[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Locked S-Foils: >>57942094

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>https://pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---
Armada wave VII release article:
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/1/launch-the-fleet/
Legion organized play:
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/7/the-battles-to-come/
Force and Destiny Warrior Sourcebook announced:
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/12/knights-of-fate/
X-Wing Wave XIV announced:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/13/save-the-dream/
>>
File: Aww.jpg (74 KB, 400x400)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>Yet another X-Wing
>No Resistance A-Wing
>No Tallie

For what purpose?
>>
If it takes integrated astro, a title that grants an extra modification and who knows what else, and flipping s-foil cards with like 50 words on each side just to get T-65s to a baseline usable level before pilot abilities and astromechs I think I'd rather just not use T-65s. Sick of all the upgrade bloat.
>>
>>57956954
I'll open the field. PS1 TIE Reaper. Are they mad enough to make it 19 or 20 points for cheaper Palpatine fun?
>>
>>57957045
To make the T-65 X-Wing competitive again you mong.

>still no K-2S0

Is the Reaper going to be the new Palp mobile like the article suggests.
>>
>>57957045
>>57956978

We've still got an SWX in the wild, don't fret. People think it might be scum falcon though.

We can be sure the RZ-2 is coming, but this is a breath of fresh air to Imps and Rebs. A refresh on a classic ship which needed a dedicated fix, and hopefully some upgrades to give a new ship which was too balanced to make a splash. And for imperials, they get a dedicated small base crew carrier with some teeth.
>>
>>57957045
because the T-65 really needs a boost, resistance A-wing will probably be soon™
>>
>>57957111

FFG has been real fucking aggressive with generic pricing lately. I'll be shocked if the Scarif pilot is more than 20 points.

I'm also real interested in all the generic crew in the pack. Looks like we get an ISB Agent and a Tactical Officer.
>>
>>57957115
Given that Solo is out in May, I feel it's an easy lock to assume that Scum is getting the Falcon with young Han and Lando.
>>
Different question, there are 5 zealot x-wing pilots. What are the chances its a reduced cost PS 1 generic?
>>
>>57957265

Very likely. Probably not lower than 20 points though.
>>
>>57957276
I bet it's 20 with cost reduction on Partisan Refit so you will fit a 1 point astro.
>>
Know what would be the ultimate T-65 fix that we'll never get?
Bullseye firing arcs.
>>
>>57957113

reaper has a 2 red hard, it needs either a white 3 hard or white 1 hard and cost 19 points to be worth it as the new palp shuttle otherwise no real point on taking it since it has 2 less shields, and no stop.
>>
>>57957471
I doubt it will have any white hards, you're going to have to aileron a 1-bank into another bank.
>>
>>57957471
Advanced Ailerons may change manuever colours, even if it just works like the ailerons on the Striker it will allow for easier turning.

You can also equip the Lightweight Frame for an extra green die.
>>
>>57957471
>>57957548
Advanced ailerons changes the color of moves on your dual. I'm guessing makes red moves white.

Also, it can take LWF for 2 agility.
>>
>>57957645
If I had to guess I would say it's probably got a red stop manuever which the title lets you treat as white so you can take regular speed 1 moves but can't just park in a corner taking actions if you choose not to take the title.
>>
>>57957411
>>57957276
5 X?

That may be the new Jousting king of the game. 15 red dice- 25 health, and 5 discardable damage cards, all on 2 agility and whatever it is that the new mod does.

Ideas?
>>
>>57956954
What's the best imperial ship to have Krennic optimize?

It gives you a shield and the ability to have your missed dice eat shields- It also probably does something else. Krennic also can't optimize any FO stuff (There goes my idea of Optimized Prototype Quickdraw for 4 Shields)
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (157 KB, 1919x1079)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3o_UpFn7E

why why WHY
>>
File: 1503162719774.jpg (169 KB, 750x963)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>57956789
Soontir will be decent with Krennic. So will Whisper. Making her 5 HP is absolutely nothing to sneeze about, and it allows her to do something with her blanks so she isn't forced to take FCS and gunner anymore. Vader would be good too, making him 3/3 and also able to use his blanks without taking predator. /D Defenders aren't bad there either. Strip a shield with one of the dice from the control cannon that won't be doing anything anyway. Almost any Imperial ship is going to like him. And the condition might have more text too.

>>57956870
If they really wanted to they probably could have, but the Sentinel landing craft is probably coming as well, and they figured Imps didn't need 6 shuttles, even if they are just about the only faction that actually cares about logistics.

>>57957111
If it's 19 that would be amazing. Palps after getting nerfed probably deserves to come down in overall base cost. I might play him again at 27-28 points base.

>>57957411
>>57957709
I'm actually betting there is no actual cost reduction so you don't get integrated if you take 5. That would be the best swarm the game has ever had. 15 red dice is no joke, it's more than a full howlrunner swarm, only one less than the eight TIE swarm, and much harder to one shot the some damage off the table. But watch me eat my words and have the S-foils be at -1 point. I'd like a point reduction for all of the other X-wing pilots, they need one. Wedge or Wes for 30 with VI, FAA, and whatever the s-foils do would be amazing.

>>57957449
Yeah giving the bullseye to X-wing would be great if they ever did a 2.0. They really deserve that mechanic.

Also I cannot wait to see what the two new U-wing pilots do. The fact they threw one in blew my mind a little. I so want that ship to be good.
>>
>>57957763
My money is on Defenders. They're hard enough to kill as it is, and auto-damage lets them worry bad match-ups like Ventress.
>>
>>57957471
As a rule of thumb, red 2 turns means red 1 turns if it gets them at all.
>>
>>57957763
/D Defenders. Shoot something with your cannon, spend a die that was going to let it hit anyway, deal two damage with your ion shot. Then primary attack. Take Expertise on Ryad, and go to town. Helps that it makes you 7 HP as well.
>>
>>57957816
>>57957916

Sorry to burst your TIE/D bubble, but Optimized says "Primary Weapon".
>>
File: ShadowSquadronPilot-XWMG.jpg (709 KB, 1200x1051)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
>>57957944
So you're right. Meh, /x7 then. Lets you do something with the blanks and still makes you 7 HP.

Also the extra shield is going to be amazing on Vader and Whisper. I'm excited to think about that.
>>
>>57957802
>That's impossible...
You're god damn right. How the fuck was the Empire not destroyed in like literally months if Rebels and Rogue One's K/D and win/loss ratios exist?
>>
>>57957816
So Soontir+Krennic is 40 points, but you still need some way to actually get a crew slot for Krennic.

What else goes well there?

Also, what's the third thing Krennic's condition does? There is clearly more text there.

Please be something insane....
>>
>>57957201
>Scum is getting the Falcon with young Han and Lando.
That sounds cool
I was only looking forward to the gunpod Tie until now
>>
Wouldn't it be sweet if this X-wing fix would let you cut costs enough that it would be possible to field Team Agamar in a 100 point game?
>>
>>57958111
So what is team Agamar? You might be able to come close.
>>
File: 1489966192712.jpg (454 KB, 1920x807)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>57958081
If they want to be insane it will be regen of some kind. That might be too nuts though. Also hilarious but Krennic counters himself in the mirror match. There's a life lesson in that fact somewhere.

We'll say the cheap TIE reaper comes in at 20 points, which seems reasonable. That leaves you with 40 for another ace of some description. QD maybe, if you want something relatively self sustaining. You could also take the Inquisitor for 31 points and then buff up Krennics ship some.
>>
>>57958159
That Reaper wants LWF pretty bad- an extra agility makes it mean. No idea if ISB Agent or Tac officer is any good though.
>>
>>57958152

Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie and Wes I think?
>>
File: 1493814643941.jpg (339 KB, 1920x975)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>57958213
No but the fact that Imperials are getting some new crew is a good sign. I hope they're actually decent, and I hope one of the Reaper officers comes with a pilot that increases ranges like Stridan. Because systems officer at only range 1 and fleet officer/Hux at range 1-2 is fucking awful and never should have happened. Death troopers give me hope, a stress is a hell of a cost for not shooting a Reaper.
>>
>>57958152

Think he met Team Adumar. Wouldn't mind if Keyan got big again, though.
>>
>>57958405
Death Troopers look lackluster and but Krennics condition lets one of your ships with 3 or more shields straight up spend one attack dice for an enemy shield when attacking.
>>
File: 2068.jpg (56 KB, 700x473)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
So were any modifications ever made to the AT-ST in the old lore to improve their performance or capabilities?
>>
>>57958710
There was the TIE/ST which was basically an AT-ST head with TIE/LN struts and panels, and used as a light gunship.
>>
>>57957115
It's gonna be awkward if T-70s don't get S-Foil mechanics.
>>
>>57958796

It's not just S-foil mechanics though, it's explicitly some kind of modification. Perhaps the T-70 incorporates elements of it already, or the mods don't work with the different wing geometry.
>>
>>57958796
Using S-foils to fix the X-wing is just retarded, goes against what we see in the movies, and makes it awkward for not only T-70 but also other S-foils equipped ships, like the B-wing and ARC-170.
>>
File: When Ugly Attacks!.jpg (136 KB, 791x1200)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>57958784

>There was the TIE/ST which was basically an AT-ST head with TIE/LN struts and panels, and used as a light gunship.

Looks like Canon copied another idea from EU then.
>>
File: 1503236122207.jpg (265 KB, 800x1024)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
He already seems a bit OP already based on what I can make out. Especially his Maximum Firepower card.

>At the end of General Veers activation, he may perform an attack using the following profile
>Impact 2, Immune - Deflect on 4 Red Dice.

Red Dice have one blank, five hits, one crit, and one surge.

His basic Blaster has Pierce 1 at range 1-3 on 3 White Dice.
White Dice have one crit, one surge, two hits, and four blanks.

