[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 300px-Blood_jaguar.png (221 KB, 300x428)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
Post your favorite /tg/ homebrew Marine Chapters and tell me about them. These are the Blood Jaguars. Aztec inspired Flesh Tearer successors who's planet was caught in a nasty warp storm for 2,000 years, during which they fought off chaos corruption and remained loyal to the Imperium.
>>
File: 15238595489902.jpg (3.17 MB, 1869x2583)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
Does it just have to be Marines, or can we post any 40k homebrew? Because if so, than pic related
>>
>>59654677
is that inca inspired or?
>>
>>59655231
Tlingit/Haida inspired Imperial Guard called the Koloshi Stalkers. Archived thread has some really cool stuff in it.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/59147529/
>>
>>59654649
/tg/ ones:
-Blood Jaguars
-Black Locks
-Star Krakens
-Conservators
-Talons of Corvus
-Rising Sons
-Knights Repentant

My own personal ones:
-Steel Warlords
-Angelis Crusaders
-Axes of Russ
-Angels Psykana
>>
File: 1496605907400.png (1.99 MB, 2000x1800)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>59654649
More blood jaguars with non standard SoB.
>>
>>59655322
Don't forget The Hanged. TAKE THE KNOT!
>>
>>59655592
There’s no way that wasn’t intentional
>>
>>59655610
What was intentional? You mean their really cool and flavorful battle cry?
>>
>aging /tg/ memes
Embarrassing
>>
>>59655802
>aging autist filled with bitterness at lost youth
Embarrassing
>>
>>59655802
>Being a fun hating faggot
Embarrassing
>>
>>59655872
>No u!
>>
File: 1516244358222.jpg (370 KB, 920x1323)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
The was a cool nausicaa inspired technobarbarian IG regiment a while back.

>>59655802
You're posting on 4chan man, it doesn't get more embarassing than that.
>>
>>59654649
Blood Jaguars and Emperor's Nightmare were always my favorites. Star Krakens are also fucking boss. Angry Marines will always have a spot in my heart too, though.
>>
>>59655322
Tell me about the Angelia Crusaders.
>>
>>59656098
>nausicaa inspired technobarbarian IG regiment
I would actually like to read about this one.
>>
>>59656700
Blood Angels Successors. Remember Angels Resplendent? Before they became Angels Repentant?

They fill a similar role like the latter's previous incarnation, yet have a certain minor mutation that gives them something of a hyper-active disorder. This forces them to constantly do something (anything artistic, philosophical, forge-related or something like that) or do so more intensively (training of both physical and mental types, fighting in general and so on) in order to have them break a sweat else they'll tremble with energy.

This actually resulted in them having, compared to their parent Chapter, much less Death Company members.

Their homeworld is a medieval desert planet and their fortress monastery is situated in a mountain range in the middle of a sea of sand.

Still work in progress.
>>
>>59654649
I would but you already did.
Damn they are cool.
>>
>>59655301
cool
>>
>>59655322
>Black Locks
Incredible that someone else knows about them. Pirate Space Marines. Totally underrated.
>>
I've got four of my own.
The Asuras
Desert Crows
Iron Typhoons
And Wings of Camazotz.
Which ones are you guys interested in by name alone?
>>
File: Battle-brother.png (32 KB, 201x281)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>59654649
Sons of Barca
-Carthaginian inspired, including feud with Ultramarines
-IF successors.
-Colors are white and bronze.
-Their homeworld is a gas giant in the Segmentum Pacificus.
-Recruit from ferals inside their own ships.
-Make vassals out of rogue traders, giving scout squads as bodyguards in exchange for info and salvaged equipment.
-Use warships refitted as ironclad-pattern, no void shields but lots of armor, ramming them like carthaginians did with their galleys. Also board capturable ships.
-Substantial use of omophagea.
-Full battle-brothers suffer trepanation.
-No terminator armour.
-Power plate full of bonding studs.
-Ties with a nearby forge-temple.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wzvXfF4RWWbKqKwOCsQTWQHFPXBFELakInLnICb1_KY/edit?usp=sharing

>>59656098
>>59656950
Me too.
>>
>>59657275
Asuras.
>>
>>59655322
>Angels Psykana
Tell me more?
>>
File: 2nd Captain Agni.png (2 MB, 1280x1819)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>59657431
Eastern mysticism inspired Blood Angels successors that have a belief system similar to Buddhism and Hinduism that believe the Emps is a boddhisvatha trying to elevate humanity as a whole into nirvana and meditating is a method for curbing the red thirst and black rage. They primarily fight Chaos cultists and daemons, believing the forces of Chaos keep all life on the galaxy fron achieving enlightment.
>>
>>59657541
Nice. Do they have relics called Astras?
>>
>>59657609
I haven't written anything on any relics. For now I'm only fleshing out the important named members of the group. Most of them named for famous figures in eastern mysticism like Chief Librarian Siddartha.
>>
>>59654649
The Night Men

They were secretly founded with loyalist Night Lords after the heresy with NL gene seed. They are drawn from a few different hive worlds from the most honorable and judicious arbites on those worlds. They employ shock, horror, and terror tactics much like the Night Lords of yore, but they take no pleasure in it. After most campaigns they embark on months long self flegalating bouts in order to purge themselves of their sins. Their motto is “our fate is the grimmest.”

I paint them black with white lightening bolts.
>>
>>59657689
I like them, but Night Men sounds really mundane. I'd find a more badass name for them like Warriors Obscurum.
>>
This reminds me that I did a aztec inspired space marine chapter called The Obsidian Champions. They like to capture enemies and sacrifice them for power and to the Emperor.
>>
>>59657719
Every time that happened in canon it led to Chaos Corruption.
>>
>>59657463
Also work in progress. Dark Angels successors. Essentially what if Blood Ravens were DA successors, yet replace kleptomania with hunting the Fallen.

Have a large number of psykers that are all specialized in divination and clairvoyance. They use the Emperor's Tarot (along with loads of other mystical stuff) to predict where and when the Fallen might appear. This allows them to actually go and wait for the latter while the rest of their forces go off helping the rest of the Imperial warmachine. The results are that this allowed them to actually gain credit and trust towards the Lion's sons.

Also their Chapter Master is not a psyker. Oh, and their fortress monastery is located on the dark side of the moon of the jungle homeworld.

>>59657689
>>59657711
So much more like Batman, but very pro-Imperial?
>>
>>59657804
I don't think Batman expresses much regret at beating the mentally ill.
>>
>>59657832
Comicbook Batman is a madman I say.
>>
I'd say that the Ice Wraiths are the ones I liked the most...but I Namefagged when they were being made, so it really just Narcissism.

Also there were the Screaming Suns, a Warband of Chaos Ultras that went from "Constant Vigilance Levels that would make the Dark Angels Worried" to "GIMME YOUR FUCKING PAINT CHIPS TOM!" in one flying leap.
>>
The 1st Keldan Drop Regiment, also known unofficially as the Keldan Warriors and the Vanguard Immortals.

They're officially a drop troop regiment of the Imperial Guard, but for all other intents and purposes are a special forces regiment sanctioned by the Lord General Militant of their home sector.

The 1st operate rather autonomously as a Spartan society, stationed on a Death World they use to toughen and train their warriors. In fact, they are completely obsessed with the ideals of the 'warrior', believing that to dedicate oneself to war and to be a warrior is to be fundamentally superior to a soldier. Their reasoning is that being a soldier is merely a profession, often pursued without choice or because there was no other viable one; whereas a warrior is a fighter who constantly trains to improve himself and hone his skills, choosing happily to dedicate his life to war.

They don't really standardise their training, nor do they adhere to a strict code if discipline. Instead these things are expected to be self-conducted and maintained. As a result, they don't have commissars attached to them.

They also have the belief that an unenhanced human can, through his own potential, hard work and intelligence, become just as good a warrior as someone like an Astartes or an Assassin who have been heavily genetically and/or cybernetically 'improved'. This is one of the reasons that they idolize the Emperor, believing him to be the greatest natural and self-improved warrior in the history of the universe and strive to be like him.

As a result, the regiment is full of badasses and outperforms most other regiments by quite a margin. However they are rarely deployed in an en-masse battle-line, with their superiors preferring to use them as a more special-forces orientated regiment.
>>
>>59657952
What?
>>
sharing my dudes since none of my opponents would care

Etymonians

-Unknown primarch. Revere the Emperor and the spirit of the deceased.
-Initially created to guard sensitive inquisitorial libraries against heist attempts (especially against thousand sons)
-One marine became a hero of the chapter when he managed to bring back a stolen grimoire after decades of searches, restoring their damaged honor.
-They now go on quests to find lost knowledge and artifacts (at least, when the inquisition doesn need them). Which is often a rite of passage for promotion.
-As a result, the marines are relatively accustomed to travelling in squads or even smaller groups outside of active combat zones.
-Recruiting world is former hive world whose sun only emits light in the IR specter now. Gangs of nomad scavengers roam the ruins, various giant predators inhabit the toxic wastes and abandonned subterranean complexes.
-Despite heavy psychoconditionning and neural implants, corruption is still an issue due to the hazardous nature of most books, and the chaplains are very watchful.
-Home world is gas giant (honestly, that's as impregnable as a planet can get. death worlds don't have shit on gas giants), but effective command is non-existant since more than half the chapter is spread in secret inquisition holdings all around the pacificus segmentum.
-Favor infantry and melee and close range weaponry (melta and flamer, mostly). Very few vehicles.
-Daily life is very monastic, they work as scribes when not training or on watch duty.

Bone armor inscribed with text all over it, and dark blue robes. Numerous symbols of piety like purity seals and wards. Chapter symbol is pic, an open book (usually the first one copied by the marine as a scout) is often affixed on the other pauldron.
>>
>>59657952
I can related, I love the Cardinal Knights, but that's only because its the only time I've ever had any inspiration to do some writing in a thread. Ended up doing over half the fluff for them. Can't believe it was over two years ago now.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Cardinal_Knights
>>
>>59656172
>Angry Marines
Beat me to it.
>>
File: boris propa colors.png (1.58 MB, 800x1020)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>59654649
>>59655478
>BJags
Always stoked to see these guys get posted. That year was a blast for drawfaggin'.

Have some more from that era.
>>
>>59658815
I found out about them while browsing 1d4chan anr ate up all the lore. Is there any more writefaggotry for em?
>>
>>59658872
You can always check the sup/tg archives, but I think most everything from the initial threads got moved to 1d4chan.
>>
I was thinking about the Blood Jaguars the other day. It's a shame no one has ever done some irl conversions.
>>
>>59659595
They're a massive pain in the ass to paint, to be fair.
>>
File: Jupiter_MAD.jpg (833 KB, 1730x1730)
833 KB
833 KB JPG
>>59658509
What's their stance on the squads Gulliman tasked with rebuilding the Imperium's history?

>Recruiting world is former hive world whose sun only emits light in the IR specter now. Gangs of nomad scavengers roam the ruins, various giant predators inhabit the toxic wastes and abandonned subterranean complexes.
That looks cool.

>Home world is gas giant (honestly, that's as impregnable as a planet can get. death worlds don't have shit on gas giants)
What do you mean? I (>>59657408) also have my chapter living in a gas giant. It is a mining and agri-world.

>Daily life is very monastic, they work as scribes when not training or on watch duty.
Does that includes the snails and complaints? Kkkkkk
https://io9.gizmodo.com/5896008/medieval-monks-complained-about-their-jobs-in-the-margins-of-ancient-manuscripts
But seriously, they're good.
>>
Order of the Armored Hearts- SOBs who were excellent at hand to hand and swordsmenship. I like them because I contributed a bit to the write fagging

The Koloshi stalkers because I was in that thread.

As for personal ones? I've been trying to develop a Marine chapter of Buddhist marines loosely inspired by 36th Chambers. The initial idea came because I wanted to have a buddhist Chaplain for a Deathwatch game.
>>
>>59660573
The lamas also used the monks as a large
body of readily-available men in the event that
the country was invaded. In the diary kept by
Captain O’Connor in 1903 during the Younghusband
mission, he writes,
“The monks of the three big monasteries are
a truculent lot-regularly drilled, bitterly hostile
to foreigners, and apparently spoiling for a
fight. Arms of sorts for all monks are stored in
the monasteries.”
Monks could reconcile the taking of life and
inflicting pain in times of warfare by receiving
indulgences from the head lamas.
In practice, monasteries evolved into hierarchies
with distinct classes of masters, teachers,
students and servants. There were also fraternities
of younger monks that valued physical
development and training in combat. They took
great effort to develop their ability to jump
higher and further and held competitions on
a regular basis to test themselves against the
skills of their brethren.
From these fraternities was drawn a group
commonly called the Dob-dobs who served
in a security and law enforcement capacity.
Men were chosen for the Dob-dobs who were
stronger and larger than average, as well as
fearless. They were distinguished by the large
padded shoulders of their clothing and usually
blackened their faces with soot to make
their appearance more menacing.
Their duties included crowd control during
public ceremonies and maintaining order within
the monastery. The weapons that they carried
were typically a short staff and a whip
made from rhinoceros hide imported from
Nepal and northern India.
The sharp crack of the Dob-dobs whips was
an iconic part of any public event as they drove
back the crowds that surged forward to place
themselves in favorable locations to receive
blessings from the lamas.
>>
>>59660676
The typical method that a monastery would
use to deal with local bandit tribes would be
to send out a cursing party of up to sixty
monks. Usually the bandits would pay the
monastery a fee and depart their lands to
avoid being cursed.
Every monastery has a library containing
sacred texts that are printed with wood
blocks on long narrow strips of paper. Instead
of printer’s ink they sometimes use
soot produced from burning yak dung. Tibetan
books are never bound; instead they
are placed between pieces of wood, often
elaborately carved, and wrapped in cloth.
In one monastery an explorer was shown
their most prized book that was printed
on black paper with gold and white ink. He
was told that the white ink was made from
the ground bones of a great lama.
-
On pilgrimage routes in the vicinity of monasteries,
long walls of stone covered with Tibetan
writing are often seen. These walls are
constructed of individually carved and painted
rocks called mani stones.
Pious monks either carve or paint the individual
rocks and over the centuries some
of the walls have become over a mile long.
Travelers are supposed to pass a mani with
the wall of stones to their right.
Very often a chorten will be located on the
end of the mani wall and marks the burial site
of a person of importance, or in the case of
the largest chortens, perhaps an entire family.
Chorten is sometimes translated into English
as receptacle for offerings.
A chorten that contains the ashes of many
individuals may have had the ashes mixed with
clay and formed into a figure that represents
them. If the ashes are completely present a
skilled wizard may be able to use them in a
Resurrection spell.
-
There is one school of thought, among some
involved with esoteric matters, that the major
chortens are placed over the entrances to
the lairs of monsters to stop them from entering
our world.
>>
>>59660696
Oh, those are interesting bits I got from tibetan monks, thought it could inspire you.

