[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>What is Exalted?
A role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below).

>Gosh that sounds fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. There is also a Discord channel at https://discord.gg/WzKNf6R

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/BXSGuFdQ

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Previews:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w3pa3fzeeezsc

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/aBBt9tqi

Previous thread: >>60653615

starter:
>>
>>60746649
Anybody still have a copy of adamant siaka's rewrite of 2e lunars using alchemicals as a base? the one that didn't make lunars inexplicably good at craft, and kept enough of the original 2e lunar charms to give things a more lunar flavor
>>
"This game isn't dead"
>>
>>60748055
What's to talk about? We've still got a fucking year for lunars. The exalt for furries.
>>
>>60748098
So a year to wait for another year of lassitude
>>
Anybody have a decent 2.5e dragonblood rewrite where they aren't TOTAL mooks who's every charm fails in the presence of celestial exalts?
>>
>>60748509
I'd just use 3e.
>>
>>60748487
It's going a lot faster than before. Which is sad but holden and morke are no long there to drag their feet.
>>
>>60748509
I'd do a 2.5 rewrite that allows the use of Evocations like we are doing in one game I'm in.
>>
Do we know when we'll get the extra Dragonblood book?
>>
>>60750856
Do you mean the backer charms or the realm setting book they were planning. Have no clue about the setting book but the backer charms should be with the actual book or shortly after.
>>
>>60751298
The one that includes more info about Lookshy and other factions.
>>
>>60751333
We don't really have a date. I believe the plan is before lunars.
>>
>>60748055
Well, no, it isn't.
>>
>>60748055
There's more to the wordl than 4chan, and there's more to Exak´lted than /exg/.
>>
So how different is the 3e story in comparison to 2e?
>>
>>60748055
If the game is dead among the average poster here that can only mean good things for the player pool's increasing quality.
>>
>>60753520
What do you mean by 'story'? If you mean an official metaplot, there isn't one. The story is whatever happens in any given campaign. If you mean the basic setup of things, it's fundamental core remains the same as always. Solars have returned, the Empress has gpne missing, the status quo is broken, all kinds of new threts and possibilities follow, what are you going to do with them?
>>
Who else is in the Bull's circle?
I can only recall him and the Mammoth chick.
>>
>>60754719
I don't remember if we had their names.
>>
>>60755182
I'm surprised Rune isn't in it, he's a notable northern solar.
>>
Btw are there some interesting dawn solar in the scavanger lands? Or those are only PC playgrounds?
I haven't gleaned one while skiming through 2e books.
>>
>>60755512
I'm pretty sure Dace is from the Scavenger Lands, though calling him interesting would be a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>60755512
While not dawns the new night is from Nexus and I'm pretty sure there is an eclipse from Great Forks.
>>
>>60752988
In the topic of traditional games, this is the only worthwhile medium. Where are you going to go, rpg,net? Hahaah
>>60753599
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>60748098
Exitgents when?
>>
>>60755543
Well, yeah, that's a stretch, but that was a good try, thanks.

I needed some stone cold, powerfull and selfrightious fucker lording over the lands for my campaign. And well, that's quite opposite of what Dace is, really.

>>60755707
You mean somewhere from 3e core?
>>
>>60755723
>In the topic of traditional games, this is the only worthwhile medium. Where are you going to go, rpg,net? Hahaah
Regardless, activity on rpg.net probably tells more about whether a game is dead or not than activity here. Same goes for activity in the official forum. I prefer /tg/ over any other RPG forum I know of, sure, but it would be outright delusional to think that /exg/ matters all that much when it comes to Exalted fandom in general.
>>
>>60753520
it's generally worse lore-wise, what little we have so far
>>
>>60756343
It does do things better, too. The Dreaming Sea and Prasad are probably my favorite areas now.
>>
Hearing all the talks about the usurpation, sidereals and who was right I never heard anyone talking about the actual climax of usurpation. The spectre war.
And after reading 2e books and stumbling upon it I actually consider it one of the best plottwist in the whole setting, and the one that actually pinpoints the rights and wrongs, and clarifies a great ammount of what actually happened.
And most importantly it's a great inspiration for anyone who actually plays exalted.
>>
>>60759219
I'm not about to scrounge 2e books for possibly maybe something. Oblige us
>>
>>60759485
During the usurpation, when magic created by solars entirely crumbled, everywhere, including the underworld, nephwracks immidiately responded with force, leading legions of spectres to conquer Stygia and the whole underworld under the rule of neverborn stopping the sun cycle there, and siezing all the reign...
If not for ghost of Solars, Lunars, Dragonbloods and even Sidereals who died in usurpation, and instead of going straight to Lethe like they could, they decided to fight no matter what. They where burried with all their gear that duplicated into their spectre forms, the great curse was lifted from them with their power and exaltation, and they finally became the Solars everyone needed but did not deserve, and in their attonement for their previous sins they where so iconic, that even the dragonblooded who they killed during the usurpation and dead bronze fraction sidereals admired them and gathered under their command, pushing the nepwracks asses back into the mouth of void during the underworldshaking war, before finally passing on in their next life partially redeemed.

That clearly shows that Solars of the age where in the wrong, but only due to the great curse, and as soon as it was lifted they immidiately knew what have they done, and even dead they could show such virtue that even dragonbloods who where genociding them literally a year ago managed to forgive them immidiately.
>>
>>60759485
>>60759892
Btw the material is in the Compass of celestial directions underworld. Right in the start of the book. And I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, which is quite unfortunate, because it distracts the reader from the usual ethernal right\wrong discuss, and brings him back to the point of setting.
>>
>>60756343
How so?
>>
>>60759934
There were still thirteen dead Solars who looked at all of the excesses of the First Age and decided FUCK YOU, I still didn't do anything wrong, even sans Great Curse.

Part of the reason why things were so dire in the tail end of First Age was the Great Curse, but it was also the god-awful culture that emerged over time. The Solars had run the world effectively for millenia before that without going mad. It was only when they were held up as holy paragons who could do no wrong for a few thousand years that things started getting dangerous and excessive.

If anything, the intervening millennia of anti-solar propaganda is probably good for Creation for the long-term, even if the Solars do end up on top again, simply because there's enough cynicism and memory of what went wrong the first time that the Solars are going to have to face more scrutiny instead of endless approval.
>>
>>60754719
Fear Eater, the Eclipse.
>>
>>60761084
>There were still thirteen dead Solars who looked at all of the excesses of the First Age and decided FUCK YOU, I still didn't do anything wrong, even sans Great Curse.
To be honest much fewer. For examle Eye and Seven Despairs who might be the first one, hated one thing, and one thing only. And not the realm or dragonblood or people who betrayed them, he FUCKING HATED the solars themselves, LITERALLY the ones during the first age.
Mask of winters and his collegue Walker gone mad from prophecy and isolation and missed the whole spectre war too.
I don't know much about others motivations, but about half of them had their own reasons quite different from mere fuck you.

About the millenias of peace. Well it quite simplier it seems. The great curse seems to be amplified with essence level, and when you are a celestial ruler with essence 8 it probably hits to the head hard as a truck. Most those immidiately realized that they where wrong the moment they where stripped from exaltations.

One of the books of 2e mentiones that saga of the exalted would not be over before you can get rid of the great curse.
>>
>>60761360
I feel that the Great Curse must be lived with, or else, treated as something intrinsic rather than extrinsic and removable.

