[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1533437421396.jpg (94 KB, 480x800)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
Paizo Games General /pgg/

What new races would you like to see in Starfinder?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ

Old Thread: >>61279469
>>
>>61324739
I'm looking forward to the uplifted animals because the closet furry in my group is almost guaranteed to make an idiot of himself.

I, personally, am happy with SROs
>>
Why did Paizo wait so long to offer a Starfinder Beginner Box? 5e pushed the Starter Set before any other product. I eagerly await getting the Beginner Box, and I think if they'd released it day 1 I might have been playing Starfinder since day 1.
>>
>>61324787
because paizo is full of idiots and they make bad design and marketing decisions every single time, how is this even a question?
>>
>>61325151

Is that why Starfinder is dead?
>>
>>61325402
if i want to play a space based rpg star wars and traveller are pretty awesome. never had a reason to crack open starfinder myself.
>>
>>61325402
it's one of the reasons
if even paizoshits can't eat it up it's because they failed to market it and meet the expectations of their existing playerbase - there's no new playerbase for it because if you haven't heard of paizo there's no reason to play it because there are far better games out there, if you do know about paizo you avoid it at all costs
>>
Is there a Skald archetype with an animal companion or familiar?
>>
How many 9th level SLAs are too many for a CR15 encounter?
>>
File: bantrid[1].jpg (39 KB, 350x443)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>61324739
Lots of really weird stuff like the Astrozoans and Bantrids, for one. It'd be a great way to stand out from the usual stuff with that kind of weirdness being the norm.

>>61325402
>>61325435
>>61326051
As someone enjoying the shit out of Starfinder, I think you all have your heads up your asses.
>>
>>61326463
Considering a lot of CR 15 encounters have lists of SLA's that would make a Sorceror blush, I'm sure the size of it isn't as important as what is on it.
>>
>>61326577
Starfinder looks like it's fun, I just wish I had people to play with.

I'm also not sure if it would be better or worse to have a player companion line for the game. More content, but more bloat. But in comparison we have a drip feed right now.
>>
>>61326577
>As someone enjoying the shit out of Starfinder, I think you all have your heads up your asses.
nobody asked you
>>
>>61326733
Nobody asked you to talk baseless shit, but here you are.
>>
>>61326860
>I disagree with it, therefore it's baseless
do you want me to actually point out why starfinder is bad, or are you just shitposting?
do let me know before I waste my time
>>
>>61326881
You said it was dead. I mean, it's obviously wrong, based on complete bullshit opinion, and a meme you keep spamming as if it means anything. Why would I give a shit about your opinion if you don't intend to have a constructive, interesting conversation in the first place?
>>
I'm just saying they should have had the Beginner Box of Starfinder available earlier to draw in new players. Like the other anon said, if you weren't already a fan of Paizo you probably weren't picking up Starfinder.
>>
I wanna get warm with that cold-blood!
>>
>>61326954
>You said it was dead
wrong
>based on complete bullshit opinion
also wrong
>and a meme you keep spamming
I don't browse paizo threads often, so I don't
>you don't intend to have a constructive, interesting conversation
also incorrect, I am willing to go over why I think starfinder is bad, or you can pretend i'm just an angry shitposter and continue bootyblasted the rest of the day
i am willing to have a constructive conversation about why a failed product failed and what caused it to be unappealing even to an existing playerbase making it a niche within a niche, but if you're gonna go LALALA and press hard against your ears i won't waste my time writing thoughtful and well put posts for you
do you want to be a manbaby, or do you want a real fucking discussion?
>>
>>61327201
>I am willing to go over why I think starfinder is bad,
I'm going to guess from your other posts it's going to be trite, overwrought, and barely based on any reality your autism hasn't invented.
>>
>>61327216
manbaby it is then
have a nice day, anon
>>
>>61327232
Aww, having a nice fit because I'm spot on?

You came here to hate on a game you've basically admitted you don't play. And got assblasted when I didn't play along.
>>
File: 1532473074226.jpg (23 KB, 440x259)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>61327266
I've played pathfinder more times than I care to admit, and i'm playing a long starfinder campaign right now. If I don't come here often is because it's full of anons so full of paizo cum that they don't care to have a meaningful discussion about how to improve a product we all consume and how to recognize their flaws, much like you're doing right now.

Pathfinder is deeply broken, but okay at best if you really put your mind to it. Starfinder is straight up fucking shit from a very basic mechanical level for reasons regarding character growth, combat dynamic due to the way health and shields work, and a lot of other things such as Analog guns being inherently fucking garbage and both the Envoy and the Solarian being garbage options.

I shall ask you again: are you gonna act like a fucking child, or are you willing to discuss starfinder thoroughly to recognize its flaws?
>>
>>61327201
Instead of being a dick you could have just explained your reasoning.
>>61327216
Same with you.

I personally like Starfinder (now with Armoury) as it fits a lot of things I enjoy about space-adventures into it. The main things it needs are more spells so that Technomancer's/Mystic's are more involved in combat(which is a big part of the reason Starfinder isn't popular probably as Pathfinder players in general like higher magic systems, and a lot of the ones who don't aren't interested in the sci-fantasy setting). The other thing it needs are rules clarifications, and new abilities or archetypes to make the Envoy more useful in general.
>>
>>61327329
And yet no matter how much you bitch and mopan, it's a blast to play. Nobody is going into it expecting a perfect masterpiece, we're going into because it's Sci-Fi Pathfinder in one of the most interesting, complete visions of what that kind of magitech setting would be like. Just because one or two options are flaky (and easily ignored) doesn't make it either "bad" or "dead."

But then, you seem to be dedicating a lot of thought and energy into nitpicking and hating it instead of just moving on to something you'd actually enjoy.
>>
>>61327201
>wrong
>also wrong
>I don't
>incorrecto
Congrats, you sound like that dumbass the Americans elected.
>>
>>61327396
>>61327329
>Anon 1 presents his argument while simultaneously shittalking Anon 2
>Anon 2's argument isn't one, he just says its fun then calls anon 1 autistic
Pathfinder, Starfinder, and 2E are all shit but we all find it fun because there's tons of options, times to roll dice, and even RP if you're the kind of person who plays games to have fun for some reason. But arguing about whether or not anything made by Paizo is good is a waste of time because the answer is always going to be no.
>>
Is there general consensus about whether Path of War is balanced or imbalanced? Regardless, do you think it would be better balanced if Initiators couldn't regain their maneuvers during combat, but regained all expended maneuvers at the end of battle?
>>
pathfinder 1e is dead

pathfinder 2e is dead

fuck paizo, fuck this SJW company

go play 13th age
>>
>>61328335
how can a game be "dead" if i have friends to play it with?
>>
>>61317228
>>61317670
I'm super late but yes, the other guy is wrong. The Golden League (pg.472 CRB) is heavily Tian Xia consisted.
>>
>>61328178
And they're still some of the most popular system,s, and basically the only one outside of Wizards and Fantasy Flight, that can afford to do mass printing.

It's just irritating to hear someone constantly call them "dead" without any basis.
>>
>>61328524
As someone who plays a lot of 'dead games', I agree. It's also self-fulfilling so it's malicious to hear it spread from people who want to see it die.
>>
Pathfinder is the fallout 3/Skyrim of ttrpg's. It's a buggy mess made by a shitty company who's only upsides are the customizability and the massive amount of content.

Doesn't mean it's the worst thing in the world, but it definitely isn't the best
>>
>>61328706
>fallout 3
How rude, Golarion is more interesting than the Capital Wasteland
>>
>>61328706
I don't think you're necessarily wrong, but a good (sensible?) group of players and intricate homebrewability is right up my alley at least.
>>
File: tenor.gif (1007 KB, 300x186)
1007 KB
1007 KB GIF
>>61328706
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>61326610
It's shit, don't bother.
>>
>>61324739
giv clever girl gf
>>
>but it's unbalanced!
get a better gm then
>but you can min/max!
get players that don't do that then
>but the setting is blah blah blah!
make up your own and use that then like did you guys forget that this is a game based on imagination and role-playing? if you want a balanced gaming experience based on "winning" (lol) go download a shitty WRPG on your pc and play that instead
>>
File: Beer_Monk_2.jpg (116 KB, 379x500)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
I am currently playing in a game where we are a set of castaways in a new world. One of our biggest jobs while there is to establish a permanent base/colony, or at least that was our biggest job until we ship wrecked. Now we're doing much the same, but under the assumption that we probably aren't going back home for a very long time.

