[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Bolas.jpg (433 KB, 1200x675)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
It's not enough to be a planeswalker dragon

He wants to be an oldwalker dragon again
>>
File: Nicol Bolas.jpg (106 KB, 657x1022)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Some people are figurative dickheads.

Nicol Bolas is a literal dickhead on account of the dick growing out of his chin.
>>
>>59184975
Dickhead doesn't begin to describe it.

Nicol Bolas is dickhead multiplied by asshole to the power of douchebag.

And he's STILL less of a cunt than his siblings were.
>>
>>59184880

He cant reach that brass spinny thing between his horns and its been pissing him off for literally aeons now
>>
>>59184880
I think you'll find he very effectively worked on removing all potential problems for him that could crop up with ruthless efficiency.
>>
I think a better question is. What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>59185027
>Nicol Bolas' family
I wonder if Vaevictus Asmodi kept talking about HIS COUSIN, NICOL.
>>
>>59184880
imagine having unending, unbeatable power over all things and peoples. his problem is that he wants more than that.
>>
>>59185083
>Wants to become a mage
>Sucks at magic
>Wants to become a Skaberen
>Sucks at making zombies
>Gets fired
>Starts experimenting on living people
>Turns out he's fucking great at it
>Demons start telling him what a cool guy he his
>Inquisitors find out and are gonna kill him
>Demons say "Ayy buddy let us help ya"
>He is possessed by demons, driven even more insane, and experience every ounce of pain he's ever caused anyone
>Oops turns out you're a planeswalker
>But it's too late to undo the demon shit
>Get BTFO by Sorin
>Is the worst Planeswalker card ever printed so fans don't care about him
>Fans don't care so he will never got a new version with abilities that aren't dog shit
I feel bad for the guy
>>
>>59185083
He likes pain. Literal sadomasochist.
>>
>>59185178
I think he might eventually find a home in Hollow One (modern)
>>
File: Bo Levar.jpg (81 KB, 640x510)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
The better question is how do you ever hope to compete with a man this awesome?
>>
File: Commodore Guff.jpg (30 KB, 223x310)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>59185334
With MtG Deadpool.
>>
>>59185178
The saddest part to me is all they had to do was not add "at random".
>>
>>59185525
I have still not found a good way to decide the at random bit. Most of the time I just shuffle my hand a bit, lay the cards down and let my opponent choose which to get rid of.
>>
>>59185178

If you changed his +1 to straight up Rummaging, not even looting, and he’d actually be usable.
>>
>>59185334
@Bo Levar
>>
File: Image.jpg (31 KB, 223x310)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>59185334
muh nigga
>>
Serious question: What's up with the Cadbury egg floating above his head all the time?
>>
>>59185334
>that fucking cigar
M A J E S T I C
>>
>>59185083
Say what you want about the man. He's probably the most stylish planeswalker
>>
Does Nicol Bolas have a massive underbite???
>>
>>59187868
>>59184880
>What the fuck was his problem?
His problem is he needs a frickin dentist
>>
File: 1501194346562.png (469 KB, 894x771)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>59184880
It's not enough to be a planeswalker, he needed to pump out the jams.
>>
File: EN_NicolBolas_Header.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1120)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>59187900
Forgot picture.
>>
File: review_gremlins1_1.jpg (107 KB, 800x531)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
someone fed him after midnight
>>
>>59184880
>All he wanted to do was open up his own Memphis style BBQ Restaurant chain
>His Brothers keep trying to tell him other styles are better
>Chromium even tries to say Mustard BBQ is better, that smug cunt.
>Kill them all
>Ugin tries to steal his idea
>""Kills"" him
>Trains an army of zombies as a labour force.

Bolas did nothing wrong.
>>
He is ugly.
With all that power he has he could at least make himself look handsome
>>
>>59189776
This, what the fuck. His face is disgusting. I swear niv mizzet is the only dragon that doesn't look like it's missing a chromosome
>>
>>59186383
>Now listen here u lil shit
- Bo Levar, planeswalker
>>
He is such a boring villain
>I wanna be stronger LMAO
>>
>>59190728
It's a bit more compelling than though He's already had utmost power. But then he had it taken away and is obsessed with trying to get it back.
>>
>>59186550
It gets even better. Bo Levar was one of those old-school Planeswalkers, the kind that were the gods of the multiverse. But instead of trying to solve the mysteries of the multiverse, amass great magical power, create a plane of their own or engage in other shit that's straight out of New Gods, Bo Levar decided to smuggle cigars across the multiverse. Because fuck greater magical wisdom, acquire smokes and money.