The goal isn't to change the Exalted condition, the goal is to encourage the idea that ultimately even Exalts are still human, and are every bit as fallible.
>>
File: Exalted Endgame.png (220 KB, 743x215)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>60761360
It's at the end of Return of the Scarlet Empress, talking about the end game for Exalted.
>>
>>60755723
lol it's ok to admit we are part of the problem, dont be a little bitch
>>
>>60761610
where is remove curse? do i fail reading forever or is it not in there
>>
File: 1380326527482.png (190 KB, 289x467)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
Is it just me, or is Solar Presence weak?
>>
>>60756343
Palanquin alone is better than 2e lore in its entirety.
>>
>>60762613
Just you.
>>
>>60762506
No, I did. Or indeed, I failed my memory I check. Thought it was in there. My bad.
>>
>>60761084
Lion just wants peace and realized Oblivion is the final solution
>>60762291
You can shove your "we" up your ass, pal. I agree YOU are part of a lot of problems, you're right about that.
>>
Honestly the best part about 3e is all the diversity they added to the North.
It no longer reads as just White Barbarian Land.
>>
>>60761084
I don't know about that, plenty of their douchebaggery was right at the start. like when they genocided every man woman and child of the races they declared illegal or traitorous despite having perfect diplomacy charms, or when they fucked over the jadeborn and drove off autobot and gia for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>60755182
>>60754719
They all get stated out in compass north I'm pretty sure, give me a moment
>>
>>60761084
>Solars are going to have to face more scrutiny instead of endless approval.

and then the party eclipse popped off a handful of social and linguistics charms...
>>
>>60763554
A zenith called Samea, a twilight called Raneth, and a night called Nalla bloodaxe
>>
>>60763600
Social is no longer an I-win-button in 3E like it was in 2E. At the very least, if someone is an ardent detractor, especially an Exalt, it's still gonna take some work *and* some genuine sincerity to show them you're for real.
>>
>>60763623
The Bull is a dawn, so who is the Eclipse?
>>
>>60763825
Some no nonsense middle aged merchant dude who is looking after/governing a city-state that the Bull conquered. I can't recall his name.
>>
>>60763825
It doesn'r seem they have one. At least they aren't listed under the bull's circle in the section everyone else is.
>>
>>60748924
no, it's for an existing 2e game
>>
what styles of food would you expect in each direction?
>>
>>60764352
>North
A lot of stews and soups, mostly meats with with some roots, nuts and the occasional tuber. Boiling distributes warm vapor through enclosed spaces and keeping a pot of something on the fire basically all the time is good enough way to keep your home warm in the harsh Northern climes.

>East
You'd get a lot of produce here. Side salads would be a must with every meal. Greatest variety of fruits and vegetables, along with more birds than the north. About equal in terms of beast meat, but it would be more commonly roasted than stewed.

>South
The Southwest has a lot of good trade routes, so they'd import from all over. Natively, you'd get a lot of spices. Water's a commodity, so rare and exotic juices and wines would be a bit more common. Tough vegetables and more exotic beast meat. I could imagine the practice of pan-frying originated in the South.

>West
Besides the obvious of marine life, sea salt and exotic fruits, I don't know. Wild boars? Limes?
>>
>>60763178
baka

I'm sure you are a pure and unsullied gaming paragon who is definitely not too in love with the smell of their own farts. Exalted seems to attract that type (I don't exempt myself from that because I'm not full of shit).
>>
>>60763825
>>60764090
Read the thread
>>60761299
>>
>>60764352
Impossible to answer beyond vague generalities because Creation is vast, even if you separate it into the Directions.
>>
>>60764606
????
>>60763861
>>
>>60755762
Those abominations come after. Fuck holden for that. Especially fuck him for setting it before the core exalts.
>>
>>60755762
Shortly after alchemicals if there is any justice in the world.

There isn't
>>
I really like Exalted but I really dislike Exalted players. Maybe if I run the game in another system or something...
>>
>>60764490
>Boiling distributes warm vapor through enclosed spaces

iirc when it's that cold the thing you do NOT want to do is up humidity though.

like those survival shows in iceland, the steam vents are a deathtrap because it seems warm and then you're fucked if you try to leave, so you end up stuck there.
>>
File: 1301014131326.jpg (90 KB, 492x600)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>60746649
>>
>>60766517
Yeah. In general, you want blubber and shit.
>>
Anyone got any good ideas for a Liminal Exalt?

I've just been toying around with one from Fade, created before the Solars were freed and their first age queen re-incarnated. The shamans of Fade feared the loss of the Golden Men as her bloodline thinned and faded away, and so created this Exalt as a test.
Each part of him is from one of her descendants.
>>
>>60766012
Can't you run it for personal friends IRL? It worked out swell when I did it.
>>
So how do you conceptualize what short/medium/long/extreme range are? In a fight, it's easy but when you have mountain-crossing leap technique or god speed steps, how far do you move exactly? I miss the old yards system for out of combat stuff.
>>
>>60767696
That involves him having friends irl.
And this is 4chan.
>>
>>60766517
Its different if you can control where the heat and humidity and can stay warm after.
Hense saunas.
>>
>>60768136
Well, use something like meetup, finding gaming groups, and make friends. Preferably people not familiar with Exalted
>>
>>60768136
>Not belonging to a pack of autists
It feels pretty gud man.
>>
So I tried my hand at Sidereal Dodge again with the advice given to me last time. Duck fate, avoidance kata and Neighborhood relocation scheme are pretty much copy pasted.

I'm still worried about the dodge combat charms. Comparing it to solars and DB's they feel like each charm does more than most do. But lack, general evasion abilities. I'm still wondering if I should break up absence and freedom into repurchases. I'm also not sure what to add to help dodge. Though, Sidereal's flow in blood will probably be in presence.

https://pastebin.com/0y72rnbb
>>
>>60764580
How'd you know? Even I would have trouble recognizing my own perfection only trough text!
>>60768116
It's not like the definitions would change unless you base speed changed. All speed charms so far are speed burst type.
>>
>>60770452
The issue is that mountain leaping lets you move three a turn. Is that just like a football field or are we talking being able to move miles at a time. There are several charms that just move you an arbitrary amount.
>>
>>60770576
Basically a football field. If you somehow had a base speed increase, I'd just shorten the ranges. What most count as short you count as close, but not embattled unless another character counts you as close, medium is short, etc, for the purpose of movement that is.
>>
>>60770184
So, I seem to have hit a bump in the road. How does one make socialize work with their charms? A direct copy paste just gives them a bunch of effects that give them very little help with the current system.
>>
>>60771455
I think the answer is the same as the one I was having for dodge charms, just add more. It seems like Sidereals will need about 12-15 per tree to compete with other exalts in this edition; that is unless every effect is overloaded.
>>
>>60759892
That's incredible. Thank you so much for posting this I'm in awe of this story.
>>
>>60761084
2e had a lot of solar wanking. Which is weird because some of the worst exalts in that edition were solars. I mean almost objectively shitty people.
>>
>>60763540
>when they genocided every man woman and child of the races they declared illegal or traitorous