We have found and captured 11 Ettercaps and are currently dealing with their leader, a Nightmare Ettercap engaging in a embarrassment campaign. We managed to capture their entire village without killing anyone, so now comes what to do with them. I have decided to implement the following system. For reference Ettercaps are Neutral Evil spider monsters, I am a Lawful Good monk (the profession not the class). They also are killing and eating humanoids, not preferably but they have no problem with doing it and we want them to stop. So here are the postulates/requirements/proposals:

Postulates:
>Ettercaps are rational agents who desire a lack of pain/suffering, and thus a lack of punishment
>Ettercaps are able to recognize that the colony is a far great force than them due to us ransacking their entire village with no causalities
>Ettercaps, being social creatures, can subject to societal pressures and desire not being ridiculed and hated by other Ettercaps
>Ettercaps desire agency and autonomy
>Ettercaps, being Neutral Evil rational agents will act in their own self interest

Requirements:
>Create a system where rebelling against the colony is always not in their self interest
>Create a system where, for any individual, any other individual rebelling is not in their self interest
>Create a system where, for each Ettercap, working within the system offers them an avenue for personal advancement
>Create a system where, in the future, Ettercaps will become good entities
>>
>>61329339
Proposal:
>Ettercaps will begin an education program, teaching them marketable skills and thus removing their need to have a culture of attacking random travelers (Right now the proposal is ranching)
>Ettercaps, while at the colony, will work with colonists on normal labor, thus integrating them into the societal fabric
>Ettercaps will receive a reward system based on good behavior, incentivizing them to good.
>Ettercaps will be allowed to live in their own village in shifts, at any given time 6 of them will be a part of the colony and 6 will be in their own village, exchanges will occur each week
>Mind reading magic will be used to see if any Ettercaps have committed a crime
>If a crime is committed both that Ettercap and one other Ettercap chosen by lots will be punished
>Ettercaps will be integrated as two "Interest Groups" into the voting council, meaning they get two votes out of the current five (all votes require a majority meaning they can still be outvoted as is, but are allowed open discourse)
>These interest groups are the Ettercap Leader (an interest group of 1, incentivizing him to join via giving him power and advancement), and the other Ettercaps
>Voters are chosen at random from the interest group each time the vote is called, they are chosen from those currently in the colony meaning those staying a the colony have a greater chance of receiving power/advancement (meaning they are incentived to be there)

Any thoughts on this? Any way to make it better? Am I making any dumb mistakes?
>>
>>61329352
>>61329339
This is basically me trying to deal with a evil population in a good way that is safe for our colonists and isn't just murdering them all.
>>
>>61329352
Seems neat.
>>
>>61325435

there is also Aethera campaign setting,which to me ha more substance than Starfinder.
>>
>>61327201
Paizo fans are already on suicide watch right now, don't be cruel.
>>
>>61329185
>You should change the group to fit a bad game instead of the other way around
>>
>>61326577
you're allowed to enjoy starfinder while other people enjoy other systems, my friend.
what about starfinder do you find to be the most fun? how is ship combat and space travel? i obviously play and enjoy pathfinder, so i'm somewhat familiar with base mechanics. if it sounds good enough our group may try the starter box early next year.
>>
File: bees1.jpg (154 KB, 900x530)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>61329352
>>61329352
>If a crime is committed both that Ettercap and one other Ettercap chosen by lots will be punished
Ettercaps are neutral evil base, which means ruthless self-interest. They're not going to care that their actions hurt another - which will help against the initial spread of criminal ideas but not really stop them.
You're going to need an outcome that is more fearful to them than surviving and going along with your laws. Otherwise, the majority will eventually tire of following your laws even when you give them pathways to get things. Reshaping habits of a core personality trait is very difficult.
The best way to grow new cultural norms and ensure adaptation to your system is isolation of each individual ettercap so they must interact with your culture and laws all day, without any reminder of what they used to be.
Tests on bees support this with the shifting of DNA and gene expression changing when single bees are moved to a different colony.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3863782/
>>
I don't like the divine/arcane spellcaster compiling into one class myself, in Starfinder.
>>
>>61332110
i was the one that asked >>61331907,
that is, unfortunately, a deal breaker for me.
>>
>>61331907
Ship combat is a bit clunky, but part of the fun is all the chatter as we figure out the best tactics.

I mean, what's not fun about a setting where you can be space pirates?
>>
>>61332234
What?
>>
>>61332234
Healing's not as critical a role though, either. You have two health pools, and the one that takes damage first can be fully restored with a 10 minute break and spending of a Resolve Point.
>>
Fuck Eloritu I want my man Nethys back
>>
>>61325402
Starfinder isn't dead, it hasn't even been out a year, has a lot of support material, and neat ideas.

That said, it is pretty complex for most modern rpg standards in an unnecessary way.
>>
>>61326577
I love that alien. Especially when the DM made them Jewish.
>>
>>61332396
Complexity is fine. It will not be as popular as other systems now but 5-10 years from now you will have a large population of players who want to move on beyond their first system (many at 5e right now) and pick something a little different and more complex.
>>
File: firefly.jpg (12 KB, 299x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>61332272
there are other settings (that I already understand) where you can be space pirates. the biggest appeal for me for starfinder would be that it handles A) personal combat in an enjoyable way, B) space combat/travel is not weird, C) has great lore/fluff to experience, D) has a system to handle group conflicts / party gaining influence and interacting with the universe at large.
>>61332287
mixing arcane and divine magic is a bit odd and not something i'm fond of.
>>61332321
that's interesting and good, i do like that.
>>
>>61332507
>mixing arcane and divine magic is a bit odd and not something i'm fond of.
Ah. Yeah.
>>
>>61332507
>that's interesting and good, i do like that
They also dropped rolling for health, now the level 1 value is based on the class and race entries, and you get the class values when you level up. Any increase in the con modifier also applies to previous levels as well.
>>
>>61334212
Nice.
Rolling for health was always stupid.
>>
If I slap the following spell-list onto a CR9 incorporeal undead, how much would you say it increases their CR by?

Spells Known (CL 10th Concentration +17)
5th 4/day Wracking Ray
4th 6/day Black Tentacles(+15), Dimension Door
3rd 8/day Bestow Curse(DC20), Vampiric Touch, Dispel Magic
2nd 8/day Lipstitch(DC19), False Life, Blindness/Deafness(DC19), Ironskin
1st 8/day Ill Omen, Identify, Ray of Enfeeblement(DC18), Ray of Sickening(DC18), Neraid's Grace
>>
>>61334975
As an example, my Lashunta ranged-primary Soldier at level 5, with a +2 Con and the Toughness feat has SP 55, HP 39, RP 7.

Weapons start throwing a lot of dice late-game.
>>
Reminder that everybody talking about playing Starfinder is lying because my worldview can't withstand people liking something I don't.
>>
>>61336548
lel
>>
What are some modules or parts of APs that take place innaeoods, I need to steal stuff to jigsaw together
>>
>>61338233
Basically the entirety of Ironfang Invasion.
>>
>>61335190
+4-5 CR is what I'd say. The effective stats of that creature will be well above what a cr 9 enemy should have after the buff spells, and the ability to use dimension door and black tentacles makes it so it will probably kill at least one party member. I'd count it as an epic encounter for a party with ECL 10.5ish.
>>
>>61331492
Tell me more
>>
>>61324739
Does that lizard have tits?
>>
>>61338652
Yes
>>
Whos your favorite demon lord?
>>
>>61338852
Nocticula
>>
>>61338852
(You)
>>
>>61331907
Enjoying one system is no reason to shit on another system.
>>
Anyone ever planning on leaking SF Society 18 and 19?
>>
>>61339522
Can you combo great cleave with fly by attack to hit a whole bunch of people?
>>
I'm itching to build a Battle Herald, which of these is the best way to go about it?

