[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1518435384035.jpg (300 KB, 1000x732)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
Paizo Games General /pgg/

Back seat stealth edition
What does your character do while the rogue is stealthily scouting ahead?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread: >>57917662
>>
>>57941949
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjbZeANdx0

Does your character know the score like the back of their hand, /pgg/?
>>
>>57941949
>Such a boring OP question
Fuck this shit, post your character's theme song.
>>
>>57941949
I thought that dude in the picture had the lelf face for a second. I wish for a poorly done Photoshop job.

Also, as for OP's question... We have no Rogue anymore but we have a Diviner Wizard, so the scouting is easy. I do feel kind of bad for basically forcing the DM to draw entire dungeon maps before we even stop through the dungeons' thresholds.
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMDlgdnZPI
>>
>>57942110
Personality, by Johnny Mercer & the Pied Pipers
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTPsumjfTA
>>
A paladin's lay on hands can cure smoking related diseases, right?
>>
>>57942171
Weakass clown shit
>>
>>57941995
In every game I've personally experienced, Anon, it's been that way. And I've been in a bunch of games. Not long lasting games. But ones wherein PC romance has been a thing and it's never contributed to longevity. And games wherein I've done the romance, and games wherein I've seen the romance. Maybe one in fifty games can do it well and make it work. But I don't want to be in the other forty nine games
>>
>>57942280
What happens? I just don’t get why it’s a big deal.
>>
>>57942219
depends on what mercies he has selected.
>>
>tfw no memegame to meme
>>
What style feat chains are good for wildshape focused druids?
>>
>>57942319
Start one, idiot. Be the DM you want to see in the world.
>>
>>57942110
I don't have a character
>>
>>57942346
Make one up. Where are they from?
>>
>>57942298
When players focus more on each other than the group as a whole, it isn't fun. Having two people go off in the middle of the night for "tee hee LEWD THINGS" and potentially ignoring everybody else for the sake of their own enjoyment is honestly awful. It hurts the focus of the game.

Personally, I make it clear I don't like PC/PC romances, and I tell my players I don't want any of it. NPC/PC romances are fine, they can get pushed to the side so that we can focus on the game, and gives me as a GM more to work with.
>>
>>57942298
Not him, but party romance is like workplace romance. It's awkward for anyone else to be involved in the romance. The Proper way to have PC romance is that the party should be 90% unaware the romance is even happening, because they keep it between themselves.

When adventuring, the unspoken rule is that the Party is the first priority (the reasons for this can change, and it may seem like its not, but if the cogency of the Party isn't a priority for someone then that PC won't be long for the campaign). When two PC's get into romance, their romance is above the needs of the party. Not to mention that it adds drama and conflict that could be unnecessary ("Why didn't you give me that loot", "Why did you help them instead of me", etc) that the rest of the party has to deal with.
>>
>>57942110
https://youtu.be/NLUIkMUyPus
>>
>>57942110
Paladin's just got too much shit that's happened to them and they need a break from time to time to remember why they have their faith in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeSbmS06k1k
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4
>>
Does anyone here have the Legendary Shifters pdf? I looked in the troves and I couldn't find it there.
>>
File: The Begun of Tigtone.png (361 KB, 770x431)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
What are the stakes in your current campaign?
>>
>>57942607
There. Are. No. Stakes
>>
>>57942607
We're currently trying to save a pie, so you could say things have gotten pretty serious.
>>
>>57942574
Classic motherfucking song
>>
>>57942635
Nothing? Nothing at stake?! Than I, myself, shall place the WORLD at stake!
>>
>>57942607
>Fate of the realm
>Fate of the realm
>Fate of the realm
Pretty consistent scale
>>
>>57942607
Well, for each of them the current stakes are as follows:
> Universal destruction and reformation with a lich being the orchestrator of the new universe's design
> The party's souls being fed to a Devil by the man who betrayed us to it
> The potential slaughter of an entire city's lower class
>>
>>57942607
Drow might assist in a power struggle in Riddleport, which spells very bad things, since I like Riddleport.
>>
Now that the dust has settled you gotta level with me, fellas

Is it gay to suck the bard’s dick if he lets you bend him over a barrel afterwards?
What if you’re drunk?
>>
>>57942280
I'm in a game that includes a PC romance, but the relationship is a polyamorous one that includes more than two PCs. Not the whole party mind you, but still. So hypothetically, how would you react if the entire party starts dating itself?

>>57942420
As a DM I actually prefer PC/PC romances because I can focus on the game without having to cater to the PCs' romantic interests- they'll already have screentime, I don't have to go out of my way to give any to them. So far it hasn't ever caused me problems, but romance has also generally been a backseat thing to the real gameplay too. Never once have I ever seen anything like the issues >>57942440 mentioned. That's just my own experience though.

>>57942607
There seems to be an evil noble plotting a vague conspiracy, and despite the PCs supposedly working for him, he doesn't know we know- or at least we think he doesn't know we know. In and out of character, we don't know a whole lot about what he's trying to achieve, but he was ready to use us as unwitting pawns and send us off to be sacrificed, so we've still got a personal motivation to stop him.
>>
>>57942764
Not if one of you is a chick, duh.
>>
File: file.png (135 KB, 1196x708)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
Living Weapon PC anon here.

I'm having trouble finding a solid idea for the 'independent' Orientation. In my mind they are more focused on spells and providing spells to their Wielder if they have one. The kind of weapon where even if you're a level 1 peasant NPC, if you have the weapon you could be a pew pew lightning wizard on the spot. If they don't have a wielder though, they can still be somewhat deadly: telekinesis to throw themselves around, flying, influencing others to ignore them or pick them up, etc

At this point all Living Weapon PC's are 4th level casters using a custom spellbook option, with the exception of Independent Orientations which will be 6th level casters.

Really just looking for feedback on ways to make that distinction more clear or help solidify the concept of that Orientation.
>>
>>57942804
I mean we can use magic to become chicks but maybe we just like having dicks
>>
As an add on to this whole PC romance talk. I'm in a few games that involve it and it makes me feel incredibly left out a lot of the time. The couples are often absorbed with each other rather than the party.
>>
>>57942859
Which games are you in?
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jADAWrJ7Wr0
>>
>>57942859
Have you tried making your character more open and available for dialogue and subplots? Lovers still have friends on the side. Is your PC being a good friend?
>>
>>57942774
>hypothetically, the whole party starts dating itself
cancel the game or leave. I'm not dealing with that shit. I came to slay, not to lay.

I don't mind doing NPC/PC romances, because it's less effort on my part to give someone their "precious waifu" and handle that off of session time. PC/PC romance almost ALWAYS came up during the session and dragged us away from the actual game. Again, anecdotal stories.
>>
>>57942864
I think PC romances are a bigger issue in text based games the elsewhere. In voice or IRL, it's easier to describe what your PC does with other PCs and you aren't as restricted in describing what or who your character pays attention to.
>>
>>57942944
And your party members are here to explore their characters. The game isn't about you and your needs.
>>
>>57942980
>The game isn't about you and your needs.
If he's the GM, it actually is.
>>
>>57942885
I believe I'm fairly open in side sessions and revealing characters inner workings and such in dialogue. My character contributes to conversation often, but I still feel this way.
>>57942864
It's not important.
>>
It's okay to be Varisian.
>>
>>57942980
The problem is when they make exploring their characters more important than the enjoyment of the party. Or rather than exploring their characters, they're actually exploring themselves via their characters, which makes the emotions personal and lead to Drama with a capital D. As a DM, I'm in charge of running an adventure for the entire party, not in charge of putting together a date night for my PC's. If they want to pursue a romance they need to find time to do it on the side.