I only remember the Alaun and that always seemed more like them simply not having the capacity to surrender.
>>
>>60768438
It does, but if you do you can tell this 4chan is diving back towards the deep end of things.
>>
i'm trying to think of reasons that a single dragonblooded would hate their own exaltation. so far i've got huge personal trauma at the hands of a dragonblooded, personal trauma due to whatever element they are as dragonblooded, and they were raised to absolutely hate dragonblooded. are there any other blanket reasons one would hate being a dragonblooded?
>>
>>60771810
Glad you like it.
Rulebooks do actually hide many interesting pieces aside from general politics.
>>
>>60774872
He dreamed to become celestial\exigent and now stuck there? Forever dragonblood. Kek.
>>
>>60774872
hes a lintha, exalting is proof of his impure blood

he was content with the simple life it looked like he was on track for, and now suddenly everybody has all these expectations and you're a weirdness magnet so you can't even hide far away where nobody knows? you know, the "boo hoo, i don't wanna be a princess. i envy the streetrat" thing, which requires him to have led a very sheltered life as a mortal

he lived in paragon, exalting burns off the oath brand and now his place in the world is all disrupted. either he runs to who knows where or he reswears the oath, but the paragon doesn't want a random db citizen keeping his head down, he wants a member for the elite guard?

i mean sure this is exactly how things do not work in paragon , hes happy to have exalts sign up as random citizens and doesn't force things on people...

circumstances around the exaltation rather than the exaltation itself, how'd he get it?

born on sunken luthe

dragonblooded son of a douchebag celestial, grew up hearing about how dbs aren't "real" rexalts ;)?

in that same vein:

he was a godblood, one of the ones with a good relationship with the spirit, and 2e lore about the mandate means now his parent suddenly has no time for him except to shit on him for not even potentially ever being a solar

out of ideas now. but why do you want this? it just sounds like hollow angst to me. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CursedWithAwesome

it's lame when solars do it, at least not without good life-destroying reasons to which "hating my exaltation" is more tangential than an actual thing and what he really hates is what happened because of it(i don't actually hate being a solar, i hate how my dynast parents called the wyldhunt, and how my brother got himself killed helping me escape), but it's just a horrible annoying concept for a dragonblood.
>>
>>60774872
beastman from mahasuki's rape camps. now instead of being the rapist you're the rapee, assuming he doesn't just kill you outright
>>
>>60774872
his entire family are fire aspects, his mother is a fire aspect, he came out wood and thinks this makes him a secret bastard. and maybe it does since some random wood aspect seems to have a weird interest in his career.
>>
>>60775354
was about to close a deal to become an exigent, his motivation up to this point?

IS the perfect of paragon, half his staff's powers don't work anymore and exalting counted as his death for breaking attunement and all the oaths hes amassed along with it. this is legitimately a downgrade in his eyes. especially since he will never be a twilight
>>
>>60774991
That shit doesn't work in game. There are 600 celestial exalts and only a couple dozen exigents, if you use them. There are at least a hundreds of millions of people in creation. That's like getting indigent you only won several hundred thousand dollars to the million dollar jackpot. That's not a stance to take even in the first age.
>>
>>60775437

>IS the perfect of paragon, half his staff's powers don't work anymore and exalting counted as his death for breaking attunement and all the oaths hes amassed along with it. this is legitimately a downgrade in his eyes. especially since he will never be a twilight

This is impossible. Dragonblooded don't exalt past 20.
>>
>>60775489
>That's not a stance to take even in the first age

Only because the assholes who'd think like that were long ago chosen as solars so nobody was left to get pissed about being a db ;)
>>
>>60776061
No, that's such a stupid reason for it. That's what a player would do, not a character in the world. There are mortals and then there are the few exalted that exist. The chance to get any exalted is slim and treating it otherwise is bullshit.
>>
>>60760941
for one, no daystar or any of the minor celestials associated with sol, and a lot of wondrous solar magitech is called "miracles".
>>
>>60774991
Unless he DOUBLE exalts
>>60776310
Thank fucking god, that daystar shit is the first reason I rejected 2e.
>>
>>60776310
The daystar is an interesting shards concept. It's a shitty thing in game. Same deal stating the incarnae.
>>
>>60774872
the first time he flared his anima he burned down an orphanage or his friends house, but his adopters told him he did nothing wrong , his dead friends are nobodies who where lucky to know someone as great as him and seeing him flare will enlighten them in the next life. but his morals have been thoroughly set at that point to be against killing normies.

or he comes from that one riverlands city, run by corrupt sun worshipers that teaches that dragonblooded ruined the golden age of the suns chosen and should be killed. i've used this one as a plot hook to give my lunar and solar players a direction to go when they where pissing about too much.
>>
>>60776362
that also means no nyslea, and that sol is watching creation instead of jacking it in his heroin firehose drinking, wow playing, neet dome. it makes him seem like a bit of a dick. in 2e he was put in a room to prevent his overwhelming compassion from overwhelming his other virtues, keeping himself busy by fucking luna as he cosplayed as felix argyle and playing runescape. now he's in the sky while creation is going down the shitter, looking down on the world while thinking about fucking luna.
>>
>>60776964
No, it doesn't. Gods aren't their purview. It wasn't until the daystar they tried to make the sun his dog. Or fucking Tomas the tank engine. It was a bunch of bad ideas.
>>
>>60776964
This also goes to that stupid ass idea that humans, or creation by the way, matter to the incarna or heaven anymore. Creation is the Solar Exalted responsibility. Heaven will only get involved if Heaven itself is threatened.
>>
>>60776964
Nysela is popular enough to resurface somewhere, probably somewhere that PCs can actually interact with her
>>
>>60776964
Sol was always a dick.
>>
>>60755998
>Regardless, activity on rpg.net probably tells more about whether a game is dead or not than activity here.
Would you say a zombie is alive because it twitches and moans?
>>
>>60759892
>That clearly shows that Solars of the age where in the wrong, but only due to the great curse, and as soon as it was lifted they immidiately knew what have they done
That's retarded and goes against one of the game's core tenets. More evidence the Great Curse is a terrible plot element.
>>
>>60780128
We are the fucked up zombie part of the internet.
Us talking or not talking about a game is the worse indicator of it's life.
>>
>>
>>60782880
Post the edit with all the censor bars.
>>
>>60777569
where else are they gonna get ambrosia?
>>
>>60782922
the just one censor bar version is funnier
>>
>>60782922
What?
>>
>>60782929
The mortal populace of heaven.
>>
>>60783033
"the seventh sword is her penis

in fact there are no swords, she clutches only an array of dicks"
>>
>>60746679
not it, but the closest i've found https://web.archive.org/web/20180709005426/http://ninjasensei.wikidot.com/alchemical-conversion-variant
>>
>>60746679
I've seen alchemicals refluffed to replace lunars (with lunar shapeshifting and knacks tacked on)

but now I want to see 2e lunar charms (sans knacks and shapeshifting) refluffed to replace the alchemicals. a full switch.
>>
>>60774991
>He dreamed to become celestial\exigent and now stuck there? Forever dragonblood. Kek.
God I'm glad 3e is removing this as the default attitude for all gods in the setting.

"Sure you guys have been ruling Creation for thousands of years, but we still respect you less than this syphilitic mortal peasant with three teeth, because there's a chance, however slight, that *he* might be a Solar someday!"

