[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Previous Thread: >>61311774

V5 is out

>WoD website
https://www.worldofdarkness.com/
>V5 Rundown
https://pastebin.com/bhRvfQdC
>Pre-orders for v5 are available now
https://www.modiphius.net/collections/vampire-the-masquerade
>MEGA (mostly Chronicles of Darkness)
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw (we get it, it's broken)
>MEGA (mostly Old World of Darkness)
https://mega.nz/#F!KI00XCZA!sFV9L2S77bld5vzEmw5-vg (locked, needs new key)
https://mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw
https://mega.nz/#!qF1RlARJ!GScPzfKZps-MWSLxnmXSaIkEGR_F7YmhKlmyqmw0JJc (gilded cage)
>Question
Do you like the new changes to your favorite Clan?
>>
>Tremerefag

Not really. There is a lot more freedom for Tremere characters, which is admittedly something I had been hoping for, but not much of what has been offered is appealing and I don't like the new clan curse or the changes ot Thaumaturgy in merging it with Quietus and all.

It feels like half the developers want to keep the Tremere around mostly out of tradition, and the other half hate them and are trying to make sure they get the axe next time around. At this point I'd rather they just put the dog down instead of forcing it to keep limping on if they can't fix it for the better.
>>
Baali aren't here, so I'm pissed.

If clan only, I'm a tie between Brujah, Toreador, and Giovanni. I am glad the Brujah wish to become the Learned clan again, the Tores don't seem radically different, and they pissed me off by BFTOing the Giovanni.
>>
File: 7b1oSrf.png (6 KB, 290x400)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>61325546
>they pissed me off by BFTOing the Giovanni.
I miss my Guidos.
>>
>>61325298
The Toreador didn't change a lot, though I like their clan flaw a lot better than 'lol, it's so pretty, oh look I'm dead'.
>>
>>61325298
I like that the Tremere arent so autistic about their organization and ranks. You had to be what, rank 3 in their circle shit to be allowed to leave a chantry by yourself? Now I can go full constantine if I want to.
>>
>>61325298
Any of thise megas have the old WoD novels?
>>
>>61326711
Megas were reported by shills.
Which one you need?
>>
File: logo ventryue.png (28 KB, 543x500)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>61325298
Yes. At least I like the new logo and the sample character concepts were surprisingly good.
If V5 got any clan right. it's the ventrue even their shitty "fashion models" image is less shit then the other clan's "fashion models" image.
>>
File: Tremere_Hater.jpg (10 KB, 147x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>61325298
>Do you like the new changes to your favorite Clan?
No.
>>
>>61327277
>>
>>61327155
Shit. I was trying to get my hands on as many as possible. Been following these threads for a little bit and finally want to get off my arse and read some of the stories.
>>
>>61327355
The only mega that is online ain't got most of them including all clan novels, but there are some books.
Might want to try the torrents on TPB, but they're quite dated and scan quality was bad last time I checked.
>>
I feel like a dumbass because I cant find the character sheet in the pdf
>>
>>61325546
w-what happened to based capucho-bros?
>>
>>61325298
>Do you like the new changes to your favorite Clan?
I think the section on Brujah is stupid and makes fun of the clan rather than tries to get people to play it. I do like Theo Bell inspiring the clan to largely leave the Camarilla and the whole Convention of Prague thing though, probably implementing it into my V20 games in some form in the future.
>>
>>61325298
As a tremerefag, I condemn the clan's division. STRONGER UNITED.
>>
Does Requiem have a metaplot?
>>
>>61328620

Requiem has some setting history, but nothing similar to Masquerade, and no advancing metaplot at all.
>>
What to run a game with never players

Do I run VtM 1e,2e, 20th VTR, or 5th?
>>
>>61328752
Revised, 20th or V5 if you want the newest.
>>
>>61328752

V20 (with DA V20 changes)
>>
>>61328759
Did they ever redo the clan books for 20th? Or is everything in that one book?
>>
>>61328796
All in that one Lore of the Clans book I am afraid.
>>
Had a game night tonight and yet again my player dont know how their disciplines work. This is a weekly game that has been running since fucking April.

Is the only group I can find atm. Fuckers only have jobs, I got a full-time job and go to university, have read the whole corebook with supplements, prepare NPCs and the plot of the game.

One tells me "This is wod dude, we should learn as we go" to which I replied "it been 3 months already and you haven't "learn as you go" and I am not asking you to know the whole ruleset but at least know your 3 damn powers."

I fucking hate lazy players, i am even tempted to tell them "oh you dont know how your dominate, YOUR ONLY DISCIPLINE, works? Guess what, neither do your PC so he gets a Dramatic Failure"
>>
>>61328836
Tell those fuckers to use cheat sheets. I'm always paranoid I'll make a mistake so I bring a page with say 'a; uses b+ c to do d' . It takes like 10 minutes
>>
>>61328836

Do you mean they don't know how their powers work as in, they don't know what Dominate does, or they don't know the dice rolls? If it's just dice rolls and they're otherwise a good player who cares, just tell him what to roll or tell him to make a cheat sheet or put the core book on his phone. Not to get all dr phil on your ass but are you sure it's not just that you feel under-appreciated because you put all this time and effort into running the game?
>>
I don't own any OWoD books.

Can I use V20 rules with Victorian Vampire? I think I would need both books right? Should I just wait and buy a copy of V5?

(I prefer physical copies)
>>
>>61328836
>>61329097
Make them cheat sheets. Players are naturally lazy creatures, and they will just get pissed off if you punish them.

Use carrots, not sticks.
>>
So really just how mistrusted/hated are the Tremere? is it more of a personal thing or is there an institutional 'fuck these guys' policy? Are there non tremere that dont hate them?
>>
>>61329483
damn i wrote a whole post and my internet fucked off. I ran V20 with Victorian Age Vampire. The VAV book doesn't really have any useful rules that aren't in V20, but it had good information about what makes a Gothic horror story. Sadly it doesn't really tell you how to translate those Gothic Horror stories into plot hooks for the table, if that makes sense. If you already know about the era and gothic horror you can probably skip buying the Victorian Vampire book.

The London book was also a mixed bag. It had a lot of NPCs but I found myself doing a lot of outside research still to run my game. I also found the maps left a lot to be desired.

I can't recommend V5 because not all the books are out yet, gotta wait at least a couple months.
>>
>>61325577
What's their new clan flaw?
>>
>>61329665
It's more an institutional 'fuck these guys' policy. They're considered necessary for their magical skill that other clans lack, but they spent half their history clawing their way up to respectability, and other clans don't forget that, especially when ones like the Gangrel and Nosferatu fought with them.

But this is all in a very widespread sense. On an individual level there are probably Tremere that have friends among other clans, or aren't mistrusted. But the Tremere as a group are mistrusted and we don't have many examples of the Tremere really making friends.
>>
>>61328752
VTR 2nd Ed and you can avoid all this faggotry
>>
>>61329665
If Vampire were a school, the Tremere would be that kid who looks and dresses fine, but never talks to anyone, always turns his homework in on time and gets As but never snitches, and has some after school thing he goes to every day but no one knows what it is.

He's cool and all, but you'll be god damned if you're the one who invites him over for a sleepover.
>>
>>61330021
Add to that metaphor the fact that it's an open secret that he got another kid expelled so he could come to that school.
>>
>>61329932
In the v20 premade character book thing they released there was a pre made tremere character that was in a few cotories and made pals with others. So yeah you can be buddy buddy with one but most people will tell them to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>61329871
After the second Inquisition blew up the head of the pyramid their blood recoiled and is now incapable of blood bonding anyone.
Not sure whether it was just Kindred or also kine
>>
>>61330257
Wouldn't that be the tremere flaw?
I'm asking about the new Toreador flaw
>>
>>61330283
The Tremere flaw is that they begin blood-bound.
>>
>>61330319
Not in V5
>>
>>61330319
Ok, maybe its because I'm new to VtM, but why would damage to the (Tremere) pyramid affect the blood of the Toreador?
>>
>>61330360
He's an idiot. Tremere bane in V5
>Tremere vitae can no longer Blood Bond other
Kindred, though they themselves can be Bound by
Kindred from other clans. A Tremere can still bind
mortals and ghouls, though the corrupted vitae must
be drunk an additional number of times equal to
the vampire’s Bane Severity for the bond to form.
Toreador
>While your character finds itself in less than beautiful surroundings, lose the equivalent of their Bane Severity in dice from dice pools to use Disciplines.
>>
>>61330417
Finally, thank you
>>
pdf out?
>>
with all this tremere talk who do you think is hated more, them, nossies or malks?
>>
>>61330814
Them ofc Malks are usually ignored and almost everyone admits nossies are too damn useful to hate.
>>
File: sexytzimisceww.png (391 KB, 666x999)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>61330470

no but heres an ugly sexy tzimisce scribble
>>
>>61330986

It's that pic this Rudi fellow people keep talking about?
>>
File: assholemite.png (323 KB, 666x999)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>61331025

no
>>
>>61329932
How do you think that changed with v5? The Camarilla is splitting, the Tremere are fucked and apparently there are loner warlocks going full mercenary. You'd think that might loosen up some attitudes.
>>
Tell me about your chronicle /vg/
>>
File: coop.png (125 KB, 353x375)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>Belisarius and Al Capone are both ventrue
>>
>>61330470
The pdf has been out for days.

