[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: TnT Demo Cover.png (175 KB, 230x300)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
Dont have the correct thread links edition.

First post because I don't want AWG to fall off the face of the earth.

What were yall doing on this day off? Yall buy or build anything?

AWG still the best general on /tg/ - thanks to yall I got M1 garand minis for cheap. (Please see /k/ on how to get actual M1 garands).
>>
>>59183877
I want the new version of TnT
>>
>>59184135
>TiNaT
>>
>>59184135
There's still only a 1st edition - there's been additions with the wasteland companion that's added factions/scenarios, but, there's no new editions.

I think Wreck-Age was the one that's already gone under a 2e.
>>
>>59183877
You have one job ;)

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks, or people's homebrew wargames. /hwg/ doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games, so this thread isn't tied to a game, or a genre, lets talk about fun wargames.

Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
Grimdark Future, Age of Fantasy, Mighty Armies, Dragon Rampant, Of Gods and Mortals, Frostgrave, Ghost Archipelago, Hordes of the Things, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Freebooter's Fate, Dark Age, Beyond the Gates of Antares, LotR and anything that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread (gorkamundheim).

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit?usp=sharing

>The Novice Trove
http://pastebin.com/viWJ1Yvk
>>
>>59184744
I'll save this so that I can update it correctly from here on out.
>>
Admittedly, I'm a filthy lorehound, but does anyone else enjoy the setting that emerges organically from "Your dudes" games?

Was reminiscing with a friend last night about the sci-fi setting that evolved out of my brother and I playing with Ivan's Fast and Dirty rules. Never any sort of proper campaign planning, just scenarios that springboarded off one another to give the setting life. Honestly, that was my favorite thing to take away from those games.
>>
>>59184905
Pretty much EXACTLY why I play TnT/BFG/other games: I even have set my game in the Fallout universe, but, I have nearly 80 years between the Great War and the first games to create a "my dudes" setting, and they only know about the coasts - and nothing regarding the center.

It's got a lot to work with, but still plenty of room to grow.
>>
>>59183877
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/archive
Nigger how can you not c/p old OPs?
>>
>>59185146
I apologize for being the blackest Africans - I fucked up hard gang.
>>
>>59184905
One of the things I look for most, in skirmish games especially, is a solid campaign system. I love telling the story of my dudes through their actions in game.

Shame it's so hard for me to organize any sort of campaign due to my work schedule.
>>
>>59186117
Well, you can start using the solo rules from the solo general that shows up on occasion. Yall recommended that I see the Victory by Any means for naval/large unit based progression (not as good for individuals).

Are you looking for more RPG or more like Necromunda?
>>
>>59186204
I like a sort of mixture. I want a small band that grows as they fight together. I love the campaign system in Open Combat, and I quite like the one for MERCS but I've only got one other peraon around me who plays that.

I don't need the campaign to be super detailed where the post game stuff takes two days to sort out, but I want something that gives my dudes some character between fights.
>>
>>59184905
>enjoy the setting that emerges organically from "Your dudes" games
This is why I play. Have a small group and we're all on board with it. Feels good. Just wish we weren't all so damn busy and could play more often.
>>
>>59186241
does the PDF share have the new 2.0 Mercs Rules?

Do I need the cards to have the initiative/campaign progression bits ('cause those are the only parts that interest me).
>>
>>59186772
I known that feel, man. I work Friday and Saturday nights so when the majority of people are getting together to roll dice I'm at my desk hating my job.
>>
>>59187052
tabletop simulator or solos?

I travel a lot - it's why I play so many solos.
>>
>>59187050
I don't know if it's there, but they are available on Megacon's website.

Although some atuff is missing, including the campaign rules.

The major thing you'll need fornthe campaign is a map, some players and the dice that work for the campaign and for the Conflict dice game.
>>
>>59183877
How good is This is Not a Test? Is it fun? Good for "your dudes"?
>>
>>59187354
imagine Necromunda meets fallout - almost exactly the campaign format as Necromunda.

I highly recommend it if you want to avoid the potential clusterfuck that is the Modiphius Fallout game - lots of tokens and cards and shit to prevent people from just torrenting the game.
>>
>>59187052
>work Friday and Saturday nights
mans, I hear that. Sous chef here. Our group's a clusterfuck of schedules but every second sunday we can usually manage to get together.

>>59187094
I am not quite ready to accept my fate and solo game a bunch. But it is tempting at times.
>>
Anyone else get the dark age path to glory box?
Did yours have the wount tokens that were indicated on the box? Mine seems to have no included them.
>>
>>59187657
It's even worse when you're travelling across continents all the time.
>>
Anyone know of a store that has wargames factory shock troops in stock? Figured I'd ask here.
>>
>>59187459
>lots of tokens and cards and shit to prevent people from just torrenting the game.

Did i ever mention how i feel about Fantasy Flight Games?
maybe i should.
>wojack.jpg
also,This is Not a Test now has my attention....
i assume the troop size is about the same as Necromunda?
>>
>>59187657
I work in a call center right now. So I spend my weekends dealing with people too stupid to read and then being mad at me.

I keep debating doing a solo game of MERCS Recon and filming it for YouTube, but that would be a long endeavour.
>>
>>59188488

Yes hi hello the sticker on my toaster said not to stick the cat in it. Well I stuck the cat in it and now my bagels are burning and it's your fault. Fix it.

I'd be interested in seeing solo Mercs. Kind of tempted to rope my brother back into Work-Time skirmishes. WE wander by thoughout the day, write down our commands, they play out , we wander back, resolve, go again. Sort of like people who set chessboards up at their office cubicles and play throughout the day.
>>
>>59188432
so, the minis from Worlds End are themselves true 28mm vs. the "heroic" 28mm.

The facebook group and the rulebook itself all recommend places to get true-scale 28mm human minis (monsters, robots, et al - they can be bigger with no problem).

>>59188432
In the early stages it's actually WAY smaller than Necromunda. there are fully competitive warbands that are 3 dudes. Granted, that's not wise and it's like running an all harlies list in 40k, but, it's doable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHYUTxIA2P4&list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXjmt8bbt48W0D6mwn-nJ9W

This is a whole playlist going over the very beginning to the lastest updates of the game (all still V1) - see how you like it. Max I've seen in game is 8 on one side, and like 6 on the other. small games.

>>59188488
videotaping anything is going to take a lot of time and effort. It's why I do the old 40k Vassal overhead tokens and then just type everything up.

GL HF at the job. I've been doing cold calls for my current job, and I have nothing but respect for yall on the phones every day.
>>
What's awg's thoughts on malifaux?
>>
>>59188995
stuck at the weird intersection of "40k rival" and "awg-only". Kind of like that batman game.

Honestly, and I fear this about MERCS too, is that without a super defined setting, it'll just bog down into generic sci-fi without some kind of hook/theme/gimmick to differentiate it.
>>
Has anyone given Warpath a serious try ? is it any good ?
>>
>>59187784
Are play by post games still a thing people do?
>>
>>59189571
Hah, absolutely not.

Wargaming is such a fractured hobby as is that something with hex-and-chit or designated coordinates in a PbP system is just not happening.

Especially for something like Necromunda or similar games - how'd that work with a 3D terrain/environment?
>>
Who here runs a mutant warband in TnT? I'm looking to make a mutant pirates band and was looking for some advice on mutations
>>
>>59189615
>how'd that work with a 3D terrain/environment?
Probably a bit fast/lose with buildings being 'ruined' thus cover that los can be drawn through at any point for convince or 'intact' with set windows. Side maps for the inside of buildings and floorplans. Designate what's 1/2 model height for fences and barricades and junk. Draw straight lines with a computer because they're good at that.

Does seem like a lot of work but some equivalent must happen on table-top simulator and vassal. Play by post was on my mind because I was looking through some old gaming magazines that had a lot of ads for them.
>>
>>59188725
I work for eBay, where basically everything is laid out somewhere, and people just refuse to read and think. Then I get to be the bearer of bad news and tell them "If you'd put in two minutes of research, or basic reading comprehension, you could have spared us both this phone call."

>>59188745
It's mostly that I'd have to find aomewhere to aet it up. I suppose I vould do it on my dining room table (while I have one) and lock the cats away for an hour.

It's the editing that's a bitch, really.

>I have nothing but respect for yall on the phones every day.
I'm trying so hard to move to our back office or get out. I'm so over customer service work.

Actually put in an application to be a light rail operator this morning for our local transit system. Maybe that'll work out.
>>
>>59189066
>without a super defined setting, it'll just bog down into generic sci-fi without some kind of hook/theme/gimmick to differentiate it.
All three of those games has a gimmick that makes it different.