Precise - 1. Ignore one enemy block Dice.
>>
File: tiepen.jpg (197 KB, 1200x1200)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>57958784
fuck you I had to look that up

did find this neat tie fighter pen though
>>
>>57958869
>Nucanon did uglies
I like this more than I want to admit.
>>
File: yoda2.jpg (42 KB, 456x176)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>57958869
This isn't the canon I was fighting for.
>>
>>57958880
>pen
I thought that was something else at first.
>>
>>57958869
Jesus Christ they actually made that thing canon
>>
>>57958879

He has no additional defensive abilities and about as much health as a unit of stormies is his balance, I think.

You've also highlighted an important point, Maximum Firepower is only 4+. So, you can only use it on distant enemies, and then the rest of your activation is randomized. So it's strong, but it means your actual ability to make strategic decisions will suffer.
>>
>>57957816
Bullseye is between the front guides, so it's actually very easy to just houserule them that way. Come to think of it, I might actually just start doing that.

And to any naysayers who say it would have to be on the T-70 or even the B-Wing, their cannons are further apart than what the T-65 has.
>>
File: Torpedo_Sphere-DSOTM.jpg (240 KB, 1511x1085)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>57959029

They also made the Torpedo Sphere and Eye of Palpatine Canon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Torpedo_Sphere/Canon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Asteroid_Dreadnought

Canon sure seems to like copying a lot instead of using all this new design space to create entirely new material.
>>
>>57959178
yeah, but this thing was a joke kitbash abomination, not a WEG thing
Actually, anyone have the image? I can't find mine
>>
>>57959073
>And to any naysayers who say it would have to be on the T-70 or even the B-Wing, their cannons are further apart than what the T-65 has.

Not *that* much further apart in the case of the T-70.
>>
>>57958796
They'll get their own S-foil upgrade, and the B-wings will get their own, and A-wings will get gun rotation to toggle between forward and back arcs, TIE fighters will get a modification to deactivate one of their ion engines to get 1-straights but lose 4 and 5 straights, and the falcon will get a modification that lets it clean its windshields to reroll one blank evade die. FFG won't stop until there's a card relating to every possible mechanism on every ship.
>>
>>57959178
They're not really confirmed as being real, as the intel might not be accurate.

Also Daniel Wallace wrote this, and he wrote tons of shit in Star Wars for a long time. Maybe realize the people working on this want to see this stuff come back in.
>>
>>57957802
Is it just me or are the characters super overanimated when they talk?
>>
I've been making an Inferno Squadron Expansion Pack™ and I'd like some feedback on the custom rules. Shitty? Useful? Written poorly?

A bunch of them have placeholder art until I find something that works a little better (Laser Barrage, Better Special Forces TIES), and I think I'm going to do an X-wing and Crew card for Shriv, as well as a Rebel version of the Raider usable with a "Corellian Engineering Refit" title card.
>>
>>57958796
Given that the closed foils bestow boost in some fashion, surely the T-70 already has S-Foil mechanics built in? Besides, Poe is already going from strength to strength as it is.
>>
>>57959493
The D10s are super fucking OP, that's Advanced sensors and much improved PTL for less than the cost of either of them.
>>
>>57959386
Cup holder mod when?
>>
>>57958796
>>57959524
Does the normal 65/70 X-wing model have S-foils that can close? Because the partisan ones are closed in the boxed picture.
>>
>>57959493
I would make Iden's ability only work on enemy ships he can see in his firing arc. Having it be 360' no scope is a little daft.
>>
>>57959493
>his name is Dio
>he doesn't force all enemy ships to stop moving for a turn
muda da
>>
>>57959617
All fixed in place to my knowledge.
>>
>>57959178
That was always the intent behind scrapping the EU and making it "Legends." Take things that worked well from it, leave the rest.
>>
File: Snowtrooper_Lieutenant.jpg (565 KB, 1504x1200)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
So, what's the deal with Snowtroopers and other environmental Stormtrooper variants? They appear to be their own distinct classes away from "standard" Stormtroopers, but why? They way thay're described, it seems like a Snowtrooper is generally always a Snowtrooper, and is exclusively stationed on icy worlds, or Swamptroopers are only on swampy worlds. It seems a little silly.

Or is the wording on their existence a little weird, and that they're just Stormtroopers with specialized training that are often "standard" Stormtroopers, but sometimes are equipped and sent on missions to locations with distinct biomes? Which seems to make more sense.
>>
>>57959705
>Or is the wording on their existence a little weird, and that they're just Stormtroopers with specialized training that are often "standard" Stormtroopers, but sometimes are equipped and sent on missions to locations with distinct biomes? Which seems to make more sense.

I prefer this in my own headcanon but for the life of me I'm not sure what current canon on this is.
>>
>>57959705
>tfw training to be a stormtrooper
>figured I'd see the galaxy and stuff, be a hero for the empire and the ladies and all that
>accidentally place too highly in snow biome operations training
>get reassigned to advanced snowtrooper training
>tfw realize I will always be on snow worlds until some rebel faggot on a tauntaun guns me down
fuck me
>>
>>57959493
D10s are insane in a vacuum, a heavy handed nerf bat is recommended here.

Iden Versio crew should most likely be specified to "another friendly" on both clauses, as currently she gives her buffs to her ride.

Is the Special Forces TIE/LN meant to only work on ye olde TIE fighters? Because the current text on it still allows it to be used on FO TIEs. Director Krennic mentions only working on Galactic Empire ships so you should change the wording to fit that.

Del Meeko is should have a small change to the text where you move the "may" to before "roll 1 attack die." just so RAW people wouldn't have to roll the die even if they would not want to use the ability.
>>
>>57959727
It seems to be the correct interpretation in both Legends and nucanon. Legends-wise, Battlefront 2's 501st Legion campaign sets the precedent for environmental troopers just being stormies in specialized gear. In nucanon, this also appears to be the case since the 501st Legion's canon page mentions them showing up on Hoth and in ANH.
>>
File: 1281431550843.jpg (132 KB, 1000x573)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>57959705
I think there would be specialized cold assault battalions, that train extensively in that terrain but just like most forces today receive some jungle/mountain/arctic/desert training as standard, most Stormtrooper units would be trained in the basics of every biome and maintain a small stock of specialized cold weather/lava proof gear in the cargo hold.
>>
>>57959814
Imagine being the poor hydrophobic trooper that managed to score well enough to get reassigned to whatever they call deep sea troopers.
>>
>>57959814
Could be worse. You could be at 29 Space Palms.
>>
>>57959570
Good point, I'll bump it up to 4 points.

>>57959623
I like this idea too.

Overall, are these good Pilots/Upgrades that make TIE's somewhat viable again? Or are they fucked beyond all belief?
>>
>>57959705

I mean, the Empire is vast. And many planets have prominent biomes or unusual conditions which their military force needs to be able to adapt to. But producing equipment which would be suited to literally every condition is either flat out impossible or too expensive to do for all soldiers.

That said, I don't think you hear about a "snowtrooper" garrison anywhere but the snow places. I'm pretty sure being a snowtrooper just means you're a Stormtrooper who has been through the training and given the equipment for cold work. Everybody probably gets like, Survival 101, but some troopers either are forced because they're recruited from a cold world or volunteer for additional cold-weather training.

Like, if you're a stormie recruit from Frigidooine, you're probably stuck as a Cold Weather specialist, whether you like it or not.
>>
File: Seatrooper.jpg (382 KB, 397x730)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>57959902
Seatrooper or Aquatic Assault Stormtrooper

they get AT-AT submarines, TIE boats and underwater bases though
>>
>>57959976

They also get spearguns like they're fucking Johnny Quest mooks.
>>
>>57959976
>TIE boats
You're fucking kidding.
>>
File: Evo Trooper.jpg (26 KB, 200x324)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I miss Evotroopers
>>
>>57959911
Could you explain the reference? A cursory google search has given me nothing but tourism ads.
>>
>>57958405
Who drew that Striker art?

I painted all 3 of my Strikers to match, and I'd like to print Alt art cards with that art, but I should probably ask for permission.
>>
>>57960005

No, Raith Sienar is such a madman, he made an amphibious TIE fighter.
>>
>>57960019
29 Palms' US Marine Corps doesn't seem to be the most pleasant place to live if anecdotes from Terminal Lance and other military personnel are any indication. Quoting Terminal Lance:
>Being stationed in Hawaii, I could never help myself from feeling sorry for those poor souls serving their sentence contract in the badlands of Southern California. The mojave desert isn’t a pleasant place, which should be obvious considering it contains such foreboding areas as “Death Valley” and “Range 400.” Twentynine Palms is arguably the shittiest place to call home in the Marine Corps, though honestly Marines will bitch about just about anywhere.

>Really though, if you find that your permanent duty station is located in this hot locale, you probably have a right to bitch. Not only is it as hot as the United States gets, it’s isolated as fuck. By “as fuck,” I mean it’s at least 2-3 hours from anywhere worth going. If you’re a boot and don’t have a car, Taco Bell and ‘The Zone” will likely be your only solace. There is the noteworthy mention of it being the closest base to Las Vegas however, which may provide some respite from the monotony with its plethora of hookers and air conditioning.

