[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Joseph_TCG.jpg (66 KB, 739x600)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Insane edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:>>60216092
>>
File: zinzetty.jpg (173 KB, 900x1140)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>60273237
>no title
I bet the Alliance is responsible for this.
>>
File: 1528743634162.jpg (778 KB, 1200x960)
778 KB
778 KB JPG
Paladins are the best!
>>
>>60273237
So where can I download Golden's new novel?
>>
File: 1_by_sabalmirss-dbptxv6.jpg (131 KB, 1034x773)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>60273237
First for the Queen of Alt-Rock.
>>
File: 1527570965469.jpg (226 KB, 1061x1300)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
What interactions are there between Night Elves and Void Elves?
>>
>>60274444
>What interactions are there between Night Elves and Void Elves?
Umbric and Shandris. She doesn't trust him very much and thinks that void will corrupt them sooner or later.
Shandris and Alleria. She trusts her, because she is the famous hero of the Alliance.
>>
File: repeting digits.png (1.04 MB, 1159x747)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>60274444
not as many as between me and those sick quads
>>
can wow serve as a gateway into non-erp roleplay or is it filled to the brim with nasty filth and cringe? I have no idea if my character concepts are any good but they seem kind of one dimensional.

>draenai monk
Weirdo new-age spiritualist who likes shitty fashion and trans-culturalism. Was apparently always like that, even before arriving on azeroth, shifting from one "exotic" culture to another every few years. Currently obsessed with Pandaren culture.

>lightforged warrior
has a DOOM poster on their wall, and enough violent tendencies to make even allies uncomfortable. When all you have is a hammer every problem looks like a nail, whether that problem is demon shaped or orc shaped.

>nightborn rogue
a impoverished hobo with sticky fingers who was curious about the outside world and hopes for a better life within the horde.
>>
>>60274563
>can wow serve as a gateway into non-erp roleplay
Yes, if you find the right community. I'm hanging out in Silvermoon's Sanctum on Argent Dawn, and I'm having loads of fun.
>>
>>60274563
These character concepts are usually the ones done by insecure roleplayers who clog up OOC with their low IQ humourless commentary.
>>
>>60274720
how do I get better?
>>
File: Paladins 2 Remastered.png (5.05 MB, 1948x2000)
5.05 MB
5.05 MB PNG
>>60273878
You bet!
>>
>>60274736
You don't. >>60274720 is fucking with you, all WoW RP is humorless low IQ avatarfagging.
Either that or they're from AD and unironically believe in the RP hierarchy they've built there.
>>
>>60274879
I like the idea of roleplaying in the Warcraft universe, but the only real RPGs it's been adapted for is 3rd edition D&D, which is bad, and the fan-made 5th edition version, which does not fit the setting at all.

I have ideas for characters I'll never use because there will never be any game for me to use them in
>>
>>60274720
Oh fuck of GoTfag
Nothing worse then reading faggots debate "seereeous" topics like religion and race while a giant panda wearing a rice farmer hat is doing the party rock shuffle right next to them
>>
>>60276151
Why not just wing it?
>>
>>60273911
Seconding this.
>>
>>60277104
wing what?
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (31 KB, 400x386)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>60277207
DEEZ NUTS
>>
>>60277094
>'Here's my BASED meme Blood Elf who fingerguns and is just a Lightning Guy'
>'Here's my BASED average Human fighter with a flintlock pistol and boiled leather who only roleplayers in Westfall and Elwynn'
>there can't be a middle ground.
>>
>>60278670
>implying anything in the middle ground isn't just as cringeworthy
>implying the roleplaying tropes aren't just fractally aweful
>implying WoW RP is anything but trying to curry favor/patronage from some fuckface who considers their particular brand of shit high art
>>
File: 1522947864391.jpg (122 KB, 686x800)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>60278740
>I have absolutely shit standards and cannot ever enjoy anything so no one else can enjoy anything
>>
>>60278800
Don't try to convince me that what those mutually masturbatory communities do has anything in common with actually enjoying roleplaying. It's social hierarchies, cliques and drama from top to bottom. Their "roleplaying" is just a fashion accessory and has exactly as much sincerity and depth.
>>
>>60278858
>I hate cliques in communities
>I much prefer the roleplay in the clique that is my tabletop group
>>
>>60278922
You're missing the point.
The objective of someone playing a TTRPG, Warcraft or not, is to have fun with a group of genuine friends.
The objective of WoWRP is to maneuver the social hierarchy until everyone's sucking your dick hoping you'll help them rise too someday.
>>
File: 1522077835357.jpg (36 KB, 480x480)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>60278989
That's only if you don't know how to make friends or to have fun, anon.
>>
>>60279077
Actually lying on 4chan to shill for WoW "roleplay" communities? Fuck off.
>>
File: 59110230.png (93 KB, 270x231)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>60279099
>shilling for the game we come here to talk about every day
No wonder you didn't find friends that were able to put up with your LARP attitude.
>>
Forsaken discourage thinking of humanity to the point of old history books being destroyed and forbidden, as only the "History of the Undercity matters now."

NIght elven druids and priestesses were sent into Silithus right after Sargeras stabbed it. The idea is to create moonwells and heal the world.

Anduin and Baine have been writing to each other for years, things unrelated to the war. Sylvanas ordered Baine to sever it. Valeera was the way they kept in touch. Baine sends Anduin a small chip of his horn. Not the entire thing.

Alleria loves Sylvanas deeply and is unhappy because the reunion failed.

Sylvanas has some weird ego trip that she liberated the minds of the Forsaken, rather then the Lich king being weakened. She thinks she liberated Faol too. This doesn't make sense to me, send help.
>>
>>60279822
Sylvanas makes sense for once, I am touched. She believes that the Forsaken meeting humans will lead to the Forsaken being in pain, eaten away by the desire for something they can never again have. She plans to take advantage of any naivety Anduin might demonstrate and claim Stormwind.

Calia tells Anduin that choosing a spouse without politics in mind was the best thing she did, so be careful. Anduin might still get his elf, as he doesn't seem particularly interested in Tess, nor is Tess (in my own opinion) really interested in him.

Calia's husband and child, the child being the legitimate heir of the Throne of Lordaeron are missing after the blightbombing of Soutshore. She doesn't know if they are dead or Forsaken, but she hopes for a reunion if they are Forsaken, and that's her angle for the council.
>>
>>60279838
Greymane is included in Turalyon's meeting with Faol. The Archbishop was also his friend, and this moves Genn into a more peaceful stance towards the Forsaken. Not any lecture of Anduin, as some Horde posters said.

Turalyon's own interaction with Faol is touching, in my own opinion. The character looks cool, in lack of a better word.

Sylvanas was filled with regret at leaving Varian to die at the Broken Shore, and she can see traces of him in Anduin. Not physical ones. Also, Anduin now has a war-horse, and his swordsmanship is emphasized as Calia reminds him that Arthas was once terrible with a blade.

The Alliance buries the Forsaken dead.

Any questions or clarification, free to ask. I finished it.
>>
>>60279822
I pray this is headcanon, because that first point hurts me
>>
>>60279860
>Turalyon's own interaction with Faol is touching, in my own opinion. The character looks cool, in lack of a better word.
This warms my heart. Can't wait to read this novel.
>>
File: 1514958416702.gif (83 KB, 395x281)
83 KB
83 KB GIF
So...I've just read the Windrunner comic...

That was atrocious, to say the least.
>>
>>60279838
What fucking elf? Is Blizz capable of writing a love story that's not ripped of Tolkien?
>>
>>60279860
>Sylvanas was filled with regret at leaving Varian to die at the Broken Shore, and she can see traces of him in Anduin.
Lol sure. As usual, Golden's Sylvanas has next to nothing in common with the Sylvanas in the actual game.
>>
>>60280342
>>60280205
>>60279909
>>60279866
Just read the fucking novel. It's not that bad actually. Nothing special, but much better, than War Crimes.
>>
Any links to the Before The Storm PDF?
>>
>>60280205
I'm pretty sure he meant draenei, because Anduin' s never really been into any elf.
Unless he means Valeera since she's basically Anduin's 20th birthday present from his dad.
>>
>>60280426
not that guy, but i havent seen you mention the name of the novel, just how is this anon supposed to know?
>>
>>60280987
Before the Storm, if that helps.
>t. just an anon on a stroll
>>
>>60280426
I've not read Before the Storm yet and I don't particularly intend to since it's too liable to give me a headache when the game contradicts the books, just as it did the last two times they did something like this.
But I've read Rise of the Lich King, I'm familiar enough with Sylvanas characterisation in War Crimes and I've read the Three Sisters comic. Golden always goes overboard on Sylvanas' internal characterisation and it's never aligned well with what's demonstrated in-game. This means that the end result of her actions - within Golden's own novels, no less - correspond poorly to her declared motivations.
This is because everyone else and their mother knows that Sylvanas is a one-dimensional villain with no depth and is just pure toxin incarnate, who does evil shit for the simple reason of self-preservation to continue being toxic.
Golden's attempts to write a 1.1 dimensional Sylvanas fall flat simply because of that stuff ending up completely contained in her own works, isolated from the game canon. Once you step away from the books and look at the game you'll see that Sylvanas never inherits any of that development and remains a 1-dimensional caricature, because by all honest accounts that is exactly what she is.
>>
>>60280426
I've read it today and genuinely don't remember a single decent act or moment for any Horde character in the book. It oversells the blatant alliance goodness and bias to the point thag even the Hordes own characters seem like they don't want to be in the Horde (Baine, Gallywix etc)

Complete reversal of Sylvanas' previously noted care and willingness to do anything to save her Forsaken to being willing to murder many of them even ones who weren't defecting.

