[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 371Z8iyio.jpg (343 KB, 558x800)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
Metal Juggernaut edition.

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread: >>57936198
>>
>>57955039
Based wow fags

We out here
>>
File: chrontruecosmo.png (10 KB, 597x559)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Here's my theoretical diagram of Warcraft's cosmology, containing the only things that matter, the elements and the dichotomy between the Light and the Void.

Reminder, arcane, fel, life and death aren't cosmic forces of any significance in the setting, they're just byproducts of the Light and the Void. You can tell this by the fact that they're lower-case, unlike the Light and the Void.
>>
File: lord gwyn newspaper.png (88 KB, 300x200)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>57955266
>arcane, fel, life and death aren't cosmic forces of any significance in the setting, they're just byproducts of the Light and the Void
>>
>>57955333
Fuck off, bookfag. Play the fucking game.
>>
File: New chart.jpg (5 KB, 630x630)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>57955266
Reminder that the void is just a derivative of the Light.
>>
>>57955266
But it's all wrong. Without Light being there, Void wouldn't came to be.
>>
>>57955364
But the Void and the Light both existed before the universe started. arcane, fel, life and death are products of the universe created by the Light and the Void.
>>
File: 1518544386068.png (274 KB, 597x559)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
here's my upgraded chart
>>
What exactly is the Forsaken end game? I don't mean Sylvanas, I mean the Forsaken. Do they just generally hate humanity and just watch to kill them for being rejected? If they got rejected dosen't that mean theres living Lordaeronians who still have a claim to the region anyways? Do the Forsaken actually belive they are the kingdom of Lordaeron and sylvanas is their queen?
>>
>>57955557
The Forsaken don't have an end game. The entire faction is an extension of Sylvanas.
>>
>>57955557
Depends on the Forsaken. Some legitimately use "For Lordaeron!" as their battle cry. Some want to exterminate the living. Some just hang out and eat sandwiches, if that's what they're into. Some try to research new forms of necromancy. And Sylvanas is their Queen for now. Some would do anything for her, and some barely give a fuck about her.
>>
>>57955622
So they got no end game? Got it.
>>
File: g2dJvj73u6Bx.jpg (332 KB, 2532x1042)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
Anyone else think blizz should add a Wakanda humans on some lost continent on Azeroth. Would explain the black humans in lore.
>>
>>57955667
Depends on the Forsaken. Some think being undead is fucking awesome. Some absolutely hate it.
>>
File: shitty cosmology.png (46 KB, 1062x1008)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>57955266
I'll throw my shitty hat in the ring.

A few thoughts:
>The Great Dark Beyond is just straight up outer space
>The elements are more than just forces, and are substances that make up much of the matter in the universe. We know this because of alchemy.
>The elemental plane, as far as I can tell, is something unique to Azeroth specifically, though most worlds have elementals
>the Twisting Nether exists alongside the Great Dark, but it's not a 1:1 sort of thing because of how fucked up the Nether is in terms of time and space
>Fel is an energy that hangs out in the most roiling, chaotic bits of the Nether, and is generally unsafe
>the reason Arcane can lead to Fel is that Arcane lets you dick around with physical reality, which can cause some Nether-ish stuff to happen. They're otherwise unrelated sources of power.
>Also, Ley Lines are a thing, so I guess Arcane is something that exists.
>>
>>57955946
Trolls are your blacks.
>>
>>57956100
You're responding to a joke post, but I guess here's how I'd do it.
>Void and Light are purest on the edges of reality, but exist throughout everything else.
>The Dark Beyond and Twisting Nether, represented by Fel and Arcane, are two ways Void and Light can intermingle to form a physical universe.
>Life and Death are born from the effect Light and Void have on these realities.
>Planes like the Shadowlands formed as these powers grew in strength. The Shadowlands coming to exist at about the same time mortal life did. Chronicles leaves the origins of the Emerald Dream vague, but similar planes may exist elsewhere in more primitive fashion. Unmolded by the Titans. Which is why Druids would be able to use their powers on entirely different worlds.
>The Elements represent the physical forces.
>>
>>57955039
How come the human kingdoms are all knights and stuff?

Where's the barbarian tribes of humans and the Roman Empire expy?
>>
>>57955557
>Do the Forsaken actually belive they are the kingdom of Lordaeron
Kingdom of Lordaeron discredited itself and is gone forever. Forsaken, however, believe that they are the legitimate successors to the previous state. It's an Imperial China/PRC type of situation in more ways than one. Although Undercity is much more direct in its reclamation of lost territories.
>sylvanas is their queen
She's more of a saviour figure than an actual monarch. "Banshee Queen" is just a title without much meaning.

>>57955667
Their end game is to gather all of former Lordaeron and then ensure their safety by any means necessary. Well, not entirely - creating undead without free will is the one thing that's completely unacceptable.
>>
>>57956595
'cus the lore isn't deep enough for ambiguity
>>
>>57956595
You'll take your standard fantasy humans and you'll like them.
>>
>>57956595
Because romans are shit and every single setting that uses them is shit.
>>
>>57956595
Because they all evolved from Vikings.
>>
File: ModelBug.jpg (333 KB, 1983x960)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>57956595
>Where's the barbarian tribes of humans
They ceased to exist once the Arathi forced all the others to unite under them, and the Gilnean colonists exterminated the last holdouts of human barbarians on Kul Tiras. They aren't happy about that.
>>
>>57956737
t. Celt
>>
>>57956595
>How come the human kingdoms are all knights and stuff?
You're wrong. That's just Stormwind.
Stromgarde and Alterac were destroyed and there's no way to know what they were like originally.
Gilneas and Kul Tiras are an Anglo-Slavic mixture.
Dalaran has a mixed human/elven culture.
And Lordaeron likely had a bit of a Byzantium thing going, what with all the domes. Now its culture is The Nightmare Before Christmas.
>>
>>57956869
>Anglo-Slavic mixture.
Where's the slavic?
>>
>>57955039
So if Draenei are a Protoss clone, do you think Blizzard will clone something from Diablo into WoW?
>>
>>57956897
Everywhere. Here's one example.
>>
>>57956897
Drustvar looks like a Witcher level.
>>
>>57956595
They were barbarians during ancient times. Warcraft humans are the same as warhammer empire.

>>57955946
Black humans are explained because dark skinned vrykul exist. Asian humans would need some kind of lore justification
>>
>>57957236
You wish. They are primitive Bretonnian shit.
>>
>>57956869
I don't know where you get the Slavic. The first human kingdom was lordaeron so they wouldn't really mirror Byzantium so much as they would have just looked like a !not conan empire.
>>
>>57957050
>implying anyone on 4chan will ever recognize something without squatting or track suits as slavic

>>57957236
Wasn't the weapon skill trainer in Stormwind asian? Although that might just have been a wuxia joke.
>>
>>57957287
How are they bretonnians in any way? During the days of sigmar, the empire was all conan tier barbs. Same with lordaeron when trollbane was king. Then they developed into the medieval/rennaisance euro faction they are today
>>
>>57957310
>on 4chan
*in the West
>>
Anyone know a good Warcraft paint job of pathfinder? I know that sounds silly especially considering the OP has a 5th ed coat in their post but my group does pathfinder and, getting them to play or learn other systems is like pulling teeth.
>>
>>57957050
Architecture seldom has anything to do with culture in warcraft. Night elves have Greek architecture but they aren't really Greek like in culture
>>
>>57957310
There was a Jackie Chan reference for one of the Asian humans but not the other 2. 1 was in Dalarsn.

Weird how the only Asian humans are male, Westerners usually like portraying Asian females more.
>>
>>57957326
They are very much Medieval, like Bretonnia. Empire is Renaissance, late Renaissance at that. There is a cultural gap of several centuries between Empire and Bretonnia.
>>
>>57957310
Random npcs arent the best arguments because blizzard does put a lot of jokes into the game, but maybe Asian humans exist in azeroth somewhere, I just haven't seen any
>>
>>57957375
I'm just saying that aside from the atire of their armies, warcraft humans have more in common with the empire than Bretonnia.
>>
File: 415554.jpg (29 KB, 300x225)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>57957354
>Night elves have Greek architecture
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>57957442
their ruins are distinctly classically greek
>>
>>57957310
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wu_Shen

Here we go, 2 Asians left after the Jackie Chan reference got removed. Shang Kang Cheng has a link in that page.
>>
>>57957442
That's the Korean part of their buildings. Night elves are a mesh of Greek and korean
>>
>>57957432
No? Where are the gunlines, the artillery, the colleges of magic, everything that defines the Empire on tabletop?
>>
File: azshara_1.jpg (167 KB, 403x415)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>57957486
>>57957457
These ruins are not Night Elf, but Highborne. Highborne could have been greek-like for all we know. Azshara certainly looks the part.
>Korean
I didn't know Koreans had Shinto gates (or anything at all distinct from China).
>>
>>57957511
Are you serious...? Have you not see all the gun powder weapons that stormwind uses? They have steam tanks and gyro copters for christ sake. Dwarves made all their powder weapons sure, but they use them In the army 100%. And the kirin tor are their battle mages, mixed in with elves yes but once again used in the stormwind army.

Stormwind doesn't have royal knights or trebuchets or worship any ladies of any lakes
>>
>>57956595
>and the Roman Empire expy?
Gorian Empire.
>>
>>57957624
Yet the only thing of those they use in the battle of lordaeron are some dwarven gunners.
>>
>>57957583
The night elves existed during the highborne days. You can see their ancient kingdom in Val Sharah, and their moon temples have always looked Greek. But on that note yea it's just their religious places that had that aesthetic. The moon temples and priests all wear Greek robes and sandals etc and have the big white Collums. Their cities definitely have an Asian look. I said Korean because they eat Korean food and wear those Nan boc things or whatever you call them (the robes of normal citizens with the triangle pointy shoulders for men). Of course it could just be a hodge podge of lots of stuff if we really nit picked.