> Strategist Standard-Bearer 1/Exemplar 5/Battle Herald
> Strategist Standard Bearer 4/Sensei 1/Battle Herald
> Beastrider Gendarme 4/Sensei 1/Battle Herald
>>
Didn't mean to reply.
>>
Is building a Mystic Theurge a good idea in Pathfinder core?
>>
>>61339791
Yes. Flyby allows you to make a standard action at any point during your aerial movement, and Cleave is a standard action
>>
>>61339877
Absolutely not. Mystic Theurge is a trap option
>>
>>61339999
Nice quads.
>>
>>61340010
Elaborate
>>
>>61340066
A Mystic Theurge that doesn't use some SLA cheese or anything to get into the class will always be at least 1.5 spell levels behind a full caster that doesn't multiclass, meaning for example that you wouldn't get 5th level spells until a full Wizard is half way to 7th level spells
>>
>>61340066
>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/prestigeClasses/mysticTheurge.html
You also don't get an increase in Channeling, Domain abilities, Arcane school abilities, or bonus feats.

You get more spell slots, but you're probably not going to use them.
>>
I don't like the sorcerer, I don't like that they're gimped wizard with (mostly) shitty bloodline abilities.
I actually really like the idea of sorcerous bloodlines and I wish they'd be more actually useful.
They should have played up the differences between the sorcerer and the wizard more and gave them something similar to the wild surges that the 3.5 wilder had. After all sorcerers are always characterized as having phenomenal but unstable powers that they can barely control but they've never had anything that reflected this mechanically, so wild surges seem like a great way to incorporate that and give the sorcerer SOME kind of mechanical advantage over a wizard.
>>
>>61340482
What bloodlines are "good"?
>>
>>61340552
Arcane is pretty good (since it makes the sorcerer more like a wizard), and draconic and elemental can be good if you're going for damage, but a lot of them just give feats that aren't useful for sorcerers, or grant natural weapons that a low BAB class with a d6 HD will never use.
>>
>>61340584
To be fair the Undeath one basically gives you half a metamagic feat for free, which is especially nice if you're dealing with intelligent undead.
>>
>>61340584
> They should have played up the differences between the sorcerer and the wizard more
> Arcane is pretty good (since it makes the sorcerer more like a wizard)
Dude.

Jokes aside, I agree a lot of Sorcerer powers just don't seem useful, though some of the Wildblooded bloodlines have cool stuff. Personally I'm a fan of the Psychic bloodline's arcana for making your spells psychic or Sage/Empyreal for changing your cast stat.

>>61340552
Honestly it all depends on what you're building towards. Draconic for example is *great* for Dragon Disciple (granted it's also mandatory).
>>
>>61340552
Draconic.
>>
>>61340552
Impossible is fun if you're a mind-affecting magician.
>>
>>61340482
Anyone have any ideas for a sorcerer version of wild surge would work?
Spells can't be augmented like powers, so maybe something like free metamagic x times a day with a risk of enervation?
>>
>>61339801
Bump. Any other build ideas for a BH are also welcome if all I've listed is trash.
>>
>>61341000
>https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/apg/battle-herald/
Why do you want a Battle Herald PC? There might be better ways to get the desired abilities.
>>
>>61341120
I just like the idea of a Warlord-esque martial buffer, and Battle Herald scratches that itch...or at least well enough as far as 1pp goes.
>>
File: Skald.jpg (336 KB, 496x673)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>61341188
A Skald could do it without multiclassing.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/skald
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/skald/archetypes/paizo-skald-archetypes/battle-scion-skald-archetype/
>>
>>61341272
I suppose, although like I said I'm aiming for more of a martial buffer rather than a spellcaster, which is why I originally mentioned stuff like the Standard-Bearer/Strategist Cavalier and Exemplar/Sensei which both get Inspire Courage.
>>
>>61341447
How do you feel about Paladins?
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/OathDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Oath%20of%20the%20People%27s%20Council
>>
>>61341822
>replacing smite with bardic performance
Wow that seems awful.
>>
>>61324739
Slightly off topic: I'd like to use art like the OP in a campaign but it's blatantly furry/scaly. No way I'm getting that past my players.Is there any alternative?
>>
>>61341857
I mean, presumably it's far more widely applicable, buffs your entire party, and maybe last a little longer overall. So it kinda depends on the kind of campaign you're in, and whether you're willing to give up the "point at foe and then delete them" part of Paladin over... Just... Playing a different class entirely. I guess it could be useful for a Bardadin multiclass, if your GM lets your Paladin and Bard levels stack for sake of performance?
>>
>>61341000
>>61341447
You could always do Exemplar Brawler VMC Cavalier if you really want to go Battle Herald. At least I think you can, does PrC work with VMC?
>>
>>61341925
The snake people from x-com? I forget what they're called.
>>
>>61341822
I remember considering Oath of the People's Council before for something, forget why I abandoned it though. Being locked into LG can sometimes be a pain, but it's not necessarily a problem as I've played Paladins before.
>>
1d20, 2d10, or 3d6?
>>
>>61342067
2d6

d6 is the best die size.
>>
>>61342067
4d6, drop lowest
>>
>>61342067
Point buy
>>
>>61342067
For a second I thought you were asking the perfect weapon die size.
>>
>>61342067
>1d20?
Have you gone completely mad, old boy?
>2d10?
Could you even imagine?
>3d6?
Why I never!
>>
>>61342444
Racial Dick Size
>>
>>61342067
1d20 if you like critical hits/fails
2d10 if you like consistency and want crits to really be 1 in 100
3d6 if you star wars
>>
File: image.jpg (2.39 MB, 4032x3024)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
Working on a design for a technomancer, what could I do to improve the design?
>>
>>61342584
What about 4d4?
>>
>>61342681
Include the rest of the Scooby-Doo characters.
Except for Scrappy.
>>
>>61342584
How about the D6^3 system?
>>
>>61342855
I do kind of have a team of other class characters planned to go with her but damn she really does look like Velma huh?
>>
>>61342584
>3d6 if you star wars
What?
>>
>>61342681
>what could I do to improve the design?
do not make it black
>>
>>61343296
>>>/pol/
>>
>>61343296
Aye fuck off
>>
File: sp08072018[1].png (363 KB, 550x759)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>
>>61342681
Do what these guys say.
>>61342855
>>61343296
If you're gonna be a velma rip-off go whole hog.
>>
>>61342553
NO.
That was a mistake two years ago. It's a mistake now
>>
>>61344012
Can we at least roll for our fetishes?
>>
>>61344040
My DM tried rolling for dick size but it rolled low too much so they stopped it.
>>
SoM question for you all, specifically about this ability:
>Strong Lungs (run or swim)
>You are practiced at quickly collecting a deep breath, drawing in more air in less time. You gain a circumstance bonus on any save against an effect that requires inhalation or causes suffocation equal to your half your ranks in Acrobatics or Swim (whichever is higher).
>If you possess the (run) package, you treat your Constitution score as being twice what it actually is for the purposes of determining how many rounds you can run without resting. This multiplier increases by 1 (x3, x4, etc.) for every 4 ranks in either Acrobatics or Swim you possess.
>If you possess the (swim) package, you treat your Constitution score as being twice what it actually is for the purposes of determining how long you can hold your breath. This multiplier increases by 1 (x3, x4, etc.) for every 4 ranks in Acrobatics or Swim you possess.
In the first paragraph it explicitly calls out whichever is higher of acrobatics or swim ranks, but the later paragraphs don't. Does this mean that a character with 4 ranks in both swim and acrobatics would take the bonuses in the second and third paragraphs twice?
>>
If I go lunar oracle should I be more of a caster or fighter?
>>
>>61345673
Lunar allows both, do what you want to do.
You'll generally be picking the same revelation options regardless. completely ignoring dex as a stat, getting wild shape and gaining a companion are just so fucking beneficial
>>
>>61345757
If I go caster what animal companion would you recommend? I'm new at this
>>
Why does the Bestiary Box only give you one pawn for the oozes that have the ability to split in half?
>>
>>61346576
Shilling
>>
File: asriel.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
Now that all of War for the Crown is out, what do you think?
>>
>>61345804
Tiger
>>
>>61346576
If you want to add insult to injury, they only give you two dire rats, two kobolds, and two mites. On top of that, they mixed up the artwork for the young bronze and copper dragon.
>>
>>61346727
I'm curious about the 6th book, if anyone has it.
>>
>>61347165
You can give up your soul to save the shota at the end
>>
What's a good patron for a pact wizard thassilonian specialist necromancer?
>>
>>61347202
worth it desu
>>
How often do vampires need to feed?
>>
>>61342843
>>61342869
What about the 10d2 system?
>>
>>61348241
>A carnivorous or otherwise life-draining undead may safely go a number of days equal to its Hit Dice without a dose of its preferred meal before it starts to feel the effects of hunger. Each additional day after this grace period, the undead must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the undead creature’s Hit Dice, + 1 for each previous check).
If the undead creature fails its save, it enters withdrawal and begins to take penalties according to the Withdrawal Penalties table (see page 23). It must continue to save each day until it feeds again. Additional failed checks increase the penalties as shown on the table. Feats and abilities that affect mortal hunger (such as Endurance or a ring of sustenance) do not apply to vampire hunger.
>>
>>61348241
>>61348407
Has anyone ever played a vampire?
How was it?
>>
>>61348539
I'm playing a vampire in a game right now, actually. It's a lot of fun to lean on my abilities as a vampire over the stuff I can do as a Warder - sure, I could distract the guards by starting a fight or setting a fire, but why do that when I could charm the guy out front and pull him into a makeout session instead? keeps him nice and focused on one thing for a long, long time if I want him to be. The ability to turn into mist has also served me really well several times.

