[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 47.jpg (76 KB, 312x445)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Janklord edition

Previously: >>59175181

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info

>Also unofficial, also has GOAT search interface.
http://scryfall.com

>Thread Question
Have you ever built a deck that left everyone confused, mad or both?
>>
>>59181829
goattribal
>>
>>59181829
Explaining Champion in Inalla with ashnods and dire unddercurrents to mill the entire table in a turn. Infinite combos may be a little much when Im the only one of us 4 who've upgraded our precons
>>
>>59181829
>Have you ever built a deck that left everyone confused, mad or both?
paradox engine.dek at 3am after prerelease
i had the deck all ready to go, bought a prerelease foil from some dude
went to mcdonalds and played like 3 games of what amounted to 3 other people watching me play magic
it left everyone involved including myself confused and mad.
the first time it went off i felt awesome I was so proud of myself then the next two times it was just kinda sad
pact of negation is a really good card when you know you are going to be winning that turn
>>
>>59181829
Not in EDH. Not quite yet, at any rate. Gitrog Stax got a "Wait what? Oh fuck you." sort of reaction. But damn back when I played 60 card casual, creatureless ProsBloom tilted people hard. The deck was all removal except for a little CA and its combo pieces and basically went
>Kill your shit
>Kill your shit
>Kill your shit
>Maybe draw some cards
>Kill your shit
>>"Hey Anon, why aren't you doing anything proactive?"
>Kill your shit
>Oops, I win.
>>
I built a terrible U/B Lazav deck to play all those sirens from Theros. Then realized there was a minor "fuck with combat" thing going on with those guys so just went full combat shenanigans.
It was terrible and great all at once. It would present a weak board state, then when attack would redirect the attacks to someone else. Then recur the trick. It was an absolute one trick pony, but being blue, that didn't stop it most of the time. When I would KO'ed from the game, I didn't even feel bad.
>>
File: laughingwizard.jpg (54 KB, 640x516)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>59181913
>3 other people watching me play magic
>at mcdonalds
>was just kinda sad
so there were no alternatives to this scenario. is everyone in this pod that guy?
>>
>>59181829
Slivers make everyone mad. Which I suppose is fitting, because it only wins if everyone else lets it win
>>
Finally decided to sit down and build this thing, I've got no idea what I'm doing so I'd appreciate all the help I can get.
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-04-18-ghalta-edh/?cb=1523909086
>>
Does anyone else enjoy a good full aggro deck? I enjoy winning by pure beat down goodness, without all that extra spellcasting fluff
>>
Thinking of running Thrun, any secret techs?
>>
>>59182038
Hunted Troll would add some serious power to cost for Ghalta.
>>
>>59182038
Strata Scythe might be a worthwhile equipment. It would allow you to cast Ghalta on the cheap even with a weak boardstate.
>>
>>59181976
it was treefolk tribal doran, krenko and a precon prossh deck
they had no chance
I thought paradox would be way jankier than it was
>>
>>59181829
>TQ
Confused? No. Mad? Oh hell yes.
>Narset
>Playgroup would pitch a fit over all the MLD because "It's not fun"

>Mimeoplasm and Bruna
>"Getting 1 shot with no warning isn't fun"
At least my playgroup caught on about how to deal with the latter two. Had to dismantle Narset because the bitching got old. Damn shame.
>>
>>59182207
to be fair narset is a busted as fuck card even compared to other 6 drop commanders
>hexproof
why does she have hexproof?
>>
File: InstillEnergy.jpg (28 KB, 223x310)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>59182038
one of the precons had cards with an ability called Leiutenant. The green one gives +2/+2 and trample to your dudes if your commander is out too. And its a 7/7 with trample.
Mwonvuli Beast Tracker can grab a bunch of your creatures for you.

Pic related, while not amazing in your deck is jank I find a way to add to every green deck.
>>
>>59182298
Oh I definitely wouldn't argue how busted she is. Within 3 games of playing her I thought "...yeah this is just retarded." And that was a few years back. I don't even want to think about how bullshit she is now.
>>
>>59182298
her autism in flavor given a sensible mechanic.
She is canonically autistic. Seriously.
>>
whoever had that magikarp alter a few threads ago
Why not put it on thing in the ice?
>>
File: download (4).jpg (93 KB, 575x598)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>59182384
>her autism in flavor given a sensible mechanic
wouldn't her autism make her more susceptible to removal?
>>
>>59182054
Oh yeah, battlecruiser decks can be fun. I have a Horde of Notions deck that's all about getting fat 6+ cmc elementals into the graveyard with jank like Shifty Doppelganger and when I'm lucky Sneak Attack then recurring them with Horde that I'm rather fond of.
>>
>>59182426
no, autism is an inability to process outside information into your own faculties, at its base level.
Hexproof conveys it perfectly well. Shroud would have been better, but wotc are pussies nowadays.
>>
File: 1399159296276.jpg (269 KB, 560x560)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>59181829
>can't decide between which Grenzo to build
I love gobbos, and spell theft & goad looks like fun, but graveyard shenanigans are also my shit
>>
>>59182478
>easily annoyed by sounds
>confused about interactions
>no real fear of danger
>hexproof
im sorry im really not seeing it if anything she should have the illusion clause, if she becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice her
>>
>>59181829
My new Mazirek deck leaves my kitchen table group pretty mad, because I run a lot of sacrifice effects for value.

I want to build a Rakdos deck and I'm torn between Malefgor, Mogis and Grenzo. They'd all play pretty differently but I dunno what'd be more RAKDOS.
>>
File: CcL_TWeVAAA7bb5.jpg (100 KB, 600x719)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>59182384
>She is canonically autistic. Seriously.
what plane did she planeswalk to then
is there a libertarian plane where she can advocate the principals of anarachocapitalism to her heart's desire?
>>
>>59182568
yeah its called Seattle.
>>
>>59182490
Run Dungeon Warden. You can always Raze Havoc in the Dungeon, but you can never Ward the Havoc.
>>
>>59182546
>Mogis
shit honestly dont even try
>malefgor
pretty bad too but at least playable
>grenzo
now we are talking!
>>
>>59182315
Okay, that thing looks spicy as fuck.
>>
File: phel deck.jpg (65 KB, 298x429)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Last night I won a 7 hour edh game with phelddagrifl (group hug/card draw mill strat) .

What is the longest game you guys have played?
>>
>>59182546
Personally, I like to play decks that give me an excuse to play cards I would never play otherwise - Grenzo gives you an excuse to do that with all the 'bottom of your library' tech you can run.
>>
>>59182490
OP pick grenzo is insanely fun, it sorta goes the same way most games, but is fun as fuck as it unfolds.
Some staples for it:
>Mana Echoes (absolute bullshit card with grenzo)
>Reito lantern (and other cards that do the same thing)
>Jar of Eyeballs
>Goblin Charbelcher (you don't care about the dmg, just the restack on bottom of deck)

Anything that scry's for value is worth it in some way. The real fun of the deck is autistically tuning the creature/land count to extreme levels to maximize your flip percentages.
He's a commander from a supplementary set that isn't absolutely pants on head retarded just by reading what it does, so he wins to me. WotC is smoking meth nowadays with commander cards being pure made up bullshit with no idea of relative power.
>>
>>59182619
I had a game that took multiple days and we left it all out on the table, and no one cheated while we were away.
All 4 players were playing some form of W/B/x with tons of board wipes. No one wanted to just let the game end, or just tap out and do soemthing better with their time.