Bardo is the intermediate state between death
and rebirth. If the person has sinned in their
life then a considerable amount of the time
that they spend wandering in the Bardo will be
spent with demons tormenting them until they
receive an unfavorable rebirth at a lower station,
perhaps even as an insect.
--
Potala Palace – In the early seventh century a
Tibetan king built a palace on this hill. Most of
the current palace was constructed during the
mid-seventeenth century. It contains over one
thousand rooms and in some places the walls
are over fifteen feet thick. Having been built on
a hill allowed for excavation of the stone to create
hidden galleries, rooms and stairways. There
are thirteen floors of structures with many of
them interconnecting. There are rooms and entire
sections devoted to government functions
and monastic schools for specialized techniques.
There are some rooms where entry is
restricted only to the Dalai Lama and, in some
cases, they have not been visited for several
centuries.
>>
>>59654649
my favorite homebrew chapter is called "the steel hearts"
these sons of Ferrus manus fight war in three ways: the physical, the logistic and the psychological. basically they shove tanks down your throat while their infiltrators go full "nuthin personell" and everybody has constant vox contact.

the tg one that i liked the most were the jungle claws. marines that had traces of orc dna which was under the foor of the inquisition.
>>
>>59654649
https://voiceofrob.deviantart.com/art/Scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel-part-1-728147348

"Reforge legion"
Imperial Guard legion
Primarily recruits from penal colonies and broken worlds.
They take you in when you are at your lowest, gives you good food, drink, and a nice heavy suit of steel armor that charges your las packs from your own body heat.

They pull you out of the gutter and give you a half decent life and chance of survival (relative to the guard) so long as you fight for them.

They have on stafff
-A biotech that loves turning disloyal soldiers into servitors
-A psychiatrist that performs experiments on the reforged soldiers to put them into a fearless combat rage
-A psyker that coordinates their actions via telepathy and empathic sharing
>>
>>59657408
Everything that has a feud with the faggy broken Mary Sue Ultramarines is approved without any questions
>>
YOU WILL ALL BE FLATTENED
BY THE ASTARTES PARTINAX

God, that was a good time.
>>
Also, the chapter I wrote for A Plague of Aliens, which will be going up on 1d4chan SOON(tm). The Blue Daggers, which I'm making a writeup for, Dark Heresy style.
>>
>>59660676
>>59660696
>>59660714

Noice.

I'll have to really look into this then. Thanks anon
>>
>>59660714
>>59660696
>>59660676
So these marines would be more a policing force for the local subsector? As well as normal duties for marines, they seem more hands on in their approach.
>>
>>59662267
That doesn't depend on me, just provided the anon (>>59660573 >>59662027) with tibetan lore. Although it's possible they colaborate with arbites; use power whips with non-lethal settings, like extensible power mauls; have elaborate rituals to discern if their recruits are the reincarnation of previous marines.

The anon could also use that as basis for their ice/mountainous homeworld, on which the marines actively police against heretics and/or handle mobs of pilgrims.

What else?

Their library might have ink made from previous marines, grounding bones and ashes to write on parchment made from the skin of dead serfs.

Their banner might be mandala-like, a symbolic representation of the Imperium of Man, with Holy Terra in the center.

They might have chortens rumored to contain demons and sacred valleys like in the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyul
>>
bump
>>
>>59657689
Their sworn enemies are the famous martial-arts scholars and professional makers of personal introductions, the Day Men. They fight over the unclaimed, troll-infested planet Boizol.
>>
File: 1481859506362.png (2.89 MB, 2500x2002)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB PNG
Any interesting homebrew chaos warband?

On a sidenote, I liked the thread about imperial daemons. It went full retard, but in a good way.

>>59660312
>gas giants

>lots of space
>deadly environment
>provides additional camouflage and protection from orbital bombardment
>is just plain cool

>What's their stance on the squads Gulliman tasked with rebuilding the Imperium's history?
I'm not completely up to date about fluff, and our current narrative is tau and mercs (orks proxies) getting wrecked by an eldar/dark eldar/harlequin/exodite (in epic armageddon) force while trying to colonize a maiden world, with the Imperium harassing both sides.
Plus I'm dealing with lots of corruption (fluffy bit to explain why the chapter recently fought against admech and IG, I lended my army to a friend for part of the campaign), so the chapter isn't exactly operationally available.
>>
>>59657408
that's a sweet scheme and chapter emblem.
>>
I like the Knight repentants (pre-heresy word bearers lost in the warp and reappearing in the 41st millenium).

There was also a chapter whose geneseed flaw made the marines flashback all the time, confusing the current fight with long gone battles, and even fighting phantoms instead of real enemies, as well as providing them with unmatched tactical knowledge of prior battles. I used it as an inspiration for a DW character a couple years ago, it was a blast.
>>
>>59656172
I built a EN army. Good times. I miss them. Fucking syringe-Nauts
>>
>>59654649
/tg/ created ones: I too go with the Blood Jaguars.
Though I am working on the fluff of a personal custom chapter: the Cast Irons.
>>
>>59662616

So I actually like a lot of the ideas because the secret of my Buddhist marines is thatThey are of Word Bearer Stock So having them be in charge of a pilgram world for their sector and having arbites or something like that help police the billions of pilgrams that come in and possibly selecting from them as well sounds cool.

Basic idea for them

The Knights of the Wheel have a very non-standard approach to their command structure. The Companies are broken down into Chambers where all members are expected to go through even if they are ultimately slated to be specialized such as apothecaries or Librarians.

The general ranks are Brother initiate, Enlightened Brother, and Arhat. Brother initates are all newly mented marines. They have no scouts essentially but thats what they are until they pass all 10 chambers and earn the rank of Enlightened Brother.

Arhats are recognized Veterans and can and do act as Captains and Lieutenants but their combat prowess allows them to act in virtually any role needed and they are allowed to take assets as needed to accomplish certain objectives.

The schtick is suppose to be their tactical flexibility and they are just as fine fighting out of armor wielding shotguns, power daos and Monk spades as they are in armor.

The Command structure has the Chapter Master being the Head Chaplain or, in this case, the Abbot and his authority is denoted by a particuarly Crux Rozarius with the Aquila with three rings on each wing.

As for their armor/uniforms? Outside of armor the Brother initiates wear grey short sleeve tunics and pants, and Tabi style boots with ceramite prayer beads. When they can wear armor they get yellow robes with grey sashs (they wear the sash's over their armor) and finally the Arhats have Red Sashs.
>>
I enjoyed helping with the void gazers. Kinda sad that the main dude writing them fucked off some where.
>>
Am I the only one that remembers a homebrew of bike riding Sororitas? They were suppose to GO FAST and they fought adapted cheeta tyranids?
>>
>>59666638
>Am I the only one that remembers a homebrew of bike riding Sororitas
You are, so go make them a thing
>>
File: 1526101764094.jpg (1.04 MB, 1737x2118)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>59665416
>gas giants

>lots of space
>deadly environment
>provides additional camouflage and protection from orbital bombardment
>is just plain cool
Ok, it checks out.

>>59665426
Thanks.

>>59665748
>Cast Irons
Tell us more.

>>59666527
You're welcome.

It's a good start. How about every chamber corresponding to a gene-seed organ?

>>59666638
Tell us more, anon.

Got me some sweet art, YES.
>>
File: IN DARKNESS DWELLS.png (152 KB, 1041x792)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
I'm partial to the Star Krakens
>>
File: BloodJaguar.png (1.32 MB, 869x1241)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>59655478

Good one for sure.
>>
>>59661908
Those are comedy gold.
>>
>>59658509

You could make that work plausibly. Have the "world" be a collection of DAoT platforms that sit on a Jupiter like world slightly below the 1 bar "surface". Platforms are in disrepair only existing by virtur of their automated systems.

These massive archaeotech platforms consist of fusion reactors and an atmosphere refinery. The refinery separates and purifies the various elements. Helium goes to fill hot helium balloons keeping the whole thing buoyant. The rest to provide an atmosphere and anything you can make out of the atmosphere. Bring in trace minerals from the outside from time to time and you can build whole agriworlds worth of space.

It'll be about 2.5 G at the "surface", where you have 1 bar of pressure. So humans can live and work there (average human will feel like they weigh 400 lbs)

Give it some big inhabitable moons where people can mine and build spaceships, and you have a reason why it was built.

Add 10,000 years of grimdark, and the moons were depopulated, lack of trace metals caused things to go badly on the platforms. Someone stumbled on them, decided "Hey, these crazy fucking ballon barges floating under a gas giant would be a great place to store shit you don't want getting jacked".

Anything happens to a platform, the debris is going to fall a long long way down through an increasingly deadly atmosphere rather than being available for anyone to collect.

Downside is: If the AdMech ever find who that someone was, who effectively put this off limits to them, they will probably go full Roko's Basilisk on the poor motherfucker.

Further Downside: The chapter has to keep the AdMech at arm's length: Few vehicles.

Your baseline space marine from the gas giant is going to to be twice as strong as a human from a 1G world already. Favors close combat where the stronkth can be put to best use.

Also, since their 'homeworld" is sitting on giant floating refineries a focus on melta and flamer weaponry makes sense.
>>
>>59655592
>>59655610
>>59655750
I could also see that being the battle cry for The Hung a Space Wolf successor.
>>
>>59672100
I remember being around for those threads and contributing. Their Chapter rolled up a severe lack of Terminator armor, so I was the one who floated the idea for Boarding Shields, because Boarding Shields look cool and work well with the theme of being ship-to-ship boarding specialists. Same with Melta, since while they rolled low on exotic special weapons, Melta would need to be stockpiled and prioritized for cutting through bulkheads and opening breaches.
>>
I got three left to discuss. Which one do you want to learn about?
>Desert Crows
>Wings of Camazotz
>Iron Typhoons
>>
>>59675535
Which one is your personal favorite?
>>
>>59675563
Probably the Crows. They're space Apaches since GW gave up on making DA the space injuns and settled for making them space monks instead.
>>
>>59670608
Cast Irons: A Summary.
Space Marine chapter with a focus on hunting, cooking, and consuming xenos prey. This is reflected in their weaponry, with them preferring a wide variety of knives and flamers over swords and bolters. Tactics wise, they are experts of on the field supply harvesting (specifically towards food). And as you could have probably guessed, if not from the name of the chapter then from this description, they have a thing for food. Oft in battles against beasts like the tyranid or the ork they would cook and consume what they killed, though most of the time they wait until the end of the battle.
The chapter does have a mutation of the geneseed, though it is mostly benign; only increasing the metabolism and food requirements to an almost ludicrous degree. Even surpassing the appetites of their battle brothers in other chapters.
Perhaps their most distinguishing trait, and one of questionable heresy, is their passive psychic potential. This isn't enough for an entire chapter of librarians, of course, and even their librarians don't have that much greater power, but it does help with and likely comes from one of their chapter rituals; the cooking and consumption of daemons, of warpflesh.
The custom goes that initiates, in addition to all the training necessary of an astartes, are also fed a serving of daemon flesh every day. Should they survive with minimal mutation, possession, or death, they will be considered ready to join their battle brothers when they are ready. This happens far less than you would think, for this ritual is also a test for a specialist unit of the Cast Irons; the warp chef (name subject to change). Should the warp chef fail to cook the daemon flesh properly, which is determined by the mutations and death of initiates, they are expelled from the chapter and sent to die in a glorious battle.

That's a rough summary of the fluff, but I do have a few more ideas to throw around.
>>
File: 1501915950084.jpg (171 KB, 560x1126)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>59670608
>>59666638
They were made alongside White Scar descendant marines on a blasted arid planet fighting Necrons and Tyranids. The populace was part of a Necron experiment long ago that made them abhumans. Both forces recruited from them to bolster their forces. I'll look through the archive for them.
>>
>>59675594
So go with them.

>>59675595
How does their passive psychic power manifests?
And throw the other ideas as well.
>>
>>59675654
>How does their passive psychic power manifests?
The ability and instinctual knowledge of how to properly carve, cook, and otherwise prepare the various chaotic and at times corrupting warpflesh of daemons. Since the are made of warp energies themselves, this is necessary for safe eating.
Other ideas: Their fortress monastery has a rather large boiler room. So much steam does it produce that the very weather shifts and changes, bringing rain the the lands bellow, whenever it is used.
It is used almost constantly.
Based on what chaos god the daemon are spawned from, which force they serve, the flavor, texture, and cooking technique of the flesh differs. I'd go more into it, but it has little to do with the chapter themselves.
Not sure what to make their color scheme; I was thinking a brown and orange scheme with redish-pink highlights here and there to give the impression of cooked meat.
The Cast Irons were the only chapter who were happy to hear of the existence of the tyrannids; the shadow in the warp proved problematic for a while, but through sheer force of will they manage. (Their librarians still avoid them, though.) Is actually a favored enemy of the Cast Irons.
Relations with the eldar are more strained than the rest of humanity due to the Craftworld ___ incident.
>>
File: Opn72Tr.jpg (20 KB, 400x500)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>59675654
Alright so the Desert Crows are a young Raven Guard siccessor chapter, only founded in M40. They recruit from a feral desert planet named Geronimo Quintus that's entire culture revolves around warfare, hunting, and knife fighting. They're commonly reffered to as the best fucking knife fighters in the Imperium of Man. They lost their first War Chief (what they refer their Chapter Masters as) Kochise when he was ate alive by a group of Carnifexes. His successor and current War Chief, Thunderhawk earned his position by taking revenge for Kochise and doing battle with the carnies using only his monoatomic knife. The battle lasted two days and he lost his right arm, left leg, and left eye, but survived and his compatriots found him on top of a huge pile of dead 'nids coveted in viscera and holding one knife in his remaining arm and one in his mouth.
>>
>>59670608

They're like Space wolves The Knights of the Wheel act like space wolves in that they put all of the implants inside of you initially and basically you're a full marine in that sense but you dont get armor until you after you achieve the rank of Enlightened Brother

And yeah, in keeping with the movie, the Chambers respond to the different forms of training (scout, vehicle, ect) as well as teaching them how to use their various organs (including brain eating).