https://anonfile.com/Rcv0C3fbb0/Sexy_Humanized_Ponies.pdf
>>
>>61331193

Nothing yet, but I am thinking about Camarilla chronicle composed of old Ancillae tasked with hunting down and destroying the Anarch leaders. Probably with some Setite support as Hesha is actually a pretty serious traitor to his clan. Regarding Theo Bell, I mean, he just killed a Camarilla founder and Inner Circle member; he has to be the first name on the Red List (sorry, Keminitri) and the Alastors must be like sharks smelling Vitae (one thing is going after Methuselahs like Petaniqua, but a Brujah Archon a couple centuries old? C'mon).

Something along the lines of "the Camarilla strikes back" is a must, simply because it makes the most sense plot-wise.
>>
File: sicko is amused.jpg (23 KB, 152x254)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>61331559
>sexy humanized ponies.pdf
>>
File: 1532901630040.jpg (10 KB, 325x325)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>61331559
>/Sexy_Humanized_Ponies.pdf
Fucking no.
>>
>>61331854
Your loss anon.
>>
>>61331854
>>61331772
I mean if you don't want the book that's on you.
>>
>>61331956
>58.8MBs
>book
>>
>>61331854
>>61331772
>>61331975
There's always
https://www.worldofdarkness.com/store/item/59994/Vampire_The_Masquerade_5th_Edition_Corebook
>>
File: file.png (2 KB, 581x29)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>61331975
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fkggnow9W0
What clan is he?
>>
Holy shit is the V5 a foul looking book!

Awful photos, stuff taken form the never realeased MMO and disgusting fashion pictures pof each clan (the gangrel make me wanna puke, but all are awful)
>>
>>61332517
Hey dont badmouth the MMO like that. Its too soon
>>
>>61332517
You have some massive shit taste
>>
Man, WW must really hate the Camirilla and Tremere to screw them over this much.
>>
File: 51EGzrmjgrL._SS500.jpg (42 KB, 500x500)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>61332517
u just wrong muh mayne.
>>
>>61332711
>>61332858
>Having this shit taste on the internet.
>>
File: file.png (18 KB, 340x218)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>61332841
Are you really sure about that when every comment about Anarch behavior works like pic related in this book?
>>
>>61332914
Anarchs a shit
>>
>>61332941
Yes they are.
I was just disagreeing with the book shitting on the Cam in specific.
Even most example chronicles seem to be Cam
>>
>>61330146
>got another kid expelled
More like had the kid, her pets, her whole family and all extended relation gunned down by feds and declared Al-Qaeda. Comes to school armed like it's no big deal, just another napkin. And gives you Apt Pupil vibes down to the person that attends parents-teacher meets from his side being the Reichsführer SS himself.
>>
>>61332517
>>
>>61329220
>Do you mean they don't know how their powers work as in, they don't know what Dominate does, or they don't know the dice rolls?

The former instead of the later. I dont mind them not knowing which dicerolls, thats fine i can tell them. But each game having the explain dominate through 1 to 4 bogs down the game.

And i am piss off by the lack of effort on their part. I Try to dumb down the game as much as posible but them just showing up each game not knowing their own powers is just ridiculous, its literally a page, 1 page.
>>
>>61333387
I know right.

There were allways some stinkers and 1E in particular has few stuning illustrations and a lot of crap. But they were allways drawn pictures or at least photose edited to a point where it was not instantly apparent (V20). V5 just goes with lazy photos.

Then there are those ridiculous clan fashion pics. What Gangrel would wear THAT?
>>
>>61333456
Heh, wait till you get your first tremerefag. The guy that knows all rules and supplementary mechanics, all of them, can outquote and outargue all of you and physically cannot make a character that would've been less powerful than all other characters lumped together. Then you'll know pain.
>>
>>61333545
>What Gangrel would wear THAT?
Still better than V20.
>>
>>61333556

I want that player, my body and soul is hardened enough to confront said player.
>>
>hey, let's remove one of the most interesting and important things in Gangrel culture
t. nuWW
>>
>>61333664
I'd trade you if I could, but we play by paper, not by net. What previous anons said still works, make them curt and simple cheatsheets.
>>
No Lasobra, no Tzimisce, No Assamite, No Settites, No Giovanni

What the fuck were they thinking?!
>>
>>61333814
Money, even at the sake of going down
>>
>>61333814
In the following books. Though I wouldn't buy them if they're as bad as the core. They fused thaum and quietus, so you can play a wahhabi already.
>>
>>61333748
>What previous anons said still works, make them curt and simple cheatsheets.

I might but honestly i got burn last time with this same group playing forsaken.

One of them doesnt know english so i made her a cheat sheet with all the innate powers a werewolf has (Hunter aspect, renown brands, auspice ability, regeneration) and translated all the Gifts and give them each a pdf (that i kept updated) that said what gift they could buy for the renowns they had.

They didnt read any of that. And i dubious to put even more work for them to just get even more lazy.
>>
>>61333840
You know, I really wouldn't mind paying for three books to get all clans if they were at least as good as old WW ones. But new WW seems bent on printing shit on paper so I don't hope for much.
>>
>>61333904
It'd be okay if the books were just an expanded view into the clans, but charging people just for the baseline is a shitty business practice.
>>
>>61333814
>no Tzimisce
Well shit, the others I don't use often so I don't care that much, but those guys were favorites as npc.

Where else would I get a creepy guy who asks for creepy shit from the protags? Where else would I get someone who wishes to twist people in their image? (Trick question, I know any elder or mage worth their salt would do that or something like it).

Guess I have to import them now.
>>
>>61333877
Are they any good at roleplay? If not politely tell them that you're tired as fuck to explain rules to them when they don't even care, drop the group and get a new one. Storytellers are ever in higher demand than players, but groom few players if you must.
>>
>>61333935
Being a fan of the first edition above all others I don't care about extra flakes not making it to the core, only that the core was shittier than usual, and V20 set the bar quite low already.
>>
>>61333877
>They didnt read any of that.
Why are you playing with these people
Also if you live in a country that doesn't speak English and are willing to translate RPG rules for your players you won't have any trouble finding others to play with.
>>
>>61333949
We've had to houserule Vicissitude for two decades now to make it something more than combat/cosmetic discipline, you aren't losing much. No aggravated from claws? No organcraft? Six dots to graft? Fuck that noise. I still hope that they fix it, course.
>>
>>61334021
>Why are you playing with these people

got job in gastronomy (crazy hours) and go to university. And is a somewhat small city, this is the group i could find with hours that match mine.
>>
>>61334144
So they're not even your friends?
>>
>>61334173
>So they're not even your friends?

Yes they are but also the only people who all work in gastronomy related works (or unemployed) and can game Tuesday night up to 4 am.
>>
>>61325298

I do love Rudi. Rudi is the best, because he's a Mongr... Gangrel that is also:

- Dumber than a Brujah!
- Crazier than a Malk!
- Faggier than a Toreador!
- Uglier than a Nosfe!
- More into crazy sex than a Giovanni!
- More doublethink religious fanatic than an Assamite!
- More sticks in the ass than a Ventrue!
- Stealing more goverment funds than a Ravnos!
- More degenerate than a Setite!
- Darker than a Lasombra!
- Filled with more pox than a Samedi!
- More likely to go to Hell than a Baali!

Apart from that... I love the changes to my favourite clans. Tzimisce, Giovanni, Lasombra, sometimes Setite... They have amazing background and stats. It's more or less like this:

- Nothing.

