[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: WGE-147.jpg (79 KB, 410x365)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Crocodileman is best man edition.

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks, or people's homebrew wargames. /hwg/ doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games, so this thread isn't tied to a game, or a genre, lets talk about fun wargames.

Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
Grimdark Future, Age of Fantasy, Mighty Armies, Dragon Rampant, Of Gods and Mortals, Frostgrave, Ghost Archipelago, Hordes of the Things, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Freebooter's Fate, Dark Age, Beyond the Gates of Antares, LotR and anything that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread (gorkamundheim).

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit?usp=sharing

>The Novice Troves
http://pastebin.com/viWJ1Yvk
https://mega.nz/#F!zSYW0I4a!vXh8-UPi_tWXpJES_-p4zg

Previous thread >59628419

Pick your poison

>What are you playing?
>What are you building?
>What are you excited about?
>>
What's the best dead game and why is it AT-43?

Seriously, I want that shit back. I wonder how much the rights cost...
>>
>>59728229
>"completely unrelated to anything in the previous thread edition", more like
C'mon, LB, you could have chosen from:
- Sufficiently cute female caster edition
- Obscure decades-old reference edition
- Cheap crappy plastics edition
- Obtuse chain weapon rules edition
.... and the list goes on

gotta keep it relevant, keep those kids tuned in ("those kids", in the case of /awg referring of course to the fiery, mercurial 30-somethings)
>>
>>59728412
Fair point. I dropped the ball. I'll go to my corner...
>>
File: kartikeya.jpg (70 KB, 570x412)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I like big lizards. Post favourite big lizard guys pls
>>
>>59728689

OK, that's enough time-out. You can come back now.
>>
>>59728791
Sweet! Because to go along with >>597287Loo I have a big lizard!

Mantic's Orc Krudger on Winged Slasher. Loks pretty cool, even if it is just a render right now.
>>
>>59728896
Christ, how did I fuck that up so badly?
>>
>>59728933
Dunno. I'll let that one slide, though.

I'm trying to figure out something to do with a sorylian leviathan. I used the howdah and the dudes for another project, so now I've just got this big lizard hanging around, looking for a purpose.
>>
>>59728977
How big is it? Could you use it as some sorta beast for Frostgrave or something?
>>
anyone got havoc (bombshell games) or can tell me about it?

also does anyone know how to remove rpgnow watermark for trove?
specifically are they visible only or do they have more in there.
>>
>>59729729
A quick search doesn’t turn much up but it seems as though its just the name in the corner, nothing hidden (although the name is sometimes in the background colour). That should be easy enough to learn to remove.
>>
>>59729729
I'm trying to figure out how to remove watermarks myself. Got the rulebook for Freebooter's Fate but it's got my name on it.

Speaking of Bombshell: anyone else excited to see what Counterblast 2.0 will bring? Maybe I'll actually get my GDF and Lancers painted up. I want to start a Nierien force, but I'm waiting for the line to get fleshed out a bit more.
>>
Once again, anyone got an opinion on this list? I finally found a group, so... I wanna make sure I have something that works, y'know?
>>
>>59728785
You already posted mine.
>>
>>59730125
I would drop the standard and the Varangur stuff, take another Necromancer maybe? Most people I see play Undead do a shit ton of zombies, maybe some ghouls, then flank with cavalry along with maybe some Werewolves for an extra bit of punch.

But from what my friends tell me you can never have enough Necromancers.
>>
File: Dwarf-Steam-Tank-Mom.jpg (106 KB, 960x960)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
So the Drunken Spaniard is starting to make tanks...
>>
>>59728785
Alas, I shall never possess them.
>>
>>59731246
Those are cool Lizzies.
>>
>>59728896
I like it. Goofy, but it's not bad.
There are some problems with the head of the orc (no neck) and that gigantic foot...
>>
>>59731246
There are new to me, what are they?
>>
>>59728896
That orc is cool. And the weapon look actually usuable. Is Mantic finally learning?
>>
>>59731304
Look like kroxigor or kroxigor ripoffs. Don’t know any more specific
>>
>>59731304
Some dude's project to make Kroxigors that look like TW concept art they showed off years ago,
He showed up, made the models for himself, people begged him to sell them, he sold a few through forums for a year or so, then the dropped off the face of the earth and now they are lost to us forever.
>>
>>59731349
Thank you, that's a shame, they're the first kroxigor that I actually like..
>>
>>59731391
What? Next thing you'll tell me is you don't like the Lizardman Cold One mounts!

>>59731295
Yeah, the way the head is on there does look kinda weird.

>>59731320
They've been getting better. Not everything is a hit, but no company is without its duds.
>>
>>59728412
>Sufficiently cute female caster
Since you brought it up, I found this nice lady.
Very low-fantasy compared to what I had in mind, but at the very least I have something to work with and a nice apprentice option if I find somebody fancier.

I sometimes wish Fire Emblem had a miniatures line. Its particular anime-fantasy style would make for appreciably flashy character pieces.
>>
Anyone around here buy any Oathmark stuff yet? How's the quality of the miniatures, better or worse than Frostgrave stuff? Pictures would be appreciated too.

Anyone perhaps actually play Oathmark?
>>
>>59732068
You should check out Hasslefree as well. They have a really great range of fantasy minis.

The Pathfinder fantasy range from Reaper is probably one of the more 'flashy' ranges if you are into that.

>>59732106
>Anyone around here buy any Oathmark stuff yet?
I bought the Goblins. The both metals and plastic stuff.

>How's the quality of the miniatures, better or worse than Frostgrave stuff?
The same. So pretty damn good. The goblins are pretty close to truescale historicals. I even kitbashed a few with warlord kelts and Fireforge sergeants.

>Anyone perhaps actually play Oathmark?
The rules aren't out yet.
>>
File: _20170924_224934.jpg (478 KB, 2159x1485)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>>59732140
I'll second Hasslefree. It's a one-man (maybe a few people?) operation which comes with its drawbacks, but the few metal figures I've bought from them have been excellent. Super sculpts, super quality. A bit intimidating to paint though.

Pic related. Some WIPs that I may or may not have finished by now.
>>
>>59732140
>The rules aren't out yet.
My mistake. Have they mentioned a release date, or what their plans are for the next miniatures?

I wouldn't mind seeing some of what you've been working on with them either.
>>
>>59731349
He got hit by the GW death squads.
>>
>>59732214
Also I’ve never had an order that didn’t come with sweets and I’ve only had one without an apologetic free model.
>>
>>59733104
Likewise. In fact, one of those in the picture was a free model. I'll let you guess which one.

I'll definitely pick up some more stuff from them, but not when I'm in a crunch for time.
>>
File: who-you-callin-lizard.jpg (120 KB, 500x500)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>59729102
>How big is it? Could you use it as some sorta beast for Frostgrave or something?
Planetfall was only 10mm, but their leviathans are titans, basically, so it's pretty chunky. Maybe like 60mm at the shoulder and 120mm or so long. Got it on a clearance sale, but uh, yeah it's decently large. Could be a chariot-sized beastie for 28mm or the greatest of squiggoths for Epic... unfortunately I don't play either flavor of greenskin.
>>
>>59732214
Source on doggo soldier?
>>
>>59733399
Hasslefree. Like everything else in the foreground.

There are a few variants on that dog, and a few other dogs.
>>
>>59732226
>Have they mentioned a release date, or what their plans are for the next miniatures?
Afaik there isn't a release date for the rules yet.
The next minis they are gonna release will probably be humans. They usually release about 6 metal characters and a box of infantry you can assemble with handweapons and shields, spears or bow and arrow.
After that they said they'd do cavalry units for the factions that are out already I think.