I thought about it for a bit and I realize it would make more sense to be Ultima Founding Marines to make sure they have all of their organs but then no one ever said the issue of missing organs was with the traitior seed because they are rarely used.
>>
>>59675830
Did they eat eldars?
>>
>>59679158
Technically yes.
Turns out eldar blood, when mixed with seltzer water and chilled with ice, tastes nice.
True, other human forces kill the Eldar on sight, but at least they tend to leave the bodies as they are after killing them.
This is just another layer of unwanted humiliation for them.
>>
>>59679259
>you will never get to go to flavor town aided by xenos ingredients
Why even live
>>
>>59676111
>best fucking knife fighters
Awesome.

>His successor and current War Chief, Thunderhawk earned his position by taking revenge for Kochise and doing battle with the carnies using only his monoatomic knife. The battle lasted two days and he lost his right arm, left leg, and left eye, but survived and his compatriots found him on top of a huge pile of dead 'nids coveted in viscera and holding one knife in his remaining arm and one in his mouth.
Badass. Now that's a proper vengeance.

>>59677481
Btw, what movie is that?

>I thought about it for a bit and I realize it would make more sense to be Ultima Founding Marines to make sure they have all of their organs but then no one ever said the issue of missing organs was with the traitior seed because they are rarely used.
I believe the word bearers gene-seed has no missing organs.

>>59679158
Fuck me, your dudes are hardcore.
Btw, wouldn't know what to say about the color scheme unless I saw it.
Where did they get the "eating your enemies" culture from? It reminds me of certain tribes like the brazilian Tupi, which aimed to acquire the strengths of their foes. It was even honorable to be selected as a meal.
>>
File: Tupi girl.jpg (153 KB, 1050x700)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>59679348
>Fuck me, your dudes are hardcore.
>Btw, wouldn't know what to say about the color scheme unless I saw it.
>Where did they get the "eating your enemies" culture from? It reminds me of certain tribes like the brazilian Tupi, which aimed to acquire the strengths of their foes. It was even honorable to be selected as a meal.

Meant to be >>59679259
>>
>>59679395
>Color scheme
I admit I haven't created it yet. It's just a thought in my mind. I'll try and make something, but no guarantees are being made.
>Eating their enemies
That is actually quite simple, though not that honorable.
>Their mutation increases metabolism and, by proxy, food requirements.
>They spend most of there days fighting xenos & daemons.
>These forces are not 'human', therefore they can eat them.
It all boils down to practicality and whatever tastes good.
For instance, Bloodthirster musculature tends to be too tough or stringy to get anything out of. Their hearts, on the other hand, do tend to have a rich and somewhat spicy flavor to them.
>>
File: tank-girl-bfg.jpg (314 KB, 1024x1361)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
Homebrew idea: A Sisters of Battle Chapter that sent to a death world and forced to adapt. After nearly losing all of their expensive equipment, they decided it was better to worship Emps by simply being badass rather than relying on long rituals and shiny gear. A 'practice more than you preach' method. Prayer is more like a nervous tick / breathing, as trying to stop for any ritual /anything makes them quickly dead.

Something like a Tank Girl, mixed with even more Mad Max and Catachan Jungle Warriors. And of course, their Leviathan has been re purposed to be faster and look a lot more like the Flamethrower Guitar Battle-Wagon from Mad Max.

"THE EMPEROR DEMANDS HEAVY METAL!!! "
https://youtu.be/hRF-pgMWpwQ?t=20
>>
File: h05dN7C.png (113 KB, 400x500)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>59679348
Thanks. Have a Crow scout.
>>
>>59657804
i like that because i came up with a very similar chapter: the Silent Hounds

they are almost exact copies of what you said, but when they hunt a fallen, they do so with such determination and unwavering accuracy, that they are similar in manor to the bloodhounds of the old ages long forgotten, fierce pack canines that were said to be able to track a scent through vaccum, and across continents such was their skill. then, when a fallen is ultimatley found and captured, they will guard against escape and socery with such determination that they never have wavered or lost a quarry. to protect themselves from the lies of the fallen, it is customary never to speak or be heard in the presence of a fallen. they will shut out all sound and vox within their helmets, standing in perfect silence, like a well trained hunting hound, until released from their duty.

their colors are the dark green of the dark angels, and silver, though they will also don the furs various animals, and are often mistaken for space wolves, whom they despise as the lion himself disliked his brother the great wolf. it is unknown if they are true dark angels successors, but their chapter, and their chapter master (called the Master-Hound) are unwaveringly steadfast in their commitment to returning their fallen and lost to the leaders of the Dark Angels for retribution.
>>
>>59679348

The movie I'm basing it on is literally called 36 chambers of shaolin or Master killer as it's sometimes called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkpvfDZouRM

In my mind, a typical combat for the Knights of the wheel will have Arhats leading a charge either with fellow Arhats or Enlightened brothers in power armor and then hordes of initiates wearing scout armor.
>>
[name pending future change] Ealde Fehrweard

Ultra successor. Not because >muh ward, but because they follow an Anglo-Saxon theme, and their creation mimics the events that saw Roman Britain transition to A-S Britain. To keep the comparison adept, they don't particularly take any aspects from the Ultramarines (A-S Germanics were significantly less exposed to Rome than their Rhine area brothers, but some did arrive from Roman Foederati service.)
Created after a particularly large Xenos invasion campaign in Segmentum Tempestus somewhere between M35-M37 that in terms of devastation is similar to the Hun invasion of Europe. (but wholly different in means)
Chapter homeworld is a desolate arctic planet - they recruit from a number of worlds by using their artisans to create jewellery pieces like buckles or brooches, all installed with a central gemstone that possesses a machine spirit.
They distribute these in large public gatherings to promising candidates but the scouts also pilgrimage across recruiting worlds to find candidates who did not know or could not make it to the gatherings. The vast majority of their scouts are thus often unavailable for immediate action.
The first challenge is to make it to the chapter homeworld with the artisan product in hand. It records their actions - those who took immoral means to do so are placed into a secretive 11th company assuming they survive the physical and mental ordeals of becoming a marine.
The 11th company is headed by the Chaplain Secundus, who is second to the Reclusiarch, as well as a team of minor Chaplains in training to lead these immoral initiates into martyrdom or heroism. After a minimum period of 50 years, these marines may be considered for a pardon, but this is rare.
Infantry heavy, generally line (getting that shield wall feel). Weapon choice is focused on CCW, powersword, poweraxe, thunderhammer, breach/stormshields, bolters, plasma guns, HBs, missile launchers and lascannons. Armour is rare.
>>
>>59679509
How do they use omophagea, if at all? It seems to fit right in with their foe eating.

>>59679854
You're welcome. Now, tell me about the Wings of Camazotz.

>>59681742
How about applying the "old master" hat to a dreadnought? Some kind of venerable and wise mentor.
You also may like this:
http://greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com.br/2015/12/the-ghost-faced-warrior-monks-of.html
>The ghost-faced warrior monks of the Shaolin Monastery

>>59683752
>Created after a particularly large Xenos invasion campaign in Segmentum Tempestus somewhere between M35-M37 that in terms of devastation is similar to the Hun invasion of Europe. (but wholly different in means)
>Crusade after Crusade was launched by the Space Marines and other Imperial military forces to recapture the lost wealth of the Imperium and push back the hordes of Chaos, Orks and other alien threats to humanity.
How about orks?

>jewellery pieces like buckles or brooches, all installed with a central gemstone that possesses a machine spirit.
>It records their actions
That's interesting.

>Infantry heavy, generally line (getting that shield wall feel)
Wouldn't (power) spears fit them well?

I also imagine their scouts as using mail armour on top of the carapace.

Oh, help a brazilfag here. What entails being "anglo-saxon"?
>>
>>59684611
Spears would also be thematic, true, but the axe and sword are more associated with higher ranking soldiers and/or status (particularly the sword for status, and both for actual warfare; A-S weapons and kit weren't too different from the Vikings, for example, lots of short-sword/axe and shield combinations.) As much as I like polearms, spears would be more relevant for a themed Imperial Guard unit, I would think.
I like the idea for the scouts, too.
Anglo-Saxons are essentially the early English - pre 1066, post 550~, when they retain their Germanic language and customs. The areas relevant to this are their artisan products (some of which are truly exceptional, check Sutton Hoo) for marine decoration, their choice in weaponry, and their governance - King Alfred centred life on fortified towns which all had to provide certain numbers of soldiers, etc, although that's probably more pertinent to the Guard again.
Thank you for the feedback, brazilanon. I'll check again tomorrow because it's late now.
>>
>>59684898
>but the axe and sword are more associated with higher ranking soldiers and/or status (particularly the sword for status, and both for actual warfare; A-S weapons and kit weren't too different from the Vikings, for example, lots of short-sword/axe and shield combinations.)
I see. Would two-handed axes be too viking? Because those would be awesome, and it seems even the wolves don't have them.

>Sutton Hoo
That helmet is great.

>Thank you for the feedback, brazilanon.
You're welcome. I found some links which might help:
http://deremilitari.org/2014/06/english-refugees-in-the-byzantine-armed-forces-the-varangian-guard-and-anglo-saxon-ethnic-consciousness/

http://deremilitari.org/2014/05/the-militarisation-of-roman-society-400-700/
There is a certain theme to use here, of abandoning a glorious past for an uncertain and savage future, perhaps letting go of the ultramarine ideals for something more barbarian.

http://deremilitari.org/2014/02/carolingian-arms-and-armor-in-the-ninth-century/

http://deremilitari.org/2013/07/english-logistics-and-military-administration-871-1066-the-impact-of-the-viking-wars/
>>
>>59684611
>How about applying the "old master" hat to a dreadnought? Some kind of venerable and wise mentor.
>You also may like this:

Well, certainly a good idea for the Reavers I think.

As for a Dreadnaught I thought of having one actually be the Abbot/Chapter master. The prototype version of this chapter had a significant number of them with them being fine with it as a form of mummifcation that exist within certain buddhist sects.
>>
File: gaelknights.png (33 KB, 1022x809)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
made these guys a while ago. Yeah its a Dark Souls reference, but the design sorta grew on me. Never fluffed them beyond them being remnants of WB loyalists that use old, shitty equipment.
>>
File: Oy0CIwH.jpg (20 KB, 400x500)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>59684611
Wings of Camazotz are Night Lord loyalists that have convinced themselves and others they are White Scar successors. They recruit from a feral jungle world where the apex pedators are the Chiropterrors, man eating bats that can grow somewhere between the size of a big dog to as large as a bus. The chapter was founded by a loyalist band of Night Lords commanded by one Borris Weign. The chapter is heavily inspired by the ancient Mesoamerican civilizations of South America like the Inca and Olmec, and commonly suffer from the mutation that gives them oversensitive eyes that force them to wear Riddick style shades to avoid blinding themselves. As part of their initiation ritual an aspirant must tame a Chiropterror and train it as its companion. They use Chiropterrors the same way that Space Wolves use the Fenrisian wolves as attack animals, support fire, delivering logistics, erc. They strap stubbers to the bellies of the bats and make them drop bombs. They're also huge fans of Shock and Awe tactics and going fast. The name comes from Borris Weign taming Camazotz, the biggest, baddest chiropterror on the planet at the time. To this day the sons of Camazotz serve whoever the current chapter master is and have inherited their progenitor's ferociousness and great size.
>>
>>59657689
https://youtu.be/iJNtVNe286E
>>59665345
>>
>>59666638
I remember a group of bike riding Sororitas, but their whole order was devoted to keeping a powerful relic out if the hands of a Nurglite cult in a planet whose atmosphere had thinned out to the point where the sun scorched the earth as the planet turned, forcing the Sororitas on a never-ending pilgrimage against the sun while Nurgle cultists tried to get them to give into despair at the futility of their mission.
>>
>>59658815
These guys are still my favorite. Ain't no weirdboy better than Threegrot.
>>
>>59680217
Nice.
>>
>>59686206
I like the association with the mummification. Like it, the dreadnought state might be voluntary, a form of enlightment/higher state of being/moar powerful.

>>59688506
>to as large as a bus
Fucking huge and terrifying. What do they eat?

>Riddick style shades to avoid blinding themselves
Stylish.

>They strap stubbers to the bellies of the bats and make them drop bombs.
Nice.

I liked it overall, but I fail to see the conections with incas and olmecs. Please tell me their chapter monastery is a gigantic cave network.
>>
Is this suitable to define a chapter master as a badass?

>Ish Nokhe (Chapter Master) Hannoba'al Melqart, the Eldest. He demonstrated extreme valour when he fought a Heldrake: grappling and breaking its wings after it invaded a launch bay of the Spitfire, then forcing its head in the exhaust of a Thunderhawk until it melted along with his hands. Hannoba’al walked off from the sick bay six days later, with bionic hands and finding out that he was elected as the chapter master, for Hamilco, the former master, was interred into a dreadnought due to grave injuries suffered when counter-boarding the heretic grand cruiser Palace of Lusts.
>>
>>59692849
>Please tell me their chapter monastery is a gigantic cave network.
What else would it be??
As for the connection, I'll need to write more fluff for them. For now its mostly cosmetic.
>>
>>59685379
Two-handed axes were predominantly more Viking - but they were somewhat present in the Anglo-Danish realms, I think. They would make a good stand-in for a thunderhammer, I have to say.
Thanks for the articles, too, anon. I was completely oblivious to the English presence in the Varangian Guard, so that was entirely new to me. Great stuff.
>>
Made a custom chapter called the grey eagles because I needed an easy chapter badge to paint.