MERCS has the no points thing and card measuring.

Malifaux is diceless.

Batman is Batman.

Also MERCS does has a pretty neat setting, in my opinion, and the fluff is a fun read. It's a lot more grounded than, say, 40k but then again practically everything is more grounded than that clusterfuck.
>>
>>59189066
I think that Malifaux's setting is pretty good honestly. It has the weird west and gothic horror thing going on, along with a great amount of setting detail thanks to the oodles of fluff in the rulebooks and RPG sourcebooks. If anything it's niche because the setting is funky and out there.
>>
>>59191250
I quite like Malifaux's setting as well.

Iblije a lot of game settings and really wish there were novels for more of them. Malifaux, MERCS, Warpath, Heavy Gear, World of Twlight. All great settings that would offer some damn good reads with the right people writing them.
>>
Do you guys have a recommendation where I could find a 28-32mm Japanese style hime (princess) model? I'd need it for campaign objective. I checked Bushido miniatures and the rise of the kage game which had KS exclusive hime miniature..
>>
>>59192182
Maybe check some historical ranges?
>>
>>59192182
At the top of my head, there are Black Hat Miniatures' Warrior Princesses and Zenit Miniatures' Kuge Clan heroine.
>>
>>59186241
>I love the campaign system in Open Combat

Is a pdf with the rules floating around somewhere? The pdf in the trove is 46 pages and doesn't have the campaing rules.
>>
>>59192182
http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=hanako~hfc013&category=modern-%26%0D%0Apost%252dapoc~modern-martial-artists

Other than that no idea
>>
>>59193481
Not that I'm aware of, but I have the physical book so I haven't been looking for a pdf.

Maybe I can snap some pictures of it and toss them on here.
>>
>>59193544
That would be nice since, I'm always on the lookout for a good campaing system.

On a related note: Which small scale games, optimally with stat your own mini rules, have a good campaign system?
>>
>>59193139
>>59193243
>>59193517
Thanks! Found some good candidates from those. You anons here are really nice
>>
>>59189066
I really don't understand how any of those games can be considered a "40k rival" outside of just being wargames. They're all magnitudes smaller (the biggest BMG or Malifaux crew will be around 12-15 models, which you'll only usually see in retarded spam lists in 40k) with different themes behind them as well (except maybe MERCS, and even then sci-fi is a big genre). Scale is a big factor in miniatures gaming, both in model terms and game terms, and a skirmish game simply can't be compared with a mass battle game. It's part of why the X-Wing/40k comparison is so retarded, because a game with 3-4 ships isn't going to compare to a game where you need dozens of models

>>59188995
Absolutely love it, easily my favourite non-licensed game. For a while it was my primary game, but Batman has knocked it off the top, although I still play it whenever I can. Fluffwise I can't get enough, there's only the latest 2 Chronicles issues I haven't read (and a few of the TTB books for the deeper lore), and it's a bit of a curse. I've stuck with one faction (Outcasts) but I own 7 of the 8 masters (3 of them I have 2 models of, Hamelin, Misaki and the Viktorias), most of the faction in general, and I'm looking to expand out into either Kirai (and only Kirai, I don't like the other Ressers anywhere near as much), a couple Guild masters (Perdita and Lady J, I need Papa Loco for Jack Daw and Death Marshals for Tara so I may as well grab the masters too), or Gremlins (waiting for the Nightmare box because hopefully it's dead sexy)

For the sake of further discussion, have people gotten their Easter orders yet? If so, what did you get and were there any errors? I've been hearing of a few mistakes being made, and I got my package today to find one of the 4 sets of Viks I ordered (for me and my group) was just the cards, a single base and an arm. Rest of them are near flawless though, apart from some minor bendy swords, but the metal bends back easy enough
>>
File: IG_5400_1.jpg (79 KB, 407x500)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/fan/sku-down/60191#detail/IG_5400_1
>>
File: IG_6729_1.jpg (41 KB, 292x396)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/fan/sku-down/50152#detail/IG_6729_1
>>
>>59194337
>I really don't understand how any of those games can be considered a "40k rival"
I think it boils down to being big enough to have an international community and non-awg brand recognition, more than anything specific about the game. XWing, Mali, WMH, Guildball and the like are 40K Rivals not because they necessarily resemble 40K, but because just like with 40K, you can walk in to a random LGS in a random town and have a reasonable expectation of finding someone who plays.
>>
>>59190252
>Malifaux is diceless.
Malifaux isn't diceless, it just uses an unusual 1d52 resolution mechanic.

In all seriousness though, saying "diceless" implies pretty specifically that a game has a non-random resolution mechanic. Malifaux doesn't use literal dice, but it has a Stat + Random core that is functionally very similar to games with dice.
>>
>>59195108
I would absolutely call WMH a 40k rival in every regard, because other than the amount of dice it's pretty comparable. Model count for WMH is lower, but it's still a mass battle game like 40k, and the intended 'feel' is very similar IMO (also I hate both games for the same reasons, bloated and unbalanced rules)

Couple questions about This Is Not A Test, does anyone have the PDFs? Looking at the game locally now to tide us over for Fallout, and I want to flip through the rules to get a feel of it. Also, can anyone recommend any Tribal sort of models? Looking for a techno-savage Native American feel if anything in particular
>>
>>59184517
I meant the new book expansion they release.

I was just retarded when I typed.
>>
>>59187354
Its has all the good parts of campaign from necromunda with a better engine to run everything underneath. It is fucking great.
>>
Can someone explain to me what Relic Blade is?

Is it like frost grave or mordheim? What makes it special?
>>
>>59195146
>does anyone have the PDF

see the trove which op forgott to cp
>>
>>59195146
Use some Seven Years War/AWI indian miniatures and convert them (add traffic sign body armour, weapon swap to give them modern weapons, etc.
>>
Anybody else follow this pattern?

>Take well playtested, but obscure ruleset
>Buy and paint all units needed for several players but in a different genre from the original game
>Tweak 2% of rules to better match new genre, type out into new rule book
>End with essentially a one-of-a-kind box set, having full control over the aesthetics and technicals and just inviting people to play, no pressure on them

It has worked out better than trying to fully design a game
>>
>>59195146
>techno-savage Native American feel

Conversion of http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=11215
>>
>>59193544
If you d that I"ll be super pumped. I'm always trying to see more campaign styles so that I can make something that really fits my playstyle.

Hats off to Poots for actually desgining an interesting campaign/progression system more than anything else.

>>59194031
Depends on what are you looking for in your campiagn system? Are you looking gang-warfare/terrain ala Necromunda or Planetary Empires or something else?

>>59195146
See the trove - I'm not sure if it includes the new Wasteland Compaion which got relased last month(?)

Easiest way to get tribals is to go to Perry, pick up the Woodland Indians box and give them AKs.

>>59195341
Second this. It started off a little slow, but, seems to be accumulating steam as more and more stuff comes out while Modiphius plays with E. Coast only Fallout.

>>59195492
All the time.
>>
>>59195146
http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=future-savages&cName=future-warrior-28-mm

http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=future-savage-with-gunn&cName=future-warrior-28-mm

Or you could convert these with bitz. There are some metal models, both here and on Wargames Foundry, but I think that plastic is better for conversions.
https://store.warlordgames.com/products/woodland-indian-tribes
>>
>>59195146
To be fair, none of those is really a mass battle game

I don't believe a game to be mass battle if you command a reinforced platoon or a company at best.
>>
File: Lobsterrr.jpg (52 KB, 1000x1131)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>
>>59195492
>Anybody else follow this pattern?
No.

But you're doing the "build both sides" thing, and it sounds fucking awesome, so please post details.
>>
>>59195359
>Can someone explain to me what Relic Blade is?
>Is it like frost grave or mordheim?
>What makes it special?
Yup, it's pretty much smaller-level Frostgrave with an actually narrative focused style, rather than emergent narrative from a round-robin campaign.

>>59194337
>I really don't understand how any of those games can be considered a "40k rival"
Nope, you clearly don't.
>>
>>59197998
Man, renders just don't register with me anymore. The real product barely even looks like them half the time.
>>
>>59195492
This is my dream and what i strive towards, but my Tuesday gaming group has three people so wargames are awkward as all hell. Relegated to board games. I might try a 2p+GM setup
>>
>>59199327
Try co-op wargames, like sellswords and spellslingers or Sengoku Monster Hunter. Both are pretty good, sellswords will require less conversion to fit your miniature collection, though Sengoku has a better campaign system.
>>
>>59199417
>Sengoku Monster Hunter
Can you tell me more? About the gameplay, campaign, etc?
>>
>>59199647

>gameplay

In the game you play as a single monster hunter, there are 5 hunter classes. The classes have different advancement tracks and equipment restrictions. Some hunters can bring hirelings, but only up to a max of four. I can go into detail about the classes if you want but overall you have.