There's nothing wrong with PC romance if the players are responsible about it and it really is just about their characters and they don't make their romance the entire party's problem. The issue is that a lot of people can't make that distinction. Therefore it's generally safer to just not allow it as a general rule until you trust who your players are.
>>
>>57943039
Then give it time. They’ll respond to the bait eventually.
>>
>>57943033
>t.Someone Who Has Never GM'd

The point of GMing is to help everyone have fun.
>>
>>57942980
As a player, I agree with you halfway. It isn't about me or my needs completely, but it is about the party as a whole, which I contribute to. And I personally do not enjoy PC/PC romance.

As a GM, fuck you, I want to have fun too- I'm the one running the game. PC/PC Romance hasn't ever been fun for me as a GM. I'll reiterate what this anon (>>57943065) says instead of devolving into anger. I want to run a /game/, not a visual novel.
>>
I'm the only PoW class in a group of 5.
We have three dead weights and an autist obsessed with pathfinder that gets assblasted that his niche build is getting BTFO by the chad PoW class.
Feels good
>>
>>57943131
>>t.Someone Who Has Never GM'd
I'm quite sure you've never actually done it, or have a severely warped view from what /tg/ has told you.

>The point of GMing is to help everyone have fun.
Yes, and you're one of those. It's EVERYONE, not everyone else. If you're not having fun, nobody is going to really have fun.
>>
>>57943143
>As a GM, fuck you, I want to have fun too- I'm the one running the game.

You don't enjoy watching your players create multi-faceted characters? That's just sad.
>>
>>57943210
>mutli-faceted
Navel-gazing crap isn't multifaceted, especially when it's mid-session that cuts into the GM's time. The only sad thing is you expect the GM to wait on you hand and foot. Do a side session on your own time.
>>
>>57943210
Not him, but I just don't enjoy my players using everyone else as a vehicle and victim for their proxy roleplay flirting.
>>
>>57943189
>Yes, and you're one of those. It's EVERYONE, not everyone else. If you're not having fun, nobody is going to really have fun.

Do you honestly think the only way for a GM to have fun is by rolling dice? If the players wanted to spend a session just sitting and chatting around the campfire, would you veto that because there wasn't any murder?

I love seeing my players engage with the world I've created, and with each other. Having players willing and able to do that is a gift, I don't know why you'd squelch it.
>>
>>57943187
as long as people are having fun being dead weight, the DM doesn't mind I'd say that's perfectly okay. Can't stop assblasted autists from getting butthurt.

Although, I'd try not to state this exact same message, although twice it was worded slightly different, in 4 continuous threads. People saw, we just didn't care enough to respond.
>>
>>57943273
>as long as people are having fun being dead weight
Two idiots are, to the detriment of the group. Then they get mad because I have to pull more weight.

>Although, I'd try not to state this exact same message, although twice it was worded slightly different, in 4 continuous threads. People saw, we just didn't care enough to respond.
That was a doozy to read m8. English not your first language?
>>
>>57943244
>Navel-gazing crap isn't multifaceted

???

Who said anything about that?

>The only sad thing is you expect the GM to wait on you hand and foot

Actually, it's the opposite... the players are doing their own thing, and expecting the GM to not begin autistically screeching, before shutting them down,
>>
>>57942584
You didn't look hard enough then, it's definitely in there.
>>
>>57943266
>If the players wanted to spend a session just sitting and chatting around the campfire,
They can do it on a different day, on a side session. Not on the GM's time.

>>57943339
>Who said anything about that?
You're literally trying to defend players not engaging with the world and with each other instead, claiming it makes them multifaceted.

>Actually, it's the opposite
It really isn't. See above. They shouldn't be surprised if the GM walks off.
>>
>>57943328
You've been trying to grab attention for 4 different threads. Nobody really cares, you're annoying.
>>
>>57943339
>,
Should've realized it was a dumb phoneposter. Don't waste people's time.
>>
>>57943454
Nah, m8 I only posted this one in this thread.

Unrelated, are classes using Spheres of Power required to take a casting tradition?
>>
>>57943526
>>57936259
I'm sure this isn't you.
>>
>>57943266
I enjoy rolling dice. Pathfinder is a crunch-heavy game, why not roll dice? Doesn't stop me from enjoying a session dedicated to chatting around the campfire- though i would prefer it be done off of session time, during side RP. Because the point of getting everybody gathered up for a session is to move forward in the plot.
>>
>>57943442
>They can do it on a different day, on a side session. Not on the GM's time.

So, in your mind, the purpose of GMing is to drive the players through your plot, and only your plot, because that's what immediately concerns you? That sounds like a godawful time, anon. I stand by my statement that you have no idea how to GM, and have probably never done so.

>You're literally trying to defend players not engaging with the world and with each other instead, claiming it makes them multifaceted.

I'm defending characters spending some time connecting with each other, and exploring positive emotions rarely seen in a game that's often about murder and looting. Thereby revealing another side of their characters, or another "facet", since you seemed to fail to grasp the meaning of the term.

>They shouldn't be surprised if the GM walks off.
MY TIME MUST BE SPENT ON MY PLOT AND ONLY MY PLOT. I AM THE GM, THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON AT THE TABLE.

Do you understand how asinine that stance is? Players don't walk off when it's another PC's turn to be in the limelight; why do you think that behavior is acceptable when coming from the other side of the screen?
>>
>>57943544
Negative lad.
>post was 6 hours and 24 minutes ago
I was at work friendo.
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwr1Z7uyXz4
>>
>>57942774
This matches my experience with in game romances too. PC/NPC are too much work for me as the GM, PC/PC tends to be fine since players understand boundaries and largely keep their relationship out of the game beyond rare mentions when appropriate. Sounds like you either need to get better friends or look for your games in better places.
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omD3m-xwBWk
>>
>>57943039
>It's not important.
It IS important because if you're not willing to say which game your in, then you're just a lying shit stirrer trying to cause drama in other peoples' games.
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCnBrrnOefs

Because sometimes the best way to fight back the darkness of the world is to let it loose and show some levity. Also being a Dervish Dancer helps the fight part.
>>
Childhood is when you idolize Taldor. Adulthood is when you realize Qadira makes more sense.
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzVbFBRnk_s

Master Chymist is a hell of a drug.
>>
>debating quitting TTRPGs completely after getting through with my current campaigns

Is this a bad idea, or a good one.
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dukWxmCgON0

Not really a theme song, but it fits the character.
>>
>>57943826
Whatever makes you happiest, anon.
>>
>>57943846
every game i've been in so far has been a shitshow of autism, faggotry, canceled early, or a bamboozle. I don't know why I even bother aping to games or getting in when I know for a fact that it's gonna end up turning bad.
>>
>>57943879
Have you tried running a game, anon?
>>
>>57943577
So what do you propose the GM do during this session of inter-party interactions?