>I wouldn't mind seeing some of what you've been working on with them either.
I've been building a bunch of minis for Frostgrave with some conversions. Once I've built my apprentice I'll post it here.
>>
Is multibasing in KoW worth it?
>>
>>59736350
>worth it
not sure what you mean by that.
But afaik you only need the footprint of the unit to be the right size.
So if we are talking money then you can get away with using less models.
If we are talking looks then you can basically do small dioramas on the bases.
If you mean for gaming then it's probably less fiddly than using individually based minis on regiment bases.
>>
>>59736350
It’s entirely the point in the ruleset. If you intend to use your models for anything else, then no.
>>
>>59736350
I've seen many folks make a scenic footprint with holes for bases, lets you use them individually or as units in other systems, and as a regiment/horde/etc in KoW.
Bonus, you don't need nearly as many models to make a full KoW regiment, and they often look nicer than just rank'n'filing them WHFB-style.
>>
>>59732106
Got the elves+metal captain. Good quality, pretty modular, lots of bits, rather little flash. Great for what you pay, really.
About the same I'd say, which makes sense, considering they are from the same company.
>>
>>59736350
I've only just started figuring out the way to make my kow stuff, but everyone in my shop just goes off having more than the preceding unit size. So a regiment of 40 just needs a couple more than the troop size of 20.

I figure it really depends on the army, though. A horde of skeletons or blood sucking worms should be super dense, but berserkers can be loosely packed.
>>
File: Dorfs.jpg (99 KB, 960x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>59736350
Yes. From a modelling perspective it looks awesome. It makes transportation super easy as well.
>>
>>59736350
Unless you are planning to use them as singles, I'd do it.
Even WHFB doesn't need single miniatures, we played it with multibases and base stripes for years.
>>
>>59736350
>Is multibasing in KoW worth it?
It's great if you're only playing KoW with the dudes. Personally, I do single bases with magnets and make my KoW trays in to little dioramas with all cutouts for them to slot in to. Bit of extra work, but gets the best of both worlds.
>>
>>
>>59736350
Absolutely. It opens so many doors for modeling opportunities, makes your army easier to transport, deployment and cleanup takes less time and just looks better.

If you have any intention of using the models individually then it isn't a good idea, but with MMC being a thing you'll have stuff left over anyway.
>>
>>59740112
Flintloque?
>>
>>59740225
Those are Westfalia miniatures I believe.

Flintloque's sculpts are... not as good as those.
>>
>>59740478
That makes more sense.

Shame, too, because Flintloque is a great idea.
>>
>>59728229
Question to the homebrewers, how do you draw the balance between lacking in detail and being excessively verbose when you’re writing your rules? Do you have any system other than re-read it and rewrite it until it works?
>>
>>59741661
If it doesn't take 10 minutes and 12 dice rolls for one model's actions you're doing it wrong.
Also the state line must be longer than the Vietnamese calendar year.
>>
>>59728785
>>
>>59741661
>Do you have any system other than re-read it and rewrite it until it works?
Ok, well, no there's not really any replacement for iterations of testing and edits. You'll never reach a polished state without that repetition and small adjustments. That said, polish is work-intensive, and depending on what the homebrew is for it may not be necessary.

For writing, I'd say always err on the side of simplicity. Always ask if there's a way you can achieve a goal without adding a new mechanic or special rule, first. And, if not, implement the mechanic in a way that will have the minimal amount of disturbance to the rest of the system. It's easy to add complexity to a ruleset, and hard to extract it again once it becomes part of the organic mass of the thing as it grows.
>>
>>59741661
No, that's sort of the beat method. If I write something and then look at it as a reviewer and go "fuck that's complicated" I will re-write the whole damn thing.
>>
>>59741902
what model is this?
>>
>>59728394
rights are currently held by a videogame company. they put them up for sALE about a year back but nothing came of it.
>>
>>59744434
New giant gator monster from Privateer Press.

>>59744618
Damn.
>>
>>59744695
thanks!
>>
>>59744695
yup, sucks ass.I emailed them asking if they'd be willing to sell me the rights to reproduce the vehicles in resin. They said they couldn't do it since they already had plans for the rights. that was 6 years ago....
>>
>>59744908
Fuck dude. That blows. I want AT-43 back.
>>
>>59745289
So do I.
>>
How often do Kickstarters drop $150k in funds? I've been watching the Confrontation shitshow and I'm kind of expecting it to drop below $500k.
>>
>>59747206
I wonder how hard it would be to make a fan sourcebook for AT-43 in Genesys.

What doubly sucks is everything else that was dead that I would want back has come back, so it hurts my soul that AT-43 is stuck in some sort of hell.
>>
>>59748449
Looking at the stretch goals it's clear they were expecting to easily get to the millions, which makes their actual results quite underwhelming.

Which, really, is what they should had expected. People who know what Confrontation is/was, and who would be willing to drop hundreds of bucks on a serious release, are also people who already have lots of the old minis. And people that know them for the good sculpt also know their sculpts were great for their times, and are 10+ years old now, with all the sculptors moving to new projects and mastering even further their technique. So why they'd think masses of gamers would be just waiting to drop 350 euros on a selection of not even the most appealing models for every single faction in the game, instead of being able to pick the ones they miss and like, is beyond me.
>>
>>59748471
I'm a little surprised that there wasn't a fan attempt to unofficially revive AT-43. I remembered it was pretty popular, not enough to keep Rackham alive, but it was still liked.
>>
>>59749200
Yeah, they got in way over their heads and planned it out kinda shit.

>>59749648
That would have been nice. Sadly the models are harder to come by these days.
>>
>>59748449
>>59749200
>Minimum pledge three hundred squids
What the fuck were they thinking?
I really don't understand why companies insist on doing shit like this - if you make the minimum buy-in "everything" then it scares off the undecided and looks like a pump'n'dump to the experienced.
I know you can buy individual boxes as add-ons, but "Battle set + two (or even four) warband boxes" seems like such an obvious entry level.

I'm surprised it funded as quickly and as highly as it did, even if it's clearly well short of their expectations.
>>
>>59749811
Yeah, the initial buy in was what really put me off.

I'll see what happens with Resurrection, but they aren't really winning over my confidence with this debacle.
>>
>>59750372
same here. I want to hope for a good Resurrection, but this kickstarter wasn't a good sign. Seemed an ill-designed attempt at moneygrabbing where nothing of what will be the new direction of the game/setting has been even hinted at yet.
>>
File: legend of signum.jpg (98 KB, 639x852)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>59750372
I don't understand why they bought the IP if they don't even have the money to show a plastic prototype (how much it can cost? 1000/2000?).

There was some talk about Cyanide selling their assects of AT-43 last december. let's hope for a rebirth. Personally I think Confrontation had a more itneresting background, but AT-43 was so cool, Kopinsky did an icnredible work with the art.

http://at-43.understairs.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1418.50
>>
>>59750545
>how much it can cost? 1000/2000?
Probably 10, 20.000.
Getting those molds machined isn't cheap.
>>
File: 1526459445781.jpg (39 KB, 424x536)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>59750545
That's some stunningly poor engineering.
>>
>>59750406
Yeah, it came across a little pandering instead of just making the new game.

>>59750545
>Cyanide has the AT-43 rights
>Maybe
Fucking hell. The setting and game were so damn good, and it had a really neat visual style. Hell; fucking Blizzard even ripped it off!
>>
File: Dinosaur-Nazis.jpg (51 KB, 1000x473)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Has anyone tried Ivan's Renegade Scout aka Not-Rogue-Trader?

Seems like an interesting idea at least; taking Rogue Trader but reworking the core system so it's not as clunky and awkward to use.
>>
>>59751194
Not tried it, but speaking of Ivan:
fivemennormandy.blogspot co.uk/2018/05/five-leagues-from-borderlands.html?m=1

Fantasy Five Parsecs, combat more interesting than most rpgs, an excuse to buy a load of North Star stuff
>>
>>59745289
>Fuck dude. That blows. I want AT-43 back.
Hey, so. Coming from a rules-afficianado that never played it, what's the draw? Can you give me a 30 second version of the rules?

