[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1525743260896.jpg (68 KB, 546x667)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Paizo Games General /pgg/

What 2E class preview would you like to see next?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ

Old Thread: >>60769999
>>
>>60783687

What classes have they previewed already?
>>
>page fucking 5
>>
>>60783699
>>60783687
Paladin, Sorcerer, Wizard, Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Monk, Rogue, Alchemist and Barbarian are all that've been shown iirc. I suppose an occult caster would be cool to see. There may be at least one, besides the occult casting Sorcerer bloodline.
>>
>>60783782
The only ones left to preview are Bard and Druid.
>>
What games are currently recruiting?
>>
>>60783812
I knew I was forgetting something. Did Paizo mention they were doing Core+Alchemist or something? The fact that Alchemists are apparently in 2e Core threw me off.
>>
>>60783862
I'm pretty sure it's just core+alchemist for the playtest and initial release.
>>
>>60783831
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/121735/the-ruins-of-azlant

It's lewd and also probably a bamboozle but some of the apps are actually decent? Like I'd want to play with some of them in a party in a non-ERP game if the players kept everything in their pants or at least under the table.
>>
>>60783875
Weird, great for the Alchemist though I suppose.
>>
>>60783900
I guess, but the new Alchemist isn't even close to the same. Seems more like a test case for their new alchemicals system.
>>
>>60783959
True, granted Alchemist has always had some issues fitting in with other casters, so I suppose now's the best time to test things out.
>>
>>60783895
Is there a game that isn't a possible bamboozle?
>>
>>60784121
You take what you can get and sometimes you apply to a game just because it's fun to make a character.
>>
>>60783895
>Like I'd want to play with some of them in a party in a non-ERP game
What makes them good?
>>
What would be a "comfortable size" for a large-sized humanoid or monstrous humanoid creature's bedroom? 20 ft X 20 ft?
>>
>>60784295
Solitarty creature? Sounds about right
>>
>>60784290
Just, some of them have backstories and personality sections that, while still lewd, have depth to them and look like they would be interesting characters in their own right without even doing an ERP game or at least anything more scandalous than the occasional fade-to-black. I'd credit Elpis, Jahla, Albus, and to a lesser extent Meyrl (I like the concept and backstory but she's definitely raunchier than the other three so in a normal game I'd probably veto it unless it was being pitched by a player I trust not to get too weird with it) with that.
>>
So I'm trying to get a character who coats himself in blightburn paste and goes into combat work as effectively as possible.

Besides Full Pouch, what are some ways to increase the fortitude save required to resist blightburn paste?
>>
File: 20180810-Oracle.jpg (62 KB, 411x604)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Looks like somebody messed up and released a class preview that was supposed to come out in August: http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lkz1?Oracle-Class

In case that gets taken down I've copied the text to a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/rZ7acTEA
>>
>>60784501
Goddamn, it's already gone.

You're fast, anon.
Lots of interesting stuff here, too.
>>
>>60784501
>https://pastebin.com/rZ7acTEA

:^)
>>
File: k365tu.jpg (6 KB, 250x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>60784501
As played out as reposting that pastebin is, I'll at least give you credit for a good troll.
>>
File: 208 - DOLl4Ew.png (79 KB, 263x386)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>60784501
>>
http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lkvw?Potency-and-Potions

Why does Paizo insist on preserving fixed DCs for items? Did they never learn their lesson from 1e?
>>
You fags put up an OP image that isn't weeb fap bait? What trickery is this?
>>
>>60784427
>Albus surrounded by women of various sensibilities and social standings
>>
File: Samurai Cop.jpg (53 KB, 960x540)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>60784501
You got me good, anon, but you won't get away with it!
>>
>>60784501
Its been so long that I actually got gotten
>>
>>60784645
Don't be deceived, we're still super weeb. Like Kineticist//Aegis gestalt tiers of weeb.

>>60784648
I didn't really mean in the same party together, but sure.

>various sensibilities and social standings

One of them is definitely standing a lot shorter than the others.
>>
>>60784501
That pastebin has been around for a stupidly enormous amount of time.
>>
>>60784700
Jahla is short in stature but tall in morality! She’s a good girl!
>>
>>60784720
>>60784700
Why are the girls all so short
>>
>>60784720
Gloriana was a good girl at one point too, you know.

>>60784739
>Elpis stands at 6'2"
>Meryl is 5'6" admittedly shorter than I expected but not THAT short

The hell are you talking about?
>>
>>60784739
So they have to stand on their tippy toes if they want to smooch their crush, of course!

>>60784806
Gloriana is still a good girl, you dork!
>>
>>60784295
Considering I live in a 15 by 20ft "apartment" myself, probably 20 by 30. Maybe smaller if they use a communal kitchen and bathroom.

>>60784636
What were the problems of fixed DCs?
>>
>>60784806
huh, so she is, I was just thinking about the last time I bothered looking at the app page, there were only like, two people with character sheets posted and every female that mentioned height or had a sheet was super short
>>
>>60784983
There's not necessarily a problem with fixed DCs. The problem is fixed DCs that are AWFUL. Items that create spells that allow saves always have piss easy saves and are usually consumables to boot, so it's just a great way to waste money and standard actions.

>>60785003
Well Jahla has no sheet yet but we can safely assume she's a shortie. So you've at least got that one to complain about if you want. I think we can all guess why anyone plays a halfling in a lewd game, though.
>>
File: Clown.jpg (225 KB, 582x569)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>
>>60785048
I mean, Jahla’s “likes” already tell us plenty of what she wants to do, and have done to her. The shortie, it seems, has a taste for the tall.
>>
>>60785048
I think I was also being a double retard and thinking of ALL the apps, not just the ones listed, so feel free to ignore me. One of the not-halflings was what, 4'9?
>>
>>60785096
They always do Anon, they always do.

>>60785122
I dunno, I didn't bother to look at everyone's apps. Just the three ladies that were in question. If you're right though, that is pretty strange.
>>
>>60783959
Whats new alch like? Less potions and more transmuting?
>>
>>60785122
Size is more than just a pleasant number to suggest how thoroughly one’s partner is being excavated, it’s also a fantastic denotation for their role in the relationship. There are so many shorties because they, in fact, want to be treated as the submissive in whatever relationship and/or raunchy encounter they fall into. It’s awfully easy for the 5’3 10 strength pipsqueak to get tossed around, and in fact one applicant outright mentions they want to be “picked up and used.” It’s a great mystery for me then as to why nobody has made a solid strength-focused male app, for that would undoubtedly draw the smouldering gazes of all the girls.
>>
>>60785299
It's not a caster, it seems to be a guy who throws alchemical items around. Mutagen's still there, but it's like a level 5 choice instead of a basic class feature.
>>
>>60785369
Cool, so a bomb loving madman? Sounds fun
>>
>>60785364
I M A G I N E
>>
>>60785364
>they, in fact, want to be treated as the submissive in whatever relationship and/or raunchy encounter they fall into

That's probably all the female apps though, because /pfg/ is full of bully-bait wannabe-sluts.

