[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1531197727662.jpg (896 KB, 2063x3078)
896 KB
896 KB JPG
Friends on the Other Side Edition

Previous thread: >>60776446

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing, Armada, and Legion Miniatures Games
>https://pastebin.com/RKyjSGFq
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Tons of old EU novels and Dark Horse comics
>https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg
Writefaggotry
>https://pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ

/swr/ Download links
>https://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ----
X-Wing 2.0 rulebook and quickstart rules are out, plus the prizes for the gencon escalation tournament:
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/11/the-space-battles-begin/

Palpatine Legion Preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/10/master-of-the-dark-side/

Royal Guard Legion Preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/10/defenders-of-the-empire/

Han Commander Preview:
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/6/reluctant-rebel/

2.0 Fang Preview:
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/9/direct-confrontation/
>>
File: Capture.png (15 KB, 271x133)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>60798705
Legion RRG finally got its big update, lots of additions and clarifications:
>https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/48/2f/482faf7d-cb63-4806-a396-b315052c8ca2/swl_rules_reference_110.pdf

All the other games got minor typo/wording updates to their tournament regulations.

OP copied the link to the X-Wing rulebook, but just to add one more thing, it seems the rulebook is not the rules reference (see: pic related), so we still don't actually have the final, definite set of rules.
>>
File: Rebel Agent 2.jpg (51 KB, 231x600)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Any tips for character building in D6? I'm particularly looking to make a Rebel spy/intelligence agent.
>>
>>60798705
>Star Wars General
You son of a bitch
>>
Looking for advice from you guys. I'm going to a store champ this weekend and I'm thinking about this list, any thoughts or suggestions for it?

Cavern Angels Zealot — X-Wing 22
Crack Shot 1
Renegade Refit -2
Flight-Assist Astromech 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 21

Crack Shot 1
Renegade Refit -2
Integrated Astromech 0
Servomotor S-Foils 0

Crack Shot 1
Renegade Refit -2
Integrated Astromech 0
Servomotor S-Foils 0

Bandit Squadron Pilot — Z-95 Headhunter 12
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers 1
Guidance Chips 0
Ship Total: 13

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) — Sheathipede-class Shuttle 20
Veteran Instincts 1
Tactician 2
Ship Total: 24

My thinking is that I can use Fenn to coordinate a TL to my z-95 so the tracer attack can be fully modified or I can coordinate a focus to the z if for some reason I couldn't focus. I can also use his ability to neuter one enemy ship to give my ships a better chance to survive the initial engagement. Thoughts?
>>
>>60798866
Pray to the Force when you roll the dice. d6 is easily the swingiest Star Wars game I've ever played; though I haven't yet played Saga so take that with a grain of salt.
>>
>>60798866

Dex 4
Know 3
Tech 3
Perception 4
>>
>>60798793
What's the significant changes in Legion? I'm just waiting on my stuff being delivered to get into the game. Any major changes?
>>
>>60798904
Even with Focus+chips, that's still over 84% to max out on hits. Fenn should be focusing for defense or coordinating rolls.

Tactician is powerful as hell, but if you see the matrix, possibly Casdian Andor to make your fenn squirrely and let the X-wings set up blocks and set up better killboxes?
>>
File: legionrrg.png (129 KB, 810x192)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>60799076
Yeah, lots of big ones. They've updated/clarified lots of old stuff and added rules for all the new stuff announced so far.
>>
File: 20180703_162319.jpg (360 KB, 866x593)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>Create this meme here with a caption about Bossk being a hero in the Battlefront Franchise before Ahsoka
>Person says its bad, and that Ventress would have been better instead of Ahsoka
>I say that he doesnt understand the meme, and that Ventress was a hero in OGBF2 so that wouldnt work
>he says its just not funny
>i tell him everyone else liked it, and hes the only one who thought it was bad
>he replies with a paragraph about how im an Ahsoka Shill and cant see the criticizm because i only look at certain comments
>its a fucking meme, not a statement
>>
>>60799141
Never did the math so thanks for that, I'll be sure to use coordinate for other shenanigans. I never bought the U-Wing expansion so I don't have Cassian crew, so Tactician is most likely my best crew choice.
>>
>>60799295
Yeah, tactician probably then.

It's a good looking list- I'd practice your first couple turns with it, get the engagement down.

Are you good with rock strategy and the like?
>>
>>60799076
cleared up when suppression happens, put an explicit explanation for area and charge weapons, explained what area terrain is (if you have a circle with a few trees in it, the whole circle should count as shooting through trees), clearing up that saber throw combos with Darth's relentless (if a card says its a type of action, treat it as such) and working out how compulsory moves actually work.
>>
>>60799377
>Are you good with rock strategy and the like?
Ehhh...that's something I haven't gotten down yet. Do you have any advice on how to place rocks effectively?
>>
how do I pick an x-wing faction

I like everything but I'm not made of money ;_;
>>
>tfw you will never pick up Sith chicks though telling them there’s still good in them
>>
>>60799791
Well, tell us what you like and what you like to do.
>>
File: 20180707_184221.png (569 KB, 697x1220)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
>>60799818
Thats because thats the wrong way to do it

Take lessons from Obi-Wan, you gotta flirt with them all the time, then go to the "good in you" stuff and then move on to hatefucking

Thats how you pick up Sith Chicks
>>
>>60799791
>>60765871
>>
Sorry for the brainlet question, but does Fenn Rau's (rebel) ability prevent a ship from spending all of its tokens or just one. Example, Fenn Rau uses his ability on Miranda with a target lock and focus for harpoons, can she not use either token or do I have to pick one she can't use?
>>
>>60798705
In the vein of the rather large warship update I put out yesterday, here's an equivalent starfighter update: including the Old Republic (Stinger, Saber, Aurek, Chela, Liberator, and Defender) and Sith Empires (Chaos, Buzzard, Quell, Legion, and Fury) factions. What's more I added the Basilisk War Droid and Davaab fighter to the Mandalorian list, and both the HWK-290 and KT-400 Droid Carrier to the Freighters list.
>>
>>60800195
And here's the most recent Capitals PDF for completion's sake.

As usual give requests. I'm about to start a new job in a few days so this spamming will lessen.
>>
>>60799508
So Paul Heaver's article on this is actually pretty good, but here's the condensed version.

If two people are setting up to joust, one is making a horrible mistake. The same applies for rock placement. Let your opponents make mistakes.

Lists that want to joust are more likely to win if nothing interferes, so they want rocks to play less of a role. A rock in the center is most likely to be relevant.

Place the obstacles with the biggest threat projection first. (remember, you can place the obstacles your opponent brought) (saying that Debris is a smaller threat projection from a rock of the same size) Your list is good at jousting, so you want rocks to not be important.

You can control how fast you go during setup, but not how fast your opponent goes. If you take the biggest 2 rocks and put them in your own corners of the board(as close as possible- R2 from each edge), you can fly straight past them turn 1- they are now irrelevant for the rest of the game.

It's usually better to approach from the side with more rocks, as that means before the engage (when you have drastically more freedom where you can move), you can ensure you don't hit any of the rocks- and then the rocks aren't going to be where you want to keep going. Note, Tractor beams mean you need to invert this.

Plan out your first 3-5 turns of movement without rocks aside from one in the corner at 2x2, and then place rocks next to where you went during that opening- It ensures that they won't be relevant in-game.
>>
>>60800080
fen rau stops all tokens.

Fenn Rau is the Big Gay- a centerpiece of most rebel defense stacking lists.
>>
>>60798705
So let's say I'm really unfamiliar with X-Wing meta but wanted to play Scum because I am a minor mandaboo. Is 2.0 going to be friendly to my wanting to make fluffy lists?
>>
What's the rule for doing a k-turn, sloop, or talon roll over an obstacle? I know I roll for damage and skip the action step, but do I still turn my ship around or am I left facing the way I started?
>>
>>60799201
nice blog post
>>
>>60800392
yeah, Fang Fighters and Firesprays look good. There was someone asking about making a Mostly Fang Mando list and how much it would cost in the last threads- are you him?

Do you just want those 2 ships, or just anything made by MandalMotors?
>>
>>60800468
You still turn around. The only thing that stops you from turning around is if you hit another ship at the end.
>>
>>60800588
Thanks anon
>>
>>60800574
That wasn't me, but it's nice to see I'm not alone.

I'm definitely thinking of adding anything made by MandalMotors but I understand that not everything's been converted yet.
>>
What's the best list to fly with a tie reaper?
>>
>>60800652
well, there is always the conversion kits- Those+someone's collection secondhand is a good way to go.

but what is exactly a mandalmotors ship?

Fang Fighter, Firespray, Kimogila, Kromk(not out yet but, but rumored) Lancer, Syck, and Starviper?

So you need

- Non-ship parts from a 2.0 coreset (Damage Deck, Templates, Rocks)
- either to buy your ships on release for 2.0, or get them now and get a conversion kit on release.

if you are starting from scratch and only want mando shit, you probably want the second option. Honestly, 2x Fang + Firespray looks good.

I know my collection is 90% empire, and i'm getting 2x 2.0 Fangs (I had a Firespray as it was usable by Imps too in 1.0) solely because they spin, look cool, and fly sorta like super-aggressive imperial ships.

Is that something like you figure you will end up flying?
>>
>>60800686
The best reaper loadouts are

- Efficiency jouster
- Palp Carrier
- SuperVermeil.

All three of these run Lightweight Frame, and Advanced Ailerons.

The first runs ISB Slicers and Intel agent- it is typically the PS 1 generic

The Palp Carrier runs Palp. If it is Vermeil, it runs VI.

SuperVermeil has VI, ISB Slicer, and Krennic.

The second and third ones have the most success. Krennic pairs well with a ship like Soontir- has Autothrusters, can generate multiple tokens per turn, high-PS, low-ish health.

I'm running Soontir SuperVermeil, OL
A friend of mine is running Inquis, SuperVermeil, PalpCarrier.
>>
>>60800907
Those are basically it, yeah. A fluffy Mandalorian list would probably oust the Lancer and StarViper, but otherwise it's a good summary of what I have in mind.

x2 Fang and Firespray sounds like a good idea to start; I am patient enough (and so far as I know not a lot of people play, so there's that) to wait for new Mandalorian-particular Scum releases.

I hope the new Firespray is as aggressive as the new Fangs. I am personally very aggro no matter what game I play.
>>
>>60800972
Not all firesprays are aggressive, but holy shit is Boba an angry dude.