It does make moving around during the day pretty difficult though. The group's adjusted to be fairly nocturnal because of me.
>>
>>61347165
https://pastebin.com/wSEFaNFx
>>
>>61341925
play with other furries?

corrupt your players?
>>
>>61349729
I always brace myself whenever someone posts a pastebin out of the blue.
>>
>>61341965
they're called snaketits mcgee
>>
>>61349748
I'll be honest, I thought about it for a second. Just for old time's sake.
>>
File: dice systems.png (85 KB, 1149x438)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>61342584
>>61342843
>>61348289
Here's the normal distribution of all of those.
>>
>>61348206
Lust + Fey Pact(the one that gives you charm as a free hex) is a favourite of mine.
>>
Man pf2e playtest has turned this place into a ghost town
>>
>>61326577
Is there a Discord for Starfinder? Where do people who play it congregate?
>>
>>61351175
I'd join one. I have an interest in it and have read the core book but lack anyone in my vicinity who wants to play it.
>>
>>61338852
The dead ones
>>
Fellas, level with me
Is it gay to cast cure spells?
Shit, you basically succor to another man
>>
>>61351175
My group just went into it.

In fact, I think that was the end goal our GM had planned with his previous PF campaign before it released. We were in a custom setting we found out was a fast-time pocket universe planet that was the result of a starship getting entangled with a primordial chaotic space, and the "Gods" were the ship's crew. Who could be replaced if during the "God Wars" that happened every thousand years happened to have someone figure out that plunging their Artifact into their own chest would turn them into a new god.
>>
>>61351287
>>
So, I see that there are rules and mass combat. We are currently playing as lords and regents of different provinces and kingdoms. Are they good? What books do I need to use them?
>>
>>61351440
Ultimate Campaign and Kingmaker AP for official Paizo stuff.
You should also check out REIGN for stuff that isn't mass combat, it's great for rulers.
>>
So how does VMC work with prestige classes in terms of feats? I know VMC swaps out feats for class features at certain levels, but if you want to go into a PrC after being a "Class A VMC Class B" for however many levels, do you still miss out on those feats or are you back to normal?
>>
>>61351525

Thank you. That should prove useful. Is REIGN campaign/adventure/etc book?
>>
>>61351599
It's another system made for roleplaying as rulers/guild masters. It's really easy to staple the Company Rules it has onto Pathfinder to simulate realm politics in a rational and quick to resolve way. It lets you assign different NPC groups, rivals and enemies company stats and resolve their action(s) monthly to drive your story.
My group uses it all the time but we use normal Paizo rules for combat and armies.
Link:http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/79955/Reign-Enchiridion
>>
>>61351592
VMC goes off your character level, not class level. You can multiclass or prestige every level, your vmc wouldn't care and continue taking your feats
>>
>>61351758
Gotcha, thanks.
>>
>>61345204
Anybody?
>>
>>61351912
>Spheres
>>
>>61328335
>Pathfinder dying
As someone making a shitty D&D-esque card game, this gives me hope.
>>
>>61352268
>Sell out every new release
>Sell out every copy of new stuff they bring to GenCon
>Huge community response to new edition public playtest
>Dying

Good of you to admit though that it's shills for other games that come in here to say that.
>>
>>61328335
go back to the 13th age thread autist, nobody cares
>>
What are y'all thoughts on PF 2.0?
>>
>>61354385
If it releases in its current state, PF is going to be dead in months.

Paizo will still keep going though, because they're a publishing company and they sell things besides Pathfinder.
>>
>>61354385
>>61316791
>>
>>61354385
Not good. Base system has a few good mechanics (although some of those are in Unchained).
However, the success of PF2e will depend on the products released in the year or two after initial release. It really needs a lot of customization and content that was present in PF1e to help smooth over the problems (much like PF did for 3.5).
The best thing as a DM is that it should make adding levels and writing up stat blocks a lot easier, which isn't saying a lot.
>>
>>61354385
They gave us three times as many feats but made them all five times shittier, gutted alchemist, put built in critical failures in a motherfucking d20 system, made the critical hit system godawful, brought back CoDzilla with a vengeance. It has some good ideas, but the devil is in the details, and he's shitting all over them.
>>
>>61354694
Nope. You can have a convo here just fine, stop trying to split them.
>>
>>61354802
I'm just saying it's there already is all.
>>
File: 1533098314427.jpg (78 KB, 600x600)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>61324739
That's a cute space lizzer. Would headpat.
>>
>>61354810
I'm saying it shouldn't be there, and that whole discussion should be here.
>>
>>61354385
made crafting so expensive it's cheaper to just buy items, shields are a massive money sink instead of an actual investment, codified critical failure and success on skills, made many class features in the past feats that anyone can take, made taking penalties make sure you can't crit, 4th eds FUCKING DC BY LEVEL SYSTEM WAS PUT IN.

I burned the book I had ordered, and incinerated the harddrive the pdf was on. So that be my thoughts on PF2
>>
File: 1515757912028.gif (849 KB, 500x340)
849 KB
849 KB GIF
>>61354769
How have they reintroduced CoDzilla? Not saying you're wrong, just want to know your thoughts.
>>
>>61354835
Okay. Not sure what telling me that does, but okay.
>>
File: 1492080868395.gif (10 KB, 600x242)
10 KB
10 KB GIF
>>61355425
>>
File: Asmodeus.jpg (69 KB, 649x1023)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>61354769
That's him holding the first draft of 2E in his hand right there.
>>
The saga continues.

I am running two separate groups through Doomsday Dawn. I will be writing up playtest reports under the following format: introduction, character sheets, identified problems, playthrough notes, relevant survey answers.