There is nothing to latch onto in this book if you are a Hordie in any way shape or form. No redemption in sight and no character does anything. Every member of the Alliance comes off as wise and tolerant. Fucking Turalyon is in this book more than any secondary Horde character. And to top it all even Genn Greymane gets a character arc and comes across all wise by the end. Horde?...nah all baddies innit.....

Just a waste of money if you're a Horde char imo
>>
>>60281909
>tfw Sylvanas is going to have a Banshee possess Baine
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>60281909
>Fucking Turalyon is in this book more than any secondary Horde character.
Well, he just returned. And although I'm a Horde player, I'm not against Turalyon's development.
>>
CAN ANY OF YOU WORTHLESS NIGGERS JUST UPLOAD THE PDF OR THE AUDIO BOOK FFS
>>
>>60282529
it cant be hard to find any of these things online anon. try scribd to start.
>>
File: syl.jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>60281830
I agree and disagree with you.

The game cannot show Sylvanas thoughts easily and as a political leader she cant be see as a vulnerable person to the PC. So its natural that she looks "different" on any media that has actually any input about she truly feel about things.

But it is obviously that nobody on Blizzard has any idea about how to handle the Horde, for them, the Horde is just "cool", they never had any insight about their ideology, by consequence forsaken ideology was alaways just "muder everyone".

But the game always flirts with the idea that the Forsaken are grateful to the Horde and that Sylvanas actually has respect for the instituition (which is actually a huge thing if you spot how easily she disdain on anything on the books) . Now that (for the second time) they return to Orgrimmar for "political asylum" we may see this develop more and maybe we may have a nice character arc when Sylvanas choose to be a true Warchief and change her point of view.

But is too much to ask Blizzard to just think on a character arc, Thrall had one and now everyone despise the character. Our hope is that Golden should have more control of the lore now.
>>
>>60278989

What if you're just there to discuss lore and to run the tabletop RPG for friends.
>>
>>60284818
My concern from playing the beta is that a lot of minor stuff is going to get overlooked. Stuff like Garona working with the Horde now (why?) and Rexxar saying out of character stuff about purging the alliance during the war campaign quests.

It's possible they'll fix that little stuff, though. They did change the blight NPCs during the lordaeron scenario to be only forsaken and goblins.
>>
>>60284818
> Golden should have even more control
After the disaster that was War Crimes, I hope not. It's time she goes the way of knaak
>>
>>60285055
Disaster is what Blizzard did, Cataclysm, Pandaria, WOD.... Golden ideas are tolerable at least.
>>
How would you structure the alliance and horde if you were a designer from the beginning?

Mine:

Alliance

Human
Dwarf
Gnome
Undead
Blood Elf
Draenei

Horde

Orc
Troll
Goblin
Tauren
Night Elf
Ogre

Alliance Allied Races

Vrykul
Dark Iron Dwarf
Mechagnome
Undead Elf
Void Elf
Lightforged Draenei

Horde Allied Races

Mag'har
Zandalari
Drogbar
Highmountain Tauren
Nightborne Elf
Gronn
>>
>>60282529
this
>>
>>60287017
>muh 2 factions
Gross.

Alliance

Human
Dwarf
Gnome
Draenei
Mechagnomes
Void Elves
High Elves (fuck you Afrasiabi)

Horde

Orcs
Trolls
Tauren
Ogres
Highmountain Tauren
Mag'har

Unaligned/solo/Neutral

Night Elves
Blood Elves
Void Elves
Forsaken
Dark Iron Dwarves
Lightforged Draenei
Vyrkul
Zandalari
Drogbar

Why would Gronn even be a race?
>>
>>60287017
>>60289969
>forgot about pandaren

>also gnolls, naga, murlocs, quillboars, harpies, satyrs, and centaurs
>those four legged fuckers nearly wiped out the tauren. If they are that much of a threat to the horde why aren't the alliance trying to court them?
>>
>>60287017
Kill yourself, helfag.
>>
>>60289969
>>60287017
Wow, both these are fucking stupid.
>2 factions with Night Elves in Horde
>2 factions + a bunch of undecided with overlap with Alliance
>Both try to acknowledge High Elves
Retarded.jpg.
>>
>>60285055
What was wrong with War Crimes?
>>
>>60290074
>Muh monster races
Except for satyrs. They're just straight up demons. Though if you try hard enough you could theoretically get them to just be "cursed elves" like gilneans are to humans
>>
>Tfw no oceanic RP realm

Anyways I love my nightborne mage. Just hoping the allied races serve some purpose in the game's story and don't go the way of the pandaren and their leaders
>>
>>60291696
Thalyssra and Oculeth are already more important than any panda was to either faction
>>
>>60273237
THERES NO PDF ONLINE YOU FUCKERSSS
JUST UPLOAD IT HERE AAAAARGHHHH
>>
>>60291732
Chen?
>>
>>60274514
Grow up.
>>
>>60292087
not canon
>>
>>60292110
Chen Stormstout is not canon??
>>
>>60287017

Alliance
>Human
>Dwarf
>Gnome
>Night Elf
>Worgen
Without the druid background
>??? instead of Draenei. New Draenei suck.

I'd love a more radical Alliance. I like the part where they're turning the Alliance faction of the Light into fantasy ISIS. Though this could've been done much earlier with the Scarlet Crusade.

Horde
>Orc
No Mag'har. On a continent swarming with demons and fel magic, you somehow get these dudes that are untouched by all of that.
>Troll
Allied race: Forest Troll (there was an allied tribe in the Hinterlands, also BRM had allied forest trolls).
>Tauren
Allied race: Taunka (this was a perfectly good allied race with their own flavor).
>Blood Elf
(fuck high elves).
>Forsaken
Give these dudes Paladins. Because they've become the not-Scourge at this point. They already have priests anyways.
Give Sylvanas a redemption arc involving the Lich King.
>Mok'nathal instead of Goblins
Rexxars race gets a retcon. Instead of some Ogre getting jiggy with an Orc and calling it a clan, have them be a Gul'dan experiment or something like two-headed Ogres.
Goblins only joined the Horde in the second war because they were pressured, they're a meme at this point.

The focus of the Horde should've always been redemption and monstrous races not actually being monsters. Have them slowly redeem elements of the Old Horde (absorb wayward clans, forest trolls, make friends with old enemies; blood elves and forsaken humans, etc.).
>>
>>60292498
Also, a concept I had been working on called foreign legions.

Basically when players hit maximum level they can switch sides. When you decide to switch sides you talk to an agent of the opposing team. By paying a relatively large amount of gold you can unlock the ability to attack the main factions. Earning negative favor with one faction will give you a positive reputation with the other.

Once you reach sufficient reputation to switch sides you can join the Traitors’ Legion for the Horde or the Auxiliary for the Alliance.

Each group has its own capital and its own ‘racial leader.’ Say a DK called Perenolde for the Horde (because the second war had Alterac switching sides and you had a WCIII death knight called Duke Perenolde).

And a Blood Elf for the Alliance who still thinks he's a High Elf or something.
>>
>>60292554
That's a pretty interesting concept, though if this were applied to the game as it is rather than your own take above I think a better option for the horde foreign legion/auxilary/whatever would be an orc that thinks Sylvanas is out for her own gain and doesn't give a shit about the horde, its people, and will probably screw them over when they stop being convenient. I guess you could do the same with the Alliance with a human defector that thinks Anduin is too young and unfit to lead the Alliance.
There's a lot of interesting directions it could go, which is why nothing like it would ever happen, unfortunately.
>>
>>60273237
We already have an Age of Sigmar general.
>>
Is the Scarlet Crusade considered redeemed or are they still assholes?
>>
File: FBI.png (1.56 MB, 1182x1168)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>60293450
That's piracy anon, I'll report you to the RL paladins!
>>
File: 1505762493013.png (597 KB, 720x528)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
>night elves easily killed by goblins
Holy shit. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.
>>
>>60292464
well he could be completely ignored.
>>
>>60293439
I haven't done the priest campaign to see what happened with the Scarlet Onslaught, but the Crusade is kill. Tyr's hand is dead, Hearthglen is Argent now, and now the Death Knights rolled in and murdered the Scarlet Monastery to get Whitemane's corpse.

