[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Alleria.png (1.56 MB, 780x1023)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
Queen of Alt-Rock edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:>>60172498
>>
File: Female_Draenei_Mage.jpg (833 KB, 1754x2530)
833 KB
833 KB JPG
What I want to know is what Argus was like before the reign of Thal'kiel. What were Archimonde, Velen, and Kil'jaeden like as kids? What did the Eredar worship? Did they have spacefaring technology already? What were their holidays? What kinds of jobs did they do? What was automated? How long had it been since their last internal war?

More than that, what were the Eredar like in their infancy? How long ago did they come to exist? How long did it take them to reach their pre-Sargeras height?
>>
>>60216920
That will never be explored because it's irrelevant, an so are the Draenei.
>>
If Zul'jin really does get resurrected, how likely is it that he, Rokhan, and Talanji decide to share leadership of all of Trollkind as they function within the Horde?
>>
>>60217183
At least put some extra Archeology stuff for Draenei.
>>
>>60217280
Talanji might actually marry Zul and have troll babies with him if they met. Rokhan will never be more relevant than Falstad and none of the relevant trolls i.e. non-Darkspear will really like him.
>>
>>60217280
Unlikely, Zul'jin's kind of a turbo-autist about blood elves.
>>
>>60217831
>Zul
Meant Zul'jin. She probably already married Zul but that guy is a sterile faggot.
>>
>>60217831
Yeah, but Rokhan would really be more of the Horde spokesman (spokestroll?) within this new Empire of Zul within the greater Horde political structure, with Talanji representing the Zandalari and Zul'jin representing all the various other troll tribes that have been downtrodden and oppressed (aka every troll tribe except for the Zandalari and the Darkspear)

>>60217839
I mean, sure, but remember that Zul'jin isn't stupid. A formal alliance with the blood elves within the Horde would force his former enemies to treat him and his people with respect and proper breathing room.
>>
>>60217792
They are part of the human faction and humans are the only thing that matter. Don't think they could've made it any clearer.
>>
>>60216920
>What I want to know is what Argus was like before the reign of Thal'kiel.
Too irrelevant even for Draenei, in the time it took for the night elves to go from "Has yet to start existing" to "Staghelm is a raid boss" Velen managed to age what would be from 40 to 70 to us. Tens of thousands of years. It just doesn't matter.
>What were Archimonde, Velen, and Kil'jaeden like as kids?
See above
>What did the Eredar worship?
A little bit of ancestor worship, but the lack of shit to worship was part of their problem. They looked to the sky and space and saw nothing and were worried that they were alone out there. That's why Sargeras dropping by and saying "Hi" convinced so many of them to join.
>Did they have spacefaring technology already?
Nope. Their stuff put even what the nightborne have now to shame, but they weren't space capable until they started learning from the Burning Legion/Naaru depending on faction. The Vindicaar is the first draenei made of those ships.
>What were their holidays?
Do we know the holidays of ANY race?
>What kinds of jobs did they do?
On Argus we've seen historians, librarians, and some chick whose job it was to grow power crystals that could supply a house with power for a Draenei lifetime. So I imagine crystal farming and jewelcrafting were that much more important back on Argus just because of it.
>What was automated?
Home security apparently.
>How long had it been since their last internal war?
A fucklong time. The Triumvirate system was apparently very effective. Doesn't help that the draenei as a race had better shit to do.

Those last three probably happened so long ago THEY don't know what it was like to not be super advanced. The building of the pyramids would likely be more recent to us than their atomic age would be to them.
>>
Reminder that the lore went to shit after Warcraft 3
>>
>>60217974
>Horde spokestroll
You're kidding yourself if you think some TFT hardly ever speaking nobody would get more scene time than the new Princess Trollfu and old time favourite Zul'jin. Your mistake is thinking with setting logic instead of your dick when it comes to predictions for WoW.
>>
>>60216920

Is she wearing any underwear?
>>
>>60218939
I'd assume so?
>>
>>60218886
Of course Rokhan would be the most minor of the three, but I don't believe the Darkspear would allow themselves to be ruled by Talanji or Zul'jin without a Darkspear troll liaison speaking for them.

Plus, Rokhan is there to make sure that Talanji and Zul'jin don't try and break off and create their Empire of Zul separate from the Horde. Besides, his relevance lorewise in this council would be equivalent to that Wildhammer dwarf guy nobody cares about.
>>
>>60218979
> Besides, his relevance lorewise in this council would be equivalent to that Wildhammer dwarf guy nobody cares about.
Almost like that's exactly what was said in >>60217831
Being a "liason" without any screen time is basically the same as not existing because the writing doesn't account for things that aren't visible on screen. Prepare for the vanilla troll to go the way of the Night Elf.
>>
>>60219073
Nah, Rokhan would still be on screen.

He just wouldn't really say or do anything meaningful. He's there to show that the Darkspear, for jumping on the Horde train and staying with them, are far more well off than any other individual troll tribe.
>>
File: YrelHots.png (932 KB, 905x715)
932 KB
932 KB PNG
>>60216920
Bold move by HotS devs to release "Repent or Die" Yrel as the face of the Alliance for their BfA-hype event this summer. Do you think they got the memo she's a jihadist now?
>>
>>60219158
>He's there to serve no purpose because once joined with the Horde the other troll tribes like every other race will instantly turn into 100% unconditionally loyal to the Horde and its current Warchief
You tune out during game cutscenes and dialogue or something? I can understand why, but let's keep this intellectually honest.
>>
>>60219168
>Jihadist.
Man, it's been years since I could legitimately say "I don't think you know what that word means" to someone.
>>
>>60218939
Nope, the species has evolved beyond simple underwear.
>>
>>60219295
A jihadist or a mujahid is someone who participates in a jihad. A jihad is an aggressive campaign or war for an idea or religion.
What do you think it means?
>>
>>60219837
A 'muslim blowing themselves up' is my guess.
>>
>>60219837
A jihad is specifically an Islamic holy war, just as a crusade is specifically a Christian holy war. I'm not sure what other words other religions have for their holy wars, but I am sure those words exist.
>>
>>60219837
Well first that's wrong because a Jihad isn't a war or even aggressive by definition. A Jihad is a struggle or duty of the faith, whether against one's own desire to sin, a missionary trying to convert peacefully, or yes, the muslim equivalent of a crusade. Inner Jihads are also more important than an outer Jihad
Calling someone a "jihadist" by itself is meaningless.
A muslim monk struggling for inner peace after his friends die in an explosion is a "jihadist" as much as >>60220004
There's not really a word to describe what Yrel is because she's explicitly a warrior. No mental struggle, her cause just and purpose noble as far as she's concerned.
So she'd fit with the incorrect modern "Jihadist just means HOOOLY WAR!!!" Just as much as you could call her a Crusader.
Personally, my issue with it is that they're clearly Eastern Orthodox based so calling her by a muslim term is heresy in its own right.
>>
>>60220067
>clearly Eastern Orthodox based
Draenei are pretty clearly more gypsy than Russian. And Muslim gypsies are far from unheard of--hell, their nation of origin is 15% Muslim, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>60220102
Exarch is literally an old leadership rank in the Eastern Orthodox church. It's even being used right where there's a bunch of Exarchs overseeing their own theaters of draenei culture and territory. The main difference is that Orthodox Exarchs usually weren't military leaders.
>Gypsys
How did you even draw that conclusion? Everyone's always called them Russian Space Goats for a reason.
>>
>>60220102
>>60220157
Also I forgot my obligatory "But Draenei can't be rogues" joke.
>>
Oh good, /wowrpgg/ has been invaded by illiterate autists and illiberal apologists because of a word.

>>60220029
A crusade is something like the Scarlet Crusade, a jihad involves forced conversion which is exactly what the AU Draenei are doing.
>>60220067
I don't give a damn what you consider heresy.
>>
>>60220220
I'm just telling the truth. A Jihad is anything from a crisis of faith, to resisting the urge to sin, to defending the faith from force and aggression.

War Jihads aren't even as respected in Islam, it's a "Low" jihads compared to the Faith reaffirming "High" Jihads
>>
>>60219168
>Because Islam is the only religion to have ever had a holy war.
Besides she's just speaking to the orcs in their language: "Nearly genocidial superviolence"
>>
>>60220295
But that's not what she's doing. She's enforcing a fundamentalist faith on them, not committing genocide. By the moral framework of Warcraft that's actually worse.

