[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Planetary Defense Forces general.

Post about FFG, X-wing, Armada, Legion, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, and anything else Star Wars Related!

Previous: >>57414708

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>https://pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Armada MC75 Profundity preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/3/profundity/
Armada Chimaera Imperial Star Destroyer preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/8/chimaera/

Legion AT-ST preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/12/massive-destruction/

How autistic you go with each planet armies and navies?
>>
File: Rebels ANH.png (1.79 MB, 1545x816)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
any news on legion?
it looks really good based on what i have seen so far, but it also looks like the one with the most intricate rules

i was witholding armada to save dosh for legion, i hope i am making the right choice
i really want to play as the rebels
>>
New FFG GM here. I'm looking at running a knight level mixed party game as an introduction one shot based around the fall of the republic. I'll then use the survivors of the one shot as some big wigs in the rebel alliance that they'll make contact with later as their story progresses with their new low level characters.
Y/N?
Has anyone else done anything like this before and have any tips?
>>
File: andrew_hodgson_01.jpg (407 KB, 1800x750)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>57424376
Kind of with padawans around the end of O66 and used that as a way of getting them as a group prior to a "time passes" and they're adults in the Empire era.

I dunno if starting out at Knight level as a new GM is a good idea because its appreciably more complicated in terms of keeping track of what players can do and the players themselves figuring out what they can do as well. But if you can plan it so the players know each other from a formative age, under duress or memorable circumstances then it might make for a decent enough way as any so they gel a little better as a group.
>>
>>57424519
I like the redesign, but I can't see what it would improve. It just gives the A-Wing a larger target profile.
>>
>>57424602
If the guns are mirrored on the bottom that thing has quad lasers. The design gives me the impression that in X-Wing it would be an A-Wing with 3 Attack, but no green turns.
>>
File: andrew_hodgson_03.jpg (215 KB, 1800x800)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
Just twin lasers, I did kind of like the sportscar look to it though.
>>
File: andrew_hodgson_02.jpg (148 KB, 1800x800)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>57424683
Probably could use a slightly larger cockpit though, it does look pretty squeezy
>>
>>57424519
I was thinking of giving them experienced padawans and a master NPC along side some non-clone officers/entourage for the people who don't want to play force users. They'll be enroute to some sort of diplomatic summit when they'll hear that the Jedi Council have attacked Palpatine and they need to surrender at the space port as enemies of the Empire. They'll land, and prepare to submit to the clones present at the port when the master will sacrifice himself saying to go meet some sort of contact. Then they're on their own and off on the run.

You raise a good point about knights not being suitable for a new GM though, I have no idea what I'm doing other than having read through the beginner box for FaD and listened to some podcasts.
>>
The flyboy/mechanic PC in one of my FFG SW games is going to find himself an old N-1 starfighter to refurbish. Would you guys agree with Speed 5, Handling +1, Shields 1/-/-/1, Armor 2, HT 8, SS 8? Maybe Speed 6 and Shields 1/-/-/0?
>>
>>57424683
>>57424698
So are there still rocket launchers in this version?
>>
File: kemp_remillard_02.jpg (859 KB, 1800x1189)
859 KB
859 KB JPG
I did the 'Gathering' scenario where they where off to find their crystals, that actually ended up pretty tough with 2 of the 5 dying in the process!
Wasn't quite what I planned, did mean to make it very tough but a few bad choices ended up as casualties of the whole experience and required a lot of winging it to bring in new characters later on. Was almost some tears when their masters got killed too, so I figure it was a mixed success there.

If anything you've got to be comfortable in what you're doing, you've got a plan which is a great start though so I reckon it'll work.

>>57424732
Guess, if anything there's a bit more room laterally, a-wings really are for munchkins only
>>
>>57424774
I was thinking of doing a Gathering but I was looking forward to seeing the party do that with their OC characters rather than my premades.
You raise a good point about deaths though, I'll plan a few re-entry points where they can take a new character in case they get themselves killed.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>57424774
>Guess, if anything there's a bit more room laterally, a-wings really are for munchkins only
What did you mean by this
>>
File: IMG_20180110_082003.jpg (398 KB, 2048x1536)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
14th for Armada
>>
>>57425102

Thin your paints
>>
>>57425102

>Playing Ramada with no star pattern tabletop mat

Reeee!!!!

Seriously though glad you got a game in anon.
>>
>>57425102
>Rebel flagship is a Nebulon B
Why would one do that when there's a perfectly serviceable MC80 right there, and then give an ISD-II shots on your poorly chosen flagship to boot?
>>
>>57424716
Hell fucking know. Speed 5 let alone 6 is way to good for an old as fighter like the N-1 that wasn't even known for speed.
>>
File: DTMX15lVAAAWYq6.jpg_large.jpg (405 KB, 1536x2048)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>57425179
>>57425143
>>57425218
it's just a random picture from twitter, I have no answers for you
>>
>playing KOTOR2
>be rude to a droid
>get dark side points
What the fuck man?
>>
>>57425320
Droids are people too in Star Wars

btw, your alignment in the Force does not matter. Only your strength does.
>>
>>57425320
Why would you even be a dick towards a droid?
Unless it was G0-T0. Fuck that faggot.
>>
>>57425345
Droids are explicitly not people, although they show every sign of being like people.

I think that maintaining the distinction is important, as is having them adhere to their programming because otherwise they're identical to all other sentients and that's lazy and boring.

Droids are more interesting when they're human-like but also not truly sentient and treated like slaves.
>>
>>57425357
Hath not a droid hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions?
droids are thinking, feeling, beings
they have aspirations, they feel pain and are averse, they have a purpose in life that they fill
they can make friends, be loyal

all of their stuff was programmed instead of born, but they still exhibit every outward sign of being a person
they should be treated like one as well

it is NOT their lot in life to suffer
>>
>>57425426
Nah, droid personality is inherently limited by their programming. Bullying a droid is like bullying a refrigerator.
>>
>>57425357
>>57425426
This. There are thousands of different sentient races in Star Wars. Humans, Near-humans, completely alien races, silicone-based lifeforms, and sentient extragalactic droids. What makes the droids that are native to the galaxy so special? They show the same signs of feelings, memory, identity and desires that organic beings show. Who are you to decide that they are any less valuable?
>>
>>57425320
How rude are we talking here? What exactly did you say?
>>
>droids have no connection to the force, being inorganic
>jedi see them as lesser than organics as a result (below animals or even plants)
>this becomes the defacto cultural norm even in parts of the galaxy where jedi are myths
>jedi naturally side with organics over droids in a civil war

it can make sense if you invent a backstory and erase a few scenes from the prequels
>>
>>57425320
KotOR 1 and 2 both like to play on just how horrific it is that droids are actually fully sentient beings that are subject to what amounts to slavery and random memory wipes if they turn rebellious. Essentially, the game's stance is that they're people too.
>>
>>57425472
>>droids have no connection to the force, being inorganic
>it can make sense if you invent a backstory and erase a few scenes from the prequels
It can only make sense if you remove C3PO and especially R2D2 from the continuity. Those droids are favored by the Force more than even Anakin, Luke, or Rey.
>>
>>57425556
Are you insinuating that luck doesn't exist outside of the Force?
>>
>>57425568
Not in Star Wars it doesn't. And even if it does, R2 and 3PO are always around for important shit going down. In fact, they are the only individuals who played important roles in ALL main-line movies and in other stories as well. There is no way to explain this "coincidence" without the Force (i.e. the plot).
>>
>>57425553
They're not though, unless you're prepared to argue that a Gonk is as much of a person as any other. They just have varying degrees of sophistication which eventually ape or succeed that of a sentient. That doesn't make them people in the sense that it would a lifeform, they're just a very compelling imitation.
>>
>>57425608
Their feelings are real to themselves just as your feelings are real to yourself though. Just because they came after and were modeled by organic species doesn't mean that they're any less sentient.

Gonks are just fifth-degree droids whose AI doesn't exceed the amount necessary for the work that they do. I'd say a gonk is about as sentient and sensitive as a dog.
>>
>>57425648
>expendable machine used as blaster fodder
>feel happiness, sadness, fear, anger
>capable of basic problem solving and logic, can deduce cause and effect
>has self-awareness, often able to realize their low place on the totem pole, can see their purpose, even though said purpose is to get shot at
>have aversion to pain, and negatively reacts to it, able to determine source of pain and either avoid it or shoot at it
>capable of basic team work and empathy, can recognize if other droids or some organic beings are happy or sad, and are capable of moving to assist others without prompting

a lot of the times, the battle droid felt more human than many of the jedi they fought
>>
>>57425218
Maybe the MC80 is the flagship and they didn't mark it, and they're using the flagship token just to differentiate the Nebs?

I've seen new and/or casual players do stuff like that a lot.
>>
I think when you take into consideration the 'luminous beings are we' line, it's easy to see why Droids are not cared for like living beings: the Jedi can actually reach out to the soul of their fellow living beings, and as impressive imitations of life as they may be, droids don't have that, skippy aside. That said, treating droids poorly is still considered wrong to a Jedi in that it is you allowing yourself to be a shitty emotional person, even if you're being wrong to something that's on the same metaphysical level of being as a refrigerator. That droid is still a part of the greater universe and in the force that fills the galaxy, though the force doesn't come from it like it does living beings: they can still have a destiny in the force, like anything in it. That's why Jedi can pick it up with the force like any inanimate object. You should get dark side points if you just decided to get needlessly mad at a refrigerator too in all honesty.
>>
What was the overarching theme or lesson of TLJ?
>>
File: 1515394336973.jpg (51 KB, 529x352)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>57426047
Let the past die, kill it if you have too.
>>
>>57426059
But isn't that the philosophy of a genocidal villain? That's not where you're supposed to get your morals from. And if that's the central thesis, why did Rey take up the title of Last Jedi and save the ancient texts?
>>
>>57426047
>legends often are very different, or even disappointing, in person
>learn from failure
>let go of the past
>>
>>57426059
>the villain states his ideology
>the protagonist blatantly rejects it
>"guess that makes it the theme of the movie"
>>
>>57426059

Yes, that's why Kylo Ren went so very very well and nothing went badly for him at all that movie when he tried to follow that. Luke spent the entire thing with Kylo Ren basically calling him a fucking moron for that philosophy and saying that Kylo can't do it no matter how hard he tries and he's only made it worse for trying.
>>
>>57425757
How do droids even feel pain? Why build a fighting machine that has pain receptors in the first place if its primary job is to be expendable cannon fodder?
>>
>Kylo keeps shedding his attachments
>He's the Sith bad guy
What was meant by this?
>>
>>57426086
Why bother making the legends be disappointments in a franchise about myth and legend? Why make Han, Luke and Leia all be regressive failures? Isn't this kind of cynical for Star Wars?

If the theme is learning from failure, at what point do the characters learn anything by failing?

But if the theme is letting go of the past, why have Yoda come back, why have Rey be the new Last Jedi, why save the texts? How can you learn from failure if you let go of the past?
>>
>>57426047

>You will make mistakes and they will hurt. Learn from them rather than giving up or trying to avoid them.

Admiral Purple Hair and Poe both make mistakes about the other one, the rebel situation goes horribly and both learn the true measure of the other one/what they need to do in the future. Rey's entire thing is constantly making mistakes; About Luke, About the Force, About Luke again, About Kylo. etc.

Kylo's is notable as he's the one cast member doing everything in his power to avoid learning from his own mistakes and it keeps fucking him up as the same shit happens again.
>>
>>57426132
>Isn't this kind of cynical for Star Wars?

The PT is all about the failure of literally everyone except the bad guy. Star Wars separated itself from a lot of other sci-fi at the time by being high adventure but also kinda grungy. It's not without hope but Star Wars isn't exactly unknown to cynical edges.
>>
>>57425467
I remember there's a quest where you can force a droid to cannibalize itself for parts as an extra quest reward
>>
>>57426047
Can't you fuckers talk about it to /tv/? IF you want to talk about the setting in that time, fine but the movies itself have been talked to death...
>>
>>57426122
Killing your own father isn't exactly what the Jedi had in mind with shedding attachments.
>>
>>57425320
>playing KOTOR 2
>set up pair of potentially evil droids who can lie and harm people
>just let them go
Man...I really don't remember diddly from this game. Far more exciting than my recent KOTOTR playthrough
>>
>>57425590
I don't want to open this can of worms again but that sort of irks me about the ST that C-3PO and R2-D2 are delegated to background roles and barely do anything in the films
>>
>>57426122

Because he's a fucking moron. Luke expressly addresses that in the fight, that killing his father didn't actually do anything to shed his issues with his family and has only made it worse as he's now carrying that weight too.
>>
>>57426134
The thing is, none of these characters ever seem "hurt" by their mistakes. Poe loses his x-wing but they can just build a new one. Rey and Finn don't have families, friends (aside from each other but they don't even speak in this movie), homes or anything to lose.

By this point Luke lost the only home and family he ever knew, his guide and mentor, his self-confidence, his best friend and his hand.