Guild Hunters: The standard hunter, can use any equipment, hire anyone, and gains guild rank over time giving them special equipment and perks. Have to pay guild fees after every hunt.

Monks: Utility class, can't have spirit guides, but have abilities that focus on self healing and buffing. Also get bonuses for fighting when heavily wounded and have to give up any loot on the battlefield to allies. Can the highest stat ceilings.

Shaman: Support class/wizard, not recommended for solo play. Can only use light armor and can't use great weapons, spears, or bows. Their abilities range from healing, stealth, reviving the dead, and magic bolts.

Lone Wolves: Can't use any followers, their abilities focus on killing really big monsters and stealth, letting them outflank, redeploy themselves and avoid ranged attacks, can't have any hirelings.

Eagle Knights: Tengu, can only use light armor but can fly. Gain buffs by killing specific enemies that carry through the campaign, most mobile hunters, can't have hirelings.
>>
File: 1243023009958.jpg (32 KB, 449x502)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Does anybody have a size comparison of the Oathmark Dwarves with the Warhammer and Lord of the Rings ones?
>>
>>59200427

>cont'd

In a standard game you have to choose a hunting ground, the hunting ground determines the difficulty of the hunt. For each hunter you place a certain amount of tokens face down on the table to represent enemy patrols. The hunters go, then tokens activate in response, once in a certain visual range the tokens activate, after tokens monsters go the actual monsters activate based off a d6 roll. The tokens can represent enemies, debuffs (darkness, unlucky monuments), or buffs (weapon caches, lucky spirits).

On your turn you take actions equal to your hunter's action trait and each hireling takes one action. To attack (ranged or melee) you roll dice equal to your relevant stat, 4+ is a success and for each success you roll another dice. This means you can get more successes than your attack stat, if you get over a monster's defense stat you kill it, when a monster attacks you take damage equal to its successes - your armor.

Hunts go until all enemies are dead or have fleed. Every kill you get gives you upgrade points to buy equipment, hirelings, upgrade stats etc.
>>
>>59200601

>Last one

Campaigns will follow you and your friends' hunters. In a campaign you can only hunt in the lowlands (the easiest hunting zone) unless you go on an expedition. An expedition is a series of linked hunts that end up with hunts in your chosen destination, fighting along the way. The interesting thing with these is you cannot resupply until the end of the hunt and some hireling only give bonuses during expeditions. This means you have to stockpile and prepare for these longer hunts and your hunting party will get worn down as you go towards greater rewards. In addition since enemies are random fights can be very variable and exciting.

I have the book on me so I can answer other questions if you have any.
>>
>>59200567
"oathmark dwarf size" got me exactly that.
>>
>>59200672
Anon, why are you so cruel? Why do you want me to buy this? I just started to sell projects that are going nowhere.
>>
File: MERCS.jpg (52 KB, 540x250)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Anyone got a moment to shate their thoughts on MERCS? It got mentioned a few times and its a game that ive consistently overlooked.
>>
>>59198311
It is good enough to invest in. If you were picking one what would you go with?
>>
>>59201395
Well the good thing at least is that it can be converted out of japan pretty easily by just renaming the monsters, so you can use minis you already have lying around, it was designed for a 15mm line, but the designer said you can do it in 28mm heroic by just converting all the measurements to inches.

Beyond that I don't know, hoping that I can get working on making some stuff for it after I finish painting my demo armies for Advanced song of Blades and Heroes
>>
>>59201874
But I only have some 1:72 historicals for Japan. And that scale has shit for monsters.
>>
>>59201900
hmm, I'm not to familiar with what that kind of scale looks like, this is the line the game was designed for however.

https://www.alternative-armies.com/search?q=sengoku
>>
>>59195144
>1d52
That got me.

>>59201522
I play it, what do you wanna know?
>>
>>59202189
1d52 that goes all the way down to 1d1 before reshuffling.
>>
Fuck dude. Really not jumping in on this Confrontation Kickstarter.
>>
>>59202275
I'm generally planning on doing the $1 pledge and getting one of the faction addons. I don't think that what is effectively an all in pledge is worthwhile.
>>
>>59202275
The miniatures are just not doing it for me, much less PVC recasts of them. Didn't like them in 2004 either.
>>
File: sans detour.jpg (164 KB, 680x710)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>59202275
I was against Sans-Detour but I must say their calendar seems well planned.

Still no images of a single prototype of the miniatures, only old photos, though.
>>
>>59202189
Ive played a lot if infinity, are they comparable? How enjoyable is the game at starter sizes, and are the old starters compatible with the new edition?
>>
Anybody know of any good GW-style Orcs, Goblins, and Trolls besides Warmonger Minis? Mantic's Orcs/Gobbos are okay, but I don't care much for their trolls.
>>
>>59203274
Black Tree Design sell the old Harlequin Miniatures sculpts that are very close in style to 3rd/4th edition WHFB.
>>
>>59203138
Compared to infinity it's a very different game.

MERCS has no points, you pick a faction and take whatever five dudes (six if you play EIC) you think will be beat suited for the mission. So games are always balanced in a way because of that.

It also has random initiatives for each model, so none of the cheerleader bullshit with one super model going Rambo on people that infested Infinity.

The first edition was okay, had some neat ideas but not the beat execution. Second edition (the current edition) is a *vast* improvement with clearer wording and more focused rules.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1523997502067.jpg (100 KB, 675x900)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Just saw this on Facebook and thought some of you guys might enjoy.
>>
>>59203457
Im a big fan of that appriach ti balance, reminds me of the wrath of kings approach but taken to the next level.

Im gonna keep this in mind, the games hard to find around here but it sounds manageable to paint up twi groyps to demo.
>>
>>59203589
If younlike the factions in either ofbthe Recon boxes those are worth grabbing for a cool boardgame as well.

Where do you live? Megacon sella allbthe atuff online. You can grab two full factions (10 models each) for $70 and the rulebook is free online as a download (although the physical book is really nice).
>>
Anyone play "A Very British Civil War"?
>>
>>59203535
I for one would play it for realsies. At least, when the inevitable DLCs start coming in, I'll have something to play in a setting I love while Prodos does the Red Pandalien and the Salute 2040 exclusive mini the Batpredator.
>>
>>59202690
>PVC recasts
Where do you see that?
>>
>>59203695
Portland OR, so thats not a problem. Ty for the info!

Ill have to take a minute to get my bearings though, just paid into the confrontation ks.
>>
>>59203867
God, and I really want to be supportive of Prodos. They're just making it so difficult with the constant delays. I get they've been chruning out stuff for AvP (probably due to needing to release a certain amount of product per year to appease the dicks at Fox) but damn man there's so much stuff from Warzone we still need!

>>59203961
I get that. There are some factions I will wholly recommend to grab the metals for if you can, but otherwise the plastic boxes on the site are a fucking steal. Just make sure you have plenty of d10s handy.
>>
>>59203535
I've never seen a dog so happy.
>>
>>59204024
The thing that baffles me about Prodos and WZR it's that they left some profiles without minis, left a TON of things out (the 3 other Apostles, generic command options for Capitol in particular, the tribes left on Earth to name what's at the top of my head), cranked out some vehicles this summer and promptly stopped giving a single fuck. AvP gets support, new missions, new minis, Unicast versions of minis, translation in different languages, exclusive miniatures at events. WZR got some vehicles last summer, a half-baked 2.3 patch that you'll have to manually adapt if, like me, you bought core protocols to carry around and that still creates problems like the base for the Screaming Devil, while we have still some profiles on the freaking rulebook that can only be proxied (the Bushido Master, for example). Plus, and that's a pet peeve of mine, where the hell is Tatsumoto?
>>
>>59197888
Eh, I mean most rules sets are relatively scale-agnostic when you really boil it down, yeah?. I tend to think of it less in terms of "number of dudes represented by the models" and more "actual number of individual pieces I have to move every turn". Mechanically speaking, it doesn't make much difference if one base = one dude, or a whole company. So WMH is more of a "mass battle" game in my mind than, say, Kings of War. The later technically has more dudes, but way fewer moving parts.