>>60220253
Righteous deception is not and has never been truth.
>>
>>60220379
You misunderstand.
"Do what I say or I hit you with my hammer" is perfectly understandable orcish. Hence the "Nearly" in "Nearly genocidal super-violence" she got most of her converts peacefully anyway. It's the stragglers that are getting the hammer. Because Orcish.
>>
>>60220253
Look buddy, that 'religion of peace' bullshit kinda falls flat on its face when Islam is systematically and by far the most violent religion in the world. Violence, hatred, and depravity are built into the very core of Islam.

And before you bring up "But muh Christians and Crusades and priests touching boys!", remember that Christianity went through a Reformation, the Crusades were largely retaliatory in nature, and priests who touch boys are harshly punished in secular law when discovered, while Islamic grooming gangs go unpunished.
>>
>>60220170
Don't the Rangari fill that role with them being scouts and infiltrators?

Sure they look like hunters, but they should be rogues too.
>>
>>60220453
Please, don't continue. I feel partially responsible for even bringing up jihad in the first place and am willing to defend my position, but I don't want this thread to become a battlefield against tekiyah. It's boring and trite and when you tell them to kill themselves they take a bunch of innocent people with them.

>>60220410
Do you have confirmation that she got most of her converts peacefully and -this is important- without deception?
>>
>>60220453
I honestly don't care, if you're going to use a word, use it right.

>>60220495
The wording in the quest was that the conversions started peacefully, all the way up to what everyone keeps assuming is AU Garrosh. There wouldn't be any deception necessary since the orcs aren't against worshipping the Light, just Fel. It just ramped up to force over time.
>"But without demons to fight, the draenei became fixated upon their precious Light.
Their naaru masters compelled them to spread their influence among the orcs. A few converted willingly. Others had the Light forced upon them.
>Some orcs even sided with the draenei against their kin... even the warchief's own son was lost! We call these traitors Lightbound."
So basically it reads like "She got a few converts, then started war, which lead to a whole fuckton of orcs joining willingly and more than a few being forced to convert."
The Lightbound orcs in the scenario seem to be all willing converts.
>>
>>60220495
>>60220557
A few more lines of note from said Lightbound Orcs:
>Join us in the Light, brothers and sisters!
>The time of Grommash is past. Embrace a new future!
>The Light saved us. It can save you, too!
>The High Exarch only wishes the best for us all!
>>
>>60220557
So yes, she started a war to convert everyone to her fundamentalist religion. A jihad for short.
As opposed to a crusade, which would be characterized by war of conquest motivated by the religious significance of a region.
>>
>>60220557
>>60220569
If you honestly believe that most of the lightbound orcs are willing converts then you must be new to blizzard's writing
>>
>>60220557
>She got a few converts, then started war, which lead to a whole fuckton of orcs joining willingly
If she started a war then it's obvious that she didn't get her converts peacefully.
>>
>>60220604
>>60220619
I screwed up the greentexting, but all of that was supposed to be direct quotes from the scenario

>>60220604
>Some orcs even sided with the draenei against their kin... even the warchief's own son was lost! We call these traitors Lightbound."
That's not "They are brainwashed, we have to save them" language.

>A few converted willingly. Others had the Light forced upon them.
>Some orcs even sided with the draenei against their kin...
She got a few converts, then war started, then a bunch of orcs turned traitor to join her. She got plenty of willing converts in between the unwilling.
>>
>>60220557
>I honestly don't care, if you're going to use a word, use it right.
No-one here is obligated to adhere to the self-serving definitions of liars. We may use the word scornfully to refer to heinous campaigns orchestrated to stifle free will under threat of death and violence with no risk to honesty.
>>
>>60220662
Mate. It's blizzard writing. That greentext statement could mean a dozen things, including the exact opposite of the most obvious meaning.
>>
>>60220662
Since you're repeating yourself.
If she started a WAR then it's obvious that she didn't get her converts PEACEfully. Unless you're from Oceania, in which case shouldn't you be doing your morning exercise right now?
>>
>>60220704
True, but that means you shouldn't be surprised when it goes off the expected path, not that you should throw your own logic out of the window. Otherwise there's no point to these speculations.
>>
>>60220569
>"The time of Grommash is past."
>not "The age of Grommash is over. The time of the Light has come"
>>
>>60220723
But she did get converts peacefully, just not the majority of them.
I suppose I'm misusing "peacefully" with "She didn't force all of them, more than a small amount joined willingly"

>>60220735
They're orcs, the whole "eloquently speaking of the Light" thing is new to them
>>
>>60220731
It's not gonna do that though. Especially since they want to make the setting more "Morally gray" and making an group of an alliance race that aren't part of the alliance is a good way to do that without actually doing it.
>>
>>60220763
Peacefully means no war you shit-eating idiot.
A declaration of war is an act of aggression. It's a clear threat on life and a forceful motive for conversion. Anyone who converted during the war itself was not a willing convert.
>>
>>60220794
Read the second sentence, I admit I was using the word "Peacefully" wrong.
But you can't say WILLING turncoats were forced to join. Like, look up any traitor in History, were they FORCED to take up arms against their people? Was Benedict Arnold being forced by the British to turn on the Revolutionary army? No, because part of being a traitor involves quite a bit of willingness by definition.
>>
>>60220819
Turning traitor is not the same as conversion. A traitor is only betraying their people, a conversion would be a betrayal of self. A conversion that is done under any duress does not have the spiritual purity to be considered willing of faith, which returns us to the subject of why this is a jihad. It is a destruction of free will by forcing and forcefully motivating conversion to a fundamentalist faith. It is not a mission of peaceful or willing conversion.
>>
>>60220862
And in this case the orc traitors received a gift for turning and became the Lightbound.
They willingly joined Yrel, and willingly accepted the Light because of it.
You can say the nonlightbound orcs that were crushed under her hoof were forced to worship the Light, but the Lightbound? No they joined and converted willingly. Just like when Kilrogg and friends betrayed Grommash and accepted the Fel from Gul'dan
>>
>>60220882
So does that mean the army of the light is gonna fill the power vacuum left by the burning legion?
>>
>>60220895
Yes. Expect them to lightforge entire worlds of ex-demons at a time. Paladins will be given a pet spec where they use these new lightforged demons. Finally, your paladin can have his holy succubus.
>>
>>60220882
>And in this case the orc traitors received a gift for turning and became the Lightbound.
I don't think you even understand what a fucking conversion is. This is a world where divine power is a confirmed, real thing that has important bearing on the life and afterlife of any individual. Being forced to convert, being bribed to collaborate in conversion, anything that sullies the spiritual significance of the faith itself does not constitute a willing conversion of faith.
And yes, it isn't different to how the orcs were deceived to serve the demons, and it's just as much of an atrocity.
>>
>>60220974
So let me get this straight: Yrel's over there going "Join me, join the LIIIGHT!" and a bunch of Orcs liked the idea of joining her enough that they said "Yeah, that's a good idea." And, knowing that she was offering the hand of the light, went and joined her. But according to you, for some reason that doesn't count as them willingly converting to the Light? Because...what? She was fighting Orcs at the time? The Lightbound aren't orcs who she defeated and had surrendered to her. They weren't bribed. They're orcs who left their clans to join her army, and came back Light infused to fight their people and shout "Join us! Join us!" at them.

Also the LIGHTBOUND ORCS voice lines in >>60220569 sound pretty much like those orcs believe in Yrel and the Light pretty unwaveringly.
>>
>>60220157
They have Roma accents and they're a nomadic people pursued by prejudice. Hell, their dances even fit with an Indic origin. I've never heard anyone call them Russian until this thread.
>>
Reminder that the Light doesn't do half-measures.
>If you're in, you're in.
>If you've got doubts, fuck off.
>If you reaffirm your beliefs/faith/philosophy/whatever, then welcome back and here's a complementary boost as well.
>>
>>60221043
It doesn't count because she started a war to get them to convert. It's a forceful act to motivate conversion external to faith and there's nothing arbitrary about it.