If you want happy campy times around the fire, you don't need the GM to be around for that.
>>
>>57943925
I have. Multiple times.

It always ended up a shitshow when people kept flaking, or schedules got changed, or somebody took issue with something somebody else said. Or when somebody derails it so hard and so early I have no choice but to say "fuck it, campaign's over."

I WANT to run a game, though. The one thing I've never had (apart from a single one-shot that amounted to about three encounters) is a game that starts and then actually finishes.
>>
>>57943995
Then run more oneshots. Collect players you like. It takes a lot of time, but that's time you might've otherwise wasted on bamboozles and shitshows, and instead you have a bunch of (hopefully) fun oneshots.

This is a big hurdle, but you need to be able to set an end date.
>>
File: 1429688510100.png (738 KB, 592x556)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
I'm looking for a weapon special ability for Pathfinder that changes the metal of the weapon to Adamantine, Silver or Cold Iron using a command word to bypass damage resistance.

Does anyone know what the name of the ability is or if it's a unique weapon?
>>
>>57944041

One-shots are too /short/ though. I'd be down for that, but one-shots are like a candy bar. They taste good but you can't sustain a man on them. And I've tried to do one-shots, but they ALSO end up shitshows.

It's demoralizing.

>>57944083
there's a unique item mace that does it. It's kinda cheap.
>>
Do you enforce an art style for your PCs and NPCs?
>>
>>57944133
Would you happen to have a name or what sourcebook it would be found in?
>>
>>57944133
>And I've tried to do one-shots, but they ALSO end up shitshows.
Weird. Not joking here, have you tried running them in a simpler system than Pathfinder?
>>
>>57943976
Any game worth its salt should have at least one or two NPCs that the GM can use to be a part of the conversation, or heck if a couple of players are having a moment that's probably the perfect time to field in-character questions or do upkeep on the situation at hand.
>>
>>57944134
I don't on my PCs, since that's a bit much. But I try to get all of my NPC art to look like they're from the same series or at least designer. With the glut of Gacha Games from Japan coming to the west, I'm spoiled for choice these days.
>>
>>57944134
I don't allow furries, everything else is fine though

>>57944150
It's the Multimetal Mace scaling magic item.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/scaling-magic-items/

>>57944166
The only thing people want to play in my circle of friends is... Pathfinder. And Pathfinder is nearly 100% free, so that's all I have the books for. I'd totally play in a simpler system if there was ever any AUDIENCE for it.
>>
>>57943715
I don't want to cause undue strife. If you don't realize that by avoiding naming names I am protecting myself and them you are naive. I have spoken to some of the other players about this in private and intend to do it more.

Please don't be childish.
>>
>>57943526
>Unrelated, are classes using Spheres of Power required to take a casting tradition?

Technically yes, but you can take one that has no effect (no drawbacks or boons...like anyone takes boons other than fortified casting).
>>
>At 1st level, a magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as aswift actionto grant any weapon he is holding a +1enhancement bonusfor 1 minute

How does arcane pool interact with natural weapons? Is any weapon meant to be read as any one weapon or can it be seen as plural?
>>
>>57944248
>Heroes
>look like they're from the same series or at least designer
>>
File: 1473286956085.jpg (55 KB, 600x623)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>57944263
Thank you very much!
My players will appreciate this.
>>
>>57944286
If you can swing it, Fortified Casting, Deathful MAgic and the one that boosts your CL depending on how many spellpoints you've used can be stupidly fun for a melee SoM/P champion class (like the Prodigy.)

Just fucking blow people's faces off with a stupidly enormous caster level
>>
File: 1510733822775.jpg (791 KB, 1280x1280)
791 KB
791 KB JPG
>>57944315
You can easily pick and choose, anon.
>>
>Female half-elf claiming to be a male elf due to her more "manish" looks from being half human
Does this make enough sense? Or is it just thin justification?
>>
>>57944286
>like anyone takes boons other than fortified casting
I've got a lot of potential characters that use Bound Companion... But unfortunately the likelihood of playing any of them is as likely as winning the lottery.
I'm also a huge fag: one of them is gestalted with a Vancian Sorc.
>>
>>57944263
I suggest gamefinder.
>>
>>57943826
I’m doing the same, anon. There are better ways to spend an afternoon.
>>
I just noticed that Mind Sword Paladin has Telekinesis on its spell list.

Do Violent Thrust + Smite Evil as good as it sound?
>>
What dimensions do you think a typical bipedal large-sized creature would consider a comfortable amount of space for a room? For a medium creature I'd say it's probably at least 10x10x10, enough room to stand up at full height and to move around- so maybe 15x15x10 if there's anything actually in the room like furnishings which would take up space. So for a large creature, I'm guessing something like 25x25x15 for a furnished room?
>>
>>57944428
But why?
>>
Did I become That Guy?
> Show up to a sunday game with a fairly standard 'dandy' style of character.
> Just tell the party I'm a human named Richardo Queso. Describe him as an extremely fancy dandy wearing a 500 gold noble's outfit with a big Mohawk.
> And by fancy, I mean fucking Silk breeches and poofy sleeves, with a vest made entirely from precious gemstones sewn together.
> Entire party understandably assumes I'm playing a bard.
> I run with it for about 20 minutes or so.
> We get into combat with a troll
> Initiative is rolled, I'm going first
> "Richardo shouts out, 'EL RINGO' as he makes a pounce attack on the troll!"
> Suddenly 3 giant fists appear around me and pummel the fuck out of the troll with multiple Slam attacks.
> I'm playing a Synthesist, not a bard.
>>
>>57945528
That sounds hilarious dude, did your party have an issue with it?
>>
>>57945351
Pretending to be a male to garner more respect, sliding herself over on the elf-scale is to mask her femininity.
>>
>>57945528
>Attacking the same round as summoning your synth eidolon
press X to doubt
>>
>party fights through dungeon to find the missing person they were sent to rescue summoning a Vrock demon
>fight ensues, PCs win, missing person dies
>PCs loot journal off his corpse, which describes how he met a hot chick who got him into demon worshiping and his plans
>folded in between pages of the journal are a few letters written in Demonic
>session ends with the party heading back to town, tell the players they all level up
>fast forward to next week, skimming over the newly-leveled character sheets
>4/5 PCs put a rank in linguistics to learn Demonic

Wow, what a funny coincidence that they were all apparently studying Demonic right before the first time a demon makes an appearance in the campaign. Should I tell the players their characters had no reason IC to be studying Demonic and they should wait until next level to pick up the language? I don't even mind them reading the letters (there's an old sage back in the town who I was planning on having translate the letters for the PCs) but this just feels metagamey.
>>
>>57945875
Considering they could have just gotten a scroll of Comprehend Languages nah
>>
>>57945683
Clearly his outfit is the eidolon
>>
File: erinNO.gif (65 KB, 160x160)
65 KB
65 KB GIF
>>57944315
>This is considered to be an armored unit
>>
I have a lot of thoughts about this.
>A skill rank is a proper investment, especially on classes without many skills
>PCs are already extraordinary and often brought together by fortunate coincidence, the fact they all have ties to studying demonic isn't that much of a stretch
>This is also part problem with PF's very unrealistic language learning rules