>>60785369
That might be for the best, even as much as I don't like it. I only don't like it because I'm guilty of doing a one or two level dip in Alchemist just for a mutagen on a martial more than just once.
>>
File: 035 - vsOM9qS.png (384 KB, 607x587)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>60785364
>5 wisdom
>4'9
>>
>>60785364
What would constitute a "solid, strength-focused male app"? Are we past the days of dick delivery daddies? Is a well-toned man with a weapon and a suit of armor all it takes? Do we lean more towards jerks out for their own satisfaction or considerate and well-hung partners? Should he be a trap?
>>
>>60784636
in the ranger blog they confirmed that they can increase dcs on snares, I don't see why that would be exclusive to the ranger, alchemist probably does the same with alchemical items and i wouldn't be terribly surprised if other classes came with similar feats as an option
>>
>>60785494
This is a reasonable question and one I hope an answer exists. It is of course difficult to glean one true answer among the obfuscated mess of disparate writings, but patterns do, inevitably, emerge. All of the women seem to desire breeding, and those with the strongest predilections towards such are also the strongest willed. Certainly, this suggests a desire to be conquered, to be claimed by a man strong enough to satiate their needs and plant a seed in their belly. While this could suggest any old stud, many of these women do seem to lack reliable father figures - and those that do, placed great importance on them. This means the ideal male applicant is someone strong and wholesome, who desires not just a plaything, but a partner. Methinks an Ulfen Barbarian would be at home here, or a brawny lad in the same yokel vein as Jahla. Honest hearts and honest labor breed more than just reliability, you see.
>>
>>60785617
>but not for magic items in general because fuck you
>>
>>60785695
items are getting levels, so chances are good they'll be more apropriate
>>
>>60785617
They should've just made consumables DCs scale based on their creator and reusable magic items scale based on their user instead of having to wait 6+ years just for a splatbook that makes some of them almost usable
>>
>>60785825
Was that the case in Starfinder? That was basically Paizo's test-run for a lot of mechanics including item levels, right?
>>
>>60785843
The item level system in Starfinder was fantastic, a neat little example of level-scaling done in a reasonable way.
>>
>>60785873
Really? All I ever heard about it was bitching that it doesn't make any sense from an in-game perspective.
>>
>>60785828
that's true, but it's easier to just look up an item from a table and go than to have to decide the skill of the creator and such
>>60785843
no idea, i've never played
>>
Can a gloomblade fighter using the automatic bonus progression apply his weapon attunement bonus to his shadow weapon?
>>
>>60785896
How? Item levels are not hard locks, they’re hard suggestions. A Soldier at level 1 can pick up a dimensional rift longsword and wield it without penalty, because that’s not the point of the system. The point of the system is to tell the DM when they should include a certain level of firearm as loot because that is just how the genre do. Science fiction is typically a tale of development, where the monsters are savage, the worlds are endless, and there is ALWAYS a bigger, better gun. Therefore, it makes sense that greenhorns with rifles taped up with wire and prayers should trade those rifles in for better ones, and those for others until you’re left with end-game loot.
>>
File: magicjester.jpg (71 KB, 918x784)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
A god of chaotic randumb jesters appears and transforms your character into another race; roll on the table for a Reincarnate spell and tell us how your character reacts.

Hard mode: Their sex changes too.
>>
Rolled 31 + 1 (1d100 + 1)

>>60786234
1d2 is for sex, 1 is male 2 is female
>>
Do y'all think it's even possible for a tiefling to be a worshipper of that crazy cunt Vildeis? And what are some circumstances that would allow such a thing?
I'm hoping to make the character a life oracle, so the oracle curse could definitely be a part of it
>>
>>60784636
No. Have you seen pf2. It clear that they don't understand half the problems wrong with pathfinder.
>>
>>60786246
>gnoll
>BIG OLE HYENA DICK
>>
>>60785896
Those people were dumbies who thought they were being locked out of options when, in fact, the options were never really there to begin with. A level 3 character in Starfinder complaining about not owning a Paragon Magnetar Rifle is as absurd as a level 3 Pathfinder character complaining about not owning a +5 Vorpal Longsword. Only difference here is that the list of available weapons and armor in Starfinder is some 4x larger, with significant overlap in regards to names. With such potential confusion, it makes sense for Paizo to tell DMs and players they should expect tactical rifles by level 2, and gyrorifles by level 7.
>>
>>60786234
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/reincarnate/

Adding link for convenience's sake. I recommend the unofficial table further down the page, it seems more like what a chaotic randumb god would use to fuck with a PC.
>>
>>60786258
Tiefling does not have to mean being a persecuted little todger. Some Tieflings go through great lengths to prove themselves as good little boys and girls, while some find that ability naturally. In fact, there are Tiefling ARTs that are specifically for Tieflings so pure and goodly, they’re closer to Aasimar than Archfiend. Perhaps your Tiefling is one such individual, and was born with blindness that has made them see the world without prejudice beyond those who commit great evils?
>>
Would a Castlevania-esque game with the party running around inside one massive dungeon the whole campaign, collecting collecting magic items that would grant them special abilities and access to new areas of the dungeon as they go, be a terrible idea? What if there's also some plot-contrived reason for the party to respawn at the entrance every time they die so I don't have to be afraid of putting bosses or enemies that can wipe them in areas of the dungeon they "aren't meant" to explore yet?
>>
>>60786432
Main problem is that you'd need to have some severe plot blocks to keep people from sequence breaking the dungeon's progression, and that might be too videogamey for your players.
>>
File: 1366231816202.gif (123 KB, 480x270)
123 KB
123 KB GIF
>>60784501
>>
>>60786351
After reading the Aasimar's Incorruptible ART, which as you mentioned the tiefling can steal, I'm pretty sure whoever wrote it fucked up. It says that you can cast corruption resistance -against- evil, but if it's taken literally, you're using the spell to protect evil creatures from damage that specifically targets the evil alignment like smite evil
>>
>>60785082
What the hell are the clown faces from?
>>
>>60786606
War for the Crown!
>>
>>60786606
>>60786618
More like War for the Clown, amirite?
>>
>>60786708
Princess Eutropia IS a huge Taldork, she’s quite the goofer.
>>
>>60783670
>>Literally told they'd not only be fine with her normal social media activity, but encouraged it when hired

I see this tossed around a lot, but is there an actual source?
>>
>>60786047
I don't see why not
>>
>>60786496
I was thinking that I'd make some sections purposefully sequence breakable and find ways to encourage those sequence breaks (tracking the PCs through the area where they can do the break right after getting the necessary tool, show clues to indicate a sequence break is possible, etc) and try to make other, unintentional sequence breaks too difficult to pull off by gatekeeping with powerful enemies behind them (IE, congrats for busting into this area too soon, now have a bunch of APL+4 CR encounters).

I think combining that approach with some level of flexibility and improv should handle the issue.
>>
>>60786727
the source is keep it in the old thread, retard
or fuck off to /v/
>>
>>60786258
Vildeis Seems like the type of psychotic bitch that would attract a doomguy-like character, she despises evil so much that she would rather gouge out her own eyes than see evil and heresy with them. The characters that have levels in her prestige class generally interact with each other by comparing battle scars.