>sound pretty much like those orcs believe in Yrel and the Light pretty unwaveringly.
Gosh, I wonder why. Maybe because their minds have been microwaved with her forced conversion? They don't call them LightBOUND for nothing, and if you haven't taken a hint yet the Light has been confirmed as of Legion to be usable as a brain wipe tool. "Join us!" is the warcry of a mindless zealot, not a truly faithful paladin.
>>
>>60221069
Who on earth says they're Roma? They've been memed russian for a while now. Draenei being "Vaguely russian aliens" has been the meme since they arrived. Even the Yrel quote videos on youtube for her new release have comments like "That russian accent".
>>
>>60221069
> I've never heard anyone call them Russian until this thread.
Come on, now you're just lying. And for no discernible reason I might add, since we've already successfully established that the AU Draenei are jihadists and it doesn't matter at all wether they're Slavic or Roma.
>>
>>60221095
>Dealing with orcs
>Not starting a war to show your point.
Betcha they didn't believe the light was worth worshiping till she conquered a village or two in its name.
>>
>>60221142
Probably because that's fucking horrible subhuman orcish logic that has no place in the advocation of the Light and its principles.
The first thing we're doing after liberating the Horde from yet another monstrous Warchief is sending our forces through the Portal to stop this alien menace before it threatens Azeroth and it's true Light worshipers.
Holy Crusade expansion confirmed.
>>
>>60221095
Lightbound is the mag'har insult for Yrel's orcish forces though. It may as well be "Lightheads" or "Lightjunkies"
>Not a truly faithful paladin
Oh, I'm just arguing with a HFY paladin-fag who's having trouble accepting that he's about to be out-paladin'd by a bunch of orcs. That's hilarious.
>>
>>60221199
>That's hilarious.
It's funny you should say that because standard operating procedure at Blizzard HQ is that humans win at everything, so I hardly have a need to feel threatened. But here you are for over an hour trying to defend Lux Vulting of innocents and forced conversions and giving both paladins and Alliance a bad rep by proxy. Are you a falseflagger by any chance? We've been getting a lot of these this year.
>>
>>60221095
>No duress to join. Could, should, and would fight for their people, but instead choose to put their faith in Yrel and the light and follow her.
Still doesn't sound forced to me.
>>
>>60221297
Well you might be a retard then, since you don't understand that a state of war is duress.
>>
>>60221309
Then why didn't they fight alongside their people instead of joining Yrel against their own people?
>>
>>60221192
>he thinks the Alliance can ever beat the Horde, let alone make Sylvanas answer for her crimes.

The Horde is destined to win, if by nothing else than their traditions and rules- the fact that the Horde as a concept can exist without orcs. The Alliance and their leader are so tightly tied to humans that any other race is unthinkable.

There could be a human Warchief, if they beat the previous Warchief in a mak'gora or were chosen by them to lead.
There will never be a nonhuman High King, no matter how loyal and well liked a character is.
>>
>>60221365
That isn't a relevant question to the topic of conversion. A conversion under threat, whether resisted or submitted to, is not a willing conversion of faith. It is at most a willing betrayal of their people, but the conversion of faith is by fact of an external motivator not voluntary.
>>
>>60221418
So is a priest preaching to you not an external motivator? They are forcefully telling you that everything you believe is wrong and that THIS is the right way.
>>
>>60221383
The sad thing is that two years from now you'll just deny that you ever said this.
>>
Why is it than whenever paladins become the subject these threads get stupid?
>>
File: 742406.jpg (927 KB, 4806x1920)
927 KB
927 KB JPG
Who's ready for the half-naked barbecue?
>>
>>60221428
If the preaching isn't threatening, it doesn't constitute a use of force outside of the laughable definitions of illiberal "microaggressions". A deception would not either constitute force, but would also count as an unwilling conversion. Ultimately only communication of truths may be considered as a willing conversion of faith. This communication can be done through example or preaching but cannot contain external factors such as bribery or coercion because, once again, those things have nothing to do with belief of the faith itself.
>>
>>60221485
>Wake up from 10,000 year nap to the smell of bacon.
"Huh, what's cooking?"
>>
>>60221498
>only communication of truths
>truths
What they believe to be truths and delivered in a manner they believe you'll be most receptive too.
>>
>>60221485
Are they making racial outfits for everyone?
>>
>>60221485
here's hoping someone repays the hordies... with interest
>>
>>60221541
Yes, if they aren't truths and they compromise those truths for reception in some misguided notion of "at least it's a conversion" then it isn't a conversion of faith. A pretty big factor to why I'm not Christian; if someone tries to convert me without mentioning God they're lying about their faith, and if someone does mention God they're lying about everything else.
The difference is that at least internal to WoW the Light is both real and imperfect, making it a much more tangible subject of belief.

>>60221450
Just wait until President Trumanfag shows up.
>>
>>60221450
Human paladin players are just really that insufferable.

I'm an undead hunter. I know as a hunter I'm often retarded, and as Forsaken I'm a bit too willing to unite all the races of Azeroth in equality... in undeath hopefully.

But at least I can admit that I can be short sighted and overly hopeful of alliances sometimes. Human paladin players seem to think they're perfect.
>>
>>60221485
I'm fairly certain the lead up to this, the act itself and the resulting 'consequences' on both sides will be suitably retarded enough to give me at least a few months of entertaining fan rage, outcry and tears from both sides. This whole farce of a trainwreck is well and truly fascinating.
>>
>>60221598
>as Forsaken
Right. Pardon me if I don't feel guilty being judged by the youtube comments section of races >>60205606.
>>
>>60221543
Supposedly that's the new Night Elf Archer set, based on the old Vanilla Opening Cinematic design for the Nelf therein.
>>
>>60221875
But she was a druid... Nelf archers have cloaks and heavy boots.
>>
File: 59110230.png (93 KB, 270x231)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>60221549
>Maiev remains neutral
>>
>>60221875
Shame. Heritage sets for all races would be cool.
>>
>>60222373
I hope they make Vareesa neutral too
>>
>>60222401
Maiev alone can pretty much take on anything the Horde has to offer, she's the best fighter on Azeroth now that Illidan has fucked off. Vereesa's feats other than giving birth to fuck ugly bucktooth halflings include crying and being a traitor.
>>
File: maiev.png (1.18 MB, 1280x1691)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>60222414
>she's the best fighter on Azeroth now that Illidan has fucked off
or was she trying her best to impress illidan?
>>
File: 1521504926405.png (2.13 MB, 2195x1145)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>60222451
Post more cutes of Maiev and Illidan.
>>
>>60222414
I'm a bit skeptical as to if she's acutally the best. I feel like there are several people on both sides that could beg to differ.
And weren't locked in a damp cell recently
>>
>>60216092
>Salty helfag is at it again
>>
>>60222579
Saurfang has no way of keeping up with Maiev. He's a good general, but as a fighter? See the cinematic where he gets tossed around by Genn Greymane. He's on the backfoot against Malfurion. Maiev can take Malfurion.
>>
>>60222721
Saurfang isn't even a good general, he's never won a war with any less than overwhelming force (ie. the PCs) and lost the defence of the Undercity despite having a massive material advantage, then surrendered to Anduin 10 seconds after screaming "my life for the Horde"
>>
File: 1526801159210.jpg (243 KB, 2048x2048)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
Why can't Blizzard ever develop new and interesting characters, with real effects on the world and the way we see the races?
>>
>>60222863
because
>if they're Horde characters, Alliance players would cry about Horde bias
>if they're Alliance characters, Alliance players would whine that their faction is being written in a way they don't like
>if they're neutral characters, Alliance players would whine that they aren't Alliance characters
>>
>>60222975
Blizzard doesn't understand how companies function. They try to appease everyone that they end up pleasing no one. Just do. The peasants will flock to what is good.
>>
>>60223030
Or I should say, the WoW team, coming from how their numbers are tanking and Blizzard has literally no idea on how to stem the tide from just appeasing everything the playerbase has ever asked for, trying to cover up their mistakes.
>>
>>60223030
Honestly, They're making enough bank on Overmeme and hearthshit that they should be able to afford to take risks in wow. Who cares if they scare off whiners, they need to go anyways
>>
>>60222863
What is Yrel?
>>
>>60223056
Varian with tits
>>
>>60222863
It's funny that you posted a picture of Nightborne, because their characters were universally well-received. Thalyssra was genuinely likeable, Oculeth was an eccentric grandpa, Valtrois was a cute tsundere, Runas made me tear up in a game not known for emotional investment. It's a crime that they're not particularly involved in BfA. Maybe they should have gone the Khadgar route and left them neutral, and made Suramar the new Dalaran.
>>
>>60223081
But you can't deny that she changed the way people look at Draenei and that she had a big impact on the story
>>
>>60223097
nah, people already jerked off to draenei before
>>
>>60220453
It amuses me how most people forget the Baltic when talking about crusades. Those were sanctioned wars of aggression with the clear goal of converting the people of Livonia, Prussia and Lithuania.
>>
>>60223102
It's not about jerking off. They used to be a horrible goody two shoes race, and now they're controversial, running the spectrum from prophets of peace and reconciliation to brainwashed Light SA.
>>
>>60223118
The funniest thing is that the crusaders still had their asses kicked by the Rus, who were, at this very moment, being raided by the Mongols from the other side. Prussians were horrible soldiers and only ever won a war against literal hunter-gatherers.
>>
>>60223056
>Completely boring and blah character for her entire expac
>B-buh she's all cool now off-screen!
Try again.

