[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Paizo Games General /pgg/

The case for PvP: what circumstances would you say warrant a PC attacking another PC?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ

Old Thread: >>59155927
>>
>>59181617
>The case for PvP: what circumstances would you say warrant a PC attacking another PC?
If it's agreed upon well in advance(as in, at the start of the game) that PvP is a possibility. Trying to make it a surprise ends badly for everyone.
>>
>>59181617
The circumstances are a game where PvP is both allowed and expected amongst the players. Springing PvP on a game where everyone involved wasn't expecting it makes you an asshole, whether you're a GM or a player.

Also, the game in the OP is Absolver.
>>
>>59181617
Necromancy and murder
>>
>>59181617

When the thievering tiefling slashes your face off.
>>
File: 482.gif (1.49 MB, 450x253)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB GIF
>>59181617
When two players, as soon as a confrontation occurs, look into each others eyes and engage in that silent agreement between two warriors to throw down with all they got
>>
>>59181617

When she decides to use the hat of disguise and rapes you while she's disguised as yourself.
>>
>>59182213
I need details.
>>
File: 7911908372_5359d57541_b.jpg (279 KB, 1024x680)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>59182213
There is either a reference I'm unfamiliar with here, or a story behind this. Either way I am morbidly curious
>>
One of the best feelings I have found is when your GM severely underestimates how strong your character actually is. I have had it multiple times when my GM has put us into fights that were big "You Lose" scenarios for various reasons, but didn't just give us enemies without stats that auto-kill you.
>>
>>59182213
I'm going to need the story to this as well.
>>
>lycanthropy can effect any humanoid
>giants are humanoid
>trolls/ogres/etc. are huamnoids

Has anyone here ever fought a troll werewolf? a wereboar hill giant? a werespider cloud giant? It sounds terrifying.
>>
File: ClericBeast.png (613 KB, 651x558)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
>>59182324
Sounds metal as fuck to me
>>
>>59182371
>>59182324
Some guy on /pfg/ told a story about how they were dealing with a Troll Werebear Bloodrager.
>>
What are the memegames up to? I haven’t had an update from LoBaF or Dragons or Blingmaker in forever.
>>
>>59182507
Memegames generally fucked off from thread drama because it was just bad deals
>>
>>59182531
It's a good thing. We don't have to deal with their drama, they don't have to deal with our bullshit.
>>
>>59182552
Like I'm sure you could dig some drama up if you wanted to but who gives a shit
>>
>>59182507
>LoBaF
Finally made it to book 3. Also Essa and Gamze are supposed to go dress shopping, but DHB doesn't have a lot of time for off session stuff. Orlan & Shanan are going to announce the party's arrival to the local lord. Iofiel is going with Gamze and Essa to help them bully NPCs. Aida is probably tagging along as well since Essa and Gamze have abducted one of her little sisters for dress shopping/bullying.
>>
>>59182552
I don't mind greentexts, they just tend to be walls of text I don't care to sift through. They need to be concise and frame things in a way that's easy for an outsider to understand right away.
>>
>>59182593
To add on, don't just do a play-by-post of every single event that happened. Narrow it down to something funny or interesting, like how you would share something about any other game you were in.
>>
File: fdl2mkm42ua01.jpg (227 KB, 1024x680)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>Empires go in three stages.
>First come the conquerors who carve out the empires lands and rule with steel and fury.
>Second come the administrators who ensure the wheels of empire turn as long as possible.
>Third come the despots who pave the way for New conquerors.

I always see campaigns taking place in the first or third stage of empires. I however never see campaigns in the second. It is either in the rise or fall. Personally I prefer the point of transition from the first to second stage where conquerors are swept away to make room for administrators. Are there any good examples of settings who have empires in the second stage?

This sort of idea of the 'stages of empire' comes from The Black Company series, as the empire transitions from Stage 1 to Stage 2 during the course of the books. This is with many of the new Administrators trying to get rid of the old Conquerors.

What does /pfg/ think?
>>
>>59182507
>>59182531
>>59182575
Somebody ought to set up a wiki so memegame players can update the goings on of their games where people who give a shit can follow while not shitting up the thread for the rest of us.
>>
>>59182637
that sounds very, very autistic
>>
>>59182644
A perfect job for the cabal, then.
>>
>>59182637
Yeah, honestly, meme game GMs can't even keep their own shit updated. That's a pipe dream, anon.
>>
>>59182654
I don't think the cabal even gives that much of a fuck about memegames
>>
>>59182631
I'd honestly quite like a game set in a stage 2 empire. But that'd basically be the Elder Scrolls for all the games before Skyrim.
>>
>>59182262
>>59182289
>>59182318

Just something perverse I thought about doing to a handsome elf prisoner. I made some jokes about it and we laugh at the potential psychological consequences and humiliation of being raped by yourself. That's about it. I have no problem if someone carries it to the bitter end instead of me.
>>
>>59182631
It's hard to make a good adventure for the second stage, as such a stage is often one of domestic and diplomatic transitions, and often involves doing away with the martially inclined notions of the first.

It is a time when the adventurers must lay down their swords and staves, and instead take up the gavel, quill, and coin purse. It's a depressing time for many career soldiers and wanderers, hence why you don't see so many
>>
>>59182713
>>59182631
Stories that take place in Stage 2 are generally about protecting the established status quo and peace than accomplishing anything seperate from them, and would primarily involve fighting either external threats, the old guard of Stage 1 or before, or radical revolutionaries.

Basically it'd be like having an adventure during the Meiji Restoration
>>
>>59182713
Elder Scrolls Mariowind took place in Stage 2 and it was a fantastic slice of domestic terrorism and nationalism.
>>
>>59182817
So, Rurouni Kenshin?
>>
>>59181617
"Oh what are you complaining about, it's not like you died when I decided to use you as a conduit for my chain lightning to get to that one very dead and minor threat behind you. And even if you died, you have enough money to resurrect yourself."

