[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: sufferingchart.jpg (13 KB, 250x245)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Where does your character in your current game belong on this chart?
>>
>>57943952
Do players suffering under bad GMs count too?
>>
File: suffchart2.png (263 KB, 2199x2163)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>57943952
non-ant sized chart
>>
>>57944012
yes.
>>
>>57943952
I would probably say 60-90 in how much they deserve it and 20-40 in suffering. He's a chaos follower of Slaanesh who enjoys all forms of excess drugs, sex, casual torture, the thrill of battle, gluttony. Nothing says excess like eating liver from a fattened, force fed human.
>>
>>57944122
>Slaanesh follower
>20-40 suffering

feel like it should probably be a bit higher but i suppose it all varies really
>>
>>57944015
Then would way a 30 for me to play Shadowrun with a German GM who is new an I knew the risk.
I would put the suffering at 65 because the German autism is no joke.
It it's RAW it is LAW and Shadowrun 5e doesn't work.
>>
>>57944189
He personally hasn't suffered much. Former son of an Imperial aristocrat, spent most of his time before joining the party fucking over poor people and former allies for personal gain.
>>
>>57943952
My warlock Paladin, suffering is probably 65-70. Deserved it is a solid 45.
>>
>>57943952
bump
>>
>>57943952
>Currently playing in a Vampire the Masquerade game.
>Malkavian Grunge/Metal Rocker (former drummer in a metal band and moved to Seattle to do Grunge music when her band fell apart) from the early 90s turned when she was 19.
>Camarilla takes over Seattle in the 90s, talks of killing vampires not created in the traditions starts flowing around, along with killing thinbloods.
>When being introduced to the Prince, is asked if they have any concerns.
>She tells the Prince to knock off the killing thinbloods and those not made in the traditions. Gets sire held hostage while she's forced to do ten deeds to free her.
>Deeds made to make those who might have seen her as a martyr or hero instead see her as a lapdog of the Prince. Except she still turns it around and gains support from Anarchs and even a few of the Cam Clans.
>Finishes 9 deeds, then told her 10th deed is to kill her sire.
>Instead, with the help of the Anarchs and Clans, kills the Prince instead.
>Civil War then between the Anarchs and the now Princeless Camarilla.
>She becomes the Poster Child of the Anarchs.
>War ends with Anarch defeat, she's banned from Seattle by new Prince.
>20 years later, her sire is missing since the war, she's now in NYC, where Nosferatu Prince and Clan go missing due to beast hunting them.
>New Prince forces her and a mixed crew to find them.
>Nearly dies when the Beast attacks the crew.
>Currently is trying to get out of the crew and the politics but keeps being dragged in by outside forces.
>Might be helping a Venture acting as a Harpy to take the role of Prince from the current one.

So I would say Suffering is a solid 50, not as bad as it has been, but not even close to good. Deserved It... 40? She made mistakes (Seattle took place less than a year after her Embrace) but can't seem to keep them from coming back at her.
>>
File: My Disgust.jpg (85 KB, 453x439)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>57943952
Me the player/my Eldrin cleric (Christian god btw) because him/I got teleported to and are trapped in a generic fantasy world based off an anime that has nothing but humans and anime waifu bullshit. Full of dark souls references and "oh no i frill on u" jokes. Fighting le edgey re-skinned anime trope monsters/ original character do not steal, along side a retarded dragonborn, a fellow eladrin but is a heathen. an ugly teifling, and 2 humans. A 6 man mistake of a game where combat turns take hours and the paladin is a power gamer and does nearly 100 damage if he sets up right. SOMEONE SAVE ME FOR FUCKS SAKE AAAAAHHH
>>
>>57944015
Currently, about 20/50.
If the game continues how I think it will? Then about 100/100.
>>
>>57943952
Probably about (10, 20)
>>
>>57944930
>>War ends with Anarch defeat, she's banned from Seattle by new Prince

That seems a bit out of nowhere, how the fuck did the Cammies manage to turn it around?
>>
>>57944015
25, 80.

Diplomat spacer. Shot his mind controlled father to save himself and two other people. Was forced to leave his lover on a death world, couldn't get clearance to return to it because of him killing his father. Returns 20 years later to find his lover dead and a 19 year old kid in her place. Never tell the kid he's his father because of deep seated self loathing and depression.

Got shot in the face, now have no depth perception.

Son eventually leaves on suicide mission, saves tens of thousands. Still never told him.

Go home, discover hitherto unknown half sister is destroying my reputation and company due to a perceived slight when I informed her at the very beginning of the campaign about her husband's death. Clear things up, gave her half the family company.

Get sucked into wormhole, lose fancy-smancy ship in the process. Entire crew packed into shuttle craft, almost zero spare space, not enough food.

Sacrifice himself to appease evil space vampire to let the rest of the party leave.
>>
>>57945353
shit nigga
>>57944983
so im guessing its like a uuuuuh 10, 100?
>>
>>57943952
>randomly rolled character traits from a book the DM gave me
>one-armed archer that lost his genitals in combat during a bloody conflict
>gets abandoned by the mercenary troop and left to die over a frame-up
>manages to barely make it back home where his family had run into hard times and had to run the inn while he recovered from his injuries
>secretly trains in the way of sword as a pasttime
>illness gets to his parents leaving just him overwhelmed
>sells the inn
>uses the money to take a pilgrimage for the deity of man, runs out by the start of the campaign
>makes his name in a tournament
>travels the rest of the way with a shiny new sword
>nearly dies a few times, but the violence is cathartic
50/50?
>>
>>57945110
When we played the game it wasn't out of nowhere, but that description does make it seem that way.