Considering how corrupt most gods are, I don't get all the Yu-Shan fluff that has them all rejoicing that the Solars are back and lining up to get on their knees when they've basically had the run of the place for millennia.
>>
>>60784406
They gods had less actual work to do back when the Solars were running things.
>>
>>60784406
in 2e they were mindraped into feeling that way by the sun's mandate of subordination when he gave creation to solars. and remember that 2e solar socialize charms were nerfed compared to 1e where resisting was literally impossible instead of just virtually impossible
>>
>>60784406
Thousands of years in a the vision of an immortal? A fucking evening nap. And if you haven't noticed, creation got turbo fucked under DB and Sid rule
>>
What do you want Lunars to be in 3E?
>>
>>60785672
not whatever the fuck that's supposed to be. in general, a cohesive charmset with clear animal themes and a true purpose.
>>
Have you ever met someone with 4 or 5 in an attribute in real life? How about someone with the Legendary Attribute merit?
>>
>>60785336
Every edition in the game has said that the usurpation was something that happened because the other two options were fucking near impossible. The solars were going crazy and doing nothing was not an option. The contagion was also started because the solars decided to wake up the neverborn.

>>60785672
They're the furry exalted. I mean there's no getting around that. They could have been the Prototype exalted and have been more like alex mercer but I guess the furries buying the game would have been pissed.
>>
>>60785672
Interesting, useful, and not fundamentally a satellite splat to a different splat.

Basically, actual protagonists, if they're going to get a book about playing as them.
>>
>>60785672
Back to being the moon-mad servitors of the Fae Folk gnawing at the edges of Creation that they were in Grabowski's outline before 1e Lunars was a twinkle in the eye of some greedy White Wolf exec.
>>
I hate the idea of what 3e wants to do to infernals

but assuming they're either incapable of coming to their senses or too pigheaded to admit their new ability-based direction is shit, the very least they could do is give them interesting mechanics in some other way. i hope they decide to go with yozi-based tree structures like 2e had, but if they must go with abilitybased I at least hope they read the old wiki for inspiration http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/WillowsInfernal
>>
>>60786001
I would like to second this and add the sub-point: "Not defined by being second- fiddle."
>>
is that guy who dumps art here? i need a picture of a fire aspect DB, and preferably with good facial detail.
>>
>>60784406
solar times had the internet and airships around most of creation, dragonblooded let the world devolve into mostly bronze age tech. I'd rather live a as a kfc manager in a modern first world country than a bronze age king in a land beset by reality warping aliens.
>>
>>60786843
Get a load of this omega pleb
>>
>>60785672
>be shapeshifting eldritch moon horrors a la TAW instead of furries
>not be shit

I don't think either is going to happen.
>>
>>60786843
By the time the usurpation was happening you had humans being tortured for music and humans were being fucked with left and right. You even had solars destroy large tracts of inhabited lands just for wargames. Before the usurpation, shit started sucked for everyone who wasn't a solar.
>>
>>60786997
TAW?
>>
>>60787170
Terrifying Argent Witches. Fanmade Lunar rebuild from 2E. I think it's in the older editions pastebin.
>>
>>60785672
Solar cock sleeves.
>>
File: 20180703_220642.jpg (226 KB, 800x600)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>60787375
Besides that.
>>
File: 1531152918714.png (171 KB, 719x663)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>60785672
>>
>>60785672
We know the Lunar playtest is in progress. Really curious as to how it's going.
>>
>>60787854
I'm just curious as to how accurately I'll be able to build Marena with it.
>>
>>60787854
I don't know anything. I don't believe a word of it until I see the evidence.
>>
>>60788249
The people playtesting it are weirdly tightlipped. So we won't see anything until they release it.
>>
>>60788445
The people don't exist any more than the play test
To say, not at all
>>
A question for more experianced storytellers. I've been running fantasy for 18 years now and Exalted since mid 2nd edition was always the unobtainable fruit I strived to grasp and run in my gaming groups. Thankfully 3rd ed made it a system easy enough to be understood by my group and my preaching finally landed me a campaign that runs and looks well. Due to my inexperiance I must ask how much do you prepare and how much its about riding the wave.

18 years of D&D and small scale adventures made me very anxious about my prepwork and detail oriented but these things don't seem to work well in Exalted at least thats the hipotheses I'm running with for now.
>>
>>60788737
Delete the pic dude.
>>
>>60788737
What I do is set up a complicated and kind of difficult scenario, to hook the players in, like "the daughter of a city state's ruler eloped with a dangerous pirate in an attempt to usurp her father and brother" and build from there. I see how the players decide to react or address the situation, and build from there. For example, they decided they didn't like the pirate lord, as he was shaking down the local villages rather ruthlessly. They stormed his fortress, defeated his minions as well as the demons he summoned for extra supernatural muscle.

However, the party balked at killing the daughter, especially as it turned out she also had a kid with the aforementioned pirate they killed. So they instead decided to bring her back to her father, who'd decide what to do with her for them.

So that required me to do some thinking. What caused her to break with her family? What would the reaction be when she got home, what is her home like? So I decided improvise more details. I decided that maybe what the daughter's issue was, was that the heir to the kingdom was her younger brother, and was in fact a demonblood that her father sired with a second circle demon, Deer-Footed Mara.

The demonblood kid is in fact rather good natured and without a malicious bone in his body, but the daughter objected to getting passed over in favor of a younger sibling, and objected to potentially letting his mother, a Prince of Hell, have a say in her country's politics. When the PCs learned why the daughter left home during her reunion with her father, their sentiments shifted again, and they decided that the daughter had a good point.

So again I built on that. I didn't want there to be a right or wrong choice for the PCs, but I decided that *after* they made a decision, I would vindicate their concerns. So I decided, once they made their choice, that Mara's cult was secretly running the country with the King and the Prince as puppet rulers.

So, that's how I run Exalted.
>>
>>60788889
If you're curious of how things went from there; after they sacked the Temple of Mara, they were pulled into a gate leading to Malfeas due to a malfunctioning artifact and had to find a way out of Hell and back to Creation. Once there, they picked up the remnants of the Pirate Lord's thugs they fucked up earlier, rallied them to their cause, and generally forced the father and brother to abdicate and undergo house arrest.

So then I started wondering, wait, the pirates now make up the bulk the noble lady's army, what's going to happen when they start being abusive again just like they were under their former pirate boss, and what's going to happen if a foreign power also gets interested in the city at the same time?

Unfortunately the game had to be called there due to me getting busy in real life, but it was good times up until that point.
>>
>>60788690
I've seen the docs but I'm not violating NDA over it!

Mostly it's just testing how combat charms work for fighting right now.
>>
in 2.5 what was the largest motepool each splat could get including the motepool expanding charms?
>>
>>60791340
Iirc the motepool expanders toped at 10. With doubling up being forbidden.
So solars get 150.
Essense 10 x (3+7) + willpower 10 twice+ 5 in all 4 virtues + 10 overcharge pool.
>>
Since this thread has no value I'm going to use it as a signpost since I damn well know all you shitheels post here

Sanctaphrax I hope you get hit by a buss. Accelerator, stop posting. Amine, go to bed nobody cares about infernals. EScorp, TAW sucks and the basic premises on which you build your ideas need to be re-examined because you aren't 14 anymore.