Elune is basically Artemis with less focus on the hunting part
>>
>>57957683
What? Did you not see the giant steam powered siege towers? Even orcs have tanks and catapults in game....like have you not seen the flying fortresses the alliance use? They have steam powered everything and the kirin tor are their "college of battle mages". Stormwind amd Bretonnia have pretty much nothing in common
>>
>>57957624
>Have you not see all the gun powder weapons that stormwind uses?
WoW addition - only dwarves had guns in WCIII. Gun is not a human weapon.
>They have steam tanks and gyro copters
Khaz Modan invented and made
>and this person tried arguing with me about the lore

>Dwarves made all their powder weapons sure
The Empire produced and invented all that it fields.
>the kirin tor are their battle mages
Wrong. The Kirin Tor is a neutral faction that lends them their service.
>Stormwind doesn't have royal knights
Oh yes it does, newfag.
>worship any ladies of any lakes
They are primitive medieval pumpkin gobbling peasants - just like Bretonnia.
>>
>>57957759
>Even orcs have tanks and catapults in game
Explicitly described as Goblin tech. I don't see any orcs claiming high technology because they bought a Goblin zeppelin.
>>
File: Gelbin_Wei.jpg (17 KB, 331x249)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>57957759
stop appropriating my culture
>>
>>57957766
You are absolutely delusional. Humans use everything that dwarves and elves made for them. They are a steam powered !not empire faction.

And the kirin tor served the humans looooong before the alliance even existed. They are not neutral, they do what khadgar tells them to do, and he happens to be neutral.

Stormwind peasants are well fed and not shit on by any royalty. And obviously they have knights/cavalry but so does the empire you faggot. And didnt warhammer dwarves teach the empire how to make all their guns and cannons too originally?
>>
>>57957817
Orcs had catapults in Warcraft 1 my man
>>
>>57957817
Oh ok, so you're that level of retarded then. I guess football isn't an American sport since canadians played it first then.

I guess the japs don't get credit for any cars they've made since the first cars weren't Japanese
>>
>>57957854
>Humans use everything that dwarves and elves made for them
Which makes them the equivalent of Zulus with British guns.
>They are a steam powered !not empire faction.
Shit like this makes me question if you've ever seen the game. No it's not. It's a primitive medieval backwater that has superpowers because plot demands it.
> kirin tor served the humans looooong before the alliance even existed.
Kirin Tor served no one. It's an independent nation that used to be a member of the Alliance.
>They are not neutral, they do what khadgar tells them to do
What shock, they follow their leader instead of some foreign king! Treason!
>Stormwind peasants are well fed and not shit on by any royalty
Westfall. Duskwood. I'd rather live in Durotar.
>didnt warhammer dwarves teach the empire how to make all their guns and cannons too originally
Their involvement ended there, Stormwind still relies on Khaz Modan for things more complex than a stick.
>>
>>57958080
How many times do you need to get btfo before you stop posting?
>>
File: 1457749006943.jpg (63 KB, 700x509)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>57958080
>Westfall
It IS pretty dumb how Westfall was in an even shittier state in Cataclysm than it was in vanilla. Because LOL HOBO JOKES.
>>
>>57958112
I haven't been once. Humans are a shit race and the most primitive member of the Alliance by far. And judging by you, dumb as dirt.

>>57958145
It's just that the king of Stormwind is an incompetent moron who doesn't control his core territories, but still wages wars.
>>
File: 447739.jpg (24 KB, 169x300)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>57958219
you sound like an asshurt nelf
>>
File: 1516736301442.jpg (1.36 MB, 1508x1200)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>57958219
>It's just that the king of Stormwind is an incompetent moron who doesn't control his core territories, but still wages wars.
Well yeah, that's the conclusion you have to make in-universe for it to make sense. But considering how hard they tried to shill Varian's intelligence, we all know the real reason is that the Cataclysm writing team was just catastrophically shit.
>>
>>57958219
>>57958340
The kingdom was plunged into turmoil because of Arthas...then further fucked over by Onyxia...only ten years had passed since then so varian actually did a hell of a job getting them to bounce back.
>>
File: 703814.jpg (434 KB, 3603x950)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
The Orc Clans mount is called a Mag'har Dire Wolf, so it seems we might not be getting impostor Hellscream.
>>
>>57958382
Arthas has never been to Stormwind...
>>
>>57958630
But what about a new zone in Gorgrond?
>>
>>57958786
Well, then fuck it. We're getting shithead Hellscream's Iron Horde, but rebranded as Mag'har. Or we're getting Mag'har. Either or.
>>
File: 703810.jpg (431 KB, 3603x950)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>57958630
I'm more interested in Kul Tiran harvest golems. Is it Defias again or just goblins?
>>
>>57958842
Defias is dead, Jim.
>>
File: 1369694367799.jpg (36 KB, 300x300)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>57958842
You think the current writers even remember that the Defias were responsible for those?
>>
>>57958630
>Jorin Deadeye will be back to show his utter bafflement that Garrosh was made Warchief of the Horde
>>57958842
Maybe for a change they will be actually harvesting.
>>
>>57958762
I remember Arthas once held baby Anduin and commented how he'd hope the baby became a strong warrior.

He might've done this somewhere else though, not in Stormwind maybe.
>>
>>57958842
I don't think they're Kul'tiras specific - Blizard's doing a big sweep of model updates for a lot of different enemies from vanilla for BFA.
>>
>>57959257
He has never been there as a death knight. He was a friend of Varian Wrynn.

>>57959103
Harvest golems were never intended for harvesting in the first place.
>>
>>57959411
That's definitely a Kul Tiran golem - note the steering wheel where the original had picket fence.
>>
>>57959473
It's possible, but MMO-Champion's showing at least five different types of golems now. Blizzard could just be putting in the extra effort to differentiate them for once.
>>
>>57958762
I meant the kingdom of men but yes he never went south. Basically varian inherited a broken kingdom that had been through 2 major wars over 20 years and had lost all ties with its northern brethren when Arthas destroyed lordaeron. Then Onyxia usurped the throne and probably was behind varians wife dying too. Basically once varian came back from being mind controlled he turned stormwind into the biggest miltary powerhouse in the eastern kingdoms. And this was over what, 5-10 years? He was an amazing king.
>>
>>57959444
Yeah but he was technically there.
>>
>>57959552
The point was that his gay romp with Kel'Thuzad in Lordaeron had zero effect on Stormwind.
>>
>>57956960
What do you propose?
>>
File: treasureDemon.jpg (737 KB, 1680x1957)
737 KB
737 KB JPG
>>57956960
They were gonna straight-up port the loot goblins from Diablo over and then ended up reskinning them as Wyrmtongue demons. Outside of that, Legion was Blizzard trying to see how many mechanics they could port over from Diablo at once while still keeping it recognizably WoW.
>>
>>57959103
God I fucking hate how Blizzard can't remember all the balls they have in the air, or at least don't explain jackshit about what the fuck is going on elsewhere with other characters while the main plot is going down. Like, I want to know what the fuck is going on with A'dal and friends in Shattrath while we are fighting on Argus. What the fuck were the Mag'har on Outland doing while Garrosh got his murder on? It's like whenever they do a new expansion, they hit the pause button on the previous one and it just stays frozen in time until they decide it's relevant again, which causes all sorts of retarded shit like "Wait, what were you doing for the past 3 years while all this stuff was going down?" Because apparently the timeline just jumped ahead without them.
>>
>>57960717
Wrong. Lich King.
>>
>>57957297
Between the architecture and climate from the cinematics, Lordaeron looks near-eastern.
It's a damn shame that once the game actually starts it's just standard medieval Germanic stuff.
>>
>>57959082
They were in the warcraft movie dude lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dshMpNtjD8Q
>>
Tirion was the strongest light wielder in canon right?

and Light pretty much counters all magic besides Void magic.

How was he able to be defeated by Guldan?
>>
>>57961211
No.

No.

Writer fiat.
>>
>>57961211
He only succeeded during the battle against Arthas due to his personal investment in the battle against the Scourge. He lacked this against the Legion. Although he was still a formidable paladin, he's officially second in power to the order leader.
>>
>>57961211

Archenon poros, Tirion-san.
>>
>>57961314
wish we could get a paladin focused book in warcraft so we could get more details on how paladins work and so on. The coming book that starts up the faction war really has no interest for me...
>>
>>57961354
>>
>>57961354
We've already gotten most of the information we need on that. Put simply, the Light seems to be acquired by standard paladins through strength of belief, coupled with powerful emotions that align with the morals of the Light.
>>
>>57957079
And that has everything to do with stealing some visuals from other games, not in being distinctly Slavic. Green skinned witches with big noses? That's the common stereotype. Those Wicker Men you think are Leshy? They're called Wicker Men.

And the Drust? "Drust" is a Pictish variant of a Celtic word meaning "riot" or "tumult", a name common to many of the kings of the Picts. Look at the Drust ruins, and they're fucking Picts.