His ability is he gets a reroll on any attack or defence dice he wants, one for every enemy ship at range 1 of him. Combine that with the fact that he as Boost on his action bar by default in 2.0, he can jam his face into blocks of people and fuck them up.
>>
>>60801067
That's exactly my style; in FPSs' I'm the kind of guy who grabs the shotgun and speed boosts.
>>
>>60799818
But the good in them is my dick
>>
Do Star Wars ships have prefixes like USS, HMS, etc? I know some Clone Wars content had Republic ships prefixed with RAS (Republic Army Ship?) but I'm curious about other governments/branches.
>>
>>60801385
I don't know if they do as per Legends or Canon, but when I run games I use them. Imperials use INS, the Alliance uses ANS (New Republic changes it to NRS), and I use the RAS that you mentioned for the Clone Wars-era Old Republic. For the record it bugs the fuck out of me that the navy is forced to refer to their ships as "Army," ships, but it's whatever I guess.
>>
>>60801420
>For the record it bugs the fuck out of me that the navy is forced to refer to their ships as "Army," ships, but it's whatever I guess.
Because those ships are technically part of the CoC of the "Grand Army Of The Republic", which was the clones and all attached equipment, ships included, folded directly into a single entity.
>>
>>60801494
I understand why it's done, but I grew up in a Navy family; so it hurts the pride just a teeny bit.
>>
>>60801527
That's fair, but think of it being more like the old Army Air Force than the army owning boats
>>
>>60801555
That seems like a happy accident considering how much George loved the Art-Deco-esque pseudo-WW2 style that everything in the Prequel Trilogy had.
>>
>>60801420
I've always done ISS for the Empire, RSS for the Rebels and New Republic, (clan initial here)SS for the Hutt clans, and HSS for the Hapes Gonsordium.
>>
How do you secure a partnership/friendship with an NPC with 1 Presence and minimal funds? Already some established connection, but want it to be solid for impending disasters that we see coming.
>>
>>60801632
If I were the GM I'd have you do a favor or two for them. "Quests," so to speak.
>>
>>60801642
Hopefully there's enough time for that. "Impending" is very, very soon- sub-24 hours.
>>
>>60801727
If that's the case then it'd have to be something desperate and rather stupid.

>i just paid all of your student loans, now hide me from these fucking stormtroopers!
>>
>>60800951
I’ve been thinking about SuperVermeil, PalpCarrier, and vader/soontir. Do you think either of those would work well?
>>
>>60798705
whats the best turbolaser to use for ground support that you can strap on to a Y-wing?
my players need something that can dakka dakka any imperial stronghold to pieces

i plan on handing an A-10 inspired CAS ship to support my party so that they have personal stake when the local alliance admiral says he is replacing said Y-wing with modified U-wing gunships for cost purposes
and to eventually have T-70s replace all frontline spacecraft
>>
>>60801876
Fantastic.

Well, start praying for a Gank to suddenly become persuasively social.
>>
>>60801893
if you want to brrt as a y-wing, strap on a repeating ion blaster instead
>>
How are PC droids in Star Wars d6?
>>
>>60801933
That's what death threats are for.
>>
>>60801984
Ah, but this is (Jewel of Yavin) Aris Shen. I figured out Old Man Shen is gearing up for a double cross based on how my GM is playing him. I want her on our side to try and defuse that. Death threats don't make friends.
>>
>>60801893
What system are you playing? Or are you asking from a generic in-universe standpoint?

If the latter I think you should not bother with a turbolaser and just strap a few extra laser cannons or repeating heavy blasters on and lock the turret in a forward-facing position for a bit of extra boom.

>>60801971
They should be fine, but there's some unique shit to consider. The first is that (if I remember right, it's been a while) you can kind of temporarily learn skills by injecting chips that have the skill pre-programmed. On top of that there's the typical shit of not needing to eat or sleep and needing the Repair skill to heal instead of the Medicine skill.

Be careful of asshole GMs, though. The game I played in he really heavily penalized our droid player by having us need to go to Imperial Remnant worlds where the officials actually paid attention to the fact that we had a class 4 droid without a restraining bolt on. "But anon," you might say, "that seems perfectly fair." Not when it follows us to a bunch of worlds where there's no fucking reason the people there would pay attention to it, and especially more so when they're effectively immune to bribery no matter how much I offer or how high my social skills are.
>>
Thoughts on pic related? I kinda like how it looks, shame the low-quality Marvel art takes it down a few notches.
>>
>>60802045
we currently play AoR
but anything that looks cool and blows stuff up best for its weight
preferably with many barrels

locking the turet forwars like gold squadron is a good idea, maybe it can have a rotary blaster there too
so it has two rotary guns to play with in addition to bombs
>>
>>60802045
I am the (prospective) GM, and have never used the system before, so I wanted to make sure they weren't utterly garbage.

I trust my players not to make me wish I'd never been born, so I don't think they'll have to worry about being griefed for being/having droids.
>>
File: why so bald I am.png (53 KB, 250x249)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>60802012
>Death threats don't make friends.

What about sexy death threats?
>>
>>60802191
Makes sexy enemies.
>>
>>60802148
Looks like it can make atmospheric entry. If I had to venture a guess, it was originally designed as a freighter and was later converted into a warship. Imagine one of those things descending into a planet's atmosphere and making a gun run.
>>
>>60802191
>tfw no ongoing comic about Ventress and a Gamorrean playing vidya and getting up to weird shit
>>
>>60800951
Would Pure Sabacc make a good Optimized Prototype? I'm the one who made a Vermeil/PS/QD list last thread (or the thread before; can't remember)

Actually I'm starting to think Optimized Prototype was made for him (and Soontir). The extra shield means PS has an extra hit point to soak up the damage to keep his ability triggered. Since PS's only mod is gonna be a Focus (at best), spending a blank to remove a shield seems pretty efficient
>>
am I the only one who would've liked to see Ahsoka and Asajj team up as a bounty hunting duo post-Clone Wars?
>>
>>60801385
The closest I've seen is them using initials of the type of craft

For example, the Chimaera can be rendered "ISD Chimaera"; "SSD Executor", etc.

Smaller craft can be rendered by their type ("Corvette Astin", a CR-90)
>>
>>60802327
I think I'd have preferred that to where she was in Rebels, personally. Or at least have her doing that with Ventress before she joined Ezra & co.
>>
>>
>>60802362
While I don't object to Ahsoka's role in Rebels, I do want to point out a missed opportunity in that despite "not being a Jedi", she's pretty much every bit heroic as one and still more or less follows their values. Being a bounty hunter, at least for a time, would be a good way to show her breaking from the Order's traditions without being too OOC (she can justify it by fighting crime/"bad guys"; few who end up on a bounty board don't deserve it in some fashion)
>>
>>60802518
More like "/swg/ discussions"
>>
File: 1482255248767.jpg (624 KB, 1920x1294)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
How do you guys fly interceptors in X-Wing? I'm pretty novice and I don't get too much done with them.
>>
>>60802566
The landscape is PTL and Autothrusters.

Learn to Arc dodge. Otherwise token stack and stay at Range 3. If possible, close in for shots if out of arc to get that 4 dice attack.

Best ace is Soontir for obvious reasons. Carnor Jax is the second, who loves being at Range 1. I haven't personally found a niche for the others, but a pair of Royal Guards with PTL and Autothrusters might do the trick. I've also run Tetran Cowell in a list with Soontir and Countess Ryad, for pure irony's sake
>>
>>60798705
does dark slutticus ever bone anyone or is she just a cocktease virgin?
>>
>>60802566
Not getting shot > shooting ships
>>
>>60802920
She wasn't a virgin after she started training Cade. Though she became cock hungry

So in Talon's case, she was, but most sith gals are probably take it whenever they can get there hands on it
>>
>>60798866
Anyone have the full image?
>>
>>60802920
She almost definitely boinked Cade (for some reason) on at least one occasion. Can't remember anyone else.
>>
>>60803522
not almost, did. The writer and artist confirmed it way back on their message board when the issue came out.

As for the reason, because she was going over the lesson of passion with Cade. First by explaining the One Siths culture, then showing him a large mural art created by a Sith Lord and finally attempting to seduce him to the darkside with her twi'lek wiles

She also used a force illusion to get information out of that one douche imperial knight by posing as Marasiah by kissing him
>>
>>60801889
sure, just not sure it fits? Vader is not a great OP recipient if your meta has Jam in it.

But SuperVermeil is 36, and PalpCaddy is 32. That leaves just 32 for another ace- Which would have to be Quiz.

>>60802301
Pure is pretty synergistic with OP, the problem is that Pure doesn't have what it takes to cut it in this meta by his own virtues. He hates turrets, can't carry Autothrusters, and can't mitigate damage. He hits hard, but so does a Gunboat.
>>
>>60802566
in 1.0 or 2.0?
>>
I know it isn’t the best ship, but I’d like to try flying the tie phantom until 2.0 begins. Any advice for a decent list?
>>
>>60803878
Something with Krennic. Run with a Reaper or just stick Krennic on the Phantom. He has FCS essentially built in so that saves up the System upgrade slot for something like ASensors
>>
>>60803878
Here's one.

With all the turrets and High PS floating around, whisper is not particularly viable. Sensor Jammer+4 Jam tokens a turn can help alleviate that.
>>
>>60804037
>>60803878
Me am retard- Here's the list. https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!79:27,44,262:-1:9:;295:40,266:63:31:;295:40,266:63:31:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=
>>60803987
Asensors kinda doubles down on your PS of 9 being high enough- that's why I like Sensor Jammer.
>>
>>60804068
>2 Reapers
>Krennic is on another ship

That seems...wrong

I like it
>>
>>60804068
What if I only have one reaper? Would OL be a sufficient substitute for one?
>>
>>60803674
It's been some years since I read Legacy, so thanks for clearing that up.

Although the "for some reason" bit had more to do with Cade being awful than Talon's actual motivations, although I had forgotten that too.
>>
>>60804191
Not him but probs, perhaps preferable.
>>
>>60803727
lol nobody plays 2.0
>>
>>60804216
Well Cade was trying to find a way to save the jedi healer he sold off as a bounty.
Talon was under orders to turn him to the darkside by whatever means and Talon was fanatically devoted to Krayt.

In later conflicts between the two, Talon would constantly attempt to tug and pull on those strings to try and get Cade to fall to the darkside.