I'll be back for the rest of you scrubs next thread. Not like the list is short.
>>
>>60791485
Which one of them are you anon?
>>
>>60791485
>Bottom
Didn't Sanctaphrax make the spiral stair thing? And also take their name from the Edge chronicles?
>>
>>60791485
Wait, what forums are you posting about? I thought this would be the onyx path ones but I haven't seen those cunts EScorp and Revlid on there in years.
>>
>>60791462
I'm really glad that those overcharge pools got removed. That was just more book keeping especially for infernals who had 5 different pools that had to be replenished separately.
>>
>>60791485
We had one good story, the first in many threads.
>>
>>60791933
They did? when?
Im readin the books right now (2.5) and this is the adition that I hate the most that was added by the ink monkeys and the errata seems to suport them.
>>
>>60792779
In 3e. Which I honestly feel is a way better system unless you want to play exalts that don't exist. The mote system got retooled to better work in combat.
>>
>>60792800
Well then I wont feel guilty about getting rid of them in 2e.
>>
>>60792800
Murder is meat is the only one that isn't terrible, mainly because the rest of that charm is cool but it needs a bit of a buff to make it worthwhile.
If you replaced the mote pool with something else it would be good.
>>
>>60790171
How do you get into one of those playgroups, anyway?
>>
>>60793974
Go to bed and dream you're playing a lunar
>>
>>60791485
the beauty of this is that you can basically just go through every name until you find someone who does post here and is thin skinned enough to be baited
>>
>>60793974
think they're all writers
>>
>>60797899
>"Writers" doing your playtesting
Uh oh Raggy
>>
>>60797942
upshot is they're almost certainly taking the release the text during the KS approach again
>>
File: 1250992179400.jpg (34 KB, 500x375)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>60791485
>Accelerator, stop posting.
>>
>>60792604
You mean the stuff I posted in >>60788889 ?

I have more, if you guys are interested then.
>>
>>60798053
Maybe if they had done that with solars we wouldn't have had the broken ass survival tree. Or the issues with craft. Though, Holden and morke were pigheaded fucks. I remember the adamant defending of half the charms that shouldn't have been in the solar charmset.
>>
>>60791805
Don't they mostly post on SV now?
>>
>>60799255
Of course. Beats imagining how fucked lunars are any day
>>
>>60762613
It's not 'weak' I woudldn't say, but there are a couple cool tricks that socialize has that I feel would have worked better in presence. As it stands much of its stuff is outside social influence powers, like buffing and so on.
>>
>>60776125
And yet the Perfect of Paragon exists.
>>
>>60781336
>We
>Us
Fuck off.
>>
File: the lunar experience.jpg (366 KB, 988x1298)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>60785672
>What do you want Lunars to be in 3E?
It doesn't matter. They will be shit no matter what because the devs have gone full retard.
>>
>>60801065
Paragon isn't exalted? He has an N/A artifact, that's all. He can't even channel essence. He knows fully well he has the biggest crutch of all time and that's what he hates.
>>
>>60801339
Did you not pay attention to the post chain? The argument was that no one (in creation) would be bitter about exalting as a DB instead of a Solar, the Perfect proves that is not true.
>>
>>60801398
Where does it say the perfect would be pissed at exalting DB
>>
>>60801398
The pop erfect would want to exalt as anything at this point. It's too late to be a db though.
>>
>>60801446
Couldn't he put a god in a headlock and demand to be made an Exigent?
>>
>>60801466
Or a sidereal.
>>
>>60801489
>>60801476
Forcing one? No chance, if Exigence is done with any competence (I know it won't). What remains to be seen is how much ambrosia is an exigence worth.
>>
>>60801243
yeah, isn't it about time we admit that we're just one person shitposting to ourself pretending to be a community?
>>
>>60784966
To be fair, lots of gods in high positions don't do any work despite needing today in the modern time anyway
>>
oh fuck you captcha, why are you accusing me of a bot just because I'd rather do the audio version then spend 10 minutes successfully clicking street signs followed by selecting two pictures of roads separated by a 30second fade out only to click two more pictures of roads repeat

why is this filter getting more and more obnoxious
>>
>>60801489
iirc it can't be too late(or early) to exalt as a sidereal, a sidereal exalts precisely when he is meant to
>>
>>60802244
This isn't a community, cunt. Every other poster here would kill the next given the chance.
>>
>>60802635
Yeah but if they do it too much they'll get starmetaled, the solars are more likely to just do it for them
>>
>>60801255
At least this is good for the solars except that all the lunars are a bunch of sluts, who would want to marry one of them?
>>
>>60803067
I'm talking how the bureaucracy is corrupt as shit and people either just neglect their duties or pursue personal agendas and relegate any actual duty to underlings
>>
>>60802939
I wouldn't, my friend!
>>
>>60802939
Isn't that technically suicide
>>
>>60803220
The celestial bureaucracy is barely needed for running creation. 99% of it just records what happens. "Neglecting your duties" means you didn't count how many swallows were born in the east this week for your report, usually.
>>
I actually liked the example urges where SWLIHN hates gays, but not because "lol they're evil because they're not inclusive" as the author obviously intended, but instead because they designed humanity to reproduce sexually, with two genders and a discrete age of sexual maturity, these humans are doing it wrong and are clearly objectively broken.

although I feel like they probably actually made gays on purpose so some humans would pray for help making gay ass babies because they're so pathetic they can't sex properly. same as they made them delicious and totally lacking in natural defenses.
>>
>>60803419
but somebody who's job actually matters probably needs all that stastical data at some point
>>
>>60803503
>they designed humanity to reproduce sexually, with two genders and a discrete age of sexual maturity, these humans are doing it wrong and are clearly objectively broken
This but unironically.
>>
>>60803419
But what about all the censors of the directions who, baring the ones on the blessed isle, pretty much just run extortion rackets all day long?
>>
>>60803503
>Implying SHLIHN invented love at all
>Implying she isn't a stuck up prude who believes any sex not for the sole purpose of procreation is wrong
>>
>>60802679
A sidereal is fated to be a sidereal from birth. If he was a sidereal, there would be implications of it and sidereals would've been agressively recruiting.
>>
>>60803067
They removed that aspect of starmetal. Honestly, i think it just came from 2e.
>>
>>60803812
What about them? They work more then most celestials
>>
>>60804703
They really really don't. They barely do anything
>>
>>60746679
Google for "Exalted Moon and Machine It4".
>>
>>60803419
It's actually about 59%. The bureau of Seasons and Destiny have active work in creation. Season's responsible for ensuring weather happens as it should. Still corresponding to the old ways though. They used to also preform weather based blessings but haven't since a number of mistakes happened after the solars left. Mostly due because they were never trained to lead. Destiny is the most active bureau. It ensures specific things happen, while leaving the general planning of the over all fate of creation to sidereals. This is why a sidereal can do their job and then hunt or protect solars. Simultaneously doing their job while shaping the Realm into the nation it became.

There are also things like gods preforming blessings or miracles to followers. Which wasn't really illegal even with the mandate. It only crossed to illegal when the gods decided to have racket protections and open enslavement for worship in creation.
>>
>>60801255
>Modern edgy shit in expectations
Well, sorry, but yo cancer can't be cured.
>>
File: 1489722452470.jpg (16 KB, 321x325)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>60805757
>not wanting Exalted Alex Mercer
>>
>>60805757
>le edgeh
>>
>>60803503
>I actually liked the example urges where SWLIHN hates gays, but not because "lol they're evil because they're not inclusive" as the author obviously intended, but instead because they designed humanity to reproduce sexually, with two genders and a discrete age of sexual maturity, these humans are doing it wrong and are clearly objectively broken.