But I guess everybody will be paying actual money instead of just downloading the PDF when the Sabbat book comes... next year? I guess? Even Camarilla and Anarchs (ick) are coming on November, so probably the Sabbat isn't even on sketches.
>>
>>61334397
There's people with crazier hours out there. My group at one time consisted of three cops, two forensic surgeons, one fed, one guy working night shifts at undetermined job and two prostitutes.
>>
>>61334506
Tell me about this prime coterie people.
>>
>>61334086
The cosmetic part was pretty good because it allowed you to do somehting no vampire without it could. The horrid form was okay for what it was. The bloodform was pretty sweet. Overall, vicissitude was fine discipline. Powerfull, yet not broken like some other.
>>
>>61334466
>...next year?

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How can you be so naive?
>>
>>61332858
>>61332711
Fuck off, the art is forgettable at best.
>>
>>61334538
Played mostly WtA/VtM with either cop or surgeon STing, with occasional mage game run by the guy with shady job. Games were more wacky than dramatic, with us perpetually getting each other in trouble, everyone drank a lot, miscast the dice and every session we were missing someone. All in all good times.
>>
>>61334689
>somehting no vampire without it could
Any sorcery's got better if costlier way to do what vici does. Chim/obf can do for a guise part of it, prot/serp does fightform, hiding and escape better.
>>
How in the hell combat works on V5? Strenght + Brawl vs Strenght + Brawl, difference between successes is damage? And what about soaking damage?
>>
>>61334734

It's either next year or never. If this lanuch is a disaster ("if"), I woudn't be surprised if they decide to close the studio by the end of the fiscal year.

And if then they sell the rights to China or something, everybody wins, because there are still very few countries with such decadent mentality as our beloved Swedish overlords.
>>
>>61334832
>Strenght + Brawl vs Strenght + Brawl, difference between successes is damage?
Yes, you can also use Dexterity instead. Comp/Dex+Firearms against fixed diff if you're shooting (target can roll Dex+Atlethics to dodge, or shoot back, then it's a contest like with close combat). You don't soak anything anymore.
>>
>>61331121
I don't know. It might be easier to put your trust in a mercenary warlock, or it might make them seem more out for themselves. If nothing else it might dispell the notion that any Tremere who's an anarch is just a plant from the Pyramid. But I really have no idea how this will effect them as a whole. V5 seems to be making a world where it's the youth that are left to call the shots and make the big mistakes, so viewpoints might change overnight or Carna might fuck something up for everyone.
>>
>>61334466
>Faggier than a Toreador!
Fuck you duude.
>>
>>61335292

Sorry I hurt your favourite clan's feeling. Disregard it, the Toreadors are very manly and masculine.

Better now, dear?
>>
>>61335470

The gunslinger Toreadors are. But if you're strictly into art, you're a fag.
>>
>>61335470
>Toreadors are manly and masculine

Bara you say?
>>
>>61335648
People should be forced to use Tom of Finland art for their toreador character portraits.
>>
>>61325298
>has a reflection in the mirror to check
Shitty art is shit.
>>
>>61335689
Only the lasombra have that flaw in general
>lorelet tries to play smart
>>
File: toreador.jpg (19 KB, 367x500)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>wareadors
>>
>>61335969

>Being less than 20 feet from a katana unless it is for the purpose of sending it to the Yama Kings Hells.

Disgusting.
>>
>>61335996

>But its not a katana its actually a specialized type of anti-cavalry sword that...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.
>>
>>61335776
>lasombra
I'm glad I never played this game. The lore is impenetrably boring.
>>
>>61336067

Oh, no, don't say that. You are going to make all of us cry!
>>
>>61336016
There's two words for a sword in japspeak and several readings for each word. Katana/to (刀) is merely any curved single-edged sword. Tsurugi/ken (剣) is straight double-edged sword. The rest is weebshit made-up qualifiers.
>>
>>61336284
I minored in Japanese and I had no idea there was an actual difference in meaning between these two. 剣 seems a bit classier, and definitely seems less common, but I've always seen it translated as simply "sword."
Also "kendo," as far as I know, is based entirely on katana techniques.
>>
>>61336284
>Fucking implying

Ken can also be single edged, it just means sword.

To can also be straight.
>>
>>61336357>>61336410
They mean "sword" in both cases. Nowadays they're used interchangeably, though "ken" reading is more common when referring to generic swords. They, along with the distinction in their meaning were borrowed form Chinese like pretty much entirety of jap culture. You may know 刀 as dao and 剣 as jian-type swords.
>>
>>61335689
>>61335776
Technically they've SORT of got a point because the art is from a VtR book where vampires don't show up in mirrors without some effort, but the flip side is that that image is from the Mekhet clan book and in that it talks a lot about how Mekhet vampire's reflections sometimes appear and move of their own freewill and talk to them like the big rabbit guy in donnie darko, which is a very cool thing to give Mekhet except it never shows up in any other bit of lore outside of that one clanbook, which adds that and for some reason makes the mekhet more malkavian, seeing random patterns in wacky and hokey spiritualism and alternative medicine and shit and with a touch of the Assamite Vizier caste's whole "tendency to get hyper obsessive about things" on top.

When the Mekhet's actual clan weaknesses are a weakness to light and fire and taking even more damage from the sun and none of that really pops up in any other book outside this one clan book.
>>
>>61332517
I like some of the art but they really did the Gangrel dirty.
>>
>>61336594

> Spare some change for an urban youth with finger arthrosis?
>>
>>61336594
Fashion spreads are very hit or miss. The rougher clans got the worst of it. Brujah all look like gay Bam Margeras
>>
>>61336773
The Tremere just looks like some weird tarot art.
>>
>>61336594
>Want your game to be about modern horror
>All of your characters look like faggy fashion models.
>>
Like with amount of fucking sweatshopped clothes being thrown everyday it's impossible to look like a dirty hobo parody unless you're crazy and don't know how to take care of yourself.
>>
Post more of the art, or post the pdf.
>>
>>61336773
Ventrue spread actually looks good for the clan, with a nice mixture of polished fashions for different situations. The artist seems to have trouble drawing people who are ugly, dirty, or have bodytypes that aren't on the thin side of desirable.
>>
Lady Gangrels. I believe this is what is known as CULTURAL APPROPRIATION REEEEEE
>>
>>61337135
>Masquerade? psssh what's that?
>>
>>61337135
I'm fine with fangs and furs, but damn it do they have to make some unwearable fashion show out of it? And look at em, no lean grace, no prowl, no muscle. That's toreador dressup, not gangrel.
Still better than V20.
>>
>>61337147
They look literally dressed for masquerade. I don't know where else those clothes would fit.
>>
>>61325298
>that pic
I'm surprised that they didn't that the Lasombra antitribu have instead no reflections but a monstrous version or made it a Flaw.
>>61337135
Is the first one a man in drag?
>>
File: blergh.jpg (54 KB, 485x742)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>61337262
>>
>>61337135

I bet none of you tought that a vampire could look like that. I don't think anyone wears those elaborate pagan haute couture dresses anywhere, not even in a fashion show.

Can thee imagine the SI?

>Sir, how can we tell blankbodies from civilians?
>Dude, have you seen these fuckers? Just AA-12 every motherfucker who looks like a modern femenine hollywood reinterpretation of Merlin.
>>
>>61337300
>Is the first one a man in drag?
They're all fags in drags, can't you tell?
>>
>>61337135
>Here's your Kindred, bro!
>>
>>61337314

I mean, if you have her put on some pants, she looks like a normal person. A young woman with very questionable taste, but a human.

Look again at those "gangrel women". Nobody dresses like that, ever.
>>
>>61337314
Unironically love this bitch

>>61337262
>>61337147
>>61337324
These are for Elysium and LARPers, not every day play inspiration. Still though, wish they were de emphasized. 1 male 1 female
>>
>>61337378
>Nobody dresses like that, ever.
The last one would fit right in Verbena. Then again, wizards have no sense, fashion or otherwise.
>>
>>61337334
*fangs, not fags, stupid autocorrect.
>>
>>61337382

they're concept art for an mmo and shouldn't have been included in a ttrpg rule book

this aside, they're very one note and not imaginative or sensitive to why clan is best clan
>>
>>61337474
No.