That's what the Drust are. Not Slavs. They're Picts. Even the blue color and painted skin in the Drust concept art? That comes from Picts.
>>
>>57955557
Forsaken are the epitome of that dejected phrase the broken use "We... Survive..." most of them keep going because being dead is scarier to them. Especially Sylvanas. A lot of forsaken still have their moral compass though, so they don't wish their own torment on others, so while they wanna live, they don't want others to live like they do.
>>
>>57961479
By "standard," you mean humans, dwarves and draenei. Blood elves get their Light from the Sunwell, and tauren have an entirely separate set of lore for their own paladin-equivalent.
>>
File: pict-wrong.jpg (38 KB, 440x311)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>57961486
Picts! The blue skin was a stereotype the Romans had of Britons in general. It's not a Slav thing at all.
>>
>>57961542
ancient European pagans all had the same culture and had the same gods just with slightly different names.
>>
>>57961515
By standard, I mean vanilla. I'm not sure if Draenei acquire the Light through the same methods as Human and Dwarf paladins. At the same time, the Sin'dorei are now closer to the Light than they were previously and their blood knights are pretty close to being genuine paladins. You're spot on with the Tauren though, as they're not connected to the Light at all and they're just plate-wearing sun druids. Perhaps the philosophy of An'she is that of the Light, meaning that the Tauren unknowingly wield the Light, but that's speculation.
>>
>>57961628
The tauren equate An'she the sun with the virtue of hope. To be a Sunwalker is to be literally a champion of hope.
>>
>>57961573
Their race is literally named after Pict kings and they're painted to look like ancient Britons. Their fucking stones look Pictish, and their lore evokes Fomorians. They're clearly based on British pagans in particular, with borrowings from anything else that'd look neat.
>>
"Honor means nothing to a corpse, Saurfang. You have the luxury of underestimating death, but it is something with which I am intimately familiar. Maybe you don't care if your people die so long as it is honorable, but to me, this Horde is worth saving. Anyone who disagrees does not deserve to stand among us.
So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more. Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son."

LOL holy shit, Saurfang just BTFO over muh honour vs winning?

Also it turns out in BFA the Alliance are losing the fight in the Undercity, half their numbers are wiped out by the Horde and the Blight until the Void Elves show up to save the day.

"The Alliance is on their last legs, champions! Our tactics have wiped out more than half of their soldiers!
They cannot press their assault forever. Stay strong!
Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken! Do not back down, heroes!"

"The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless..."
>>
>>57956606
>"Banshee Queen" is just a title without much meaning.
then again, the forsaken did establish a kingdom, so while the human kingdoms remaining don't recognise it, sylvanas is a legitimate queen
>>
>>57961751
>"The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless..."
How? How are there endless Void Elves?
>>
>>57960768
I think it was supposed to be victorian, man.
>>
>Honor means nothing to a corpse, Saurfang. You have the luxury of underestimating death, but it is something with which I am intimately familiar. Maybe you don't care if your people die so long as it is honorable, but to me, this Horde is worth saving. Anyone who disagrees does not deserve to stand among us. So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more. Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281843/battle-for-azeroth-26032-broadcast-text-spoilers-teldrassil-and-lordaeron

Sylvanas giving Saurfang some redpills?
>>
>>57961653
And the three virtues of the Light in accordance with the Light as worshiped by the pre-Draenei Alliance are Respect, Tenacity and Compassion. Not all that different from the concept of Hope.

Honestly, it does seem likely to me that the sunwalkers are genuine Light-wielders without really knowing it.
>>
>>57961751
>Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more.
Isn't this a tacit admission that she's mind controlling the new undead she's raising? The one supposed massive no-no for the Forsaken?
>>
>>57961211
He tried to take on an entire army by himself at the age of 60+? Badass or not he isn't invincible
>>
>>57961784
Well considering inquisitor alleria and her chapter master husband turalyon have been crusading through the galaxy for a thousand years, maybe she pulled some warp shit and pulled an army out of the void
>>
>>57961937
Time works differently on their Void rock, and Elves are nearly immortal. So they've just been having an endless orgy out there. A thousand years pass, yet it's only a year or so on Azeroth.
>>
>>57961887
it could be emotive language in the heat of the moment, or a tacit admission of guilt, either way she showed her thoughts on how important free will was to her when she tried to mind control eyir
>>
>>57961974
I guess there's not much else to do except train. There's a good question though, what do they do for food?
>>
File: goldenface.jpg (365 KB, 1111x597)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>57961751
Holy shit I like Sylvanas now
#mywarchief
>>
>>57961887

No.
>>
>>57961768
It's not a kingdom, it's just a state.
>>
>>57962002
They eat the babies that come out deformed.
>>
>>57962042

Source.
>>
File: brutality just right.png (168 KB, 555x549)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>57962047
>>
>>57961887
You're reading too much into it.
>>
>>57962048
You made a claim, you show me your source.
>>
File: 1478892409294.jpg (110 KB, 1024x1208)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>57961984
Well, she did start her rebellion by mind controlling various schmucks around Lordaeron to be her meat shields. However, those were all living creatures. The Forsaken have a twisted, broken sense of morality, but not controlling other undead like necromancers do has always been their one unbreakable rule. To the point where the writers have had to scramble for some really stupid explanations for stuff like the battle for Andorhal.
>>
>>57962072

Not the person you're talking to, I'm just asking you for a source it's not a kingdom.

I'll also go ahead and ask you to cite how she is not a queen.
>>
>>57962030

That feel when Sylvanas is the warchief we need, but not the one we deserve.
>>
>>57962106
If you're not the person I'm talking to, feel free to fuck off to butt into someone else's conversation.

how about the fact that "forsaken kingdom" is not a thing that's ever mentioned by anyone
>>
>>57962119

>feel free to fuck off to butt into someone else's conversation.

No, lol. If you are unable to actually cite anything and more worried about others also questioning your logic then you're full of shit / don't actually have any argument.

Either provide sources or stop making up headcanon.
>>
>>57961984
Technically, she just tried to enslave her, mind control was never mentioned.
>>
>>57960768
I don't fucking see what would make it near eastern. It looked mediterranean at best in WC3, and more like "Germanic but we also wanted cool pure white stuff".
>>
>>57962180
No you retard, you butted into the conversation, and the burden of proof is now reversed because of that? Double fuck off, I hate fags like you.
>>
>>57962203

>Moans about Sylvanas not being a queen and the Forsaken not owning a kingdom
>When asked for a source can't provide anything
>Complains other people reply to him on a internet board filled with more than himself and x1 other user

Literally the mongoloid apeman response.

If you can't be bothered to cite the farts out of your mouth then don't bother trying to argue.
>>
File: 1513555713174.jpg (109 KB, 588x823)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>57962231
>>
File: 8d6.jpg (41 KB, 645x729)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>57962261
>>
>>57962261
>>57962312
Girls, girls, you're BOTH autistic.
>>
>>57962184
the difference isn't really relevant in terms of free will though is it
>>
>>57961800
>>57962198
The minarets and domes mostly. Plus the Mediterranean climate.
>>
Are the climates, biomes and geography of present day Azeroth similar to how they were before the Sundering, besides the obvious?
>>
>>57955039
Either im fucking retarded or some stuff isn't fully explained in the 5e conversion.
Is spell selection limited to the included spell list? I'm assuming it is not because a bunch of subclasses get regular dnd spells.
The mana chapter mentions Arcane Recovery, but there's nothing called that in the document. Assuming that it means the 3turn mana recovery abilities that casters have you can use that every hour to regain 4+your level mana and never bother with the natural mana regen that comes with time because that's only your prof mod every hour.
The feats don't sound like feats in the dnd sense and more like mechanics that some classes use.
>>
>>57962364
The Forsaken are specifically against mind control as practised by necromancers, their attitude on slavery is unknown.
>>
>>57959533
Technically, Onyxia WAS behind Tiffin's dead, but only as far as the whole thing about not paying Stonemasons was her fault.
>>
>>57962677
surely slavery would be worse, as they'd be experiencing the pain, whereas with mind control they aren't even a part of it.
>>
>>57962452
Only there because they're flashy. Perfectly integrated into the fairy tale european castle theme. Would you say Disney Castle is middle eastener?

Also Lordaeron winter is too cold and snowy to call it Mediterranean.
>>
>>57962761
It's not about better or worst
>>
>>57962677
Personally I wish they'd kept the whole mind control shtick as a faction, mostly because it's my fetish.

But seriously, it would be way more interesting than "lol just pour blight on it".
>>
>>57961751
>Sylvannas being a villanious rotten cunt
No suprises here.

>The invasion of Undercity is pushed back
More Horde-service, see above.

>Void Elves clamping down on the Horde
Did...
Did Blizzard just did that because the awful reception VE got, and now they are chiding the playerbase for the 'lack of vision'?
>>
>>57962829
>Sylvannas being a villanious rotten cunt
Actually she comes across as sympathetic in this monologue, and I'm not usually her fan.
>>
>>57962829
>the awful reception VE got
Umm, when was the last time you took a walk in Stormwind
>>
>Blight throwers, you're our front line! You will create a line of blight between us and the army!
>Lor'themar, I want you to command our rangers from the flank! Position them on the rooftops!
>The pleasure is mine, Dark Lord.
So, Nathanos is the Dark Lord now? Does that mean Sylvanas finally put a ring on it?
>>
>>57962936
>Umm, when was the last time you took a walk in Stormwind
About 3 years ago.
I didn't play Legion, couldn't stomach WoW's fluff anymore.