I do wish that they had more time to explore the whole 'bond' between them (Cade accidentally created one with her when he was ordered to heal her with his force technique)
>>
>>60804511
Personally, I just wish Cade wasn't in Legacy at all. Him and his two friends were the worst part of that series.
>>
>>60802829
What's PTL? I figured saying out of firing arcs was good, but how should I best do that if there is a ship with 360% arcs? I'm guessing just keeping distance is good but if they fire anything that can negate my defense enough, three hull will go by pretty quick.
>>60803727
>>
>>60804550
I didn't think he was all that bad, but i didn't care for delilah blue or the other guy. Blue was litter just eye candy and the other guy was there just to round out the crew
>>
>>60800574
Can you spam waves of syck's?
>>
>>60801420
That ras was for the acclamators, such as the Republic Assault Ship Prosecutor
>>
>>60804650
Cade wasn't necessarily terrible, although the writer gave him some pretty irritating traits, like every speech bubble having at least one usage of Huttese slang or treating the dark side as some kind of Super Saiyan power up (there were parts where he'd get orange eyes, get into a fight, and then the orange eyes would be gone afterwards with no ill effects at all).

It's more that, compared to the rest of the expanded cast, like the Imperial Knights, Fel dynasty, remaining Jedi, GA Remnant, the Gage family, the Moff Council, and the One Sith (except Krayt), Cade and gang end up being the least interesting out of all of them.
>>
>>60804628
Push the Limit

Take another action in exchange for a stress
>>
>>60804758
Yea i can definitely see the point. I'll give them credit though cause they brought back K'Kruhk (who's easily one of my favorite clone wars era jedi)

And i will agree, many of the side characters deserved the spotlight more. Gar Stazi's side story was epic (GA Duros Admiral)
>>
File: Side_Trip.jpg (49 KB, 763x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
>>
>>60804884
Nani the fuck am I looking at.
>>
>>60804776
Ah, just didn't know the acronym I put that card on them.
>>
>>60802981
>So in Talon's case, she was, but most sith gals are probably take it whenever they can get there hands on it

You know for some reason I like the idea that female sith almost never have any kind of relationship, physical or otherwise, and the ones that dress like that are all talk and posturing.

Think about it. Maul was so sexless he didn't care when his dick was gone. Dooku was a nobleman with no heir. Sheev's only child is in a novel literally everyone ignores and his "concubines", if it's ever brought up, are ugly as shit by any objective metric. Anakin had a libido obviously, but it got burned away. There's almost no reference in any media to sith actually having children. The ones that do like Vader or Traya invariably have their fucking done before they became sith and then cooled off on it afterwards. Even Seventh Sister, who is kinda sorta flirty but not really, mostly just showers uninterested men with awkward lines and if her dialogue with Ahsoka is any indicator just kinda has a weird complex about sex and motherhood in general. In the EU there are plenty of sith in darth banes line, where having a singular heir means breeding them yourself is an option, who have no canon relationships or children even when described as attractive. Vectivus is an exception you can argue and he had all of his children beforehand as well. The ONLY sith who even kind of counts is Ventress, who stopped studying under Dooku by that point anyway. Shit we argue about if she even counts anyway.

If you see some sith girl in a black bikini and overly tall boots there's a 99% chance she's never so much as held hands and if you played along she'd probably be stunned from pure confusion.
>>
how do i reach 800 points as rebels in legion?

i got the core box, leia, a fleet trooper, and possibly another AT-RT in a month
using list builder the closest i can get is 700 and thats including my second recon walker and filling in every upgrade slot

buying a second coreset seems inevitable, but i dont want to be that guy who spams rebel troopers
buying another box of fleet troopers seem like an expensive option though
>>
>>60805042
>only child
>implying he didn't leave bastards all over the place
>a novel literally everyone ignores
>his "concubines", if it's ever brought up, are ugly as shit by any objective metric
That's bullshit. You're retarded and you don't even know what you're talking about.
>If you see some sith girl in a black bikini and overly tall boots there's a 99% chance she's never so much as held hands and if you played along she'd probably be stunned from pure confusion.
All is forgiven, that's kind of hot.
>>
File: 2nd_Battle_of_Ambria.jpg (71 KB, 542x675)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>60805042
It's also worth noting that Talon is the only Sith to canonically dress that way. Closest is Githany who was kind of seductive and wore a costume that was on the tighter side, but most other female Sith that have shown up, like Darth Zannah, Yuthura Ban, Darth Maladi, and all those that appeared in SWTOR dressed about the same as the men.

Female Sith dressing sluttily is a fan art meme, really.
>>
>>60805042
Well i think it has to do with many of the Sith avoiding love, as its the one thing both sith and jedi philosophies warn about.

They are encouraged to use passion as a tool but are warned against attachment as it can be considered a weakness and thus be used against you.
Even the ones that have slaves and concubines whether to simply sate their own urges or for the purpose of having heirs, they are still only a tool. I believe Darth Malgus had this happen to him; he obtained a slave Twi'lek, Eleena Daru, but didnt just use her; he grew attached and had her as an ally as well. But once he came to view his relationship with her as a weakness he killed her to preserve his power.
>>
File: the worst.jpg (83 KB, 731x611)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>60805185
>Female Sith dressing sluttily is a fan art meme, really.

As characters most are also just male-personalities, then drawn in 80's latex fetish gear anyway as its pretty much all male authors and illustrators. Then it goes onto be sold to blokes who like looking at boobs, which is completely fine by me really, I both like boobs and also think it suits the cheesy, pulp fantasy adventures of old timey star wars. There's quite a few female personality types I think would easily slip down the darkside path of hate, fear and insecurity... and fairly much none of them are 'sexy' in the conventional sense. Plus maybe a bit "this shit's too real bro" for the average comic book reader to really want to be involved with.

Just mix in some moderately unattractiveness, poor body image, bad relationship experiences, daddy issues, some kind of of obsessive/compulsive or bipolar disorder and welcome to hell motherfucker!
Laser swords to the dick and disturbing forcebook updates ahoy!
>>
>>60805285
And the Dark Side is a hell of a drug. Banging stops being enjoyable after a while. If you're one of the old school, pre-Darth Masketta Man, landed hereditary nobility Sith, it's a chore and you're just doing it because you need heirs, and if you're a Rule of Two Sith it's just something to shake up your routine. Once it's done, you go right back to shooting up on your own negative emotions.
>>
>>60802981
>>60805042
>>60805185
I think I've mentioned here before, but ironically the Sith female characters in my games have been less slutty. They're still all passionate about muh Dark Side, but if something happens, odds are it was just a regular relationship. Well, as regular a Sith one is anyway (In one instance where it kept on going, the Sith in question stopped being so much of an ardent Sith and was more of a tame half-Dark Sider). Without enforcing or influencing anything on character personalities (thats all up to the players), I found that this is closer to Legends/NuCanon. I mean look at Zannah, Ventress, Lumiya, all those SWTOR Sith. None of them acted or dressed like they wanted dick all the time.

On the note of in the context of games, its actually the Jedi females, ESPECIALLY the Padawans that were cock hungry all the time.
>>
>>60804924
Thrawn going undercover as Jodo Kast
>>
>>60801893
>you dont need Y-wings, the X-wing can do everything it needs to do
>you army knickleheads are complaining now, but we navy men know whats right for you
>those flying bricks are a relic of the clone wars, you dont need em, just let us handle all the flying
>>
File: unknown.png (36 KB, 228x288)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>60806482
Yeah im looking at it and you're right

Take for example Ventress, what does she wear?
A dress
A dress
A leather outfit
A practical outfit
A dress

The closest one to a "sexy outfit" she wore is the leather one, but she only really wore that when she was on Dathomir

You can make the argument that the Sith actually do have standards when it comes to dress code, she never really intentionally dressed seductively, but rather did actions and said things towards Obi-Wan for that effect, of which he responded as well

Like hell, its even stated in Dark Disciple that she KNOWS people think shes attractive
>>
>>60806482

>On the note of in the context of games, its actually the Jedi females, ESPECIALLY the Padawans that were cock hungry all the time.

Oh no for sure I think like a quarter of the High Council in ROTS was getting laid regularly and every other major master or knight got laid at least once. Once you get to Padawans it's basically a coin flip.

It turns out a Sith who's allowed but has a bunch of other shit going on will get laid less than a nun in training surrounded by thousands of muscular young men who do sweaty karate and practice what's basically smooth talking all day.
>>
>>60805184
How many mistresses did the Sheev have, anyway? I know of Roganda Ismaren, Ysanne Isard, and Sly Moore... Were there any others?
>>
File: 1505076685301.gif (2.99 MB, 483x488)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>>60807791
There's also degrees of kid-friendliness to consider. Star-crossed Jedi lovers hiding a romance forbidden by the Code? Sure, parents probably won't protest too much and it's reasonably plausible. Teenagers love that Romeo and Juliet stuff. Sith having normal romances? Difficult to write plausibly, risks looking incongruous when juxtaposed with stereotypical Sith cartoon villainy. Sith being horny sex fiends? Too risque. The parents, MPAA, and/or ESRB might complain. That's too many evils layered onto a character.
>>
>>60807816
>tfw palpatine got his wrinkly sheev dick into Mara before Luke did
>>
>>60807791
And lets not forget that while following the Jedi code might get in the way of you having a healthy and functional relationship, following the Sith code definitely will.
>>
>>60807791
Plus in context of Sith training, things like teen hormones are either stamped out as a weakness (either by the master, or some allowed and encouraged Academy-bullying when it comes to Old Republic Sith) or routed into anger/hate that could help with your training. Being a Sith from your youth you'd probably be ENCOURAGED to be like that guy with the trenchcoat and the katana. You'd have an academy full of edgelords.

Also Ki-Adi Mundi had like multiple wives apparently, and the Corellian Jedi were allowed to do their own thing. They enacted isolationism during the Clone Wars much like Corellia itself did.

>>60807734
And most of the dresses she wore were far from being -that- revealing. I think the one in your sourced pic was intended for some official dinner episode that got cancelled or something?

Even other Sith females in the era Darth Talon was in were far from wearing bikinis. See Darth Maladi for example. Which leaves me to think Darth Talon's look was more of because she's a Twi'lek, rather than because she's a Sith.

>>60807892
A Sith in romance would probably gradually end up being less of an edgelord Sith, or the whole thing would end in Shakespearean tragedy.
>>
>>60807911
I rather like this look a lot more than her CG appearances. She looks fit and strong here; the shows make her look emaciated or underfed.
>>
>>60807911
Where did all of this Corellian exceptionalism come from in the EU.
>>
>>60807951
The Corellian Jedi were expanded upon before the prequels came out, so some retconning had to happen to explain why they were different from the main order
>>
File: Spoiler Image (29 KB, 1280x674)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>60807951
Yeah I wonder who could be behind it...