>>60223090
That's why I side effect. Thalyssra is a giant hypocrite and if Lor'themar and Liadrin have no say in Horde politic why do you think she will? Her lieutenants are even more useless and background and will maybe pop up in an expac or two like Rommath, but will otherwise be regulated to that one Highborne night elf guy who does nothing and is no one.
>>
File: 1522815419452.jpg (106 KB, 1080x968)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>60223219
Thalyssra's only flaw is that she willingly wanted the Nightwell to die.
>>
>>60223139
>>60223118
He literally mention prussia in his post. Native prussians were pagan, the Teutons(as they would adopt the name 'prussian' only after they controlled the entire area practically) were all german and would only RECRUIT german soldiers and knights. They didn't even fight the Rus. Muscovy was often their allies you retards, they fought the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth for most of their history, or some variation of that state. They were started off Denmark had already scrapped off a piece of Estonia and gave them the island of Gotland to work off of and convert.

You will note that they did their job to such efficiency that all of Poland converted and eventually they just started attacking them because the Polish Kings protected the last of the pagans in their realm. They were often far out manned in these battles as well. Literal lorelets here people.
>>
>>60223219
Valtrois is your follower in BfA and Oculeth helps recruit the Mag'har orcs by teleporting you to Draenor (and then creates a teleport network in Zuldazar). If anything, it's Thalyssra who does very little.
>Thalyssra is a giant hypocrite
Nope. Deal with it.
>Lor'themar and Liadrin have no say in Horde politic
No one does but Sylvanas. Same with Alliance and Anduin, except he does whatever Genn tells him to do. There's no collective decision making in Azeroth you can tell the game was made in America
>>
>>60223236
Why was the Nightwell even a thing? How the fuck did you get a vial of the well of eternity into the SUPER SECURE AREA DO NOT ENTER?

And why the fuck did they retcon the light and say it works with Arcane to *poof* fix the Sunwell? That would require another pure vial from the Well of Eternity. Which the Night Elves would not give under pretty much any circumstance unless the Blood Elves all converted and they could build Night Wells and Sentinel encampments probably.

But no, ass-pull Sunwell personified herself into a person.. What does this even mean. Is Elune the well of eternity? Did we already meet Azeroth all along, or an aspect of her? Why the fuck is her name Azeroth when thats just the name of one fucking continent?

So many questions. So stupid. Really hurts my mind. The dumbest thing is that why didn't Archimonde just go and conquer the Nightwell and use it to summon Kil'jaeden. How the fuck did Gul'dan even summon the Legion without the well of eternities power.
>>
File: 1510770280843.png (635 KB, 931x529)
635 KB
635 KB PNG
>>60223296
>he thinks the Nightwell was associated with the Well of Eternity
>he thinks Light and Arcane didn't work together before TBC
Why do we let lorelets on this general?
>>
>>60223296
Nightwell has absolutely nothing to do with the Well of Eternity. It derives its magic power from the natural ley lines of Azeroth. It's ingenious, really, how the elves manage to recreate the work of the titans with their very limited means.
>>
>>60222593
Wut?
>>60223219
>This why I side effect
You're not making anything resembling a refutal here, just whining about red Nightborne in a slightly different way.
>>
>>60223296
>But no, ass-pull Sunwell personified herself into a person.. What does this even mean. Is Elune the well of eternity? Did we already meet Azeroth all along, or an aspect of her? Why the fuck is her name Azeroth when thats just the name of one fucking continent?
Are you autistic? You sound autistic.
>>
I am so glad I abandoned modern Warcraft and only play on private servers now

This shitshow is both amazing and horrifying
>>
>>60224838
I hear you.
But on a private server you get no lore, and I don't know if that'd be much better.
>>
>>60224861
You get plenty of lore

You get all the lore of the prior versions of WoW, depending on what private server you're playing on. Stuff like the Onyxia attunement questline or the Battle for the Undercity

Sure it's not progressing, but static and good is probably better than moving and bad
>>
>>60224900
If static and good is better than moving and bad, why play WoW when you can just play the WC3 RoC campaign?
>>
>>60224900
But that shit's already happened
It's not lore, it's history
And you're stuck in time forever
>>
>>60222721
>Maiev can take Malfurion.
>Maiev can take literally the most powerful Druid on Azeroth
>Maiev can take the guy that had the entire Horde yelling "MALFURION OP PLZ NERF!" During the Assault on Teldrassil
>B-But she wins all the time against Malfurion in HotS
Malfurion in HotS is willingly nerfing himself by playing Resto instead of Balance.
>>
>>60223253
>Valtrois is your follower in BfA and Oculeth helps recruit the Mag'har orcs by teleporting you to Draenor (and then creates a teleport network in Zuldazar). If anything, it's Thalyssra who does very little.
Thalyssra was one of the hordes raiding the Stockades.
Personally I'm waiting for the Lightforged to do something, since the Alliance decided to bring Miss "Holy is a DPS spec, watch me top the charts"
>>
>>60223324
>he thinks the Legion would give a fuck about the 2nd well of eternity if you can just create magic sources out of thin air

So why again did the legion want the Nightwell? Right now? What changed in the last ten thousand years? Why was the Nightwell invented? how?

There's literally no arguments in favour of blizzard. It's just massive retcons and on the fly stuff. They don't even care anymore, why do you?

I used to be a big wow lore buff. Half the stuff I used to know has been outright rewritten or is just wrong nowadays. Sad.
>>
>>60223253
>Liadrin and Lor'themar have no say in Horde politics.

I highly disagree. Part of how the Horde works is bonds based on consent and strength.

Any individual Horde city is free to leave the Horde whenever they wish, but given the Alliance's track record they wouldn't fare well on their own.

Sylvanas has to listen to the concerns and complaints of Baine and Lor'themar, or risk mutiny or rebellion.

Anduin can pretty much ignore Tyrande and the Council of Three Hammers- there's no risk of conflict because the Alliance as a whole are far too passive.
>>
>>60224922
Because I like the lore of early WoW

I mean, I like RoC too, I replay tht every now and then, but it's a very impersonal look at the world. Early WoW really felt like it was letting me glimpse what ordinary people in this world were like
>>
>>60225115
>It's just massive retcons and on the fly stuff.
Most of what people call retcons don't directly contradict prior content and there's nothing wrong with developing the setting with more stuff without spoonfeeding your ass with technical explanations.
>Half the stuff I used to know has been outright rewritten or is just wrong nowadays. Sad.
Yes, it's pretty sad that you ever held up "big wow lore buff" as some kind of achievement and thought a setting that had already undergone numerous changes before even getting to WoW would stay perfectly still in your comfort zone.