It was suffering. We took a 3 day break between the 2 sessions because we physically didn't want to go back to playing it.
>>
>>59182650
Yeah Mogis would let me run some group slug stuff that'd upset the table a bit; Malefgor would let me run some cool Madness, Hellbent and discard synergies and Grenzo lets me open cages and slap prisoners.

I'd likely put a KikiDoom combo in my Grenzo though, because my meta has loads of lifegain and I'd like to come in and slam a deck playing Test of Endurance or Sovereign
>>
>>59182619
>7 hour edh game
how many times did you shuffle graveyards into libraries?!
>longest game you had
there was a 3 hour game where about an hour into a VERY fun game of edh I boardwiped, clearing the board of most permanents and at the time all of us were mostly empty handed
start the 13 turn clock of everyone drawing nothing but lands
i had a storage land with 15 counters on it when someone drew a stripmine and got rid of it
that was the only board development that happened for damn near 25 min
we must have all tucked our commanders away cause I dont remember ever casting selvala which would have sped the game up considerably
damn i remember when hallowed burial was a good card lol
after that we all had a lot of lands out so it was easy to remove stuff people played
finally the guy playing some kind of mardu deck finally got rolling and killed us with a combo involving blood artist and a sac outlet
I feel sorry for you and your 7 hour game
i literally took 2 months off after that slog of a game
>>
>>59182666
kinda pot and kettle there, m8
>>
>>59182759
what part? Me saying Grenzo is tame compared to what they print now? He is, hes busted, but seems average busted, not what the fuck were they thinking busted like leovald.
>>
>>59182698
>4 W/B/X tokens decks
is your playgroup retarded? why would you all play the same deck against each other? hell we make it a strict rule to not play a similar deck unless it's rolled. Only exception is ramp decks because the game will still go fast.
>>
>>59182793
satan deriding wotc's business practices
>>
>>59182810
who said anything about tokens bro? It was just 4 people playing and all of them had access to boardwipe wraths. So the game essentially reset a good 10 times or so.

This is why /tg/ sucks at magic. You guys seriously insert random stuff into peoples posts, then berate them under a false pretense due to your own idiocy.

>>59182826
You have to actually call me satan when I satan post, I'm not a post number watching faggot.
>>
>>59182793
>leovald
DAILY REMINDER:
He wasnt printed for edh he was printed for tiny leaders!
>>
>>59182896
I hope your last game of battlebox was fun anon.
>>
File: download (1).png (168 KB, 500x522)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>59182892
>You have to actually call me satan when I satan post, I'm not a post number watching faggot.
>>
>>59182896
Just like all new legendaries are printed for Brawl! The exciting new format that totally isn't dead on arrival
>>
>>59182910
What the heck is battlebox?
>>
>>59182892
nope that's my bad because i skimmed still BWx against BWx sounds boring as fuck
>>
>>59182896
>tiny leaders
what wrath will wrangle wrought?
>>
>>59182936
what are you talking about im thinking of introducing my frontier meta to brawl to get them into tiny leaders then maybe edh
>>
>>59182939
same thing as tiny leaders, a made up format no one plays.
>>
>>59181829
Niv-Mizzet, Infinite Combomind.
>>
>>59182973
yeah but there was a huge outcry about not having a bug tiny leader so they printed one
literally only reason he exists
they even had a generic 3/3 for 3 that they let you play before leovold just so you could play bug
you know how they normally plan for cards years in advanced?
yeah the need for this 3 drop bug legend is how we got something as busted as leo
>>
>>59182698
Once we started a game before heading to a friends birthday party, it went on too long and we left it out and finished it when we got in at 4am.
One of the best games of Magic I've ever played.
>>
>>59183019
>huge outcry
I get what you mean but it just highlights how inept wotc is.
It is fun to look at a standard set, see one random card that mechanically or artstyle-wise just doesn't match the set and speculate on what the next set will be about.
My roommate has been spot on with most of the archetypes/mechanics for the last 3 years or so by doing this.
I'm not so good at seeing the tells. I noticed the random cat creatures from kaladesh and assumed they were doing cat tribal in the next set, but thats as far as my prescient abilities go.
In hindsight, alot of the izzet color cards from return to innistrad look like they were wearing the same types of clothing as the people from kaladesh. lots of steamworks backpacks and gold trim clothing stuff that really didn't make sense in Innistrad, makes perfect sense in Kaladesh.
>>
>>59181829

Ok, so my group is casual. Casual as in unupgraded precons, poor politicking, awful threat assessement, etc. We even have a "I-refuse-to-replace-cards-on-principle" that keeps using his freyalise precon

I try not to go overboard when I build decks, but one night after a long, grating 4h game I wanted a this ends the night button and built Nekusar.

I told them the deck was pretty fucking strong, and nobody gave a fuck until a dragon mage swing with kederekt parasite, spiteful visions and Nekusar killed everyone.
>>
>>59182969
That's cool, anon. My LGS is holding Brawl tournaments where all the cards from a winning deck are banned afterwards to keep things fresh. You have to enter a raffle to see which legendary you can use, and you can only use cards purchased at the store. They keep documentation on everyone's decklists to make sure.
>>
>>59182490
my votes for monoR grenzo
>>
>>59183179

As an addenum, we all got precons in 2016, I picked Yidris. After the first 5 minute turn the deck ended up banned because it was "too hard to follow what you're doing"
>>
>>59183179
the trick is to build multiple high power decks and let them play with them. They won't want to go back to their precons after that.
Don't make them just mad because they are outskilled/outpowered, let them feel what that feeling is like.
>>
>>59183201
You truly are the real cancer mage, and I thought my post was bad.
>>
>>59183201
based Police State LGS
>>
>>59183201
is this a parody post?
>>
>>59183201
Jesus Christ. how horrifying
>>
File: 1521151254437.jpg (48 KB, 332x280)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>59183179
Mah nigga, Nekusar has been my "Yeah I've had enough of this shit" deck for years. Them not giving a shit until it's too late is the lich king experience in a nutshell.
>Stage 1: Sweet, I get to draw extra cards!
>Stage 2: Eh, 1 damage per card is fine
>Stage 3: Wait...how am I dead already!?
>>
>>59183359
While I hate that fucker with a passion, I can respect him being your "playtime is over" commander.
>>
>>59182546
VIAL SMASHER

SMASH YOUR WHOLE FUCKING PLAY GROUP
>>
>>59183179
Get one of them to git gud and the rest will follow. I had a similar problem with a friend who got me into magic. He played with only singletons and 70 card decks that should have been 60s. I was similar to him until I went to a few fnms. After I started beating his face in he was mad but decided to just get better and try make better decks. Now we are about tied with wins and losses
>>
>>59183359
Yeah, I agree. Thats exactly what passed through my head when I made that pic

>>59183266
Its not rare for me to lend them decks do they play something different and they usually like it, but they dont want to put money on the game/spend it on sealed products
>>
>>59181829

everytime I Worldslayer the board with an indestructible creature, feels good man
>>
>>59183201
I'm in Manchester and even I want to call you a Bonglander.