Don't be dumb.
>>
File: 1445535440703.jpg (98 KB, 467x700)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>61337135
Why do they look like some post-apoc cosplays I've seen rather than modern vampires? Surely there are aesthetics Gangrel can make use of without going full crazy scavenger?
>>
>>61337378
What if the new gangrel bane was that they couldn't wear pants?
>>
File: gareth pugh lineup.png (2.17 MB, 1505x960)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>61337781
Personally I've fallen in love with a lot of Gareth Pugh's cybergoth shit.
>>
File: vtmb2_by_b1ackimg-d9bc8lc.jpg (671 KB, 1024x1099)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
So, which of the Seven Sins would match which of the Seven Clans?
>>
>>61337827
Damn, that shit effy.
>>
File: gareth pugh topshop.jpg (80 KB, 500x331)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>61337827
From left to right:
>Ventrue
>Gangrel
>Toreador
>>
>>61337863
>Pride: Ventrue
>Lust: Toreador
>Wrath: Brujah
>Envy: Tremere
These are the most obvious ones, the rest you'll have to butcher the sin definition to fit them
>>
>>61337951
I thought being a picky eater fell under the auspice of gluttony back in the day, so you could move gluttony to ventrue and give pride to gangrel.
>>
>>61338030
Ventrue had a bloodline of chefs and gourmands.
>>
>>61338121
the name "Ventrue" literally means "pot-bellied" in french.
>>
>>61338121

>A vampire's girth goes a low way to determine [his suitability for this fucking bloodline]

It's good to see that there were people in former White Wolf willing to just get a few laughs.

On this topic (or really not, not at all), the introduction story for the Revised Guide to the Sabbat is one of the best short stories I've ever read in all of the vampire lore.
I miss writers with balls and actually willing to have fun with their writings. Nowadays they would probably be fired.
>>
>>61338248
My favorite intro story has to be Tzimisce Revised, such a eerie and tone setting short
>>
File: 124661.jpg (43 KB, 481x719)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>61338248
Satyros "FATHER'S THURSTIG COCK" Phil "SAVAGE GENITALIA" Brucato begs to differ.
>>
File: 19498851.png (582 KB, 671x440)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
>>61338317
I think the original Tzimisce's was the better one. It really sold me on ever-changing alien horrors, writing and art and all.
>>
>>61333556
Seems like it's always feast or famine with players. Either getting them to show up to game and answer emails is impossible like you're dealing with a 6 year old, or you're talking dinosaurs with a 6 year old who of course knows everything about dinosaurs to the point they could probably pass the oral exam for a PhD in dinosaurs. I really the mediocre players. They're great. All they do is
>show up to game
>answer emails
>read the chapter on their class/race/clan whatever
>know their powers
They're the fucking backbone of this hobby. The players more interested in their phone than the game, and the players who should just be DM/GM/narrator are trouble.
>>
>>61338358
>>61338317
>>61338511

Actually I just thought about the Giovanni intro story, the original one with the "actor". It was so over the top and written so well in character that I cannot help by chuckle remembering even today.
The Giovanni book with the narrator telling all the degeneracies and the story about the Premascine was pretty good.
>>
>>61338511
It was alright, but I feel a bit too on the nose with the Gigerian shite. A Winter's Fiend is creepy just from the style itself, that sense of wrongness slowly reaching climax
>>
>>61338592
Yeah, Giovanni's was another one that set up the clan mood well.
>>
>>61338645

>yesmasterohgoodmasternomasterpainnomoremaster
>>
>>61325298
Can someone explain this picture to me
>>
>>61338728
Some Requiem shit.
>>
File: fistxxx.png (44 KB, 999x666)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
what happens to gargoyles now?
>>
>>61339407
Why would anything change?
Besides House Carna mostlikely not having any
>>
>>61336594
I mean, isn't that what a lot of City Gangrel would look like? Outside of how clean his hair is, plus or minus some animal features.
>>
File: file.png (542 KB, 521x906)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
Deus Vult
>>
>>61338728
Mekhet that are embraced a long time can have their reflection or Ka to fuck off and be sort of a ghost.
>>
>>61337135
pretty sure if you can turn into a wolf and are part of a 6000 year old tribe of creatures that turn into wolves it's the native americans who appropriated your culture not the other way around
>>
>>61339656
Don't tell that to a lupine
>>
>>61339682
I thought the gangrel had a common ancestor-type situation with the lupines

I mean what kind of demented horror-genre SJW is going to get in the face of one creature that turns into a dog for "appropriation" because they're not another creature that also turns into a dog

I mean if you had a young Brujah neonate get in the face of a Gangrel for this reason everyone would roll their eyes and say "that's not realistic" and "that's a bit of a strawman don't you think" while simultaneously using their phones to get in an argument with a real SJW accusing someone of "transphobia" for calling a cartoon cow with a male voice actor "trans" (this was my morning and as stupid as this was it is not as dumb as calling gangrel "appropriators" for wearing animal skins)
>>
>>61333669
Gangrel have a culture?
>>
>>61339821
I think ennoia was a garou or had garou blood or some shit, but I'm not 100% sure. I know gangrel and lupines sometimes leave each other alone.
>>
>>61339888
It inwolves a lot of awoo.
>>
>>61339821
>I thought the gangrel had a common ancestor-type situation with the lupines
If you follow the Gangrel myth than yes Enoia also spawned werewolves, but that's around the same level of likelyhood as Set being a literal god.
But again I wouldn't recommend telling that to a Garou.

Also I do not think that anon was in any way genuine calling the Gangrel "cultural appropriation".
Especially since Kindred are absolutely dependend on trying to fit in into their host culture if they want to survive
>>
>>61339821
There's a myth going around that Ennoia fathered lupines. Telling that to any woof guarantees your face gets ripped off.
>>
>>61339888
Yes, and one of the more interesting ones.
When they hold Gathers and tell tales, they still use outdated poetic devices such as kennings
>>
>>61339983
Why do woofs seem to tolerate gangrel moreso than any other leech clan?
>>
>>61339912
>>61340046
Yeah there's an understanding between gangrel and lupines. At least in VTM, cities are vampire territory and the countryside is lupine territory, with the exception of the gangrel, who get a pass by the lupines because, well, they fit in. Turning into animals, acting like animals, that sort. They see vampires as "servants of the worm," but when there's a gray area like the gangrel, they get a temporary pass, unless they fuck up royally. Raiding a log cabin and draining a rural family will 100% get the gangrel who committed the act hunted down by the lupines. If all they do is stay in bear form and eat salmon, lupines don't care. Lupines might not even notice, if the gangrel takes the merit where he passes for a living animal.

>>61339942
yeah I think was taking that post more seriously than it was intended

>>61339983
To be fair, doing much of anything in the proximity of a woof gets your face ripped off. But gangrel do have some merits available that let them pass for living animals. IIRC I've even seen a character concept in a published book of a gangrel who thinks he is a werewolf and tries to hang out with them. Then there's a merit that lets them use level 1 werewolf gifts. I think that's for being related to lupines as a human and then getting embraced.
>>
>>61340046
Common interests, powers and pastimes, ancient friendships, the fact that Gangrel aren't nearly as much as a blight on the face of the world as any other clan. Woofs see them as dumb, weak, but still worlds better than the rest of vampire ilk little brothers.
>>
>>61340046
Gangrel can smell lupine scent markings with the first dot of protean so there's more room for communication between them.
>>
File: DB.png (336 KB, 528x378)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
Name a better Toreador
>>
>>61340785

Heliogabalus.

To be honest a dozen roman emperors could be Toreador and a dozen more Malkavian. Sometimes both.
Heliogabalus seems like a Malkavian pretending to be a Toreador, which is ironically the purest form of Toreador that there is to be.
>>
>>61340785
That's Cacophoniac, Kiasyd or outright Fae you've got here, not some worthless poseur.
>>
>>61338728
Just a Mekhet and her girlfriends tidying up after a successful hunt but her reflection wants more.
>>
>>61340894
>Heliogabalus seems like a Malkavian pretending to be a Toreador, which is ironically the purest form of Toreador that there is to be.
I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with your opinion, but I am 100% sure your opinion is amazing, and deserves to be on display in a museum as the gem it is.
>>
>>61338248
>tfw reading revised guide to the Camarilla after reading revised guide to the Sabbat
>tfw the Sabbat got duped as always
>>
File: ventrue outfit.png (552 KB, 503x751)
552 KB
552 KB PNG
>>61337863
How come Ventrue is the only good looking male?
>>
>>61341888
Because he looks like Sebastian
>>
>>61341858

It's really hilarious. I was rereading it too because I didn't remeber the Camarilla part, and found myself actually laughing.