>>59195146
>also I hate both games for the same reasons, bloated and unbalanced rules
I get what you're getting at, but that's not totally fair, those two are prettymuch extreme opposite ends of the spectrum for games within that general style of tabletop wargame design. You've got GW's "fuck the rules, let it ride bruh, RAI trumps RAW - we're really just a plastic model company after all" vs Privateer's "we are going to OCD hyper-analyze and repeatedly patch every conceivable rules interaction to the point that not even the most determined rules-lawyer can possibly find a loophole".

Not to say that either of those approaches are RIGHT, per se, and I'm more of a middle-ground anon myself. But lumping them together comes off as kinda disingenuous. Either you're just breathing fire to watch stuff burn, or don't have enough experience with one or both of those to see the gulf between them. It's pretty unlikely any longtime gamer is actually equidistant from two so extreme viewpoints.
>>
File: 01.jpg (62 KB, 960x540)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Had a cool 2000 points game of Epic Armageddon this evening. Tried a different scenario where objectives get scored at the end of each turn, and some house rules to make war engines cheaper but work a bit differently (the Warlord was standing in for a Reaver).
My Sisters got beat, but it was good fun!

Potato pictures courtesy of my naff phone camera.
>>
File: 02.jpg (51 KB, 528x960)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>59205407
Penitent Engines push up but are engaged by Rough Riders.
>>
File: 03.jpg (70 KB, 540x960)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>59205443
Flanking attempt by an Inquisitorial Warband put down by a Mechanised Company, wiping the Warband out.
>>
>>59205461
Seraphim take an Act of Faith, swooping in to engage intermingled Rough Riders and Sentinels, to great effect.
>>
File: 04.jpg (60 KB, 528x960)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>59205490
Woops, photo...
>>
File: 05.jpg (67 KB, 960x540)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>59205513
Infantry Company advance but fail to do anything to the Seraphim in the open. The Canoness and her retinue of Retributors take cover in ruins by the blitz. The Immolators at the back got decimated by an early game Manticore strike.
>>
File: 06.jpg (55 KB, 528x960)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>59205558
Sisters attempt to encircle the Reaver.
>>
File: 07.jpg (45 KB, 528x960)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>59205582
But supporting fire from the Dominions is not enough to clinch the assault for the weakened Penitent Engines.
>>
File: 08.jpg (63 KB, 528x960)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>59205606
The Mechanised Company pushes for the blitz after a Manticore barrage suppresses the overwatching Retributors. Sisters cannot hold enough objectives and don't have the forces to make gains, so I cede the game.
>>
>>59184517
>There's still only a 1st edition
Hey, here's a random discussion question for "yall", since the OP just tossed a generic "watcha doin?" at the wall.

Why editions? I get why big companies do it, because the marketing stooges told them to, sales sales sales, blah blah blah.
But for most games, what's the point? In this modern future world of living rulebooks and information in tubes, what is the advantage of NOT just doing some kind of LRB or dynamic update scheme? The whole "new edition" turnover and all the associated drama has never been good for gamers nor The Game, it's purely a relic of physical publishing with a side benefit of boosting sales to uninformed tweens that happen to stumble in to the LGS with their grandparents and see a shiny "NEW EDITION" sticker or witness a rambunctious Launch Event. Why not just throw the whole scheme in the bin and build something better?
>>
>>59205653
Looks like a blast, I've got to make a point of getting some more Epic table time in
>>
I am seriously tempted by the GodTear all in pledge. On one hand Confrontation will give me more and cooler minis for my money, but on the other hand I could actually play GodTear. What is the verdict on the plastic that Steamforged uses for GuildBall?
>>
>>59205157
Yeah, I hear ya. There's stuff for Bauahus I still want them to make, I'd like to see more generic leaders for every faction (or give us a new HOTSS), stuff that needs models, some sort of sign that Warzone isn't dead.

It's a shame, too, because I love Warzone and the game is damn fun, but Prodos is leaving the plays hanging pretty hard. The CSS league is great and getting people playing, but it's also not being run by Prodos.

I don't know if the recent surge in AvP is to appease their contract or what, but it does hurt that it almost feels like they'vr abandoned WZR wholesale.
>>
>>59205407
>>59205443
>>59205461
>>59205490
>>59205513
>>59205558
>>59205582
>>59205606
>>59205653
Very nice! Thanks for sharing that, it's alaays nice to see some games getting played!

>>59205654
I agree that more companies should lean towards living rulebooks, ut at the same time I'm a sucker for a nice physical copy of a book which means if I want to use my physical book I either need to constantly print out eratta or they can release a new edition from time to time.

I think a new edition can be good for the game (see the new edition of Heavy Gear for example) as it can bring drastic changes and make the game play almost entirely differently. But I do agree that it makes more sense in this day and age to release it all digitally.
>>
>>59203768
Yep, BUF, Anglican, and Regulars, looking to get some brigand types too for skirmish fun. Yourself?

Don’t expect any more scans than already are available though.
>>
>>59205753
Me and my group started playing Warzone together back in 1996. We still shit talk one another based on our armies back then, and my Capitol buddy still has his Sunset Strikers painted to match my Mishiman force. We went through the chaos of Target's death and WZ 2nd and 3rd edition together, we watched the shitty movie together and when we heard of WZR we were ready to jump back in. Fast forward a few years and it seems WZR is ready to die again. It makes me sad.
>>
>>59206640
Same. My brother and I fiscoveres it through playing Siege of the Citadel, we were buying and painting models and ready to grab the second edition starter when Target went belly up.

When WZR got announced I was all the fuck over that. I backed the KS, promotes the shit out ofbthe game on my YouTube and when I was working at Blue Table Painting (much to the annoyance of Shawn) and want it to do well. The new sculpts camr out and are amazing, the new vehickes are solid, and Prodos just went radio silent.

I think when Illian comes yet, and yes I have hope that it still will, they *need* to do a big marketing push and put out a two player starter to get people interested.

Without that I fear the game really will up and die.

On a side note: I'm so excited for the new SotC because hot damn does it look nice. I can't wait to get mine, and if FFG really doea ditribute it I'll probably grab the expansions at aome point too.
>>
>>59205653
Awesome! Thanks for the report! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Epic is always my go to game!!!
>>
>>59206764
If SotC will be distributed by FFG, all we can hope is that it dies a dignified death I'm afraid.

As for WZR, yes, it's shocking it still doesn't have a 2 player starter set. A starter set could make playing Legion less of a drain on the wallet, since the starter is, how can I put it nicely, a bit light on points. I will support Prodos for a little while still, but I'm afraid that if a whole year passes without any new content, Warzone will be back in the grave after a long agonizing death.
>>
>>59202275
And I thought 85 bucks for a wasteland warfare starter box was intense.
>>
>>59205262
I get that they're pretty polar opposite, and you're right in saying that, but at the core they both have shitty rules and bad balance. We all know how GW are with flinging shit and seeing what sticks, Privateer's "working as intended" at the start of Mk3 was fuck awful, because it clearly wasn't, and feels like the same kind of thing to me as GW (fuck your old models, buy our new shit). The CID cycle also doesn't fix anything, despite what people say, because it just turns it into the GW codex cycle, where the oldest ones get left in the dirt so all people play are the latest factions. See Skorne as an example, when they got their CID early on it was a godsend (because they were fucked from the beginning of Mk3 but still) but now? They're monobuild at best.

I guess I'm really just a disillusioned ex-player of their stuff, but I can't be alone because in my city (Sydney, Australia) Warmachine is almost dead. But that's why I'm posting in /awg/ and not memeing "ded gaem" in other threads, because I've moved on to greener pastures
>>
>>59206946
>If SotC will be distributed by FFG, all we can hope is that it dies a dignified death I'm afraid.
Why do you say that? FFG has pretty solid distribution and it could mean we actually see it on shelves in stores. I'd rather that than it inly being available through direct order via Modiphius' website.
>>
>>59206999
Right? I'll wait forbthe nee game to pop up and look into that.
>>
>>59206999
what system is the wasteland warfare box for? Confrontation? Something else?

The 2 player set for the Modiphus game is like 170 for the plastic minis.
>>
>>59205407
Cool to see some epic!

Trying to build up some squats.
>>
>>59203535
What universe is this supposed to be in? I feel like I am not getting the reference.
>>
>>59208531
Mutant Chronicles.
>>
>>59205407
Pretty cool.

One small comment; get some in scale forests. They're ridiculously cheap to acquire in 6mm.
>>
>>59210064
I was going to suggest they get some scaled buildings. The fact that every building on that table takes up a few city blocks...seems very 40k. Nevermind.
>>
>>59210226
Yeah; it's actually 6mm scaled stuff. It's just Epic 40k.