>>57426158
The difference is that someone had to have failed to create the OT, and you're never left with that hopeful RotJ ending. If you could write anything in the world for these characters, why would you write it expressly so that they all failed at what they set out to do and ultimately accomplished nothing? It's whiplash.
>>
>>57426120
>How do droids even feel pain?
its never addressed, but its apparently universal, since enough feel pain to justify droid torture chambers
>Why build a fighting machine that has pain receptors in the first place if its primary job is to be expendable cannon fodder?
its just one of those things they decided was never worth the cost of fixing
they are usually directed via control ship during which they are fearless and never break
and when they are not under the control of a higher guidance, it makes sense to give them more self preservation, so that yuor droids become less likely to die the less control structures you have

also, the most likely "solution" was probably to build more of them
>>
>>57426231

>The thing is, none of these characters ever seem "hurt" by their mistakes.

Poe and the Admiral's mistakes with each other get almost all the escape craft killed and force Luke to intervene and die in order to buy time for them to escape. That's pretty heavily hurt.
>>
>>57426266
Yeah but Poe has no attachment to Luke whatsoever, he never even met Luke. As for the escape craft, those are just unnamed, worthless background extras that can be shed and regrown as the plot demands, they're as facelessly inconsequential as stormtroopers.
>>
File: Poe & Holdo.jpg (53 KB, 631x960)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>57426266

How much you wanna bet that none of this ever gets mentioned in Episode IX, and that everyone goes back to worshiping Poe as a Hero and Holdo never gets mentioned again?
>>
>>57426295

> As for the escape craft, those are just unnamed, worthless background extras that can be shed and regrown as the plot demands, they're as facelessly inconsequential as stormtroopers.

So Alderaan doesn't matter because we didn't know almost anyone on it? Because to Poe (The guy making those mistakes), those were real people.
>>
File: 1485561625911.jpg (124 KB, 1579x597)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>57424330
>How autistic you go with each planet armies and navies?
Not at all. Plot determines that.

On that note, the Dantooine arc of my Rebellion-era game is coming to a close in maybe a couple of sessions. They'll be evacuating key Rebels to bring them to the mobile shipyard they captured and relocated into Wild Space.

My plan for this is a relatively simple complication: Imperial Stormcommandos are there and seeing the Rebels leaving move to intervene. So a ground combat sequence as they protect the techs who are moving the equipment and getting into the life support containers they'll be transported in. Followed by a blockade run as they have to get past the ISD Implacable and a small support fleet.

They'll have Green Squadron as support (again), although only nine operational X-Wings.

My plan after that sequence and the delivery of the key Rebel personnel to their shipyard was they head for the rally point for Scarif. Their primary job in the Alliance is logistical support, so basically being a weapon refit platform during the battle of Scarif.

Scarif is going to be brutal and claim a lot of Rebel resources, so I figured the natural course of action for them afterward would be "procurement." Their GR-105 is heavily armored and armed at this point and the only difference between it and a light frigate is no fighter complement and about 80k tons of cargo capacity.

I know I want to run them as a Q-ship a few times, but I also think they'll run as support to a starfighter squadron on hit-and-fade at times.

I want to do a heist episode as well.

So I'm looking for ideas. They're homebased near the Prefsbelt Sector thanks to the shipyard and the "non-screen" periods involve transporting supplies to that shipyard.
>>
>>57426295

...so it's not a mistake because while it got 90% of the remaining rebellion killed it doesn't actually count?
>>
>>57425757
Battle droids don't feel pain, but they do have survival programming. Which, as implied, is a really odd thing to give to cannon fodder.
>>
>>57426307
>How much you wanna bet that none of this ever gets mentioned in Episode IX, and that everyone goes back to worshiping Poe as a Hero and Holdo never gets mentioned again?
Sucker's bet. We also know DJ will never make another appearance or get a mention.

These were awful cameo insertion characters and the fan reaction to them seems to have been unanimously bad.
>>
>>57426340
Except just yesterday there were a shitload of people complaining that Alderaan lacked narrative weight for just that reason.
>>
>>57426402
>the fan reaction to them seems to have been unanimously bad.

Considering the watcher ratings of TLJ 'unanimously' seems generous to describe anything about that movie.
>>
>>57426415
>Considering the watcher ratings of TLJ 'unanimously' seems generous to describe anything about that movie.
Do we allow bots to dictate our opinions now?
>>
File: 20180106_223445.jpg (5.47 MB, 5312x2988)
5.47 MB
5.47 MB JPG
Nth for Armada.
>>
>>57426425

Wait, which side are you arguing the bots were on? As far as I can tell, people are disagreeing about it rather than either side being bots.
>>
File: 1515698775807.png (1.08 MB, 1524x666)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>57426340
The difference is Leia at least acts like she cares in the moment. Poe is back to MUH DROID and "follow the crystal critters" in an hour. It's about the context the audience is exposed to. I'm sure there will be a book about Poe farting at the mass funeral but it wasn't in the movie. Moreover there's a huge structural difference between the character impact you can show within a single two hour movie and what you can show across a pre-planned trilogy.

>>57426358
It's a mistake but it doesn't have a payoff because you never see the character suffer and learn, and you know these mistakes will be overridden in the next movie. They will either flee to the allies they were trying to contact from Crait, or they will do a timeskip and have the Resistance rebuilt.
>>
>>57426437
>Wait, which side are you arguing the bots were on? As far as I can tell, people are disagreeing about it rather than either side being bots.
Does it matter? You've injected enough uncertainty into the data to assure you're not going to be able to derive any good analysis from it.
>>
>>57426266
While it may not make sense on a meta level, upon my first viewing of the film I didn't think the idea was that Holdo did anything wrong. In fact I think the message was "Have confidence/faith in your leaders."

Poe, Rose, and Finn's inability to trust that Holdo did indeed have a plan led them to act rashly and led to the debacles on Canto Bight and the Supremacy, which then led to 90% of the Resistance being destroyed.

The problem is that we've analyzed it to hell and back, and rationally speaking Holdo's actions and her hostility to Poe (undermining his confidence in her) were about equally as disastrous as Poe's rash actions. Nevertheless it's not the intent of the film(maker)

it wouldn't surprise me now that IX opens with Finn, Rose, and Poe as janitors, having been heavily demoted to punish them for their actions in TLJ
>>
>>57426465

Then how are you saying it's unanimous?
>>
>>57426346
Nine x-wing vs an ISD plus his escorts? Poor greens, what other forces do you players have?
Also the GR-105 is a massive space ship (if google gave the right image), seems you players have done well to comand such a beauty, really like the idea of mobile shipyards for the rebels, makes sense and is something your players will want to protect, sounds like a fun campaign.
Ideas, well nothing fancy, Pirates want to steal the shipyard, an Inquisitor and his merry band of edgy acolites is send to destroy it, a bunch of very old fighting ships in dire need of repairs and maintenence is send to the players shipyard, the crews are spirited but with abismal training (doesn't help the majority of people isn't even of hte same planet, or species, so miscomunication is a given), perhaps the one in charge of the mobile shipyard get a whiff about them, and wants to get the fuck out of there before those "allies" get here and consume loads of resources than the local cell can barely afford.
>>
>>57426465
What evidence do you have that bots are involved? Who do you think is controlling these alleged bots and what do you think their motivation is?
>>
>>57426473
>Then how are you saying it's unanimous?
The data I can verify, i.e. online forums and people I communicate directly with, indicates Holdo and DJ weren't just unpopular, they're actively hated.

Just because one dataset is spoiled doesn't mean they all are, anon.

Analysis 201.
>>
>>57426389
>Battle droids don't feel pain
they usually scream in pain and yell whenever they get sliced
>Which, as implied, is a really odd thing to give to cannon fodde
they turn into robotic tyranids when under the control of a control structure like a control ship, ignorign all damage and pain as they march towards their enemies
but when they are just hanging around and not running straight at the enemy, they often display typical human emotions and a fear of pain

the given reason is that it was a side-effect of upgrading their intelligence, that they never bothered solving
>>
>>57426509

And those I've encountered and spoke with have been rather divided on the subject.
>>
>>57426484
>Nine x-wing vs an ISD plus his escorts? Poor greens, what other forces do you players have?
Yeah they're getting worked pretty hard. But it's a screening action, not a full engagement.

The GR-105 isn't a canon or even non-canon ship. It's a scaled up GR-75, which is the standard Alliance cargo hauler.

>Pirates want to steal the shipyard
I'm sure that's the case, but it's protected by a Nebulon-B and two corvettes and is slowly acquiring Alliance starfighters to replace the TIEs it currently has aboard. Plus the shipyard itself has turbolaser and cannon batteries.

>an Inquisitor
They encountered one as they captured the shipyard who will be making future appearances I'm sure.

>a bunch of very old fighting ships in dire need of repairs and maintenence
That's situation normal for this place now that it's operational. The Commodore is an efficient old Duros who used to run one of the orbital shipyards at Duros.

I have been establishing the idea that you can't really trust even other Rebels, so I can see a potential betrayal of the shipyard being worth doing. But it's mobile, so they'll just move deeper into Wild Space.
>>
File: 7f9.jpg (191 KB, 2057x1969)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>57426527
Same, but the opinion seems to be more in the not good side. No one I know loves it, there are plenty than think it was okay,but while, for example, my smaller sister liked TFA (she never finished another SW movie), she slept in TLJ, and she is an adult. The best I got, personally, is than it's a good movies to burn a few hours.
But we should stop to talk about the MOVIE, here, in /tg/, again it derails the thread, and it was nearly a month ago. Talking about the setting is fine, I would like to hear about people to make games in the ST setting (to steal any diamond), but we have got the same conversation a thousand times already, I'm a little shocked we still didn 't get a milkies poster, the rest of the cliches have panned already.
>>
>>57426612

>Same, but the opinion seems to be more in the not good side. No one I know loves it, there are plenty than think it was okay,but while, for example, my smaller sister liked TFA (she never finished another SW movie), she slept in TLJ, and she is an adult. The best I got, personally, is than it's a good movies to burn a few hours.

I got a good number of people who loved the hell out of it (My housemates were two of them). But yeah, likely should stop.
>>
I've got an idea for a Force and Destiny campaign. Wanna know if this sounds fine to do. I want to give the players each a free buy-in to one Edge of the Empire specialization to represent the lives they've been living since Order 66. Would this work? Are the systems balanced enough to mix and match between them?
>>
>>57426652

Seems fine to me.
>>
>>57426652
Yes. The three FFG systems are meant to be cross-compatible.
>>
>>57426484
Do you know who made that design? I really like it. It's the same as the MC75 from EAW: Awakening of the Rebellion, but I could see it work as a flagship if it was just a tad larger.
>>
>>57426652
Basically just giving them 30-40xp. Not going to break anything.
>>
>>57426527
>And those I've encountered and spoke with have been rather divided on the subject.
You're really confused about the difference between data and anecdote.

I can't take your word on this because I have no way of gauging its veracity. First order versus second order information.
>>
>>57426699

Nor would the prior post be able to taken, as that also can't be verified. Which sorta puts it back to square one.
>>
>>57426587
I tought you where using pic related, I think is from the EU. The pic is from the vong at war mod.

That way to run the Rebs is my prefered too, one of the good things from R1 is than they showed more Ruthless, less heroic Rebels, it makes for more fun and nuanced games.
More ideas, dunno, some allied cell nearby tried to start an armed coup, they where lead be the nose tough, an are being squashed. They have rare stockpiles of minerals tough, and, as they see they are losing, they reached for the rebels to get them out of there, in echange of the gjuicy minerals, of course. It could be a good point to introduce an imperial agent than want to enter the local rebellion cell too.
>>57426670
Who, exactly, no but it's from the Yuuzhan Vong, empire at war : Forces of corruption mod, in moddb.com . There are a few more than are very well done, some MonCal specially.
>>
>>57426742
>>
>>57426199
That [Lie] around otherwise innocuous statements had me laughing my ass off. Honestly, that little section where you play the droid is the best thing in the game.
>>
>>57426796
Yeah. Those were fantastic.
>>
>>57426795
>>
File: SW_MC80B - Battleship.jpg (7.75 MB, 1773x7615)
7.75 MB
7.75 MB JPG
>>57426808
>>
>>57426087
People probably wouldn't have thought this if Kylo wasn't a much more relatable and sympathetic character than Rey.
>>
>>57426199
IIRC those droids show up on Nar Shaddaa in the Restored Content Mod
>>
>>57426742
Huh. Someone took Providence freighter from EVE and Star Wars-ified it a bit.
>>
>>57426208
This, they were absolutely central characters in the OT (they're the first important characters we see, and even though 3PO getting destroyed is a running gag, they're extremely important in every movie.
>>
>>57426742
>>57426795
>>57426808
>>57426827
Thanks for saucing me and posting these. I really like them because, for once, you can actually see the weapons, hangar bays, and other equipment on the ships.
>>
>>57426869
Ha, I knew I have seen it already. Amarr ships are a beauty, what cultures in SW would use them?
Seems something the Naboo would use, if they where warlike. I make the Zygerreans (and they Farghul and Cathar allies, yeah it's a thing in my AU) use Kilrathy space ships for example.
>>57426901
That's a big plus to me too, the space cucumber filled with turrets looks a lot better, and menacing.
>>
>>57426856
Yep, in Vogga's droid warehouse.
>>
File: mc90_battleship.jpg (7.97 MB, 1697x8606)
7.97 MB
7.97 MB JPG
Excellent stuff
>>
File: corsdeck.gif (83 KB, 2413x1792)
83 KB
83 KB GIF
>>57427350
Personally, I hate the queen size fetish they get in the EU, I prefer less behemoths and more varied ships in a fleet than one wonder star ship, but that's me.
>>
>>57426742
>I tought you where using pic related, I think is from the EU. The pic is from the vong at war mod.
That's someone's OC, I think. The basic idea is the same, although our GR-105 is just slightly larger than that corvette.