Chapter colours: Grey, reds browns yellows.

Unknown primarch but they assume it’s Corax

Fleet based chapter abord the resplendent talon.

Unlike their RG cousins the eagles tend to fight more conventionally. In fact they believe their greatest asset is in supporting other imperium forces. It is not uncommon for a tactical squad to split itself amongst a company of guardsmen so as to best ensure an offensive succeeds or so that the best information on a tactical situation is readily available. In fact it is almost uncanny as due to their close proximity to the standard soldiers of the imperium many of the chapters recruits are in fact drafted from the ranks of the guard.

Still kind of writing them out.
What started as basically a justification as what to paint one of my deathwatch pauldrons a different colour (Leadbelcher Eagle on a background of ushabti)
>>
>>59657408
I've seen you post them in 40kg before, and I think they're so fucking cool. Write some fluff or short stories for them please.

>no terminator armor
Why not? You could have a small group of terminator armored veterans called The Sacred Band. That mite be neet.
>>
>>59656997
>>59657408
>>59661941
How do you guys make these Marines?
>>
>>59697242
Chapter Generator/Chapter Constructor. You need to look for it. Chapter Constructor allows you to freely choose parts instead of clicking like crazy until you randomly generate a marine that you like in the Chapter Generator.
>>
File: revenantlords.jpg (18 KB, 400x500)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Emperor's Revenant

Possibly borderline heretical Space Marine chapter that are secretive as fuck, have their own weird rites, are rumoured to eat flesh and are distrusted by half the Inquisition. Despite this, they are loyal to the Emperor.

They have a mutation that makes them look as though they are in various stages of undeath, and specialize in slow, methodical and completely silent advance towards the enemy. They're stealthy af, not in the *teleports behind you* way, but in the unending forward march of the silent undead way.

They're also really fucking hard to kill. They're not really 'stronger' than normal Space Marines, but they can survive grievous wounds that would put most others in a Dreadnought.
>>
>>59654649
I just rolled one up using the rules in Rites of Battle for Deathwatch. Unironically rolled a Space Wolf successor, but I'm thinking I'm going to do something more Celtic inspired than Viking. Working title is the Fianna, druid will be a role(can't decide if they'll be straight up Librarian equivalent or kind of a librarian/chaplain hybrid).
>>
>>59698384
Librarian/Chaplain hybrid.
>>
>>59698384

Get good at Celtic knotwork and I'll be all in for it.
>>
>>59693783
Just checking.

>>59694869
You're welcome.

>>59696726
Thanks. I have no short stories yet, but the link has 10 pages of fluff, including the Sacred Band.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wzvXfF4RWWbKqKwOCsQTWQHFPXBFELakInLnICb1_KY/edit?usp=sharing
>Gebal Abomination (390.M41). Informed of a Space Hulk on an uninhabited system by one of their rogue trader vassals, the chapter deployed four companies alongside the 1st. Assisted by sydonic skiitari, they surround the Hellgrammite warbands inside and stop their rampant tech-heresy involving samples of the Obliterator Virus. After days of combat, they somehow infected the Hulk itself, turning it into a womb for a horrible and titanic amalgam of warp, machine and flesh. Twenty brothers, two skiitari companies, many serfs and uncounted numidim ferals were maddened by the psychic cries of the “birth” of the Gebal Beast. The subsequent space battle saw two chapter cruisers absorbed when trying to ram the monstrous entity. It was slain after “ingesting” an escort loaded with Magma Bombs.

>>59698174
That sounds like loyalist Death Guard, is that intentional?

>>59698384
Celtic is a good idea, Fianna is a good name and druid being librarian/chjaplain hybrid fits right in. The symbol might be a triskelion.
http://www.philipsibbering.com/wh40k/10-05-07-chapter-omen.shtml
http://europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wiki/Kombaragoues_(Boii_Retainers)
>>
>>59698587
Yeah, that's where I was leaning, especially since they got Esoteric Beliefs.
>>59698651
My artistic skills are very... Lacking to be polite to myself, fucking garbage if I'm being honest.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (19 KB, 400x500)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
1. Crusade
2. Unknown founding
3. Imperial fists successor
4. No flaws

Based on the creation tables on 1d4chan. Couldn't be arsed with the rest.
>>
Ok, more about The Obsidian Champions. As said before, they are a aztec based space marine chapter, a succesor chapter from the Space Wolves. They most common tradition is to capture enemies (if possible) and sacrifice them to the Emperor and letting their blood falls to a brazer or other big source of fire. The method of recruiting is also different from most chapters, because they dont recruit exclusively from their planet, but also from other imperial guards regiment. The way it works, some of Champions travel with a regiment (or if they are in the area where one is), they evaluate them during actual combat, and those soldiers they deem worthy pass to the actual test, where the soldiers are tasked with capturing ALIVE a enemy combatant, either in quantity or quality. What this means is that some enemies either because of their rank or dificulty of capture, are more appreciated for the sacrifice and it also speaks of the combat quality of the soldier being tested. Those that succeed are then taken to the chapter planet where they become indoctrinated, trained and made full members of the Obsidian Champions. Because of the tradition of capturing their enemies, they have a deep hostility to the Dark Eldars, who they consider their rivals, and capturing one of them is earns the space marine a great honor.
>>
>>59698781
>The symbol might be a triskelion.
Yeah, I wanted something like that, but surrounded by Celtic knot work.
>>
My homebrew guard. The 10th Nakrb (warrior) Tigers . Thai inspired. Their rough riders ride tigers and they have armored war elephants. Lightly armored troops who specialize in jungle and rainforest combat in high humidity and heat.
>>
>>59698587
>>59698651
>>59698781
Also, the main enemy I got was Chaos Space Marines. What kind of theme should I be thinking when I roll then up?
>>
The first membranes went a little over the top, but the idea of a psyker regiment is really nice.

>>59688895
That's pretty fucking metal
>>
>>59701161
How about fomorians?
>>
>>59703386
Nice, I dig it. I was also thinking maybe going after something Word Bearers inspired, kind of like the Catholic Church but Chaos(inb4 edgy atheism, I am an athiest but I don't hate religion or any such nonsense).
>>
>>59703528
Mix both and make it so a warband of Word Bearers leads a force of fanatic, chaos-corrupted anphibious xenos. Their leader has a bionic eye with laser.
>>
>>59703592>>59703528

Maybe they are cyclopic mutants instead of xenos.
>>
A few years back when i read BnC forums, there was a project called council of the lost of something that tried to get a load of the 30k homebrew legions clumped together. One of the coolest ones I remember was the Drowned which actually seem rather similar to the Star Krakens. Pretty cool colours, blue/green and copper. Seemed to be the Night Lords in their setting, based around using Pinning rule to get additional benefits IIRC. Primarch was basically notcthulu, but hated by his legion because he didn't give a fuck about them, and sold his homeworld to slavery with the Dark Eldar, later going as far to capture Urien Rakarth to assist with the creation of Navigator Marines (which failed and became Gal Vorbak esque things).

Kinda wanted to follow that but no idea where tf is now they got kicked off the main 30k forum.
>>
>>59702508
Yeah, it was inspired by Heavy Metal mags and was called Order of the Burning Wheel or something. Never got more than a thread and a half though.
>>
File: Conservator_2.jpg (53 KB, 400x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>59654649
I just read, and liked very much, the Conservators:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Conservators
>The Conservators are a /tg/ custom chapter, based around the concept of a chapter of Astartes who must make do with the bare minimum of supplies, in a technologically primitive area of space. Humble and proud at the same time, the Conservators are the badly equipped defenders of a series of Agriworlds on the edge of Imperial space, making up for their cobbled together arsenal with a peerless dedication to the well being of the common man, willing to do anything to protect the average people of the Imperium, even if they must engage in practices other chapters would deem disgraceful.
>>
File: 1376451787668.png (335 KB, 600x600)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>59688917
You can't just say that without posting the lanky git.
>>
>>59657408
Your homeworld can’t be a gas giant. It shocks me that no one else has said this.
>>
>>59706506
Or can it
>>
>>59703592
>>59703651
I fucking dig it.
>>
>>59706506
>>59706606
Chapter Homeworld
Sabratha V. Gas giant. Subclassifications: mining-world; agri-world.

While the Sons of Barca don’t recruit from it and neither rule it directly, their consider Sabratha V their homeworld, training neophytes at aerostats in multiple levels of the atmosphere. If necessary, they replenish the ferals living in their ships from the local population, for they are quite like voidborn in their demeanor and phenotype.

Ref-barges are the thousands of floating refineries scooping out vast volumes of gas. Aerial plankton becomes rations. Hydrocarbon, nitrogen, ammonia and phosphorus are sent to agri-worlds. Hydrocarbons are also refined into plasteel and promethium. A barge might be as big as an imperial cruiser, but its volume is mostly filled by airbags within a plasteel frame. This is surrounded by manufactories. The other relevant features are the titanic scoops at the front, ventral hab-blocks, turboprop engines hanging from the ceramite plating, dorsal airports and the mechanicum temple at the back. The latter is solely dedicated to the irreplaceable grav-tugs which take the filled tanks and containers to orbit.

The sabrathan PDF has armsmen-like garrisons inside each barge, but their true purpose is to patrol the skies and defend the imperial atmospheric layer. Aerostat-carriers house fighter academies. Three fourths of the graduates end up in the Imperial Navy, the rest remains to pilot many squadrons of thunderbolt fighters and marauder bombers. These forces can't be drafted for the Imperial Guard as it can't have air forces, but the billion-strong civilian population provides a tithe suited to reform depleted drop infantry regiments.

Everything seems gargantuan in Sabratha. The barges operate in outer layers whose area is bigger than dozens of solid planets put together. And the atmosphere goes much deeper than any ocean, gradually turning into liquid and then solid. Its vastness includes many dangers:
>>
>>59706742
I aim to please my fellow anons.
>>
>>59706851
-Tornadoes whose size exceeds continental landmasses can last years.

-Jammer-storms are column-shaped electromagnetic anomalies discharging ghost-signals capable of possessing a machine-spirit. The deafening static heard from vox-casters nearby a storm can make men mad. The hybrid nature of Tech-Priests makes them twice as vulnerable, but this doesn't stop some from experimenting with protective cages and Lingua-technis chants that might be useful against scrap code.

-Chainstorms rip apart anything less armored than a titan. These phenomena are supersonic updrafts laden with diamond chunks. The local Mechanicus theorizes that the incredible pressures at the planetary core created a diamond the size of Holy Terra. Staggering amounts of amasec were drunk over tales of the fools which thought they could reach this treasure. A steady supply of newcomers which swear they shall prevail keep the stories fresh. Sabrathan zealots preach about the "Vice of Gleaming Eyes", and how the Emperor created Sabratha as a way to dispose of those which dare treat their lives as if they weren't His due. They also say this revelation is the actual "Jewel of Sabratha", and only then a true faithful may hope to find shards so powerful and pure that the resulting chain weapon could saw through ethereal warpstuff.

-Akrans are techno-savage pirates using armored, rocket-powered airships to attack transports and aerial outposts. Their weapons are crude but effective: spears fashioned of plastic shafts encrusted with diamond chips and shotguns loaded with diamantine pellets. It is thought that their origin is some sort of ancient floating habitat. It decayed deeper and deeper, meanwhile turning its inhabitants into strong and pressure-resistant mutants which can now hide in the deepest clouds. Such a place could hoard archeotech, but it might have to be pried from the hands of mutants fighting at their true environment.
>>
>>59706908
-Indigenous xenos include the Ramjet-Beasts, soft as sponges sans for a glistening basket-like exoskeleton made of diamond. While fighter-sized and good at dogfighting, they are simply like terran mosquitoes of the Lateen-Beasts, shaped like kilometer-long triangular sails whose fractal tentacles sprouting from the vertices function as: gigantic antennas for communication and draining atmospheric energy; biological phased arrays that discharge beams of radio, microwaves and electricity; and magnetic filters that consume tons of plankton at once. Emerging from their nests in the semi-liquid deeper layers, a single creature can destroy a ref-barge. If fighters and bombers can't bring it down, a Defence Monitor will snipe it with its Lance. Even then, the fighters must slow down the xenoform while the frigate arrives at the optimal orbit and its augurs account for the distortion caused by local gas pockets and X-ray interference. Despite the damage wrought by the xenos, some mesmerized sydonic electro-priests insist on studying and perhaps even taming them, claiming that it will lead to a greater understanding of the electromagnetic mysteries of the Omnissiah.
>>
File: Echidnus.jpg (214 KB, 933x833)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
Hoo boy. 4chan creation threads are my crack cocaine, so I've writefagged and drawfagged for a few.

>>59665416
The Chimera Legion is one 4chan created. Basically Iron Warriors that focus on biotech and bio-enhancement. Think like prototype.
Pic attached is one I drew of one of their Obliterators, one that seeks out champions and challenges them, then takes their weapon and integrates it into his own body.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion

There was an Imperial Guard thread that became Lizardman Creole Zealots that was fun. I did some writing for that that I was proud of and then forgot to save.
>>
File: Strait Shoota.jpg (255 KB, 768x1024)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>59707171
Forgot one, the Strait Shootaz. Basically an Ork Warband that have raided a bunch of Tau tech and learned how to aim. There was a lot of stuff done on those guys.
I just wish anything that we've made would get to a stage past a handful of drawings and some text. It's starting to burn me out seeing the cycle over and over again.
>>
File: U3yMPAV.jpg (103 KB, 736x1263)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Unkown founding
Jump packs available but not really functional
Difficulty in discerning signs of intellegent life
Chapter master is exceedingly young for his position
>>
File: 1417828525382.jpg (526 KB, 1680x1050)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>59698781
Reading through it, I like it so far. Do you want some ideas? Because youre gunna get em whether you like it or not

1. Carthaginians were known as masterful tradesmen and great sailors. Since The Sons are based around a gas giant that has a gas mining industry, they could be a very wealthy Chapter that is able to custom order certain wargear from their forge temple buddies. Maybe they're friends with the Messina Rogue Trader Dynasty.