But you can get the trees for pennies each; a bit of a clip, glue them onto stands, spray them white and you're good to go for that board.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50x-Trees-Model-Train-Street-Park-Layout-Wargame-Diorama-1-300-Z-Scale-3-5CM/371422997316?epid=629649790&hash=item567a892b44:g:2v4AAOSwrhhaRUcr
>>
>>59203457
For mercs, where are the texico traps listed, I'm interested on them but the rulebook seems vague on their unique traps
>>
File: 20180307_162641.jpg (3.6 MB, 4160x2080)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB JPG
>>59211245
Here ya go.

Glad I didn't delete this! Someone also made a pdf here with all the acenarios since my pictures are all sideways and the free pdf book doesn't include them for some reason.
>>
File: 1515786902927.pdf (221 KB, PDF)
221 KB
221 KB PDF
Hi all, sorry to bother you guys but /gdg/ is predictably dead and useless. If anyone could look at my homebrew skirmish wargame and tell me what you think I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>59211612
So are tanks actual tanks, or are they like mecha? Seems silly to me that a tank, being a rather large vehicle, could have a high Dodge value.
>>
>>59212169
No, they're more like hardsuits or power armor. In an earlier version the light medium and heavy units all had unique names and the light tank was a meatbot, the medium a hardsuit, and the heavy a hulk, if that helps.
>>
>>59205157
>tfw I collect and want to play 2nd and 3rd ed

Life is comfy.
>>
>>59212214
That makes more sense, and is what I figured ypu were going for. Would they take up more than one square, or are they still a one square thing?

>>59212650
Man I got back and reread the old rules and jeaus fuck. So many modifiers on weapons for different rangea and shit.
>>
>>59212689
Everything is one square, for simplicity's sake.
>>
>>59201874
>it was designed for a 15mm line, but the designer said you can do it in 28mm heroic by just converting all the measurements to inches.
What does that make the table size? LAF thread mentions 60cm to 80cm square, and 5' is already impractical for a lot of people - would cutting it down be a problem for the game? OTOH making up a custom ruler with 2cm increments would seem to work, and it's not like I've not done that before.
>>
>>59212780
That's what I figured since it wasn't menationed anyway about different sized base.

Are you just using the standard one inch grid?
>>
File: scavl-500x500.jpg (40 KB, 500x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
is Mad Puppet the only company selling a decent set of Mad-Max style post-apoc raiders?
>>
>>59196150
>Depends on what are you looking for in your campiagn system? Are you looking gang-warfare/terrain ala Necromunda or Planetary Empires or something else?

Never played necromunda. A good campaign system is one that is not snowbally so the other player is not fucked when he looses a game. Another thing that would makae it interesting is something to do between games so some kind of progression.

>>59212883
Kind of interested about that too.

>>59201900
I don't see the problem as much if the monster is in 28mm instead of 25mm. You just got bigger an meaner monsters, and 28mm should have plenty.

>>59201395

Hehe yeah a pdf would be nice to have a look.
>>
>>59193544
That would be super nice
>>
>>59205654
You have to mark bigger changes in design philosophy somehow. Sometimes ideas just don't pan out and something bigger needs to be changed. And if you are publishing physically, you need to differentiate it anyway.
Plus, if you are publishing physically and you do the LRB thing, people that buy the physical copy are going to be pissed that their book is invalidated two months down the line.
>>
>>59213454
The new Goliaths and Eschers also work pretty well.
>>
>>59212650
I left my heart in 2nd ed. anon, but I'd like a game that doesn't die to a stiff breeze and that could produce something new for (and in) the setting.

>>59207319
I never liked FFG before its merge with Asmodee, and I like it even less now. If whatever happened with Runewars is of any indication, if SotC (which isn't a FFG, but a third party one, so I think they'll promote it even less) doesn't have a booming, stellar, gigantic success right away it will be left in the gutter while Star Wars: Whatever is announced and supported and allowed to live for a little while. I think the real test to this will be Fallout, a franchise with a greater pool of fans than Mutant Chronicles. I really hope it goes well and that FFG and Modiphius don't screw it up, but I'm afraid MC is a jinxed setting.
>>
>>59205654
I agree with both >>59214491 and >>59205863
Plus, if I could be a little assholish, I could add that a company managed LRB needs interaction with a playerbase willing to interact and point out what they feel could be changed AND willingness to admit if something's not right with how it was designed. Go to a WMH general and ask how the Skorne thing went if you want to see what can go wrong.
>>
File: giraldez.jpg (130 KB, 960x720)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Well that's interesting. Studio Giraldez have received some resin masters from Sans-Detours
>>
File: Enforcers WP Firefight.jpg (1.05 MB, 1906x900)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>59189130
Going to give the Firefight version a try in the next few weeks as my Deadzone Enforcers have now achieved critical mass and therefore need a new game. Doubt I'll bother with the multibase "full" version, not sure it adds enough.
>>
>>59213183
For my playtests we've just used graph paper and pencils. I suppose you'd probably use a 1-inch grid if you really wanted to use miniatures.
>>
File: 20180331_204809.jpg (2.58 MB, 4032x3024)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
That feeling when you send a squadron on a desperate suicide run because things have go so badly you're just trying to lose with dignity but then they call you up later and say "objective complete sir, what are our next orders"
>>
>>59217344
Lol what is thie battle ship for adults?
No really what is this.
>>
>>59217686
Looks like Dystopian Wars, but I'm not actually into it, so ... anyone?
>>
>>59217686
>>59217832

Its Dystopian wars.
>>
>>59203768
I have a Socialist militia with some Soviet Volunteers using fivecore.
>>
File: 20180331_212616.jpg (2.22 MB, 4032x3024)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
Dystopian Wars, a game of naval and aerial battle. Used to be land too, but the new company is shoving that stuff off into a different scale.

Dieselpunk setting where the industrial revolution started in the 1600s under cromwell and around then atound the 1840s (the setting's 'present') a cache of alien technology is found in antartica kicking off a second one.

The system is alternating activation, one of your squadons goes, then an enemy's and so on.

Ships have minimum and maximum movements. You go your minimum move directly ahead and after that you can use whatever size turn template your ship specifies to manuver.

weapons are fired using dicepools. You roll a number of dice equal to a particular gun's attack value for whatever range you're in, minus the number of points of damage your ship has already suffered. Typically a 4 or higher will be a success, and a six will be two successes and let you roll an extra die. When you're done, you count up successes. If you exceed the targets DR you do a point of damage. If you exceed its CR you get a critical hit, which is usually two points of damage plus a random special effect ranging from 'mildly annoying' to 'you hit my battleship's magazine and it fireballed like a pinto and took all its escorts with it'. When firing you can combing multiples of the same weapon type into a single attack, making one dicepool with dice equal to the attack value of one of the weapons in the attack plus dice equal to half the attack value of of all the oter weapons. This is good for hunting big shit or punching through shields.

Theres lots of other shit too like tiny flyers, giant robots, boarding actions, etc etc. I don't really wanna sit here and overview everything with my thumbs, specially when the 3.0 beta is so close and will probably change everything anyway. The current rules are all free online though. I encourage you to check it out, shits fun.
>>
>>59218569
God I seem to remember it, wasn't there a 28 mm skirmish/wargame too in the same setting?
>>
>>59218952

30mm, but yeah, there was.
>>
>>59219005
How was it?
Looks ok model-wise.
>>
>>59219066

I enjoyed it a lot, especially for how cruicial it made positioning. Squad members couldn't shoot through each other unless you had them ranked, to give an example, but being ranked up also made flamethrowers and blast weapons do lots of extra damage against you.

You did have to sit down with your local Prussian player and talk with them about not being an enormous faggot, but as long as they were cool everyone could have a good time.
>>
>>59214503
I should have added, besides paying out the ass for the new Necromunda figs. They do look exceptional though.
>>
So apparently, accorsing to PP, we should be seeing the new MonPoc stuff hitting shelves as soon as next month!