I've got them working themselves into the broader Alliance problems; they discovered early TIE interceptors on the shipyard which are currently being torn apart by Special Forces techs. The ship's engineer is exchanging notes with Ackbar's A-Wing team and consulted on the MC cruiser conversions.

These are the kinds of campaigns I like playing in: where the action you're familiar with is in sight but not quite within reach.

They won't be at Yavin for the Death Star but they'll hear about it and be involved in accelerating the refits, repairs, and procurement in preparation to fight the Empire on more direct terms.
>>
>>57427490
The MC90 is 1255m long. Pic related, the Nebula-class, is just 1040m, so quite a step down from the 1600m of the Imperial star destroyers.

The general theme with the Empire and the bad guys in general is size and scare tactics. The good guys (Rebels/republic) always have varied fleets of smaller vessels.
>>
>>57426827
one of the ships I'd love to see in Armada
>>
So what's a good name for a faction who's whole game is selling clone wars surplus weapons under the empire's nose?
>>
>>57425440
Some models are very specifically mentioned to exceed their programming if they go on long enough. Astromechs are prone to this, r2 being one of them.
>>
>>57427581
I know, I know, normally the ISD is the largest ship you will encounter in a game (unless you really fucked up and have enraged a Moff), the Empire, being the absolute hegemon of half the Galaxy, and they doctrine being what is it, make some sense than they use capital ships than are more than a Km long, but at that point they are more walkin (or chasing, they are still very fast space ships)space stations. When the Remnants of it start doing them tough, I have a harder time swallowing it, and I lost the count of the "not ISD" than are also super weapons. I adore the ISD, seen him being bastardized so many times is a bit enraging, but that's my inner nerd getting the most of me. They don't seem to have a sense of scale, look how massive those MonCal cruiser are, and the ISD is even bigger.

Anyway, for games, I prefer to use the minor ships. The Nebula class are cute, one of the Not ISD than I love (along the arquitens, venator, gladiator and a few more), pic related is pretty good.
>>
File: 1485394126375.jpg (52 KB, 374x500)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>57425440
>Nah, droid personality is inherently limited by their programming. Bullying a droid is like bullying a refrigerator.
That's demonstrably untrue in movie canon.

Droids that go without memory wipes develop personalities. C-3PO and R2-D2 are extreme examples of this having gone multiple decades without memory wipes, but Chopper and BB-8 also seem to demonstrate that droids are sapient enough to develop personalities left to their own devices.
>>
>>57427788
now that is a sexy ship model, here I was thinking Thrawn’s Revenge was the best for ship models and the Vong War one has these

I love the New Republic New Class ship designs
>>
>>57426047
"Understanding and learning from the past is the most beneficial path that can be taken and neither wallowing in it or trying to destroy it will end well for any parties involved".
>>
File: Spoiler Image (14 KB, 630x630)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>57426122
He keeps shedding the physical, literal attachments.
But pic related.
Also he's not a Sith.
>>
>>57427711
Honest Bob's Milsurp Market
Drebin
Starbird Shipping & Mercantile
Federal Trade Co.
Commercial Industrial Shipping
Corellian Interstellar Storage
Corporate Information Systems
Craig's Imported Software
Solar Integrated Communications
Council of Interdependent Suns
>>
>>57426832
This is intentional, Rian spent the entire build-up to TLJ on blast for daring to make a ~!@#@$NAZI~!~#!@#!@ sympathetic in any way.
Defending that decision is one of the few things I respect about him.
>>
>>57424141
>>57424160
IIRC IG-88 gets his AI into the Death Star and tries to start a droid revolution or something because he wants to go full kill all humans mode. The idea is a second war is basically going on aboard the DS2. It's on the dumb side of things but as not as dumb as some other EU stories is, but it's among the most pointless. It contributes nothing to the story, doesn't give any more weight to either side, and nothing comes of it at all because the DS explodes and the "droid revolution" ends. It was a classic case of trying to shove more details into something that weren't needed at all.

>>57424966
And the thing there is the Imp ships were holding pretty well, but Ackbar took a massive risk seeing they weren't returning fire and assumed that they were having technical difficulties or something, so he decided to kamikaze them basically and move every ship in close range. It's why the Imp ships lasted so long without firing, because as he states ISD-IIs would wipe the floor with his ships in close range, but if they're not shooting, he could overwhelm them with numbers and take them down. Very risky move that paid off, and when Piett's genuinely great admiral skills kicked in and he decided "fuck the orders, kill these guys", it was unfortunately too late.

>>57425100
The thing is Palpatine basically told his officers he had an ace in the hole that would result in the whole Rebel fleet giving up without a shot, and they were to only keep them from escaping. Palps figured Luke would join him very quick once he realized the Rebel fleet was on the line, so that was the bargaining chip. It really wasn't stupidity in terms of writing, but a pride folley. Palpatine was so convinced that he could make Luke a Sith, and when Luke beat up his bodyguard, tried to attack him, and then defied him in the smuggiest way, Palps ignored the goings-on outside and took out his anger on Luke.
>>
File: Is there life on Hoth.jpg (91 KB, 640x640)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>mfw my headcanon is unironically that a musician exists in star wars who's a really big deal
>named ziggy stardust
>>
>>57427809
>the greatest flaw in R2 units' programming was compassion.[8]
If you look at the legends pages for all the R-series units it talks a fair bit more about personality programing.
>>
>>57428194
I don't get it anon. What's the point of this being a headcanon, when anyone in their right mind would agree that this is the truth?
>>
>>57424361
>Rebel scum

Not a lot. There’s a subreddit with some discussion on Legion, I guess Australian distributors have product in hand. Also, Miniature Market is sold out of preorders of the core set, apparently I got two of the last few available.

Also going to order an AT-ST and maybe a Snowspeeder since my kid wants to paint the Rebels.
>>
>>57426047
Men suck so, so hard.
>>
>>57426471
One problem here is that aside from Leia and Poe, what's left of the resistance leadership?
>>
>>57428621

I mean, what's left of the resistance to actually lead?
>>
>>57428635
>We've got everything we need.
Things will be back to normal by the start of the next movie. There will be a few year timeskip to Leia's funeral, Poe having assumed leadership of the rebuilt Resistance. It won't actually matter.
>>
>>57428711

Im still somewhat taken aback that they legit followed on from TFA by a couple seconds on Achto and a couple hours elsewhere.

Like, if they'd had a few months timeskip we could have had some of the Luke/Rey arguments mentioned in their conversation, but we could have at least said "oh that's why she's so good, she's been spending a few months training under Luke fucking Skywalker".
It would've explained how the First Order have managed to take on half the galaxy in such short order.
Just move the base from D'Qar and have them be running away from some other hidden base, losing half their shit, and then comepletely change the chase concept becuase its awful
>>
>>57428621
From what was implied there's quite a bit of resistance left in the Outer Rims. They just didn't respond to their leader's distress calls.

Though to be fair actually taking a few PDF ships to try to fight the First Order Flagship fleet and save a few Resistance hundred survivors is objectively a stupid idea, so maybe the remaining leaders were just being practical.
>>
>>57421634
No, the decision to have Kenobi die on the Death Star came from Lucas's wife and editor. The Death Star escape lacked emotional weight because there were no consequences. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan had pretty much nothing to do after the escape except tell Luke to use the Force at a critical juncture. So, she floated the idea of Obi-Wan sacrificing himself in order for the others to escape, and him using the Force to speak to Luke despite being dead.

Which, by the by, is how worldbuilding is done in movies. You don't put stuff in for the sake of the setting, you put it in for the sake of the story you're trying to tell and let the expanded materials, well, expand on what the movie has.
>>
>>57428773
>a couple seconds on Achto and a couple hours elsewhere
Alright, is this real or is this just a fucking meme? I didn't understand it when I saw it in theaters because Rey seemed to be with Luke for at least a whole day, if not two, but they say the Resistance has 16 hours of fuel left.
>>
>>57428858

I mean I figured that the film isnt showin things in perfect order - like, we see what is obviously a good few hours or day after the end of TFA for the Resistance, whilst for Rey it's literally a couple of seconds since the tracking shot with her holding the lightsaber.

Then again, I guess that could just be the travel time for her to Ach-to, but nucanon seems to forget that hyperspace HAS travel time, so who fucking knows with that one.

But yeah, they definitely talk about how the fleet only has a day's fuel left (at absolute maximum) while she seems to spend multiple days on ach-to.

So unless they remained all hidden up on Crait for like half a day before the FO attacked, I cant really see any way (even with nucanon hyperdrive speed) that she could have been there for a few days but still arrived when she did.

So... yeah, maybe the whole 'time is slower on ach-to' theory is real.
>>
>>57428920
>>57428858
>theory
Dagobah had the same issue, implied in a ref book and outright stated in at least one novelization iirc
So time moving at the speed of plot in a planet strong with the force isn't unprecedented.
>>
>>57428621

I'm pretty sure that one Asian guy who showed up in TFA is still alive. I don't even think he was in TLJ at all, though.
>>
File: Xanadu_Blood.jpg (44 KB, 496x320)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
What is your opinion on this starfighter?
>>
>>57429052
It's a little dorky, but I'd fly it.
>>
>>57428920
What the fuck, I guess I'm too stupid to understand non-linear Star Wars movies now.

>>57428965
I always got the feeling Luke wasn't on Degobah very long, and that's why he got his ass kicked, but they never really elaborate on how long Vader held Han and Leia.
>>
>>57429092
I always thought Luke was on Degobah a few days, like 3-4.
We know it was at least one day of full training and then going to the cave because Yoda says something like, that's enough for "today"
Also they had to travel at sub-light speed to Bespin, which probably took a lot seeing how Han said it was pretty far away.
They also spend enough time in the meteorite to fix the Falcon.
>>
>>57429052
Pretty decent. I wonder it it's the main non-droid fighter the Confederacy uses, but it seems expensive.
>>
>>57426808
>>57426484

I'm a big fan of the hangar decks on these. Sort of like a dorsal version of the ISD's ventral bay.
>>
>>57429595
I've seen it mostly piloted by magna guards, the combat algorithms in them turned out to be well suited to learning space combat
>>
File: Major Tom Stardust.jpg (298 KB, 937x1171)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>57428194
>>
>>57424519
>>57424683
>>57424698
I prefer this one, goes along the original design more and I imagine it as a what if Incom got full rights to the A-Wing and produced something without a touch of Kuat to it.
>>
>>57426047
People will argue endlessly about things until you give them another thing to talk about.
>>
>>57430042
What's wrong with kaut?
>>
>>57430042
>what if Incom got full rights to the A-Wing
That's just the regular old A-wing in Legends.
>>
>>57426471
>I think the message was "have faith in your leaders"

For the constant portrayal of the FO as being [insert horrific fascist ideology here], the ST does an awful job of actually showing why. Democracy has failed on a galactic scale because it didn't keep you safe or represent you, and you should have unquestioning faith in your strong leaders to see you through times of crisis. That's a pretty fascistic line of thought.
>>
>>57430007

Stealing this for my next game.
>>
What are some good ships to give to a band of pirates post civil war?
>>
>>57430248
Well it is spawned from the Disney empire, I suspect they don't know how to not be like that even when they try. It's like Mr. Burns trying to get into recycling
>>
>>57430286
Uglies were very commonly used by small-time pirates.