On the whole if you have a problem with it, and want to maintain mystique around the letters, tell the players that this is an obscure/coded dialect of it, and while a rank in linguistics and knowledge of demonic will help, they're still going to have trouble. Offer them the choice to re assign the skill rank if they want.
>>
>>57946081
Meant for >>57945875
>>
>>57945639
Not at all! Just one of the players expressed some annoyance that I named my character "Dick Cheese"

Also the general reaction of, "FUCK THAT'S NOT A BARD"
>>
>>57946081
>>57945965
The session is already over and I let them roll with it, so it's actually a bit past the point to be changing stuff short of a retcon I don't want to do, but I really meant to ask about what I SHOULD have done, not what I still could do. I'm totally fine with the PCs knowing what the letters say and being able to understand Demonic in general, it's just that up to this point in the campaign demons have had ZERO presence (before now most of the campaign has been dealing with helping to safeguard this town from monsters and investigating the local ruins). Not only that, but only one PC has been putting ranks in Linguistics to learn new languages- for the other PCs that picked up Demonic, this is literally the first new language their characters have learned all game. I wasn't wanting to maintain a mystique about the letters, I'm just bothered by how much of a perfect coincidence it would have to be in-game for all their PCs to have been studying Demonic just in time for the demons to show up, especially when nothing about such studies was ever brought up. It's weird metagaming that I don't like, especially since I had already planned to make the language barrier a non-issue for them.

>This is also part problem with PF's very unrealistic language learning rules
I also hate this but I accept it as a reasonable compromise since the alternatives are just worse. I do nerf and/or raise the level of spells that circumvent language barriers, though.
>>
>>57946221
For me this all depends on whether or not you're going to start up this new session with them already back in town or not, if so then this is a very simple fix: there's someone in town that taught them the language.

If they're still on the road when things start up again then I can definitely see where the issue is, personally I try to never take a language unless I'm somewhere where it's reasonable for me to have learned it from someone else. If this bothers you that much then perhaps tell your players that's what they should restrict themselves to for at least some semblance of realism.
>>
>>57946318
Yeah, they're still on the road. Well, they were when that session started, at least. The session picked up right where the last one left off, with the PCs continuing to walk through the woods back to town, except now suddenly the PCs decided to stop and read those letters that they couldn't read twenty minutes ago when they first pulled them off the dead guy's body.

I mentioned briefly how weird I thought this was but they all laughed and joked, thinking I was making a joke out of it myself. So that's part of why I'm wondering whether it's weird for me to be bothered by this.
>>
>>57946384
Not anon that's been replying. Rather than trying to somehow imply your complaint and hope one of them would convince the others not to for some reason, you should have just said so up-front that they can't understand a new language at the very least until they get into town.

There are some things you can be gentle with surrounding correcting your Players, but things that bother you that much aren't one of them.
>>
>>57946384
Nah it's definitely weird. Leave it for now and let them know that from here on out if they're looking to learn a language they should wait to get back to town first. You'll even let them put a rank into Linguistics whenever they level up, but they can't spend that point on a language until they get to somewhere someone can teach them the language they want to know.
>>
File: pnyunopnefqz.png (49 KB, 256x256)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>57946080
It's not as if she's moving more than 1 square in the freezing-cold with that outfit.
>>
>>57944286
>Casting traditions are a set of optional rules that allow players
and GMs to customize magic itself to ft their needs.
I'll answer my own question.
>>
>>57946080
I was going to post a picture of Charlotte as a gag but upon closer inspection she more than likely specs into Berserker which has garbage defenses, so it still makes sense.
>>
File: 1514439520295.jpg (22 KB, 229x343)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>Every player in our group is down to use SoP and SoM because a Spheres only campaign would be fun
>One guy wants to make a vancian caster and won't budge for Spheres
Are Spheres and vancian even remotely balancable when they're together? It's so fucking stupid
>>
>>57947202
One word:
Bokor.
>>
>>57947202
Does he want to make a Wizard/Cleric/Druid or does he just not want to bother converting a Bard or something?
>>
>>57946080
>>57946783
She has a fur-trimmed cape. That's fine for armor and protection against cold.
>>
>>57947202
As long as the vancian caster isn't a full caster it's fine. I've DMed for a mixed party a couple of times, and the only problems came from power differences between sphere casters and a relatively optimized Wizard.
Vancian half and 2/3 casters aren't really strong enough to outperform sphere casters, except maybe a Magus, but even then it's just doing one thing very well as opposed to a spherecaster's ability to do a couple of things very well
>>
>>57947471
>>57947581
He's making a cleric specifically. We're also starting at low levels so I have no fucking clue why he wants to handicap himself so fucking bad
>>
>>57946080
Ball gowns are armor too.
>>
>>57947648
That's not much better
>>
>paizo games
>>
>>57947658
This, we haven’t talked about Starfinder in years.
>>
>>57942110
https://youtu.be/bzdw1MVJQME?t=3m
>>
>>57947717
We literally just talked about it last thread.
>>
File: 1497802181989.jpg (98 KB, 540x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>57947614
He's not gimping himself. Vancian Cleric will be much stronger than a sphere Cleric would be after the party escapes Rusty Dagger Shanktown
>>
>>57947653
But why? A metal crinoline is armor.
>>
>>57947839
None of the seasonal armors have been good
>>
Slashing Grace requires you to use a weapon one handed in order to get the Dex to damage meaning it doesn't work for normal monk or brawler's flurry since it counts as Two-Weapon Fighting.

What about the Unchained Monk's flurry, it only gives you an extra attack so I assume but I just want to make sure.
>>
>>57942110
Fuck off Sleep
>>
>>57948009
The feat called out that it cant be use with flurry of blow class feature. So no.
>>
>>57947786
IN YEARS
>>
File: 1462986751262.png (77 KB, 310x327)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>57947839
Are we just posting Fire Emblem people for character art?
>>
File: Full_Attack_Nephenee.png (2.26 MB, 1684x1920)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>57948382
Has anyone on /pfg/ used Fire Emblem to successfully get into a game? For that matter, has any Granblue actually succeeded?
>>
Fellas

