[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: DEADGUYALE.png.png (437 KB, 1300x1004)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
Didn't see one in the catalog so what are you guys:
>playing
>hating
>brewing/tweaking
>>
>>61310829
I'm playing red prison, I like maindeck Abrade against 50000 people playing Stoneforge.
Don't really hate anything, but would be nice to see less show and tell.
I'm trying to make contamination control to work with bloodghasts but I haven't found a consistent way to ditch them fast enough so I'm looking into splashing red for looting etc, also gives some nice sideboard cards.
>>
>>61310829
>playing
Wu Parfait and TES
>hating
Kinda tired of all playing against all the D&T post ban. The matchup is easy mode for my main decks, it's just a snooze fest because they basically don't interact with my decks...Jam lock pieces and kill them with Parfait or discard spell and kill them with TES. I guess people in my area are getting tired of it as well, people are finally playing more that 1-2 SB cards for it so it will hopefully be on the downswing soon.
>brewing/tweaking
Been messing around with Bizarro Stormy, it's a decently fun storm/reanimator mashup that's not quite as all in as Tinfins.
>>
>>61310829
>playing/brewing
I'm trying to rehabilitate Doomsday. It's been rough going but I think I finally have a build I like.
>hating
Getting sideswiped by fuckin bans all the time.
>>
When will pox be good again?
>>
I'm rotating between UB reanimator, UWR stoneblade, but the deck i've been playing the most lately is vial goblins, feels so nice to not have that fucking broken drs in the format. Goblins might be on track for a huge comeback.
>>
Ded format ded thread
>>
>>61310829
How safe is Miracles if I want to buy into the format?
>>
>>61319030
Perfectly safe. There is no way anything else from that deck gets banned for a long time
>>
>playing
Manaless Dredge
>hating
Lands
>brewing/tweaking
Ruby Storm

Coming back into Legacy, but don't really know what I wanna play. I looked into Ruby Storm, but I'm unsure if I wanna invest into it just yet.
I was also looking into All Spells too, but unsure.
>>61313146
That you DDFT? How's it going for you since Probe?
>>
bump
>>
>>61310829
>playing
been out of magic for a bit was considering coming back soon... and both my decks got something banned
>hating
wizards
>brewing/tweaking
post-ban(s) nic fit & manaless dredge eventually
>>
bump
>>
>>61322218
Yeah senpai it's me. It's been real hard since the ban, barely managed to stay above 50% winrate. but I think I might be on to something. I've got a few post-ban videos on my YouTube channel. The Draw4 Doomsday list is the one I'm most interested in. There arent many other players left though. The smart ones dropped the deck.
>>
>>61327559
Interesting.
Glad to see that you aren't dead from the ban. I'll check the videos; hope your deck improves, man.
>>
>>61327628
Thanks, although it may still be a bit hasty to say the deck isn't dead lol.
>>
>>61330640
Been there famalam, I felt that way about Imperial Painter after the SDT ban. The deck got so much worse after losing top, but I just keep jamming it and brewing hoping (probably in vain) to make it good enough to seriously play again.
>>
>>61332106
Someone top8'd a legacy challenge with shortcake not that long ago
>>
>playing
Same old song and dance, mostly. Got the cards for a couple of decks I've never actually tried out; might join the dark side and play some BReanimator.

>hating
Wizzerds. Their "justification" for banning Probe would've been less insulting if they'd each personally dick-slapped me and pissed on all my Modern cards.

I always liked DRS; even though I wasn't playing it, the ban might've kiboshed my Nic Fit plans.

>brewing/tweaking
5c shitpile Commander, AnT, manaless Dredge, and—of course—Poops, All Spells.

>>61322218
>>61327559

Methinks you guys should both try out All Spells. The best worst deck in Maygic.

Howzit up your way, DDFT? It's been a while. Still watching your vids; keep 'em coming!

Played AnT at the local yesterday (almost played All Spells). Never have I been Thoughtseized so many times. Good thing for Past in Flames. But the Drills prevailed until the last round, when the clock screwed us both.

I'm very grudgingly inclined to think the format looks marginally better after the (totally unjustifiable, utterly horsefuck) bans, but really, they've got to stop acting like they know what they're doing. Babbying players turns them into babbies (cf. Modern), and everyone knows banning Counterbalance in the first place would have solved all our problems.
>>
>>61314016

When Nether Void and Tabernac don't cost more than a literal human child.
>>
>>61335475
I just cant justify playing All Spells. Dying to Force of Will and gravehate is too much for me. When I need a break from struggling with Doomsday I have been playing a bit of a deck we're calling BRazilian Inquisition. It's like an SI/TES hybrid that cuts the bad Culling the Weak stuff.
>>
>>61333149
It's kinda playable and has a decent number of dedicated pilots if that's what you mean, most builds have filled the SDT slot with Faithless Looting or Smugglers Copter; they works OK, but the deck is definitely worse across the board after losing top and can't grind out wins like it used to. I do admit that the banning of DRS is interesting, it makes Welder a playable card again, which gives the deck another angle of attack.
>>
>>61314016
pox will very probably never be good again, ever. the kind of card that pox needs to be printed wizards no longer is willing to print, and the cards pox is built around keep getting power crept. it's hard to deny resources when it's so easy to flood the board with creatures these days.
>>
>>61335475
I was honestly contemplating on playing All Spells, considering how it's, for the most part, light on my wallet. But I wasn't so sure if I wanted to pursue something like that.