They died still jerks. As someone who RPd in a Scarlet guild in vanilla, I was always sad they kept the Crusade as crummy b-lister bad guys.
>>
That one guy complaining about alliance being good when stormwinds people unique description since warctaft 1 was being the most lawfull good benevolnt nation of humans and lordaerons rise to power was these people bringining their culture to it during wc2
>>
>>60293359
I wouldn't mind WC being sigmarized.
>>
>>60296730
Be careful what you wish for.
>Bolvar wakes up, eats Bwonsamdi, blows up Sylvanas and chains her Banshee soul to one spot so she can watch as he re-enslaves the Forsaken
>Incarnates: Bolvar (Death), Malfurion (Life), Anduin-possessed-by-Tyr (Light), Alleria (Void), Kayn Sunfury (Fel), Khadgar (Arcane)
>Tempest Keep brought from Outland to evacuate all of the Draenei into space after the Goblins BLOW UP ELUNE
>Alexstrasza unites ALL the remaining dragons, they all die fighting N'zoth
>>
>>60296962
Tol'vir erased from history
>>
>>60296962
>it's habbening.wepm
>>
>>60287017
Orcs, tauren, trolls and ogres -> The Horde
Humans, dwarves, gnomes -> The Alliance
Night Elves, Goblins, Forsaken -> independent
>>
>>60295787
Did something prompt this?
>>
>>60296962
Dwarves unite after elune blows up and build a flying ironforge that patrolls the ether between azeroth and elunes shell for Elune gold that powers the Azeroth forge to build a new Titan to bring order to the universe
>>
>>60296962
>>Tempest Keep brought from Outland to evacuate all of the Draenei
That shit is legitimately sitting in Outland abandoned, I'm wondering why the draenei haven't just dragged it to Azuremyst yet anyway. The Exodar IS a piece of it after all.
>>
File: smile.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>60296962
Don't you dare compare that namby pamby faggot Anduin to PRINCE AND EMPEROR
>>
What kind of weapons are the most Paladin? Two handed hammers? One handed hammers?
>>
>>60298516
Two-handed warhammers. If it's good enough for Uther, it's good enough for you.
>>
>>60298569
Didn't Warcraft 2 Paladins also have a spear, or am I just remembering wrong?
>>
>>60298858
You're remembering it wrong. WC2 paladins used long-handle warhammers (not the kind you see in game today) and shields.
>>
>>60299349
How long are we talking? Like "Hammer of the Naaru" long or what?
>>
>>60298516

Three handed hammer
>>
File: wow virgin chad.png (476 KB, 857x639)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
ZANDALAR FOREVER
>>
>>60299371
>>
>>60296962
>>Alexstrasza unites ALL the remaining dragons, they all die fighting N'zoth
>>60297051
>Tol'vir erased from history

wtf I love AoS now
>>
>>60274870
GOD DAMN.

Those are some seriously bad transmog sets. Go farm better looking gear for fuck sake, you clown looking disgrace.
>>
>>60300782
They're a human paladin. 'Style' isn't part of their vocabulary.
>>
File: Crusade.png (1.2 MB, 804x831)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>60300882
Truth.
>>
>>60278858
>>It's social hierarchies, cliques and drama from top to bottom. Their "roleplaying" is just a fashion accessory and has exactly as much sincerity and depth.

You know nothing requires you to actually talk to or interact with anyone OOC, right? And even then, you don't have to participate in it.

I mean I play a character that is the very definition of status climbing, melodramatic, and self-absorbed, but I don't get embroiled in any of that OOC drama.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knk84izINpY

Even Bellular has admitted that Alliance is 'babby's first faction'
>>
File: brownie.png (1.56 MB, 1194x724)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>Come with me, brown one. We can leave this world to its fate.
>>
>>60287017
We have been over this a million times. The only correct answer is no factions. Every race is a reputation group that anyone can gain rep with, which starts differently based on the player's race.
>>
>>60304595
Why is this concept so hard for people to understand?
>hordecucks still complain about High Elves

>>60292554
So you're a brit. You've always been a brit. A ton of brits went off and died for a war or whatever, yeah it hurt your family, but you're still british. Then the Queen declares you're all german or something for no reason... But you don't want to be german you're british.

I guess that person is insane and therefore has no basis or reasoning for their claim of heritage? Especially when the Queen has ordered everyone to eat sauerkraut or else they're not even fucking German anymore either? Oh and later, even if did eat the sauerkraut, if you ate too much of it you were banned and deported from the country. In those events, are none of those people british anymore?
>>
>>60304674
...what?
>>
Okay, here's an idea:

There's pretty much a zero chance that the Blood Trolls, if any survive, will join the New Empire of Zul within the Horde.

But what if they join the Alliance? The Alliance has shown to be very tolerant of races enslaved by mind controlling monsters, such as the Lightforged Draenei and the Void Elves. What's one more group of gibbering lunatics worshiping a 'thing' that only wants their obedience?
>>
>>60304856
I think he's whining about Blood Elves.
>>
>>60304856
Okay babby, just because Kael'thas declared his entire race of people are BLOOD ELVES, that doesn't mean shit because he is a mere heir-apparent to a KINGDOM, and not a leader of an ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE.

We know that there were High Elves in Theramore, Dalaran, Stormwind, Outland, The Army of the Light, etc

Why do any of these groups owe ANYTHING to Kael'thas? And respect what his Kingdom does? (especially what it does after he dies, thus destroying the entire institution). It is like people saying that the Forsaken should have sided with Garithos even though he hated them since he was the last legal authority of Lordaeron, over Sylvanas at least.

So when we come down to it, High Elves are not Blood Elves. A Blood Elf is a political statement. It is artificial. They are only connected as they both use the Sunwell(for some reason the Sunwell's range is only universal when the writers want it to be, but nevermind that.)

Why can Humans be in different kingdoms with different motivations, but the moment an elf does the same they are suddenly a fag? OH RIGHT, it's because hordebabs wouldn't exist without aryan blonde elves. Hilarious. Now go to sleep bab, it's bed time for you.
>>
>>60305522
I know reading comprehension is hard, but that's what the point of discussion was about. Keep up, chap. No wonder why Warcraft lore sucks so bad. It's mindless followers can't read.
>>
>>60305561
No, I comprehended you just fine. It's just that the posts you were replying to didn't have Blood Elves as anywhere near their main subject. Which makes this statement ironic.
>>60304674
>>hordecucks still complain about High Elves
I'm sorry that you're still bitter about 90% of High Elves going Horde.
>>
>>60305546
...so you're mad that people don't get that the blood elf/high elf divide is mainly a political one (loyalty to Silvermoon versus loyalty to the Alliance)? I'm not quite following where you're getting mad, since you're not really stating anything that isn't common knowledge.

Is it just an autistic crusade against the term 'Helf fag'?
>>
File: the helf agenda.png (32 KB, 406x190)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>
>>60305652
He's rambling on about a nonsensical caricature of Blood Elves in a way that portrays High Elves as so much better. He's a helf fag. If he's offended by that label, he's also a newfag.
>>
File: WoW Chad.png (1.24 MB, 960x924)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>60299415
Nice try.
>>
File: Light elves.jpg (945 KB, 1200x1600)
945 KB
945 KB JPG
This triggers the autistic helftard.
>>
>>60305546
High Elf minus Sunwell equals Blood Elf. How difficult is it to comprehend that?

The High Elves died in the Third War. If not from the Scourge then from the lack of Sunwell.