2. Carthaginians were also known to be two-faced honey tongued no good word smiths that talked out of their ass with double talk(a reputation we hear of from the Romans, obviously). You could make The Sons of Barca notably good orators, perhaps with a oral tradition(the Chaplains/Librarians could recite the entire Chapter history by heart, and make it engaging and fun to listen to).

3. Touching again on the renowned navy thing, you could have it that the Sons of Barca are notable for possessing adept pilots among their ranks. Perhaps one of their heroes was a legendary ship captain that managed to take down four ships, each twice the size of his, in an insane suicidal gambit that won the day. His name could be Hasdrubal Bal'Oran

4. Speaking of names. Try googling names and words from the Carthaginian, Phoenician, Greek, and Libyan cultures. The Carthaginians were a Phoenician colony founded near Libya and took much cultural inspiration from the Greeks.
Here's a name generator for Phoenicians >http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/phoenician-names.php#.Wvj03Yoh2Uk
Also, try naming their planets and fortresses and other landmarks after places in North Africa and southern Spain. Things like Lixus, Mogador, Malaga, Ebusus, Sicca, et cetera.

Hope this activates your almonds. Hail Baal Hammon, Hail The Emperor!
>>
>>59706851
So your ‘homeworld’ is a series of stations above the gas giant. That’s fine I guess, using one of the moons would be better I think personally, but whatever.

I just wanted to point out that no human could survive living ON a gas giant.
>>
>>59706908
Diamonds aren’t valuable, especially in space. A planet sized diamond would be fucking worthless.
>>
>>59707171
>Chimera Legion
I loved them becuase they were the unholy bastard child of Cobra, Decepticons, Iron Warriors and a few other groups.
>>
>>59707936
You say that like stupid things still don’t attract stupid people
>>
>>59707727
>Reading through it, I like it so far. Do you want some ideas? Because youre gunna get em whether you like it or not
Yay! Hit me with them.

1-I will use that. Thank you.

2-I was trying to think of a trait for the librarians, that'll be it. Thank you again.

3-Adept pilots fits right in, someone needs to make sure their attack craft deliver boarders. I also was wondering about more unique characters. Thanks once again.

4-I have a list of names already. But the name generator is very welcome.

You're exactly the sort of feedback I wanted anon, and you brought a smile for my lips.

>>59707171
The Chimera Legion is very cool. It would fit right in within the canon.
>>
File: concept_by_hammk-dbr1me3.jpg (4.07 MB, 2560x1440)
4.07 MB
4.07 MB JPG
>>59708193
>AH YES. THE LEGENDARY ULTRAMARINE COURAGE. TELL ME, LITTLE BIRD, WHERE YOUR FOREFATHERS WHERE WHEN I RAPED HOLY TERRA? WHERE WAS THE SHINING AZURE BANNERS OF MACRAGGE ATOP THE WALLS OF TERRA WHEN I TORE OUT THEIR MORTAR AND STONE? WHERE WAS GUILLIMAN WHEN THE BEST OF MEN ON BOTH SIDES FOUGHT AND DIED OVER A FALSE THRONE THAT NOW SITS YOUR CRIPPLE GOD?

DON'T LECTURE ME ON ME COWARDICE, LITTLE BIRD, FOR I HAVE SEEN TRUE BRAVERY. AND THE RETORTS OF YOUR GUNSHIPS ARE NOT IT.

I get chills from this, like seriously do we any example from canon that compares. I'd love to see the Emp from TTS react to it.
>>
File: Flesh Forge Marine.jpg (138 KB, 721x937)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>59708116
It's hard to know where a thread is going with these things. I was there close to the beginning, and was shilling the idea of them being cold, practical engineer types the whole time. Like, the Iron Warrior's main schtick, but applied to biomechanics.
I can appreciate how they managed to incorporate all the different ideas into a single group (like a Chimera) though.
>>
>>59707727
>>59708193
>Perhaps one of their heroes was a legendary ship captain that managed to take down four ships, each twice the size of his, in an insane suicidal gambit that won the day.

So like this one scene in Rogue One?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZMepnUqpo8
>>
>>59707171
>tfw my little piece of writing for these guys didn't get saved
>>
File: 1513336436718.jpg (233 KB, 1191x670)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>59708517
Post it anon, the page could use a little more.
>>
>>59708594
it's gone now, I'll try to re-write it from its premise
>>
>>59706506
It's 40k, therefore it doesn't need justification.
Just say it's archeotech, ancient xeno artefacts or wierd planetary phenomenas.
>>
>>59657408
>no void shields but lots of armor
space marines already have lots of armor and kept void shields in battlefleet gothic.
No void shield mean instant death in most void combat, have them remove weapons for additional void shields to protect them while they race to ram the ennemy
outside of that it's a nice chapter
>>
>>59655322
Star kraken are top tier
>>
Can Space Marines fully submerge in water safely?
>>
>>59707936
>>59707908
No one liles a party pooper anon
Especially one who doesn't like rule of cool in 40k
>>
>>59713489
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine#Multi-lung
>This additional lung activates when a Space Marine needs to breathe in low-oxygen or poisoned atmospheres, and even water.
>>
>>59712867
OK, thanks.

>>59708267
Perhaps.

>>59708247
Awesome.
>>
>>59714678
So, space marines could march along the bottom of a river?
>>
>>59715132
As far as I can tell, yes. The multi-lung is one of these organs which are kinda neglected in the canon and stories.
>>
File: Space-Ratmen-Leaders.jpg (660 KB, 1900x1202)
660 KB
660 KB JPG
Not SPEISS MARINESS or /tg/ made but still cool
>>
>>59715166
Now I REALLY want to write a chapter from a swamp world that uses that as a tactic against orc war barges.
>>
>>59715267
Run with it and tells us about them here.
>>
>>59660883
Man that's awesome
I'm gonna have to include them in my campaign
>>
bump
>>
>>59655231
Aztec. Inca were peaceful in comparison to the Aztecs, and Aztecs are the society you probably think of when you hear the words "ritual sacrifice."

The 2000 year warp-storm thing is also probably inspired by the Aztec's incredible resistance to Spanish Conquistadors, bogging them down in a brutal, drawn-out siege before they finally capitulated.
>>
>>59684611
>How do they use omophagea, if at all?
I honestly hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it. However, I do think I have something now.

For the most part, most members of the Cast Irons ignore the omophagea, for not only do the brains of most creatures not taste good, but there are also the other unpleasant side effects of it's usage. Despite this, the chapter as a whole uses the organ more than most thanks to two particular groups.
The apothecaries and librarians.
A Cast Iron apothecary understands that his skill can be the determining factor of the survival of many in his chapter. As such, to help hasten along this skill, some apothecaries, be they in training or not, ritualistically eat the brains of others slain in battle, hoping to receive their medicinal wisdom and knowledge. This does not necessarily have to be a Cast Iron being eaten, but it is the most easily accessible for the chapter. This does mean apothecaries have an additional duty to harvest their battle brothers for brains.
Librarians, always filled with a hunger for arcane knowledge, have found the quickest and most pragmatic way to attain it. Much like the apothecary, they consume the minds of fallen librarians. Unlike the apothecary, a librarian of the Cast Irons sees no need to limit himself to brains of those in his profession, chapter, or even species. Numerous instances have occurred where xeno brains had been devoured, their heretical knowledge being added to the librarian. Officially this knowledge is used only to plan defenses, yet the rest of the chapter knows that what aided them in countless battles wasn't always sanctioned magic. Opinions of the Cast Irons on the matter are split, yet they have elected to remain silent on the issue for now.

That's all I have so far.
>>
>>59719272
That seems good enough.
>>
File: Battle_Brother.jpg (108 KB, 1000x1000)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
I'm a fan of the Sanguine Shields; the artist that helped worked on it definitely gave it a certain appeal.

Unfortunately, like many /tg/ community projects, it turned into a select few anons making all the decisions and single-handedly veto'ing anything that any other anon came up with. One of them was WAY too obsessed with making the Sanguine Shields as OC Donut Steel as possible.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sanguine_shields

I've thought about trying to fix it up, but haven't ever gotten around to it.
>>
>>59658815
I do want to see a re-match between the BJags and the Scraplootas.

>>59658872
The PDFs on their 1d4chan page have everything, everything aside from the new stuff from last December since I was waiting for the yearly Scraplootas thread before updating the 4th book.
>>
Did /tg/ ever make something for a more obscure faction, like a DE kabal, a squad world or a t'au sept?
>>
>>59720614
Reading it now, and liking it. The art is great. I enjoy factions inspired by cultures of antiquity.

>>59721800
https://1d4chan.org/wiki//tg/_40,000
Yes, no and yes
>>
>>59704486
>muh man

Poor scavenger marines, that are slowly recovering their strength on a quiet end of the galaxy, after they pissed off the mechanicus by prioritizing cutting off the head of an ork waaagh over protecting the forgeworld. They are eschewing tradition and slowly building an imperial realm that could rival Ultramar, but they are too few and too fragile to tackle any of the major threats in the galaxy.
>>
I like the Black Locks. Especially after their whole fluff got a massive update. Wished the people behind the Chapter worked more on them.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Black_Locks
>>
>>59722365
I don't know what exactly, but something about them, I can't take them seriously.
>>
>>59715267
>What the Orcs hear shortly before the ambush https://youtu.be/1tqxzWdKKu8
>>
>>59715267
I had a notion for a chapter like that. Called them the Trolls. Fortress monastery in a swamp beneath a ruined archaeotech bridge. Amphibious tactics, overdeveloped healing ability, lots of warts.
>>
>>59695154
>fights more conventionally
>in reality fights completely unconventionally

Guard are too old to recruit from also brewskie.
>>
>>59654649
>>
Have we ever tried updating /tg/ Homebrews to 8e? Some of them are even still stuck in 5e.

Of course, some could take after other stratagems just fine and dandily. The Emperor's Nightmares are the spitting image of the Blood Angels, sans perhaps their super special dreadnoughts. Star Krakens get Boarding Shields and some Boarding shield stratagems like benefitting from cover if they're base-to-base with other models that have a Boarding Shield or Storm Shield. Blood Jaguars are also Blood Angels expys, but much more literal since they're actually descendants of Sanguinius.
>>
AVE DEUS-IMPERATOR!

Loyal pre-Monarchia Word Bearers.

What's not to love?
>>
I have my own personal one, the Kaldoon Sky Hounds, and they literally have to steal everything they can with the help of the IG hijacking the shipments of other SM Chapters, gimme a second to squirt some stuff out
>>
>>59727404
The Kaldoon Sky Hounds main objective as a chapter was space orientated warfare and boarding operations, that was all. They didnt have dread's, vehicles, or anything of the sort. Just an A to B transport ship from the main assault ships and terminators as their heavies, as they were never meant to be on the ground to do that particular flavor of combat. However it was during a rather dicey war against the Orcs that the Imperial Fists wanted the use of their ships.
>All, of their ships
Naturally the Chapter Master was absolutely furious at the demand as it would leave them with literally tactical marines, terminators, and their usual support groups. He refused, out right, as it was against their Chapter's operations and they were not equipped for much else. This back and forth continued until even the blips on the command message communications even began to irritate the emperor's humors, and they finally relented under the pressure. With every available ship under command of the IFs and everything the Kaldoon's had scattered around IG ships that were on station to take them, the IFs went off to do their missions, in which a 100% ship loss was the end result since they used them to make an ad-hoc fucking siege fort in order to win. The Kaldoon Sky Hounds Chapter Master was so furious that Khorne himself felt a tickle under his feet, and every marine under his command felt the same heat. While still pious to the Emperor, they began to hate every single other chapter of marines due to how harshly they were treated and how even though the following months they requested more ships and equipment, they were told the materials were needed elsewhere and were told to 'Make do'.
>>
>>59727549
After all their troubles they were at least attached to the IG Regiment of the 1112, and with no care from command they were ordered to simply follow the Regiment where they went. Well no shit, they were on their goddamn ships, now weren't they? The Chapter Master had a time racking his brain to figure out how to reorganize his Chapter into a new specialization or a general specialization, and told his marines to simply integrate with the guardsmen for now. It was during this integration (much to the guardsmens' delight) that they were shown the ways of appropriating gear via the support channels and simple forms, leading them to get their first shipments of actual war gear in the forms of heavy bolters, plasma guns, fresh armor, etc. Mind you there was always a short period of repainting over the original destination Chapter's colors, of which the guardsmen on board would always volunteer to help with. With their constant shoulder rubbing with the Guard, so grew their contempt for other space marine chapters and their boorish, almost rude ways of handling things. Morale was high for the Kaldoon's and they had an endless supply of helpers to get them what they needed. Additionally they began to partake in the numerous activities that the guard usually meddled in themselves; Poker games, Tattoos, and competitive lifting being a few of the more popular ones. It came to the point that one of the few Techmarines in the chapter actually had a system implanted to create the perfect bead for tattoos, able to get an entire sleeve done quickly, if more painfully.
>>
>>59727683
The controversy behind the Chapter lies purely in how it obtains its war gear, and has caused much anger from the other chapters who know full well where their gear has gone off to. The Chapter almost came to blows with their fellow brothers when after a hard won battle, it became apparent that some surface damage had exposed the original paint job of the destination Chapter, whom which the Kaldoon's were fighting along side. The Chapter Master of the Kaldoons of course called the Blood Raven's hypocrits, and showed them the forms were all in order (Again, the Imperial Gaurdsmen of the 1112 found this to be hilarious and began accidentally rattle-canning the Kaldoon's base color coat on their Thunderhawks and other vehicles in long streaks). This did not help the Kaldoon's reputation as a Chapter, however, and when the 1112 lands with the Kal;doon's at the front, other Chapters make visible attempts to secure their gear and have even posted Scouts to guard over the containers and ships.
>>
>>59724832
Gross
>>
>>59723803
As I said. They require more work. Some more writing to flesh them out is needed.
>>
>>59723803
>>59731371
Also they did start out as a whole gamut of pirate stereotypes until their fluff and their personalities got a visible overhaul.
>>
bump
>>
Since this is becoming a "your doods" thread, can I get some advice for mine?