I mean I literally disapprove of homosexuality cause I think God made us to not be that way so yeah it makes sense to me that if you made a thing to do a thing and it didn't do the thing you'd be angry at them for disobeying you. It's like a farmer who's chickens won't mate with the rooster, guess which one's you're gonna lop the heads off of and cook? The ones that won't function properly.
>>
File: cant handel it.jpg (57 KB, 402x475)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>60801255
>>60806174
Good news - the Liminals exist for all your Alex Mercer needs. Not exactly sure why you're dead set on Lunars supplying it, they were never supposed to be that kind of mass-manipulator.
>>
>>60806659
I'm going to steal your car and drive away in it, and you're going to let me because now I have it therefore it was always mine.
>>
>>60806659
Because liminals are a garbage idea. Which are also at the terrestrial level. So they'll be like a shit alex mercer.

>>60806591
I guess Fun, thought or rising above your station are also things you disapprove of. So why aren't you living in a cave as god intended?
>>
>>60806679
That's not possible, anon. I don't have a car to steal.

>>60806687
WFHW sets DBs pretty high in comparison to where they were, though.
>>
>>60806796
It really doesn't. They are still quite a few tiers below solars. What you'd get from a celestial alex mercer is much than what you'd get from a terrestrial version.
>>
>>60806811
They can still straight-up fly while Solars cannot. Cry from your wrists and fly away already.
>>
>>60806858
One niche power doesn't stop the complete domination that solars exhibit. It doesn't matter if DB's can fly, a solar archer can surpass their speed and just shoot them and their army down at the same time. There's no point where a DB and a solar with equal experience can compete. It also doesn't change my statement. Liminals are going to be a shit alex mercer; whereas, Lunars would have been just as devastating if not better. It could have also moved them away from just being the furry, animal fuckers.
>>
Lunars:
>have shapeshifting as one of their core abilities
>able to steal the face and voice of just about anyone and anything
>sometimes even gain further powers from cannibalising other lifeforms
>their patron is the ultimate shapeshifter and trickster in all of Creation, reinforcing all of the above

Liminals
>have fleshcrafting or some shit
>totally not Prometheans no siree
>Holden likes them
>their patron is... I dunno some Underworld shit or something
>>
>>60806968
>able to steal the face and voice of just about anyone and anything
nope, just animals lol
>>
>>60807577
Which includes humans. BTW is the Tell still a thing in 3e?
>>
>>60807841
i hope not, that was some fucking sidereal shit.
>>
>>60807577
>humans (Prey's Skin Disguise)
>demons (Green Sun Child)
>elementals (Hearth and Flame Shell)
>gods (Heavenly Servant Imitation)
>fucking geological features (Moon and Earth Song)
>>
>>60807870
How?
>>
>>60807900
>"you have a little part of herself that can't be detected by mortals and even if it is detected they brush it off or forget about it shortly thereafter"
>not sidereal wheelhouse shit
pick one
>>
>>60807841
Yes, it’s still a thing, but they did get rid of Form Lock. Also, Lunars always pay full exp rates for Spells and Martial Arts charms, and, apparently, can’t use Martial Arts charms in DBT now.
>>
>>60807577
No, also other people, behemoths, etc.
>>
>>60807947
you haven't read the stuff on 3e Lunars. they're just the animal exalted now. humans are animals.
>>
>>60807943
>can’t use Martial Arts charms in DBT.

But... but why?
>>
>>60807993
Because lunars are the furry barbarian exalted, and if you’re not playing them as unwashed, pinecone-ass-whiping savages, that only fight like blithering retards, then YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG according to the devs.
>>
>>60807943
>Also, Lunars always pay full exp rates for Spells and Martial Arts charms, and, apparently, can’t use Martial Arts charms in DBT now.
Source?
>>
>>60807967
How do these devs keep finding new ways to mangle the setting?
>>
>>60808065
it's not new. the current team just has decided in their infinite wisdom not to change anything from holdorke's old plans for 3e Lunars.
>>
>>60808044
Vance himself, on the Exalted discord.
>>
>>60807993
Apparently, DBT is too strong with MA.
>>
>>60808096
That would imply that Lunars get to have nice things. This has NEVER been true.
>>
>>60808093
Well, shit.
>>
>>60808096
A lot about Lunars is, ironically, in flux right now, so we'll see how things go.
>>
>>60796314
this guy gets it

I don't need to go through every name but the names of shitheel community members writ large who don't actually do anything but be an obstruction and piss off everyone is sizeable. I've only been involved with Exalted for a couple years and the fact that I know the names of the regular shitheels of a niche internet gaming subculture is fucking infuriating.

Also those of you who reg'd new names on OPP to try and get around being exposed for getting economic anxiety about some game mechanics and posting in the Ask the Devs thread under your not regular names? I'll be exposing you too, autistic cowards. Next thread.
>>
you need a tutor to learn martialarts charms right?

like if you had a sifu that knew only the first charm of a style, you can't just spend xp to pull the rest out of thin air

unrelated question: what species was sifu in kungfu panda anyway?
>>
>>60806659
taking it away leaves them only as the sheepfucking exalts. why would you pick that aspect to be the one you double down on
>>
>>60810033
Turtle. Unless you mean the marsupial.

You do need a sifu the entire way unless you are creating or recreating a style. Which we don't really have rules for.
>>
>>60810207
I mean the marsupial, the guy who's name was sifu
>>
>>60810302
He's a red panda.
>>
File: 1395921306598.jpg (662 KB, 1280x783)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
On the subject of Alex Mercer would it be possible to sort of mimic his fighting style using Incomparable Body Arsenal? Creates armour for you and allows you to grow weapons out of your body. He also has super strength, sight, and flight, but they can all be done with regular charms. The Devastators may need to be Evocations, though.
>>
>>60810207
Aren't you forced into getting an Exalted tutor?
Since normal people can't use charms.
>>
>>60813469
Don't think about it
Motherfuckers got rid of martial arts tiers without thinking of the repercussions
>>
>>60787014
nostalgia warps the sensation of and recollection of past effects, and after the great contagion and un-contained fey invasions, nostalgic gods and new gods communicating with them tend to forget about the whole, dropping a portion of creation into the wyld without any evacuations part of history and remembering the time when power armor wearing, fey killing, golden super heroes made a sentient internet.
>>
>>60812803
I doubt that Merser can spit daggers.
>>
>>60814113
Sounds simple
>>
>>60813469
Martial Arts charms are what happens when you take existing mortal techniqs and apply an Exalt's supernatural ability to it.
You can learn from a mortal sifu and then surpass her in every way.
>>
>>60816514
What base technique are you supercharging for Invoking the Chimeras Coil
>>
>>60784406
>>60785084
By way of confirmation:
>[10:43 PM] Eric Minton: There is no right to rule in 3e enforced by metaphysical truth.
>>
>>60818159
The right to rule was given by Sol. Not some "Metaphysical truth". Is he retarded?
>>
>>60818159

The word "metaphysical" is overused in exalted discussions
>>
>>60818408
Retardation seems to be a requirement to be on the dev team, so I'm going with yes.
>>
>>60818159
>>60818408
I assume what is meant here is that nothing keeps anyone in power other than their own capabilities.
>>
>>60818597
He's saying that the Mandate of Heaven doesn't exist in 3e anymore than it did IRL (i.e., as a post-facto justification for how the usurpation you just performed wasn't treason, because the previous establishment had grown corrupt and "lost the mandate of heaven").