The Scum range in X-Wing is probably a good guide for more successful pirates, honestly. Along with Cloakshape fighters and probably some Corellian models, like the YT line.
>>
>>57430286

In the years after Endor, I'd imagine you'd see a steady flow of smaller-scale Imperial surplus in addition to the usual GCW-era stuff. Certainly no ISDs, maybe at best a VSD or a Gladiator (and even that might be pushing it). Definitely a lot of TIEs (modified into Uglies or otherwise), probably a lot of Gozantis and other light craft.
>>
>>57430248
>FO
>Fascist
Do they even have any economic or social policies that parallel actual fascism? They always struck me as just another generic military dictatorship that is too poorly fleshed out to neatly fit into a specific totalitarian ideology.
>>
>>57430501
You're right, it's not specifically fascist, it's just a dictatorship, the two are just used interchangeably a lot - which is incorrect. My bad, I should be more specific.
>>
>>57430286
Some clone wars surplus (the rebels Y-wing for example), z-95 headhunters are classic for well to do pirates, dpending of how you want to delve in Legends stuff (as you should) stuff like Uglies or Pinooks are cool, T-wings or Cloackshapers for well to do Pirates.
Capital ship wise, Q-ship or at best Corvettes/converted carriers.
>>
>>57430501
They're really more like North Korea's monarchy/communism hybrid, what with the universal conscription and full mobilization of all resources behind the military, but with a mystical supreme leader instead of a conventional military dictator.
>>
>>57430338
One of the few good things about the Nu-canon, is than uglies no longer exist. At leas I can have peace about that. No should mix Y-wing and a tie fighters.
>>
File: 1487693806464.jpg (383 KB, 1920x954)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>57430286
There would be a lot of Z-95s, Y-Wings, Aethersprite, Cloakshape fighters available.

Most pirates can't maintain anything larger than a corvette operationally, but some of them manage to operate fleets with multiple patrol ships, and a handful even maintain frigates.
>>
>>57430338
>>57430396
>>57430539
All of these (excepting TIEs) sound pretty much like what you one would expect pirates to get their hands on during the civil war. I guess pirates aren't exactly on the cutting edge, technology wise. I'm planning to give the pirates a Dreadnought (Imperial leftover at an abandoned secret dockyard; heroes need to get rid of it before the pirates get it operational), so I was thinking they should have something less venerable in the fighter department.

Speaking of Dreadnoughts, any ideas for WW1 tank style what were they thinking level engineering to challenge and impair the players in case they make their way inside the behemoth?
>>
>>57430630
>not liking uglies
Heresy.
>>
>>57430586
>a mystical supreme leader instead of a conventional military dictator.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/nov/30/unicorn-lair-discovered-north-korea
>>
>>57425250
>>mr No Fun Allowed
>Literally, figuratively, spiritually, phantasmagorically, categorically, historically who?
Odan-Urr, according to the wook
>>
>>57430706
I would forget about the dread as the Pirates main ship, it's a very big ship than needs THOUSANDS of men to crow, also for a pirate, a space ship like the Carrack, than is fast , packs a punch, strong and durable, would be the ideal privateer space ship, the only downsize is the lack of star decks for space fighters (but a few modified freighters could do the trick as cheap carriers). Also look at what is the resistence using in the ST, they are still using X-wings and A-wing with a little update, after 30 years and a powerful senator with lots of contacts with the old rebel alliance fighting wing, Pirates, uless funded be a big family like the Zhan Consortium, the Hutt or the Black sun, are lucky to even get Civil war era star ships.
>>
>>57430817
>it's a very big ship than needs THOUSANDS of men to crow
If the pirate captain is supposed to be some famous bigshot, maybe he could have stolen a dread from the fabled masterwork bastard fleet instead.
>>
>>57430706

A Dreadnaught would be pretty acceptable, yeah. Empire, Rebels, and Planetary Security Forces all used them, so they're common enough for criminals to get their hands on them. Only the Imperial refits had hangars by default, and even then only for a single TIE squadron.

As for obstacles once they get on board, maybe something like the Bull Tank fight from the first Metal Gear? The PCs get trapped in a dead-end corridor by some kind of armored vehicle with a massive shield they can't blast through or scale. They have to:

>Throw grenades over the shield to destroy the tank
>Climb over the shield and take out the crew
>Find some kind of concealed vent/escape hatch
>>
File: Female Leads.png (1.63 MB, 1933x524)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
Alright /swg/
>Marry one
>Fuck one
>Friendzone one
>>
>>57426208
>and barely do anything in the films
R2 is literally the one that gets Luke to get off his lazy ass and start teaching Rey rather than be a depressed hobo
>>
File: AssaultFrigate-SOTGse.jpg (178 KB, 672x704)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>57430817

Eh, the Rebels were able to modify/automate a few of them enough to reduce the crew amount by a good two thirds. 5,000 is still a pretty tall order, but at least slightly more manageable.
>>
>>57430973
Can I just put them all on one planet and fire a super laser at their location? All of the choices are equally shit.
>>
>>57430817
They have loads of slaves and a mysterious benefactor (never guess which order) that would rather like they carve up a pocket empire of their own out of some New Republic backwater. The ship will be running about as well as you would expect, when the crew complement is about 50% of normal and consists primarily of slaves and slack jawed Outer Rim yokels. The real danger is not the entire ship, but just the weapon blisters where capable crew members are concentrated. The players need to disable the guns before they can launch an attack on the dockyard where the ship is getting put back together.
>>
>>57425357
Being mean to a droid for no reason is like being mean to a dog for no reason. I guess sure you can, but why?
>>
>>57430864
That would do, and makes for an interesting encounter, you could fluff it as a cibertronian nightmare interior or some shit like that. Another option would be a refit like the ones the Rebels did with they own Dreads, than they converted them to the Assault frigates to reduce the need for crews. Still high need for crew.
Other cool main ships for pirates would be a Lucrehaulk or a providence, both ex separatist, clone war surplus and could be crewed be Thousands of droids. Tough pirates and big ships don't tend to mix, tough in ST canon there is a SSD pirate captain...
>>
>>57425426
Nope. They're explicitly non-sentient. I don't think you should just be a cunt to them just because, but I also do not think they are any more deserving of rights than, say, a cat.
>>
>>57430973
I miss Leia
>>
>>57425553
The game can have whatever stance it likes, but droids ain't people. Kenobi says it straight on film
>>
>>57430538
>>57430586
>a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.
Interpret "nation" as "the galactic empire" and "race" as "humans (rather than aliens)" and it's perfectly appropriate to call the First Order a fascist movement.

I'm pretty sure that Hux' speech in TFA was inspired by a speech of either Hitler or Himmler.
>>
>>57430973
Marry felicity jones, nut on rey's enormous forehead, disregard Iden.
>>
>>57431025
>tough in ST canon there is a SSD pirate captain...
Which is retarded. In Empire at War you play as a Crime Sue who manages to steal Sheev's personal SSD, and he abandons it because he figures out that he can't actually hold it.
>>
File: 1513465487727.jpg (183 KB, 1280x1978)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>57424330
What's the coolest species, and why is it the Chiss?
>>
File: Roark Dumas.png (1.59 MB, 2400x3200)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>57431169

You spelled Duros wrong.
>>
>>57431169
>too cool and aloof to interact with the galaxy but easy grand admiral if they apply themselves
Fucking snowflakes.
>>
File: dougchiang.jpg (182 KB, 1600x1200)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>57431169
Gungans that aren't Jar Jar.
>militaristic
>xenophobic
>bones are cartilage
>amphibious but are fine everywhere from Mon Cal to Tattoine
>~300* FOV from stalk eyes
>decent domestic automobile industry
>fat feet lead to 30% more curbstomp damage
>>
>>57431074
I think the issue comes from not knowing how the FO govern when they're in control. We can assume it's awful and Empire like, but we don't really know for sure, so without knowing their economic situation or how they organise society (beyond human supremacy) you can't say they're for sure fascist rather than just being a dictatorship.
>>
>>57430973
marry iden, fuck jyn, kill rey
>>
>>57431074
>I'm pretty sure that Hux' speech in TFA was inspired by a speech of either Hitler or Himmler.
It has similar imagery to the Nuremburg rally shown in Triumph of the Will, and shares the general sentiment their speeches sometimes had of representative democracies being weak.
>>
>>57431228
They're also the most fun faction in Galactic Battlegrounds.
>>
>>57431238
True. Nucanon isn't fleshed out enough yet.
>>57431257
Thanks, that's probably what I meant.
>>57431259
They're definitely way better than the fucking Naboo
>>
File: 1514232193000.jpg (35 KB, 465x493)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>57431169
Geonosians. I jsut like how they are this weirdo ant-hive societywho organise gladiatorial games straight out of Flash Gordon but are still technically adept to build and maintain the friggin Droid army, and depending how you interept the some scenes in II and II, were the original designers of death star.

There is something stragnely cool about how they are both somewhat primitive but still insanely technologically advanced at same time.
>>
>>57431074
>>57431238
The Empire wasn't really fascist though, it had elements of it, but (at least in Legends) it was an extremely varied entity. It had bits of fascism, plain monarchy, some level of pretend-democracy in its early days.
>>
>>57431308
Geoscum genocide best day of my life
>>
File: Hutt Fleet.jpg (413 KB, 1200x772)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>57431169
How is that even a question? Hutts are literally and figuratively oozing coolness.
>>
File: Verpine.png (725 KB, 680x1250)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
>>57431308
Stand aside, superior bug people coming through
>>57431323
Yeah but then Nazi Germany and fascist Italy weren't purely fascist either. The Galactic Empire had
>one "super-human" leader with a cult of personality
>strong militarism
>totalitarian indoctrination of the public
>strict hierarchical organisation
>belief in the superiority of one group of sentient beings
>corporate favoritism and nepotism
>imperialism and expansionism
>forced labor camps
>propagation of anti-democratic sentiment
>insane investment in wondrous new weaponry
>violent crackdown on criminals, dissidents and rebellious groups
>>
>>57431308
Also they speak in belching.
>>
>>57431401
Hutts should be removed.
A shame the Empire never went and fucked their shit up.
>>
>>57431425
>>corporate favoritism and nepotism
I'm not a Wehraboo who will defend brutal totalitarian states, but corporate nepotism and support of corporations has nothing to do with fascism. Usually fascist states adopt a stance that's pro lower class, as in gives them a form of welfare but doesn't entirely abolish the rights of corporations. Fascists often saw capitalism as an enemy as much as socialists did.

I'd best compare the Empire to Franco's Spain. It had a fascist wing, yes, but ultimately it was a dictatorship of various colors that all appealed to the leader (Franco).
>>
>>57429092
I honestly don't mind the time explanation as long as we don't delve into Hyperbolic Time Chamber levels of bullshittery
force moves in mysterious ways etc.
>>
>>57430973
Marry Rey
Fuck Jyn
Friendzone Versio
>>
>>57430973
Marry Jyn, fuck Rey, kill Traitor McTraitorface.
>>
>>57429092
>I always got the feeling Luke wasn't on Degobah very long, and that's why he got his ass kicked, but they never really elaborate on how long Vader held Han and Leia.
The plot of ESB goes over several weeks at most. I think it's regarded as the shortest Star Wars movie in-universe.
>>
File: 1511920732340-toy.jpg (131 KB, 545x560)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>57431538
Yuh
Her smile is super qt and genuine, like when someone has a silly dolphin laugh.
>>
File: Colicoid2.jpg (41 KB, 392x598)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>57431425
I think you meant the Colicoids, anon.
>>
>>57431635
>even when I stand, I still recline
>>
>>57431587
>The plot of ESB goes over several weeks at most. I think it's regarded as the shortest Star Wars movie in-universe.
Wouldn't that be TLJ? That takes place over like 2 days at the most.

Also apparently rescuing Princess Leia and the battle of Yavin both take place on the same day, going by what Vader says. ANH was a pretty short period of time too.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkBPP5c63q0
>>
File: firmenschild.jpg (402 KB, 1132x1748)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>57431472
Fascism and corporate favoritism go hand in hand, at least if we look at the ideology's history. I haven't read any fascist political theory myself, so I don't know about their ideals. Free-market capitalism is the enemy of fascism, but an economy of big corporations favored by the regime is not the same thing. Fascism was only good for the lower classes because it told them exactly what to do, and as long as they did, everything was fine for the party.
>The Fascist regime created a corporatist economic system in 1925 with creation of the Palazzo Vidioni Pact, in which the Italian employers' association Confindustria and Fascist trade unions agreed to recognize each other as the sole representatives of Italy's employers and employees, excluding non-Fascist trade unions.
>The period from 1933 to 1937 was characterized by the systematic elimination of non-Nazi organizations that could potentially influence people, such as trade unions and political parties.
>Franco initially pursued a policy of autarky, cutting off almost all international trade. [...] In 1940, the "Vertical Trade Union" was created. It was inspired by the ideas of José Antonio Primo de Rivera,[citation needed] who thought that class struggle would be ended by grouping together workers and owners according to corporative principles.
Sources are wikipedia
>>
>>57431728
>Wouldn't that be TLJ?
I guess now it would be, though I'm not sure. Was there anything on how long Rey's training took? I don't remember.

>ANH
the last half yeah, but apparently those droids spend a long ass time on Tatooine,
>>
>>57430973
>fucking separate from marrying
Yeah, nah
I'd do both with imperial girl and leave the other two
>>
>>57431791
>Imperial Girl
All three of those girls are rebel scum
>>
>>57431782
>Was there anything on how long Rey's training took?
No but they do mention how many hours the fuel the Raddus has left.