>So why again did the legion want the Nightwell?
Play the Suramar storyline or leave the thread. It's obvious you don't actually want answers, you want the questions to go away.
>>
>>60225115
It wasn't created out of thin air, it was a Nexus of Azeroth's leylines, much like the original Well of Eternity, but much smaller and weaker. The Legion hasn't been invading for the last 10,000 years is what changed. They invaded in TBC and tried to use the Sunwell, but that didn't work. So move on to the next well.
They also go for Elfwells when they do invade so they can just summon Sargeras. The Nightwell was made because the nightborne are Azsharan social class night elf sorcerers who hig themselves in a bubble because they thought the world outside was ending, so of course they made their own mini Well of Eternity to sustain their civilization. How? Magic leylines that redirect magic into it. We literally redirect half of them to grow a giant magic arcane tree.
It makes perfect sense on the surface, and it makes more sense as you read about it. You honestly sound more like you're whining just because it's new.
>>
>>60225120
>I highly disagree.
You highly disagree with facts?
>Sylvanas has to listen to the concerns and complaints of Baine and Lor'themar, or risk mutiny or rebellion.
Mutiny or rebellion isn't a form of having a say in Horde politics and considering the shit Sylvanas has pulled off on her own subjects lately it's going to come to exactly that.
Liadrin and Lor'themar have no -say- in Horde politics. They'll get to be background characters in the inevitable Sylvanas raid and that's it.
The version of a Horde bonds based on consent died when Sylvanas became warchief. This idea of a Horde does not EXIST anymore.
>>
>>60222488
Sauce?
>>
>>60227281
seconding
>>
>>60221543
It's just what NPCs are wearing now. There's no confirmation about it being available for our characters.
>>
>>60222863
>Why can't Blizzard ever develop new and interesting characters, with real effects on the world and the way we see the races?
They can but each time a new character is introduced it's automatically "literally-who-character". Any real effect on the world is "ruined" or "not muh".
>>
File: Priest_preview_Shadow.jpg (149 KB, 960x480)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>"Sargeras stabbing the planet was a gift"
Oh boy here we go.
>>
>>60231281
I can't wait until based Alleria revives Y'shaarj and destroys Azeroth. That'll show the Horde
>>
File: Nelf haji.png (1.31 MB, 1069x1000)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>60219168
>MFW you can't have Nelves purging unbelievers or suicide bombing Horde settlements.

I guess I'll settle with Naaru Ackbar.
>>
File: Varian Wrynn rule 63.jpg (87 KB, 420x504)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>60223081
Yrel wasn't manufactured to be a Thrall-equivalent for a playable faction due to a lack of story-writing passion.
>>
>>60219168
>first of all, the only thing Draenor "deserves" is a mana bomb holocaust
>>
>>60230332
>furry trolls

get out.
They don't look like that in game, they don't look like it in cinematics, and they don't look like it in the art.
A lorebite that says they're furred for no damn reason doesn't stack up against them never being depicted like that.
>>
File: Grommash_wallpaper.jpg (275 KB, 778x701)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
Can the alliance stand up to the might of the horde..and the few orc factions that didnt suck off guldan's fel-dick of the iron horde?
>>
So how many Horde players here are hoping that the Alliance get Sethrak? I do, if only because they're cool and the Alliance deserves something cool every now and then.

Plus, if you use the Sethrak skins on Worgen skeletons, then you'd have the perfect counterpart to the Vulpera skins using Goblin skeletons.
>>
>>60221549

Maiev "Paving My Personal Path of Glory for the Kaldorei" Shadowsong
>>
>>60235540
It'd be kind of an ass pull if they did. Personally I'm hoping neither side gets either, but that seems unlikely
>>
>>60235540
Honestly I’m stoked about playing a vulpera. Fuck everyone’s negativity, they look cool. Don’t really care what the alliance get. Sethrak could be cool, but I don’t honesty see them becoming playable
>>
File: warcraft.jpg (1.81 MB, 5000x2008)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
How would you structure the alliance and horde if you were a designer from the beginning?

Mine:

Alliance

Human
Dwarf
Gnome
Undead
Blood Elf
Draenei

Horde

Orc
Troll
Goblin
Tauren
Night Elf
Ogre

Alliance Allied Races

Vrykul
Dark Iron Dwarf
Mechagnome
Undead Elf
Void Elf
Lightforged Draenei

Horde Allied Races

Mag'har
Zandalari
Drogbar
Highmountain Tauren
Nightborne Elf
Gronn
>>
>>60236181
I'd prefer they added Drakkari, Farrak and Amani to the Horde.
>>
>>60236445
Then the horde would have started with three big guy races
>>
>>60235540
I would play them regardless of the side they're with but it would be extremely retarded and awkward considering their story with the zandalari and the horde, unless the playable sethrak are the exiled faithless who refused to join the devoted and their loa after Korthek's defeat.
>>
>tfw can't make an absolutely stacked Dark Iron lady

I wish there were more options during character creation.
>>
>>60235701
>Maiev "Using my Glaive to Fill a Mass Grave" Shadowsong
>>
>>60236480
For you.
>>
>>60216092
Tell me fellow anons, what's the best class and why is it Druids?
>>
File: thisalee.png (1.62 MB, 2430x2398)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>60238683
you know why
>>
>>60235540
>I do, if only because they're cool and the Alliance deserves something cool every now and then.
How about you fuck off with the patronisation? Alliance get Stromgarde, Kul Tiras, Dark Irons and Void Elves, and we're going to win an entire expansion of plot. Superfiscial shit is for Horde only and we don't need your goddamn pity.
>>
bump
>>
>>60238683
Best pre-cata anyway, back before they started shoving sun-shit on to them
>>
Why is Nathanos so mean? I just want to do quests and he keeps shitting all over me like I kicked his dog or something.
>>
>>60242297
because every second he has to babysit you is a second he's not spending plowing Sylvanas' ice cold, maggot-infested pussy
>>
>>60242297
elf pussy
>>
Do any of the novels or quest in the game ever mention goblin prositutes ?
>>
>>60242628

Only mentions I can think of were in a few books for the RPG, which aren't canon.
>>
>>60238453

I will never get tired of thinking up Maiev nicknames.
>>
>>60237117
I mean, the dwarf ladies are pretty stacked to begin with...
>>
File: Real-Draenei.png (195 KB, 454x444)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>60236181
I would still give the Horde Blood Elves and Undead. I'd just spend more time characterizing their relations. I honestly don't mind them on the Horde. I don't mind Night Elves on the Alliance either, I mind the poor characterization. I'd probably give them Furbolg and real Draenei too.

Real Draenei, Furbolg, and Night Elves can be the Western Alliance.
>>
File: 1513240541289.png (3.11 MB, 777x1396)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PNG
>>60242825
>Maiev "demon destroyer" Shadowsong
>Maiev "terror of Teldrassil" Shadowsong
>Maiev "blugeon the blood elf" Shadowsong
>Maiev "nuke the naga" Shadowsong
>Maiev "satyr slasher" Shadowsong
>Maiev "hang the highborn" Shadowsong
>Maiev "teldrassil's reckoning" Shadowsong
>Maiev "avatar of vengeance" Shadowsong
>>
>Zul'Aman trailer gets a fanmade remaster
The universe is speaking to us.
>>
>>60244513
>Maiev will never be in charge of the night elves

Why even live
>>
>>60220763
>Sargeras was weak! Witness true powe!
>>
>>60242316
why do all three windrunner sisters have human boyfriends?
>>
File: maiev2.jpg (116 KB, 734x1088)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>60244513
>Maiev "Demonlayer" Shadowsong
>>
>>60245212
human potential

I'm okay with it
>>
>>60245212
Most likely some kind of genetic defect.
>>
File: haha haa.jpg (18 KB, 396x386)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>60221549
>>60235701
>>60238453
>>60244513
>yfw instead of doing any of this shit, Maiev has a spazfit at the idea of Illidan being free and charges off to kill him, thus releasing Sargeras
>>
>>60245385
But why? She can just build a space jail around Sargeras and Illidan to make sure that neither escapes.
>>
>>60245385

>yfw Sargeras is WARDENED
>>
File: maiev rocket.png (404 KB, 800x621)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>60245385
>>
>>60245258
Maiev is gay! GAY!
>>
File: Elf Chicks.png (2.29 MB, 1944x2764)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>60216092
>>
>>60247817
>liking men is gay
anon...
>>
>>60250060
Whether she likes dick or not she'll have to take it. Only way to repopulate the Night Elf race once the Sentinels and Druids are wiped out or traded to the Horde as sex/lumberjacking slaves is through Warden-Demon Hunter hybridization. With sexy results.
>pic unavailable
>>
>>60236181
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
>>
How is Golden as a writer if I'm not expecting anything but competently written video game schlock?
>>
>>60251085
She’s not a writer. Her job may be to write, but she’s not a writer
>>
Uther failed both Arthas and Lordaeron
>>
File: Sisters.jpg (1.24 MB, 1487x2785)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>60216092
How does one even "control" the Void? Wouldn't the whispers alone drive you insane just by constantly ringing in your 24/7? Do void practitioners have to drown it out or just ignore them until they become white noise?
>>
>>60251392
That or they destroy their souls to a degree so they can't hear them. Reason why Undead aren't affected by Saronite.
>>
>>60216920
I never liked that Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden already had those names. I seem to remember several draenei having quaint-sounding names before being demonized. Like how Exarch Othaar became Socrethar, etc. It doesn't exactly take a genius to figure out who's joining Sargeras when you have two huge chads named Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde and one scrawny virgin named Velen.