Someone who hates demons and other fiendish filth with all her might and puts them down wherever they pop up would probably sit right at home with the Empyreal Lord of sacrifice and rage
>>
>>60786047
You could try but you'll run into a few problems along the way unless your DM is very lenient. Off the top of my head:
1) ABP is a system designed around the assumption that magic weapons don't get flat enhancement bonuses to attack and damage outside of the attunement. As such you'd have to sacrifice your scaling enhancement from the shadow weapon ability unless you can sweet talk your DM into allowing you to translate those to special abilities.
2) Even if we ignore the above, both ABP and shadow weapon provide enhancement bonuses and neither explicitly allows stacking. As a result it would be the best of the two, not the sum of the two bonuses.
>>
>>60786262
>Have you seen pf2.
No, and neither have you. We've only seen snippets of content subject to change after the playtest feedback period finishes.
>>
>>60786287
Plus it's actually readable and understandable what you're actually getting out of the weapon compared to Pathfinder.
>>
>>60786771
Still a bit iffy. Like one gatekeeping mechanic in a video game could be requiring a double-jump, because the game has no mechanics that could let you skip that (outside of speedrunning shenanigans). In PF on the other hand, you can Fly, you can use a rope, you can build a human tower, you can build a tower of corpses from infinitely respawning enemies, you can just straight-up boost your jump checks, you can stone shape a staircase, and etc. Lot of ways for players to skip obstacles you may have planned.

Monsters are a better barrier, but then you might have the issue of the players thinking that they HAVE to fight the encounter and subsequently wiping, or being able to take the encounter due to some shenanigans.

Not saying it can't work, but you might have to put some hard limits on the PCs in terms of what abilities are available.
>>
>>60786708
Not really, you kill the clown girl in the first book!
>>
>>60787088
That’s not funny! That’s not funny at all!
>>
>>60787068
>you can build a tower of corpses
And I'm reminded of Tia's masterclass in Corpse Ramp Engineering in Exalted Quest.
>>
Ded thread
>>
File: 1528601224023.jpg (221 KB, 900x1250)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
So I've got a character in my current game with a connection to an elder forest being (thorn witch patron), and I had an idea for a plotline-related ability but I wanted to get some input on the idea.

It somewhat boils down to a parallel of marking an enemy in Shadow of Mordor, except instead of using ghostly power to dominate an uruk they'd be using fast-growing thorns to dominate a plant creature.

If you were going to try and have such an effect, what would your rules interpretation be for it? How would you go about doing it?
>>
>>60787088
Kill Jestah
>>
>>60787088
But I want to honk her first, anon! I want to make her flower squirt!
>>
>>60788668
I'm not familiar with shadows of mordor, but if it's just dominating a plant, ask your gm to let you have either the charm person or dominate animal/person/monster line, but it can affect plant creatures as though they had a mind at the exclusion of all the normal targets of the spell or something

Or much more simply you can just make a hex to do exactly what you want, it probably wouldn't even be a blip on the 'overpowered' radar considering other hexes, just make sure it scales instead of getting everything at level 1 and you should be fine after going through the details with the gm
>>
File: OneWhoPitchesSamsara.png (141 KB, 882x590)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
Who is ready to play DHB's new game?
>>
>>60788668
Is thorn witch any good? The javelin thing doesn't seem that good for a class with such a shit bab.
>>
What are some of the more beginner friendly classes in Pathfinder? Not tard-proof or anything like that but something nestled comfortably in the middle of the pack complexity wise.
>>
>>60789328
Unchained Rogues, Barbarians, Bard, Inquisitor.
>>
>>60789328
3/4 BAB with a bit of spellcasting classes
>>
>>60789328

One of these. Generally the less archetyped, the simpler:

>Tier 3:
Alchemist, Bard, Inquisitor, Magus, Investigator, Warpriest, Paladin (Sacred Servant/Temple Champion), Hunter, Skald, Mesmerist, Occultist, Spiritualist, Bloodrager (Monstrous Physique UMD/Urban Bloodrager/Primalist/Enlightened Bloodrager), Medium (Spirit Dancer/Rivethun Spirit Channeler), Vigilante (Warlock/Zealot/Cabalist/Magical Child/Avenging Beast), Ranger (Divine Tracker + Nirmathi Irregular), Rogue (Sylvan Trickster)
>Tier 4:
Barbarian, Paladin, Ranger, Adept, Brawler, Slayer, Fighter (Eldritch Guardian/Lore Warden/Mutation Warrior/Martial Master/Drill Sergeant/Child of Acavna & Amaznen/Relic Master), Bloodrager, Medium, Unchained Monk, Unchained Barbarian, Monk (Properly Archetyped - namely Qinggong Monk/Invested Regent), Vigilante (Stalker/Avenger), Unchained Rogue, Ninja (Hunting Serpent), Rogue (Eldritch Raider + Counterfeit Mage UMD/Phantom Thief), Shifter (Fiendflesh/Oozemorph/Elementalist), Swashbuckler (Azatariel)
>>
>>60789328
the Core classes, unarchetyped
>>
>>60789480
>Oozemorph
This sounds rad as fuck. Please tell me it's viable.
>>
>>60789762
It's absolutely godawful, the person who made that list is retarded
>>
File: 1464241182092.jpg (27 KB, 403x365)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Why the hell does the 2d4 damage die even exist? And why is it placed AHEAD 1d10 or 1d12? 2d4 loses in both average and maximum damage. Literally the only thing it wins at is minimum damage.

Just, what the fuck?
>>
>>60789762
>>60789773
oozemorph is the best way to play a shifter and the only balanced way to have an Ooze as a PC. its not awful, its about as awesome as it sounds. but shifter, an archetyped one at that, is far from a beginner class.

you can use Ooze compression and turn your limbs into goo swords
and you get DR4/slash
>>
>>60789790
because HURR DURR MORE DICE=BETTER
>>
>>60789790
Where are you looking at for that, anon?

2d4 is equivalent to 1d8 on the 'sizing up dice' charts.
>>
File: size.png (14 KB, 336x379)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>60789821
>>
Is anyone looking for an extra player on roll20 or some other online app? I'm stationed in Okinawa and starved for some good roleplaying. Haven't played Pathfinder before, outside of the ACG for shits and giggles, but I'd love to participate in a campaign and learn.
>>
File: Untitled.png (20 KB, 317x878)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>60789844
Just cuz those sets are in that order doesn't necessarily mean they're rated by quality. I think it's just for neatness that all the 'multiple dice' sizes are together.

Like if you look here...

>If the die type is not referenced on this chart, apply the following rules before adjusting the damage dice. 2d4 counts as 1d8 on the chart, 3d4 counts as 2d6 on the chart, and so on for higher numbers of d4. 1d12 counts as 2d6 on the chart, and so on for higher numbers of d12.