>>59186498
That's the Mirari, he took that from Mirrodin right before the Mending happened.
>>
>>59193290
I'm pretty sure it's the gem of Becoming.
>>
>>59184880
Friendly reminder that his quest to fix the spark is just even if his methodology is obscene, and that to cause such a fundamental change in the nature of reality the "mending" can only have had hideous consequences for the multiverse that will get worse with time.
>>
>>59193589
Just don't let Karn touch anything and it'll be fine.
>>
So who'd win, Nicol Bolas and his schemes or Phyrexia?
>>
I guess this thread is as good as any

>we must crush this evil at its source
>next visual is a ground level shot of Karn’s ominous looking hand as it reaches for his globe of Dominaria
>Implying anyone will forget why Mirrodin is now New Phyrexia
>Karn, Scion of Urza
>More like Karn, Scion of Yawgmoth
Make it happen, wotc.
>>
>>59184880
He’s a grixis shitlord, isn’t that explanation enough? He’s a power fantasy for the most obnoxious demographic of magic players.
>>
>>59196815
Depends, new or old Phyrexia?
>>
>>59185334
commander 2018 when
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (1.44 MB, 480x267)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
>>59189614
>>
Next set is gonna be set in Ravnica and it's gonna be a massive fight between New Phyrexia, the Eldrazi and Bolas and his army with the Gatewatch in the middle
>>
>>59196815
>Implying his scheme doesn't involve becoming the new Father of Machines
>>
>>59196815
I think Nicky B has New Phyrexia beat simply because he can always Walk away if things get to heavy, then come back from a different angle.
>>
File: 1427492670080.png (617 KB, 875x729)
617 KB
617 KB PNG
>>59197768
>Phyrexia, Bolas, and Kozilek all appear on Ravnica at the same time
>All realize they equally hate the gatewatch
>Decide to work together to fuck them up
>yfw
>>
>>59184880
His last name literally means "balls"
>>
>>59197768
New Phyrexia < Old Phyrexia, especially since Yawgmoth is gone
>>
>>59196815
Yawgmoth vs Nicol Bolas is abso-fucking-lutely a total fail-state for the multiverse.
>>
>>59189712
Ahh man, I miss that thread, there should have absolutely been screen caps. My favorite part about that whole green text was tezzeret being the employee of the month all the time.
>>
Bad writing.
>>
>>59198160
Remember what Urza did to Yawgmoth?

Now think if someone with the restraint and morals of Nicol Bolas did it.
>>
>>59199492
>Remember what Urza did to Yawgmoth
Get on his knees and offer 2 suck his cock?
>>
>>59201956
yeah now think if someone with the restraint and morals of Nicol Bolas did it.
>>
>>59184880
He is mad at wotc for taking away his god powers despite still being basically a god
>>
>>59184880
As an Oldwalker Elder Dragon, he was the single most powerful entity in the multiverse. If he chose to step onto a plane in anything but a specific way, he could obliterate it. Worlds lived and died at his whim and will.

Even other Oldwalkers, themselves functionally gods, were children next to him. And above all that, he was a dragon. With a dragon's pride, a dragon's arrogance, and a drgaon's power. And the Elder Dragons were themselves already rivals to Oldwalkers in power. Their war shook Dominia (not Dominaria, Dominia - i.e. the entire multiverse).

Even when the Umezawas managed to kill him, he survived it. He came back to life. Not even death was enough to end him.

And then the Mending lessened him. Began to age him, rendered him, while immensely powerful, mortal.

And he decided FUCK THAT SHIT.

That is his problem.
>>
>>59196815
Bolas. Yawgmoth never broke planes when walking to them by dint of sheer power. But the real answer is "everybody else loses", everybody in-story is just lucky the two of them never encountered each other.
>>
>>59185178
Supposedly, he's one of the few cases where being not playable worth a damn didn't also align with being hated - from what Wizards has said, people like Tibalt, they just hate his card (this is likely due to being such a snappy dresser)
>>
>>59204846
I find it hard to believe Nicol has never come across any Phryexian influence. Was he dead during the invasion or something? I can't remember
>>
>>59205112
I imagine it's less "never come across it" and more "Not my fucking problem"
>>
File: OriginalJeska.jpg (55 KB, 185x208)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>59204719
>he was the single most powerful entity in the multiverse
Oh sweetie
>>
>>59205112
He and Yawgmoth were never alive/active at the same time, from memory.
>>
>>59205198
Jeska only had that status momentarily at the conclusion of Time Spiral.
>>
>>59205198
You're 33.3(repeating) % correct
>>
>>59198160
Yawgmoth would get absolutely fucked in his ass. It's important to remember that he's pretty much an insane asshole that just tethered himself to a plane and plays at being a God.

Bolas would literally rip Phyrexia apart and then unmake him.
>>
>>59185178
>>59205004
>>59187219
He most probably wasn't in Innistrad V.2 as a Rakdos walker because all slots were taken by other walkers. With the new rule that the gatewatch don't have to fill every possible slot in a set he will most likely appear eventually in the next three sets somewhere.
>>
File: 1450766839579.jpg (322 KB, 939x520)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>59197768
>>59197836
leaked concept art
>>
>>59197836
Kozilek is dead and Emrakul is too grand to experience something as trivial as hate. (The ulamog and kozilek that appear on innistrad a imitations)
>>
>>59206241
>believing its death isn't just another butchering of the truth
>>
>>59202033
Get on his knees and DEMAND to let him suck his cock?
>>
>>59184880
He has magic alzheimer. His neowalker form cannot handle the sheer amount of knowledge and power he's accrued in his life and is breaking down as a result. He desperately wants to become an oldwalker again and continue his quest to read all the books.
>>
File: PLmdS[1].jpg (124 KB, 396x554)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>59206241
>Emrakul is too grand to experience something as trivial as hate.
Indeed
>>
>>59205339
Yawgmoth was capable of soloing literally every important planeswalker of his time. It took millennia of careful artifice, bending destiny itself, to create a weapon that could destroy him, and even that barely worked.
>>
>>59205339
>>59209914
Your also forgetting Yawgmoth has KILLED Dragon Planes walkers before.
>>
>>59209914
Yawgmoth was still, for all his power, plane-bound, with the same limitations.