It's literally like having Azrael, Zakkiel and Kate.
>>
>>60251457
The most common fan theory for Sylvanas' shenanigans was that they actually aren't immune to Saronite and Sylvanas is manipulated by Yogg.
>>
File: void elf flirts.png (304 KB, 484x669)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>60251392
See what you need to do is kinkshame the Void Lords.
>>
File: bb0[1].jpg (107 KB, 1273x922)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>60238718
>teh penguin of d00m the character
Night elves have enough problems with out being turned in to LEL SO ZANY teenage millennial girls.
>>
>>60251561
>"I'm feelin' STABBY!"
>"I'm feelin' STABBY!"
>"I'm feelin' STABBY!"
>"I'm feelin' STABBY!"
>"I'm feelin' STABBY!"
>"I've got your back archdruid!"
>>
File: 123.png (761 KB, 752x755)
761 KB
761 KB PNG
>>60251470
What like an inversion of pic related
Velen was the only one with a kid, and HIS faction won their civil war while outnumbered 3 to 1. Suck it Eredar
>>
>>60251151
Lord of the Clans and Rise of the Horde were decent
>>
File: species.png (32 KB, 398x382)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>60250281
this data is slightly old I think, but if it it is any indication then night elves are doing just fine.
>>
>>60251392
Firstly, the Void itself doesn't whisper things you don't already want to do. So it's not that different than the whispers normal people already hear in their head they call "thoughts", just more intense.

Secondly, if you're going insane it's usually the work of something more focused, like an Old God or Sha or higher, breaking you down completely. That's when you hear something like "Kill them all before they kill you" or "There is no hope. Not in this life, not in the next."
>Do void practitioners have to drown it out or just ignore them until they become white noise?
Most likely the latter. Like I said, it's no different than the homocidal and rape urges we RL human beings feel whenever we see others and those are fairly straightforward to ignore. Void practitioners aren't any different to Frostwolf orcs in that sense.
>>
>>60255347
More and more Night Elf players die/unsub. How are you going to make new Night Elves without a starting zone?
>>
Has anyone read Golden's book already? When it's going to be released online?
>>
>>60251151
>>60251085
Golden is good at writing more personal stories. She is a character-driven writer, which is not very good thing for a grand and bombastic warcraft universe.
I like what she is doing with Turalyon and Alleria though. A small and personal love story between two complete opposites, which is now has a cosmic meaning to it (with foreshadowing of future Light vs Void conflict). Literally the star-crossed lovers, this is a good stuff.
I just hope she won't fuck this up.
>>
>>60245212
>why do all three windrunner sisters have human boyfriends?
Strong women prefer strong men. All male elves are narcissistic fags, who only in love with themselves, what can they offer?
>>
>>60256551
>Implying Nathanos is a strong man and not just an Sylvanas' accessory.
kek
>>
>>60256495
I think the thing to take away from the Warcraft books, particularly those by Golden and even the one by Metzen, is that you don't necessarily need to be a good writer to write a good story.
You do however need to have some freedom to write plot that isn't just "lol justify absurdity please" which is what War Crimes and to an extent Before the Storm are meant to be.
>>
>>60216092
Alleria is garbage
>>
File: Personalami Garbage.png (1.54 MB, 1192x670)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>60258344
>Bend me break me
>Anyway you need me
>All I want is you
>>
File: Hope.png (671 KB, 565x1254)
671 KB
671 KB PNG
>>60247847
Ugh, why do all the elf waifus have to be so extreme? Why can't they just be normal, like pic related?
>>
ZANDALAR FOREVER

But seriously, how can Boralus compete? Zuldazar is fucking gorgeous.
>>
At the end of the battle of hyjal when the tree exploded how come none of the defenders died? Their bases of operations were very close to the world tree and yet we don't know anything about how they survived that blast. Did that fire not harm living beings or what?
>>
>>60259182
>Zuldazar is fucking gorgeous.
It's a matter of taste. For me Kul-Tiras is much more appealing aesthetically.
>>
>>60259247
If you look at the actual map in the damn game you'll see the World Tree is actually a significant distance away from your base surrounded by forest with wisps gathering in it as time passes. When the cinematic happens that forest is obliterated along with Archimonde. Judging by the size of Archimonde relative to his in-game size it's fucking OBVIOUS that they were sufficiently far away.
Don't come in here anymore to ask goddamn dumbass questions like that you retard!!
>>
>>60259402
but you are fucking retarded though
the blast spread far and wide and it is known it obliterated the ENTIRE forest of hyal
don't answer to me ever again.
>>
>>60251479
she went to hell
I hope the alliance version of westboro will picket her
>>
>>60259182
Although actually that raises a good question. Aren't the Horde as of late 8.0 controlling more cities than the Alliance?

Horde has Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Silvermoon, Suramar, and now Zuldazar.

Alliance has Stormwind, Ironforge, Exodar, and Boralus. But isn't the Exodar 1. a crashed ship, and 2. had a lot of its parts used to build the Vindicaar?

That's a 5:3 split, a 5:4 if you're generous. Is Shadowforge City Alliance territory now, with full integration with the Dark Iron dwarves? The entire instance itself doesn't have to change (Nighthold is an example of this) but currently the numbers seem a bit off.

And that's not even counting minor Horde cities like Thunder Totem and Bilgewater Harbor, further skewing the numbers.
>>
>>60259581
we have argus you dumb fuck
>>
>>60259621
Ah yes, Argus, a dying, fel infused planet that nobody wants to live on, and which is still infested with demons.
>>
>>60259621
>we wuz triumvirs and shieeeet
>>
>>60259621
>we have argus you dumb fuck
Connection with Argus was lost when the rift closed.
Which makes me wonder, what happened to krokul draenei? Did we leave them there? If not, are they part of the Alliance now?
Man, this was the perfect opportunity to implement broken draenei as an allied race, but blizz fucked this up.
>>
>>60259581
Yeah I mean if we've been letting the Horde just blow up our towns with no loss to themselves for 10 years that may happen. Doubly so when the Horde decide to crash Dalaran to keep it out of the game.
But we are likely to rebuild Stromgarde and Gilneas once northern EK is consolidated and the days of a Horde-collaborator Silvermoon government are numbered along with their wretched "Sun"well.
>>
>>60259861
>>60259581
Gilneas is perfectly find when you go to it
It's just that Blizz literally forgot it existed (by their own admission)
>>
>>60259831
>Man, this was the perfect opportunity to implement broken draenei as an allied race, but blizz fucked this up.
And to reduce lightforged draenei as "golden eyes option" for normal draenei.
>>
>>60259861
>>60259876
Lorewise Gilneas is abandoned and in ruins, though I do agree that a rebuilt Gilneas would be pretty good.