Lions Militant (working title); Knightly killers of Necrons

>Dark Angels successors who are basically a Rogue Trader's guard dog
>In the far Galactic south, in a sector called "Wyrm's Reach", their homeworld is Fathom. A tundra covered Hive World.
>Turns out, it's a tomb world (oops) so most of their time is spent fighting Necrons and guarding Hives.
>Each company recruits from, and is led by one of the eight Great Houses that each controls a minor Hive.
>The first two companies draw from each of the eight, as well as the Librarian, Reclusiam, and Techmarines.
>Because of their experience with the Enemy Without, they are all big time friends of the Deathwatch, most veterans have served and many keep a piece of wargear from their time.
>they are one their third Grand Master, who wields a relic Storm Bolter, and a DW Storm Shield named in the Grim Bulwark
>instead of training in the field, scouts garrison their home Hive with the PDF, watching for signs of a Necron incursion
>>
>>59715188
fuck man, why didn't skaven make it into 40k, that would've been awesome
>>
>>59735565
What, was ruining fantasy not enough for you ratfucks?
>>
>>59735007
It seems like a good start. What exactly do you seek?

The thing that comes tome right now is that you could fluff this tomb world as damaged somehow, to explain why it hasn't fully activated and fucked up everyone on the surface. Make it like a megadungeon on which your Lions, rogue trader ally and suicidal adeptus mechanicus go full rogue-like.
>>
>>59735007
>>59738513
-Also, how do they deal with the whole unforgiven thing? An important bit for dark angels. Do they care? Don't? Have another modus operandi?

-How did the Lions became "a Rogue Trader's guard dog"?

-Does their neophyte rituals entails going underground and, say, beheading a necron or something like that?

-
>>
>>59654649
I always wanted to do a Nip themed Samurai Space Marines with IG Ashigaru.
>>
File: Rising_Sons_Sketch.jpg (155 KB, 900x900)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>59738911
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Rising_Sons
>>
>>59739088
That sister looks pretty boss too.
>>
>>59738911
>>59739088
Meiji Japan should be a very easy theme for the imperium. I mean, we have special troops with special uniforms, close-combat dedicated units and one of the famous motto was "revere the emperor, expel the strangers". This is almost too easy.
>>
>>59738513
>>59738609
I never thought about the whole rogue-like thing, probably a good jorb for the Deathwing.

As for the Fallen, they were sending strike forces out until the tombs began awakening. They have not returned, and they can't afford to send more out. The inability to hunt the Fallen weighs heavily on the chapter leadership, but at this point, there are no original marines left and loyalty to the houses runs too deep.

They were born into fealty to the Trader. Whilst they were being founded, they High Lord's arm was twisted by a Rogue Trader who had domain over Wyrm's Reach, which contained he'll of xenotech. In exchange for a chapter to guard the sector, that he maintained control over, they would gain exclusive rights to any xenotech findings in Wyrm's Reach. Of course, his dynasty is still cheating them, as anything that would curry more favour with the Corsair or Harlequin Troupes in the area are catalogued as "archaeotech" and sold to the other side.

Haven't done any work on the chapter rituals really, besides the Black Knight's Cult of the Hunt (see: in death they ride eternal at the Emperor's side, shiny and chome)
>>
>>59740377
Agreed.

>>59740632
Your chapter is in a very hairy situation, and fully inside some very shady politics and business. Seems very good for providing roleplay and giving them unique traits. It's only missing a forge-temple in the planet which came to "provide industrial support" but actually wants to conduct secret investigations onto the tombs. Porbably disguised as tunnel shafts which extract ores.

>I never thought about the whole rogue-like thing, probably a good jorb for the Deathwing.
Oh yes.

>loyalty to the houses
Wait, which houses are those? Nobles from the hives?

>Haven't done any work on the chapter rituals really, besides the Black Knight's Cult of the Hunt (see: in death they ride eternal at the Emperor's side, shiny and chome)
Ha, good one!

I thought better, and think that the scouts could have a trial which consists of mapping the tombs, identifying possible awakened sections, vaults for plunder and etc. The sergeant determines if they were good enough to become full brothers.
>>
The Emperor's Nightmare will always be my favorite above all others. There was just so much depth added to their chapter and to their world. I could totally see them running into the same problems with Primaris that the Flesh Tearers had.

>>59725911
The original intent was to be able to use the Blood Angels codex directly.
>>
>>59741052
>Nobles from the hives?
Yes. They were originally drawn from the Angels of Absolution, but now, after many thousand years of existence, every marine is drawn from the Hive Nobility. Old loyalties are exploited, secret meetings conducted, and feuds kept shouldering amongst the chapter ranks. The Chaplaincy and psycho-indoctrination keeps them battle brothers, but the upper echelons of command are political figures as much as warriors.

And in a world of back-stabbery that is Rogue Trading, a sneaky Mechanicus is a great idea.

I think I'll probably take that scout idea too, a little spelunky before the Space Egyptian Space Hulk.
>>
>>59727404
>>59727549
>>59727683
>>59727752
This seems fun, a very unorthodox chapter. However:

-Kaldoon Sky Hounds sounds more like drop infantry than a chapter. How about "Sky Hounds" or "Kaldoon Hounds" only?

-How do they recruit? From whom? Which facilities do they use for their gene-seed storage and implanting?

-How about they having IG-like equipment? Like, instead of a bolter, having something like a twin-linked lasgun, heavy stubbers and autocannons?
>>
>>59741209
The way you made it, it looks like these houses deserve to be further elaborated.

The whole thing seems more suited as a wh40k rpg place than wargaming, which is not a bad thing.
>>
File: War Dogs.png (408 KB, 4960x3496)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
The War Dogs.
Part of the Ultma founding, Big Machine Daddy Cawl might have busted open some Traitor Legion Genestock.

The War Dogs are dimly aware of their less than noble heritage and have modified their colour scheme to include a red right arm, a reminder of the price of eternal vigilance against the insidious forces of Chaos. (There are rumours that some marines use the blood of Heretics to stain their arm.)

The Chapter rejects mindless assault tactics in favour of precision usage of Primaris Fireteams. War Dogs Chaplains are noted for their calming approach of restraint, discouraging marines from prolonged assaults or trophy taking.
>>
>>59741295
Well I wanted it to be a decent backdrop for DA vs Necrons, but it eventually snowballed into a combined 40k, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Deathwatch setting.

Next is chapter culture, and relations with the non-pistols Xenos. Then rundown of the Houses and Hives.
>>
>>59741536
I take it the gene-seed is drawn from World Eaters? In a way, it seems the chapter its own nature on the inside as much as they fight on the outside. I can see some of them becoming almost zen in their way of seeing things, managing their rage. Even meditating between missions.

>>59741832
I liked the snowballing.

Ok, I'll be sure to come back and take a look.
>>
>>59713574
You can’t live on a gas giant. Period. You have to have some semblance of law even with rule of cool.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>59742126
>>
>>59741942
>Ok, I'll be sure to come back and take a look.
Don't mean to disappoint, but it'll be quite a while. I'm away on work the next few days so no hobbying for me.
>>
>>59742328
If necessary, make a new "homebrew faction" thread then.
>>
File: Combat Chuck.png (2.24 MB, 901x1211)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
My homebrew chapter are the Iron Saviours, an Unaware Dark Angels descendant chapter.

They are direct decadents of Terran Dark Angels that got lost due to warpstorms while being sent to bring a Forgeworld into compliance during the Great Crusade . They missed meeting Lewthor and only had a brief meeting with Lyyn Elgonsen before departing. By the time they got back the Horus Heresy had ended, the Dark Angels were trying to figure what to do about things, and Guilleman had made the Codex Astartes a couple centuries back. Rather than trying to bring them into the fold proper, they told them they were a Chapter now and if they would please stop asking for directions to Caliber and go smash some orks or something. They remain confused to this day as to why the rest of their Dark Angel brethren seem to drop everything and leave when somebody mentions a Laird Siphon.
>>
Let's get a homebrew Sisters critique going
Offshoot of the Martyred Lady.

The Order of Her Honored Huntress is a chapter based in the Fenris system, known for their fierce loyalty to each other as well as their crushing assaults to the enemies of the Imperium. They've worked alongside the Space Wolves since their founder, a sister superior, slew a Daemon Prince of Tzeench leading a Thousand Sons Warband. They reside not on Fenris, but a nearby planet that is a fuedal world with an artic climate.
Part of the initation rites is for each sister to be given a wolf pup when they first join, and are to raise them to full growth to 'Learn to value the pack and your sisters" for the emperor's work is best done together, rather than alone

Seraphim are also referred to as Valkaria and do not only hit and run missions, but also are known for swooping in to save stranded squads that have been left behind.

Repentia, rather than simply being donned in leather and purity scriptures, are dressed in leather rags and the fur of wolves.
>>
File: Leviathan.jpg (64 KB, 800x611)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>59742947
>direct decadents
kkkkkkk

But seriously, so, they are a second founding chapter which never involved themselves into the DA heresy? And no one tried to bring them "inside the fold"? Ok, dark angels which don't behave like dark angels. What else do you got?

>>59743414
>fierce loyalty to each other
More than other sisters?

>their crushing assaults to the enemies of the Imperium.
How? Do they get super-heavies? Perhaps a church-like Capitol Imperialis/Leviathan Heavy Mobile Command Center?

Do the wolves fight together with them? Perhaps learning to sniff chaotic taint?

>are known for swooping in to save stranded squads that have been left behind.
That's very cool.

I also suggest "leather rags, the fur of wolves and parchment marked by runic prayers".
>>
File: IRON SAVIORS.jpg (1.86 MB, 3264x2448)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>59743803
Due to the timing of their return they are a very late second founding chapter. The Iron Saviors are a largely Codex compliant Chapter however due to the timing of their reintegration with the Imperium and being of Dark Angel decent they have a large amount of Plasma and Great Crusade era tech to work with. Additionally, They were formerly an "Ironwing" detachment and so have a sizable amount of tanks and heavy armor and are skilled in that arena of combat. They have no real attachment to their contemporary Dark Angels due to their increasing estrangement since they keep getting left behind in active war-zones by them. They merely chalk up it to the fact that they never really made it to Caliber before it became so hard to find so they figure that time and culture has moved them apart. Not realizing that the Dark Angels have skeletons in their closet and that since these Terran born buffoons cannot even get their own Primarch's name right it's be better to leave them out of things. They are fierce warriors and clever tacticians but when it comes to deception they are sometimes denser than stable neutronium, much to the chagrin of their recent Primaris reinforcements.

Basically I got into Warhammer relatively recently and got the Dark Vengeance set to start off with. Now I am trying to reconcile the fact that my army is either decked out in Dark Angel iconography or is from the Horus Heresy line.
>>
>>59744342
These guys look like they could field relic super-heavies like the Fellblade and Mastodon and excel at armoured warfare.

If they're bad at deception, perhaps their scouts don't use camouflage and sniper rifles but serve as skirmishers in attack bikes?

Why the name "Iron Saviors"? Don't get me wrong, it's a great name, just want to know the "why" of it.

These guys need history, being so old. One must think of notable campaigns, like tank battles in desert planets with ork battlefortresses.

Do you have a particular favorite culture to draw from? A knightly order perhaps? That at least helps with names.

>Basically I got into Warhammer relatively recently and got the Dark Vengeance set to start off with. Now I am trying to reconcile the fact that my army is either decked out in Dark Angel iconography or is from the Horus Heresy line.
In my experience, limitations like that force you to be creative.
>>
>>59744512
I have a Sicaran, a Land Raider Terminus, and Repulsor for them already and looking to get an Achilles Alpha once I finish with my Baneblade for I like big tanks and I cannot lie.

As for scouts, they don't got any, that's what the Auxilia is/was for. They primarily went to urban worlds to bring them into compliance as a reactionary force and typically worked with other Terra sourced Astartes and Solar Auxilia.

The Forgeworld, Lacaille, they were sent off to so long ago was part of an resource independant system in the Veiled Region as a result of a labor dispute that turned into a full war when the a denomination of the Mechanicum called Ohshaa demanded better protective equipment for the worker castes.

I'm trying to base their chapter's culture as something closer to the Methodist equivalent of the Dark Angels monastic Catholics while struggling to keep their look closer to the look of the Rogue Trader era. This is about the extent I've thought things through.

I named them after the band Iron Savior because I likes me some cheesy metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11abSTMu3QI
>>
>>59744955
>I like big tanks and I cannot lie
That's great to hear.

>As for scouts, they don't got any, that's what the Auxilia is/was for.
So, what do they do with their neophytes? They got to have them.

Ohshaa Insurrection as first notable campaign?
>The Forgeworld, Lacaille, they were sent off to so long ago was part of an resource independant system in the Veiled Region as a result of a labor dispute that turned into a full war when the a denomination of the Mechanicum called Ohshaa demanded better protective equipment for the worker castes.
Which side did they take?

>Methodist equivalent of the Dark Angels monastic Catholics
This would make them somewhat more humble and optimistic than the rest of the Imperium, no? Their wargear would be more modest as well, no bling. You could even have them recruit from orphanages.
>>
>>59741214
That's the irony I was trying to implant into the Chapter. They were an extremely specialized chapter that lost every tool they had to do that specialized job and ended up getting plunked by their senior brother chapters and basically told to "suck it up". You are correct in your assumptions that in the beginning they had a majority of their weapons be improvised after their mistake in assuming they would be compensated for their losses of equipment. They did things like attach 4 lasguns together with a central trigger system and feeding into a power system McGyvered by the few techmarines. It made quite a racket and was devastating both in the rapid fire capabilities and its power consumption. Again the Guardsmen found it extremely good fun to be shoulder to... pelvis with Astartes and creating these weapons. There was great merriment when they figured out how to make autocannons portable and figured out a backpack feed system for these large caliber weapons, known as the Kaldoon Shell Spitter due to the amount of casings it pisses all over the personnel standing near. They even went as far as to start attaching the IG missile launchers together and having rocket donkeys in tow who fees the marine his ammunition (usually drawn by straws for a winner, as the Guardsmen find it great fun to throw rockets at the marines and see them snatch it midair and load it into the tube). However they still have to appropiate their armor systems and other support systems via the systems shown to them by the IG. As much more simple as it would be, the Kaldoons found it hard to fit inside the smaller IT vehicles
>>
>>59735565

As a whole faction? They'd probably be too much. There's already Orks for scrap tech and plenty of others for weird magic.