But from what I saw on the forums and here, they are the least liked allied race.
>>
>>57963141
They are as popular as Nightborne
>>
>>57963081
I think he was being sarcastic.
>>
>>57963081
is this from the beta? or are all these quests in game now?
>>
>>57963408
Alpha.
>>57963303
So, do they call it the One Ring? The Ring of Power?
>>
>>57963156
And are nightborne popular?
>>
>>57963141
The WoW forums and 4chan are the worst places you could ever go to gauge public opinion. The vocal minority is pissed about Void Elves - the actual majority of people who do like them are too busy playing them to complain.
>>
People saying Void Elfs aren't popular......

do you guys even play Alliance? I just pugged a normal antorus and void elves were around 20% of the raid. People aren't even rolling them for racials too since I saw void elf rogues and warriors.
>>
>>57962002

Their spirit's so high that they can just sit there and regen.
>>
>>57963627
>>57963638
And Kul’tiras looked so good. Oh well, gonna skip BfA if it’s all void elves and lolSylvanasWins shenanigans.
>>
Can the Dark Iron mole machines take you to anywhere in the world?
>>
>>57963599
Yes
>>
>>57963664
you're kinda ridiculous tbqh
>>
File: 1492790327885.png (652 KB, 714x1000)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
>>57963664
whatever will we do without you?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_021318_182809.jpg (1.88 MB, 1920x1017)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
>>57963664
I'm playing a Void Elf it isn't that bad actually.
>>
>>57962799
Disney is clearly Germanic though, in a way cinematic Lordaeron is not.
And I said near eastern, not middle eastern.
>>
>>57963729

Good coloring.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_021318_183340.jpg (848 KB, 1920x1017)
848 KB
848 KB JPG
>>57963756
yea they look good underwater
>>
>>57963729
That’s photoshop, right?
>>
>>57963809
nope in game screen shot.
>>
>>57962799
>>57963739
The "Disney castle" is Cinderella's castle, which I'm pretty sure is Germanic.
>>
>>57963800

Whoa.
>>
>>57963813
Christ that coloring looks bad compared to the promo shots.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_021318_183823.jpg (1.77 MB, 1920x1017)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>57963833
I just noticed im playing on the lowest graphics settings. Here their void form though.
>>
>>57963856
It’s probably (hopefully) just a low graphics thing, cause it looks pretty trash compared to the Nightborne.
>>
>Honor is stupid, Saurfang
>Now watch me be dishonorable as hell and lose every fucking battle despite that

is sylvanas retarded on purpose? the only battle the Blight won her was Hillsbrad, she's got her ass handed to her since then
>>
>>57964228
I made a post yesterday saying that he would be at Anduin side and help bring the Mag'har into the Alliance instead of escaping with the rest of the horde. People were calling me a fan boy and delusional for even thinking that could happen.
>>
>>57963675
In theory, yes. Not in game mechanics. Though you can take one from Alliance garrison in Shadowmoon to Gorgrond, and IIRC, there was one inter-continental between Kalimdor and... uh, some dungeon in Cataclysm.
>>
BC - races
LK - class
Cata - races
MoP - race and class
WoD - neither
Legion - Class
BfA - races

What's next?
>>
File: nko0qik1dkrx.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>57964511
Void Based Melee class like the new one from FF14

Problem is the horde has no race that studies the Void. Maybe they can give it to blood elves and save on animations?
>>
File: Sicco_Thermaplugg_HS.jpg (243 KB, 840x1200)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>57964511
Tinker class where you get to pilot a customizable mech.
>>
>>57964634
>Problem is the horde has no race that studies the Void.
Forsaken.
>>
File: tcg-series7-036-full.jpg (233 KB, 1445x1200)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>57964770
To reinforce this further.
Forsaken.
>>
File: tcg-series2-121-full.jpg (726 KB, 1491x1200)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
>>57964927
I mean, it's not like Void lore is a derivative of the Shadow Priest lore they made for the Forsaken, or that their NPCs literally reference the Void in their "Embrace the Shadow" quote.
>>
>>57965237
Ion said in a dev interview that Shadow and Void are diffrent.
>>
>>57965266
They're literally listed in Chronicles as the exact same thing, so I'm going to need a source on that.
>>
>>57965287
Oh, not to mention that the Arakkoa, Shadow Priests, and literally everyone uses them as synonyms. The only time they weren't used as synonyms was when there was a blurb in the magazine about the Cult of Forgotten Shadow using the term "Shadow" to refer to reality as a blend of Light and Void.
>>
>>57965287
Initially the team had colors like pink and purple involved in the void. The effect, dungeon, prop, character, and other teams all sat down together to decide how to differentiate what it means to be Void from what it means to be Shadow.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=5
>>
File: WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg (720 KB, 1350x1800)
720 KB
720 KB JPG
>>57965356
That's the art team being retarded. Chronicles literally lists them as the same force. They have always been treated as the same force. Shadow is, in fact, presented as the primary name for the force opposite the Light. Void wielders have never distinguished between them, and if there's a difference it's the same difference between "Holy" and "Light".
>>
>>57963739
>And I said near eastern, not middle eastern
Allmost the same and perfectly interchangable if you don't specify. Look it up.
>>
>>57965491
If I were try to bullshit a difference between their usage, I'd point to the difference between Shadowform and Voidform. The only difference is intensity. If you're studying Shadow, you're studying the exact same kind of magic as the Void. Just maybe not shoving your cock into a blackhole to do it.
>>
>>57965491

That image disagrees with you as it separates Shadow and Shadow(Void) into distinct layers.
>>
>>57965861
As different layers of the exact same fundamental force, and making it clear that all of it can be called "Shadow".
>>
>>57965889

Electromagnetism is all the same fundamental force, but distinctions can be made about the various expressions of it.
>>
>>57965491
There is a subtle difference between shadow magic and the Void. Namely, that people didn't realize that it was the magic of the Void or that the Void was even a significant thing until very recently. It's similar to the difference between typical users of the Light and the Army of the Light. On one hand, you've got paladins who wield divine powers against foes that they wish to smite. It's an esoteric, mysterious form of magic. On the other, you've got weaponized Light in the form of cannons, spaceships and other such things. It's an energy that they live, breathe and understand intimately. In a similar fashion, there's a lot of difference between a shadow priest that taps into their darker depths of their psyche and draws the power of the shadow from it, and a void elf that goes straight to the true source, the big V, and immerses themselves in it completely.

More accurately though, it's likely done in order to make void elves feel distinct and separate from shadow priests, so they don't just end up feeling like "shadow priest elves," or so that shadow priests don't end up feeling like "discount void elves."
>>
>>57957349
I made a few Pathfinder conversions of the various playable races, if that helps.
>>
>>57966081
True, but the chart makes it clear that Shadow is a term that applies to the Void as well. That's why it's "Shadow(Void)".
>>57966121
But Shadow Priests use plenty of abilities labeled as "Void" already. In your argument, I suppose you could say that "Shadow" typically refers to the dark energies intermingled naturally with and omnipresent throughout physical reality, and "Void" refers to the shit at the edges of reality, but it's the same kind of power in the end.
>Namely, that people didn't realize that it was the magic of the Void or that the Void was even a significant thing until very recently.
Also, I must dispute this point. Natalie Seline's book is titled, Secrets of the Void, and that's basically the foundational material for the Cult of Forgotten Shadow. They knew what the Void was.
>>
>>57966241
If only because she had a knife whispering to her. And then she got got, leading to what was left of the Cult of Forgotten Shadow not really knowing much of the Void and possibly just thinking of it in terms of shadow magic.
>>
>>57966290
Shadow Priests literally use Void magic. They're called wielders of Void magic. They've had Void tendrils since Cataclysm. We've known about the Void, under the name Void, since TBC. The Void is not a recent discovery in the lore. The lore characters don't all express confusion at what it is. Void Priest is practically used interchangeably with Shadow Priest.

In the lore, Shadow Priests know full damned well what the Void is, and always have.
>>
>>57966381
Or in short, is it even possible to describe the Void and Shadow in terms that draw a real distinction between the two? The Shadow is the force opposite to the Light, omnipresent throughout physical reality and forming half of its composition in balance with its opposite. In short, the Shadow is the Void.

Shadow Priest lore directly describes them as wielders of Void magic. Shadow Priests are depicted studying the Void and receiving visions from it. There is no real distinction between shadow and void, except maybe culture and perspective.
>>
>>57966470
Culture and perspective is a pretty big deal, though. That's what separates your armored knight that wields the divine power of the Light from a Lightforged Draenei capable of calling down Light-powered orbital bombardment.
>>
>>57966587
Well, Lightforged are literally infused with enormous amounts of Light, and it's still all Light. Saying you can't make a melee Void class playable for the Horde, because no Horde race studies Void, is blatantly retarded. Forsaken might not be guzzling Void in the same manner as the Void Elves, but they study it.