I bet there's table CCTV too so they can make sure you don't remove too many of one persons permanents which is a hate crime btw

>>59183179
My group was KINDA like this but less so with the only play precons and more with every deck being unoptimial with no real removal/protection outside a couple of boardwipes.
I've found that no matter what I bring it's met with ire and you can do as >>59183266 said or do what I did and keep not lower power but more Creatures: The Tappening deck to play with your kitchen table and play at your LGS for your other decks.

>>59183408
I'm saving my spellslinging love for my Arjun deck though
>>
>>59183429
Them not wanting to spend money IS valid, in a way. You could always be a good chap and give them some cheap cards that are just better to use if they don't have them. I've given out so many kodama's reaches and shit like that to people over the years.
>>
>>59183359
Do you run Jace's Archivist? Curious b/c building Nekusar myself.
>>
>>59183453
>I'm saving my spellslinging love for my Arjun deck though

CREATURE SPAM VIAL SMASHER. CAST BIG THINGS AND ENEMIES GO BOOM
>>
File: FEEDME.jpg (827 KB, 2448x3264)
827 KB
827 KB JPG
>>59182315
>instill energy
>stompy green lieutenant
Great adds to my Rosheen Meanderer. If somebody stops the Hydras, double tapping Rosheen into a fireball ping ponged through spell doublers does the trick.

Beastmaster Ascension+Tempt with Vengeance also does the trick.
>>
File: 721.png (1.07 MB, 680x371)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>59183494
>>
>>59183494
Vial smasher + any partner commander with green is a very fun way to crush everything on the table. Stompy+explodey+recursion shenanigans
>>
>>59183478
Sure do, plus Magus of the Wheel. Though Archivist is much better due to it being repeatable. If you're building him, run Liliana's Caress, Megrim, Bloodchief Ascension and Raider's Wake to get the most pain out of your wheels.

You don't know the meaning of burn until you deal 38 damage off a Whispering Madness.
>>
Grenzo plus relentless rats. You’re welcome.
>>
>>59183463
I was gifted a Sensei's Divining Top when I first started. I don't know if that was a genuinely nice gesture or if the guy just wanted to fuck with the rest of the playgroup.
>>
>>59183674
MAKE NEW RAT
>>
>>59183674
Relentless Rats are shit. Rat Colony is where it's at now.
>>
>>59183463
I try, I'm slowly making an ur-dragon manabase not shit and giving everyone cool but cheap stuff. Whenever I order at cardmarket I end up spending a couple € more on cheap stuff

The guy who refuses to change any card in his deck makes me crazy though. The only one with a job besides me who could afford spending 5-10 € into something better. I understand that it's his money and he does what he wants with it, but whenever he complains about how weak his deck is I die inside
>>
>>59183644
Well now I want to play Jund Vial Smasher ramp with a ton of Hurricane and Earthquake effects.

Fuck everyone, but fuck this guy twice.
>>
File: 1518520576735.gif (2.96 MB, 540x275)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>59183359
>everyone is saying my web of inertia is a little weird/weak
>bojuka bog the doran player so he cant attack me the next turn
> later wheel away their graveyards and drop them all below 10 life with time spiral
>Tell them I only was attacked once because of my web their only response is "Oh"
Nekusar is a fun time deck
>>
>>59183648
>not just massacring them with a glistening oil or helm of the ghastlord
>>
I don't know what to do with mimeoplasm outside of
>entomb jin-G
>reanimate jin-G
Should I throw in a birthing pod and go all in on ETB effects?
>>
>>59183648
>38 damage off a Whispering Madness
I have new life goals.
>>
>>59183831
You're welcome, young padawan
>>
>>59183201
>Play jodah
>All basic lands are banned
>>
>>59183726
You are stupid. I’m talking about not paying the casting cost of the creature and cheating them out with grenzo. Why choose the inferior rat if paying same cost? You are stupid.
>>
>>59183935
>being baited
>>
>>59183716
Why? Same cost for worse rat. Why is tg so bad at magic?
>>
>>59183935
>>59183967
MAKE
NEW
RAT
>>
>>59183830
Just make an elf deck and give him an Entwined HOOFIN'

Although theres nothing that makes me giggle more than seeing someone Entwine Tooth and Nail, grab Craterhoof and Avenger of Zendikar then cycling Decree of Annihilation or Flashing Rout in response/after the triggers

>>59183897
Any stupid value shit works. You're playing BUG, good creatures to copy should NEVER be an issue.
I do like Fleet Swallower though, makes for a good time.
Entomb is alright but Jarad's Orders and Buried Alive are better imo, lets you sculpt a better Mimeoplasm a bit more.
>>
>>59182585
v true. I probably have some decent stuff left over from an old Alesha deck I can throw in there
>>
>>59183359
>Losing to nekusar
Wew
>>
Is Tymaret worth running as a commander, or should I just keep him in the 99?
>>
>>59183967
>Same cost
2 =/= 3 your absolute tard
>>
Best commander if I want to play big demons?
>>
>>59184260
Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker and 34 Shadowborn Apostles.
>>
>>59182038
If you want anymore draw add souls majesty. If you want more ramp add traverse the outlands
>>
>>59184260
Rakdos or shoeldred
>>
>>59183648
More questions. How many of the following do you run, if any:

Adamaro, First to Desire
Molten Psyche
Vision Skeins
Master of the Feast
>>
>>59184277
I've got burned before by people murdering the thing I targeted with Majesty but Traverse the Outlands sounds pretty neat, gonna add it on the shopping list.
>>
>>59184276
Can we please stop with the boring meme decks?
>>
>>59184260
[Spoiler] kaahlia [/Spoiler]
>>
>>59184260
That new guy from Dominaria that can draw you all your demons at once. Or Rakdos, not o miss on dope BR options
>>
>>59184335
Post your decks
I'm sure you have no meme decks
>>
>>59184335
He literally asked for a demons deck though. Shirei Apostles was my first deck and I can say with certainty that if he's looking to vomit out plenty of demons, the deck will do that.
>>
>>59181829
Winning through Jarad gets people butthurt, but that's fair considering how much of a salt miner I become when someone is playing RU/X.
God I hate Mizzix and Inalla so much.
>>
>>59184467
What's your favourite thing to drain with?
I always loved Myriad creatures.
>>
Is Mizzix actually a good commander or is he secretly garbage that only retards complain about?
>>
>>59183883
I run Helm. Slap it on him and wheel once and your opponents get to enjoy topdecking for a good long while. Its like Leovold is still legal :^)

>>59184136
Yeah I know he's more of a pubstomp deck. Against cEDH decks I just hand them their wincon unless I get really lucky with a wheel.