Or maybe going on pre-order?
>>
>>59219840
When using them for skirmish I think they are priced pretty okay. They are pretty big guys and girls, they have a bunch of bits and they are really high quality. They are pretty samey though, so you'll have to cut and convert to have some variance.
>>
File: DSC_0173.jpg (2.92 MB, 3651x2738)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
working on some 6mm armies and terrain
>>
File: 5wsSnVB.jpg (692 KB, 4160x3120)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>59221302
>>
>>59221336
>>59221302
Pretty nice stuff, I should really finish some of mine. I’ll try and post a bit up next week.
>>
>>59221203
Any information would be nice. So far, all we have is the initial release info and a few tidbits from one of their past streams about rule changes.
>>
>>59212883
>>59214104

the rules do state those dimensions. Rules wise most monsters will move about 8 to 12 inches a turn and the max speed a monster could move is 15 inches. Hunters can move at Max 12 inches a turn (which is for a maxed out stat wise Hunter wearing no armor) I think that a 4 ft square table could accommodate it, but I have yet to give it a play test. Ranged weapons aren't too much to worry about since most monsters can only shoot up to 10 inches, with an endgame Hunter bow having a max range of 20 inches, additionally ammo is limited for hunters so it's not a super big concern
>>
>>59224247
Not sure how get a PDF up here, otherwise I would share it with y'all
>>
>>59221203

>Company drops all support for previous game with absolutely no warning
>Stores carrying the stock got screwed over, and get to a point where they're trying to practically give the stuff away
>Announce new game, but all of your old stuff isn't compatible
>Oh and also, it's PP, second only to GW in knowing how to piss off their customer base

Why are people so eager to support this?
>>
>>59224516
If anyone hasn't figure out GW or PP's tricks by now they aren't going to.
>>
Anyone give Judgement a spin? The first kickstarter passed me by, and a guy was telling me about it last weekend. It feels like the buy in is steep for what you're getting, and the wave 2 designs are incredibly hit and miss (I like the fantasy theme, but now we've got sci fi? Nani?)
>>
Anyone have the relic blade seeker's book?
>>
>>59224516
Because of good memories.
I played Warmachine from launch up to the release of the Cyriss faction, just got burned out and tired of the ultra-competitive, tourney-only way the game went. But I still have good memories of playing in Mark 1, back when the game was fun for my gaming group.
MonPoc is similar, the initial year or so was great fun with good memories. And it helps that there isn't another widely-known game about giant monster battles.
>>
File: OLY34Y3.jpg (903 KB, 4160x3120)
903 KB
903 KB JPG
>>59221505
>>59205407
which do you prefer, epic or netepic?
>>
>>59228039
Netepic, but lately the dudes on the tactical command forums are fucking the game up.
>>
>>59228675
how so?
>>
File: 1524077579659.jpg (106 KB, 845x1127)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
I didnt know Mahud raiders were actually good.
>>
>>59228895

This is not what we meant by dark eldars.
>>
>>59228866
They started trying to fix the factions, but they are doing it ass backwards. The released a bunch of changes to IG and said go play test when there is still few active users on the forum. The result is going to just be a couple of dudes making all the decisions in a vacumn.

The squat and sisters armies also look like they are in the toilet with some of the changes that make no sense and have strayed far from what the army should be.
>>
>>59228994
Also tocomment on the IG more, if you make a bunch of changes at the same time its hard to tell what effect your changes really had. In addition, a lot of them seem to have no math logic or evidence behind them as a base.
>>
>>59228994
yeah I lurk there and its dead as hell. is there any active forum for epic?
>>
>>59229066
Sadly that is pretty much it. I have kind of given up on finding more players.
>>
>>59229370
Ever tried vassal for any games? Seems that might be the only way to play epic anymore
>>
>>59224516
Some of what they're doing with the new stuff irks me (not being able to use my old models), but I'm hopeful because I'm an idiot.

I have a lot of fond memories of playing MonPoc, so I'll keep an eye on this in hopes it doesn't get fucked.
>>
>>59229801
Not really a fan of it. It takes to long and I like the visual aspect and fun of the painting/building size of the hobby. Also the social part.

I do have 2 other friend that play so I suppose I am lucky.
>>
>>59224261
https://volafile.org

I think is most used, might help if you are behind a vpn.
>>
>>59232580
my only opponents my fiancee. she plays dark eldar and ive got the emperors children army seen >>59228039
but ive got no other players
>>
>>59228039
Really I haven’t played any more than starter games to make the decision. I use the EA rulebook with NetEA lists though.

>>59233079
As always, got a complaint about no players? Say where you are and see if they come to you.
>>
File: IMAG0761.jpg (946 KB, 1344x760)
946 KB
946 KB JPG
>>59217344
>>59218569

Don't you lie to me, no-one actually plays DW.
>>
>>59233962
may be a good epic proxy army. some IG faction?
>>
File: IMAG0891.jpg (231 KB, 1344x760)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>59234276
Probably. I also have Covenant in red, for proxying as AdMech.
>>
>>59233079
Do you live in Oxford PA? I used to know a dude there with EC army.
>>
>>59229370
Gave up on Epic for similar reasons 5 years or so ago. Our group went full in for Armageddon, painted a couple of forces, one of us bought up a Knight household army and found the list completely broken, posted battle reports to the forum and made smart suggestions towards improvement. Guy "responsible" for the Knights list said "it wasn't a priority" and wouldn't be until he actually -had- a knights army so he could test. Of course he wasn't willing to surrender his little Knight King crown to someone who actually gave a fuck. The community such as it is is cancer when it's "run" by people like that. Shame, enjoyed playing while it lasted and some of the lists were pretty well balanced.
>>
>>59224516
Cmon, pre-painted miniatures from Privateer Press were horrible, nothing more than toys.
If I remember correctly it was also collectible.
>>
Why does Guildball use a turn clock?

Turn clocks are one of those things it seems like people always suggest for every game but I've never really seen the point. What effect's it achieve in GB?
>>
>>59238382
Turn clocks put pressure on players to make decisions quickly, this makes a lot of sense in a sports game sense it helps capture the hectic feeling of making split second decisions in the heat of the moment.
>>
>>59228895
That looks pretty dope. Specially the lion mane hair.
>>
>>59239122
It's also great for rushing things along in large battles in other wargames.
>>
>>59238382
It somewhat mitigates TLOS faggotry, because you don't have the time to perfectly figure every positioning and shot out
>>
>>59237707
for prepaints they were perfectly fine.
>>
>>59215475
From what I understand, Firefight is the better of the two. Its developer at least gave a fuck during the testing period.
>>
File: lotr Guardians-6.jpg (351 KB, 799x491)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>
>>59242181
Spoopy.
>>
>>59233814
Virginia DC Maryland area bro, come fight me in RL.
>>
>>59228039
That terrain looks dope man!
I've only played Armageddon, and a game of Epic 40k. so I couldn't say. I do like Armageddon a lot though, despite some of its oddities.
>>
>>59233814
>>59235646
Nope, Oklahoma
>>
>>59233962

Have about 5 regular players att my flgs, actually.
>>
>>59228039
Epic Armageddon all the way for me - still my go to game. I didn't really enjoy the Epic 40k rules, but also loved Space Marine/Titan Legions.

Never played NetEpic.
>>
>>59242181
Are those a conversion, and if so, what of?
>>
>>59242177
Not as I remember it. The Firefight chap went AWOL for long periods seemingly doing nothing and the game was thrown together at the last minute while Warpath was getting regular updates throughout.

That said there's nothing blindingly wrong with the resulting rules set and it's now got a functional rules committee, which even if they do half as well as the Deadzone committee do then the game will stay in excellent shape.
>>
File: lotr Guardians-1a.jpg (191 KB, 1000x659)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>59242181
The bulk of those are lotr plastics with different shields (there is a GW skeleton and marauder shield on this pic and the bulk are probably a mix of historicals). The guy in the middle in the back (in the other image) is kitbashed with graveguard bits, and the guy in the front is an oldschool metal WHFB wightking I think.

The pic is taken from a hobby blog, I don't remember if he explained how he did them though.
>>
>>59249210
>>59248646
I misquoted that.
Anyway you can also see that he did some weapon swaps with GW skeleton bits for the guys that normally be armed with spears.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1524188192202.jpg (130 KB, 1000x992)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Some nee renders for the NuCoal plastics. Apparently they've had to push thr Kickstarter back but it should going live next week.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1524188214513.jpg (132 KB, 1000x992)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>59251379
>>
File: GNOMETIME.png (545 KB, 608x584)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
Shit this game Relic Blade looks great. Fucking Battle Gnome
>>
File: LOOKATMYGOATYOUFUCKS.jpg (86 KB, 500x500)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwVwunFajrtG6GNYJQWE5z3c&v=8Ez-PeAeeYU

Check this shit out, it looks great.
>>
>>59252081
>>59252095
Those do looks pretty nice. The Ibex rider's head reminds me of Mantic's Dwarfs.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1524200077910.jpg (646 KB, 1795x2043)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
Some new Godslayer pictures. Wyldfolk models all painted up for the rulebook.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1524200083706.jpg (445 KB, 1688x1328)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>59253929
Including HULK SMASH DRUID!
>>
File: Iguan-Assassin.jpg (154 KB, 1000x1000)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>59253849
The models are all pretty nice and creative.
>>
File: ogre-ret.jpg (64 KB, 500x500)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>59253849
>>
More Relic Blade
>>
File: Vermin-Mouth.jpg (182 KB, 1000x1000)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>59253970
Jesus, that tiny head.