I remember the models were cool looking, but kinda unusual in their design. Blue robot gorillas, right?
>>
>>59751194
Sounds intriguing.
>>
File: giphy_314.gif (992 KB, 500x240)
992 KB
992 KB GIF
>>59745289
>>59747206
>>
>>59728394
It's prepaint Conf
I know it's heresy to like but I honestly didn't give a fuck about the minis being more accessible to noobs and the rules were 10 000% more playable. The Ram book was dogshit though, obvious panic attempt to sell via power bloat.
>>
>>59748449
>$488k

How low can it go? *clap clap*
>>
>>59755338
Jesus. Is this the first Kickstarter that colossally fucked up and pissed off all the backers BEFORE the campaign ended?
>>
>>59755338
>>59756095
Damn, I think that's dropped ten grand in the ten hours I've been at work.
Brutal.
>>
File: dailychart.png (29 KB, 940x270)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>59748449
I'm pretty sure that these people are just fucking stupid or something. They knew exactly what people wanted for a long time, or else they were just willfully ignorant. I will just stick to Confrontation recasts for now.
>>
>>59756376
>>59756402
Kicktraq says £13,153 down in the last day.
£19k yesterday. £25k the day before.
I suppose at least at this rate they don't have time to collapse entirely.
>>
Wow, Warlords K47 Italian heavy infantry look amazing. These are the first minis from that range that i really like.
>>
>>59756498
I'd wager a lot of people are gonna jump of at the last minute if the stretchgoals they wanted weren't unlocked.
>>
>>59752155
The rules were pretty slick, alternating activations where you had to pre-plan your turn by laying out the stat cards face down in the order you wanted unita to go.

Shooting was based on accuracy, so weapons didn't have a range stat. The further yoy were the harder things became to hit until you reached a point where your gun was just too inaccurate to make it worth it.

There were also command points you could use to do stuff during your turn, or you coy could bid some to boost your initiative roll at the start of the turn.

And the setting was neat with awesome designs. The Karmans were Buddhist inspired gorillas in power armor with rocket cars for tanks and shit, for example.

>>59752929
I thought it played fine, too, but my only real exposure was demoing it at GenCon for Rackham. I spent most of my time demoing AT-43 to people.
>>
>>59758380
They unlocked all of the stretch goals except for one.
>>
>>59752334
>>59752108

I think I might just plop down the 5 dollarydoos it costs just to take a look.

>>59756095
No, no it is not. Not even the first miniatures kickstarter that's done that.
>>
File: the last of the elves.jpg (100 KB, 898x960)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>59750648
Yeah, but we're talking about a prototype.
A "test" of what you can get.

You contact the factory, you ask to see a sample of what you want to produce.
I'm not an expert, so I don't know, maybe It really costs a lot.
>>
>>59758420
That sounds pretty neat; may have to give it a look. Especially:

>Shooting was based on accuracy, so weapons didn't have a range stat.
I've been working on something akin to that for my spaceship homebrew.

Any chance rules are in the trove?
>>
>>59759609
You don't just ring up a factory and ask them to tool a mold to see what they can do.
That's the bit that costs tens of thousands of dollars.

You can do resin molds for orders of magnitude cheaper, but then people complain that it's 'only' a resin prototype (which I agree they should have done).
>>
>>59760711
I can get hard plastic, but I don't see why they can't do that with PVC models. They are claiming to be going with the Mythic Battles manufacturer, and they had plenty of samples shown off beforehand. A good example is the Black Rose Wars Kickstarter where to alleviate concerns about PVC they showed off a production copy next to a resin version of the same mini, among other samples.

And if the molds really do cost tens of thousands of dollars as you say, then there is no way that they will be able to deliver the models that they have said that they will.
>>
>>59757211
Those are pretty nice. I might have to get a pack of them and some of the British heavy infantry too.
Are there any Frogs in this release or no?
>>
If anyone is interested in Bolt Action, K47, or GoA, Warlord is running a sale right now where you can buy an army set and get a free plastic kit.

https://us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/summer-offensive-army-offer
https://us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/summer-offensive-free-plastic-options
>>
>>
>>59764595
Sauce?
It's Guildball, isn't it
>>
>>59765470
Yes, Fillet 2nd captain of the butchers guild
>>
>>59764595
It's such a shame that they are downgrading the entire range to pre-assembled PVC. I will need to grab one of the metal starters before they become impossible to find.
>>
What are some top-tier blogs?
>>
>>59766083
the old stuffs actually moving to a resin, time will tell if its good tho.
>>
>>59758420
>Shooting was based on accuracy, so weapons didn't have a range stat. The further yoy were the harder things became to hit until you reached a point where your gun was just too inaccurate to make it worth it.
God, I loved that part. Rarely see it now, everyone still uses fixed ranges.
>>
>>59766479
The resin figures are new sculpts. I don't like how they are making the sculpts more boring, but the inclusion of goals and terrain is nice.
>>
>>59766649
I know, right? I loved it, especially with my Sharpshooters for my Cogs army. Toss a couple quantum snipers in there and shit got real.
>>
>>59766884
I just tracked down that rulebook and gave it a skim. The shooting thing seems a lot cooler in concept than execution. Range bands, dice arithmetic, and a lookup table to resolve every shot? There's gotta be a better way to do that.
>>
>>59767471
It actually ran fairly smooth, but I can see where you're coming from.
>>
>>59767626
>It actually ran fairly smooth, but I can see where you're coming from.
Yeah. I mean, first skim is just that. I'll have to put some proxies on the table and take it for a spin this weekend. It seems like it probably ends up working a lot like Spartan's range bands, in practice; except that in this case they aren't printed explicitly on the stat block, you have to compute it.

It's in the general direction of what I'm trying for. My first rough version was simply "number of whole inches between shooter and target = difficulty to roll against". Add a few modifiers and go to town. Conceptually it's very simple and elegant.

The problem with that is proving to be resolution time. Precise measurements are slow. The big advantage of fixed ranges is speed - you're in, or you're out. You only need precision for targets right on the edge of range. If the most distant guy is in, they're all in. I'm trying to find the right balance.
>>
>>59757211
The bersaglieri with the murmillo helmet is a great touch. I might want some of those although his weapons do look pathetic compared to the weapons of the other power armored infantry.

I'm unhappy about the roman helmet being open faced. I'm probably going to greenstuff it shut if I buy any. The italian flag medallion is really silly and out of place too. I'll probably greenstuff the holes in the gun shield as well.

Also Warlord desperately needs a new painter.
>>
>>59768210
Well the tape measures that Rackham made had centimeters on one side, and then the range bands on the other.

Thankfully the math invokved during gameplay was easy enough.

I like your idea, but it sounds like people would try and game it over a matter of millimeters because gamers can be assholes like that.
>>
>>59752108
Shit, now I'm hyped for another fucking /awg/ ruleset.
>>
How's this for a meme kitchen table build?
>>
>>59765986
>Dem freckles
That's a nice piece of work.

>>59766083
>>59766713
>New sculpts more boring
Did you see Casket bud?
Dirge?
Vileswarm?

I actually like the metal Casket a lot more, but it's hard to say that they aren't pretty much straight upgrades.
>>
File: Resin-Morticians-Obulus.jpg (729 KB, 3000x3000)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
>>59770021
>>59766713
To be fair I would have preferred they kept Cossette with her coy neck angle though I prefer her with two blades instead of the spear, and Obbulus Mr Two Staffs is a bit odd.

Silence, Ghast and Bonesaw are flat terrible though, in my eyes.
>>
>>59769740
Such is the pain of /awg/.

>>59769908
Is that two versions of Manhattan?

>>59770021
>Dem freckles
Right? Obscene amount of detail on display there.

>Guild ball
Is there a Vassal module for Guild Ball? Basically some way to try it without buying models and shit first?
>>
What do you guys think about Bushido?

I've seen a few battle reports, mostly on gmg's youtube channel, but a good part of the sculpts look derpy, especially combined with a crappy paintjob.

The weeaboo in me wants to like the game and the background, but I'm yet to be sold on the minis.
>>
>>59766326
Gardens of Hecate, GovGenSectorSix, RealmOf Chaos80s
>>
File: DSC05336.jpg (225 KB, 1600x954)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>59766326

http://leadplague.blogspot.co.nz

http://magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.nz

http://therealmofjinnai.blogspot.co.nz

http://www.ninjabread.co.uk/

http://scalecreep.blogspot.co.nz

Some cracking stuff in there.
>>
>>59768754
>it sounds like people would try and game it over a matter of millimeters because gamers can be assholes like that.
Yeah, that's a potential execution issue. That specific one I think is probably more a bogeyman than an actual problem. The "haggling over millimeters" is one of those things you hear spotlighted as a problem in any system with exact measurements, but is only rarely an actual issue on the table. You heard that cry a bunch for instance when warmachine went to premeasuring. Number of times I've actually seen it happen in hundreds of competitive games since? Once, sorta-kinda, and it was resolved by a judge inside a minute.