That said, the EU introduced a huge variety of sub-orders within the Jedi. The Corellians were far from the only ones. They were just the main ones that didn't toe the no emotions line of the High Council.
>>
>>60807951
>Where did all of this Corellian exceptionalism come from in the EU.
>Han
>Wedge
>YT series
>CR series
>Pellaeon
>Fel
>Garm
>Corran
>Booster
>Mirax
>Main cultural POV of X-wing novels
>Received much more lore from WEG and other content creators than most other planets did
>Is space America
When a planet is home to so much concentrated coolness, exceptionalism comes naturally.
>>
File: AMERICA.jpg (229 KB, 1280x800)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>60808213
Not to mention it was the leading political juggernaut behind the Second Galactic Civil War that would end up destroying the New Republic and turn it into the Allied Federation or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>60808213
Gaping Detroit/New Jersey industrial poverty
>>
File: 20180404_211055.png (270 KB, 720x1069)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>60807911
Yeah that dress was gonna be in an episode where she goes to a fancy Ball for some reason
>>
File: coronet city.jpg (552 KB, 1298x750)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>60808245
Yeah, nowhere is perfect. I don't know what nucanon has on the rest Corellia outside of Solo's slums, but Legends Corellia has a variety of environments--the aforementioned slums, glittering hive cities, quiet mountain hamlets, whiskey country, etc. It's not just a planetary mass of urban blight, the same way Coruscant isn't all shiny and wealthy ivory towers.
>>
>>60808213
Don't forget, Han mentions "the big Corellian ships" in the first movie.

Gotta wonder what those big Corellian ships were like.
>>
>>60808308
They were in a restricted zone, so it stands to reason they segregate the slums/industrial areas, considering that Han mentions his father was a factory worker before being laid off, the industrial areas were probably not so slummy before the Empire.
>>
>>60808334
In Solo, Corellia was making Star Destroyer pieces, so probably most major Imperial ship types could be manufactured there.
>>
>>60808346
I was hoping for some stuff like larger versions of hammer heads and some other elongated ships.
>>
>>60808357
Those weren't iconic enough to get the point across that Han lived in 60s Space Detroit.
>>
>>60808233
The NR collapsed and formed the GA under the Vong. The second GCW was between Corellia and the GA like five years after that.
>>
>>60808432
I never understood why Legacy wasn't given the same sort of reception as TLJ? That was also about subverting expectations with unlikable characters and plots, while demonstrating that everything done in the OT and the EU would just lead to Darth Edgy and his living armor rampaging across a divided galaxy where good was a fleeting from a eternity of suffering and violence.
>>
>>60804709
Sure. I think you get four of them in the conversion kit
>>
>>60805042
Anakin has his balls burned off. Kinda hard to get horny after that happens
>>
>>60808521
Legacy was Legends and thus was easier to ignore or retcon. It was also over 100 years after the OT. It was so disconnected from the "main" plot that it may as well have been its own separate thing entirely. Besides, nobody actually liked Cade. The Imperial Knights and Pellaeon-class SD just happened to look cool.

>good was a fleeting from a eternity of suffering and violence.
The Krayt Empire lasted 8 years. Not exactly an "eternity" in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>60808521
It was obscure compared to a new Episode movie. I'm sure it would draw a lot of hate if it was pushed as the plot of a new movie.
>>
>>60808599
>Legacy was Legends
Meant to say "non-movie."
>>
Has anyone here tried using Savage Worlds to run a Star Wars game? What'd you think - strengths, weaknesses?

Did you make your own conversion or was there a specific one your group used, and if so, which?
>>
>>60798705
I got one force sensitive as part of the squad going through the age of rebellion beginner box, whic presents the opportunity of some Dxun related shenanigans. How powerful of a dark site spot is freedon nadds tomb? Would it be plausible for Nadds spirit to haunt and tempt the force sensitive in his dreams, while on onderon?
>>
>>60808562
You don't need balls to get horny.
>>
>>60804628
PTL is Push the Limit.

Soontir Fel with Push The Limit, Autothrusters, Stealth Device, and Royal Guard TIE is basically immune toturrets unless he parks in their arc.

Also, any Interceptor can Push for a Focus and an Evade to become very difficult to kill if they can't arc dodge.
>>
>>60808776
He gets off on rage and killing things.
>>
The latest Darth Vader comic suggests that Darth Vader is subconsciously hesitant around close contact with fire.

Good or bad?
>>
>>60808847
Sounds pretty good actually, i expect he would be kinda scared of fire
>>
>>60808847
Good, it fits and gives another possibility for players to exploit if they need to escape him.
>>
>>60808847
A rouge Jedi has been spotted on the planet of Burning Sand, Vader I trust you have no problems finding him.
>>
>>60808882
...sand.....sand.....

Admiral, prepare for orbital bombardment.
>>
>>60808862
>>60808871
>>60808882
On one hand, this would give you a window of escape.
On the other hand, once he has gotten himself under his own control again he will be 200% mad.
>>
>>60808862
Especially if it's not afraid so much as hesitant, even subconsciously. I'd imagine he'd walk straight through the fireplace if he caught himself being afraid of it, but Vader being excessively precise and cautious around fire is a good fit.
>>
>>60808847
I prefer he not be, play up his inhumanity and detachment from who he was. I can imagine some Jedi finding out about his burns and attempting to use it to spoop him, only to get shanked and told that there's nothing left to burn.
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24 KB, 600x451)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
A Hutt crime lord so paranoid and misanthropic his key lieutenants and bodyguards are all droids. A collector of droids besides, who has a menagerie of em, some deadly, some whimsical.
>>
File: Chiss ship.jpg (533 KB, 1988x896)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
Is this the first picture of a Chiss capital ship we've gotten?
>>
>>60809010
No, that's just your mothers marital aid.
>>
>>60809027

>Flying Space Dildos

Huh, I should go a reread some David Weber after I'm done reading the IDW Ghostbusters stuff.
>>
>>60809010
I guess so, unless some of the chiss cruisers from the vong era and beyond were depicted in something somewhere
>>
File: Aralani.png (1.69 MB, 1280x979)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
>>60809027
>>
>>60808521
Darth Krayt was rampaging around with a fleet of surrendered GA Vessels. As soon as the One Sith structure collapsed, the GA and Fel Empire were back to number one. The main issue with Legacy was Cade's storyline was boring as fuck when you had actually good stories like Roan Fel, Gar Stazi etc. They should've just axed Cade and had it be a military/political action thriller in space.
>>
>>60809307
For whatever reason i read that to the rhymes of the ultimate showdown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA
>>
>>60808648
Savage Worlds is basically a skirmish level wargame masquerading as an RPG, and quite swingy. If you want the same feel I'd recommend looking into the old D6 system, I'd recommend looking into both 1st Edition and Revised & Expanded and picking whichever version of the rules you like.
>>
>>60809010
It looks like a generic alien ship from a Marvel comic, it doesn't really fit the established look of the universe.
>>
>>60809074
>read some David Weber
why would you do this to yourself anon?
>>
>>60809540
Well the Chiss are meant to be very strange and isolated, it'd make sense their tech looks different to what you're used to seeing in the galaxy.
>>
>>60809550

Eh, it beats rereading my Eric Flint.
>>
>>60809540
Looks better than the nu-wars stuff at least, but it has an anime-esque feel.
>>
>>60809540
It looks like the artist took the suggestion that everyday objects could be turned into Star Wars ships seriously, and the object they had at hand was a dildo.
>>
>>60809595
It is nu-wars stuff.
>>
File: 71iF9.jpg (43 KB, 640x480)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>60809552
But the issue is that it just doesn't fit, it's too smooth and organic. Also, the perspective is fucked on the thing, it's like it bends the closer you get to the front.
>>60809595
By nu-wars you mean ST? Because the new ships added in Rogue One look fucking great.
>>
>>60809010
Kinda reminds me of Guri's Stinger somehow. Guess it's the flowing lines
>>
>>60804924
>>60807515
I'd like to imagine Thrawn kept the armor and spent his vacation days moonlighting as Jodo Kast
>>
>>60809010
I really prefer the EoTH ships from Thrawn's Revenge for FoC as an example of Chiss ships.
>>
>>60809669
>Because the new ships added in Rogue One look fucking great.
There's only like three. The U-Wing, the TIE Reaper and that atmospheric TIE which I forget the name of.
>>
>>60809669
What, they are fucking refits,only the U-wing is something barely new.
>>
File: haters gonna hate.png (585 KB, 480x615)
585 KB
585 KB PNG
Legends
>After the formation of the New Order, Binks was considered an ally of the new Emperor, and an Imperial HoloVision report shortly after the end of the Clone Wars mentioned that he had personally sent Senator Binks to an undisclosed location.

NuCanon
>Because of his role in abetting the rise of the Empire, he was once again exiled by his people. After the Battle of Endor and the rise of the New Republic, he performed in the streets of Theed as a clown who was popular with children but not so much with their parents. Many Gungan and Naboo adults refused to speak to him or say his name. Binks entertained the children by performing numerous antics including wagging his tongue, juggling glombo shells, spitting fish up in the air and catching them, dancing around, and swallowing and flushing out water through his ears.

Who did Chad Chad better?
>>
>>60809912
Legends makes sense, NuWars is 'LUL JAHJAH SUX' meme

It is weird, because I generally prefer NuWars
>>
File: 1522243492839.jpg (381 KB, 1500x1031)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>60809794
>>60809804
How are you forgetting the flagship of admiral Chaddus?
>>
>>60809912
Nu is too on the nose. Senator "Give Sheev Unlimited Power" Binks is way better.
>>
>>60808521
Honestly, a lot of people cut off at the Vong and simply never read the damn thing, so nobody thought or posted about it much
>>
>>60809977
It's Wendig, even Hidago said Palpatine built statues on Naboo as a thanks to Binks.
>>
>>60810109
And meaningless roles on committees.
>>
>>60809912
Sheevy P and the prequels in general were laden with metaphors for Bush and the Iraq war (George drawing on his Vietnam era sensibilities, which you could well argue was a mistake), so moreso the former than the latter but mostly "nobody really remembers or cares about the one random politico who enabled the administration".
>>
>>60809912
One was written by Cuck Wendig. That should answer your question.
>>
>>60810109
Chuck was like a great big mill stone around any nucanon stories, every book had to work around his blue milk writing.
>>
How does this look? Where should I put the other 3 points?