>>59254080
>Rat loin cloth
>>
File: 1524200202613.jpg (331 KB, 1584x1584)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>59253929
>>
>>59255220
he have a stroke?
>>
>>59253929
Excellent sculpts but the painting is so bad, I mean their eyes, especially the guy on the right...
>>
Does anyone have the Through the Breach MEGA link? There's a couple of one shots I'm looking at running, but I don't have them in my folder
>>
>>59255220
Man, people should just stop painting human eyes at 28mm.
>>
>>59257962
More like stop painting human eyes that aren't sculpted on.
>>
>>59257962
>Man, people should just stop painting human eyes the wrong way at 28mm.

ftfy

BLACK FIRST THEN SMALL DOTS OF WHITE IN THE CORNERS GODDAMMIT
>>
>>59260435
Or white blob first, black pupils second, paint brown around and paint the face. Worked better for me, with black first, you usually get crosseyed chaps.
>>
>>59260435
No, they always suck.
>>
>>59260629
>Complain in thread that has several examples opposing point
No, they always suck.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (64 KB, 647x900)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
A few questions:

1) Any one have a spiritual successor to Inquisitor (Specialist games). I am aware of the many spins off from the main rule sets. I am looking for something with that narrative combat feel + Complexity.

2) Any Wargame (or any tabletop game) out there that captures the DOTA/LOL feel? Area control, re-spawning heroes, meta strategy. I have looked but never saw something.
>>
File: fear_04.png (15 KB, 125x125)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
For some reason, the miniatures google doc got made private awhile ago. I think I fixed it, you should be able to edit it again.
>>
>>59252081

>Relic Blade

I really can't recommend this game after having bought it. The models are good quality, the rules are simple enough, but for the price you pay, you really don't get a whole lot game wise. Armies don't seem very well balanced in a straight up brawl, things like the rogues mechanics are stupidly risky for the potential damage. I think some of the expansions fix things a little bit, but the core box really needs a lot more content inside (not so much components, but scenarios and the like) it before I could ever say it's worth it.
>>
>>59248888
Huh, for some reason I have it in my head the other way around. Its been a while, though, and I only really followed initially.
>>
Can anyone tell me how a Skinwalker warband plays in Dracula's America? The idea of them seem cool but I dont have to rule book so I dont know if it one of those things were you can't start having shape shifters til way late into campaigns.
>>
File: TOS Marauder.jpg (646 KB, 750x750)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
Anyone following The Other Side closely enough to tell if pic related will squeeze onto a 50mm?
>>
>>59261390
Post a 28mm human miniature with painted eyes that don't look goofy as fuck then. No helmets, lizardmen, Orcs or anything, just regular dudes and dudettes.
>>
File: 9 EN.pdf (5.97 MB, PDF)
5.97 MB
5.97 MB PDF
>pvc plastic

womp
>>
>>59265476
Pvc with Abs plastic for the frail parts is fine for me. It worked really well with Mythic Pantheon
>>
>>59265602
They said that they are using the same manufacturer as Mythic Battles, which is fine by me.
>>
>>59263602
No, as soon as you join the Skinwalkers two of your non-hired guns MUST become skinwalkers.
>>
>>59261665
>Any one have a spiritual successor to Inquisitor (Specialist games). I am aware of the many spins off from the main rule sets.
Not sure what you are after here then. If you are aware of the spin-offs then you probably heard of In the Emperor's Name, which ended up becoming In Her Majesty's Name, which has it's own rulebook by Osprey and a range of minis from Northstar.

Inquisitor basically was more of an RPG than a wargame, so you could look into Savage Worlds and whatnot. Any RPG that can be played with visual aids like minis should deliver the same experience.
Most RPGs are mostly about combat anyway and very little in the sense of social engineering or something like that is covered by the rules usually.
>>
>>59266398
Oh, and you must have both the human and the bestial form for every skinwalker, since they always start in human form.
>>
>>59263913
With a simple paintjob that thing will look post-apoc as fuck. I love it.
>>
>>59263913
It comes on a 80mm base.
>>
>>59266919
Ah, bugger.
Even for Malifaux, that's too much of an overhang.
>>
>>59261665
>2) Any Wargame (or any tabletop game) out there that captures the DOTA/LOL feel? Area control, re-spawning heroes, meta strategy. I have looked but never saw something.

Not sure if it covers your specific wants but Aristeaia! is a directly MOBA-inspired game from the creators of Infinity.

The shop where I work recently got a welcome/introduction pack from them and it looks interesting.
>>
File: brows_4_days.gif (1.81 MB, 480x360)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB GIF
>>59255220
I don't think it's suppose to be this, but it made me think of it.
>>
>>59266610
Well anyone know any good windigo models? Their in house one is a bit lacking.
>>
>>59269381

https://arenarex.com/products/wendigo
>>
>>59269681
Wew lad thats a cool model. Is arena rex one of those "we made up a game to give us an excuse to sell specialist high grade models" like kingdom death?
>>
>>59270419

Nah, it's a really fun little game backed up by some really high quality models. I meant to say in the post that picking up that model would fix your wendigo problem as well as get a foot in the door towards getting an arena rex team.

But yeah, AR is a ton of fun and totally worth looking into if medium depth tactical arena combat is your thing
>>
>>59270456
I mean I love smaller games, I personally play a lot of bushido and warband style games, the real question is if I can get someone to play with me. At the very least here I can get some cool minis to paint.
>>
>>59270516

If you can find the funds to pick up two faction boxes, you're pretty much set. There's no point values in the game, you just pick models. Some models have more than one "health bar" per say, like in the case of the gorgons. 2 health bars counts as 2 models. Of course when you lose the first the models stats change a bit to relect things. But yeah, tourny standard is now 6 models, but you can easily have a satisfying game with 3.

Oh and the game really wants you to put creative death traps on the field. Getting pushed into a pit is instant death. When life stabalizes i want to make some mortal kombat inspired terrain myself.
>>
If I put up the Sengoku MH rule book could someone add it to the trove?
>>
>>59263913
So speaking of TOS, it sounds like pre-production is wrapping up. Anyone that's been hesitant might want to hit Backerit while they can.
>>
>>59261665
Rogue Stars has different mechanics but is definitely character-focused in terms of skills granularity and tons of individual effects and dice rolls
>>
>>59271391

>Decided not to back ToS because felt like the value wasn't there even though I really like the setting and the company
>Meanwhile threw 500 at joan of arc even though realistically I might play that one less than 5 times in a year
>Meanwhile threw like 450 at human interface because I simply don't have any cyberpunk minis/board games in my collection
>Meanwhile gonna probably go all in for street fighter because im a minor fan of the IP, will probably play that a few times a year, and never with someone who knows how to play so I'll never get any serious competition.
>Meanwhile plan to go all in on godtear, although with that one I really like the system, but as far as steamforged is concerned, i felt like they really screwed me over on the dark souls board game, and I don't trust them to put out good quality content right now

I will never understand what's fueling my buying decisions.
>>
>>59271519
I really want to bite the bullet on TOS, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
>>
>>59271519
>I will never understand what's fueling my buying decisions.
I bought things I have absolutely no use for, because they were a "good deal".
>>
>>59271519
On the value thing, that was at least partially deliberate on Wyrd's part so as to promote people actually buying it at a store later (as was the far cheaper retailer pledge). It's worked in a way, because a lot of people I know didn't go all in and are waiting for general release to pick things up. I only added on 2 extra units to my pledge, then when the game actually comes out I have things to periodically buy
>>
I was considering just buying a battle box for confrontation, but
>ships 2020
What are some reasonable alternatives?
I basically want a grass board, some nice terrain for a skirmish game, and not to go broke
>>
>>59255220
>>
File: lord of the feast.jpg (37 KB, 500x500)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>59269381
I use the Lord of the Feast from Privateer Press because I already owned it
https://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/circle-orboros/solos/lord-of-the-feast

then there's Arena Rex's version you already saw, here's Reaper take on it:
https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Dark%20Heaven%20Legends/latest/03673

And Pathfinder's version, not that great but better than Northstar and pretty cheap:
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8sf9?Pathfinder-Battles-Rise-of-the-Runelords-Wendigo
>>
>>59271519
Play your game playing more to maximize pleasure time.
>>
File: P80421-225053.jpg (1.59 MB, 2560x1920)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>going to make sci-fi meme cultists
>see if the bits fit my romans instead
my god, now I want a full romans with guns army
Still need to clean up the shoulders with some GS, or make capes to hide them.
>>
>>59276833
I like the guy with the lion head

