could match 2003 Grievous' sick spins, his most defining characteristic
>>
Does anyone know where to watch Rebels online in okay quality? I've only watched the first two seasons so far and I wanna do some catching up.

>>57422930
>and let's not even talk about the music number that shows up in the special editions.
So was the musical number of the editions before that better?

Jabba looks so thicc to me that I highly doubt you could kill him with a few blaster shots. And even then, there were to many people that could have killed the main crew at point-blank range in the throne room. They had the element of surprise and enough elbow room at the sarlacc pit, not to mention Luke's lightsaber.

I can sort of see where you're coming from regarding the whole movie, but it's my favorite film in the whole franchise, so I just can't let it go.
>>
>>57423901
About to commit a cardinal sin: I've never actually seen the non-special editions. So you tell me, where they?

If the issue was fire power why not go in saber swinging to begin with and have Lando, Leia and Chewie as back-up? You've got enough room to manever in the wide halls leading up to the place Jabba's at; or hell, just lob a detonator in down the stairs and book it, everyone seemed scared enough of it.
Why Luke would leave his saber with R2 and just hope that R2 could be within a distance to give it to him, wouldn't be searched or have a restraining bolt slapped on him, if he's even kept in one piece?
I feel like there's definitely good arguments to be made for Luke's plan, but it's one of those "movie logic" moments - even if it's not a perfect plan, humans make mistakes and are occasionally more convoluted than we need to be, it led to a wicked scene (Boba notwithstanding), and gave us Slave Leia if you're into that sort of thing, so the results on-screen from that plan were a good time regardless of the plan itself.
>>
>>57423789
God, I remember the first time I saw that episode/arc section. Him methodically hunting down the Jedi, before busting, kicking one hard enough to send him through a building, and completely destroying the rest. Amazing work, and still holds up.

Unrelated, but I was watching the clone wars recently, as I do, and saw the episode with the rookies teaming up with rex and cody to repel the seppies on the listening post. Anyway, when the 2 clone commanders first touch down there's a commando droid masquerading as a clone. Obviously, it doesn't work for very long, but that gave me a thought.
Say, for instance, that the cis was working on a commando droid built specifically for infiltrating clone bases. Designed to think like a clone, act like a clone, be completely indistinguishable from a clone trooper, so long as he's got his bucket on, and ready for his mission at the command. I like the idea of the party encountering what they think is a clone commando team, a squad of arc troopers, or something like that in cryo or stasis, years after the clone wars. The troopers, having missed order 66, are at a loss at the fact that the republic is now the empire, and decide to throw in with the party, with the ball dropping much later, presumably when the story big bad discovers the true nature of the troopers, and turns them. Basically, I'd be operating on the assumption that the player being players, wouldn't exactly pay attention to the goings on of a group of npcs when not directly related to what the party is doing at the moment.
Could this work? Or have I watched too much terminator?
>>
>>57423383
As weird and bad as the EU explanation of Endor mostly is, what with the idiotic IG-88 subplot, its explanation of the Executor going down is actually very good.

Basically backup bridge system malfunction, and they didn't blast the A-Wing sooner because they were still holding their fire, and only when the shields went down did Piett give the order to unleash the Executor's guns, which probably would've wiped the then-close range Rebel ships had the A-Wing not hit the bridge before the guns got up and running.
>>
>>57423982
>About to commit a cardinal sin: I've never actually seen the non-special editions. So you tell me, where they?
Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1sF9veTzuU
But yeah, the plan was designed to be an elaborate flashy and risky escape, not an efficient rescue mission. I agree with you that it worked on movie logic alone, but I'm not disappointed about it, because it gave us some great moments.
>>57424116
>the idiotic IG-88 subplot
I keep hearing about this. Can anyone give me a quick rundown?
>>57424116
>they were still holding their fire
That is fucking stupid

Why
>>
>>57424116
>IG-88 subplot

Refresh my memory again, what was this? Didn't he download his consciousness to the death star, or am I thinking of something else?
>>
>>57424330
>>57424330
>>57424330
New bread, lets try to keep it free of other boards bait.
>>
File: try spinning.jpg (152 KB, 1000x563)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>57423789
Grievous was a savage arse beating machine, kind of pissed he died because I really wanted that near-indestructible bastard to shit all over PC's.

>>57424085
It could work, but its fairly hard in a small unit environment where clones do know each other fairly well. So there would be a lot of circumstantial times it would work and quite a few where there would be some hefty penalties.
In the middle of a shitfight, one coming out of nowhere and just axing a few dudes on the sly, could work well- a social situation even if they where part of another unit, might be pushing it to get away with.
>>
Speaking of Rey, what do we know about her?
>>
>>57424641
Her name technically is raeh and it isn't even her real name
>>
>>57424641
She's the granddaughter of either Sheevy P. or Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Either that or there's another big reveal concerning her parents coming in Ep 9. If not, I'm gonna be disappointed. Darth Jar Jar
was stripped from us because the character was awfully executed and received. So I'm hoping for a big plot twist in the new trilogy that isn't just "subverting viewer expectations by severely undershooting them".
>>
>>57424141
>they were still holding their fire
>That is fucking stupid
>Why

Because there was a direct order from Palps telling them not to attack. There's even that sequence where the bridge officers explicitly say they're about to attack, and Piett comes in with "hold your fire...I've got a direct order from the Emperor himself."

Later in the battle, Piett's actually ready to say fuck it to his orders and unleash the SSD's batteries because the DS2 isn't killing Rebel capital ships fast enough and the fleet is getting shot up. The A-wing crashes the party before he can get it going.
>>
>>57424966
Sheev really is as stupid as he is evil
>>
File: 1511063700243.jpg (846 KB, 3581x2625)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
>>57422930
>There's also the acting and writing in RotJ. It just feels really... off for the main trio (except Hamill, who's arguably at his best). I don't really know how else to describe it, it's not the same kind of appreciable cheese you can get out of ANH.
Agree. People act like Lucas is such an autist, but ANH has less robotic interaction from the main trio than RotJ does so apparently Marquand was an even worse actor's director.

I do agree that Hamill is by far at his best in RotJ. It's an underrated transformation. I really buy that he has been drinking the Jedi juju and is Mr. Mystical now. It doesn't feel forced in any way.
>>
>>57422686
Thinking about it. If these are the ORIGINAL jedi texts, might they be from before mr No Fun Allowed changed the jedi code to its 'modern' form?
>>
>>57425182
The old continuity doesn't apply anymore, I'm afraid.
>>
>>57425182
>mr No Fun Allowed
Literally, figuratively, spiritually, phantasmagorically, categorically, historically who?
>>
>>57423041
The bitch knows wookiee in tfa so she is probably an expert in languages just like Revan.
>>
File: 1132.jpg (8 KB, 300x180)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>57425128
To add to this, I though Mark was really mediocre/bad in TLJ.
And I actually don't have a problem with the general idea of a humbled Luke.
>>
>>57422481
>>57422596
Time is malleable in places strong with the force, implied or outright stated in a few ways in regards to Dagobah depending on your sources, outright shown in the Mortis arc in TCW given their several days of tripping balls were about .04 seconds realtime, and I think one of the visual guide things for TLJ mentions it as well.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.