In 2e the Mandate of Heaven was permanently with the Solars, which made the Dragonblooded pretenders even though they'd successfully overthrown the previous "dynasty", which is the opposite of how the actual concept works.
>>
>>60818408
Sol declaring it made it into a permanent metaphysical truth in 2e, which is why the entire divine order still holds to it even though the gods have no reason to (and the Solars themselves explicitly lost the Sun's approval toward the end of the First Age, so they're not doing it because their boss likes them).

This was also basically nonsense.
>>
>>60818689
Doesn't that also mean that at any time if the Solars overthrow the Dragonblooded (or any group of Exalts overthrowing the previous group), everything is okay ruler wise?
>>
>>60818797
Yes. Every single usurper dynasty in dynastic history IRL has used this justification. "Of course I'm the true king. After all, the divine right to rule rests with the true king, and if that guy I just murdered had the divine right to rule instead of me, I wouldn't have been able to murder him."
>>
>>60818797
Yup. It also makes a hell of a lot more sense, considering that in Exalted the Mandate was invented by Conky right after *he* successfully overthrew the previous group of despots.
>>
>>60817306
Deep meditation. That when mastered by an exalt allows them to grasp at the heights of esoteric power.
>>
>>60780219
>That's retarded and goes against one of the game's core tenets. More evidence the Great Curse is a terrible plot element.
No, it's perfectly in line with the setting."Everything would be fine, but the GC fucked it all up".
>>
>>60809920
this is going to be fun
>>
File: 1513518900823.png (268 KB, 621x491)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>haven't been to Exalted threads in a while
>read thread
>people actually thinking Lunars might be good
>when the dev's have already stated they're using literally the absolute worst, most boring, shittiest possible version of them they could
Clearly we've got a bunch of new people here, because no one could be this hopeful unless they were completely unaware of how bad the devs are.

I wish I could still have hope in the game, but alas, it was all washed away in a flood of SJW shit being forced into the books and the line literally being held for ransom by two chucklefucks, and when they got ousted, the chucklefucks left in charge immeadiately kept on the worst possible path.
>>
>>60820291
The Great Curse is not supposed to be an excuse for the actions of the First Age Solar Exalted. Merely an aggravating factor.
>>
>>60820531
People WANT Lunars to be good. Nobody with an IQ above room temperature actually thinks it's going to happen outside of homebrew shit.
>>
>>60820531
>haven't been to Exalted threads in a while
nice try, we know this is the closest thing you get to human interaction
>>
We need an alternate Exaltedverse where the lunars rule over heaven after rallying the Dragonblooded against the solars and sidereals
>>
>>60820833
>We
>>
>>60791485
>EScorp, TAW sucks and the basic premises on which you build your ideas need to be re-examined because you aren't 14 anymore.

my most memorable encounter with him was a thread about Exalted vs. Iain M. Banks The Culture where he was trying to argue that the advanced AIs could put a nuke in an Exalt's head before they had time to respond. This was followed by aubdible autistic screeching when people responded with "the Exalt perfects the attack"
>>
>>60820531
Idunno dude, 2E was a trainwreck and 3E wasn't. I can just ignore the stuff that I dislike because I'm not a screaming child from SuffVel
>>
>>60820531
To be fair that was Holdorke saying dumb things. As usual.

Vanton ended up doing significant rewrites supposedly (which is why books aren't just flying out since they were all supposedly already written).

This is after they fixed the release schedule.

Holden was just incredibly bigoted against the furries that comprise like 40% of Exalted's audience. Which, I dunno, kinda ironic when you think about it.
>>
>>60821379
>Holden was just incredibly bigoted against the furries
Then why did he make the Animal Exalted elements of Lunars *more* prominent instead of less?
>>
>>60821620
He didn't
>>
>>60821620
>Things that never happened
haha wow, Holden

Suck a dick.
>>
>>60808185

Remember the mantra.
>>
>>60820531

Lunars never had a solid niche. They were going to be NPC's one before WW decided to make them a splat. Fluff had to be hastily made in 1e and chased after the first idea they saw. 2e tried to step away and make them more developed but that backfired.
>>
>>60821662
>>60821749
They literally removed the ability of the Lunars to transform into anything except animals and humans.
>>
>>60821662
Except he did by taking out other aspects so he could shove them into liminals.

>>60821379
Man, fuck furries. They pretty much ruined lunars.
>>
>>60822237
>>60822276

Lunars 3E is out?
>>
File: 1530157281380.jpg (139 KB, 1008x390)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>60821799
I know they never had a solid niche, but literally the least enjoyable one they could've gone for is "Exalted of animals and only animals". Lunars should be, essentially, a "build your own kaiju" more or less, in my opinion. Mixing a bunch of dangerous qualities of animals, and then adding a mythical component so they're powerful God-Beasts and not fucking furries. And of course, opting in for full on Alex Mercer shenanigans too would've been nice as long as it was an option and not forced, so the people who don't like that can shut the fuck up, and the people who want that can have it.
>>
>>60762613
Performance is better, but Presence is hardly weak
>>
>>60822626
I'd be very surprised if Lunars didn't get to turn into things like Tyrant Lizards, or other creatures with Legendary Size.
>>
>>60823118
Legendary Size is an option post-char gen
>>
>>60823118
Because TLs aren't animals? Get off the opium
>>
>>60823219
They are?
>>
>>60823294
That nig thinks they're not
>>
>>60823331
They are though. Just big beasties. Like Yeddim
>>
>>60822593
No, but both sets of developers have officially stated this to be the case.
>>
>>60821001
Oh fuck I had forgotten he was the one arguing on that side. God damn that was fucking awful.
>>
>>60821001

I remember a thread where someone was arguing that an Essence 10 solar could beat the Living Tribunal.
>>
>>60823822
At least the animal forms are worthwhile now
>>
>>60825192
Perfect effects are pretty fucky when it comes to comparing universes.
>>
>>60825433

It wasn't "Can the solar perfect an attack from the LT?" it was "Can an Essence 10 solar beat the LT?" The answer to the latter is a flat No. The LT could beat the entire Exalted Universe with a thought
>>
>>60825463
I don't want to get into the whole thing since I don't know all the specifics about the Living Tribunal, but the the general issue is if it is conceivable that the Living Tribunal can be hit by someone trying to hit him, then a perfect attack would be able to hit him.

If an Essence 10 Solar can land a hit on him, the Solar can then deal "as many or as few automatic levels of damage as desired" so if the Living Tribunal can take damage, then the Solar can kill him.