>No matter how you look at it though, Twentynine Palms just plain sucks. The negatives far outweigh anything positive about it; and unless you’re a boot lieutenant you probably don’t get a hard-on every time someone mentions the spacious training areas or multiple ranges for all sorts of explosive weaponry. For the average grunt, the mention of these ranges isn’t something we look forward to–no one actually enjoys running around in 100 lbs of gear in 110 degree weather–despite popular belief amongst officers. Having spent two full Mojave Viper’s (back in my day we called it CAX) at this shithole of a space in the desert, I can safely say there’s few places I’d consider it worse to be.
>>
File: AquaticTransport.jpg (491 KB, 1000x729)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
>>57960005
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_fighter_boat

>These aquatic assault craft had the classic TIE cockpit, although it was elongated and was based on the TIE/sa bomber. It was piloted by two crewmembers (one pilot and one gunner), often seatroopers.
>The lower half of the solar panels were "bent" to form runners for the craft as it skimmed the water's surface. The upper half of the solar panels had been removed for improved visibility

no picture though, but the AT-AT swimmer has a picture.

>>57960019
AFAIK 29 palms is in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and is a terrible, very boring deployment. IIRC it's also in the desert
>>
File: Degenerate.jpg (15 KB, 480x350)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>57960060
When will this madman be stopped?
>>
File: Waveskimmers-GIE.jpg (461 KB, 1858x1274)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>57960081
>the virgin TIE Boat vs. the chad AQ-5 Waveskimmer

Only one of these vehicles is canon.
>>
>>57959493
Del Meeko is garbage- He should be less random, and cost a point less.

Hask is a point overpriced.

Iden is Both too high of a PS (Player Characters are traditionally PS 7) and her ability is WILDLY overpowered.

The upgrades are all over the place, balance-wise, and some are worded wrong.
>>
>>57960036
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/6Dnax
>>
File: 1510322055902.png (383 KB, 595x485)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
>>57960036
No idea, sorry. Got it off one of these threads a few months back. Probably. Honestly I've got so many pics of SW ships now I don't remember.
>>
>>57960161
These were in Rogue Squadron, no?
>>
>>57960201
Thanks, I will reach out to him. Pure Sabacc makes the most sense to make an alt-art for, right?
>>
>>57960181
>Del Meeko is garbage.
He's an engineer, so I wanted his ability to reflect that.
>Iden is overpriced
If Howlrunner is PS8 I think Iden could be. The idea is to give TIE Fighters so better Pilots and abilities so they can compete in the current meta. I'll concede on her ability, I think I'll change it to specifcially ships in Range 1.
>upgrade as shit, etc.
You're going to have to give me a little more constructive criticism on this.
>>
>>57960275
Yep they were, but I first saw them when reading "Leia and the Great Island Escape" for a rpg game based on Sesid.
>>
a little tall for a Stormtrooper
>>
>>57960342
>If Howlrunner is PS8 I think Iden could be
Howlrunner wasn't a player character and I'm pretty sure Iden's piloting record won't even come close to the stuff Farlander, Stele, and Azzameen did in the flight sims.
>>
>>57959049
Hmm. A fair point. I keep forgetting about activation being a thing despite being a core mechanic.
>>
>>57960342
Compare Meeko's ability to Chewbacca, and his point cost to Dark Curse, as well as his 3 HP.

For Iden, the things keeping TIES out of the meta is
- Bombs
- Turrets that never engage
- Red dice creep 1-shotting TIEs.

Iden just makes tgem hit harder, and adding a hit is brutal. Make it in her arc instead if you want to encourage traditional game mechanics, range 1-3 if you want it to be powercreep. Make the bonus damage from other primary weapons and in-arc only to avoid combos.

On the upgrades I have no phonevbattery left, will reply soon.
>>
>>57960428
>What is scale
>>
>>57960502
just a joke my man
>>
>>57960558
Some jokes are markedly more funny than others
>>
>>57960558
Remove that rebel and add an ARF trooper and it'll be perfect.
>>
File: PAY-Storm-Trooper-Dog.jpg (29 KB, 615x346)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>57960610
>ARF trooper
>>
>>57960080

So 29 Palms is just the real-life military equivalent of Tatooine?
>>
>>57960636
Good boy.
>>
>>57960671
>So 29 Palms is just the real-life military equivalent of Tatooine?

No. There's actually stuff to do on Tatooine. 29 Palms almost never lets lower enlisted off-base because they don't want them in Vegas. On Tatooine, you can actually get to Toshi Station. Luke goes and picks up Power Converters, remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpUkokRx3-k
>>
>U-wing and X-wing pack, with new pilots for both and some X-wing specific upgrades

Holy fuck are they actually doing it?
Are they making the X-Wing fucking viable? AND the U-Wing?

Fucking christ, I didnt realise FFG were sending me valentines gifts this year.
>>
File: swx74_spread.png (576 KB, 700x555)
576 KB
576 KB PNG
>>57960852

BEHOLD
>>
How mad would you be if your FFG GM made a Nemesis-level adversarial bounty hunter/assassin named Yas Kween who hated your character because he was male
>>
>>57960877

>opening and closing s-foils
>closed gets a Boost
So presumably open gets a weapons buff of some kind?
My fucking dick could not be more hard rn.
>>
>>57960891

Not at all. That's just another part of the price our gender has to pay for benefitting from the patriarchy.
>>
>>57960891
I mean first off I'd question why my character has spontaneously changed genders.
Second off I'd be less angry and more completely befuddled. How and why did such a thing make it through censors? Is such heavy-handed inclusion parodical in nature (one would assume so).

That wouldn't elicit anger so much as an eye roll.
>>
File: Wedge.jpg (102 KB, 483x729)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>57960852
Can't wait to pimp Wedge up for my triple PS11 list.
>>
>>57960877

>>57960950
I just wish I could get Tycho or Corran in X-Wings for the full Rogue Squadron experience.
Or, you know, Kell, Tyria, Face, Runt, Phanan, Myn, Lara, fucking ANY member of Wraith Squad other than Wedge and Wes. Please god.
>>
>>57960978
>suffer 1 damage to change all focus to critical
That's gonna get stuuuuupid.
>>
>>57961064
DAY OF THE ADVANCED TORPEDO NOW MY BORTHER
>>
>>57961084
dude

outrider

dash rendar

saw

turreted HLCs
>>
>>57960978

Okay, so. Closed looks like it makes you a 2 die primary, but you get to boost and also treat some manuevers differently, maybe more greens on straights?

Open also gives you a new action, probably BR, and looks like it lets you treat your 3 turns as 3 T-rolls.
>>
>>57960978
For real, where the fuck is the Two-tubes crew/pilot?
>>
>>57961103

I was trying to work out what that was, but a T-roll makes a lot of sense.
Especially with Barrel Rolls alongside.
>>
>>57960978

Renegade Refit, or whatever that is

Is it just me or does that say 'You may equip ________ Modification'

Two mods for X-Wings?
>>
>>57961176
Yes, they don't want you to choose between S-Foils and Integrated.
>>
>>57961188
Integrated Astromech always bugged me in fluff because it implies a permanently mounted astromech. Which I don't think was ever done on an X-Wing except the Legends NJO ones.
>>
>>57959493
>>57960496
>>57960342
>>57960181

OK, from the top.

Comparing Del to Dark Curse, he is overpriced. Then, his ability is random, making him not a viable option. Then, assuming that his 37% chance of working was 100%, he'd still be bad, as he has 3 health- 2 cards to potentially flip down.

Change Del to 16 points, make his ability. "When you are dealt a faceup damage card, you may discard it immediately (without resolving its effect)" Remove his EPT if you want to un-power creep him and keep him in line with the other TIE fighters. Power creep him if you want to have him maybe see play.

Hask is both a point more expensive than Scourge and Mauler, and his ability is drastically worse. Lower his cost to 17, and then change his ability to "When attacking, you may spend a Focus or Evade token to add a (crit) result".

Iden is a piloting PC- Her PS should be 7 to be the same as Maarek, Keyan, Dash, etc. If you don't change her PS, leave her cost at 19. If it goes down, decrease it to 18.

Then, her ability. If you want it to be good game design, arc should matter. Make it only work in your firing arc. If you want it to be power creep to make massed TIEs good, make it work at range 1-3 in her arc. Then to prevent combos, it should only work on in-arc primary weapon shots for the other ships.

For rebel Del and Iden, ships traditionally change pilot ability when they switch faction. Now especially with the 2 new T-65 fix cards FFG put out, an ability as strong as Iden's would potentially make Iden+2 wookiees ruin the game. I would ditch the two for now, and redesign them later after we see what the new Refit and mod do.

Going on from here, to the upgrades.

Your first title makes the ship a wannabe TIE/fo, and while it gives them Torp slots, it does not give them a way to get a TL to shoot them. Then, no mods are presently good on TIE fighters. RAW, it also lets you put it on TIE/SF's, and thats not something you intend at present I assume?
>>
File: Tatooine.png (604 KB, 1382x589)
604 KB
604 KB PNG
>>57960080
The funny thing is- they haven't even been to Darwin yet!
>Is 100F, in the shade
>Oh its 99% humidity all the time, except when there's a hurricane
>Thats a nice beach... except for the 15ft crocs, bull sharks, stingrays and poisonous jellyfish
>The women are all uggos
>The women who are 6-weeks in and maybe a 5/10 charity fuck are probably diseased with some cock mauling bacteria
>Police 'brutality' for drunks- then they hand you over to the MP's for 'illegal in 3rd world countries brutality'
>It is literally 3000km away from anything remotely mediocre and about 5000km from anywhere normal
>You would rather fight the taliban with a fruit knife than start a fight with the locals, who all hate anyone in a uniform
>Everything (alcohol) is expensive

The only worse place I've been is out in bumbfuck Saudi Arabia where you spend you time cleaning the sand out of everything, finding new/interesting ways to torture one another and giving speeches to the knuckle draggers to tell them, don't hurt em hammer- they're not all poofters they just like holding hands with other men and fucking unattended livestock. Except Thursday- it gets all hard-gay on Thursday
Anyone leaving the base is also liable to have some kind of 'incident' which would lead to war or getting kicked out.
>>
>>57958710
AT-DP
AT-ST Hunter / Kashyyyk version
AT-MP
AT-ST/Assault
AT-CT
etc.
>>
>>57961291
>man love Thursdays
How did that even become a thing?
>>
>>57961214
And it's kinda counter-intuitive considering you dump it so it takes damage instead of you.

