[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: PSX_20180712_073549.jpg (212 KB, 550x760)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
How would you run a CK2 tabletop kind-of-game? Which kinds of characters would you make?
>>
File: Eternal swede.jpg (697 KB, 1920x1080)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
>>60805650
I don't have anything to say on topic, but I'll always bump a CK2 thread.
>>
>>60805650
Birthright
>>
>>60805650
I wouldn't. Multi-dynastic games end up in a tangle only a computer is really equipped to handle.
>>
>>60805650
I feel like something like CK2 would work better as a board game, maybe each turn counts as a generation, characters can draw cards that can give them children, lovers, or retainers. Then they can arrange marriages between their children, exchange cards to make their characters friends, and then move onto a combat phase. Something like X number cards are drawn and laid out representing titles and lands on the map and players can invest troops from their levies or spend money to hire mercenaries. Combat is something like
>Player A presents his forces (hidden) and can request aid from anyone he is allied to
>Allies can refuse or present their own forces (hidden)
>Player B presents his forces (hidden) and can request aid from anyone he is allied to
>Allies can refuse or present their own forces (hidden)
>Everyone presents their forces
>Winner takes the territory, all expended troops are lose for the rest of the turn.
>>
>>60805650
I'd wait for the release of official CK board game, should be out by 2019.
>>
>>60805650
From my notes on designing such:

* No extremely long-lived or short-lived races. 40 to 100 years of expected age of death for everyone past puberty is ideal.
* "You finished your adventure/levelled up. 3d6 seasons pass without much of anything interesting happening ..."
* Solid genetic inheritance stuff is required, but doesn't have to be more than a bunch of weighted random tables.
* Use webtrees to keep track of everyone of note as well as events.
* No rushing. Plot lines are allowed to take decades to finish.
* Blow up everyone who thinks inventing gunpowder means they're free to build tanks next.
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (69 KB, 540x539)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
CK2 is not meant to be a tabletop game. CK2 is meant to be a tabletop campaign. The meme has been said once, and I will say it before; pick a portion of the map to observe for 150 years, and once those years are up conjure up a fantastical version of the region's geopolitical situation, taking political actors and conspirators and turning them into NPCs accordingly.
>>
>>60805789
>I feel like something like CK2 would work better as a board game
You're in luck: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/crusader-kings-the-board-game-lead-your-dynasty-to
>>
>>60805650
With Pendragon. And as with any game I start with a trope dude and build from here (out of favor Noble than has fallen to some plot, soldier than has been in war for 20 years and return home etc).
>>
>>60806518
Speaking off, I think a game set in the setting of After the End mod could be pretty cool.
>>
Could do a story about the search for immortality. Even have some fun at the end with the reincarnation that can happen or the actual immortality.
>>
>>60808048
Following one campaign that got an immortal Pope.
Said campaign also had Mongol Templars.
>>
>>60806539

Which Pendragon? The COIN game? Sorry for being a noob.
>>
>>60808104
Were the Mongols Catholic?
>>
>>60805650
Pendragon or Birthright.
>>
>>60808892
There probably were a few, but majority of christian Mongols were under Church of The East.
>>
>>60809029
that sounds fun. how big was Christianity at the end of it?
>>
>>60805650
play Burning Wheel
>>
>>60805650
>>60809261
or King Arthur Pendragon. Pendragon could handle the generation feudal lord gameplay better. BW probably does the politicking better however. depends on which you want to focus on

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.