Lightslayers actually exist ingame, so they're apparently still canon. Meaning it makes perfect sense that Forsaken are sufficiently learned in the Void to have a Void-based melee class.
>>
What if I told you that Void Elves are being pushed as the new flag ship face of Warcraft because of its uniqueness in the franchise that seperates it from Tolkien/Warhammer/Skyrim etc? Blizzard already has a couple books, hearthstone expansions, new heroes all set up and ready to push the Void Elves and The Alliance as the new face of Warcraft. Ever since Sargeras was defeated blizzard has been looking for a new arc to hype up people to the story and they have big plans for the Void Elves over all. Anduin/Void Elves/Alleria/Velen/Saurfang are gonna set the ground work to introduce the new villains of Warcraft and set the story for years to come sort of like how Illidan did in the Frozen throne. Yea Saurfang and his brown orcs are gonna be working with Anduin.....Sylvanas right now is just being used as a minor sub plot as they build a grander thing for the future.
>>
>>57967461
I'd say that's a terrible idea, and if they're betting on the Alliance being what makes them sand out from Tolkien-based shit, that's only a sign of how far they've managed to fuck what they made with the Horde in Warcraft 3.
>>
>>57967527
And to add to this, if Saurfang brings brown orcs to the Alliance, then I'm just going to see that as an opportunity to finally kill the false Hellscream. Hell, maybe Thrall can do it after he stops being such a fucking pussy.
>>
>>57961751
Did they really ruin Saurfang to make Sylvanas look good?
>>
>>57967461
It sounds awful, which means blizzard will definitely do it. I wish wow would just die at this point so they could reset it and go back to something a bit more classic
>>
>>57967461
>Blizzard runs their setting into the ground and their stockholm syndrome audience eats it up
Whoa.
>>
>>57968857
someone should take this to the map-making threads and have autists there determine how the climate should be and if the rivers are realistic enough
>>
>>57968869
>tbc is still one of the most fondly remembered expansions
>player population peaked in cata
checks out
>>
Why is it OK for Raynor to kill colonists infested with Zerg spores but not OK for Arthas to kill citizens infected with time-delayed undeath?
>>
>>57968857
>I wish wow would just die
I wish Santa hit me with his magic staff and I became shredded
>>
>>57968900

You can choose to not kill them (And if you do, a successful cure gets made). So really, the moral choice was for Raynor to not kill them.
>>
>>57968987
I loved how if you side with Nova, New folsom is full of ebil mass murderers, but if you side with tosh they are just political prisoners.

>>57968900
Because blizzard makes plot via a group of fanboys who basically go nuts with their fanfiction.
>>
>>57968900
It really isnt. Killing the colonists is darkest timeline bro
>>
>>57968497
How is that ruined?

>>57961784
>>57961937
>>57961974
I'm guessing they summon a fuckton of Voidwalkers/tentacles or whatever.
>>
Y'know, if Blizzard hadn't made up the Druids of the Pack as a retcon of the original "Aliens from another world under attack by the Legion at the same time as the WotA" we coulda had "Original Nonhuman Worgen" to make the Army of the Light a LITTLE less boring.
>>
File: 1512433495109.png (211 KB, 728x515)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
I understand it is too similar to Diablo, but I really miss the whole demon-ish archetype Fel and the Burning Legion had before it all became ayylmaos with the Titans.

Also, does anyone have more Metzen drawings like this? I'm collecting them.
>>
>>57969179
It's clear that he starts whining about muh honour in the middle of a critical battle that will determine the future of the Horde, and Sylvanas has to put him in his place. Then he possibly defects to the Alliance because she hurt his feefees.
>>
>>57969245
They could have put literally any Legion race in there, but they declined.
>>
>>57969411
>uncorrupted Sayaad, Mo'arg, and imps chilling with the Lightforged

It really was a missed opportunity. The Lightforged Nathrezim is the only one I remember.
>>
>>57969245
>>57969411
>we will never live in the universe where Blizzard put any effort into the AotL and we get holy Apexis, Aldrachi, or more uncorrupted demons
>>
>>57961354
This >>57961394
And Tides of Darkness, which introduces Paladins.
>>
>>57961486
>Antlers
>Bear claws
>Bear/Gnoll pelt
They are Pictish version of Wendol from The 13th Warrior on this pic
>>
>>57969776
>None of the cool Demons that would have been good player races will become purified like the Orcs following Sargeras and Kil'Jaeden's death
Mo'arg could have been cool damnit.
>>
>>57961486
I'm Scottish and these cunts don't look Pictish to me at all, more like generic cavemen
>>
>>57962552
I would say that some parts of biome didn't changed, besides southern Kalimdor, that didn't used to be a desert, but a jungle.
>>
>>57969903
it got turned into a desert by the Tol'vir, before the Sundering
>>
File: Tinker.gif (59 KB, 133x110)
59 KB
59 KB GIF
>>57964755
Also, it's mail wearing class.
>>
>>57956869
Where do people come up with this shit?
Alterac and Stromgarde were in Warcraft 2. We played as the Lordaeronians in Warcraft 3. They're all exactly the same. You can visit the fallen kingdoms in WoW and they're culturally identical to Stormwind. Also, Gilnean and Kul Tiras aren't even remotely slavic inspired.
>>
>>57959672
>The point was that his gay romp with Kel'Thuzad in Lordaeron had zero effect on Stormwind.

Except that's not true because Stormwind was flooded with refugees and stricken with massive poverty.
Varian's wife died because a rioter threw a rock at her head.
>>
File: Death_Knight.png (34 KB, 497x562)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>57969373
I found almost everything in
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft:_Orcs_%26_Humans_manual
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_II:_Tides_of_Darkness_manual
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_II:_Beyond_the_Dark_Portal_manual
Also, it's time to put DEATH back in Death Knight.
>>
>>57957766
>has a standing army
>burgeoning middle class
>power centralised towards the king and away from the nobility
>knight is a military rank attainable to anyone with the right skills regardless of noble birth
>towns and fiefdoms have elected mayors and lowbrow bureaucrats instead of feudal lords
Bretonnia how, you cretin?
>>
>>57969903
>>57969915
Exactly.
Anyway, Troll lands were probably the same they are now, maybe with larger forests.
Duskwood used to be known as Brightwood though. It got changed by fel energies released when Medivh died.
>>
File: 1518611075092.jpg (985 KB, 1719x1146)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
>>57970046
explain this wowbabs
>>
File: 4ae.jpg (68 KB, 599x449)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>57969965
>Alterac and Stromgarde were in Warcraft 2. We played as the Lordaeronians in Warcraft 3. They're all exactly the same.
Oh I don't know, could it be because there was no way to represent the different human cultures in the strategy games, you utter brainlet?
>>
>>57970111
>no way
Literally the dumbest thing I've read all week.
Sure, the game developers making the game had absolutely no means by which to represent the game's lore to the player visually. That's why the Human and Orc factions had identical units, right? They only had stock assets, they couldn't make their own.
>>
>>57970101
Eastern parts of Eastern Kingdoms are not in the hands of humans and elves, so they couldn't start there, as they lack infrastructure to get ships from there to Kalimdor.
And maybe because Medivh, who was perfectly aware how world looks like, found it more amusing if they will have to sail next to The Maelstrom.
>>
>>57970023
>has to rely on a mercenary to solve every crisis
>most of the population are miserable starving peasants
>the nobles have so much power that they left the Stonemasons Guild entirely without payment for their work and the peasants suffered for their decision
>no information on how knighthood is received, probably involves a lot of greasing hands and connections
>towns and fiefdoms are completely detached from the king, who is too busy waging wars to rule his own kingdom
I take it all back, Stormwind is much worse than Bretonnia. It's a sugarcoated dystopia like Nazi Germany, which was also obsessed with castles, knights and being the good guys. Interestingly, real life nazi sympathisers always play human.
>>
>>57970157
Weak bait dude
>>
>>57970166
yeah, but wouldn't everyone that could just take the seemingly shorter way?
>>
Vince_Khadgar.webm

I believe he made the right choice.
>>
>>57970111
But they're not that different. The 7 Human Kingdoms all have the same cultural root, the Empire of Arathor
>>
>>57970243
No one has ever survived the journey because plot and they need expansion space for when they fill up the middle.
>>
>>57970258
The four non-ruined human realms that we visit all have very different cultures, Kul Tiras is slightly closer to Gilneas because it's a Gilnean colony. Even so, it's pretty unique now with its ship-inspired architecture and obsession with squids.
>>
File: 1504058729296.webm (2.72 MB, 962x720)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>57970245
Save that wemb and post it yourself next time.
>>
>>57970282
Point being, the reason why most of the human cultures are >>57956595 all knights and stuff is because they all share a root in Arathor. But yeah, Kul'tiras has been notably different since War 2/3, and Gilneas since Cata
>>
File: Spoiler Image (9 KB, 192x263)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>57970282
>obsession with squids
It's a pretty weird cultural quirk, isn't it?
>>
>>57970210
>When Deathwing returns, statue of one of the heroes of Alliance falls into the moat (I think it was Turalyon's)
>Leaves it there and erects a statue of himself in the port area
I think that overall, Defias problems not included, Bolvar and Onyxia were better rulers than Varian.
>>
>>57970292
This will never stop cracking me up
>>
>>57970243
No, because Trolls holds lands in the north, and those that live in the south have no reason to go to Kalimdor.
>>
>>57970313
For sure:
>rebuilt Stormwind larger and more beautiful than ever in record time after Deathwing's attack, showing that resources are not an issue
>Westfall is still left to rot
And you know what other leader built a statue of herself? That's right, Sylvanas. Varian is Sylvanas with round ears.
>>
>>57970282
Gilnean and Kul Tiras have both been changed specifically for the expansion packs in which they appear, Blizz just invented new lore to make them stand out because they're aware just how much of a bland, homogeneous shitfest Human lore is in WoW.
Alterac, Lordaeronians, Stromgarde and Stormwind all use the same architecture, their NPCS don't behave radically different on a cultural level, they all wear roughly the same fashion, worship the same religion and have pretty much the same power structures before their respective downfalls.
>>
>>57970356
And speaking of bland homogenous shitfest, I put a boogie dollar down right now, the interesting lore for Kul Tiras with their sea priests and unique Ironborn/C'thun worshipping state religion? The state church will turn out to be bad guys and they'll all convert to muh Light.
>>
File: 1200px-Hallstatt_300.jpg (202 KB, 1200x750)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>57970378
That's pretty obvious dude

>>57970356
I'm sure Blizzard would have made unique cultures for Alterac, Lordaeron and Stromgarde if these kingdoms still existed in any shape or form. Stromgarde and Alterac would probably have Alpine cultures with chalets and Baroque churches.
>>
>>57970378
>Kul Tiras
>Ironborn
>both are legendary sailors
>both worship Lovecraftian gods
I never thought about it, but holy shit, it's obvious in hindsight.
>>
>>57970417
They do still exist. Alterac is an African failed state style shithole run by robber barons with no central authority, but people still live there. Stromgarde still has Humans living in the Highlands resisting occupation. Until Wrath, the Forsaken hadn't made overwhelming cultural changes in quite the same way and were still living in ruined standard generic human buildings.