High Elves CAN exist. However in such marginal numbers that they could never be a 'race' unto themselves.
>>
>>60307482
>blood elves
>holy
hwat?
>>
>>60307533
>a squad of void elves.

you just know that when this expansion shits the bed they will pull out high elves out of their ass.
>>
>>60299565
So two handers one handed then.
That'd actually be cool for honestly both Ret and Prot paladin
>>
>>60307547
They've been sucking on the Holy Naaru soup that Velen turned the Sunwell for fourteen years.
That should be another elf mutation
>>
>>60307533
>High Elf minus Sunwell equals Blood Elf.
Pretty damn hard since the Blood Elves have had the Sunwell since TBC.
The correct argument is that High Elf minus the Alliance equals Blood Elf.
>>
>>60307547
Like clockwork, helftard pretends to be surprised again.
>>
File: ElfStyles.png (2.51 MB, 776x2927)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
>>60307968
Actually all the Helftards have been executed and their bodies recycled for spare parts as of last month. This is just obvious LARP.
>>
>>60307881
Draenei and Naaru were a mistake.
>>
>>60308808
Draenei and their naaru are the only things vaguely unique about this setting
>>
>>60309473
Unique does not equal "good".
>>
>>60309478
Better than the rest of the nonhuman races in WoW
>Bipolar whiny high elves
>Their edgier and more succesful political rivals, the blood elves
>The nerf elf armies of night elves
>The whiny recovering-addict nightborne
>The violently bipolar orcs
>Gnomes
Compared to this shitshow, the fact that the draenei manage to get shit done, and interact as closely as they do with humans and still remain their own thing, is downright amazing
>>
>>60307482
The naga should be down on the old god section.
>>
>>60309732
Samefag.

Kael'thas Felbloods should take the place of Nagas beside the satyr
>>
File: OnnyLBk.jpg (136 KB, 1650x1025)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>No blond heirs for Lordareon

Also Anduin will have a human queen that will give birth to pure breed homo sapiens.
>>
lok'tar ogar: victory or surrender
>>
Just so everyone knows, Sylvanas wants to appoint a puppet leader to the Darkspear and doesn't want them choosing their own leader.
>>
Blizzard favors the Horde in writing and design, so by default they're superior, and the story of WoW is The Struggles of The Horde (and the Alliance is there too).

Change my mind.
>>
>>60312318
Are you truly superior if you're always written to be a giant bag of unrepentant dicks because the writers are absolute hacks?

Also you clearly haven't seen vanilla
>>
>>60312363
At least the devs are actually writing about us.

What was the last interesting thing that Alliance players EXCLUSIVELY got? Anduin waking up the Monkey King like five years ago?
>>
>>60312438
Legionfall/Broken Shore and Argus
>>
>>60312438
What the fuck do you mean "exclusively"
What was the last thing the Horde got "exclusively"?
>>
>>60312438
The alliance story is Kore down to earth and rwlistic

The horde story is full of plot devices to drive the story forward and lots of stupid shit that you have to turn your brain off to like
>>
Alliance story is absolutely fucking dogshit. It's literally
>Everyone has to love Anduin and agree with him otherwise they're evil
>also Night Elves get killed en masse effortlessly on a daily basis

Like Sylvanas or not, Horde have way better characters and conflicts.
>>
>>60312979
When iut's the main story in focus, Alliance gets all the preferential treatment

When it's minor side stories, Horde gets all the goodies

Like that one quest with Lorewalker Cho where you burn incense with him
>>
>>60312562
>>60312670
>>60312581
Since people don't understand what 'exclusively' means.

I'm referring to content, character interactions, cutscenes, etc. that someone that ONLY plays one faction will never see in game unless they look outside the game like lore sites and videos and such. The last time the Alliance had that, it was Anduin picking up his daddy's sword and being sad that he's gone. Things that are either bum fuck easy to think of doing or basic human emotions.

Take for instance the Allied Race scenarios. For Highmountain you have a meeting of chieftains, a bit of black dragon fun, and you take down a powerful C'Thrax.
In the Lightforged one you help a retard get gold tattoos.

In the Nightborne scenario you not only help establish official relations between Suramar and Silvermoon, you ALSO get the exile of the Void-using blood elves from Silvermoon.
In the Void Elves one, you help Alleria chase down a retard (Umbriss).

Mag'har orcs involve going back to AU Draenor, befriending the children of the orcs we knew and fought, and saving as many as we can from crazy High Exarch Yrel.
The Dark Iron Dwarf one is just reminding Moira and her people that they've been part of the Alliance since Cataclysm and really should contribute.
>>
>>60313666
>Nightborne recruitment better than the void elves
Dumb as they are, the void elf recruitment is a fuckton better.
>Nightborne intro is meeting up with Thalyssra, listening to her and Liadrin whine about Tyrande because she called them mean names, and then dealing with the fact that the elves, who knew what Alleria was, letting her touch their now holy bathtub withoout warning her first.

The hunt for Umbriss through his research (which would of been fine had the last guy who studied it not been the guy working for Arthas), that lead into fighting through the Void Rift itself against the Nether Prince is a LOT fucking better.

Also, Yrel isn't quite as crazy as we wish she is. She's not going "Naaru Ackbar" just because. She saw visions of the world ending and is acting the only qay she has. Both sides are blaming each other and the mag'har are just salty that they lost. "Lok'tar oh run away!" And all.
>>
>>60310466
Calias kid may still live
>>
>>60313666
>The Nightborne Scenario
>90 percent of it was about Void Elves and Alleria
>>
>>60314528
>>60314798
Yet you're not refuting my core point- that, narratively, Horde players experience more of the story through their exclusive content than the Alliance does through theirs (with obviously the majority of content being neutral and thus seen by everyone) which means that Blizzard writes the story with the perspective and mindset of the Horde playerbase.

This is why the Alliance storylines tend to just be busy work to distract their players while the Horde storylines lead the game's narrative. It's why the Alliance big bad for BfA is Ashvane, a fat lady who makes a deal with a ghost so the ghosts can get their land back, while the Horde's big bad is Zul, who not only directed the antagonistic Zandalari in the past, but is also working with Azshara and thus for N'Zoth, leading to him 'feeding' G'Huun and his Blood Trolls by intentionally playing into their hands.
>>
>>60315437
Think about the novels though. Every single WoW novel has a huuuge bias toward the Alliance perspective, even the ones that are supposed to be about the Horde (Vol'jin Shadows of the Horde, War Crimes)
>>
>>60315485
And how many people care about the novels, and of them how many actually bother to read them instead of getting the spark notes version from other people online?

World of Warcraft, as a game, is written from the idea that the Horde are the heroes while the Alliance are just sidekicks. All the agency is held by Horde characters, while Alliance characters merely react to whatever Zug Zug in charge is doing.
>>
>>60315619
>Turalyon
>Khadgar
>Alleria
>Anduin
>Calia Menethil
>Jaina Proudmoore
>Magni
>Illidan Stormrage
>'Horde characters like Liadrin and Nathanos are the only ones with agency!'
>>
>>60315772
>Turalyon and Alleria before BfA
>Khadgar
>Magni
>Illidan
>Velen
Narratively neutral, as both factions experience them just as much during the story.
>Anduin
>Jaina
>Genn
>Turalyon and Alleria after Legion
Alliance characters that function mainly to react to their corresponding Horde characters, very rarely doing things purely because they want to, only because the Horde is doing it/fucking up/whatever.
>Calia
Literally who tier relevance-wise.
>>
>>60315928
>Alliance characters that function mainly to react to their corresponding Horde characters, very rarely doing things purely because they want to, only because the Horde is doing it/fucking up/whatever.
And the gold for mental gymnastics goes to you
>>
>>60315437
Most of the actual story is neutral but featured Alliance characters. If the Horde didn't get a lot of exclusive stuff about them then the Horde would be more pointless than it already is.
>>
>>60315988
I mean, I can say delicious ice cream comes out of my ass all day, but that doesn't make it true.
>>
The funniest thing about this argument is the hordeaboo is basically admitting that the Horde is about as villainous as the Legion because they can't stop fucking up long enough for the Alliance to get on with their lives.
>Anduin wants to go to the Broken Shore and mourn? Can't because the Horde is burning down an orphanage and raising zombie babies
>>
>>60307533

>shit tons oh high elf encampments around in vanilla
>partly high elf village in BC
>entire high elf faction in wotlk, they control half of dalaran
>even more high elves in cata
>suddenly they are all ded but a handful of void cunts are who accompanies alleria are numerous enough to be a playable race

Amazing move by blizzard, trying to indulge elffags and making them even more mad. What is the fucking reason they cant just add high elves if they have already added nighterer elves for the horde?
>>
>>60316309
Wouldn't anything from vanilla be irrelevant, since that would be from before the high elf recall/high vs blood renaming schism thing?
>>
>>60316493

>before the high elf recall/high vs blood renaming schism thing?

Did you even play WC3?
>>
>>60316603
Long day, trying to keep events straight but honestly, I don't like Warcraft's high elves. I like the extra edgy the Blood Elves have.
>>
>>60316309
1. Because High Elves are literally just an eye color difference from Blood Elves. Nightborne are more drow compared to night elves being wood elves.
2. The Alliance, despite having a nearly nonexistent raiding scene, is still the majority of the casual audience. Giving them access to the most popular single race in the game (over one fifth of people at 110 are blood elves) would destroy the almost exact 50-50 split of all players.
3. High Elf fags are extremely annoying. They want their cake and eat it too.
>>
>>60317041
Horde has had a majority of players ever since TBC, it's been about 45-55 for decades. If you made High Elves, but locked them hard to get, we'd see maybe 10% of Belfs actually switch earnestly. Thus resulting in an actual 50-50 switch, and even so, if Alliance has a few more peeps, who the fuck cares? Everyone alway complains about horde wait times for battlegrounds. More alliance players also equals more time waiting.