Introduction: I know of three groups, apart from my own, who had suffered TPKs during Doomsday Dawn: Part #1: The Lost Star. My first group nearly TPKed to four 0th-level goblins, and then TPKed to the dungeon boss. My second group was hammered hard by a case of history repeating itself. They, too, nearly TPKed to four 0th-level goblins, and they subsequently TPKed to the dungeon boss, all while being considerably more meticulous and thoughtful about their tactics.

The dying rules had reared their ugly head again, and everyone was frustrated by them. During the second and third battles, the PCs reached 0 hit points a staggering 12 times in total, and their bear companion reached 0 hit points twice. It was a grueling ordeal. One player even rage-quit two-thirds of the way into the session. I can understand why; they had not gotten to make a single attack roll all that time, since they spent their time fumbling with the dying rules. I had to take control of their character from that point onwards. We ended this session on a poor note as well; one player had already rage-quit for good, and the others are on shaky morale. So far, my two groups have not been having fun with 2e after all.

For more on this playtesting journal, have a look here:
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2vamz?A-sober-campaign-journal-of-Doomsday-Dawn#35
>>
Here is my preliminary tier list for non-dungeon-crawl-y games where noncombat utility matters, but fighting is important too. The strongest and most flexible classes are at the top. The weaker ones are at the bottom. What do people think of this ranking?

Poorly-Worded Tier:
• Universalist wizard, ideally with Quick Preparation. "You can use Drain Arcane Focus once each day per each spell level you can cast, instead of only once per day" means that if you can cast 2nd-level spells, you can use Drain Arcane Focus twice per day, regaining a 2nd-level spell each time. At 20th level, with 10th-level spells, you can use Drain Arcane Focus ten times per day, regaining a 10th-level spell each time.

Topped-Off Hit Points Tier:
• Cleric with a positive energy pool, ideally as a pure caster cleric and not a weapon cleric, no matter how much the game tries to sell you on weapon clerics. The positive energy pool helps keep a party topped off in hit points even after grueling battles. No party can recover from combat quite as well as a party with a positive energy cleric. Every party that wants to go for more than a couple of fights each day needs a positive energy pool cleric present. Clerics are also skill monkeys with 6 base trained skills including the domain skill, a healthy degree of spellcasting, and a few gems of Spell Point domain powers (see someone else's cleric domain rating document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_aOrdFePS9F9p4uorDg4Gz0rE3mTvyjGQy5ASMQCafM/edit ) among a sea of trap options. Also, Nethys provides an abundant list of spells, and the protection domain's Divine Ward is good for preventing focused fire on the party and making the most of area heal spells.

Quick Preparation Tier:
• Non-universalist wizard with Quick Preparation. While it is not as broken as the universalist wizard benefit, bringing around a loadout of combat spells and then swapping them around for noncombat utility as the need arises is immensely narratively potent.
>>
If we're not allowed to have a separate thread from 2e, then isn't this thread going to get drowned out in 2e and won't there be confusion from people still talking about 1e?
>>
>>61355917
Not really.
>>
>>61355917
No? Other generals get along just fine.
>>
>>61355917
Nah
>>
File: 1503933684647.gif (179 KB, 375x375)
179 KB
179 KB GIF
>mods blammed the 2e threads
Who could have seen this coming?
>>
>>61355899
how is ranger with utilizing crossbows? That was a thing they recognized they flubbed on in 1e.
>>
>>61356021
I guess we'll just have 1e and 2e talk mixing in together.
>>
>>61355883

Bulk of the Spellcasters Tier:
• Bard, druid, sorcerer, non-universalist wizard without Quick Preparation. A good mix of combat spells and noncombat utility.

Skill Monkey Tier:
• Rogue. Skill increases and skill feats might not be spectacular, but at least the rogue receives an abundance of them. Multiclassing into fighter for Double Slice really helps here.

Solid Martial Tier:
• Barbarian and fighter. They can go up to bad guys and kill them with perfectly serviceable results. Alas, they will be utterly unable to do much outside of combat, between Strength and armor penalties.
• Monk. Monks suffer from mediocre AC that opens them up to critical hits, and their damage dice are not spectacular. On the other hand, they really are quite mobile, agile helps actually land a third attack, and since they need not deal with armor penalties, they can actually do things outside of combat.

Flawed Martial Tier:
• Paladin. A paladin's Retributive Strike is a little worse than Attack of Opportunity for defense and control, and paladin class features are on the shabbier side. Champion powers are not especially spectacular, even before we get into the Lay on Hands fiasco. Medium or heavy armor does not help skill prospects, either.

Hunt Target Tier:
• Ranger. Hunt Target is just awful for the first two or three rounds of combat, the rounds that actually matter. The ranger class features are generally poor, too. Just about the ranger's only saving grace is a larger packet of trained skills.

Worthless Tier:
• Alchemist. Alchemical items just are not very good when someone runs the numbers on them, and they gluttonously devour Resonance.

Does this tier list seem plausible? I really do think that clerics are terribly underrated in this playtest; they are overloaded, and every party needs one for their long-term hit points.
>>
>>61356173

Crossbow Ace at 1st level and Running Reload at 4th are supposed to support crossbows, but they are still on shaky ground due to the fact that crossbows have to reload in the first place. Conversely, to effectively use a longbow, a ranger has to multiclass into fighter via Fighter Dedication and then take Point-Blank Shot.

Double Slice seems to be the way to go, but then, I do not know the math between Double Slice vs. attacking twice with a two-handed melee weapon.

I really do not know. Building a ranger is a painful process of trying to sort out which option is the least terrible, even by the standards of other 2e classes, except for maybe the alchemist.
>>
File: Crossbow.jpg (284 KB, 848x1200)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>61356299
Well, shit. I'll just shelve that concept again, then.
>>
>>61354769
>>61354929
I"d also like to know how CoDzilla possibly exists again in 2e. Something to do with stacking domains and Wild Shape or something?
>>
>>61356173
They're both pigeon-holed and at the same time given very little support. Other ranged feats are given to other classes, and the ones Ranger has are few.
>>
>>61356321

The ranger is probably the second-weakest class in the playtest at the moment, with the alchemist squarely and blatantly in bottom place.

I am surprised that monks and rogues wound up as decent middle-of-the-pack classes, and I am also taken aback that clerics are so mandatory for a party.

>>61356383

I think that the druid is sitting up there with the bard, the sorcerer, and the non-universalist wizard without Quick Preparation.

It is the positive energy cleric that really reigns supreme in this paradigm, however. 5 base trained skills makes clerics skill monkeys. Cleric prepared spellcasting is no joke, since it offers solid spells chosen from the entire list at the start of each day. While most of the domain powers are stinkers, some are gems ( see someone else's cleric domain rating document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_aOrdFePS9F9p4uorDg4Gz0rE3mTvyjGQy5ASMQCafM/edit ) among a sea of trap options. Also, Nethys provides an abundant list of spells, and the protection domain's Divine Ward is good for preventing focused fire on the party and making the most of area heal spells.

And then there is the positive energy pool, which helps keep a party topped off in hit points even after grueling battles. No party can recover from combat quite as well as a party with a positive energy cleric. Every party that wants to go for more than a couple of fights each day needs a positive energy pool cleric present.

Maybe the cleric could use some downgrades, but I dare say that this is the strong power level for classes that every other class should be striving for.

That said, negative energy pools are bad, and I think that they should be given an upgrade. By selecting a negative energy pool, a cleric takes away their ability to top off the party's hit points between combats, and why would a cleric do that?
>>
Wait, this isn't the pathfinder 2 thread
Someone make one with one of those anime fox girls like normal, I was having trouble finding it
>>
>>61356584
Show's over, pal. Mods nuked that one. 2e's with this thread.
>>
File: 1510112990965.png (167 KB, 1231x790)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>61356584
Anime scaly girl thread superior
>>
>>61356455
How did the alchemist fall so far?
>>
>>61356607
Don't worry
You can't beat autism
Pathfinder 2e thread will rise again

Stay salty pazio general fag
>>
>>61356689
>Pathforcer trying to call anyone else autistic
The irony is palpable.
>>
>>61356632

Simply put, alchemical items are mostly just worse spells.