Will we ever see the PoW maneuver errata?
>>
>>57948465
It doesn't need it.
>>
Slayer or Brawler(Snakebite Striker Archetype) for Two-Weapon Fighting sneak attacks?
>>
>>57948438
Alright if Nephenee is in the game then I'm finally going download it.
>>
>>57948481
Vivisectionist for superior way for sneak attacks.
>>
>>57948476
Yes, it really really fucking does. Half the maneuvers don't actually work as written, not to mention stupid shit like Black Seraph's Glare
>>
>>57948582
That's my favorite move
>>
File: Full_Portrait_Elincia.png (1.99 MB, 1600x1920)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>57948495
Have fun, anon!
>>
File: Best Girl.png (2.77 MB, 1080x1912)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB PNG
>>57948495
She's amazing!
>>
>>57948382
Well now we're posting good Nephs
>>
>>57948626
If you want to be an overpowered shittter anon just say so, but don't fucking lie and say PoW doesn't need the discipline errata, because it's needed it for a LONG time.
>>
>>57948438
Not for character art, but I've used a few of these for tokens
>>
>>57948776
you just sound salty
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiuabrUp8zM
>>
> Paizo content only game
> 3 other player choose martial classes
Why do people still do this in 2017?
>>
>>57949108
Nobody wants to be "That Guy" who picked wizard.
>>
>>57949129
When's the last time you've seen someone actually pick Wizard?
>>
>>57942110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS8LvHT_zcQ

Ex-soldier turned merc turned paraplegic turned cyber soldier
>>
>>57949108

It's possible to have fun without being a caster.
>>
>>57949317
>This is what 5 int barbarians actually believe.
Do you even fireball?
>>
>>57949129
>>57949147
You could at least pick a Magus or Warpriest.
>>
>>57949108
Because my entire group is physically incapable of playing correctly despite having played tabletop games for decades and I'm not going to be the only actual caster at a table of 9.
>>
Making a dm screen, and I'm gonna paint some sort of mostly minimal *something* on the cover of it. I started thinking symbols, and went down the rabbit hole of esoteric imagery and eventually into the specifics of stuff from /x/- the general issue I have is I've already spent like, a good 4 hours looking for something to put on there and I just figure it'd be easier to see if anyone else had any good ideas. This seemed like a good place to poke, if none of yall have any ideas I'll go bigger and try a thread on /x/
The most important part is the screen is 4 panel, so I need to either do 2 different designs that visually balance each other out at the center, or 2 more and fill each backside
symbols like these are too simple, I'd need a more complicated design. It doesn't have to have super real meaning either, it could be esoteric garbage and not a serious symbol. I don't believe the stuff anyway.
>>
>>57949868
If you're just looking for neat esoteric shit to put on your screen, you could use the holy Septagrammaton, a Word called Royalty: YS ATUN VRAMA PRESH, the seven syllables of Royalty and the false seven part name of God. "The conquering king must speak with both his internal tongue of self-love, and his external tongue of violence: he must proclaim himself a king not with a tongue of flesh, but an iron tongue soaked in the blood of his lovers." The Glory, The Tower, The Flame, The Diamond, The Blade, The Mind, and The Beast.

Then just use whatever nonsense scriptures you want from K6BD's concordances, maybe a spooky looking version of some of the texts or something a-la scriptures tacked onto armor from WH40k, to fill in the blanks. Or use art from it but then again I'm a huge slut for all that.

Positive alternatives would be finding random magic circles.
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=67223040
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=67155836
Or just google 魔法陣
>>
File: 3u0a9135web2.jpg (142 KB, 1242x827)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>57950320
thanks, that sounds interesting, I'll probably incorporate it
I'm also leaning towards something like pic related, if you have any ideas in that direction
>>
>>57950595
Hmm, look on pinterest (They lock you out pretty hard if you don't have an account) or deviantart. That sort of relatively subjectless art usually shows up on there. They won't always have the same kind of 'lore' background for you to go into though like with your picture. If you want to you could try going from Kabbalistic symbolism to some eastern flavors. Or even mixing and matching (though some might look down on it).
>>
File: 1497687802762.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Did Argentum bamboozle on Skies of Avalon?
>>
>>57950671
>Kabbalistic symbolism
that turned out to be a great search term, thanks again
>>
>>57950803
I get the feeling he was disappointed in the majority of apps
>>
>>57948438
Gloriana got into PLD off of recolored Granblue
>>
>>57951221
Apps are shit lately
>>
>>57941949
I don't get why you need the assassin to scout, seems a better idea to just let the hobgoblin do it.
But yeah, guy gos scouting, you pray, or rest. Short rest time.
>>
>join new group
>Hey can I use Sop?
>DM : what's that?
>uh, a pretty well known 3pp that will let me do something suboptimal
>DM : sure I guess, if I can figure it out
>are you using any feat tax rules?
>DM : Never heard if them
>DM : You're asking for a lot of stuff I've never heard of
It wasn't supposed to go this way!
>>
>>57951221
>>57951668
That's an interesting question.

Do people feel the GM of a game is still obligated to run after the app process ends if not enough apps meet their satisfaction?
>>
>>57952020
The lands outside pfg are wild and untamed, V.
>>
>>57942110
Main Campaign:
Character A: https://youtu.be/FaHEusBG20c
Character B: https://youtu.be/nRc0yaMW7Mw

Dead Suns AP character: https://youtu.be/y3AQXtqY0Es

Strange Aeons Character: https://youtu.be/nc0988XxoXI
>>
>>57952020
"oh fine, I'll just play Wizard" is what you could do.
>>
>>57952320
But I want to play a lady knight
>>
>>57952020
>>57952320
exploiter + pact wizard because why the fuck not.
>>
>>57952030
>obligated
Not obligated to do anything.
That said, Argentum GMing in Rusty Dagger Shanktown probably made all the good players steer the FUCK away from it. I'd sooner castrate myself and play Vow of Poverty Core Monk than play in a game where i can die in a single round to any given enemy
>>
So /pfg/, I just found out that I was letting the first level shaman of our group play extremely brokenly because I misread "Empathetic Connection" as "Telepathic Connection", so she spent the first session using her spirit animal as a fucking spy and learning shit she shouldn't have known had I not been an idiot.

Whats the worst mistake you've made in your campaigns?
>>
>>57952369
Not immediately betraying the party so I could reroll
>>
File: Cursed sword.jpg (2.48 MB, 2363x3600)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>>57952357
>Argentum GMing in Rusty Dagger Shanktown

But what if I WANT to play a lawful good paladin girl who's so inept and down on her luck that she gets killed in her first encounter and brought back as an evil undead ladyknight?

No, seriously, it's hot and I'd play the hell out of that.
>>
>>57952344
Buy Mock Armor and find use Arcane Bond Sword?

All lady knight must be able to shoot beam out of their holy sword since 2004.
>>
>>57952446
You'd probably need an actually good GM for that
>>
>>57952446
Does it count as undead if you die IRL but survive in the VRMMO?
>>
>>57951221
Probably not enough weebtrash for him.
>>
>>57952823
I think technically you're a variety of cyberlich.
>>
>>57952898
Does it tick the right trope boxes?
>>
>>57952947
Only if you also get a harem of cyberlich waifus and you're the best and strongest cyberlich there ever was.
>>
>>57952947
>trope
Ugh
>>
File: file.png (50 KB, 1193x256)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>57952446
SPEAKING OF CURSED SWORDS I bring you Living Item PC "I need someone to balance check this shit" regarding stat degrading their Wielders or enemies! This is the main/unique power that Living Weapons who want to go into a domination 'school' and mindbreak all the people will get.