Hordefags are just scared to bits that their precious faction will be destroyed. Just look at the story, it's happening you fag. Sylvanas will be the end of 'muh horde' and dindu orcs can't hide behind their precious elves to save Lok'tar ogar, because the Elves in the narrative will just dump the Horde when it is no longer viable to help them.

Their entire point of reference into the Horde was Sylvanas. Sylvanas abandons them in EK to focus on Kalimdor.. What is the point in sticking with the Horde if the Alliance just cares about fighting the Void now?
>>
>>60315485
This was not always so. Rise of the Horde and Lord of the Clans were nice books that expanded the Canon and had only a handful of alliance characters in them. What changed? It's the fucking humans, right?
>>
>>60315437
Ashvane also works with Azshara, and the Alliance gets the neat new Drust while the Horde is stuck with the trolls of the week
>>
>>60315437
>Can't prove that Horde or Alliance actually get more exclusive content
>Stubbornly refuses to acknowledge that the Alliance have been favored by the narrative since Mists of Pandaria
>Doesn't even understand the plot of BfA outside of personally skewed and deliberately ignorant perspective
It's ok, you're mentally ill and haven't had a chance to get your pills since the government cut Medicare. But this board isn't a soapbox for your paranoid delusions. End your subscription, save up some cash, seek a professional to help you with Internet Addiction Disorder and stay off the boards for maybe a year. You'll feel better, your friends and family will love you again, and maybe you can experience what it's like to be happy again.
>>
>>60319247
>new Drust
They're either dead or stuck in their druid forms. Big kul tiran are the closet thing you can get from the drusts.
>>
File: 1408851921659.jpg (89 KB, 400x484)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>For years, I have cherished our friendship.
>I cherish it still. But with great reluctance and
>for the sake of those who look to me for protection,
>I know the time has come when I must sever it.

>Anduin’s stomach clenched. She knows. He continued reading.

>I will not put my people nor you, friend, at
>further risk.
>I still believe that there will come a day when
>we can speak openly, with the support of all our people.
>But that day has not yet come.
>>
File: 1527223273609.jpg (76 KB, 960x960)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>60274563
There's plenty of good groups on the EU rp servers that don't even allow erp.

In fact... on Argent Dawn I couldn't name a single good rp guild that openly allows erp.
>>
>>60320505
>>60320505
Wait, who?
>>
>>60316309
They all died fighting Lei-shen.
They decided that human (or elven) wave tactics was the best way to go on the isle of thunder. To be fair, they killed at LEAST 12 trolls among them
>>
>>60321212
Presumably anduin's blood elf (Ex) bodyguard.
>>
>>60320505
>>60322117
Dunno what's more disturbing: Anduin losing his elf poon, or Valeera actually getting involved into the faction war.
>>
>>60322215
>Anduin losing his elf poon
???
Who and what are you talking about?
>>
>>60322215
I mean, she IS a blood elf. It's not safe for her or anduin for them to be near one another. If they hung around too much, either she'd get whacked for being a spy, or jaina, tyrande or maybe alleria would freak out and start calling him a traitor or something and try to lead a coup
>>
File: Priest_preview_Shadow.jpg (149 KB, 960x480)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Remember that the Void Lords have already won.
>>
I was just thinking about the Alterac Valley and whom it rightfully belongs to, when it suddenly hit me.
Why are Frost Wolves there at all? I mean, wasn't Thrall supposed to be Orc Moses, who united all his people and guided them to the promised land in Kalimdor? Didn't he get a vision of terrible doom that would happen to the Eastern Kingdoms?

Did the entire Frostwolf clan hear him out, say "It can't be so bad!" and remain in Alterac?
>>
>>60320505
>Valeera, Garona and Liliana Voss suddenly decide they're in LOVE with Sylvanas
O... Okay? Can we get, like, Khadgar? No?
>>
>>60323881
Pretty much.
>>
>>60315485
>shadows of the horde has an alliance bias perspective
did we read the same book?
>>
>>60323900
Wait a minute, isn't it a little suspicious that THREE agents of the Uncrowned are "opportunistically" choosingt the Horde now that Sylvy's in charge?

They're going to gank her, mark my words.
>>
>>60323937
No, that would be too clever and subtle. Blizzard doesn't do that.
>>
>>60323881
>Under the leadership of the shaman Drek'Thar, the Frostwolf clan chose to remain in Alterac, and are now locked in battle with the relic-seeking dwarves of the Stormpike Guard.
>>
>>60273237

RE: Thrall cheated and the Elements punished him.

Did Blizz just completely forget about the time Garrosh challenged Thrall to mak'gora back in WotLK? Thrall CLEARLY uses elemental magic (and still nearly loses) and the elements never made a peep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5afNCOUgEZU
>>
>>60323945
Okay but come on. Valeera doesn't need to watch Anduin, Shaw's already doing that and Ravenholdt will probably have his eye on Wrathion in case he does anything funny. Captain Tethys'll be watching Kul Tiras and the South Seas.

Sylvanas will not be an easy target - who better to send than the Uncrowned's three best assassins? Even if Garona dies in the attempt, she puts her kingslaying talents to a GOOD use for once in her life, Valeera avenges Varian, and Lilian gets to strike back at the one who made her what she is now. And they're all of races Sylvanas either implicitly trusts to obey her or deems too dumb to try opposing her. Races she believes BELONG to her. She'd never see it coming.
>>
>>60324092
>Did Blizz just completely forget
Yes.
>>
>>60324192
Too clever. Here's what really happened.
>Valeera, Garona and Lilian look like a blood elf, and orc and an undead. Let's stick them into the faction where their races are, since this is an expansion about faction war.
>>
>>60324249
Just let me hope, anon.
>>
>>60323987
Drek'Thar who went to Orgrimmar during the founding of Durotar? Drek'Thar who returned to Alterac with the Frostwolves because vanilla WoW is the epitome of Warcraft writing Drek'Thar? Wow.
>>
>>60322117
Who the hell looks to Valeera for protection?
>>
>>60324379

Varian asked her and Broll to stay in Stormwind as bodyguards and advisors after Onyxia's death.
>>
>>60324444
Yes, I know that. I'm referring to now, in the context of this supposed letter where allegedly Valeera is quitting Stormwind.
>>
>>60324503
What I'm getting at is that it seems more likely that the letter is from Baine and "She knows" refers to Sylvanas.
The letter reads like a communication between friendly leaders. "Support of our people", what does that even mean to Valeera?
>>
File: sad doctor.gif (467 KB, 500x275)
467 KB
467 KB GIF
>>60320505
>being Bloodhoof is suffering
>>
File: brown thalyssra.jpg (310 KB, 1920x1080)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
Do you like lewd brown Nightborne?
>>
>>60325190

>brown Nightborne

Why not draw purple gnomes while you're at it?
>>
>>60325394
Purple gnomes aren't lewd.
>>
>>60325190
purple > brown
>>
File: 1528783655254.jpg (54 KB, 720x480)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>60324192
>Even if Garona dies in the attempt, she puts her kingslaying talents to a GOOD use for once in her life
I can dig it. Now granted I'm not too familiar with Garona, but I would assume she would have a lot of mixed feelings with going to war against the Alliance because "reasons" considering her history. Or at the very least, Stormwind anyways.
>>
>>60325462
Who are you, the Council of Lewd? Fuck off, preferably forever.
>>
>>60325948
Autistic anger is the best form of entertainment
>>
>>60323900
It's curious how people who care so much about Lilian Voss' awful old character can't spell her name. I wonder sometimes if all these shitposters even play the game.
>>
>>60326136
It's cause lilian voss's name at least is HEAVILY inspired by magic's liliana Vess. A female mage that specializes in the use of undead
>>
>>60315485
>half of the book was about a literal who-human hunter from Goldshire.
>>
>>60322117
>>60322215
>>60322240
>>60322407
>>60323900
You dumbasses, that's Anduin's letter from Baine. Sylvanas makes Baine right a "Mom says we can't be friends anymore." Letter to Anduin. Baine also tapes a piece of his horn to it.
>>
>>60324092
Did they finally confirm that it was "Thrall cheated and the Elements are mad at him"? Because if not it still sounds more like an 'inner turmoil fucking with Thrall's ability to shaman properly' thing. Monk lore and shaman lore are pretty intertwined, and both show that you need a sort of inner balance to do either right.
>>
>>60325190
Would of gotten me to play horde honestly.
Do you have more?
>>
>>60326136
the same reason people still write "Sylvanus" instead of Sylvanas