As just a small faction of mutants in some Emperor-forsaken corner of the galaxy? Sure thing.
>>
>>59735610
Hey it's the assblasted dwarf babby, is your booty still burning?
>>
>>59735565
You could argue that Tyranids fill in their "swarm with massive fucking hordes" thing but they're not backstabbing idiots like the Skaven nor do they have weird magic nuclear technology
Honestly having space Skaven as weird mysterious rat marauders that occasionally pop out of the warp to fuck shit up and either die or go back into it once the job is done would've been pretty rad
>>
>>59742146
You aren’t living on the gas giant though. You’re living above it. The Bespin/cloud city thing is far more feasible than living ON the planet.
>>
>>59753408
>>59742146
No one ever said that. The gas giant anon >>59706851 clearly ripped off Bespin.
>>
They aren't marines, but I still find the Emperor's 1st Membranes hilarious.
>>
>>59756995
I remember late last year they got some new writefaggotry where they were stuck in a time loop.
>>
>>59655322
So, what are the Axes of Russ like?
>>
File: tsm.jpg (58 KB, 400x500)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
The Tyrantine Templars

>Semites in space, secretive occultists
>A loyalist Alpha Legion offshoot claiming to be Ultramarine successors unaware of their heritage
>The innermost Librarium vault holds a data-crystal with an encrypted message about their true origins
>The chamber is guarded by thirteen techno-constructs, forged and animated Chapter's first Forgemaster Loew
>Only the Chapter's first Chief Librarian, now lost in the Warp, had the codes necessary to deactivate them

>Colours: dark blue with black trim; mark of ranks of senior officers are dyed purple; Librarians also wear striped white-and-blue drapes
>Have an extensive network of human operatives
>Fleet-based: their Fortress-Monastery is essentially a flying Temple of Solomon

>Believe the Universe follows an unknowable divine pattern and furthering its understanding is essential to getting closer to the God-Emperor, thus all Battle-Brothers are tasked with recording seemingly random intelligence as directed by the chapter's Librarians
>Examples include as dust storm patterns on remote desert worlds or minutiae detail of tertiary administrarum records
>Believe arcana and science are two faucets of the same divine mystery and as such Librarians and Techmarines work very closely together

>To further their data collection goals, all Battle-Brothers are trained in numerology to help them better understand and interpret seemingly random patterns and spot connections that go unnoticed by others
>The Librarians use a blend of occult mysticism and techno-arcana to interpret collected intelligence and divine new areas of search

>The Chapter is rumoured to be extremely interested in the Moirae Schism and possibly sheltered a number of outcasts for reasons unknown. Outfitted their Fortress Monastery with a potent aether receptors in late M35

>Their terminator elites called Sicarii follow Pre-Heresy Alpha's Lernaean's MO as highly efficient assassination / clean up unit. Left fist of Sicarians is painted black
>>
>>59759170
Interesting.

The numerology and mysticism are based on the Kaballah? Do they actually get results, some sort of prediction or what?

Even they don't know their origin then?

>Fleet-based: their Fortress-Monastery is essentially a flying Temple of Solomon
Something like a star-fort, or do you mean a not!Temple of Solomon atop a ship?

>The chamber is guarded by thirteen techno-constructs, forged and animated Chapter's first Forgemaster Loew
Not!golems?
>>
>>59759509
>Kaballah

Yeah, sort of. They have a tome of what they believe to be a unique early draft of the Astartes containing priceless wisdom of the Primarch. Being secretive, they keep it to themselves and use it for divinations.

They probably are fully unaware of their origins, but perhaps the chief librarian left behind some scraps of knowledge to his protege which are passed down from generation to generation as an occult account with little understanding of its actual meaning.

I think they're highly successful as their human network allows them to prepare much better for any conflicts they commit their forces to, but some of it perhaps serves no practical purpose whatsoever. But the distinction between two kinds of data is lost to them as they perceive all information in the Universe integral part of the cohesive whole.

I would like to think their Librarians supported by logis-machines forged by data-smiths stumbled into some occult mutation of the string theory and see it as a major religious revelation, which drives them to create a 12-dimensional picture of the fabric of Creation.

>>59759509
>Something like a star-fort, or do you mean a not!Temple of Solomon atop a ship?
I'm thinking a battle-barge with is more akin of a temple ship with, yeah

>not!golems
yep, golems. Look up Judah Loew ben Bezalel
>>
File: Fire Drake wBolter.jpg (49 KB, 400x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>59654649
I've got a soft spot for /tg/'s Blood Angel successors in general. The Jaguars there and the Ice Wraiths are probably my favorites, but there's a lot to be said for the Abyssal Jaws, and the Lumbermarines are actually pretty awesome once you get past the silly name - I just call them Seeds of Redemption on account of their faith in overcoming the Red Thirst, and use an evergreen tree clipart with the trunk replaced by a blood drop for their Chapter badge. Redwood isn't generally that, well, red, but hey, xenoflora.
Of course, there's plenty of badasses not descended from the IXth and best Legion.
>>59655322
This anon gets it, and is my nigga eternal, shiny and chrome. I'm not such a fan of the Black Locks, and I don't know of the Talons of Corvus, but the Conservators are bloody excellent. Between them, the Jaguars, and the Raven Guard, I have a big soft spot for Chapters who have to make do with older equipment, and poor standing with the Mechanicus just feels somehow appropriate for homebrew since it's going in the opposite direction from Sueish "everybody loves them" and is very in keeping with the Cult of Mars' notorious pissiness, and the Star Krakens are just all-around awesome. I wouldn't mind fielding them in 7e tabletop using Legion rules to reflect their massed-troops tactics against the Grendel xenos. Rising Sons I don't know as much about as I'd like but they're more Imperial and less weeaboo than the Emperor's Shadows, and they've been on my reading queue for some time. The Knights Repentant always seem a little snowflakey to me but fucked if I don't love them anyway; they almost make me not hate Word Bearers.

Other /tg/ chapters I like include the Storm Panthers, an ambush-focused Chapter of Unforgiven who favor land speeders and camouflage to enable ambushes with Imperial Fist-tier bolter mastery, the Fire Drakes, a Chapter of Salamanders successors whose top priority is hunting down their traitor Chief Librarian who cursed their geneseed.
>>
>>59675595
Tzeentch Calamari Sushi
Khorne Steak (Rare)
Nurgle Haggish
Slaaneshi Honey Tounge (im imagining weird minimalist haute couture food, insanely lavish feasts and nothing in between)
>>
>>59760274
The Emperor's Nightmare are kind of cool, and I really have a soft spot for their Icelus-Pattern Dreadnoughts; they seem like they could easily have come about from the Chapter's Techmarines rediscovering some fragmentary STC imprints of the Contemptor Cortus design, stripping it down further with a legitimately viable result, especially if the fragments they had used the standard Contemptor's superior but costlier neural interface.
The heretical warband that lost their stolen Chaos Titan to the Scraplootas and are caught in the crossfire between the Orkz and the Blood Jaguars are pretty interesting, too. /tg/ never really finished them, but I rounded out some missing pieces; I call them the Eyes of Janus, on account of their split loyalties to Tzeentch and Malal.
Similarly, /tg/ never quite finished the Golden Dawn, but a bunch of Ultrasmurf successors recruiting from a planet of feral savages stuck on a sunless, airless iceball eking out an existence in the frozen ruins of the dome cities and accordingly love bright shock and awe tactics are just too great to allow to be forgotten.
The Myrmidons are pretty cool too. Like the Lumbermarines, they can bee goofily memey, but a bunch of paranoiac /k/ommandos who live in a Fortress-Monastery on an ocean floor and blame everything on the Assassinorum can actually work really well. Given how Chapters have been known to rename themselves after significant events, I like to think that they're actually the canon Emperor's Spears later in the timeline, with the same heraldry but a newfound grudge against the Assassinorum.
The Screaming Eagles are pretty rad too. Like with so many homebrew Chapters, you really have to sift the chaff from the good ideas in their threads, but chimeric geneseed incorporating Blood Angels, White Scars, and Ultramarines IN THAT ORDER works beautifully for the Great American Melting Pot.
>>
>>59760815
One of my favorite things about the Screaming Eagles is actually their Abrams-pattern Land Raider. The Ares and Terminus Ultra patterns set precedent for stripping out transport capacity entirely and using it as a tank, so why not a main battle tank instead of a siege linebreaker or a tank destroyer? It's bigger than a Russ, so it might be able to mount an upscaled Battle Cannon as a dedicated firing platform, maybe based on fragmentary data on a Fellblade's Accelerator Cannon.
The Iron Crusade are another fucking amazing Chapter. I don't think their actual name was ever decided - that's just the one I go with - but they're Arthurian Iron Hands successors convinced that if they recover the Holy Grail, the Iron Prince -Ferrus Manus- will be returned to them and lead a glorious crusade to protect the Sleeping King's Imperium. I really like Chapters like them and the Ice Wraiths who disregard Codex organization and instead dedicate each Company to a specific role, and their convention of naming each Company the Knights of the Iron <X>, as well as the resultant Company rivalries, are really interesting, especially when you get into the fact that one of their heroes won glory by JOUSTING A HELDRAKE from their rival Warband, the Crown Breakers in service to the Daemon Princess LeFay, and FELLING IT IN A SINGLE MIDAIR BLOW ASTRIDE HIS COMBAT BIKE. The High Gothic dialectic rants, challenges, and insults when the two forces meet are a beautiful bit of fluff-compatible humor, too. Unlike the Ice Wraiths, they don't keep a Scout Company from which the Captains handpick the members of their Companies - instead, Initiates are sworn to the service of Battle-Brothers as in the Black Templars. These Squires accompany their instructors into the field, bearing their burdens and learning firsthand how a Knight of the Iron Crusade must behave. They do bear weapons of their own, but are forbidden to wield weapons they carry for their masters unless given express permission.
>>
>>59759170
Dear god.. space jews..
>>
>>59760013
It's clear you put a lot of thought into this. It's quite cool. I wish I could have some suggestion, but nothing comes to mind, sorry.
>>
>>59760815
>The heretical warband that lost their stolen Chaos Titan to the Scraplootas and are caught in the crossfire between the Orkz and the Blood Jaguars are pretty interesting, too. /tg/ never really finished them, but I rounded out some missing pieces; I call them the Eyes of Janus, on account of their split loyalties to Tzeentch and Malal.
They never really had a name since their marine turn over rates were so damn high. Every time they might of have a leader they were always the first to die.

After losing the titan they were pretty much all dead, then reinforcements showed up (enter Rosncranz and Gilnstrum) and picked up the survivors. Then they got stomped again by the Scraplootas or BJags or something else in the sector, tried to leave, got spat out back into the sector, got joined by reinforcements, and repeat.
They had or have a little of everything.

Or do you mean before they lost the titan?
>>
>>59761215
A consequence of the Iron Crusade's training system for Initiates is that you can get stuff like a Squire with a shotgun stubbornly gunning down wave after wave of Hormagaunts to protect his wounded teacher but never drawing said teacher's flamer until he regains consciousness and grants permission. It's also great justification for taking an Initiate as a Follower in Deathwatch rules, as the Chapter in general and in particular the 7th Company, the Knights of the Iron Path, see sending Marines to the Deathwatch as a way to win glory and cast the net farther in the search for the Grail.
The Inframarines are another magnificent Chapter with a kinda meh name. They're Ultramarines successors from a recent founding, but their recruitment of children born on a Prison World lends itself to a much more brutish demeanor with some Spartan aesthetics, and the Inquisition's hamfisted response to one of their Captains using a Daemon Sword ends up escalating into open war between the Chapter and the Grey Knights. As the war wears on and Guardsmen land on the Prison World to force the Chapter into submission, the Inframarines fall farther and farther to Khorne, and the situation escalates, with the stubborn defenders eventually using the inmates of their world's prisons as line troops. Shortly after the Inquisition resorted to sending in Titans, a large Dark Mechanicus force arrived, following prophetic visions of war, and the Imperium lost multiple Titans before the rechristened Teeth of the Inferno, reduced to a fraction of their former strength, fled into the Warp aboard Dark Mechanicus ships. Now they're fanatical devotees of Khorne, descending in support of the traitor Titans that aided them in their hour of need, drop pods adorned with the Blood God's mark putting their disciplined squads into critical positions where their drilled marksmanship will count.
The Death's Shadows are kind of interesting too; Unforgiven whose focus on artillery helps with coverups.
>>
File: 661.png (239 KB, 680x680)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>59761532
I do indeed mean before they lost Boris; everything was sort of downhill for them from there. After losing their greatest asset to the Scraplootas they just kind of constantly got their shit pushed in, but before that rash of bad luck they were organized enough to thieve a Titan out from under the Imperium's nose with no one the wiser, and campaign with it quite effectively until Orkz made a joke of them.