I've actually had to disassemble my Manaless Dredge though. Not cause of the recent price hike of Bridge, but because I haven't had any successful locals.
>>
bumping
>>
bump
>>
>>61340912
I'm not so sure that's the issue. Black has plenty of eminently playable boardwipes and even static effects like night of souls betrayal to keep boards clear. I think the real problem is that as decks get leaner it becomes harder and harder to keep people from deploying powerful threats. Plus the deck has a difficult time dealing with planeswalkers. What it needs is a maindeckable card that can kill PWs. Some kind of modal spell that board wipes or kills a planeswalker or something like that.
>>
Bump-O
>>
>>61349537
I agree with this sentiment. Pox relies on answering every threat your opponent deploys or disrupting them enough to achieve a lock. The deck is no longer versatile enough to consistently answer the increasingly aggressive nature of the format. I actually like phyrexian totem as a way to kill walkers tho.

t. pox player
>>
>>61310829

>playing

Refusing to let go of grixis delver post nerf

>hating

BR reanimator. I fucking hate coinflip lucksack matchups

>brewing/tweaking

Just the sideboard of grixis delver. Tested rise//fall (much better in theory than in practice), now fucking with x amounts of stifle/bitterblossm/spell snare. Basically running grixis like rug but bigger.
>>
bump
>>
bumpo
>>
don't die
>>
Bump
>>
Thanks to the DRS ban less decks are running abrupt decay which means i can bring out the old rip helm combo again. Feels good man.
>>
>Playing
Canadian Thresh

>Hating
Used to be DRS, nothing new to hate yet since the ban

>Brewing
A bunch of Enchantress variants (except UG, too poor for Candles): GW/b Prison, GW Helm, Living Wish w/ Depths, OpalWave. Also recently picked up LEDs, so trying out all the bad LED decks (loving Oops and Ruby Storm)
>>
Thread dead as fuck like this format
>>
>>61367781
Hey man, maybe some modern players will pick up a copy for FoW and play Death's Shadow now that modern is all KCI.
>>
>>61368527
I wouldn't mind more players even if it meant more DS
>>
4chans probably just not a good place for a legacy thread. If you consider the age and demographic of the userbase (underaged and/or poor) and the demographic of the typical legacy player (either an oldfag with cards prespike or a STEM type that can afford to buy into it), you wont get much of an overlap.
>>
Didn't Legacy and Modern have some sort of combination thread to add in some traffic? Whatever happened to that?
>>
>>61375041

Modern players got butthurt and apparently we figured we'd be better on our own
>>
File: War Never Changes.gif (3.79 MB, 300x271)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB GIF
>>61376671
>Modern players got butthurt
War. War never changes.
>>
convince me that this card isn't shit in mono-W DnT
I see lots of lists running it and I really don't think it's that good
>>
File: cn2-18-palace-jailer.jpg (237 KB, 672x936)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>61377283
forgot my image like an idiot
>>
>>61377291
A 1-of that can be recruited and is card advantage on legs in a deck that often has no other draw power. Yeah definitely awful.
>>
>>61378753
>>61377291
And that's not even touching on the fact that it is removal. How retarded must you be to not see that this card is good?
>>
>>61377291

Its a good removal (never up vial to 4 though to play this guy. it isnt worth it since now ur vial is useless rest of game).

if you have a stall board state, this guy automatically breaks that parity. in fact, the dnt guy won a ton of games at the pro tour just because of that fact. remove their best guy, become monarch, then just board stall with mom and shit until u draw so many cards u crush game.
>>
Anyone here have Vintage experience? There's a 9-round alternating Modern-Legacy-15 proxy Vintage tournament here soon, already got Legacy down and there are plenty of resources for Modern, but I've got near zero Vintage knowledge. Two decks I could build with 15 proxies are Inferno Oath and Paradoxical Storm, is one a better choice in a blind 15-proxy meta? Been goldfishing Storm and liking it, I've also played a few matches with Oath on Xmage and it seems pretty resilient against a lot of decks, although Grafdigger's shits on it.

For reference, the tourney's in 6 weeks, so maybe that's only enough time to learn one of these decks?
>>
>playing

BUG Delver.