>>59184297
Out of those I only run Molten Psyche. Vision Skeins is a one off, Seizan is way better than Adamaro, and as for MotF, I try to not run as many creatures unless they're vital stacks. Like Psychosis Crawler, Seizan, Niv Mizzet and Kederekt Parasite.
>>
>>59184488
Kokusho.
>>
>>59184467
Mizzix Did Nothing Wrong. He's the fairest XP commander while still not being garbo.
>>
>>59184512
It has blue, so clearly not the worst. She won't typically stick around without protection, but through Reiterate you can achieve infinite mana and win on the spot
>>
>>59184555
>reiterate
>infinite mana
how? I know one guy at my LGS who uses her but he always got mana through enter the infinite +inner fire
>>
>>59184580
Reiterating Rituals with enough XP to cover the generic costs+Buyback
>>
>>59184580
>he always got mana through enter the infinite +inner fire
The jank is strong.
>>
>>59184638
it's a very casual shop, we all play silly stuff like that
I personally enjoy using sorin markov plus hidetsugu's second rite to kill people
>>
>>59184638
When I did the same online a few years ago as Niv-Mizzet people thought I was the hardest of tryhards and got salty
>>
>>59184528
Thanks for the advice. One last one for now: Fate Unraveler y/n?
>>
>>59184710
EtI is like Yawgamoth's Will ad far as I'm concerned: it's your fault for losing after you resolve it
>>
What's the best Dragon Shield Standard Sleeves - Matte color?
>>
>>59185056
it seems like my black and also red ones have held up the best over time. sky blue has been the worst.

just go with black if you aren't sure, red if you want to be a snowflake
>>
>>59185056
Depends on the deck your sleeving.
>>
>>59185105
cool red it is
>>
>>59185132
i should mention that i don't know if the color is really the issue (like if the plastic they use is different depending on the color). it could also be the fact that i shuffle/play some decks more than others.

i have heard that white dragon shield mattes suck though.
>>
>>59185132
Note that the Matte sleeves are not entirely opaque. If you have double sided cards they can be noticed through the sleeve.
>>
File: 1503537462366.jpg (27 KB, 542x474)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
how autistic am I if I get mildly upset that people can't remember their own triggers
especially when they miss a "may" trigger like aura shards and try to rewind
please just look at your own fucking board once in a while
>>
File: dragonstorm.png (121 KB, 199x285)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Anyone got tech on building a dragonstorm deck that storms off to win?

preferably one that can cast the dragons as a backup plan.
>>
>>59185189
All of them? Because on the store picture some colors seem to let more trough while other none at all
>>
>>59184764
Yes. It's a creature but 4cmc and a decent blocker are just fine.
>>
>>59185195
You cant rewind for "may" triggers. Mandatory ones like Howling Mine must be followed.
>>
>>59185195
Extremely. No need for autism like that in edh, you're playing with buds beer and buds.
>>
>>59185231
Black and Purple ones are fine, any of the others are going to be noticeable if you look hard enough.
>>
>>59185331
Ah right, so black is my best bet.
>>
>>59185370

For matte ones I love Jet personally. Think about it as a slightly shinier black
>>
>>59185394
Do they have these white dots?
>>
>>59185224
Intet is the only way I can see you casting Dragonstorm and not feeling sad you tapped for it.
>>
Is there a better feeling then teaching a new player who gets stuck in and understands the rules really well?

Out of the 3 friends our group has introduced to Magic the latest one I spent the most time with and he has a great grasp of the game and can function really well even within layers, it just makes me happy being able to play complex decks against him.

He's also the only person who thinks combos are cool too
>>
>>59185056
I just bought the pictured sleeves so far they have the (inferior) shuffle feel of the matte sleeves but they are glossy
>>
File: 1614-X3001.jpg (72 KB, 800x1200)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>tfw you win with darksteel reactor
>>
>>59185331
Purple ones have given me trouble them and matte black are the only two that have been shitty for me
>>
>>59185695
In fairness without a bounce to hand spell or exile it's a time bomb.
>>
I need help anons.

I want to build flash hulk. I understand that you cast flash with protean hulk in your hand, which sacs the hulk, then you pull grab 6cmc of creatures, probably something to recur the hulk a few times, or woodland bellower. Does anyone have a list or a solid primer I can look at? I'm planning on running BUG Mimeoplasm if that helps at all.
>>
>>59181829
My Daretti deck has a reputation as my un-fun deck. Turns out people don't like seeing Jokulhaups put on the stack turn 5. Some stupid concepts I played around with but never built:
>'Shuffle your library.dec': 5c crammed with ways to force people to shuffle their libraries.
>'Concession Stand': the goal is to exile every card from every deck, except for a Platinum Angel and Abyssal Persecutor left in play. no other permanents, no hands, no graveyards. no way to end the game except saying "fuck this" and giving up.
>>
>>59185056
Magenta
>>
File: rs_dr13.jpg (67 KB, 426x600)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>59185885
>I need help anons.
>I want to build flash hulk
Yeah you need help alright
>>
File: Shirei.jpg (736 KB, 884x1148)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>>
So, you'll have to forgive me as I have not really taken part in these threads before.

I'm really interested in making a red/black deck that works around just slowly burning down resources. I wanted to use cards like Waste Not and Sulfuric Vortex but also some wheels too?

Would this work well? Any other suggestions to put into the deck? I was thinking of having Mogis as the forerunner
>>
>>59185056
Purple
>>
>>59185934
>he plays in a whiny bitch meta where people aren't giving 110% at all times
It's okay senpai, one day you'll get to play with the big boys. I have flash, I have hulk, all I want to do is rain down combos t2. Planeswalker teferi is a touch too slow for my meta, oona infinities is closer but slightly too janky. How else will I use my foil mimeoplasm?
>>
>>59185885
Run White too and grab Grand Abolisher, Cephalid Illusionist and Nomads en-Kor for the mill combo.

Or get Carrion Feeder, Karmic Guide and Kiki Jiki

Or get a brand new playgroup when you do this shit enough times. It's obnoxious when you're not playing competitively and you should feel bad.

It shouldn't have been unbanned.
>>
>>59185974
>I have flash, I have hulk, all I want to do is rain down combos t2
>>>/VintageGeneral/
>>
>>59185885
why play flashhulk without white tho
>>
>>59181829

My buddy has a Gay Kings grouphug deck we call the Judgebreaker.
>>
File: 1484612802075.jpg (106 KB, 400x400)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>59185885
>sultai needs help
>>
>>59181829
I've never invoked much rage or confusion, but my friend has a Rakdos, the Defiler deck where he tries to cheat out It that Betrays in response to Rakdos' attack trigger and it really does upset people.
>>
>>59186004
So the cephalid combo is just a labman win? That's pretty disappointing. Carrion feeder, karmic guide and kiki-jiki puts me firmly into 5c ten million dollar decks, and I might as well flash hulk for lab man, hermit druid, and mother of runes or someshit. I do have a derevi just sitting in my binder, but I've always envisioned Bant being more stax than degenerate combo.