>>61341776

Why thank you kind sir.
>>
>>61341922
Without the babyface.
>>
>>61329871
The Toreador clan flaw is that they take penalties equal to Bane Severity (how hard their Clan Flaw hits them based on age/Blood Potency) in areas that are against their aesthetic. so a grunge toreador might be unconfortable in an art museum, while an opera singer might be uncomfortable in places that are dissonant in sound.
>>
>>61342956
but if their clan flaw is that their clan flaw hits them harder if their aesthetic is violated, doesn't that create an endless loop with no actual effect?
>>
File: 29-Tremere-M00.jpg (38 KB, 210x600)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>61341888
I like the Tremere guy. He looks nice in a 'uuuh shit I guess I'm a vampire now try to look cool man' way. Accidentally handsome and no idea how to really make it work.
>>
>>61333814
Because it's a core book with a focus on bringing in new players, not rehashing V20.
>>
>>61342980
Literally me, except I don't take elder dicks.
>>
>>61343009
>not going against all expectations and joining the anarchs
>>
File: victims.png (7.22 MB, 2722x1815)
7.22 MB
7.22 MB PNG
To the guy who was wondering where that cuckold character that one reviewer complained about was.
Here it is. The very first pages of the actual book. Somehow absent from the pdf
>>
>>61343027

they probably skipped over it to either get good word of mouth going or someone hates it enough to skip it.

not sure why it wouldn't be in there
>>
>>61342977
I was explaining what Bane Severity does, but I fucked it up royally apparently: it's the intensity of the clan flaw. I'm tired, work since 6 this morning then MtG after. Basically, when they're in places that fuck with their aesthetic, they get minuses to Discipline use. These minuses are equal to the Bane Severity, which is a numerical measure of how 'strong' your clan bane is.
>>
>>61343027
Isn't it a reference to a movie ?
>>
File: z6WsUgf.jpg (10 KB, 251x260)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>61343021
>joining the An-cucks
>>
>>61343027
> all the other example names are ethnically diverse
> both cuckold names sound like white males

kek
>>
>>61343062
Ah! yes, that makes sense, the confusion was on my part for not knowing "bane" basically just meant dicepool penalties rather than a seperate thing.
>>
>>61343095
Would you really join with the Kue-jin?
>>
>>61343110

Just the way gentlemen gamer like's it
>>
>>61343147

>not going independent in final nights
>>
>>61343110
>Zach Krantz, Maddie fox
>Roger Reed, Vicki Pedroia
>Kevin Handler, Renee Forde
>Justin Kucharski, Elaine Ardoin
>>
>>61343170
>going against the antedivulians alone

You either stand together or get eaten alone, comrade.
>>
>>61343147
I hear joining with the Kuei-Jin has worked great for the San Francisco Kindred! Speaking of, I wonder if modern White Wolf is going to try to retcon the shit out of KotE because maw racism or if they're just going to avoid mentioning Asia from here on out
>>
>>61343144
Yeah; Bane Severity is a numerical rating based on your character's Blood Potency (so lower Gens with their higher BP cap can have a stronger Bane Severity). Most of the Clan Banes function on the concept of Bane Severity; Malks choose an Attribute Category at creation and when they trigger, they take penalties to those Dice Pools equal to the Bane Severity; Gangrel take penalties to pools appropriate ot their temporary animal features equal ot the Bane Severity; Ventrue have to spend WP equal to the Bane Severity to drink from something not their chosen food source. It's all pretty good.
>>
>>61343199

>Thinking the few that want to end the world are going to win

It will never happen.
>>
>>61343153
Does cuckold get used in the original sense in Britain? 4chan has just gotten so used to fetish porn
>>
>>61343333

cuckold's antler's comes somewhere in angloverse, at least in old adage, but where true usage of it originated, I doubt anyone knows or someone made it up to act like they knew, like most things. Probably some old dickens verse.
>>
>>61343284
I kinda want to play an old Brujah so learned their clan lore is maxxed out enough they basically keep tabs on where almost all the antedeluvians are. So they know
>antedeluvians are real
>some of them are dead
>some of them have transcended and become irrelevant forces of nature
>some of them are harmless and doing nothing
>only, like, two are genuinely dangerous
>if any faction found out how much they knew they would be killed
So this informs how they act re: Camarilla vs Sabbat. The Sabbat is like JOIN OUR CRUSADE OR DIE and they're like "eh, the antes are really no big deal, I have a lunch date with toreador every other saturday" and the Camarilla is like NO THEY'RE NOT REAL AT ALL JUST A STORY NOW ACT HUMAN OR THEY'LL FIND YOU and they're like "yeah ok I have a lunch date with your grandsire's grandsire who you say doesn't exist and we both think you're adorable" but of course never actually says any of that because having Lore 5 in anything is basically worth killing someone over let alone Lore 5 in, like, 13 Clan Lores.
>>
>>61343440

Everyone know's the truth but plays at a game of pretend, at least past a certain age. Most of these kindred past a certain age probably rubbed elbows with someone that was in the room with them at some point, so they all know. The lie is for the new people that don't want to know gods walk among them kind of deal.

The real test isn't the antes or maybe even a few second generation'ers in hiding but Caine.

The question is if Tzimisce took over all of creation, does that nullify his curse? If the 4d chess going on between ante's and clan leaders doing body hop-scotch inside of tremere going to amount to anything other than a long game of blood chess.

Most ante's stated aims will likely never impact most kindred or even the world. That doesn't even account for the shit coming out of right field kind of stuff like cappadocians or other hidden bloodlines pulling some keiku shit.

The final phase of the jyhad is so far above the heads of most kindred that honestly gehenna even if written well will either amount to a force of nature or a hiccup that nobody notices.

An old clan brujah would be fun except you're going to be dealing with asshats like Inconnu.
>>
>>61343368
You see it in Shakespeare - I can't remember which one it was, probably The Taming of the Shrew.
>>
>>61343333
>>61343368
The porn sense only became popularised like 4 years ago in the US, and dogging is more popular in britain than cuckoldry anyway.
>>
File: VV.png (337 KB, 640x480)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
Stat Susan /VG/
>>
So in v5 do you get a blood sorcery ritual in addition to whatever power you take per dot or is it you either get a power or a ritual per dot?
>>
>>61343805
Physical
Strength: 1
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 2
Social:
Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 4
Appearance: 5
Mental:
Perception: 2
Intelligence: 2
Wits: 4

Notable Abilities:
Subterfuge, Expression, Empathy and athletics all high.
>>
>>61343958
You get one Level 1 at the first level, and buy the rest with XP.
>>
Anyone got any pics of nossie looking fucks in military gear? I want to make a nos vet.
>>
>>61342980
>>61341888
Implying they are better than this masterpiece of beauty.
Hip thrusts and is the best app I’ve played in a while.
>>
>>61342980
>>61341888
Tremere male had best starting clothes.
Ventrue male had best ending clothes.
Toreador male had laziest clothes.
Nosferatu male had worst in all aspects.
>>
>>61327155
If the mega gets put back up, can someone update the copy of One Thousand Years of Night? It was still the backers’ version with no formatting or errata changes.
>>
Do you think they'll add back the Cappa's ? Mortis is cool as fuck. A kindred could make a living just with the 1st level discipline.
>>
>>61338317
The best intro story is, bar none, the one from the REquiem ghoul book.

>I don't know why I do these tings to you.
>>
>>61343805
>Susan

-10 hp.

It's VV now.
>>
Why is Toreador the best clan?
>>
Are all Nosferatu deformations super obvious in masquerade or can there more subtle requiem like deformities to make you seem more unsettling?
>>
>>61347107
Pre-V5 Masquerade, all were ugly. I think there is fluff in V5 where Nos can now look fuckin hunky as in pic related but it's more Requiem now. V5 is basically Requiem 3e, which I like.
>>
ah nvm, it's already possible.
>>
File: raggedydipshits.png (900 KB, 783x998)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
>>61347188
forgot pic related
>>
>>61347188
Ackshually, reading their clan bane now, not true at all about the hunkiness. I read that in here or some other forum full of lying autists
>>
>>61344000
>Appearance: 5
Are you blind? She's a 3 at best, maybe 4 if you stretch it.
>>
File: gypsyqueers.png (827 KB, 829x1002)
827 KB
827 KB PNG
>>61347195
The leg brace is so retarded.