because they're fucking morons
>>
File: brown valtrois.jpg (215 KB, 1120x2139)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>60326478
Why yes
>>
>>60327696
Nice. Part of me wants to know "why?" But I'm just happy with the pictures
>>
>>60280744
in the story he wanted to bone aerin the dwarf before she got smashed by rocks.
>>
>>60280342
>Sylvanas in the actual game
You mean irredeemable zombie-hitler waifu? Tbh any break from that in golden's sylvanas is welcome.
>>
>>60328326
He also thought that draenei women were all attractive while training with Velen on the Exodar. He just couldn't meet any of them.
>>
So Golden being an official staff writer is a good thing, right? She tends to make the characters less crazy/more believable.
Like Golden Jaina wouldn't of stomped off after the Broken Shore
>>
>>60328383
people hate her and i've never gotten why. She's the only source of actual motivation for so many major WoW characters. I think it's mostly RvB faggots who want eternal war that hate her.
>>
>>60328358
>tfw second Med'an is made when anduin bones a draenei chick
>>
File: jastor gallywix.jpg (43 KB, 396x600)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Why exactly is Jastor Gallywix still in charge of the Goblins? Why was he ever? It's like if we deposed Garrosh then told him to join the horde again as a leader under Vol'Jin. Except Garrosh still had some concept of honor.
>>
>>60328401
William King and Greg Weisman were way better writers than Golden.
>>
File: d7nhrjfe83411.png (858 KB, 710x625)
858 KB
858 KB PNG
Yeah this doesn't break immersion.
>>
>>60328834
What immersion, it's wow
>>
>>60328848
Yeah, immersion kind of went out the window in cataclysm
>>
>>60328848
Still retarded seeing some dumb ogre recognizing a lightforged draenei and bothering to actually pronounce it.
>>
>>60328969
>>60328834
aren't there mobs that say your name when they aggro?

this just proves why Legion's aggro lines are better
>>
>>60328969
>>60328986
Should take it even further.
>Me smash male lightforged draenei retribution paladin!
>>
>>60328601
Because (((reasons)))
>>
>>60328601
Going through the goblin starting experience, it really feels like the player character was originally intended to end up the goblin faction leader. Then, at the last minute, they realized that was totally unfeasible and kept Gallywix even though the Bilgewaters should have hanged the fucker.
>>
>>60328601
Partially because the goblin player character can't be the racial leader (though they totally deserve it) and partially because Gallywix is just that good at what he does.

Goblins are vicious, unruly bunch at the best of times, so they need the most vicious and unruly of them to keep them generally in line. Gallywix is more fit for that role than the goblin PC, considering how selfless and easy to order around the latter is.
>>
>>60328344
If you don't care about continuity sure. If you expect the novel to match the games or vice versa it's just a headache.
Sylvanas is the one character who you know for a fact will always be zombie hitler, so falsely getting amped up otherwise is foolish.
>>
>>60329331
>>60330004
Why not Sassy?
>>
>>60330004
That's fucking stupid. It's like saying Forsaken are vile monsters so they must all be led by the vilest of all monsters and orcs are all niggers so they must be led by the most nigger orc in history.
In Warcraft it's the other way around. The race leaders/official characters set the example for the rest of the race and the behaviors and attitudes shift accordingly. It's called historical idealism and it's in full effect in Warcraft even going as far back as WC3 or even Lord of the Clans.
>>
>>60330106
>Slyvanas: unsaveable evil dictator leads the Forsaken
>Garrosh: Most niggerest of all orcs
>>
>>60330211
You're saying this is a good thing or you're saying that they're symptoms, not the cause. So you're either wrong or you're wrong.
>>
>>60330106
That line of thinking might work for Forsaken, who just want to be accepted, or for orcs, who worship the concept of honor often to their detriment, but goblins are different.

Not only are goblins incredibly intelligent and crafty (and short sighted), but what they (as a race) desire most is profit. Combine those two traits and you've created mercenaries that can and will drop their support as soon as greener pastures appear. That's not very conducive for a functional relationship between the goblins and the rest of the Horde.

So you need a goblin leader who is intelligent enough to convince the goblins under them that staying with the Horde provides the most profit, and yet callous enough to maintain control within the goblin hierarchy by punishing dissenters and rebuffing usurpers. Gallywix is both a natural at these talents, and is loyal enough to the greater Horde structure to ensure that if/when the chain breaks, it won't be the goblin link to blame.
>>
>>60330373
But you're completely missing the fucking point you idiot.
These "racial" characteristics you've arbitrarily invented for any given race are fabrications. At best you're just ignorant, at worst you're shitposting.
In Warcraft the leaders define the race, not the other way around. Use your goddamn brain.
>>
>>60330211
>We will eventually miss the days of Garrosh.memritv
>>
>>60330428
>fabrications

So what, are goblins NOT usually crafty, profit focused, and often short sighted? There's a reason why Garrosh's 'True Horde', the Iron Horde, and even the Fel Iron Horde all employed goblins- not only are they competent, but they're willing to follow any profit they can get their hands on.
>>
>>60330723
to be fair, under garrosh, everyone was still "cool, Blood and Honor, this feels orcy, the horde doesn't feel unfair" up until theramore. it was after that that everyone wanted garrosh deposed but even then some people were all for him and his new WMD's. The thing about Sylvanas is she doesn't feel like a warchief. Thrall, Garrosh, even Vol'Jin, they all espoused the ideals of honour, even if they all had different ideas of what it was. Sylvanas doesn't even pretend, she's just... shit. She's a shitty person and is telling the horde to be sneaky and dishonourable and none of us have a problem with it because blizzard is making it happen.
>>
>>60330732
>So what, are goblins NOT usually crafty, profit focused, and often short sighted?
Goblins are whatever the writing needs them to be and if provided with an actual character as a leader instead of caricature they would not have to be the Ancap caricature you describe to justify Gallywix as a leader.
Stop playing dumb.
>>
>>60330834
Most of the problems with the Horde in Cata weren't Garrosh's fault

They were the fault of bad writers with no sense of scale
>>
>>60330863
And Twilight cultists.
>>
>>60328426
Eh, Me'dan was more orc than draenei though. I'm gonna blame the orc genes for that nonsense
>>
>>60330863
But Garrosh is the fault of bad writers too, who thought that by having him kill Cairne they'd somehow win the fanbase over.
The fact is they saw the negative response to warmongering Varian by the Alliance, saw a significantly different negative response to warmongering Garrosh, and deduced that the Horde players were 100% behind being warmongers as long as Garrosh was "cool". Because if the Horde players used the same logic as the Alliance players they would just play Alliance, t. Blizzard.
>>
>>60330929
He can still fuck Garona.

I bet she heard some saucy tales from Valeera.
>>
>>60330935
I refuse to believe anyone thought having him kill Cairne would make him more popular. That is beyond retarded

I think they had him kill Cairne because they had an agenda they wanted to see fulfilled, to turn the current Horde into the WC2 Horde, which is why the Horde suddenly gained a giant population out of fucking nowhere and all the sane leadership was either killed off or sat in a corner while Garrosh did his retarded thing
>>
File: 25d5nz4j4i801.jpg (46 KB, 750x562)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>Night Elves get no Druid of the Bunny
>Trolls and fat humans get dinosaurs, turtles and treant animal forms
>>
>>60328326
>>60328358
>going from small robust ladies to 7' tall goat ladies.
Kid king of Stormwind have grown into a man of culture.
>>
>>60330984
It was mostly just to have all the other races of the Horde hate Garrosh.