Should be called Deintegratable Astromech.
>>
>>57961327
Ablative astromech, maybe.
>>
>>57961327
Or "Improvised Countermeasures"
>>
>VT-49 Decimator can't actually attatch the ramming thing from stay on target
1 HP is a load of bullshit
>>
File: you broke it.jpg (58 KB, 615x480)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>57961318
Religion, really pretty donkeys, really ugly women and basically no cunt is getting married unless its arranged, but you can almost guarantee she's an uggo + close relative so you can spawn some more mutants.
>>
>>57961363

R2-DCoy
>>
>>57961318
No women unless you've got many dollars to buy one from her dad, and no whores, so everybody's prison gay
>>
>>57961318
Oh, and it's on Thursdays so you can go to hajichurch on Friday and say 'sorry lol' immediately after
>>
>>57961229
Afternburner is a potential disaster waiting to happen- SLAM is heavily restricted for a reason, Burnout is one time use only. What do you intend for that card to do? I can tell you now it's going to go onto Nym, and not on a TIE fighter. I would re-do this one from scratch.

Both of the droids need a more specific timing window. When during the activation phase? Before you move? after you move? I would have your title add Target Lock, and then just have it give a free action from your bar. However, I would have it happen at the start of activation, to stop it from being "advanced Sensors, but scarier"

Laser barrage is kinda "eh". It should be worded

"Recieve one Jam token. During the combat phase, you may roll 2 additional dice when attacking"

However, that means you get no mods on your 4 die attack- and since it takes an action, you effectively lose a mod.

Try this-

TIE Fighter only. (Galactic Empire Only)

"Once per round after you perform an attack, you may perform another attack. If you do so, receive one Jam token"

That stops red dice creep, and allows for better burst damage.

Corvus needs to be worded like the Gozanti- Deployed ships need to come from out the front or the back guides. Otherwise, it has nowhere to place the back of the template from and RAW can't deploy.

Del Meeko crew is spicy garbage. Look at Jerjerrod- he works automatically, doesn't give you an extra damage for doing that, costs the same, and we all know Jerjerrod is fucking terrible. You want him to make crits less bad? Stress token to flip a crit face down or something.

Iden has 2 very, very powerful abilities. Cut one of them. What do you want her to do?

Hask should be worded as-

After you perform an attack that does not hit, you may spend a focus token to immediately perform a primary weapon attack. During this attack, you may change all of your (focus) results to (hit) results You cannot perform another attack this round.
>>
>>57961229
>>57961456
>>57959493
to build on this, the things that are keeping TIE fighters down are

- Wookiees. No ifs about it, Reinforce on a ship with agility at that price point (non-epic) makes TIEs pointless.

- Bombs. You have 3 health and no shields. There are a lot of you. AoE bombs will fuck you.

- Turrets that don't need to engage. Shit like Miranda, Nym, and Dash don't need to look at you to deal damage, and they don't expect to. They are very difficult to catch with TIE fighters.

- Red Dice creep- Have you ever Seen Rey one-shot a TIE? It happens pretty often. Stuff like Asajj can do it too, Fenn Rau, etc.

What you need to do to make TIE fighters good is going to have to make changes to the game to make ships that intend to win by shooting the opponent with their primary arc good, and that will require more than an expansion.
>>
>>57961318
You know how after too much time on /k/ and no gf dudes go gay initially for traps and then later just more generally?
It's like that
>>
>>57960798
You can always put your camp in Bumfuck, Tatooine, two hours travel from Mos Eisley, eight if you want to avoid the Realms of the Banjo-Playing Sand People.
>>
File: Outrider-SOTETC.jpg (358 KB, 1327x988)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>57961099
Yeah I think Saw on a HLC Dash is going to be legit. You'll only use it once or twice a game, but you only need it once or twice. I would gladly trade one HP to deal two face up cards to Miranda. You basically get rid of the downside of HLC. And God help the Decimator or Ghost that takes four crits from Dash. That's a game winner right there. The fact you still have the points for a 42-43 point wingman is icing on the cake.

I'm trying this once it comes out.
>>
File: pure front.png (1.31 MB, 1400x1000)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>57960319
>>57960201
Here's hoping he doesn't want too much money for the right to use his art. I want to be able to give these out en-masse.
>>
>>57961122
He is right there, as an X-Wing pilot under his real name, Erdio.
>>
>>57961760
>>57961099
Real talk- Saw on dash is not going to be anywhere near as good as Rey on dash currently is.

I can go more in depth why, but you usually don't get that many focus results dash's 10 health is precious, and Miranda is fully capable of getting into the doughnut.

Saw is pretty heavily outclassed by Rey, but Rey is severely undercosted.
>>
>>57961847
Ah, that's comforting. All is right with the world
>>
File: eeeeeey!.jpg (66 KB, 768x432)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>57961415
Maybe you get lucky and your dad knows a guy, just go out the back, he's got what you need!
>>
>>57961945
Let's be real, around there "knows a guy" means "has a brother"
>>
>>57961848
Then you don't use Saw if it isn't advantageous. It's not like you're going to be using him every round, but he allows a massive spike in your potential damage output that is also independent action economy so Fenn can't touch it. You don't take damage if your opponent has blinded pilot, weapons disabled, or they're dead because you pushed a DH through. I'm also running stims and CM, with a full kit PS11 Poe.

Yeah I get it, Rey is better on the math wing where you get a free focus most rounds. And if Miranda is getting in the doughnut regularly you either suck at flying or she's SLAMing into not being able to shoot. Either way Dash's wingman should be covering him.
>>
>>57961760
I think Saw will be better on Miranda

You can either shove Sabine onto another ship or don't take her at all. Non-bomber Miranda with TLT+Harpoons+Gudiance+Saw sounds gud
>>
>>57962229
Scratch the TLT in favor of synch, or even naked Primary
>>
File: 1515451566356.png (935 KB, 1024x616)
935 KB
935 KB PNG
>>57961848
>>57962211

Also, we're in the stage of a new release where people are going to try and come up with new stuff from the new cards. A lot of it isn't going to be great, especially because we don't know a lot of things yet, but something in those two expansions is going to be part of the new meta. People trying out "stupid stuff" and seeming less efficient things is how you get the next Kanan/Fenn. Trying to shut that down is both stupid because you'll be stuck in your old ways, and denies one of the most fun aspects of the game for those of us that are veterans.
>>
File: Wroonian.png (343 KB, 298x478)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>57956954

I've been told D6 is the best system for starfighter combat. Any advice for running it?
>>
>>57962284
I'm not trying to shut anyone down. I'm saying Dash likely isn't the place for SAW-

what you need is a ship that has health to burn, and generates too many focus results that it cannot modify on offense. Dash can and will slow roll to avoid that by building a huge pile of tokens.

Norra is likely a better fit.
>>
>>57962324
Use a battle mat is the one I've heard.
>>
>>57959493
you forgot the fourth member

the book did mention that they did some missions before she died
>>
>>57960342
>>57960181
How did the quoting here get so messed up?
>>
>>57962337
>R2D2 Norra with Saw

Sign me up. Cheaper than Expertise, although you lose the defensive bonus
>>
>>57962429
*defensive bonus from PTL/C-3PO
>>
>>57962440
You could run the Sheathipede just to toss out extra actions.
>>
Whoever linked the time-travelling Obi-Wan fic in the last thread, I fucking hate you. I read 38 chapters of it before giving up.
>>
How does Rebel Captive/Death Troopers sound on a Reaper (or even a shuttle?)
>>
>>57962719
Not enough crew, death troopers take 2.

You could do it on the decimator
>>
File: OG-9_CG.jpg (57 KB, 645x550)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Are these artillery walkers?
>>
>>57962719
Whoops forgot it was two crew; Decimator, then?
>>
>>57962745
I always saw them as heavy assault units.
>>
>>57962738
What about Death Troopers on Stridan?
>>
File: 1517657107720.jpg (1.49 MB, 1920x2743)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>57961769
where do you go to get custom cards made, and is there a template for the Game-related text?
>>
>No new armada announcement
>No new legion announcement

Well fuck me.
>>
>>57962719
>>57962738
>>57962832
Death Troopers on a Deci is a bad idea- The Decimator is actually an arc dodger- if it's getting shot, it takes damage, and damage is not something that it wants to take.

>>57962958
This is potentially some dank meme shit. If you shoot anything but Stridan (since Range 3 of a large base ship is a 680mm wide bubble and the board is 900x900 mm) and Stridan was in your arc, you get stressed. Put something like Stridan and a pair of TIE/X7's?

Stridan will run you 38 with Sensor Jammer and Optics That's enough for Inquisitor and whatever is good that costs 31 that shooting is a waste of time?

Or Soontir, Stridan, and 27 of stuff- If you could have shaved a point somewhere, Stridan, Soontir, Delta seems like a good list.
>>
>>57962975
Which style of card design do you want to have yours made in?

Upgrade or pilot?
>>
>>57963048
Armada's last wave only just came out a week ago, and Legion has been getting articles every few days.
>>
>>57963116
>>57962958
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!229:44,139,139,254,204:-1:19:;68:-1,-1:33:-1:;68:-1,-1:33:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Bombardiers are a Stand-in for Death Troopers.

