[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1517436427900.png (691 KB, 869x745)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
What is the most trollish shit you've ever done to your party or to a NPC?
>>
>>59748024
On multiple occasions I've recruited slaves or indentured servants into the party for a temporary duration, and then killed them by recklessly throwing them into harm's way.
That's about it.
>>
File: 1513495245653.png (1.23 MB, 788x872)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>59748024
This was more towards the GM.
>Playing an obnoxious CN Bard who makes sarcastic comments and sings annoying songs
>GM makes us discuss diplomacy between Werewolves who were destroying towns and the towns themselves
>Werewolve leader is a cunt
>Party is much too nice to him
>Sing a song about him being a cunt and keep getting his name wrong
His name was Robert or something but I kept calling him Roburrito, Scooby Doo, Ronnie, etc.
>GM tells me to cut it out since this is important
>I don't
>GM says negotiations have failed even though my party members were acing diplomacy checks
>Have to fight Werewolve king 1v1 due to their tradition
>Party agree since I'm being a dick (though I feel like I'm just playing in character)
>Everyone thinks I'm fucked
>Bestow Cure -> Hideous Laughter him
>He keeps failing WIS saving throws
>Crit TWICE
>He fucking DIES since he can't plead for mercy
>I become pack alpha since it's their tradition
>GM and party salty af that I "ruined the storyline"

One of my favorite moments.
>>
>>59748024
Why is Cell so perfect? Is it because he’s undefiled by the shit that’s Super?
>>
>>59749329
>Why is Cell so perfect?
Because he cock vored 17 and 18.
>>
>>59749203
This is fucking good anon, that’s classic shit.
>>
>>59749329
Because he has Goku's character, Piccolo's intellect and Frieza's ego.
>>
>>59749203
>Werewolve leader is a cunt
Why am I not surprised?
This is why I always stock up on silver weapons at the beginning of each campaign.
Vampires you can reason with, and Zombies are fucking ezpz, but werewolves? Fuck them.
>>
>>59749329
Because ArcSys refuses to nerf anyone voiced by Norio Wakamoto.
>>
>>59748024
One is constantly going off by himself to try do anime shit. Party constantly saying not to split up and asking why he does it. He gives the super cool and mysterious dude answers. Whatever, he will learn.

Let it happen for a while, first few times nothing major happens, then introduce some enemies he beats, then another few which he trounces. He gets really cocky and thinks he's all that, and he can't die or I won't let him. Start mentioning via NPCs that going out alone in the area the party is in is tantamount to suicide due to monster attacks. Cocky monk brushes this off.

He goes out at night, gets set upon by an absolute ravening horde of monsters, he is too far away to call for help, and gets ripped to pieces by them, eaten and dies knowing he wasn't all that.

He then rolls a cheesy as fuck min max character who is all about damage, and the campaign takes a sudden turn into the social aspects of the world, where fights are won with words over who can roll the most dice.

Needless to say, after another few weeks of this he learned his lesson and asked what he could do to be a better player. Growth via trolling.
>>
>>59748024
>Give a race a special trait that gives 1 free level if you pick a Warlock
>Player does such a thing
>His patron is a dick who keeps calling him gay
>Every time he calls on the patron for help play the dial up internet sound on speakers
>Other players laugh at him as he becomes a fucking meme
>Later on he enters a room and finds out that he never had a patron, it was just his mean brother using a magic device to mess with him
>Guy exits a portal saying "you're gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"
>Everyone is laughing while the player is shocked
>Tell him he loses one level
>Entire party on the floor shitting out of their nostrils
>Guy stands up and leaves the table for the rest of the day while messaging his girlfriend on the couch
>In the meantime hears everyone else playing and having fun, occasionally hearing someone saying "YOU'RE GAAAAAAAAAAAY"
>>
>>59750973
This is some good bait. Had to double take.
>>
>>59750973
What was the point of this? Was he a bad player? Or did you shit on him just because?
>>
>>59748024
Not giving them a level up after 8 months of playing once every week.
>>
File: f41.jpg (22 KB, 640x274)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>59750973
>His patron is a dick who keeps calling him gay