And that's how the wizard found out that two martials beating him at initiative even with all of his defensive spells isn't enough to supremacy his way out without dying horribly.
>>
>>59182890
Basically yeah. Or Morrowind like >>59182867 said.
Or both. We could combine both, can't we?
>>
>>59182893
I knew a Lava Gnome who did the same thing with bombs in a Kingmaker campaign. He thought throwing bombs at the martial was okay.
>>
>>59183059
For a second there, I thought you said "He thought throwing bombs was a martial art"
>>
What would be a good adventure path or series of modules for a all-investigator gestalt campaign?
>>
>>59183020
Technically, Samurai Champloo would also count. Takes place during a relatively stable period of government, just out on the fringes of its authority.
>>
File: Lava Gnome.png (649 KB, 492x692)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
>>59183133
>>
If the two players are having conflict in roleplay and it's agreed upon between them and the DM that it will go down. I've had things as simple as grapples with accusatory remarks that were agreed beforehand to not escalate to hostilities, and genuine fights where it was agreed beforehand that they wouldnt kill each other and the loser would stop pushing their end of the argument/moral conflict
>>
>>59181617
has War for the Crown part 2/6 been posted yet? it's halfway through April already, but I'll be happy to admit I missed it if it was.
>>
>>59183169
Yes. And then /pgg/ got really autistic about dancing.
>>
>>59183211
Please do tell

>>59183161
I stand by my belief that Hokuto no Ken in the peak of human accomplishment
>>
>>59183211
...odd.

is there a link? I don't see it in the new replacement trove.
>>
>>59182654
You overestimate how much the Cabal both gives a shit about memegames, and has any ability to organize ANYTHING. They can't even organize a witch-hunt to find a leaker.
>>
>>59183211
I still have no idea why it's locked to Intelligence. Dexterity I get, but why not let someone use Perform if they've invested in it?
>>
>>59182575
>dress shopping
what
>>
>>59183271
Essa said she needs formal clothing that isn't formal armor if they're going to be interacting with nobility.
>>
>>59183271
Wouldn't it be djeballa shopping?
>>
>>59183227
>Please do tell
Book 2 included a strategy game dressed up as a dance. Some anons got a real bug in their bums about the fact that it was Dex (moving quickly and agilely) and Int (strategic thinking and planning regarding positioning), and not Cha.

>>59183267
Because it's a fucking strategy game, you numpty. You get a bonus for being trained in Perform (dance), but the whole point is plotting out your moves.
>>
>>59183303
Who are you calling a numpty, you fripple?
>>
>>59183336
You, ya fucking numpty.
>>
>>59183351
>>59183336
I am fully convinced you guys are ducks.
>>
>>59183289
>>59183295
Why don't they wear armor? That is the formal dress code for warriors in basically all cultures
>>
File: 65072021-720px.jpg (32 KB, 720x540)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>59183394
Jokes on you, I'm a grebe
>>
>>59183401
She already has formal armor, she wanted something formal to wear that is not armor.
>>
>>59183303
It's blatantly biased against charisma, pal. The justification is honestly irrelevant.
>>
>>59183394
Fuck off, Demon-spawn. I’m a noble swan!
>>
>>59183571
Everyone knows a towering intellect and anime speed will get you popular with both your peers and women than having charisma and brawn!
>>
>>59180310
Blacksmith from spheres of might is also good at crafting
>>
>>59182507
The Blingmaker crew are about to fight a dragon.
>>
>>59182507
WWW is about to fight a southerner noble who has secretly been a vampire this whole time
>>
>>59183590
>Swans
>Not more evil assholes than ducks
>>
>>59183769
Yeah they are, but I look ~fabulous~ while doing it.
>>
>>59183769
You are mistaking them with geese who I am convinced are from Hell itself.
>>
>>59183816
Geese are CE, Swans are LE.
>>
File: aggressive-swan.gif (1.99 MB, 300x263)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>59183816
Swans are literally just as bad if not worse. Swans will actively attack people and kill other birds.

In fact, EVERY member of Order Anseriformes is a fucking asshole
>>
>>59183844
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_(swan)
>>
>>59183937
Swans know what happens when you let other races into your lands. They’re merely defending their homes.
>>
>>59181617
>The case for PvP: what circumstances would you say warrant a PC attacking another PC?
Whatever they want. But there will be consequences for their actions. Also their alignment will change accordingly. And if they do illegal shit they will be hunted down by more and more powerful guardians of the law. But, I am otherwise a pretty dispassionate GM. I don't see why it is fair to disallow PCs from attacking each other. The same doesn't hold true for NPCs.
>>
>>59184027
Except they're Migratory, just like many Ducks, meaning they are invaders, while some other species of waterfowl are not migratory
>>
>>59184061
So what you are saying is that Swans are the Huns of the bird kingdom?
>>
>>59184088
Worse, Swans are the Ottomans of the bird world
>>
>>59183816
>>59183844
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/01/dinosaur.html
>>
>>59183590
>>59183609
t. too autistic to read past the word dance
>>
>>59184140
t. trying desperately to excuse paizo's attack on charisma
>>
>>59184103
>Swans are T*rks
Disgusting
>>
>>59184158
Hey guys, I'm going to intimdate this chess game!
>>
File: paracosmist_summoner.png (767 KB, 604x659)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
Did I fuck up allowing this archetype? One of my friends now has a huge-sized two-headed dragon with a 34 Strength, and he just hit level 10. It can grapple shit to insane levels and combat has pretty much devolved to: corporeal creatures smaller than Large size are basically irrelevant, any opposing force that doesn't use Dismissal against them within 1 or 2 rounds, gets BTFO. The only answer is extremely tight quarters. I know that this build would not be possible were it not for paracosmist giving those bonus feats. Is summoner just fucking broken in general? I'm literally considering banning the class next time I run a campaign because of this bullshittery.
>>
>>59184206
I repeat, a desperate attempt to excuse an attack on charisma. Why the fuck is it even a stat? Just merge it with intelligence and be done with it.
>>
>>59184158
Oh yeah, hot shot? If Paizo hates charisma so bad, than why do they make so many sexy NPCs with ample handfuls of Charisma just busting out their bodices?

If there is a war against an attribute, it is against Wisdom.
>>
>>59184243
And I repeat, your a brainlet who still hasn't actually read anything about the game beyond the fact that it has the word dance in it.
>>
>>59184287
>your
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>59184296
>I lost the argument so I'll nitpick instead
Big of you to admit it, friend.
>>
>>59184320
You exposed yourself as a dumb phoneposter, you have nothing to offer.
>>
>>59184256
>ample handfuls of Charisma just busting out their bodices?
When was the last time Paizo actually had an NPC showing off? They're too afraid of MUSOGGYNEE accusations to have sexy characters.
>>
In reference to >59184222 his Strength is 34 because of 12 base Str + 8 for large size +8 for huge size + 4 for 10th level class ability, giving him 32 and I don't know where the extra +2 comes from, but I don't think it really makes a difference. He also has massive reach of like 20 feet so anything in melee gets instantly fucked. Literally the only way to challenge the group now is spellcasters and giant creatures, which is fine, I'm working around it, but still.
>>
>make an ebin shitpost as an app to a /pfg/ game
>realize that concept of a character sounds really nice not long after
How can you increase your odds of success of being picked for a game? Sucking cock and paying aren't an option.
>>
>>59184603
Size bonuses don't stack now, do they?
>>
>>59184366
There’s a few noblewomen in War for the Crown with their boobs popping out of their corsets. Can’t recall the last “busty” character, but they’ve had some genuine beauties, like the masked CG Ulfen maiden from WftC.