They've put 2d4 as equivalent to 1d8 when it comes to raising or reducing its damage steps. They're just ordered oddly on that first table so all the multidice ones are together.
>>
>>60789895
So what you're saying is a scythe is actually worse because increasing its damage dice by a step makes it 1d10 and not 2d6?
>>
>>60789773
Oozemorph is significantly better than the base Shifter.

But if you want to play an "ooze" theme'd character the best option is Alchemist (Ectoplasm Master/Toxicant) probably.
>>
>>60790017
Yeah.

You were looking at the first table in the wrong direction. You look across for size ups, not vertically.

A Scythe plus one damage step does result in 1d10, yes. But also recall, since 1d8 is greater than 1d6, one size-up increases it by two steps. So a Large Scythe does 2d6.
>>
>>60790017
No, it's equivalent to 1d8, so it goes up to 2d6. When you go up a step on the chart, if the original damage was 1d8 or above, you go up by 2 steps.
>>
Is Against the Aeon Throne not in the trove? I've been trying to find it.
>>
Anyone here play the ACG? What's the general opinion of it?
>>
>>60788998
I'm fucking down.
>>
>>60789808
>the only balanced way to have an Ooze as a PC
I mean, you're correct, but I can't really say you're right, even ignoring 3pp options.

>oozemorph is the best way to play a shifter
Actually false. Adaptive Shifter is currently the best way to play the class. Oozemorph at best barely functions, even compared to the base Shifter, and is worse than Elementalist and arguably worse than all the other archetypes that exist. The only thing Oozemorph does "well" is that it has the most robust transformation ability available outside of Adaptive, but it's still full of limits and problems that penalize you for transforming at all.
>>
>>60789808
The writer said they intentionally gimped the oozemorph compared to a standard shifter.
>>
>>60789194
Well the player isn't actually playing a full on witch but a witchknight, an inquisitor archetype that trades some stuff out for witch hexes and a familiar. Among other things, it means that he's actually able to land hits with the javelin thing.
Mechanically I don't think thorns are a particularly powerful patron, but thematically it fits the party and the campaign is 80% overgrown ruins anyway so I want to make it work.
>>
>>60789808
>oozemorph is the best way to play a shifter

no it isn't lmao
>>
>>60789808
Oozemorph is literally a worse vow of poverty monk
>>
>>60789821
>Range 1-8 median 4.5, even 12.5% probability
>Range 2-8 Median 5, 25% probability of 5
More dice means a more stable probability towards average, and a higher minimum.
>>
>>60786978
From which it's obvious they don't understand some of the fundamental problem that's plagued pathfinder from the beginning. Of course some of these problems could be solved in the play test but considering how bad paizo is at using receiving feedback that won't.
>>
>>60790751
It doesn't come out until the end of August
>>
>>60789808
I bet you're the type of guy that purposely makes their character built bad for roleplay.
>>
>>60789886
You’re better off trawling Roll20’s LFG than asking around here. The campaigns of yore are long behind us.
>>
Is a 17 in Dex at lvl 1 bad if you’re hitting Touch AC? What if it’s not a full-BAB class?
>>
>>60794476
Over the course of 20 levels, the average touch ac stays 10-15, usually averaging around 12. Touch AC is low so wizards and the like can actually hit stuff, your alchemist will be just fine and can likely stack as many penalties to hit as he wants past level 5
>>
>>60794476
Attacking touch ac is just autohitting past the first couple levels, a +3 dex is fine
>>
>>60794527
>>60794678
Ooh, thanks you guys! Now I’m stuck with an extra +2 attribute points and nowhere to put them I dare not to go down to 16 for +5 since then I don’t have anything to put my lvl 4 bonus into. Should I use these extra points to give my character some extra strength, or extra Con? That d8 HD is looking rather dicey, and I would quite like some stamina - alternatively, muscles are always good to have.

Or maybe this is all hogwash, and I should devote these points to the mental faculties. A 14 Intelligence is fine for an Alchemist, is it? I’m not worried about skills, so this would be entirely out of how these numbers benefit my class abilities.
>>
>>60794886
Int decides your damage with bombs and other splash weapons, the DC of your bombs, your number of extracts, and some other miscellaneous things, it's the most important stat of you're focusing on bombs, but if you're going for an alchemist that can be decent at melee as well then a 14-16 can work just fine. Remember that your Mutagen can help fix up your physical stats a bit
>>
>>60795113
How does 14/17/14/14/13/10 look? Post-racial, of course, and I am in fact looking to embolden my mutagens so I can be quite the killer in close range - let ‘em learn this nerd’s got claws.
>>
File: Class_creation_monk.png (75 KB, 297x456)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
how to stat a sacred fist, /tg/?
>>
File: arsene0.gif (63 KB, 380x389)
63 KB
63 KB GIF
We talked a bit about it last thread, but is there anything from the recent books, like the Magic Trick or Healing Hands feats, that might be of use for a Phantom Thief Rogue? I feel like there's potential for the archetype, maybe in combination with a dip in Empiricist or Inspired Blade, I dunno.

The hard part is figuring out a build that isn't simply "A Fighter with worse BAB" or "A Wizard with lots of first level SLAs"...
>>
>>60795189
Looks good, feral mutagen is a must have for your steroids
Besides maybe power attack, most of your feats at level 3+ should be going towards the Extra Discovery feat since discoveries will generally be more useful to you unless you're hyper focusing bombs enough to get the twf and archery feats, Discoveries are more powerful than 99% of feats for the most part And more fun as well
>>
>>60795315
Besides the silliness of ending any encounter with a diplomacy check at level 10, you can do massive debuffs with the intimidate unlocks and the sense motive unlocks are ok

I'll have to start looking through the literal thousands of shitty skill related feats to find the gems
>>
>>60795315
Snake Style might be really powerful, the Empiricist dip would make it Int-focused (though it may be better to just have a trait do that if possible).

>>60795694
A cursory glance through the SRD gave me this so far:
> Eldritch Heritage
> Orator/Esoteric Linguistics
> Hellcat Stealth/Dampen Presence/Owl Style
> Bloody Mess
> Deft Catcher
> Monster Spotter
> Needle in a Haystack
> Maze Expert
>>
>>60795755
>Hellcat stealth
The new Shadow's Shroud lets you do the same thing, but without the -10 penalty and feat prerequisites, but only x/rounds a day

>Orator
2/3rds of the feat are basically useless as you'll be putting points into intimidate and diplomacy for the skill unlocks anyways

Owl style looks almost ok... for anything but a phantom thief who doesn't get sneak attack

Most of the other things are rather weak, but I guess they can work
>>
Does a Harbinger's Dark Claim/a Crimson Countess' Crimson Claim count as a Curse for the effects of Cursed Razor maneuvers?
>>
>>60796220
No, that's why there's a feat to make claims curse enemies. Did you even read the book?
>>
>>60796220
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats/malevolence-combat/
>>
>>60795315
G-go Unchained Rogue and use Elven curve blade 2h with dex for both attack and damage!