>>59186060
This is a good point, it's just something I'm unfamiliar with, so I wanted to get a little insight into how it works.
>>
File: 123141245.jpg (31 KB, 388x532)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>Be me
>Playing at a LGS
>Another player brings out an Underground Sea
>My Turn
>Sinkhole his dual land just to be a twat.
>>
>>59186182
>alright I'm going to blow up one of your lands
>anon, which one is your favorite? I'm picking that one, specifically that one.
Alternatively, nuking shiny lands always makes me happy.
>>
>>59186145
Bant is just homo "it's not that bad" and Sultai is fag "it's not as good as x though".
By the sounds of it you'll be happy with either.

They're both UGx value colours, really hard to build and full of jank.
>>
>>59183359
This has nothing to do with magic, but you saying that nekusar is your im done with this shit deck FOR YEARS made me realize how long those guys have been out, seems like they just came out

I feel old now
>>
>>59186232
You just sound salty
It's plenty easy to build jank of either
>>
>>59186232
Alright anon, where did the UGx decks touch you?

I honestly, unironically, find UGx decks overrated unless you're spending $2k+ and leovold with chains and bogardan anvil.
>>
>>59186145
>Bant being more stax than degenerate combo.
Derevi is both a Pod untap-er and a good point to start a Pod chain
>>
>>59185435

They are more shiny than white, kinda like a sparkly rock
>>
Any other foil fags hoping that WOTC pulls some sneaky shit with Dominaria? It'd be an awesome set to include them.
>>
>>59186351
>foil Yargle is now worth $100
I support this.
>>
>>59186306
>>59186262
I've just got one mate who can't build without UGx
If he built straight Simic I'd be happier, it's just boring. It's basically the same card core and splash colour.

UGx isn't that bad, I'm just tired after another grindy card night
>>
>>59186306
Simic Internet Defense Force detected
>>
>>59186004
>Or get Carrion Feeder, Karmic Guide and Kiki Jiki
>Get 11 cmc of stuff
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>59186391
Presumably he gets the guide and feeder first to rez the Hulk
>>
>>59181829
i disassembled memnarch because stealing lands is bullshit and unwindimg clock meant i took a turn during each opponents turn

good way to make enemies is to steal 5 of their lands during their upkeep, then use those lands to steal more lands from the next player during his upkeep
>>
>>59186388
I play every colour. I don't actually have a UGx deck at the moment, but I run Feldon, Ghave, Skittles (who will become Yargle), Venser, NuAvacyn, Planeswalker Teferi, Rakdos Lord of Riots, and Uril hatebears.

>>59186378
It's okay anon, come play with me and you'll just hate artifacts instead of colour combos.
>>
>>59182054
play boros, flood board, boros charm in response to the wrath, kill one player, run out of gas, die
>>
>>59186428
No one cares fag
>>
>>59186417
I'm dumb and bad at this game. That, obviously, didn't even occur to me
>>
>>59186391
>can't even follow the chain
Come on mate

>get Feeder
>get Karmic
>return Hulk with Karmic Trigger
>sacc Hulk with Feeder
>grab Kiki
>copy Karmic Guide
>in response to new Guide trigger sacc Kiki
>return Kiki with the Guide
>make enough hasted Guides to win

>>59186428
I love artifacts lad
>>
>>59186451
This
>>
File: NevinyrralsDisk.jpg (34 KB, 223x310)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>59186465
Did we just become friends? What's your favorite artifact my man?
>>
File: 1501026455619.jpg (43 KB, 493x449)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>59186475
>>59186451
>it's that one poster who doesn't care about magic complaining about people talking about magic
What decks do you play, faglord?
>>
File: usg-314-voltaic-key.jpg (255 KB, 672x936)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>59186489
Disk is nice, but it's just not degen enough for me.
>>
File: 1503278581542.png (401 KB, 400x605)
401 KB
401 KB PNG

This dude, this utter man who can.
No matter how many times I've pulled him out my mates still gotta read him, even when i exsplain the combo they still don't get it.
And even the ones who do still dont cause i chanage the combo every two weeks
>dont worry he can't combo off, he doesn't have a untap outlet
>cage mirror mad phantasim to mill my deck, recur lab man and flash back faithless looting

So much jank
>charge counters
>planeswalkers
Going infinate is just the begining.
You don't know jank intil you've equiped mairsil with every permanent on the bard but a single goat that you need to crew him, phaseing him out, then argueing for an hour on how the fuck that works
>>
File: JwLSA4V.gif (1.76 MB, 512x384)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
>>59186507
>implying there's only 1
>implying you don't do it too
>>
File: Storm Cauldron.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>59186513
Voltaic key is fantastic, excellent choice. Lately I've been using it with Icy Manipulator to turn my Static Orb off on the endstep before my turn, then back on again on my endstep.
>>
>>59186507
>What decks do you play, faglord?
GW selvala, mimics Maverick in legacy
4c sodomy featuring gay dudes
5c basic lands matter
Feldon stax
Mono g selvala (cEDH)
Naya partners, combat tricks matter
Bant stuff I had in my binder
>>
>>59185056
The Petrol (kinda dark green) ones are really, really nice
>>
>>59183201
Is this the Stalinist LGS anon again?
>>
>>59186583
It enables so many combos for my Karn deck, definitely my MVP.

It's best friend is Basalt Monolith, my favourite question always is
>what are you even going to do with infinite colourless mana
>>
File: Spoiler Image (115 KB, 727x639)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>59186585
No one cares fag

But seriously, how does your feldon stax deck work out? I find feldon's pretty sub-par for stax because his body is pretty weak, and just slightly too slow without blue artifact tutors, unless you have some spicy stax tech I've never heard of.
>>
>>59186631
It's just the standard artifact lockdown package but with feldon my group was having a hard time dealing with the mono black version so I switched to an easier to disrupt version which also is significantly more fun imho
>>
File: 1503134599875.jpg (38 KB, 570x490)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>brand new player walks in with a big dick ghave deck
>starts randomly sacrificing things
>"Oh, sorry anon, I thought you could just sacrifice things whenever."
>scraps his deck
>next week comes in with some convoluted monoblue Accum artifact bullshit
>starts randomly tapping his things
>"Oh sorry anon, I didn't know you actually needed to tap things"
>>
>>59184528
>topdecking
m8 they gotta play instant action or else enjoy no hand. Always be oppressing is the main rule of nekusar.
>>
File: An-Zerrin Ruins.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>59186712
I play in a meta full of tribal decks, and this crazy bastard puts in a lot of work.
>>
>>59186516
How exactly are you crewing mairsil?
>>
>>59186746
I actually thought the same thing
Exactly once
And it didn't really matter
I just had Dying Wish on Serra Avatar to kill a combo guy
I just doom bladed it anyway
First kill ever, didn't even know half the cards in my deck yet lol I got very lucky
>>
>>59186746
mite not be his fault, could have had a bad teacher
some guys I regularly play with were taught Dark Ritual was a permanent that could be tapped each turn
>>
So I wanted to build Rashmi and someone i my group beat me to it.
I had my heart set on it but now I have to find another fun simic commander.
How's Tatyova looking? I don't want to just do ramp
>>
File: 1518725835176.jpg (79 KB, 241x482)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>59186826
>that spoiler
Sweet jesus holy fuck I wish.
>>
>>59186828
Experiment Kraj is a lot of fun.
Especially if you've already got some +1/+1 counter decks in your meta.
>>
File: 1465707095124.gif (1.68 MB, 480x269)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB GIF
>>59186828
>simic
>>
>>59186828
>someone i my group beat me to it
There's only one unfortunately, I'm sorry for your loss
>>
Did anyone saved the instagram from that anon who paint alters?
I want to ask him how many blowjobs do I have to pay for a Feldon alter.
>>
>>59186879
>Experiment Kraj is a lot of fun
I found it to be slow, easily disrupted and bullshit if it ever did actually win
I don't recommend it
Vorel of the Hull Clade is a much better more practical and powerful jankmaster +1/+1 deck
>>
Need some help with my list.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jolrael-land-ramp-copy/
>>
>>59185618
>only 1 of the new art sleeves are matte
>Nidhogg won't be matte
>It isn't even out yet
Feels fucking bad man
>>
>>59186992
Glossy > matte
The more you play the more you will realize this
>>
File: 1474706966604.jpg (19 KB, 440x587)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>59187004
Matte tends to shuffle a lot better in my experience.