And what do you mean by showing off, by the way? They’ve had bikini armor in earlier campaigns and Seoni is still a major Iconic wearing what amounts to a strip of silk. You can’t really ask for “big boobs” for a character either, since that’s a PR nightmare and kind of unprofessional (most character art is done through commission, not an in-office artist.)
>>
>>59184606
What game, and what app? Some general tips would be "get a sheet to have people look-over and make it fun-looking", and "talk to the GM in some way to get ideas rolling". If you talk enough without being annoying, eventually they'll start thinking of situations your character might get into; they won't be able to get the ideas out of their head, and want you in the game to make sure they come true.
>>
>>59184222
I'm fairly certain that you half did.
The Summoner is fundamentally broken in terms of optimization. It suffers little of the penalties and all of the boons of being a 3/4th caster, with more offensive capability of a similar level fighter.

If the Eidolon was not a busted mess, I'm sure that the Accelerated Evolution ability would have been more than reasonable. However, it is not.

As it stands, yes, you mostly screwed up. I do not blame you, as the archetypes power is not as blatant as many of them, but it turns an already powerful class into something beyond a monster. I'd reccomend asking him to rebuild his character as a pure summoner, switch to unchained (And help him build the Dragon archetype), and find another archetype to remove the Summon Monster SLA.
>>
>>59184669
The new CoTST PF game on roll20. Some faggot was posting reviews on other people's apps in the previous thread, didn't get to mine. I'm sure you'll find it from here, it's the one with a fucking baasaakaa in it.
>>
>>59184762
There are literally two with Baasaakaa on it now and I didn't get to yours because it wasn't up when I was looking
>>
File: Null sector orisa.jpg (569 KB, 1920x1080)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
Any Starfinder games up, or is everybody waiting for more content? I've got a hankering to play an SRO.
>>
>>59184821
Starfinder is dead.
>>
>>59184762
Which one? There's two of them now; angry Baasaakaa and Field Of Flowers Baasaakaa.
>>
>>59184787
Shid, you're right. In any case, I want some fucking TOKU THEMED BEATDOWNS in this game. Any idea how to fluff it better? All there is right now is quick and concise cruise control posting.
>>59184892
The angry one.
>>
>>59184927
Spheres of might
>>
>>59184927
PoW with Fool's Errand and a Supernatural discipline of your choice, or SoM with heavy investment on Wrestling.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (344 KB, 680x1900)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
So if anyone's interested, the Kingmaker CRPG hit the $1 million mark from outside crowdfunding, which means new races are getting voted on. The options are Assimar, Dhampir, and Sylphu (and Oread, Ifrit, and Undine).
>>
>>59185098
Of those I would choose elemental-kin.
>>
>>59184606
Be friends with the GM. Adam only wants discordians so you're in luck.
>>
>>59185098
Assimar, obviously.
>>
>>59185177
>Be friends with other people
f-fuck
>>
>>59183609
I mean in real life past high school and early college, kinda? People like competent folk and with good ideas. You don't get into positions of political power based on how much you bench press and also consider how often celebrity relationships are prone to fucking imploding in incredibly retarded ways one could make that argument.
>>
>>59185263
Yeah, you're kinda out of luck. No amount of good apping can save you. Though since you're in a discord server with him, your chances are better than none.
>>
>>59185291
>also consider how often celebrity relationships are prone to fucking imploding in incredibly retarded ways one could make that argument
That's due to low Wisdom, not low Charisma. Many politicians and celebrities simply don't know how to function outside of their upper-class bubble.
>>
File: Ezren.jpg (187 KB, 1200x2145)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
It's spells time for 2e

http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lkpv?All-About-Spells
>>
>>59185312
That's my point. Charisma (helps) in getting your foot in the door but it's ass for keeping you there adn when push comes to shove it won't do shit for you if you don't have smarts or sense.
>>
>>59185346
>Making more spells into rituals

Thank you Jesus
>>
>>59185346
>Heal has varying effects based on how many actions you use to cast it
You know, I made a comment ages ago about balancing casters by making them take longer to cast spells, but I didn't think it would be implemented.
>>
>>59185483
Same, I really can't get enough of Saltzpyre.
>>
File: Freakign wat.gif (126 KB, 256x192)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
>>59184222
>archetype is strictly filled with upgrades, replacing only things that are of lesser value
>removes all disadvantages of the eidolon entirely
Uh, yeah, you messed up horribly.
>>
>>59185535
HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY
>>
>>59185513
Trust me, I had the same reaction as someone who memed to Paizo that they should have given Shifters iteratives with their claws and then they actually did it.
>>
File: 1442507782905.jpg (13 KB, 164x276)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>59185513
>>59185507
I really don't want to get excited for PF2e, but everything Paizo has been releasing so far about it has been excellent.
>>
>>59184646
No, they never did.
>>
>>59184603
You're idiot player is cheating, as usual for summoner players. Size bonuses do not stack.
>>
>>59185548
How are more evo points better than summon monster, Pink?
>>
File: 1521574891573.png (439 KB, 800x800)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>59185551
>>
>>59185551
"I should not be left alone... NOR TALK TO MYSELF!"
>>
>>59185556
>they should have given Shifters iteratives with their claws and then they actually did it.
In the shittiest way possible, I recall?
>>
>>59185598
but i'm actually an elf player
>>
>>59185610
You got shit taste then, darling.
>>
>>59185346
>bards can use instruments that change up several aspects (for instance, even if you're gagged or otherwise unable to speak, you can play your violin to provide the Verbal Casting portion).
Huh, that was actually clever of them.
>>
>>59185610
L U M B A H F O O T S

>>59185551
"Knowledge is a weapon in righteous hands, I pride myself that I wield it well."
>>
>>59185569
Man, I disagree strongly.
>>
>>59185619
At least I only play Shade?
>>
>>59185619
Your soul HOWLS in a darkness of your own making, witch.
>>
>>59185607
I dunno about anyone else, but I was satisfied with it, personally.
>>
>>59185673
Yes, it's funny, isn't it.
>>
Is creating a construct out of fossils necromancy or geomancy? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>59184827
>Roll20 is my only measure of a game
>>
>>59185595
How are free evolution points better than spells you can take as part of your spont casting slots? They're not. They're a straight upgrade by giving you free feats.
>>
>>59185569
>>59185630
I also disagree with both of you.
Pathfinder 2e is looking to be a rather decent RPG, but I find a reasonable amount of it is not to my taste, or close enough to be reasonable. Proficiencies and skill ranks are more hassle than it seems worth, and it seems they're making scaling much more... Linear (Not as many different rates of scaling)? It seems like they won't make the wording more technical to prevent misunderstandings.

However, they also implement a lot of what I imagined I would have always wanted to do, but never had the time. Traditions are like something I've always wanted to set up, consolidating spells, ect. The veriaty of actions with spells seem rather nice, and being able to heal from range is wonderful.