Here are the Tremere. They got the best clothes imo, even though they should be the tasteless fedora clan
>>
>>61347263
post your waifu, pillow biter
>>
>>61347272
I hate ALL of the outfits they put in the book. Though that old ventrue godfather looking guy in the suit was stylish as fuck.
>>
>>61347318
You mean the photography or the drawings?
Because I actually like the majority of the photos while the art spreads are just too "samey" for me
>>
>>61347326
The fashion model runway outfits all suck, a fair few of the photos are neat.
>>
>>61343210
tfw I genuinely want KotE v5

The premise is good and it has potential, but they fucked up the execution. I know there will never be anything new for KotE and ww will just pretend it doesn't exist, but I still wish that they'll update it eventually.
>>
>>61347272
First two dudes and last chick actually look decent.
>>
>sperging out over concept art for an mmo
>like it matters what it looks like
>and not because it's a lazy cop out
>and not because its not actually getting a bradstreet or timbrook or davis whom'd nailed the attitude required down so well before

rip illustrations until they run out of the gas plundering the ccp vault
>>
>>61347353
>tfw v5 photo brings flashbacks of draconian maths teacher
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p0jC-RMel4

The Gentleman's Guide to Vampire V, part 6: The Clans.
>>
I haven't really kept up with what they're doing in V5, wageslaving keeps me exhausted, so I'm asking here for you folks who probably know a lot more shit about this than I could find on my own: are the Lasombra going to be featured in any of the books coming out soon?
>>
>>61349754
Either in the Sabbat book next spring or whenever Chicago by Night comes out
>>
>>61349768

Have there been any mentions of them at all in the V5 corebook?
>>
>>61349781
Talley is "protagonists" of the Dominate intro fiction and Vitel is mentioned in Theo's loresheet.
Also the new Ventrue loresheet mentions Lasombra trying to take control over religious centres again. Though I presume that's more of a "trying"
Otherwise nothing.
>>
>>61349781
Just some flavour text with the Hound trying to kill a Ventrue. The text also mentions something about the Magisters joining the Cam but it could just be a ruse.
>>
>>61349462
Looks like they're really going for the Camarilla to be more closer knit together.
I like it
>>
>>61350240
Yeah, and apparently the Setites have become the Ministers or something like that.
>>
>>61345135
Nos female was equally bad. It was literally the same weird bondage gear.

>>61347272
They aren't tasteless fedoras, they're always described as usually dressing very conservatively.

So it's kinda weird they turned them into this weird mix of roma-chic and runway models.
>>
>>61350378
The Ministry.
But we've heard that floating around before and even written in the core
>>
Okay so if I put on Gregorian chants and have an elder call characters "My child", speak of comitting sacraments as tasks, would that be too cheesy for an uber catholic elder?
>>
>>61351397

Nothing would be, as long as it is Canon Law.
And an elder can simply rip your head, make your blood boil or turn you into a slave, so everybody kinda behaves.
It's like talking with an 400 years old Giovanni vamp who thinks he's the shit if you have been embraced ten years ago. You kinda just shut the fuck up and let the old people talk whatever they want because they are crazy and crazy people are unpredictable.
>>
>>61351397
Honestly, there's very few things that are too cheesy for elders.
Just fluff him as still following the Road of Heaven and let him have enough influence in the city/sect that the coteries knows they shouldn't take him lightly. Consider that he'll also likely demand tasks that seem perfectly moral to him while mostlikely incuring stains/humanity violations for the neonates
>>
>>61350503
>weird bondage gear

Are there any clothing mods to fix this? I like playing as the nos but can't stand to look at them because of the stupid outfits.
>>
>>61351674

Ideally, someone would remake the game. After 10 years of non-stop modding and then a hard stop for the past 3 or 4, anything that has not added yet probably won't.
>>
>>61339613
>Mekhet that are embraced a long time can have their reflection or Ka to fuck off and be sort of a ghost.
OK thank you anon
>>
>>61351996
Isn't Clan Quest version 4.0 coming out "soon"? They're adding a whole new hub in a sabbat run barrio where you can join them and get in a pack and everything.
>>
>>61351628
I was thinking that what he asks the players to do is bring the fury of god unto a man who has broken the seal of the confessional. Have him speak of revealing things that should not be spoken.

They'll immediately jump to "Masquerade violation", but in reality the man they're killing doesn't even know of vampires and will, depending on the circumstance, scoff at the idea or recoil in horror.
I'm also thinking when they get back the floor will be covered in blood, his blood, as he whips himself in penance.

>>61351510
The fact that elders don't get questioned is definitely something that should be taken into account.
>>
>>61352049
The sabbat voice actress seems really good tho, too bad her lines are nonsense.
>>
>>61352201
I can forgive the silly lines considering it's a free mod. It looks amazing for what it is.
>>
>>61352223
I can forgive some bad lines, and the voice actress pulls it off pretty well so its fine.

I am less fine with the diablerie nonsense with recycled voice lines and just weird player interactions.

I'll still probably play it though.
>>
Has there ever been any good scenarios or adventures or anything surrounding WW games? Anyone third party sort of setting books or DIY-style resources to facilitate a game at the table? I feel like I might use one of those modern Call of Cthulhu books that read like a True Detective episode or something. There has to be some really prolific game writers who consistently write in unique voices for a game like this?
>>
>>61352271
>I am less fine with the diablerie nonsense with recycled voice lines and just weird player interactions.

Explain. From what I've seen they've gotten voice actors doing impressions of the already established characters. Some are better than others in the current version of clan quest but again considering it's a free mod I can forgive that.
>>
>>61352299
Block by Bloody Block was really good, but that was a vigil thing. apart from that you'd be hard pressed to find a good pre-written adventure. There's some decent NPCs and plot hooks to throw into whatever you come up with though.
>>
>>61352330
Someone linked to an Ash version and it took his Cave lines and meshed them with stuff like his negative zero line to make a semi coherent attempt at having a character condemn the player.

It came off as super awkward.

Plus the mechanics of it are just kinda bad.
>>
>>61352299
The few games I got my group to play when I was younger in V20 were unfocused homebrew scenarios that was basically Blade fanfiction. There's a few authors who write books for D&D or OSR projects for example that I know consistently write shit that is my bag, and I can peruse their library for cool ideas.
What is the third party scene like for writing WW stories? What is the layout of these books like? I'm aware of the "____ by Night" books, but others like "Block by Bloody Block" (I think that's what it was called?) leave me cold. Tell me there's some crazy gonzo DIY book with tables of weird shit to happen in a modern club setting I can roll on or something.
>>
>>61352365
That's disappointing. You'd think they'd just get a guy to try his best sounding like Ash instead of doing the whole voice line jumble.
What's bad about the diablerie mechanics? From what I saw you get randomized skills/disciplines from your victims. Side question, does anybody know if they fixed the problem where hotkeys get broken once you have more than 4 disciplines?
>>
>>61352369
There was a requiem take on creating a city with a lot of tables and ideas. It was in the mega, but they've been taken down now.

Anyone wanna recreate the mega? Because it's honestly kind of sad we don't have one.
>>
I hardly ever hear about any WW game that coalesces into anything like a campaign. The few games I end up playing online or in a MUX or something are usually "magical realm" shit that peters out after the storyteller realizes we aren't buying into the fetishes.
I wish someone would apply some OSR sort of model to a pre-written adventure I could play in.
>>
>>61352410
You get a couple of dots and then you have to talk to a ghost and then you may frenzy with voice overlays from the character. It's just kinda weird.

>>61352422
There are a bunch of pre-written adventures and they're all the fucking worst.

I'm talking tentacle rape monsters as the antagonist bad.
>>
>>61352180
>I'm also thinking when they get back the floor will be covered in blood, his blood, as he whips himself in penance.
Are you running on V5 or V20/Revised rules?
In depending on generation/BP difference and maybe Hunger you should make a test whether they can resist lapping it up resulting in blood bond and loss of face.
>>
>>61352468
Are you going to have to talk to a janky ghost for everyone you diablerize? That sounds pretty lame.
>>
>>61352180

You may consider that a regular man cannot break confession secrecy, it's just him talking. The one who breaks it is the priest, and there are increasingly more cases (like a guy confesses to a priest having commited a crime, and the priest says "yeah one sec" and calls the police).