I-I swear it's not a dumb gimmick!
>>
Are you optimistic or pessimistic for the second edition?
>>
>>60796410
He has to be unchained if he wants the skill unlocks, dummy. He'd probably be better off doing reach shenanigans on the side.
>>
File: NeutralImageName.jpg (10 KB, 480x360)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>60796421
>>
>>60796424
E-Elven branched spear!
>>
What would it take to get your character to marry a kitsune?
>>
>>60796127
The prereq isn't really a problem for Phantom Thief, and really with all the ranks it gets a -10 isn't as bad (if you're stacking the Cat Burglar archetype you can null it by taking 10), although the uses per day for Shadow's Shroud isn't so bad considering you don't need to use the rounds once you've succeeded the Stealth check (I assume).

As for Orator and Owl Style, I'd say you're right. Most of those feats I listed are just things you *could* take, but not necessarily great options.

With so much access to Combat Trick, maybe VMC's viable for a Phantom Thief. Not sure what though...
>>
>>60796506
Dominate Person
>>
>>60796410
>>60796424
>>60796453
I mean, Phantom Thiefs *can* be Unchained, so it wouldn't be difficult...
>>
>>60796521
Okay but jokes aside I've been meaning to try and find a way to make the two Elven exotic weapons somewhat usable, and Unchained Rogue seems like the "easiest way", so maybe?

Though the BAB is still low...
>>
>>60796508
>maybe VMC's viable for a Phantom Thief. Not sure what though...
Wizard VMC is pretty swell, Bard VMC could be unironically pretty cool too if that's your thing.
>>
>>60796540
It's easy to make them useful
Play an elf
>>
>>60796612
See the thing is I want to also use dex and not fall off in damage. I can't find a good way to do so.
>>
>>60796506
Fat fox tits and fluffy tail.
>>
>>60796540
It's definitely the way to go for Dex, although really both work equally fine as Strength weapons. You don't *have* to Finesse them. Though if you must, go Swashbuckler Rogue and pick either as your martial weapon of choice (provided you're an Elf/Half-Elf who has the racial to treat them as such).

>>60796598
Bardic Knowledge would fit pretty well with all those Knowledge ranks, and Wizard would help with a Major Magic focused build I suppose. Sorcerer may be neat, though Eldritch Heritage may be easier.
>>
>>60796728
Most Sorcerer bloodlines just seem awful to me, all their powers are shit, better acquired elsewhere, or come way too late (wings at 15th? When you'd be better off with Overland Flight? REEEEEE)
>>
>>60796506
Defurryfy spell. Also big fat anime tiddies.
>>
>>60796772
Most people snag Arcane for the Familiar, though theres lots of ways to get one now.
>>
The only eldritch/exotic heritages decent for a non caster are something that gives a familiar or animal companion or one of the str boosting ones like orc
>>
OK, so, GMing question.

Boss fights against a single enemy.

I understand that they are pretty universally a horrible idea, but has anyone found ways to make them engaging and avoid the whole "unless the boss was ridiculously OP he will get action-economied to death super-anticlimactically" thing?
>>
>>60797021
Really, give it a way to recover quickly from common crowd control tactics, and just a way to recover from hard hits in general, then also not make them melee locked, and you've come a long way.
>>
>>60797021
inflate his HP and make him immune to status effects, and don't allow battlefield manipulation, like all those RPG bosses in video games
>>
File: progriss.png (544 KB, 1321x931)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
Going to be playing Promethean Alchemist in an upcoming game and I'm having trouble deciding what feats to put on my companion.

My alchemist herself is a frazzled sort of party face with great Cha skills (+11 to diplo, perform, and bluff) Int and Dex.
I have full reign on the optional Construct and Homonculus improvement rules and will likely have a source of income set aside from the party so that I can make cool things without draining the party of their cool things.

I want to build my companion into a badass In-their-face natural attack fighter since I'll have plenty of money with which to upgrade him over the course of the campaign. What 8 feats can I build him into for this?
3pp content is generally allowed but nothing over the top. Elephant in the Room is in effect as well.
>>
>>60797021
Emergency Force Sphere
Globe of Invulnerability

or idk

Regeneration (something else than fire or acid) + Diehard
>>
>>60796995
>animal companion
I dont think Sylvan works, the companion counts as your Arcana.
>>
File: Wren2.png (310 KB, 868x1200)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>60797136
Hey, do you have a fully colored version of that image?

I ask because it's my character from a long long time ago.
>>
File: chickenladyWIP.png (391 KB, 868x1200)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>60797192
Only a WIP that I've been drumming on slowly over this month, here you go.
Her design really inspired the fuck out of me and I've made her into a sort of sideshow barmey type character with terrible Wis but high Int and Cha whom adorably annoys everyone with her little gnome-like assistant.
>>
>>60797259
Hey, that's pretty great! I'm glad that old design is seeing some more use these days. I always liked Wren's design.
>>
>>60797192
>>60797259
>thicc hips
>thicc thighs
>thicc tail
>knees of a malnourished child
this makes me sad
>>
File: Sable_Colored.png (1.85 MB, 1441x2112)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>60797350
Ramen's art has come a long way since then.
>>
>>60797192
>That gap
Goodness
>>
>>60797136
>not skipping the archetype to grab the Promethean Disciple discovery to make a ridiculously overpowered homonculus at higher levels
>>
File: DiWS30Y.jpg (47 KB, 412x350)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>60797396
>Wanting F.U.N. instead of needless powergaming.
>>
>>60797367
>>60797350
Honestly, I'm considering getting some more art of Wren done. Bring her back and use her again, maybe this time as a gun chemist, since that archetype is the only decent gun using class setup in all of 1pp.
>>
File: 1494374544747.png (217 KB, 366x479)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>60797542
>Bring her back and use her again
Well, if that's gonna involve F-list profile keep me posted.
>>
>>60797136
Godspeed you madman. you are a Preservationist, right?

Also, I would actually unironically consider toughness, for the simple reason that the lack of a Con score hurts like a bitch.
>>
>>60797456
>not spending every single gold piece a level 20 character has to make a tiny god with:
439 Hit Dice
+109 ability score points
(Base: Str 8, Dex 15, Con - , Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 7)
2414 HP
BAB +439
Base Saving Throws 146 + modifications
Poison attack: Fortitude DC 229 or sleep for 1 minute
And 219 feats
>>
>>60797643
w-what
how
>>
Has anyone here used the Occult Ritual system before? Howd it go? What kind of rituals did you make?
>>
File: Pls.jpg (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>60797542
Is there somewhere one can stay posted on this, anon?
I may have stolen the character design almost entirely, but more art of the same character is always a massive boon.
>>
>>60797588
... shit, I wouldn't even know where to start with an F-list for Wren. The only things I ever gave a ton of consideration to were her neuroses and the fact that the party barbarian from her original campaign was a bearded hunk with 24 strength.