Death Troopers still gives stress even if Stridan is not a valid target- Eg- If he is bumping you. If he's bumping you and you are ionized, he will keep bumping you. he can Stop and PA for actions, and bank a focus. Deltas are there to harass the shit out of stuff.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1475870630749.jpg (196 KB, 640x460)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>"Save the Rebellion! Save the dream!"
lmao still the stupidest quote in a star wars movie
>>
>>57963231
It really is a dream now that the entire rebellion can fit comfortably in one small ship
>>
>>57963231
>lmao still the stupidest quote in a star wars movie
Nah, it's not the spark which lights the fire which ignites the bud that was pressed into the bowl that directs the smoke through the bong water and into the lungs of the guys who wrote the sequel trilogy.
>>
>>57963334
This is the hardest I’ve laughed all day.

Cause that was truly a stupid line.
>>
File: 1274568908056.jpg (67 KB, 467x700)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>57963132
lets go with pilot, because that seems like it would be more complex

for an example I want to use this art for my Double Edge because why not...
>>
File: Resistance_Base.jpg (331 KB, 1920x800)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>57963248
It really seemed like the Resistance was supposed to be bigger in TFA, roughly on par with the Rebel Alliance; at least a reasonably-sized fleet to their name. But apparently in TLJ they just had four capital ships and a few squadrons of fighters?

Or am I just imagining the implied size of the Resistance in TFA? If nothing else, it feels like a group that was formed to fight a proxy war against the First Order should at least have some heft to it.
>>
>>57962719
I see the 18 point tie shuttle with death troopers as being a potentially hilarious ship. It's not even worth LWF, don't bother, but it would force a lot of ships to go after it rather than a fragile ace on the joust. It's pretty much the opposite of Rebel Captive, that you could also stack with Rebel Captive. I'm going to have to try that.
>>
>>57963048

It has been 65 days since the last X-Wing news.

We needed it.
>>
>>57963462
It was actually smaller then I expected in TLJ. Made even worse by the ending where the Resistance consist of 8 people. I can only assume that their are Resistance units that are located throughout the galaxy, had already evacuated the base before the movie even began like the Rebellion fleet in ANH (or how you dont even see it and suddenly they exist in ESB)
>>
>>57963672
I can only assume when Leia referred to contacting "allies" she meant other Resistance cells, and said cells didn't come to their aid on Crait because they were tied up with the First Order in their own regions.
>>
I'm more and more convinced that the single biggest problem in the Sequels is seriously the total lack of exposition on the state of the galaxy.

Like >>57963890. That would have been a great time for some dialogue about how the New Republic is in disarray, and how the First Order was launching a massive offensive, but no. Nothing exists outside of what's seen on screen, because politics and logistics are boring.
>>
>>57963395
That was initially a whisper alt art, and honestly, that isn't good art. The face is all fucked up.

And by what style, i meant how much of the card do you want to be art, how much do you want to be card text- do you want it to look like a FFG card? more minimalist?
>>
File: 1516191039248.jpg (486 KB, 1100x1500)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>57963955
ha was it, I just had near the top of my starwars folder

something more like this or >>57961769, full art with minimal obstruction
>>
File: eotemini.jpg (7 KB, 300x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Has anybody used rules for miniatures in the Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPGs (Edge, Age, Force)? I am soon going to DM for a group and one of my players said they would have trouble with focusing on just story, and I remembered that he is a fan of X-wing Miniatures and I thought that Minis would help not only the Player, but also get the group as a whole get involved.

thanks
>>
File: Rebel_Fighter_WIP_03.jpg (388 KB, 1920x768)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>57963462
At the end of Bloodlines it was literally a handful of people- old grogs from the Rebellion era, some ex-NR military, crazy old war vets, various other people on Leia's side of the argument in the senate and really not a hell of a lot. By the time of TFA it only looked to be about 2-3 company's worth of troops + support at best and down to happy thoughts for gear and ships.
Which on a galactic scale of things is fuck all.
By the TLJ they seemed to have some more stuff because 'lol shit blew up' and some more supporters scattered around the place, but they seem to have been compromised as well
>>
File: 1514286239475.jpg (861 KB, 1800x1189)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
>>57963953

It seems to me the sequels are offering pretty much par with OT for exposition dump.

We might just be conditioned from the exposition-in-place-of-story that the PT was. Or that the WEG books provided a background bible that was taken for granted for decades before the PT.
>>
>>57964187

I like the Ninka. Don't (You) at me.
>>
>>57964222

Don’t worry, Holdo. It’s a perfectly good ship.
>>
>>57964348
>It’s a perfectly good ship.
>>
>>57964078
That's just a mini from the Wizards Star Wars miniatures game
>>
>>57963231
>stupid

I quite liked it actually. It's a sendoff to send Jyn on her mission for the rest of the film
>>
>>57963116
>>57963194
You could do Stridan, Soontir, and Sabacc for 98

Or Stridan, Soontir, and Omega Leader for 99

Double Delta/x7s are fun but they're low PS and live off their evade tokens.

Harpoon Rhos might fit too
>>
>>57964029
The fact that I posed cards like that Wampa with the printer bleed included is really annoying.

Honestly, that one came from an online template. find one you like,

Or go make your own with the assets-

https://github.com/geordanr/xwing-miniatures-font
>>
>>57960703
Oh look, another "Empire are the good guys" faggot.
>>
>>57964590
>they're low PS and live off their evade tokens.

is that a problem? The current meta is a PS race, and damage is done via TLT excessively. Soontir works, but he also lives on his tokens. Omega Leader can't really hold up, and Pure- Holy shit does he not want any part of the VCX.

At least the Deltas can fuck something pretty badly.
>>
File: 20180213212429_1.jpg (119 KB, 1280x1024)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
I think I need to Rename Centares into "Secutor Slaughterhouse" because holy shit the Greater Maldrood must have sacrificed at least two dozen of the bastards trying to take it back.

Two Hypervelocity guns on the surface, 2 Golan-III defense platforms, 2 VSD-IIs, a Corellian Corvette and a Nebulon B backed by a level 2 shipyard summoning in infinite waves of Carrack Cruisers and Corellian Corvettes (When the previous ships are destroyed) The defense has so far been unbreakable.

>>57957802
Yuck, just give them fucking Torpedoes dammit dave.
>>
>>57964486
He just feels so detached from what he's saying. It's hard to consider his message genuine with how frivolously he opts out of the entire conflict, too. He could have easily escaped death but he decided not to. He could have helped Jyn but decided not to. He was a useless character that could have been replaced with a nameless guard and nothing about the story would have changed. In fact it would have been a hell of a lot cooler to see Whitaker making a cameo as just some prison guard with a bum leg.
>>
File: 20180213215938_1.jpg (114 KB, 1280x1024)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>57964751
So many secutors.
>>
>>57963231
>>57963248
>Tfw you lay down your life so a few years later some screeching retard can blow up the New Republic you fought so hard to build

How do you thing Saw reacted to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HmWDdmTAE8
>>
>>57964912
Saul didnt give a shit about a NR. He fought to defeat the Empire, not necessarily for the restoration of the Republic
>>
BOW play through for those that missed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr9x3ducl18
>>
>>57964780
>Frivolously dropped out of the conflict

To be honest, he doesn't feel like he's dropped out of the conflict; on the contrary, he feels the mainline Rebellion isn't doing enough to fight the Empire. He's the one going to the fight, not away from it.

>He could've escaped death, but decided not to

The man was debilitated cripple. The planet was folding over like a Pizza in the hands of a New Yorker. He would have just slowed Jyn and Cassian down; he'd rather die proudly than risk letting anyone who had the message about the Death Star perish.

>He could have helped Jyn...

He did though. He gave her the message. Without it, no one would have known what the Death Star was to warn the Rebellion, much less that it had a fatal flaw.

I will somewhat concede two things:

>[he] could have been replaced with a nameless guard

I wouldn't say nameless guard, but making him Saw Gerrera from the TCW series was kind of gratuitous and a reference many didn't get. He could've been anyone really (named character that is) with a connection to Jyn and the impact would've been the same in the context of the film.

I do think it improved Saw Gerrera as a character though; now he has a lot more meaning than "that one guy from those TCW episodes"

>It's hard to consider his message genuine
Sort of. The guy was an excommunicant from the Rebel Alliance, so it's weird he's suddenly wishing for its survival. Still, it's probably to symbolize he's always loved and dreamed of the "good fight" of the Alliance, and at heart supported the Rebellion, even if he disagreed with its leadership.
>>
File: Partisan Flag.png (37 KB, 800x533)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>57964964
speaking of Saw, has anyone made a Che Guevara poster of Saw Gerrera yet?
>>
>>57964751
>>57964833
what mod
>>
File: file.png (4 KB, 244x142)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Hey, any of you chucklenuts play on roll20?

any of you know why my NPC weapon roll broke like this?
>>
So, some people are theorizing that "Renegade Refit" applies to X-Wings and the U-Wings because of the spacing vs Servomotor S-Foils.

This means at the very least, multiple modifications for the U-Wing and X-Wing, possibly a point reduction (assuming it's Chardaan Style).
>>
>>57964751
>>57957802
>>57958049
For what it's worth the mini-death laser was A, experimental, B, prone to fuck-ups, and C, pretty much burns out your ship entirely, which is pretty antithema to Rebel star conflict doctrine.
>>
>grindfest mobile game has more respect to KOTOR material than TOR or anything from the new canon
it hurts bruthas
>>
>>57965162
The demo for Thrawn's Revenge 2.2 It's the Hunt for Zsinj complete with the Rogues, the Wraiths, the evil Night Caller.

Three factions and a tiny microstate to start. Zsinj, Teradoc's Greater Maldrood(Including Leona Tavira's pirates), The one-system antimeridian fleet that is just there for Maldrood to beat up and recruit. And the New-Republic-Main Remnant alliance which is a good deal more concrete than it actually was in Solo Command: They start as literally the same faction but when the Iron Fist is destroyed Rogriss and the rest of the remnant break off.