Why do you like gloss? Legit question
>>
>>59187019
Shuffle feel, the matte sleeves tend to catch on the corners when you mash
Also the quality of matte shields have been all over the place lately, glossy have stayed relatively stable
I'm testing those picture sleeves I really hope they aren't a waste of money
>>
>>59187061
>Mashing
>Not riffling
>>
>>59187019
Only bad thing about glossy is the disgusting grime that builds up on them
It's way worse on the glossy than the matte
So I always play with a clean playmat cause I've converted all my Decks to glossy dragonshields
>>
>>59187072
>Bending your cards that much ever time you shuffle
I know they can take it but it still takes a bit to have them straighten out
>>
File: m12-222-worldslayer.jpg (214 KB, 672x936)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
My general is indestructible. Should I run this?
>>
>>59187686
how much do you want that deck to become "that fucking worldslayer deck"? because that's what happens
>>
>>59187686
Yeah duh
If you can't remove an artifact what the hell are you doing playing edh
>>
>>59187686
Yes, its always funny
>>
File: 1514173638886.png (44 KB, 744x687)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>59187794
Playing mono-black
>>
>>59187686
I would be impressed if you pulled this off
>>
>>59187686
>he wants indestructible before using worldslayer

pussy
>>
File: download (3).jpg (10 KB, 190x265)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
So will this faggot retain its value, or should I get rid of it while it's 30$?
>>
>>59187886
Depends on if WOTC feels like sucking collector cock, or if they do the smart thing and reprint it in the next commander set.
>>
>>59187844
>playing any mono color deck besides Mono white Zetalpa equipment voltron.
>>
>>59187886
they'll reprint it amd the salt will be hilarious

but if you sell it you're only making like 20 bucks and cant run beacon for a year or so, seems like a waste of time
>>
>>59187844
Mono black can deal with Artifacts ok
>>
File: ed7.jpg (47 KB, 596x628)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>59187911
>Mono white
>Mono
>white
>>
File: Image (6).jpg (29 KB, 223x310)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>59187844
grow a spine
>>
>>59187844
Scour the common's box.
>>
>>59187936
Kemba is a lot of fun shut your marchesa hole
>>
>>59187844
Show your old school cred.
>>
File: 330.jpg (68 KB, 312x445)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>59188031
It's narrow but this works too
>>
>>59182546
Kaervek the Merciless is the best choice
>>
>>59187898
>reprint it on a creature

>white just to fuck Muldrotha
>>
>>59187848
>Put this in Avacyn
>Lol anon take that card out it fucking sucks
>Nah its funny
>Has ended up winning me like 10 games
Fuck the haters anon, buy a Worldslayer and put notches in it for every game it wins you.
>>
File: Image (15).png (152 KB, 223x311)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>59181829
>>
>>59186746
My friends and I came from another card game where you had to tap things on blocking as well, and holy hell did our games take a long-ass time before we learned otherwise for Magic.
>>
>>59182069
Ursapine, Nylea
>>
>>59187886
>30 dollars
Wasnt this 10 bucks 2 weeks ago? What the shit.
>>
>>59188154
Nothing to see here, goy.
>>
when will they make more black foil planeswalkers, they're my favorite because everyone I play with is a moron and forgets that they're on the field because of the foiling
>>
I'm having a struggle upgrading my deck.
I could make it so it's much better all around, potentially ready to sit down with a random deck at an LGS, or I can keep the tech I have that deals with my kitchen table group.

I play at an LGS every Wednesday, and sometimes once a week with friends.
>>
File: 72.jpg (59 KB, 312x445)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>order a sword of feast and famine
>Get this instead
There was a "mistake"
>>
File: 1337140034236.png (34 KB, 207x209)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>59187911
>mono white voltron
>not sword-wielding doggo
>>
>>59188311
I've never ordered online from tcgplayer after a "verified" seller sent me a creeping tar-pit that I'm 90% sure is fake
>>
File: Kjeldoran Outpost 3.png (609 KB, 744x1039)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
Gonna print this out on a blank foil as a birthday present to a friend trying to pimp out his boros deck, any glaring problems?
It doesn't have a foil printing and is on the reserved list so I doubt the foil will ever get a real card.
>>
>>59188185
A better all around deck will be more fun and have more longevity and be more versatile than one tailored to your play group.
You're looking at constant changes to tech to keep up with your group if they ever change it up, and you're looking at a shitty time when you go into blind metas.
>>
>>59181829
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigarda-hero-of-gavony/
thinking of replacing sigarda as commander and going with the new GW angel from dominaria, as she's functionally better.

>TQ
my animar deck usually makes people mad, but i used to run a Derevi deck, with Jalira, Master Polymorphist as the secret commander. almost all of the creatures in the deck were legendaries, aside from some major fatties. the deck obviously didn't fit the commander, and caused some unwarranted deckbuilding advice, until Jalira hit the table and started morphing tokens into Worldspine Wurms and leviathans. i ended up disassembling it, as it was mostly a one-trick pony gimmick deck.
>>
>>59188426
Mostly it's about having enough creature kill. I'm never sure how much is right since I started playing with a craw wurm kitchen table meta where only one guy is allowed to combo without it being shamed since "it's his thing".

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/food-for-the-flesh-flies/?cb=1523929062
Here's the deck as is. I've got an Ashnod's Altar, Blood Artist, Harrow, Caustic Caterpillar, Fleshbag Maurader, Viscera Seer and Puppeteer Clique on the way. I really want some stuff like Dictate of Erebos and Woodfall Primus but I don't start my new job until May so I've gotta wait a bit for the pricier cards.
>>
>>59181829
How do I build her /edhg/? Edhrec is only giving me shit for angel tribal
>>
>>59188521
Run her in the 99 of a better deck
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (58 KB, 800x614)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>59188539
>>
>>59188521
You play loads of punishment artifacts and enchantments with some stax creatures and just make people sad as fuck.
>>
>>59188521
Honestly, boros is kind of limited. You would run her the same way you run every other boros deck (not countering firesong and sunspeaker). You put in good creatures and attack with them.