>>60797696
Unfortunately, I don't really have a specific place for this sort of thing. I'd let you know if I did.
>>
>>60797684
You can add hit dice for a simple +2000gp without a cap Though after being created, you can only pump up its hd up to +50% of its original hd
It's fucking hilarious, too bad there's a cap on iterative attacks
>>
>>60797684
Homunculus
>>
>>60797745
>>60797750
I never realized there's no cap. Holy shit.
>>
>>60797781
It's only for the homonculus though, nothing else
>>
>>60797788
I mean what else could be considered here?
>>
Quickly my fellows, I am making a Razmiran campaign and require as much art as I can get of all things Razmir and cult related!
>>
>>60797924
Try Pinterest maybe
>>
>>60797729
When there's the will there's the way.
>>
>>60797994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y
>>
>>60798014
I mean, if you're feeling particularly kinky...
>>
>>60797970
I get a lot of cool things, but nothing of what I'm looking for there.
>>
>>60796506
Nothing short of her Holding his hand and cuddling him with a fluffy tail
>>
>>60797729
What if you applied to Ruins of Azlant with Wren? Surely the ruined continent is a treasure trove of alchemical ingredients!
>>
>>60798220
Got a link to the game in question?
>>
I'm a brawler in a campaign which will have a modified shadow demon messing with the group soon enough. Rest of the aprty is newer players who use ranged stuff, so they won't realize how bad this can get, and I'm the prime possession target. Any good combat feats to punch shadow demons to death, assuming I pass my Will save? Reduce the miss change or hit ghosts more solidly, that kind of thing? Just hit level 7 and no clue when it'll come after us again so I might have time to prepare.
>>
File: Continent_of_Avistan.jpg (296 KB, 1381x1024)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
What setting books about nations would you recommend?
>>
>>60798251
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/121735/the-ruins-of-azlant

>>60798350
All of them are good, but special mention goes to Land of the Linnorm Kings and Andoran.
>>
>>60798350
None of them.
>>
Nisa
>>
>>60798350
Not Ustalav
>>
>>60796506
Murder of the kistune.
>>
>>60798350
Holomog and/or Droon, if I didn't expect Paizo to handle them poorly. A matriarchal nation ruled by woman not because of some divine mandate or ancient tradition but because a fucking pirate queen sailed into town and murdered the shit out of the old ruling class? Ready to go to war with the neighboring nation of Aztec-lizardfolk riding dinosaurs? Both nations afflicted by thin planar boarders that allow the outer realms to leak into the Material Plane?

Sounds pretty cool to me.
>>
>>60799728
>A matriarchal nation ruled by woman not because of some divine mandate or ancient tradition but because a fucking pirate queen sailed into town and murdered the shit out of the old ruling class?
Holomog is ran by women because of Divine Mandate. Every man who tried to sit the throne died violently. Which is okay I guess, after all women get the best stuff in Golarion.
>>
>>60790460
You're confusing damage steps and size steps.

One step is one step.

One size step, if greater than 1d6, is two steps.

>>60792622
It is slightly better yeah, but it's semiroughly equivalent.
>>
>>60796445
We'll put.
>>
>>60798220
Well, I took your advice and tossed Wren into an application. Now to get my heart broken as I'm rejected.
>>
>>60795315
If you worship Norgorber, you could use their Divine Fighting Technique to good effect provided you've bolstered Stealth out the wazoo. It won't be as good without SA, but with feats like Hellcat Stealth or Shadow's Shroud like >>60796127 suggested, you might be able to use it often.
>>
>>60800389
Will your heart be more broken by applying to a game and not being one of the ones picked or by applying to a game and then not seeing anyone get picked as the DM disappears?
>>
>>60800517
Hmmmmmm probably the first one, as then my bitterness will be tinged with envy.
>>
http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lkxl?Pathfinder-Society-3-Organized-Playtest

http://paizo.com/products/btpya0ag?Pathfinder-Playtest-Adventure-Doomsday-Dawn

http://paizo.com/products/btpya1y3?Pathfinder-Society-Playtest-Scenario-1-The-Rose-Street-Revenge

http://paizo.com/products/btpya1y4?Pathfinder-Society-Playtest-Scenario-2-Raiders-of-Shrieking-Peak

http://paizo.com/products/btpya1y5?Pathfinder-Society-Playtest-Scenario-3-Arclords-Envy

Do these premade adventures sound promising to any degree?
>>
>>60798270
Your punches already count as magic for the purpose of hitting incorporeal, so get yourself a nice protection against evil spell and you're golden
>>
File: Elf Kay.png (142 KB, 299x368)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>wondering about maybe asking the GM about leadership, since it'd be kinda neat to have a Paladin who inspires people to help do good deeds and create a network of help he can lay down foundations for behind him
>come to find out that the player playing a princess-in-hiding was going to take it, and the GM already had some plans lined up for that
>this is at least the third time something like this has happened
>>
>>60801898
>Using the leadership feat instead of making companions and followers an earned part of the experience.

GM a-shit.
>>
>attacks of opportunity
>>
File: h02ph3rrca7z.jpg (32 KB, 750x336)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>60802123
That's not how you spell fighter class features, anon.
>>
File: 1491524336121.png (298 KB, 428x925)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>One party member got turned into a vampire
>The other had plans to take leadership and get a following
>The now-vamp player is thinking about doing the same with their thrall spawning abilities
As a lowly martial, and aside from taking leadership myself, is there anything i could do to be able to contribute? All my connections from being a lowlife got lost back at the start of the game, and we've been sailing ever since
>>
>>60802618
Remember that they're giving stuff up to have low-level followers, while you can focus on becoming so badass that their armies are like paper?
>>
What is the biggest and baddest sea monster in all of pathfinder? I need like, Mega Kraken
>>
>>60803269
Probably one of these two dudes:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/kaiju/kaiju-mogaru/
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/great-old-ones/great-old-one-cthulhu/
>>
File: 1530126267946.jpg (1.49 MB, 5026x3263)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>60803269
>>
>>60803269
FROGS FOR THE FROG GOD
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/demon-lords/demon-lord-tsathogga-the-frog-god-tohc
>>
>>60803302
>>60803414
>>60803430
I want an aquatic oneshot campaign where the PCs play these four dudes getting way too drunk during soggy poker night.
>>
>>60803414
Why the hell does this thing not have all around vision?
>>
>>60804187
>defensive abilities: all around vision

Read nigga, read!
>>
>>60804187
>Defensive Abilities: All-around vision

Also, any tips for my app on Ruins? I just tossed it up now.
>>
>>60804231
>>60804236
Okay, I thought all around vision would be listed under senses, not defensive abilities. I also assumed from the Massive ability explaining how big creatures have to be to flank it meant that it could be flanked... which AFAIK it can't be, if it's got all around vision.
>>
>>60804236
Fix your damn picture.
>>
>>60804458
I don't know how to Roll20 styling.
>>
>>60804492
Upload it somewhere else I mean. It's 403 Forbidden and broken right now cause Gelbooru doesn't like hotlinking.
>>
>>60803414
WHITE
WHALE
>>
someone needs to make a big strong muscle-dude for the Ruins of Azlant game. do we really want to let those big tiddy ladies get bred by INT/DEX basedboys?
>>
>>60804594
Fixed! Thanks for the help.
>>
File: 1432775579654.jpg (102 KB, 926x885)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>60804743
How much Strength do you want, brother?
>>
>>60804851
you know what they say about the size of your strength score
>>
>>60804851
If you're not a Trox or an Orc, you're not pushing your strength high enough.
>>
>>60804743
I mean the only character with a sheet up that would fit the role of frontliner is Solias. Who's Strength based.