I sincerely think that it would be better to revert to the 1e scheme of "alchemical items are just spells in a bottle" by this point.

It does not help that the alchemist's party role of damage, support, buffing, and healing is also the cleric's role, when the positive energy cleric is probably the game's most effective and party-mandatory class.
>>
>>61356702
I just wanna shit on pathfinder 2e in peace. I'll shit on paizo in general if you really want
>>
What are the best races for a natural attacker?
>>
>>61356689
>>61356702

From a practical perspective, it is considerably more efficient to keep Pathfinder 2e in a separate thread.

Pathfinder 1e and Starfinder are relatively close together in terms of system mechanics, to the point wherein Starfinder contains a conversion guide for Pathfinder 1e. Also, it is usually quite easy to discern whether someone is talking about Pathfinder 1e (e.g. "clerics" and alchemists") or Starfinder (e.g. "operatives" and "solarians").

Pathfinder 1e and Pathfinder 2e are the opposite of the above. They are entirely different systems that have virtually no cross-compatible points, and yet they share many of the same terms (e.g. "clerics" and "alchemists"). Unless everyone is crystal-clear about which edition they are speaking of, there will be confusion.

Pathfinder 1e and 2e sharing a general thread is about as sensible as D&D 4e and D&D 5e sharing a general thread, under the logic that they are both D&D editions and one is a successor to the other.
>>
>>61356875
Nobody really cares, Colette. You of all people are in no position to argue rules.
>>
>>61356837
Skinwalker, tiefling, half-orc, goblin, aasimar with their wings, tengu and some others I can't be bothered with remembering.
>>
It's me: that guy who asked earlier about Battle Heralds, again looking for advice on the best way into the PrC and any helpful feats! Here's what I've got thus far in terms of entry:

> Standard-Bearer 1/Exemplar 5
Get Banner early and Exemplar's Field Instruction, but it delays my entry to Battle Herald by a level. Also provides Martial Flexibility and some bonus feats.

> Standard Bearer 4/Unchained Scaled Fist Sensei 1/Battle Herald
Again, Banner early, but also get a second use of Challenge, Cavalier's Charge, and Expert Trainer (if I ever want to snag Horse Master and another Cavalier level for a scaling mount). Sensei gives inspire courage via Advice, and Scaled Fist makes it Charisma-based.

> Standard-Bearer 3/Oath of the People's Council Paladin 2
Previously mentioned benefits of Standard-Bearer sans Expert Trainer. OotPC gives me inspire courage, and a second Paladin level gives me Divine Grace.

> Exemplar Brawler VMC Cavalier 5
No Banner until Battle Herald 5, but with VMC levels in Cavalier I believe I'd be effective 10 (could be wrong, rarely use VMC). All the usual juicy bits of Exemplar, Challenge based off my level - 2, and full progression Tactician with BH levels stacking with VMC Cavalier's (unless I misundertand, in which case Tactician may be delayed to level 11).

As for feats, I was looking at Flagbearer, Lingering Performance, maybe Practiced Tactician. Sisterhood Style seems like an interesting feat, at least if I'm reading it right. Does it let you share a Teamwork feat as a swift every turn you're using the style, or only when initially entering it?
>>
>>61356894
Thanks for replying
The faster we hit 300 posts in this shitfit thread, the faster we can get a real pathfinder2 thread up, though we kinda have one atm, but it's focused on bitching about goblins
>>
>>61357034
Nope. We'll have another /pgg/, like always.
>>
>>61357063
This. Stay in your containment thread.
>>
>>6135683
Ragebred Skinwalker or Kobold. They can get the most possible natural attacks at 3, and more importantly, they're uncommon natural attacks. These two are followed by any race that gets natural attacks that aren't bites or claws.
>>
>>61354526
>>61354694
>>61354722
>>61354769
>>61354851
If this is what happens when Paizo makes "something on their own", yeah that company is fucked.
>>
>>61357173
Oops, forgot the second guy can also get a bite attack, but that's not very important, most options someone picks for natural attacking gives a bite and claws
>>
Attempt at dedicated 2e thread:
>>61357268
>>61357268
>>61357268
>>61357268
>>61357268
>>
>>61357314
Why anon? The mods nuked the last thread for a reason
>>
>>61357314
do we really need 2 threads, there's barely any 1e discussion as-is
>>
File: 1407807377289.png (621 KB, 840x511)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
>>61357314
RIP you, if you keep making these threads after mods sink them, you're gonna get banned.
>>
>>61357384
>>61357376
>>61357347
Paizo drones, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>61357552
Pathforcing spammer, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
File: 1363650484237.jpg (100 KB, 453x352)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>61357552
>Hey man, if you don't stop you're going to get banned
>LUL FUCKING PAIZODRONES
>>
>>61356966
Flagbearer is key, for sure
>>
>>61348407
You got a link for that?
>>
>>61357804
Definitely. I was trying to think how I'd wield the flag, considering I need to wield it in at least one hand. A spear of some sort or a quarterstaff would probably be easiest, although then there's no way I can use Sisterhood Style (which isn't really a problem if it only grants a Teamwork feat for one round after I entered the Style).
>>
>>61357894
I think having flagbearer on a spear will be way more impactful than sisterhood stuff.
Also I like the sound of the paladin entry via people’s council, I hadn’t thought about that one before. Divine Grace is powerful, and you’d keep a steady HD and BAB at all times to be even tougher.
>>
>>61357948
It definitely has a more knightly theme than Exemplar to be certain, although I feel Exemplar has it's own strengths in combat, granted the Exemplar's Inspire Courage is weaker.

I'm also still trying to decide on an Order. If I go Paladin, Star may not be a bad choice for my LoH, although Dragon's challenge is great for helping my allies hit stuff.
>>
>>61357804
>>61357894
The one thing you might want to note is that Flagbearer and Banner's morale bonuses don't stack. They don't completely overlap, but they do for fear saves and attack rolls(somewhat).
>>
My Wizard just found an empty Blessed Book last session, the lesser of two magic books he now owns.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/book-blessed/

Since I didn't have to pay for it, I'm not that worried about making sure I get 12,500 GP's worth of freely scribed spells out of it, but it has been making me wonder what the cost breakdown is. What's the minimum level of spells you'd want to scribe in a blessed book to break even or save money after crafting one? What about buying one?
>>
Why is the focus component for a Summon Monster spell a tiny bag and a small candle?
>>
>>61358107
Looking over the other orders, Dragon and Star aren't bad choices, but there's a few other decent picks too. Eel's challenge give a circumstance bonus to all attack rolls vs the target and not just melee (but your allies need to be a different race than you), Flame has Foolhardy Rush and Glorious Challenge, Hero's challenge is useful if you're Small (though Monster Expert doesn't seem like it'd stack with Divine Grace), Lion boosts your AC and Lion's Call gives the party some bonuses, and Staff is useful if the party's more caster-heavy (although then maybe a Battle Herald's not a good pick).
>>
>>61358486
Think anon, think.
They're all shadow puppets.
>>
>>61358603
What do you need a tiny bag to make shadow puppets for
>>
>>61355883
>>61356226

I am considering bumping the barbarian down from "solid martial" to "flawed martial" in this tier list. While the fighter's class features at 11th and 17th are stinkers, so are the barbarian's features at 3rd and 5th are marginal, and those come much earlier. Barbarians are also somewhat MAD between Dexterity and Constitution; they want to start with Strength 18 and Dexterity 16, but that leaves them with only Constitution 12, which means they have merely Constitution 14 by 5th level, Constitution 16 by 10th level, and Constitution 18 by 15th level.

Rage takes an action at the start of combat unless the barbarian has prep time, and even with such prep time, I do not think it makes as much of an impact on the battlefield as the lockdown from Attack of Opportunity. Furthermore, the totem benefits are just plain sad to look at, and the fighter starting at expert for weapons is actually a decent benefit.