Boba Fett — Firespray-31 39
Veteran Instincts 1
Navigator 3
Bomblet Generator 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Andrasta 0
Ship Total: 50

Kylo Ren (TIE Silencer) — TIE Silencer 35
Push the Limit 3
Advanced Sensors 3
Advanced Optics 2
Autothrusters 2
First Order Vanguard 2
Ship Total: 47
>>
>>60810282
You should drop Boba and Advanced Optics and put the other 55 points into

"Quickdraw" — TIE/sf Fighter 29
Adaptability 0
Fire-Control System 2
Lightweight Frame 2
Special Ops Training 0
Ship Total: 33

"Countdown" — TIE Striker 20
Lightweight Frame 2
Adaptive Ailerons 0
Ship Total: 22
>>
>>60810077
The U-Wing is ass
>>
>>60810494
You have to go.
>>
File: EOTE Admiral Thrawn.png (146 KB, 333x333)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
Imagine Thrawn doesn't die, Palpatine doesn't have any clones, and the Empire of the Hand manages to properly establish itself as the ruling body in the galaxy.

What does it look like? Does Thrawn take to leadership, or step back to allow politicians to lead again once the war is over? Is it actually a better place than Palpatine's Empire?
>>
File: Clawcraft_Chiss.jpg (209 KB, 1024x1104)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>60810641
A Clawcraft for every citizen!
>>
>>60810600
You need to get better taste
>>
>>60810732
What's your favourite ship, anon?
>>
>>60810109
While I greatly prefer Pablo's version, he did say that it was speculation in those tweets. We are stuck with the Chuck.
>>
Will we ever get a sequel to Lost Stars?
>>
>>60811005
No, Thrane and Cienea will remain background characters, as they were before.
>>
>>60811005
I don't think the ending really allows for a sequel.
>>
>>60810641
EotH is brother's keeper to the Ascendancy... don't think it has the wherewithal to win the galaxy from anyone. That said, if it did, go Thrawn. Anal retentive blueberry dynasty in perpetual whack-a-mole with legacy Rebels-come-Resistance, rabid Imperial Warlords and muh horrors of the Unknown Regions... sign me up though, I want to fly Defenders and Clawcraft
>>
>>60811023
Ciena could still get off from the court
>>
>>60811085
Kinky
>>
>>60811096
She orgasmed from a rebel pilot's cock of freedom. Therefore, she can't be evil.
>>
>>60811168
Thrane put it away and get down from the witness box.
>>
>>60810883
Probably the Defender
>>
File: 1505356094298.jpg (102 KB, 650x650)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>60811265
>my favorite is the hanger queen that only got on and off limited production runs because it was so Goddamn expensive to make and maintain
>>
>>60811023
No shit with how NuWars is going, they'll probably be written off as both dying at Hosnian - Thane as a member of the NR Starfleet and Ciena in prison on Hosnian Prime
>>
>>60811265
Okay you can stay.
>>
>>60811319
30 years is a long time to sentence a 25 year old for something they were letting others off for.
>>
>>60811353
But plotting laziness is a big problem with nu-wars.
>>
>>60811319
Thane, if he shows up again, will probably be a resistance pilot. Ree is not so lucky though.
>>
>>60811317
t. Rogue pilot
>>
File: 1454113286128.png (481 KB, 553x827)
481 KB
481 KB PNG
I liked Cade et al's story more than the Fel shitters' and their lightsaber wielding hangers on's stories.
>>
>>60811353
What>>60811369 said but Ciena's career also doesn't help - served on the Death Star and on both of Vader's flagships

For ultimate coincidence/bonus points, have it to where the day Hosnian happened is the day she was supposed to be released and Thane was waiting for her outside of the prison
>>
IA update
>>
File: B5LIAFSCMAAxTzj.jpg (30 KB, 600x484)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>60811410
>ST era
>>
>>60811422
No shit I think the main arcs of Legacy have some Episodic-film tier writing sometimes. I could've done without the return of those Republic-era Jedi though

Krayt being A'Sharad Hett isn't bad but that connection ultimately doesn't amount to much. Krayt is fine in his own right
>>
>>60811456
Any big errata?
>>
>>60811627
Not other than the map rotation, no.
>>
>>60810282
If you must run those 2 ships, either

- Ion Cannon for Fett
- Glitterstimm for Fett
>>
>>60811456
Does anyone play IA? I have a coreset and like 4 expansions, but i've only ever played like twice.
>>
File: Pelleaon.png (94 KB, 380x316)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>60811237
Keep it down or else you'll be held for contempt of court. Here on Bastion, we have rules.
>>
>>60812245
Get fucked Captain Meme, you're a middling officer who only ended up on top of the
>Galactic
>Empire
because everyone who outranked you either got killed or was Daala.
>>
>>60811038
Someone who's good at expanding timelines should get in on this; it's a dope idea.
>>
>>60812662
On the precipice of absolute victory, when the New Republic is on the ropes and the Council is seriously considering making Thrawn Emperor, if only due to his popularity... one of Thrawn's political rivals tells the Noghri the truth.
rip Thrawn
rip Imperial unity
rip Joruus being barely subservient to the Empire and not the leader of his own faction
>>
>>60812748
>Joruus
>Leader of his own faction
The man had command of Carrack and a small garrison of troopers. Thrawn barely trusted the man from the get go. As soon as he had a sizable pool of recruits, Thrawn would have 66ed him to hell and back.
>>
>>60812835
A: Thrawn's ded now
B: Joruus has Mount Tantiss and mind control
>>
>>60809669
Can't comment on perspective, but chiss already have the smooth and organic thing going for them. Look at the clawcraft.
>>
What the best RPG to play as a force user?
>>
>>60813068
D&D.
Use the force to control the rolls.
>>
>>60813068
Firestorm Armada.
Just use your force powers to roll 6s constantly and you iwll blow up all of your enemies with a dingy little corvette thanks to the exploding dice mechanic.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 400x400)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>60813257
>>60813282
That's not what I meant! My group wants me to run a Star Wars game where they are force users. What's the best Star Wars RPG for this? I don't like the look of the d20 one I skimmed. Seems like too much HP bloat.
>>
>>60813375
What does your group have in mind for "force users" power levels?

Around EHB Luke tier, prequels Anakin tier, or video game nonsense tier?

If it's the first, then the FFG line (Force and Destiny specifically) is good.
>>
File: swx74_preview1.png (273 KB, 590x250)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
Hey buddy

5 Partisan Renegades
>>
>>60813443
>EHB Luke
meant to be ESB, obviously, not sure where my brain short circuited
>>
>>60738391

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm retarded or what, but looking at the OP resources and following the obvious trail, I get the 'core rulebook 2e revised,' which seems unbookmarked. Am I just looking in the wrong archive or at the wrong names?
>>
>>60813443
>What does your group have in mind for "force users" power levels?
In the end I'm making it my decision, I think they'd prefer higher power levels but fuck them I'm the one running it.
>>
>>60813375
WEG D6 is good, though I'd use the 1e rules for Force Users and don't add the 'Lightsaber Combat' power unless you want your players to be bullshit of the highest degree. Just don't let your players get too many Dice in their Force skills and it'll be fine.
>>
>>60813443
Oh and thanks
>>
>>60813584
Ok cool I'll check that one out too. Thank you as well.
>>
>>60812878
Break out the BX commandos and the nerve gas
>>
File: Stellar Syndicate.jpg (146 KB, 580x399)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>60798705
I have a colossal hardon for smooth chromed ships.
Besides the Nubian ambassadorial ships we saw in movies 1-3, what other similar ships were there?
Also, please tell me if there are any combat capable such things.
>>
>>60813488
40 health on 2 agi!
15 attack dice!
20 small ships worth of board occupancy!

And bad dials for flying in formation.

It's a funny list, but it's less good than 5x.
>>
>>60813722
The emperor had a personal fuckmobile that was similar and armed (the imperialis) but that's about it. The flash Gordon look is Naboo's thing.
>>
>>60813988
Well shit.
I was hoping to see more chromed beauties like this.
>>
>>60808346
I would imagine larger star destroyers and cruisers were made there in canon as well. but as another anon said they wanted to be iconic with star destroyers.

However, you get the point this is a major industrial world
>>
File: Dodonnas_Pride_SWA.png (971 KB, 1024x768)
971 KB
971 KB PNG
>>60808416
They could've used CR90s, which are actual CEC products and just as iconic to boot.
>>
I got a session that will involve mass combat coming up and need some ideas. The player's are in an MC ship racing to get a new hyperdrive installed as the empire is pincering in. I know I want the middle stage to involve a breakout to reach an escape vector, an early stage to shoot down boarding craft as they approach (and possibly repelling boarders) but I think I want to prepare a few more possible events. The players have their shuttle and the only b-wing in active service, the mc ship has ~36 fighters ready to go, the empire brought an ISD, and some support ship (probably a raider or Arquitens) for company. The fight is in deep space inside a nebula.

Oh and there is a civilian freighter that got accidentally roped in too, full of angry old clones.

>>60814182
Yes but this is meant to be the time where it's as good as it gets for the Empire. The peak of their unmatched authority. They need triangles.
>>
>>60810641
Thrawn probably maintains dictatorial control over the Empire, but compromises with planetary and regional governments if they withdraw support from the Rebellion. If he really feels there's a bigger threat than the rebels or angry Imperial subordinates he might reform the Senate. Since Grand Admiral Blueberry isn't a space wizard or part of an ancient cult of space wizards he has no inquisitors, and since Joruus C'boath is crazy and unreliable, so the Empire potentially loses all new force users to Lukes Jedi Order. Thrawn's galaxy is probably way more suited to fight a conventional war against the Vong, but defeat of Onimi and Shimra probably still comes down to the Jedi. If Thrawn and the Jedi beat the Vong then he probably becomes far more willing to relax military control of the galaxy since the big threat he feared in Legends is finally beaten. Some time after the Vong War he dies of old age, beloved by Imperials as the true Father of The Empire and Protector of the Galaxy, while Sheev is merely remembered as the politician who laid the foundations for Thrawn's regime. Some moff or admiral takes over afterwards, but they get the position through politics and lack the genius that Thrawn had to preserve the Empire. Parts of the Empire break away to the New Republic/ independent states, but it's far stronger than Pellaeon's Empire. Jedi are no longer hunted on Thrawns orders after the Vong war in thanks for their assistance in defeating the invaders, but they're not terribly well tolerated on Imperial worlds.