The only other male martials are Solomon, Asriel, and Artin. Last two have art that suggests some STR score, but who the fuck knows.
>>
>>60804872
I'm cooking up an app with 14 Strength and 14 Con, that enough to slake your desires?
>>
>>60804888
if i was a big tiddy adventurer lady, i'd probably do you so sounds good to me
>>
File: 1392017549161.png (99 KB, 494x375)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>mfw Wist applied with a Literal Sword
>>
>>60804962
what monster have you created with your slutsword, Obsidian?
>>
>>60804962
if I could gas you cabal faggots I would
>>
>>60805027
She's not a slutsword, she's a rapier!
>>
I am trying to make a gestalt character who I expect is a heavy armor frontliner and stuff. Is combining SoM and PoW a bad idea? I was thinking of SoM Blacksmith with PoW Warder.
>>
>>60805091
>Not the faglord who keeps bringing them up every single day
>>
>>60805291
it wouldn't get brought up at all if cabal faggots didn't feel the need to announce every time DHB or Wist take a shit
>>
>>60805189
Not a troll question, genuinely curious by the way. One person told me not a good idea since PoW is much more obvioualy stronger than SoM
>>
>>60805496
Well, the problem isn't so much strength disparity (gestalting stronger classes with a weaker one happens all the time), but more the fact that the subsystems don't interact well.

Strikes are not attack actions, so whenever you use a PoW strike you won't be getting the benefits of any SoM talents you're using.
>>
>>60805496
Nah. SoM offers a lot of passive upgrades to a martial that fill in a PoW character.

But like other anon said you likely won't be using the active portions in conjuction with each other.
>>
>>60805540
>>60805551
So I guess it can work then if I made sure to take mainly passive combat talents

I'll give it a try, and if it doesnt work, I'll just get another idea
>>
>>60805599
No?
>>
>>60804962
>>60805027
>>60805091
>>60805177

The wraith 0.2 of the Path of the Ancestor and the armorist (spirit blade) raise an unavoidable question: is sabotaging your potential actions worth upgrading an ally? The answer is looking to be, "No, probably not."

A wraith 0.2 of the Path of the Ancestor lingers inside an ally, diverts hit point damage to themselves, grants one or two (aegis) talents, and flings out mid-casting. That is... vaguely decent, but I cannot imagine it being more ideal than having a dedicated spherecaster on the field, more actively positioning themselves and tossing out higher-powered sphere effects.

The armorist (spirit) blade cannot divert damage to themselves, they do not automatically grant (aegis) talents, and they are stuck with low-casting. Their claim to fame is granting extra talents and improving the action economy of their ally, and is that really much better than having an extra combatant on the field swinging around their own weapon? It is not as though they have much noncombat ability either, what with 2 base skill points and a lack of wraith form and haunts.

Am I missing something here? Is there some major benefit about the wraith 0.2 of the Path of the Ancestor and the armorist (spirit blade) that makes them ideal?

I am thinking that from 1st through 5th level, the ideal ally for an armorist (spirit blade) is a Barrage spheremighter with a hornbow (or, to support a gunslinger, a musket or a rifle). This way, the spheremighter's Barrage can be used as a move action once per round, thus creating a turret who fires off two Barrages per round. So much being a spirit *blade*, then; a ranged weapon is the way to go. Or, in other words, less Touken Ranbu, more Girls Frontline. However, by 6th level, the martial focus expenditure for Barrage will make this less attractive, unless the armorist (spirit blade) can easily replenish martial focus while in ranged weapon form.
>>
>>60807252

As far as ideal wielders for an armorist (spirit blade) are concerned, aside from a gunslinger with the usual gun training, I could see an inquisitor with a hornbow greatly appreciating being bumped up to full base attack bonus as they plink away with their bane (su) class feature. Can anyone else think of ideal wielders?
>>
Dunno if this has been asked/bandied about literally a million times or what, but googling and forum trawling has given me... mixed answers at best.

How do I do Bloodborne-style trick weapons? How do I make them satisfying to use? Should there be an associated feat?
>>
dedthred
>>
>>60804734
HOLY
GRAIL
>>
Sorcerer looks pretty good for 2ed.
>>
>>60807569
Bloodborne style weapons?
Lots of bleed
>>
>>60808302
I wish I had an image to describe how NOTHING that answer is
>>
If you were going to play as a monstrous PC, say anything CR 10 or less with lower CR monsters getting class levels and or templates to bring them up to CR 10, what monster and class would you go with? And say hypothetically this was for a game where a bunch of monsters have been brought together by a nascent demon lord to begin working on a ritual to power his ascent to true demon lord status.
>>
What do people think of the premade character sheet for Fumbus, the iconic goblin alchemist of Pathfinder 2e?
>>
>>60809057

I cannot see people relying on acid flasks very much, seeing how the damage payoff is significantly delayed, which is poor for putting down an enemy with an alpha strike.
>>
>>60807569
Closest thing to trick weapons in 1pp would probably be custom spring-loaded weapons. For example you could design one that's usable one or two-handed, has split damage types, and gains reach as a swift action, but half of that would require you to effectively gimp yourself to gain the correct flavor (since there's no reason you couldn't use the Kirkhammer's sword in two hands apart from just choosing not to).

In 3pp there are a few more options, for example if you go back to the old Forgeworks doc there's an option with the Transformation quality. I can't remember if Steelforge ever took the same idea though. I also feel like at some point Jolly made some rules for it, but that might be foggy memory speaking. There's also been more than a few homebrew creations with the idea, but I have no idea where you'd begin looking for those.

Forgeworks: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11PB2diPJRaIQjwWeycsI4CjMHo9orpGa0K_BaUjvKWM/edit
>>
>>60802618
Become War itself. Boost your saves. Get immunities to common things.

A level 10 character is a god compared to a level 1 character.
>>
>>60801946
This. Leadership is a munchkin crutch for quantifying what should be part of roleplay.
>>
>>60810263
So what if I as a GM use Leadership as a prerequisite for players to control and build NPCs as they want for them to stay on track with levels and let them have any NPC they might possibly get through RP except they don't level nowhere near at the same rate and I get to build them?
>>
>>60809062
>Persistant 1d4 acid damage
>Requires a Nat 20 to stop
If monsters get access to the same gear as PCs I wonder how many PCs will die before they are able to successfully make their save.
>>
>>60810370
There must be some kind of rule for helping succeed on flat checks.
>>
>>60810465
Maybe flat checks aren't the same they were in 1e? It might just be a "you pick a save and that's what you use" system.
>>
>>60810465
It would be less bad if it could also be stopped by having hit points restored (such as with the Medicine skill or Magical Healing).
>>
>>60810513
According to the Glass Cannon Podcast: A "flat check" means its a d20 with no modifiers.
>>
>>60810653
Well that's shit. I mean I'm glad they're improving alchemical items, but that's a bit much isn't it?
>>
>>60807252
>>60807410

As someone else points out, it does seem like a good idea for an armorist (spirit blade) to use a Conjuration companion with Boon Companion to wield themselves, particularly with a Barrage build as explained above. However, is that really much better than a regular armorist fighting side by side with a companion?