Stop trying to give Blizz more credit than they're due, fanboy. What they would do if X or Y isn't relevant. If my grandmother had wheels, she would have been a bike.
Take the game and lore as it is.
>>
>>57970497
You admitted it yourself that Gilneas and Kul Tiras had generic style before they took the central stage in the plot, now you're backpedalling. I rest my case
>>
>>57961841
>>57961751

>Did Sylvanas just BTFO of Saurfang

No, she proved she does not understand the Spirit of the Horde that Saurfang fights for.

Saurfang has always upheld a sense of Honour, an Idea of redemption for the past crimes through a level of spiritual and martial respect that Thrall cultivated.
>>
>>57970497
The Stromic occupants of Stromgarde got wiped out and reanimated as Forsaken, only to cede with Galen when he declared himself independent from Sylvanas. The only Stromic humans left are any migrants living in Stormwind and the rather insignificant League of Arathor in the Arathi Highlands. From the screenshots we've seen, the rebuilt Stromgarde doesn't have Stromic heraldry or even colors, it's an outpost of Stormwind through and through.
>>
>>57961751

The issue there is that dishonor and war crimes may win you a battle but it loses you a war. It turns allies against you and makes diplomacy a lot harder. Saurfang's method is the better long-term strategy.
>>
>>57970665
I mean look at Baine and Saurfang, two highly respected Warriors by both the Alliance and Horde.

It honestly makes sense why they picked Sylvanas for Warchief now, because if Baine or Saurfang was current Warchief, there would literally be no BFA.

I mean fuck, Where is Hamuul Runetotem smacking Baine in the dick for even suggesting aide to Sylvanas for burning down Teldrassil?
>>
>>57970417
>>57970356
>>57970282
When you think of it, there is little reason for human realms other than Dalaran, Gilneas, and Kul Tiras to have culture different from other human realms.
When it comes to Lordaeron, Stormwind, Alterac, and Stromgarde, it all comes down to minor quirks that are defined to their history, but those four countries are more similar due to their origins.
>Humans united under rule of Empire of Strom
>Lordaeron was source of the Church of Light, and were the most religious of Kingdoms
>Stormwind was formed when the Empire was gone in all but name and independent kingdoms were a thing, so it had the least time to develop unique culture, and took all the things that were already in Empire to form their own Kingdom, which makes Stormwind into tiny copy of Empire of Strom
>Stromgarde borders Amani lands, so they are the most militaristic, as a former capital of the Empire, they share the traits with other major Kingdoms
>Alterac used to be ruled by Trollbane line until they moved to Stromgarde when Empire disbanded, as they were warriors most suited to rule kingdom that fights Trolls; Alterac became ruled by weak dynasty of Perenoldes
In comparison, remaining 3 kingdoms developed unique identity due to being either isolationist or living relatively far enough for cultural diffusion to be easy
>Dalaran is city-state magocracy that was made so mages could study magic away from those that would distrust them
>Gilneas was isolationist, so Church of Light never gained as strong foothold as in the other mainland parts of the Empire, so Harvest Witches managed to keep existing to present time
>Kul Tiras is located on an island, where there used to be different people (though they wiped them out), gained priesthood that apparently have ability to control weather (important for maritime society), and is a colony of Gilneas (which was isolationist enough to have their own identity compared to other kingdoms)
>>
File: hades.gif (1.11 MB, 320x240)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB GIF
>>57970622
>the rebuilt Stromgarde doesn't have Stromic heraldry or even colors, it's an outpost of Stormwind through and through.
>>
>>57970734
It'd be as simple as having red and white banners featuring the closed fist of Stromgarde or the displayed hawk of Trollbane.
>>
>>57970734
>>57970775

To be fair, that is because it's supposed to look like WC3 shit during the War Front.

Same reason why Horde shit looks like... well. Horde shit.
>>
>>57970734
>>57970775
>Stormgarde was literally more independent under the Ebon Blade than under Stormwind
>>
>>57970778
>>57970799
>Stormwind was formed by nobles that were too butthurt that other parts of the Empire no longer takes orders from them
>They took the last Emperor with them on the trip south, where they could make a new kingdom
>Member of Arathor's line refuses the crown, just like he made Trollbane line from Alterac kings of Strom after he left
>Some nobles from Wrynn line becomes kings
>Northern kingdoms does not give any aid during Gnoll Wars, which makes Stormwind's separation even greater
>Becomes refugees in Lordaeron after First War and had to beg for aid
>Leadership is given to Anduin Lothar not because he's from Stormwind, but because he's last member of Arathor's line, and as such can cash in favour High Elves owes humans
>When Scourge happens, Stormwind does nothing, even in Kalimdor
Face it, Stormwind's nobles misses the times of the Empire, where their nobles ruled over lords of current kingdoms, and now are taking opportunity to do so again.
>>
>>57958786
>>57958833
Keep in mind that the new zone in Gorgrond is using the Alpha WoD version of Gorgrond that was nothing like that. It could be that this is used for a Flashback or a Vision quest of some sorts, like how the Lightforged scenario used parts of Tanaan as their map without actually taking place there.

Also the Dire Wolf as well as the heritage armour fit a lot more with the style of our Mag'har instead of the Iron Horde.
>>
>>57962889
>Spitting on honour
>Threatens Saurfang with undeath
>Taunts him over his dead son
Yes, very sympathetic indeed.
>>
>>57964275
>People were calling me a fan boy and delusional for even thinking that could happen.
Well you are, cause that sure as hell is not gonna happen. Saurfang likely prepares to cleave her ass in Mak'gora and give the Horde it's honour back.
>>
>>57971128
>"this won't happen"
>immediately posts something that is even less likely to happen
>>
>>57971360
>"Orcs vs. Humans" repeatedly states as the core of the franchise
>Orc racial leader is a character that owes his popularity to faction-wanking
>honestly him thinks defecting is even in the realms of possibility
Imagine being this delusional
>>
>>57970691

>Oh god no, Warchief Baine has gone mad with his power!
>What's he doing?
>He's marched into alliance lands and he's fistbumping all the people that literally saved all of existence. Next he plans to hold a joint feast and try to get everyone on the same page with what is acceptable logging locations rather than people literally killing each other over it.
>The monster!
>>
>>57971651
Take your pills blueball
>>
>>57970583
Blizzard are the ones backpedalling. There's absolutely no sense in trying to personally headcanon into existence vague cultural parallels that you know full well don't exist in the setting, purely on the basis that Blizz are prone to retconning their own shit lore out of existence.
New Stromgarde is the same bland Human castle it always was. Shove your case up your wrong'un.
>>
>>57969874
They're that too. That's how Blizzard styles shit, you know. Do you think Troll stuff looks like actual Mayincatec?
>>
>>57969820
>>57969874
Blizzard shit tends to be a mishmash of half a dozen different things. But the blue skin, the name "Drust", and so on, suggests Picts were one of their inspirations. Not heavily researched Picts, but Picts nonethless. Mixed with whatever other "extinct tribe of savages" themes they could pick up.
>>
>>57968900
Because you lose superior waifu if you do. Jaina was planned all along to become the dragon egg womb she is today, so Arthas had nothing to lose except for his good guy status
>>
>>57971829
Why are people even complaining about this? Copypasting real-world cultures is the absolute laziest way of doing worldbuilding, bar none. It's arguably worse than just ripping off Tolkien, because at least those guys aren't pretending to be creative.
>>
File: Deathseer Thrall.jpg (98 KB, 803x832)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>57971043
As much as I'd be glad it's not the WoD shit, I'm a little disappointed the Horde's never going to get Iron Horde tech. That was the only thing Garrosh did right, and I'd have honestly liked him better if he had just been put in charge of the arms industry. He was good at coming up with weapons and ideas for how to use them.

However, the way things are going right now, I can already predict the direction they're taking the Horde. Sylvanas is the ruler. The Horde-side questing has them ally and make a contract with a powerful being fueled by Death magic, and the Alliance side has them learn to fight a powerful being fueled by Death magic. Both Darkspear and Zandalar are bound to the Death Loa in some way, and if Vol'jin's story isn't finished, as the Devs say, it'll only be thanks to ol' Bwonsamdi.

Thrall's lost his connection to the Elements, given up the Doomhammer, and so he's kind of lost everything that defined him. But Shaman don't just deal with the Elements. They deal with ancestors and the spirits. They can receive visions. In short, I think there's a good chance we may just get Deathseer Thrall, and a whole new generation of Orcish Necrolytes making use of approved death magic.
>>
>>57971583
Warcraft 3 ?

Also Saurfangs brother worked with the Night Elves to stop the legion.

Saurfang will work with Anduin to stop the greater evil that sylvanas will bring in with this war stuff.
>>
>>57971104
I'm an orc player but even I know saurfang is a loose cannon. During the warrior campaign in legion he asks you to go on a suicide mission with him to the broken shores, seeking an honorable death and all that. He gets btfo and leaves you there alone, and you end up dying but odyn sends a valkyrie down to save you.

So saurfang basically gets the hero of azeroth to go suicide himself because of muh honor, and this is right after Gul Dan showed up with the entire burning legion.