It lacks a lot of what I wanted from the system, though- Martial and Caster disparity will most likely not have the fundamental issue resolved. Four traditions seem too few, and additional traditions will suffer from not being core.

All in all, I'll probably give it a shot, then go back to 1e for a year or two, then go back.
>>
>>59185761
I thought spells were more valuable than feats though.
>>
>>59184222
You're level 10; why are things getting in range of being punched/murderfucked without being able to do so right back in the first place? This is also around the time Freedom of Movement becomes a thing it is supremely nice to have.

Shoot it from range, blow it up, lock it away from the Summoner with battlefield control, kill/charm the damn Summoner, have Freedom of Movement on your dudes, swarm the Summoner with summons (Bralani Azata are nice) for maximum irony.

The Summoner is a class that can overwhelm people without really trying; it's pet can outfight the Fighter, getting around it can outwit the MC, and keeping up with the summons can overtax both the board and the players. This sounds like what happened here.

Moral of the story is don't allow 3PP for a class you don't understand stock.
>>
>>59185761
Dude, standard action Summon Monster that scales with level and lasts for minutes is the best part of the class after around level 3. The Eidolon is just easily understood since the default Chained Eidolon is "get quadruped, get Pounce, get a bunch of attacks, laugh at martials."
>>
>>59185804
Typically yes. But being able to spont cast means there's no cost to taking the summon monster spells at each level, since they allow you to summon things which have their own spell like abiltiies. You still expend spell slots either way, and it's not a great loss to use one of your known spells to take summon monster. On the other hand, not needing to take the 3 Extra Evolution Feats means 3 more feats you can use to augment yourself or your eidolon. It's a straight across upgrade for what is a trivial loss of power to a summoner.
>>
>>59185346
>Healing magic is filed under Necromancy again
Oh fuck yes
>>
>>59185930
>>59185595
>>59185804

You can't use that ability when you have your eidolon active, and a paracosmist has his eidolon active 24-7. You're literally losing NOTHING.
>>
>>59186175
Except the ability to use Summon Monster more.
>>59185973
You're loosing out on spells you don't get with spell likes, not to mention that casting Summon Monster in combat for vital spells has a disadvantage of steps in the chain.
>>
>>59186216
If you're playing a paracosmist you can't use that ability anyways.
>>
>>59186229
>you don't lose an ability because you lose an ability
???
>>
>>59186292
If you are playing a paracosmist, you can't use the summon monster ability anyways because you cannot use it when your eidolon is active, and a paracosmist's eidolon is always active. So gaining 3 Evolution Feats in place of summon monster class ability is not a loss or an exchange, it's three free feats.
>>
>>59186343
I don't see anything saying a Paracosmosisit Eiodolan can't be dismissed only it isn't dismissed when he's Ko'd/asleep. The Summoner himself/enemy casters by RAW can still Dismiss(standard action) and summon it unless I read it wrong.
>>
>>59186399
You have a point there. My mistake.
>>
Watching an argument about what summoner FCB is better feels like watching rich people argue about which gold-leafed cookie brand is the best deal
>>
File: 1446639653878.png (161 KB, 270x348)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
Let's be real here, lads. If someone made a Dead Suns memegame for Starfinder, what would you make?
>>
>>59186468
More shit posts about how /pfg/ games are cancer, attentiowhoring, and more filters for browsing tg.
>>
>>59186468
A solarian who doesn't use blitz soldier as a crutch.
>>
>>59186508
So a gimp? Nice.
>>
>>59186468
Doomslayer who runs the Pact Worlds' most popular plushie review channel.
>>
>>59186468
A gun so i could kill myself
>>
>>59186546
>Local SRO wants to deactivate, can't reach OFF switch on back
>>
>>59186537
You don't need to optimize to be good at Starfinder.
>>
>>59186468
An ace pilot Halfling Operative that blasts classic rock during dogfights. I'll call him Frederick.
>>
>>59186643
Sure thing Bulmahn, hows the twitter campaign coming?
>>
>>59186468
Probably an Envoy with the Icon theme.
>>
>>59186686
How is my statement wrong?
>>
>59186793
It's that much of a slow day, is it shitposter-kun?
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/110795/curse-of-the-scarlet-throne-slash-pfg-slash

There's just one more week to join the meme game that put terra incognita into the grave.
>>
>>59186468
I'd make an SRO Star Knight Soldier with a motherly personality.
>>
>>59186793
>you will never have a cute short girl beg for your enormous dick
>>
File: ohfuk.jpg (227 KB, 1023x1280)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>59186851
>>
>>59186820
How much do you want to bet it's the same person who keeps posting the CotST page?
>>
>>59186851
Don't you have a discord for this?
>>
>>59187083
He's posting it here specifically to annoy people in that discord
>>
>>59186855
SROs are not for mothering.
>>
>>59187116
Hopefully they won't make a public roll20 LFG next time.
>>
>>59186175
I'm saying the Paracosmist trading out the ability to use SM spontaneously is a big deal, and pretty much the only thing that isn't an unequivocal buff to the base Summoner in that Archetype.
>>
>>59187116
Adam is such a fucking asshole.
>>
>>59187121
A fact that haunts her. But she can try!
>>
>>59185548
>Uh, yeah, you messed up horribly.
Alright, good to know. Worst part is I went into this knowing better, but everyone had already made their characters when they told me about the campaign and that they expected me to run it so I basically felt bad and didn't want them to remake characters.

>>59184646
>>59185587
No no I already included that, the Huge size increase is +16, I should have just said that instead of splitting it up. It's in the rules, he's got that part right.
>>
>>59183144
Samurai Champloo was fucking great
>>
>>59183401
It's very menacing to wear armor in some places in some cultures, Anon. It makes it look like you want to fight. That's very rude.
>>
>>59187190
You really think Adam's the one who's doing all this?
>>
>>59187524
There's not a doubt in my mind
>>
>>59185896
>Shoot it from range
I do this, it's actually been my only real hope of killing the thing.
> lock it away from the Summoner with battlefield control
Also an option but it usually only works when I have spellcasters, or if I make some cool terrain / trap battlefield.
> kill/charm the damn Summoner
He's usually riding it so it falls under the ranged attacks thing.
>swarm the Summoner with summons (Bralani Azata are nice) for maximum irony.
This also works, sometimes. He has combat reflexes so this tends to fuck with swarming.