Was it a haunted plushie?
>>
>>59751466
Because I'm a piece of shit and an asshole and I will regularly do that to everyone.
One guy made a hot drow waifu. I gave her a disease that makes her puke all over herself every 5 hours.
One guy once tried to "shed a manly tear". I had him do a check for which he had to score 23, or else he'd have started crying and sobbing like a bitch in front of his mortal enemy. He failed.
One guy made a black Genasi. I introduced him as a literal Power Ranger, and when all his friends died coloured dinosaurs came out of nowhere, bumping into each other and dying too. He was supposed to be a chaotic evil mastermind wizard. He's now just a bad washed up Power Ranger.
One guy tried to kill a vampire by grabbing them and pushing them into a house they weren't invited in, while saying "welcome to your death". I didn't kill the vampire because I said "that's an invitation", and he was turned into a demonic squirrel with 1 HP.
A guy made a bald wood elf who wears goggles called "Riddick". He is now hunted down by a dwarf who drives the literal Flintstones car who's called Paul the Walker and keeps dying in accidents upsetting the guards.
>>
>>59749329
because everything after cell was hot garbage and didn't start to get "good" again until the writers started plagiarizing fanfiction.
>>
>>59751829
so randumb xd
>>
>>59751829
You sound like an edgy faggot, I hope your players have fun still. The vampire one was a pretty good idea until the random squirrel though.
>>
>>59748024
Have the Loot at the end of a dungeon fall into a Sphere of Annihlation via trap door. Fuckers took way too long, draggged out a 2 session dungeon into 5.
>>
>>59751892
The vampire was a bodybuilder with magic nipples who attacked by posing and turning his limbs into animals. It was a Jojo reference.

I'm running this campaign because I have 8 players and they've all had enough of standard D&D experiences and are looking for something new. So I use plenty of dumb shit. But amongst all that I wrote a genuinely good plot and let them do a lot of fun stuff.

It all originated from them hating their experience with another DM in Out of The Abyss and Curse of Strahd. I realized they didn't like 5e nor the D&D setting that much and they wanted some college humour fun. So that's what I gave them in the aesthetic and delivery.
>>
File: 1490064111697.jpg (147 KB, 580x863)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>59752019
Oh okay, sorry about the quick judgement. Have some fair maiden.
>>
File: 1523830401143.png (387 KB, 496x496)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
I set my players up to retrieve a macguffin a villain was trying to get a hold of. They managed to retrieve the macguffin, while the girl NPC they met told them
>I know a safe place where we can hide the macguffin
>Just follow me to a place where no one can find or see us
And then they do.
And then I reveal to then that the girl NPC they followed was a doppelganger who led them to her boss, the BBEG. The BBEG then placed a curse spell on them to go and collect more macguffins for him to become an invincible wizard, lest they die from their curse.
And that's our campaign premise.
>>
>>59748024
I made a tournament arc starting alternate universes and told them it’s going to be a battle royale but then had everyone dogpile them and barely fight each other. Also I slashed the animation budget.
>>
>>59751829
This sounds fun as fuck.
>>
>>59748024
Never got to do it, but i wanted to make an armor for a party member that could go full "not even my final form" and give buffs to the player and some changes in appereance but included an unavoidable sailor moon-esque transformation sequence, sparkles and rainbows included.
Then at the most dramatic moment reveal that there was a second way to activate it that skipped the whole thing.
>>
>>59751856
And zeta clones on BYOND.
>>
>>59751829
>dwarf who drives the literal Flintstones car who's called Paul the Walker and keeps dying in accidents
i fucking lost it lol
>>
My PC was compelled to begin every social interaction by smugly saying "well, well, well". Try it, they'll be insufferable. His self-satisfaction was the source of his power
>>
File: 1526069277015.jpg (44 KB, 537x810)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>59748024
Came up with a species of centipede with a shiny, golden exoskeleton. It curls itself into the perfect shape of an unmarked gold coin.

It eats coins and so its only goal is to find its way into a hasty player's coin purse.

It eats 1d4 coins per day, replacing them with larvae (look like silver coins), which mature into gold coins pretty fast.

If the player doesn't roll high enough to tell the original coin is faintly warm, doesn't care to set it aside as being a non-standard currency, and doesn't ever perceive his purse writhing, he might open it one day to have a glittering swarm of bugs explode out of it, leaving him bankrupt.

Which is exactly what happened.
>>
>>59748024
Made my players roll a strength check to pick up a relic worthe 50k gold, this was the first roll below check I did.
They failed and broke the relic
>>
I sent the party through a dungeon that had zero monsters, instead it was a bunch of annoying traps that did shit like knock them over, make them fall into pits and turn them around.

There was also a puzzle that made little sense and once they activated a chest dropped from the ceiling. To which they all thought it was the treasure.

They open it and it's only a letter saying "Beat you too it! ~ Garth"

they've never found this garth.
>>
As a GM:
I made a player find some engravings in a dungeon that made him believe that he was "the chosen one" in a silly prophecy. Turns out it was it was all a plan from a brainwashing cult to make him do all their evil work for him. He fell for it line, hooker and sinker.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.