Basically, the Anarchs were doing well but the issue came from not having a leader. Like, my character was loved and people looked up to her, but anyone that wasn't newly turned like her (which was a large majority) basically didn't want some kid who didn't know jack shit about being a vampire leading them. That and some bad social rolls basically caused the Anarchs to act as individuals instead of a team. Meanwhile, the new Prince, a Tremere, was able to get the ball rolling fast since she was basically my character's biggest supporter up until the night the Prince died, was able to change the narrative that the Cam shouldn't have put their faith so much in me and that I must have being working for the Anarchs the whole time, blah blah blah, gained the title and crushed the rebellion hard. The last fight before I was banned from Seattle basically got 4 of the 6 players killed within three or four rounds of combat. I only survived due to Obfuscate letting me get out of dodge when it go super sour and the other guy was captured. I turned myself in to save him (my sire was missing at this point and losing him would have meant I was alone, a feeling my character hadn't grown accustom to as my sire was very much coddling person) and the new Prince sent us away instead of killing us because she didn't want martyr blood on her hands. The game ended there and now nearly two years one of the other players whose character died has taken up the role of GM and I brought my broken soul character into that game. Now she's looking for her sire while trying not to be someone's pet again, but basically got dragged into this mess because she wasn't introduced to the old Nos Prince (he was more hands off than most Princes) and the new Tremere Prince (not the same one from Seattle) is trying to micromanage the vampires in the city.
>>
>>57943952
(0,0), I guess, but the campaign isn't some hamfisted dark/gritty=realistic, victim complex manifest tripe, so there's really no such thing as "deserving suffering". If there's any of that, it's just happens because sometimes that's life; the characters do their best to deal with the hardship, and move on.
>>
50/35. Just regular existential dread, but not the best way of going about handling it.
She's an adventurer entirely because she hasn't found anything in life worth living, fighting, and dying for. Originally it was banditry she turned to, but she quickly stopped after she woke up muttering "kill loot return" one too many times. She's taking dangerous odd jobs as an obtuse form of committing suicide, or as a way of finding something worth the trouble, if she's feeling rather optimistic that day.
>>
Like 10/75

My character has been relatively brutal, but still hasn't suffered any real consequences from it. But the storm is on the horizon for sure
>>
>>57945563
>50/50

why does he have that level of deserving.

sounds more like 10/70-80 to me, mate

>>57945891
>a campaign where one person isn't suffering

that's oddly rare to see
>>
>>57943952
bump
>>
>>57945485
yeah i deserve it for showing up every week.
>>
>>57946007
He's pretty violent, that didn't really come across.
>>
>>57943952
bump
>>
>>57943952

A joke in my TTRPG groups is that I love to inflict suffering on my characters. I almost always work with the GM to give them some sort of horrible thing in their backstory as well as setting up future difficulties for them to go through, often giving the GM a blank cheque to come up with something nasty that even the character doesn't know that will eventually come back to bite them.

The thing about suffering, though, is that it's only satisfying when it eventually ends. I enjoy inflicting it on my characters for the depth of roleplay I get out of them struggling and fighting and desperately clawing to get out of it, to what awaits them on the other side.

Most of my characters, in games that don't die early, end up a lot happier and better off than before, and the happy endings really feel earned because of how much bullshit they went through.
>>
70 suffering, 15 deserved. Twilight cast solar with an ugly childhood, been taken for a real ride of mindfuckery over the course of the chronicle, including being kidnapped by an Abyssal, having her intellectual philosophy basically being refuted in slow-motion, and recently a brush with the Not!Necronomicon. But it could be a lot worse.

She deserves a hard shake for being a total coward, but not all the bullshit Solars go through.
>>
>>57943952
Nurgle Chosen

He’s having the time of his life! So many loyalists around to gas and he’s been able to sample his favourite snack, progenoid.

He’s met fun folks with similiar interests, good “not dying” skills, and singular talent for mayhem and bloodshed.

Plus they appreciate him! Papa Nurgle says you should stick by your friends so long as they stick by you and the Human rammed a dark angel with a trukk.

It was hilarious!
>>
>>57943952
Extreme lower right.
>>
Daughter eaten by a dragon, her soul imprisoned by asmodeus while he was plane stuck in Blackmoore. Asmodeus sends imps and other devils to pass messages detailing the horrors he is subjecting his daughter to. All likely false, but horrible to a parent no less.

He was partially responsible for the shattering of his plane. It was to defeat the Maw, a reality devouring entity who threatened creation but he was unaware of the price his people would have to pay.

He is also stuck being the stick in the mud for a group of rowdy and insane individuals of awesome ability. Might be losing his grip on things after recent revelations. May begin a madness spiral, we’ll see how it comes out in the rp.
>>
>>57944015
20/70
He's an idiot who having fun and getting into lots of cool fights, but god forbid his luck runs out and he's going to hit a wall really fucking hard. A lot of the stupid shit he pulls really shouldn't work out as well as they usually do.
>>
>>57948767
>>
File: Suffering 1.png (325 KB, 2199x2163)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
Level of Suffering:
We are Scale Bearers, enforcers of the Overlord's laws. Of the original party, my character is the last survivor. I am all that's left of generation 1.
One of my best friends, who I fought alongside in the war to unite the land, died in front of my eyes in what could only be described as assisted suicide by my other best friend.
As for that other best friend, I was pretty much forced to lop his head off in a public execution. The Gen 2's and I were kidnapped by criminals and he went so far as to murder children during interrogations to find us, which led to a riot, and his execution. Which I carried out.
I found one of the Gen 3's in jail and sentenced them to years in prison for many, many crimes.
Everything I have tried to do has ended in failure, and if I don't succeed with my current investigation then I will be thrown in jail or executed. And literally every one of my partners has died along the way.

How much I deserved it:
I may or may not be a war criminal depending on who you ask. Despite being a Paladin and upholder of the law, I steal at every chance I get and worship any god that is appropriate in the situation. I have carried out executions for petty crimes, and thrown the bodies to the sewer rats to feast. The only thing I can say I haven't done is murder children, since that's what I executed my best friend for.
>>
He’s a paladin on a quest to save the world from the luck goddess’ dickery and gets to slay dragons, aberrations, undead, and demons.