I just hate having to adapt encounters to the party to prevent them from overwhelming everything. I don't think summoner is even Tier 2 but I'd still rather a full wizard in the party because at least that is one character instead of 2 and at least it has spell slots instead of a 24/7 muncher machine that he can donate hp to to keep it alive.
>>
>>59187190
Part of his reasoning is SPECIFICALLY to annoy Adam, actually. He's just too easy to frustrate for his own good.
>>
>>59186468
Sharpshootin' Elf
>>
>>59182704
It's a good idea. Really horrific stuff.
>>
>>59186686
>>59186537
I played an android solarian with high cha and moderate strength and did more than fine at combat and diplomacy.
>>
>>59186998
It probably is
>>
File: Dietrich and Toomaga.png (182 KB, 443x1245)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>59186855
>>59187121
>>59187394
And I'm reminded of Dietrich, the Combat Medicae Servitor of the Ragged Edges.
>>
>>59188222
>>
Reminder that if you play games with /pfg/ you most likely have a form of autism
>>
>>59188665
Reminder that if you're still this salty you didn't get into RotJR you should seek professional help
>>
>>59188685
Reminder that there is no shame in seeking professional help
>>
>>59188685
>no they must be mentally ill and jealous. That's only way people could be angry with my atusitic little club!
>it can't be out abhorrent behavior and blatent shittery!
>>
>>59188818
Not so fun when it's turned back on you, is it, anon?

It was like a year ago or something, get the fuck over it.
>>
File: 8w8ouj1ivgr01.png (313 KB, 701x960)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>59188818
>no they must be on the autistic spectrum. That's the only way people could like something I don't like
>it can't be that I conflate my opinions with facts
>>
>>59188861
My post had nothing to do with taste or the nature of the game/games itself, but the behavior of the people in the thread you fuckwit.
>>
If an Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer uses Maximize Spell on a spell that matches his element, does he still get +1 damage per die even though no dice are rolled?
>>
>>59188924
Yes, because Maximize basically does the "rolling" for you.
>>
>>59188889
Oh, you got those magic goggles that tell you which anons are celebs and which are shitposters too? That's great because they're telling me you're just a jealous saltlord who doesn't like being reminded of his failures.
>>
File: Bloodline Power.png (707 KB, 1608x1044)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>>59188924
In case it's also unclear, Empower also gets the bonus, so if you have a 10d6 fireball that you empower up to 15d6, your bloodline bonus will go from +10 to +15.

Also, if you're making a blaster, I recommend taking a look at some of the bloodline alternate abilities. Unlike with an archetype, these can be chosen at your leisure - you can cherry pick the ones you want.

I'd also recommend considering crossblooded with Draconic and Elemental, with matching elements, preferably acid or electricity. Reason being, that'll let you apply your damage bonus to all of your blasting spells, and electricity and acid are the least resisted energy types in the game, if you don't include sonic and force.
>>
>>59182324
My campaigns next encounter is gonna pit the players against a goblin wererat.

His tribe calls him Wormbutt.
>>
>>59188993
Considering that time with them posting fake logs along with screenshots from the game with their names in the roll20 to make the thread freak out over a fake TPK. Yeah, they've actively shat up the thread before and then proceded to whine when people shit on them or someone is really really fucking through with their shitposting.

Or you know, some of them adopting names and fucking trips.
>ou're just a jealous saltlord who doesn't like being reminded of his failures.
And something tells me you're either a celeb or one o their beta orbiter dick suckers who thinks they're hot shit for making the DM's dick twich or just lucking out with a time slot.
>>
>>59189027
Speaking of Force, one thing I don't think I've ever fully known is if spells that call out that they do Force damage always resolve against Touch. Stuff like Spiritual Weapon or Spiritual Ally don't really specify in the spell descriptions (although they do specify they ignore DR), so I'm not entirely sure to be honest.
>>
>vampire has his own demiplane that skirts the edge of the Plane of Shadow
>his plan is to merge his demiplane into the Material plane, thus creating a zone of endless night for his vampire followers (as well as a handy gateway for the shadows, nightshades and kytons that he's allied with to use)
From what's been presented in canon, could this in any way work? I know it's a mutable thing but I'd kind of like it to fit thematically with what we've seen in lore so I don't have to fall back on the tired old "AZLANTI/THASSALONIAN SECRETZ" shit.
>>
>>59189080
>Considering that time with them posting fake logs along with screenshots from the game with their names in the roll20 to make the thread freak out over a fake TPK. Yeah, they've actively shat up the thread before and then proceded to whine when people shit on them or someone is really really fucking through with their shitposting.
"I'm still mad about an event that occurred literally a year ago" is all I can hear.
>And something tells me you're either a celeb or one o their beta orbiter dick suckers who thinks they're hot shit for making the DM's dick twich or just lucking out with a time slot.
Nope, I'm just a troll who's having fun riling up an aspie who can't let go of the fact that he missed his chance to fuck an imaginary red oni.
>>
>>59189080
>make the thread freak out over a fake TPK
The fact that the example you instantly reach for is a RotJR event that happened nearly a year ago is pretty telling. Get over it.
>>
>>59189157
>>59189191
>"I'm still mad about an event that occurred literally a year ago" is all I can hear.
>heres proof of them shitting up the thread
>that d-doesn't count it was a long ass time ago
Not to mention the very nature of /pfg/ games causing the thread to devolve into shit posting unless you want to dispute that to
>Nope, I'm just a troll who's having fun riling up an aspie who can't let go of the fact that he missed his chance to fuck an imaginary red oni.
Sure you are anon. That's why you brought up a game that no one really has shat on in ages. Totally, not a player celeb.
>>
>>59186468
Ysoki mechanic who rides around on her drone (80' movement per round, plus an attack, at level 1. Nothing to scoff at.)
>>
>>59188665
Prove it.
>>
>>59189027
It's actually for a player I'll be DMing for. He's going crossblooded between Solar and Elemental (Fire) with Blood Havoc to get +3 damage per die, and I have an artifact in the setting that gives you Maximized Flame Strike as an SLA, so I want to know what I'm in for when he gets his hands on it
>>
>>59189136
Isn't that like, 60% of what happens in Curse of Strahd?
>>
>>59189210
>Not to mention the very nature of /pfg/ games causing the thread to devolve into shit posting unless you want to dispute that to
MUH OPINIONS
>Sure you are anon. That's why you brought up a game that no one really has shat on in ages. Totally, not a player celeb.
I brought up the game that you're literally hung up on anon. I'm sorry I picked the game that hit that special nerve for you.
>>
>>59189275
>MUH OPINIONS
Yes, anons. Hide behind that total non criticism. Log posting/fetish posting being shit posting is totally valid and constructive for the thread. People using the threads to snipe at other players for shit in game is also totally great for thread. Constant accusations of shilling/bias/whatever is totally good for the thread. It's all opinions, but here's the funny fucking thing about opinions. If you can't fucking defend them, they're not worth listening too. Something being an opinion doesn't automatically make it not a target of discussion or some unassailable rock that can't be criticized.
>I brought up the game that you're literally hung up on anon. I'm sorry I picked the game that hit that special nerve for you.
No, you brought up a game to attention whore and virtue signal about how terrible the people who won't let you drag your E-Masturbation sessions into the thread without calling you a fucking faggot are and backpedal by calling yourself some epic detached troll trying to stir people up.
>>
>>59189216
Why does everyone make Ysoki mechanics?
>>
>>59189362
Because their stats line up perfectly for it, their small size and low HP/strength is all but negated by having a pet killbot, it's thematically appropriate given the setting, and the iconic is one.
>>
>>59189356
Anon, saltlords like you have done far more damage to the thread culture than celebs/apps ever had. Both through nonstop bitching whenever anybody dares to discuss playing pathfinder in the pathfinder thread, and transparent falseflagging to push the idea that "attention whores are ruining the thread". You're obvious and you're pathetic and you're deadset on making sure to punish people for having fun that you weren't allowed to join in on. Attempts to change the narrative to "attention whores" and "beta orbiters" and "virtue signalling" are as hollow as your skull, so just get back to your containment board of /pol/ and stop shitting up this general.
>>
>>59189486
>salt
Fuck off, Disk.
>>
>>59189502
>swinging at shadows
>>
>>59189136
>From what's been presented in canon, could this in any way work?
The Worldwound.
>>
File: mister salty.jpg (157 KB, 500x415)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>59189502
>>
>>59189393
Not to mention it's adorable to think of a small furry mechanic fixing your stuff, Guardians of the Galaxy really solidified that into the public mindset.
>>
File: mr salty.png (260 KB, 320x371)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>59189502
>>
>>59189540
>>59189553
right on cue
cute to see your discord buttbuddies backing you up
>>
>>59189486
>anyone I don't like is /pol/
Idiots like you are why we get /pol/shit threads in the first place. Besides celeb fags ARE (some o the) fucking /pol/tards(Slow is mister bubbles, Vult is Vult, Kawase SSDK, Rory, etc). And you're engaging in the same behavior you're accusing me of engaging in, by assuming I'm the person falselfagging. I'm open in my dislike about celeb tarbs spamming their shit here, but I've never pretended to be someone I'm not.
>o discuss playing pathfinder in the pathfinder thread,
No, you were dead set on discussing celebrities and e-fame in a fucking Pathfinder thread. It wasn't just talking about games, it was about forming cliques and getting sucked off for what great RPers you are and how lewd and cute your bullshit is.
>>
>>59189486
>salt
is this a league of legends general?
>>
>>59189569
This level of paranoia is unhealthy, anon.
>>
>>59189573
>anyone I don't like is /pol/
You're not really helping yourself by constantly using /pol/ catchphrases.
>>
>>59189573
>And you're engaging in the same behavior you're accusing me of engaging in, by assuming I'm the person falselfagging.
What's the matter, princess, want to dish it out but can't take it?
>>
>>59189573
Oy gevalt, anon. You need to get over your obsession with /pol/. It's not healthy.
>>
>>59189602
How is virtue signaling a /pol/ catchphrase? Did I miss a memo on something?
>>59189633
It's a rather blatant display of hypocrisy.
>>59189649
But Rabbi, I thought you wanted me to obsess over /pol/? Besides, he started it.
>>
>>59189690
>How is virtue signaling a /pol/ catchphrase? Did I miss a memo on something?
Being this new
>>
How does a mechanic repair their drone in Starfinder? Literally the only reference I can find to it is in the Repair Drone mechanic talent, which reads 'When you spend 10 minutes to repair your drone, you repair
25% of its maximum Hit Points instead of 10%. You must have a drone to learn this trick.'