Stromgarde isn't likely to go to either side considering it's a warfront, and Silvermoon will be safe because Blizzard loves blood elves.
>>
>>60259581

Alliance has Vindicaar.
>>
>>60259831
>Connection with Argus was lost when the rift closed.

source for this unbelievably shit retcon?
>>
>>60259948
until one SAM hits it
>>
>>60259921
>Stromgarde isn't likely to go to either side considering it's a warfront
Stromgarde is part of the Alliance.
The Alliance defends it during warfront and attacks Ar'gorok. The Horde on the other side defends Ar'gorok and attacks Stromgarde.
>>
>>60259948
Vindicaar isn't a city. We need to expend these Draenei and Nelves as shock troops as soon as possible.

t. Alliance player who knows what a city is.
>>
>>60259861
but MUH TURAJO
ALLIANCE RAPIST MURDERERS
>the absolute state of the horde
>>
>>60259956
>source for this unbelievably shit retcon?
Look up in the sky and you will see the red star.
>>
>>60259961
until we nuke the green kikes from space lmao
>>
File: laughingelves.jpg (52 KB, 354x240)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>60259991
>500k damage every 5 minutes
>nuking anything
>>
>>60259581
>Alliance has Stormwind, Ironforge, Exodar, and Boralus.
And void elves' planet. Yeah, it's a bunch of rocks, but they could build a nice space city there.
>>
>>60259976
No pre-emptive sperging on this board, soldier. That's an order.
>>
>>60259948
Vindicaar isn't a city, and besides didn't it use a lot of parts from the Exodar?
>>60259965
Yes, but neither side will ever finally win, so neither Stromgarde or Ar'gorok are counted as major cities. And if you want to count Stromgarde, then logically you have to count Ar'gorok as well.
>>
>>60259976
i unironically rp as a rapist murderer of taurajo
>>
File: Danath.png (471 KB, 607x480)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>60260043
Stromgarde is the origin of human civilisation.
Arg literally who?
Also
>Neither side will ever finally win
Except the Alliance won the Fourth War and will inevitably win the Fifth.
>>
>>60260043
Stromgarde is part of the Alliance, when you visit revamped Arathi on a high level. It is also not purely a military base however, and stromgarde citizens have returned home.
Ar'gorok on the other hand is a military base, so it is not really a city.
>>
File: ea.jpg (15 KB, 273x184)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>60260009
>>
>>60260025
Telogrus Rift is what, like, six islands floating in Void Space, with no plants or buildings present?
>>
>>60260095
Stormwind is what, like, five districts? And that's supposed to be a megalopolis?
>>
Military wise how can even we call this a fair fight.
Horde has literally spikes and axes.
We have fucking laser nukes from space, void, light, the best tech, the most powerful heroes.
Horde has what? Saurfang? Who is literally chained like a fucking slave of an orc? Who was once lauded as a chuck norris of wow? Lets not pretend we couldn't wipe up the horde in a minute.
>>
File: ElfStyles.png (2.51 MB, 776x2927)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
>>60260095
We'll warp in buildings out of the non-ruined Silvermoon City as war reparations.
>>
>>60260134
But anon don't forget
>muh radio's submachine guns modern armored cavalry super marine corps orcs with aircraft carriers and howitzers and tactical operators lmao the Alliance still uses imperial plate!
>>
>>60260134
>being retarded on purpose
>>
>>60260165
>super marine corps
They are no match to LF draenei. They are literally space marines, who waged many more battles, than orcs.
>>
>>60260204
>being autistic
That post was sarcastic you easily baited person.
>>
>>60260185
>>60260224
>spike faggots on damage control
keep embarassing yourselves
>>
>>60260134
>Saurfang?
He is just a meme character. It's like if Keeshan was a main character in BfA, instead of Genn.
>>
>>60260241
Ah, you're a Horde falseflagger! You realise what you're doing is completely meaningless? You'll never succeed in making us look bad. The Alliance are the good guys and we are the unified disciplined playerbase who don't whine or spout retardation on the internet. Your defeat was sealed when you rolled red, subhuman filthy scum.
>>
>>60256315
maybe they play night elf 2.0 instead, maybe this was the plan all along to phase them out. Most likely what will happen is there will be zone phasing such that their tree will only be destroyed for high level players
>>
>>60260278
Keeshan is getting some Sentinel pussy in BfA though.
>>
File: StromgardePicBg.jpg (75 KB, 1024x614)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Instead we got a slightly bigger garrison. Without even red colors. Really, fuck you, blizzard.
>>
>>60260299
>Night Elf 2.0
You are referring to the Demon Hunter - Warden hybrids or the not!Drow?
>>
>>60260278
>MY LIFE FOR THE HORDE
*immediately surrenders*
I can never decide between mocking Saurfang for being a meme character or mocking Blizzard for being so god damn bad at writing
>>
File: Promotions.png (418 KB, 660x702)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
>>60260318
Fuck off. We Stromfags know and love what they've done with the Arathi warfront it's like the entire region is coming back to life and /ourgirl/ is coming back with a vengeance.
>>
>>60260359
>/ourgirl/ is coming back with a vengeance
I am not so sure about that. She is nowhere to be seen in a revamped Stromgarde.
>>
>>60260385
>Nowhere to be seen
>Confirmed new model already several months ago
Yeah ok dude.
>>
File: amani troll.png (640 KB, 1012x712)
640 KB
640 KB PNG
>>60260295
>good guys
>unified
>disciplined
>don't whine
>or spout retardation on the internet

>Your defeat was sealed when you rolled red, subhuman filthy scum.
>>
>>60260415
>Confirmed new model already several months ago
In-game. If a model was datamined, it doesn't automatically means, that it is going to appear in-game. Some stuff will be cut. Shit happens, anon.
>>
File: bb.png (90 KB, 287x458)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>60260385
>>60260415
Shes a boss in the warfront
When the gate opens she comes out riding a horse

Don't know if shes in the alliance one, haven't been able to check
>>
>>60260535
>When the gate opens she comes out riding a horse
Okay, that's great. I am going to murder her.
>>
>>60260328
Anduin, Glenn, your party, and half of the Alliance military show up to beat up Saurfang.
>>
>>60260597
>Noobfag Hordelet thinks he's not going to wipe forever fighting the Queen of Strom.
Sad.
>>
>>60260535
Theres lots of new Named NPCs in Stromgarde outside the warfront
Like this guy:
http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=133779/knight-captain-wrenn#modelviewer:10+0

Nials is probably among them
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 1413x565)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
How do you guys think WoW will end?
>>
>>60260765
Never
In 20 years BfAbabbies will be considered oldfags for hating the new retcons
>>
>>60260765
According to the Speaker comic, Azeroth will just die along with everyone on it if we keep fighting. Then hopefully the Void will claim Outlands and Draenor is crystalized in pure-Light stasis.
I can't fucking wait, we'll finally be rid of everything, FOREVER!
>>
File: 1522765455816.jpg (58 KB, 844x1054)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>Just finished WoW Chronicles
Good stuff, really liked it. What should I read now? Both novels and comics will do fine.
>>
>>60260765
With the final victory of the Void Lords, of course.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 234x215)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>60261057
>Good stuff, really liked it.
>>
>>60261057
Read:
The last Guardian
Tides of War
Beyond the Dark portal
In that order
Then quest through Honor hold in Hellfire Peninsula, pay attention to that gay elf in judgement armor
And then listen to the audio drama 1000 years of war

It's the longest (started in wc2, 20 years ago) and among the best stories in wow

It tells the story of Alleria (leader of the new race: Void elves), Turalyon (leader of Lightforged Draenei), Kurdan (former leader of the wildhammer Dwarves), Danath (leader of /tg/ shitposters) and Khadgar the meme mage
>>
File: 1422978084669.png (170 KB, 736x689)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>60260134
>laser nukes
>>
File: Capitano.png (108 KB, 253x367)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>60216092
Wowhead says Nials is in Arathi Highlands not just the Warfront but I didn't see her
Any other anons been able to find her?
>>
>>60260185
>>60261225
>>60260009
Sameguy
>>
>>60261198
>Then quest through Honor hold in Hellfire Peninsula, pay attention to that gay elf in judgement armor
>And then listen to the audio drama 1000 years of war
Audio drama starts exactly where BtDP ended, anon. Why do you need to quest in Hellfire Peninsula?
>>
>>60261120
except we will end it by bringing harmony to the universe you fag
>>
>>60261249
>Any other anons been able to find her?
She is in bed with Danath. Check out king's personal chamber in the keep.
>>
>>60261285
>implying
Hope is an illusion, anon.
>>
>>60261271
This is where Arator was first introduced in the story
His dialog with the people in the Tavern, the player and Danath reveal pretty big chunks of the story