Zsinj's death also causes the Corporate Sector to leave his faction in the same scripted event, creating five full factions plus Antimeridias if you forgot to destroy them as the Greater Maldrood.

Technically if you start as the Alliance Hapes doesn't join you till you get a mission on day/week five that lats four more days/weeks/whatever after sending Leia.
>>
>>57965817
But it was so damn cost effective.

-So easy to build it could be made by a single guy on a planet with scraps on his spare time.
-Doesnt require ammo (like Proton Torpedoes)
-One pilot has the destructive potential in one pass of a team, if not a squadron saving both pilots and ships.

Could you imagine a squadron of B-Wings armed with those going around going ham on the Imperial ISDs without ever needing to return to base to reload?

So the hyperdrive doesnt work, who cares, make pocket carriers like the Night Caller to carry them.
>>
>>57965898
Is Maldrood playable? All the new factions they're adding sound pretty interesting.
>>
>>57965916
It tool that guy years to produce one fighter and the ship was not stable
>>
So my pals are open to the idea, but I need a little inspiration, a sexy campaign, what are some good in canon set pieces for the magical realms in a galaxy far far away, and what are some that could be made up without hurting thematics
>>
>>57965985
Maldrood is playable in the demo and the beta, but Zsinj is currently broken on the ground in the demo. His AA turrets do not fire and his garrison buildings spawn two lone infantryman.

Also, and this may be era-based but they're apparently taking away Maldrood's Gladiators in the Beta vs the Demo.

THe gladiators themselves were pretty trash but they carried two squads of Skiprays, and 24 Skiprays really really rape face.
>>
>>57966095
Fuck off pervert
>>
>>57966030
Ya 1 guy and he was making it up as he thought of it. Once he provided the completed blueprints to a manufactory company it could be made in no time. As we know from the fact the B-Wing doesnt take years to proceed in the lore and the only difference is that it is missing the gun.

Also the only problem with the ship is the super laser was preventing the hyperdrive from working. I wouldnt really say it is "not stable." Just remove the hyperdrive and put it a power supply for the gun there instead.

Fuck it you dont even need the ship. Put a few of those guns on CR-90s and watch them go to town on Imperial ships. That laser is an abomination
>>
>>57965916
The amount of repairs needed after firing one shot makes it less efficient than firing a proton torpedo. If the rebels did field them in any significant numbers, the imperials would pretty quickly concentrate all fire on any B-wing sighted within a light year of an SD.
You would have a squadron of overpriced hangar queens.
>>
>>57966146
The laser probably didn't scale well. Or maybe just has to be hand crafted, and nobody could match that dude's work

And once again the fact that it made the hyperdrive shit the bed made it border line useless for the hit-and-run rebels
>>
>>57966095
Can’t go wrong with Zeltrons. And if you need some sort of “campaign” just rip off any campy 80s sex-comedy.

>oh no!
>a faleen mogul is seeking to buy out prince Coroman’s topless beach resort!
>can you uncover the secret Black Sun connection and save the wet T-shirt contest?
>can you choose between the busty togrutua or the svelte twilek? Both are willing to do what it takes to get your vote

There’s something there
>>
In EoTE, is paying for repairs at the dock the only real way to get your ship back up and running?

I don't have the book in front of me, but it looks like the cost for repairs is 500c per hull point. Is there anyway our ship mechanic can do repairs or lower the cost outside of rigging it into some sort of deathtrap?

>Ship lost about half its hull last fight.
>Only our second ship v. ship combat.
>Heavily implied we're going to be targeted when we try to get off world.
We definitely learned from the experience, but the enemies had some nasty damage rolls.
>>
>>57966099
Where do I get the beta? It's not on the moddb.
>>
>>57966215
If you can’t challenge the mechanic to a game of sabaac with repairs vs the ship itself as the stakes then are you even playing Star Wars?
>>
File: I CAME TO RAPTOR.jpg (819 KB, 658x900)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
OFFICIAL ZSINJ THEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5LSk-pYtI
>>
>>57966152
Except the machine didnt break down after it fired the weapon. There was no indication it needed any repairs. In fact it continued to fight after the shot. 1 of those things is more efficient in cost, supplies, ammo, pilots, then a half a dozen non-super lasers B-Wings

>>57966165
Pocket carriers. The rebellion could easily have found use for them. And even then, it doesnt need to be on a B-Wing. You could replace the turret on a corvette with it and turn them into killers.

I could by the hand crafting thing though.
>>
>>57966282
>There was no indication it needed any repairs.
Quarrie talks about how it fries the insides in an earlier part of the episode
>>
>>57966257
It should be on moddb on friday allegedly? THe Zsinj-campaign demo is on Steam as well.
>>
File: ponda-baba-arm.jpg (91 KB, 800x384)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>57959019
>the jedi prefer to disarm rather than fight

Wow, Nucanon's actually right for once.
>>
File: owtheedge.jpg (42 KB, 400x366)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>57966278
That's some serious late 2000s throwback shit right there
>>
>>57966361
>Nucanon
Pretty sure that line was from TOTJ.
>>
>>57966215

If your mechanic has the raw materials, I think he can make a mechanics check like, once per "my ship is damaged" which heals like Mechanics normally, 1 HTT per Success. But I'm pretty sure you can't keep doing that unless you're buying more materials.

That said, your GM is a cockbite if it doesn't let you do something clever, like say, have somebody make a Negotiation check at the local spacedock to reduce the price and your mechanic does all the labor, they just provide parts or something.
>>
>>57966215
the 500 credit cost includes labor for another person to do it, special modifications puts the price at about half that if you do the labor yourslef
>>
File: LetterkennyProblems.png (504 KB, 1920x983)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>57961291
Man, I would watch the shit out of a Letterkenny Problems series but on Tatooine.
>>
Unpopular opinion, but it's occurred to be that Tie Defender is my least favorite mainline tie design
>>
File: vdvCSRg.gif (2.07 MB, 360x202)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB GIF
>>57966436
>Down the vapor-rator stand the other day when these 2 jawas roll up
>>
>>57966581
I used to think it was pretty dumb, since way back in the days of xwing vs tie fighter. But playing tabletop xwing more frequently and seeing it has made me like it. It's no tie interceptor (the best tie), but it's a cool dude.
>>
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_Gotra

New Canon's empire is a fucking joke. A SEPARATIST HOLDOUT can operate on FUCKING CORUSCANT with no issue. What the fuck.
>>
>>57967224
It's Coruscant, Coruscant is impossible to police.
>>
>>57967206
I have a defender for xwing, and back when I played, it and my striker were my staple imperial units, but I still think it looks...wonky I guess. I dunno, it just feels like the 3 sets of wings make it feel a bit lazy of a design.

I like that the imperials actually got around to making something as an xwing analogue, shielded fighter capable of independent hyperspace flight and better equipped than the standard fodder tie, but i feel like they could have had a better design than 'throw another wing set on an interceptor'
>>
>>57967547
I mean there's the avenger which is "Make the Interceptor's spar and cockpit section bigger and add pointy extensions to the back of the panels as well.
>>
>>57967547
> xwing analogue, shielded fighter capable of independent hyperspace flight and better equipped than the standard fodder tie
Isn't this exactly what the Assault Gunboat is?
>>
>>57967811
The skipray, or am I thinking of something else? If it is the skipray, maybe because they wanted something smaller, more single man. If you're talking about something else, then maybe they wanted it to be more in line of the iconic tie silhouette?

>>57967638
Just googled the avenger, and I honestly prefer the look of it more than a defender. It looks like an improved design, and not something Sienar cooked up in his spice lab
>>
>>57967935
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha-class_Xg-1_Star_Wing
>>
File: Star Wing Fractal 4k.jpg (699 KB, 3840x2160)
699 KB
699 KB JPG
>>57967811
>>57967935
The Skipray is the Blastboat, the Gunboat is this thing: The Cyngus Starworks Alpha-Class Xg-1 Star Wing Assault Gunboat.

It's more of an ARC/Y-Wing equivalent. Not quite an X-Wing in terms of speed and maneuverability.
>>
>>57967976
>>57967983
Ah, I see. They look pretty neat desu. Personally, I think theyd look better with the launchers underslung the lateral wings, and I could see a squadron of them being deadly in combat, but it looks like the defender would be more popular, purely based on it being a tie design
>>
File: TFU TIE boarding pods1.jpg (766 KB, 1024x1575)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
>>57967983
>>57968033
Speaking of which, I like to imagine that these one-appearance-wonders from the TFU2 comic were the contest prototypes that lost out against the Gunboat.

They fill pretty much the same role, dual frontal warhead launchers, ion cannon capability etc.
>>
>>57968033
>...where did that desu come from?
>>
>>57968070
word filter by hiroshimoot
>>
>>57968069
>2 pods not used by the pilot
>3 boarding pods

Uh, wut? Otherwise, I like seeing all these crazy tie variants in action.
>>
So lets have a Force debate. What do you think of the Sith and Dark Siders?

Personally I think Dark Siders aren't naturally evil, you'd generally find more assholes among them, but not all of them would want to twirl their mustache and make great plans of taking over the Galaxy.

Meanwhile the Sith are literally driven by greed, its in their ideology, so its very hard to be an actual full Sith with a belief in the code and not be an evil maniac throwing lightning around and yelling about unlimited power.

I mean shit the one time the Sith were winning by actually being smart and not Sithing themselves, Darth Bane came in and decided that they weren't being Sith enough so purged them all through a ruse. And he's not regarded as a traitor who ruined the war effort, but as a prime example of a good Sith. So no, I don't think Sith can generally be good guys unless they abandoned half their ideology.
>>
>>57968190
Oh boy, here we go again.
>>
>>57968190
I think it's very possible for a bog standard dark side practitioner to be, if not a Good Guy, at least not a Bad Guy. Still probably a self serving dick, but not 'Unlimited! Power!' Sheevy P levels.