Nowhere else does it make a reference to taking 10 minutes to restore 10% of your drone's HP, so I'm kind of at a loss to the details.
>>
>>59189690
>It's a rather blatant display of hypocrisy.
Are you certain you aren't looking in a mirror?
>>
>>59189775
Or you, know, I don't post or browse /pol/ often(at all really) to recognize a phrase used often in political discourse online in many places as being associated with a specific board on 4chan. Especially when it was coined on an entirely different site from like 2013 and spread from there. In any case the meaning of the term is more or less apolitical, it implies nothing about the person's own personal politics.
>>59189811
No, I'm looking at a computer screen. Check mate.
>>
>make an NPC that is higher level than the PCs by a bit
>he levels up at roughly the same rate at the PCs
>meets them several times throughout their journey, sometimes as enemies and sometimes as allies of opportunity
>his personality is centered around the fact he is assured he is the strongest
>no doubt about it, just a self assured strength
>>
>>59189873
Not anymore it isn't. You are uninformed at best, willfully ignorant at worst, and a faggot in general.

Whatever stupid, Quixotic crusade you have with or about whoever is pointless and only serves to shit up the thread.
>>
>>59189981
>Not anymore it isn't. You are uninformed at best, willfully ignorant at worst, and a faggot in general
On what fucking basis? You can say anything is a fucking /pol/ catchphrase, and then say "lol" ur uninformed? /pol/ did not coin the phrase, nor does it carry any information about any popular lines of opinion /pol/ holds. I could just as easily say "Barry likes big bananas" is a /v/ phrase now, not suggest any proof and just call you new and uninformed. If it it's so easy and blatant as to make not knowing such a thing(if it is true" a sign of ignorance it would be simple to provide evidence of such a fact

Or if you're suggesting the phrase isn't a politcal anymore then kindly explain what
>the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
Implies about anyone's politics or is somehow only applicable to a single board. You can whine about how if I'm such a stupid ignorant fucking faggot, it should be simple to explain, no?
>>
>>59190074
>He's run out of arguments so he's going on a semantic diatribe to hide his racism
>>
>>59190104
I didn't even mention race? The term has nothing to do with race.. I know I'm being taken for a ride at this point, but please humor me.
>>
File: 1303769950892.png (70 KB, 534x443)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
I got a concept for you /tg/

Say you're an army general in WW1, and six loonies get spotted dressed up as knights and minstrals somewhere in No Mans Land, reportedly taking several bullets to the chest and still able to back-flip over your defenses and launch lightning from their fingertips. The guy wearing a bathrobe is the only one who can speak to anyone, and that's after mumbling into a clay figure of a ziggurat for a few seconds.

They've stopped blowing up things for long enough to say that they have items of incredible power, as well as a frankly absurd amount of gold coins that they seem to treat like dollar bills, with the ability to get more after returning to their homeland for more

Aside from just massive amounts of gold, what sort of items would a military commander want for the war effort, after an extended discussion with the wizard of what he is capable of making? He is aware that any items he requests would be in limited supply, just due to manufacturing times, so his sights wouldn't be set on outfitting thousands of soldiers with +3 body armor
>>
>>59190386
Probably stuff that would replicate the functionality of items we have now that WWII generals didn't have access to back in the day like reliable, untraceable communications technology (Sending, Mage's Decree, etc.), the ability to Scry on well known enemy generals as well as the ability to know any language through means similar to what the wizard is using, and probably alchemical concoctions that can be applied to ammunition in order to make them do all kinds of crazy effects on impact.