Is 1 + 1/2 Class Level + Stat Mod too much for Ability Damage?
>>
>>57953424
>http://lrgg.wikia.com/wiki/Arma
Gonzo beat you to the punch years ago.
>>
>>57953424
>Is 1 + 1/2 Class Level + Stat Mod too much for Ability Damage?
... yes.
>>
File: file.png (646 KB, 514x736)
646 KB
646 KB PNG
>>57953464
>"An arma appears like a normal humanoid"
>transforms into a weapon and only really gets enhancement bonuses
>those abilities

Pic related, honestly.

>>57953514
I've never played with or DM'd for things that do ability damage routinely. Would I need to put a clause where the effect can't be used on the same person within 24 hours even if successful? What part of the numbers should I change? This is kind of the primary ability for that flavor of the class so I wanted it to have impact and really stand out, but I don't have a dram of reference for it.
>>
>>57948186

Why is there such an aversion to Starfinder on /tg/?
>>
>>57942110
Crimson Throne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYNfQlf1H8
>>
>>57953584
Being able to deal ability damage routinely is INCREDIBLY dangerous anon. It can shut down, disable, or even outright kill a foe very easily. My gut says 1/5 class level (minimum 1) at the very most unless you have ways of constraining it. If you included limits on exactly which ability scores it could target or very few (like 3 or less at level 20), I'd be willing to push that to 1/3 class level (minimum 1).
>>
>>57953609
There isn't. Most of us don't give a shit about starfinder one way or another. There's just literally one or two autists who think that the game pissed in their cornflakes every morning because this general dared to change its name.
>>
>>57953711
I should clarify that it can only target 1 ability score as of now.

Maybe 1/3 class level min:1 (do you mean like, that's all and no other scaling or just that you'd change the class level part to that?) but can only target mental ability scores until level 15? Keeping in mind that really they would be hamstringed if they can't knock out someone's willpower and convince someone to wield them.
>>
>>57953711
Also with a small change of "This ability cannot be used on the same target within 24 hours" they wouldn't be able to stack the ability damage on one person, it would sort of be a one-and-done hit unless for some reason they stick around for longer than 24 hours.
>>
>>57953584
Ability damage is really tricky to balance, especially if you don't specify which ability it targets. 2+ points of intelligence damage is essentially SoL against anything with animal intelligence. 2 points of strength damage is not very impressive.
>>
>>57953809
>>57953833
>I should clarify that it can only target 1 ability score as of now.
That's definitely more reasonable. If you're looking to use it for dropping willpower, I'd say expressly set it to damage Wis and nothing else. With the addition of a only once per creature per 24 hours, I'd say that would make 1/3 class level reasonable.
>do you mean like, that's all and no other scaling or just that you'd change the class level part to that?
Just class level (so a flat 1 ability damage from 1st-5th, 2 ability damage from 6th-8th, and so on). NEVER give an ability mod to ability damage since ability mods can be cranked way beyond any kind of design parameters you have in mind.
>>
Does /pgg/ have a listed compiled of those known for bamboozling?
>>
>>57954065
Bamboozlers rarely use the same account twice, so such a list would be fruitless.
>>
>>57954065
I worry more about tomfoolery.
>>
>>57952030
The GM is not obligated to run a game if they can't make it work (scheduling issues or lack of quality applications for instance), but he ought to announce that the game will not be proceeding instead of just leaving people around to wonder.
>>
>>57951602
Gloriana got into PLD cause he ERPd with Vult, same as everyone else.
>>
>>57952357
>A game where I can die in a single round to any given enemy

Anon, that's any level, especially with Save or Die. I keep using them as a GM no matter the level.
>>
>>57954065
>Rory
>Argentum

there
>>
>>57954268
Don't forget IDrive
>>
File: cb3.gif (1.16 MB, 625x626)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB GIF
>>57954180
>I keep using them as a GM no matter the level.
>>
>>57954344
It's true, I used Hold Person on an 8th level character last week, then couped them. Rezz are just 6k GP after all.
>>
>>57954369
> 8th level
> doesn't have freedom of movement
???
>>
>>57954268
And that one jackass who started those three bamboozles last year, but I think he just fucked off.
>>
>>57954570
Huh, TIL Freedom of Movement is actually a Divine spell. What do Wizards get?
>>
>>57954570
It's almost as if Spells Known were a limited ressource???

The party is a Gunslinger, Alchemist, Oracle and Magus, so the only one that had the opportunity to know the spell was the Oracle, who didn't take it.
>>
>>57954621
>not learning one of the best spells ever asap
>being this much of a brainlet
I bet you're the kind of GM that takes rez money and sundered magical items away from the PCs' total WBL too
>>
>>57954708
>The party currently is above WBL with 50k spare

really makes you think
>>
>>57954730
>doesn't state this outright
>brags about draining WBL by forcing rezzes from cheap ceaths
>party not spending that massive WBL to get rings of FoM
>>
>>57954917
How would they? The world's not a magic mart!
>>
>>57954169
Fuck off
>>
>>57954935
I see you hate martials too.
>>
Does your character have a secret quality or hidden talent?
>>
>>57955137
Not really - martials mostly get their loot from enemies really. It pays off to not use a weird weapon, and stick to longswords.
>>
>>57955160
only proving you hate martials even more mate. On top of killing diversity too.
>>
>>57955192
Shrug, I just deal with the cards I'm handed when it comes to parties.
>>
>>57955218
or you could actively try to not be a shit gm
>>
>>57955235
But then I'd have to stop relying on Save or Dies and other such gimmicks!
>>
>>57955251
exactly. However I'm not sure if you're being facetious at this point but at least you can recognize they're gimmicks
>>
>>57955284
Iunno. To me it makes sense to have enemies use save or dies, if they exist in-setting. If you had a reliable way to stop a fight instantly, why not use it?
>>
>>57955151
He's actually really good at dancing.
>>
>>57955310
now you're starting to sound like 2hu.
"Why doesn't every enemy try to end the fight immediately and fights with optimal tactics?!?"

why even bother with saves, just make a pounce-raging bloodrager/alchemist that beats average PC ac by 6 or more on their 6+ nat attacks and has access to free action greater invis eventually? Much more reliable than a save or die.

Not every enemy can or should fight optimally and gratuitous use of SoDs invalidates all character choices a PC might make other than a full-casters access to the magic item crafting or spells necessary to hard counter them. You've got a lot of progress to make as a gm
>>
>>57955469
And you sound like a crybaby martial. Grow up kiddo.
>>
Pounce works with spell combat yea?
>>
>>57955485
"your style of gming invalidates the existence of a good portion of your PCs choices, maybe not do that?"
>you, from your ivory tower. g-g-g-grow up k-kiddo haHaa g-gottem guys
>>
>>57955513
spell combat isn't a charge, so no.
>>
>>57955516
Got nothing to retort with so you just green text? What a winning strat kid.
>>
>>57955469
More seriously though, have you looked at Paizo NPC statblock and how they're built? So many of them depend and rely on SoDs, sheesh.