He said happy as a pig in shit to be honest.

He does have to work with a morally reprehensible warlock but Iran mostly conjecture at this point and tic be honest he isn’t that bad. Sold his soul to three pitfiends and bahaumut.

Mostly seems misguided.
>>
>>57943952
I remember when we filled out this chart with /tg/ characters
Well... mostly, I remember simple green being at 5,5
>>
File: 20180213_013713.png (282 KB, 2198x2162)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
Something like this.
>>
File: 1515942914684.jpg (1.58 MB, 2199x2163)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
Does anyone have the rest of the charts? I only bothered to save /a/'s chart.
>>
File: 2200bc_6318085.jpg (603 KB, 1400x1461)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>57948949
Searching the axes got me /v/'s...
>>
File: 1495840275848.jpg (2.01 MB, 2199x2163)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>57950785
/tv/'s...
>>
File: 30a.jpg (1003 KB, 1280x1259)
1003 KB
1003 KB JPG
>>57950796
And /co/'s.
That's all I'm afraid.
>>
>>57948885
lol
>>
File: 20180213_075534.png (286 KB, 2198x2162)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>
>>57948949
freeza and Vegeta on the same suffering level? what is this, wrongness hour?
>>
>>57950807
>When the Wind Blows at top left
God dammit I was not ready to feel things this early in the morning
>>
>>57952275
Both suffered almost identical ego deaths under similar circumstamces against goku and vegeta has since experienced roughly as much anti-suffering as he has suffering for a neutral gain. As such they sit roughly equivalent on the suffering scales.
Honestly speaking goku should be somewhere in the Low Suffering/High Deserving rankings simply due to all the shit he's caused directly or indirectly regardless of the fact he fixed most of it after the fact.
>>
>>57948866

Did anyone ever finish it btw?
>>
File: 141987126771.jpg (36 KB, 475x356)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>57950796
>The Swede at (100, 100)
All is as it should be
>>
>>57944015
80/80.
He literally killed the only person he loved.
>>
>>57952515
>He literally killed the only person he loved

Was it for a good reason, like saving an entire city population or something????
>>
>>57952527
No, I'm playing an evil campaign.
>>
>>57950807
C’mon man what did Fry’s dog do to deserve anything?!
>Good chart though
>>
>>57952550
oof
>>
>>57953149
Did I tell you that the only person he ever loved was also his best friend's wife? And then his best friend went insane and died.
>>
File: 13424242.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>57950785
2B should be higher. 9S and Papa Nier should be swapped. Emil should be one slot back and a few dozen slots up at the top of another list for advanced suffering.
>>
>>57953287
He sounds pretty dann evil
>>
>>57950807
>clarissa's dad
The comic never got to the part where he got thrown in prison and violated every minute of every day with all the other pederasts?
>>
>>57955373
True but he did it all for "muh duty"
Would you like to know more?
>>
>>57950807
>100/100
Its perfect
>>
File: sketch-1518545850460.png (68 KB, 549x540)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
Things just keep getting worse for the bastard.

Terribly abused as a child by his cruel, corrupt nobleman father and the clergy his mother belongs to. Tried desperately to save himself and his mother and was powerless to do anything- until he killed his father. Left home to not witness what his actions did to his mother and the community (despite its extreme corruption). Couldn't stay away, caring too much for her wellbeing. Upon discovering that his mother was still being exploited, he began killing anyone that he knew to have harmed her. Eventually became so obsessed with protecting her and the city that he's utterly convinced that his actions will lead to revolutionary change. He's convinced he has noble ambitions, and did everything he could to avoid being caught. Two PCs deduced he was the serial killer in the city. When they apprehended him, one mutilated his right hand, ensuring he'd never be able to play his instruments again. Beaten and tortured within an inch of his life on arrest. Currently imprisoned in solitary confinement until the ruler of the city decides how to make a further example of him. After murdering 7 men in cold blood, he definitely deserves punishment, but is suffering on an indescribable level as he is utterly convinced that he did the right thing.
>>
File: graph.jpg (376 KB, 2199x2163)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>57943952
>>
>>57955517
Yeah actually
>>
>>57955883
Interesting story. Think he'll be able to escape? Maybe have a redemption arc?
>>
>>57956041
Well, he started out as an NPC, but my players liked him so much that they want to break him out. The one who played the character who mutilated him is going to DM, and I'm going to play as him. The other PC went on a quest to get an incredibly powerful homebrew potion of healing that will heal his tendons, and is breaking into the prison to rescue him. This Friday we're going to play the escape.

If it goes really well and the players are okay with my DMPC, he'll get a redemption arc for sure. I'd love to see him discover that the world isn't so cruel and that there are ways to make change without hurting anyone.

On the other hand, if they're put off by the character, I'll have him betray the PC the second they're out of the prison and break away. He'll escape into the city and come back to bite them in the ass- and give them the choice to become accomplices, kill him, turn him back in.
>>
>>57955966
Keep in mind all characters in this story have long lifespan so the story take place in several centuries.