Also Wands of Magic Missile for guaranteed hits on an enemy as long as you can see them.
>>
>>59190550
My issue with wands is that I really doubt Private Bum Fuckleton has the Use Magic Device skill. He'd only have a 1 in 20 chance of casting the thing, and our GM does mishap chance on natural 1s if you don't have the skill to back it up

The message thing, though, is a really good idea. I never even considered that.
>>
>>59190386
>Speak With Dead
>Scry
>Sending
>Teleport
>Dominate Person
>Geas
>Secret Chest
>Invisibility
>Detect Secret Doors
>Fly
>Divination

Utility spells would be what he needs, not combat.
>>
>>59190613
Well yeah, but with a 100% success rate when fired all you need to do is find the most charming men in your military and give THEM the wands, and they'll probably have a much better shot at using them, especially if trained (retraining one skill point takes, like, a week).

Plus a wand like that isn't the sort of thing you'd want to use on the battlefield, if you think about it due to its long range and guaranteed hit ratio a MM wand is much more befitting of a tactical sniper faction. Just get, say, a level 5 wand with the Enlarge metamagic on it so you're hitting at up to 300 yards away (a pretty difficult shot even for a pretty good sniper) and when you take into account real world physics for the speed of the Missiles you're likely going to get a couple of shots off before the first one hits, thus guaranteeing a kill.
>>
Hey /pgg/, what does your character drink to forget?
>>
>>59190906
his drinking problems
>>
>>59190906
Mead and applejack, though he doesn’t have anything to really forget.
>>
>>59190906
The fact that he's nearing 50, his wife his dead, his son ran away from home, and he has nothing much else to live for.
He just wants a good and honest death now, to be able to say that at least he went down fighting and trying to be meaningful in someone's life
Sadly, I haven't had him in a game for so long, I'm afraid I may forget too one day
>>
File: LyWZifO.gif (1.77 MB, 274x202)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB GIF
>>59190923
>>
>>59190906
Anything really, but he drinks to remember.
>>
>your party arrives in a remote town where they worship a sea god
>they have a massive high/low tide cycle that floods their temple
>their temple is build into the ground so when the water recedes it has deep pools
>they worship by each 12 days (the high/low ride cycle takes 12 days) sending a holy fisherman to swim into the depths and catch what ever the largest thing trapped inside is
>depending on what he brings back the local priest dissects the fish and divines the future
>as the party arrives they're there just in time for one of the cycles
>the hunter brings back an eel, already a sign of ill omen
>the priest dissects it and the eel's stomach is horribly infected with parasites, an even worse omen
>they find that the eel was also lean/starving
>these omens together spell a great horrible event to come within the next 12 days
>some of the town want to turn on the outsiders (the party) and some want to seek their help

So what would you as a player do?
>>
>>59191018
>>59190906
Someone call up the Captain to please bring me my wine
>>
>>59191045
They didn't have that spirit since 1969.
>>
>>59191063
Tell me, do you also.hear those voices calling from far away?
>>
>>59191079
Yeah, man. They wake me up in the middle of the night.
>>
>>59181617

So has anyone heard from the our golden girl Onryou lately?
>>
>>59191100
You too? I thought I once heard them say: WELCOME TO THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA!

Thank you anon, this was fun and I appreciated it
>>
>>59191100
Just to hear them say Billy don't be a hero! Don't be a fool with your life! Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife!
>>
File: Hotel_California.jpg (24 KB, 500x355)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>59191127
>>
>>59191127
Yeah. A nice change of pace from salt and drama.

>>59191138
Clever girl.
>>
>>59191117
Still red.
>>
Anyone got Disciple's Doctrine? Can't find it in any of the troves.
>>
>>59191186
https://my.mixtape.moe/tgjaov.pdf
>>
>>59191030
Summon Monster a really healthy fish into the pool
>>
>tfw start getting Eagles songs stuck in head now
>tfw realize that Desperado is a perfect song for most adventurers
https://youtu.be/3-bwXhts8Zg
So, tell me why your character won't come to their senses and hurry on home? I know that you got your reasons
>>
>>59191030
Well, OBVIOUSLY the eel foretold of the arrival of the party. The GM doesn't even have to plan anything, shit is just going to go south if they hang around too long
>>
>>59191234
Won't the fish poof once the priest guts it?
>>
>>59191212
Thanks, lad, you're a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>59191268
Spam small amounts of ranged healing at it so it's forced to be gutted alive
>>
>>59191234
12 days until the next divining, the incident is prophesied to happen before then.

>>59191248
Would you hang around to leave?
>>
>>59191242
All of my existing characters *are* home, the campaigns take place where he can return back to his house by the end of the day.
>>
What's a good dip for the Conjuration Sphere? Specifically, having a Companion that can be a bodyguard with maybe some beatsticking if required. Bipedal with the Martial Companion archetype? Old fashioned quadruped+pounce?
>>
>>59191030
go out and try to catch an eel yourself and do your own investigation.
the hunter might be bullshitting everyone.
>>
File: Aa5wQzR.gif (1.5 MB, 355x288)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>>59190386
Sell him a Goblin Fire Drum and hope your GM rules how it applies to ammo in your favor

>All unattended flammable alchemical objects such as tindertwigs, flasks of oil oralchemist’sfire, and fireworks within this range have a 10% chance of spontaneously igniting or exploding (as appropriate to the item) when the drum activates.
>>
ive been meaning to get into tabletop pnp games (ive mostly been playing board games and warhammer). looked at D&D 5e because people told me its easy to get into.
decided to give pathfinder a look too but found out that they are coming out with a new edition sometime this year i think.

kinda leaning towards pathfinder right now since it seems like you have a bit more freedom with your characters.
at this point, should i just wait until the new edition comes out and learn the game then?
mind you, im in no rush to get into either games. just kinda planning ahead and whatnot.
>>
>>59192125
>at this point, should i just wait until the new edition comes out and learn the game then?
There's no harm in learning a new system, especially one where the vast majority of material is free on the SRD* or Archive of Nethys**. All you'll be wasting is time, so if you've got hours to spare than have at it!

Another reason to get into Pathfinder, as opposed to waiting, is that new systems generally take a while to pick up traction. You could be waiting months or more after PF2e is launched before getting into a game, and months after that for more to be added to the system.

*https://www.d20pfsrd.com/
**http://archivesofnethys.com/
>>
>>59192232
thanks for the source material. ill definitely take a look at that.

>All you'll be wasting is time
well, like i said, im in no rush to jump into a pnp game. plus, if anything, id probably be a while to actually plan things out with friends for this. thats why i asked if i should just wait.
if i were to do research and planning now with friends, chances are we probably wont even get a game in until the end of summer.
>>
>>59192306
I wouldn't really recommend going straight into PF (unless "board games" includes Caverna or Agricola or something), it's a system that works for what it does, but it's probably the most rules heavy popular ttRPG.