Victoria arms usually go well with historical minis (like the Perry kits)
>>
>>59277141
these are agema minis. Perry has a lot of nice stuff, but as far as I know they don't have units built for ranks (kneeling at front, etc). At least not for romans.
Wolf head/cloak is roman velites box. He's neato, but look where his tunic ends. His cock should be hanging out from there!
>>
I want to use a small app to track my spells/abilities for ghost archipelago.
The available app on google play doesn't work.
Do any of you guys know of any apps that start with a "blank" spell book, and let you enter the information?
Alternatively, a printable sheet of the spell cards?
>>
>>59276833
Ok I'm stealing this idea for TNT, Caesar's Legion here we come. Anyone have any ideas for Lanius other than slapping a GW dwarf head onto some heavier armour? And also, does anyone know how well the Hail Caesar models from Warlord scale with their Project Z weapons? That's my plan for most of the fuckers and I'd ideally like to know before I order them
>>
>>59278647
iirc some of the minis in the TnT book are actually converted romans.
>>
File: 1382398116696.jpg (1.01 MB, 1224x2000)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Does anybody sell Arabic/Moorish style infantry in fairly heavy armour with halberds or similar?
>>
>>59275174
The lord of the feast isnt for me I want a more full transformation look for my skin walker, but the pathfinder, reaper and arena rex ones are just perfect.
>>
>>59281384
It depends on how many do you need and in what scale. I'll dump a few links for Saga, so 28mm. A word of warning: always read the description in order to know if spear, shields and bases are included or not.

https://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/SMF04_Mutatawwia_Fanatics_Hearthguards_on_Foot_4--product--4909.html

https://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/SHCA03_Black_Guard_8--product--5099.html

https://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/MOR09_Andalusian_Spearmen_Armoured_4--product--3670.html

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/new-releases/products/el-cid-ben-yusefs-black-guard-a

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/new-releases/products/el-cid-ben-yussefs-black-guard-b

https://fireforge-games.com/armies-of-islam/247-arab-heavy-infantry.html

https://footsoreminiatures.co.uk/collections/armies-of-the-caliphates/products/arab-heavy-infantry

https://footsoreminiatures.co.uk/collections/armies-of-the-caliphates/products/sudanese-infantry-command

https://footsoreminiatures.co.uk/collections/armies-of-the-caliphates/products/sudanese-infantry
>>
So I picked up Burrows and Badgers purely because the book looked nice. As it turns out the rules are pretty good and several people at my local club already own it and a few more are looking to buy it so I think I might make a warband for it.

I was thinking about using the Frostgrave Gnolls as the basis for a warband of hound rogues since I've been looking for an excuse to buy them. I figure if I kitbash them with a few WH Empire bits I have lying around they should end up looking less barbarian-y and more like highwaymen/bandits.

I'm worried the Gnolls might be too small though, thoughts?
>>
>>59282153
Thanks for the suggestions, I will give these a look.
>>
>>59283562
I like those gnolls. Thats really all I have to offer you.
>>
>>59283562
I found this size comparison photo.
>>
>>59286381
>on left an ugly mono color mary sue marine
>one right an interesting a colorful fantasy creature
How does anyone play 40k
>>
>>59287152

>High test full plate super soldier with pimped out pewpew
>Peasant beast dude with a shit quality axe and a goofy smile

Don't be daft anon. I'd be willing to bet a really high percentage of /awg/ started with warhams simply because of how mainstream it is and how appealing it is to young minds. Jumping into wargaming with 40k isn't bad. Sticking around once you realize how shit it is compared to other options is when you deserve to be ridiculed.
>>
Kindly requesting irregular wars conflict at the world's end
>>
>>59283562
What are the rules and warband building like?
>>
>>59278663
I've seen them, and it's the sort of look I'm going for with my stuff. Just swapping out weapons, adding scrap pieces to the armour, and making some shields look more like appropriated road signs
>>
>>59287376

The rules are simple enough. Instead of having fixed numbers in stats you have dice. This is what you roll when you want to do something related to the stat. It'll either be a fixed roll with a target number or an opposed roll against another mini. So say two guys are fighting, one is melee D6 while the other has a defence of D8. They roll off and whoever rolls highest wins with the difference being the damage of the attack if the attacker wins. There are the usual modifiers for weapons, charging, ganging up, etc, etc.

If you roll the highest possible result on a die then you crit and your roll counts as what is on the dice +7. This means weaker minis are more likely to crit (fortune favours the underdog) but they can still lose anyway.

Warband building is very straight forward. You have a maximum of ten guys, one of which must be your leader and another their second. You can mix and match species (There are around 30 in the book) and you are encouraged to do so. Single species lists are allowed but are somewhat limited so have a few extra rules. Your warband also picks a base, from a list of three which have their own abilities, and an allegiance which gives you some additional rules and tells you which spells any wizards you have can cast.
>>
>>59287942

Different anon, that actually sounds kind of fun to try, in a psuedo furry redwall skirmishy sort of way.
>>
File: Miniatures So Far.png (1.07 MB, 1280x1024)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
So, my current army idea for when my current projects are done is a cheesy 80s Italian, sword and sorcery barbarian gal army. I've done a bit more searching for miniatures.

I don't want to make this too large; i've been keeping my forces at about 30 to 40 miniatures.

So something like

15/20 hand to hand combat (spear, sword and shield, etc) miniatures
10 missile troops
5 cavalry
5 character pieces.

I've been looking around a lot and there's not too much on offer; here's what I've got so far that sort of fits the aesthetic. The Grenadier/Mirliton examples on the right are the ones I'm not very certain about, but will do in a pinch. The others range from 'Definitely going to get' to 'maybe'.

The search continues! I may have to convert to get cavalry miniatures, but that shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>59288568
The ones on the right are all Grenadier; on the left are a mix of Reaper, Magister Militum and Ral Partha.

I'm going for the 90s miniature thing for a few reasons: 1. These miniatures tend to be on the cheap side, so I can put together a force and not put too much of a dent in my wallet. 2. My collection is mostly older miniatures; and the more modern stuff will clash. 3. I personally like the aesthetic.

Pic related is the general theme I'm going for. Cheesy? Oh yes. But I think it'll fit well with my old fantasy stuff.
>>
File: mantis.jpg (92 KB, 400x533)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>59288759
Freebooter miniatures has some absolutely mouth watering amazons.
>>
>>59288821
I have to say, they do look fantastic. I'm just not a fan of that mesoamerican amazon look. However there are a few there that could work quite nicely.

I'll keep them in mind.
>>
File: Miniatures So Far.png (1.32 MB, 1280x1024)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>59288898
Also found a Copplestone miniature that fits; perhaps a musician or something.
>>
>>59289165
Check out hasslefree minis
>>
>>59289853
>hasslefree minis

They've got some good sculpts, but that 30mm scale is a bit of a bother.
>>
>>59266414
>>59268292
>>59271394
Thanks for the info Anons
>>
>>59288821
>>59288898
God damn I love their Amazons. Especially the mantis chick, such an awesome model.
>>
File: file.png (687 KB, 1250x848)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
Spanish drunkards at Norba did it again. Three trolls for 25 Euros.
>>
>>59288568
Hasslefree minis does a not-Red Sonja that might interest you as a character or unit champion.
>>
>>59278647
If you want specific character pieces, you might find a few you like on dark sword minis. They're like, 8USD a model though.

This search should give you every female human that they sell.
https://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?sculptor=&gender=Female&race=Human
>>
>>59264841
>>
>>59292814
Pretty great NOT lord of the rings models.
>>
>>59288093

Yeah it's very redwall.

It has full campaign rules too, very reminiscent of Necromunda/Mordheim. 12 scenarios right of the bat as well.

I'm really impressed with the book.
>>
>>59257102
You're an idiot. download the pic and reduce its size to 100% the model size (28-32mm) and then see if it's badly painted.
>>
File: godlasyer.jpg (27 KB, 283x229)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>59295311
I'm sorry, you must be blind.
I'm really, really sorry for your disability.

The colours are bad and the painting is terrible even with other miniatures of the range on Kickstarter, like the Amazons.
>>
File: datass.jpg (188 KB, 960x960)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>59293488
>>
>>59287942
Damn, sounds exactly like the kind of game I like. Is there a PDF somewhere?
>>
>>59293488

Sauce?
>>
I like these threads.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.