I think I've eaten up enough posts just babbling happily about /tg/'s collective creations, but if anyone's interested I can talk about my own homebrew Loyalist Chapters:
>Iron Ghosts
>Nova Halos
>Polis Leapers
>Void Walkers
>Gleaming Justice
>Stone Hearts
>Knights of Jha
>Diamond Dogs
>Redbacks
Traitors:
>Choir of Harmony
>Exoleti
>Totemists
>Aegis Cutis
>Hallowhunt
>The Forty Thieves
>Nadir's Nostrils
Primaris shits:
>Dragon Blooded
>Green Serpents
>Cinder Skulls

And of course that's only Astartes; I left out Guard regiments, Sororitas orders, xenos septs/ kabals/ craftworlds/ etc, and such.
>>
>>59762089
Any focusing on ship battles and boarding?
>>
File: Krybes.png (11 KB, 250x327)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>59656098
That sounds pretty goddamn rad. Nausicaa is hands-down my favorite Ghibli film.
>>59656172
I never much cared for Angry Marines memery, but silly stuff like them and the Scary Marines did lead to rad shit like the Desert Fangs and Eyes of Mordred, so everything worked out well enough IMO.
>>59657275
Typhoons sound neat. Crows sound a little plain and Wings a little overblown, but that's par for the course in the Imperium.
>>59657193
If you say so. They are kinda neat but for piracy I think renegades like the Dark Wolves and Red Corsairs generally do it better.
>>59657689
Arbites are generally adults, and Astartes recruitment takes pubescent boys at the latest, preferring prepubescent. You might want to reconsider their recruitment practices.
>>59657952
The Wraiths were great.
Come to think of it, on the narcissism front I completely forgot to mention the Mastodons; I ran a Chapter generation thread for them a while back. Iceworlder successors to the Hammers of Dorn whose feud with a neighboring Craftworld has doomed both to a spiral of mutually assured destruction after the space-elves hired a Haemonculus to taint their geneseed vaults.
>>59658509
>>59657408
These sound really cool, but how are they based on gas giants? Do they live on moons, or is it a Bespin sort of deal with floating cloud cities? That kind of technological marvel seems like the AdMech would want a peek at it.
>>59658509
Does their preference for thermal weapons ever bite them in the ass by damaging relic tomes?
>>59657408
Do they attach Scouts rather than full Battle Brothers to reduce risk of losing irreplaceable Power Armour? Is it a critical part of their instruction by the Scout Sergeant?
Making outright vassals of RTs would be pretty odd but there's plenty of precedent for mutually beneficial arrangements, and the prestige and power of an Astartes squad of bodyguards would definitely be worth something.
>>59658536
I'd never actually heard of them before; thanks for the link.
>>
>>59762765
Floating cloud cities of the "cruiser-sized dirigible" variety. The admech has instalations on each one.
More details here: >>59706851

>>59762765
The practice of seconding scouts to rogue traders is part of their training in void warfare and boarding, which they excel at. Although a vassalage, it is a mutually beneficial arrangement. The RTs gain a powerful honor guard/elite boardsmen, exchanging them for information and salvaged equipment. The chapter also gives captured hulls and surplus captured equipment to their RTs. Their fortress-monastery is actually a space station with docking and facilities suited to modifying ships, a very good port of RTs. More details in the google doc. Oh, and the scouts have vac-sealed armour.
>>
>>59762089
Void Walkers
>>
File: 1348347876579.png (383 KB, 700x1000)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
>>59659595
I had some plans to, actually - was gonna print transfers for their Chapter badge, smooth down some Space Wolves hides and paint them as onyaguara pelts, and add in some feathers from... shit, I can't remember what. I ruled out using actual canary feathers after finding a great source of properly scaled bitz, but starting a new army was just too daunting an investment. Maybe someday.
>>59660573
Melee SoBs are always neat, but for deviant Sororitas I always like the Order of the Obsidian Mirror - formerly an Order Dialogus, now a militant Order that conducts undercover research in advance of their operations before launching surgical shock and awe strikes for total decapitation and demoralization of enemy forces.
>>59665416
The Brothers of Apathy were silly, but there's a lot of room for them to be fucking awesome. Their writefaggotry had some great imagery that really stuck with me of ex-Loyalists among them having flecks of their old heraldry left from half-assing scraping off the paint, since the warband's whole deal is incredible sloth to the point of wearing unpainted ceramite rather than take the time to colour it.
>>59666638
I wrote something along those lines, but no Tyranids, just mutants. The Cult of the Motor Mother were very much a silly Mad Max-inspired deal I came up with thanks to Miracle of Sound's lyrics.
>>59670608
Dude, that's some badass art. 'd you do that yourself?
>>59655478
The Order of the Martyred Heart just might be the best thing about the Blood Jaguars. I hope if I ever do get around to constructing a Tenocitan army, my opponents will let me take a Volkite weapon as a relic on the Canoness.
>>59679259
>Turns out eldar blood, when mixed with seltzer water and chilled with ice, tastes nice.
My Ice Wraith preferred Tau blood for that rich cobalt taste, but an Inquisitor got him hooked on Eldar milkshakes.
>>
File: For hearth and home!.png (578 KB, 707x1000)
578 KB
578 KB PNG
>>59704486
>>59722146
I was the OP of those threads, glad they're still making people happy.

Currently playing a Conservators librarian in a deathwatch game and having a ton of fun. Making that chapter is still the most fun I've ever had on this board.

I have considered adding more to their lore sometime but I'm not sure quite how to handle it, feels presumptuous to add to something that was the work of many more hands than mine.
>>
>>59764664
>I have considered adding more to their lore sometime but I'm not sure quite how to handle it
Like what? Share it here.

>>59764593
>Dude, that's some badass art. 'd you do that yourself?
No, got that at the drawthread.
>>
File: Conservator 1.jpg (47 KB, 400x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>59764721
Removing some things I don't like, like the knight house alliance, expanding some things I do like, like the sister of battle allies and human auxilia troops.

Expanding lore for some things that were mentioned but not fleshed out, like the psyker training academy, and some things that were never mentioned, like recruitment and exactly how new marines are trained.

Just feels kinda weird adding more lore and changing some stuff on my own when the chapter was the work of a lot of different people, even if I was the one doing all the actual writing.

Maybe I should start another thread sometime.
>>
File: 1431551755649.jpg (225 KB, 1024x768)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>59762290
>>59764574
That'd be the Void Walkers, Raven Guard successors named for their spacewalks. They launch at speed from strike cruisers with jump packs and use their magboots to navigate across enemy voidships' hulls, then cut in with specialized breaching equipment. As bulkhead shears and power drills can be mounted in place of a servoarm, the Chapter keeps apprentice Techmarines initiated into only the most superficial mysteries of the Omnissiah so that there are enough servoarm-compatible Battle-Brothers to equip these boarding squads with one cutting tool each, enabling multiple at once to spread over a voidship's hull and then, at a ciphered signal on the Chapter's vox frequency, begin boring. Bypassing interior defenses in this manner lets them quickly disable enemy vessels, as very few ships remain operational when their bridge, weapons, and engine crew are all massacred by simultaneous and devastating deep strikes. These apprentices, being selected for aptitude and interest in machines, are eligible for the pilgrimage to Mars necessary for any Astartes to be trained by the Machine Cult as a full Techmarine.
For ground warfare, the Chapter prefers to employ their mastery of void combat by deep striking in drop pods, achieving orbital superiority before deploying the Skyhammer formations suggested in the Codex Astartes, maximizing the teamwork and synergy of Devastator, Assault, and Tactical Squads. If they absolutely must hold ground for extended periods, they deploy the Scout Company with Dreadnought support.
They're more focused on mechanics than flavor, since I made them for a tacticool palate cleanser after going full Super Sentai on Gleaming Justice, a Chapter of moralizing Mantis Warriors successors.
>>59708594
Speak of the devil, I think that image actually got used as an example of a breaching gear.
>>59706851
>>59763080
Ah, neat. So the AdMech is present and the Astartes recruit there but don't really have any particular hand in governance.
>>
>>59764800
>Maybe I should start another thread sometime.
Do that, it's a good idea. I'll participate if you do.
>>
>>59764862
Eh, fuck it. I'll start one, been a long time since I've done anything with them, though I do worry that 90% of the thread will be filling in newer people about what they are and what's already been done.

But it seems they're still pretty well liked.
>>
>>59764839
I should have suspected the name "Void Walkers" would refer to space warfare. I really liked your tactics for breaching, btw. Wish I had thought of them.

>Ah, neat. So the AdMech is present and the Astartes recruit there
Well, they mainly recruit from the ferals inside their ships, but the planet is used as a way to replenish the original source.
>but don't really have any particular hand in governance.
Yeah, they get some good tithes in exchange for their protection which go towards acquiring custom wargear such as the doru-pattern lascutters (seen here >>59670608).

>>59764940
Yay!
>>
Conservators hands down.

I actually played with the guy who started those threads all those years ago. I will admit I shamelessly fanboy squeed.
>>
File: Conservator_emblem_1.png (20 KB, 236x433)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>59764800
I know that feel, bro. Unilateral tweaks to a collectively written project can feel like defilement. I'd definitely go ahead and make a new thread; the Conservators are amazing, and there've been enough of us in here mentioning them that you might get a decent turnout.
>>59764721
So much the better; the Emperor's servants stand united.
>>
>>59765149
I'm here right now. Who are you?
>>
>>59765165
The wounded Devastator.
>>
Conservators thread is up
>>
File: Lovely Day.jpg (61 KB, 436x334)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>59679778
That sounds very similar to the Cult of the Motor Mother I came up with, actually, except that mine do have time set aside for prayer - they drive in shifts, leaving time for those inside the transports to eat, sleep, pray, and... other things. A core tenet of their faith is that motherhood is the most sacred honor, duty, and privilege afforded to any servant of the Emperor.
>>59693783
Could go full Castlevania with the caves being filled with traps and puzzles that Initiates must navigate to become Neophytes, with Battle-Brothers bypassing them as second nature. Admittedly I only thought of that because of the Ice Wraiths, but it always struck me as an interesting idea that Astartes might use to winnow out the weak and keep themselves sharp.
>>59695154
>deploying in support of the Guard and spreading out amongst them to bolster the lines and expedite communication
I like it. Kinda reminds me of the Mentors and of my favorite Raven Guard successors, the Raptors.
As >>59724779 notes, Guardsmen are generally too old to make viable recruits, but they could recruit from Whiteshields instead - children of Guardsmen, a refluffing of Conscript Squads to justify their stats appearing in Regiments like Cadians who're all badass.
>>59698174
That sounds very like Loyalist Death Guard.
>>59698384
I'm still annoyed that FFG included Space Wolves on that table when their geneseed is noncompatible with mortals from planets besides Fenris and there aren't even known Chapters that make unsubstantiated claims of heritage from them, but technically 8e canon does allow it since Cawl "fixed" their geneseed.
If they're anything like the Wolves, it'd make sense for Druid to be like the Wolf Priest, a melding of Chaplain and Apothecary, while Rune Priests and Iron Priests are Librarians and Techmarines, respectively.
Fianna is a great name for a Gaelic chapter, all said.
>>
>>59765719
I'm stealing that idea of the caves being trapped to shit.
>>
>>59764593
Lizardmen are a good source for Blood Jaguar accessories.
>>
File: dsc_0780.jpg (150 KB, 583x437)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>59715267
There's a Chapter like that called the Bayou Warriors on DeviantArt, and the multilung goes a long way towards justifying aquatic Chapters like the Abyssal Jaws, Myrmidons, and Deep Ones. I love the mental image of Myrmidons marching up out of the sea onto a beach, bolters roaring death as they go, and not being limited to their armour's air capacity as in void combat opens a lot of options for the oceanic Chapters.
>>59721800
/tg/ rolls up all kinds of shit. Sept Vi'Et was pretty cool, and there are a number of Tyranid Splinter Fleets. I don't recall any Kabals, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
The fuck's a squad world, though?
>>59735565
They did. Hrud have just been phased out and retconned to all hell.
>>59741209
This isn't really to my taste but it sounds fucking great for Unforgiven successors. It's a nice variation on their themes of secrecy and tiers of need-to-know.
>>59744955
>based Sicaran
>cheesy metal
>Mechanicus schism over the Ohshaa sect pushing for safety measures
I may not like the background details that have led to Primaris Marines being a thing, but I like your attitude; this is what 40K should be.
>>59745928
If they stick to Legion habits they might not actually have neophytes; the Legiones just put new recruits straight into power armour iirc and trusted them to learn on the frontlines. Legionaries were frontline soldiers, though; as an Adeptus organization the Astartes are expected to be a more elite strike force. Perhaps their neophytes serve as tank crews, if they were formerly an Ironwing division?
>>59765863
Yeah, I had my eye on them too for Mesoamerican decorative bitz, and I have uses for the other parts too. Just can't remember what I wanted for feathers...
>>
I wish the Rising Sons hadn't been thought up in a massive anti-weeaboo phase.
>>
File: 1479919688430.jpg (79 KB, 500x876)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>59742947
I do really like these guys' deviant spelling and diction. The Imperium is massive, and with centuries of displacement it makes sense that they'd have time to become a little different - different dialects of Gothic seeming strange to offworlders doesn't really happen enough in 40K. That was always my favorite part of the Crown Breakers/ Iron Crusade feud; voidships full of power-armoured gene-forged space-knights screaming epithets and challenges at each other on every vox frequency in flowery, archaic speech that bewilders any outsiders.
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warp_Riders

/tg/ being edgy and with weird references to 'Streets of Fire'
>>
File: 1503193895707.jpg (209 KB, 1063x741)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>59766014
I remember a Kabal where the Archon was a mix of AKU and Balor from Irish myth. He was a big shot in the Pre Fall Eldar Empire. Lot's of Mandrakes/Medusae including some super versions. One of his most poswerful/trusted kabalites was a Howling Banshee who got tired of the Craft World system. Though powerful, he was rather depressed at the state of affairs in the galaxy.
>>
>>59766556
Dark Eldar Kabals are ripe for homebrew
>>
File: 1501187169999.jpg (336 KB, 1024x748)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>59767826
Indeed,I'm having trouble finding these guys in the archives no matter how I phrase the search.
>>
File: POWER KATANA.jpg (664 KB, 1920x1314)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
>>59739088
Samurai space marines do exist
>>
>>59760453
>Tzeentch Calamari Sushi
I thought Tzeentch was bird related.
>>
>>59768368
He's anything you want him to be
>>
File: Tzeentch warshrine.jpg (196 KB, 1300x1600)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>59768368
The Changer of Ways, God of Hope, Master of Mutation, Lord of Trickery, TZEENTCH, THE SORCERER GOD, encompasses many things. An oldfag I chat with sometimes is constantly complaining that his daemons used to be more piscine and that Nids have muscled in on that niche.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.