Saurfang no longer cares about azeroth or the horde, he's just an old dog looking for a place to die. And his son died to the plague as well so it's very likely he's gonna betray sylvanas.
>>
>>57972356
>I'm a little disappointed the Horde's never going to get Iron Horde tech. That was the only thing Garrosh did right, and I'd have honestly liked him better if he had just been put in charge of the arms industry. He was good at coming up with weapons and ideas for how to use them.
The only thing Garrosh came up with was paying Blackfuse to design all those weapons whose blueprints he later took to Draenor.
>>
>>57972413
I will still be gutted if he ends up betraying the Horde because of muh honour.
>>
>>57972606
I'm not saying he invented them. More that he pushed policies that encouraged their use. If other leaders could push the adoption of Goblin tech like he did, that'd be a net gain for the Horde.
>>
>>57972619
he's been senile since Cata
>>
>>57972690
What 100% likeable characters the Horde does have, then? Just Lor'themar?
>>
>>57972742
Thalyssra and Oculeth
>>
>>57969049
Literally no one gives a shit about it in universe besides the doctor chick.
>>
>>57972803
Kek, blues btfo
>>
>>57972413
I honestly think the "Saurfang wants to die"-thing is overblown.

>Fear not, <name>. I'm angry, but I don't chase my own death.
>We will fly in and scout the ideal point of attack. The demons are still drunk on their victory, but we will put a swift end to their revelry!
>Take my spare mount and we will fly to the Broken Shore. There we will bring honor to our dead.

That's his text from the relevant quest. He basically wants to get in, revenge-kill them, and then get out.

And the only reason Saurfang's a "loose cannon" is because Sylvanas is being Sylvanas (read: an evil bitch) and not speaking up against her shit would be super OOC of him. He's the personification of honour within the Horde, and he still looks out that they don't lose it again like they did with Garrosh.
>>
Why are Duskwood and Redridge ruled by magistrates instead of nobility?
>>
>>57973034
because Stormwind's government is fucking incompetent
>>
that feel when no paladin master obi wan kenobi in warcraft franchise anymore. What were they thinking killing him off ? I remember they kept saying they wanted the legion to feel like a threat and them killing off tons of heroes really did not do that.
>>
>>57973034
Ruled by corrupt nobility snorting coke and fucking hookers in Stormwind, administered by magistrates desperately trying to make the best of a shitty situation.

Like 90% of the Warcraft setting, it only really made sense back in Vanilla when the House of Nobles was woefully corrupt and being led by literal reptilian shapeshifters. Now that Onyxia and Nefarian have both been dealt with and Stormwind supposedly is an operational kingdom again, it doesn't really work.

>>57973462
I just love how he jobs against a literal who.
>>
>>57973462
He turned shit in Wrath anyway. Granted, he wasn't alone in that regard.
>>
>>57972742
>who is Liadrin
>>
>>57972995
I play orc warrior my man, you can sugar coat it all you want but the man wants to die. You also didn't post the full quest text, and left out the part where he laments the fact he survived while so many brave warriors did not. It was a suicide mission no matter how you slice it (which at the time I was perfectly fine with, zug zug)
>>
>>57973656
Boring paladin liked by no one
>>
>>57972742
I like the Saturday morning cartoon villains the horde have become. And the legion quests have really shown us just how far the horde has come since the early days. Blood elves have finally started showing some red pride and the nightborne have taken to the horde very quickly. We've become the holy Roman empire. No longer a tribal faction of "noble savages", the horde is now an alliance of sovereign nations who answer to one ruler (the warchief/emperor). Each nation gets to still rule itself and act independently, but they must answer the call of the warchief. Instead of electors however, the warchiefs are chosen by their predecessor.
>>
>>57974012
You mean the current most patriotic horde character and essentially second in command to the warchief (aside from Nathanos who has a privileged position but doesnt actually do much). Liadrin is basically the hordes general at this point.
>>
>>57973034
Reminder that Forsaken rebuilt Lordaeron and re-established control over it, while Stormwind will keep ignoring its provinces forever. If I was a poor human farmer in Azeroth, I would just sail north and walk into a plague cloud to drastically improve my standards of living.
>>
>>57974012
t. absolute trash taste
>>
>>57974120

I mean...by definition you'd have no standard of living after that. You'd also be rotting and incapable of strong positive emotions.
>>
>>57974120
The forsaken are quite interesting. A fallen empire that was basically hung out to dry by their southern brethren. Elves came to their defense sooner than men (who didn't really come at all). But instead of dying and being a distant memory, sylvanas brought them all back to unlife and re forged their empire. I doubt the forsaken have a very high opinion of stormwind.

Like "hey bro remember that time that Arthas genocided us and you just Fucking watched? Cause we remember"
>>
>>57974144
They retained their free will thanks to sylvie. The forsaken are now an unliving reminder of the day men failed to protect their kingdoms. All those cucks who left stratholm with Jaina and uther, all the people who abandoned hope when times got rough
>>
>>57974185
In Stormwind's defense, they weren't really in a position to help anybody at the time. If I were a Forsaken, I'd have a much bigger grudge against Genn Greymane.
>>
>>57974068
to preface this I primarily play Alliance but I've maxed a horde character every major state the game is in bar Vanilla
The biggest issue I have with Horde is: the problem with Garrosh was his Orcish Horde when you're a group of sovereigns who work together due to it being safer in the presence of larger threats. He was shown to go to extremes with this and was overthrown by a united Horde.
Sylvanas is now the Warchief and she leads the Undead, the most detached, insular race. She cares not for the Horde. She cares not for the Undead. Any being that exists that is loyal to her is just a shield from the void Arthas condemned her to. The fact she's an acceptable leader in lore is so foreign that I get why some Horde players are so aggressive when it comes to Red VS Blue, it's all they've got now their "united Horde" is being run by the single most selfish character in the game, who in turn is the leader of the single most selfish race.

I do think the Forsaken are interesting in the game, and think Sylvanas was and has the potential to be a good character, I just think she should never have lead the Horde
>>
>>57974003
I too play an orc warrior, don't try gatekeep me.

>You also didn't post the full quest text, and left out the part where he laments the fact he survived while so many brave warriors did not
That's his dialogue right before he hands out this quest. He wishes for a death in combat, but I guess how wether that translates to him not being afraid to die or actively seeking it out is a matter of interpretation.
>>
>>57974241
The Forsaken lost any and any ability to be interesting post-WotLK. And it's a real fucking shame, too. They were by far my favorite race in Vanilla and it was one of the first times I'd seen the concept approached. And then, like pretty much everything to do with Warcraft, shit writing ruined 'em.
>>
>>57974231
>They retained their free will thanks to sylvie.

Well, except for those ones she made later with plague. Those ones she created through pretty horrible methods, many of them unwillingly.
>>
>>57960717
>What the fuck were the Mag'har on Outland doing while Garrosh got his murder on?

There were loads of brown orcs in Garrosh's Horde, so most were probably helping him.
>>
>>57974236
*against Garrosh. He forced them into this idiotic war that achieved nothing but destabilised Lordaeron, which they finally managed to restore to some degree of peace and order. Genn is a furry cunt, but he's very much the victim here.
>>
>>57974241
>I just think she should never have lead the Horde
That's how most people feel. I don't know who warchief Sylvie pandered to. I only thought "oh well, here comes the chopping block"
t. forsaken main since vanilla
>>
>>57974492
I'm talking about Genn closing the border when Lordaeron requested aid against the Scourge. He let Lordaeron die.
>>
>>57974329
Do you know that after the initial rage of undeath wears off, all new Forsaken receive the choice to either willingly join Sylvanas or fuck off in peace? Of course, nobody promises not to kill them later if they end up causing trouble. A bunch of undead creeps we kill during Forsaken questing are this.
>>
>>57974120
ya over the bodes of the survivors who survived the scourge only to be hunted down by the forsaken
>>
>>57974592
Hence my calling him a cunt. He also fucked over his own people, mind you. Darius Crowley for the king.
>>
>>57974624
What about the Forsaken she killed off who tried to separate from her and create their own factions?
>>
>>57974592
Would it have helped, in the long term?
>>
>>57973034
>>57973536
And who is going to stop nobles from staying in Stormwind and snorting coke, while reaping taxes?
Varian that was so busy waging war that the region that should get better after Defias has been dealt with has revival of Defias, but instead Westfall seems even worse than it used to be before.
Anduin, who lacks any experience, and instead of helping his country, he's manipulated by warmongering Genn, and by Shaw who is focused on external threats rather than internal problems?
Genn who only cares about war against Sylvanas (not even the Horde, he only cares about killing Sylvanath)?
Who would?
>>
>>57970619
>>57970665

Thank you. Someone gets it.

>>57970691
Why is Baine going along with this is what I want to know.

Honestly, the whole thing makes me sick, this isn't what I signed up for as Horde. Guess it's time to quit until Classic comes out.
>>
>>57974646
That's treason, isn't it? You only get the choice once, you can't swear fealty to Sylvanas and become a general only to later go "you know what, I changed my mind"
>>
>>57974744
So where is the free will crap you were saying?
>>
>>57974686
Considering the absolute ruin Genn's choice brought him and his kingdom to in the end, I'd say it wouldn't have hurt. And he might very well have been able to prevent the complete destruction of Lordaeron. At the least, he would have avoided abandoning his own subjects in Silverpine and Crowley's subsequent civil war.
>>
>>57974732
May I ask you why you went Horde in the first place if your fav character is its main Alliance sympathizer?
>>
>>57974768
Tried using your brain?
>>
>>57973656
>LIARdrin
>Likable.
>>
>>57974776
In 2004? The flavor of the Horde and the Thrall/Rexxar stuff from WC3 are what did it, though I admit Uther was pretty close.... but also dead.