Throughout his reign he dodges assassination attempts, coups by aggressive and power hungry subordinates who want to go back to the freedom of being warlords, and little wars that lead up to and follow the Vong.
>>
>>60813635
>BX commandos
The ones that haven't been produced in twenty years and the only ones that weren't scrapped are now in private hands, many of which are now affiliated with the New Republic?
>>
>>60813526
REUP is its own thing, like a fan made 3rd edition. Freely available.
>>
>>60810641
depends on your point of divergence
Thrawn isn't assasinated above bilbringi? Something eelse?

Anyway, the Empire of the Hand would never become the ruling body of the galaxy, once Thrawn takes over the known galaxy and reforms the empire, he would either continue the unknown regions project in secret or simply annex it to his own Empire and offer the Chiss allied state status
>>
>>60814461
>they need triangles
>>
>>60815088
Ah. Seems pretty professionally put-together looking at the pdf (though yuge), anything particular I should know about it vis a vis older official editions, as a virgin to the system?
>>
>>60813980
>bad dials for flying in formation

This isn't about formation flying. This is about xtreme bumping and a barrage of shots

Watch as you make your enemies quite literally immobile as you block off literally all their escape routes
>>
>>60811422
Ania Solo gets little credit, good comic except for the godawful rushed ending because of the Disney Purge
>>
Why do X-Wing 1.0 tournaments seem to consist of, like, 7 different ships in total?

It's hard to imagine that there wouldn't be good players running contrarian lists just to do it and doing alright. Is it not actually as netlisty as it seems to me (a non-player)?
>>
>>60809794
Don't forget that Armored Moncal Cruiser the rebels got.
>>
>>60816312
and lost.
>>
>>60811317
>>60811414
t. assblasted Rouge pilot who didn't fly the defenders with Wedge at Ciutric
>>
>>60814466
That's rather optimistic. If thrawn managed to dismantle the New Republic, all the hardline rebels would just go back to business as usual insurgency. There is way too much personal badblood between Thrawn and the Skywalkers for them to ever see eye to eye, and he's still the empire regardless. Thrawn would probably try to kill luke and the jedi anyways because of how potentially big of a threat he is. So no matter what you're not seeing jedi under Thrawn. If anything Thrawn sets back the imperial doomsday clock another couple hours till he eventually dies and shit falls apart again, you know because bulging intellect is no match for jedi plotarmour. Otherwise the war rages on strong as ever for another decade or so till the Vong invade and a potential truce is made.
>>
>>60816281
All the good players that tried to be contrarian stopped giving a shit about 1.0 when 2.0 was announced. the Contrarian period was like 6 months ago.

The people playing 1.0 competitively now are mostly glue eaters that are convinced that they are good at the game, desperatly clinging to the broken mechanics that they used as a crutch.

2.0 is going to be meta-chaos anyways.
>>
>>60813722
Didn't pre old republic ships in the old legends do that look also? I remember them with really smooth shiny hulls to reflect lasers or something.
>>
>>60815576
Naah, just that it’s the result of fans of 1st and 2nd and 2nd Revised clarifying things and tidying up (probably using what WEG used in their generic D6 system, published after Star Wars. If you don’t have a preference and don’t already own books, it’s a good free version of the D6 system with Star Wars attached.
>>
>>60816627
I dont think so.
But if i am wrong, prove mewrong, pics would be much appreciated or a direction towards said pictures.
>>
>>60816627
>>60816713
If I remember right it wasn't chromed-up hulls, it was incredibly thick armor because pre-Republic ships with shields were incredibly rare.
>>
File: Xolochi.jpg (1.18 MB, 1880x1488)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>60816659
>>60816731
Found one. Its not the same but they used mirrors. From Xim's empire in the Tionese Cluster.
>>
>>60816789
I appreciate your efforts and thank you for this image, but this isn't what i am looking for.
>>
>>60816627
>>60816713
>>60816731
>>60816789
What's more, here's some shieldless but heavily-armored troop carriers from the Great Hyperspace War.
>>
Has someone compiled a list of all the pilots coming in the conversion kits? I just want to compare who's still around and what abilities changed.
>>
>>60801893
If you're talking about FFG's game, can't be done. The smallest turbolaser can only be mounted on something as small as a CR90. A Y-Wing could have a heavy blaster cannon, medium laser canon, or light ion cannon.

But the BEST option is a beam cannon from a TX-130 Saber tank. Better damage, better range, 3-round DOT, penetrates armor, better crits, it's really the best vehicle weapon you can get, barring massive capital ship weapons. Slap those shits on a starfighter squad and they could burn down an ISD.
>>
>>60816281
>>60816616
That's why you should fly 5X or 5 Partisan Renegades
>>
File: 2006919.jpg (479 KB, 1200x812)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>60817014
>cannon from a TX-130 Saber tank
>Slap those shits on a starfighter
Serendipitous.
>>
>>60817001
There's a google doc of all of the known 2.0 content, but it's long. There are also screenshots of the unboxing videos if you want those.
>>
>Some guy argues that "Count Dooku isnt a Sith Lord Because he doesnt have Sith Eyes"
>Post this Picture here
>"It isnt the Correct Colour so it doesnt count"
>Post Wiki and Databank links where the first sentence says that Dooku was a Sith Lord
>He STILL Denies it

Hes been going at it for about 2 hours now, so hes not a baiter
>>
>>60817413
Yeah saw the pictures from the in boxing, that's my back up plan for compiling my own list if someone hadn't made one already. Where's the link to the doc file? Is it in the OP and I'm blind?
>>
>>60817419
You talking about that one shitshow a week ago?
What happened to you? Did you fall into a timewarp and get transported in here?
In that case, welcome to the world of tomorrow! We have such wonders here in the future such as shitty business practises, mobile support and ship fetishists seeking their shipfus.
>>
File: 1530207647003.jpg (516 KB, 750x921)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>60816440
The other option for Thrawn is to go full on Jedi hunter, and have all officers under his command imprison or execute any force-users they come across to deny Luke recruits. That might keep the New Jedi Order small and on the run, just a component of the Rebels/Republic instead of one of its key players.
>>
>>60817586
No, this is on a different social media platform

You may also be thinking of the "is Ventress a Sith?" Argument
>>
>>60817419
Not him but wasn't Count Dooku a fallen Jedi instead of a Sith Lord? By the rule of two he shouldn't be a Sith Lord either. But I don't know much about the EU and I didn't watch those child cartoons on the clone wars.
>>
>>60817653

The NJO was already mostly just a bunch of dudes doing their own thing while like 8 people kept in regular contact with Luke and company. Thrawn ain't getting Kyle Katarn and Corran Horn barely gave a fuck about the NJO for half his career in it. We already know he's got nothing on Mara Jade and he has no way of finding Streen or Gantoris or anyone else in the seminal class except for a couple of filler dudes like MAYBE Dorsk. On top of that you have all the guys who were fighting on their own, with or without Luke's approval, and only joined later anyway.

Thrawn will be wasting millions of resources to kill maybe 20 people.
>>
>>60817793

Maul was ded. Dooku replaced him as the second Sith Lord.
>>
>>60817817
But sididous was the apprentice then when he started training Dooku iirc. Also I thought he only taught him the bare bones stuff as it was clear that he was too weak to be his true apprentice?
>>
>>60817817
Also Maul was a tool instead of a true apprentice wasn't he? It's why he taught him little other than combat.
>>
>>60817889
In Legends, maybe, but in canon he's absolutely not just a tool.
>>
>>60817866
Sidious was the apprentice, but until he BECAME the master Dooku wasn't a Sith. There can be only two, and the Sith master chooses who his apprentice is. THAT person is the second Sith, no matter who else is trained in what. Maul stopped being a Sith the very second Sidious replaced him, whether he was alive or not, whether he considered himself a Sith or not. It's not his opinion on the matter that's relevant.

>>60817793
What do you think Sith started out as? They grew from dark Jedi who were kicked out of the order and fled to Korriban and started interbreeding with the locals, the Sith species.
>>
>>60817980
I don't know, I've only started reading Star Wars books after the shitshow that was Solo. I tend to read legends as generally the stories are more interesting then the more current stuff.
>>
Is it better to fuck a female Jedi or Sith?
>>
>>60818084
A Sith might be freakier in bed, but a Jedi is less likely to kill you after.
>>
>>60818084
jedi
>>
>>60818051
Just so you know both posts are me and I honestly know little about the wider stars wars lore stuff.

>There can be only two
>Maul stopped being a Sith the very second Sidious replaced him
But Sidious was still the apprentice during the first half of the "first" film. Meaning there were three sith if Maul counts.
>What do you think Sith started out as?
I do know but a dark Jedi isn't a Sith. A Sith follows the Sith code a dark Jedi doesn't have to, so just because someone is one doesn't mean they are the other in my eyes.
>>
>>60818084
A Jedi would have more experience but you could teach a tsundere Sith girl all about sex. Up to your preference.
>>
>>60813488
Seeing that ship for the first time gave me a fantastic boner. I love air to space long range shuttle ships like that.
>>
>>60818208
>Dark Jedi
Were not Sith until the created the Sith code, before then they were just darksider Jedi.

>Maul
I'm not talking about the timeline, I'm talking about what makes someone Sith in the Rule of Two. And that, is the opinion of the Sith master. As there is no canon date for Plagueis' death anymore, it's not clear if Maul was ever officially a Sith or not. All that's known is he died sometime before Episode 3.
>>
Sienar, make this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hav-A05CCw

But a TIE fighter.
>>
>>60818208
>But Sidious was still the apprentice during the first half of the "first" film. Meaning there were three sith if Maul counts.