My character had a crush on a woman, and she kind of liked him as a friend, but because of political arrangements, she was married to another man. He tried to stop that, and got BTFO, badly. Because of bitterness and tfw no gf, he emigrated to another country, the evil empire. Once in the evil empire, he studied hard and worked his way up among the politicians of the country. As the young emperor entered the political scene and was met by grognards that weren't having his shit, he needed a shadow figure to smooth things up for him. Thus, my character befriended the emperor. He paved the way for all his decisions, took control of a network of spies across the empire, imprisoned political opponents left and right. He became the emperor's right hand man, advisor, and executioner. (1/)
>>
>>57955952
This is retarded unmatched justice is a part of life. Sometimes the bad guys get off without any punishment and sometimes the good guys suffer endlessly. Building the whole game around ensuring characters only suffer appropriately is retarded and pointless.
>>
>>57956481
Cont (/2)

Then one day the emperor was gone and came back with a woman he wanted to marry. It was the gal from earlier, recently widowed. At this point, my character had kind of forgot about her, but keeping himself celibate the entire time. He did not really mind the emperor marrying her, or so he kept telling himself. Flash forward a few years. The emperor and the gal were having their first baby. Perhaps because of that, she confessed to my character, perhaps the only person she could trust in the entire court because she knew him, that she would not let her child grow up an emperor of death and violence. She, in fact, planned to send her baby away to another kingdom, and asked him for his help. My character had spent so many years at this point, building up his power and influence over the country, that all he could think of was "it's treason, then". But he kept it on low, and kind of reassured her he would help.
(2/)
>>
>>57956661
Cont (/3)

He had a long, long internal discourse about that. But finally... The nurse that was to help the empress give birth had a son, and that son was sick with something that could be only cured with rare exotic plants. He told the nurse he would get what she needed to heal her son... but she had to kill the queen, and disguise it as a childbirth death. That happened. The baby survived. The emperor, who sincerely loved the queen, was devastated, running wild in the palace and screaming. It was an utter shitshow. Years later, the emperor went to a war that my character would have advised against, and died in battle. All that was left was his son, who was basically raised by my character. Nowadays, the advisor is still the shadow of the empire, a sad loyal husk, having killed both his only love and his only friend.
>>
>>57956512
Just world fallacy
>>
>>57956878
Alright, 80/80 does seem fair when I look at it that way
>>
>>57956512
>What is storytelling
>What is the hero's journey
>What is escapism
>Missed the very simple FATAL joke that is the point of the post
>>
>>57957043
Yeah, though you could argue it's more like 80/100 or 100/100. And the irony is that the reason why he orchestrated the murder of the queen instead of just telling the emperor his wife was a traitor is because he was afraid the emperor would be more hurt by the revelation that his wife didn't really love him.
>>
>>57957190
sounds like an interesting story. wait so whos the emperor now? is it your char? is that how the story ends?
>>
>>57958298
The emperor is the former emperor's son, who is now grown up. But my char is more or less running the country.
That was the backstory.
>>
>>57950785
>that sausage-flinging faggot deserving 0 suffering
I want to speak with the manager.
>>
>>57943952
My character is currently burning forever in the core of the sun, a self-imposed fate taken as an alternative to suffering on earth. The worst thing he's ever done was maybe overindulge in a bit of pipeweed. I'd put him at a (Suffering 90, Deserved 10).
>>
File: 1453646317161.gif (1.36 MB, 300x165)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB GIF
>>57950785
>Ridley takes up four boxes
>>
>>57950785
I wonder why the nameless one it 100,100
>>
>>57943952
85 x 55, give or take.

Stomping around a jungle in full kit with a heavy repeater and a full backpack of other kit, laughing at one of the other guys getting assaulted, possible in that way, by a tree octopus, but he was the only one smart enough to fork over for a proper survival tent and A/C unit for his armor.
>>
Bump
>>
>>57948949
what did hanekawa ever do to deserve suffering? She was abused as a kid and got cucked. Worst stuff she did was while she was under the control of black
>>
>>57943952
>My V:tR Malocusian
20-40, she's surprisingly benign and happy for a spider.
>My Shadowrun character
60-90, typical edgelord criminal with no sense of right or wrong but a lot of woe is me the poor opressed superhuman rogue bullshitting
>My ERP character
90-90, and she loves it
>>
>>57962492
>90-90, and she loves it

what the
>>
>>57943952
>Distant but optimistic Elf Spellsword from a small noble family
80% suffering, 10% deserved. She's been on death's door like once a session (we've done about 5), the Reaper must think she's playing ding-dong-ditch. Most of these have been caused and/or made worse by the party ranger. Dude must have almost killed her by accident on THREE different occasions, it's just silly.
>>
>>57944015
20/80
Noble guy killed his lover's fiancé and ran into the night. Only suffering he's had is leaving his waifu and losing an eye in the battle.
>>
>>57963018
>Noble guy killed his lovers fiance

huh?

He's a nobleman and someone killed his fiance?

Or he's a noble, and a man killed his lovers (affair) fiance and he had to run away?

Or he's a regular class guy and a nobleman killed his...

can you rephrase that, im lost
>>
>>57948949
Why the hell is Shinji at a 45 for deserved suffering?
>>
File: 1518129896125.png (6 KB, 207x243)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>57963046
>Or he's a noble, and a man killed his lovers (affair) fiance and he had to run away?
Close to this one. He is a noble that killed a guy who his lover was betrothed to. I added in 'noble guy' after writing the sentence cause I think it adds to the deserving of suffering. Derp.
>>
>>57963111
Cause he WOULDN'T GET IN THE DAMN ROBOT
>>
>>57944015
30/70
accidentally killed his brother and is now on the run out of guilt and paranoia even though nobody even thinks he did it or is even looking for him. Was an honest accident too
>>
>>57943952
40/40
Half-elf raised by her great-uncle, she lived a moderately hard life with a couple of sweet spots. She's sort of a bitch with her heart in the right place.
>>
>>57963111
You're right. Considering shit went cockwise because of his selfish childish as fuck attitude and constant menstruation level of pathetic bitching and moaning he should be higher in Deserved.
>>
>>57963129
If he deliberately killed his waifus planned fiance out of jealousy, I feel like his "deserved" rating is 50-60
>>
>>57962541
>Invulnerable masochist raptophile in a pulpy River City Ransom/golden age comic book setting.
Lots of ryona and guilty orgasms.
>>
>>57963387
>Considering shit went cockwise because of his selfish childish as fuck attitude and constant menstruation level of pathetic bitching and moaning he should be higher in Deserved