Actually, thinking about it, a graduated system might make such arguments LESS common, if anything, because the stakes are lower for being just under/over. In a fixed-range game, if you have a 12" gun, it can make a huge difference if the other guy is 11.99" or 12.01" away. That could be a game-changing unit activation. With distance=difficulty, at most you're talking about +1 to hit on dice that haven't been rolled yet. Joe Gamer is probably a lot more likely to call that a gimme or just roll-off for it.

Nah, for me, like I said the hangup is all about resolution time. With units vs units, it potentially creates an issue where every individual shot has a different to-hit target number. Start stacking modifiers on that and it potentially becomes real clunky, real fast.
>>
>>59770252
The official website has paper standees and the full rules for you to try the game out without having to buy models.
>>
>>59770252
There's a Vassal module, and the paper dolls as >>59773348 said.
I think it's good, very easy to pick up, lots of depth.

>>59771402
Love a lot of the aesthetic, many of the sculpts, and the general idea.
Less convinced by the engine, but I'd be willing to try it if anyone played locally.
A lot of the women's faces, as with all model lines everywhere apparently, are badly executed.
>>
>Check out this LE mini during kickstarter
>In order to get it you need to spend 700 USD

The longer this campaign goes on, the more and more and I'm convinced the people running it are just kind of greedy.

Legend of Signum btw
>>
>>59775213
The figure isn't even a KS exclusive, so you can buy it separately after the KS if you don't want to do the all in pledge. For resin figures I think that the KS is a good deal.
>>
>>59770252
>Is that two versions of Manhattan?
Yeah, the one on the left is "Intrinsic Field Experiment", which operates on a countdown from its abilities and the damage it takes. If it lands on a specific click then it transforms into that Dr. Manhattan figure.
>>
Is there anything like This is Not A Test but for fantasy? I kind of wanted to run some solo campaigns with all of the generic medieval dudes that I have laying around.
>>
>>59775213
The miniatures look good but those prices are way too rich for my blood.
>>
>>59771402
Some of the older models, especially, have some derp face. The newer stuff is getting way better, but I can understand the hesitation.

I think the rules are pretty solid, but some people do have a hang up on the to wound table it uses. But everything elae about the mechanics are so solid that it doesn't bother me as much as it would if the game had some other glaring issue.

Rules are free, there's an app called Bushio Builder which has the free rules and all the stat cards so you could do some proxy games to see if you like it if you've got models to use.

>>59772069
>like I said the hangup is all about resolution time. With units vs units, it potentially creates an issue where every individual shot has a different to-hit target number.
Ah, but in AT-43 all range measurements were done from unit leader to unit leader if I recall. This helped to cut down on multiple to hit numbers, and streamlined everything.

Or maybe it was just closest model to closest model. Either way, the entire unit always had the same range so the only differences in to hit numbers was when it came to the guys with special weapons.
>>
File: Confrontation.png (115 KB, 713x337)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
I'm sincerely curious to know what happens next.
They will probably go silent for some months, make some excuses, then go silent again.
>>
>>59778481
>400k euro raised
>250k euro lost
D'ya think they'll lock some of those previously unlocked stretch goals? I'm not even sure how some of 'em were unlocked when it never broke 650k euros.
>>
>>59777963
Open Combat, SoBaH, Chevauchee are the first that come to mind. I adore Open Combat, but all three are great.
>>
>>59779323
Yeah, Open Combat is pretty great.

Next book is going to have rules for gunpowder weapons in it.

Napoleonic skirmish anyone?
>>
>>59778950
Teorically all the Stretch Goals have been unlocked during the campaign up to 1 249 999 € to incentive the backers. Difficult to believe.
>>
>>59779436
New edition of Open Combat? Happen to know when it'll release
>>
>>59778481
I don't even want confrontation to be alive again, I just want to keep buying recasts from Cadwallon.
>>
>>59779572
Not a new edition, just an expansion book adding in gunpowder weapons and everything associated with them.

I think he said goal is Q4 this year? I can't remember exact date. Still; I'm stoked.

I keep debating making characters from a short story I was working on in the current edition, but it would require me to homebrew and entire magic system into the game.
>>
>>59780022
I know what you mean. I am mostly just buying Cadwallon(heh) models from Cadwallon to pad out my army right now.
>>
>>59728229
>What are you playing?
Balls deep in Heroclix, bits of Warmaster Ancients, and Dreadball (still playing 1st edition).

>What are you building?
Terrain for Mutants and Death Ray Guns
Getting my Deadzone stuff ready for a game one day

>What are you excited about?
Heroclix event
>600pts
>Golden Age
>Teams only

Kinda hard when I've only got two boosters and a starter set, but I've managed to pull together a team. I don't expect to be placing high or even taking anything home, but I'm sure as shit not leaving with no wins.
>>
>>59780230
Best of luck to ya!

And hey: with sound tactics you could very well take something home.

They could also do like sportsmanship awards. U remember playing in a Mechwarrior Dark Age tourny back in high school and walked away as top ranking rookie with some exclusive character Locust. I was pretty stoked.
>>
>>59749811
>>Minimum pledge three hundred squids
Yeah. You need an entry level around 50-100. Maybe 150 max.
>>
>>59780230
>Terrain for Mutants and Death Ray Guns
Got any WIP pics?
>>
>>59780230
Is Heroclix good?
There's a big haul of it in the local bargain bin for about $30, but I don't know if I'll have time or will to play.
>>
>>59781270
It's alright. Not the deepest game, and some people hate the minis for it but I enjoyed it as a popcorn game.
>>
>>59781270

Like >>59781340 said, the minis are pretty damn bad, but still it's a game that can be played. You can always rip the minis off and repurpose them. I've seen them repainted and they actually look pretty good. I mean how else are you going to add yu gi oh creatures as pokemon into your drug fueled AM D&D games?

Also wonder why in hell pokemon hasn't been brought into the fold. I kind of would throw dosh at that for nostalgias sake.
>>
What are /awg/‘s thoughts on Frostgrave? I see its name dropped often, but very little discussion.

It just exploded locally and I get the feeling it’s a “9 parts hobby to 1 part gaming” system, but I’m wondering how good that gaming portion is.
>>
>>59782594
As a system it needs a good amount of houserules to not be broken. You can have fun with it though, but it falls apart if you are optimizing your warband and wizard along with your tactics. Treat it as a friendly game and go for what would be a fluffy route even if it isn't the most ideal.
>>
>>59778417
It was leader to leader.

The only really finicky part was intermediate models taking hits.
>>
>>59782594
it's shit
>>
File: repurposed.jpg (69 KB, 650x432)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>59781270
It's fun for what it is and it's been much easier convincing non-tg friends to try it out.

You can get a game going with two boosters and a quick tutorial. It gets a bit more complicated when you throw in "pushing", terrain, and all the abilities (individual abilities, team abilities, and keywords)

And if/when you get bored of it you can do this >>59781450
>picrelated

For now I'm having a blast (it might just be new game fever) and I've got something to do when no one's up for Warmaster. If you're into super heroes/Star Trek/TMNT then you'd probably enjoy it much more, but I'm not into any of those three and I love it.
>>
>>59782646
I didn't mind that. Made sense the guys closest to the firing unit would go down first. Made positioning to dudes in thr unit matter which I liked.
>>
New batman releases are out
>>
>>59758420
>I thought it played fine, too, but my only real exposure was demoing it at GenCon for Rackham. I spent most of my time demoing AT-43 to people.
Wasn't the CAoR rules core literally just AT-43?
>>
File: thisiskindanice.jpg (150 KB, 480x584)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>59782703
Ooof, I just took a closer look at that picture with my glasses on and god damn is that lady rocking a man face and that dude in blue... I wanna call him "Grandpa Flash".

I'm sure there are better examples out there though and some heroes you'll probably never find any other models of.