First step should be going to the drunkard in the inn and doing his quest, then following Arator around
>>
>>60261198
>Tides of War
What? Do you mean Tides of Darkness?
>>
>>60261336
FUCK
yes, tides of darkness
>>
who created the void gods then
>>
>>60261325
>This is where Arator was first introduced in the story
It doesn't really matter. Audio drama tells you about Arator. Quests in Hellfire Peninsula can be done after audio drama.
>>
>>60261198
>Danath
What was the last thing he ever did in this game?
>>
>>60261057
>unironically reading that heap of shit
dude...
>>
>>60260278
>It's like if Keeshan was a main character in BfA
Anon, I...
>>
File: nBUrqcb.gif (6.81 MB, 576x576)
6.81 MB
6.81 MB GIF
>>60261198
>The last Guardian
>Tides of War
>Beyond the Dark portal
>In that order
>Then quest through Honor hold in Hellfire Peninsula, pay attention to that gay elf in judgement armor
>And then listen to the audio drama 1000 years of war
Those books are really good actually (exept Tides of Darkness).
The Last Guardian and Audio drama are my personal favourites though. BtDP comes really close.
>>
is the theory about voidwalkers being voidified naarus still a thing? If so can they be naarufied back?
>>
>>60261411
I've unironically liked the Lord of the Clans.
>>
File: Thumbsup.png (188 KB, 370x383)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>60261368
Ride with the Warrior player into the Broken shore for the Warrior class hall introduction
Before that the last thing he did was shout how cool the player and the alliance are for killing Magtheridon, which now Chronicle confirmed never happened since Horde got the canon Mag kill

He will be back as a Warfront Leader
>>
>>60261057
In order:
1. Rise of the Horde
2. The Last Guardian
3. Tides of Darkness
4. Beyond the Dark Portal
5. A Thousand Years of War (short story)

The rest you can read in any order:
- Lord of the Clans
- Arthas: Rise of the Lich King

Comics:
- Ashbringer
1. Dark Riders (somewhat connected to Curse of the Worgen)
2. Curse of the Worgen

That's it. This is my personal list of favourite novels/comics. As you can see there isn't much. A lot of wow novels are pure shit, especially "Cycle of Hatred".
>>
>>60261198
>Beyond the Dark Portal
Can confirm this to be bookkino. It was like I was there, having an orgy with the Sons of Lothar to save the universe.
>>
>>60261198
>Kurdan (former leader of the wildhammer Dwarves)
There is a short story about him. Actually pretty decent.
>>
File: Horde_OGN_CoverA.jpg (192 KB, 1400x682)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>60261682
>Comics:
Is Bloodsworn any good?
>>
>>60261793
No.
>>
>>60238718
>female
>Druid

Not in my warcraft
>>
>>60259956
That's not a recon you dumb fuck. Do the fucking Antorus raid and you literally watch that shit close. It was a temporary rift. Hell, log into the game and you'll notice Argus isn't in the sky anymore
>>
>>60261822
>No.
And "Dark Riders" is good, because it is about the Alliance characters? Right, you blue fag?
>>
File: Alleria.png (338 KB, 357x550)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>60261924
No.
Comics are just not a very good medium dude.
>>
>>60261973
i really want to kiss her big lips
>>
>>60261267
I can't wait to see once again the laser nuke in action!
>>
>>60262023
It burnt through like a meter of demon metal in one shot during the raid. That's pretty impressive seeing as how metal armor is normally measured in centimeters. You re confusing in-game DPS with actual lore. If DPS was responsible for lore, then pandareb kung-fu is better than death knight runeblades
>>
File: Kurdran.png (237 KB, 279x351)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>60262006
Uh, back the fuck off laddie!
>>
File: 1525313633711.jpg (9 KB, 160x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>60219168
>hordecucks have to label her a jihadi because crusader is too cool and they can't have that
>>
>>60261476
>Ride with the Warrior player into the Broken shore for the Warrior class hall introduction
Oh, I remember that. It's funny how he had absolutely nothing to do with warrior class hall afterwards. But then again, warrior class hall doesn't have much to do with anything.
>>
>>60262101
But if you follow the chain you'll realize that poster was an Alliance HFY paladin?
>>
File: That Guy alignment chart.jpg (643 KB, 2048x1624)
643 KB
643 KB JPG
>>60219168
Where does Yrel belong on this alignment table?
>>
>>60262174
If you fuckers would finally make a non-human paladin alignment table I could tell you, couldn't I you fuck?
>>
File: c29.jpg (761 KB, 1200x960)
761 KB
761 KB JPG
>>60262174
>Where does Yrel belong on this alignment table?
>>
>>60263154
I don't think Saiden is a chaotic evil.
>>
>>60262169
Yeah but that guy doesn't count, he's a betamale of a Paladin who goes "Haha, n-nice banter, right guys?" After the Death Knights gave his entire class hall a swirlie and fucked his girlfriend, mom, and sister at the same time.
He doesn't count as Alliance.
>>
>>60220862
>destruction of the dindu way of slaughtering people for fun
>muh freewill
so tolerant
>>60220974
>sullies the spiritual significance
if a mah'har nigger was forced to convert to the light he should be thankful for having a set good afterlife, but you are this retarded that you think that drinking demon blood and going on a rampage is basically the same as converting a bunch of animals to a tolerable faith.
Why do americans need to shit up every discussion with their 56% IQ
>>
>>60262174
Lawful neutral. Replace Mickey Mouse with "The Warsong" and Islamic with "Naaru"
>>
>>60263154
>5 panels are human paladins
Sigh.
>>
>>60263352
>and fucked his girlfriend, mom, and sister at the same time.

This is actually my fetish
>>
>>60263357
See >>60263201 but replace "Alliance" with "American"
>>
>>60263414
Well, there aren't many non-human paladins. We don't even have an important dwarf paladin.
>>
>>60263434
Do you want to be the fucker or the betamale?
If you answer fucker then you have a position as a Death Knight Hilariously, monk also works because you can split into three dudes to fuck them all at once yourself instead of summoning a zombie army to fuck then for you
>>
>>60263494
The betamale of course
>>
>>60263352
Is that you, Trumanfag?
>>60263357
Nice 2edgy4u pragmatist rationalizations. Did you get them from Nietzche or Cicero?
>>
>>60263352
>betamale of a Paladin
But paladins are the only ones who have a relationship in wow. Mograine was married, Tirion was married. Arthas fucked Jaina right in front of Kael. Turalyon fucked his void elven babe for a thousand of years. Uther was gay for Arthas.
>>
>>60263625
If betamale is the most scathing thing this sperglord can come up with to call me I don't mind. If I didn't want to be called a beta I wouldn't have rolled a Paladin in the first place.
And for the record a DK waifu to abuse me would be literally heaven.
>>
>>60263352
>He doesn't count as Alliance
>Alliance isn't HFY
>Alliance isn't Unconditional Lawful Good
You might be playing the wrong game buddy.
>>
>>60263451
There's that Plaguelands gu...
And the squire reqrui...
Fuck. What was the point of giving Dwarves paladins if there aren't any Dwarf paladins?
>>
>>60263624
Why the fuck IS there a Trumanfag?
>>
I've been playing the beta, and god damn is Zuldazar gorgeous.

Alliancefags can complain all they want, but their city is even uglier than the lake town from the Hobbit.
>>
>>60264105
https://desuarchive.org/tg/search/text/%22truman%22/
Note how many are in a Warcraft thread.
My money is on autism.

>>60264371
You already posted this here >>60259182.
>>
>>60259182
All the newer cities have their own appeal. Zuldazar is regal, glittering, and wild all at once. Boralus is open, functional, and rustic - a real port town you could see yourself walking in. Mac'Aree was poignant and luminous even in its state of utter ruin. Suramar was, and is, clean and elegant.
>>
>>60264579
Why does everyone forget Thunder Totem? Even >>60259581 forgot to mention it.
>>
>>60263625
Note "betamale of a paladin" not "betamale paladin"
Paladins are fine in theory, and typically one of the most alpha classes, but this guy is a particularly pathetic example.
>>
>>60264602
Probably the work of a memory-stealing Void entity.
>>
>>60264602
Thunder Totem doesn't really feel like a city.
I like it, but it just feels like one big building.
>>
>>60264627
>Backpedaling this hard for the sake of anonymous internet board drama
>>
>>60264762
>Trying this hard to defend the guy who wants the Death Knights to fuck his wife.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.