How exactly? As far as I could tell from the show, he was the only one of the pilots who actually did anything worthwhile.
>>
>>57963387
It probably would have been a lot easier for him if they'd bothered TELLING HIM WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON!
>>
Current character fireballed a bunch of innocents who were trying to do their job but got in their way, realized what she had done, ran away because they couldn't deal with it, and unintentionally caused a PC to die. Verdict is out on how she's going to get punished, so I'll put suffering on 0-20, with deserved it in the 70-80s.
>>
>>57944015
40, 75
>>
>>57944015
5/30
Cleric of the god of life/death who needed money and joined on with the first person who was hiring. Ended up with a pirate crew and didn't leave because he's completely apathetic towards morality or models of society so long as nobody violates the laws of life/death and he can keep doing his duty. Feels extremely guilty, but can't let go of a memento from the time that he didn't help his kinsmen because he was too busy researching in the temple library. He hasn't suffered one bit aside from a nasty bout of sea sickness because he never does anything outrageously good or evil, unlike his companions who have recently revived an elder god, summoned Godzilla, killed a woman just as she got her pre-wedding gift from the king and was about to marry a prince, and caused our favorite NPC to commit suicide. None of this was directly his fault, he just let it happen and then cleaned up the mess afterward.
>>
100th post bump
>>
>>57950796
Who's 10-70?
>>
>>57950807
>>57950796
interesting to see the two different opinions on samurai jack. Why does /tv/ think jack mostly deserves his suffering?
>>
>>57963111
Because people want Shinji to act like a trained soldier with 300 confirmed kills rather than a teenage boy whose father told him to come back to town after like ten years of no contact before putting him into a physical god and making him fight another one without being explained jack shit or why a grown ass man can't do this immensely important "all humans will die if you don't" thing, and like to imagine they would do any different if they were in his position.
>>
>>57968676
All ronin desserve their suffering, it's part of the archetype.
>>
>>57968748
I don't think he really qualifies as a Ronin. He himself is a high ranked Lord, he just doesn't have the support structure around his position. Nobody demoted him or kicked him out of their service, and he certainly wasn't born a loner.
>>
Final bump
>>
>>57948848
>murdering your best friend to save some children
>>
>>57950785
HOW IN HELL did Brad Armstrong deserve any of the suffering
>>
>>57971453
WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!
>>
>>57950796
>mr rogers
>deserving any suffering at all
fucking WRONG
>>
>>57950807
Wasn't there a complete one for /his/ somewhere?
>>
File: honl.png (358 KB, 616x788)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>57950807
>Gamzee
>suffering that low
it should be more like 70/60 or 70/50
>>
>>57944012
no
>>
Suffering: 100
Deserves: 0

Nice guys finish last.
>>
>>57943952
>>57944015
Suffering 85
Deserving 20

Johnny B Goode is an elven wizganger/huckster born in a Barrens gutter & raised on the street. He fell in love with a rich cutiepie elven technomancer, KandyKiss, at a club called Titanic. It was her first time sneaking out of her parents corporate enclave & he showed her a true night on the town. They've fallen hard for each other. Now Johnny has his eyes set on making it big as a Shadowrunner, getting money & giving his girl the life she deserves. He'll probably die in a gutter, the way he was born, with her name on his lips & the taste of blood on his tongue
>>
File: 1515371783226.jpg (100 KB, 752x670)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>57950796
Funny that tears in the rain man appears twice, at (45,55) and at (80,80)
>>
>>57943952
>22 years old but sacrificed 20 years of memory to learn more about religion
>Eviscerated multiple times both by enemies adn friends but healed
>Was willingly vivisected to garner favor from a strong wizard
>Has had more close friends betray her then currently has enemies
>Only non-adventurer friends all died when a plague hit their city
>Got addicted to magical liquid that literally made her retarded

But then again she's part of the reason that the universe is falling apart and is about to fall from paladinhood by selling the souls of an enemy army to protect her country

I'd say a 70-30 ratio
>>
>>57968780
It's sorta like seeing a prince wandering with a western sword and saying all wayward knights deserve their suffering.
>>
>>57943952
About an 80 on both counts
>>
>>57957091
Yes all storytelling is always just and balanced, just take a look at out oldest fairy tales! Every one is very cheery and not at all about injustice!

And revenge tales that end in tragedy on both sides aren't a thing either, so that can't be it.

Fuck you and your high school lit class, get a grip
>>
File: suffering.jpg (631 KB, 2198x2163)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
2017 attempt, it was abandoned somewhere around this point
>>
File: 1491532991982.jpg (339 KB, 1024x1381)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>57944015
(90, 75)
Was second-in-command during an ill-advised military expedition into a city turbofucked by Old Gods-esque monsters. Was turned into a monster by exposure to that, deals with some constant physical pains as well as the existential "am I still human" kinds. Has a few monstrous tics, which disgust them thoroughly. As to the deserving it, the idea for the attack was theirs, "the only thing I've ever been sure about."
Mellowed out a bit since then, thankfully. Now mostly a historian and healer to the current party.
>>
File: 1516936767586.jpg (138 KB, 1000x1000)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>57981540
>Guilliman that low on deserved
He should at least be in the thirties.
>>
>>57981540
I rememebr it getting further
>>
>>57981656
What did he do? Imperium Secundus was a little shady, but IIRC he created it after being cut off from Terra. Seems reasonable to set up a continuation of the state as a contingency.
>>
>>57981679
Maybe I missed the next part, this is as far as I've seen it.
Though I'm pretty sure we didn't do the full thing.
>>
>>57981738
I remember us getting at least a couple rows and columns done
>>
i'm the OP and i havent even given my characters place on the chart yet

he's like a 75 suffering, 25 deserves
>>
>>57982924
Tell us about him OP, how is he suffering, and why does he/does he not deserve it?
>>
>>57943952
>human guerilla-type fighter
>will torture/kill 4 money & defending home