>>57955516
I wasn't the one that told you to grow up. (Nor am I >>57955545)

As I've said, I deal with what my players hand me, and my players are satisfied with that really.
>>
>>57955529
It's a full attack though
>>
>>57955580
pounce denotes a charge. It's also a FRA not a full round attack. They are different and thus would not trigger off pounce.

>>57955545
you had nothing to retort with either other than mud slining you faggot
>>57955568
if your players are satisfied with a campaign where they're hamstrung into only using very specific weapons and have to deal with constant SoDs I can't blame them for being masochists. It's just a thing to improve on, alter stat blocks, alter loot. Try to grow your players into more creative people that aren't punished for their creativity
>>
>>57955661
>Try to grow your players into more creative people that aren't punished for their creativity
Or, they can play the game correctly.
>>
>>57955661
To be fair, it's not just specific weapons, since we play with feat tax, but weapon groups, and I allow free rebuilds on the go.
>>
>>57955719
there's no one true way to play the game but you can try being not an ass
>>57955721
treating a longsword as all heavy blades doesn't make the loot not a shitty longsword. Try throwing in other weapons from time to time, maybe even weird stuff like the battle ladder.
>>
>>57955755
I do, actually, that's why I allow free rebuilds to begin with. Sometimes I throw in a piece of loot that inspires a player to just rework their entire build to make it work.
>>
>>57955779
then maybe just try not to use save or dies. Throw in accurate but low HP mooks that have short duration soft crowd control like entangled or staggered for 1-2 rounds max instead of save or dieing people.
>>
>>57955810
Plenty of that too in my games, it's why my players can use Cleave and not feel bad about it
>>
>>57955875
>cleave.
Just let them get to whirlwind attack and not ever worry with that trash
>>
I hope [Memegame] has fun [Date and/or Time of Day]!
>>
Why can't we have it so attacks work like they do in 5e? Where you can make any or all of your attacks before, during, or after your move without further action cost?
>>
>>57955151
They're really a sweetheart under all the roughness

>>57956140
because fuck you that's why
>>
>>57956140
because of combat reflexes and AoO rules
>>
>>57956076
Thanks anon! now to figure out what this cute angel has to say
>>
>>57956140
So everyone has spring attack? That seems like a reasonable way to fix everyone only having one attack per round at base.
>>
>>57956395
Tell us about them!
>>
>>57956140
Because Pathfinder is basically just 3.5e and 3.5e doesn't work that way, not to mention even if it were changed to that then everything in Pathfinder would have to be rebalanced around that.
>>
>>57954584
Was it beep?
>>
>>57956492
You could pretty much just cut out the entire pounce thing.
>>
>>57954310

Who did idrive, bamboozle?
>>
>>57956430
She's a centuries old ysanders for the goddess who made her, and is still convinced that she's not a demon eating human souls. But she's been unable to get a call back from her goddess for a few hundred years and has settled in to wait it out, taking care of the city that has her (now scorned) temple.

Her temple that just got blown up by rival cult and the priestess were saved by the party, so she just bailed them out of some shit.

Realistically, she's just going to be another source of dangerous information for the party to try and save the city I guess. Maybe jam in some exp for them.
>>
>>57956230
I don't think you'd need to change either of those things, though.
>>
>>57956630
Joined a game, raped a major plot important NPC, then bailed from the game. If you weren't such a newfag you'd know this already.
>>
>>57956655

He also killed some PCs, anon.
>>
>>57956614
That would definitely be the first to go. I didn't say it couldn't be done, it's more that Paizo would probably not be arsed to bother.
>>
>>57956641
I really thought my autocorrect knew yandere by now
>>
What do you do if a player rapes one of the players in their sleep, after killing a bunch of low level NPCs. Then bails? Should you retcon anything or just roll with it?
>>
>>57956738
>player rapes a player
I think you need to call the police.
>>
File: aku surprise.jpg (18 KB, 623x473)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>57956738
I feel like this has been asked before, strangely enough. I'd retcon it, yeah.
>>
>>57956803

Yeah, You mean idrive anon? He raped a plot important npc then left after killing some pcs. He also bamboozled the starstone group from what i heard.
>>
>>57956827
That's the one.
>>
File: 1496903048660.jpg (275 KB, 750x958)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>57955151
He's Joseph Joestar levels of batshit insane.
We're playing an assassin game and while everyone is hardcore edgelord killers, I kill people with Looney Tunes shenangians. I once assasinated a hard target because he rarely uses anything twice and is constantly on the move. However I found out that he always uses the bathroom around 9:00 PM before going to bed. I had my snake familiar crawl up the sewers and mark both the toilet seat and the inner door handle of the bathroom with Nodes of Blasting. As soon as the mark dropped his pants, the shit literally hit the fan as he took 12d6 Psychic damage from being flung off the toilet and into the door handle, triggering both nodes. He failed both saves and didn't roll lower than a 3, giving him 58 damage and insta-killing him. He's pretty much pic related as he occasionally takes items from his targets and creates implements from them since I'm playing an Occultist.
>>
>2. De-Classify the records of the 2012 Congressional Congress and the Emergency Reformation Act that created the current government structure (not conceded so far, 3 days remain)

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6033492/details-on-shambalha

Jesus Christ, Congressional Congress?
>>
File: school prison.gif (421 KB, 240x180)
421 KB
421 KB GIF
>>57956899
kek
>>
>>57956899
It's extra congressional, anon.
>>
>>57956899
>when you use words you don't know the meaning of in order to try and sound smart but you're just a faggot.
>>
>>57952446
>>
>>57956899
>>57956899
>when you forget you used a placeholder because you couldn't recall the name at the time so you used a ridiculous name in its place and then never looked back
>>
>>57957096
>>57957096
>when you make up some lame excuse in the general, but are ranting and raving about how /pgg/ doesn't understand your brilliance so you have to dumb it down for them in the discord
>>
>>57954268
Argentum hasn't bamboozled once, just because he didn't immediately decide on picks the moment the app deadline hit doesn't mean it's a bamboozle.
>>
>>57957191
>>57957096
> when you talk about some stupid meme game instead of Pathfinder
>>
>>57955661
>They are different and thus would not trigger off pounce.
Wouldn't that mean that a Magus could not use Spell Combat with the Dimensional Dervish line, despite it being cited by fags constantly?
>>
>>57957494
yes but he's a garbage GM
>>
>>57956738
I want a story. Give me the story.
>>
>>57957745

How is he garbage? Elaborate please.
>>
>>57957806
>flakes on a bunch of games
>can't schedule for shit
>TPKs a party when one player is absent, turns them all into evil undead
>slow
>>
>playing a PF game with college friends
>my Triple Goddess Hedgewitch takes an "auto self confirming" (sic) critical hit
>for 195 damage.
>we're all lvl 4.
>GM won't say what he used or rolled, just that my character took 10 times her HP in damage and is thus impossible to revive, not even with a Wish spell
>also says I shouldn't bother making another character, everyone only gets one
How bullshit is this? Is there such a thing as "auto-self confirming" critical hits? Can a lvl 4 creature deal 195 hp damage? We don't use any 3pp beside Spheres of Power, which I introduced the group to and alot of them seemed to like it.
>>
>>57958498
Nope. Time to find a new GM because you have a shitter.
>>
>>57958498
Self-onfirming crits? Yeah, there's a few way to do those.