Usually the punishment for this is defrocking, I believe? Although excomunicating could also happen. However, modern church doesn't really do it for publicity reasons ("so this priest helped arrest a killer and you expel him for the Church? Bring the flamethrowers").

So, if a very devout elder heard of this, he might consider, indeed, punishing a priest that has literally broken a sacrament.

Regarding whipping oneself as a crazy person does? That still happens even among the living, but there are fringe people like that always.
However, as far as I know self-mortification for the purposes of expiation is not something that would neither be recommended nor be openly censured by the Church. Again, publicity.
>>
>>61352539
I believe in cases like that, where the law has actually been broken, the priests are allowed to call the police
>>
>>61352539
Well obviously it would be a priest, as you said there is no seal of the confession on anyone else. (Also I believe the punishment is excommunication? I know a guy got excommunicated for it under the last pope)

And he's an elder, I mean you already have people opposed to Vatican II, a guy who still remembers when the holy city fell to the Saracens probably has some sympathy for old catholics.

>>61352526
I'll make a note of that.
>>
>>61352565
Priests have gone to jail to not say shit.
>>
>>61352539
>Although excomunicating could also happen. However, modern church doesn't really do it for publicity reasons
Breaking the seal of confession is actually one of the few latae sententiae excommunications and canon law takes that very serious
>>
Can anyone tell me about their WW campaigns? What sort of games have you run? Monster of the week stuff? Long railroads? Mostly urban hijinks, or scary farm horror? Speaking of horror, is that how your game's themes shake out? Do your players brood about being supernatural and wax poetic in social intrigue, or is it more like a cape power fantasy for them where they have to get revenge on the asshole prince? Do you base the game in your hometown?
I'm considering running a new Vampire game on discord/roll20 soon, but I'm coming primarily from an D&D/OSR background. I'm thinking of adapting some modules from other modern games over and maybe making a go of it. I'm CST-US, and would be playing primarily weekday evenings. I'll be the ST unless someone else was thinking similar.
>>
>>61352565

Probably... but that's against the whole point of Confession. In theory, you can confess freely without fearing reprisals from the priest (talking to the police) because the priest is supposed to absolve you from your sins so you can go dance in the Heaven with Jesus. If people are scared of confessing to a priest because they think they are going to be handed over to the police, the criminal never confesses and a soul is lost.
I'm not really up to the current Pope's rulings, but at least until very recently (years?) you "shouldn't" break confesion secret. And I believe in most countries a catholic priest can refuse to testify against someone that has confessed to him and receive absolutely no punishment.
Again, I'm not up to "latest devolopments", so YMMV.
>>
>>61352691
If the priest believes that the person is not truly contrite, or that the sin is too monstrous, he can cut off the confession, thereby nullifying the seal, and allowing him to go to the authorities.
>>
>>61352777
Do you have a source for that in canon law? Especially for the sin being "too monstrous" as that directly contradicts the entire idea of absolution.
And even the confession of a sin that the parish priest isn't allowed to forgive in regular circumstances because it requires a bishop is not invalid or not under the seal.
>Can. 983 §1. The sacramental seal is inviolable; therefore it is absolutely forbidden for a confessor to betray in any way a penitent in words or in any manner and for any reason.
>>
>>61352777
If he does not believe you are contrite he can deny you absolution, but he can't break your confessional seal for it.
>>
>>61340046
unfortunately, as per lore of the clans at least. Woofs hunt Gangrel down more than other clans.
>>
>>61327885
The Cappadocians came back.
>>
>>61336472
>Technically they've SORT of got a point because the art is from a VtR book where vampires don't show up in mirrors without some effort

Retconned in 2e. No longer the case. But its incredibly hard to record a vampire because the Beast knows and will subconsciously move a vampire here and there or cause anomalies.
>>
>>61352668
It's...very unlikely that players will brood and cut themselves over some names and dots on paper. You'd have to be a real drama queen to wailing irl that your Torry sucked a man dry by accident.

You'd do best to try and aim for a horror theme with the expectation that some action will happen and that the players are here to have fun, not be there to feel shit for 3 hours.

So do action/horror allowing moments of brevity and add some fucked up shit as the crux of the chronicle. Something matching the theme of the story and that can pack a punch for the players so that they are motivated to finish the plot. This will have a bigger impact if before you just maintained a creepy atmosphere without going in too hard.

1 ghoul sex slave kept by the Setite the Prince sent you to spy on can be tragic. 30 ghoul sex slaves raped, impaled and chopped to pieces than thrown to the pigs is a bit too much Unless it's a Tzimisce but you gotta save up your Fiends for some next level shit

But in the end it all depends on what your players want or expect.
>>
>>61352668
My current game is more like weird /x/ shit and paranoia. I didn't set it in my hometown because I live in a small town, so I set it in the most iconic city in my state: Miami. It's both a help and a hindrance that none of players know anything about south Florida. I basically built 80ish vampires, some fully fleshed out and others just one sentence ideas, and mapped out power structures and interactions between them; then I came up with a rudimentary metaplot but largely tried to keep what happens over the course of the game player driven. It's difficult to get the players to work together and engage everybody as equally as possible while not railroading, but from my experience as a player in VtM games, I'd rather have a narrow scope of things to do rather than a whole lot of nothing at all because there's nothing engaging my character to act in a given city. You're going to have a lot of trouble getting the players to act as a single unit rather than on their own doing their own thing most of the time but it gives each player time to shine or fuck up royally, so long as they're fine with sitting back and watching when it's someone else's turn to do their vampire shit.
>>
By request of my group Im going to post our vampire population math.

A vampire at blood potency 1 has 10 max vitate. Normally they take 1 vitae to rise from the days tporor. But lets assume they had a bad day and had to extract a full 10 in the morning cause they are empty. To extract that every night, requires doing 10 lethal. If they spread the equally we get 10 people each suffering 1 lethal. They have to wait 2 days to let those people heal that 1 lethal if they want to avoid increasing damage so lets say they have 20 people spread across 2 nights. This doesnt include augmentation of supplies via animal blood. So an vampire population at purely bp 1 can survive at a 1 to 20 ratio of vamprie to people, though not without breaking the masquerade probably.
A vampire at blood potency 5, the last point a vampire can feed on humans but no longer on animas, they can have up to 15 stored vitate. Using the same math above we come to 15 lethal over 30 people over 2 days that can be safely farmed leading to a 30 to 1 human vampire ratio. Again not taking the masqurade into consideration.
Lets go to the maximum, blood potency 10. They require feeding on vampire blood exclusively. They can hold a maximum m of 75 vitae. Lets assume they have access to only BP 5 vampires through bonds and loyalty, they would have to do 75 lethal against several vampires to feed. It takes a single point of vitae to do 1 point of lethal healing for a vampire. Spreading the damage out as equally as possible for the bp10 vampire still means a doubling of vitae expended over all, as the lower rank vampire has to spend 1 vitae to heal and 1 vtitae to replace the vitae taken from them. So get 1 Elder, feeding on 75 bp5 or less vampires, who feed 150 vitae damage spread across the mortal population, who have to double that population to do lethal on 300 people every two nights. So we get an elder to human ratio of 1 to 300.
>>
>>61353579
But this all doesn't take into consideration the masqurade. However if we go by Dunbar's Number (max people you can know is 150) we can assume anonymity in a population greater than 150 for 1 person. So lets say every vampire has 150 additional people that dont know them or any vampire. So with 1 elder and 75 bp5 vampires, we get 76x150 , which is 11400. Add that to our minimum safe farmable population and we get 11700 people to 76 vampires. We average it out and get 153.94 people per vampire as our "maximum safe" number for sustainable human to vampire population. If we want to be really good to the masquerade we up the number to 150 people who also dont know any of these farmed humans, and get 45300 humans to 76 vampires, or 1 vampire to every 596.05 humans.