Sith on the other hand, are crazy excessive by nature. Only way to succeed by following their ideology is to be as evil as possible.
>>
>>57968190
>What do you think of the Sith and Dark Siders?

That Windu should have been a Dark Sider (not a Sith, tho). Calling upon anger is wrong and strengthens the Dark Side. Period. End of story. They don't get to make up bullshit about the one super-special fighting style that gives all the awesome combat benefits of being a Dark Sider, while not being evil. It's worse than fucking Drizzt.
>>
>>57968100
They do seem to have ports on the back judging from the panel above.
>>
>>57968303
>It's worse than fucking Drizzt.

Huh. Drizzt and Mace DO end up as kind of the "awesome fighter who's a loner that nobody can understand" character.

I always felt that Mace's lightsaber style came about because the late 90s were edgy antiheros, and Lucas tapped into that zeitgeist. Which I agree is 100% out of place in the Jedi Temple. Mace as a troubled Jedi Knight who's on the brink of falling but they keep him around because he's That Good at fighting is a much more interesting character than the jedi Master who's basically the opposite of what a Jedi Master is supposed to be.

>also, fuck purple lightsabers. Red (Sith), Green (Living Force advocate), Blue (Unifying Force advocate). That's enough, and a gay rainbow of lightsaber colors cheapens them.
>>
>>57968271
The ONLY way I could see Sith becoming less mustache twirling is if they abandoned at least half of their teachings, and then somehow survive without Darth Edge shitting the bed and having them go back straight to the retards they were.

>>57968303
>>57968356
I think Mace Windu represented just how far the Jedi Order itself was falling. Going simply by his actions in Episode III, Windu is a Jedi who has fallen but both refuses to admit it and can't see that he has. Basically like Atris from KOTOR2.
>>
>>57964964
I read it as ‘save the rebellion’ lower case rather than ‘the Rebellion’.
>>
>>57965736
I could see that, could be interesting.
Combined with Pivot Wing title that’s be something very interesting on the U-wing for sure.
>>
>>57968303
I always liked to think that Windu actually was a darksider and nobody realized it, even him. From how the council talks in the prequels, their vision has been clouded by the darkside, and with how often they hung out with Sheev without them realizing it, they obviously were blind to darksiders.
Mace, with his whole thing being about turning the darkside against its users, on account of how he walked the line, could have slowly been corrupted by the power he wielded. I mean, there is precedent. Atris, I think her name was, in KotOR 2 collected a bunch of Sith holocrons in the name of science, and she went very sith without realizing it. I dont think it takes away from Mace's snowflake status, but it makes it a lot more reasonable.
>>
>>57957045
Resistance sux, my man.
>>
>>57968714
>Resistance sux, my man.
HOOPLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvdlSLbrCo
>>
>>57968767
...not gonna lie, that's honestly kinda appropriate given the Resistance's performance.
>>
Hey guys, about to run my first SAGA game, one of our groups houserules for PF/3.5 is to make full attacks standard actions so martials don't have to waste feats on pounce equivalents and aren't stuck in one place exclusively.

From what I've read this seems like it'd be an even better fit for SAGA due to how miserable dual-wielding/full attacking is in the system but I've never played it personally. Any input would be appreciated on the idea? If it'd break it completely I'd rather know now rather than having my game being dominated by darth maul-knockoffs
>>
What missiles or torps would you guys run on a OS-1 title'd Gunboat if you don't have access to Harpoons?
>>
>>57961125

Also, the open side appears to do something if you reveal a 1 Turn... which the X-Wings don't have.

Wut?
>>
>>57969360
Barrel roll using a 1 turn
>>
>>57969407

I could see it. But the word Reveal is right next to it.
>>
>>57969445
Might be a one bank but mangled a bit by artefacts/upscaling?
>>
>>57969486

Maybe? I was wondering if it was like Juno Eclipse, like, you reveal a 2-Turn or a 1-Bank and you turn it into a 1-Turn. But here wording is different.

Wait... they.. they wouldn't redo the X-Wings dial would they?

No. That can't be. They wouldn't give us just the one X-Wing dial if they did that.

I mean if it wasn't for them not having a 1-Turn, I'd swear this card would read something along the lines of

>Reveal a 1-Turn, you may treat it as a 3-TRoll instead

But where does the 1-Turn come from?

...waaaaait, ALL MANEOUVERS ARE BRACKETED!
BRACKETED!

THAT'S NOT A 1! THAT'S JUST A BRACKET!

So, anytime you do a 2-Turn or a 3-Turn, you can turn it into a Tallon Roll.

THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED.
>>
>>57969557
>it’s a bracket
>any 2 or 3 can become a tallon

Aww shit son. I’m down with this
>>
>>57969557
>>57969664
Also is it just me or does it look like stress *isnt* mentioned?
Making the t-65 outright fly circles around the t-70 and not get stressed doing it?
>>
>>57966146
It has a range of like 100 meters, that corvette might just as well ram the Imperial ship, result would be the same with both of them dead.

Also how do you figure that the composite laser is any more effective than a salvo of torpedoes? It wasn't an ISD they've destroyed, it was a Clone Wars-era 300 meters long light cruiser.

In fact in the Ghost of Geonosis the Ghost destroys an Arquintes-class cruiser with a pair of proton torpedoes.
>>
>>57969777

It might require you to flip the card though. I'd actually PREFER it to count the maneouver as being a Red maneouver DESU, as there are more than a few combo's I could do with that.

Like Hobbie with his Targeting Astromech for a start. Abusing the hell out of Stay on Target or Adrenaline Rush.

The fact that it specifies speed 3 T-Roll implies to me that it MUST cause stress (either by being red or in the manner of the second Falcon title) because speed 3 maneouvers aren't effected by R2 astromechs, which they wouldn't need to worry about if it didn't cause stress.
>>
>>57967224
Organized crime is rampant on Coruscant, because its a fucking city planet. It was that way in Legends, and its that way in canon.
>>
>>57969259
Probably plasma torps. The only other thing that comes close are cruise missiles but the Gunboats don't have the dial for it. Homing missiles if you have points to spare.
>>
File: Rian Johnson.jpg (298 KB, 1200x1431)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>57963334
>Nah, it's not the spark which lights the fire which ignites the bud that was pressed into the bowl that directs the smoke through the bong water and into the lungs of the guys who wrote the sequel trilogy.
>>
>>57968069
I wonder if we'll see these in X-Wing
>>
File: 1515655260174.png (99 KB, 1036x597)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>57971151
Fuck off faggot. He did the best he could do with the terrible set up from TFA. Blame JJ and KK with TFA being a poor beginning for a new trilogy.
>>
>>57971283
So then why'd he turn around and agree with KK on there being a plan? Why'd he only write the one draft? Why the internal consistency in his film? Why the continuity errors with TFA? Let alone the other films

Rian is a contrarian hack who cares more about subverting expectations than writing a film that follows from A - B
>>
>>57971339
*internal INconsistency
>>
>>57971339
Because he wants to keep his job? Talking bad about your boss is a quick way to get booted.
>>
>>57971359
*Infernal consistency
>>
>>57971339
Also what's the source on Rian only writing one draft your ass?
>>
>>57971401
>>57971402
>>57971408
JESUS FUCK HIVEMIND
>>
>>57971408
https://youtu.be/aWoeAXDIv7k

It's been around for awhile now
>>
>>57971408
So you're new to SWG then. That's okay. The source by the way is himself https://youtu.be/aWoeAXDIv7k
>>
>>57971424
The darkside of 4chan X
>>
>>57971401
So he made an inconsistent mess because he wanted to keep his job. Okay. That explains all the laziness
>>
>>57971448
Yep. All those notifications at once
>>
File: 1510315706042.png (568 KB, 656x654)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
>>57971283
>>57971339
>>57971401
>>57971408
>>57971436
>>57971440
>>57971460
God damn it are we really going to have the same argument we've had everyday for weeks AGIAN?
Fuck TLJ. It was a so-so film that doesn't merit this zombie like spam every day
>>
File: 1509314276046.jpg (52 KB, 634x650)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>57971469
>Until the connection errors again
>>
>>57971509
Sorry. I really don't want to do this again, but the newfag asked easily searchable questions. He looks stupid.I had to tell him the source. I agree that this happened every day must be tiresome.

>I'm only here half the days
>>
File: 2N2e5KW.jpg (623 KB, 1200x1800)
623 KB
623 KB JPG
>>57971509
No it was the best Star Wars film in 30 years. Only contrarians Lukefags, and theory autists disliked the film. It was beautifully made, narratively daring and provided unique insight into the force and what it means to be a Jedi.
>>
>>57971555
>caringabouttheskywalkerlineisracist.jpg
>>
>>57971555
>and provided unique insight into the force and what it means to be a Jedi.
Oh it's you. Fuck off. Go to /tv/ if you want to argue about movies.
>>
>>57971283
REMINDER that they approached RJ before they began to make TFA and he was "too busy" to help them hash out the plan he later admits exists.