What do people think of this assessment?
>>
>>61358633
You put your hand inside and it's a felt hand-puppet.
>>
>>61358429
Level 3/4 is when spells start becoming expensive to buy and copy down, so get those and up
>>
>>61359108
I wouldn't even consider 3rd level spells expensive personally, they're still less than 100 GP. The formula is just spell level squared times ten, and at any level where the wizard gains new spells the cost for scribing spells of that level will be pretty trivial. I'd probably stick with 4th or 5th level up, but might throw in some lower level spells too because realistically I don't think most Wizards will fill up all 1,000 of a blessed book's pages even if they put all their spells in it.
>>
Solid Fog spell says that it prevents effective ranged weapon attacks "except for magic rays and the like". Should a kinetic blast count for that? I'm thinking it probably depends on whether it's a physical or energy blast, since I'm assuming magic rays aren't hindered by the solid fog because they're sort of insubstantial.
>>
>>61359167
you're forgetting about the 375 gold to buy the scroll, the least expensive way to get hold of such a spell
but yeah, nobody will ever fill up a sacred book in a regular adventure
>>
Speaking of books, my wizard just found one in a loot pile, what's the best course of action to take if he doesn't want to be fucked over, as any wizard would?
>>
>>61359365
I'm not forgetting it, I'm purposefully not counting it. The blessed book isn't full of coupons for free scrolls at your nearest MagicMart, although that does give me a neat idea for dungeon loot.
>>
>>61359414
What kind of book?
>>
>>61358633

Well obviously to hold the candle when you don't need it.
>>
>>61358486
Almost all material and focus components are a joke
Fireball is literally just setting some batshit and sulfur on fire and throwing it at the enemy
>>
>>61359706
I know, I just didn't understand the joke for Summon Monster. I thought it was suppose to be getting the monster to come out of the bag using the candle like you would smoke an animal out of a cave.

My personal favorite is Detect Thoughts, whose component is a copper piece. Penny for your thoughts? Some electric spell- don't remember which one- is just a sheet of metal, like the ones they shake to make thunder sounds in movies.
>>
>>61359753
Yeah, summon monster is just some shadow/hand puppetry. Candle when you're somewhere dark enough and the bag for a sock puppet when it's too bright for shadows
>>
>>61359427
A spellbook obviously, but it was late and it was at the end of a dungeon and everyone was tired and he had blown all his spells and he didn't have the right cantrips prepared, so he just wrapped it up carefully in a blanket and kept it in a separate bag from the rest of his stuff
>>
>>61359867
Congratulations, you have obtained the blessed book of corruption!
>>
>>61359867
Just making sure. There are other kinds of books out there that could be important. I just found a Book of Infinite Spells the other day, though admittedly I'm not worried much about it getting destroyed any time soon, being an artifact and all.

Anyway, I've never actually had a DM try to attack or steal a spellbook, but I have caught a Sepia Snake Sigil from one. I would recommend that you ask your DM if a Dispel Magic spell would harm the spells in the book and if the answer is no, cast it on the new spellbook. As for actually protecting it... Just don't leave it laying around? If you keep it in a bag or backpack, most effects shouldn't be able to target it.
>>
What are some good uses for Minor Creation that don't involve making stuff like black lotus poison?
>>
So I'm just getting into a Starfinder game - are there any stats for playing an actual Eoxian, or is the Borai as close as you can get in RAW?
>>
>>61361286
No Elebrians with PC statblocks yet. And Borai only have the option for Core races as their origin.
>>
Would it be possible to use the sun while living there to live forever?
>>
In PF2e, are the classes reasonably balanced at first level?
>>
>>61362981
Pffffthahahahahhahahahahaha
>>
>>61363031
Then what's the balance like? I've read what the classes get at higher levels, but a lot of them get a lot of stuff at 1st level.
>>
>>61362981
See tier list >>61358501
>>
>>61324739
How much HP and AC should I have at, say lvl 10 as a frontline character? Im building a warpriest, and he's got 16 con, toughness and adamantine full plate.

Ive literally never played bad classes before, and I don't want to die to ridiculous power level, so I need to know
>>
>>61364031
>Warpriest
>bad class
Anon if you want us to help you we need for you to not be retarded.
>>
>>61364031
>How much HP and AC should I have at, say lvl 10 as a frontline character?
Rule of thumb is 15+level is good, but 20+level is ideal.
>>
Why the fuck are goblins a playable class in Starfinder, they're baby eating murderous pyromaniacs
>>
>>61364486
2e, I mean. Fuck.
>>
>>61364486

>Describes the platonic ideal of a shitton of player characters
>Wonders why they're available as player characters
>>
>>61341925
Furaffinity has some decent options if you browse through. By default, safe search is on, so no worries there. If anyone says anything, blame Google Image search

Besides, even the Star Trek cartoon had furries
>>
>>61364486
I put the blame on the Rodents from Starfinder.

What race would you have preferred?
>>
>>61364076
Isn't everything but druid, wizard and arcanist bad? I've played many games, but I don't think I've ever hit anything before
>>
>>61365627
Tiers are a meme, learn to break free from the shackles of your Full-Caster ways and learn that you know, sometimes the best way to get out of a situation IS to just hit something with either a blunt, sharp, or pointy object.
>>
>>61365627
>Tier 1:
Wizard, Druid, Cleric, Witch, Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest/False Priest/Astral Bloodline), Oracle (Paragon Surge/Lunar/Ancient Lorekeeper), Arcanist, Shaman, Psychic, Summoner (Spirit Summoner)
>Tier 2:
Oracle, Sorcerer, Summoner, Magus (Hexcrafter), Bard (Magician/Mute Musician/Studious Librarian), Skald (UMD/Expanded Spell Kenning/Hunt Caller), Unchained Summoner, Inquisitor (Monster Tactician), Alchemist (Preservationist/Promethean Alchemist + Planar Preservationist), Spiritualist (Involutionist)
>Tier 3:
Alchemist, Bard, Inquisitor, Magus, Investigator, Warpriest, Paladin (Sacred Servant/Temple Champion), Hunter, Skald, Mesmerist, Occultist, Spiritualist, Bloodrager (Monstrous Physique UMD/Urban Bloodrager/Primalist/Enlightened Bloodrager), Medium (Spirit Dancer/Rivethun Spirit Channeler), Vigilante (Warlock/Zealot/Cabalist/Magical Child/Avenging Beast), Ranger (Divine Tracker + Nirmathi Irregular), Rogue (Sylvan Trickster)
>Tier 4:
Barbarian, Paladin, Ranger, Adept, Brawler, Slayer, Fighter (Eldritch Guardian/Lore Warden/Mutation Warrior/Martial Master/Drill Sergeant/Child of Acavna & Amaznen/Relic Master), Bloodrager, Medium, Unchained Monk, Unchained Barbarian, Monk (Properly Archetyped - namely Qinggong Monk/Invested Regent), Vigilante (Stalker/Avenger), Unchained Rogue, Ninja (Hunting Serpent), Rogue (Eldritch Raider + Counterfeit Mage UMD/Phantom Thief), Shifter (Fiendflesh/Oozemorph/Elementalist), Swashbuckler (Azatariel)
>Tier 5:
Cavalier, Samurai, Fighter, Gunslinger, Rogue, Ninja, Swashbuckler, Monk, Kineticist, Shifter
>Tier 6:
Aristocrat, Warrior, Commoner, Expert
>>
So I'm looking at the Bracers of the Avenging Knight, and for the life of me I can't see a reason why my Evil character couldn't take one and use it to Smite Evil so long as he never takes a class that would actually give him a typed Smite. I mean, it would be useful if we ever went up against other Evil people, which is entirely possible desu.

>>61365886
I will to the end of my days scoff at this chart for suggesting base Fighter isn't Tier 4 along with the rest of its archetypes, and that Slayer isn't right there next to Investigator.
>>
>>61365627
>Isn't everything but druid, wizard and arcanist bad?
No, those three are just utterly busted, along with a bunch of other full casters. Warpriests only real design flaw is that it's still 2+Int skills.