Bolas was not. If he didn't enter a plane in a very specific place, it would collapse, and kill everybody on it, except him.

It's not so much about them fighting, as Bolas letting Yawgmoth fight him in the first place, because he doesn't need to. He can just break the plane by showing up.
>>
>>59210164
>Bolas can break a plane by showing up
>Yawgmoth can erase an Old Walker from existence by touching them
>The Eldrazi die to Channel/fireball.
>>
>>59210239
Eldrazi were clearly the weakest enemies.
Although Ugin was like "Oh, fuck, you damn meddling kids what did you do now holy fuck those beasts were important to the universe who knows whats going to happen now oh fuck i better get going"
>>
>>59210294
but it was a REEAALY BIG Fireball
>>
>gatewatch gets their shit together
>realize that they can just bait emrakul to fuck up any shithole plane they want (i.e Amonkhet, New Phyrexia, etc)
>they go planeswalking and use emrakul as a walking apocalypse
>eventually, emrakul catches on and feigns ignorance until it declares a rematch on the new gatewatch
>two huge armies appear suddenly
>bolas/eternals, new phyrexia both appear in full force
>both have grudge against gatewatch and emrakul
>4-way battle ensues
>sheer confluence of mana starts fucking up all of existence again
>timelines fracture and shit hits the fan
>four armies eventually unleash their final attacks
>metal/zombie/eldrazi/friendship beam struggle ensues
>multiverse literally ends because the power was so immense
>next set
>urza and his brother are having a feud over personal problems

magic is saved.
>>
>>59211508
I'd rather have a set dedicated to the Thran prior to Yawgmoth
>>
Why did Bolas do what he did way back when on Amonkhet? Wasn't that pre-mending? Did he just figure that was the best contingency plan for if he ever got depowered?
>>
>>59212527
he was a merciless god. what he did on amonkhet is probably pretty much exactly what he did all the time pre-mending.
>>
>>59212546
Right, I can understand him wanting to build a shrine to himself, but why was the whole thing set up to cease existing and become a bunch of zombies one day? What use does he have for a bunch of zombies pre-mending?
>>
>>59198405
Now im interested in this thread, but like you said, no screen caps. So sad
>>
If you get banned in standard you die in the lore
>>
>>59212565
he drained the plane of all it's resources and left it an empty shell. the trials really did seem set up to activate planeswalker sparks. you would have to go back and read the amonnkhet stories to put it together perfectly. i'm pretty sure he started the doomsday plan only when he understood his power was going to be reduced.
>>
>>59185550
You roll dice, with values being based off of the cards' positions when they're laid out flat on the table.

>>59187900
More an orthodontist than a dentist. He needs a retainer and wires.

>>59205898
Man, it's sort of sad that you can tell that image was made pre-BFZ because Emrakul seems to be using the hedrons as tools, rather than the tools messing with Eldrazi.

>>59212676
Did someone hit the Aetherworks Marvel with a wrench?
>>
>>59193290
It's not the Mirari; Memnarch is the Mirari.
>>
>>59197768
I think Nissa needs more time to Becomrakul before the eldrazi come back.

My reasoning: her spark was caused by encountering emrakul's true form, Jace's emrakul dream about her was watching her become an eldrazi, and emrakul seemed to talk to her during her trial of knowledge on amonkhet.

I want emrakul to come back again, because she's my favorite, but not THAT soon. People need a break from her.
>>
>>59212685
Thanks anon, that makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>59212725
https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Mirari#Memnarch
Apparently the Mirari was removed from Memnarch, but it doesn't say what happened to it after the Phyrexian takeover. Though considering that its caretakers are respectively Phyrexian, dead and Phyrexian, things don't look good.
>>
>>59212772
i think it's pretty obvious what will happen. when the time finally comes to face bolas they will steal the immortal sun and use it to trap him, then tamiyo and nahiri will use moon rock magic to summon the eldritch moon and release the one being that bolas cannot defeat.
>>
>>59212837
I was hoping nahiri would get so nihilistic that she joined the consortium, but that's cool too.
>>
>>59212865
i do like the idea of nissa going eldrazi. they are natural forces and trying to disrupt them is both futile and naive. broken bond has her talking about fixing her home. i could see her trying to rebuild zendikar as a world in harmony with the eldrazi.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.