I wanna say 20 suffering, 50 deserved.
>>
>>57982970
long story, but ill make it short

>family gets killed when hes a toddler by an enraged murderous monk
>monk takes pity, decides to begrudgingly take him
>raises him, but not really as a loving father so much as a cold mentor alongside others older than my char who are apart of a nomadic cult where the monkdude is teaching people how to become a "true weapon" without having to use actual weapons and shit (this murdermonk took over the cult, he's not the main founder)
>turns my char into a battle-ready, emotionally-repressed autist through incredibly strict living and many, many beatings and withdrawal from many things that legit make living a life worth it (dont make friends, dont have relationships, no sex, no sleeping on beds, etc.)
>it's only when my char is 20 that the murdermonk has a sit down with him and says "by the way, youre not my son i just killed your family and informally adopted you but arent you glad i raised you man you're like super tough n strong, almost a real prodigy at this stuff, you wouldve been weak and soft with an actual family, lmao who fucking needs those"
>character externally nods despite initial pang of anguish and shows his gratitude, genuinely believes that this life is for the best
>however after mulling over it a bit more some anger/sadness breaks out of his autistic shell and hes taken back by how he's genuinely moved some by this revelation

cutting to the chase

>he decided to leave the cult by sneaking off into the night to "refine himself" on a pilgrimage of sorts, going to join the local Empire's voluntary forces (basically fodder for the meat grinder, for the most part) to conquer a new and unexplored land to give himself something to do and get his mind off of the whole dead family thing
>he left a note telling them that he'd be back and he's just on a pilgrimage
>murdermonk isn't having it, sent cultists to go hunt him down.
>>
File: 1488705430480.jpg (27 KB, 350x371)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>57983386
I like it. Do you see all this ending well for your character, or is he on more of a downer-ending trajectory?
>>
>>57983438
Still too early to determine, imho, but I think it'll be a pretty bad/bittersweet ending for him if what I THINK will happen, happens. He might survive, but I doubt he'd be well off.
>>
File: the merry murderhobos.png (330 KB, 2199x2163)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
Current party
>>
>>57984150
Tell me about number 3, anon.................
>>
>>57981422
she sounds like a somewhat well-meaning but at the same time fucks-up-a-lot and makes bad decisions type of person
>>
>>57984314
It's the party's secondary That Guy. He goes out of his way to derail campaigns, but since the party's primary That Guy (#3) is basically a cartoonish combination of every That Guy stereotype, he's the one who gets fucked with when the GM gets too annoyed.
>>
>>57943952
x = 20
y = 30

He knows his team is bad, but he loves each and every pokemon in it. Plus, he's aware he is WAAAAY past his prime at 24.
>>
>>57950785
> I have no mouth yet I must scream at X 65 Y 100
Shouldn't have looked.
>>
>>57984865
>a 24 yr old cant be a pokemon trainer

wtf are you on about
>>
>>57943952
Here's one of my players' character's backstory. She plays her pretty well:
>child of a noble merchant family, twin sister, younger brother
>at age 6, theocratic matriarchy discovers character's sister is a sorcerer, takes her away.
>she's also tested for magic, but instead of having an aptitude for magic, she has a natural spell resistance. She's taken to the church for training to be an inquisitor/ sorcerer hunter
>training is supposed to start at age 11 for inquisitors, but she's 6, so she's stuck in a game-equivalent Schola Progenium for 5 years; the only girl there.
>routinely bullied and beaten up by boys for 5 years, endures it and fights back.
>age 11, another girl arrives, boys go to bully her, player's character defends her and accidentally kills boys.
>character is officially enrolled.
>Age 16 is time for "survival of the fittest" test for prospective inquisitors/ hunters, they're dumped in the woods and told to survive for a month.
>she meets a senior hunter on the verge of death that's on the trail of a rogue wizard (all magic is regulated and controlled by the theocracy) and he adopts her as an apprentice.
>literally the only guy that's remotely nice to her, and to be honest he's kind of a dick.
>he sacrifices himself so she can kill the wizard.
>over half of her class died inna woods but she comes back as an apprentice.
>finds out one of her instructors is a wizard cleverly hiding his abilities and kills/ exposes him when he tries to propose marriage.
>character hunts sorcerers and wizards for 10 years of campaigns and is kind of a hardass, likes to boss people around, abrasive, etc
>the theocracy is corrupt and she's just doing her job
>Church tries to laud her with awards, "she's got a job to do"
>I (as the GM) decide to fuck with her and have the church put out a warrant for her arrest; some trumped-up charges of heresy.
(cont)
>>
>>57985972
>Also give her a hook for a personal quest; her goddess wants to give her a reward for years of true devotion, but she's kind of a cunt, so she needs to straighten up and fly straight.
>she goes back to her homeland for the first time since the Church picked her up from her family; finds out her family has been keeping the ashes of a martyred saint and gets a vision from her goddess to go and find other relics from saints.
>she (and the party) go on a quest that takes them across several continents, through all sorts of shit that I throw at them like vampire cults, demons and devils, undead, monsters, such and so forth
>character collects relics and saint's remains and as a bonus the original copy of the churches' holy book; surprise surprise, the modern version is completely different.
>She goes to the not!Vatican and discovers she's charged with heresy, the punishment is of course death.
>She slaps down saint's relics and holy book COME AT ME, BRO style
>church goes wild; they want to kill her but by retrieving saint's relics she's supposed to, according to law, be canonized as a living saint.
>I totally play up that she's going to be killed and then posthumously canonized.
>Also, she finds out her twin sister, sorcerer, has gone rogue. Technically, as the last living hunter (remember, this has taken place in a campaign that's been going for 10 years) it's her responsibility to hunt her own sister down.
>day of execution draws nigh; player is getting antsy because she's invested ten years into this character, (who I have to admit is pretty awesome) and she doesn't want her character killed off.
>last possible moment there's a "THIS IS MY SERVANT IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED" from the Goddess; everyone collectively shits themselves.
>player's character gets the half-celestial template.
She's suffered quite a bit. but the rewards are worth it.
>>
>>57985972
>>57985987
I just realized I cut out a loooooooot of details. Forgive me, though. It's been a 10 year campaign.
>>
>>57943952
50-75