>the last half yeah, but apparently those droids spend a long ass time on Tatooine,
I always figured it was the next day, since R2 and 3PO are shown wandering around during the day, R2 gets captured as it is getting dark out, the sand crawler is shown moving at night, and the next time we see the sand crawling its day time and arriving at the moisture farm. You are right though, there is no indication of how long they send on Tatooine.
>>
Is the future of X-wing going to be just loads of fucking with firing arcs? It seems like there's been a whole lot of that the past few waves. Are we going to start seeing rearward or sideways bullseye arcs? Ships with left and right but not forwards firing arcs? More mobile arcs?
>>
>>57432042
the Raddus fuel gets mentioned, and we see Kylo get his face stitched up right after the initial attack on the Raddus before he forcetimes Rey. Means from their first conversation Rey goes from hating Kylo enough to shoot him on sight to trusting him within 18 hours.
>>
>>57430973
eh...marry rey, fuck iden, forget jyn
>>
File: 1485386663361.jpg (63 KB, 619x826)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>57431169
>implying it's not Herglics
>>
File: 1473457476496-tg.jpg (260 KB, 496x624)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>57432252
Muh hergga
>>
Has anyone here done a campaign that went from EOTE, to AOR, FAD? How did you handle the transition?
>>
>>57432042
>>57432229
I like to imagine Star Wars movies like "based on a true story" films from whichever side won: They depict what actually happened in the universe, but they pack it into a neat two-and-a-half hour format with an arc of suspense, leaving out the boring details, and everything.
I heared someone claim that Luke trained six months under Obi-Wan before they even set out to leave the planet. That would fit in better with how much Obi-Wan's death upsets Luke later in the movie. In my headcanon, Luke went back to Dagobah between Ep 5 and 6 and only became a Jedi Knight through the training he received there.
I think with the prequels it's pretty clear that they're taking place over an extended period of time, but all the other movies are cut in a way that makes them look like they take place in a single day, maybe two. That is good for suspense, but it can get confusing.
>>
>>57432361
>I heared someone claim that Luke trained six months under Obi-Wan before they even set out to leave the planet. That would fit in better with how much Obi-Wan's death upsets Luke later in the movie
I don't believe it would take Leia 6 months just to be brought to the Death Star. Plus, people keep exaggerating the timing and relationship of Luke's mourning Obiwan's loss. If you're a great hero and mentor taking me under your wing, I could know you for barely five minutes and I'd still mourn your death.
>>
>>57426523
Droids don't feel pain. They have self-preservation programming. They exclaim when damaged because they recognize that losing a fucking limb or whatever is bad for their survival.
>>
>>57432618
Leia could have been held captive and tortured for much longer.
>>57432629
>Droids don't feel pain. They have self-preservation programming.
That's exactly the function of pain in biological beings.
>>
>>57426869
It's just a bigger version of the rebel transports first seen is ESB. The reverse is likely true
>>
>>57432672
6 months is pretty ridiculous. The Death Star would've been lingering right outside of what used to be Alderaan for that entire time waiting for the Falcon to show up.
>>
>>57427788
>minor ship
>Nebula-class SD

Anon those ships can go toe-to-toe with Imperial IIs. Ain't nothin "minor" about them
>>
How thoroughly were droid factories and salvagable remains destroyed by the empire? Because it seems like that's a big pool of assets that rebles would like to make use of
>>
>>57431467
>implying they could

Back to your cubicle now Impfag
>>
>>57432911
since the CIS leaders had a direct off switch to the entire droid army in one spot, I'm sure they also could pinpoint the locations of every droid in their arsenal and factory that built them, so with the exception of smart cookies like Kalani refusing to shut down, I'm sure the Empire dismantled almost all of them. If the Empire couldn't find any outside of those, the rebels probably wouldn't have much better luck.

Well, on the other hand, Rebels shows that a fuckton of CIS and Republic materiel was just abandoned after the war, so feel free to disregard the above paragraph.
>>
>>57432911
Not very thoroughly
Droid armies were constantly reactivated and the zann consortium used a lot of cis spaceships
>>
>>57433034
wait, are my boys canon again?
>>
>>57431472
Historically fascism was very much corporatist. You cab argue the intricacies of their philosophy, but in practice they showed corporate favoritism just as much as they supported the working class
>>
>>57432672
Yes, it is, but it is also not necessarily the same. Plants and crustaceans don't feel pain as we do, but still avoid things that damage them of they can.
>>
>>57432629
Putting hot irons on the feet of a Gonk probably shouldn't fuck it up in any meaningful capacity given where they generally worked.
It still screamed.
>>
>>57433049
they're a minor enemy mentioned in either the diablo clone that got closed or the strategy game, I forget which
So just barely canon.
>>
>>57433049
I dunno why you want them to be nu-canon. Imagine what shitty deal could they end getting.
>>
>>57433019
>implying they couldn't
The most likely reason they didn't is because the amount of resources needed to be committed to do that wasn't worth the benefits of removing the Hutts. And I'm sure the Empire used their services frequently enough.

Also were the Hutts ever fucked over after the movies? I know that the New Republic was fucked over constantly while fighting whatever the Empire decided to call themselves that week. But I doubt that they would be okay with what was happening in that part of the galaxy.
>>
>>57433148
>these are my one and only means of movement
>you are severely damaging them
>stop
>>
>>57433303
>probably shouldn't fuck it up in any meaningful capacity
Do you know how hot tarmacs get.
>>
>>57433303
Threepio's less distraught over getting completely mangled than that gonk fucking the freak out is.
>>
>>57433300
Yeah I always understood it as that kind of situation. Yes, the probably could conquer Hutt space but it would take such an investment of time and resources that it wouldn't be worth any benefit they'd gain.

I believe they were conquered by the Vong, but generally no I think they pretty much survived all the wars and regime changes pretty much intact
>>
>>57433316
Not as hot as the temp it takes to get metal red-hot and keep it there in open air
>>
>>57433336
That's fair. He's also probably orders of magnitude smarter, so he probably doesn't have programming as overriding as a gonk.
>>
How's this for an X-Wing list for a new player in a not that competitive environment? Will I get blown off the table?

Vader, Adv Targeting Comp, Squad Leader, TIE/x1 - 32
Colonel Vessery, Ion Cannon, Predator, Stealth Device, TIE/D - 44
Academy Pilot - 12
Academy Pilot - 12
>>
>>57426471
> In fact I think the message was "Have confidence/faith in your leaders."
Vice Admiral PMS was a terrible leader. You don't withhold mission critical information from the officers under your command. Her "plan" as observed by everyone under her command was to continue running with no plan until they eventually get slaughtered like dogs. The mutiny was justified because by all indications she was incapable of command and was paralyzed by the severity of the situation.

The only thing that saved Holdo was the asspull of "Lol, there is a planet with a super fortress right off screen guys. We can fly there in these cloaking shuttles ^_^"

That is critical information that would have prevented the mutiny if she would have shared it with her senior officers. Acting like a feminazi dictator by talking down to all of her subordinates and refusing to share her plan nearly ended the rebellion right there. All that it would have taken was one more lucky hit from the empire to kill her like the rest of the bridge staff died and the entire plan would have died with her.

You DO NOT withhold mission critical information from your senior officers. If she would have shared her workable plan with Poe and the other senior officers, then they would have supported her in executing that plan instead of trying to find a way to save the rebellion from a clueless leader with no plan. Fin and Shrek wouldn't have gone on their sidequest, the random hacker dude wouldn't have been brought to the super-duper star destroyer to remind them to turn their anti-cloaking sensors on, and the rebellion would have escaped to the planet's surface while chasing the decoy cruiser.

The massive casualties were all Holdo's fault.
>>
File: 1486276470150.jpg (209 KB, 912x958)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>57430973
>Fuck Jyn
>Marry Iden
>Friendzone Rey
>>
>>57431167
using EaW to call something else retarded is like arguing who has the worst case of downs

the zann consortium is the dumbest shit in all the eu outside the crystal star
yes even dumber than the force unleashed
>>
>>57433693
How did nobody know there were shuttles on board?

Do these ships not have a cargo manifest? Does nobody know what is in the hangars?
>>
What are some cool ideas I can use for the clone wars that doesn't use the lameass official canon in my upcoming campaign?
>>
>>57434038
I had thought the hanger had gotten blown to shit anyway.
>>
>>57434038
The shuttles were known, them being rigged for cloaking so they wouldn't get immediately spotted and shot wasn't. Hence Poe's rant about them being unarmed and unshielded.
>>
>>57433693
Poe is still at fault for staging a mutiny. You don't get absolved of responsibility for doing something wrong when someone else does something wrong, too.

And let's not forget that none of it would have happened if Finn hadn't tried to desert.
>>
>>57431323
>>57431425
The thing is, most political ideologies overlap in some form or another. A lot of ideologies are similar to Fascism, and Fascism is similar to a lot of ideologies.

I don't find it a bad philosophy myself, but I do disagree with the Empire being Fascist. It's got elements of it, but it's inspired by a few dozen government types and tropes that to pin it to one thing isn't gonna work when you've got a D&D wizard leading a British empire with Roman names enforced by a cyborg samurai fielding a Japanese navy and WW1 German infantry.
>>
>>57430973
Marry Jyn, Fuck Rey, kill the nonwhite because i dont race mix.
>>
>>57434176

I honestly only rooted for Poe at first because I knew him from the last movie and he occasionally did some cool shit, and even then just barely. If I'd gone into TLJ blind, I probably would've hated both him and Holdo equally.

Whatever way you slice it, their whole side-arc was hands down the dullest, least interesting part of the movie. It's characters you don't care about fighting for no reason in a situation that makes no sense.
>>
>>57434068

I think there was a secondary shuttle bay? I don't remember, somebody post that cross-section of the Raddus again.
>>
>>57430248
Because Disney wants you to think that because they say it's bad that means it is. As it's often said, you're not supposed to question it, you're supposed to applaud it, and if you don't, you're some variation of 964,043 word combinations related to bigotry.

And no, I'm not exaggerating. Remember the immediate response to critique of MaRey Sue?
>uh how can rey do all this shit with no experience better than even the old cast and then anyone else in the movie too
>WOW ARE YOU SEXIST OR SOMETHING
>>
>>57434365
I think you're forgetting all the actual retards who literally were mad because rey was female and finn was black, they weren't talking about you when they said that stuff

I mean even we get autists from /pol/ posting in here about politics every other thread and shit like this: >>57434296
>>
>>57434365
>Because Disney wants you to think that because they say it's bad that means it is.
They're bad because they blew up a bunch of planets, dude.
>>
>>57434426
a few threads ago we had someone talking about marching the military into California and gunning down civilians, and a few threads before that someone arguing that white genocide was real.

yeah. not everyone who criticizes the sequels is racist or sexist. but racist and sexist people have been, so, sometimes people with valid criticisms get caught in the crossfire.
>>
>>57433910
That's still a completely valid comparison when even someone as cartoonishly hypercompetent as zann knows that he can't field an ssd
>>
>>57434534
white genocide is real though
>>
>>57434534
>a few threads ago we had someone talking about marching the military into California and gunning down civilians, and a few threads before that someone arguing that white genocide was real.

The latter was a troll. The former was a probable troll.

>I think you're forgetting all the actual retards who literally were mad because rey was female and finn was black, they weren't talking about you when they said that stuff

Literally nobody hates Rey because she's female. Very few people hate Finn at all, though I will grant that most of the ones who do probably do hate him because he's black, because John Boyega did a great fucking job.
>>
>>57434479
Not that anon but given how incompetent and outright stupid the NR were, I’d be closer to cheering than booing that choice.
>>
>>57434601
>Literally nobody hates Rey because she's female.
You know as well as I do that's not true at all. If you admit that racist people hate Finn because he's black, you KNOW that sexist people hate Rey because she's female. It doesn't mean criticisms towards here aren't ALSO true, but you can't pretend sexism doesn't exist.
>>
>>57434669
The issue is that backlash against political correctness makes the genuine assholes think they have an excuse to regress things for real, two sides that do nothing but codependently justify eachother like an abusive couple
>>
>>57434601
I hate the sequels but Finn is one of my favorite characters and COULD have been my favorite. I just dislike Boyega because anytime someone makes a valid criticism about the movies he just handwaves it with, "Because I'm black the movies suck, right?"

His character would be perfect if he hadn't gone from leaving the FO to immediately happily gunning them down. His character could be so much better, it's infuriating. Have him constantly get BTFO in 7, have him grow in 8 and become attached to the Resistance with a bro in Poe and a waifu in Rose and commit in 9.

I wanted to see him hesitate to fight the FO over time until finally it culminates in a badass fight with Phasma in 9 as he finally realizes that the only way to end the bloodshed is to end the FO and if that means killing his former comrades and commander, he'll just have to mourn them later.