But you also then have to take into consideration the taboo and viability on straight up feeding on kids or the elderly or dying. Jids being ~18% of the population and figure dangerously chronically ill and frail elderly close to 20%, we'd get 1 per 961.
>>
>>61353110
Woofs kill more woofs than any other supernatural as well.
They also can't do shit to you if you can turn intangible, teleport, fly or drop a boatload of silver on them, so baiting dogfuckers is damn hilarious.
>>
>>61353579

Well, the thing is that they are supposed to be rare. Insignificant in the world, or else the chances of a minor mistake causing an irreparable damage to the masquerade are catasthropic

I'm sure you know that according to every lore ever, in the Dark Ages a vampiric population of one vampire pero 1.000 was pushing it, and that in modern times (specifically, in the 90s) the ratio was one vampire per 100.000 humans.
So, for example, Portland OR would have in excess of 20 vampires in its metropolitan area (which seems enough to have a prince, a handful of primogens, a sheriff, and neonates; a small court for a not so big city and it's satellite towns).
By your rules it would have several thousands of vampires. That's simply... nope.
>>
>>61349462
How does he manage to make the setting more interesting than their core fucking book?
>>
Also to the anon wanting to do a new CofD mega, I have some of the stuff downloaded. Can you make a collaborative MEGA so we can all upload or it doesn't work that way?
>>
>>61353599
>>61353579
There is absolutely no way that vampires could stay hidden for more than a week with those numbers.
For example V5 directly states that a vampire needs tleast 30 vessels to avoid anemia.
And around 3000 in his domain to avoid overfeeding and masquerade breaches or delepadating the area through overfeeding.
And that in the US with its already high murder and crime rates.
>>61353742
Because these videos are pure fluff while the book has to go into mechanics behind it.
>>
>>61347188
Why do you think they chose to make V5 so much like Requiem?
>>
>>61354625
boomers
>>
>>61354807
>>61354625

it does read like an adult wrote the thing for once
>>
>>61354843

If by adult you mean a 22 year old Social Justice Sex Worker, then yes.
>>
>>61355059

Sorry, a 22 year old Social Justice Sex Worker from either America or Sweden. It's like a whole other category. A SJW from central europe would be called "alt-right" from the company who wrote this book.
>>
>>61347188
>>61354625
They didn't.
I recommend reading the fucking book instead of reurgitating shitposts
>>
File: Tremere.png (21 KB, 502x500)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
So the Tremere used to have seven people below every ranked individual, right? Seven Councilors, each with seven Pontifices, each with seven Lords, each with seven Regents, each with seven Magisters, each with seven Apprentices... which makes no fucking sense once you start doing the math:

- 7^1 = 7 Councilors
- 7^2 = 49 Pontifices
- 7^3 = 343 Lords
- 7^4 = 2401 Regents
- 7^5 = 16807 Magisters
- 7^6 = 117649 Apprentices

And that's discounting the number of potential Acolytes and other hangers-on (an additional 823543). The total of the Councilors-Apprentices is over 137000 Tremere, which is around the number of people in Olathe, Kansas. If you add in the Acolytes the number goes up to 960799, or around the population of Austin, Texas. So either I'm getting this wrong, or White Wolf cannot into math.
>>
>>61355286
>So the Tremere used to have seven people below every ranked individual, right?
Where do you take that from?
>>
>>61355286
You're conflating theory with reality. In theory, that's how it should be. But in reality, they're way, way too understaffed for that
>>
>>61355286

The Regent is the leader of a Chantry. Do you think that the Tremere would say "you know what, we rather not establish a chantry here because that would fuck up the numbers"?

Everything below Regent is random; you may have a Chantry with a Regent and 4 Apprentices, because that's the totality of the Tremere presence in that given city.

So yes, there are (were?) 7 Councilors and 49 Pontifex, but the number of Lords was already "as needed" (according to their clanbook, they only specify this 7x7 when refering to the Council and the Pontifex), which would overview (each) three or four Lords which could have overview over nothing (like a Lord taking control of the commerce of an US State), and then Regents as needed. If the Camarilla controls 1.000 cities in the world (at that's a lot of cities, considering their presence in Asia, Africa, Central and Southern America is absolutely negligible), there could be... 700 Chantries? Less?
>>
>>61355286
You're the one that assumes the 7 by 7 rule keeps on going down throughout the pyramid after the first few levels.
>>
>>61355684

Although I would love, and I would agree with you >>61355286, if we could write into the metaplot that the totality of the population of Olathe, Kansas is composed of Tremere vampires, and that there aren't anymore in any other place of the world.
Can you imagine? All that constant chatter of "I will test my new cainite powers... with thee!" non-stop? Delicious.
>>
>>61355771

Pic related.
>>
>>61346790
There's a mention of a Clan of Death, which is implied to be a bunch of the Necromancers working together. This is backed up in bJD, where the Caps, Harbs, and Samedi were all going to fuck the Giovanni.
>>
>>61356575
It'd be fun to see those three come together and reform Clan Cappadocious. I mean, who actually likes the Giovanni?
>>
>>61356783
I never got the whole italians=necromancers thing. It shows that they created the Cappa's later since they fit the theme much better.
>>
>>61356891
It's a natural extension of "sick and twisted mafia family".
Also the Cappadocians are fucking boring
>>
>>61356030
And to think they could have had the Tremere have a very cool clan curse that fit the theme of the clan if only the writers actually cared.

Tell me what you think:
The Pyramid works like a blood pyramid scheme. Every time you feed some of the blood gets magically sent to your sire and you don't get as much when you feed. When he feeds he sends some to his sire and so on and so on to the point where the 7 are just gorged on the blood of their clan 24/7. Have it not be enough to satiate the beast so they still have to feed sometimes but they have all this extra blood to do blood magic with. The Tremere Pyramid would LITERALLY exist to fuel Tremere. Suck a dick WW! 20+ years of this shit and this never crossed your mind?
>>
>>61357012
That doesn't fit with how Hunger works in V5. In theory you could make it work (have to make the Tremere drink 2 worth to slake 1 Hunger) but that gets Hunger to be a bit more unmanageable. It's good for a V20 hack though.
>>
>>61356964
They only existed in the DA. They could have changed in the modern age. Plenty of Clans did. Maybe have a conflict over wanting to follow Papa Capa into becoming masters of Death or the more modern kindred who see themselves as agents of Death or something else shit, it's necromancer vampires there's gotta be more stuff to do besides Guido Vampires
>>
>>61357048
Yeah not for V5 but for the two decades of people complaining that the Tremere have no actual curse though...
>>
>>61357080
True. It's also a good fit for the Assamite's 'tithing' mechanic as well.
>>
>>61357012
But that stops being a curse as soon as you have Childer or even grandchilder
>>
>>61356964
>Also the Cappadocians are fucking boring
I feel like we already had this conversation. Cappadocians are more interesting than the Giovanni if only because of their history, and provide way more options than the Giovanni.
>>
>>61357175
For which you must first ask permission
>>
>>61357012
The biggest problem of the Tremere curse to me is that it didn't reflect the clan character like other curses. Ventrue are elitist to the point of weakness, Lasombra are so callous they cannot see the monsters they are, Tzimisce can never truly escape their origins, Brujah are the most connected to humanity -- even the worst parts. Tremere should have a curse that reflects their hubris, they will never escape their illegitimacy. Maybe they should always count as being one generation higher due to a fundamental wrongness of their blood or a vacillating weakness between the Tremere, Tzimisce, and Salubri curse to reflect how they are fundamentally a bastard bloodline, less legitimate than the Giovanni because at least Giovanni kept alive Cappadocian traditions.
>>
>>61357239
We have had this conversation, and the cappadocians are still boring as fuck with precisely 3 things ever related to them that has been interesting.
While the core of the giovanni is good.
>>
>>61357335
Having them count as a generation higher is dumb, their whole deal is mastery of the blood, and having their blood be weaker makes no sense.
>>
>>61357368
Even if you don't like their history, I still find a clan of death scholars and seneschals (not accounting the infitiores that were quite divergent from the clan's archetype) more interesting than isolated mafiosi. And there's the Harbingers to add a touch of Shadowlands to them.
But well, to each his own.
>>
What should be the next thread question?
>>
>>61357398
That would fit with the theme of curses being cosmic ironies.
>>
Make the tremere have a hard time embracing to symbolize the fact that they are trying to compensate with power.
>>
>>61357335
Maybe have a mix of their illegitimate history and their half stolen, half magical source of their vampirism. Maybe they're still mystically tethered to the Salubri and have a greater difficulty healing, or their vitae has been infused with magic so much over the centuries that it's difficult to specialize in disciplines instead of Thaum.
>>
>>61357509
That's pretty okay, they have a random chance of having stillborn embraces because they can never truly master a curse from God.
>>
New Inquisition
>>61357582
>>
>>61357593
And I forgot to get rid of the V5 preview link
>>
>>61357483

If there is a way to play a decent vampire game but using systems not made and sold by Paradox Wolf.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.