His worst crime is he's a shit father, and any grief he suffers from that is on him, but he's a good person overall.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (186 KB, 598x900)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>57950785
>Samus below Link & Mario
Am I missing something? Did I fall for some kind of ruse here?
>>
>>57959350
If you haven't played planescape: torment, let's just say he fucked up real hard
Like, intentionally fucked up
>>
>guy who constantly ruined game sessions with his neurosis and histrionics finally breaks down and leaves game
>games are finally fun and upbeat
>gm invites his old acquaintance and hes the same thing except nowhere close to mental breakdown yet

i dont know why the gm did that. my suffering is back at 30
>>
For first major character, 0 on suffering, 100 on deserved.
Snuffed out all the lives of a UCAS state and the country of Norway in Shadowrun 4e.
The snuffing out of a UCAS state was the "gotcha" for a super special wish granting that wasn't actually a gotcha because my wording on the clause for my wish was incredibly specific. The Norway thing was just because I felt like it at the time.
>>
S: 85 before campaign, 30 now
D: 10 before campaign, 25 now

Automaton in a steampunk setting. His original owners wanted a bartending robot, and were wealthy idiots, and so commissioned one from high-end automaton engineers. He (thanks to sentience) didn't like mindless work and getting verbally shit on at his owners' parties, they realized their error and tossed him out, replacing him with a robot proper.

Now he tries to keep himself patched together and takes jobs he isn't proud of for cash and petrol.

Rest of the party are eccentric murderhobos, but they're the first humans (and a bird guy) who haven't treated him like total shit, so he hangs around.
>>
File: Suffering.png (891 KB, 2199x2163)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
Which one?
>>
>>57944015
Y: 55
X: 25

He's kind of hardheaded and that's a nono in the kind of game we're playing, but I feel like while the suffering could be worse, it's a little disproportionate to the things he actually did and the flak he got for them.
>>
File: slaa.png (575 KB, 666x666)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
>>57987209

>>minimum 40k Suffering

I Purged
>>
>>57963770
The show is written in a way that makes Shinji look like total fuckup, but whne you thing about it, Shinji is a hero who is doing his best despite the effords of the fuckups around him to make him fail.

This makes total sense, considering he’s self insert of both Anno and Sadamoto.
>>
>>57987879
>trying to do his best
>runs away both physically, emotionally, and metaphorically on multiple occasions cause he's a bitch
>>
>>57955952
I like this.
>>
>>57986005
>10 year campaign

Jesus
>>
File: his suffering.jpg (2.1 MB, 2199x2163)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>57974112
Yes. Here.
>>
>>57957091
Your idea of storytelling is a bit childish - not a bad thing, but implying that its the only way to do good stories or escapism or heroic journeys is retarded.
>>
80 suffering, 30 deserved. I'm the DM but I've been putting off this game for a while cause I'm a perfectionist, and no matter how much my players say they like my setting I always think it's shitty
>>
>>57981540
>Blue isn't suffering.
I know jace just got unbanned but i doubt this is that new.
>>
>>57950807
>Karl Pilkington
>Suffering
He does it to himself.
>>
>>57981540
The emperor dindu nuffin
>>
>>57981540
Magnus needs to be moved way over to the right. Erebus needs to be bottom right
>>
>>57950796
>Palpatine
>deserving 100
/tv/ is only one small step above /v/ at this point
>>
>>57989626
He killed millions.
>>
>>57989673
Palpatine is what the Galaxy needed. If the Galactic Empire wasn't overthrown the Yuuzhan Vong could have been repelled much more easily
>>
>>57989673
To save billions.
>>
>>57948949

Diavolo should be 100/100. At least it's right by making his suffering 100, cuz his "death" is terrible.
>>
>>57981540
>Horus
>Somehow deserving less than big E
Emps should be moved to at least 80 deserved. And with the recent fuckery of WotC it needs to be moved right as well.

I also vote Orks at 0 suffering 50 Deserved.
>>
>>57989695
And even if you disregard EU we haven't seen much in the way of Imperial oppression throughout the movies.

And if you think about it, the Rebels aren't much better. If the Death Stars were anything like a modern vessel, there were probably a shit ton of civilian contractors onboard becasue who else was going to build it? The stormtroopers? The officers? They inflicted a hefty number of civilian causalities. Twice. Three if you count the TotallyNotADeathstar in TFA.
>>
File: forward.jpg (62 KB, 500x1085)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>57944015
>>57943952
My psychopath is a DH Interrogator taht is soly kept in service by his fear of hell.
Suffering: 35 - Had to go through a radioactive wasteland and puked his instintines out. Also lost his arms.
Deserved: 85 - He started a fire on a hab block in which he knew his enemy would hide, ordered the Inquisitorial Storm Troopers to shoot everyone fleeing from the fire.
>>
>>57991063

did he just lose the arm like, it straight up fell off? or was it lost in battle
>>
>>57992075
His hands got crushed by a door.
>>
>>57991063
Compared to the people who get put into the 100 category for Deserved I'd honestly say that's a solid 60 at best not an 85.
>>
>>57992283
They killed children as well.
>>
>>57944015
My current character is dead, but before she died:

100/5

She was a good person. She was tortured to death.
>>
>>57992294
65 then.
>>
File: etruscan torture.jpg (40 KB, 548x251)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>57992433
Hmm, he does also have massive fun torturing people. But his fear that he fails the Emperor keeps him from doing that on everyone. He does that only when you are a hretic but when you are guilty there is no end to your suffering, even your family members aren't extempt from the torture.
He was also a Underhive minor Gang Boss leading his own gang of teen gangbangers.
>>
>>57992609
You're playing a character in a 40k setting. These things are kind of expected to happen.
>>
File: halle2.jpg (495 KB, 1217x1600)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
>>57992701
Ok he is just a 65 then.
>>
>>57992358
There's a story here.