That part is pretty straightforward. If the Living Tribunal has weird beyond death or outside of normal rules powers where even if his body is destroyed he still exists because he's an entity beyond such things, then there's arguments to be made about Ghost-Eating Technique working on him but that's much less cut and dry. 2e perfect made Exalts punch way, way above their weight class when it comes to power level comparisons because most other forms of media don't have characters that can flat out 100% hit or dodge someone. Most media might have characters that say their attacks are unblockable but they're normally shown to just be bullshit hype. Outside of perfects 2e Exalts are moderately powerful in terms of matchup, but it's just a broken concept when it comes to comparing with things outside their universe. Exalted is the kid that says "nuh-uh I can dodge anything, even undodgeable attacks!" on the playground. Now again, I don't know all the background for the Living Tribunal in terms of specifics, from quick google searches he seems like a pretty big deal, so feel free to get me up to speed on the deeper nuance.

3e Exalts would get trashed though since they have much worse perfect effects and that's really all 2e had going for them.
>>
>>60825648

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/2xrwdk/respect_the_living_tribunal/
>>
>>60825704
I mean it's powerful but it still jobs quite easily. Personally, I hate the whole 5 solars could kill anything in existence bullshit. I'm glad they nerfed perfects, though I'm not sure how I feel about them now.

I do think that the exalted as a host beat the primordials but I'm not sure if we have the tools to see that in action.
>>
>>60822237
>They literally removed the ability of the Lunars to transform into anything except animals and humans.
Oh shit you have a copy of Lunars?

Post it up.

Or go fuck yourself, Holden.
>>
File: ThisIsBait.jpg (2.54 MB, 2995x3000)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB JPG
>>60826968
>>
>>60825648
exalts are a medium fish in a tiny tiny pond.

even if they can match up for a few seconds they'll quickly run out of batteries and become indistinguishable from some random peasant
>>
>>60829200
You drastically underestimate how long it takes to run out of motes.
>>
>>60826954
"5 solars kill anything" is prime 2e cancer. 1e tells you ONE HUNDRED experienced solars are the bare minimum to match the Kukla, and they still need db and Sid support for that battle.
>>
>>60826968
The devs told us. do you not believe Vance now?

Besides, Holden wrote it, why would Holden lie about it to make it sound worse than it is?
>>
>>60829200
At most it'd take a turn. Action long perfect defense to survive until they get to attack. Perfect attack, infinite damage. That's something an Essence 10 Solar can do. Outright perfect effects are really, really stupid and makes them much bigger fish than they should be. Take out that single aspect of Exalted and they become incredibly weaker in comparison.
>>
>>60829905
are we talking 3e solar or like a 2e solar...because I think 10e solar charms are like undefined but supposed to be stupidly bullshit
>>
>>60830138
I mean solars still dominate pretty much everything that's not an unblockable undodgable 100 hit infinite damage attack.
>>
do dbs have an easy way of seeiing through masks? how much disguise would you need while glowng to not be immediately picked out later by the same db witnesses when not?
>>
>>60831872
If you half solar larceny you should be more than able to fool them.
>>
>>60830138
2e specifically, 3e is much, much weaker because it did away with spammable perfect effects. You can perfect dodge basically once per scene. The others aren't perfect at dealing with damage so they're basically useless. All they're good for is dealing with uncountable damage before the fight really starts.
>>
>>60829843
I mean, has Vance said that? Since Vance was dev?

Holden would lie about being Holden if he thought he stood to gain for it. Dude's scum. Fucked all those people out of paychecks for years.
>>
>>60833877
Holden got kicked to the curb. He and morke were fired and Vance and Eric are now the devs. There is a reason none of their names have been on the last book.
>>
>>60833877
>I mean, has Vance said that? Since Vance was dev?
Vance has specifically said that they aren't deviating from the vision of 3e Lunars laid out by Holden and Morke.
>>
>>60834902
Pathetic
>>
since 3e has totally discarded every scrap of the concept of infernals as they were in 2e...any chance of Nephilpal getting to leak all those extra charms he wrote but never got to publish?
>>
>>60835088
Btw, where the hell all those news about bad infernals coming from if they weren't even mentioned in core. Lunars are somehow in the limelight, but I haven't heard about infernals in 3e a bit.
>>
>>60835539

Mostly on the Discord, the devs are quite active there. Worst news about Infernals; Best Girl will probably get the cut.
>>
>>60835628
nah, she'll just be made into a transwoman
>>
>>60835628
What has been said about Infernals in the discord?

>>60835695
That's likely considering everything.
>>
>>60835628
Ye, I figured about the discord, but I'm sticking around for about 10 threads now, and seen bad infernals mentioned like 10 times. And the reason why 0 times, so I'm getting curious.
>>
>>60835539
The leaks ya dimwit. Fucked infernals there, along with abyssals. More like ABYSMALS, who let these bozos into a development role?
>>
>>60835628
>best girl
Having taste this shit should be a capital crime.
>>
>>60835822
Well, thats explains a lot. Still did not explain the point of bitching as I read through it. The only real noticible change is DEVIL TRIGGER, YEY, BITCHEZ. But that's well... cute. Other then that not much different from it was before, even the lore is pretty much the same.

Or are you bitching about charm structure, seriously? Who cares?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (75 KB, 601x601)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>60835695
Hahaha, funny joke. It doesn't hurt to read that because I know it won't happen, right?

>>60835734
Very little, but we've got a bit. Fiends are now Penumbras and Slayers are now Azimuths. Unlike Dawns and Dusks, who both have the five classic Dawn caste abilities plus three others, Azimuths may have a completely different array of caste abilities, as will the other castes. Yozi are being dialed back and more focus is being put on Malfeas the place and the demons within. The conditions to Exalt have changed, you just need to be oppressed.

>>60835819
There are a number of reasons. Many people say that ability based charm trees are shit for one reason or another but I don't hold that view. I'm worried about the new conditions for Exalting, though. Being "oppressed" could mean several things, but I'm mostly afraid that the devs are going to use it to run the "PoC and LGBT folx rise against their straight, white oppressors" and that every plyer is going to run the "I used to be a slave and I'm looking to play Infernals: the Abolitionists" instead of the classic "Choke at cusp of greatness or otherwise squander your chance" which allows for a kind of tragic hero who always tries to make up for his Exaltation grating failure but slowly descendig int the depths or madness/limit in that pursuit.

Also, something something Shintai is just DBT now, I think as well.
>>
>>60836091
>The conditions to Exalt have changed, you just need to be oppressed.
Oh god.
>>
>>60836091
>mostly afraid that the devs are going to use it to run the "PoC and LGBT folx rise against their straight, white oppressors"
That would be awfully hard to pull off in Exalted considering the only white people in Creation are in the North.
>>
>>60836345
They'll find a way, anon. They'll find a way.
>>
>>60836345
Not to mention that the Realm is gay as fuck.

People pissed off at the Dragonblooded heirarchy though, or former slaves, or just people given a raw deal by the rest of world could work.

The signature defiler with the crab claw in 2E was basically a medic who was unfairly sentenced to death after he failed to save a sea captain's leg.
>>
>>60836345
There are white people in the North? I thought Northerners resembled Inuit or Native Siberian peoples.
>>
>>60836415
You thought wrong.
>>
>>60836345
Look at what they did with the Realm in Dragonblood. Gay marriage being super okay in the Realm, The use of demons and sorcery to produce heirs getting a pass, and of course turning one of the Immaculate Dragons trans.
>>
>>60836415
Check out the "Appearance by Region" sidebar on page 106 of the Core.
>>
>>60833877
>Fucked all those people out of paychecks for years.

that was actually holden's boss. who is still working there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.