>hating

This meta chock full of cocksucker combo decks. DRS really did keep the format relatively honest/fair.

>brewing/tweaking

Still tooling around BUG delver post ban. Thinking about moving into a BUG deaths shadow list since I have all the cards already.
>>
File: ravager.jpg (59 KB, 620x458)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
what do you guys think about Steel Stompy 2.0?
strong new contender or just riding on the back of Chalice?
>>
Bump
>>
>>61379387
I'd pick oath. Better shops matchup, and I'd expect shops to be a large percentage of the field.
>>
>>61377291
it's ok but it only deals with creatures without protection so ... kind of narrow, especially for a 4 cost guy
>>
>>61379387
oath is by far more resilient to everything than storm, it plays like 50 artifact kill spells for cages and shit
>>
I keep seeing people say that the UB death's shadow deck broke legacy and is the new best deck but I have a hard time believing that. Seems like any UWx control list or anything with price of progress would run right over it.
>>
>>61384913
it's pretty bad actually, literally loses to swords
>>
Aluren
>>
>>61383570
>>61383712
On the other hand, Blue decks are generally easier than Shops for Legacy players to build with 15 proxies (unless they play MUD or something). Still probably bringing Oath, since it is resilient.
>>
>>61386661
I'm not sure that's necessarily true. Shops needs 4x Workshop and 6 pieces of power, but youd have 5 proxies left and a lot of the other cards arent overly expensive and many are staples in other formats.
>>
Rug delver is so bad against all the fair decks but shits on all the combo decks coming out. Ppl keep placing with it though since in addition to free wins vs combo sometimes u get the nut draw of delver land daze wasteland stifle
>>
What's the general opinion on Aluren?
>>
>>61378753
>>61378775
>>61379274
there is A LOT of RUG delver in my meta (consistently 2/4 rounds are RUG) so I'm imagining it feels really bad to draw/recruiter this guy when facing down goose/TNN. In my mind, the potential downsides seem to outweigh the benefits in that matchup
I can see how it's better against the entire field though, am I worrying too much about losing monarch?
>>
>>61390222

Rug delver gets longdicked by dnt anyway so it shouldnt matter. just board it out after since its at most a one of. if thry take it from you, just take it back since the cards you draw are of a bigger impact anyway since you have vial/cavern/sfm.
>>
>>61377291
>>61377283
you belong in jail for being retarded
>>
>>61379595

Same. Looks like people have either tried to make the deck faster, with Dark Thresh type lists, or more controlling with lists more like Czech Pile. I'm still tweaking it myself, was heartened to see Bob Huang do well with it still, but Angler looks odd in the deck.

I'm going to give UB Reanimator a try as well, since I'm only a handful of cards off that. Was convinced the deck played Dark Ritual for some reason but apparently not.
>>
>>61390222
Just don't drop him if you're worried about creatures getting through. He's good against anything that doesn't have unblockable creatures or combos.
>>
Is Accumulated Knowledge actually viable in Miracles?
I have Intuitions kicking around
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19797&d=327659&f=LE
>>
how do y'all get over the fear of damaging your cards? it took a while for me to start using noncounterfeits in modern and even now, i only use the cheapest prints instead of stuff like dark blood moons and ww jace.

i have 3 playsets of revised volcanics, a playset of city of traitors, and a few ungraded unlimited/beta useas and i never ever want to use these cards.
>>
>>61395324
just doublesleeve and, if paranoid, proxy all the time except at big boy tournaments
>>
File: 1519018101239.png (368 KB, 479x640)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>61395324
You could always be the guy that triple sleeves with Perfect Fits inside Dragon Shields inside the hard plastic sleeves; it's about as protected as your cards can be with the added side bonus of making your deck hilariously huge.
>>
File: 1510705504720.jpg (5.29 MB, 4730x2660)
5.29 MB
5.29 MB JPG
Post deck pics

>>61395324
Easy, ruin them yourself with acetone and erasers.

>Playing
Still Eldrazi Post

>Hating
Wastelands. Fuck Wastelands. And fuck Life From The Loan

>Brewing
My LGS has started a weekly 15 proxy Legacy thing, I've been trying to decide on a stupid combo deck to run for fun when I just want to mix it up. Kind of split between Nourishing Lich and Spanish Inquisition ATM
>>
File: 20170326_221307 - Copy.jpg (1.53 MB, 5312x2988)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>61396614
Outdated, but it was one of the most satisfying decks I have ever played in legacy. The updated version without Probe and Therapy just doesn't have the same feel.
>RIP GitProbe
>>
File: 20171204_131816.jpg (4.33 MB, 4032x3024)
4.33 MB
4.33 MB JPG
>>61396614
>white borders
My man!
>>
File: file.png (541 KB, 468x640)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
Can I gas the jews?
>>
File: 423543251.jpg (213 KB, 884x587)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
I love Legacy.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.