>>60810370
>>60810513
>>60810535

I wonder if the full playtest rules contain some provisions for ending persistent damage prematurely. Otherwise, acid flasks seem like a good option for inflicting hit-and-runs for nigh-inexorable damage over time.
>>
>>60810250
>Become War itself. Boost your saves. Get immunities to common things.
We're playing pathfinder, not nethack
Also my issue is "how will i be of help", not "how will i beat them". It's not being stronger than their followers and cohorts that interests me
>>
>>60802618
Change your class.
>>
Are there any martial classes and archetypes that use INT aside from that one swashbuckler archetype?
>>
>>60802618
Request PoW or SoM be allowed, and rebuild as appropriate.
>>
>>60812444
Siege Gunner Gunglinger, Slayers, and the Duelist PrC is all I think. There might be an archetype or something that uses the same Uncanny Defense feature as Duelist too.
>>
>>60812865
>There might be an archetype or something that uses the same Uncanny Defense feature as Duelist too.
Student of War.
>>
File: tch.png (37 KB, 202x206)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>60812444
>>60812865
> Always think about making a STR/INT character using Artful Dodge to satisfy DEX feats with INT
> Never do because lower DEX means lower initiative and AC
>>
>>60815117
Same
>>
File: Hello Darkness.jpg (68 KB, 479x370)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>60815117
>no good Str/Int race
>the ones that exist are super out there awful
>or have bad gimmicks (-2 Dex AND negative energy affinity)
>meanwhile Dex/[Anything] has options out the ass
Strongboyes aren't allowed to be smart, or have nice things in general.
>>
>>60815189
>>60815117
Strongboyes are allowed to have the busty Dex/Cha sorceress!
>>
>>60815117
>>60815127
Vanguard Slayer might be a good pick. They get half their level at least to initiative, and their Bond ability (not to mention Master Slayer...if you hit 20) is tied to Int. You might want feats like Armor Focus to help boost your AC though.

>>60815189
Are there *any* STR/INT races out there? Hell, I can't even find a CON/INT race. Looking at the table on the SRD there really are a bunch of Dex races...
>>
>>60815319
Offhand, there was one in the new planes book, but it's +Str/Int and -Dex, while also being a shiny-gold-skinned extraplanar race right out of a shitty 80's metal album cover. There's the Jiangshi-born Dhampir, which is the same spread as the above race, while also having Negative Energy Affinity for an added "fuck you". Maybe that's workable for you, but it's two strikes against it.

There's also Male Lashunta, who are +Str/Int and -Wis, while being... A race literally nobody used or cared about outside of Starfinder, and who were retconned to being different in Starfinder anyway.
>>
>>60815319
There's a variant Dhampir that's STR/INT, but it got errata'd to have -2 DEX.

> Interestingly, while jiang-shi themselves boast high Dexterity scores (representing their ability to hop around the battlefield quickly without being hindered by such obstacles as difficult terrain), jiang-shi-born lack this dextrous trait (and are indeed clumsier than most dhampirs), likely because they are able to walk on both legs and have some sort of physiological disconnect between their unique undead lineage and their mortal physicality. This is represented by the penalty to Dexterity.

Because light sensitivity and Negative Energy affinity weren't already enough, right?
>>
your reminder that Tieflings should have a +Str/Int, -Cha variant, and I will fight you if you say otherwise
>>
>>60815462
Devil spawn Tieflings shouldn't have a Cha penalty
>>
>>60815462
Honestly at this point Aasimar and Tieflings may as well have a matrix of every +2/+2 combination.
>>
Can Skalds compete with bards when it comes to plotting?
>>
>>60815494
Alternatively, two free floating +2s to pepper as they please, ala Human Dual Talent, and save the money on page count.
>>
>>60815553
Yes!
>>
>>60815553
Any class with decent charisma levels can be as good as a bard at plotting. Skald having bard spells just makes it easier.
>>
>>60815319
>>60815381
I mean alternatively you could play a Dex/Int race and use the bonus to Dex to help with however much you lose boosting Str. Really though as far as classes go, like >>60812865 asked, it's probably best to play something like a Magus or Investigator rather than a martial. Maybe a Living Grimoire Inquisitor.
>>
File: kP3rnCS.jpg (67 KB, 736x1062)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>60812444
>>60815628
>Intelligence Based Martial
>nobody mentioned Occultist with Trappings of the Warrior yet
what's wrong with you people
>>
>>60815319
>Are there *any* STR/INT races out there?
http://www.starjammersrd.com/races/other-races/nuar/
>>
>>60815720
wyrmtouched has +str/int, -wis for outer blooded
>>
>>60815720
I want to play a Nuar!
>>
>>60815674
Well...because they're a caster. Technically. But you're right, it's got some Int-based casting and the Panoply give it full BAB. The problem, if I recall correctly, was something to do with how long it took to come "online". Not even Panoply Savant helps it out iirc.

>>60815720
I mean...that's a Paizo race, sure, but it's a Starfinder race. Not Pathfinder.
>>
>>60815930
>The problem, if I recall correctly, was something to do with how long it took to come "online". Not even Panoply Savant helps it out iirc.
It comes online at level fucking 2, and requires only 20 focus at level 20 in order to cap it out. That leaves all your extra focus (ie: from Int or the FCB you probably have) for other implements.
>>
>>60815930
You could probably back-convert it pretty easily. And interplanetary portal travel is already a thing in PF.
>>
>>60815990
Maybe I'm just misremembering something from last time I tried building one, dunno.
>>
new thread
>>60816024
>>60816024
>>60816024
>>60816024
>>60816024
>>60816024
>>
>>60816028
>page 1
>>
>>60816042
Better than kitsune.
>>
>>60816068
We haven't even hit bump limit faggot.
>>
>>60816013
Probably. I'm still annoyed at myself for not actually having had the chance to play one of those Occultists. There never seems to be a BAD time to be one, but never a good time either. Like, right now I could make one for an upcoming game, but we already have a bloodrager and a minion-focused Oracle, so what would be the point of ANOTHER idiot running directly at the enemy? Or another game, where I could have played it... But then nobody would have covered healing or a good 80% of skills at all, so I got stuck with Investigator.
>>
>>60816042
Just ignore it until this thread is on page 8 and then move over there.
>>
>>60816162
But Occultist can do healing and skills pretty easily
>>
>>60816224
Maybe healing about as well, but I needed Investigator-level-skill coverage over TotW BAB in that instance. Sometimes, nobody else in the party wants to roll skills, so you're stuck with it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.