The biggest issue is the characters don't develop. At all. Rey is DA BEST because Kylo is super strong? Seriously? That's not development. That's asspull. The best development so far is with Kylo.
>>
>>57434602
>murdering billions of civilians is ok because a handful of those civilians were politicians whom I do not agree with
>>
>>57434669
>You know as well as I do that's not true at all.
I have never once seen any criticism of Rey that involved her tits, m8.
>>
>>57434737
I agree that his total heel-face turn is poorly done. I really do wish they'd show some conflict in him about killing people he literally grew up with. I disagree that Boyega personally plays the race card. The only time I recal him bringing it up at all was in direct response to people freaking out about a black stormtrooper.
>>
>>57434701
I absolutely believe that's true. That's why I think it's absolutely crucial that those of us who can maintain a rational discourse remain vigilance against tactics used to derail conversation or escalate hostility and call it out when it happens. Even when it's from our own side.
>>
>>57434754
I have. I've also never seen Denmark but I'm pretty sure it exists.
>>
>>57434754
You've never seen the unironic "Disney is trying to take away the role models of young boys!"? I'm sure you won't have to far to find them, m80.
>>
>>57434754
You're either lying or can't see meaning behind peoples words. Many of the people who flipped shit about TFA before it even came out were specifically "critiquing" the "SJW" takeover of Star Wars, which was obviously a thinly-vieled attack on female and black leads being the main protagonists.
>>
>>57434745
>murdering billions of evil and corrupt people in charge of the worst run government the galaxy has seen
>canon responsible for pirates
Tell me that you won’t consider killing trillions of said trillions were all Kathleen Kennedy clones.
>>
>>57434826
>You've never seen the unironic "Disney is trying to take away the role models of young boys!"? I'm sure you won't have to far to find them, m80.

Even that's not really the same thing as hating Rey because she's female, though. You could pull that off pretty easily with a better written Rey.
>>
>>57434834
>Many of the people who flipped shit about TFA before it even came out were specifically "critiquing" the "SJW" takeover of Star Wars, which was obviously a thinly-vieled attack on female and black leads being the main protagonists.

Most of those were concerned about how well the characters would be written, not about the race/gender of the characters themselves. They were just *accused* of being merely sexist or racist.
>>
there's also the relatively frequent jokes about Daisy Ridley's teeth or forehead. like it's less obvious, but male leads don't ever face the same degree of physical scrutiny.
>>
>>57434836
>every citizen of the Republic is directly responsible for the Republics policy. A corrupt government means all it's people are corrupt

By that logic every single Imperial citizen should be executed. Every German needs to die. All Americans must be shot.

No, I wouldn't. She's a shit person and writer but I don't want her dead anon
>>
>>57434896
>but male leads don't ever face the same degree of physical scrutiny.

the hell they don't, look at all the jokes about Adam Driver's weird-ass appearance. or hayden christiensen's creepy smile back in the prequel days.
>>
>>57434877
>Most of those
Maybe, maybe not, but most isn't *all* and >>57434601 said
>Literally nobody hates Rey because she's female.
>>
>>57434877
Based on my own anecdotal evidence, I would contend it was 50/50
There were more than a few genuine racists/sexists who were specifically mad about the fact that the leada were female and black. That's not to say all, or even a majority, but a not-insignificant amount of them.
>>
>>57434918
They typically don't though. Driver's torso does look fucking huge, and Anakin was legit creepy as fuck. That doesn't make it the norm. Actresses are far more likely to be scrutinized for their appearance than actors, that's just how it is

>inb4 I'm a piece of shit SJW shill
>>
>>57434918
and yet...
>>57431602
>>57431093
in this thread. none about driver or christensen.

it happens, but it's not nearly the same amount.
>>
>>57434042
What do you mean?
>>
>>57434780
I wouldn't see it as much of an issue if the FO wasn't just WHILE MALE: The Cast starring TOKEN WHITE WOMAN. Seriously, the FO was kidnapping kids from all over and the only non-white kid they stole was Finn? But I don't give a shit that he's black.

All that matters is how good the character is. And he's okay, definitely better than YAS QUEEN Rey by a long shot, but he could be so much better.
>>
>>57434921
>>57434928
fair. I will contend however that the number of people who legitimately hate Rey for her sexual organs is far lower than people who publish articles like the one mentioned in the other thread believe.
>>
File: terminal lance tlj.jpg (440 KB, 1500x762)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>57434969
>Driver's torso does look fucking huge
Even Terminal Lance is getting in on the Kylo ribbing.
>>
>>57434971
>it happens, but it's not nearly the same amount.
not a great sample size you've got.
>>
>>57434993
I can agree with that.
>>
File: 1499832931512.jpg (48 KB, 605x806)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>57435004
I'm fucking dead.
>>
>>57435004
I 100% believe he'd have moto tattoos. Big ass EGA on his shoulder or something that he got like 2 weeks out of boot and gets made fun of even today
>>
>>57434737
I would have thought phasma was a more interesting character if they had gone with the intial mamma hen persona they seemed to be going with, remembers all her troopers numbers, does patrol with them to keep spirits up and such, instead the comics have made her a slimy backstaber, which we've seen a billion times
>>
>>57435017
2 vs. 0 vs. 0, in 282 posts, that's statistically significant. I'm sure I could dig through prior threads to find more, but I don't feel like I should have to go through that much effort to prove to someone that sexism in america actually exists.
>>
>>57435066
that's not really the thing being argued though, the idea is that men don't get free passes on looking weird more often than women.

sexism itself in general? yeah. it exists. towards men as well as women, but yeah, it exists.
>>
>>57435060
I'd have loved that route because it would've been a perfect side story for Finn.

He encounters her in 8, begs her to reconsider her loyalty and she CRIES because of his betrayal and refuses to abandon HER boys and girls and obviously beats his ass. BUT she can't bring herself to kill him and watches as Poe or Rose carries him off to safety.

In 9 for the final clash between the two, he takes her down with Rose/Poe's help but refuses to kill her because even after all she's done, she helped to raise him, to train him and looked after him. He just wants her to realize that all she's done is destroy and cause senseless bloodshed for nothing. He just wants it all to end but he's tired of all the death that he's been witness to.
>>
>>57434896
Hayden's called a rapist constantly and Driver's weird-ass high pants swole body is literally the biggest meme to come from this movie next to Hamill's titty milk.
>>
>>57435141
>cries
>not knifehands
>>
>>57435138
no, it is. the argument is whether there are people who dislike Rey because she's female. the volume of physical criticisms vs. male characters was merely one example.
>>
>>57435066
You're also on 4Chan, that's a bias sample if ever there was one. If you want statistical significance you'd need to hit up all the different internet cultures and compile them.

'Course sexism exists, but that doesn't mean females get more scrutiny for their looks than males all the time. I mean how often have people made fun of Trump's appearance compared to Hillary's in the run-up to and since the election?
That also doesn't mean that everyone taking account of those appearances is inherently sexist. Plenty of people who look at ridiculous attractive females in vidja and fantasy and criticise them but don't give that same scrutiny to guys and their equally unusual proportions.
>>
>>57435141
Too sympathetic imo

Phasma doesn't need to be so eeeevil, I agree. I'd like to see her feeling betrayed, but being a FO captain her anger would soon outweigh that. He being willing and able to kill him would be one of the things that shows Finn he's going to have to fight and kill even former comrades if the FO is to be defeated.
>>
>>57435177
well, that's been answered already with "yeah, it happens, but less than hard-left media want to believe and make accusation for".
>>
>>57435198
and more than the hard-right wants to admit.
are we done?
>>
I hate when idiots claim that ToR has no good designs.
>but muh not old looking enough!!!
Who fucking cares? The shit is non-canon anyway.
>>
>>57435216
>and more than the hard-right wants to admit.
considering it's the hard-right saying it...
>>
>>57435060
Is there any kind of material or pre-production stuff with the implications of that kind of personality? I've not heard that version of her before and it seems real interesting.
>>
>>57435197
So maybe instead of abstaining from killing him, she nearly kills him but is fought off by Rose/Poe who then save him. Keep the sorrow though. He's one of HER boys and it hurts that she has to put him down but she's going to do it, no matter how much it breaks her heart.

When it comes time for him to triumph over her, she expects a death blow but he simply pulls her helmet off, tosses it to the side with her weapon and just looks at her, catching her completely off-guard. Even with all the bad she's done, he can't bring himself to kill her because she's still one of the only people he was ever attached to.
>>
>>57435224
The Sith warrior/inq ship was amazingly cool too
>>
>>57435252
Yes it was anon. I would use any class ship in ToR as a party ship bar smuggler and Trooper.
>>
>>57435251
"I'm going to have tears in my eyes while I beat your ass because you made me do it".
Sad, regretful Phasma sounds like a way more interesting character than actual Phasma.
shame that no matter what personality she got it'd be wasted and unexplored in her 5 minutes of screen time.
>>
what if women are just shit actors in general
>>
>>57435141

>ywn watch Finn and Phasma have a shirtless fistfight on top of a destroyed walker

We truly live in the worst timeline.
>>
File: the boss.png (812 KB, 1366x768)
812 KB
812 KB PNG
>>57435251
Give it the MGS3 treatment for added feels.
>I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
>>
>>57435251
I can get behind that. Again I'd refrain from having her be so emotionally attached though. Officer very often do have a lot of interest in their immediate subordinates, but Phasma is clearly quite high ranking and probably wouldn't be extremely invested in grunts. That said, I can see her taking it as a personal slight seeing as how she is the one who finishes their training. How dare he betray me?! etc etc
>>
>>57435272
I didn't like troopers or bounty hubters. I can see the aesthetic they were going for but they both ended up hideous imo
>>
>>57435303
JJ's apparently butt buddies with Kojima on top of the namedrop/everything about Punished Threepio, a rip-off of that would probably be the best part of 9. Not that that's a stellar goal to attain most likely.
>>
>>57435281
Abrams, Kennedy and Johnson can go suck some space titties and porg cock for all I care. The story could have been so good but instead we get a shitfest with terrible character growth and deus ex machina asspulls.

>>57435302
Truly the worst.

>>57435303
God, yes.

>>57435305
It'd be a sign of her devotion to the FO that even though she's a higher-up, she stills cares deeply for her troopers and it breaks her heart to see them killed and, worse, when they betray the Order.
>>
>>57435191
well, the context is ostensibly the conversations that happen here but that wasn't explicitly established.

>Plenty of people who look at ridiculous attractive females in vidja and fantasy and criticise them but don't give that same scrutiny to guys and their equally unusual proportions.
but that IS inherently sexist. sexism doesn't mean "hating women", it means perpetuating discriminatory double standards regarding sex or gender.

>'Course sexism exists, but that doesn't mean females get more scrutiny for their looks than males all the time.
that's also not what I said. I said people make fun of Daisy Ridley for her looks more than they tend to make fun of the male leads, and I gave this thread as an example. not that it doesn't happen on both sides, not that it happens across the board, not that it is the only reason people don't like Rey.
>>
>>57434971
>none about driver or christensen.
>he doesn't hear jokes like "whats bigger, snoke's flagship, rey's forehead, or kylo's chest?"

It also doesn't help that 4chan is mostly male, traditional games are mostly male, and supposedly star wars fans are mostly male, so they're only going to give a shit about females or males who look like females.
>>
>>57435141
>>57435251
>>57435281
>>57435302
>>57435303
You're making me want to ship Finn and Phasma now
>>
>>57435371
>people make fun of Daisy Ridley for her looks more than they tend to make fun of the male leads
Probably because she looks like a fucking xenomorph and before the swolening the worst you could say about Driver is he looks KINDA weird.
Not some sexism conspiracy.
>>
>>57435251

>fought off by Rose/Poe
>not by a revived cyborg TR-8R, who now lives in constant agony and wants nothing more than for his old comrade to put him out of his misery

Pathetic.
>>
>>57435369
I like it, and it opens the door for very good development of her relationship with Hux. I imagine a mega-fanatic like him only really cares about soldiers in their capacity as tools to advance the goals of the FO. I can totally see him mourning the loss of Starkiller Base with Phasma, only for her to realize that he only cares about the lost resources (and he considers soldiers as little more than a valuable resource)
>>
>>57435447
>appearances are objective

I know plenty of male friends who'd fuck her in a second if given the chance
>>
>>57435432
That conversation made you want to ship them rather than see a more familial or motherly relationship between Phasma and Finn? What?
But then I guess those aren't mutually exclusive
>>
>>57435447
dont prove my point for me people are gonna think i'm samefagging
>>
File: 1388310408374.jpg (57 KB, 919x720)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>57435475
You actually think that is an accomplishment?
Neck beards have notoriously low standards.
>>
>>57435455
Phasma will be Grievous 2.0, mark my words anon
>>
>>57430973
Marry Jyn. I love her.
Fuck the one on the right. She looks like she'd be into saying mean things about my penis.
Drop Rey off on some shithole planet for spice money.
>>
File: nanomachines.jpg (42 KB, 500x419)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>57435447
>the swolening
>tfw Episode IX will never end with Kylo Ren pulling an Armstrong
>>
File: 1433482774342.png (420 KB, 1050x600)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>57435432
I like it, reminds me of best couple
>>
>>57435458
I'd love a shot like that at the end of 7. She mourns the loss of all those troopers and he just scoffs as she walks off before saying, "What about the ships? The base itself? Lives are cheap, tools are not." And she just stops and slowly looks at him before leaving.