If you're a hardcore theorycrafter/minmaxer, you can probably get right into it, but basically any other system is going to be a gentler intro to ttRPGs. It depends which kind of game you want to play (try not playing D&D), but 5e, Basic Roleplaying (the Chaosium Call of Cthulhu system), Traveller, Cyberpunk 2077, etc. all have a lot less going on that you need to keep track of, system-wise.
>>
File: qLrKqrf.gif (4.31 MB, 447x233)
4.31 MB
4.31 MB GIF
What was the best bard you've ever played as/with?
>>
>>59182631
Original Rogue Trader was kind of similar to this. Although the only war concept was still around, there were multiple descriptions of how the bulk of the imperium was made up of the faceless drones of the administratum grinding out the day to day minuta.
>>
>>59184332
Anon, please. Stop.
>>
>>59192725
I made Dandelion before I knew Dandelion was already a character. He was a lute-playing dandy with perfumed hair and a winning smile who traveled with the party to hype their exploits and get the more awkward party members laid. He knew all the right words to get them in good with the local nobility, had just enough cowardice where moments of bravery were notable, and had a past that expanded his character without making him anything more than what I always wanted him to be; the ultimate support.
>>
My friend wants to make a ranged Slayer but he thinks it will be shit just because he can't get sneak attacks from flanking with range.
Is it really that terrible, and are there feats that could rectify this anyway? i'm noticing some talents as he levels might help but he still doesn't think it will do anything.
>>
>>59193327
Archery is the most powerful martial style in the game. The fact that you're a full BAB class with some hit bonuses is already enough that a ranged Slayer should be competitive in any regular game. Sneak attacks just means that winning initiative will let you erase most CR appropriate enemies on an opening round.

I mean like, you add the focused study feat and you're doing +5 damage on shot from your class funsies to a fighter's +8 with specializations at 17. The difference isn't so bad and you get the superior slayer kit with potential sneak attacks. It's not a matter of "missing options", your friend just doesn't quite get how little you need to make a full BAB archer good.
>>
>>59185346
>>59185507
>>59185513
>>59186036
>>59185625

I like these changes. Lots of good things to take from this. Overall I what we've been told about 2E, it's just how it plays that's still a concern.
>>
>>59192527
In a similar boat, but I'm teaching retards how this system works. Are there any apps that might help?
>>
>>59193327

Archery is pretty much THE way to play a martial if you're talking core. For a Slayer they'll still be extremely powerful and especially if they roll high initiative (they'll basically just delete a flat footed foe). Your friend could also just play the Sniper archetype:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/slayer/archetypes/paizo-slayer-archetypes/sniper

The Vanguard archetype is also pretty good as it means you're basically going first and can act in surprise rounds. Stygian Slayer is also good because you kind of get spell casting, but it's a bit more involved than the other two.
>>
>>59193327
Fun fact. Bounty Hunter slayers are capable of dirty tricking at ranged by raw if you don't mind that all your other archetype features are shit. This enables them to blind a party of enemies when they win initiative, potentially opening them up to continued sneak attacks.
>>
>>59193488
Pathbuilder
>>
>>59185346

Okay that's mostly neat.
>>
>>59190550
This raises a question.

Do codes count as 'languages' for the purpose of stuff like comprehend languages?
>>
>>59194022
If you go by the rules of translating languages in the Linguistics page, no, you still have to decipher the message by hand. At the very least the magic might give you a leg up in the deciphering.
>>
Has anyone ever been able to find Necropunk Campaign Setting PDFs? None of the troves seem to have them and I've looked everywhere I can think of. About all I could ever find was the bestiary- can't find the main PDF nor Necropunk: Welshen & Necropunk: Ewgee PDFs either.
>>
>>59190780
>so you're hitting at up to 300 yards away (a pretty difficult shot even for a pretty good sniper)
lmao
>>
>>59184222
I would just bump that CR with a creature or creatures that provide an appropriate challenge. Just through a beastie of equal size in thier way.

I've been taking inspiration from Berserk in this. Sure its cathartic for an overpowered PC to chop through loads of mooks like they're nothing but occasionally, you just gotta throw in an Apostle.
>>
So it looks like the latest Spheres of Power expansion got released: Wild Magic. Thoughts, is it any good?
>>
>Send DM a question about my app
>3 days have passed with no response
You know, there are more polite ways of saying "you have already been rejected"
>>
>>59182290
Try that in War for the Crown!
>>
File: nani.png (603 B, 62x39)
603 B
603 B PNG
>>59195972
That or they're like me and never check their inbox
>>
>>59182324
Minotaur. Were. Baboon.

Party was convinced it was some sort of demon.
>>
>>59195972
>>59196170
Don't worry, Adam checks his PMs. I got a response to my question in a few hours.
>>
>>59196280
Lmao.
>>
>>59196280
>>59196170
>>59195972
it probably depends on the question
A mechanics question probably answered
A question of 'Do you like my app' or 'am i in' is probably gonna get ignored.
>>
>>59196595
It was an optimization level question and an inquiry for lore that doesn't seem to be in the players guide
>>
>>59196743
What lore anon?

As for optimisation, Adam's said that it will be figured in-game when the party's selected.
>>
>>59196787
Some specific stuff but broadly speaking, how long has Lamm been a criminal?

I also wanted to fish for a tie in to something deeper in the plot, but that would have to basically be offered by Adam, rather than me sneaking it in by getting spoilered
>>
>>59196884
Gaedran Lamm has been a two bit criminal his entire life. He's in his sixties if not seventies, and his own son is in his forties, so you know.
>>
>>59194404
Or if no one has found the PDFs anywhere- does anyone have any experience with it? That could tell me about the flavor/fluff?
>>
A Brawler's Martial Flexibility allows him to temporarily learn a combat feat. At 6th level, he can get two feats with it. Are there any other classes or archetypes with a similar or the same ability that one may dip into to get the second feat before level 6?
>>
>>59198076
Doesn't work like that.
>>
>>59198126
I take it the levels would stack in terms of the ability like sneak attack does? So my cheese is dead?
>>
>>59198240
Yes. Or even in the best case that they didn't, they would be mutually exclusive you'd get 2 feats, but you''d need 2 move actions in a turn.
>>
>>59198287
Can't you turn a standard action into a move action?
>>
>>59198341
Yes, but that's a full-round action effectively during a part of the game where fights are over in one round if people start close enough.
>>
>>59198370
This is not factual, it's anecdotal.
>>
>>59198370
Well, I knew it wasn't optimized. I was just asking if it was possible. And with a Quick Runner Shirt, I could get two move actions, especially since my GM houseruled away the "and then end your turn" errata.
>>
New Thread
>>59198967
>>59198967
>>59198967
>>59198967
>>59198967

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.