Care to share it?
>>
>>57963111
Anywhere he goes is going to be contentious. The world ended on his word, it absolutely would have happened anyway without him, and no other party interested in controlling it would have backed out like he did.
>>
>>57944015
80/40 suffering/deserved

Boy was just tryin' to live a good life. He didn't ask to be imbued with divine power, and he definitely didn't ask for a dumbfuck party member who'd wander off alone and raise a dead god

He definitely could've done more to stop it initially, so it's at least a little deserved. Anyways now he has to go and train to become strong enough to help take down the newly risen god and that's no fun for anybody.
>>
File: 1518628681063.png (172 KB, 500x624)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
10 Suffering about 35 Deserved
He is a massive asshole on both a personal and meta level and only suffered a few scrapes during the campaign while everyone else takes the brunt of it.
>>
Vzno
>>
>>57996663
what?
>>
>>57974151
He deserved it and so much worse
>>
>>57948949
>tfw Vash, Shinji and Akko are way higher on the "deserved it" scale than they should be
also
>Dio and Jonathan at the same "suffering" level
I mean, only one of them stole the other's body...
>>
>>57958363
that was some impressive character arc your character had, 10/10 would read a full book about this man
>>
>>58000957
Shinji is where he should be and so is cash considering the genocide both unleash with their non-commital cowardice and constant running away from their problems.
>>
>>57971520
In fairness, he was pretty perpetually distant to his students (see the Joyless/Rando ending) even before everything went to shit and he started taking Joy. If you factor in his post-Joy actions (i.e. murdering his way across most of the wasteland, including his own disciple, former friend, father, and teammates, for someone who directly said that she wanted him to give up and go away), I'd put his Deserving way higher. Also, Rando did nothing wrong.
>>
>>57981540
I may have a more complete one saved
>>
Bump
>>
>>57943952
0, 100
Good feels good
>>
another bumperooni
>>
>>58006261
What did your character go through to achieve a perfect 100 in suffering?
>>
>>57950796
>jack
>ever deserving less than living happily with his waifu and dying in his sleep surrounded by dozens of comrades and descendants
>>
>>58012200
>went full emo and let many multiple cities and people die because he turned coward
>deserving of his waifu
You EARN your waifu, anon.
>>
>>57950785
>Pancake Boi deserving to suffer more than Shido, the guy directly responsible for abandoning him and his mother, twisting him into a monster and enlisting him to cause mental shutdowns
Come on now. You can't say the kid deserves to suffer more than the guy responsible for all of his actions does.
>>
File: Protect those smiles.png (303 KB, 2199x2163)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
He may have gotten addicted to heroin and relapsed several times, gotten the shit beat out of him at every opportunity life got, taken to self-destructive behavior after being forced to essentially carry the entire fate of humanity on his shoulders against impossible odds and generally just gotten no breaks.

But he seriously knew how to protect those fucking smiles.
>>
>>57950785
9s did nothing wrong.
>>
30/15.

Overtly ambitious druid that's attempting to bring a conglomerate of opposing forces together to stop a war that has been going on for centuries. Has been surprisingly successful thus far, albeit they tend to have a bit of an ego at times.

Kind of had to eat shit a few times because of it, including having to deal with a fair few curse effects, disappointments, reality checks and at least one demonic branding.

As a bonus, they are severely unattractive, which causes them to sulk, at times.
>>
>>57955952
This one is fucking stupid. Sometimes you wanna play a character whose life is a suffering train they didn't deserve.

Other times you want retribution for your character's horrible actions so they'll learn and you can take your character arc in a different direction.
>>
How much my guy suffered: Born a half-elven bastard of a tavern maid, absent father. Ran away at the age of 12, spent 8 years learning to be a musician while following around a supposed master bard on the road, then got himself saddled with a debt owed to an archdevil when the guy revealed that he'd gained his skill from an infernal bargain, threw him a golden fiddle said devil had given him and told him to run the fuck away. Didn't run immediately enough, saw the archdevil steal his master's soul and realise that he'd taken the Fiddle, then ran the fuck away. Still has nightmares about it. Lost most of the details of his childhood memories as a consequence of devil magic, can no longer remember his mother or his own surname. Spent another four years living alone and doing nothing but running from devils and drowning his sorrow with hookers and alcohol. His suffering levels have reduced greatly since meeting up with the party, especially since he's got a waifu now, but he did kinda get possessed by an evil artefact that made him kill her briefly ("Briefly" as in he then used said artefact to bring her back before rejecting its power), but he is still being followed around by devils to his knowledge, the archdevil keeps showing up in his dreams and poking his brain and he's pretty sure he'll have to abandon the group some day to prevent them getting themselves killed trying to save him from eternal damnation. Also gets beaten up pretty frequently being a PC, though he gives as good as he gets. Around 45.

How much he deserves to suffer: Ultimately a good guy, but he's probably fathered a few bastards that he hasn't claimed, hypocritical given his own background, and he's probably allowed people to be hurt by this archdevil/his servants out of his own cowardice in refusing to pay off the debt he was forced into. (Though, granted, that wasn't really his fault.) He is kinda liberal with killing and mind control, but not when it's not necessary. Overall probably 10-20.
>>
>>58012805
>9S did nothing wrong
>9edgeS did everything right

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.