>>57435432
Phasma shouldn't be shipped w/ Finn. Rose is fine if they had developed that ship properly. Have her present in 7 as a Resistance agent trying to track down Solo. She's the maternal figure he never had because the FO kidnapped him as a child. Not his lover.

>>57435455
That's....a little much.
>>
>>57435511
Not even him but people can have varied tastes anon
>>
>>57435477
People have weird tastes man
>>
>>57435511
>all people who don't share the same subjective opinions as me are stupid wrong neckbeards

Symptoms of autsim include:
>>
>>57435522
Rose is too uggo to realistically be with Finn who himself is kind of uggo. I mean he's no Michael B. Jordan.
>>
>>57434826
You've probably never seen the unironic "Force is female" and "squawking saurians" comments either, I take it.
>>
>>57435432
>>57435522
I'd rather have finnrey, because I really like the idea of two people who have literally no idea how relationships work and zero experience having one, the comedic potential is incredible
>>
>>57434971
>no jokes about christensen
Oh yeah, because I DON'T LIKE SAAAAAAAAAND or YOU ARE MUH ENEMY don't get laughed at to hell and back.

What's with this Tumblr incursion today?
>>
oop, looks like /pol/'s back. somebody fire up the backup thread.
>>
>>57435621
>"Force is female"
and you've clearly never bothered to look into where that slogan, or that picture, even comes from.

but yeah Wendig is shit and should be fired into the sun.
>>
>>57435641
>bad acting and writing is the same as comments about physical attractiveness

Bad try anon
>>
>>57435641
what the fuck do those things have to do about his appearance?
>>
>>57435661
people made fun of that regarding hayden a lot too, to be fair.
>>
File: 0.jpg (8 KB, 480x360)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>57435661
>>57435666
>>>>>>>>no one's ever made fun of christensen's facial expressions
>>
>>57435609
It's fine so long as there's chemistry between the characters on-screen. The romance made no sense in 8. None. At. All.

It should be hinted at in 7 with shots of Finn staring at her until she looks in his direction and then looking away quickly because he has no clue what the fuck he's feeling.

In 8, show a bit more. She's paying attention to him now and he's still being awkward in close quarters w/ her. Poe jokes with him about it.

9, she takes the initiative in romancing Finn who has been getting encouraged by Best Bro Poe to go after her because hey, we might all die pretty soon. Might as well lose your virginity.

>>57435628
I feel like Rey/Kylo works better. Especially if they'd given Rey some actual character development instead of "Force is Female" power boosts.
>>
>>57435695
still not what we're talking about, try reading the thread
>>
>>57435711
No, what you're talking about is that it's sexist to make fun of someone's appearance if they're a woman, and acting like no one ever makes fun of how guy actors look, which is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>57435725
nope, still wrong. try again.
>>
>>57435695
Not to the same degree that people shit on Daisey for, no. Pretty sure you're baiting at this point
>>
>>57435748
t. kid who was 5 when the prequels were out
>>
>>57435711
Christensen doesn't have a huge forehead, Daisy Ridley does. What more do you want from us, anon?

We got our fix of saying "Kylo's face looks super funky, why couldn't they cast someone who looks more like either leia or han" with TFA and now we've moved on to saying "hey he was a much better actor in this movie, it's a shame rey was a wet noodle when she wasn't playing off him."
>>
File: 1508652858005.jpg (45 KB, 540x960)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>57435699
>reylo
>>
>>57435725
That's not at all what the chain is about what the fuck are you on about? It's that women get more comments about physical appearance in film than men. No one ever, ever said it didn't happen to men too. Only that it happened to women more frequently, which is objectively fucking true.
>>
You people need to shut up. Hayden Christensen is a handsome man.
>>
>>57435748
Speaking of bait, I'm gonna stop replying to yours.
>>
>>57435772
don't take the bait famawan, he's hunting for (you)s
>>
>>57435754
>I have no argument. Better switch to personal attacks

Ok anon. I'm guessing you're never actually going to contribute anything yeah?
>>
>>57435790
>famawan

tumblr's two blocks down
>>
>>57435772
>Only that it happened to women more frequently, which is objectively fucking true.

Except it isn't.
>>
>>57435786
>I am objectively wrong in this argument I started
>Time to accuse him of baiting and back out

Cool. Peace out
>>
>>57435797
the one who has no argument is you. you're just repeating the same THAT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT bullshit over and over again despite people being bang on every fucking time.
>>
>>57435621
>Implying you have to agree with either extreme
>>
>>57435820
Wrong anon genius
>>
>>57435844
you don't, but it's always a tooth and nail fight to prove that there's more than one extreme in play, and that gets frustrating sometimes.
>>
>>57435820
>talking about comments on physical appearance
>brings up Haydens bad acting, something which has exactly nothing to do with the original point
>I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG LALALA

Ok anon
>>
File: 20180114_204328.jpg (3.31 MB, 4032x3024)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
Any advice on what I should do about this accident? It's my own damn fault, and I can't find the broken piece. Help me anons, Warlord deserves to be fixed, that ship just killed an MC80 Liberty.
>>
>>57435802
Here's your (You)
>>
>>57435881
Here's your (You)
>>
>>57435869
>brings up Haydens bad acting, something which has exactly nothing to do with the original point

Except it was brought up in the context of his appearance during that bad acting.
>>
File: 1501351129488.png (233 KB, 233x465)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>>57435628
I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter
>>
>>57435911
>Oh yeah, because I DON'T LIKE SAAAAAAAAAND or YOU ARE MUH ENEMY don't get laughed at to hell and back.

No, it wasn't. Nowhere in this post is there anything about appearance. That was tacked on later when it was pointed out that it had nothing to do with appearance.
>>
>>57435949
>I am this blind and totally am not cherrypicking

Okay kid.
>>
>>57435873
what's missing?
>>
>>57435868
I getcha man.
But no, I recognise that Wendig is the other extreme and they definitely exist, we're talking about the guy who puts "zher" in one of his books in a setting where you can have aliens that are monosexed or the like, so it's not only painfully forced but you can achieve the same ends without being so overt about it. He's the worse extreme imo because he's the one publishing stories, not the other end of the spectrum.

... Actually, that makes me wanna ask: are there example of monosexed aliens or something similar in SW? I know Clawdites can sometimes be a little fast and loose with gender because they're changelings, but is there anything else like that that jumps to mind?
>>
>>57435972
>has no argument
>kid

Bye anon
>>
>>57435766
What's wrong with it? He's seriously lacking in affection. His dad and mom dumped him on his uncle who tried to kill him (still a fucking retarded story) and his master is just using him as a tool.

There's a good way to do it.

In 7, she verbally spars with him when they first meet as he's planning to torture her. Her pauses as she makes some decent points and when he notices some force sensitivity, thinks "Hey, maybe I can turn her to MY side." He fails, of course but her eventual escape intrigues him. WHY is she so naturally skilled with the Force? (still a shit story theme) Now he wants to track her down. To find Luke AND to turn her to his side because Snoke's an abusive asshole master.

In 8, she's brought before Snoke and he orders Kylo to duel her. Instead of barely any training, Luke ACTUALLY trains her. She holds her own but Kylo stills kicks her ass. And then Snoke tells him to kill her. Which confuses Kylo. Why? She's a strong Force sensitive, surely it's better to turn her, right? Cue, Snoke punishing Kylo with the Force. Which pisses him off. So Kylo holds up his unlit lightsaber to Rey and (NOT SHOWING THE SHAKY SABER) instead activates Rey's saber to eviscerate Snoke. Queue throne room fight (WITH BETTER CHOREOGRAPHY)

After the fight, Kylo tries to convince her to join him while she tries to convince him that the FO needs to die. He declines and they clash again which results in her saber getting destroyed as a bomb (planted by Finn/Rose) goes off and shuts down the flagship's power source.

I'm not sure about how 9 would work but it should end in redemption and self-imposed exile for Kylo who now realizes what he's done and suffers the agony of his choices which saw his mother, father and uncle killed and countless millions slaughtered. Until Rey convinces him that exile won't solve the problems he's caused and that together, they can work towards just that.
>>
>>57435973
Half of the communications tower was grazed off while I was maneuvering it.
>>
>>57435628
I fucking despise people like you who are most interested in turning Star Wars into some shitty slice of life comic bullshit like Scott Pilgrim.
>>
>>57436014
Pass it off as battle damage and paint the damaged bit accordingly.
>>
>>57435981
The one who has no argument is you, dude. You're cherrypicking things and ignoring everything that fails to support your ramblings.
>>
>>57436023
They're discussing having romance in a Star Wars film. You know, that thing that a good portion of ESB was dedicated to. That's not slice of life bullshit, that's just one aspect and maybe a few scenes in a 2 hour long movie.
>>
>>57436094
>that thing that a good portion of ESB was dedicated to
As long as it's nothing like what a good portion of AotC was dedicated to
>>
>>57436044
>Haydens creep smile

First mention. Relevent

>subsequent mentions of his acting that do not have anything to do with appearance

Irrelevent to the argument. Thus I called them out. Bringing up sand etc contributed nothing to the argument, because those were not lambasted for Haydens appearance, but for the writing and his delivery.

You getting pissy and calling people "kid" unironically is retarded. Just follow along anon
>>
>>57436110
And yet there you were completely ignoring that first mention. Learn to construct an argument and then you'll stop getting called kid, kid.
>>
>>57435977
Yeah, I forget what they're called, but a monogendered species actually showed up in one of the novels. They were referred to with the singular 'they' throughout
>>
>>57436023

Now that’s just unfair.

Scott Pilgrim is a thousand times better than all that Tumblr softboy coffeeshop AU bullshit.
>>
>>57436122
What? No, I was directly commenting that the mentions sand and enemy were irrelevent. Those examples had no relevence to the argument. How are you this dense?
>>
>>57436108
The biggest issue with the PT is that there wasn't a MAIN character. The OT has Luke as the MAIN character. The PT would've been better if it had focused on Obi-Wan rather than Anakin. And if Anakin had been a young man and not a kid. And if the romance hadn't been so out there. It should've been low-key.
>>
>>57436131
Also, fix your internet.
>>
So what do we actually have to look forward to in the 9th film? Because I'm not seeing anything, it's just more of what the last two movies were, this isn't a story anymore, it's just a stream of things that happen without reason...

This new trilogy is making me not care what happens because, NOTHING HAS CHANGED! It's going to be more of the big bad empire against a resistance with nothing but garbage and the "will to fight" before Rey fixes everything with more powers she has because reasons
>>
>>57436023
It's more that if there has to be a romance, it should also do something else, and comedy with a bit of character development also is the best bet IMO
>>
Ridley's fucking ugly. Asian Danny Devito is fucking ugly. Driver's kinda weird looking, less so when he has facial hair. Finn's aight now that his makeup direction advanced beyond "bathe him in vaseline at all times".
>>
>>57435772
>women get more comments about physical appearance in film than men
rey's commented on the most because on top of being THE MAIN CHARACTER (barring people jerking over whether Kylo is, maybe that'd be the case if a non-JJ ending trilogy), looks like a shaved beaver, and went from "my only emotions are slack-jawed and bug-eyes" to "MOST of my emotions are slack-jawed and bug-eyes" between films on top of an extremely unflattering costume design team that can work some nice actual duds but cannot fucking into hair only further accentuating her goddamn code lyoko looking eighthead
>>
>>57436191
I could care less what the actors look like so long as they aren't hambeasts and as long as their characters are well acted. Unfortunately, a lot of issues with the ST is poor acting/poor writing.

It's really unfortunate.
>>
>>57436236
>code lyoko
Holy fuck, you're right. CAN'T UNSEE.

Seriously, it's like the costume team WANTS people talking about her forehead.
>>
>>57436238
Honestly this.
Rey could be Steve Buschemi in a wig and I'd probably be more invested in the ST because he could probably still sell it despite appearances and awful script.
But the fact she's genuinely unpleasant to look at only furthers the issues.
>>
File: mario_alberti_03.jpg (413 KB, 1800x942)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>57424852
>What did you mean by this
Laterally the ship is wider than the original ones, so = more room for stuff, though apparently pilots don't count as stuff so you're still going to have to be a manlet to fit in it.

>>57430042
For sure, A-wings (in my mind) are still built in someone's garage by crazed mechanics, ex-pod racers and other forms of mad cunt that likes going fast. So there's probably a whole nemoidian industry out there making cheap bodykits for your hotrod. Just overnight that shit from Sumting Wongs starfighting emporium, cable tie it up and you're all good to go make Raith Sienar annoyed.
>>
>>57436322
Yeah.

I just want the first fucking female main character jedi in the movies to not be wrote and acted like shit, honestly.
>>
>>57436175
Kylo.
That's it.
That's literally it. I genuinely can't think of a reason besides "well it's Star Wars" to care about 9 outside of what Kylo's doing, personally.
Maybe the possibility of Luke pulling a Gandalf after how many people were pissed at 8.
>>
What are some good star wars related youtubers to follow? Just for good content in general
>>
>>57436348
Ahsoka already happened.
>>
>>57436322
It's the fact that she's a poor actor compared to so many other actors on the cast that kills Rey for me. Kylo, Finn and Poe are all amazing because their actors do a fantastic job of portraying them.