Technically, that's no longer canon - we haven't had a story to replace it, but they've stated that Plagueis was dead well before the events of TPM.
>>
>>60818420
I thought the dark Jedi adopted the code from the Sith race guys?
>And that, is the opinion of the Sith master. As there is no canon date for Plagueis' death anymore,
Is his book not canon? That's a real shame, it's one of the best ones they've made for Star Wars in my opinion. But Disney chucking out the good stuff to make room for the new crap seems like their norm.
>>
>>60818420
His name is Darth Maul (a title only given to sith lords) and he was intended to be Sheevs #2 during the war

"Yes Brother, there is a Conflict, The Clone Wars"-Savage
"And so it started without me...."-Maul

Plagueis' Death date is unknown, but you can Assume it was before TPM

Also Maul Died in 3BBY to Obi-Wan
>>
>>60814461
PLEASE ASSIST
>>
File: 1374796030634.jpg (58 KB, 600x595)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>60818641
I do not like this art

Its offputting
>>
>>60818552
>His name is Darth Maul
Yes, and whether or not that name violates the rule of two depends entirely on when Sidious became the Sith master.
>>
>>60817653
Yup, and you know exactly how that will play out.
>>
>>60818552
Plagueis, in the novel, died concurrently with TPM apparently

After Sidious kills Plagueis is when he receives the news of Maul's "demise"
>>
>>60818522
It was released in 2012. Disney wiped the old books from being canon in April 2014. None of the novels from before summer 2014 are canon at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 957x621)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>60818831
Fuck
>>
File: Captain-phasma-armor.jpg (106 KB, 667x1000)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Have any of you read the Phasma book? I've been thinking about giving it a try since the movies are failing to give her any justice.
>>
>>60798866

At the base level perception is, counter intitivley, your most important stat. You'll be running round to round initiative based on this stat and you can pump an enemy full of plasma before they can even get their gun drawn. After that Dextrity is also very important because it details how good you are at both hitting and avoiding getting hit. Remember that on the ground you have to ACTIVELY dodge any shots coming your way so keep in mind your action economy. Knowledge, Technical, and Mechanical are three separate stats you're probably best off leaving at 2 and specializing in later.

Enemies aren't built with a CL in mind and will have skill levels to reflect their training rather than what a character should be able to beat, and are also deployed along their own rules. So your character should expect to run afoul of entire squads of stormtroopers who can actually shoot well and have armor that functions properly.

As such your blaster and dodge skill are paramount and I would highly recommend you pump them all the way up to 7D each. Sneak will get you out of fights before they start and as a spy you'll also want that in the same range. Whatever you have leftover can go into things like slicing or knowledge stuff.

At creation you should absolutely remember the force and specialist skills. The latter are important because they'll let you speciaize in things you need(Blaster pistols, specific fighter models, specific system types) and up your survivability by a lot. The Force is important because there is NO penalty for starting out as force sensitive and it'll net you one extra force point. You don't necessarily need to commit to being a jedi or even learning to use the force, just be kind of heroic to avoid the dark side and rack up your force points that have no upper limit, unlike someone who didn't take force sensitive.
>>
>>60818779
See >>60818831
>>
>>60819337
>Have any of you read the Phasma book?
I don't touch the sequels, nothing good has come out of them so far.
>>
>>60817331
>>60817014
that gives me an idea

a fixed forward laser weapon that runs down the entire length
closer to the PBY-24 privateer, bigger and badder than the mitchell pictured there
>>
>>60819337
It's alright, the only thing it really does for her as a character is that she is an out right psychopath who is 100% purley self interested. Oh and her home world is decaying.
>>
>>60819337
Apparently she's literally a criminal thug they put in a uniform.
>>
>>60819346

I'm gonna throw down some unorthodox opinions on D6 as general advice.

Perception is your most important skill due to initiative. Always max it out unless you want to get gangraped by bucketheads. It also handles social skills and spy stuff.

Strength is your most important after that. You resist all damage with strength, and you add melee damage with strength. A maxed out Wookiee Jedi can shrug off a turbolaser then cleave a destroyer in two. The skills built around it are pretty straightforward.

Dex handles your accuracy and dodging. You have to active dodge in d6 so your action economy is important. Since Mechanical exists it's skills are pretty straightforward as well. It's less important than strength since a GM can pretty easily overwhelm you with even a one on one fight.

Mechanical, Technical, and Knowledge have a lot of overlap so unless you're a specialist like a pilot of slicer, you don't need the core stats up too much for any of them.

If you want to actually play a jedi it's in your best interest to slut around and visit a bunch of temples and sects. Studying under the Tiya for like a week will grant you extra powers for free. Your GM is actively encouraged to give you bonuses for just kind of wandering around like this. The jedi code is for virgins and sluts who think anal doesn't count.
>>
>>60819530
I thought she was less a criminal thug and more some kind of warrior from a feral planet? The kind 40kids would have as a spess mehreen recruiting ground?
>>
>>60819346
>The Force is important because there is NO penalty for starting out as force sensitive

Small quibble, if you're playing RAW, Force Sensitives who do evil shit can much more easily be given a non-standard game over.
>>
>>60818420
>Rule of Two
Darth Bane is the worst thing that ever happened to the Sith, he didn't even blow up a sun.
>>
>>60808213
Perfect for my 'Tears and Devastation' plot hook when all their manufacturing get's off-system'ed to Nemoidia for those low, low prices.
>evil hand wringing intensifies
>>
>>60810196
>tfw Jar Jar Bolton is going to lead us to the Iran Wars
>>
>>60819853
Which is wonderful.
The ability to keep murderhobo players in line by literally taking away their character sheets is precious and should be implemented in every game
>>
>>60819653

If you want to actually play the jedi game though, don't be an Anakin. The numbers PC's and allied characters get as benchmarks are hilariously lowballed compared to what enemies get and what actually works. Lightsaber Combat is a net negative unless you have 2D in control AND sense, at which point you've broken even. By the time it's a solid bonus and you're ACTUALLY READY TO FIGHT WITH IT you're essentially a jedi knight able to teach and take on another kid who'll be just as bad in a fight as you used to be. Stick to moving rocks and sensing targets.

If you still want to ACTUALLY fight with a lightsaber a flat bonus to your lightsaber skill is your best bet. You need 5-6D at minimum to even think about fighting. Enhance Attribute will be your alternative to Lightsaber Combat because the penalties are smaller. You'll still probably die because the "3D is good enough" line you got fed in the first half of the core book is a lie meant to kill you. Most enemies will be in the 6+ range and anyone besides the most generic of mooks will have 7-8d.

Lightsaber combat is a game of who tags who first because it's the only weapon with no upper limit to strength bonus and a base damage equal to a blaster rifle. Since NPC force users will invariably have 5+ force points they WILL be doing like 16d in damage per hit and that's double a humans max strength with a force point active. If you don't die, you'll invariably fall prone with a wound at best, at worst be rendered comatose for days or weeks. Don't fuck around.
>>
>>60819853

The thing is that a player can stand to have ONE point since there's no way to roll lower than one, and if they feel edgy can gamble on an occasional two. It'll even give you a combat bonus.

But yes, you don't want to be doing evil shit as a force user, generally speaking.
>>
>>60819932
Is this in Empire times, New Republic times, NuEmpire times, or NuNew Republic times?
>>
>>60817521
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WBD6vYa6cXMFsQNdbfSK1kjQdscdsQ_aLfMTbGqRsfY/edit
>>
>>60819979
I'd probably do it in the late empire/post Endor period where a whole lot of their demand for manufacturing drops off due to one of their biggest customers getting blown the fuck up. Lot of those dudes would be like 'where the money go?' and need to keep their share prices up, which means making things cheaper somehow.
>>
>>60819973

Actually thinking about it, repping exactly ONE dark side point may be an ideal way for a low skill duelist to beat a mid tier one. With LS combat you get one die to control, one die to sense, and one die to your base attack roll for lightsabers. Meaning anything above 1d in control and sense is now a net positive and you aren't actively invoking the dark side.

Of course if a GM thinks this is abuse he could saddle you with two dark side points immediately and it's a coin flip as to if you keep your character or not.
>>
>>60820028
So, Empire and New Republic?
>>
>>60820041
>>60819947
Please stop reminding me of that broken ass shit
>>
>>60820075
Yep, that difficult middle finger to the setting could make for an interesting period for a campaign as you've got a whole lot of player characters that come from the economic prosperity of having 'regular' jobs in CEC, SFS, Blastech and big companies meet in a down on their luck bar... how to make a living in the end of a civil war, when your customers are gone.
Ideally it'd be a little bit shadowrun, little bit rogue trader in terms of themes
>>
>>60820143
For the record either that Successor's Period or early post-Clone Wars Empire is always the best two eras to run games in unless you have a really particular period-piece in mind.
>>
Thoughts on pic related?
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5o6Rw
>>
>>60820167
I've done latter end of the Republic-into Clone wars and that was a lot of fun, regular Empire period and always looking for a new setting/period piece I can get something at least interesting times for players to run around in.
Countries and civilisation so to speak is always pretty interesting around that vacuum period where a big player gets removed from power and everything becomes madness for a decade or two.
>>
>>60820028
wouldn't the immediate post-endor/early warlord mad scramble be amazing for demand and sales though?
>>
>>60820207
I don't think it has an actual official name. I often just call it the Successor Period because of how much it reminds me of the Alexandrian Diadochi.
>>
>>60820143
You'd think demand for civilian shipping would be a lot higher in the aftermath of a galaxy spanning war right after the galaxy still hadn't fully rebuilt (thank you Palps, for bleeding the Expansion Region and outwards dry so you could lavish money on the Core and Colonies) from the last one and the last one was well within living memory.
>>
>>60820236
Nah, mainline currencies become kind of worthless so the only thing of value is 'hard assets' you can trade for whatever you need. When we kicked the shit out of Iraq it was kind of weird seeing all these dudes on the road in some kind of truck they'd found, loaded it up with a palaces worth of shiny shit and decided to do the fuckoffski to Syria, Jordan or wherever.
(provided they where not on the wanted list or have some kind of scary ordinance, we didn't give a fuck either!)

Mostly it turns into a resource grab and various levels of human degeneracy

>>60820252
I can't remember if its got any kind of official name either, Post Endor gets bandied around a bit, but that's more the post looting and shooting period
>>
>>60820350
yeah, and you can trade fightan ships for lots of whatever hard asset
>>
>>60819943
I dunno. I don't think it should apply to normals at all, but I can see why they implemented it to punish 'heh, nuthin personnel, im a GREY jedi...' shitters.
>>
>>60820350
Whatever the case, shit gets way less interesting after Palpatine dies and every Jedi who ever lived throws him into the deepest depths of Force Hell to make sure he stays dead. Pellaeon might as well have sued for peace the moment he was left in control of the Outer Rim portions of the New Territories.
>>
>>60820424
>I don't think it should apply to normals at all
it doesn't?
>>
>>60820276
Oh that whole area from the Expansion-Outer Rim is just fucked anyway, it was literally shit during the Empire and after Endor it would probably have gotten a little quieter in some regions as the Empire wasn't hunting Reb's. But your chance of coming across some Moff in a star destroyer with its holds full of a civilisations worth of loot are definitely better than average!
Course the real laugh is the Hutt's having to deal with their subject races having a collecting 'fuck you boss man!' moment and that's got to be brutal on a whole other level

>>60820385
Come on, they're PC's... they're 9x out of 10 probably going to see something shiny and basically murder their way into ownership :)
>>
>>60820484
>Come on, they're PC's... they're 9x out of 10 probably going to see something shiny and basically murder their way into ownership :)
I forgot that you're dealing with australians
>>
>>60820484
/Civilian/ shipping, not military.
>>
>>60820102

Having 1d in all force specialties, which gets you basically nothing but the ability to advance, costs about 30cp. It'll cost you about 66cp to be considered a basically proficient jedi knight with no glaring weakness. This is to say nothing about the skills needed to construct or modify lightsabers or anything like lore or history or anything else a jedi will need.