Cairne god killed, Vol’jin had doubts, Sylvanas was monitored and Lor’thremar was abused.
>>
>>60307839
Weapons that are used from horse back have longer handles due to fact that you need to reach further to hit infantrymen but are not strait up twohanders.
>>
File: Saurfang.png (698 KB, 628x778)
698 KB
698 KB PNG
>>60331667
>mfw still can't do mounted combat outside of the use of Reins items that only give you the class mount
Why is Blizzard retarded? I'm not saying they need to let people mount combat in PvP or Dungeons or Raids but why only two classes can do it in the open world with just their trash basic bitch mount?
>>
>>60331766
>really wanting to let hunters run even faster with their long range
>>
File: NelfEdit.png (1.5 MB, 850x1190)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>60331803
PotM have been a thing since forever though.
>>
>>60331803
Runners would be soft countered by Paladins, thanks to that 20% mount speed skill that's baked into the class
>>
>>60331766
It feels weird for a lot of classes to be unable to mount but special mention goes to shaman. That class mount is like twice the size of the summoned elementals and probably twice as strong, why am I not casting magma through that thing/stormstiking Using its fists.
Also the shaman really needs to sit on that mount. That surf pose gets stupider the longer you look at it
>>
>>60328969
Yeah they should group elves into "elf" and shit depending on the mob.
>>
>>60328969
Imagine it with some of the Horde races:
>Highmountain Tauren
How does this thing know what a Highmountain is?
>Zandalari troll
Can an ogre even pronounce that?
>Nightborne
Right, like he'd know they even exist
>Mag'har Orc
Pfft
>>
>>60278989
The fact that I have seen nothing like this and no drama I couldn't fix with some nice and reasonable conversation leads me to believe that you're the one obsessed with climbing an imaginary social ladder and you're the one cresting drama. As is often so with the kind of people who complain about that stuff.
>>
>>60333331
Hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>60328848
Nu-wow.
>>
>>60287017
>Alliance
Humans
Dwarves
Gnomes
Kul'tirans
Titans
Niggers
Worgen

>Horde
Orcs
Trolls
Ogres
Goblins
Tauren
Centaur
Qiraj

>Accord
Blood Elves
Undead
Ethereals
Naga
Nerubians
Arrakoa
Draenei

>Circle
Night Elves
Pandaren
Dragons
Tuskarr
Vrykul
Harpies
Eredar

Titans aren't the actual Titans just the golem looking guys. Niggers, or Nig'dorei are an OC race I made to fill up the alliance, they are tall with blonde hair and blue eyes with long pointy ears. The centaur, qiraj, harpies, Eredar, etc. are nice ones that aren't part of their races main group. The Vrykul arent nice but they were forced to be there by not odin. The dragons are shitty ones but with mostly human forms like Alex or ysera.
>>
>>60333969
>The dragons are an entire faction of Wrathions and Chromies
That sounds hilarious
>>
File: anduin.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>tfw a literal undead banshee manages to recruit an entire ancient empire and their many demigods to her forces
>while all you've managed to get are some fat people who sit around in their own filth.
>>
>>60333969
>Alliance
A black human kingdom would be dope but this faction is too much of the same and would be boring to play
>Horde
How could Tauren and Centaur be on the same faction, and how would centaur work mechanically?
Also I would play the fuck out of Qiraji. Specially if the look like pic related.
>Accord
Not big on the name, and I don’t know how naga and nerubians could work as pcs without mounts or pants, but definitely seems like an interesting faction and I would definitely like to see how these races work together
>Circle
Dragons should be drakonids, then we’d have a playable reptile race. I don’t see how Eredar would ever be allowed to step anywhere near night elves, but if its done right I might be for it
>>
>>60276151
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wGT57mK6euNduXVwtLIPReHFuwaU45By/view this recently dropped over on plebbit.
>>
>>60335704
This brings up a good point. Why don't the Night Elf Wild Gods fight with the Alliance? Loa seem to have 0 issue fighting for the Horde
>>
>>60336071
I wanted to keep the factions thematically tight which is really hard for the alliance because the human Kingdoms take up most of that design space without being different enough to warrant separate races. If I can come up with anything then I'll replace Kul'tirans with them since they're just an allied race anyways.

With centaur I'm imagining a new religious group led by a charismatic prophet splinters off and humbly approaches the Horde to try and cure their races autism or whatever. No mounts is pretty rough but you're not going to play them if you're a mount collector. Just have give them something like what Worgen have and make their official racial mount a giant kite that they can ride as a flying mount. I don't think inability to ride every mount in the game should be a barrier for entry because it isn't in hots.

The Accord is still kind of a placeholder. I can't come up with anything else you can really shout. I was thinking The Pact or maybe the Concord. Something that seems like a joining of dark and somewhat nefarious groups. Naga can wear anything in the modelviewer already and they can just ride sidesaddle. Nerubians might need a mantid-like model but I would prefer a stranger one.

Eredar are wow Draenei while Draenei are warcraft 3 draenei. There should definitely be very reptilian options but I wanted dragons to be a big attraction to the faction. Maybe have full on Drakonids as an allied race.
>>
>>60336765
The Accord could simply be called the Forsaken, which would imply the undead are recruiting the other races. It sounds less like a union of different cultures, but For the Forsaken seems like a fun shout, plus it has that dark sound to it. It’d be kinda similar to how the Horde is an orcish title but everyone just kinda accepted it as their identity when they joined.
>>
>>60336765
>>60336071
I took a walk to think about it. I don't want to give the alliance something that compromises their integrity like a villainous race that people would think is pulling the strings or an uncivilized tribal race. So the best option I can think of is Jinyu. It gives an exotic edge to the faction while still retaining their role, attitude and aesthetic. They're kind of nobodies right now though so they would have to be expanded on with a well defined homeland and more attention given to their culture. Their connection to murlocs being expanded on would help to make them more important to the lore. People would be asking questions and shit though unless I gave a context wall every time though.
>>
>>60337429
I heavily agree with you on this. Jinyu would make a great alliance race, keeping the theme while still diversifying beyond “humans of various sizes”. It’d also give the Alliance to counter the Accord’s Naga and the Circle’s Tuskarr, underwater warfare a thing. That’d also open up Gilblins for the Horde as an allied race, seeing they have to one to help in the inevitable ocean depths expansion. Tbh as long as you’ve played MoP I don’t think you need much context for Jinyu.
>>
>>60337278
I like that because it applies to every single race in the faction in its own way. It's especially juicy with Ethereals because on the surface they're just a large mercenary group the faction hired but deep down faction pride still has meaning to them because they lost their whole fucking planet if I remember correctly. I don't like the preexisting notions that comes with the name but that makes too much sense both realistically and artistically not to use. Thanks m8.
>>
>>60337512
>implying Jinyu aren't just water humans
>>
>>60337631
I'm on vacation phone posting right now so just pretend I wrote a list describing every race as basically humans.
>>
>>60337837
>dwarves
short humans
>gnomes
really short humans
>night elves
purple humans
>draenei
goat humans
>worgen
wolf humans
>pandaren
furry humans
>orcs
green humans
>trolls
blue humans
>tauren
horny humans
>undead
dead humans
>blood elves
mana-addicted humans
>goblins
green and short humans
>>
>>60274870
I don't understand why you keep posting this image in every single thread.
>>
>>60314661

CALIA HAS A KID!!!???

DROPPED
>>
>>60273878
Who are the Lawful/Chaotic Evil pallies?
>>
>>60338078
chaotic evil is Maximilian of Northshire, lawful evil is some Scarlet Crusader
>>
>>60338156
Oh yeah, I remember Maximillian. Thanks!
>>
>>60336558
Because they know the Horde is in the right. :^)

But more seriously, probably because a lot of the Wild Gods have a soft spot for the Tauren, who have never forsaken them and the Emerald Dream, while the Night Elves only really devoted themselves as a society to them when they had no other choices.

Then don't forget that Darkspear and Zandalari druids are free and willing adherents to their Loa/Wild Gods and the Highmountain were literally blessed by Cenarius.

However, the Gilnean harvest witches were afflicted with the Worgen curse and jumped into druidism to regain control of themselves (plus the fact that most Gilneans weren't harvest witches to begin with/aren't druids now) while it seems that the Kul Tiran druids are possibly partially cursed by Drust death magic, giving them the ability to shapeshift into various wicker golem forms.

So while the Night Elves are still the primary race to follow druidism and worship the Wild Gods, generally it seems that the Horde cultures WANT to be druids, while Alliance ones HAVE to.
>>
>>60338388
>Horde cultures want to be druids
>Bomb a druid academy in Stonetalon
>Blight Gilneas and Southshore
>Blow up the Vale of Eternal Blossoms
>Burn down Teldrassil
Ok.
>>
>>60338446
Ok, let me rephrase that for you, since you're too stupid to comprehend it.

Tauren, Darkspear, Zandalari, and Highmountain druids seem to WANT to be druids, as they've been loyal worshipers as well as following the tenants of druidism as societies for a very long time.

However, Night Elf, Gilnean, and Kul Tiran druids seem to HAVE to follow the paths of druidism. Various points in their respective histories, they scorned the power of nature in favor of other, easier to harness powers (arcane, light, etc.) until catastrophic events made the going bad enough to make druidism appealing again. (The Sundering, famines in Gilneas, etc.)