Like MODOK who looks decently painted and a better sculpt.
>>
>>59783267
It was similar, but there were aome difference with how heroes and shit worked.
>>
>>59782840
All 3 of them. I'm probably the biggest BMG shill on here, but the releases are fucking awful for how long we've had to wait. KM have totally shit the bed and fucked the 2nd edition momentum, it's been 8 months since 2nd ed launched, and 4 of those have had no releases at all. That's without mentioning the fact that there's still crews without resin starters, supposedly the big draw of the new edition. If every month is going to be 3-4 new things and a whole bunch of repacks, I'm going to be buying a lot less, especially after this wait.
>>
>>59771916
>>59771983
Cheers fellas
>>
>>59783652
I think now that the Harry Potter game isn't taking up all their time we'll see more stuff. At least I hope so. I want Rebirth Black Canary!
>>
>>59770021
>>59770081
I honestly like both of these box. they almost make me want to play spooks but I still won't play them though

Can't wait til to finish my order guild. and my ass won't paint them until I get Seasoned Spigot and Veteran Fangtooth assembled
>>
>>59782594
Core rules are neat, but model to model balance is awful (and collectible)
Also their productions about as bad as its ever been IMHO
>>
>>59784540
I really want Rebirth Canary, it's something we should probably get soonish. I just personally want the crews without resin stuff (Penguin and Court of Owls) to actually get resin releases, because it's been 8 months since the 2nd ed launch and they're long overdue.
>>
>>59785126
They were doing quite well, it was only in the last month or son that they slacked on BMG and that was because they were pushing the HP game.
>>
File: 10241.jpg (291 KB, 750x746)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>59782594
works best without expansion, sadly....

i say it's great if you wanna just play with friends, model any old shit to be X, Y or Z, and just rill dice.

also, you can fuck Elsa.
>>
>>59729832
Maybe one of these? https://pdf.wondershare.com/online/remove-watermark-from-pdf.html

I have been looking for the FF rulebook, so if I can help...
>>
>>59786234
>also, you can fuck Elsa.

I know there are figs, but when will Palace of the You-Can't-Play-That-at-a-Con come out?
>>
>>59786452
I'll take a look at see what I can do.
>>
>>59782594
Regular frostgrave has balance issues.
Ghost Archipelago is a bit better, and a good deal more fun. Suffers from a lack of scenarios though.
>>
>>59786234
>also, you can fuck Elsa.
Please elaborate.
>>
So as it turns out there hasn't been any progress on the Ilian release for Warzone: Resurrection because their sculptor at Prodos has left the company. So their focus has gone to bringing out a small number of new stuff for AVP now while they try and get a new sculptor for Warzone(presumably). Last model release was last summer with that line of vehicles they did. Almost 300 days, nothing new. At this point I can't even get angry, I'm just disappointed. I'm going to go ahead and look for appropriate character proxies for my Ilian army and leave it at that. If they pull up and get someone in again and making regular releases, I'll be glad, but I wont hold my breath.
>>
>>59789365
Yeah, same. I've reached the point of just accepting that Warzone has died, yet again. It's not even worth adding to my Bauhaus or buying a Cybtertronic army at this point because it'll just collect dust.
>>
Anyone played warpath and or gates of antares, kind of intersted in those. How do they compare to 40k?
>>
>>59789838
I've not played either proper, teatedbthe GoA rules for a review I did back when Ravage US was still a thing.

The rules work pretty well, the only issues I had was remebering what weapons and armors did. Itherwise it seemed to work just fine.

I'm also of the mind that 40k is one of the *worst* games on thw market. GoA offees more tactical options along with less down time which make it a huge draw for me. I enjoy the fluff, although I know that's a point of contention for some people, and overall I'd say it's worth a look.

I have no experience with Warpath, so I can't comment on that one.
>>
>>59790205

Thanks, 40k comparison mainly because 40k is known.
>>
>>59790205
>I'm also of the mind that 40k is one of the *worst* games on thw market
I don't think you're exactly alone in that. 40K's advantage is its models and high profile. It's most people's first game, and then you move on to other stuff as your tastes become more sophisticated. That's the basic arc of every ttg player I know.
>>
>>59778417
>Ah, but in AT-43 all range measurements were done from unit leader to unit leader if I recall. This helped to cut down on multiple to hit numbers, and streamlined everything.
Yeah, I saw that on 2nd reading. I think a closest-to-closest or shooter-to-closest version could work for what I'm doing. Of course in this specific case it's spaceships and the "units" are like escort groups, and probably just fewer bases overall on the table compared to a 28mm company-scale game.
>>
>>59728229
Why is hordes of things mentioned in the OP but is not in the troves? Can anyone point me in the direction of a download? I’ve tried but I just get sent to the old free download which isn’t available anymore.
>>
>>59793046
Did you check the pdf share thread?
>>
>>59793108
Yep, I may be being dumb but I can’t find it on there.
>>
>>59782594
>“9 parts hobby to 1 part gaming” system
Not sure how it has more of a hobby aspect than anything else that supports lots of terrain. Not suckling a sanctioned manufacturer's dick does leave more time for other hobbies, but there isn't really much to do with your soldiers since they are generic. It's not like old Necromunda where you pulled off limbs mid campaign for new guns or because your dude actually got a limb hacked off in game.

>>59786817
>I know there are figs, but when will Palace of the You-Can't-Play-That-at-a-Con come out?
wut? Is this stuff from the Maze of Malcor?

>>59787981
>Suffers from a lack of scenarios though.
Lost Colossus added a 10 scenario campaign. You could probably play the Frostgrave scenarios with a Ghost Archipelago crew with minor changes. Heritor vs golem punch up sound fun.
>>
>>59793046
I will take a trawl and upload it if successful. If I fail, someone else might be able to post it here
>>
>>59760110
>>59792416
>>59768210
So, to follow up on this a little more. The homebrew I'm working on is basically cherry picking the ideas I like best from primarily Full Thrust, BFG, and Dropfleet, and stitching them together in to a frankenstein's monster of a spaceship game. Just want to float it out here; If /awg is interested I may take my pile of half-ass working notes and try to turn them in to something presentable. Overview:
- Full Thrust style "accumulating speed" movement. Somewhat streamlined by stealing ideas from various naval games.
- Overall vibe is space opera / cinematic; so "soft" scifi shit like fighter squadrons is permissable
- design focus is on speed of play and rules simplicity / elegance over simulation accuracy. It's going to have build-a-ship rules, but using a lot of abstractions. No miles-long lists of upgrades and costs.
- Alternating activation, with a fixed (and small) number of activations per side. Probably 5 or 6 per side, max. Each activation might be a single capital ship (possibly with escorts) or a hunting pack consisting of 1-3 medium weight ships or 3-8 lighter vessels.
- shooting is going to use some kind of Target # = Range + Modifiers system
- damage / systems is track based (for small ships) or grid based (for big ones).
- currently thinking that after all maneuver / main shooting is done, there's an overall 'melee' phase to handle point defense, close action, fighters/bombers, etc.

Anybody interested, let me know. I'm getting to the point where I could use some fellow anons to bounce ideas off, in any case. My local gang is good for testing, but less so for writing/editing.
>>
>>59795742
This sounds pretty good to me, I'll be interested to see how it goes

>>59793046
Sorted and uploaded to the mega
>>
>>59780814
Nothing worth showing off. Just your usual hills, trees (those woodland scenic trees that come without foliage), and a soon to be filled lake. Haven't gotten around to making scenario specific terrain, but I'm about to start making barb wire fences and obstacles.
>>
>>59795870
Thanks very much man, appreciate.
>>
File: oathmark.jpg (153 KB, 960x511)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
You can't have enough dwarves
>>
File: file.png (2.74 MB, 1500x1125)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
Man, Para Bellum will do some awesome shit.
>>
>>59796807

Damn man, this for conquest?
>>
>>59796068
You're right, I SHOULD get more Dwarves.
I reckon I'll wait until the humans are available first though.
>>
>>59797339
I'd just buy historicals, the previewed human is yikes tier, I guess because they have to differentiate it as something unique compared to the existing miniatures in the market that already fit the fantasy races.
>>
>>59797439
I really liked the human preview. I will have to see what the plastics are like, but I don't agree on the yikes.
>>
Man, Sans-Detour somehow managed to outdo Games Workshop. At least I still have my Wrath of Kings totally not Wolfen to paint up and keep me occupied.
>>
>>59798334

Hahaha, I just got home from work and was just about to post that.