In some scenes, you'd think that her brain was five minutes in the past with the blank looks and emotionless eyes she presents. What kind of director watches that scene and goes, YEP, Rey is PERFECT in this scene.

It also doesn't help that the writers couldn't write themselves out of wet paper bag. Seriously, Starkiller Base was so over-the-top it ALMOST made the Sun Crusher a non-ludicrous idea.
>>
>>57436366
Lukes death didn't piss me off, it's him having no motive until new protagonist person tapped him, also if he came to that planet to die, why would he make a map to find him with?
>>
>>57436310
It's ugly as shit in the first one but I halfway get it.
But who the fuck has their hair back and then DOESN'T even fucking tie it up, she looks like some ancient dude that refuses to just shave it all off and has the fucking drapes going on.
Tie that shit up or just have short hair, fuck.
>>
>>57436389
I said in the MOVIES.
>>
Let's talk the upper echelons of the Empire
(Legends, because NuCanon is still lacking in definition)

So at the top we've got the Emperor who essentially has absolute authority over everything.
Then we've got the Ruling Council consisting of Imperial Advisors, headed by the Grand Vizier (Sate Pestage) who essentially function as Palpatine's cabinet and are behind the daily function of the government. They're all appointed by the Emperor. Then there's the Imperial Senate, consisting of Senators elected by the various member planets. They ostensibly vote on laws and policies but are effectively more of a puppet so the citizens feel represented; Palpatine (or the Grand Vizier under his direction) have full unilateral veto power, can call or dismiss the Senate at will, and can enact executive orders without the Senate being able to block it. Thanks emergency powers!

On the Military side we have Vader, who's official title would seem to be Supreme Commander of the Military and is the Emperor's right hand. He seems to have full command over just about everything but isn't involved in the political side. It's also not clear if he's officially the heir to the throne, or if that duty would fall to the Grand Vizier. Below Vader we have Imperial High Command which consists of the top-level officers of the different branches of the Military, including Grand Moffs who have governing power over the galactic oversectors, with Moffs and planetary Governors below them.

On the Judicial side of things we've got COMPNOR and its sub-branches which more or less exists to make sure the Emperor's will is reflected in every tier of government. This includes the Imperial Office of Criminal Investigation, the primary law enforcement apparatus, and the Imperial Security Bureau, the secret police/intelligence/space FBI/DHS.

Separate and independent of the rest is Imperial Intelligence, the space NSA/CIA lead by the Ubiqtorate, a secret committee, with the Director in charge. (cont'd)
>>
>>57436410
Watch the movie the map wasn't to him it was to the first Jedi Temple.
>>
>>57436430
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(film)
I'll accept a backpedal if you want to say SAGA movies but no more.
>>
File: Asajj Ventress.png (866 KB, 828x1104)
866 KB
866 KB PNG
>>57436348
I'd still have preferred her to be the main villain from the start. Have a female main villain on-screen who doesn't fall back on the Ice Queen, Femme Fatale or Domiatrix tropes.
I can only wring so much enjoyment out of Ventress and she wasn't even the main bad guy.
>>
>>57436418
Or better yet, if they're going to keep her hair back, give her a single, long braid. It'd look infinitely better and you could get some kino shots of her swinging her staff around, cracking people on the head as the braid swings about.
>>
>>57436442
I did watch it, but thank you, that does kinda help, granted them calling it the map to skywalker kinda had me thinking it was somthing he set up
>>
>>57436442
>>57436410
This. Always interpreted the whole thing as "Hey Leia/whoever shit's fucked I'm going look for (thing on Act Two)" and the shit he learned about the Jedi either there or along the way is what turned him into full MilkHobo.
Which is probably wrong but fuck it I want to believe.
>>
>>57436454
oh I didn't even know they made an animated movie. Okay yeah, the regular saga movies. Though I'm also willing to contend you probably knew what I meant from the beginning.
>>
>>57436454
To be fair to the Anon Ashoka wasn't great in that film. Not bad, but not the based Ashoka from the show.
>>
>>57436431
(cont'd)
Armand Isard was the Director of Imperial Intelligence until he was usurped by his daughter, Ysanne. Cronal/Agent Blackhole also has claims to be the Director during the same period of time, but it would seem to me that he was more likely a member of the Ubiqtorate or a rogue/independent element. He was also an Emperor's Hand.

I forgot to mention Hethrir, the Procurator of Justice, which is presumably a rank high up in the COMPNOR structure but is ill-defined because no one wants to remember that book exists. Oh yeah, he's also trained by Vader because why can't everyone be a darksider?

Did I get most of that right? Any thoughts/comments/things I missed? I have trouble piecing some of it together because a lot of the Empire was sporadically defined and occasionally contradictory due to the nature of the old EU.
>>
>>57436489
She wasn't even good in the show for a while. When to costume change happens she improves tons
>>
I need blasters/blaster rifles that resemble modern (or at least post-WW2) guns - stuff like AR-15s, AKs, SCARs, XM8s, P90s, G3s, post-90s H&K stuff, et cetera. Disregarding stuff like that Calico-based Naboo rifle, or the sniper rifle that is literally a Barrett.
>>
>>57436502
>look up AR15 blaster rifle on Google
>see dozens of acceptable results

Have you tried that yet?
>>
>>57436431
I know you said Legends but for future Ref Mas Amedda is the nucanon Grand Vizier, as far as I can tell Sate's just Some Guy now. Amedda also headed the Empire in its dying days so them being the heir is likely, at least if Vader's not an option.
>>
File: Ahsoka-rain-art.jpg (50 KB, 700x410)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>57436500

So instead of "Growing the Beard", it's "Ditching the Tube-Top"?
>>
>>57436037
How do you do that? I haven't tried painting battle damage before, and something tells me that just some Abaddon Black wouldn't cut it.
>>
>>57436366
>>57436175
We have one thing to hope for, that 9 kills interest in the franchise enough to Disney to stop milking it, let it stay asleep for a time and then come back to it with a sense of direction
>>
>>57436553
I meant her costume change in TCW, but yeah damn straight. Made her look less anorexic too.
>>
>>57436502
a lot of the ST props were built on modern designs
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Sequel_Trilogy
>>
File: Adult Ashoka.jpg (96 KB, 719x1111)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>57436553
Maybe it'd be "Growing the Lekku"?
>>
>>57436568

Yeah, I knew you were talking Clone Wars. That was just the only pic I had on hand. Totally agree with you, though?
>>
>>57436553
Never liked Ahsoka.
Can't even quite articulate why, she just always came off as unnecessary and annoying.
>>
>>57436606
I figured, just thought I'd clarify
>>
>>57436567
The fact there seems to be absolutely zero direction for fucking anything is just mind-boggling. Even the Marvel movies are fairly hands-free but they at least seemed to have some sort of road map, meanwhile you've got Rian freely admitting "yeah I had fuck all to work from" and not being publicly sent to the gallows for it.
What the FUCK.
>>
>>57436607
Probably because you are retarded.
>>
>>57434971
Dude I think she's cute. "bad" is an opinion, and diverging from the aesthetic mainstream makes just about everything have more character. I also think Adam Driver is fuckin' hot and I'd ride him like a podracer.
>>
>>57436716
>I also think Adam Driver is fuckin' hot
I'd make like Luke and probe his darkness
>>
>>57436716
>Adam Driver is hot
I'd let him force probe me while I was restrained.
>>
Is it too late to get into any of the Star Wars miniature games or, would any of them be a bad investment to get into due to old age or lack of interest?

I'm interested in hosting games out of my garage in the near future to make up for the lack of good game shops near me, but I've been out of tabletop for over ten years and have no idea whats good or bad anymore, nor what games would be good for entry-level players, as that would be my main crowd.

I'm leaning Imperial Assault, as it seems the simplest to get into, but I really like the look of the upcoming Legion, as well as Armada and X-wing, but those might be too complicated for folks that aren't all-in.
>>
File: restraints.jpg (78 KB, 750x724)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>57436741
Someone needs to shoop in shirtless Adam Driver in pic related.
>>
Why did they decide to make the Lancer pursuit frigate so shit in the TTrpg? I would like to use one but it's garbage compared to just about every other ship in it's class.
>>
File: AH-KLORAAA.png (82 KB, 700x493)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
Would Rey's character have been improved if she was ridiculously combat capable with a staff but, having grown up more or less alone on a planet full of scum, she was a little more uncivilised, filled with unbridled rage and took violence as the first route to every situation, and her Jedi training was as much learning to let go of all that pent up anger and aggression to resist the dark side, which is why she jumps straight to it, she's already full of all the negative feelings that draw one to the dark?
>>
File: 9077905.jpg (249 KB, 849x1200)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>57430973
Marry Iden, Fuck Jyn, toss Rey into trashboy Kylo's hands.

I like Jyn more than Iden, but Iden goes better with my personality desu.[/sub]
>>
>>57436935
FFG shit themselves uncontrollably whenever they have to stat spaceships
>>
>>57436952
That would've been neato. Her fight with Kylo is just fucking brutal. She isn't just swinging a saber violently, she's punching him in the throat, biting him, headbutting him and it just catches him off guard because he's not used to such a violent dueling style.
>>
>>57436935
>He dosent know.
>>
>>57436857
X-wing is the simplest and surest bet. Easy to learn, cheaper buy-in, prepainted minis.

Armada is more complicated and more expensive, but still pre-painted and a larger scale than X-wing. It has a smaller audience than x-wing, but if you're creating a community yourself it may not matter. If your friends have a bit extra money and don't mind a couple hours a game, it'll be fine.

Imperial Assault is probably the least popular. Mini's arn't painted, and never looked all that impressive to me. Moreover, the game itself doesn't seem to be an actual wargame, more a board game with cards and pieces. Apparently FFG felt the same way; it recently announced Legion. We know next to nothing about Legion, but it seems more like a real wargame with larger and more detailed models.
>>
File: 1514440607690.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>57437004
Know what?
>>
File: Cap_List_Full.png (1.25 MB, 1920x800)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>57424330

Alright, let's say there was a Clone Trooper who was totally cut off from the rest of galaxy from the near-end of the Clone Wars (circa the Outer Rim Sieges) to a few months after the Battle of Yavin. What information would he need to know in order to reintegrate into society?
>>
>>57436935

Like >>57436996 said, FFG ship stats (and rules, too) are questionable at best. It's really kind of unfortunate. Fortunately, it's not beyond fixing. And if all you're doing it fighting fighters in a freighter (which is probably 90% of groups), it works pretty well as is.
>>
>>57437184
Jedi are dead and gone.

Chancellor Palpatine is now Emperor Palpatine.

The CIS has been defeated thanks to Darth Vader, who also saved the Republic/Empire and Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine from the Jedi.

Some people think the Emperor is an asshole despite all he's done for the Republic/Empire and are rebelling like the CIS.

The Empire's armies aren't formed from clone troopers anymore, except the 501st.

The Rebels destroyed a space station and killed tens of thousands of Imperials at Yavin.

This is of course assuming the Empire is the group re-integrating him.
>>
>>57436649
He had plenty to work with, JJs mystery boxes may be a bad thing to spam but they leave shit to work with
>>
>>57430973
>marry commando pilot waifu, have adorable commando pilot babies
>fuck reluctant rebel hero suicide soldier
>friend zone miss 'better pilot/mechanic than Han, better force user than Luke, and better at everything else than everyone else' Rey no-name from nowhere
>>
File: Able17.jpg (69 KB, 585x722)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>57437235

It's the Rebels, actually. My AoR group found him marooned on in uninhabited planet as part of a story arc I blatantly stole from the Rebellion comics.
>>
>>57437313
Then Chancellor Palpatine usurped control over the Senate, conspired to kill off the Jedi, defeated the CIS, the Empire doesn't use clones, except the 501st and the Empire built a space station that can destroy planets to forcibly subjugate the citizens of the Empire and DID destroy one planet as an example.
>>
>>57437352
>>57437235

I'd imagine it'd be a pretty hard pill to swallow, no matter who it came from.

>Hey, while you were gone, your brothers brutally murdered all of the Jedi.
>Oh, the Republic you were literally created to protect? It's been turned into an authoritarian dictatorship that wastes money useless superweapons and brutally oppresses dissenters.
>By the way, only 10% of our army is clones now. Most of your brothers are dead or dying in some gutter in the Outer Rim.
>Welcome back! :)
>>
>>57435224

>good design
>no toilets or showers
At least its better than that one posted the other day which had two conference rooms just because.
>>
>>57436824
>>57436824
>>
>>57437313
>>57437352

Also maybe the Rebels can try and find out if there's any info about the guy's old Jedi General.
They probably died to O66, but who knows, they could be out there.
>>
>>57429344
The trip to Bespin is why WEG came up with the idea of backup hyperdrives.

It'll still get you there, but it's like a x8 instead of the Falcon's usual x0.5.
>>
>>57431093
this anon knows what's up

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.