For the cost of that a pilot can be unhittable and never miss and a soldier type can become an invincible god.
>>
>>60819409
Thanks for the blog post anon.
>>
>>60820437
The reason I think it'd be interesting is that transition from Empire - New Rep isn't the hugs and roses that the Rebels had in mind, there's a few decades worth of fumble fucking around in the dark with large areas essentially no law, no governance and living some kind of hand to mouth, tribal existence. So there's a period where you go from turbo-dicks of the Empire into the can't deliver New Republic and I think that's interesting enough for a setting.
Lot of factions in that era all wanting to get some kind of legitimacy and a whole lot of others ruling by might alone.

>>60820497
Ah that doesn't bother me, they're not heavily armed Australians so that makes it easier :)

>>60820504
Civilian shipping would be extremely dangerous, there's a lot of main-hyperspace routes that would make running the Gulf during the Iran-Iraq war look positively pleasant.
How to make a living with your boat intact and if you even get paid at the end is quite a feat
>>
>>60820612

In fact, I would go so far as to say if you wanted to be a no bullshit prequel level jedi you need to drop down a solid 100 character points at minimum. If you player is willing to drop that shit then let them do their thing man.
>>
>>60820622
I know, I was talking about the post-Dark/Crimson Empire period of the GCW.
>>
>>60820622

In that era having a full crew and a well armed ship is paramount.

I'd say your typical convoy is like 3 light freighters with two 360 degree swivel guns and a forward gun each, minimum. Odds are they'd have a clamp with a least a couple of fighters on them or a larger escort ship as well.

Decomissioned corvettes and lighter ships are probably immediately snapped up by big shipping corporations either to ship cargo on their own or escort transports. These corporations will do very well for themselves since they can afford to actually lock down and secure large amounts of cargo.
>>
>>60820698
And you're gonna need to be shipping lots of cargo, because so much has either been blown to shit or been looted by the Empire and/or Admiral/Moff/Grand Moff Bignuts.
>>
>>60819995
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>60820735
which is why you call Captain holdmybeer and offer him and his entire ISD crew positions in your company's security department and start running giant well-armed convoys up and down the trade routes
>>
>>60820698
Having up gunned freighters is a thing all through history and filling them with a bunch of pipe swinging bad boys so you get 'paid' at the port of call probably goes back into antiquity.

Was thinking of a lotto, pick a history out of a hat and make a character.
>Ex Sienar
>former CEC
>Ex freedom fighter
>former Empire officer
>Ex Hutt enforcer
etc
Then somehow coming up with a hook so they're all in the same cantina with a ship :)
>>
How is the padawan survivor when compared to the force sensitive exile? It feels a LOT stronger with no real disadvantage or anything.

Is the tree supposed to be more for force and destiny?

what about the force fag from age of rebellion? Doesn’t seem to do much of anything distinct.
>>
>>60820775
>you will never be the captain of a Gladiator/Vindicator/Victory/Imperial post-Endor whose ship is unsupported, sporadically resupplied, and being bombarded with mutually exclusive orders from Fleet/Sector/Oversector/High Command
>you will never be so worn down by the endless bullshit that fragging the ISB officers onboard and surrendering to the Rebels becomes the most reasonable course of action
>you will never accidentally avert a mutiny by doing so yourself
>you will never have your and your crew's actions reviewed by the Rebels and be found to have conducted yourself justly and honorably under the circumstances, and be let go
>you will never wheedle your way into being allowed to keep your ship on the condition that you don't take up arms against them
>you and your crew will never find a fulfilling career protecting civilian freighters from the pirates who used to be your fellow officers
>>
>>60820276
Civillain shipping attracted a lot of attention following the Vong War. Karrade or one of his lieutenants mentioned that the war caused a sharp decline in narcotics shipping as addicts quit, markets were wiped out, or suppliers destroyed. The Smuggler's Alliance had scores of their operatives go legitimate. The Thrawn campaign had similar effect as the NR recruited smugglers to fill out their logistics chains.
>>
File: 1472703212731.png (420 KB, 640x480)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>60820936
This is actually the plotline behind the mercenary captain of my party's current campaign. Home base being a Gladiator (SLRS To Whom It May Concern) and everything.
>>
>>60820735

For sure most cargo is going to be done in the kind of bulk cruisers that can swallow a star cruiser with room to spare. Action Transports are going to be so common they'll be the most common thing you can see in any given port. Larger ships will be nearly as common, docking in capital cities full of rations, chemical components, necessary machinery, droids, ect. Smaller light freighters like YT's are going to be docking at smaller outposts with regularity. If you have an engine and a hyperdrive someone will hire you within the hour. YT's will also be good for smugglers moving goods under the table, but speed beats precision or armament in that profession.

This is basically where I'm putting the Jedi in my next campaign. Being a Jedi Knight swinging your sword is all well and good. But there's so much relief work and rebuilding to be done the service corps is going to swell exponentially compared to actual knights(especially with a dearth of masters to focus on them), and even one agri corps member will have to deal with a whole fleet of ships trying to feed an entire planet. Because when the whole galaxy is in ruins even a dozen such men aren't enough and even trying to contract out that shit to the Ithorian Druids and Jal Shey won't cover the difference.
>>
>>60820936
>that fragging the ISB officers onboard and surrendering to the Rebels becomes the most reasonable course of action
You know, thinking about it, the ISB, COMPNOR and ImpInt must have suffered ridiculous losses in the first few years after endor, like 95+%
>>
>>60820943

During wartime you'll be smuggling rations and basic goods more than anything sexy like space cocaine or cigarras or booze. People need to eat more than their bare bones ration chits will allow and they need supplies and fuel they can't gain legitimately.

A hold full of powdered soup mix and coffene will sell for more and faster than a hold full of glitterstim during a really bad war. If you can get a hold of cloth, or rubber, or steel, it'll sell almost as fast. Fuel will probably sell faster than the food.
>>
>>60820958
If I may indulge a bit, I'm actually really happy with a lot of the ship names in this campaign. I'd like to share some with you:

Ships of the Freehold of Kharribea
>Venator FKS Tall Drink of Water
>Gladiator FKS Shadow Boxing
>x2 Acclamator FKS Some Assembly Required and FKS Duly Noted
>x2 Neb-B FKS Excited Participant and FKS Hustle & Flow
>x2 CR90 FKS Tougher Than I Look and FKS Fast Lancer
>Crusader FKS We've Been Expecting You
>x4 DP20 FKS Livid Star, FKS Decent Punch, FKS Dragon-Slayer, and FKS In Shadow of Giants
>Imp-Raider FKS Undefeated II
>x2 Hammerhead FKS Two For Flinching and FKS Sweet Science

Freighters in service with Second to Last Restort
>Suwantek TL-1800 SLRS Aloha Oe
>CEC YT-1210 SLRS Greener Grass
>Ghtroc 720 SLRS Smooth Traveler
>>
>>60821061
Totally agree with you. The GCW appeared to have regional supply issues, but the Vong War devastated a lot of already war torn regions and magnified the issue. The collapse of Hutt Space drove down the spice trade.
>>
>>60821011
During the Imperial Civil War, COMPNOR and the ISB went at each other's throats. Imperial Intelligence on the other hand, was firmly in Isard's control. Her death appeared to cause the more moderate elements to align themselves more closely to the military.
>>
>>60821210
>COMPNOR and the ISB
The ISB was part of COMPNOR. The fighting was between the ISB and II
>firmly in Isard's control
The "Prophets of the Dark Side" running the Church were actually II agents impersonating the real Prophets. II had the internal civil war, not COMPNOR.
>>
>>60820350
>>60820252
I've seen the term Imperial Civil War thrown around for that time period as a separate campaigns in the GCW. Some say it starts with Zaarin's Coup, while the majority of others say Endor kicked off the era. More or less ends with Daala's Reunification Campaign.
>>
>>60821275
My mistake, I always get the Imperial intelligence agencies mixed up. I thought ISB was a separate org all together.
>>
>>60814058
The Baudo-class and Surronian Conqueror are both ships with smooth lines and curves, they're not explicitly chrome but could easily be colored that way
>>
>>60821387
Can't blame you. The Empire is an organizational clusterfuck.
>>
>>60821855
No, it was an efficient but necessarily harsh protector of galactic stability and prosperity! Anything that says it was anything else is bad canon and doesn't count!
>>
I don't know if this was posted in this general yet.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-the-roleplaying-game-30th-anniversary-edition/
>>
Terminate this thread, immediately

>>60821942

>>60821942

>>60821942
>>
>>60821061
Fuel will go first usually, every side will ration it first and then outright steal it once it goes completely to hell
An on the ball group could look to turn up with some proverbial jerry cans in various ports, enough to get a stranded freighter off the planet and then run off giggling to wherever. Other stuff like booze, smokes and street drugs still crops up in war zones that have past the point 'gone to hell' as the use of luxury items as a portable trade good (to get food) and someone about to get a gangrenous limb sawn off might opt for the "Dr Nick Luxury Package" of a shot of space heroin before the deed.

>>60821352
Probably going to opt for 'End of the Empire' as a campaign moniker. With the motto, "things can always get worse"

>>60821387
The funny thing is that's by design, Palps had a whole lot of duplication of responsibility and nebulous grey areas in his organisations. That way they're too busy punching each other in the head to bother about knowing too much or knowing enough to gain much power.
>>
>>60821983
Star wars ships just use straight hydrogen for fuel though
Or did at least
>>
>>60822097
No, that's never really been the case. They've always used some exotic material.
>>
>>60818688
you should be off pudding

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.