Calling it. Sans-detour sour about their KS campaign royally sucking, and decided to legitimize that theory that the Signum guys did their kickstarter only to steal away the customers from confrontation, and as a middle finger post campaign, they're trying to sabotage the Signum campaign, which last I checked hadn't even hit a 1/4 of the amount the confrontation KS ended with (which still baffles me that people would put money into that train wreck)
>>
>>59798334
What the fuck, on what fucking grounds? I don't even want to buy into it because it's too expensive for my taste but there clearly wasn't anything stolen in it. The style was clearly inspired by Blizzard, but that's it.
>>
>>59796807
This makes my penis
become the BIG penis
>>
>>59799162
The same grounds that GW took down Spots the Space Marine probably. Being copyright trolls doesn't seem to have a downside for Sans Detour, so they went at it.
>>
>>59798853
What a bunch of faggots. Tho they are French, so no surprise.
>>
File: shocked sybilla.jpg (153 KB, 1000x1000)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>59798334
>Kickstarter has an Integrity Team
Woah, wait, what? Do they pay those guys to couch surf all day, because I have never seen this "Integrity Team" do anything about the shadiest Kickstarters that get put up. You would think that with some proper sleuths backers would have been warned about Robotech Tactics from the beginning.
>>
File: elves.jpg (138 KB, 1000x685)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
A nice old school guide from Northstar.

http://nstarmagazine.com/OATHMARK_ELVES_2.htm

>>59798334
Well, I will never support Sans Detour or buy anything from them. I feel guilty for even having put a like on their facebook page.

And I don't even like LoS that much, they simply know how to present a real product.

>>59796807
That's some proper armour, nice.
>>
>>59789561
i will play warzone with you.
anytime.
(though i'd actually prefer to buy shit old plastics on eBay for max YEEEAAAH! factor)
>>
>>59799573
>likes on facebook
you can go undo those. in fact, please do. /awg/ needs less GW clones.

>>59799545
their integrity team just answers direct complaints. you walk in with a copyright claim, they listen. you say "man, these guys suck" they go back to munching doritos. to me, the words 'Kickstarter' and 'Integrity' don't go along at all. but those are the guys who police IP rights on their site.
>>
The intricacies of the Basilean sex-slave elude me, as well as ways to properly use him.
>>
File: Hungry Hobbits.jpg (26 KB, 480x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>59800217
I want to buy a box of Naiads explicitly to get that bit for use with an army of maneater halflings. They will all be wielding cleavers, wear chef hats, and have a few human body parts and unfortunate victims/snacks dragged around. Otherwise it is a neat basing piece to remind your opponents that Naiads have ensnare.
>>
>>59798334
"So, our relaunching of a beloved franchise didn't go as planned and it seems the community only kind of hates us. Hmm. What can we do to change that?"
>>
>>59800217
It's fresh food, not a slave.
>>
>>59799573
I like that style of guide, very cool, very oldschool, but I hate that they're using army painter paints.
>>
>>59798334
>read Sans-Detour
>assumed the Conf Kickstarter was the one that had crashed and burned
They were running two at once?
>>
Does anyone know a good source of those bases that come from kingdom death with the faces? Hell I wouldn't even care if it was from a recaster. Would actually prefer it that way.
>>
>>59799545
They basically just deal with copyright shit.

>>59800009
>Buy old, shit, plastics
So you'd only run eirher Trenchers or Hussars? Those were the only plastics that really got made. Plus the new resins are super nice.

>>59801849
Could be worse, they could be using citadel.
>>
>>59802392
They should be using Coat D'Arms for a truly authentic feel. Or they could just use Vallejo like any normal human being.
>>
File: OYUMARU_PRO_PACK.jpg (61 KB, 800x600)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>59802019
>Would actually prefer it that way.
Rude. Don't shit-talk my $800 pile of grimdark kickstart bord gaiman you filthy casual

Ask around to find if somebody nearby has the game. See if they would be willing to let you press one of their stone face bases into a heated blob of pic related and leave it there for five minutes, before you peel it out of your shiny new base mold and hand it back to them.
>>
>>59802489
Valleijo is love. Never going back to pots (except to buy one and pour it into a dropper bottle).
>>
>>59796807
DAMN. Everything I've seen from the human faction for Conquest so far has been meh, but this is sweet.
>>
>>59802874
Coat d'Arms is pretty gud. Army Painter is also my go to for washes.
>>
>>59802906
I love P3 myself.
>>
>>59802922
I've never actually used P3 personally, I should give them a go.
>>
>>59802970
P3 has a few good colors but a lot of them cover really poorly.
>>
>>59803085
Meh I'm used to that from certain Vallejo paints.

M U L T I P L E
T H I N
L A Y E R S
>>
>>59802850
Seconding Oyumaru. I did that with one of the face bases and spit out more whenever I need to put together another survivor. Once the larger face bases come in I plan on doing some Malifaux crews with them.
>>
>>59803201
Of course. Always do multiple thin layers. What I'm saying is that some of the P3 colors have trouble doing that. Their best colors are the most vibrant blues or so I've experienced. Also you'll want to exchange them from pots into dropper bottles.
>>
>>59803339
I'm with you on the blues.
MY Cygnar Blue Highlight from six years ago only recently got kicked from its front-of-the-rack spot by Vallejo Royal Blue, and that's mostly because the Royal just makes a better base color.
>>
>>59802850

Oh, don't get me wrong anon, I've already sunk like 2k into the game. I just want more bases to base everything with because, well, i love those bases.

I support recasters because I fucking hate the state of the game aftermarket wise. Infant sunstalker selling for like 125, Fade selling for like 80, etc etc. It's ridiculous.
>>
Thoughts on sails of glory? I've got a pretty /awg/ homie that is down to play with my set. He says he's a big fan of crimson skies, which was like proto wings of glory or something.

Also says that xwing is the reason you never hear about it much these days.
>>
>>59803736
>"Also says that xwing is the reason you never hear about it much these days."

>Sails of Glory, D&D Attack Wing, Star Trek Attack Wing, Wings of Glory

Pretty much. I expected Imperial Assault to overtake the other skirmish type games--which it didn't. I also expected the same of Legion--which also didn't happen.

So maybe mechanics wise X-Wing edges out over the competition and the Star Wars coat of paint really pushed people over.

Just my 2 cents. My local group ruined X-Wing for me and I hated the game whenever I wasn't just playing my my casual bros.
>>
>>59803705
Yeah, I misread your tone there.
And sometimes I forget that the secondhand market is usually the ONLY market for KD:M extras outside of the core game, particularly for those who couldn't afford to go all in on the pledge manager.
>>
>>59802906
I use Army Painter washes as well. Only washes I own.

>>59802922
I have a bunch of P3, but I've been slowly replacing them with Vallejo when I can.

Still can't find a good Vallejo replacement for Greatcoat Grey, though. The one conversion chart recommends something torallybout of left field which isn't even a grey paint.

>>59803339
I love my Meridius Blue. It's such a nice color. I just need to either get it into a dropper or find the Vallejo equivilent.
>>
File: Father_and_son_model_2.png (415 KB, 553x715)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>59803971

>going all in on pledge manager

Man I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on those minis that are sculpted to look like they're hanging upside down from a piton. I'm amazed I've never seen another company ever try to do a mini in that pose.

Also pic is probably the most feels invoking mini I've ever come across. Can't wait for that one as well.
>>
>>59804301
That's a pretty sweet model.