Those days seem long gone I guess.
>>
File: 986557800.png (45 KB, 256x256)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>57974068
>Instead of electors however, the warchiefs are chosen by their predecessor.

So you,re saying there has been no valid Warchief since Garrosh Hellscream.
>>
>>57974012
>Literally the only character in the game whose story arc isn't complete and utter dogshit
Wow
>>
>>57974858
Thrall may be coming back in BfA.
Also, he was not lovey dovey with the Alliance like Baine. Perfectly willing to work together against a common enemy, but he still preferred to live on the other side of the globe.
>>
>>57974927
My concern is more Baine being okay with the widespread use of the Forsaken chemical weapon stuff in the battle of Lordaeron.
>>
>>57974104
>second in command to the warchief (aside from Nathanos who has a privileged position but doesnt actually do much)
The only thing she does in BfA is lick Thalyssra's ass to get her to join the Horde. Nathanos actually leads the Stormwind infiltration.

>>57974125
Nobody likes her outside of 4chan, Lor'themar is much more popular.

>>57974895
Her character hasn't progressed an inch since TBC.
>>
>>57974981
>Her character hasn't progressed an inch since TBC.
Haha yeah, that sure is a weird coincidence that the only lore character that isn't an insufferable cartoon character hasn't had writing since BC.
>>
>>57975074
Instead she's a boring cartoon character
>>
>>57975102
>This character isn't getting (invariably bad) writing anymore
>So she's boring
What an absolutely retarded way of judging the quality of something.
>>
>>57975179
>Implying she hasn't gotten any writing
>Implying BC was good writing

Liadrin has never ever been good.
>>
>>57974552
Vol'Jin chose her, simple as that.
>>
>>57975179
She got writing alright - she had a lot of screentime in Legion. Too bad she's a generic uninteresting goodie two shoes.
>>
>>57974981
Thalyssra clearly got butthurt over tyrande, the two of them likely have a lot of history as they are the same age. So she didnt need much convincing at all
>>
>>57975230
She's the only character in the game that got an explicitly displayed Redemption Arc.
LITERALLY the only character whose actions had consequences and resulted in them changing meaningfully as a result.

She's a character whose motivations and actions line up in an understandable way in a game whose major characters are schizophrenic story-mouthpieces who exist to bend over backwards to force the story forward in whatever retarded direction Blizzard likes next.
>>
File: 1517181908589.jpg (83 KB, 736x582)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>57975230
TBC had solid writing, although Liadrin was hardly a standout in it. Certainly better than the expansions that followed.
>>
>>57975254
He didn't, the Loa (probably Bwonsamdi) told him him to install her, and nobody challenged him for some reason, even though everyone thought it was retarded, most of all Sylvanas herself. Tfw she is Bwonsamdi's waifu
>>
>>57975345
TBC was shit writing.
They literally felt they had to bring Illidan back in Legion on account of TBC being so bad.
>>
>>57975314
Nah, she's a just a cunt who had redemption handed to her who then did nothing until WoD were she decides to help the AU Draenei fight demons to help pay them back, then she goes and helps the Nightborne join in the next world war against the Draenei because zug zug.
>>
>>57975346
I think there might be some truth to that, as stupid as it may sound. We learn in BfA that Bwonsamdi gets stronger when he gets more souls, and he's trying to get more of them by any means necessary. And what's more likely to provide him with a shitload of souls than a world war? So he pushed Sylvanas as the next warchief to start that war. He's definitely not a good character, he comes off as extremely sketchy and scheming in BfA. Perhaps he's gonna try and take over the world with an army of ghosts when he gets enough of them (he straight up tells you he needs one million of them, and that is from you alone).
>>
File: 1469912560341.png (361 KB, 868x897)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>57975379
They brought him back for pandering fanservice, don't pretend it was for actual plot reasons.
>>
>>57975427
Yep, she's not actually the single most important Blood Elf character in game single-handedly responsible for returning Light worship to the Blood Elves, leading the army that reconquered the Sunwell and directly ending the racial mana addiction of the Blood Elves, their dystopian 1984 society, and their need to enslave demons for food and energy.
>>
>>57975511
Yes, because the writing in TBC was so terrible they felt it wasn't a fitting send off.
>>
>>57974884
Technically, Garrosh has left the Horde when he formed his True Horde, which gave the position back to Thrall, who in turn chose Vol'jin as his successor.
>>
>>57975528
She didn't do shit.
Fucking Velen is the one who restored the Sunwell for them, using part of the Naaru that Liadrin was fine abusing up until a more evil elf stole it from her.
She's just a bitch who the Naaru forgave being they're really nice.
>>
>>57975528
So you're basically saying she utterly ruined belfs as a race?
>>
>>57975595
She was the fucking commander of the shattered sun offensive
>>
File: Wor'var_Guardian.jpg (56 KB, 284x735)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>57974068
>Blood elves have finally started showing some red pride
It happened before that
>>
>>57975618
No she wasn't. She only joined the SSO later. The SSO was originally formed by the Aldor and Scryers.
>>
>>57975628
Why is that when night elves wear stormwind armor, it looks stupid, but when blood elves wear orc armor, it looks hot?
>>
>>57961211
>Tirion was the strongest light wielder in canon right?
Turalyon was stronger, propably a lot of Draenei also
>and Light pretty much counters all magic besides Void magic.
It counters only Fel and Death iirc
>How was he able to be defeated by Guldan?
He attempted to solo the most powerful warlock ever, empowered by the power of Sargeras himself and he wasted his final blessing on LK fight
>>
>>57975537
You're not fooling anyone, Xe'ra.
>>
>>57975742
>the most powerful warlock ever
Kil'jaeden?
>>
>>57961784
>time works differently in Void
>Void Elves are deviants, I'm pretty sure they fuck all the time in their pocket whorehouse
>Void Elves have kids and the kids grow up in their Void Whorehouse
>They fuck eachother in an endless orgy and in hundred years their population booms
>a week passed on Azeroth
>the army of Void Elfs, their children, their children's children and their children's children's children emerges from the Void whorehouse while the rest of the populations still fucks eachother to produce more Void Elves
>>
>>57975803
I thought demons were demons and people who used demons were warlocks.

Also, Archimond would have been the most powerful warlock.
>>
>>57961211
Tirion is, like, 4th-5th overall?

Uther and the Highlord are definitely stronger.
Mograine is debatable.
Turalyon really doesn't have any actual reason to have been stronger than Tirion other than needing to be the Human face to the Draenei Space Marines.
>>
>>57975870
Why? In the game, Kil'jaeden is stronger.
>>
>>57975528
So she's responsible for making them bland? Then fuck that dumb bitch. I liked the dystopian 1984 society with magisters rewriting memories on the street and constructs spouting propaganda on patrols through the city while decadent warlocks guzzled down mana from fel crystals hovering in hookah lounges.
>>
>>57975901
In game would mean that Deathwing would be weaker than Kil’jaden.

But Archimond is a field general, he leads through the front with destructive magic while Kil’jaden took on the role as recruiter.
>>
>>57975603
>>57975921
Blame Blizzard for not putting fuckall in to replace it.
>>
>>57975933
We don't fight Deathwing toe to toe.
>>
>>57975897
>Turalyon really doesn't have any actual reason to have been stronger than Tirion

Turalyon has always been the strongest Paladin since he went super sayan and fucked up the Orcs in the second war.
>>
>>57976004
Wasn’t Doomhammer weak from fighting Lothar for hours?
>>
>>57975679
Because revealing leathers are hotter than covering plates.
>>
>>57975975
We also don’t fight Archimond toe to toe, we needed help from either a huge ass army of night elf ghosts, or help from Khadgar, Yrel, and Grommash.
>>
>>57975803
Technically, Gul'dan (OG) is considered the most powerful (mortal) warlock ever.
Unspecified how well WoD one compares.
>>
>>57976018
Turalyon was literally burning orcs alive with Light, he was propably the strongest even then and I doubt 1000 years in hell and being changed into a space marine by a literal angel weakened him
>>57976046
Wasn't WoD version empowered by the power of Sargeras pre-Legion, thus making him even more powerful than the one from our reality
>>
>>57976018
The duel wasn't THAT long.
And Turalyon affected the battle in more than just beating Orgrim. It was him blinding everything by the Light that won it, not him beating Orgrim with broken sword of Lothar.
>>
>>57976070
It's really hard to tell, as there are several differences between the two
>OG never drank Blood of Mannoroth to avoid becoming braindead ragetard
>AU drank it to test the effects of the Blood
>Mannoroth wasn't summoned until very late stage of the war against Draenei, summoning happened after capture of Karabor, and drinking of the Blood happened before attack on Shattrath, long after Ner'zhul realized his fuckup with telling Horde that Draenei wants to attack them
>Ner'zhul was never manipulated, Gul'dan tried his whole scheme STARTING with Blood of Mannoroth
Seriously, I have a feeling that WoD Grommash is even more retarded than the original one, given he was expected to drink it even before they were warring with Draenei and had Warlocks everywhere.
>>
New thread: >>57976312
>>
>>57976070
Still can’t kill Illidan.
>>
>>57975628
I meant it was nice to see them have the spotlight again. They haven't been very relevant since tbc, amd during tbc they were more about themselves than the horde (understandable)

>>57975679
Juxtaposition. Blood elves aren't tribal warriors, so it's cute when they larp like them

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.