Not saying you can't have fun with it, but know what you're getting into.
>>
>>59188550
You know I'm right
>>
>>59188031
I legit didn't know about this, thanks anon
>>
>>59185056
they just release gold, silver, and copper in matte. And the copper looks so good.
>>
>>59188561
>firesong and sunseeker
So excited to make this deck but so annoyed at how they're giving it out.
>>
>>59188591
Eh. Just print one. Make like an altered art card and print it. It's not counterfeiting, it's 'customizing'.
>>
>>59188611
I'm getting the copy from my groups draft, but it still sucks.
>>
>>59188611
Honestly, if someone is mad at the proxy of a dollar rare I don't know what to tell them.
>>
>>59188634
I had someone get assmad that I had custom full art basic lands.

I never played with them ever again, but still. Some people get anal about it.
>>
>>59187072
You mash sleeved cards and riffle unsleeved. Sleeved cards are too stiff to riffle well.
>>
>>59186351
Like Tenth Edition?
>>
>>59188520
I really like that list so far, anon, and I think you're missing a huge opportunity by not playing Gravepact and Dictate as focal points of the deck, you can soft combo by having easy sac outlets with these enchantments out. Essentially locking opponents' creatures off the board. Pawn of Ulamog, and Sengir Autocrat, and other cards that create bodies when others die will give you a shit ton of fuel to win the turn you cast your commander. Look into Nether Traitor, he's been an mvp in my Gravepact deck Savra was my commander.
>>
>>59188361
You know that tcgplayer will refund you if you complain right? Or did you just not say anything?
>>
>>59188361
>>59188311
I ordered a jin-gitaxias when they were like $30 funny money, and I'm 90% sure it's fake. I run all sorts of real expensive cards, so no one will question it, but I was pissed I spent so much money. I only buy cardboard in person now.
>>
>>59188719
Thanks, I'll look into Nether Traitor. I'll probably grab a Phyrexian Altar too, since if I'm looking at going off early I'll need the coloured mana.

I know when the combo side of my stuff gets more resiliant/complete I can drop stuff like Great Oak Guardian and can replace Blood Bairn with Viscera Seer etc.
I just always feel like the creature count is way too high at the moment, but my deck isn't in its final iteration to be fair.
>>
>>59188809
Apparently it's common for people to think cards are fake but never question it or take it up with the seller. Hmm.
>>
>>59186516
Post list please.
>>
>>59184160
First play grenzo with no counters. Have at least 50 rats in deck. Now for 2 mana any color you have 50/50 shot at hitting rat and putting into play. Why the fuck would you cheat a two casting cost in for two you stupid fuck. Cheat a 3 casting cost in for 2. Get it now or do you need more explanation?
>>
>>59188867
Yes. I just like to pretend that it's real, and it's better quality than the villa zheng shit so I can't really complain. But shady cardstores in quebec aren't going to give me a refund without taking 10 years and bitching about it first.
>>
>>59188905
If you got it off TCG or ebay you're pretty much guaranteed to get your money back.
>>
>>59188724
I didn't realize until way later because I let a friend borrow it and he pointed out how it might be a fake
I didn't know you could get a refund though, but I'm not that upset
>>
>>59188835
quality over quantity, replace the chaff with draw black has a ton of one-shot draw spells, and green has sylvan library.
not to mention fecundity as well
>>
>>59188926
Do i just send the cardboard back and ask for a refund?
>>
Hey /ehd/, which is the jankiest deck you have ever built?
>>
File: Radha, Muscle MILF Waifu.png (2.43 MB, 1920x1080)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
So what legends from Dominaria you brewing up?
And is there a reasonable way to build pic related other than infinite combat steps?
>>
I am playing with Vorinclex as a commander and the guys playing with me want to punch me in the throat. Wat do
>>
>>59188988
>And is there a reasonable way to build pic related other than infinite combat steps?
Not if your main goal is winning.
>>
>>59188975
Lazav wheels. You run windfall, whispering madness, memory jar, dark deal ect. and everything you possibly can to recur that shit.

Your wincon is sphinx's tutelage + jace's erasure. To fuck people's day, you run undead alchemist and exile their bid dick eldrazi. It actually works if people aren't aware of what you're doing.
>>
>>59189000
You deal with it because even if they cost a million mana to actually get out every praetor besides Urabrask are dicks to deal with if you don't have access to removal right fucking then.
>>
>>59188988
She's unfortunately probably going to be better as a support card in the deck of a token commander like Marath or Tana/X
>>
>>59188956
Yeah eventually I wanna get hold of a Phyrexian Arena, Necropotence as well as Dictate of Erebos, Grave Pact and more valuable stuff, but it'll take a bit of time.

The more I tune this combo the more I'll have to make another deck to play at the kitchen table since everyones pretty weird with how you win there.

I've wanted to make Ulrich Werewolves for a while and know they're garbage but I'll make it for my mates who hate getting non-combatted
>>
Are you a bad enough dude to make something that work with this shit?
>>
>>59189132
could work well in a kresh fling deck
>>
File: som-80-tainted-strike.jpg (242 KB, 672x936)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>59189132
Just don't block him man I'm monoblack what's the worst that could happen
>>
>>59189132
varolz?
>>
>>59188969
You send a message to the seller on your respective site. If they don't resolve the problem for you you message customer support on your respective site.
>>
>>59189000
You play a general that isn't such obvious counter/removal bait.

Seriously. It's like someone running Iona as there general. I'm gonna save a Counterspell Just for you.
>>
>>59188521
Who has the heart full het alter?
>>
Seb McKinnon is apparently going to start a kickstarter with playmats featuring art from some of the art he's done for magic, similar to what Mohrbacher and a few other artists have done.
I know you fucks have a hard on for him and he has a thread on reddit taking suggestions for what art to pick.
>>
>>59188888
2 =/= 3
>>
>>59185953
Mogis
>>
>>59189132
H O T
S
O
U
P
>>
>>59186051
Don't you know, commander is just for people who want to play with busted old cards and combo out.
>>
File: 5d6.jpg (10 KB, 250x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>59189338
>>
File: commander.jpg (2.05 MB, 3513x2233)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
What other cards should i add to my prossh commander? sorry about shit quality
>>
>>59189390
>Destroy all plains
B...but why?
>>
>>59189390
Frankly, this pile looks more like a Xenagod deck, not a Prossh deck
>>
>>59189390
Any random green black or red card seems to be your theme lad.
>>
>>59189390
>Flashfires
Who hurt you? What did white do to you, anon? It was Iona, wasn't it?
>>
>>59189414
>>59189632
>not having flashfires in every single one of your red commander decks in the event you play against monowhite
>>
File: file.png (130 KB, 223x311)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>no one's talking about the bans and unbans
what the fuck guys?
>>
>>59189681
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>59189681
link?
>>
File: 1464498747234.jpg (39 KB, 500x388)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>59189681
>caring about mtgo
>>
File: zimbabwe.png (47 KB, 881x384)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>59189729
>>59189734
>>
Someone was trying for the Nyv's Disc/Mycosynth Lattice/Darksteel Foundry lock, and I topdecked a Merciless Eviction, clearly calling artifacts. This was an hour and about fourty-five minutes into the game already. We all agreed to a draw.
>>
>>59189755
thank you for sharing
>>
>>59189729
>>59189734
>>59189736
sorry i'm dumb, i didn't realize it was cEDH bannings that were updated, not commander in general.
>>
>>59189681
>no changes
who gives a single fuck
>>
>>59189746
Thanks Nik
>>
>>59189778
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/172998145739/1v1-commander-banned-and-restricted-announcement