REMINDER that he only wrote the first draft and rote it before TFA went into shooting
>>
>>57971575
You are the one that started it by shitting on based RJ
>>
File: 1457706955487.gif (2.79 MB, 300x252)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB GIF
>>57971555
This is a troll post by the way

He's derailed treads before with his constant shitposting. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS
>>57912724
>>
File: 1407118420794.jpg (61 KB, 700x700)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>
File: swg1.png (138 KB, 440x263)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>
File: 1513419108932.jpg (131 KB, 960x620)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>57971283
You have to be completely devoid of imagination if you can't think of a way to fix TFA setup instead of doubling down on every one of the most shitty points.
>>
>>57957816
Holy shit what ship is in the foreground?
>>
>>57971644
A U-Wing...?
>>
>>57966581
DELET
>>
File: DVrvTgcW4AEvunr.jpg (225 KB, 900x1200)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>arguing about TLJ again

let's talk about spaceships instead
>>
>>57971662
Sorry man I didn't know, cheers by the way it looks fucking sick.
>>
>>57971700
Man, that TLJ dreadnought was so fucking terrible, quite possibly the worst starship design ever drawn, and as it turns out Johnson was full of shit again and there wasn't a scene in the movie that required it to have a flat surface.
>>
>>57971700
The Gladiator class star destroyer is very cute
>>
>>57971721
FO Dreadnought looked completely fine. It's only problem was that FO leadership is retarded and took way to long to scramble the TIEs
>>
File: 1518418681995.jpg (557 KB, 970x545)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>57966581
I agree completely. It's cool until you see it. Then it looks like a triangle and for some reason that doesn't seem to work and you want to like it but...
>>
File: Demolisher-SWArmada.png (2.68 MB, 2000x1606)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>>57971730
true desu

I play Rebels in Armada where it's the scourge of my existence, but it's a cool design and breaks up the Empire's triangle spam while still looking like it belongs (same reason the Arq is so cute)
>>
Post you favorite freighters/fighters/corvettes!
>>
>>57971739
Seek immediate medical attention.
>>
File: RianJohnson.jpg (58 KB, 590x848)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>57971721
This isn't Johnson's fault

>>57971739
This is Johnson's fault
>>
File: first order pizza.png (2.43 MB, 1920x1080)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
>>57971739
>It's only problem
>26 dorsal AA guns and nothing else for AA
>>
>>57971804
It is Johnson's fault, the ILM guy said that Johnson requested it to be completely flat because some scenes required it.
>>
>>57971818
Yeah and? ISDs have zero point defense. Imperial doctrine has always been to use Fighters to defend against Fighters.
>>
>>57971818
>26 AA guns destroyed by a single fighter
>>
>>57971840
I guess he wanted the "Poe destroying the AA guns" scene to be on a flat surface. Lame excuse for a mediocre scene anyway.
>>
File: 1518154110665.png (1.11 MB, 1008x736)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>57971840
I'm not even going to ask for the source because at this point I unironically believe EVERYTHING that was bad about the film was at his involvement
>>
>>57971855
The amazing thing is that the same effect could have been done with the normal ISD angle. It's not steep.
>>
>>57971848
AA guns have one flaw... A
>>
>>57969259
Homing. Then Plasma, but Plasma makes you fly differently.

Just proxy harpoon desu.
>>
>>57971866
The sauce is this interview, first answer:
http://www.starwars.com/news/inside-two-deadly-new-first-order-vehicles-from-the-last-jedi
>>
>>57971889
He didn't care. If the fucker really wanted it to be angled but still be a difficult shit he could have done some dutch angle bullshit for the sequence.
>>
File: 1513892514616.png (745 KB, 1843x588)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
>>57971151
>>
>>57971895
Well Poe is PS9 so that point he was AAA to the Dreadnought's AA
>>
File: tlj_haters_btfo.png (57 KB, 1292x217)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>57971555
>>
File: Swerve.jpg (177 KB, 2400x1800)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>57971906
>Basically, it evolved from story reasons because Rian needed a new battleship in the script called the Dreadnought. Essentially, it needed to be a ground-firing gun platform, and the other limitations that Rian put on me was he needed and required a flat surface with gun turrets on it. So basically, it’s an armored gunboat, an armored gun platform. It’s sort of a heavy artillery that’s much bigger than a standard Star Destroyer, about two-and-a-half times the size of a standard Star Destroyer. That was the original brief to me.
Oh that first fucking Draft was a real killer! Streamlined the process SO much!
>>
so I want to paint all my tie frame starfighters in the blue/black scheme instead of the grey/black or black/white.

what would be a good way to differentiate tie/fo from tie/ln, keep the white panels or something else?
>>
File: 1453791168211.jpg (28 KB, 720x404)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>57971928
Cheeky fuck
>>
>>57971971
I think they went a bit overboard with the Tie designs
>>
>>57971971
/fo and /ln are inverted colors, basically (black becomes white and gray becomes black). I'd stick with doing it that way.
>>
File: 1503544731415.jpg (137 KB, 1520x1080)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>57971613
Your Waifu is the shitiest Waifu in the Business
>>
>>57971971
what the fuck is a TIE Lambda
>>
>>57971847
>ISDs have zero point defense.
That isn't the smartest idea, either. It certainly doesn't excuse the Mandy IV's piss-poor coverage.
>Imperial doctrine has always been to use Fighters to defend against Fighters.
The pizza slice has no fighters of its own. The decades-old ISD-II has 72 TIEs (basically mobile AA guns) covering 1.6 km worth of ship length while the ISS DiGiorno has 26 static guns covering basically half of a 7 km-long ship. It's dies-to-Pinooks levels of vulnerable.
>>
File: miningguild.jpg (402 KB, 1280x764)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>57971989
but every writer/video game/comic/movie needs it's own special variant
>>
>>57972012
Just like your pic Crabfag?
>>
File: 1516874946793.jpg (16 KB, 382x341)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>57972058
I don't know who/what either pic or Crab is. I just saved it for it's Sass.

I am willing to concede other Franchises will have their own Rian Johnson sabotaging things
>>
>>57971920

My sides have entered hyperspace.
>>
File: 1493178238989.jpg (71 KB, 1024x578)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>57971968
I hate this man the more I learn.... I long for the days of Lucas's skill and compitence
>>
>>57972228
Honestly this. Lucas was never an asshole to his actors. But Rian fuckin Johnson messed around with Hamill because Mark had critique of the way his character was written. Would it really of killed Rian to write a second draft?
>>
>>57972256
Apperently so because far as I can tell he has an ego bigger then starkiller base
>>
>>57972256
Why has disney green lit him for his own fucking trilogy? This man is going to be media poison soon
>>
>>57972256
You can see Hamill's reaction in https://youtu.be/aWoeAXDIv7k when they mention it was the first draft. HE STRUNG HAMILL ALONG FOR MONTHS. Never once told Hamill the "super positive" script was the first draft and was never rewritten.
>>
>>57972305
>>
>>57972282
I honestly don't know. I actually think that so long as he has an editor or someone with oversight on his lack of a work ethic when it comes to script writing, he would be an alright fit for one of the spin-offs. He's a competent director, just a god awful writer. A spin off is the place to be contrarian.
>>
File: wnopnqf5ka0d4peswy41.png (5.86 MB, 2000x2462)
5.86 MB
5.86 MB PNG
>you'll never look this cool
>>
>>57972347

They just need a guy who's sole job is dope-slapping Rian whenever he tries to be "subversive".
>>
Wake me up from this nightmare....
>>
>>57972381
What is that from?
>>
>>57972381
>those boots

looks like some sort of zero-G starship assault trooper with magboots, or an frigid asteroid base with limited artificial gravity.
>>
>>57972474
Solo
>>
>>57972492
They're probably in the train fight scene, so they might be using them to stabilize on mountains or the train roof.
>>
>>57972381
somebody shop this stomtrooper into a pimp

I'm thinking purple coat, white fur and gold armour
>>
>>57972532
I assumed as much, but where's this image from? I can't find any info on new Black Series figures for Solo.

Google image search returns nothing.
>>
>>57972696
Ah

https://io9.gizmodo.com/exclusive-here-are-the-first-solo-a-star-wars-story-a-1822974071
>>
File: Spoiler Image (308 KB, 669x433)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
lewd image here of a thicc waifu revealing herself
>>
>>57971971
I would do your initial idea- leafe FO solar panels white.

My thing was I made all my Empire stuff Royal Guard, and did some bloodstripes on my FO.
>>
>>57972381
>leave Solo to me
>>
File: pic2557734_md.jpg (78 KB, 500x417)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>57972976
>>57972976
>>57972976
move along
>>
>>57971971
>Tie Raptor
This thing actually looks kinda cool.

They need to release it so I can turn three of em 45 degrees on their stands and make a list I call "Boba and the Fettlings"
>>
>>57972988
and so it is
>>
>>57971436
This Video isn't proof. In this video Rian said that he was watching dailies from TFA and kept writing based on that so I don't know how people get the first draft thing from.
>>
>>57973096
Is English a difficult language for you to understand? They DO say it's the first draft. It's the opening line of the video.
>>
>>57972866

So, that pretty much confirms that the Falcon will go from being fully clad and 'pretty' to the more familiar shape and appearance during the course of the film.

I've no objections to that, mind.
>>
>>57971847
>>57972036
you wat?

A bog standard ISD has like, 60 fucking laser cannon. the dedicated anti ship guns that can ONLY do anti ship, are it's 8 turrets carrying those fuckheug heavy turbolasers. then it ALSO has a whole bunch of single turbolasers too.

you've ben watching the movies too hard and ignoring your EU.

they got plenty of point defence. they just suck in movies because the imperials HAVE to suck.

if they didn't suck, star wars would just be a more ex[ensive blake's seven. and the imperials would win game over, the end. just like B7.
>>
>>57963953
We need more like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3OiIjIvN0A
>>
>>57973917
Exactly!
>>
>>57968190
>were winning by actually being smart and not Sithing themselves
They threw all their eggs in Ruusan and were losing ground literally everywhere else, on top of basically being in a stalemate there, because they were more concerned with upholding ideology than strategy despite abandoning most Sith teachings anyway. I don't know how you read PoD and not think the Brotherhood's a bunch of tards.
>>
>Valentines day
>Bought X-wing core for myself
I don't regret a dime.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.