>>61365956
>and that Slayer isn't right there next to Investigator.
It absolutely isn't nearly as good though, it doesn't have the support necessary to push it that far. That said, if a fucking swashbuckler archetype is in T4, so should Slayer.
>>
>>61366013
Actually ignore me, it's too early in the morning and I missed that it available was in 4. Shows how long it's been since I looked at that list.
>>
>>61364486
>>61364503
Aren't they even "back" to being baby-eating murderous pyromaniacs in Starfinder's point in the timeline, too? Shit, and Paizo tried to make us think some goblins tribes were reforming.
>>
>>61366184
I think so.
At least there's a mention of a goblin infestation on Absalom Station
>>
>>61364984
Core Tieflings
>>
>>61364984
Kobolds.
Orcs.
The elemental races.
Anything besides Goblins.
>>
Wait, a magus CAN'T use his natural attacks when doing spell combat? If not, why the fuck is http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/paizo-magus-arcana/natural-spell-combat-ex a thing?
I thought it was
>Full attack
>Use weapons
>Use natural attacks available
>Throw in a spell as well
>>
Alright /pgg/ what is the best pathfinder adventure path that you have read or played?
>>
>>61367490
Hell's Vengeance
https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Hell%27s_Vengeance
>>
>>61367295
It allows you to replace the weapon attacks in Spell Combat with natural weapons.

Spell Combat is like a Monk's Flurry, It's not a Full Attack, it's its own Full-Round Action.

And both have options that let you forgo your normal attacks for natural weapons if you take the right character option.
>>
>>61367490
Return of the Runelord or whatever it is that starts with Burnt Offerings
>>
>>61366184
More like omnivorous scavengers and the like that spread and mutated from their terrestrial versions.
http://www.starjammersrd.com/races/other-races/space-goblin/
>Other tribes have taken to adapting flame pistols and flame rifles to suit their needs, dubbing them “horseroasters.”
>>
File: DhLroF1UcAA6fBV.png (886 KB, 750x921)
886 KB
886 KB PNG
>>61368412
>>Other tribes have taken to adapting flame pistols and flame rifles to suit their needs, dubbing them “horseroasters.”
>Horseroasters
I bet they only have terrible myths and legends of dogs and horses anymore, whispered quietly in relative safety of their ships' power cores
>>
>>61365627
There are only two bad classes. Chained Rogue and Monk.
Every other class can at least fight, which is important in a wargame like pathfinder.

If you're going by tier list, tier 3 is the one you want to be balanced around, not tier 1/2
>>
If I want to bind an outsider to help me slay a dragon, what kind would be recommended? I'm trying to find some sort of outsider with a hunter's mentality, who would find thrill in the opportunity to fight a powerful blue dragon. Is there anything like that? Preferably not evil?
>>
>>61369683
>bind
It doesn't really matter, they have to do whatever you want.
>>
>>61370256
the roll is easier if they like doing whatever task you ask about
>>
Huh, dragons aren't locked to alignments in Starfinder?
CN red dragons, for example.
Neat, I guess.
>>
>>61370463
Why would they be? They aren't like demons or angels. Even in Pathfinder, you can have things like "tarnished" metallic dragons who become evil, rare as they are.
>>
>>61370520
Oh. Huh. Neat. I didn't remember that those things existed.
>>
Man pf2e thread killed this place
>>
>>61370937
Let me put it like this, 2e hilariously blew up in literally the worst possible way. Paizo, fearing the loss of players to 5e, decided to try and force-feed what is basically D&D 4.5 to a bunch of players who were too salty with WOTC to switch to 4e in the first place.

So yeah, /pgg/ is pretty united right now in the sentiment of Fuck Paizo, and they really need to vent. I expect it to die down once Paizo either starts backpedaling or someone decides to pull a Paizo on 2e.

Also, I'd like to think some of us weebs are worried about our rants over 2e scaring the newblood away from 1e and Starfinder, so we choose to rant someplace other than the thread in which we actually discuss the game we only kinda hate.
>>
>>61371198
You're killing good threads by doing that. Stick to your containment thread, tards.

>newblood
There isn't any.
>>
>>61371287
>there aren't any newbloods
Wrong.
>>
>>61371343
Painfully bad lie, anon.
>>
>>61371371
Are you the resident angry asshole?
>>
>>61371423
Guess again. There's no need for a "2eg" in any form.
>>
File: 1532995641513.jpg (1.07 MB, 1820x1209)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
I'm allowing my PCs to build bases, homes, and forts.

What are some things that neighboring adventurers, guilds, and what have you do to make them that neighbor that's an asshole?

Things that are petty and led eventually to petty displays of revenge on both sides. Like sending cursed fruit baskets.
>>
>>61371434
I don't follow and don't really care if there are separate threads but I'm not interested in 2e at all.
>>
>>61371486
Then you don't need to say anything at all.
>>
>>61371503
? I'm new here homie
>>
>>61371510
I'm sure you are.
>>
>>61371434
>From a practical perspective, it is considerably more efficient to keep Pathfinder 2e in a separate thread.

>Pathfinder 1e and Starfinder are relatively close together in terms of system mechanics, to the point wherein Starfinder contains a conversion guide for Pathfinder 1e. Also, it is usually quite easy to discern whether someone is talking about Pathfinder 1e (e.g. "clerics" and alchemists") or Starfinder (e.g. "operatives" and "solarians").

>Pathfinder 1e and Pathfinder 2e are the opposite of the above. They are entirely different systems that have virtually no cross-compatible points, and yet they share many of the same terms (e.g. "clerics" and "alchemists"). Unless everyone is crystal-clear about which edition they are speaking of, there will be confusion.

>Pathfinder 1e and 2e sharing a general thread is about as sensible as D&D 4e and D&D 5e sharing a general thread, under the logic that they are both D&D editions and one is a successor to the other.
>>
>>61371434
The exact same thing happened with /sfg/ when starfinder came out. It's just autists who have been beat out time and time again trying to exercise some kind of control over the thread. Just like /sfg/, the autist will lose interest in 2e and come back to try to force /pfg/ here again and everything will get folded back into /pgg/ again.
>>
>>61371517
So you are the resident angry asshole.
>>
>>61371521
We already had this discussion.
>>61356894
>>
>>61371531
True. I guess you just have to wait it out.

What kind of characters are you thinking of building?
>>
>>61371469
Infringing property rights, changing contracts, denying service, spreading rumors, falsely accusing/using the legal system against them, instituting laws that directly oppose them, repeated theft of important items or animals, sabotage around important events like harvest, paying off subordinates or citizens to cause unrest, spying, cultivating traitors, property destruction, memory loss related spells on underlings
>>
>>61371531
But will we get to keep having scalie waifus for OP instead of foxgrils?
>>
How would a Sirrush's Radiance ability interact with spells like Deeper Darkness?
>A sirrush exudes sunlight, filling a radius of 120 feet around it with bright light, though looking directly at a sirrush does not cause blindness as would looking at the sun. This sunlight affects creatures such as certain undead and fungi as if it were real sunlight. A sirrush’s radiance aura is suppressed when it is below half its maximum hit point total (203 hp for the typical sirrush).

The ability doesn't specify that it replicates any spell, but it seems silly that it would be beaten by low level spells like Darkness and Deeper Darkness, considering that the Sirrush is CR 21
>>
>>61371818
I'd probably use half the sirrush's HD to determine an effective spell level for the purpose of how it interacts with light and dark spells.
>>
>>61371882
Seems reasonable. That would make its aura the equivalent of a 14th level spell
>>
New thread
>>61371978
>>61371978
>>61371978
>>61371978
>>
>>61324739
I'm looking forward to killing furries.
Also hoping for full body prosthetic races, but since refluffing androids and SROs works it will probably never happen.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.