Man you can't even get that right
>>
File: file.png (209 KB, 500x332)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>59189813
is cEDH and 1v1 not the same thing?
>>
>>59189813
>Griselbrand
Soon(tm)

How would Razzy-anon deal if not only was Razaketh not banned, but Griselbrand was unbanned?
>>
>>59189835
he might kill himself before he gives us our 100 bucks
>>
File: 1494279950634.jpg (64 KB, 540x606)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>59189746

>What will be banned
>Nothing Sheldon uses
>>
>>59189869
what does sheldon even play?
>>
File: 1498445122214.jpg (97 KB, 715x494)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>59189834
No anon, they're not, can't you read?
Do you just like being bullied?
>>
>>59189893
mono green craw wurm with no ramp, because cheating the one land per turn rule leads to degenerate and unfun boardstates.
>>
File: file.png (238 KB, 482x482)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>59189923
i do but that's besides the point i really didn't know
>>
>>59189980
so who's his commander?
>>
>>59189746
what's your craziest prediction edhg?
i'll happily bet and lose money on planeswalkers being okay'd as commanders
>>
>>59189998

rofellos. it's banned so only he can play it.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 263x191)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>59189986
cEDH is literally the same as normal EDH but everyone is actually just playing vintage tier combo decks with mana rocks out the ass. You still have to worry about 3 other people fucking up your plans though.
>>
>>59190013
Just you wait guys
>>
File: 15.jpg (56 KB, 312x445)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>59189893
I think he mostly plays UGx but like only trash rares and expensive enablers
He's the kind of guy who would flash hulk in turn 2 and get 6 Mana dorks
Or cast a Cryptic Annelid off of Mana drain
>>
>>59190013
Ban Island.
>>
>>59190013
Demon man ban
Paradox engine ban
Pro hulk rebanned
>>
>>59189681
>1v1
>bans winter orb
>bans sylvan library

Wow, literally shit format
>>
File: ¹.png (3 KB, 36x32)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>59190038
tHᴀɴks ᴀɴoɴ
>>
>>59189746
Unban Prophet!
>>
>>59190053
wait for you to stop posting retarded shit? you bet.
>>
>>59190053
Would be neat to play Slimefoot and anything with white for a cool saproling deck. Shame it would make 0 sense to make that rule.
>>
File: 1488260568963.png (121 KB, 220x270)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>59190332

Prophet deserves nothing and that is where she shall stay. UG is cancer.
>>
>>59189031
i cant decide if she is a better neheb. she only ramps with swinging bois while he gets any damage done before main phase 2.
>>
>>59190053
would be cool, but i doubt unless they surprise print it with the keyword intact. but i guess it could be a new edh "rule" also.

but then that kind of rule would apply to a bunch of m25 reprints and old reserve list legends. mite b cool.
>>
>>59190549
They're vastly different, Neheb is all about board control via earthquake effects and bursting down players with spells. Radha has the ability to be as explosive as Neheb but you risk yourself getting blown out by board wipes when you flood the board. You'd probably just wind up using the mana as trickle advantage to avoid looking too threatening.
>>
>>59190620
Most importantly you should be allowed to play two Brothers Yamazaki as partner commanders.
>>
>>59190662
I don't think anyone would stop you from doing so.
>>
>>59190662
But only if they have different art. Otherwise it's illegal.
>>
>>59190721
i dunno man, EDH attracts the biggest autists after all
>>
>>59190662
>>59190721
>mfw cloning one of your Brothers Yamazaki makes your Brothers' rule stop working cause there are now not "exactly two" on the battlefield.

Man fuck the old legend rule, and why didn't they errata this card afterwards.
>>
File: 1488131004675.jpg (13 KB, 339x302)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>59190773

Say what you will about the old legend rule but there was no better feeling than:

>Opponent drops JtMS
>Acts smug as fuck cause that's honestly worth more than what everyone values the player at
>New player drops Old School Jace without a clue in the world
>Table's face when they both go explode
>>
>>59190802
What, planeswalkers weren't legendary until recently right? I thought they had their own planeswalker ruling meaning no two planeswalkers of the same type - but was it on the battlefield and not just under your control?
>>
>>59190829
You can have as many Planeswalker: Jace's out now as you want. You just can't have two with identical names.
>>
>>59190873
Yes, now. But previously, wasn't it just under your control that they'd blow eachother up?
>>
>>59190882
it use to be like highlander; there can only be one. this applied to different names of the same planeswalker, hence why planeswalker jace was in the typing.

now its just everyone gets one. fuck the cannon, timeline, and paradoxes; we got cardboard to sell!
>>
>>59190829
Back in OG zendikar standard, all blue decks ran Mind Sculptor even if it didn't fit the deck just so it would shut down your opponents' Jaces
>>
File: 1452235903765.jpg (112 KB, 458x413)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>59190918
Alright. I gotta admit, I've literally never cast or even owned a planeswalker in my life. I refuse to play with them. Same with doublefaced cards.
>>
>EDH is popular enough that Sheldon & Co could strategically ban/unban cards to do some insider trading
You know if they unbanned Prophet it'd shoot through the roof.
>>
>>59190829
The Legend rules have gone through some iterations. I'm not sure what the first one was, but the first one I know of is that once a Legend was in play, neither player could play a copy of it. Then, they changed it so that if there were identical ones in play, all of them died. Then they changed it to be local to the players as hey are now, so if you have several copies, you choose one to keep.
Then they changed Planeswalkers to be consistent with legendary cards and check for name instead of planeswalker type.
>>
>>59191023
good thing i already have two
>>
>>59191023
>>59191035
Good thing I already have two promos. Based clash pack promos. I love my temple from those decks too.
>>
File: 1489770976466.gif (17 KB, 540x316)
17 KB
17 KB GIF
>>59191023

>Stocked up on Caged Suns during New Phyrexia when they were like $2
>Have upwards of ten
>Currently sitting at near $10 and rising
>My face

Why were they so cheap? I don't understand!
>>
>>59189253
That sounds interesting, always wanted an Attended Knight mat
>>
>>59191135
>>59191135
>>59191135
new thread
>>59191135
>>59191135
>>59191135
>>
anyone here doing deck techs? need some help with oloro zombie enchantments. thought about zur so i could get arcane adaptation out asap, but decided against the hate it would bring.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloros-army-of-darkness/
>>
>>59181829
Built a sea creature deck with phelddagrif as the commander because i wanted to ramp hard. Put in Suture Priest and Rite of Replication so i could kill people with hippos tokens.
>>
>>59190501
But I want mana for counterspells on every player's turn :^(

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.