Got my base color on my Caprice test bits last night. Was hoping tobget more done but my vertigo apparently votes otherwise.
>>
>>59728229
Anyone know where I can get armies of arcana? PDF share thread aren’t answering.
>>
>>59802850
ive never got that shit to work for 2 part molds of arms or whatever. anyone ever use it for that?
>>
So does Horizon Wars handle 15mm okay? The boom states it's designed for 6-10mm stuff. There's a lot of cool 15mm stuff out there I'd be interested in buying to use in it, but obviously don't wanna do that if the rules don't really support the scale well.
>>
>>59740112
Absolutely heartbroken to find out these are oop
>>
>>59807884
Well yeah. Who wants something interesting or unique? You should want more of the same derivitive models ripping off Tolkien!
>>
>>59807435
I can’t see why it shouldn’t. It seems to be designed to cope with infantry bases and I think it uses battles without formations, so at worst it will get clustered. If you already have the stuff, you may as well try it
>>
>>59797475
I'm sure technically its sculpted well but in terms of the design it looks like some nonsense fantasy armour from some gritty dung ages or intentional fantasy show. With the sound Tolkenian designs of the rest of the range I'd rather just use dark ages minis for the humans.
>>
>>59807884
>>59808145
A real shame. At least shortwars and warmonger are still doing their landsknecht greenskins. If anyone knows of any others i’d love to hear about it.
>>
>>59808480
I suppose I should see what my local meta uses scale wise. Thankfully if all else fails I know Reaper has some cool shit in their CAV line that might be fun.

And if they do 6mm I could always grab some stuff from Mecha Front and Khurasan.
>>
Has anyone tried the beta rules for Carnevale? I would like to jump back in, but my group dispersed years ago and now I have trouble finding people willing to play a dead game that should come back to life.

>>59789365
>>59789561
Man, WZR's story seems like a bad Shyamalan flick. It died a fair number of years ago, BUT WAIT! No, it came back, how is it possibl- nope, it was dead the whole time.

>>59783652
I want to buy Lobo and his hog but dammit do they make difficult raising interest in this game. And the whole HP debacle didn't sit well with a lot of people.
>>
>>59809371
>Man, WZR's story seems like a bad Shyamalan flick. It died a fair number of years ago, BUT WAIT! No, it came back, how is it possibl- nope, it was dead the whole time.
God, but that is an apt description of how it all goes with this franchise.
>>
>>59801997
No, the one that is under copyright infringement is another company. Sans Detour (probably) is attacking them.
>>
>>59809265
Having read Horizon wars, but not played it yet, I think it would probably handle 15mm. You'd have to chance what a P1/P3 mech means but that wouldn't change anything rules-wise.

You could also just use your Heavy Gear stuff or CAV alongside 6-10mm infantry.
>>
>>59803736
I love it, love to play it, but have found very few interested parties in the local area. If he likes Crimson Skies the mechanics will feel familiar.
>>
>>59807435
Is there something you need to do beyond converting distances between the ratio of the two scales? 6 mm to 15 mm being a factor of 2.5.

This is actually an open question for any system. Under what situation would you not just be rescaling stuff? I mean beyond trivial cases like rounding for convenience. Wouldn't there need to be non-Euclidean stuff going on?
>>
>>59809804
It's from Stellar licensing, which is the society holding the rights to Confrontation and Sans-Detour. So yes, it's them.

https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/16525981
>>
>>59811363
What do you think, will Sans Detour win the claim? The Signum campaign doesn't seem to have any problematic designs, even if some of their other stuff outside of it does.
>>
>>59811726
They will as they have more money to spend on lawyers. This is literally what GW has done in the past. I imagine that Wrath of Kings, Legendarion, Drakerys, and others will be getting legal threats next. Kickstarter is ultimately too cowardly to exercise their own judgement as well.
>>
>>59811852
The whole thing is just so fucked up. From SD shitting on a great franchise that they bought for peanuts, to waiting for the KS to end so they don't tank themselves with negative publicity.
The only way Signum could win is by pointing out that their game is already existing in Russian and that this is just a way to localize it in foreign territories. Laws don't allow for destroying an already existing franchise, you need to protect your IP before that. That is why GW was in so much hurry to kill those guys who made inspired minis.
>>
>>59811726
I think the guys at Sans Detour sincerely hate LoS. You can't really prove anything, it's a fantasy setting. Even the Wulfen are not really a proprerty of Confrontation.
They simply want to do how much damage they can.
>>
>>59812476
Does anyone know of a mini line that gives off a Flash Gordon/ He-Man kind of Sci-fi vibe?
>>
File: 9781472818539_16.jpg (21 KB, 223x300)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Gaslands?
>>
>>59809838
>>59811038
Well turns out my local scend plays in 6mm. So I may just buy some CAV stuff to start.

>>59812476
This. They're trying to see what they can get away with.

>>59811852
They can't go after WoK. CMON has more money and can also out-lawyer them. Not to mention that WoK has been in production since before SD bought the Confrontation rights. I think CMON would have a pretty solid defense if SD came after them.
>>
File: 488[1].jpg (57 KB, 300x902)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>59814353
Yes please
>>
>>59814353
Sure. I keep thinking about playing.

Can ypu give us a rundown on how it all works?
>>
>>59740225
Can you elaborate on this? Does flintloque have similar designs? I looked on their sit and nothing jumped out at me
>>
>>59815359
Yeah they have some similar design elements. At least last time I looked. Sadly their models are pretty meh, so I didn't really investigate much further.
>>
File: Skeletors.jpg (75 KB, 781x535)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>59814336
Look for Hydra Miniatures.

Also, on Etsy there are literally miniatures of He-Man, by Quest Miniatures.
There is also a nice thread on Lead Adventure Forum, Masters of the Universe.
>>
>>59802489
Army Painter metallics are slightly better than Vallejo ones in my experience.
>>
>>59816486
My only experience with Vallejo metallics this far has been gunmetal and bronze. They both seem okay, although the bronze only really gets used on my Flames of War stuff for the time being.
>>
File: signum.jpg (172 KB, 679x960)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
I have no words
>>
>>59818717

I do

>>59798853

called it. Well so far a part of what I said was true
>>
>>59818717
Jesus man, this is gonna backfire on SD pretty hard I imagine. While they won't lose out on their Kickstarter; this will hurt their reputation. People didn't like when GW pulled this bullshit, why would they put up with it from a way smaller company?

Unrelated question: if I wanted to use CAV stuff for Horizon Wars but didn't want to use hex bases, since a good number of the models don't fit on them properly, what size round bases would be best? 30-40mm?
>>
>>59816486
The Model/Game Color metallics are so-so, but their Model/Game Air and Model Metallic lines are pure sex when it comes to the metallics. The new Mecha Color metallics are supposedly really good as well.
>>
>>59818717
It's like Harmony Gold going after Battletech all over again. I wonder if they will try to claim the rights to renaissance dudes with extraneous spirals and funny hats.
>>
I might be able to score a couple starters for EDEN. Can anyone recommend it? Honestly would rather put money towards that afterglow starter, but unsure.

On that note, sent the afterglow company an email like 2 weeks ago asking about their volunteer demo programs. Not a word since. Idk, sketchy.
>>
>>59818920
Horizone Wars page 10: "Any round, square or hexagonal base of a diameter of between 25mm and 35mm is probably a reasonable choice."
>>
>>59819165
>Harmony Gold going after Battletech
TRIGGERED.
>>
>>59819260
Great, thanks! I don't have access to the book right now since I'm at work.

Maybe I can grab some 32mm bases and fit the mechs on there. I may just go up to 40mm if people in my area are okay with that.
>>
>>59816486
Vallejo Model Color Gold (70.996) and Model Color Silver (70.997) are both fantastic. The gold especially so. It's replaced all other golds I've ever tried before. Can't recommend it highly enough.

I've always heard that Vallejo Model Color metallics were terrible and that they had so many issues and should be avoided like the plague while their Model Air metallics were the exact opposite so that's what I've been using in conjunction with Army Painter and Citadel. When I ordered some paints last, I needed to fill my cart with another handful, so I decided to pick up the Model Color metallics just to see and to confirm their issues and I'm really glad that I finally did. Apparently whatever the problem with them is, or was, no longer exists.
>>
>>59819265
It's probably not too far off considering that they are mostly claiming infringement based off of aesthetic similarities.
>>
>>59819331
See they have arms AND legs!
>>
>>59819307
I think that all of their metallics are good honestly. Though their Metal Color and Liquid Gold paints are especially good. The caveats being that Metal Color is mainly made for model airplanes so you won't have a lot of options for copper, gold, brass, ect., and that Liquid Gold is alcohol based.
>>
>>59819331
The best part about that is that they aren't even comparing the same shit.