195 damage? Maybe with a 4x crit

Mostly, you got a shitty GM if that's a true story.
>>
>>57958498
He doesn't want to play with you, and doesn't have the balls or maturity to actually kick you out.
>>
>>57958530
>>57958544
There aren't many tabletop groups at my college. Everyone's into Yugioh or Pokemon mostly. They were the only ones that were taking players.

>>57958549
I was honestly afraid of that. God damnit.
>>
>>57958629
Start your own group then!
>>
>>57958629
Don't take this the wrong way, but did you do something to offend the guy or something. Maybe my experience is fucked, but college groups tend to be relatively open and eager to take on new blood.
>>
>>57958665
Honestly, the only thing I can think of is a few weeks back I told him and the others I had voted for Hillary cause I didn't like Trump. But other then that, no. I like to think of myself as a good player. I introduced them to SoP and they took to it like hogs to corn. And I didn't make my Hedge too OP, I tried to keep her within the same power level as the other players.

Should I confront him about it? I'm just numb right now. It's the first time I've been asked to leave a group, and he did so in such a roundabout way.
>>
>>57958807
It just sounds weird, you should ask him what's the deal. How did the others react?
>>
>>57958807
I mean, yeah. Ask your (now Ex) GM as to why that happened. Ask him flat-out, did you do something to piss him off? If he doesn't say anything, or if he says something stupid like "hurr you voted wrong", then he was never worth your time and you're better off with other people anyway.
>>
>>57958807
>a few weeks back I told him and the others I had voted for Hillary cause I didn't like Trump
My last group broke in half and then disbanded because the GM said he didn't vote for Hillary
He voted for Gary Johnson because he wasnt a fan of Trump either but that was enough to make the brit and the female of the group go screeching

It's your fault for bringing up politics in a fucking escapism hobby you fucknugget
>>
>What does your character do while the rogue is stealthily scouting ahead?
My wizard has already magically scouted everything there is to scout before the rogue even begins.
>>
>>57957745
That may be, but that's completely separate from being a bamboozler.

>>57957904
At least 2 of those games were because of asshole players flaking, not him. He is fucking slow as shit though, I swear he doesn't write or plan anything out beforehand, or maybe he's just an atrociously slow hunt and peck typer. A fight should not take THREE SESSIONS to complete.
>>
>>57958918
>not proudly letting everyone know your politics and why
>not bringing race realism to the table
>not then happily playing with literal communists
Step it up to the Chad life
>>
>>57958935
>A fight should not take THREE SESSIONS to complete.
[muffed screams from DTG Godlings]
>>
>>57958498
The thing many rpg noobs / PF players just don’t get is that the GM can do whatever he wants. There doesn’t have to be a rule for it. That being said a dick move is still a dick move, but you can’t criticize him for doing something that’s not ”in the rules”. In a RPG the GM comes up with rules if needed.
>>
>>57958972
>>>/pol/
>>
>>57958835
They seemed surprised. I'm txting one of the other players and she said the game came to a halt after I left this morning. She also said it was the first time she's ever seen him kill a PC. Combats in his games are never deadly.

>>57958918
It wasn't like I was bragging! We had a few beers, talks got around to Make America Great Again and "all the good" Trump was doing. They were going on and on and I just told the truth. I guess I should have kept quiet.

I've tried txting him and he isn't responding. I'll talk to him in person. Hopefully have an update in a few hours.
>>
>>57959046
There's a difference between making new monster or re-fluffing something, whatever and making something that can decide to instantly eviscerate a character with absolutely zero means of defending against it or reversing the effect. And just because a GM can change a rule doesn't necessarily mean that change is good or beyond criticism.
>>
>>57952369
My DM once gave me a sword that erases demons from existence on crits, it was meant to be used to destroy this demon-god BBEG. Then, he let me put Keen on it despite already having Improved Critical. I even tried to explain to him that they normally would not stack, but he didn't care. Then, when the time came to fight the BBEG, I kept rolling inspiration (something the DM was real loose with doling out) until I rolled something within the incredibly huge crit range.

Campaign would've ended there had we not all reiterated how stupid powerful the sword was. Granted after retconning what happened he didn't bother letting the sword do anything special at all. It was seriously just a longsword at that point. But whatever, our party's Magus ended up betraying us for the BBEG and nearly killed us all anyhow.
>>
>>57959097
>talks got around to Make America Great Again and "all the good" Trump was doing.
Assuming this isn't b8, I thought all the /pol//trumpfags moved on to 5e given paizo's political reputation.
>>
>>57959098
Sure, you can criticize the rulings but not the fact rulings are being made. Just a little reminder because I see lots of players that go apeshit when a GM ignores a rule or uses a modification or whatever.
>>
File: Gatekeeper.png (57 KB, 241x230)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>57959127
They were, but then the 5e lead designer kicked them out of the game so they had to find a new one again.
>>
>>57959201
What... what's wrong with rules complexity?
>>
>>57959329
Girls are too dumb to understand rules, according to 5e lead designer.
>>
>>57959329
It makes it harder to market a product to a mass audience, which is folly for different reasons.
>>57959351
And also this, it's the classic "SJW shows they're only slightly less sexist/racist than the people they prop up as strawmen".
>>
I'd just like to say that I am 85% sure Rory got kicked out of another game recently
>>
>>57959464
nobody cares.
>>
>>57959464
Stop trying to spread lies.
>>
>>57959464
I don't know who that is, nor do I care to.
>>
>>57959464
And who the fuck are you to say that
>>
Whats some fun throwable melee weapons aside from the basic bitch daggers and throwing axes?
>>
>>57959724
There's a player in my game that's got a Butchering axe throwing build.
>>
>>57959724
Spears.
>>
File: African Throwing penis.jpg (191 KB, 610x479)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>57959749
When is Paizo going to nut up and stat the african throwing penis?
>>
>>57959201
Honestly I would assume /pol/tards would unironically take to FATAL. That's a topic for another thread though.
>>
>>57959697
>>57959541
>>57959515
>>57959494
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
>>
>>57960082
Look, just because I post in a thread where people post about their circlejerk games doesn't mean I know anything about them. Fuck, I try to filter that crap however I can.
>>
>>57959464

What game?
>>
>>57959817
Hunga Munga is already in the game.
>>
>>57959817
Why are nigger weapons so poorly designed
>>
>>57960339

Because you're kawase.
>>
>>57960339
It's more useful to intimidate with
>>
>>57960426
No I'm not, chink weapons are equally as shit
>>
>>57960498

They discovered gunpowder though.

Also, why do you use offensive language to our fellow Chinese friend?
>>
>>57960308
It's also worse than the Chakram save for the fact that the Hunga Munga doesn't ask for a Reflex save (if you're not in heavy armor) or induct a -1 to hit.
>>
>>57960577
>as much nitrogenous material as sulfur
>>
New thread

>>57960889
>>57960889
>>57960889
>>57960889
>>
>>57960456
This, it was made to scare people because no one wants to get sliced open by a giant dick.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.