Plus, the actions you listed were decided by and carried out by orcs, undead, and goblins- none of which can be druids and likely don't want to be for the most part.
>>
>>60338446
>Bomb a druid academy in Stonetalon
Okay that was a bad move, made by a dickhead orc
>blight Gilneas and Southshore
What does this have to do with Druidism and wild gods?
>blow up vale of eternal blossoms
Also a dick move but entirely unrelated to druids
>burn down Teldrassil
Teldrassil was a mistake, if anything this is moving druids in the right direction.
The reason the Wild Gods don’t help the Alliance is cause they’re more focused on the Emerald dream and nature. Unless they’re protecting a sacred forest they have nothing to gain from the faction war. Loa on the other hand are all about getting trolls to suck their dicks. Helping out would definitely get more people to worship them
>>
>>60338592
More likely like all good Hordefucks they just like to exploit their power over nature while giving lip service to the beliefs while they gleefully serve a faction bent on destroying Life itself.
The fact is no-one but male Night Elves should've ever even been able to comprehend the truth of Druidism and Nature and the ascension of Loa, Shamanism, Sun Worship, all of these things were just added to make Hordefucks more palateable.
>>
>>60338688
>What does this have to do with Druidism and wild gods?
>a lore about maintaining balance in nature
>using unnatural death magic created plague to ensure that nothing actually grows in huge swathes of land.
>>
>>60338701
Jesus buddy who shat in your Cheerios?
>>
>>60338862
he is just angry at the constant retcons.
>>
>>60338817
>be Tauren
>wanted to use Druidism and Shamanism to cure the Forsaken of their curse of undeath
>Hamuul vouched for them, so they must want to be good, right?
>10 years later, you're sitting on the Spirit Rise asking your ancestors why it all went so wrong
>they're as lost for words as you are
>And now your chieftain and Archdruid both have that look in their eyes that says "there is no version of the events to come where we escape with clean hands"
>You trusted Vol'jin's judgement, and now you're pretty sure your new Warchief is going to plague Mulgore and make you all undead if you don't help her kill the Alliance and recruit your Highmountain brethren to do the same
>>
>>60338905
I'm angry at the blatant insincerity of it all. Like if there were actual druid mains / Nelf players running the storyboards at Blizzard they wouldn't have happened. Instead we got that pathological liar Metzen for X many years who pretended to care about druids and shaman but was actually a Human Paladinfuck, then Kosak for Y many years and all he cares about is his WC2 Sylvanas fetish, and now it's just a conveyor belt of mass-produced recolor lore for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: For Glory and Honor.jpg (135 KB, 762x872)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>
>>60339196
its more like blizzard raised the stakes so fucking high that they forgot about the factions in their grand overarching narrative.
The setting is fucked now.
>>
>>60337907
>Tauren
>Horny humans
No, I'm pretty sure that's still the draenei.

Tauren can be beefy humans.
>>
>>60338592
Both types of tauren druids seem to be a lot more in harmony with nature at their baseline than nelves, worgen and gilneans. As for the troll druids, I'm pretty their form of druidism is basically the result of them going down a completely different path than anyone else but ending up at the same place anyways. Seems to be a theme with trolls honestly, they're always kinda doin' their own thing
>>60340779
That's a great terrible pun
>>
>>60340868
Yes exactly.

Now I won't discredit the importance of night elves in the druid hierarchy, or the abilities of the exceptional night elf druids, or even maybe the raw numbers of fully capable druids.

But it can't be ignored that both Night Elf and Gilnean society focused away from nature magic during their respective good times, and only came back en mass when it was that or death.

Tauren and Troll tribes never NEEDED druids to survive- they're hunter-gatherers primarily. They saw the benefits of druidism, clearly; and they enjoy acting on behalf of nature and the Emerald Dream, but because it has always been a solid pillar of their psyche, there was no wavering of faith followed by an overexurberant return to make up for lost time.
>>
>>60342685
>Druidism with Tauren fell out of their culture for tens of thousands of years
>Only the Tauren who interacted with Cenarius stayed Druids, and only while he was around
>>
>>60342685
So Wild Gods are picking favourites over what pleases them most at the passing time, even though they all pretty much have their own dedicated race of followers?

Let's go down the list. Elune literally banged Malorne, one of the most powerful Wild Gods. Elune's attendant and most stalwart friend is Aviana. Ursoc and Ursol created the Furbolgs, who were peerless friends to the Night Elves and staunch allies (even if they were susceptible to corruption for being mere beasts like Quillboar, Gnolls, Tauren..)

Elune had a deep connection with Goldrinn as well, and her judgement drove him to become as bloodthirsty as an image of a giant wolf that was pissed off might beckon. Goldrinn and Ashamane, though we don't know much about their connection with the Night Elves, seem to respect them highly, considering that they protected Eldre'thalas and Suramar with their very lives (two markedly highborne cities. I guess the Wild Gods dont really give a shit if you 'turn your back' on them.) Ashamane had a lot of contact with the Elves besides, since we know she slept near the Well of Eternity for thousands of years.

The others(and indeed, all of them)? Well that is where we have Cenarius. He personally sought out pretty much all of the Wild Gods to help in The War of the Ancients. He was the Night Elves truest friend, and their protector. He is the son of Elune, and is LITERALLY IN HER VISION, THE SAME VISION OF THE NIGHT ELVES.

I can't see how anyone with eyes can look at Cenarius and balk at the idea of the Night Elves being his children just as much as Elune's. And Cenarius is connected to the very essence of the Dream, just as much as Ysera is I'd argue.

Did I mention Ysera or Aessina, one literally taking on the perfect form of the Night Elves, the other granting them in their afterlife her own form? The Emerald Dream, and the Wild Gods intrinsically ARE the Night Elves.
>>
>>60342685
>night elves have been following druidism steadily ever since cenarius began to teach them.
>>
>>60339199
that glitched tabard is an eyesore
>>
>>60345389
Isn't it meant to be a painted part of the belt, and the tabard is meant to be tucked into the belt?
>>
>>60345441
Tabard goes under belt geometry but Wowhead model viewer is a piece of shit
>>
>>60345389
It actually isn't because it looks like It connects to the cloth on the thighs which is really cool.
>>
>>60316309
Ignore everything they've said so far, it's because 90% of the Horde's pop is made up of belves and belves were originally put in to balance out the factions. Helves would be far too popular for Blizzards liking.
>>
>>60274563
>reee muh ERP boogeyman
Act your age and just RP instead of being perpetually offended.
>>
>>60345764
He means the part where the Tabard is overlaying itself on top of the belts model. THAT is ugly as fuck
>>
>>60346129
Oh fuck I didn't even see.
>>
>>60273237
They made Naaru go full imperial purge on people who don't worship the light.

I'm sorta done with the series at this point just for fucking up Yrael cause they needed to focus on the HORDE V ALLIANCE YET AGAIN.
>>
>>60348257

What else is there to do but focus on Red vs. Blue? The Old Gods are chump change wherever they pop up, but on the other end there's no way Blizz is going to let us march against the Void Lords, that's the ultimate ending of Warcraft.
>>
>>60329098
made me kek out loud
>>
>>60348257
Oh go fuck yourslef waifufaggot
Yrel was a terrible character, at least now she has something other then muh lawful good holy goat
>>
>>60348257
See the spoiler in >>60314528 about Yrel.
The naaru have gone nuts, she has not.
>>
Do elf girls just love big human cocks?
There are a lot of human/high elf couples
how can elf man even compete
>>
>>60349448
Name some that don't involve Windrunners.
Then when you have them all, compare the numbers of crazy elves (The windrunners) with the not crazy ones that have human boyfriends.
>>
>>60349581
t. salty elf basedboy
>>
>>60349600
I prefer playing LF draenei. It's just math and logic. The Windrunners are crazy. They also prefer human men. Therefore, until other data presents itself, elf women who like human men are crazy.
>>
File: 1523558759724.jpg (40 KB, 664x599)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>Sylvanas canoodle with a fucking earlet
>Meanwhile wholesome Dark Ranger elf romance is unexplored
>>
Is Anduin gay?
>>
File: Taunka_1.jpg (285 KB, 486x615)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
tfw no Taunka allied race
>>
>>60338078
>>60338156
Lawful Evil is Renault Mograine, the Ashbringer's son who betrayed him.
>>
Official theme for Horde players in Zandalar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHOaxfj5TdY
>>
>>60287017
Alliance
Human
Blood Elf (Kael'thas comes back with some light crystal shit and they forgive and rejoin in exchange for protection and help rebuilding)
Dwarf
Gnome

Horde
Orc
Troll
Tauren
Goblin (also rejoin)

Expansion 1: Death knight (with dark ranger spec) for all races
Expansion 2: Alliance: Draenei (Broken preretcon) Horde: Ogre
Expansion 3: Druid for all races
Expansion 4: Alliance: Uncorrupted Eredar Horde: Night Elf
Expansion 5: Warlock (with demon hunter spec) for all races

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.