The Locust is not the same as a Gluag: that would be the Marauder that isn't even *in* the new vidya.

The Atlas looks *nothing* like an Armored Valkyrie which is was the Wasp (or maybe the Stinger?) was based on.

And the Shadowhawk was originally from a torally different anime series, but they use the image of a Spartan Destroid which is what the Archer (likewise not in the new game) is based on.

It's like they didn't even fucking *try*. Then again, as it turns out HG doesn't actually own the rights to those imagines and designs either, so there's that.
>>
>>59819290
Horizon Wars rule on bases and what models you can use is pretty much: "Do what you want cause a pirate is free. You are a pirate."
>>
>>59819721
Good to know. Maybe grab some 40mm bases for mechs, and 25mm for vehicles and infantry.
>>
>>59819290
Larger bases are generally a handicap since LOS is mutual and you can't fit between stuff. I don't think people would ever complain about walkers on large bases since they can't really block LOS to screen other models. METAL BAWKSES land train things might be a different story...
>>
>>59819855
That's why I'm thinking of putting infantry, tanks and APCs on 25mm bases. And that's if I wanna base the land vehicles at all. I'd nees to get them in hand and see them with my own eyes before I make that call.
>>
Apparently Jung Pirates for Bushido are getting a creepy ass crab man.
>>
>>59820445
Neat.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1526775348098.jpg (78 KB, 660x770)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Looks like DreamPod9 is aware of demand for plastic fire support stuff and has updated their stretch goals to get people interested.
>>
>>59820665
Speaking of DP9, was looking at Gear Krieg... How's it play?
>>
>>59820952
Itbusea the old style of rules which are a fair bit clunkier than what Heavy Gear now uses.

Honestly I'd love to see GK make a comeback with the new rules system they use for HGB. Or a crossover with Flames of War would be neat.
>>
Does anyone here have any experience with Mecha Front models? They looks really fucking sweet, but the 6mm scaled stuff is like $15 a mech. Shame, too, because that just makes it too pricey for me to buy them.
>>
>>59820952
>>59821063
>WWII with tank crewed mechs
I need to know more.
>>
>>59821465
I loved that the walkers were like light tanks that could go from being a more traditional tank or walking on two legs for cool mecha funtimes.

If I remember heavier tanks like Panthers were still a thing because they were solid machines, while the walkers replaced lighter scout tanks like Stuarts (I think) and the Panzer II.

Which is why I'd love to see a FoW crossover, or a new GK in 15mm so I could use DoW models for regular infantry and tanks and shit like that.
>>
>>59821396
No, but when I started getting into Horizon Wars, I just went whole hog and grabbed like 3 sprues of the em4 plastic mechs. They look alright if you're willing to kitbash/put some work in.
I haven't gotten around to painting them yet though...
>>
File: Archer.jpg (12 KB, 356x142)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>59821584
Maybe this is going against conventional logic, but I've always thought that it makes more sense to use walkers as tank destroyers rather than as scouts.

The ability to change elevation seems like it would be really useful for ambushing enemy tanks and allow for the targeting of top armour
>>
>>59821595
I took a look at those. While cheap they don't really call to me.

I think I'll most likely be sticking with CAV stuff for the time being, although I keep looking for other 6mm stuff.

>>59821828
Mt knowledge of the fluff may be rusty, so I might be remembering it wrong.
>>
>>59821879
Not disputing your memory of that games lore, just commenting on walkers in general.
>>
File: pic338410.jpg (175 KB, 997x630)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
Not strictly alternative wargame, but I want to build a "high end" custom Heroquest set.

Looking at furniture from Zealot, minis from Red Box (though there a couple spots I still need to fill).

Not sure what I am going to do about the board, I could resort to Hirst Arts but that seems like a lot of work and not really cost effective.
>>
File: Uller-1.jpg (61 KB, 650x339)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>59821828
You're in luck, because tank hunting is an important part of their job. They use their superior mobility to take out tanks with an ambush, but cannot stand toe-to-toe with one in prolonged combat.
>>
Steamforged should just make skirmish rules to use their guild ball minis with. None of them look like they're playing football, and it would give people and excuse to buy teams whos GB playstyle they don't agree with.
>>
>>59822035
Hirst Arts with plaster is going to be the most cost effective bet outside of just using a printer to make 2D dungeon tales. Though if you have a 3D printer, 3D dungeon tales can be very economical.
>>
>>59822188
*tiles
>>
>>59822094
I think that GodTear is already supposed to be their non-sports skirmish game.
>>
>>59822094
I'm still convinced that was the original plan, and then they needed a gimmick and said "what about a sports game?" and decided to just run with it and now they're just seeing how much shit they can get away with.
>>
>>59822188

That's... A very fair point. I have a contact that prints for me at cost. Though finishing that many tiles would be a bitch.
>>
I really want to get into Spaceship wargaming. But I can't find a whole lot of manufacturers that go well together so I can make a bunch of different fleets. I really like this guy's stuff for the mix of variety and he does alot of good Hardish Science looking stuff.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/irrationaldesigns?section=Pocket+Empires&s=0

Does anyone have any hard and fast rules for finding and picking good manufacturers to make fleets with?
>>
>>59822469
It all depends on what you want in a fleet, really. There arr tona of options out there; from Full Thrust to Battletech to 0-hr.

Not to mention Firestorm Armada or Dropfleet Commander.

Just keep in mind most won't mix together so well.
>>
>>59822691
I thought Firestorm stopped existing? The website claims it's coming back but there hasn't really been an update.
>>
>>59820952
>>59821063
>>59822040
Any PDFs?
>>
>>59818717
To be completely fair, the Legends of Signum line is pretty clearly derivative of some Confrontation designs, particularly if you look into the human factions and the Wolfen being basically the same, with same proportions and same style even. Which is fully justifiable, especially considering that some of the artists working at Signum came from Rackham.
So, I can see SD's grounds, but nonetheless it's at the very least a dickish sucker punch.
>>
>>59822718
It has for the time being, but if you just want some big old spaceship models you can still get most of the line from online shops.

>>59822866
Wish I had one to provide. Winder if they sell GK books on Drive Thru...
>>
I love wrath of kings models, and the rules seem tight too.
Has anyone experience with the game?
Is the game ded or it has a (albeit small)following?
>>
>>59823411
It has a small following. Sadly CMON's shit distribution and promotion hasn't done it any favors.

Shame because it is a solid ruleset with some great models.
>>
>>59823228
It's no more of an infringement than Wrath of Kings or Drakerys. This stinks like another Chapterhouse lawsuit, as you can ultimately only own the rights for certain things.
>>
>>59822469
There's a little group out of my hometown trying to make a hard SF (by looks at least) game. Dark Edge Unlimited. They're on FB and have a shapeways page:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dark-edge-games

It's supposed to be modular mini design; grab a hull, add on the modules type stuff. Sounds neat, but haven't had a chance to look too closely at it.
>>
>>59824083
Doesn't stop people from trying to stomp out potential competition with any flimsy excusebthey can come up with.
>>
>>59825120
>tfw I wanted to back Legend of Signum

Sans Detour can suck my dick desu. Hope they crash and burn.
>>
File: gaslands.jpg (153 KB, 960x720)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>
>>59823228
"It looks similar!!" or "This is clearly inspired by our designs!!!" isn't how intellectual property works and I wish Paolo Parente upon SD for doing this. Maybe even Kevin Siembieda.
>>
>>59826262
Pretty nice. Where's that mat from, is it GW?
>>
>>59826529
>Wishing Paolo or Kevin on someone
Fuck dude, that's hardcore. I'd rather get cancer.
>>
>>59826262
Those are some nice autos, especially the big rig at the back
>>
File: gasland.jpg (156 KB, 960x720)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>59826541
It's from the facebook page of Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy.
They are custom toy I think

From the Legionary 2018 Gaslands demo run by the Exmouth Imperial Wargamers
>>
Hit the bump limit, new thread
>>59827584

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.